Speaker 1: They did make an arrest in the Highlands shooting. They did thirty seven year old guy.
Speaker 2: It's got some guy.
Speaker 1: They they're gonna charge him with the first murder, and then there's a second guy.
Speaker 2: They're not sure.
Speaker 3: Let's hope, uh, let's hope he doesn't get judged, Julie Caitlin because.
Speaker 1: He'll be out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: He'll be out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He might have to do six months. Come on, let's be fair.
Speaker 4: So let's be five dollars out.
Speaker 2: Attempted murder got five months, so you figure actual murder maybe six.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have a list.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, let's get some music for it. Here a little frank frank something stupid. This is a Reddit list. People were asked, what are the dumbest things you've heard people say that they were dead serious about, Yes, this song, and.
Speaker 3: Then I go on and say something stupid like they'll go and ruin it all by saying something stupid like I love you, as go and ruin it.
Speaker 4: All like something stupid like I love you.
Speaker 3: It reminds me sometimes when you're throws a passion, you could say things that you regret instantly.
Speaker 4: I love you?
Speaker 3: What all right?
Speaker 1: Most of these things were heard on this show.
Speaker 2: Quite possibly tell us things they've heard people say they were serious about. COVID isn't real. Damn it. I worked in a hospital during COVID. Do not tell me it's not real.
Speaker 3: The best way to protect your show from COVID is to get vaccinated, to wear a mask and sit at home on your ass for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Thank you, And to wear your mask in your car by yourself. And we've all had.
Speaker 1: It probably five or six times in the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: I actually like people to wear their mask in their cars because it helps me identify someone I will not let out and try well, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't judge any of those people because you don't know if they have cancer or they have others, if they's are sick or they have.
Speaker 3: One know, if you're the only person in your.
Speaker 1: Car, maybe you're driving someone else's car.
Speaker 4: I do not sound like that. Do it again, then do it again?
Speaker 3: Not cool?
Speaker 2: Do it again? Cool, You're fine, You're fine.
Speaker 3: George Paul Smith. The musicians coming in third. Now, I got this big red hair.
Speaker 2: It's okay, George Paul Smith.
Speaker 4: George Paul Smith.
Speaker 2: Which one was Ringo not available?
Speaker 4: Which one? George Paul Ringo Smith, George Paul Smith.
Speaker 2: Dumbas things people have said, Uh, snakes aren't animals, they're lizards. I hate snakes.
Speaker 4: I don't like I really have all.
Speaker 3: The things for you to hate snakes.
Speaker 2: I know the irony.
Speaker 1: Okay, so who what do they drive the snakes out of Ireland? Where they bring the No?
Speaker 4: Was it a was it?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 4: Pie piper? The pie piper?
Speaker 3: Piper piccolo? It was Who's what was a cat? Wait a minute, stop, shut up, it's St Patrick?
Speaker 2: Shut up in this house.
Speaker 3: Yeah. St. Patrick? Right, he drove all the snake out of Ireland? Right?
Speaker 2: Oh, maybe I think so.
Speaker 3: And then he said, shivering to be timbers, blue diamonds and yellow moons, and.
Speaker 1: That's the breakfast cereal guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you might be right, Lucky shotterms remembers, Oh no, that was Pepper's farm. My aunt, who was pushing forty, wondered out loud if she needed to worry about prostate cancer since her grandfather had.
Speaker 1: I would say, if I was there, some family member, go absolutely sure, I'm gonna get you an appointment.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Uh. Dumbest things people have said. Okay, well, if the earth is round, how come the Australians don't fall off of it? Then she looked at me with a sufficient smirk, like she just debunked centuries of sign.
Speaker 1: There are normal people that are flat earthers. I mean, it is crazy, It is crazy. We have pictures, Yeah, they are all kinds of them that we you can Yeah, what's on the other side, then, dude, I know what's on the underneath the upside down.
Speaker 3: Just fall, just fall off the face of the earth.
Speaker 4: So Australians aren't real.
Speaker 3: Funny man.
