Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Come on, come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen her.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wakey, wakey, hands off Snakey rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. We got beer for you every hour. Thank you, Specs beer straight up at six, seven, eight, and nine. After we give away that nine o'clock beer that we turn it over to you, it becomes open Phones Friday. It is day two of our Saint Jude Radio fon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. We'll be giving you updates, we'll be asking you to become a partner in hope. We'll be talking about all that fun stuff throughout the show. Huge day yesterday, Big tote board yesterday, Big day on the boublet board as well. It was a huge day yesterday. It was I'm saying it was a huge day, just a huge day. I had fun yesterday. You want you want to kill my joy? Freshout of bad had to had Tournament of Champions Sammy Baker Davis Junior takes on Abbey aw Tickets going on sale on Monday. We've got win them before they go on sale for your fun fact flashback Pier's the Vale going on sale today at ten. We've got tickets for you at seven twenty ac DC, going on sale today at noon. We have tickets for you on the show. I'm busy, that's it, busy. Ten percent chance of rain, partner Claude high fifty seven. We've got some showers coming tomorrow and then Sunday about a seventy percent chance of showers. So I don't know if the full weekend is a wash, but yeah, there's there's chances of rain all weekend long. Let's get after it. Good morning, Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, we're still doing the radiothon right, Yeah we are, okay, just making sure Radiothon for Saint Jude sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 4: We still need partners in hope.
Speaker 3: This morning, you can become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude fight cancer.
Speaker 4: The lovely volunteers are here.
Speaker 3: They've been here all yesterday, all night, all today, all this morning.
Speaker 4: So put your gift on a credit card.
Speaker 3: You'll get the new se This Shirt Saves Lives t shirt, and then you'll get the Saint Dude sweatshirt which I'm rocking for Yeah, day two in a row. Alexis too call now one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three again one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three.
Speaker 1: Final numbers in for yesterday two hundred and forty three thousand, one hundred and thirty three dollars. Amazing, fun, amazing. Let's keep it.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it going, guys, Let's keep it going. All right, let's talk about anthem. Blue Cross Blue Shield. They are backing off on a decision not to cover anesthesia under certain conditions. So originally Blue Cross Blue Shield says they're not going to reimburse anesthesia costs if the surgery went on for what the insured deemed too long. This news drew outrage across the Internet as well as with doctors, as well as with the American Society of Antesthesiologists. The announcement of this controversial policy being halted came a day after the murder of the United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. So, uh, that's a big story and we're gonna chat about it this morning.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: If you're an old school Mosher. You know that being in the pit is very important, and you also know that maybe sometimes it's not the best place to, you know, have to go to the bathroom. So metal themed can water company Liquid Death has partnered with an adult diaper company, depend and they're creating a special absorbent undergarment that's perfect for washing.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's called the pit diaper.
Speaker 1: You don't want to lose your spot.
Speaker 4: It's called the pit diper diaper.
Speaker 1: Pit the diaper. I mean, you're in the pit. You're like, hey, look at this face. I'm going to the bathroom. You see where I'm standing, I'm coming back here. And everyone is like, asnoo as you lose, buddy, I'm not letting you back in here. So you just sit there and pissed yourself.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: They also kept fashion in mind, cruelty free quilted pleather accented with chains and spikes to seamlessly blend into any outfit.
Speaker 1: From Metallica to Dolly Parton only on the show.
Speaker 3: The casting search is on for the upcoming Dolly Parton Broadway musical Dolly and Original Musical. The singer announced the search for Dolly on her Instagram. So Dolly posts up on ice ig and she's like, look, talented performers who can capture the spirit of my journey is what we want.
Speaker 1: She is welcoming anyone, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, from experienced theater professionals to undiscovered gems that want to audition to More information about the casting search can be found at Dolly Musical dot com.
Speaker 1: From Metallica into Dolly Parton into some forty one only the show only This show.
Speaker 3: Some forty one's Australian tour has unfortunately been canceled. Yesterday, the band chared a statement on the official ig for the All Good Things Festival, which which they were supposed to co headline. They let fans know that they wouldn't be there because Derek Whibley's health. He's been diagnosed with pneumonia earlier, which caused him to cancel their performance in Brisbane. All dates on the tourist what their next week are now Off those recent headlines.
Speaker 7: On Thursday Night Football, the Lions got by the Packers thirty four to thirty one.
Speaker 1: Balls. Lions got balls, dude, if they go for four off.
Speaker 7: Fourth down, they could have just kicked a field goal. They were like, no, we're not giving the Packers the ball back went four on fourth down, the quarterback falls as he's handing the ball off, still gets the handoff, They still get the fourth down.
Speaker 1: The team's just got balls. That's just what. That's all I gotta say about the lies.
Speaker 7: Texans are going to buy this week, so it should be a stress free Sunday if you're a Texans fan. It is conference championship weekend in college football, though we got a bunch of games. We have a couple tonight and then tomorrow at eleven, Iowa State it's gonna play Arizona State for the Big twelve championship. At three, the big game of the weekend, ut faces Georgia in the SEC Championship game. At seven, Oregon is gonna play Penn State for the Big Ten championship. Also at seven, SMU takes on Clemson in the ACC title game. And basketball Rockets fell to the Warriors last night, ninety nine to ninety three.
Speaker 1: They fall fifth to fifteen.
Speaker 7: And eight on the season and are gonna have a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Let's go, Let's go, Let's go. Let's go. Let's go four hours of pain, the most interactive show on the radio. It's free Veer Friday. This is my paradise.
Speaker 8: Baby Bam Friday. You done, free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 9: Goodness?
Speaker 1: Josh? How are you awesome? I uh, hung out with Santa Claus a little bit yesterday. I met Santa yesterday and the girls kind of tracked me down. I was, well, all right, story time in a minute. Uh do I'm doing great? Man hung out with Santa Claus yesterday, so I'm in a great mood. How are you, Josh?
Speaker 10: I'm doing good. I'm on my way to work for it.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 10: Cyberwork?
Speaker 1: Telecom work?
Speaker 10: We're doing ke Mobile upgrades are rising, upgrade round.
Speaker 1: Okay, little upgrades, upgrades for everybody. Josh is on it. If you're wondering if your upgrade is happening, would you like a case of beer?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: I would you?
Speaker 2: Let me do that.
Speaker 1: I can do that all right, I'm like the Santa Claus of free beer. At least four cases. I'm gonna give you. As long as you've been good this year, I'll give you that case of beer. Josh, that's good man.
Speaker 10: I've been trying all your hell, I've been trying for years.
Speaker 1: No, Bro, that's awesome, man, Thank you very much. Where are you from, gentlel So you all right, daddy? Oh, have a great weekend. Okay, I know it's gonna be a little rainy out there, but have fun you too. Thank you, Thank you, dude, Thank you so much. It's Josh working.
Speaker 5: On your upgrades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm walking to the yet. Let me tell you. Market Street in the Woodlands is badass, right cool? Huh Yeah, I haven't. I haven't been there in a long long time. And just the shops and everything, it's really really nice. I mean, yeah, Rod, you've been here twenty years now. You're telling me that the Woodlands is nice. I know it's nice. I just didn't know. I didn't know like how cool it was, like all the shops and everything. It's all for you. Don't try. You don't get up there. Well, I'll tell you what happens when we do. Shows or if I go to something, if it's the Woodlands, usually go on like a weekend show, and I stay at the Marriott and I go to the Skybridge and then boom, I go right to the pavilion and I miss out on everything. There's a big Kirby ice house right there. Yeah, you know, I miss out on all of that stuff. You know, So we need to go, you need to get out. But the Market Street area is awesome. So I'm walking and I'm looking for the Yetti store and I do my parking and I'm walking there. I'm like, wow, this is so nice. It's so nice. It's all decorated. There's like piped in Christmas music, you know, you feel like you're walking in a Hallmark movie. And I'm walking by and these gales come up, like rod Ron, would you take a picture with Santa? I'm like, is a frog's ass water tight? Of course I'll take a picture with Santa. I love that guy. So I turned around. There's Santa Claus. You know, his little helpers had asked me to take a picture. They were kind of like Elfish undercover el were they were Elfish. They weren't wearing the ears. I don't want the ears. Okay, I didn't even get into that. When I went to Renaissance, the ears, that's the thing that killed it freaks me out. I'm like, what is the pointy ear fetish? That's so funny.
Speaker 3: When I was getting my face painted at Renves, I was waiting in line with girls.
Speaker 1: So help me, God, if you put on pointy ears?
Speaker 5: No No.
Speaker 3: A guy came, He's like, babe, look what I got you And she goes, did you.
Speaker 1: Get me elf ears?
Speaker 4: And I looked and I was like, did.
Speaker 1: You get her elf ears? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I couldn't stop thinking about you.
Speaker 1: I was last been so hard. You could be the hottest girl on the planet.
Speaker 4: Pretty hute.
Speaker 1: You could be wearing the hottest outfit ever. Okay, saw the fairy lingerie thing boots heels, don't you could be wearing the hottest thing. You'd be the hottest girl on the planet. And you have pointy ears, and I'm out, it freaks me out. I don't. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Remember we found el fears in the crowd at Hometown for the holidays. We were on it and I was like a two o'clock elve ears right there.
Speaker 1: Freak out it.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, it's fun, but look, different shows for different folks. This guy was like, put these on now, like put these little like he went out and sought.
Speaker 4: Them out for her and was like, put these on.
Speaker 1: I immediately, I'm noon to six on those. He's six to.
Speaker 3: News exactly on most exactly.
Speaker 1: So so they they took a picture with their things, with their cameras and then I said, you would could you would?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 1: Can I give you my cad? Can I get a picture with Sammy?
Speaker 4: You got a picture with the big guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The big guy was hanging out right next to Yetti. It was awesome. And then so Yetti, he's there. Win is waiting for me. Longtime listener. Win. He's got a brand new dog, so I got to meet his new dogs. You know he Win's had a hell of a year and we love when he brought gifts for everybody. So I got gifts for everyone. Longtime listener Chewy. He walks in. I hear him and I'm like, oh my god, that's not like the original o G Chewy from the show. He's telling Dinah stories and everything else in Travis gold Lightly Stories. He's been listening forever and now his kids grew up listening to him and fresh out of d head to head and all that, and just a lot of people. It was really really fun. Thank you to everybody that came by. It was a weird time.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm there noon to two, and people took time out of their lunch to come in, you know and hang out a little bit. So it was really really fun. And I got some more pictures to share, So that was good. Man, It's good. I always I do enjoy like being out and most people at this point have some sort of a story to share. One guy in there and he's like, listen, I came to this. I was at the pre labor day pretty bikini contest. I heard your first day. You know, it's just it's awesome. I love that. And then the guys that like listen in school and then now they go to drive to work every day and then, you know, I love those stories. So it was fun yesterday. Thank you and you're yeah, yaie, that stuff is so cool. I don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. Why are you worried about things? I got a gift. WIN brought you guys gifts I got to win. We didn't have to do that higher than in the power. Guys are Saint Jude Radio Thon sponsored by Gallery Furniture Chili will have the very first link up. We're going to talk about it this morning. We're going to get you guys all fired up about giving. It was a huge day yesterday, two undred and over two hundred and forty three thousand dollars yesterday raised Are you kidding me? Right now? That's all of our stations kind of all teaming up. So that's the power of iHeartRadio Houston, Okay, which we are a part of and very proud to be a part of it. Still, it's good to still be hanging around here.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I say that it's like cool get towards the end of the year. It's like it's my key card still working. Okay, key card work today, although the little little gate in.
Speaker 7: The the gate's not work and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't get in, I can't park. Is this it is this how they say goodbye to me? I can't park my car. It's all good, It's all good. It's all good. I watched Just Friends this week. I was caughting it the other day. I watched it this week I watched four Christmas. Yes, I love that all right. Become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help the kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. We're gonna be talking about it all morning long. Let's take a break. When we come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge tournaments of champions.
Speaker 13: Houston Rock Houston's alternative and tell them about the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday. Yeah, we're doing that. Uh Saint Jude Radiothon, Radiothon Radio Athon, Radiothon, Radiothon No A in there. It's kind of like you ever get somebody calling it a documentary, documentary, documentary, documentary, documentary, documentary, documentary, documentary. I call it a documentary. I hear people call it a documentary. I think it feels it seems like they're smarter than that maybe, or they're in a rush. Okay, well what they call movies film, it's a radiothon, it's a Saint Jude and it's all sponsored by Gallery Furniture. So I know that's what you got for trending here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So we want you to use the text line.
Speaker 1: Okay, we want you to.
