Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app Listen.
Speaker 2: I know people don't like that. I get it, you don't like the Giants, But I had fun.
Speaker 1: It's good that you have fun. You need to take some time away and do something for you once in a while, and that's what matters. That's what matters. Think, we see you, we feel you, all the things.
Speaker 3: JT.
Speaker 2: Snow was my coach, former Angel and former Giant, former Yankee and former Angel and former Giant, and then I think he played for the Red Sox for a few months.
Speaker 1: Really big at the turn of the century.
Speaker 2: Humongous And what's funny is you can ask him about he hit in seven consecutive World Series games, which I think he said fewer than twenty people have ever done in the history of the World Series. But at six gold gloves, six consecutive gold gloves at first base. But what people remember him for is picking up Darren Baker at home play eight in that in that World Series, so the kid didn't get hurt.
Speaker 1: That was great, That was a great moment.
Speaker 2: That picture of him holding Darren big picking him up as he's crossing home plate so he doesn't get hit by I think it was David Bell that was going to score behind him. That is a picture that sits in the.
Speaker 1: The Smithsonian, the Hall of Fame. What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Time for what's happening?
Speaker 1: I did mention.
Speaker 2: Damage, fire damage, burglary call public adjuster Anne seven five two five six?
Speaker 1: Did Mark and Marlin? Did they screw that up the way we screw that up? No?
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks, you didn't have to answer so quickly. Preserve, Protect and defend, deserve, protect, and defend the.
Speaker 2: Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of the United States.
Speaker 3: So help me, God, So help me God.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to stay forward. Our country will flourish and be respected again.
Speaker 2: All over the world.
Speaker 1: We will be the envy of every nation, and we will not allow ourselves to be taken advantage of any longer.
Speaker 2: That part of the inauguration speech that happened in the Capitol rotunda this morning as opposed to as opposed to outside because of some weather. The President said that the age, the Golden Age of America, begins right now.
Speaker 1: Speaking of I mentioned this right before the break kid Rock trying to flirt with a BBC reporter. Her name is Kaytriona Perry and she is the chief anchor based in DC. She asked Kid Rock during an interview what his plans are. He said he was thinking about going to the Canadian embassy, maybe trying to get Canada to become our fifty first state with Governor Wayne Gretzky. He says he's done with work so we can actually celebrate the rebirth of America today. And then he went on to say, what about you? What are you doing? Where are you at? She kind of laughed. She's like, well, I'm sitting on the rooftop. It's super cold. I look like I'm ready to hit the slopes. He said, I can't see you right now, so I don't know what you look like. But then he says, you know, oh, the slopes. I love to go skiing. You sound sexy. You want to go with me?
Speaker 2: Uh? She stammered out a single, stunned syllable. Before wrapping things up. She says, well, we won't get into.
Speaker 3: That right here.
Speaker 2: We're doing no skiing today. We've bought a day of broadcasting.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: He's smoking a cigar.
Speaker 2: Cute that shot La County has been told get ready for what could be more dangerous winds and potentially extreme fire weather at noon today. A few minutes ago, we entered the particularly dangerous situation again when it comes to red flag warnings. This elevated red flag plus plus danger zone is noon today until ten tomorrow morning. The red flag normal red flag warning doesn't expire until probably ten o'clock tomorrow night. So we are in the midst of it now and will be for the next several hours. As we've seen before, and if we learn any lesson out of the last couple of weeks, it is pay attention to.
Speaker 3: What's going on.
Speaker 2: And in the event that you see smoke, smell, smoke, saw the fire, had any reason to think that you might be in danger, its best to get out early and go back safely if you can. Then it is to wait until the very last minute.
Speaker 1: Well, we are dealing with fire. The rest of the country dealing with freezing Seventy five percent of the country expected to face freezing temperatures this week. You saw it live if you watch those football games yesterday. A lot of winter storm mornings from Tennessee to Maine on Sunday, so your travel plans if you're headed there, check them out, Double check them because there's a lot of snow everywhere. Like I said, seventy five percent of the country.
Speaker 2: A DC expected to see three inches six inches in New York and Boston. Somewhere Philly, they said a snow emergency was declared last night. Could be six inches of snow and below freezing temperatures through much of that area.