Speaker 2: A guy I used to know when we were teenagers, he once told me he knew someone that could run a mile in a minute. When I called bs, he said, how would you know? So, I said, he'd have to run at sixty miles an hours. How'd you know that? I said, Well, if you run a mile and a minute, that means sixty miles and sixty minutes, therefore sixty miles per hour. He then said, that's not how it works.
Speaker 1: They talk about the chasing the squirrel here, Yeah, they talk about it took forever to break the four minute mile, right, but after it was broken, it was broken like a hundred times. In the next couple of months, or year or whatever. I was broken, so.
Speaker 3: I tell you like a three something.
Speaker 4: No, The fact is.
Speaker 1: It was a mental barrier that once people knew you could break it, like everybody broke it.
Speaker 2: Like everybody was breaking it.
Speaker 1: So it was it was a mental thing with humans saying you can't run a four minute mile. But once the first guy did it, everyone did it. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow, dumbest things people have heard. Other people say.
Speaker 3: Yes, let me guess they were from Kenya.
Speaker 4: No, yes, it's a British dude, I think. Wow.
Speaker 2: I work at my husband's auto repair shop. After discussing next steps with a customer, I told him, by the way your fuel lights on? They said, how do we fix that? These people vote? Yeah, no, damn right. I used to work at a big concrete dam. I've been asked three times is that man made? Oh boy, I can't be true.
Speaker 4: Three times, can't be true? Is that man?
Speaker 2: Is that a man made?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 4: I guess Beaver's could have known. I get that. Is that a man made lake? I get that. I get that question.
Speaker 2: Not a man made damn big lick lick.
Speaker 4: Big big lake.
Speaker 2: An old x of mine when I confronted him about his clashing outfit. He told me he doesn't know because he's not a fascist. I asked him what he might have said, you know someone who's into fashion.
Speaker 4: Duh, fascist, I love that one.
Speaker 2: A fascist denista.
Speaker 1: That sounds like something that stupid Ben Steller character would say exactly.
Speaker 2: Someone asked me what's the difference between a fresh and a frozen turkey?
Speaker 4: By the way, I fell my meat yesterday.
Speaker 5: Oh you know, I was thinking about meat loaf the last night. Yeah, because those dances sound good. The news story was doing those meat with the whatever sauce on it and pickle and with pickle. But on the little side that.
Speaker 1: I went to, I can't tell you where I went to, Okay, because I'm loyal to place, and so I went to.
Speaker 2: I went and got it.
Speaker 4: And it was what's it was good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the place on Little two doesn't have it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Oh. They over at not too far from our old office. Kaylin's has pretty good meat loaf, really brown gravy on mashed potatoes, green beans. You had two big pieces of it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I lived off out the south end. There was like a little gas station and they had plate lunches every do those are the best the plate, and they would have always got the meat loaf with the macaroi and cheese, mashed potatoes in a roll.
Speaker 1: She goes, there's two different little things of it, and she goes, do you want the turkey or the beef?
Speaker 4: And I was like, what turkey?
Speaker 6: Low?
Speaker 4: Communists talk about?
Speaker 1: Some sort of communists, they got some kind of fascist, You mean some kind of fastest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what kind of a turkey meat loaf?
Speaker 4: If you give me the damn beef? Who's extra beetles cuts?
Speaker 3: You're blacking weirdo.
Speaker 2: I guess some somebody allergic to strawberries? Strawberry A kai?
Speaker 4: Is that? Is that? I say?
Speaker 2: The acai berry a c ai? I don't know, so how was I supposed to know that had strawberries in it?
Speaker 4: It's called strawberry.
Speaker 2: My girlfriend once asked me why I believed in reindeer. She thought they were magical creatures like unicorns. They are the ones that fly, are mag fly or magical?
Speaker 1: The other ones live in Alaska, everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 3: Really, that's what the media wants can that's what big media wants you to believe.
Speaker 1: And they look exactly like the Coca Cola Santa.
Speaker 2: Dude one more dumbas things people have heard other people say. A coworker, a morbidly obese guy, said he didn't need to do cardio because he drank coffee and energy drink because those things make his heart beat faster, and that's how cardio is. Anyway, I remember one.
