Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The Games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on JR. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Pages, brought you by Coffin lind Injury Attorneys. Good morning, Mike Bianchi.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Do we want to start with Let's start with our our late Mary little leaguers getting it done again, just marching through the loser's bracket. They beat Nevada last night six to three. JJ Feliciano hits a solo home run in the third. Then he comes in last inning and saves the game from the mound. I'll tell you what, this kid is unbelievable, Yeah, JJ Feliciano getting it done, sort of like Jose felicians Feliciano used to get it done back in the day. Come on, baby, la ma faia.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. Yeah, hey dog.
Speaker 1: Now I'm wondering because you've always been the guy who says I don't think the Little League World Series should be on TV. Now you're really excited about it. But last night I did get a glimpse of what you're talking about when that the last kid was up to bat or second to last and he's crying while he's batting.
Speaker 3: Padfl bad for him from Nevada, Right.
Speaker 2: No crime in baseball?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'll tell you what so, Lake Mary. Now two wins away from winning the Little League World Series, they advance into the US Bracket Championship game. That'll be Saturday afternoon. They'll be playing that Bornee, Texas team. If they win that, they advance into the Little League World Series Championship game where they will play the International champion, which is that The International Championship bracket is Venezuela versus Chinese Taipei. I think Chinese Taipei is considered the favorite to win the whole tournament.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: I was in Williams was like.
Speaker 2: Twenty years old on their team.
Speaker 4: I was in Williamsport like three twenty. It was twenty three years ago now when the Apopka Little Leaguers were there. They made it to the US Championship bracket. They won that game against speaking of guys who were twenty four years old, Danny al Monte of the New York team.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Could turned out he was fourteen years old playing in that. But yeah, they won the US bracket and then they of course they lost in the final game against Japan. I think this Lake Mary team sort of. They remind me that of Popka team. They came through the loser's bracket. I think they'll beat Chinese Taipe if they get to the chain.
Speaker 2: You got to get through Texas, who they've already lost to. Let's worry about tomorrow, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I'm just saying they have championship game both they're great picture pitchers, so that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: Right hey, Bulldog, Big race weekend here in Central Florida. We got the Exfinity Series tonight with the Wahwa TI fifteen and the Coke Ziero Sugar four hundred Tomorrow night at Daytona International Speedway.
Speaker 4: Trying under the lights at Daytona. I'll tell you this, NASCAR is getting really interesting down the stretch. There's four playoff spots remaining. There's only two races left. This is the penultimate race before the playoffs, so there's gonna be there's a lot of drivers who are on the outside looking in right now. And we know how Daytona is anyway, because it's a super speedway, so there's gonna be some hard racing Saturday night in Daytona because players drivers are trying to get into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Hey bulldogs, you know one of the pitfalls, pitfalls of you doing your your broadcasts there from the luxury condo deep in the battles of Metro West as you can't be here in person this morning to see the unveiling of the newly remodeled F one Desk which is reopened listening in the early morning sun. Is the F one desk as the F one series and uh you know season picks up for the Dutch Grand Prix. We go to Taco Bob at the F one Desk.
Speaker 3: Here we are everybody.
Speaker 5: I want to let you know from this nude how do you guys like the desk?
Speaker 2: It's awesome, It's it's great.
Speaker 5: From the new F one desk. I want you to know that the desk was remodeled. Everybody's fresh now after a three week hiatus, which means the winner today or this weekend, sorry, is going to be one Max for a step in with a close Orlando Norris.
Speaker 2: Finish Sunday morning at nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah I won't be watching that, okay, but you know who will be?
Speaker 3: You know who will be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you will? You'd probably watch that. You'd probably rather watch that than the kickoff of the college football season tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Are you pumped up? I'm pumped up.
Speaker 4: Florida State versus Georgia Tech over in Ireland, first game of the college football season. Florida State, of course, got snubbed last year from the College Football Playoff. They're looking to get in this year as winners of the ACC since it's the twelve team playoff. I guess they really couldn't stub Florida State this year if they win the ACC, can they?
Speaker 3: Huh? I would hope not. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Florida State, by the way, favored by ten and a half over Georgia Tech. According to the DraftKings, this could be a close game. All eyes are gonna be on Florida State quarterback dj Uyungalladay. But watch out for Florida State's running game. Georgia Tech was awful last year against the run, and Florida State should be able to run the ball right down their throats.
Speaker 3: But we shall see. Pat, now we're talking.
Speaker 1: His sister and brother in law are over in Ireland for the game, and both have both FSU grads.
Speaker 3: Right, Pat, No, my sister is just the.
Speaker 1: Sis and then and then I talked to a friend of mine who's over there, and he said there are so many FSU and old fans over there.
Speaker 3: That yeah, it's gonna look good in the stadium. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Got hey, watch game day tomorrow because Game Day is over there as well. See how the Florida State fans treat kirks.
Speaker 2: Should be interesting, to be real interesting. Hey, we've got a final weekend of NFL preseason action. All the Florida teams in action tonight.
Speaker 4: Dog that's right, Uh, where's my schedule here? It's it's gonna be the Bucks versus is it? The Bucks versus the Dolphins?
Speaker 2: Dolphins at Tampa seven thirty and then the Jags are in Atlanta to take on the Falcons.
Speaker 3: To see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Jags Trevor Lawrence and some of the Jags starters. They're expected to play probably about a half in this game. As far as the Bucks and the Dolphins, the Dolphins are gonna play a few starters. The Bucks plan to play most of their starters at least for a portion of the game tonight. So yeah, final preseason game. We still have to wait two weeks though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the NFL season.
Speaker 2: Start Orlando City resumes operations this evening with MLS games. They'll be on the road Saturday night watch Sporting Kansas City.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: And here's Orlando City just signed that Duncan McGuire to a four year deal. If you remember Unkan maguire there, you know their star. He was a rookie last year's second year player. This year he went over to Europe. Was gonna play in Europe before this season even started. His contract fell through in Europe, so he came back to Orlando City. And now he signed a four year deal with Orlando City.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought he was gonna give us a dog bite there.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna get a dog bark. Here in a moment from Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on a Jason tests and he takes a few minutes here for the sports page on JR. Brought you by Kaufin and Lynd.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coppin every Saturday morning seven thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The game.
Speaker 4: You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oh oh.
Speaker 3: Listen Taco on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app.