Speaker 1: You're listening to Big for Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's account is from a retired Air Force veteran, mental health therapist and someone who spent her entire life in the woods. And this episode goes from the pine forest of Texas to the swamps of Louisiana, the back roads of Washington and the shadows of the Olympic National Forest. What did Kay experience throughout the years. You'll have to listen to her story to find out. So stay with us, all right, Big Fort Society, You've got the privilege of talking to Kay today. Kay is an individual. She is a mental health therapist, a retired US Air Force veteran, and an explorer of the wilderness. So it's a pleasure to have Kay on the show today. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: Today, Hi, I'm doing great. Thank you. It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we're having a nice chat. Before the recording started, sounds like we have a lot of ground to cover. You've really had some interesting experiences over the years, so I want to make sure that you have the time that you need, so you know, feel free to take us back to where you would like to start with this whole conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, I did make a list so I could kind of try to keep it in the timeline in chronological orders. So I'll start from the early seventies. My first I didn't even know it was anything at the time. I was a child, but I was playing out in my uncle, aunt and uncle's guard in Texas and there's a lot of forest around. It's on our family property that's about three hundred acres and it's pretty forested. We usually have our trees cut down every few years, you know, to try to turn a profit. But the trees were grown at the time, and I was making mud pies outside with my cousins and they went inside. I stayed out to finish up, and I started hearing some hammering in the woods, and I'm like, okay, who's building something on the family of property? Is my first thought, because it sounded like they were hammering, and it just kept on and kept on. I think my aunt had heard that, and she came running to the door and she said, we're in here before the wood burgers get you. And I'm like, what is a wood boger? And she wouldn't answer. She made me go inside, so I went inside and I'm like, I'm gonna be smart. I'm gonna ask my dad what a wood burger is. And I did that and the room got silent and they looked at me, and I never got an answer. So that was the end of that. I didn't really attribute that to an encounter until more recently, listening to your show. That's when I started realizing that maybe that wasn't an encounter. When I was really young, probably about five or six, my first encounter that I remember, well, actually I didn't remember. It was really traumatic for me. Me and my sister were on the neighbor's farm in Louisiana and we were sleeping. It was a few feet away from the window, maybe about three or four feet, and they had no curtains. So we're sleeping there and I wake up and raise up home on the other side of my sister. I raise up and I see sasquatch in the window staring at me, at my sister. My sister was covered up, and I shook her and said, what is that? And she said it's nothing good to sleep. I waid back down and I was thinking, why would she say that? And finally I that's not really a word, but it's kind of funny. I thought, well, she's closer to the windows so and she's older than me. She's telling me it's nothing, So I'm just going to accept that and go back to sleep. And that was the end of that encounter. But I locked out out of my memory for several years until my sister reminded me and she drew a picture of it. I don't have that picture anywhere I can find it right now, but she drew a picture of what we saw. But yeah, so that was my first encounter, and I had nightmares about that for quite some years. And it's kind of funny because every time I watched Roote Off the Red Nose reindeer when I was a kid, that reminded me of that and just terrified me. Let's see the second time, and this one is the first time. I remember. It was about nineteen seventy eight or seventy nine. A friend of mine, I actually posted this one on the Texas Bigfoot Research Center website. Me and my friend we would we had fireworks. That was around the fourth of July, and we were popping firecrackers, yelling and listening to the echoes in the forest bouncing back and having a good time shooting. We had some four ten guns we were shooting that and anyway, that was during the day. At night, we went to bed and they didn't have air conditioner hooked up yet, so they'd left the windows open and we were laying in bed. There was a window behind me and a window behind my friend that was staying there. And something came to the window at night. And there's a lot of details to the site. It's probably best if you do go to the website and read it. But something came to the window and it was breathing really heavy. I can't imitate the sound because you could tell the lung capacity was just so much. I froze. I was a froze allid in bed. The lady that made the bed tucked the corners of the sheet and so tight. But all I could do was just kind of scoot over really slowly to try to get out of the bed. If them busted through the screen. Nothing ever happened. But what ended this encounter was the clock chiming in the other room. It stopped it. It took about three minutes for this to happen, and this thing vanished. I looked out the window that I saw nothing. There was dead silence during this event. Also, they had a German shepherd chained up outside that went under the house while this event was taking place. I know it was not a bear. I don't think there were any bears in Louisiana at this time, so I'm pretty certain this was a sasquatch at the window. This is the same location as the first encounter when I was watching me and my sister. That was my Louisiana encounters.
Speaker 1: Is a few things about these situations. So they're both in Louisiana. Were they both in the same house then?
Speaker 2: Now the person actually had a trailer during the first one. It was like one of those old nineteen fifties trailers that had built out of real thin wood on the walls and single pane windows that were really thin. Just think it a busted through the window if it wanted to. The second they had put a house on the property, but it was right by where the trailer was. They used the trailer for storage at the time, and it was really close and they had a little electric fence around the yard to keep They have some cows on the property. They put a little electric fence up around the house to keep the cows away from the house. Another thing that made me realize it had to have been a sasquatches because the German shepherd it was about nine months old, it was pretty tall, and it barked at people. If it was a person, I think it would have barked at them. I don't think it was a wild animal because of the fence, so it had to be something I figured that stepped over that fence to come to the house, and so a little couple of clues that I have that it was actually a sasquatch coming there. I didn't actually see it though, so on the website, I don't. It wasn't considered a classic a setting because of that.
Speaker 1: Now the first one you had actually seen it in the window?