Speaker 1: Time my wife, Luckily he won't be around there anything more stupid.
Speaker 3: One time about my mother told my girlfriend that I was morbidly obet she did. She goes, because you didn't seen me in a while, you know, And she goes, oh, so I saw her somewhere. We went made me and my girlfriend I love you mom. Me and my girlfriend when we saw my mother, so where it been the first time in a long time. And we left. And that night a girlfriend at the time looked at me and goes, yeah, your mom pulled me to the side, say you look horrible. You look morbidly ob.
Speaker 4: Wait to sell me mom.
Speaker 3: All right, hey, listen, if you support women's right to bear their chest, and I do, or maybe you're just a fan of exposed boobies that's a medical term.
Speaker 4: Booby.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Boston's Place to be tomorrow between one and three, the March for Topless equality. It's going to take over Boston Common with protesters starting the embrace Who's protesting? Women and men both alike who want equality. All genders are encouraged to show up and march topless tomorrow in Boston.
Speaker 2: I mean there's only one gender that has boobies, right, I just see one journey.
Speaker 1: We all have nipples because we're all female. Until we get the X chromosomes.
Speaker 7: Have spectacular.
Speaker 3: David Beckham with.
Speaker 4: Or is the why?
Speaker 1: Is it the X of the Y? Which one do?
Speaker 4: What makes his voice?
Speaker 3: It's the both, it's the Z.
Speaker 4: It's it's the Z.
Speaker 3: He said, look at a.
Speaker 1: David's got me the why because it's a little Dan, give me the.
Speaker 4: Why has gotta be because it looks like a.
Speaker 3: That is not how you spell why silent.
Speaker 4: I didn't lady walk by.
Speaker 2: Lady walk was like, it's upside down, so it doesn't count.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the whole. Okay, no, we stopped.
Speaker 2: Stop man, Hey what stop?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Listen, yeah, collaborate and listen. I understand because guys are showing their nipples and women are like, I want to show mine. But here's the deal. Confession. Yeah, I love boobs, do you love boobs, Yeah, do you like boobs a lot?
Speaker 2: I do like boobs a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the deal. If you change that rule and you start flinging around all the time, they won't mean anything. It won't be special anymore, and you'll just and and the specialty that we have of the distraction from our normal day of Yes, a girl's boobs sometimes distract us from the crappy life that we live. So if you want to take that from all of us men, fine, in some women, if that's what you want to do, fine.
Speaker 4: Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't cover them up so it makes it a little bit more mysterious, so we all continue to love boobs.
Speaker 3: I'll take my chances if I can see boobies. I bet you will. I will take my chance if you won't.
Speaker 4: Ruin my fun.
Speaker 3: Dammit, it doesn't do anything if you order of France or somewhere across the French Land. If you go to French Land, yeah, yeah, and you're watching TV in French Land and they say something, we'll be right back. Here comes the commercial. It'll be boobs walking around everywhere, and boobs doing this, and boobs on the table, and then all of a sudden, it'll say uh uh jattatus fetoi toothpaste.
Speaker 2: This is like Tony saying you don't want to win one hundred million dollars because money doesn't buy happiness.
Speaker 1: Look how many people are saying. But here's the other thing. You want to get into your deloreon and go back in time. Yeah, it's gonna be twenty when this rule is passed. You're fifty six. You don't want a bunch of fifty six year old women walking around here with no tops on.
Speaker 3: I don't mind. Okay, there's no such thing as a bad boob my friend, all right, I don't care if it's below their bell button range at all. I'm serious.
Speaker 4: Hey, State faari zhion State.
Speaker 3: That's right. Hey, by the way, State Fair going going on.
Speaker 4: To thank you for Welcome to the.
Speaker 3: New streaming service set to launch. And I'm kind of excited about this because I love dopey, sappy things. It's Hallmark. Plus I'm in there like swimwear, baby, are you kidding me? Stupid movies where I don't care if it's a Christmas movie or just a regular movie at all. It's an executive that's driving across the country in Christmas Town, there's a step Kid or something. Step Kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always a happy ending.