Speaker 1: Costco is going to go on strike. Over eighteen thousand Costco employees voted to approve this nationwide strike. What does this mean for Costco? Well, they say, from day one, we've told our Costco that our members will not work a day past January thirty first without a historic industry leading agreement. That Costco's greedy executives have less than two weeks to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: They are they closed or they just will they be picket signs outside my scabs.
Speaker 1: I don't know Costco scabs.
Speaker 2: Pretty large earthquake hit Taiwan. Initial reports of some minor injuries and a little bit of damage. This quake hit very early this morning. Epicenter about seven miles north of Euging. You know where that is, right, sure? Taiwan Central Weather Administration recorded a magnitude of six point four.
Speaker 1: The using is in Central Taiwan.
Speaker 3: I mean, I see knows that.
Speaker 2: And then Pepsi says they're going to roll out a new permanent flavor while another permanent flavor is being phased out. The newer of the two beverages, Pepsi Wild Cherry and Cream.
Speaker 3: Starts today.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a lot of diabetes.
Speaker 2: Sweet cherry and creamy vanilla. They will come both original which is sugary, and zero sugar varieties, still sugary but not sugar, not to be confused with wild cherry.
Speaker 1: Are you a flavored soda guy?
Speaker 3: I was amazed.
Speaker 2: I had an opportunity to drink soda on Friday night and I chose lemonade. That's okay, I've lost my flavor or lost my touch.
Speaker 1: For I almost bought diet coke in the market yesterday and did not because I was.
Speaker 2: Like, we all, thank you for that. Sometimes you and diet coke cannot be good friends.
Speaker 1: You could have just told me don't drink diet coke. He wanted to wait till.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be able to make that decision. You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to give you some parameters just say, we would all appreciate it if you didn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, but we can't make that decision for you, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the safe space you've created here.
Speaker 2: Inauguration Day continues, the second inauguration of Donald Trump as president. Capital One Arena, the big basketball hockey arena there in DC, is crowded.
Speaker 3: It is absolutely packed to the gills.
Speaker 2: Instead of the normal inaugural parade that you see from the Capital down towards the White House, they are going to be doing a rally of sorts there at the Capitol One Arena.
Speaker 1: Look at Trump and Biden embracing and Milan Yeah, and Jill as well as Biden and Jill jetted off to Santa YNEZ.
Speaker 2: What I noticed this morning, and I don't remember this in the other inaugurations that we've seen, the president, the incoming vice president and second lady in this case went to the White House and then President Trump and Malania they showed up at the White House and they were greeted by Biden and Jill and it was very pleasant. I mean, they talked about I think President Biden even said to President elect Trump, welcome home, and Pleasantry's handshakes, that sort of thing that the official picture, and they go into the residence. It's officially considered a tea that they were having. They're having tea together. And then as they leave, it was Doug and Usha get into a limo and go.
Speaker 3: Then it was.
Speaker 2: JD and JD and Kamala get into their limo and go, and then Jill and Malania in a and they go. And then Amy Klobashar because she was in charge of the inauguration ceremony, Amy Klobashar, Donald Trump and Joe Biden all get into a limo and they go. But it was listen, I don't know how awkward those drives were. They're not very god for smartphones. I mean, think about Jill and Melania. The worst is Kamala and JD.
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 1: I mean, those two have slung massive amounts of feces at each other.
Speaker 4: But that.
Speaker 2: Despite that, despite the amount of feces going back and forth.
Speaker 1: There's no conversation in that limo. I would bet my family and your family on that images jdie Vance and Kamala Harris. There was nothing spoken but.
Speaker 2: The image of them getting into the same limo for that quick five minute eight minute drive over to the Capitol.
Speaker 1: I can't even get past I can't get past uncomfortable to important and civil, because you know that was not what that was. That was theater.
Speaker 3: I just think it was an important visual for everybody.
Speaker 1: I think so, But you know, deep down, it's not arguing that they emerged friends or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, Gary, what song did you end up using to introduce yourself at Fantasy Baseball cameras?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I didn't have to introduce myself because they had a guy doing the PA when we played the games in Scottsdale Stadium.
Speaker 1: I wish I was at So did everybody love it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What was the best and what was the worst?
Speaker 2: A couple guys had like, uh, it's not Pokemon.
