Speaker 1: Sixty nine sixty nine with with ehing with I show, you're gone ruling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sim me pursuing it. Hold out shaw shank through the sewer, dude, Now what chilling that day?
Speaker 3: Eagle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 5: Got a habit for my house, a gop status, Howard starting kidting Craddit shows that Enuff multiplied like a rabbit to tune in.
Speaker 2: So out creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 6: I want nothing out with my friend Rocket on the radio.
Speaker 3: Boys talking on the radio. It's time sixty tune and funking all the we go. Katy Christine up.
Speaker 7: All on the radio.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. And if you're hearing my voice, that means Ben isn't here today. Now we do have tizzle kt fun tweets Hi kt Hi, we do have the bake arm Red Christina over there.
Speaker 2: Hell, how was your Sunday? Oh man?
Speaker 9: Uh so my whole weekend I was basically hungover at it was the worst, really drink any more than normal.
Speaker 2: I was just completely out of it.
Speaker 9: Uh So yesterday was fantastic, I mean again, was fighting a hangover.
Speaker 2: But we had the Save the Cicada last night.
Speaker 9: Out in fort Worth, out in Fort Worth, and I have to give a big shout out real quick to our very loyal listeners. You guys know them, Daniel, Mikey, p roth Iel, even Tommy. They all showed up even though there was severe weather on the way, you know.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 9: And then when we got to the Cicada wasn't aware of this, there was no ac Oh. I don't know if you guys know how hot it was yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was hot. We need to save this. I don't even want to be around anymore, dude, it was. It was miserable.
Speaker 9: And those guys stayed before our set, after our set, and it's just it's really really cool of them to do that.
Speaker 2: So I love to hear that. Yeah, she did do these Save the Cicadas air Conditioning System show yesterday. It's over in a fun part of town though.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: I am so down with the near.
Speaker 8: South side area of Fort Worth. Yeah, love that area. Tizzle Ben's not here today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you know that? Coming into today? I knew that. How did you know I have an email account?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You just want to hear what Ben sounds like.
Speaker 5: Y Greetings fellow Been and Skin show hosts and listeners on ninety seven to one The Eagle, this is Ben Rogers reporting live, well not actually live from my house. There's a tiny dog howling in the background. I'm not sure you can hear that. Probably heard that one. I am under the weather, so I will not be doing the show today on this Monday. My voice right now sounds like John Coffee in the Big Green Mile. Shout out to Michael Clark Duncan that this might be my new me. I'm like that Kennedy health. Dude, don't eat that. You should not eat that. You know where those tomatoes were grown? That's me now. So I'm probably going to go shoot and eat a unicorn then leave its corpse in a small forest. I can't remember the details anyways, just wanted to wish you all the very best. Thanks for listening. Godspeed to my boy said to buy how Wow.
Speaker 8: Okay, you're gonna send that to Christina because there's so many things in there she's gonna want forever.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a bond villain man that has so been to not be on the air and just do a political joke. And then run and hide from it. Make sure to tune in today at three forty four.
Speaker 5: By the way, probably heard that one.
Speaker 9: Well, the little dog is proof that he didn't put any effect on it, you know, because it kind of sounds like there's an effect.
Speaker 2: But the dog is proof that there's no proves that it's real. There's a really, there's a lot of I just realized there's a really. There's a lot of good jokes here, a lot of good jobs. Hold on, hold on, there's gonna be a lot of good drops. Hold on, hold on everyone. Wait ready, yep. Probably heard that one that was fast work, impressive. I'm gonna need you next time to have the fart then the dog howl then though, you probably heard that one. Oh sorry next time.
Speaker 8: So anyways, but Ben was fighting, you know, he sounded kind of funky on Friday. Yeah he did, but you know, he seemed to be upbeat and chipper, so I didn't think anything about it. And then I talked to him Saturday and he was like, man, I'm a little on to the weather, but I should be fine. And then I talked to him yesterday and it was pretty clear he was getting worse. Well, we thought we might see him today. Yeah, and now evidence exhibit a no Ben, So there you go.
Speaker 2: I think this text message he said, it sounded like Larry King swallowed a buicky.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's very strange.
Speaker 8: But anyways, we do have lots of fun stuff to get to today. I did have the terrifying thing happen. This is more of a Ben kind of thing, but it happened to me driving in. I was actually talking to Ben and the dude in the I was on the far right lane of the toll way headed southbound, had just passed you know whatever that is Keller Area, and a guy in the far left lane, I just saw this like explosion, mini explosion. And I don't know if he was on his phone and just swerved into the rails. Yeah, and then that caused his tire to explode, or if his tire exploded. First it looked to me like he hit the first and then it exploded, but I don't know. Then he has to get all the way over four lanes, so I see it. So I'm slowing down, but man, I'm looking at cars behind me coming in at eighty and I'm like, man, they're gonna crash into my ass because he's got to get all the way over to the right, and most of good chunks of the toll way there's no room.
Speaker 2: There's no room. He found one little small space of service road. He got so lucky, damn so lucky.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys remember the time that my I ran out of gas, Yes, and on the toll way, and you just it's very unsafe because there it's undulating in terms of the height. So you know, you go right over a little mini hill and there could be a car stop and you have no idea. Everyone's tall and ass there is no side service road. It's wild, dude.
Speaker 8: That's that's probably the most fear I've ever felt in terms of immediate fear, like I'm about to die.
Speaker 2: So you stopped and help them change tire?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: I called nine one one. Okay, do you guys ever do that? Y' I supposed to that there's a whole number on your driver's license. Well, I don't have time to.
Speaker 8: If I got my driver's license out and looked at it, I would cause a wreck. So I called nine to one one and they immediately patched me through to the tollway authority.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, just hold on one second. We'll get you to the toll way. And it just took a second.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thanks ever it for you. So I'm a hero.
Speaker 8: We got lots to get to today, including on the Hollywood Shuffle combination of Sydney Sweeney and Black Sabbath. But coming up next things that I'm tracking. Yesterday was the first day I learned about this very important weather development and we'll discuss it next. Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Egle. Look, we want to give away a tickets. We got a four pack for Rangers Royals on June nineteenth, and we like to give away those tickets choosing the iHeart app. So hit the talkback feature on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: You should have it. You can stream listen to podcasts. It's a great, great app.
Speaker 8: First person, it leaves their name, their phone number and their email address and can tell us who is not on the show today. If you're listening to the last segment, you heard it. Now, if you just tuned in, you don't know yet, because you have you've only heard Me talk. You haven't heard Ben talk, you haven't heard Kat talk. You haven't heard Christina talk.
Speaker 2: Old. I think she just laughed or giggled, So it's either KT or it's been.
Speaker 8: We're whittling it down, but hopefully you've been listening, heard the first segment and you already know and you've already won those tickets. So we give away tickets every day to someone who's been listening. Listen all day, use the app, and you have a chance to win. Right now, however, it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Skin track. Another edition of things.
Speaker 8: Is tracking all right, coming up later in the show for the weekday Upbate, we're going to talk about the coverage of all the storms last night. But there's a little slice of something that I wanted to talk about with you guys, because it feels like every couple of years something new happens and there's new jargon in the weather world. Oh yes, Now, maybe the one I always think of is out of nowhere four years ago or five years ago, tornadic activity. I mean, I lived here my entire life, in fricking tornado Alley, and I never weren't once heard, uh Troy Duncan or any of those guys say tornadic activity.
Speaker 2: This was a pretty big one coming up for me. Tornadic activity where not on like local onliness. Okay, oh yeah, McBride, I'm telling you, Pat, I'm telling you Troy Duncan never said it once. Like I've lived here my entire life.
