Speaker 1: Now leave he about this company, the makers the PRINTO invite you to fit back, relax and enjoy the story I'll aid in the cananda today.
Speaker 2: Here the Kingfish's wife, Sapphire, is spending most of the afternoons in the beauty shop for one of her regular treatments, and finding herself short of money. She has phoned the Kingfish to come over immediately with the cash. And did read to walk over with the Kingfish, and they were approaching the beauty shop.
Speaker 3: Now, I've always wanted to see what goes on inside of one of these places. King says, Oh, yeah, you can go in. He's just a bouty shop. Right here, this Mamie Laverne, and they don't seem name. And look at the sign the m m me that spells m. It's the pre relation for the French word monsieur. That's what it is. Well, let's get on in there. Yes, I have be ready to leave the place, But now can I held on? No? I, mister George Evans are coming up from a wife. Her name is missus George Stevens, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe. Now, then a look at my book and see what project she is, Miss Ship I Seeson, mis Steve, is she the station on the side and cross? You are all manicure shampoo?
Speaker 3: And I brought up No, I think she's a wrinkle smooth gent Taylor. General Louis Harder.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, I believe she's almost beady. He's just getting a little touch up, now, touch up. Yes, she's touching out near the roosters her gray hair.
Speaker 3: Oh my wave, ain't got no gray air.
Speaker 4: Oh come come missus Stephen.
Speaker 3: Oh well, yeah, what do you think she had on the roost of her air kingfish powder?
Speaker 4: Will you wait idea and I'll go back and see she's ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you very much. Then look back there. See the door open there. Yeah, there's a woman getting a finger whar Yeah, one of what woman wants with wavy fingers. Huh Hey, look at that move over there and the look there. Yeah, there's a woman sitting there with a bucket on top of her head. That's electric griers. Huh oh, looks awful on us by the looking at some of the new hatstag. I don't know that. Hey, look here, there's a daughter's tating a little. But you can't see nothing. I'll tell you what. Let's do let's tiptoe down there near maybe we can hear from guys. Come on, quiet nine, how would.
Speaker 4: You like to have a little curly front, Miss cord right, Well, let's try. By the way, Miss code right, I see your friend, Miss Henrietta is in one of the real boots getting picked up today. That Henriette woman don't friend of mine, no more.
Speaker 3: You all had a fried Miss cord right.
Speaker 4: No, but my husband, mister Coldwright, has told me plenty. You know, Henrietta works in the same office as mister Coldwright, and mister Coldwright says he don't want me going down to Henriette.
Speaker 3: Course, all she's got on her mind is man.
Speaker 1: Mister Cordwright says, Henrietta comes to work at the.
Speaker 4: Office and that typed it and sat in brisk and tries to be so attractive to all the man.
Speaker 1: And mister Corkwright don't want me to form our reputation by running around to your life.
Speaker 2: Henriette. Oh, I pat you come.
Speaker 3: On and come on. They better not turned the tone lamp on her. That woman would get a tan tongue, you know whatever. Yeah, that's mister Cordwright. Certainly hate Henrietta, don't Yeah, Oh, mister Stephen. He seems ready.
Speaker 4: Now you can go on back. He's in the last boot all out.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, thank you. Come on, Ann, it's go on with Hey. Look, King Fish, you mean to say that women is in all these bush hair gets some six stuff that we wait a minute. Here's another door next to the end that's open. Let's listen.
Speaker 4: Uh, how do you want your hair done this morning? That's handwriding?
Speaker 2: Mutter comb it up?
Speaker 3: No, you better comb it down.
Speaker 4: I got a lunch from date with Nissy Cookbot and he says, you love my hair hanging.
Speaker 3: On my shoulders? That man corkword gets around on the man. He sure do. Well, let's get on in here. What's top? I've come on?
Speaker 4: George?
Speaker 2: Is that's here?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, that's me, honey, Andrew's Witn't that? Well? You and Andy come on here? And Si I'm late, but I have to wait almost hours. No, well, when is it gonna start to work on you? What is you talking about?