Speaker 3: There were some other cartoon anima song. Yeah. I didn't recognize them, and they didn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Were the Asian?
Speaker 2: I don't recall, but I don't I don't recall.
Speaker 1: Okay, go on, he sounds like you're in a deposition.
Speaker 2: The best was I think three or four people had sabotage by the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 1: Really, how embarrassing? Four people the same?
Speaker 3: How do you not know?
Speaker 1: I would have been one we vetoed because we would know, well, Wed, so I know you're not getting to sabotage anyone.
Speaker 2: We also did veto it because I thought it was too common. Yes, it was going to be too common?
Speaker 1: Why did people call us?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Are Championship Sunday is set? After this weekend's four games? We know the four teams that are going to be playing on Sunday to Buffalo Bills in Kansas City on Sunday, they're the first game, and then the Washington Commanders the what the Washington Commanders at the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 1: Wild watching what Jaden's been able to do this season. He has flown under the radar, probably because he's twenty four, he's a rookie, but also because he plays for the Commanders and nobody has the Commanders on their radar at the beginning of the season, not midway through the season. Despite what he's able to do week after week, he's incredible to watch. Puts on a show. Who is rooting for the Eagles and the Chiefs? Other than Chiefs and Eagles fans, I don't know. The entire world wants it to be the Bills and the Commanders. The Super Bowl what a great story. We're tired of the Eagles, We're tired of the Chiefs. Move along. The refs fleeced the Texans in that game. That was not a personal foul. My god, I have loved that.
Speaker 3: I've loved that storyline.
Speaker 2: And my favorite image from it was Patrick Mahomes and the referee exchanging jerseys after the game.
Speaker 1: Oh they're great, the memes are great, But when you saw the calls that Lamar did not get, you know, when he's tackled and that one out of bounds tackle and you look at the crap they call for, whiny ass, Patrick Malmes, listen, I'm selling it from this. I was happy about the Chiefs when the Chiefs fans won, and I was a forty nine er fan and I paid a lot of money to go to Miami watch my team win, and they did not win. The Chiefs came out, they put on a show halfway through the fourth quarter. Okay, great, but the Chiefs fans were so humble. It was their first Super Bowl win. They were so happy, they were in tears, they were grateful. It was wonderful to see the excitement. There was a couple in front of me. I took their picture. It was an older couple they embraced. They ended up using it at the sixtieth anniversary that they had a few years later.
Speaker 3: Those are the people you can be happy for. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs fans have become forty nine er fans awful people, Awful, annoying, whiny people. It's like the Patriots fans used to be lovely people and then they had all their success and now they are whiny, entitled people. And there's this thing. And it's not just me. There is actually science behind this that shows that fan bases when a particular team does well in a particular market, the people there do well in terms of productivity at work and all of the things. It's stolen valor, it's stolen confidence. My team won, so I'm King of s Mountain and it translates. And so that's what you get when you go to Kansas City. Now you don't get those nice Midwestern type people. You get this entitled people who think that they're the winners of everything. And that's great, good for you, But it's time for us to move past as a country and embrace a commanders or Josh Allen and the Bills embrace the rookie of the Year in Jade and Daniel. I mean, come on, let's move past. What does the NFL want the NFL that's a good question. What does the NFL want? The NFL should want, what I want, what we all want.
Speaker 2: Because Kansas City and Philadelphia are going to be big.
Speaker 1: People just hate to watch that GID. They're just gonna hate watch it. But it's a feel good feeling. If you've got a rookie quarterback and you've got Buffalo who lost the court, lost the Super Bowl four times in one decade, and they've lost three times to the Chiefs in the big game.
Speaker 3: In the AFC. Yes, I yeah, I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't figured out exactly what to even look at for these for these teams.
Speaker 1: I think you mean like position battles, No, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I'm that deep.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, like, who's the player that I'm going to want to I think Jayden Daniels probably right now, is the one guy. Daniel's of all of those people that we know that I would pull forward but don't.
Speaker 1: And he's a good person, He's got his head on his shoulders, a good kid. But don't discount Josh Allen's story, and we can dig into it as we.
Speaker 3: Get closer to the super California kid.