Speaker 3: Just text the word kids to six six six to two. It's easier to remember anyway, so please check kids six two six two six to two. Saint You's gonna send you a link. You click that link. That's how you donate. You become a monthly donor. You pledge nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude FI Cancer. Put your gift on a credit card and you'll get to new this shirt Saves Lives t shirt. Okay, so we're still doing that, and uh, yesterday over I mean almost a hundred and fifty thousand dollars rais yesterday. We got to at least match that or do better. It's Friday. I know a lot of y'all got paid, so let's do it. Also trending, why can't the Rockets beat the Warriors Alex Fine. The Golden State Warriors have now won fifteen straight games over the Rockets. The last time Houston beat Golden State was twenty twenty February of twenty twenty, before the NBA and world shutdown.
Speaker 4: Dude to the pandemic, Oh panic.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I do like this.
Speaker 3: Travis Kelce nominated for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Awards.
Speaker 1: All right, why for dating Taylor Swift and Peatriots Jesus Christ. Walter Payton's rolling over his goddamn grave.
Speaker 3: Players excel on the fields, they demonstrations.
Speaker 1: Every team has somebody that's nominated. So why is it a story that he is. There's thirty two people nominated for that award.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's what's popping up, and that's good trending.
Speaker 1: What Texan is nominated for that award.
Speaker 4: It's not that's not in trending.
Speaker 1: We should know that. I just said it cares about these Kelsey's.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Well, Well it is Baker Davis Junior right out of the bathroom.
Speaker 14: Well, well, good morning, everybody, Sammy Baser Davis June and with the hat trick, I am your fresh out of bed head the Head Hall of Fame member number fourteen for twenty twenty four. Now my boy, right Rod, And he called me out way back in January. Well, brother, it took me all year, but I made it. And I'm looking forward to seeing you and all the other Hall of Famers and the Tournament a Champions when I take it all man, Bitches, I.
Speaker 4: Can't believe that guy plays fast enough.
Speaker 1: Was that one of those days where he didn't sleep for four days? It might have been, might have been? All right, who's he playing?
Speaker 15: Good morning, everybody. This is Abby. I am your fresh out of bed head to Head Hall of Famer number eleven for twenty twenty four. It take beating a four time Hall of Famer to get here.
Speaker 1: On my last game. You'll hear me at the end.
Speaker 15: Of the year at the Tournament of Champions, and I made just take it.
Speaker 1: All, bitches, Sammy Baker Davis Junior taking on Abby in four minutes.
Speaker 6: You were listening to the Rod Ryan Show on Free Beer Friday, Right, drink it, d D. Good must be ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Also listen to another one, the Buzz ninety four or five of the Buzz that's what Alex said. Uh, he's going to say to the loser today, nice to know you, goodbye, good bye, get out of my brackets late. Uh, you know we're getting ready for the fresh out of bed heads you head Tournament of Champions. What a great game we've got on tap for you today. So yeah, it looks like they're switching over. Do you have the text? Because we're still working with our Saint Jude family, Our radio radio thon is happening sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. You got the text?
Speaker 3: Yeah, six two six two six two, So you just text kids kids to six two six two six two.
Speaker 1: That's kids and uh.
Speaker 3: In the in this hour, they have a goal to get twenty more partners in Hope by seven am, so we have just about a half hour.
Speaker 4: We do want to say shout.
Speaker 3: Out to Kathleen from Houston who just became a Partner in Hope, and then Erlinda from Missouri City. So thank you all so much for being a part of this. It means a lot to us and our company and the kids and it's a good start.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a great starting.
Speaker 6: And now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to Head challenge listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 1: I was driving into work right now and that music came on my radio, I'd be pounding on the steering wheel.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, Well, if it isn't Sammy Baker Davis.
Speaker 16: Junior, sam rather wrong, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Sammy, Somewhere in an alternate universe, your victory speech is still going on. Okay, it was the longest speech in recorded history. I don't know if other John. That's probably one of the only stat he doesn't keep track of Sammy.
Speaker 14: The first time I did my own I didn't want to mess love it.
Speaker 1: How many times in the Hall of Fame? This is my third time, third time in the Hall of Fame. What's the furthest you've gone in the tournament? Uh, twenty seventeen. I lost to the goat Hunter. The year him and Josh played Eachen. Oh, boys, and you made it to the final four? Yes, sir, you know he was in there for the first time. Mother Flippin' Abby, Good morning, Abby, Hey, good morning. How are you feeling.
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I read you a quick email from Alyssa. Sure go all the way girl listening in Pecan Grove, Richmond. Clam power warms regards.
Speaker 3: Hell, yeah, dude, I need some clam power?
Speaker 1: Is Alisa? Alissa? Yeah? Clam power, Yes, yes, clam power, clam power. Okay, Abby? So much? Abby? Are you intimidating? You good? I mean, three time Hall of Famer. Let's go step it up?
Speaker 5: Are good?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 12: One thing lasted, one thing left at play.
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You're playing for your life. You're playing to get into the grade eight. Ultimately somebody wins a one year membership the Planet Fitness and one thousand dollars Abby, Sammy, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Ken's are you ready? Ready? I'm ready, I'm ready. I can't wait. Question number one, skim whole to Sammy milk? Are all skim whole two percent? Or all types of what milk? Sammy? On the board. My name is yeah, Sammy. You gotta be a little louder, but you got in first, Sammy. Abby was right there.
Speaker 4: Right there.
Speaker 1: Question number two what fictional school, Dabby? How you play the game clams on the table. What's your answer? Hogwarts? How you play the game? That's how you play the game.
Speaker 3: Damn, that's clam power.
Speaker 1: That's that's not a first time Hall of Fame or play? What fictional school did Harry Potter attend Hogwarts? Because on anywhere? That's what you gotta do. Wo rye Dell High Grease, I ever heard of it? The only one I can think of right now? The Bell peach Pit. I don't know, peach Pit High School. Dang, I don't know. I think that's for nine O two one. Oh hung out the peach Pit. Here we go? Oh, here we go? What fictional hangout did the peach No? I'm just kidding. Here comes guys. Listen, no playing around? Why are you? Why are you playing around? Stop? Abby? Sammy for the wind? What type of animals are sea biscuit? Abby horses? Good job? Wow, it was a good job my.
Speaker 8: Game.
Speaker 1: That's up. That's a major upset, guys, that's a massive upset.
Speaker 4: That's clam power.
Speaker 1: I didn't you know there was a thing not until this morning. It was now the shirt, this show driven by clam power. Alright, you're not gonna hear that. I'm ruling Ryan. No, they don't have any Clampower on that show. Sammy telling you you're you're always a great champion, dude, major upset, gratulations, Abby, go all the way. Thanks you, Okair, Abby? What a game, What a game? The way that you did it unbelievable. Welcome to the Great Eight, Abby, Welcome to the Great Eight. Monday. Adam mc copp plays White Rodney. Any thoughts on that game? Who you'd like to face?
Speaker 15: Just going off names. My brother's name is Adam, so I think it'd be good to have an.
Speaker 1: Adam Abbey fight. Oh yeah, bring on Adam the copp. Okay, well, listen, that was a fun That was an awesome game, best game of the tournament, best game of the tournament so far, best game of the tournament so far that anybody, and the first major major update or upset, no doubt about it. It's not saying that you're not a great player, Abby, but I mean Sammy's just been around, It's been in the Final four before he's been CLAMPI. Oh my god, might not Papa Roach ninety four? Five? The buzz Hang on Abby ninety four or five The buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show, Papa Roach, kill the noise. Everyone's still heavy breathing, Alex's Apple Watch going off, Tessa's baldos. I don't feel like laughing. Please don't slaying in a ball on the floor. Wow, what a game. I'm here for this every single morning. Man, I'm telling you, I say it all the time. It must listen to radio, and it's just it's not us, it's you guys. It's it's the it's the competitors, it's the it's the game.
Speaker 6: It's this crash out of bed, head to headshout, here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, let's do this. Here we go.
Speaker 15: I got you, Alex, Good morning everybody. This is abby first time Hall of Famers too. In the Tournament of Champions. I just punched my ticket into the Grade eight meeting. Sammy Baker David Junior join me on Monday, December sixteenth, So I'm now three games away from taking it all in twenty twenty four is clam power.
Speaker 1: Slam power is everywhere this morning, lam Powermower. Did you say print the shirts? Print the shirt?
Speaker 4: Read it out now, Prince, I want one. I'll take two.
Speaker 13: I mean.
Speaker 1: You got all kinds of clam power in the grade eight. I'm saying of the grade eight is going to be clam power. Yeah, that's awesome. Great game today. All right, Adam the cop White Rodney on Monday. It's good. Fuck back to the day.
Speaker 9: We make you look smart, your buddy, that to the day.
Speaker 1: Here's the fun facts for you today. Ben Stiller says that the makers of Meet the Parents he had to prove to them that there were actually people with the name Foker in order to get the R rating reduced to a PG rating.
Speaker 4: Is f O c k e R or f a w f O c k e R.
Speaker 1: He had to find a real person with the name Falker to secure a PG thirteen rating.
Speaker 3: Good for him, for him, that's a great movie.
Speaker 1: That's the suits, you know what I mean. The suits. We're saying, uh ah, you're not doing this. He's like, it's a real name. It's a real name. We're not swearing. I just had it on the radio. Take that out of cc chas Frasier sends in a fun fact, the first lighter was invented at eighteen twenty three. The first friction match was invented in eighteen twenty six.
Speaker 17: That is.
Speaker 1: Who I would have put all my chips that matches were around before lighters. Lighters around before matches. Wow, wild stuff wild. In California, you can only get the number sixty nine. Nice, thank you real slow this morning. I'm trying to get if he.
Speaker 4: Was giving you a beas and butthead I really left you.
Speaker 1: In California, you can only get the number sixty nine on a license plate if your car model year is nineteen sixty nine. That's neat a bunch of a bunch of chuckleheads like you requesting sixty nine over again.
Speaker 9: A FuG that to the day we make you look smart in front of your bodies.
Speaker 1: It's the FuG that to the day you could get haha, noise, no big deal. You just can't get the number sixty nine on there. Yeah, but it wouldn't be as cool as that. Now you're right, but we would know what you're talking about. What do you giving away?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of All Elite Wrestling's aw All in Texas tickets which aren't even on sale yet, but it's for globelf Field Arlington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's your fun back. You know which one I'm using from yesterday? The probability of you drinking a glass of water that contains at least one singular molecule of water that passed through this these It's one hundred percent the water you're drinking right now this morning passed through this seven one three, two, one two nine four or five. And by pass through you know what I mean? Right, It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Captain cast is on the phone again. Hi, how brother Rod, Good morning there he is, all right, Hey, how do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday? Get a little back?
Speaker 11: Yesterday the dial was down two hundred and forty eight points. Kickoff this morning at forty four thousand, seven sixty five NASDAK down thirty four to nineteen thousand, seven hundred. That's mar ten year treasury that's trading at a four point one eight percent of oil. Since it's sixty seven dollars sixty cents a barrow. Two of the most actives, the Big Studs, three M. Murk and Mickey D's the Big Duds, United Health Salesforce and Sharon Williams. On the Economic Conomy this morning, we'll get numbers on the US unemployment rate for November. Right now, futures slightly on the downside, common less terms, baby around, that's.
Speaker 1: It, I'm out here.
Speaker 11: This is Howland and made director with Ramy James, pook it for the right rhine So Ramy James on Sam felipindgusta, don't get the old frock out with your stock out.
Speaker 13: Vimian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nac AS, IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable. That it's not guaranteed. There's no inssurance transmison will continue. This is not a solicitation ofthor or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational purposes. On the Stones and duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Before or five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan Show, Sure sure is good morning?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this.
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 1: This is Edward Edward. Welcome to the show. So the probability of you Edward drinking a glass of water today that contains a molecule of water that also passed through this is at one hundred percent. What is this?
Speaker 10: It's part of the lave, but one hundred percent water?
Speaker 1: No, please tell me that's not your answer. Please tell me that's not your answer. I don't have time for this. Water passed through? What what did what did the water?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, Edward?
Speaker 5: Time for that, Edward?
Speaker 1: Now, okay, what do I do? Edward? No? No, Edward? That was it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: I'm stuck with that.
Speaker 3: There's gotta be someone else. Please tell me there's someone else.
Speaker 4: This was such a fun fact.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 3: This is actually incredible.
Speaker 1: It was whizzed out by an animal. It passed through this animal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eh, Chile, Edward.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Daniel, Daniel, are you gonna save me? Dinosaurs? Dinosaur? There we go, guys. The probability of you drinking a glass of water that contains a molecule of water that also passed through a dinosaur is one hundred percent today, Hondo, Edward, I know there's molecules of water in your water. Yeah, that wasn't the fun fact. Daniel, you're the winner. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Daniel gets a ticket to All Elite Wrestling's aw All in Texas.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Oh, this is Dallas, Daniel, let's send us backyard.
Speaker 4: That's what you go down the road?
