Speaker 1: All right, will he do tariffs? Won't he do tariffs? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Tariffs? Won't he do tariffs? What will it cost you? And where will it affect you the most? We're going to tell you on this Monday edition of the Corral Cast. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Uncensored, unfiltered, fun hinged. It's the cuel Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: It is the cral Cast.
Speaker 2: I am Carrel, silvery glad you are joining me on this magical Monday February. What third is it? Yes, my god, already three days into February. Well, there's been Today's show going to be a little all over the place, just so you know, because there's been a lot going on in the world, and now the world is moving at lightning speed and most of us don't know what to make of it. Trump announced over the weekend that there'd be tariffs on Mexico, Canada, and China, and he's twenty five percent for It's like Oprah. You get twenty five percent, you get twenty five percent, you get ten percent, ten percent on China, twenty five on Canada, twenty five on Mexico. Now this morning he has announced that he's going to hold off on Mexico for one month because they've promised to send troops to the border to combat the fentanyl. Now the fentanyl excuse has been eviscerated by whatever credible members of the media there are left, and you know this is not about fentanyl. In fact, no one is really sure what this is about, as Elon Musk gets a hold of our treasury money and that's a shame, and so now he knows where payments are going, including to his competitors. So I don't know how the audio sounds today, by the way, and if it's bad, I'll correct it over the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: I'm trying some new audio setups. Also, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Be trying restream this week so we can go live on TikTok and Instagram, because I can't keep doing this if we don't grow the show, because I fear I'm going to be cut off soci security disability because I think he's going to put an end to it.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: But you know, the tariffs are the one thing that he's doing outside of Social Security that really has me worried.
Speaker 1: Now, the whole LGBTQ thing and the trans thing.
Speaker 2: Will address that when we talk about the Grammys in the third segment. But the real thing that he has me worried about are the tariffs against Mexico and Canada. And that's because I am standing. I'm doing the show today from the kitchen with a wireless setup, so there may be more background noise, or it may be coming out of just one ear.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: But because this is the most important room in your house, first of all, more outside of your bedroom because sleep.
Speaker 1: There's two rooms in.
Speaker 2: Your bedroom that are the most important room in your house, the kitchen and the bedroom. Because the two things you need out of your house are to you be able to cook nutritious food and be able to sleep. Okay, those that's what you need a home for, to cook and to sleep, because those are the two things that humans cannot do without outside of water. So we need water, air, food, and sleep. That's all we need. Okay, as a human, those are your needs.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I know that we always hear about, you know, all these other needs, But no, I need a Porsche. No, you need water, you need air, you need food, and you need sleep. That's it. That's what you need. So this room here, my kitchen, my little kitchen here at Maizamboule with my little robe from a Visit belonged to Andrew Lee Howard, my late husband, and this was his apron that he wore at Mime's Cafe when I first met him. He had a job at Mimi's Cafe, which was also the Friend Market. If you're a French quarter, if you live in Los Angeles and used to go on Santa Monica Boulevard to that fabulous restaurant, Mimi's Cafe was associated with them.
Speaker 1: He worked there.
Speaker 2: This was his apron, Andrew Howard's apron. I have now kept it for twenty five years. Anyway, So this is the most important room in your house. And this is a room that will be hit very hard by tariffs in Mexico. Okay, this room because sixty percent, up to sixty percent of what is in this kitchen when it comes to fruits, vegetables, all kinds of things come from Mexico. And now look it's already too expensive. Okay, let me walk over here to the bananas and to the mangoes and all of that. So well, sorry, I went out a camera there. So these bananas are from Mexico.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: They are currently about twenty to thirty cents per banana.
Speaker 1: They would go up to fifty sixty seventy cents per banana. This mango right here, which I love. I love mangoes.
Speaker 2: They're currently a dollar fifty to two dollars each, many of them again grown in Mexico.
Speaker 1: This would go up.
Speaker 2: And then when you talk about vegetables which you're supposed to be eating, spinach, avocados which is a fruit, but still avocados, tomatoes, these are all things that we get from Mexico. I think Americans think that we grow all of our food here in this country because of all the farm subsidies. But the fact of the matter.
Speaker 1: Is we do not.
Speaker 2: Okay, we do not grow a majority of our food in this country.
Speaker 1: Should we?
Speaker 2: I mean, is there a valid argument for the United States to be self sufficient when it comes to food production?
