Speaker 1: This is the world famous Ben and skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for rolling with us, Thanks for rocking with us today. I've Ben Rogers joined by Jeff skin Wade, Christina Cornbread Ray don't call her that though, and Kevin KT Turner you can call him that. What's up, guys, how y'all doing. I'm been everything good, everything's fantastic.
Speaker 2: How is it with you? What's been going on lately? On a Tuesday? Yep? Oh that that was good, Kevin, that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see the Cowboys hired a coach. They good, Yeah, shy, yep, Shody shot Hey shot Now they had shoddy already. Oh they got a new guy. They get Ibra Fluen. Oh they got Fluzy yeah, flucy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shoddy and fluzy ye.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys are catching a lot of grief for their press conference yesterday or whatever. Whenever they announced shoddy they said shoddy way too many times. But they're catching a lot of grief for being so incredibly out of touch and in part. One of the things that is going viral the most is that Stephen Jones used air quotes when he talked about the drought that the Cowboys have had from winning a championship quote unquote drought.
Speaker 2: But the thing you guys say that we're having. Yeah, he says they're not.
Speaker 1: Having a drought, but it was the last time they were in the NFC championship game was nineteen ninety six, I believe, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind he also uses air quotes when he says the word facts. You know, Oh, you almost did a Steven laugh. We did, and I did laugh and I didn't but I did and I will not know.
Speaker 2: But damn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how can you be that out of touch? But I I think to them being relevant and getting regular season wins is enough. And then as long as they keep having a ten billion dollar value, they're like, I don't understand why anybody thinks we're not successful. We're the most successful.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: We are success. How uh, how much do you think Steven is worth?
Speaker 2: About thousand? That's probably not a good guess.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know how much. How much is in the wheel? You know, you don't know these things. This is the whole succession thing. I think, like, I don't know what is in the will.
Speaker 2: I think you.
Speaker 1: Definitely this is going to sound dark but we have to go there. I think if you're in a wealthy family, what go ahead? No, you go ahead? No, No, what do you want, Kevin?
Speaker 2: You know you frustrate me sometimes. Go and then I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: I think, if you're wealthy, you definitely want Trump in the White House when your parents pass away.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: You do not want a dirty lib in the White House when your a wealthy parent passes away because of how hard the inheritance tax are. Yeah, you definitely want a guy in there going we're changing everything without rules. If if you're rich, you're good. Hey that's like Yellowstone, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So they inherited Yellowstone from Kostner after he passed. Oh they died and couldn't even pay the tax to inherit it. See that's because Dan Biden.
Speaker 2: Was in the way. They they had to just hand it off. Yeah. Now what was your sidebar Kevin?
Speaker 3: Before Jerry passes away, and hopefully that's ten years from here, I want him to live forever. But before Jerry passes away, you need to see the TV show Succession on HBO because I saw.
Speaker 2: Rupert Murdoch documentary one time I'm good. We've said it enough.
Speaker 3: Like how like, how very accurate it is, almost even though they're doing a whole different story, right. But there's a part at the end where they are trying to figure out he had written on some documents the name of one of the sons, and one of the kids is like, it's very clear that's dad's handwriting, it's my name, and they're going through it and the lawyers are like, we can't prove that your name. It could be your brother's name or your sisters, like, it's just not clear. You can see where the ink is faded.
Speaker 2: Do you know what this is?
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the Aretha Franklin story, maybe a little bit.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know?
Speaker 1: The deal were like she had another will stuffed into a couch.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know what's what does it mean? Uh?
Speaker 1: So her, you know, she has this fortune amassed and her kids were all fighting over who gets what, and there was all this conversation about, well, there is this will, but there's this other thing that Aretha stuffed on a couch and they had to pull in all these lawyers. I'm sure they got that plot line from because Arena passed.
Speaker 2: Before they're like trying to see, like who wants this?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, put this up for auction and it's really good and it's we don't know, Like the idea that Steven gets the team just because of his job. Now, I don't know if that's true, Like that could be crazy.