Speaker 1: Did you for bailing me out?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 1: Thank you Daniel, Thank you so much. Hero. Okay, okay, I want a time for Edward. No time for that said water. Yeah, let's go. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Our Saint Jude Radiothon Radio Thon, the Radio of th I got you saying it all right now? Yeah, Our Saint Jude Radio Thon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. That's the biggest story.
Speaker 1: Of our day. And Yallery of Furniture.
Speaker 3: Become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude Fried Cancer. You can put your gift on a credit card. You'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt. All you have to do is text the word kids six two six two six to you.
Speaker 4: So textword kids to.
Speaker 3: Six two six two six to two, and then you click the link that Sat Jude is going to send you. That's how you donate. Okay, let's hit our goal. We only have about three minutes left in the hour. All right, let's talk about Galveston because Dickens on the Strand is returning to the island this weekend. The annual Victorian themed holiday festivals celebrates Charles Dickens and a part of town that dates from that time period.
Speaker 4: So several downtown streets.
Speaker 3: Are gonna be closing the festival that starts.
Speaker 1: Today, it ends on Sunday evening.
Speaker 4: This is the.
Speaker 3: Main fundraiser for the Galveston Historical Foundation, guys, so it's really critical.
Speaker 4: That you go support them.
Speaker 3: Admission is twenty five bucks for adults. It's eighteen dollars for kids, and with half off for people. If you dress up in your Victorian costume, you get half off that ticket.
Speaker 1: So much fun.
Speaker 3: More informational is available at the website, and I'll tweet that out for us.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about uber eat.
Speaker 3: Save added a holiday hub section for people who are too busy or to pick up their Christmas gifts.
Speaker 7: I would like you to know that I put it in a different song and he has substituted.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the boo blet board is you are. You are creating boobla one on the total.
Speaker 4: Song I wanted.
Speaker 1: I don't know what song you wanted. The boot blay I'm telling you that girl said she's gonna listen to Sonny if we don't play some blue blet on the.
Speaker 7: Show, the bou Blet Board one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're emailing yourself to cover your track.
Speaker 1: Is there a story in there somewhere? Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: Hijackinge uber uber is going to get. You can get your Christmas tree delivered. You can get your Christmas gifts. You can also get people to do caroling. You can order krollers on the uberp It's only in select cities, though.
Speaker 1: If you ordered Michael Bublay and he showed up, you probably can.
Speaker 3: You probably just went from from noon to whatever from say whatever the well, I don't even know the numbersworks. No, I know it clockworks. I don't know other stuff. Let's see. So it's pretty early for carollers. But if you're a Christmas psycho, there you go order some carollers. Remover easy. He influencer Alex Cooper launched an electrolyte drink with Nessle. She's the Call Her Daddy host and she was recently named on Forbes for the thirty Under thirty. She's partnered with them for this unwell hydration. It's an electrolyte beverage. It's low and sugar and has b vitamins in it. The website says it's gently caffeinated and comes in strawberry, orange, tibiscus, and mango citrus flavors. Available January first. But she's been doing all these photo shoots and stuff with it. She says, this drink is primarily catered to women. She wanted to develop it because every time she wents to go get an energy drink or any type of hydration drink, she says those were catered to men.
Speaker 1: This one's for the girls. Clam Power.
Speaker 4: Clam Power continues to rage on hind mmer.
Speaker 3: Cody Hansen says he once almost got beat up by Chad Kroger calling him Canadian.
Speaker 1: Wow, Canadians are usually pretty docile.
Speaker 3: Well apparently, like it was one of his favorite bands growing up, and then they kind of became buddies with them, The Pinder and Nickelback. They spent a couple of summers recording in Vancouver and one of the summers was at Chad's house, so they kind of knew him, and he says that, you know, he calls him Canadian and then Chad like storms off with his massive security guard and Kroger approached Hanson and said, oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: He said, the quickest way to piss off.
Speaker 3: A Canadian, for someone from Canada is to call him a Canadian.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 3: And that's that's what that's what this uh.
Speaker 1: This says, people call me an American because I am.
Speaker 3: He says, if you want to make a person from Canada mad, the first thing you do is call him a Canadian.
Speaker 1: My does get mad when we call him a Canadian. That's true. An American a Canadian, Well, you're a Canadian ruffles my American feathers a little bit right, just like Chad. But Chad is those are house headline.
Speaker 3: This is Listen. It's a long story, and the way he's telling it, please.
Speaker 4: Just go click on the link. I did not do a good job telling the story.
Speaker 7: Texan or On Thursday night football, Lions got by the Packers thirty.
Speaker 1: Four to thirty one.
Speaker 7: Texans will be going to buy this week, so it should be a stress free Sunday for you if you're a Texans fan. It is conference championship weekend in college football. Though tonight UNLV and Boise State played for the Mountain West championship game, and Army is gonna take on Tulane for the AAC title. Both those games kick off at seven tomorrow. Iowa State faces Arizona State for the Big Twelve title game, ut is gonna play Georgia in the SEC Championship, Oregon faces Penn State for the Big Ten title, and finally SMU will play Clemson in the ACC Championship game. In basketball, Rockets fell to the Warriors last night, ninety nine to ninety three.
Speaker 1: They fought fifteen eight on the season. That'll be fine. I know fine, nobody pays the Warriors. It's fine.
Speaker 7: I have a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in Poots. It's like we can't beat the Kelsey's on this show, like we just can't beat them. Yeah, they just keep coming back for more. Need Clan Power.
Speaker 16: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, the Bus, Come on Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Man right Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday and free Bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Who's this this, Josh? Josh? You call her ten? Come on you get out of here.
Speaker 5: RN.
Speaker 1: How you doing this? Case number five?
Speaker 10: It felt like I was gonna go extink.
Speaker 1: On hold xtine. Okay, So that's a huge accomplishment. That's five cases of beer. How long has it taken you to accomplish five cases of beer? Josh?
Speaker 10: Bright it right, it's Vincent's day one.
Speaker 1: Come on, so twenty years five cases of beer? Yes, they're pretty good. This is awesome there because we're putting up the.
Speaker 7: Tower crane in the Woodlands today and the guys are stoked.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 1: I was just in the Woodlands yesterday and I was praising it. Listen. I know how great the Woodlands is. I get it. I know how great it is. But man, going around and hanging out at Market Street yesterday, it really it was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: It's so awesome up there. Yes, sir, the guides are traffic listen. Yeah, well that's everywhere, dude, that's everywhere. That's Houston. Maybe. Yeah, if I can get about four more that is, if I get about four more lanes on forty five North, that'd be nice. You know, throw another four lanes southbounds for me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Hey, man, on that.
Speaker 1: I should have asked Santa for that. All right, Josh, congratulations on case of beer number five. Thank you for all those years.
Speaker 10: Man, I appreciate it. Brother, you'll have him. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Merry Christmas to you. That's on now, right, Merry Christmas? Saying that full off, even Scrooge says, yes, Scrooge McDuck over there, you are kind of crusty on most things.
Speaker 4: Twin, you're getting them confused.
Speaker 3: Someone doesn't want to get a treat because he has to go get it.
Speaker 1: Chili. Have you ever told anybody Merry Christmas.
Speaker 19: Day?
Speaker 1: That guy? That's why I play Michael Bublay. He needs it. Bu Blay is the only thing that can save that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that true, Chili, bu Blay, He's gonna do.
Speaker 5: It, Chili.
Speaker 1: Have you ever told anybody Merry Christmas? Is he talking? This is Mike not working? He might be on the phone. Okay, all right, well dang so busy. The answer is no, he's never told anybody Merry Christmas. Hey, Chili. So what happened is the camera's now working and then nothing else is so now I just him pound his desk like I can see the engineers right now. Listen, do you want the camera or the microphone? You can't have both?
Speaker 4: Oh, I see who it man?
Speaker 1: I need to keep for his studio. Nobody else could use this studio but us. Yeah, what happened, Chili? You've ever told anybody married Christmas? I was about to tell yeah, yeah, yeah when I was a kid. He's like, I did so much of that. When I turned thirteen, I said enough enough work, enough moving things, enough being nice and merry Christmasing thirteen. It ended. I mean, if it doesn't come generic, then why say? Okay, all right, he's got a meaning, Chili authent that's our guy over there. All right, well, thank you, Chili. I'm glad the microphone's working. It's good to see you as part of the video broadcast. Hey, it's our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Chili. You got that link up. The text messages is what they want right now, so you can get the phone number on there. But just the text message should be the one that we're really pushing. Now, Okay, that's it. He's done talking to us. God, he's done talking.
Speaker 4: The phones are back The phones are back up.
Speaker 1: The phones are working okay. So one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help a kid at Saint Jude by cancer. Tessa is gonna have an update in trending after this.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock, Houston's Canada, and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. We're down two cases already. Thank you Specs for the beers. They've been on with us all year. Again. Eight o'clock beer, nine o'clock beer. Then open phones Friday. Uh huh uh huh huh huh. Where are some of these tickets that are going on sale today? Pierce the Veil goes on sale today at ten o'clock. I'll have tickets for you coming up. Here's what I got for you. Tessa's going to talk about what's trending, and then I'm going to give away those Pierce the Veil tickets are last pair before they go on sale today at ten, and then I thought it might maybe made we jump around.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just thought maybe we'd you guys would like to jump around a little bit. The other tickets that are going on sale today are ac DC tickets. Those on sale at noon for the show at at and T Stadium. We'll have our last pair of tickets on know the show. What's trending over there?
Speaker 3: Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is day two of our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture, and the phones are up, so call now one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. That's how you become a monthly donor. You pledge just nineteen dollars a month help kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. What a lovely cause that is. You can put your gift on a credit card. You get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt and then the Saint Jude's sweatshirt that is very soft.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing it for a second day in a row.
Speaker 4: It is lovely.
Speaker 3: The weather is perfect for it right now, So again call one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three one eight hundred five eight eight one, four.
Speaker 1: Three, three, Okay, what else?
Speaker 3: A real quick shout out to Josephine from Katie and Jasmine from Houston in honor of Abigail. Those are our most recent partners in hope.
Speaker 1: Okay and go guys, all.
Speaker 3: Right now, let's talk about that. Let's I mean, let's talk about Cardi b. She did a sponsored post for a clothing brand she In and her fans.
Speaker 1: A Carnie Broke.
Speaker 3: I mean, why would she partner with Shean, who is like not a luxury brand.
Speaker 1: Well, they've got money to spend.
Speaker 4: And Cardi comes.
Speaker 3: Back and she's like, you know, I could sign a deal and I would have five million in my bank account in the morning, and this and that. She says she spends around three million dollars a month. That's her budget.
Speaker 1: So it's still so weird to me in that rap culture to talk about money. It's so flashy, like it's so important to flash and flex and take a picture in front of your car. Who else would say that they spend three million dollars a month and like brag about it. It's so weird to me.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, it's it's weird that it's still happening.
Speaker 1: Because back in the day, right.
Speaker 3: Like stacks and cash and bling bling and that was a.
Speaker 1: Thing that was a moment.
Speaker 3: But the fact that it's still happening in the Year of Our Lord and Savior twenty twenty four is pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. It's just you can just say, hey, I'm doing just fine. But to tell us that you spend Does she really spend three million dollars a month's her budget? That's what she spends wasting a lot of money? Then you really are? You really are?
Speaker 3: Why is Bath and body Works trending on the X right now?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Oh the twenty bucker?
Speaker 3: It's no, it's candle Day. It's nine ninety five for their three Wi candles.
Speaker 1: Oh so you know what I always says that what I call the twenty bucker. Yeah, it's like when you just start dating somebody, you're like, yeah, what do I get?
Speaker 4: The new girlfriend gives.
Speaker 1: You go get the twenty bucker?
Speaker 4: I like a loof of Okay.
Speaker 3: So apparently their website crashed like five times because it's Candle Day.
Speaker 4: People are very excited.
Speaker 3: There's this huge NYC display if your A Rewards members, are you coupon? So Bath and body Works selling their three whit candles for nine to ninety five today. They normally run for about twenty six dollars, So that's a deal. I love how we went to talking about spending three million a month to like, let's get a good deal on a three whit candle please for under ten dollars. That's what's trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Yes, and tickets to give away.
Speaker 3: I do I have a pierced the veil on there. I can't hear you. Tour at Woodland's Pavilion. Tickets go on sale today after the show at ticketmester dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, this will be all our last pair obviously, so if you want them, come get them. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. You know what I'd like to do? Yeah, so I'll just I'll be the guy over here jumping. You know when you guys are calling to win those tickets seven one three two one two five nine four five because we bust out the House of pain and we jump around. We do it every Friday, ninety four to five the bus.
Speaker 5: It's nice?
Speaker 1: Oh is it nice? I came to win today? Okay, battle me to.
Speaker 7: Sin ninety the buzz man.