Speaker 3: Yea, you got to be kidding me. You mean the service station is closed until my right right?
Speaker 1: And look, there's nothing better when the in the cold winter days, when on a Sunday you've gone to church your back and it's snowing, or it's rainy and it's cold, you don't want to go out. You pop one of those movies on. You feel good to start the week with.
Speaker 3: Well, what I'm saying, that's one of the ways.
Speaker 1: You see inno, these Hallmark girls showing their boobs.
Speaker 2: Yet maybe that's what the plus means.
Speaker 3: We actually had. Maybe we actually.
Speaker 2: Have Hallmark Plus boobies.
Speaker 3: Sappy Christmas movie day, Susan and I do where we turn on Hallmark movies, mostly because you know she's watching it. I go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about you in bed last night. Oh oh, we were watching The Bear and you were right. We are back now we are paying for these show I'm paying for Hulu and I'm watching The Bear, which is a show that's been out for like years, like five years or something.
Speaker 2: What's it about.
Speaker 4: It's about a guy?
Speaker 3: God, you said you're watching the show, and the show's name was The Bear, And then Dave said, what's it about?
Speaker 4: Is it about a bear?
Speaker 1: No, it's about a It's about a chef. It's about a guy. His brother kills him himself and they have this family amazing. Yeah, absolutely so they so they they he comes home but becoming this he's a New York famous chef. He comes home to run the crappy beef sandwich places in Chicago, in a crappy part of Chicago. So he shows up. So that's the premise of the movie. But here's the show. The series sky like three or four seasons. But here I am, We're what we pay for Hulu, and here we are every seven minutes, commercials, every seven minutes, three commercials everything. You're back back to network television.
Speaker 2: Full circle, Bair, and they're going episode by episode again, just like Network Television US.
Speaker 3: If you want Hallmark Plus, look for launch around September tenth. The service will cost eight dollars a month or eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: What does it add that Hallmark doesn't have.
Speaker 3: You're going to get access to e cards and surprising gifts. Plus you'll get regular shows, an unscripted series like celebrations with Lacey and the Chicken Sisters.
Speaker 2: Name Lacy and the Chicken Sister, the Chicken Sisters.
Speaker 1: We should start a business and and we have. We basically through the holidays, hire a Hallmark male character and they'll spend the holidays with you and your family will think that you've met the holiday Hallmark guy.
Speaker 3: So super good, super good looking guy.
Speaker 4: That would be him.
Speaker 1: That would be him. He would be the guy who was in here last segment. I mean he bo date Dwight was just falling all over him. I was just like, dude, what was his name? This actually applies. I know you know who he's. You know, he's really good friends with Dick Mitch Whitten.
Speaker 3: Running All Guyer Air.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sir, call Old Guyer two for four.
Speaker 3: Two four nine.
Speaker 4: Nat is Old guy Er Air. Call al Geyer.
Speaker 1: If you have any issues with your HVAC and or plumbing, they will take care of your locally owned, family owned forever. The last name is Algar, so you they'll take care of your Call Olgier two four four ninety nine or Louisville Air dot com. Coming back. We couple couple of seconds. We'll do a little really in the year yes, I had you yesterday, but I did not.
Speaker 4: Do you feel fat?
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: You sit down and you kind of look at your stomach, or if you're on the toilet and you kind of look down and go what is this and there's like that extra thing of fat and you're like, what is this?
Speaker 4: Do something about it?
Speaker 1: Weight Loss Centers of Louisville nine oh six seventy one oh five. Does she call it now? And you just say, Tony just said I need to do something about it. So I'm gonna do something about it.
Speaker 4: Tony, call me fat?
Speaker 1: I know they call themselves fat. I said, are you fat?
Speaker 2: Do something about it?
Speaker 1: So when you call nine o six seventy one oh five right now, said Tony of a nine in the radio, just said, I'm supposed to do something about it because I'm fat, and they'll take care of from there. I'm not going to give you more advice.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Call the damn number or go to fat Lost Kentucky dot com and see what some of the stuff they do. That's if you want to do your homework. Hey, Courdy, don't.