Speaker 2: Correct did? I did? And I cannot recall exactly what his face looked like. I feel like I and I didn't remember the sighting for like thirty years until my sister brought it up. My mom made fun of me all the time if I said anything about a monster in the woods, and she would buy toys and make fun of me when she would give me the toys and stuff. So I really, yeah, I felt like those two really calls me a lot of trauma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you didn't ask for that, and to be made fun of on top of that, And trauma is a real thing. People don't realize what it does to you. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
Speaker 2: Did you ever okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Did you ever talk or did it come up with any of the neighbors as well in that area?
Speaker 2: You know when we woke up the next morning. No, not about the first one when it was looking in the window. And my sister never talked about it, and she only told me about it in the early two thousands because I had told her about my second encounter where it was at the window breathing through the window, and then she kind of said, well, don't you remember when it was staring at us through the window? And I was like no, and I said and then it started coming back to me a little bit. I remember that day we were outside, me and my sister were flying kites, and my kite flew away the wind was long and so hard and got lodged in trees in the woods. We were also watching the shooting stars at night, and then we finally went to bed, probably around ten thirty or eleven and then I assume it's probably around twelve to one or two or something when it was looking through the window.
Speaker 1: One last question about these this group, the windows that were in question, how high up off the ground approximately? Were those.
Speaker 2: Good to ask? Because I actually went and measured. The one in the trailer was probably around It wasn't that high. It may even four and a half to five foot off the ground, so the thing would have been kind of hunched over looking through. And when my sister drew the picture, she drew kind of the outline of the shoulders and just a pup of a head looking through the window, and she said it looked kind of like a caveman that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh man, wow. Does she still believe that she had a sighting? To this day?
Speaker 2: She doesn't talk about it. That's the only time we've ever discussed it. She doesn't want to talk about it. I get it, don't.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I mean, that's the thing listeners do not understand. I think, how for everything you hear on this show, there are a lot of people that will not go on air, or we get to the time when they're going to be interviewed and they just don't show up and that is okay. I'm totally fine with that because a lot of people are very you know, aware of of of their livelihood and their jobs and how that could affect it. And so anyone that is able to come on the show, I really do appreciate and never take that for granted that they are able to come on the show. But so all this so far has happened in the nineteen seventies, and I'm at yes, so nineteen seventy eight, ninety seventy nine. How what was your age approximately there?
Speaker 2: I was around thirteen, gotcha? Gotcha?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, yeah, feel free to thank you for answering my questions there, you feel free to continue with your accounts.
Speaker 2: Okay, that I had a counter in Texas, so I went to basic training, and I was going to be stationed in Germany, and I wanted to go to the property before going overseas. So me and my friend I asked him if he wanted to go hunting. I didn't really want to hunt, but I wanted to go out to the property. But I did take my dad's gun with me. We both went out and we both had a stand to sit in. While I was sitting in the deer stand. It was probably around five in the morning. It was about twenty degrees outside. I had all my camouflage on. I noticed something walking out of the woods and then walking along the tree line, and it was at least six foot to seven foot tall. Now I kind of rubbed my eyes and I'm like, am I really seeing this? I couldn't make out features because it was like a full moon night, but I could see the shape of a body walking in the woods on our family property. This is back on our family property again. And it just kept coming closer and closer. It didn't see me, so I clicked the safety off the gun because I mean, if it got too close, I didn't know what would happen. So I clicked the safety off the gun. As soon as I did, it started walking backwards and it looked over towards me. Then I just went and made out what I was. It spun around and ran into the woods, and then I saw a tree shaking like violently, and that kind of made me realize I did see something. I'm physically seeing the tree move. It's no longer just a shadow walking along the side of the trees. So the next morning I was terrified to come out of the trees, out of the tree stand, but I finally did. My friend came got me. We went down to look for footprints. We didn't see any footprints, but I could see where it went into the trees, and we went back to check it out to see if it left anything. There was weirdly, just a bucket hanging on the tree there, but it was full of pine straw, so I don't know. I think maybe my family had left that up there, but it did run in that area and it shook that big tree that the bucket was hanging on. We walked down to see where it came out of the trees, and this is really funny because I saw the trail where it came out. It looked no bigger than something a fox might use. I mean, the branches were totally closed down around the trail, but it very low to the ground. You could see where something has been walking in and out. I never would have thought something that large could have come out of that, which was kind of strange. And yeah, after that, I went over to Germany and spent some time over there. Stationed over there, and it was kind of boring going into the woods there. Other than worrying about bombs that have been dropped during World War Two. Yeah, no, sascotch there soon.
Speaker 1: During that time with your your hunting buddy there did that individual did did they see anything as well? Anything like that? Okay, what was the year you would say for that one?
Speaker 2: That was nineteen eighty nine. It was right before stationed overseas, so let's see, that would December. I don't know the exact date, so that.
Speaker 1: Puts you out around twenty four ish twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha, that's right. I'll see.
Speaker 1: I just have one or two other questions about that during the time, the general time when you had that experience, was anything else weird about the woods? Were there any out of place sounds or lack of sounds or smells or anything like that.
Speaker 2: There no sounds there. There was a lot of deer footprints, but no, you know, no sounds, no deer that night. No, there was nothing odd about it. It was like twenty degrees so nothing was moving. It seemed like nothing was moving outside.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. And you said you could see the shape of the body kind of you couldn't really see details, but were there any even from the silhouette? Were there any details that you remember where it's like, oh, I remember seeing that about it, and that was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it was basically it was kind of large, large chest. It slumped over just a little bit as it walked, and then when I picked the safety it, it's leg stayed straight, but its body kind of turned. It's after a torset, turned towards me as it walked backwards. I mean, it was kind of funny how quickly it walked backwards, I thought. But that's the only thing really that My family's kind of large, Like my dad was really large, but it seemed a little bigger than my dad. That's all I can remember. My dad was like six'. Four oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah and he's so even even taller than your, dad because you said it was it could be six to seven feet. Tall that's interesting detail that you shared as, well because from what we know, about, uh the sasquatch so far is that it cannot turn its head when it looks to the. Side it has to turn its shoulders as, well, Right so that that totally makes sense that you would have experienced. That.