Speaker 1: You bet your bippies, but we are not. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, every morning, I wanted to do this on meatless Monday, by the way, today's meat this Monday. Every morning, before I go to the park and after I work out, I do a little drink. And if you're trying to be a plant based eater, I recommend you follow me in this drink. Okay, it's about two hundred calories for the drink, so it's not low calories, but it's well worth it. And again this would all go up if these tariffs come into place. This is flax, ground flax A. You can make eggs out of it, but you know in a baking recipe it'll take the place of egg. But b it's chalk full of wonderful vitamins, flavonoids, Omega three, Omega sixes. So I do one tablespoon of flax. This is currently about four to five dollars a pound. That would go up to six to eight dollars a pound with the tariffs. So one tablespoon of flax, one tablespoon of hemp. Hearts a really great source of the Omega threes and Omega sixes protein. There's protein in the flax as well. There's protein in here as well, Omega three, Omega sixes, and many other vitamins. So one tablespoon of hemparts. These are eleven dollars a pound. If these tariffs go into.
Speaker 1: Effect, these could go up to fifteen dollars a pound.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've got hemp parts, we've got flax, then chia seeds. By the way, you should be eating all this stuff because we need to put more seeds in our diet. Chia seeds one tablespoon of that. These are about five dollars a pound. They'll go up, whole husk, cilium fiber, one tablespoon of that.
Speaker 1: You gotta get you fiber.
Speaker 2: Then a cheese spoon of creatine vegan because if you're a vegan you're not eating creatine. Always good to have some, particularly if you work out. And then the most expensive one scoop of protein powder vegan. And guess what. This probably has lead in it. And today Elon Musk and Donald Trump and now they're going to remove the federal lead standard for food. No amount of lead is safe in your food, okay, none zero. This has lead in it, probably because of the soil. Okay, they don't add in the lead. They use pea protein and other proteins that come from plants in the soil, and the soil is substandard wherever they're growing this.
Speaker 1: So it's got lead. Probably. I called. They assure me there's none in it, but I don't believe them.
Speaker 2: However, let or not, this is already thirty dollars a container, okay, thirty bucks. You can find it for nineteen this brand here at Kroger or the equate brand at Walmart for nineteen dollars a container. But it's got like twenty eight grams of protein per scoop, so it's a good thing. So I take that and I put it all in here, and I do it by the day, and each day they're there's a scoop of protein, a tablespoon of chia, a tablespoon of hemp, hearts, a tablespoon of flat a tablespoon.
Speaker 1: Of fiber, and a tea spoon of creatude. All of that will go up. You should be taking all of that lass when me come back. What magic sorcery is this?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you about that, talk more about the Terra, and we'll get to the Grammys too.
Speaker 1: So don't go anywhere right here on the Corel Cast.
Speaker 2: Step Patreon YouTube dot com, forward slash Patreon dot com because I can't.
Speaker 1: Want that part the Correll Cast.
Speaker 2: Then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corell channel. Just go to YouTube dot com, forward slash really Correll that's kr L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, We're in my kitchen, the most one of the most important rooms in the house and one of the rooms that will be the most deeply affected by the Trump tariffs against Mexico in particular and Canada.
Speaker 1: A lot of fruits and vegetables that we eat and seeds.
Speaker 2: The reason I showed you what I do every day, A teaspoon of creatine and then a tablespoon of hemp, hearts, a tablespoon of flax, a tablespoon of chia, and then a scoop of protein powder and then a scoop of silium husk is because you don't need enough seeds and you should, okay, you should eat more seeds. And they're a good source of protein and vitamins and minerals and omega threes. And they're going to go up because we get a lot of seeds from Mexico and Canada, and so you know, when people are policies, okay, and I can't stress this enough in government, people are policies. So when you hear about tariffs, first of all, we pay those the country that you know is being tariffed doesn't pay.
Speaker 1: We pay.
Speaker 2: And if you think that grocery stores are going to only increase twenty five percent, you're wrong. If they're getting if they're paying twenty five percent more, they're going to charge you fifty percent more. That means do you know we get eighty percent of our peppers from Mexico, which makes sense, Riva Riva. And so you know red or green peppers, which they're all the same pepper. How many of you knew that a green pepper turns into a red pepper, which turns into an orange pepper.
Speaker 1: They're all the same pepper.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can buy a green pepper and it will turn into a red pepper, or it will turn into a green pepper. Just leave it set out. I think I have proof of that. No, not up there, and I'm out of peppers at the moment. But so everything in this kitchen, and you meat eaters, good luck, I mean good luck. Beef and chicken will skyrocket. So you got a one month reprieve because he's a bully and he bullied Mexico and they didn't back down.
Speaker 1: Neither has Canada.
Speaker 2: And Canada said they will retaliate against Red states.
Speaker 1: In particular, they will make.