Speaker 1: He's a California kid, grew up a Niner fan, but more importantly, no one wanted him. He sat down and did all his own work in terms of writing letters, putting his own reels together, sending them to coaches, like crazy amounts of personalized letters to each coach and college.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 1: I know, nobody wants to take a pass on me, but here's why you should. Here's why you should not take a pass on me. I guess I mean your point about him being a good guy. The end of that game, the game is whistled dead last night. The first thing he does is runs over and gives a huge hug to Lamar Jackson. Yeah, and I mean that that's one of those things that I mean your point earlier about.
Speaker 2: I've transitioned from a fan into the player. Like I can respect the other players for what it is that they do. I don't hate them just because of the jersey that they were exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good sign. So he's a close second for me.
Speaker 1: I want to know what they whispered to each other, and was it beat the effing chiefs. Go take it all and can't wait to see you beat the chiefs on the way.
Speaker 3: I hope so big.
Speaker 2: Inauguration Day today, Donald Trump sworn in as the forty seventh president in the Capitol Rotunda. They moved it all inside because of the temperatures on the outside there in DC. About six hundred people there in the rotunda itself markedly Obviously, every member of Congress gets an invite. They're guaranteed a seat, but that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for extra people. And guys like Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg got to bring their wives.
Speaker 3: Or girlfriend I mean.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 2: Well if members of Congress can't, I mean, there's such a well there. They're there for a job. That's their job is to go to that. That's like bringing your wife to work kind of thing, I guess. And those are guests. It's more of a social event. For Mark Zuckerberger, what have you not? It's your duty to be there.
Speaker 1: Your job description says you have to be there for the inauguration.
Speaker 2: Is the guest They sat in front of the people who would be cabinet members. You know, I thought that was kind of interesting too. Aid say that the president is going to begin cleaning up the country's failed, corrupt political establishment. More than two hundred executive actions are expected on this first day in office, including fifty executive orders border security, domestic energy, production of federal workers hired based on merit, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I have a couple things to talk about. Number one not to talk about, just to mention. Number one is your jeopardy question if you wanted to do that. In the spirit of Martin Luther King Junior, day this category as winners for two hundred dollars. Martin Luther King Junior won aposthumous one of these awards for a Best Spoken Word recording in nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry a grammy, Yes, sir, it is a grammy?
Speaker 1: What is a grammy? You are correct? Also, of note, the owners of Peanut the squirrel and Fred the raccoon are back in the news. You remember Peanut and Fred, right, They were seized by the government and killed because of the thread of rabies. Well, now the owners of Peanut and Fred are fighting to get the animal's bodies back. There's been a petition shared via Instagram demanding the return of Peanut and Fred's bodies from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. They want to give them a proper burial. They don't even know where the bodies are if they're still.
Speaker 3: There, they're not.
Speaker 2: The agencies don't continue to hold squirrel and what was the other thing, the raccoon Fred? They don't remember Fred the raccoon easy. They don't tend to keep those around. Those things have become either let's I'll clean it up. They're ashes to ashes, dust to dust, or they're fertilizer or some combination of both.
Speaker 3: But they are not still around.
Speaker 1: You should have a say and whether Peanut and Fred become fertilizer or your stuffed friends on the mantle.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 1: Would you ever stuff an animal put it on the mantle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, Have you ever we've talked about this last year at this time, we were talking about this with my previous dog. Yeah, there was a very strong sentiment in my household that it was a I shouldn't say very strong, I'd say outsized percentage of possibility that the Great King Fergus ended up as a mantle piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would totally do it. I think. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, because there were times he would just sit in the corner and you'd think he was stuffed. There were a lot of movement around, right, Not that he was old, It's just he was just judging.
Speaker 1: I've never really felt the need to get high, Like I have never been a weed person, but I have a really strong feeling to get high and just talk to your dead stuff dog like that sounds like an afternoon well right, like just sitting there, like on the carpet in that corner there.
Speaker 3: We did not end up stuffing him.
Speaker 1: I know, but if you did it, I did anyway. So that's going on. Disneyland. They redid the Haunted Mansion, and I'm thinking, like the headline was like, it's it looks sadder. It's a sadder hunted mansion because of the bride, And so I'm like, all right, you got me click I click on it yesterday. And it turns out that the bride used to be someone who was an axe murder and killed all her husbands and she had their heads and an axe and the whole bit. Well, they felt felt that that was too far, that that was too much, that the sensibilities of people today would be taxed beyond measure if they saw an axe wielding bride that was a husband killer. Well, one of the things that they said, they decided to make her just look sad.