Speaker 2: Hmm. NOW i posted out siding ON bfro in two thousand and, four and one of the REASONS i. Did that is BECAUSE i was reading through some of the other sidings and hearing about the tree. SHAKING i had no idea that was anything at the. TIME i, mean this is Pre internet when that's, Happened so you, KNOW i wasn't aware of tree shaking and some of the wood. KNOCKING i wasn't aware of those things until later. On, well that's part of the REASON i hear Because i've learned a lot from your shadow just listening to other. People that's.
Speaker 1: AWESOME i, mean that is one Of it's not the reason THAT i started the, show but it is a reason that is coming to the. Forefront that people are learning stuff from what they're listening to and it's helping out other people because of, that and that's just really. COOL i enjoy that this this area In. Texas you, know we we're saying General, texas but have you ever looked to see if there's other encounters that are reported and maybe the general?
Speaker 2: Region oh, yeah, yeah actually THAT i think it's squatch floitation The bigfoot episode On Finding. Bigfoot, okay squatch. Ploitation that's the exact area these things. Happened and as a matter of, fact their town hall was in a place Called Big Pines, lodge which is just a few miles away from my family, property and there's really some good staging areas if if people wanted to go out and try to make contact With.
Speaker 1: Sasquatch oh, Yeah i'm looking at in a. Map it's literally right On Cattle. Lake, yeah, yes, absolutely, Yeah, no that's that is Between Cattle lake and then further to the west Is. Jefferson. Fantastic, yeah that makes total sense that that you would have that situation right there in that. Area.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow. Yeah, well my grandmother ACTUALLY i skipped over this. ONE i didn't really have an, encounter BUT i went to see my grandmother in nineteen eighty. Eight it was before my hunting. Encounter we're sitting, there this is around six. PM i was starting to get evening, time and we heard a yell in the woods that sounded, like AND i don't want this sound. Bad it sounded like if you were watching the Old, westerns like the sounds that The natives or The indians would. Make the yells that ended sounding exactly like a. Crow AND i asked my grandmother and, said what is? That she, SAID i don't, know but every EVENING i picked my trash to the edge of the woods AND i take a hoe with me BECAUSE i feel like something's watching. Me i'm pretty sure something was my.
Speaker 1: Goodness so from WHAT i, heard WHAT i heard sound like almost like a war, cry and it turned into a crow.
Speaker 2: Noise, yes, MAN i have another incident In california actually earlier this year that was. SIMILAR i was coming, OUT i was traveling AND i was In california and my trailer AND i left my trailer BEFORE i sign, up closed the, door locked. It THEN i heard a crow behind me or an hour behind. Me it sounded real, deep you. KNOW i was, like, cool there's an. Owl and then off in another, TREE i heard another, out but it was like, woo AND i just. SAID i just stuck my hand in the air AND i, said you guys are. Bad AND i just walked to my truck and got in it and took. OFF i didn't even. LOOK i didn't want to. See.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Absolutely and that was twenty twenty, five you.
Speaker 2: Said, yes Around april of this.
Speaker 1: Year is that a Northern california or.
Speaker 2: It was kind of close To. Yosemite actually it wasn't too far from. That i'll. See i'm looking at my list. Here most of the other things happened In. WASHINGTON i did have something at the end of last summer In. TEXAS i can talk about. That but there's a super fun site On Caddo. Lake do you know what that? Is?
Speaker 1: LIKE i don't, actually, yeah if you could share what that.
Speaker 2: IS a super fun site, Is like there's different ones in THE, us like if the ground has been concaminated by a government, activity it could be, nuclear it could Be in this case Around Kaddo, lake it used to be an ammunition plant and the job of the Super Fun site is for them to go and do clean that BEFORE i guess we're turning it to the. Public so it's in the process of that right. Now and it's laid out like a piur military but it's kind of laid out like what we call OUR ammo. Dump their streets, there they're paved. Streets it almost looked like city blocks with no houses on. IT i was driving through there AND i heard a really large lamb brake And i've come over time to learn that's them just saying get out of. HERE i, said, Okay i'm, leaving AND i drove. Away but then WHEN i turned around and came, BACK i saw and one of the trees stuck in the ground upside. DOWN i wasn't very, big it's only about five foot, tall BUT i thought it kind of. ODD i did see. That. ALSO i was trying to go see my land walking back into the, woods but it's really bad and. MUDDY i couldn't get back. There in my, nephew my nephew's. WIFE i don't know if she would be, considered but, anyway my nephew's wife was walking with me back, there and she was telling me about an event her husband had where he was followed out of the woods and when he went back the next, day a perfect circle was left in like sticks in the area where he heard the. Noise, well she was walking with me this day AND i, said, yeah there's you, Know i've seen something back. HERE i was telling her about, that about the hunting, incident and as we came, back a, chicken one of her chickens had been snatched up and the feathers were left in a perfect, circle and it was really. ODD i tried to contact my cousin after that and she didn't talk to. Me so they don't talk about this. Stuff SO i think maybe she got upset THAT i had mentioned anything about. It probably scared the poor. Girl, oh, absolutely to see her chicken snatched. It probably not. Kid and, yeah YOU'RE i was hyping to move back on my.
Speaker 1: Property but IT'S i, mean that area just has so Much it has a, rich rich history of bigfoot activity in The Cattle lake. Area for, sure your grandma in nineteen eighty eight you were talking about did it did she ever share like any did she ever have any sightings in that area or just like she was ready for something with that garden hoe just in, case.