Speaker 1: Do I look forward to that every Friday? I hope you do as well. Good morning, rod Ryan showed. Look at the dial, it says ninety four or five buzz right, It's what how we do it, baby, It's how we do it in the morning. How we get the rain coming this weekend? Why? I don't know, Like I want to do Christmas things with the kid. Yeah, and it's like it's gonna be Christmasy things that are in the rain with the kid. You know, Like, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it. Have you ever been the Dewberry farms, Alex?
Speaker 3: Where's that?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 4: Where is that?
Speaker 5: You? Dad?
Speaker 3: You dad?
Speaker 4: Boys?
Speaker 7: You full cheery Katie area that way.
Speaker 1: I have my mom the field chips do when she was a teacher. Yeah, we're going with my in laws. Okay, it's right place. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to go this weekend though, I don't know. It's cool.
Speaker 4: It's next weekend with at Low.
Speaker 1: It's a good. Yeah, I don't want it. I want to have a kid. I'm just gonna you need the kid.
Speaker 4: You need somebody. You can't just go No, your kid.
Speaker 1: Apple. We got apple guns there, like they fire apples air guns.
Speaker 3: Okay, so is it kid or for you?
Speaker 1: That's the one thing fits for me? Okay something for me?
Speaker 3: Apple picking? Is it an orchards?
Speaker 20: A farm?
Speaker 1: Christmas trees? Get out a little train Christmas trees. That's cool. You know what they Christmas tree shaker Christmas put it on this thing. They don't just like grab the stump and like hit it on the ground a couple of times. They put it on a machine, put it and it shakes the tree and all the bugs out of it.
Speaker 3: Do you get in a real tree?
Speaker 1: There's talk of a secondary tree in the house that right now, excuse me.
Speaker 3: You see Santa once and now you're you know, quite jolly. His jolliness is rubbed off.
Speaker 1: This is the second time I've run into Santa now this season. It really sets me up. But it really sets me up. I mean seeing Santa Claus running into him in the woodlands yesterday when it wasn't planned. It's one thing. You're standing in line, you take the kid, the kids dressed up.
Speaker 3: Can't you have an expectation of Santa?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're sitting in line, you're spit washing your kid's face. You're getting ready to meet the kid, you meet the guy and all that. That's one thing. But when you just random I have two random run in the Santa moments already this year. That's awesome. It's just I don't know how to explain it. It's different. It really is different. It is magical. So let's get away. These tickets here, Good morning Rob Ryan's show, Good morning, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 5: It's Rachel Paul.
Speaker 1: It's the last pair of tickets we got. You want to give them to her?
Speaker 4: You want to give her, Rachel Paul? Would you like these tickets?
Speaker 1: Rachel Paul, tell her what she's got them?
Speaker 3: Okay, there to pierce the veil. They're win them before you can even buy them. It's I can't hear you tour coming.
Speaker 1: To Woodlands June twelfth. They're yours.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Rachel Paul.
Speaker 8: Have a.
Speaker 1: I mean, I too, have two first names, so I know I know how it feels. Rachel Paul, Ron Ryan coming at you. Congratulations, have a great time at that show.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: The other tickets that are going on sale today, it's the ACDC show at noon to play at at and t Stadium. We'll have tickets for you on know the show. Okay, Day two of our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Shout out to Mattress Mack. We'll talk about him next week too because Tuesday is going in for open heart surgery and of course we're always miss wishing Mac the best, but we appreciate him stepping up and helping us out again with our Radiothon with our friends at Saint Jude. If you want to become a monthly donor, you can pledge just nineteen dollars a month to help the kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. I was on the campus this year. I went to the the hospital. It's it's an unbelievable place. I got to meet a girl that went through treatment there and she was there with her grandparents and not a dry eye in the room.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 1: Just the parents said, we just didn't have the means, We didn't know what was going to happen with her. And with the advanced research and everything that they do at Saint Jude, they saved this girl's life. You know, they saved your life. Amazing. You can put your gift on a credit card. You get the new shirt, the shirt saved Lives. I'm wearing that T shirt today, the Saint Jude's sweatshirt Tessa Alex Hello.
Speaker 3: Running it back.
Speaker 1: They too, These guys are wearing I wore this yesterday too, so they're standing by. They're here. They're great people. The people that work for Saint Jude are awesome. You know, it's just they're good people. Everything about this organization. I can't say enough about it.
Speaker 4: It is December.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows Saint Jude is awesome. My mom has sent me a gift yesterday I got I knew what it was immediately because it comes in in that styrofoam. It's Omaha Steaks. It's a great gift. My mom always gets set for me. And inside there was a Saint Jude like little flyer. So I mean like even the Omaha Steak people are like, yeah, let me, we'll throw this in with every one of our orders. We want to help you guys out. It's like everybody wants to help them. My cleats.
Speaker 7: Last week in the NFL, there were like ten NFL players that were Rock and Saint Jude clean.
Speaker 1: I want to say, Bill Kauer even like.
Speaker 7: Oh, Yeah, the analysts and coach Kauer his cleats were for Saint Jude.
Speaker 1: But it's it's it's not enough. It's one thing to get the awareness out there, but it really comes right down to it. And you know, we're not shy about it. They need your money. They need your money because no kid has turned away, no famili's turned away. Yeah, the parents never get a bill. Call one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. Again, one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. There's numbers. There's numbers. There's goals that we're trying to hit each and every hour. Don't worry about that. I'm talking to you right now. I'm just talking to that one person that's driving into work, one person that's sitting in the parking lot you're waiting to go in. It's like, boom, you could do that right now. You could do that right now. It's seven thirty five. I know you're five minutes late. You're supposed to be there at seven thirty. Take another five minutes. Yeah, take another five minutes. They're not gonna keep you on the phone long, Okay, call one, eight hundred and five eight eight fourteen thirty three. All right, let's try to hit these goals today.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the widely celebrated end of the year profit scam known as Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh. The Rod Ryan Show. It's ninety four five the buzz ninety four or five the buzz like a park in the end. Rod Ryan's Show, Sat Jude Radio thon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. It's on. Win got some water and then I was gonna go stop by. We got the people answer the phones here. Yeah, they're answering the phones. If you call one eight hundred and five, eight eight fourteen thirty three, they're here. They're taking your calls. They want you to become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help the kids over at Saint Jude fight cancer. So you got people up early in the morning. You know, they obviously drew the short straw that they got to do the morning show. You see people walking around like zombies. Like you can tell there's a few people that just you know, they don't normally they're not normally up this. So they're like, oh God, I feel bad for everybody. I'm like you got the morning gig. Huh, Like, yeah, I got the morning gig. We're superior beings in the morning.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me, I sho, he's like you leave it. I was a yeah, He's like, get some rest. I was like, not in my wildest dreams when I get some rest.
Speaker 1: Just a little fun, little didbit I wanted to pass along to you because we've been so busy in uh in Caveman diet news. Oh, got some Caveman diet news for you. Okay, who's covering this today? Ice age people in North America here they ate mammoth meat, which makes sense. Mammoth, you know, like a wooly mammoth. Yeah, like ice age.
Speaker 4: They would trap them.
Speaker 1: Samuel my way, Sid Simeon. Wait no, he was a sloth. Oh, Sid, They probably ate sloth me too. But check this out. Fossil records of a woman who lived thirteen thousand years ago showed that ninety six percent of her diet was meat, forty percent of it was mammoth meat.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: How can we is it carbon dating? I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: We do that.
Speaker 1: How can you? I don't know? You found this chick's fossil, and then you start dissecting her diet and you start going through what she ate. If it's like completely fossils.
Speaker 7: I sometimes they'll find stuff in the ice and they'll be like, Okay, well we can see the contents of its stomach.
Speaker 1: Every now and then there's that article about.
Speaker 7: Like we found it completely perfectly preserved wooly mammoth in an article.
Speaker 1: God, carve me up a mammoth steak. Okay, yeah, put that on the ground. Carve me up a mammoth steak. We can't bring him back on the gri well if it's completely preserved for this sucker Jurassic Park, No, we can't.
Speaker 4: We need some mosquitos.
Speaker 3: That's big, that jumped.
Speaker 1: Fall the mammoth. I get him on the get him on the smoker. I want some man rocking alternatives.
Speaker 13: The rod Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five, Buzzo.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. It's always good when the Offspring's on that You're gonna go far kid. It's free beer Friday. I gotta get to another case of beer coming up. Thank you Specs for the beers again. Another huge year with our friend specs Testa making her videos us giving you the beers every morning. I got beers straight up at eight and nine, and then we'll turn it over to open phones Friday. That means we turn it over to you guys, ac DC tickets on know the show and the weekend not a wash. I mean today we're good man. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, but the hide today fifty seven so cold, thirty percent chance of some afternoon showers. Tomorrow will be hovering in that mid fifties again warming up, but more show hours on Sunday, seventy percent chance of some showers coming. And it's day two of our Saint Jude Radiothon presented by Gallery Furniture. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: I do, and I want to.
Speaker 3: Start by thanking Brianna from Cleveland because she is the latest partner in hope for us, and then Jeff from Houston as well.
Speaker 1: So thank y'all so much.
Speaker 3: You are a part of the reason why we've been able to raise so much money up until this point. Now this is day two, so we're getting into the home stretch of things. And if you didn't know, you can become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help kids at Saint Jude fight cancer.
Speaker 4: We had people.
Speaker 3: Standing by to take your phone calls right now one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three Again one eight hundred five eight eight.
Speaker 4: One fourth three.
Speaker 3: You called that number, you put your gift on a credit card, and you'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt and you'll get a Saint Jude's sweatshirt. And I mean, you're just gonna, you're gonna, you're gonna help kids.
Speaker 4: That really really needed.
Speaker 3: Okay, Rod was able to go to Saint Jude this year. I thought that was one of the coolest things you probably did this year.
Speaker 5: Rod. Yeah, it was amazing to go over there.
Speaker 1: Just checked in on our all the people answering the phones this morning, what are they up to it? They're looking good, and just snapped photo and getting it up on our on our stories and just thanking them for coming in. You know, I mean you got the early shift. Yeah. Okay, welcome to Hell, Welcome to our world. Okay, welcome are the Kremlin came Okay, No, they're in great moods. They're answering the phones, they're taking your your credit card numbers. Guys, it'll make you feel good. Man. Thanks to everyone that has already stepped up to become a partner in hope. But if you haven't, call them. Okay, one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three.
Speaker 3: And so this morning, Rod, I think you said the total for the toteboard sponsored by KBR was at like twenty.
Speaker 1: It was two hundred and forty three thousand when we walked in. So yesterday the first day total was two hundred and forty three thousand, one hundred and thirty three dollars. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now it is at two hundred and sixty five, five hundred and fifty dollars. Over two hundred and sixty five thousand dollars raised, guys, we're doing it. It's one person at a time. It's not one person doing it's the collective. No one does that better than Houston. So let's keep it going. Okay, that's gonna be our headline. And then another big story, and the Blue Cross Blue Shield is all over the news. They're backing off on their decision to not cover anesthesia under certain conditions. So originally Blue Cross Blue Shield announced that they're not going to reimburse anesthesia costs if the surgery went on for what the insurer deemed too long. That news drew outrage across the internet as well as with doctors, as well as with the American Society of Antithesiologists. They were like, I think the American Antesthesiologists put out a note. They were like, typical money grab. This is what it sounds like. It sounds like another typical money grab. Well, that announcement of the controversial policy is now being halted.
Speaker 4: It comes one day after the.
Speaker 3: Murder of the United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. Are these things related. Some people are saying yes. Some people are saying maybe not. But that's the big news. Okay, that's the big serious headline. All right, let's switch gears here. If you're in your twenties, you may be able to pound drinks at a heavy metal concert and then head into the mosh pit without worrying about needing to hit the bathroom or losing your spot because you're just young. You have this bladder right that can just withstand.
Speaker 4: Bumps and bruises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know even when I was younger. You gotta go, you gotta go. You're having those beers at the concert. But I see where you're going with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if you're an old school masher, you still want to get in there. You really don't have that luxury like you kind of got. Like my dad times his watch by you when he knows he's gonna have to go pee.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's got it all figured out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before any twenty minute car ride, I gotta go for a Yeah, so listen.
Speaker 3: Liquid Death they're the canned water company, the metal themed canned water company.
Speaker 4: Liquid Death.
Speaker 3: They have partnered with adult diaper company Depen and they have created a special absorbent undergarment that is perfect for washing. It's called the Pit Diaper, and they say it's made a premium, cruelty free, quilted pleather accented with chains and spikes. That way, it's lessly blends into any outfit you might wear a wash Pit.
Speaker 1: Liquid Death too, those are big cans. It was a lot of liquid. Yeah, it's a lot of hydration. So I don't mind my kid drinking them because they're not energy drinks. We talked about this. I don't mind my kid drinking them because that's the most water she drinks. So drink that, hild huge can.
Speaker 3: This pit diaper is compatible with the pen guards for men, and each pit diaper comes with a full pack of de pen guards for men.