Speaker 8: I've lived through and I didn't hear tornadic activity until five years ago.
Speaker 2: Pete started saying it, and then everybody undersleep blew me away. It's undersleet is a new one.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 8: It's like one of these things that someone uses a term and then everyone starts using the term. I'm telling you, i'd never heard tornadic activity. So there's one last night that I heard twenty five to thirty times.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you know what it is? Oh yeah, say it, Dorecho. Oh no, it wasn't the direct sho. Uh huh. You didn't hear about the direct sho. I mean I heard about it, but that's not the term I'm talking about. Okay, we got another one, then, do you know? I I don't know. I didn't watch the weather last night. PDS. Oh, PTS was a new one for me too. Yes, I'd never heard PDS. Yes, and I heard Pete say had one hundred times last night.
Speaker 8: So he said it as if anyone knew what the hell it was. That's exactly what I said to my wife. I was like, interesting that we're using this term now without context. And this happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Like radio people will just go on the air and start talking about Marty shots and stuff, as if anyone in the listening audience knows what that is, right, all right?
Speaker 8: Uh, And it's funny because like a station like The Ticket, they just common deer it and then like all their listeners start using it. Like people thought P one was something that Reiner came up with. Meanwhile, it's industry jargon that's been used in the industry for decades.
Speaker 2: Right, Lex and Terry called their listeners P one right. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So but anyways, so last night, boy Pete's rolling and he's just throwing PDS around. Now, do you guys know what PDS stands for.
Speaker 2: I think I heard him say it one time, and it was pretty drastic, pretty darn something situation. It was, oh oh, potentially dangerous situation. He got it. Actually, I believe it's particularly particularly dangerous situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard him say that one time. I have a million times he's at PDS. Okay, so that was kind of my point. And here's Pete and you know a friend of the show. We love Pete channel. Yeah, I'm sure, Yeahah, their whole crew is great, and I that's not the only one I watched, but I'm I love Below and I love Cynthia, and I love all those people out there. So I tend to watch that more than anything.
Speaker 8: And so I'm watching that last night and I hear PDS twenty five times, and so it starts conversation with me and the wife.
Speaker 2: My wife goes, I go, do you know what this means?
Speaker 8: And of things Pete said that really stood out as he goes, in all my time of broadcasting this, I've heard, I've had plenty of PDS tornado situations. This is the first ever PDS thunderstorm I've ever seen. And I was like, well, why don't you tell us what the hell of PDS thing is? Because I've never heard this. So I turned to the wife and go, have you ever heard this?
Speaker 2: You know what PDS is? And she goes, no, I go, what do you think it means? She goes pretty darn serious. Okay, oh yeah, that's better. I like it better. Imagine She's right, I mean, it's kind of the same thing. Got to the same thing I've been imagine if that was an official weather term, it should be, and we have a pretty darn serious situation here, the darn it should be here, pretty darn serious situation, pretty darn serious situation.
Speaker 8: Look, I've had pretty of pretty darn serious tornado situation. If I've never had a pretty darn serious thunderstorm situation, I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna call it a night. I think I'll leave it on the weather a little bit more, stay alert because of this pretty darn serious situation. Uh. And so we looked it up and that's we saw that it's a particularly dangerous situation. So clearly he's just trying to save time. Hold on, I got it wrong. She did not say that, she said, Oh, yes she did, Yes, she did.
Speaker 8: I thought at first she was saying storm for the s but that would make sense a pretty storm. Oh, I think she was saying a pretty dangerous storm.
Speaker 2: We're pretty good too, it's pretty good. They've all worked and really it's kind of like particularly dangerous situations kind of the same thing. Yes, absolutely, But anyways, we'll have another new term that'll pop onto the screen in about a year, year and a half, and everyone's going to be saying it. Just keep an eye out in the five o'clock hour. I'd like to tell you a couple of things about how Pete threw his crew under the bus for going to BUCkies. No, man, there's lots of storm talking to five o'clock out. Stick around for that coming up next. Who's getting bigger, Black Sabbath or Sidney Sweeney. I don't know if you guys have been following the news, but man, there was a very public breakup that happened and the details are fascinating and we will get into all of those coming up in the next segment. But right now, it's time for this juicy news. Hot gods every.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the woods shovel.
Speaker 9: So, guys, we are about less than a month away now from a giant reunion show happening Black Sabbath Ay. And not only is it just a big reunion, it's gonna be their last and final show. And it's not just Black Sabbath coming together for this. It's called back to the Beginning. By the way, you got Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Tool Slayer, Panteraico's E're like, it's gonna be freaking huge.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be an all day event July fifth is do you know are the bands mixing up in different stuff? Because isn't uh Tomorrell. Yeah, Tomarell is the music director, right.
Speaker 9: So Tom Morello has gotten a bunch of other like just huge metal people, metal icon.
Speaker 2: Icons, thank you.
Speaker 9: He's got them together and they're gonna be performing throughout this thing too. So those are like the actual bands playing. Then you got all these other people playing.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a big deal, very cool, so so big that it's happening in England.
Speaker 9: But tickets sold out in like fifteen minutes, and so I was like, man, there's no way they don't stream this thing right because it's just it's just huge. And it turns out they are those tickets. I need to check for see if they're I mean, you can't sell out streaming tickets right, no, so they think so they just went on sale last Friday, I believe, and they are twenty nine.
Speaker 2: At ninety nine.
Speaker 8: Okay, So let's think about this too. If you're gonna be watching it over in the UK, what's out of seven hour difference? Probably, so even if it's an old day thing that started at noon, you're gonna be getting up at like five in the morning to watch it.
Speaker 9: Well, it does say it's going to be delayed two hours from when they actually stay.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, I want a live event, I know, right, So that's six hour difference, six hours okay Texas.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you'll be able to watch it up to forty eight hours after as well.
Speaker 2: You just have to wake up and watch it.
Speaker 9: But it's kind of a cool thing, like you are living in the moment as it's happening two hours after.
Speaker 8: But still no, you know what, to your point, they should give you the option. They should just stream it live and then let you have forty eight hours so you can watch it at your life.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's all these old people who are going to be on stage. They're probably like, what if someone croaks? Do you think That's why I think there's a cushion, because there's some old going to be there, including Ossie speaking.
Speaker 8: Of cushion for some push And we got another story to get to in a second. But so it is Ozzy's having some serious health issues, right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does he have Parkinson's? Do we know he's just so old that he shakes a lot? No, he does shake a lot. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 9: But I keep seeing all these reports like he's in the gym constantly, like just trying to work up his strength for this show good because he doesn't want.
Speaker 2: To let the fans down.
Speaker 9: And in my mind, I'm like, dude, Ozzie, true fans just appreciate you shown up for one song, yeah, because he's thinking they'll do maybe five at most, right, but seriously, I'm like, dude, Assie, don't.
Speaker 2: Kill yourself Parkinson since twenty nineteen, twenty nineteen, Okay, yeah, it really like makes me sad. Yes, I watched the Ronnie James Doo documentary. I that's the soft spot in my heart.
Speaker 8: I love Doo and I think it is probably gonna piss al out of our listeners off. I prefer Ronnie James Doo Black Sabbath to Ozzie Black Sabbath because I think Mob Rules is their best album. That's crazy, but I mean, I just think if Ronnie James Dio is still with us, he would be over there.
Speaker 2: Doing this too, and it would be really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, started championing Deo. I was a Doo fan. Dude.
Speaker 8: I saw Dio in concert on the uh that would have been the last in line tour. And you know, eighth grader or seventh grade or whatever.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 2: He's up there, there's a castle, there's a giant dragon. You know, I mean, badass, I'm already I was, so I was so in on it. And I loved his music.