Speaker 1: No, it'll be divided up in a family trust Charlotte Jerry or Charlotte, where Stephen will own it and then Jerry Junior will be hired as a marketing exect. Okay, but if if God forbid, if he were to pass, you're saying, if it hadn't been handed down already, then it's just up to whatever the will severs say who's in charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Jean would go to Gene. Well, Gene will be running it. No, I knows.
Speaker 1: I don't want that to have for a long time because I love Jerry. I want to die before Jerry. And people have a hard time understanding this, So I don't understand. You like the way the Joneses run the team, like, no, but if you were to have a beer with Jerry, you love Jerry, you can separate those two things. I don't love the way I wish they just hired a real coach and a real GM, and if the GM and coach did a bad job, they went and got the best GM best coach, and if they did a bad job, they were fired and replaced by the next best GM. That's not how they do it. But in terms of I really like the Jones family. They're nice people, you know what I mean. I was talking so last night. You know, there's at the Maverick game. There's a lot of people that like sports. There's a lot of side conversations going on about the presser and people talking about it and stuff, and I said that exact thing. I was like, dude, I don't have anything personally against Jerry Jones. He's always been very likable and nice guy. I just hate everything about him that's associated with the football team I like. But the dude, to me is fine. I got no problems with the dude. I think he's an interesting guy. He's you know, he's a wild success story. And if he wants to run this thing into the ground and screw everybody over while telling them that they're just stewards of the French like that. My problem with Jerry is when he gets up on a podium and just he's been doing the same lives for thirty years, so it's just tiring. Like now, I find that part of it boring. But I think he's a nice guy and I admire his success. He's just ruined the football team that I like. But dude, it doesn't mean I dislike him as a person. And I do think they are genuinely surprised that people don't see them as successful because they know how much money they've made and they know the valuation is ten point one billion, and I don't know. I mean, they've made so much money on real estate and all these other ventures. I know, but do you know how how to touch you have to be with the mainstream world to have a press conference for naming rights, Like your fan base doesn't care, Like they don't care, Like they don't care that So and so sponsors the football team. They just don't care. They're like, but wait, what's our quarterback? What what's Deck's contract? So like that's a big deal to them. But they're wildly out of touch with what the fans want.
Speaker 2: That's not for the fans, that's for the advertiser.
Speaker 1: No, I think part of the that's why they're charging so much Hey, you name this and we're gonna put on a big press conference. Okay, but then they don't even get the name of the sponsor, right right, it's Block Coom like he did, Like he didn't even take the time to learn the name of the thing that gave him.
Speaker 3: I'm just not sure it would stick. I think we're at that point. And I'm not saying like in a morbid way. It's just we're eighty three now, We're not gonna get all the copy points, right, you know.
Speaker 2: That's what's why. That's what I think's going on. I'll say too about these guys right here.
Speaker 3: Though Jerry also created the NFL being this can't miss thing right before nineteen ninety four, no one really talked about the NFL like this, no where everyone stops their entire Sunday down. Yeah, and when he creates Sunday Ticket and all that in those TV deals, and I think he thinks like he should.
Speaker 2: Be getting some credit for that too.
Speaker 3: But that's why casual coalfis fans who like what I don't remember that because I am you know, especially cowviychans in their twenties.
Speaker 2: But all I've known is that we lose a lot. Ye, they don't lose a lot. They're a top ten winning team. But what you just said is why he's in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what the value he created for the NFL is the reason he's got a bust in Canton.
Speaker 2: He goes wild, though, because it got to be a football man. Yeah, practices in.
Speaker 1: Arkansas, he played. I heard him saying yesterday or was it yesterday a big press commerce. He was saying that he initially wanted to be a coach, and then he found out the coaches didn't make money, and he wanted to drive a bigger car, and he wanted to have an airplane, and so he's like, I couldn't be a coach. Yep, he goes, But now when I look at how much I'm paying these coaches, I probably should have been a coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, twif thing is is to get that money, he would have had to have been a good.