Speaker 2: Sure that the things that they ban or charge tariffs for in their country come from Red states. They want to punish Trump voters, and I'm for it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this room, the most important room in.
Speaker 2: Your house, the kitchen outside of the bedroom, although you could sleep in the kitchen if you needed to, is where you're going to feel the pinch. Do you know that in Ireland? In Ireland, over ten restaurants a day closed. Last year, in America over two hundred restaurants a day.
Speaker 1: Clothes okay, two hundred a day. Those are now.
Speaker 2: I love going out to eat lunch, I really I haven't been. I went to the Zi's Indian Buffet, which was fine, nineteen dollars for my vegan lunch that I made them.
Speaker 1: The poster for. But they always have.
Speaker 2: Given ember a chicken leg off the buffet because I order the vegan lunch, which is not on the buffet, they always give her a chicken leg from the buffet, and they always give me a small cup of lentil soup. From the buffet because they just do I help them. I've done graphics for them. I'm a regular customer. I went the other day. They charged me four ninety five for that chicken leg and cup of soup in addition to my nineteen dollars lunch. With tax and tip, it was thirty one dollars for lunch. I can't do that, and I'm going to tell the owner because she charged me for that chicken leg and little cup of soup literally four ounces of soup that they never charged me in the past for Plus they now charge three percent if you're going to use a credit card. So I don't have that, and no butcher twenty two dollars basically with.
Speaker 1: Tax and tip for lunch, I don't have that.
Speaker 2: Well, if these tariffs take effect and restaurants are charged twenty five percent more for their food, they're going to raise their prices again. People are already not going to restaurants. Two hundred a day are closing. If he does this, countless restaurants will close because you know, you don't have thirty or forty bucks for lunch, and they will entreser now eighteen back me up in the chat room by the way, we're having a fun chat at YouTube dot com. Forward slash really correl at my patrons. You know what, It's almost at one thousand dollars now and I can't live without that. I cannot live without that. So and that's the difference between this show and any other. Stephanie Miller and I love.
Speaker 1: Her, I love her. Please listen to her.
Speaker 2: She can talk about the terrorists, but she's wealthy compared to me, so she's not really gonna feel it. David Pacman, Tom Hartman. Oh, they'll rally about these but they're not gonna take you into their kitchen and show you how it's going to directly affect them. They're not going to tell you that they're not gonna be able to go to lunch now because they.
Speaker 1: Have the money. You know, I love liberals, I do.
Speaker 2: I love every liberal out there, but the fact is, most liberals, Rachel Maddow, most liberal members of media are wealthier than me. So I'm telling you right now, Steve and I have actually talked about the fact that we may not be able to actually eat three meals a day if this goes in. We might have to eat two because groceries will just be too expensive. Thank Youpatreon, Patreon dot com, forward slash really carrel. By the way, when I go, I got this the other day off of Amazon. It's a fabulous little thing. Do you see it? It scull little thing in here that's call a little silver thing and this oo eeke. I highly recommend you get something like this and take it to restaurants for leftovers. That way you don't have to use those plastic things. And I actually bring soup with me now, like no butcher doesn't sell soup, So if I want a soup and sandwich, I bring my own soup. It's also great for leftovers. Highly recommend it. It was only eleven dollars. All right, it is meatless Monday. Y'all heard about textured vegetable protein.
Speaker 1: Have you? It looks like cracked up soybean shells, because that's what it is, okay, And I have.
Speaker 2: To tell you if you want to make a sloppy joe, if you want to make a maranara sauce, if you want to make anything that you would put ground meat in, if you want to make a burger patty, textured vegetable protein is the thing. So for meatless Monday, I'm telling you, get you some of this. It's seventy calories per serving. You rehydrate it, okay, by soaking it. I use stock. Heat up some stock. Soak a quarter cup of this in it. You'll get almost a cup of it once it's rehydrated. And put it in any recipe you'd put in ground meat. And it's fabulous textured textured vegetable protein. It's cracked up soy shells basically filled with protein, just filled with protein. So get you some, Okay, get some, because this shit is good. Okay, this the shiz right here, and it's so versatile you can use it for so many things. I use it in sauces I used, I mean burgers out of it because you can rehydrate it and then make form it into a patty and mix it with some black beans and some peppers and some garlic onion. Make yourself a patty baby like LaBelle. I mean, it's good shit. So get yourself on meatless Monday. Textured vegetable protein. I use Anthony if I'm not paid to say that. I get it online and it's a great product. And this bag has lasted me eight months, so it's not like you're gonna need it every week. Un let's have a huge family, but really get you some of this on meatless Monday. Make yourself a burger, make yourself a sloppy Joe. Don't use that Beyond stuff. Okay, use it sparingly. If you want a really great sloppy Joe, yeah, get the Beyond. But if you want a really great sloppy Joe that doesn't taste like Beyond, get this chalk full of protein. If I have my glasses, oh I do have my glasses. I get new ones in a week.