Speaker 8: Vivian Campbell's a badass guitar player, and it was just a badass heavy metal concert. And if you want to get super nerdy, I don't really care for his records, but Ingvay Malmstein opened up, so you had, like, yeah, all that stuff going on the entire time.
Speaker 2: Whoops, if you want.
Speaker 9: These live stream tickets, by the way, back to the beginning, dot com. Back to the beginning dot com, yep, to the beginning. Okay, great work, christ Do we have time to get this out for sixty seconds here? So there's a boxer in the nineties named Christy Martin.
Speaker 2: Do you remember her? Yeah? Chance? So here's the story with her. She was stabbed by her husband a ton and then like he tried to kill her, he shot shot at her in their home. Oh, it's like a wild story. And she was a boxer from nineteen eighty nine to twenty twelve, but in twenty ten she survived the murder attept by her husband. Okay, well they're making a big movie about her, a biopic. Okay, and sid Sween has this start it Sidney Queen. I saw she was doing a boxing movie. I didn't realize it was this. Okay, So she has said that she started eating and she now she gat like thirty pounds for this role. Okay, and uh tennem our ass real huge, let's go, and like she got real strong and kind of ripped. Have you seen some of the images from the movie. Is she gonna look like zac Efron? Okay, not that big, but it does. She almost looks unrecognizable? Dude? Does it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 8: I forget what episode it was, episode four of the studio? Did it weird you guys out? Just the way that zac Efron looks?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am the iron Well I did. I mean it kind of looks weird. It weirds me out a little bit. Yeah, and I know. So does she look good in the movie. Yeah, I wouldn't say that, but she's back to normal now because they already shot this movie. Oh she is ye impressive that she lost thirty Yeah, but the butt still bigger, she's young.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 8: Uh that's Kevin. It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. Eagle coming up X a very very public breakup that happened on social media, and we will detail it right here on the Eagle fit in Skin Show ninety some point one. The Eagle bent out sick today. We do think he'll be back tomorrow. But you got me, you got tizzle, you got a little bagdarm bread, and we're gonna take you on through the afternoon, including four o'clock. What's going on in Dallas when we introduce you to the Metroplex's newest millionaire right there in Garland. Cool story, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Cooly wants shame on, Shame on you, pol We can't get fool again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, oh god, love you.
Speaker 2: What am I talking about?
Speaker 6: The Bible means a lot to me, but I don't want to get into specifics.
Speaker 2: Old Testament guy probably equals I call upon.
Speaker 8: All nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorists killers.
Speaker 10: Now watch it dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 8: This is the segment where we celebrate all of the wonderful contributions to popular culture that our politicians have given us over the years, and boy, we had a big one this weekend.
Speaker 5: K two.
Speaker 2: It was a wild week, honestly, and I think it goes back a little deeper. Let's go to July twenty twenty two real quick. Okay, this is when Elon Musk basically said that Trump should not run for president, and then Trump got kind of mad, called him a a BS artist, and if you remember, at that point, he was also saying like Elon should not try to buy Twitter, and then he suspended Trump's Twitter account. Okay, and then he kept saying that he was going to put his support behind Ron DeSantis and that Ron de Santis would beat Joe Biden. So Elon's had these guys they turned like all the time. Yeah, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 8: And also, just in case you don't know, uh, Elon voted for Biden in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, Yeah, Elon, Elon.
Speaker 8: Actually what happened is most of the quote unquote tech bros, you know, the Silicon Valley guys head of Facebook, had of Apple, on and on, they generally voted left. And it's more recent that you saw at Trump's inauguration all those guys were there. That push to the right happened in the last year so year and a half, and it really like Elon kind of sparked that movement in a lot of ways because at the center of all of this was this idea of free speech and how it played out on social media, and a lot of the social media platforms claimed that the Biden administration tried to get them to withhold information on COVID nineteen. And obviously one of the biggest figures that can swing an election now is Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan was in the middle of all of that. So that's kind of the brief history of it. Elon didn't pledge your support to Trump until about an hour after he got shot in the ear. That was I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And also just you guys, remember I mean, I don't know our listeners remember this. Trump was a Red Democrat till twenty twelve. Yeah, I mean, longtime New York Democrats. So these parties switching and all this stuff. Yeah, it's you know, it happens out of for these guys at least, it's transactional.
Speaker 2: So the story and this has not been like widely reported at least, but this kind of came out Friday and then the rest of the weekend. So they're having a big goodbye ceremony for Elon, and they're like, thank you for your contributions. You can go back to you know, Tesla and SpaceX and do your thing. Then you give them a key or some key. It's very strange. But before that happened, an aide walks up to Trump and hands him a folder and Trump looks at it and he keeps it together on TV, does the goodbye ceremony. Then when on the cameras leave, this is reporting the New York Times, so whatever you want to believe the Liberal paper, but I would argue they're not actually, but whatever the So then all the cameras leave, and then Trump then confronts Elon, how could you do this? So what had happened is Elon had this guy that he wanted to run NASA, and this guy had a democratic background and had been donating to some democratic causes. We'll say, okay, when Trump saw that on this file that his aid gave him right before this ceremony, and Trump got pissed, and then he confronted Elon about it. And then Elon's like no, No, it'll be good. It'll show that you can work across the aisle. It'll be good. And Trump sits on it for another day and then finally he's like, no, I'm not doing that. And that's when he actually removed this guy to be the candidate to be the next head of NASA, who'd be working with SpaceX, who would hypothetically be helping Elon in some of his SpaceX projects. And that's when Elon went nuclear on Twitter. Yeah or X.
Speaker 8: I guess the first day he went nuclear, Trump didn't respond. Yeah, and then the next day it really started escalating.
Speaker 2: We have two guys firing off tweets about each other on social media outlets that they own. Yeah, that's really crazy. Yeah. Uh. Elon says that Trump's in the Epstein files and that's why they haven't been released. He says that he would have lost the election if Elon didn't step in, which basically I think hard. You'll get to it, like, is that election front? Probably not. Probably can't do anything off that tweet, but it's very it's very interesting. I for one, one hundred percent believe Trump won.
Speaker 8: Uh, yeah, he did, Like, but I also believe that the main reason he won is because of Rogan and Musk.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean Musk was controlling the platform and control what people see.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 2: We should also say missteps in the Democratic Party. Biden saying it's just so hard for it. Yeah, dude, Yeah, it was just hard for worse. In hindsight, I'm amazed by anyone there's like they covered it up. I'm like they did not. They showed you. Yeah, he went out there and talked. There was no cover up going on, like they look at him, look at the man. I think it's very very interesting to see these just very It's these guys are just looking for power, these powerful figures top of money, right, and we're just kind of tweeting on platforms that we own.
Speaker 8: Every everything has changed and the government is more transactional than it's ever been.
Speaker 2: That's just the new normal, you know. It's just where we are at this time and history.
Speaker 8: All right, Samina and Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle coming up next, Garland's Newest Millionaire on what's going on in Dallas.
Speaker 2: We're a good job there, a little baby cornbread. What's going on in Dallas? Yeah, girl, okay, choose your own adventure here. Do you want the good news first? Of the bad news? It's up to Christina. Let's get bad news out of the way. I've always subscribed to that theory when someone tells you I've got good news and bad news? What do you want first?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 2: I want the bad parts, so I can't really enjoy the good part.
Speaker 8: I'm like on his sale the end of that. On a scale of one hundred, how bad is the bad and how good is the good?
Speaker 2: Like, it just depends because you're really not paying attention to the second thing, ever the first one. So pay attention to both these stories, audience, Okay, bad news.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 2: Do you remember former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Kelvin Joseph. I do, the rap artist known as boss Man Fat.