Speaker 7: Know Hello, I'm ready for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is uh, we go into this would make two weeks in a row.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I love on eighties.
Speaker 4: We're not good at the eighties.
Speaker 7: No, we're not good.
Speaker 1: We're not good, and we're not We're better at the other years. We narrowed down the sixties yesterday. We squeezed that in and we we use our intellectual uh deductive.
Speaker 7: I said, let's pick the one in the middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. That's it, that's how we do it.
Speaker 8: That's a lot going on.
Speaker 7: They come under the middle and there we go. I have no idea about that, David.
Speaker 2: Yes, give it to us that these were all twenty top twenty hits somewhere back in the day. Let's start it off with a little slow dance, little rod.
Speaker 7: Have I told you lately?
Speaker 1: Oh was so good? You ever seen a concert?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: He used to come out kicking soccer balls. They had to stop it because he got old. Somebody got hit in the face or something.
Speaker 1: Now he looks like somebody's aunt.
Speaker 3: This was a song written as a love letter to God. Did you know that? Oh?
Speaker 4: I was this days old?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so then it's a love letter that you wrote to me.
Speaker 1: Right, I think of this differently now it's a love letter loaded now, yeah, son, it's cool. By the way, did you get to church yesterday on your day obligation?
Speaker 4: Sweet cheeks?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: I did. I actually did not because I.
Speaker 2: Finished myrin such a good message.
Speaker 1: She was all Mary the Mother kind of like you. I mean, you're not like Mary.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 3: Mary Magen.
Speaker 1: Well, Jackie and I went for you. We said a prayer for you.
Speaker 4: Good good father.
Speaker 1: Wayne did a great job. All right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: That's the way love goes. Janet Jackson also in the top twenty.
Speaker 7: So we're in the nineties.
Speaker 3: It's in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the way.
Speaker 4: Is it skinny or fat? Janet Jackson?
Speaker 7: Skinny?
Speaker 1: She got fat, she got chunkyes. She was chunky on the TV show like a voluption. Chunky on the TV show was good times, and then she got skinny and then we all know what happened on the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Ghost.
Speaker 7: This is actually one of her better songs.
Speaker 1: Right next song, Okay, I don't recognized the song for What's Up?
Speaker 4: Four non blinds? Oh God, I hate this.
Speaker 3: Is ninety two or three? I said it's ninety three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ninety three, maybe ninety two.
Speaker 8: This is actually a song that my family sings at all this earlier this May.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing them at Lilith Fair and they crushed.
Speaker 1: It, crushed one.
Speaker 4: Here we go. God, I hate it normally. Oh I can't.
Speaker 7: Script the top of my lungs.
Speaker 4: What God, I hate it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, best sid, The best part was coming up, No stop, David, come.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeay, Hey, Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 1: The reason probably a reason I hate this song to you also is karaoke was big when I was twenty, and everyone would sing the song at karaoke and I go, God, not again.
Speaker 3: I wish they would do a dance club remix and instead of saying what's going on, they would cut to the budwowser go go what.
Speaker 7: What I like about?
Speaker 8: What I like about that song is that is my when my family sings at every single wedding, Like, we always play that and we always sing it as a group.
Speaker 7: So yeah, we scared the fan.
Speaker 2: No, this is not souls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the soul song.
Speaker 1: I played this song, I played, I played Runaway Trains, a great song. This is a great song.
Speaker 7: It's just a sad song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. It's what the nineties were about.
Speaker 4: Lady geez, where.
Speaker 7: Were you we're going ninety three.
Speaker 3: This this song like ninety three is strong. This song makes me long for four none blaunch.
Speaker 4: I like this song.
Speaker 1: Okay, I listened to song Rollerblade.
Speaker 3: I got through the stick in front of you.
Speaker 4: You know, I know I never one of those stupid rollerblades.
Speaker 3: I did, my god, I know you did all right.
Speaker 1: Next song, Oh dude, this is a terrible Okay, you're the man who God.