Speaker 1: Twelve grams per quarter cup. That's you know, good.
Speaker 2: When we come back, it was music's biggest night, and our national night is over.
Speaker 1: What am I talking about? Of course the granting of which I vote, So when we come back, you'll get a voting member's opinion on what went on last night in Los Angeles at the Crypto.
Speaker 2: Ray Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com. Forward slash Really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash Really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash Really Correll.
Speaker 1: There's so much great free.
Speaker 2: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablets. All social media is really Corell, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com forwards last, Really Correl, Thanks for almost thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gig Eye and his little dog.
Speaker 1: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 2: Hello, my darlings, and welcome back to Correl's kitchen with Coral.
Speaker 1: To a whole cooking video and the voice of Julia Child. I'm Julia Child, I'm Julia Lovechild. I'm Julia's love child.
Speaker 2: That I should start this whole persona, get in drag and cook as Julia's love child, and I guarantee you, I would make more money. You know what when I do the one over the weekend. I proved that if I do one minute videos and release them, they get ten times a hundred times the views of my regular podcast one minute videos. I get two three four thousand views. Go figure, I should dress.
Speaker 1: In drag and be Julia's love child and be in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being in drag in the kitchen Jesus Christ, I can't. It is a work zone in here. Let me get all this out of the way here for you don't forget to have your seeds.
Speaker 1: I insist you start doing the seeds.
Speaker 2: You start doing hemp hearts, chia seeds, flax seeds, protein powder, and whole hostilium fiber. I thought about selling that, I really did. I thought about selling you what I drink every day, the protein, chia seed, all of that hemp heart and you know fiber.
Speaker 1: All that.
Speaker 2: I really did think about selling, like thirty a pack, you know, another thirty servings for a lot.
Speaker 1: But I'd have to sell it for like sixty or seventy bucks.
Speaker 2: A month because of the price of everything. Okay, so the Grammys were last night. You know, I vote on them. I voted on them since nineteen ninety five. I went to my first Grammy Awards at.
Speaker 1: Twenty in nineteen e eighty two. Yeah, I'm old and.
Speaker 2: It's always bittersweet. I said something during the Grammys that I'm going to share with you. My life turned out exactly as I expected, just not what I wanted. Now some of you might relate to that, and let me explain that my life. When I was a kid, I thought, of course you're going to go to the Grammys. You'll go as an artist. You know, you'll collect your Grammy or at least be nominated. Of course you'll go to Oscar. You want to make films, so of course you're going to go to Oscar. And of course you'll go to Emmy because you're gonna do television, so of course you'll go to Emmy. So I thought I would be at all those award shows. And I have for forty years been at all those award shows. I've just been on the other side of the velvet rope except Grammy. I am now a voting member and I'm on the other side of the velvet rope, and I'm releasing a new single very soon.
Speaker 1: So I can't wait for that.
Speaker 2: So first of all, they tried not to be a telethon and turned exactly into a telethon. They were dancing a very fine line because of the fires. You know, how do we do this respectfully? I think they did a good job of being respectful.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I don't like how Trevor Noah just walks out while they're all milling about and he's like, you know, there's not applause when they come back and all of that.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: But whatever, So the long national nightmare is over. Beyonce one album of the Year. I voted for her for Cowboy Carter for Album of the Year. She has never won. She's been nominated ninety nine times for various awards, various Grammys, and never won Album of the Year. So she did, which is and that I know they thought she was going to win Record of the Year, which is why they had the eighty year old Diana Ross come out, who had problems with the teleprompter. I thought she might be demented at first, but it was the teleprompter because I'm sure they thought that Beyonce, and you know, Diana was gonna present to Beyonce they love each other.
Speaker 1: But however, Kendrick Lamar won three huge awards.
Speaker 2: And I got to tell you, no one I know and Grammy voted for Kendrick Lamar. I have no idea how he beat Beyoncey and Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: I really don't.
Speaker 2: And I'm a voting member, and I hang out with voting members, and I go to events with voting members and they just don't seem like the type to vote for Kendrick Lamar, but obviously they did, and enough numbers to get him those awards that he won. I don't like Kendrick Lamar, I don't dislike him, but I don't listen to rap, So good for him.
Speaker 1: Glad he won.