Speaker 8: I think of him more as being adjacent to a murder than a football player.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember what his game was like. You remember him being allegedly in the car that sped off behind the old Ot tavern on Greenville Avenue when that murder did happen. That's what I meant by adjacent to the murder. Yes, that was the details from a few years back. Now, he weren't you there? That night with Kavanaugh. There were multiple times when Kavanaugh and I somehow hit a lottery where we had a Friday night appearance at ot Tavern. Yeah, pretty much every summer, every Friday night in the summer, and it was easy money. Yeah, we'd go eat a hammer and play beer pong, but multiple times a fight would happen, you know what. Soroy lived over there on Martel over there in those days too. Kind of crazy, okay. Either way, he moved on from his time with the Cowboys as a second round pick just didn't really pan out here, went off somewhere else. Then he ended up with the Chiefs for a little bit, and then he was quoted in an article that was just diminishing the Cowboys tours that they give at the Star. Oh part of that, Oh, he was absolutely in that. One of the quotes like, yeah, man, here in Kansas City, it's all about football, not in Dallas. I'm like, come on, bro y'ack. Seventeen albums, like boss Man Fat was cranking out the hits, Is that right? Yes, he had so many CDs. And was he a good player? Not really?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought college Yeah in college, yeah, it's good. But like as a pro he bounced around. Isn't he currently in the UFL?
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah, Okay, well it might change. One person is dead Kelvin Joseph under arrest after a deadly motorcycle crash on seventy five in Richardson on Saturday morning. And by Saturday morning, I mean a little bit after five thirty am. Yeah, so I don't know if this was getting up and going to the gym, it wasn't. The female motorcycle driver was twenty seven year old Cody Morris of Plano, dead at the scene when police arrived, he did call the police if there is something that he didn't just run off? Didn't he call the police when he got home?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know that I believe.
Speaker 8: Look this because the reporter on this story was my wife, okay, because she was reading me the story, and so she was reading me the story of oh this is so sad someone in Allen killed a person on a motorcycle last night, and I was like, oh no, that's horrible, and she's reading me the details and then she goes, yeah, apparently he called the police when he got home. And then she said, by you know, so he left the scene, then called the police, and then when they went to go talk to him, it was pretty clear he had been inebriated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her fan saying that he went home first tried to I had not seen that, Yeah, but also said she was on the phone with her husband she was coming home from work. Oh my god, I got a seven year old kid.
Speaker 8: And then my wife continues to read and she goes, wait, this is a Dallas cowboy. I go what she goes, have you ever heard of Kelvin Joseph. I was like, yeah, he was involved in a murder. Oh, that's why I think of when I think of Kelvin Joseph.
Speaker 2: I don't think of a twenty twenty two Greenville Avenue thing, right, I don't think of a single thing that he did on a football field. I just think of the footage that I saw that guy getting shot outside of that suv. And then so he didn't have the gun, but he was with those people. He was in the car with the guy that murdered the guy, and he somehow got out of all that because he light to the police. Remember that. Yeah, And of course the cowboys were like, oh, you know, these things happen. You trade into the Dolphins in twenty twenty three. Christina, Yep, thank you, terrible story. Oh ye hill two. Let's do the good story now. Sorry about that man. That's terrible and are obviously just you know, local family dealing with a lot of sadness. That is horrible.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Fox Force got a story up there and they may I don't know if there's gonna be like a go fund me like that type of thing if you want to get in. Okay, uh Garland grandmother. Her name is pong h f u o ng Okay. She retired from her thirty three year job last week and she was the one million dollar winner at Chuck Tal Casino and Durant early Sunday.
Speaker 7: Warning.
Speaker 2: See this is why we is why we tell people all the time if you need, you need to be a rewards club member out there at Choctaw they're doing the one million dollar cash drawings. They did one last Saturday. She was a winner. They also had one July fifth and one August second. That is amazing, three months, three millionaires. And because Chalktaw is good people and we know that's been working on for a long time now. In fact, we will be at Chalkdaw this Friday afternoon. They're also donating ten thousand to a nonprofit in the Garland area. Oh, in honor of her wedding. Yeah, so does it say what she did for thirty three years?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 2: I didn't see that in the article, but I'm sure she did good work. Man, Come on, she said quote. I'm still excited. I never thought I would win. Tonight my name was called. I stood up for my table and I said, that's my name. That would be a funny game show. We need that drop forever, so we can now have a game show called that's my name. Three months, three millionaires, one of them from Garland. Incredible. If I'm if I'm out there in Mesquite, I'm kind of thinking I better get up to chalk Taw.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 8: Remember last year that young girl in Plano one, I say girls, she was in her twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's dude.
Speaker 8: There's so many people from the Metroplex that are winning big at Chalktaw. It's really, really awesome, and we want you to come join us this Friday. We'll be doing the show from there. All right, great work, kt Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle coming up next. We celebrate one of the greatest coaches in DFW sports history right here and around the Sports Now Eagle in this segment is brought to you by a Twisted Root Burger Company. Ben and I've talked about Twisted Root a lot over the years. We think it's a really cool place. I mean, delicious burgers, great food, but they have a cool vibe too. You know, they tapped into pop culture and then they call you out by the name of a famous person. It's just really fun. It's total vibe. But the food is really what it's all about. And they've spent the last six months retooling their menu and they are back with a brand new menu and it is kick ass. You know Ben joked about Kraft Burgers. These are genuinely craft burgers, including a build your own burger menu where you pick everything topping's condiments. Hell, they even have custom pickles. You're gonna love it. It's a great vibe, it's great food. It's all over the Metroplex, Carrollton, cup l Deep Element more Goo see for yourself Twisted Root Burger Company.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 11: Maln is Cool around the Sports KTD Twins as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, thank you, Steven.
Speaker 8: So the NBA Finals is going on and one of the things that they do and Rick Carlisle is a big part of this because one of Rick Carlile's mentors was Chuck Dailey. But they give away like a legendary coach. They honor a legendary coach, and this year was Don Nelson. Old Nelly is back in town for the first time since before the pandemic.
Speaker 2: And it's funny.
Speaker 8: I have a bunch of friends that were sending me pictures of Nelly and Don and just different people from back in the day with the Mavericks because he was like last Thursday night they all watched Game one out at Billy Bob's and Fort Worth and Ben and I. Ben and I used to be really good friends with Donnie. And I say used to be because Donnie just kind of like disappeared for a while. He had a big falling out with the Mavericks. Well that is all settled and Donnie's been coming back, but he lives out in Maui with his dad. Now oh wow, so he's not here all the time, but he does come back, has a lot of business here as kids live here, etc. Donnie's involved in so much cool stuff. But anyways, I knew Nelly was here and I knew this is what it was for. But then a lot of details came out what he sat down with Mark Stein, and then last night they actually had the press conference with you have audio for.
Speaker 2: All this well yeah, and Stein had reported, Hey, watch out for whatever don Nelson's going to be wearing. Yeah, because he's going to do something to honor Luca. Yep. So here's the press conference here and Luca too.
Speaker 7: My dear friend. As a matter of fact, I want everybody to know, I'm wearing Luca's shoes, his new shoes from Nike just got out in the market, and I'm wearing them in protest for the trade from Dallas, a tremendous mistake by the Dallas franchise to trade him. And uh, I want I want everybody to know that.
Speaker 2: That's kind of crazy seeing that too, with Carlisle being up there too. Yeah. Just it's a weird whirlwind that lucas still the center of the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you know Nelly is Nelly's standing up for his son Donnie because and this is Nelly one oh one, my close friend Luca.
Speaker 2: I'd be surprised if he's ever met Luca.