Speaker 1: George saying?
Speaker 3: Finished with me?
Speaker 1: Get that way?
Speaker 2: And how you like my hair done up on top?
Speaker 3: Like this? Well? Look good? Go where's your ball spot?
Speaker 4: I also have a facial George, if you look real close to see if they done took the cross feet away from mine.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, they took away the cross feet already, but the tracks are still there. You just shut your mouth and give me five down all right here, and I'll see you at home, all right? All right? Come on and been in fire? I wasn't. She still looks bad? Yeah, well, one good thing with her you ain't got to worry about, mister courtwright. No, no, I know one thing. I ain't never gonna get married because you up to keep on a woman's face alone and keep a man broke. Boy, this expense cures me are married. I'm gonna stay single and just go breezing along with the breeze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's comfortable in that chair, joint.
Speaker 3: Why are you so sweet to me around the house today, honey, I don't give you all the money I got.
Speaker 2: Well, joge, I might as well take you.
Speaker 3: One of my relatives is coming to.
Speaker 2: Stay with her.
Speaker 3: But that's all. If you were thinking on that mother, you were coming around here and forced me and run my house.
Speaker 1: I go throw up the sponge.
Speaker 3: Now wait a minute, wait, your mother is this woman I don't ever had in this house? My ain't he is the worst. She uh she uh, did you say some sweet words?
Speaker 2: Then it ain't not at this time.
Speaker 3: Whoever it is will be an improvement on that old bit you that's not allone? Yeah, well, I wish you'd letting me alone. Stay away from here too. Who's coming my marriage?
Speaker 2: Sister?
Speaker 3: For rest.
Speaker 2: One marriage?
Speaker 3: You mean to tell me that country girl that's coming up here and stay with us? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She is?
Speaker 3: Never Where is he gonna? Sleeep? Man?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: Put them two little best Yeah, we got that sofa that's bumping hard, old little sorescent fit on that. No, but you this now, we're a minute here. I ain't gonna do that. Now. Look, John, here's a sixty that she send me with the left.
Speaker 1: Let me see the thing say is but I think she stop out some wait.
Speaker 2: As this waspy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at them double chins on that woman, will you? He looked like a stack of used tire standing there.
Speaker 4: Oh, John just talked like Larreston b a hippopotmers.
Speaker 3: No, ain't no hippopotamus ever been as hippy as she is, or partimasita. Send it up right, it's coming, she said, live, not with a minute. I can't afford to have her land around y'all eating up my food.
Speaker 1: But there's only one solution to it, George.
Speaker 3: We got to take you advocate till we can introduce her to some legible bachelok it ain't married legible bachelor? Now, who do I want to get even without something? Let me send you? Let me look at that pitchure again? The mmmm look at that woman. He's getting ugly every years. Well, after all, George, she's forty three going to the citsure. She's sending the other ahead of schedule. I know that gard to go in the beauty shop and stay there for a month, never leave the giant.
Speaker 4: She ain't never been inside of one, George.
Speaker 1: But you just guess to let him live here till you get her married with a minute.
Speaker 3: Y'all got the idea maybe I could get Andy Brown to marry her. But don't you think Andy's Brown? Yeah? But at her stage again, she can't beat you there say you know Andy might not be bad for flu rested no on second thought, and he interested in getting married. He want to say a single. The last thing he said to meet us morning.
Speaker 4: Was and just freeze along with her.