Speaker 2: It's ninety three. They're obviously from Tulsa.
Speaker 4: This is a song Tulsa, Scotland.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It's a fun song.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 3: I would like to see him collaborate with Blond.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of Michael Myers and I married an next miles and.
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: Should I have them and ford On Blonde collaborate on something?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, I ninety two or ninety three. I'm not locked in at ninety three. This is ninety two or ninety three.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty I'm still going ninety three.
Speaker 2: The number one song August the sixteen, Back in the day, you be forty, I'd be fifty seven.
Speaker 4: David Nice from the Left. Everyone covered this song.
Speaker 3: It's two or three.
Speaker 1: Willie Nelson was best besides Elvis obviously. Oh Willy has a new song out. It's pretty pretty brutal, is it. Yeah, Place ninety eight and stoned.
Speaker 3: It's ninety two or three.
Speaker 1: It's ninety two or ninety three.
Speaker 3: Bro Cordy dune Ho, you take back the ninety three. We haven't got one song, have we?
Speaker 4: This is it? Okay?
Speaker 3: Markets in ninety ninety.
Speaker 1: Three, Courtney sweetness, Dunna Hoe, She's not a duna.
Speaker 4: She's done it.
Speaker 2: She's a Donahoe.
Speaker 4: Is gonna say nineteen ninety three, Yes, you b forty.
Speaker 2: I can't help falling in love with you was number one August the sixteenth.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, you scare me there for.
Speaker 4: A second again.
Speaker 7: Damn I want to go back to four nons.
Speaker 1: No, do the Hog report.
Speaker 7: Hogs today?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, the markets are lower the rally that we saw this week stalling out a bit. Stocks have been fluctuating between like and losses.
Speaker 7: The del falling, the del falling.
Speaker 8: Seventy nine boys, he has five hundred little change concerns about the closing market. Home construction fell in July to the lowest level since with the news Radio eight forty wh s Bloomberg Money Report.
Speaker 7: I'm Courtney donahoe.
Speaker 4: Motion, Come on, Courtney.
Speaker 7: We'll buying in bed and.
Speaker 8: It's in my hena And are you feeling a little peculiar?
Speaker 7: I can't believe in making me sing this. Hanna step outside and take a deep.
Speaker 6: Breath and I get real high and I scream from top of my lungs.
Speaker 7: What's going on? All right? Bring it for my boy?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey, hey yeah.
Speaker 7: I said, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 6: And I said hi, yeah, yeah, Hi, yay, Yeah, I said, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. New music, George Paul.
Speaker 2: Picking up what you're dripping?
Speaker 3: Man, Listen you can find good great listen to man, Man.
Speaker 2: Damn dude, that's good stuff.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Little stp in there, Yes, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's really good stuff. That's the dirty. That's a new single from George Paul Smith. I look for a new EP out by the end of the year. That's wasted time, available on all platforms. Hey, okay, George, how you doing man, Good to see you.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 3: It's a I love the new single and that's why I asked n because it's spectacular and people think that rock like that, it's dead it's not you got to dig around and find it. But I want to talk. It's a miracle that you were able to record this or even walk in here, because in twenty twelve you have this massive stroke and you lose all control of the movement on the entire left side of your body. Did you think that's it? Man? I could never perform anymore.
Speaker 9: Man, it was crazy. And when that happened. I remember all of my friends from you know, some from Trinity, just Phoenix Hill people and bartenders and stuff. I mean it was crazy when I was in the hospital and you know, I couldn't really talk, so the wife was very happy.
Speaker 4: How did it happen? Hang on, back up? How did it happen? How old were you?
Speaker 1: Forty three? And then what was what led up to?
Speaker 4: Do you know what was happening? Man?
Speaker 9: I'm a Greek guy and lots of people from the Mediterranean have this really weird thick blood.
Speaker 3: I mean I had no idea, right, you know.
Speaker 9: I mean when when my father and my grandfather passed away, I didn't investigate, you know, the blood clotting thing. But I had just played I think we were out of town. But I played two shows with the big rock show, which was a band yea, yeah, oh man, God rest his soul. He was a beautiful, beautiful absolutely, And so John Hoffman was playing guitar for them, and he was in Vegas doing rock star things, and so.