Speaker 2: She was just ready to protect. Herself he went and talk about. It my dad has told me stories about things that happened. Though, YEAH i MEAN i can discuss that if you would.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, ABSOLUTELY i, MEAN i know it's anything that you feel comfortable. Sharing it's, uh, okay definitely go, Ahead, okay.
Speaker 2: Sure. YEAH i was doing a bio my dad WHEN i was in middle school and he started telling me ABOUT i think one of the QUESTIONS i asked him the scaredest moments of his, life and he told me about being followed out of the woods on the family. Property what else did he tell? Me, oh he would see things out of the window at, night like going to the Family it was a pond out. There they also had a. Barn it would go to the barn. Sometimes he said he'd always see the thing going between the barn and the pond at night through his. Window but that's the only thing he shared it with that he did tell me about my. Cousins they used to live in the old family house on the, property and there was a huge. Door this is like a house that was built in the twenties or, thirties and they had a huge front. Door they believed the front door represented the. Family you, know you have a fabulous front. Door so they had a huge one with the glass over the top of, it and my aunt and uncle saw the top of something's head over the, glass and this is probably at least seven foot. Up they see the top of something's head and something wiggled the door. Handle, also my cousin was trying to get rid of some raccoons that were eating the feed in the, barn so he slept up in the loft one night and this thing came in the barn with. Him that's ALL i heard from my dad about, it, Though, wow that would be interesting that's that's.
Speaker 1: Incredible so you're saying that it came in the barn with him per his? Account, yes, oh, MAN i that's that is that is. Wild have you ever talked to that cousin directly about?
Speaker 2: That, no WHEN i was a little, kid he was already in his twenties and he moved. OFF i never really got to meet him. Much.
Speaker 1: Gotcha so all these accounts on the same, property what years would this? Span are we talking forty fifty years.
Speaker 2: OR i would, think, well my dad was born in nineteen, forty so probably in the forties started and THEN i mean last, YEAR i don't, know you can consider it a sighting Or bigfoot related if you want to, say the chicken being snatched. Up it was really. Odd but, yeah so, wow so quite some time really it could.
Speaker 1: Go we're talking about potentially eighty years if we're going forties to last.
Speaker 2: Year but, yeah we round about. There.
Speaker 1: Wow so that's that's pretty. Fascinating and that is.
Speaker 2: That i'm sure that properties are around there also experienced this stuff. Too, oh without a. Doubt people they're tight lipped about. It they really are a million Are.
Speaker 1: It's a, thing you, Know AND i experienced that WHEN i got into the. Field WHEN i went out In oregon AND i was driving through these small mountain, towns people do not want to talk and they want you out of, there and which is absolutely. Fine probably didn't help THAT i Had california rental plates on two, Anyways so you were saying that you also had some interesting things happen In washington as.
Speaker 2: Well, yes and you, KNOW i DON'T i think this is, well the very first ONE i was with my, daughter and this could have been a. Hoax AND i will admit if something could be a. Hoax we were driving From fort to The Whole, rainforest so it was a long. ROAD i guess it's about twenty miles of forest before you get to the whole, rainforest and that's h oh if you're ever interested In it's like one of the only rainforests In. America so we wanted to go see. It we're driving. There, unfortunately The Olympic peninsula is a lot bigger than you, expect so it took us a long. Time it was already dark when we got. There we were driving along and we came up to a curve in the road and my headlights were shining into the. Woods and we saw a figure that was brown from head to. Toe it jumped against the tree like it was trying to hide by jumping against the. Tree, MIKE i, said did you see that to my? Daughter and she, said, yeah it's a guy in a brown coat brown pants sighting. It and this is In. July SO i, said you think it's a hoax and she, said, yeah it was, somebody somebody dressed, Up so you, know maybe it was a. Hoax but it's really kind of odd and there was not a lot of cars on the. Road, yeah it was kind of a weird encounter.
Speaker 1: That really Makes that's one of those things, where, yeah it makes you wonder because it's, like it could be a guy that's just messing with, people or you, KNOW i think you could have actually seen. Something what approximate year was did that take place?
Speaker 2: In this was twenty, seventeen, okay.
Speaker 3: Gotcha and then at around twenty, twenty me and my friend were Around darrington and we were traveling the forest.
Speaker 2: ROAD i had a jeep and we went down this. Road it was starting to get more, narrow so we found a turnout and we were turning, back but we had to do like a five point, turn AND i put it in reverse and backed. Up i'm just about ready to go, straight BUT i needed to back up a couple more. Times SO i put it in reverse And i'm watching the camera and something passes behind the. CAMERA i could only see it look like from the waist to the knee, down but something passed by the. Camera AND i told my, FRIEND i, said something's behind. US i moved forward AND i put it in reverse, again And i'm backed, up and then she started screaming at me because she saw it, Too and, yeah and you, know she's willing to probably talk to you if you. Wanted BUT i, mean we couldn't definitively say that this was a, sasquatch but it was really. Weird the only THING i could think it could be is maybe a large bird flapping its wings and kind of an angle that a leg. Is BUT i don't. KNOW i don't think it was anybody, hoaxed and there's no cars up there or anything, Sure SO i was trying to get some. PHOTOS i do. PHOTOGRAPHY i think we talked about that, before you, know before we started, recording AND i was trying to get pictures of what's the name of the Peak Glacier, peak which is kind of. Hidden it's hard to really See Glacier peak unless you want to, hike AND i take my FAT i do drone, photography SO i was flying my drone trying to get some photos Of Glacier peak at the.
Speaker 1: Time so this this friend that you had in the car with. You did she? Then how did she get a look at? It was it also in the background back backup camera or was?