Speaker 3: Bring well, hello, that can't fink come in roll up it in my puson, Buddy gotcheler Andy Brown telling all the troubles. I know how it is when a man's got worse, he ain't got no worfe to comfort him and talk over the troubles with him. Wait a minute, I ain't got no worries. Kame drink, and I think the reason I ain't her grog Ey's single. Now there has the same thing that you mentioned, gras that you ain't got no worse as long as you have done brung up the subject door. You know, less than an hour ago I was talking about the same thing the Southire. It was. Yeah, I was telling her what you said this morning about man the girl is spend so much money in the beauty shop. Yeah, and all of them doing don a brother, And there's a very oker economical turg It never goes in the beauty shop. And you was lucky if you can land one like that. Yeah, but where is it? Ah? Now, my darling wife has got a charming little sister named for Russell and she's staying with us with the winner. Yeah. Uh, your little sister, well, I say little uh. He's got a little fat yeah, a little fat man. But here is one girl that makes a perfect way. I hate to see you get married. You know I would cry at the author like a mother. Well wipe your tears away, mama. I ain't gonna take it a no order, no, And I'd like to have a good cry if I could get two soul knicks together. No, no, King says, I ain't in the Marion move. We're not wear the maranda. It's the rule and regulation is need to that every man who's got to have a way, because without one, you ain't got the love and companionships, and that's what you need. Listen, if I need love and companionship, I can do better with a dog. When a dog sit on your lap, and because your hands your order, it's really lovely after and not money they's fending no goody shot.
Speaker 2: A dog really teach you good?
Speaker 3: Or if you'll teach you like a dog already, then I want you to come over knee for rest and tonight. Well how come you is the anxious for me to meet this? ChIL King says, But there, I ain't never told you that's before done. But now as good a time as in it, you see, and there high a fund of this I has always loved you like a brother. And if you went to marry for Russing, what would make you my brother in law? And then the that is the sweetest relation between two men.
Speaker 1: King said, I.
Speaker 2: Never know that you talk that way about me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's high time or two with your brother in law. Yes, and I'd be part of happy to put you on one of the limbs of my family trees. Right. Well, I'd like to get out on the rimb or I'll get tell on them. Lay. Yeah. You know, in another thing, if we want brother in law is right? Whenever you wouldn't teach you out of money no more. Mayra's right. But even if I should teach you, you would have to try to tax and an one that the money is still in the family, see what I mean? Yeah, yeah, that's right. Brother in law is good? All right? What kind of a galley is this? Leon Tuban all Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh oh he is a lovely.
Speaker 3: Gal and uh I want you to meet her before you marry her. Uh. You know. Herefore I would have married before I married high Way. I would have her Topa. You mean you would have married RESSI No, I just wouldn't married top We'll tell me this what did you look like you got a picture over it that I can see? Oh yeah, I was a boy the one here, but hang one, Yeah, there ain't a very good one. The picture will sit on the very bad conditions. It was. Yeah, the film in the camera at the time, That is the little film I mean I got, Well, let me see the picture. Hm, this is a group figure. No no, that group has all heard no, no, k I think she's too old for me and she ain't good looking neither. Well, but looks to me Russ and brother in law and the well her you just on the kin beef. Yeah, well we got a lot of pin on her at all. He lorded the skin. She shows a big woman. Yeah, well not that's if you the part of us her d ind woop my kinny little girl? What their head making money to pat him up? There? It looking like a wef you was getting the girl that's already been three facts. Yeah, well, uh, I'd like to meet her. What times did I come to this? Well, we sell them stuff around setting because I'm about to be getting that sick us uh lea Browne. Uh So Russell's just coming from the country and can't you hear the strangers that you can come to supper some other night after he doesn't learn to eat. Put The night before.
Speaker 4: I got to put him on, he shows yours run the lords too tight for my feet.
Speaker 3: It lets me so I can't stand them.
Speaker 2: Let's pueeze into 'em. Honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you get acquainted with mister Brown while you can try him off again, Do.
Speaker 4: That all right, brother John, Maybe you ought to sprinkle some of my pecurity and half honey.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm already down behind the eils a little extra. That guy you two get billing in too, and he's gonna think he's making love to angels who kicks you know. Oh, I'm so excited about this.
Speaker 4: This is the first time I talked to him.
Speaker 2: Man s and z Smith talk to me back in the country.
Speaker 3: Why didn't know you had a date with Ze Smith?
Speaker 4: Well, is one exactly no date. She was across the field one day calling the hog.
Speaker 1: When they came to him.
Speaker 3: I walked up with him.
Speaker 4: That you always go out and round him.