Speaker 2: Made a very poignant speech, but the Evening's Chapel ron how fabulous. A she announced she was gay and b When she did her acceptance speech, she said, labels start treating artists better, start giving them healthcare, a living wage. You know we've got your back, labels, how about you have ours. That was an credible and the presentation of Best New Artist was possibly the best performances Benson Boone, who they keep comparing to Freddie Mercury. He's no Freddie Mercury, but he might be as gay as Freddie Mercury. And then they had Ray Raye love her, love her. She's like a black Amy winehouse. She's fabulous. Oh my god, she's good. Dochi who again, I don't like rap, but Doci from Tampa gave possibly the best choreographed performance since Janet Jackson.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean just an incredible performance.
Speaker 2: All of them did excellent Chapel Roan Pink Pony Club, which was about her being free once she got to La to be who she wanted to be. She's very queer positive. Lady Gaga having to say that trans people are visible and the queer community deserves love.
Speaker 1: We're right back there again.
Speaker 2: We're right back to the point where you got to say, please love gay people, Please don't discriminate against trans people. It tries me fucking crazy, but oh well, we're right back. So that was fabulous.
Speaker 1: Bruno Mars looked like Bruno.
Speaker 2: Kanye West brought his hostage, I mean wife or hostage. What's the combination between wife and hostage?
Speaker 1: Hostage?
Speaker 2: And she was in this naked outfit which I'm sure he made her wear and then they didn't go inside after the red carpet they left, So that was he's so weird.
Speaker 1: And she's being held captive.
Speaker 2: You know, someone should I think she's giving that sign, you know, that sign with your hand where you put your thumb here and you do this if.
Speaker 1: You're needing help.
Speaker 2: I think someone might have missed that because on the red carpet, I think she was standing there, you know, please help me, Please help me, because she really looked like a hostage.
Speaker 1: What else happened?
Speaker 2: Any big surprises outside of Kendrick Lamar, Not really a lot of great performances. They only gave out nine awards during the four hours, and then I started watching it noon. It's called the premiere episode or the premiere broadcast, where they gave out eighty they'd be eighty five awards, And there were some surprises at that which were great fun. I did watch them. A lot of them were boring, but a lot of them there were some that were fun. Some of them were really joyously happy to be getting their Grammys.
Speaker 1: Did it help, you know?
Speaker 2: And then this whole thing about the weekend he was gonna he boycotted the Grammys.
Speaker 1: He said, it's not fair they don't. The voting is weird. So that the president of our academy came out and said, we heard him, and we've done you know, we've become more transparent blah blah blah, and now welcoming back the weekend.
Speaker 2: Fuck the weekend. Okay, I don't like his music. I think he is overrated. And the fact that Grammy would come instead. He should have come out, Harvey Mason should have come out and said, Chapel Rohan's right, labels, we're gonna start challenging you to give health.
Speaker 1: Care and a living wage to your artist.
Speaker 2: No, instead, we bowed down to the weekend and made changes, so he came back. Fuck cares. He could have stayed gone for all I care. What an overrated thing he is. And Kendrick Lamar is gonna be the halftime show at the super Bowl this weekend, so I don't have to watch the super Bowl. Whooo, I normally watch for the halftime show. I have no desire to see him. So Grammy's, you know, music biggest night?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The fire Aid concert seemed like a bigger night. Had to have two venues, went for five hours, had every known star.
Speaker 1: In the universe. So between those two is a great weekend for music.
Speaker 2: I am proud of Grammy for honoring people like Chapel Roone. I am proud of Grammy for people like Lady Gaga saying what she was, you know, saying what she said. Gaga, by the way, bought time to debut her new single, Abracadabra.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they didn't have her performing on the show, but it's just so.
Speaker 2: MasterCard teamed up with her and had her new single there, so that was pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: All in all, a fun night, great performances. Some shout out.
Speaker 2: Taylor didn't walk home with any awards. Beyonce, they walked home with three.
Speaker 1: And her golden globe. I still don't see how she's married the best man, but whatever, I am. Corel you who you want to be in pundon hurt your Boddy. We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll be in the kitchen now that I know how to go wire lits. Maybe I won't be Maybe I'll be over there. Maybe i'll be over there. Hey, friends, I love you. We'll do a fall on Sunday. Oh wait, it's super Bowl.
Speaker 1: No we won't. We'll do it the following Sunday, so you guys can.
Speaker 3: Watch bloodcasting from a completely different plea of view. Yours. Listen daily to the corel cast done your favorite streaming service. It's broodcasting from a completely different plan of view. Yours. Listen daily to the corell cast done your favorite streaming service.