Speaker 8: Yeah, uh, he's Later he went on to say that he hadn't been to America in seven years, and I'm like, so is Luca flying out to Maui to see Nellie?
Speaker 5: Just you know.
Speaker 8: But now, Nelly had been on the Luca train since Luca was like thirteen, fourteen years old. Donnie had been scouting him forever. I think I told you guys a story where I was in Minnesota at the beginning of the season. We knew the Mavericks were going to have a lottery pick. They had drafted Dennis Smith junior and it was going to be a great draft. And I remember walking up to Donnie and this would have been early December of that basketball season, and before I even say thing, you know, he goes, boy, we could just get our hands on that kid over there in Slovenia. I mean, he was thinking about him back then, like they were dialed in on Luca. So that's Nelly, you know, yeah, supporting the team there.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said, because I've got a story that he has about Dirk and how they tried to hide Dirk as a story we've heard before, but hearing him tell it again is good. Okay, But I also want to say there was another part of this. I didn't pull this part, but he was talking about to me having a superstar like that, you that means you have him for life. Yeah, and how he would never and I don't know what John Nelson's history is of, you know, were there any big trades that might have made him think that way? You know, because I mean a long coaching career for he's with the MAVs.
Speaker 8: Nelly is a He's a gambler. You can't trust anything Nelly says, but he's lovable. I'm not I'm not taking a dump on but everything is an angle for Nelly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like that was the wonderful thing about Donnie is Donnie had some of his dad's personality, but he also had some of his mom's personality. So I always trusted Donnie one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: Nelly.
Speaker 8: I took everything he said with a grain of salt, because man, he's lying to you as soon as he's looking you in the eye.
Speaker 2: That's just the way Nelly gets down. Here's a quick Dirk store here.
Speaker 7: Dirk was the most talented big man I'd ever seen. He was close to seven feet tall and he played like a small forward. Donnie found a way to isolate him from most of the NBA scouts, and they played in the World Games, and they trained in New Ymca and only two people were allowed in there. That was me and Donnie. So I got a chance to watch him for a week and nobody, no other scout could come in. And I begged his friend Holger, who was with him for his lifetime. I begged him not to go down to San Antonio. I didn't want anybody to see him because I liked him that much. And then he went down and ended up scoring like thirty five and deanerybounds or some number, and I said, oh man, we're not going to get him. Know everybody's going to see him. But they only saw him the one diamond. He started slipping in the draft. We kind of knew where he was. We actually went from six to nine and got him and made enough money so we were into Black that year instead of the Red.
Speaker 2: Here's the funny thing about Nelly.
Speaker 8: I mean, there's a lot of funny things about Nelly, but here's the beauty of being eighty five and not caring anymore and being a weed farmer in Maui. So here's Nelly telling the story about how him and Donnie did illegal stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean within the league rules. Yeah, like Donnie would not tell that story. Nelly's like, I don't care. So what we did was legal, and the way we did it was you know, it's like just burning every bridge. Who cares? Man, He's gonna get a job. Yeah, it's amazing though. Man, those are both like Donnie and don both have meant so much to me and my sports life here and I've told this story you know before about going on a golf journey with with Nelly and Maui.
Speaker 8: And he's just so much fun, dude, so much fun. Congratulations to the legend don Nelson. All Right, it's been and skin show night some one point one the Eagle KT. What's coming up next in this special KT segment?
Speaker 2: So I went to a party on Saturday night, and uh I won over the entire party by doing this. All right, coming up next, KT Parties. Okay, so Saturday night, no intro for this segment. We're just gonna fire away. Oh look at him. Yeah, So I went to a party Saturday night we all had planned Saturday. You all had stuff to do. Wh y'all do Saturday?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I went to our friend Dacon jan Or dance. Yeah, I loved.
Speaker 9: I love Dacon Jan, Dan and Jakes Jenieric summer event. Did that, and then also a great sushi dinner for Mary sir Roy's Bertha. Oh beautiful sushi with the great Mary Soroy.
Speaker 2: I too went to.
Speaker 8: I too went to Jake and Dan's generic summer event. And no, Christina didn't see he there, didn't see her.
Speaker 2: She had to jump out to go to have an expensive sushi dinner for me exactly.
Speaker 9: So that was that.
Speaker 8: The local, the Shack's out in the Colony, awesome place, I place rules and man, Jerry, they were cranking on the Rollertown big German. That's a brewery that Ben and I are partners in. But play with your balls. I love when I can go drink our beer at a cool place. I hosted a fantasy football event out there one time.
Speaker 5: For this.
Speaker 2: Jerry Elliott incredible as the MC had to roast everyone. It was tough. I think he paid me either way. It's probably an open tab. So my wife one of her high school friends had a birthday party, and you know, this comes up and what are we doing on this day? And usually it's just a check and it's look, okay, so we got to go over to the other side of town. What's allg ish? Oh yeah, that's funky town, right, that's yeah, over in that area, and it's a set this guy's house. It was his wife's house. And I was like, how man, people can do there? You know, it's not like twenty people, but it's all like high school friends or a lot of friends that you know, they all knew what person to The people were good looking? Oh one hundred, let's go really, come on, man, I don't hang out with ogs. So what percentage of the people that I know? Twenty five percent? And that was the part that you said was the best looking. No, that's the tough part is that twenty five percent of or know these people? Well, what are we gonna do here? Okay, so we're hanging out. But it's also it's good. It's all in a house. There's nothing crazy going on here. There's some Mario Kart happening, very gaming type people too, so I'm I can like, oh I can get in that world right now? Board games are put out on the bar, so I got six people playing some game. Cards against Humanity are happening. Board game Turner, Exploding Kittens. Exploding Kittens was not there, but I was like, we should have brought it.
Speaker 10: I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Exploding kittens is fun?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: Man, We'll just get together and have to do it. To describe on it, it's a card game. Yeah, it's OK. That's all you had to say. But they had Mario Kart the new Nintendo Switch, to which he claims he got the last one at the walmart or what everybody says. Stuff, but everyone says things like that, right, yeah, But as someone who never really played the switch before and did step in and play around with Mario Kart, unbelievable, Like the graphics are unbelievable these days. What have they done to that game? Incredible? But fun, but also after ten minutes, I was pretty tired of it. You're just sitting around. There's an island in the kitchen, and I noticed you got six or seven gamers going on. You got like three people outside playing beer pong, and I find a deck of cards. Okay, we start shuffling the deck of cards. I'm like, okay, let's see what we start doing.
Speaker 9: Okay, so once you learn a magic drink, I was just gonna say, a magic show turner, here we go.
Speaker 2: You wish it was a magic trick is way cooler, but not all right? First thing I do. If I'm a buddy, will at us start playing blackjacks. We're like, let's go to eleven. I'll be the dealer. I'll play with the dealer's rules. Let's find out what the true probability is of winning a hand of black jacket. Well, that got boring real quick. You know my card sharks type games like high or lower. Yeah, we got that. You got a little race going, you know, the losers you got to drink that type of thing. Race draft, And finally we didn't have a race drap. And then finally I said, I'm gonna try something here. And I don't really have everyone's attention. Everyone's kind of talking to each other. I'm kind of in my own world. Uh huh. But fifty two playing cards an island in the kitchen, and I just put them all down, face down, And I'll be damned if the hit of the night was the match game, really old school match game. It sounds boring, and I thought it was gonna be terrible. It was unbelievable fun because no one can pay attention to anything for more than five seconds anymore, so no one knows where any of the cards, Like you just saw one, and no one pays attention, and so you probably made them drink if they got it wrong. Right, So that's just well, no, because that was less of a drinking game that turns into just a free fall who can get the most and like you get the match and you get to keep going. I mean, such a childish game that you play as a kid, right, But to break that out out of nowhere was the weirdest amount of fun I've had in a long time. But also, like when you're kid, you're you're you have more of a sponge memory. Now you're talking. Yeah, and there was a kid over there and there drinking.