Speaker 2: It, yes, OKAY i have a habit when something scares me like, THAT i don't even want to. KNOW i just move. Forward SO i didn't look in my rearview. MIRROR i didn't want to. SEE i just wanted to get out of.
Speaker 1: There so absolutely that was going to kind of Be my follow up is that after that, happened then did you get out of there as quick as you?
Speaker 2: Can or, yes, yeah, okay. Gotcha. Mhm emily laughed about. It of course afterwards she's here the living daylights out of me by screaming in my ear about. It it doesn't startle me as. MUCH i will see these things, anymore but for other people it. Does and, yeah my perception of this was this was a juvenile side squatch trying to show. Off my next sighting was really cool AND i feel LIKE i was communicating with now on miss. Sighting this is in twenty twenty. One it's a lake on the. PENINSULA i won't disclose the. LOCATION i got to the site AND i had just gotten The Starlink internet satellite back back then AND i was trying it, out SO i. Stopped it was kind of a, clearing but there was a lot of brush on the side of the trees and it was A douglas fur. TREE i wanted to take some photos of The douglas fur, tree BUT i stopped and WHEN i got out to set at The starlink art some rustling around than the, brush AND i started talking to. IT i, Said i'm just here to take pictures of the tree over here and to test my. Equipment out called it THAT i heard no other. Sounds for a, WHILE i flew my. DRONE i took some pictures of The douglas fur but then WHEN i started flying, BACK i noticed that there's snows still on top of the mountains and the lake and the fore. Ground SO i was, like, oh that w make a lovely. Photo SO i turned my drone and started flying over, there and THEN i heard some stomping on the ground boom, boom, boom And i'm, like, okay, okay, OKAY i will bring it. Back SO i brought my dram back and it. STOPPED i heard nothing else the whole TIME i was, There SO i feel they do have some level or ability to communicate and understand. Us the end of the. Brush let me tell you about the. Brush it's kind of about six foot. Tall it's kind of a it almost looks like. Reeds it's like a tan color In Washington. State you, know if you have a, clearing it seems like the brush just gets really out of hand and. TALL i felt like the hide in that, stuff it, seems and that comes into play in another ENCOUNTER i had in a few. Minutes but let's, SEE i did got a lake cornault AND i had a really weird. Encounter you can't even call it in an, encounter but something strange. HAPPENED i wanted to see how tall The douglas fir trees. There they're like the, tallest some of the tallest in the, nation like three hundred feet. Tall SO i wanted to take my drone and measure the height of the. Tree SO i saw one in the. Forest SO i parked on the side of the road and went, in AND i noticed there was a stump near there that was really. LARGE a large tree had been cut down, there and there was some brush around it and, everything BUT i, mean this stump was big enough to park a large truck. On it was pretty good. Size, well, Anyway i'm finding my drone up to the top of the. Tree it was two hundred something. Feet THEN i landed the drone and then in my HEAD i had a clear dog get out of, here AND i mean almost LIKE i could hear. It it was that clear in my. Head And i'm, like, oh, Okay i'm just taking. Photos and THEN i heard what's? THAT i, said this just a drone AND i said it, verbally it's just a. Drone and then he said AND i, SAID i was measuring the, tree just looking at the, tree and they, said, okay go, ahead AND i, said like they were giving me permission to fly it, again And i'm, like, No i'm. LEAVING i don't know about Mind speaker or anything like. That i've not really subscribed to, that but that was really odd to have those. FEELINGS i don't know if there's just there on the back of the neck like you're indeeder leave right. Now but then when they realized WHAT i was, doing they felt comfortable with. That it that WAS i don't know if that's the weirdest encounter That i've, had and that was Around Lake. QUINAULT i have never seen anything, there but that, Was, yeah that was very struggling to. Me then my last, encounter, actually, now let me tell you the other. ONE i think it was in twenty twenty. TWO i was driving Between Mount Saint helens and, uh let's SEE i throw down that road. NUMBER i can tell you the actual forest road. NUMBER i was driving between or Behind Mount Saint helens And Mount. ADAMS i was driving between, that going from the north side to the south side on some of the forest, roads AND i actually camped in there. Overnight but WHEN i, STOPPED i was trying to get some pictures of the. Mountain this was still during the, daytime AND i heard a very large limb. Snap the limb must have been at least two inches stick because it's a very hefty, snap AND i knew that it was, WELL i felt it was sasquatch telling me to leave and move on AND i, said, Okay i'm, leaving and then it started coming down the hill towards. Me and THEN i do carry SOMETIMES i carry a. FIREARM i grabbed the firearm and then it stopped and that was the LAST i had. THERE i did camp overnight out there. Afterwards that was Around Eight canyon.
Speaker 1: Area oh, wow so you were you were camping around the Eight canyon.
Speaker 2: Area, yes, wow And. SUNNY i do all these things along BECAUSE i do most of these things along because WHEN i go out with someone And i'm trying to take photos and, stuff it kind OF i feel Like i'm also SOMETIMES i have to watch out for. Them i've spent a lot of times in time in the woods from WHEN i was a child and, now and sometimes people do things That i'm, like, hey don't, go don't go over. There there're you, know mountain lions and things like. That so being mindful of. THINGS i, mean you wouldn't go in the ocean if there's great whites when in, There so you got to be careful in the forest. Too there's things out there that can harm, you.
Speaker 1: Oh one hundred. Percent AND i think that's an important thing to bring, up is you, know people are going to go out looking for bigfoot in these. Areas these areas are very unforgiving and you've got to be you, know worast case, scenario you, know prepared for other predators as, Well like there are cougars out there and they can really come right after you and not, care so you have to be prepared for. That So i'm glad that you know you are prepared and you have your you, know military, backgrounds SO i definitely are prepared with the right, Gear so that is good to.