Speaker 7: If you have to wear a diaper to get in the pit, maybe the pit's not anymore.
Speaker 1: Maybe just get other seats, Alex, don't be ridiculous, dog. I'm just saying you sound like you're too old for the pit. Well I'm telling other people they're too old for the Put a diaper in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Oh, Chris, Hey, that's really gross. All right, let's talk about Dolly Partons.
Speaker 1: Let's go from the pit, from the pit.
Speaker 3: To nine to five?
Speaker 4: Can't give you that?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: So Dolly Parton the musical the Broadway musical Dolly and Original Musical, is on a casting search for the upcoming production. Dolly announced the search for Dolly on her Instagram. I'm saying she's looking for talented performers who can capture the spirit of her journey.
Speaker 1: She is welcoming anyone like so if.
Speaker 3: You have experience to your experienced theater, professional great. She also wants undiscovered gems to audition. Is that a thing anymore like our undiscovered gems? Like, if you're talented, you're kind of around the interwebs, right you probably? Okay, Still she wants you to go try out. More information about the casting search can be found on dallimusical dot com.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is the one from Houston?
Speaker 3: Got in on there? We have talented people in listening. Go get in there. Some forty Ones' Australian tour has been canceled. Derek Weagley has pneumonia. They shared it a statement on their Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's for the Good.
Speaker 3: Things Festival, which they were supposed to co headline. They let fans know they wouldn't be there. Derek has pneumonia or he had it earlier, and that caused them to cancel their Brisbane performance on December fourth. All dates on the tour scheduled through next week are now off.
Speaker 4: Sorry guys, those are recent sidelines.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex.
Speaker 7: On Thursday Night Football, the Lions got by the Packers thirty four to thirty one lines for a fourth down late in the fourth quarter to set up the game winning field goal. They could have just kicked the field goal but did not want to give the Packers the ball back.
Speaker 1: Dan Campbell, head coach, the line got balls. Dude's got balls.
Speaker 7: Texans are on a buy this week, so if you're a Texans fan, you should have a stress free Sunday. It's conference championship weekend in college football. Tomorrow at eleven, Iowa State's going to take on Arizona State in the Big twelve title game. At three, that's probably the biggest game of the weeknd Number two ut faces fifth rank Georgia in the SEC Championship game. Then at seven, Oregon faces third ranked Penn State for the Big Ten title. And at seven and also at seven, SMU plays at Clemson in the ACC title game. In basketball, the Rockets fell to the Warriors last night, ninety nine to ninety three.
Speaker 1: They fall to fifteen to eight on the season.
Speaker 7: They're gonna have a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 16: Sports, rock and alternative Fair Houston, The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 5: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz, Come On, Mony.
Speaker 19: Mony, Mony, Monday, No Hitting Smooze because the days Farty Friday, me Cold Bull song called him Rob Brye cook the phone on them about the cold and screaming my boss.
Speaker 1: Color in nor from Suit.
Speaker 2: Friday Street Friday Friday, Rama Friday, Monny Friday, fay.
Speaker 8: Man Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And Damn Friday, Damn Friday, Ride Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Morning Brother Rob. Hey, who's this?
Speaker 10: This is Rob?
Speaker 21: Rob?
Speaker 1: Your caller number ten? Come on out, Shandy. It is outstanding of time. I've been trying to do this for years. I had a five time guy this morning. I think the first beer winner. He said it was his fifth time in twenty years. Yeah. I mean it's not call or ten Robbie numbers, but this is the first time you've won beer from us, Rob.
Speaker 6: It sure is.
Speaker 1: That's good. It's awesome, dude, it took you so long? All right, Ah, here's you're the last time? Well, this is where you just blame chili. It seems to be like what we do around here down clearly it's it's chili. It must be Chili's fault.
Speaker 3: So who do I blame for not hearing the best freebirth Friday tune.
Speaker 1: So far since the last time. I did want to mention that the like that's a really old one too, that one I want to push for that next year. More jingles from the listeners. They're funny. I want more of that. Maybe if we I don't know if we need to actually do a contest for it. But it just seemed like there was all this stuff coming in and then all of a sudden nothing. I don't ask for it either, So for content you hate it? Yeah, no, no, that wasn't an invitation for you to do anything.
Speaker 10: I did that, And what the heck is this?
Speaker 8: Like this?
Speaker 1: And if you do another one, I'll say, what the hookazoos?
Speaker 4: It's art, Rob, a creative expression.
Speaker 1: Rob, make us a free beer Friday song immediately. I don't care if you have any musical ability at all. Just do it, all right, Yeah you're not gonna want.
Speaker 3: That, Just do it.
Speaker 1: Just sing it right now, say free real Friday. I'm like guy sing you want people to continue with sing it now?
Speaker 4: I don't feel good sing it.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do anything. You're on hard task, hard task, hard path, all right, Rob, I'm gonna get your beers man, thank you them. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, rock, thank you.
Speaker 3: I like that he's just like Alex.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to sing and I do and you hate it. But he's not just like Alex Is. He probably can't sing. Alex can sing, you don't like a songbird, and he won't do it. It's a beautiful voice, he just won't do it. So we played the food Fighters my hero off the top of the hour, and we just mentioned this the other day. We all agree that Lincoln Park getting back together Emily the lead singer, that's the biggest rock story of the year. Biggest story is Dave Roll's infidelity and fathering a child outside of the marriage. Is that the number two rock story of the year.
Speaker 3: It's definitely the top scandal to me of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're all the genres, But is it the number two rock story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, it's probably it probably is. Someone might mention someone else something else, but I think for our genre, yeah, it goes Lincoln Park getting back together with a new lead singer and they're touring and then yeah, right after.
Speaker 1: That is I mean, because he's so big, he's so famous, and he's so likable and it's just dil It came out of nowhere. Yeah, Jane's addiction get into a fight on stage. Is that a big rock story?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big one, top five. Yeah, Jane's addiction have ten for sure.
Speaker 3: But see, I won't know until I see them all in front of me, but I think without doubt.
Speaker 1: I'm just yeah, I'm just kind of spitballing him right now, Like this is what happened over the year. But yeah, Dave was a Dave was a bombshell this year and it's been whispered quiet since.
Speaker 3: Wheatbert you couldn't get him out of the news cycle before Dave did Roli popped up over year. You see did Goalie was doing this. He was barbecuing here and nothing.
Speaker 1: Now he's like, thanks, jelly Roll, just keep doing stuff so that they talk about you all the time. Yea, jelly Roll in the news every day, all the time. We just had a birthday the other day and no, just jelly Roll. Jelly Roll unbelievably talented and the rags to rich his story, it's just unbelievable. And he happens to be married. Good for him. Too, bunny XO. However, Okay, it's got to shout it out. It's our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. You know, a cancer diagnosis, it hits the whole family. I don't know if I've mentioned this before. You know, they put up a parent you're gonna leave your kid there. They put up a parent too. And they don't ask for any money. They need your donations, Okay, they never a family never gets a bill. What did we say before Saint Jude was around in the sixties that a cancer diagnosis you.
Speaker 3: Had a twenty percent chance of survival if your kid got diagnosed with cancer. Before then, it was there was a twenty percent chance that they would survive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty percent chance that it wasn't happening. Okay, before Saint Jude was around. Now it's over eighty percent survival rate. Amazing because of the research and everything that happens at Saint Jude's. So it's taking care of kids. But the research that happens and the other thing that was blew my mind was and it's not to go against any other hospital or anything like that, but when they when they're working in the lab they post everything. Look what we found today, and they put that out there for everybody. Okay, when a hospital has some sort of a breakthrough, I'm not going to call any out, but they want to be the ones that they're hoarding that information because of grants and everything that they've got coming in. They don't share that information. Everything that Saint Jude, anything that happens, they put it out there for everyone to use. They share everything. It's a weird thing to wrap your head around. They've invented things, they have found things, they've discovered things, and they've put that out there. If you can use this, guys, go use it. That's what they do. Other hospitals don't do that. They keep that information to themselves. If they've got some sort of a breakthrough, it's all hush hush, keep that to ourselves because we've got all this money with the monetary about it. Yeah yeah, yeah. So it's just one of the other great things about Saint Jude that I would have never known had I not walked around and no apes. There was no apes.
Speaker 4: Why were you asking? That's so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I'm like, are we going to get to see the apes? And they're like, what the girl given the tour, I said, where are the apes? Like, what are you talking? I go, there's apes right Like there's.
Speaker 4: Like the trials, there's a medicinal trials.
Speaker 1: Feel like a whole floor of apes. These like there's no there's no animals here. I would never like a range of tangs are chimps, there's none, there's no apes, hapuchins lit monkey. I'm like, when are we going, like to the basement, we're the apes. There's no apes apes.
Speaker 3: We have partners in hope. Would like to shout out when you're done asking about these.
Speaker 1: When I see a research laboratory, I want to see the apes, like the Planet of the Apes. No, I don't want them in there. I've seen Planet of the Apes too.
Speaker 7: I would be James Francol I would identify with the free all let them go.
Speaker 1: I'm just like you. One eight hundred there's no apes, one ape ape one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three, one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. As a matter of fact, every time I walk into a hospital, I'm just wondering if there's apes there, Like anywhere in the hospital. Is there even one ape?
Speaker 3: This is not helping. We have a twin We need twenty nine partners in Hope by nine o'clock. Okay, okay, all right, so let's.
Speaker 1: Get on it.
Speaker 3: Jason from Houston, you're my dude. Thomas from Houston, you're my other dude. You guys are killing it. Thank you, Thank you for becoming a partner in Hope. You get the T shirt, you get the sweatshirt, and you get Rod right there.
Speaker 1: One of these days I'm going to see a laboratory full of apes. I'm gonna talk to him. Oh my god. All right, guys, make the call please, all right, we'd we'd like to have some fun here. It's a very serious thing. But and they're here. They're standing by the Saint Jude Radio Thon. We'll have another update for you on the flip of us Rock and al Tan.
Speaker 5: D Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. Thank you, specs. What have we got? We got a case of beer coming your way straight up at eight o'clock ac DC tickets the last I mean that Chili you know now, you know his body Chili. You know He's going to put the biggest ticket this week on No the show. He's gonna make you wait the entire show. People waiting to go buy their tickets today at noon ACDC, playing at and T Stadium April fourteenth, we'll have those four are you on know the show? A wall nation tickets coming up. We'll give those away on air. But right now, find out what's trending.
Speaker 4: Oh, we gotta go with Saint Jude.
Speaker 3: We got to do our Saint Jude radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture.
Speaker 4: We have been telling you we need partners in hope twenty nine.
Speaker 3: By nine we are at eight twenty five, so we still have a half hour to do this.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Let's do the text line. Just text the word.
Speaker 3: Kids to six two six two sixty two and you can become a monthly donor. You pledge just nineteen dollars. This all helps Saint Jude. Helps kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. They're battling something bigger than us. So put your gift on a credit card. You'll get that new this shirt Saves Lives t shirt. Just text Kids Kids to six two six two sixty two. Click the link from Saint Jude to donate and boom, just like that, you're a partner in hope and boom, just like that, you help us get to our goal by nine o'clock again, another one I want to shout out Jason from Houston and Thomas from Houston. Those are our latest partners in hope. All right, So that's our first trend. Our second trend is what the hell vitamins minerals is?
Speaker 1: Marisa tome On Like.
Speaker 22: Okay, I'm lad I'll be recognizing this years old. I you know when this hit movie at Yeah, when at most when the movie The Wrestler came out.
Speaker 1: She played a stripper in that movie. Yeah, and that movie's that movie's at least ten to twelve years. I don't know, probably fifteen, right, I'm always wrong on those things. She looked amazing back then. She's sixty now she just doesn't age, no, and we don't talk about her, you know, we talk about some of these other chicks that you know, they're in the news all the time, and she needs to be like on a pedestal, yes, the Holy Grail and listen for me.
Speaker 4: I know, listen.
Speaker 3: I know there's probably been tweaks and stuff.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 3: Some people just have like bomb genetics. Their skin is like made of elastic.
Speaker 1: I know how I talk about Elizabeth all the time. Yeah, Marissa Tomain, he's being that discussions.
Speaker 3: She's like Yeash's timeless.
Speaker 1: And speaking of.
Speaker 3: Batties, Speaking of batties, Marcus Stewart was like fan girling over Rihanna. They were at some charity gala together, and Mark the Stewart is like, Rihanna is so beautiful, she's statuette. She has a very handsome and funny boyfriend asap rocky.
Speaker 5: Like Martha Stewart.
Speaker 3: Fan growing over Rihanna was not on my bingo card, but I love it. I'm here for it because I don't look at at girls by any chance.
Speaker 1: I think I skipped to Martha Stewart's story.
Speaker 3: Don't skip Martha Stewart's hot right now.
Speaker 1: She just had her documentary.