Speaker 3: Up, quieting right away with our fires. And they asked for Russell's age. We can't tell him that she's forty three because Andrew's forty three herself. Oh, that's right. Well we don't have to knock off ten years and say she's only thirty three. Yeah that's a good uh oh yeah, land and out put on your shoes for Russell. Yeah, well that's how How do I look, George? How do I look to let Now? I gonna let him in? Well? Well, well, good evening brother in law. He folks in there are now? I mean, the proposition to introduce to you my very charming and single assistant law by marriage be very desirable. So wrestling, Uh well, I gotta be going. Wait a minute, come back, Oh no, let's go. My next tight can't fish? Let's go?
Speaker 4: You choking and and foresca say hold on to mister Brown.
Speaker 3: And all miss brown satin? Can I take off my shoes now, witness and just sit down and make yourself comfortable? Take off your shoes too, handy?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you too.
Speaker 3: Ought to find a lot of comment on account of there. It's only a ten years difference in your ages. Yeah, I figured she was about fifty three.
Speaker 1: Oh Andy, you missed it by twenty years.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't want to say seventy three? And what's you burn into pashes? I bring you a present where is it? Bag of potato chips? Potato chip for me? Says for us? Oh, jimmy, I just love these potato chips. Wait a minute, foresaill, you've got to take him on the banks first, chairs don't do that? Well, come on, George, let's go to the movies and leave the young folks alone. Yeah, well, we'll be back in a couple of hours. You'll enjoy yourself and to find a way in there. You'll speak right up for yourself. Yeah, well, see you later. Come by, have a good time, you little love burns.
Speaker 2: Come on, George, Oh George, I they ain't a hope that this thing works out?
Speaker 3: You been it? Will?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Uh, student find out and I tell you what we're gonna do. Let's stay right here and i'll peek through the keyhole. What do you seek, George? They is sitting in two chairs. Wait a minute, what is it? And there is getting up. He's walking over to the sofa. Flisa, she's sitting in the chair near Oh Andy is dimming the light by the sofa. Oh damn great, it's worse hot dogs. Now he's sitting on the sofa. Really, how about some resty? Well, she ain't moved yet Oh, and they laid down to take a nap. What do you want to see me about? Andy? Well, so I want to ask you a question. If you was me, would you marry a gal if you didn't love her? Not? Unless I was out of my head, I wouldn't. Yeah. Well, the Kingfisher's sister lawd Fluorescent is the gal. I think she's too old to me though it's finally come out that she was seventy three. Oh, and I don't think a man ought to marry a gal unless there are to love there. Yeah. I think you're right after all. And the real marriage is when you can have the thrill of picking up the one you love in your arms and holding them close to you. Yeah, well that's holding close thing. Ain't bad. But somebody's gonna help me when it comes to picking for us up telling me that. And when you see her the first time, did you have a feeling of love? Did you kind of get to heighten the check? No? I got upset in the summer. Well, I am just remember one thing after you married it. Yeah, you got to live in the same house with her for the rest of your late Yeah, you're right, amos. You talk me out of it. Yeah, well, come in, King Peach, I just leave him. Yeah, well how is how is my future brother in Leander? That's what I want to talk to you about. Yeah, well i'll see you all, lady to thank you, brother Emon forlong emmas. Uh brother in law, dear older Holden. I might as well nip you in the butt right now. And I ain't gonna marry Floresta. But brother, and you mean that you ain't gonna marry fluoresseen that sweet little delicate flower. What you're talking about? The flowers she went to see twenty years ago, King Preach, I just don't love her. Brother, then the that's the old fashion, the idea. The new wheel is to marry him fulson didn't learn to love them? Yeah, well, I like the old facts way of loving them first and then learning to forget them. Now, wait a minute, you can't do that to me. I like I told you twenty times before, she's too old for me. But now we're just a minute. Yeah, I'll sue you for breaching. Promise. I go see my lawyer right now. You assume me for breaching from Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Promised to be my brother in law.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll get you I'll get you. Hello there, Gavin, I can't finish. Come on in, Come on in, Well, Gavin, how's the law business? You look kind of sad about something much the matter. I just had a harmon experence, a harm expense. I just lost the client. Oh that's too bad. How'd it happen? I fell off the amler. Well, now listen, Gavin, I come to see you about my assist in law flow wrestling. Is you see her since she's been in town? You mean at basket Ghatow sitting on your front step the sap fire. Yeah, that's her. She just come up from the country. But tell me something can't be if she went put in over that much between her toes, I put in you you love to see her? Once you had my shoes on, I take it to New York. He tak he came back greathounds grant that dog.