Speaker 2: Right, like she had lost husbands, which is haunted in its own way.
Speaker 1: It's stupid. We can't handle of bride axe murderer who kills her husbands. We were in a nation addicted to true true crime. If there was ever a time when we had an appetite for a axe murderer bride, it would be right now.
Speaker 2: The uh, the interesting thing about it is that they get away with some of these more Well, they're drawn as cartoons.
Speaker 3: They're they're you know, they're not realistic.
Speaker 2: I think of the when you walk into the elevator, although people don't think of it as an elevator, you walk into the room with no windows and no doors, and the rooms begins to stretch. There could be some pretty scary things that you see in there, but they're cartoons, and that takes away a lot of the fear. And I think a lot of people don't see it as as scary. That way, why they would think that they needed to pull back on some of those things. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: After the introduction from the ghost Home.
Speaker 1: The feelings we are a society that can't handle a make believe acts murdering bride were too pansy afide.
Speaker 2: Well, the other one is the dead body that's supposedly hanging from a wooden beam at the top of the room, and that if you can't find your way out, this manner of death is his preferred method of escaping the seemingly inescapable room. They've tried to remove some theming elements, they say, from their attractions because of the potential to offend people's sensibilities. Carrie Underwood's going to get I don't know, ahead of Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Speaker 3: Something he says hits.
Speaker 1: When the music won't play, Carrie Underwood grabs the mic and saves the day.
Speaker 2: I just saw a different camera angle of what happened this morning. Carrie Underwood is gonna get up and sing America is beautiful, and she's standing there looking great.
Speaker 3: Everybody's waiting. It's quiet. It's still quiet.
Speaker 2: They start to play a little music and then it stops, and then it's still quiet, and you can see the camera angle. There's a director somebody who comes into the shot and they're wearing a headset and they say, you can only see the back of his head. But he says something to her and she mouths the words I can just sing it right and then she says into the microphone, if you know the words, help me out here and oh, and then just goes right in.
Speaker 1: Incredible. It was such a chills moment. Okay, So over the weekend I was scrolling through social media. I found that one of my bestest friends of all time, Lindsey Burkette. I almost said Lindsay Ford because that was her name when I first met her five hundred years ago in Seattle, one of my favorite military families. The Burquettes were off to Washington, d C. Lindsay her husband Brandon, thank you for his service in the Navy, and they're five children. We're gonna go make the track for a weekend in DC to do all of the things, go to the inauguration. Lindsey, thanks for your time. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, Hey, First thing, have your husband tie that thing in a not you don't need more kids.
Speaker 3: Second thing, listen, we're on it.
Speaker 2: We're on it.
Speaker 4: There's no more.
Speaker 1: We have hitched.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, have you ever been to an inauguration? Why this one?
Speaker 3: And what's uh? You know, what what do you what does? What does your day look like?
Speaker 4: Well with we had decided early on, no matter either either side, we were going to go because we have an almost sixteen year old and for the next inauguration, he hopefully won't be living at home. So we kind of made the executive decision to take them all. And you know, we have lots of friends out here and we just thought this what better weekend to take them to their first trip to DC.
Speaker 1: And so you guys had tickets for the event and everything, but then all hell broke loose? So how what did you plan for? And what happened?
Speaker 4: Well, it was crazy. So they still were emailing and calling and saying, come pick up your tickets. We don't know what we're doing. So we went and picked up the tickets and they said, we'll be in touch, we'll let everybody know. And at that point they were still going to let everybody be at the mall and there was seating, and then they decided that the weather was really going to be detrimental to you know, all the officers and the security and the families. So then we were actually down there and they were taking all the fencing down and the chairs, and it was kind of crazy because then they basically were like, well, your sol unless you paid lots and lots and lots of money, you're not going to see anything. Go find a fun bar or a hotel and go watch it from there.
Speaker 1: So they didn't open up that arena or anything to the people who had gotten tickets for outside.
Speaker 4: I think that those were like all people who paid mass amounts of money, oh and for you know, like all the inner circles. We also had tickets to the rally, but at three am people were lining up, and by eleven the line for the to get into the rally, which is at the same arena which only holds about twenty thousand, it was six blocks long at eleven.