Speaker 8: I guarantee you man, any of us would go going head to head with a ten year old and something like that, the ten year old would mop the floor with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no doubt I am.
Speaker 8: I mean there's things that I used to be so sharp on so much stuff, and now I just go, oh yeah, my brain is dull.
Speaker 2: I can't do any of that anymore. I can't hang. I was one of the better match game players the night, but it was still frustrating to me that I couldn't remember where the Nine of Hearts was over again. You think it's just, oh the Jack of Hearts again. Oh, you son of a bitch. I've got to find like it was crazy fun. So I'm just saying if things are getting stale, he's just saying this, pop in a boner pill and play match. I mean, we do have a lot of storms coming up, right, so card game.
Speaker 8: I tell you what if I had one of those, I don't know if is it purple the little Crown Royal bag?
Speaker 2: Is that purple or navy blue? Purple?
Speaker 8: If I had a purple Crown Royal bag full of pesos for every time I heard Kat say I was one of the better match game players of the night, I would be a wealthy, wealthy man. It's The Been and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next, the only segment we will not under any circumstances podcast.
Speaker 2: It's the Today Games.
Speaker 4: Well, the wild Life Dunes a right life.
Speaker 2: Consider this still in the Metroplex. Here if you went up seventy five North Central Expressway and he went to Sherman, Okay, like you're on the way to Choctawll, right, But then at Sherman you're like, you know what, I'm gonna go east, which would be terrible because you should just keep going straight to chalk Taw.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but then if you might be doing that to go to Broken Bow, maybe, yeah, that's where an area where you can cut over if you so desire.
Speaker 2: So once you go east, not there at eighty two though, okay, not quite there. You hit a couple of times. There's a town called Bells. Go further into Tuckles, and I know because my cousin used to coach basketball actor. Oh those that's a great story. But he moved so, like this is all a little interesting to me. How close?
Speaker 8: How close is this to Ladonia? Ladonia's in the in the area, because I'd never heard of Ladonia until.
Speaker 2: Last last night. You saw a bunch of yeah new names. There was a town called Hale, Yeah. Yeah, And then and Pete was interested in that. Yeah, he was like that's ironic. Yeah, he commented like he didn't he'd never heard of it, and I'd never heard of it, and I was like, Okay, but was this a PDS storm? I think after last night's performance, Jesse Juila is itched a little closer to the crown. He loved Jesse much more? Is that guy? I love more on the storms in a minute. So in between actor and Sherman is a town called Savoy. Savoy so Fannin County. He heard a fan farm things like that. Yeah, north of White Right. I'm just trying to paint a picture for the audience. White right sounds very German. Well there's also white Rock up there too, Okay, and a town called tom Bean. So I need to get out to fan anymore.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they wild and my point is north and then east a little bit, but still in the listening area. We had this story. Let's go to our friends over at NBC five.
Speaker 8: Okay, bear sighting is causing a big stir in one North Texas town. Videos show the black bear prowling around the town of Savoy in Fannin County.
Speaker 2: As Meredith Heelmans discovered, people there are just as curious as the bear is.
Speaker 4: Did you get to see the bird the only.
Speaker 12: Animal on it?
Speaker 2: Okay, that is what I'm gonna do to all of my friends who just downloaded Hulu, I'm dead. Did you get to see the bird?
Speaker 4: Did you get to see the bird?
Speaker 2: Why is he saying bear bird? What is he even saying? Say bird again?
Speaker 4: Did you get to see the bird?
Speaker 2: They didn't kind of turn into the bird? The bear love? Can you get this guy on the show? Probably, dude, I'd love a bear up. Might be able to grab him. Man, you can't say, I'll do my best part just as curious as the bear is.
Speaker 4: Did you get to see the beard?
Speaker 12: The only animal on anyone's mind?
Speaker 4: Did you hear about the bird?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 2: Now this is me at parties Now Season fourst coming out in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Did you hear about the bears?
Speaker 2: Oh, take a sip. We're gonna do a daily bear segment just so we can play that dumb drugs. Okay?
Speaker 4: Did you get to see the bird?
Speaker 12: The only animal on anyone's mind?
Speaker 4: Did you hear about the bird is the black.
Speaker 12: Bear that's sounder through town this week?
Speaker 4: It was exciting, but at the same time, glad I didn't see it time.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, great, there's only seven hundred and twelve people in that town. Yeah, that very last clip made me think that was Mike Hudman. All right, t guy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, through town this week.
Speaker 4: It was exciting.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, glad I didn't see lots of talk in the town about the bear.
Speaker 2: Dude, they think it should be nominated as a comedy. They are in on that.
Speaker 6: Yep, lots of talk in the town about the bear.
Speaker 11: Savoy Police Chief Robert Knowles says Dispatch called him around nine thirty Wednesday night about a bear spotted behind the post office and.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking, I don't think it's going to be a bear, and so I called one of the deputies that responded and he said, no, it's absolutely a bear. He said it it ran across in front of my car when I was on my way over there.
Speaker 11: Surveillance cameras at a convenience store confirmed it too. In one video, the bear is seen strolling by. In another, the bear is seen passing through the parking lot near a man, seemingly unaware the animals there.
Speaker 12: It then crossed main street toward a nursing home.
Speaker 10: It scared one of my co one of the other coworkers, because she's like, if it's a baby, the mom is probably out here and they can be aggressive.
Speaker 2: The chief says that it's a pretty good science work that we got there. Yeah, okay, cracking the case the nursing home. Right.
Speaker 10: It scared one of my co one of the other coworkers, because she's like, if it's a baby, the moms probably out here and they can be aggressive.
Speaker 11: The chief says the bear was last seen heading west out of town, and that there have been at.
Speaker 2: Least two northeast heading bears heading west.
Speaker 11: Towards US going to Rollertown Dude possible sighting since then.
Speaker 12: Between Savoy and Sherman.
Speaker 11: It's believed the bear may have crossed the Red River before days of heavy rain.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the bear was listening to the show earlier. Maybe he's going to chalk tog Get signed up for that, didn't you know what millionaire? Yeah, it definitely sounds like this bears committed a crime. Did they say what car he was driving? He was not driving. He was on foot yep.
Speaker 6: The river's full and flowing.
Speaker 11: Texas Carson Wildlife said the time of year, young bears are leaving their mothers and may end up in unusual places like finding itself in the middle of this small.
Speaker 12: Town in Savoy.
Speaker 6: People are excited about it is something we don't get to see every day.
Speaker 12: Meredith Yeomans, NBC five.
Speaker 2: The bears are leaving their mother, and that's the news. The news should be there's a.
Speaker 9: Bear, right, But these young bears need to know it's totally fine to stay with your mom until.
Speaker 2: You're like twenty five. Just feel good. You know the security net going. It's economy thirty if you can.
Speaker 8: But clearly these young bears are out there chasing ass right, where are the bears at?
Speaker 2: Where are they at? I think when you how many bears are here, he's turning into ben. This is a frog situation. Where are they? The bears are disappearing. It's too hot for bear. I don't think they are Germane to this region and that were and hence the story years ago to my hometown. Only were the cubs by the way Jack Onney saw a bear.
Speaker 8: No, And actually when we did Salina research, there used to be a bunch of bears in Solana, not a bunch, but some long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now it's too hot yep. And also like the railroad came through.
Speaker 9: All right, it's well I mean they they haven't found the bear. The bears just out wondering without his mom. Okay, bears, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. It's gambling right now. That's good. Yeah, I got that.