Speaker 2: HEAR i try, to BUT i do always end up because people have asked to go out with me that WHEN i usually go out And i'm. It you, know WHEN i was driving my, JEEP i got some pretty narrow roads on some shelf, roads and there's a lot of people that don't want to do. That so, Yeah i'm trying to be mindful of. It IF i go with someone who's not gonna want to do these, things that it's going to really prevent me from getting the photos and things THAT i. Want SO i try to let people know Where i'm, going but you, know SOMETIMES i take a turn That i'm not supposed to by the way that the limb BREAK i got at The Super fun site was approximately it sounded like a two inch, Limb so it's, like if you hear a good hefty limb, break then there's a chance it could be. SASQUATCHED i was listening to your show this morning AND i heard you know that they like. MUSIC i don't know what episode it, was but if you play rock and roll, role they might leave you. Alone ALL i tried that. Before that didn't. WORK i Played hollie To hell by MAYBE i can't say, that but by a, group and something was coming towards me When i'm playing, that So i'm, like, OKAY i turned it up a little, louder but it still was, coming SO i turned it. Off that didn't. Work SO i don't know if music is the way to keep the thing away from.
Speaker 1: You it's it's a really interesting topic that does get brought up every once in a, while and that's interesting that that particular song had that had that effect. THERE a lot of people think it might have to do with the beat of this. SONG a lot of there was let's, See Henry farnzoni used to use the Song ballero because the type of beat it had was supposed very effective in bringing in the. Sasquatch so take that for entertainment uses, Only but, yeah that does come up on the show every once in a.
Speaker 2: While What i've, actually you, know What i've been doing lately is not trying, music but talking to the forest as a, therapist doing forest, bathing which is just being present in the moment in the. Forest it's very relaxing and being mindful of the things you're. DOING i think that is communicating a lot to the. Sasquatch when you go out and they see you not you, know cutting down a tree or with a firearm on your, side they, THEY i don't, KNOW i guess respect that some and probably more likely to have a citing iss you are out there and actually conversing with the. Forest.
Speaker 1: Okay that is something THAT i did try WHEN i was out in the woods in Oak ridge this time down In, oregon BECAUSE i was, like you, Know i've never tried, THIS i just want to try. It AND i was in an area up there AND i, said what DID i, say if if you're, here can you let me? Know AND i would say a few seconds after words about how maybe thirty yards into the woods heard a you, know triple. KNOCK i was, Like, oh that's that's. Weird that's really. Weird SO i was, Like i'm gonna try it. Again did the same thing again WHERE i actually said it out, loud and then there was return knocks a few seconds. Later very very. Strange but it might be SOMETHING i start to do more.
Speaker 2: Myself, yeah that would be. GREAT i, SEE i have one more sighting AND i think it was the most meaningful That i've ever. Had it was my last, one and it was in The Olympic National forest AND i went AND i was going to take some pictures of some. LIKING i saw some liking on the. Ground it's like in some places on The Olympic, peninsula the liking just blankets to the ground like a. Carpet and if you ever were able to go out and walk barefooted on it or anything like, that it's. Amazing it's like a shag. Carpet SO i was trying to get out and take pictures of, that but THEN i noticed a. Footprint it could have just been a person's. Footprint it was a pretty large, one probably about fifteen inches, long AND i took a photo of. IT i went to the. FOREST i saw THAT i was taking some, pictures AND i started telling sasquatch or talking to the, forest, saying you, KNOW i want to protect. You you, KNOW i Feel i've seen some of the damage from, clearcutting how it just drains the moisture out of the. Land WHEN i would be driving All mountaineer where they clearcut you could just see the water just pouring out from the. Roots and you, KNOW i was talking to the forest, Saying i'm sorry we cut all your trees, down and you KNOW i shouldn't. HAVE i guess apologized for, that BUT i do realize that we try to turn a profit from, things AND i was just explaining, that AND i took my. Photos THEN i got in my truck And i'm starting to drive away AND i look over to the right AND i can see the mountains between the, trees but from like a huge rock, THERE i see a sasquatch pop. Up he popped his head up and he was like his fur was kind of gray color and his scam was, tan and he was doing like a push up, physician like he had his arms out to his side pushing himself. Up his head was kind of wlocky looking on a square, shape but he had liking on his head and liking on his, shoulder and the liking was falling off as he was coming. Up AND i looked at him for about two, seconds AND i was already starting to move in my, truck SO i looked ahead to see WHERE i was and make SURE i was on the, road AND i looked back again and it was. Gone, Afterwards i'm driving down the road for a couple of miles AND i come up to a place where there's a bunch of birch trees and they kind of covered the forest roads make it almost look like a, tunnel AND i wanted to get some photos of, that SO i stopped my, truck and as soon AS i, did a deer at the about a quarter mile away up, ahead seen out of the, woods turned around and looked back in the woods like it wanted to go back in, there but it was scared to. WELL i kind of got a sense that it had followed, me SO i took my drone and a lot of the brush was back. There it was kind of, high like six foot, tall kind of like the BRUSH i told you about and that other encounter WHERE i was communicating with them WHILE i took my drone AND i flew it. OVER i was going to make sure there was none in there BEFORE i was taking. PHOTOS i didn't want anything to pop out on. Me SO i was flying it. Over the deer was still standing, there looking into the woods like it wanted to go back out out in the. WOODS i think maybe it had a fawn in there or. Something, well it started coming towards. Me the deer was just walking towards, me and it got real. Close And i've seen what deer can do when they were up and hit you with your. Hoofs SO i grabbed a hunting knife AND i, SAID i, pointed AND i, pointed AND i, said go that's kind of they get. Away and so it walked back to where it came out of the, woods looked at the. Woods then it turned around and went to the other side of the, road And i'm, like, Okay i'm. Leaving SO i got my. TRUCK i took, off AND i felt like it was following me in the woods AS i was. DRIVING i just kept going and got out of. There, so which is really odd because that meant it would have been running through the woods that are like twenty miles an.