Speaker 3: I filled in for him.
Speaker 9: And that Saturday night was totally totally.
Speaker 4: Normal, right.
Speaker 9: And Sunday, the day after, I men I was hungover and moving super super slow, but there was no warning or anything. I was in a studio discussing writing songs for this awesome performer who lives in Asville now. Her name is Paige Allen. She kind of lives in half Nashville, half Louisville. And she was really young at the time. I mean I think maybe she was twelve or thirteen. And we were discussing plans for recording this few songs with her, and I said, excuse me, I'll be right back, and I left the studio and I just leaned against the wall, and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground.
Speaker 3: Wow out.
Speaker 9: I didn't know anything about.
Speaker 3: How many years? Did this affects you for years too?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, he's yes, ten years ago or no, no, But I.
Speaker 3: Mean, but but you lost movement on your left side bought four years, right, I mean it took a while to get back one.
Speaker 9: I mean it took a while to get it back. But if I'm playing eruption or something by Van Halen, you're gonna tell a difference from the old Paul. The old Paul could pull that kind of stuff off a little easier.
Speaker 3: So that's question.
Speaker 2: You were probably a little tougher on yourself than everyone else.
Speaker 3: I bet, yeah, sure for sure.
Speaker 9: But I mean I'm a little slower, you know, like if we were if we were.
Speaker 3: If we were.
Speaker 9: Running or something. You know, my gate's not weird or anything, right, Man, when you're in the hospital, all I was thinking about was, you know, my family and my dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And man, I'll tell you when when Jennifer, my wife, brought one of our dogs in to see me, the little guy.
Speaker 3: Maybe put his pall on me. You know. Let me ask you this, for lack of better term, you have a near death experience, which way do you go? Are you more conservative about things you do? Or are you thinking, well, I cheated death, so I might as well go even wilder.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately the seconds oh really yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 9: Well should respect it a little more but you know, I've had motorcycles for a long time, and I think I started just to rehab my left hand. I started trying to wrench more and.
Speaker 4: Do all that.
Speaker 1: I think about. I think back, this sounds like twelve thirteen years ago. I think we're more aware of the symptoms because I had friends, like we're fifty five. We do this topic on the radio all the time.
Speaker 4: Of signs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I had a buddy he's coached football with. He did that.
Speaker 1: He knew he was having it, never had one before in his life, but he knew because we had gone over the symptoms so many times. He pulled his car over and he had it in the car. But if he doesn't recognize the.
Speaker 4: Arm, the I can't hang on.
Speaker 2: I can't say anything.
Speaker 1: He doesn't pull his car over, that car goes wherever it's gonna go, and who knows how that thing ends up.
Speaker 4: But what are we doing Saturday?
Speaker 3: Well, we're just here to sorry.
Speaker 4: I thought we were gonna do with that. No.
Speaker 3: I hear this single and I reached out to George Paul Smith. I said, love the new single.
Speaker 4: It really is good.
Speaker 3: And I got to tell you so I wanted John wanted to play a little bit. You can get this on all music platforms, right.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. The genius of Joe Shirick shines really in that song. I mean, he is brilliant and you know his band Ultratone puts out consistent, beautiful music and as a producer, it's such a guy that I seek to work with really pretty much forever, as long as they'll have me.
Speaker 4: You know, he's great.
Speaker 3: Find George Paul Smith on all of the streaming platforms and name it. The song we're gonna go out with is wasted Time, brilliant song, sounds great. Just hey, you look great, you look great hair.
Speaker 4: Look He's like Zeus.
Speaker 3: Look for a new EP by the end of the year as well. George Paul Smith. Great new song.
Speaker 4: How do they get how they find it?
Speaker 9: Just Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, George Paul Smith.
Speaker 2: Wasted years, wasted time.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, wasted time.
Speaker 4: Your life is wasted years.
Speaker 3: Well, I was thinking about our maiden wasted time.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'll take the maiden comparison.