Speaker 8: I've been blasting this on social media. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen they sponsor this segment, and they're up for six different awards in the Dallas Morning News Reader's poll, including best Pizza, which is what they got last year, but also like best comfort Food, Best Italian Place, Best Happy Hour, best Bar, best Sports Bar, on and on and on. Go vote for him. I'll blast out the link again later. Go vote for him. You can vote for him every day. I'm voting for him every day because I love spreading the gospel about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen so good. They got five different styles of pizza that they've mastered. They have an awesome bar, and they feature Rollertown beer Works.
Speaker 7: We like that.
Speaker 8: They got a great selection on tap. That's our brewery. But anyways, go see for yourself. Right there in the heart of Plano at Preston Plano Parkway, it's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time.
Speaker 13: For this, and now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kg fun Tweets to hear the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just talk about the storms. This a little bit earlier in the show, but here's the total number of people that didn't have power as of this morning, forty seven thousand people with power, and a lot did hit ninety thousand overall for a bit. But this, you know, a lot of those temporary. As I was watching this, really I knew this is one of those events where on Saturday Sunday night we're going to get some storms and it's pretty undeniable. And I do kind of have a theory that every time that happens, it seems to not be as bad as the ones that do sneak up on you and then, but that could just be the way you're thinking about. Yeah, So I had a couple of screens going on because the basketball game was not great, so I kept channel five on one on my little tiny TV and then i'd channel eight on the biggin. So Pete Delkas was in a jacket off situation. Yeah serious, and he kept saying, you know, these please take this serious. Eighty mile per hour wins possible, and some of storms not everywhere, but eighty miles per hour that is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous than a tornado.
Speaker 8: And they're saying things like keep in mine A level two tornadoes only sixty five miles an hour, so understand these are very powerful.
Speaker 2: Win. I'll say the tree that got uprooted in my backyard and fell over and caused chaos in my house. Yeah, in Richardson was a year ago, maybe it was two years ago. It was eighty one mile per hour win. Whoa they tracked straight line win. Wow coming at you have a root rot on the tree, made it pretty easy for the tree to get uprooted. Make sure your trees don't have root rot. I love root rot talk. So I didn't notice though, And they've got the timer like when it's going to hit your spot and you're kind of watching it, give get the graphic. Ten thirty is my time here locked in?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then I just kind of sae it's getting quieter and I'm like, O, hey, is that the cam before the storm. But as I'm watching Pete Delk has delivered this on Channel eight I realize his enthusiasm is waning, and it's not that he's been on the air for about forty five minutes talking about this. He's getting tired, said, I think it's starting to not be as bad as he thought.
Speaker 8: You're exactly right, And keep in mind, so that the game they cut out of NBA coverage because the game was over and it's just Steven A yelling. So they go to full storm coverage at nine, twenty minutes before and Pete does not do the Sunday news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's up there on a Sunday. They were all up there, they're all up, whole team. He goes on at nine.
Speaker 8: At ten o'clock, they do the reset and he leads off the news, so there's no news, it's just weather coverage. We still haven't seen Teresa Woodward yet. So it goes for another twenty minutes. So he's been on straight for like forty minutes, and the storm just keeps getting.
Speaker 2: Weaker and weaker and weaker. So we've got a couple of reporters out. We've got one in her car not far from me, and then we've got the guy over at the BUCkies in Rono. Yeah, and Pete makes a joke that, oh, that's a pretty common landing spot for our reporters lately, and he's like, they're going to get food and hang out in a nice place, which, by the way, yeah, actually, yeah, bro, if.
Speaker 9: This storm is really bad, I want to be where there's a nice bathroom, Matt.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But they keep keep kind of going after them, and they're like, he could hit it any minute. Nothing's happening, okay, And I'm like, then he's got Jesse and he's got some other girl tracking the wind. The wind speak, because that's the big thing on this storm. The straight line wins right, could get up to eighty mile per hour. Let's go over to Addison Airport and Jesse goes, yeah, it's just cocked it at three miles per hour. My god, And then I started laughing. I was like, tell the TV off, we're done here, dude.
Speaker 8: At one point, they're showing the map coming down and I'm watching it's about to hit Alan and they're showing it, and they're showing it, and then and then Pete's lives in kind of West Plano. Just got a text from the wife. She said, it's really just a lot of rain, I know, and he.
Speaker 3: Was so beaten.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 9: Okay, so I'm in Bishop Barts, right. We had got home around nine thirty, so I think it hit at ten. It was insane, like the lightning driving home was crazy, and then when it hit it sounded horrible like it was scary. Yeah, we lost power for maybe a full minute.
Speaker 8: And let's just say different parts of the area got like I got spared in all and you got spared in Richardson. Yeah, Fannin County. We were talking about that, Barrett. They had twisters. Yeah, like they actually had tornadoes. So there's and you mentioned earlier there's a lot of power outages. But I think there was so much social media attention of hey, this will be the biggest storm of the year leading up to it. It puts all the legitimate people on blast. Yeah, and they got to be ready. And it's one of those things where you don't want the storm to deliver to the height. Yeah, you don't want that to happen. But man, they've commandeered all this programming and now.
Speaker 2: It's just the airs going out of the BLUEFW Airport clock sixty eight month per hour wins like Grayson County seventy six month per hour. But it just wasn't as quite as bad as people thought it would be. It was fun to watch. I absolutely get so revved up when still coverages on bad stuff or.
Speaker 8: It really it really kind of brings my family together, Me and my wife way into it. My kids are making fun of us because I want him to get in the storm shelter. It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works. Rollertown is the brewery up there in Salina, Texas that me and Ben are partners in.
Speaker 2: Now I want to put this on your radar.
Speaker 8: We're still a couple of weeks away, but we are going to have a huge and I mean huge party up there in Salina July fourth weekend because that's also our anniversary weekend. So not only is it a big July fourth spectacle, but it's a big beer spectacle. And me and Ben are proud of our brewery and our partners up there in Salina. Also, Man the big German. I love that so many restaurants and bars around town carry it. That's our delicious, coolsh easy drinking. The tagline is minimal hops with a smooth finish, which is just like Dirt Novitski. And that's why we named it The big German after Dirk. It's a delicious beer. It's at so many places, Fortunate Son, Good Friend, Globe Life, the AAC truck Yards, all of the truck yards carry the big German. Kanye Roso pluckers Man. We're excited, We're proud be a part of the Rollertown movement. Follow Rollertown Beer Works on all the social media to keep up to date with us.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this You that this thing's big, all right? So happy sixty nine by the way, Yeah, June ninth, Big Day, twenty twenty five. How are you gonna celebrate it? Probably just gonna go home and just laundry. That's what you guys call it. Ten things that happened ten years ago this week? Okay, all right?
Speaker 8: So kt that would be June sixth of twenty fifteen. No, today's the ninth, That would be June ninth of twenty fifteen is one of them. Spittle came in and complained.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. It seems like our old program director is always mad at me. You always did a lot to tee him off. Yeah, you know, I miss him. Shout out to Gavin if you're out there, buddy, I'm not gonna start. Okay, here we go. Christina. Yes, I don't know why I thought of you, because it's not something I think you would like. Maybe I should have thought it been. But it's a pizza story. Okay. Ten years ago Pizza Hut announced their hot dog bites pizzas coming. I do not remember that. So the crust is like pigs in a banket. That is disgusting. It's so grossly that is so disgusting. What did it last a week? I think it did not go well for them. Did they actually go out of business because of this? Yeah, it's one time that someone out pizza in the Hut. They're like, yeah, we just didn't put hot dogs on the cross. Very strange. Yeah, oh, that's so disgusting. Do you want indigestion? The pizza story and they're not all good pizza stories, that's fair. Okay, this is a weird one. American pharaoh won the Triple crown. Do you know what happened this year? American pharaoh came back from the dead. Not again. No, the winner of the Kentucky Derby didn't run in the Preakness. Oh, that's right, So we have no chance of getting a triple crown.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Horse racing is a sport. Do better. It's like the only thing people were watching for that is.