Speaker 1: Said the cattle lord, didn't he.
Speaker 3: Uh you know? And le Brown promised to marry us gall and then back down said that he's too old enough and all that stuff. Now here what I'm gonna ask that? And I forced the marriage by suing him for beaching barma beat promis beach parma I'll represent the beautiful brother in court once and he was towing for Beacha Barma. I got up and I hed my case right to the judge. He's it right to him. I made a wonderful fleach. Then the lawyer for the defendant, God, he made his flee. The church didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: He said to the beautiful girl, come.
Speaker 3: With me and come up fire of the table. She went in there with the judge. She was locked up for twenty five minutes, and then the cold from and the judge. Folks what he said, lovely love let her.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: God, I ain't much of a man for in law, and my wife's mother will guiding me crazy and just yell us almost as bad as they stand at my hope. Now, how can I get in in the mare so I can get out of our hope? Oh that thowt sho looked like a scampow I just said to beuty shop and get a fixed up, because they ain't do wonders over that, Just wonder head, that's a good idea. I'll put my watch and pond, I'll put everything else in pawn and I'll get him to pick her up so she'll be a real glamor gal. Oh that beauty shop a good job on all right? They give a four five lasses, they get a four five poundcause they put the rack in the hand. They get a false thing in nail and a due.
Speaker 1: Pool job on the faace.
Speaker 3: Make a real good looking just like other women doing up. Yes, indeed, and after she gets come beauty shops with a look, she'll understand one thing. What's that why some minute women carry?
Speaker 1: I'm reloquhen it rains.
Speaker 3: Well, come on ended us doing the house and you can pop the question til for rush and la. Yeah, yeah, I can't wait. You know, I see her two or three times on the street lady, and she looks like a million dollar Oh yes, wonderful what they can do for him in the beauty toulon or and she got herself fixed up? You know she really doesn't become a heath gal. She's popular too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can hardly wait to pre pose my Oh well.
Speaker 3: Here, hello there, oh hello, dame dicussing, Hello, mischief down dood boat today look at you? You really beautiful? Now well pressing dollars.
Speaker 1: I got something to say?
Speaker 3: What's yourself together? Over? Bo?
Speaker 2: I'm not tying your mind.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd like to talk to you about my fine hundred times for one of the check covers.
Speaker 3: Too bad ball room, just talking about the.
Speaker 2: Same thing in your all set?
Speaker 3: Sure nus you unit or that that that you were gonna getting world or congratulation. Wait a minute here, what's the matter with me for a husband? I'm findy you're so af for me? Sit off and uh there's a fine thing. Well man there, it's too bad that you didn't take off my hands. But I gonna putt a small job and getting a fixed up and finding a husband for Oh boy, I was rid of her and he in top. I was gonna have some peace around here. Now. Oh gosh, this the good news. Oh yeah, I just yeah that, honey, and not plenty happened. Oh. I was so excited about it that I phone long distance to mother and I told her how either you got some recents? Now, oh what you say? Mother's arriving here tomorrows to live with us.
Speaker 1: So you and do the same thing for her. When you see a fellow walking down the street whistling cheerfully, you can just bet on it he's feeling pretty good. And when you hear a woman whistling, Especially if she whistles while she's washing clothes, you can make the same bet she's feeling pretty good. And you can also bet that she's using our new soapy rich rinsol. That's why she feels so swell. She can see herself that new rinsol gets out more dirt without making her work so hard. And chances are here's the little tune. She's either whistling or singing rinso rinto happy little song.