Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w b Zkoston's radio.
Speaker 2: So big story out of Boston today was that Boston Mayor Michelle Wou along with three other mayors of sanctuary cities, Brandon Johnson of Chicago, Eric Adams of New York City, and Mike Johnston of Denver, have been called to testify before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform in Washington, d c. And that is scheduled for February eleventh. Sort of interesting, especially when you recall just what is it about thirteen or fourteen months ago, members of Congress and again the Republican majority in Congress who controlled the committees, invited or requested the attendance of the presidents of Harvard, MIT and the University of Pennsylvania. This was in the wake of all of the anti Semitic demonstrations in the fall of twenty twenty three, after the horrific attack of October seventh, and it didn't turn out too well for Claudion Gay, then president of Harvard University. As as smart as she was, she didn't handle herself well. Now, I think the politicians probably will do better, But I think it's going to be a great opportunity for the Republican majority to call into question these mayors because as you look at this, you have the Trump administration now trying to get some bad people out of the country, and you have some communities like Boston and Denver, Colorado, and Chicago.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, to a lesser degree, New York Mayor Adams kind of basically saying to the federal government, Hey, we're gonna We're gonna deal with whatever we want to do here on our own. We're gonna we will basically call the shots. So today Mayor Wu who was back at the State House for the rather at city Hall, I should say, for the first time since she gave birth to her to her daughter, and we congratulate her on that achievement. But she she gives answers which are gonna be fine at city Hall to Boston TV and radar reporters. But I'm not sure that these answers are going to serve her as well in front of Congress and in front of hostile committee. So, for example, let me just play a couple of the sound bites, two or three of the sound bites here from the mayor today sort of to set the stage. This is Boston Mayor Michelle Wu asked about being asked to go to Washington. Of course, I'm sure she will go. The Congressional Committee has said we want all records from I think it's January first of twenty twenty four to February fourth for her to bring those or have those in Washington that talk about any reference to sanctuary cities. Now, Boston is a sanctuary city. We are not a sanctuary statement. Boston's a sanctuary city. So let's start off with CP twenty two, please, Rob.
Speaker 4: We follow the laws fully here in Boston and at the city level. That means standing by our own municipal laws. That means standing by state laws. The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court decision as well that enforces local communities implement local laws and federal government can implement their laws and we are not forced to participate in their actions, just as they are not asked to carry out filling potholes and other things like that as well. So we each have our domain and we feel very strongly that we're on solid legal ground as we're following the law every day.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck with that. I think that's a pretty dumb answer, and I'll tell you why. I think it's a dumb answer. Police do not fill potholes. You have the Department of Public Works in Boston that fill potholes. So I would remind Mayor Woo, who's a graduate of Harvard Law School, that there's a Supreme Court decision in twenty twelve called Arizona versus United States. And for those of you of a certain vintage, you might remember that there was a governor out there whose name was Jen Brewis. She was a Republican, and she signed into law what was called SB ten seventy out there. Basically it was Support Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act, and it was the law that basically went beyond She wanted her law enforcement officers to go beyond what the federal government was doing. Now at that point, President Obama was in charge of the federal government and Eric Holder was the Attorney General, and the US Supreme Court in that particular case, by an interesting decision, you had then Justice Ginsburg, Justice ste Justice Stephen Bryer, of course, who was from Cambridge, and Justice Sotomayor, who was the youngest justice in the Court at the time really just had had only been on the court for a couple of years at that point, she's now a grizzled veteran. The majority opinion was written by Anthony Kennedy, Republican, a Reagan appointee, and John Roberts joined along with Ginsburg, Briar and so Tomayor. There were three descents, Scalia, Thomas, and Alito. Only leader remains on the court. Elena Kagan actually recused herself from the case, And basically the holding of the case was that, in effect, the Arizona Law, which gave authority to law enforcement in Arizona to enforce immigration law, violated the enumerated powers of Congress because it was preempted by the federal statue. So if you have the governor of Arizona saying, look, immigration law is preempted by the federal government, you can't be tougher than the federal government. Does the corollary apply, so that Mayor Wu and Mayor Johnston in Colorado, and Mayor Johnson in Chicago and Mayor Adams in New York cannot ignore the federal law. If the federal law does really preempt immigration immigration law. So I suspect that it's going to be a really difficult appearance and it's set up that way because the majority will be questioned. The majority on that committee, there's some sharp that's a committee headed by the guy from Kentucky, James Comer, So we will have to see how that goes. We are watching, and we talked about this last night. I wish that the Trump administration would be more transparent and explain who are the people, give us a sense of who the folks are who are being arrested and deported. I think it's important for the public to know that. So we're just going to open up this whole conversation here. Do you think this will be an experience that may or woo? She will be on the national stage for a day or so, which is something that a Boston mayor. I'm sure she will look forward to being on the national stage. Whether or not she will feel the same way after the event, I don't know. The arguments that ICE continue to make to local authorities around the country are, look, when you have a dangerous person in custody, hold that person. Hold that person til we can get over and get that person. Because it's a lot easier for ICE to take custody of an individual who is being held in a jail or in a