Speaker 3: Don't skip the stories on her, please.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you she's very hot right now. That's what's trending on onety four five, the buzz I have a Nickey Minaj. She's having a birthday this weekend. I didn't skip over that. Oh okay, interesting, never skip over that ass interesting dragging a wagon.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't look clam Power. We'll get a girls log page clam Power from now on. And someone else suggested clam Power be a band name.
Speaker 1: You get away with it. Yeah, you gotta reprint those shirts. What are you giving away? A well Nation tickets at house loose? Okay, I'll say call her number ten seven one three. Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz.
Speaker 16: Twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ninety five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show, nickel Back. I don't know. Some weird stories on these marks.
Speaker 3: Dude, I've read it three times.
Speaker 4: I still ended up crying together.
Speaker 1: So no, no, what the hell you're talking about. The drummer of Hinder almost got into a fight with Chad Kroger because he called him a Canadian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were like girls at an after party.
Speaker 1: And did you guys ever see dude, where's my car? Yeah, like a long time Agos coucher and Stiffler and they were walking around and they said, hang on a second, there's something very Canadian about this. That story was very Canadian, So I hope I didn't offend Canadians. But I don't know what the hell you were talking about, but you got one more shot at it, coming up to twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: All right, literally, everyone pray for me.
Speaker 1: The story is so dumb. You got one more shot at that. Good morning on the phone here, Hello, Hello, yeah, Hi, who's this.
Speaker 10: Your caller number ten?
Speaker 1: Emilio. Congratulations, Yeah, dude, congrats got to do. Thank you, dude. It's a wall nation at April first, No fools, huss the Blues. Oh cool, you're into the ship.
Speaker 23: It is cool.
Speaker 10: Amelia.
Speaker 1: Where are you from? It's good laugh from Houston. All right, dude, all right, Amelia, have a great weekend. Thank you for being a part of the show.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Ron, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 7: I was good.
Speaker 1: You know you were talking about I left Martha Stewart off of the uh. I already had an off the Looking at Girls blog page because already had an old bird on there. Okay, the world's oldest bird just laid an egg at seventy four years old. That's on the Looking at Girls blog page. What kind of bird is It's a it's a I'm glad you asked. It's a Lesian albatross. It lives on an island in the Pacific twelve thousand, well twelve hundred miles northwest of Hawaii. She was tagged in fifty eight. She may even be older than seventy four. She's hashed more than thirty chicks in her life with multiple mates. Horn it around, Oh my god. Yeah, the last one was in twenty twenty one. This type of bird usually lives to be about twelve or forty years, which is a wild span. They say this bird is at least this old bird is at least seventy four and just laid an egg.
Speaker 3: And albatross is also like a scoring golf right and albatross?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because a birdie an eagle, and albatross.
Speaker 14: Is like a whole.
Speaker 4: It's like a double eagle.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it a hole in one on a par five?
Speaker 3: That was that was a fun fact, wasn't it shots on a par five? Isn't that be done with a hole in one on a par four? Okay, So only reference to albatross that I know.
Speaker 1: All right, So I only had room for one old bird.
Speaker 7: Oh my, looking at cross stuarid old bird looking at girls.
Speaker 6: It's there for your Christmas from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Last year, a lottery ticket sold in California for one hundred and ninety seven It was a one hundred ninety seven million dollar jackpot. It sold. It sold last year. Hear me out on this. No one has come forward yet. The ticket expires tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm going to throw up if no one claims.
Speaker 1: It because one hundred and ninety seven million dollars that's going to go unclaimed. No one's coming forward with that ticket. That tickets lost.
Speaker 3: This is my old neighborhood that you still oh, I know the seven eleven. It was bought from at least three bums outside that seven eleven every day.
Speaker 1: If it's your ticket, where the heck have you been? You you're you have a fortune that they're waiting. The winning numbers were twenty one, twenty six, fifty three, sixty six, seventy and thirteen. So if you know someone that bought a ticket in Sino, you may want to let them know. One hundred and ninety seven million dollars. The state will take the money and they'll use it for education. It doesn't go down the drain. But that could be somebody. That's one person there's it's one ticket that expires tomorrow. Oh, it's gross. It's gross. I'm gonna throw up because of that. It's our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. When I say operators are standing by, they are standing by, they are here. We want you to become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help the kids over at Saint Jude fight cancer. Okay, put your gift on a credit card. You're going to get the new this shirt Saves Live t shirt Saint Jude's sweatshirt one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three Again one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. Tesla will have some numbers for you in about ten minutes to see how we're doing. If we're hitting our our hourly goal, and then we're going to move into another case of beer at the top of the hour. Then open phones Friday the ac DC tickets, but yeah, yesterday alone. I heart Houston, all of us and our sister stations and our brother stations. Two hundred forty three thousand dollars a little over two hundred forty three thousand dollars yesterday, so obviously Friday Payday you're hoping to kind of, like, you know, increase that number. So we're trying to get this money. It's one of the best places you could put your money. There's so many of you out there that are like, hey, I want to get involved in a charity. I'd like to do something. Man, you're not gonna do better with that money than putting it into Saint Jude one, eight hundred and five, eight eight fourteen thirty three of us Rock, Andal's here and No. Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, free beer Friday, at least for one more case. Thank you Specs. We'll hook you up at the top of the hour and then boom, we turned the show over to you. It's open phones. Can't wait to talk to you guys. And then we'll wrap it up with some ac DC tickets. Those go on sale today at noon at and T Stadium. Is the is the closest show, So those are the tickets that we're gonna leave you with. All right, Uh yeah, just a solid chance of rain for a good chunk of the weekend. Behind today like fifty seven tomorrow our ol same thing, mid fifties with some afternoon showers and then it's like we got showers almost all day on Sunday. All right, one final time this morning. What you got in Houston's.
Speaker 3: Headlines, Well, we still need eleven more partners and hope for our Saint Jude Radio thon sponsored by Gallery Furniture before the top of the hour, like in the next five minutes, come on five minutes, And I know our sister stations are making the same call, but I do I do want to, you know, put some urgency for you guys behind you because it is going to be our last hour, so we're coming up on our last hour. Become a monthly donor by pledging just nineteen dollars a month, this helps kids at Saint Jude fight cancer. Call now one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. That's one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three Again one eight hundred five eight eight one four three three. You put your gift on a credit card that nineteen dollars a month, you're gonna get the this shirt Saves Lives t shirt that's what Rod is wearing and then the Saint Jude's sweatshirt that music gives to Saint Jude kids. I think this is dope. I love this sweatshirt. So get in on that now, and let me thank our newest partners in Hope before I step away. Stacey from Houston, Susie from Umble, Tommy from Houston, Lewis from Katie, Francis from El Campo Francis. Yes, thank you so much for becoming partners in hope, and thank you for the backups on that, the backup vocals on that We're immaculate.
Speaker 1: Trying to appreciate that I'm your hype man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's talk about Galveston because Dickens on the Strand is returning to Galveston this weekend. This is the Victorian themed holiday facilties. It really is pretty cool because of the rich history that Galveston has. I mean, it looks kind of old timey, but it celebrates Charles Dickens as a part of a town that date that dates back to that time period. So the downtown street, several of them will be closuring the festival. It starts today ends Sunday evening. This is the main fundraiser for the Galveston Historical Foundation, so it's very important that people go and show their support.
Speaker 1: Barbarian Weekend, No it's not Barbarians.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's Texas Renaissance Festival. So this which Barbaria begets the most popular weekend, but this is one of the most popular events that happens in Galveston. It's like, you know, you have a bike a rally, you have Lone Star Rally that goes down there, you have the Marty Girl, and then this is a really fun holiday event. I have a top hat, dude, then go You'll don't give you half off your ticket to If you wear a Victorian costume, you'll get half off your ticket. Normally adults admission is twenty five dollars, so be half off there, and then eighteen dollars for kids if they dress up. Boom boom boom under ten bucks.
Speaker 1: For then if you do like a bill a Butcher from Gangs of New York, it's kind of around that time. Just give give Lenon a cane like a crutch Jack tiny tiny tim tiny London one. Hey, No, I'm telling you about my girl.
Speaker 3: My girl is here for it.
Speaker 1: She's ready Okay, tiny for a ten year old. Yeah, she's not ten six.
Speaker 3: You get more information from the Galveston Historical Foundation website.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I've never been down to that. It's great. I support all things down in Galveston. You know you went to Moody Gardens.
Speaker 4: You've done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've done like the festival lights and stuff with the Iceland and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. How's that slide work in this?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 3: I was at Iceland probably for a little too long yesterday. It's nine degrees in there and they've got that slide made completely of ice. I it was moving at it was moving a little slow last year. Okay, listen, I'm gonna tweet out my video for me going down the slide.
Speaker 4: It was very fast.
Speaker 1: Send that to me.
Speaker 3: I will send it to you and I'm gonna put it on Rod Ryan Show v X on our Twitter account.
Speaker 1: I might hit a little Moody Gardens. Okay, I think you should.
Speaker 4: I think you should. London will like it. I'll shoot you an email.
Speaker 1: We did it last year. But it's like I did that. I went down the slide and I was like, am I too heavy? I'm not moving?
Speaker 3: You got it into the Shiver's bar all the animals made of ice. Very cool. Okay, let's talk about Uber eats. They've added a holiday hub section for people who are too busy or lazy to pick up their Christmas gifts. You can also hire an uber driver to get you a tree. Damn, there you go, Chili. Right here, you can get an uber driver get you a tree. Yeah, they can haul it for you, don't get it to your doorsteps. You don't have to be like Chile and not have a tree because you have to go get it.
Speaker 1: Chili thinks he still got to go cut one down and stuff. He makes it sound like it's such a big production, a tree delivered to your house.
Speaker 3: Chili, there you go, and then tomorrow this is okay, here we go. I'm about to get pissed off again. New York, LA, Washington, d C, Dallas, and Miami. You can hire carollers to show up and sing on your doorstep. Why does Dallas get that and we don't? I don't know whatever, whatever it is, let's move on. Please stop inserting him way behind. Let's talk about influencer Alex Cooper. She launched an electrolyte drink with Neslie. This is the host of Call Her Daddy, so she partnered with Neslie to launch Unwell Hydra. It's an electrolyte beverage that's low and sugar. It has b vitamins in it. The website says it's gently caffeinated and comes in strawberry, orange, I Viscus, and Mango citrus flavors. It's expected to be available starting next year. Cooper says she was always wanting to pick up an energy and she thought that they were all catered to men.
Speaker 4: This one is catered to women.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Unwell Hydration. She made the Forbes thirty Under thirty list as well.
Speaker 1: Call Her Daddy Drinks, Hawk to a cryptocurrency and Bunny XO, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 3: Don't put me in the Hawk two A game? No, I got you, Alex and you and Rod, Yes it is. I want you guys to hold my hand when I tell you this. The Hinder drummer Cody Hansen says he once almost got beat up by Chad Kroger for calling him Canadian a bunch of Chad Grogers.
Speaker 1: I mean, Chad Groger is in really good shape. He's a pretty good sized guy. He's tall, he's a little linking. I bet that you had Roger could kick some ask.
Speaker 4: So listen.
Speaker 3: They were at Chad's house, like recording an album or something.
Speaker 4: But one night they were all drinking.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of girls around and Cody and he says his drum tech at the time, he's like, Cody, man, come here, this is so stupid. They're talking about the metric system, and Cody's like, maybe because Chad's Canadian Canadian, he's using.
Speaker 1: The metric system.
Speaker 3: And Cody somehow thought that Chad.
Speaker 4: Somehow thought.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at you, going what is the problem? What is the malfunctions?
Speaker 5: Now this story?
Speaker 1: Just read it?
Speaker 3: Okay, you wanted to read the whole story? What the eff are you doing? Man, If you want to make a person from Canada mad.
Speaker 1: The first thing you do is call him Canadian.
Speaker 3: The drum tech tells Cody that okay, so Chad didn't.
Speaker 4: Like being called Canadian.
Speaker 3: And then maybe they end up getting drunk later and they're like, dude, I'm sorry for overreacting about that dumb thing that we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 1: They ended up crying to each other. This is the dumbest story sorry, I called you the country you're from. Rod does get up that week. I'd rather have a Bunny exo story right now, maybe Bunny XO with the Kelsey's. I'd rather do that story. This story makes no sense. This story makes no sense. No, it doesn't, and it doesn't make any more sense now that we've had it twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it unraveled more.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, guys, I have more questions now again, me too.
Speaker 5: What do you got?
Speaker 7: On Thursday Night football? The Lions got by the Packers thirty four to thirty one. Lions were on fourth down late in the fourth quarter to set up a game field goal. Texans are going to be going to buy this week, so you'll have a stress free Sunday if you're a Texans fan.
Speaker 1: It is conference championship weekend in college football.