Speaker 1: Hour really this has affected your entire, life you, know going back to when you were a very young child and you finally are able to you, know have that that. Sighting how did you feel during that sighting and then and right after? It how did that affect you?
Speaker 2: Emotionally, DAD i don't. Know it's LIKE i kind of felt like it was trying to communicate with, me because the thing, IS i was taking pictures of the lock in and AS i look over AND i see this thing come up with like and falling off of, IT i think it was acknowledging the fact that that's WHAT i was, doing and it was allowing me to see. IT i felt like it was intentional on its, part and typically they. DO i think if you see, them it's on their. Terms USUALLY i Think i've gotten a drop on them, before but it's typically they're allowing you to see. It like WHEN i had a gun in my, HAND i THINK i got to drop on. It it didn't KNOW i was. There but normally they can be standing just a few feet off the trail and you walk beside them and you won't even know they're. There they usually hide in the weeds or the reeds and In louisiana And. Texas Around Keddow, lake there's a lot of long leaf pines and sometimes you can drive along and if you see a dead pine tree that's tan with a bunch of tan long leaf long leaves on, it it looks like. Fur, SO i mean they can easily hide in that. Stuff you won't even know that. There.
Speaker 1: INTERESTING i know that a lot of people will have really different responses after they have that first, sighting and it goes FROM i want to have a sighting, again or NOW i know they're real AND i can't go back into the woods AND i never want to see that. Again where would you put yourself on you, know was it more closer to the let's have another sighting or more close to, like, yeah this is totally freaked me.
Speaker 2: OUT i Mean i'll still go in the. Forest but here's WHAT i typically, do and my friends have COMMON i just LIKE i usually don't leave my truck too far. Away so my friends asked me to do a several day hike And i'm, like, NO i don't know about, that but if you want to go AM i jeep to some bag list of, Places i'm fine with that BECAUSE i can get in it and take off and you, know if it wants to come and pound on my vehicle or, whatever then we'll take care of that incident when it. Happens you, know IF i carry a, firearm you, KNOW i read The Daniel boone account AND i would do the same that he did with shooting in the. Face.
Speaker 1: YEAH i think, that you, know the way that you view things as is a good middle ground where if if it happens where you have to protect, yourself you are more than able to do so and able to do. That but it's not a thing where you are actively going out into the woods and you're, Like, Okay i'm going to take take this out and you know put it INTO. Cm, no we're not going to do.
Speaker 2: That, yeah but, NO i don't advocate for killing. ONE i, mean do we really need to kill one to prove it's? There can we do it a different? WAY i think we. Can you, know it just takes willingness to lower your guard to go out and speak to this thing through the. Forest if you communicate your intent and be truthful about, IT i think it will stew. ITSELF i won't also mention the fire was kind OF i have kind of developed a theory even before this that maybe either a fur is either translucent or potentially can change color like an octopus can change, color or other animals can do so to confuse our. VISION i think it's very possible that, that you, know that's because the fur looked kind of odd to. Me it's kind of a gray, color but almost like a translucent.
Speaker 1: Gray that that is really. INTERESTING i think that the normal human does not realize how incredible even just the animals of this world are and what they can. Do for, EXAMPLE i just learned about a new frog the other day On National geographic called THE i think glass, frog and what it does is it takes all of it's almost all of its blood and puts it into its liver so that it becomes almost translucent to hide from. Predators crazy, stuff.
Speaker 2: Right So i've never heard of.
Speaker 1: That, yes it's you check it. Out it's a wild. One but that being, said as you, mentioned like the, octopus there are so, many you, know things that are in the natural world that can do weird. STUFF i don't think it's out of the question that that bigfoot can do some some weird stuff to hide as. WELL i don't, know maybe maybe someday we'll be able to figure that out for.
Speaker 2: Sure but, yeah absolutely. Absolutely let's, SEE i do have MY BFRs siding is the sighting numbers eighty one oh. Seven, okay if you're ever interested wants you're trying to find the forest roads THAT i had wrote those. Down, okay someone that ever wants to, GO i, mean if they snap lombs on me And i'll give their location away and there we go the. Road, Okay So Forest road twenty five and that goes Between Mount Saint helens And Mount. Adams it's some of the most remote areas that you're going to find in THE.
Speaker 1: Us how long does it take to make that trip across From Mount Saint helens To adams on that?
Speaker 2: Road let's. SEE i started probably around noon and didn't finish until the next, morning SO i stayed overnight AND i went from there down to The Lahar. Reviewpoint it was actually a nice area, there and that's really close to Eight, canyon and also Eight cave is near there, too Which i've read about A k Eight. Cave it's from WHAT i read in the, past it was like named after a Boy scout troop And i'm, like, yeah but why were the Boy scouts named eight, exactly so kind of blows a hole in that. Story but the place WHERE i think would really make if you can get in there a good staging area In texas is The Longhorn Army Ammo. Plant you've got a Great Star ranch is right On Caddo lake with just be careful if you go out, there don't steal the. Moss if people listen decide to go To Star, ranch don't steal moss from the. Trees once you tear it off to take home, it you, know it doesn't replace that. Quickly so there's some beautiful moss on the trees out, there AND i think that also helps them hide.
Speaker 1: To, now is that an area that's open to the public or.