Speaker 8: You know, golf gets accused of a lot, but nothing is rich person sport more than horse racing. Horse racing is the most rich person sport ever. Tennis golfs down there on the list.
Speaker 2: Dude, Tennis was awesome over the weekend. Tennis and Derek and Tony Parker were there. Nice, Yeah, they were. Carlos Alcatraz. It's my guy. I like Coco, he's been my guy for a while. Coco great, Coco great, so good. She should endorse Coco post. Oh. I was waiting for your cocoa shrimp comment. Oh have you been to shrimp? Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 8: You were over by cocoa shrimp because there was one over there in the near south Side area.
Speaker 2: When you were at Cicada last night, you were five minutes or less away from a cocoa shrimp. Had no idea. They're good. It's so good, very good. If you like butter, I like butter their butter shrimp rice things. Oh my god, ten years ago. Yep, this week the Warriors beat the Calves of the finals. Oh did they win four?
Speaker 8: They have won four, but their fourth came recently like they did three years ago. Yeah, three out of four years. Yeah, and the Cavaliers got snuck in there and got them one. And then also keep in mind the Raptors snuck in there and got them one.
Speaker 2: So when twenty nineteen the Warriors beat Cleveland, that was Lebron's first year going back to Cleveland from Miami, and the twenty fifteen one, yes, and then I think the Calves won in twenty sixteen, which is what got Kevin Durant there, or maybe that happened sooner. Yeah, might have to look, no, no, no, yeah, twenty yeah, we traded Fronto in twenty fifteen, right, it feels like twenty fifteen. Yeah, Okay, then yes, the first one would have been twenty fifteen. And then I think the Cavs got him one, which is what Kevin got. Kevin Durant we traded for Dwight Powell in twenty fifteen. Incredible. I kind of hope he's the Keenan Thompson of the MAVs, like he's fifteen stills on the roster. They could be wonderful. Yeah, they should actually look into that. That could be great. I don't know that they should look into His marketing team should get it's a great thing to market. Yeah, the Dwight Powell marketing team. Let's take about the last guy on the roster gets to play anyways, Dwight poalell is a wonderful guy to be a part of the team, though, because everybody it's almost like he's a coach, and it's kind of like what people are talking about with Markith Morris.
Speaker 8: They were like, why wouldn't you just make markquif a coach. It's like, because once you're a coach, you're not a player, and it's different. I'm just Keenan to you right now, yeah, or you're deriving Keenan to be right. Yeah, players interact like he can't become a show producer. The cast members won't treat Keenan the same way. You're in the bunker or you're not in the bunker, you know what I'm saying. And so the second crossover to the coaches, you got one foot in the bunker, one foot out the bunker the Dallas.
Speaker 2: Backs ten ten years ago this week? Did you know that Brad Pitt and Angelina Julie were still together ten years ago?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Who are they not still together?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Who's he with?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 7: Who's she with?
Speaker 2: I don't think he discloses who he's with. They had a very public falling out, and their divorce or separation or whatever was like in courts because really they adopted a bunch of kids from all over the globe together. I remember that part of Yeah, so there's I think it's been like five years. Looks like they announced their divorce in twenty sixteen but just got finalized in twenty twenty four. Oka. Well, you know, when you have so many adopted kids, I imagine it takes forever to get those divorce papers read and look through and the stamp of approval. There's an allegation about him getting very angry on a plane. There's a lot of things there.
Speaker 8: So I have a buddy and him and his wife had adopted three kids from Ghana, and they're you know, my buddy, him and his wife. They're white people, right, and so it's very unique when you're whitey white guy raising kids from Africa. So his daughter went to a historic black college, and so he took her to parent's weekend, and of course he's the only white guy there except for one other person, and it was Angelina joe Lee who was there taking her.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, so he hung out with Angelina and Joey because they were the only white people at the historically black college on whatever parent weekend when you're first taking your kid to college. Pretty sure, crazy yeah? Uh f won the movie June twenty seventh, right two hours and thirty six minutes and why can't we get anything? Wait for one time? Half one movie where I forgot to ask you, I can get you in that. What do you want to go the absolutely let me look at so you had a premiere to hang out and introduce Brad Pitt. Now now it's not that part. It's not like a bit situation. But I get these because I think it's an Apple thing. Because Brad Pitt didn't care about promoting the theater. He didn't care about the people that Tom Cruise does. I would love to go see all right, I'll look at my mail. I forgot. I'm sorry, how are you gonna just like lose that in your inbox now I'll find it. Also, this week ten years ago is when we found out that all the Brady bunch of kids were all hooking up with each other behind this Oh that's amazing, that is amazing. Cindy came out and oh who does Cindy hook up with? Was she a little bitty too young? But she was the one who saw it all and was probably scarred by it. She told an Australian news outlet that there was a lot of making out happening on set, Lindy and Bobby, Jan and Peter, Marcia and Greg. So Jane got to Peter. So Cindy was hooking up with Bobby Peter. I thought that was the character's name, the Peter. Peter's the one who had like the who had the best career.
Speaker 10: It was Peter.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, what's your name? Susan O'Day? Was that Marcia?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I wait, Marsha is the oldest. Now I'm confused. She went on to be on La Law. Right, Oh, I don't know, I remember Peter. I can of a member of the party. Barry Williams is Peter right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He was the one who was doing a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 8: Can you look up Susan O'Day right quick and see if she was on the Partridge Family or I'm confused now I'm an old man.
Speaker 2: Was it the dad gay in real life?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: So he wasn't hooking up with Florence Paderson, and I think he was gay on the show. He kind of was.
Speaker 8: That was That was because it was the sixties and you couldn't be out and you know, you had to be in the closet. So, yeah, it was a show about a beard. Alice was not gay because she was hooking up with Sam the Butcher. Yeah, like like Sam the Butcher bringing Alice the meat.
Speaker 2: A dumb show. It's a great line in a Beastie Boy song. What a dumb show? It was on all the time as a kid, Brady Bunch, A lot of the stuff from your childhood on every morning on TBS. We'll never forget it. H that's probably enough, man, there's not too much more that's interesting. Give me, give me one more. No, I don't really want to. Did you ever find out about Susan O'Day No, I don't.
Speaker 9: Think I spelt her name a right, But there's a Susan o Day and something about Mary and me, myself and Irene.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, who's Susan O Day? Maybe I'm saying her name wrong. Look up La Law Susan and just see what pops up Susan O Day from there's something about Mary, No La Law Susan and see what comes up. Probably saying her name wrong, you're thinking Olsen. Oh that's Susan Olsen is sindy Okay, Okay, Susan Day, Susan Day, La Law, Susan Day d e y okay. And then what what was she a child star in?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Look up Susan Day and what she was a child star in? Okay? Okay, I see here she's seventy two now the Partridge fan, Partridge fan, the whole family. Wow stuff. Yeah, I told I told you guys it was possible. What a goof?
Speaker 8: All right, it's the beIN In skin Show and we're gonna rap for today. But I'll never forget the time Kat looked up Susan Day on the internet. He looked at that internet picture, he looked at it dead in the eye, and he said to.
Speaker 2: It, well that'll do it for this one. And then it ended.
Speaker 8: But that's okay, because Christine is going to stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sack backed.
Speaker 4: Dude had enough fun in games. A great summer,