Speaker 7: Though tonight, UNLV and bois Stay are going to play for the Mountain West Championship. Army is going to get a chance to take a conference title home. They're taking on Tulane in the American Athletic Conference Title Game. Both of those games kick off at seven tonight tomorrow at eleven Iowa State. It's gonna take on Arizona State in the Big twelve Championship game. The big game of the weekend here locally, probably though, is UT facing fifth rank Georgia in the SEC Championship game.
Speaker 1: Oregon will play.
Speaker 7: Penn State for the Big Ten title, and SMU and Clemson play for the ACC title game tomorrow night. In basketball, Rockets fell to the Warriors last night, ninety nine to ninety three.
Speaker 1: That makes them fifteen and eight on the season.
Speaker 7: They're gonna have a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 4: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday.
Speaker 16: And right free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Yeah, well, hello, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 10: Raymond Brown?
Speaker 1: Raymond Downtown Raymond Brown, Downtown Raymond Brown. Dude, your color ten. Oh, I'm gonna get your case of beer. Downtown Raymond Brown. Congratulations, Thank you. Where are you from?
Speaker 10: Leak City?
Speaker 1: So well, downtown League City. That'd be cool. Downtown, League City, Raymond Brown. It's a little long, but I'll go with it. I don't mind it. City, League City, downtown, referring to downtown League City, Downtown Raymond Brown. It works, dude, it works, Hey, dude, enjoy your beers. Man, have a great weekend. Okay, thank you. I'm gonna start floating out some more Merry Christmases to people. You're good with that? Oh yeah, hey, merry Christmas. I didn't even need you. I'm glad you threw it back at me. You didn't have to. It wasn't even like a I wasn't like trying to get you to say it to me. But I appreciate the hell out of it, all right, all right, Downtown League City, Raymond Brown. No League City, Downtown Raymond Brown, Raymond Brown, Downtown League City. You know you can just take out the League City. We're referring to that when we stay downtown. Okay, downtown League City. We're work shopping it, bro, We're work shopping that right half in the air. Great job, dude, have an awesome weekend. Hey, you do, all right? Rb DT DTRB Downtown Raymond Brown, lc d T rb LC Come on, hey, are we still doing the same. Jude Radio thon, we are. We got new numbers, we got new goals to hit and stuff this hour. Yeah, what is what are the marching orders for this? We got one more hour now. Jeremy's going to continue this. Teresa is going to continue this. What are our marching orders right now? We need thirty partners in Hope by ten am. Let's go, so we need thirty partners in Hope by ten am.
Speaker 3: The topeboard sponsored by KBR is at a three hundred and twenty eight thousand dollars total right now. Three to twenty thousand dollars. That's amazing, amazing work that we've done this morning. But we're not done. We specifically are not done. So let's finish this last hour strong.
Speaker 1: It's eighty grand over, it's eighty grand today. It's pretty impressive, guys. Great job, great job. Text the word kids to sixty two sixty two sixty two. Text kids to sixty two sixty two sixty two. Surely has this up on the world famous rod Ryan shoppage at the buzz dot com. Listen, we're late, we're already crazy late.
Speaker 5: But it is.
Speaker 1: Open phones for Friday. Open phones for Ariday, more like open phones Fried Day. Let's see what this goat hunter guy wants? Goat hunter? Where are you man? We aren't you in the Tournament of Champions yet?
Speaker 24: Good morning everybody, bro?
Speaker 1: Would you think of that game this morning?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 18: Every game this week has been phenomenal. If you are now waking up at six o'clock to listen to this, you are out of your.
Speaker 1: Damn mind, fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge every morning for now Electric Factory, for now twenty one years. Okay, for twenty one years. We've been playing this game at six twenty Sammy Baker Davis Junior and Abby was not only the best game so far in the tournament, it was one of the best games of the year. And to say that it was an unbelievable I mean upset of the year, upset of the year, like the whole year. Would you agree with that, Corey? Would?
Speaker 24: I would say so far yes, because yeah, Abby came out, she was swinging, but Sammy got her and she came back to questions off the ropes and she had trow like speed for her first time.
Speaker 10: I'm calling it.
Speaker 18: Abby's going to the final four.
Speaker 1: Off the Ropes she got the first question wrong, and then she chimed in early and without much of the question out there, she got it right. It was it was yeah, the drama, the drama.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you would have to play her in the final four potentially if you keep winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you playing, Corey?
Speaker 18: I got Tuesday against Why is the carpet Todd?
Speaker 1: And what is your history with playing him?
Speaker 18: I know you know this, but yeah, Todd beat me in twenty nineteen to win the championship, and I believe in twenty twenty one I knocked him out of the tournament.
Speaker 1: You know what, one and one. But that's the beauty of this tournament. There's the old dogs. I'm not calling you old. You're an old dog though. You're an old goat hunter. You know, the old guy you've been around. And then you got Abby who's never been in it before. Just go check out the Chili's got the brackets up. I mean, Autumn is still in it. Birdman, double O seven coach. Just it's awesome. It's so much fun every morning. All right, dude, I'm looking forward to your game on Tuesday. I really am get some rest this weekend.
Speaker 10: Likewise, man, you'll have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you brother.
Speaker 18: Up and listen to the game.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 1: Everybody listened to this fresh out of bed head to head every morning. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 16: Houston's rocking alternatives The Rod Rock The Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. We'll get back to your phone calls in just the moment I realized that a lot going on with our Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Right now Alex Online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five The Muzz. What's going on over there?
Speaker 7: I got the perfect thing to kill some time at work today. I know this is like the week you were dreading because you had the week off last week maybe where you had Thanksgiving holiday and then you were like.
Speaker 1: Oh crap, I go back to work.
Speaker 7: So now you're just trying to coast through a Friday watching some animals shooting hoops. Dude, Just a bunch of different animals shooting hoops. Some of them are good at it, some of them are bad at it. Some of these dogs can hit the hit the ball off of their nose into the net. Some of these are otters. Sometimes there's a little rat. There's a little rat dunking in a tiny, little rat sized goal. There's an otter, an otter playing hoops in the water, hooping. Yeah, dude, these delates can hoop. There's a pigeon, there's a bird, all kinds of other stuff. Pigeons are birds, I know that. But there's a parrot too. Go check it out. See Samanos playing hoops at the world famous Ride Ryan Show page the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, I never got a chance to ask you about your podcast yesterday because we were so bit busy with the radio. Thought, oh, you would actually maybe like this one.
Speaker 7: We were talking about in power ranking the saddest instruments, what do you think the saddest instrument is the oboobo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, semi Ebo Sounds said, well, can sound really sad like it's as a whimsical though too. The obo could be kind of a funny sound. M Yeah, we powerranked that. Go check that out. We talked about, Uh, did the saxophone get mentioned? No, it didn't.
Speaker 7: We mentioned it as like a you didn't make a top five, didn't make a top five. But that was a pretty fun discussion and whether or not Santa Claus is a superhero, because I think it is, but other people don't go.
Speaker 1: Check it out. It's past the Grey Podcast on our Road, Ryan Shoppage, all right, good stuff, all right, hey, you're in luck. It's open Phones Friday. I'm going down the road. I'm going down the down the line. Here. Let's get you on open Phones Friday, seven one, three ninety four five. James, you're next up. Good morning, Hey, good morning Rod.
Speaker 10: I heard you wish Merry Christmas to downtown Raymond Brown. I was like, I need some of that in my life.
Speaker 23: So the next person I come across, the words happy Christmas come out of my mouth. I was like, damn it, I failed my first attempt. Just a PSA curious happy Christmas?
Speaker 10: Is that appropriate?
Speaker 14: Weird?
Speaker 10: Merry Christmas is a standard? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Happy Christmas is British? British? Yep? I know that because of hairy.
Speaker 10: I don't even know where that came from. I just I needed to try again. So merry Christmas.
Speaker 7: Say you spent you sad a time abroad and then you'll seem like a world traveler to this like it looks Yeah.
Speaker 10: It was the worst person too. I was picking up deer meat. I just shot a deer.
Speaker 23: So I'm talking to this taxidermist guy picking up my deer meat. I tell him Happy Christmas, but he just looks at me like I'm ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm British. Cramp out of here. If you're dragging around Rudolph's carcass, you can say happy cripus Christmas.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, Well, I got some deer meat in the back my trug. Come on down. I'll give you some.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, Thank you, James. Happy Christmas to you. Adam the Cop. I sent him an email this morning. Hey Adam, Hey, what's going over? I don't know if you want to go on record with this. Have you guys seen any of these cars that have Christmas lights all over them? Yeah? That's pretty great, awesome. I think I haven't seen them. Yeah, I got your email. I haven't seen them.
Speaker 20: I work mainly during the day, so okay, I'm going to see any of them.
Speaker 1: What's the light? There was a listener, and I'm talking about Christmas lights, just that you would put on your tree. I could put on the top and Christmas all different colors. But the whole car is covered in them, like maybe you would see in a nighttime parade or something. And she wanted to say, She's like, could you she said, Adam the cops. She's like, could you send it to him? Would he pull me over? I mean, those are not approved lights for a car. It's Christmas time? What are your brothers and sisters and arms? What's the call on that? I mean, everybody's going to be different.
Speaker 20: My call is, as long as they're not too bright, they're not too distracting, especially being this season, I would let it pass. And it's like it's all going to depend on the brightness, on what it's reflecting in other people's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no blinking or anything like that. You know, but yeah, it looks awesome if they look so cool. How are they fixing the lights to the cars? Is it some kind of like a clean I have.
Speaker 7: Have you ever pulled over a Rudolph car where it's got the antlers? I think everybody is a little cocky thinking they would be rude off. I feel like you should get let them off with a warner, but be like, yeah, I take that nose off, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Step out of the car, remove the nose those dumb antlers out of the windows. You're definitely not rude off, You're you're breaking a lot, Adam, What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 20: Actually, I was just making sure I'm I'm coming in clear. I'm actually in the deer stand right now. I'm at the border and to and my daily's and I was like, this, where will be Monday for my game?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't know if I have signal here? Yeah, you sound great. You're playing on Monday, fresh out of bad head to head Tournament of Champions. This is how I am. This is the exact location you're going to be.
Speaker 20: In Monday, Yes, sir, I sent you a picture where I was and I was like, man, I just hope I can come in clear.
Speaker 10: So I was like, I'm calling open.
Speaker 1: Phones the jack all right.
Speaker 20: I didn't know if I'm at the drive thirty minutes into town.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're talking to us. You haven't seen squad out there right.
Speaker 20: Actually I'm looking at a buck right now. But he's probably like two years old, so he's gonna get the pass word.
Speaker 1: He's a baby.
Speaker 5: Is that a bit?
Speaker 3: Okay? He's younger, right that one.
Speaker 1: At least let him go that morning.
Speaker 20: I got a piggy behind him that Oh I might actually take that when I it, dude.
Speaker 10: Kill the.
Speaker 1: Now listen, nobody's ever done this. Could you shoot at that thing while you're on the phone with us? Do it now?
Speaker 5: The big right now?
Speaker 1: I'm probably could. It's gonna be hard, you know, you know we have like truckers like you hit the horn? Like, has anybody ever shot a gun on the air. He's so cool, bagging bag of buck. I mean, no one's around right, I'm just need.
Speaker 20: To make sure he's gonna give me an angle and he's looking straight at me. O.
Speaker 1: MG, let's go get rid of that music out. Oh my god, this is the coolest thing ever. What kind of gun do you use?
Speaker 5: Him?
Speaker 1: Twenty two? Got a three hundred, three hundred one mag. It's a three hundred one man favorite one mag.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: It could be like, should I turn my headphones down? It's gonna blow my headphones?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 11: All right? Here we go?
Speaker 3: Did you get it?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 20: He's done.
Speaker 1: The coolest.
Speaker 4: Send me a picture in a pork chop right now, a man, right now, we.
Speaker 1: Kind of killed that hog to help. Let's Yeah, that was worth the call, bro. That was awesome. That was awesome. That excellent best open phones Friday call ever ever, is better than finding somebody a kidney. Somebody court gonna be jealous on that one. Oh man, dude, it's good. That was awesome. Who what's the next call?
Speaker 8: Not me?
Speaker 3: We'll just see with this guy until there's something else to ship.
Speaker 1: Send me a picture, all right with you? Oh my god? That was awesome. That was badass to try tony.
Speaker 4: If you are not, I don't know on ten on level, I.
Speaker 1: Will show you right now. As I'm listened in the cop, I'm like, shoot him, shoot it, shoot it. Shoot on the screw dude.
Speaker 21: I've had the crabbiest morning ever, and I'm like, shoot it.
Speaker 2: So what's funny is Adam?
Speaker 10: The cop has him and I have a friend together that called me a couple of weeks ago and he was like, I'm sitting here with out of the top.
Speaker 21: We want to know why you don't play fresh out of bed at anymore?
Speaker 1: Why don't you play anymore?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 21: I don't get up till seven thirty now, my.
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 1: So question you guys.