Speaker 2: It Is nobody goes out there, either WHICH i think that's why it's been kept so. Beautiful it is through The Army Ammo, plant and they could close the gates, eventually you, know if people started destroying the. Stuff but but, yeah IT'S i, mean it's a really large. Area nobody goes in. There it's very kind of gives you a remote. Feeling and you do have late access there, too like if you wanted to kayak or.
Speaker 1: Whatnot that's that's pretty. Cool something definitely to check. Out you, know as, always any any area that's talked about on the, show do you do diligence to check it out before you just go and be prepared for. Anything really make sure you have stuff with.
Speaker 2: You there's a lot of bogs back there.
Speaker 1: Too, yeah, gotcha, gotcha lot of.
Speaker 2: Bogs, okay you.
Speaker 1: Have had some just incredible stuff happened over the, years and it's cool how you've been able to check out bigfoot activity in different areas of THE. Us would you say that there's a part of THE us that you've been focusing on that probably has a better chance of having bigfoot activity or has it been pretty much steady in all the different.
Speaker 2: Areas, no you, Know i've not really been focused on finding. SASQUATCH i would think the AREA i told you, about like if you did more to go and use to search as maybe our team or, something The Star ranch. Area but What i've noticed is like different areas you've got different attitudes from these. Things Like, louisiana you're going to have a little more aggressive. Nature some of them they're a little more. Elusive they don't want to be, seen so they're a little smaller. Too the ones In, washington the ones especially on the, peninsula are very respectful of your. Space AND i, think if you, know if, SOMEBODY i think those two areas are probably the best out Of Lake area from What i've, SEEN i would go there Or. Washington The olympics Go Olympic National. Park i've never really felt that they were in the park. Itself maybe on the. Corners i'm sure it's safer their front for. Them you can go in The Olympic National park and the deer will just come up right. Up they won't eat out of your hand if you wanted them, to BUT i would caution against. That they're pretty light and the, older so just be. CAREFUL a girl two weeks ago it was attacked by cougar up. THERE i actually was going to The National park that day and they as soon AS i got, there they closed the gates because the girl was. Attacked oh my, god and she did. Survive that was like two weeks. Ago it's been all over the news. Here oh.
Speaker 1: Wow you never you always got to be. Prepared you never know what you're going to run into out. There And, kay it's been a enjoyable. CONVERSATION i want to make sure that you were able to talk about everything that you had come to the show today with.
Speaker 2: Just about you, KNOW i did want to touch on like the trauma that this can induce and, Cause LIKE i used to have nightmares for this speaking to if you do, therapy speaking to a therapist about this can be. Important it can help you work through to the traumas of. This i've had a therapist WHERE i mentioned That i've seen this and they wanted to refer me to a, shaman WHICH i. Refused so it is possible to switch therapists if you, know if you really need to speak about these, things switch to a therapist that's comfortable talking about. THIS i do believe that people don't want to talk about it because they don't really want to come to the realization that there's something that scary out in the forest because to a lot of, people this is a. Monster but if you can think of it more as there's a grizzly, bear they're dangerous. Also but we can't survive this planet with grizzly. Bears we just have to be mindful of. That you do your due diligence before going, out make sure you take measures to protect yourself and be comfortable in the wilderness and not get. Lost let people know where you're. Going those things are. IMPORTANT i, also you, know if people are having problems around their, house there's things you could probably do to get fosquatch away from your. House AND i would say if you can create like a firebreak or cut some trees from around your house to move that out a little, further maybe they will stop hitting on your house or. WHATNOT i would also let them know before you cut, them you're doing this because of. Them that way they know if they continue to do, it it's more could you get. Cut so just do for them to be aware because they do have a level of communication that we can communicate that to. Them cameras are always. Good if you want to put cameras in your window and, whatnot that can also help keep them.
Speaker 1: Away and are you talking about game cameras, Specifically, no not.
Speaker 2: REALLY i do believe they can see infrared. LIGHT i mean you can see infrared. Light if you hold your iPhone up and look at something in the, camera you can see the infrared light on your. Camera it's not a far stretch for an animal to have eyesight good enough to see that wavelength of, light just like an eagle can see a lot better than we. CAN i do believe they can see better than we. Can so if you put gam of cameras, UP i don't think it's going to do. Anything it might keep them out of that. SPOT i guess if you maybe do it on the corner of your, house they might stay away from that areas because they don't want to be on the.
Speaker 1: Camera thank you for coming on the, show AND i have a quick question for you after we stop.
Speaker 2: Recording, okay so thank.
Speaker 1: You just wanted to take a mite say thank you for listening to this episode of The Bigfoot society. Podcast kase story is one of those rare encounters that stay with you not just because of what she, saw but because of how deeply it's marked her entire. Life so huge thanks To kay for her courage and sharing her memories from childhood fear In, louisiana to the haunting silence of The Washington, woods and to the moment she locked eyes with something that shook her to the. Core if you enjoyed this, conversation please subscribe to the channel on. YouTube hit the bell icons you don't miss any new, episodes and share this one with a friend who's in The, bigfoot the, paranormal or just a good old fashion. Mystery and if you're listening to us On Apple podcasts Or, spotify please make sure you're following the show there and if you'd be willing to leave us a five star positive, review it really helps more people find. Us, Now if you or someone you know has had A bigfoot, encounter whether In, Texas, Louisiana, washington or anywhere else in the, World i'd love to hear from, you so please send me an email At Bigfoot society at gmail dot com let's talk about. It if you haven't seen the new membership community, yet you can go over To Bigfoot society podcast dot com and check the members login. Area that's where you can find ad free early release, episodes members only episodes every, week and much much more. Fun thanks again for following along with A Bigfoot, society and until next, time keep your eyes, open trust your, gut and never stop asking what else might be out? There and see you in the.
Speaker 2: Woods