Speaker 2: Just high himself. Dude, who cares. I don't care anymore. I think it'd be fun if you coach.
Speaker 1: It's not changing, which is kind of why it would be fun if it was it was a marketing pick, like if it was Dion, if it was something that was just going to be fun and wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's never gonna be any dion. Even Shador was like he was never leaving Colorado. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Chador was talking to the media at the Shrine game this weekend, which tickets.
Speaker 1: For where's the latest mock draft? Sticking him Raiders at six QB two looks like we'll say that I could say him going number one. Well, it reminds me of the story that I know about not playing the intro.
Speaker 2: Oh does.
Speaker 3: Your time?
Speaker 1: Boys?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: You're right right, right, right right, It's time to do one or.
Speaker 2: Time with with efan with I show you're going ruling ahead, except with Simper Sweet pursuing it. Hanld out Shaw Shank through the sewer, Kid now what chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 1: Got a habit for my house?
Speaker 2: A go status, how it'd starting to get craddic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit to then zone out, preak it up beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I'm wan hang out with the friend rocking on the radio, my home on boys talking on the radio. It's time to do this falls.
Speaker 2: All by here we go at Christine up all on the radio.
Speaker 1: All right, two awesome shows that I've watched recently have to do with underground silos in the future. One was Silo on Apple and one was Fallout that Christina recommended, and they're they're both, you know, they're wildly different from one another, but they're both based on the idea that we end up ruining the earth, and so instead of Mars being the place everyone escapes to, it's underground where they escape to. And I've heard people talking about this. You know, you hear conspiracy theories talking about their due elons building underground cities in Vegas or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You know, you hear stuff like that all the time.
Speaker 1: But do you guys believe that there are super wealthy people that are building underground places to live in the event that we ruin or do not.
Speaker 2: You don't think the NSA already has that place? No, I do.
Speaker 3: I think super wealthy people can't help themselves and talk they would have told us by now because they can't stop it.
Speaker 1: Think I think it's I think the NSA does have compounds. I mean, huh, explain National Sex Association national security for if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they already have those now.
Speaker 1: The the conspiracy about the Denver airport.
Speaker 2: Uh not just a haunted airport.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: That's not what the conspiracy is.
Speaker 1: And that's why there's that wild horse statue that killed that guy is because that's there's like a whole underground compound there and that's why it's built way out away from the city.
Speaker 2: Read the thing. We talked about it in the time. It's an interesting story. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you believe there's things like that already set up? Are they set up on massive scale? Because like Silo is what you have?
Speaker 2: You watched it. I just finished it the other night.
Speaker 1: Both seasons are just the first one, both seasons like two hundred stories tall or deep.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, something insane like that. And I mean it seems like it could actually happen. I don't want it to, but.
Speaker 3: Man, that seems two hundred stories underneath the ground going.
Speaker 1: You really don't think there's underground bunkers for high ranking officials?
Speaker 3: No, no, I believe that, but enough to carry millions of people.
Speaker 2: Not everybody, dude, that's the thing. How do you get into the Silo? I wouldn't want to. I'm good. You want to get apocalypse first? Zombie. I see have at it. You're going to try to live this life. I'm good. You're just gonna lay down, open your legs and if you see the silo, it doesn't look too bad, does it look? Just the people that you're stuck with. Yeah, oh that's the world.
Speaker 1: Now, you're like, I want to hang with Rashida Jones And she left in the first episode.
Speaker 2: She did all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, speaking of TV shows, Speaking of Hollywood, let's do the Hollywood Shuffle.
Speaker 2: Where you're gonna take is Kevin Man.
Speaker 3: I saw something last night and it's gonna blow your nuts off. And it also is a promotion to something happening this Thursday night. I'll tell you more next.
Speaker 2: Oh okay,