Speaker 21: Ever had a two thousand dollars pot of chilli?
Speaker 1: No geez? I mean how big, is it?
Speaker 10: Uh No, so it's sixteen by nine. But here's what happened.
Speaker 21: When I turned on the food processor to chop up the onions because I'm lazy, it fright my dishwasher. So then I have Then I have this pot on my stove, overnight glass top stove.
Speaker 1: I waked up. My wife was like, dude, the house is full of smoke. What's going on?
Speaker 14: It cracked the glass stove top, damn.
Speaker 1: All because of a pot of chili. A pot of chili that that one.
Speaker 21: Of my employees said yesterday, make that beat a chili you make and.
Speaker 1: Bring it to work tomorrow.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 21: Dollars at HTV for that, and yeah, I'm too grand and honey by the chili.
Speaker 1: He sucks, dude.
Speaker 10: But Adam the copp made Mike Date turn around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, that was awesome. It really was awesome. All right, I'm sorry to hear that man and blows. Uh hey, Mundo's on the phone this week. Window Good morning, guys, little lad man. That was an adrenaline rush from Adam the cop was. I'm telling you that it's never happened before. Guys are jazz dude, dude, I'm.
Speaker 25: Over here thinking about, Okay, how am I going to start this?
Speaker 17: How am I going to say this?
Speaker 25: And then I hear the shot and I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I am I don't know. If I had Apple Watch, it would have flown off my wrist.
Speaker 10: Oh man, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh that was dope.
Speaker 17: I almost forgot what I was gonna off for. But two quick things, because so you can get.
Speaker 1: Other callers on I'm doing. I'm gonna be doing a.
Speaker 17: Weekly check out to see the hoghy suspect guitar has been picked.
Speaker 1: Up yet it's Oh so the guy I heard me tell the story if you remember that was the guy from Manhattan I think for New York City.
Speaker 3: But had family like in Richmond or something.
Speaker 1: Family's coming down to pick up the guitar. Don't give my guitar to he heard me tell the story about you like with taking a with of that guitar.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, okay, that's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 23: I mean somebody gets it.
Speaker 8: End.
Speaker 7: Second thing, we got.
Speaker 25: Two weeks from tomorrow, Saturday, September twenty First, the Past, the Gravyes Christmas Spoctacular, put your time in now go in it's on a Saturday day, drinking Cobo's Q is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: It is gonna be awesome. It is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 25: I'm merry Christmas, and you have a wonderful, wonderful day.
Speaker 1: All right, man. YouTube movie. That's another line. Open seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five best Open Phones over Absolutely pretty great. I mean, he's this one's for the record books. The rod Ryan Show, Good Morning. He's on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. On this Open Phones Friday, Listen, We're having lots of fun here. We're taking your calls. We are still still rolling with our pals. Saint Jude, the Saint Jude Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Become a monthly donor my pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help the kiddos over at Saint Jude fight cancer. No family has turned away, no family gets a bill. Okay, put your gifts on a credit card right now if you can, if you can float the nineteen dollars a month, man, you'll get the new this Shirt Saves Lives t shirt, the sweatshirt text the word kids to sixty two sixty two sixty two. We got a link up on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com Chile. He's got it there as the first link text kids to sixty two sixty two sixty two.
Speaker 3: We need eleven more partners in Hope by the ten o'clock hour. And I do want to shout out Kirby from Houston, Dina from Houston, and Sylvia from Ceely.
Speaker 4: There are three latest partners in Hope.
Speaker 1: Rod, that was the coolest blanking thing y'all have ever done. You all are blanking rock stars. You just turned my blanking day around. I cannot believe what I just heard on the radio.
Speaker 5: Meet me.
Speaker 1: Neither four people text me this is that was awesome? Oh my god, it was so great. Hey, back to the phone's here it is open phones Friday. And Macy might be one of the I don't know if she's the one that emailed me this morning.
Speaker 3: May see the barber.
Speaker 1: No, Macy, good morning, Yes you the barber?
Speaker 10: Did you email me?
Speaker 1: Are you the one that has the lights all over your car? Okay? I send it to Adam. He said, He's like, listen, it's not legal, but you know he doesn't work at night. He's like, I'm not gonna pull her over. I'm not gonna pull her over. How do you affix? These are just regular Christmas lights that you have all over your car? Right, how'd you do it?
Speaker 17: So the videos that have been going around with people getting like the scratches and the messed up paint, so they're hearing them wrong. They're putting packing tape and duct tape and all kinds of crazy stuff like that on their car.
Speaker 1: I use masking tapes, masking tape, like the like the white stuff.
Speaker 17: Like painters tape, Like yeah, like painters tape because it says.
Speaker 3: Masking tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get it in other colors.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, I got black for that.
Speaker 17: And so for the lights, another problem I've been saying is people are getting those really old school like glass lights, like the I forget what they're called. They're not led though, So the ones that are led, they're plastic bolts, and if you put tape between each bolt, those things aren't going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 17: I goss seventy an hour. I got seventy miles an hour for an hour each way to work every day and those things don't move.
Speaker 1: How are you powering the lights? Ah?
Speaker 17: Power and burn that plugs into the cigarette lighter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it and it lights up the whole car. Yes, sir, it's so cool. Can you send me send me another picture so people know what we're talking about. I want to Can I post it? Fit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I also sit testa a photo and her DMS just in case you didn't see that email effort on.
Speaker 1: Ig Okay, yeah, yeah yeah, send me another picture, Macy. I want to see. It's very cool.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 17: It doesn't get a lot of attension. My wife hat not a Christmas person, but she likes the attention. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my other wife, Chili, he hates Christmas too, so I can understand. I know what you're going through, Macy.
Speaker 17: I mean I have three Christmas trees. She's not getting out of it.
Speaker 1: It's so cool. What kind of car do you have? What is that? A Mustang twenty four?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's badass. Would you put that on your story? Soever? We can see macy story and I'll put it on the mazy Merry Christmas me two? Thank you, Thank you so much. Friend on friend off, I think he said I was friend on this week. I can't remember what I said something he liked, actually something that I said to this week, but it might be friend off in a second, Eli, good morning. Hey, hey guys, Merry Christmas, Christmas. I think I'm waiting for a punch though or something. How are you and I? Are we friend on or friend off right now? I don't know. I never know. I forgot what we're friend on? For an up for After the guy shot porky pig? What did you think about that? I was shocked? I so were you?
Speaker 8: Was it?
Speaker 1: Is it outrageous?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Did it make you feel a certain way?
Speaker 6: Tell you something?
Speaker 1: Man, You're not going here on Deanon Rodge, that's for sure. No chance check this out run. We just retweeted it. Oh, he did send the picture. He did get like he could have lied to us. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I would have been like, yeah, of course I got it.
Speaker 1: I would have told you guys that you know, I shot the pig. It was a perfect shot and I dropped my phone and I'm sorry I don't have a picture. I would have lied to you guys. Yeah he got it.
Speaker 3: That was a fun of the X as well.
Speaker 1: Crop shot. Eli, you're not a hunters I was when I was young, but grew out of it.
Speaker 4: He's not a killer, but don't push him.
Speaker 1: You know, he's a taper. He tapes titties. Yeah, he tape. He puts the duct tape and the tape on the girls. He does that so great, he's so great at it.
Speaker 8: But he kicks.
Speaker 1: But he kicks ice cubes under the freezer when they drop on the floor. And that's what started the whole thing where I'm like, I cannot hang with this guy. You can. You gotta just bend over and pick that up. You cannot kick ice cubes under the eli Just if you would stop that, we can get rid of this whole friend off, friend on thing. We get to stay friend on at all times. For a Christmas gift, I would do my best. I mean, is dropping ice cubes that big a problem over there? It is at my home?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, dude, Merry Christmas. Do you you too? Love y'all guys, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Hand on for now.
Speaker 1: I guess he did get the pig.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's a how oh nice nice?
Speaker 1: Oh what d did he crank? Did he crank on that hog?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Does that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's something different.
Speaker 5: On that.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: What I ask you?
Speaker 3: You guys talk about like your clocks and your wealth, your six to news.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to be one of the guys, always giving me the side, and then you end up saying the dirtiest thing on the show. What are you talking about? Cranking Hall power, clamp powers say that. Nobody said, Nobody laughed harder at that than you any person. What do you giving away?
Speaker 4: I know the show clamp power shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh jeezus.
Speaker 3: And Adam takes to the A C d C Special Guests Pretty Reckless at at and T Stadium on April fourteenth.
Speaker 16: All right, I gotta take a break, guys. I'm all jacked up. That was the best rock and alternative.
Speaker 5: To The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning Ryan's Show. Who or a way to wrap up the week? Saint Jude Radio Thon Content Radiothon continues sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Jeremy's going to be in He'll continue it. Teresa will continue our Saint Jude Radiothon. All of our sisters and brother stations are all doing it here at iHeart Houston. What do we need seven people before the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Yes, we need seven partners in hope before ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: Guys, he needs you to make that call. Man one eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. Become a monthly donor by be pledging just nineteen dollars a month to help out the kids at Saint Jude Fight Cancer. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three. One eight hundred five eight eight fourteen thirty three.
Speaker 23: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La Okay, Chili. He's been sitting on these ac and he's sitting on them. He's sitting on these ACDC tickets the whole show he's he's been on them. April fourteenth at and T Stadium. Tickets go on sale today at noon for the whole tour. By the way, so if you're saving your yourself, if you can't make it on the Monday, I think the show's on a Monday, right They're playing in Pasadena on a Friday, and then there's Vegas on a Saturday night. All the tickets for the tour, the US tour leg go on sale today at noon. So for a pair of tickets, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Tell me what band name did someone want added to the list?
Speaker 1: Very simple? Wanted it?
Speaker 3: It's a very simple question. It's a very simple answer.
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, two two five. If you know the show.
Speaker 6: Very Christmas from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The but Good.
Speaker 1: Morning rod Ryan Show. We gotta go.
Speaker 6: He's an now time for know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 14: The but La La La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: David? Welcome to the show. Tesla. You've got a question for David. It's a big ticket here. Be careful, David, What band named do I want added to the list?
Speaker 3: Immediately?
Speaker 1: Let's get this right, David. Is it a clam Power show me?
Speaker 3: Clam Power?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is clam Power? Are you kidding me? Of course?
Speaker 3: It is right.
Speaker 7: You're going to see ic d S.
Speaker 1: You got the last pair of tickets before they go on sale today at noon at and T Stadium, April fourteenth. Have you ever seen them before?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 1: Bro It's buckets, it's bucket list stuff, dude, have a great weekend Mery Christmas, David, awesome, Thank you guys, thank you, bro. Hang on, hang on, all right, guys, it's that time.
Speaker 7: No, that time.
Speaker 1: I could have used a little more cow bells. You're gonna want that cow bell. I got more cow bells, David. I got a fever and the only prescription it's moll cow bell. All right, guys, we gotta go. Can you please continue to tune in? Listen. Jeremy's up next. He's going to continue with our Saint June Radiothon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. We need more of you. We need more of you to become a monthly donor, pledging that nineteen dollars a month is so important. Abby. What a show today. Abby shocked the world. I mean, David was awesome. What a great winner right there. For the ac DC tickets, I mean I felt it. I felt how excited he was. I'm excited too, man. Everyone. Ac DC tickets going on sale today at noon. So Abby shocked the world this morning. I'm sorry spoiler alert. She beat Sammy Baker Davis Junior, who's a three time Hall of Famer. Abby came in here and just in the fashion that she did it was unbelievable. A major upset this morning. Monday is going to be my new hero. Adam the Cop. Was there a better open phones call ever? That, Adam the Cop. No, And that's including like saving somebody's Live and find life and finding them a kidney? That call was better?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Adam the Cops taking ou White Rodney? God, how could you not be rooting for Ed? And I love White Rodney, the other white meat. I love that guy. That's gonna be a great game on Monday. Free beer. Thank you, specs, open phone callers, I mean, come on, Fanny Friday was the number one link today? Did we think? Adam the comp Thank you? Adam? All right, that's it. We gotta go at rod Ryan's show on All Socials. Uh, I think you have six picks? You come after Tessa, right, don't look at the dates, just look at the batting order. Yeah, Tessa, you had six picks on Monday, right coming back from the break. So you got six picks, all right, only a couple of weeks left? Yeah, okay? At rod Ryan Show on All Socials. Rod Ryan Show care store is still open today. I didn't listen. I'm trying to give Saint Jude all the time. We can use for them. But the Rod Ryan Show Care Store is open if you want to do a little shopping. It'll get there by Christmas. Testa's on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Jeremy's up next again, Saint Jude Radio Thon sponsored by Gallery Furniture. Guys, keep it here. Thereesa will be doing that as well. Guys, have a great, a right weekend. All right, a la la la la, take care one another. We're back on Monday, amf.
Speaker 6: SA.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 6: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.