Speaker 1: O'clock and freezing and freezing.
Speaker 4: So we were like, you know what, we'll watch it on TV with some champagne and that it will be just as good.
Speaker 1: And then what was the vibe there? Are people? Are they going to like bars or restaurants or whatever? Is it all inauguration people? They flooded the town and were they mad flooded.
Speaker 4: You know, it's crazy. Everyone is more concerned about the President's safety and the weather, and everyone is still very happy. It is so crazy. It's like you're downtown with hundreds of thousands of your best friends. Everybody is hugging, everyone is cheering, every It's like every the energy is just crazy. It's you can't really describe it.
Speaker 1: That's why I asked you if it was like traveling for football, because that's what it's like when you go see your favorite team in another city and you have, all of a sudden, you have all these best friends you don't even know you have.
Speaker 4: The built in best friends. You're hugging strangers, you're taking pictures. You're like, you know, and we went to Arlington the day before yesterday, and that too is everyone's there to see all of this history being made.
Speaker 2: So well, I think that's listen, that's an incredible trip for you to gift to your family, especially your sixteen year old, the idea that this is it.
Speaker 3: And like you said, I mean, it didn't matter who won.
Speaker 2: You wanted to be there for the history of this thing because it, yes, it comes up every four years, but still very few people actually lay eyes on that. They don't, you know, they do like we do. We got to see it on twelve different.
Speaker 1: Those kids will remember this forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, I mean it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Outside of Arlington. Did you guys get to do the touristy stuff that's a little less less somber.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah. We went to the National Archives, We walked all around DC. We're actually heading back down right now just to go live it up with all the people and have some drinks and go show the kids the White House and you know, so I just think it's it's a special day.
Speaker 1: Well, good, thank you, Lindsey. Uh, safe travels back. I can't believe you took five kids on a plane across the country anywhere.
Speaker 4: Well can you believe that I sat in a row with five of them and my husband was by himself.
Speaker 1: He looked so peaceful. He looks so peaceful in that silence.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, thanks guys for Collinge.
Speaker 2: Well thanks and enjoy your time, Lindsay. And tell your husband will we greatly appreciate your time.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, thanks guys, you got by him all right.
Speaker 1: We will wrap it all up.
Speaker 3: Crazy stories about Lindsay that you want.
Speaker 1: To you have no idea. Listen, we were. I basically lived at her place when I lived in Seattle for a year. I actually picked She always says, I'm the best thing she ever picked up in a bar. I had moved to Seattle. I didn't know anyone to work at a radio station. I was living in Belltown. It was my first weekend in Seattle and I'm in bed. It's Friday night, It's about eight eight thirty, and I'm like, you know what, you are not going and this is in my head, like you are not going to feel comfortable here unless you meet friends. You've got to go meet friends. There was like a martini bar on the corner of like a block away from where I was living in my studio apartment. So I was like, I'm just going to go out. I'll get a drink, I'll sit at the bar, what have you. So I did that. I went out, sat there, and Lindsey and two of her friends came in and came to my area of the bar, and it was like we'd known each other forever and became great friends that that day and were inseparable my whole year there in Seattle.
Speaker 3: Story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she met her husband there at a bar so get navy she has she no, No, this was when we were like twenty four years old, so they've been together a long time. But she is taken care of five kids through countless deployments because he just runs those ships. The USS countless USS is a lot of uss's and she has been anchor for that. I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Forget it, navy anchor.
Speaker 1: I look at her her Instagram and I just get exhausted with the amount of stuff that she does.
Speaker 2: Well, it's cool. I'm glad that it's nice to meet her. John Cobelt Show is coming up next. You miss any part of our show always, you can go back and listen on to the podcast.
Speaker 3: It's supposed every day.
Speaker 2: Go to KFIAM six forty dot com, slash Gary and Shannon or anywhere that you listen to your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Just search for Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 1: John Cobelt Show coming up next. We'll see you, Manana. They drive everybody blessings.
Speaker 2: One thing for sure, the American people lost because that was horrific Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 1: Some high minded language. I'm just gonna say it like it is. That was a show.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to.
Speaker 2: The Gary Shannon Show You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app