police station than it is to release that person back into the community, and then ice has to go in and these some of these rays are going on at three o'clock in the morning, and you have no idea how people are going to react. We just saw the shooting of the UH, the customs officer up and fromont by this twenty one year old woman. I was reading a little bit about that case today. She and her now dead boyfriend, the German national They apparently have been at least linked to a murder in Pennsylvania and another murder in California. Again, I don't know enough about that case to make any decision other than the fact that a twenty one year old woman or any twenty one year old whether it's male or female, is involved in a shootout with you know, border officers. Is insane. Is absolutely insane. Anyway, UH, let's open up phone line six one seven, two five four ten thirty six one seven nine three ten thirty or triple eight nine two nine ten thirty. UH. Are you surprised that mayor who is being called into Congress? I think it's going to be a very interesting day for these four mayors and we'll see how they do, but I'd love to know how you think Mayor Will do when she appears on again schedule at this point February eleventh, so it's actually, believe it or not, less than two weeks away, so they're going to have to scramble on this one. We'll be back on Night Side taking your phone calls right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: In our conversation this hour, I would really like to hear from people in not only around the country. We're going to talk to Tom in West Virginia just a moment, but also people who are living here, whether you're in Boston or you're going and out to Boston every day. Do you think that Mayor Will was kind of behind the times here and that she should get with the program and say, okay, the Trump administration is saying they want to get the real bad people out of the country, people with convictions of rape and murder and child abuse at all of that, okay? Or do you think you kind of liked the idea that they are not going to cooperate with the federal government. It troubles me to be really honest with you, because again, when Joe Biden was president, look, I had my criticism of him, but he's still the president of the United States. And I do think that the state government has to comply with the federal government. A lot of the southern governors, Wallace and Maddox and Farbs and people like that, they found out that there is a supremacy clause in the federal government and that federal laws have to be followed. Tom in West Virginia starts us off. Tom is in West Virginia, but he's someone who has lived in Boston for many years as well. Welcome Tom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I grew up in Foxborough, so I lived in Mission Hill on my twenties.
Speaker 2: That's what I recall that.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, Ward ten, Ward ten, Precinct three, Mission Hill. David Scondress is my city councilor. Kevin Fitzgerald was on my state Rep.
Speaker 2: I was, you don't have to establish your BONI five feedings with me. I know exactly where you live.
Speaker 5: Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong. You're an attorney. Federal law superseded state law. Am I right? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's called the supremacy clause. But also the the the Supreme Court decision that I have cited. You've been listening, You've been on Hold Arizona versus US essentially says that Congress UH and and the federal government. You know that the let me just read you the Holding and Arizona law providing authority for local law enforcement to enforce violated the enumerated powers of Congress and is preempted by federal statute. Uh. There is a federal law that that that lays it out pretty clearly, the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigration Responsibility Act of nineteen ninety six, which I have in my hand here. I won't read it to you, but no, it's very clear that this law in ninety six strengthened US immigration laws. It's still in the books, adding penalties for undocumented immigrants who commit crimes while in the US, who stay in the US for statutorily defined periods of time. Yeah, question about that.
Speaker 5: I remember that fam and Brewer with her finger in an Obama's face. Yes, And you know, let's go back to the end of Obama's administration, where a popular media was calling him the deporter in chief. I never heard any of white liberals in Cambridge or New England calling Obama a Nazi. Now that Donald Trump has made it clear, and I voted for him, and I don't care what my union says. Okay, I'm an America and first Union member. Second, well, there are a.
Speaker 2: Lot of union by the way, Tom, I don't even think. No, I know that, because look, Tom, I'm not trying to fight with you. I'm just trying to make the point that Trump generated more support amongst union households than any Republican in modern history since unions began to be organized.
Speaker 5: You were you were ahead because you know something. No, because we're fed up. You know, I'm tired of having my leg peed on and told that it's told its raining. And if we go back to the mid nineties, if we go back to the mid nineties, the Carpenters Union nationally was pushing the Clinton administration you have got to pass everify why because our members are being uncut, undercut labor wise in the West Coast states. And now of a sudden it's like, oh no, we can't.
Speaker 2: Bring you back to the issue at hand, which is important, and that is the question is in your opinion, what sort of an experience do you think Michelle wou is going to receive in front of Congress on February eleven. I think it's going to be pretty tough.
Speaker 5: She's going to get ripped to shreds because she's made these comments that she's taken this progressive attitude that well, because they're undocumented immigrants, therefore they have some sort of moral virtue. I'm sorry. There are millions of people throughout the world that have to go through our immigration process of where, and I'm going through it with the fiance now of where. She has to prove that she was not a criminal in her home country, as well as get a medical evaluation. And during the pandemic, the peak of the pandemic, the Biden administration was not requiring migrants at the southern border to get the experimental vaccines as people that maintain jobs in this country. As well as the fact that no, you didn't have, you know, typhoid or whatever immunization proof that we had all of these diseases wiped out in this country with successful vaccines.
Speaker 2: They weasles today in California. I want you to react real quickly. This is cut number twenty five, and I don't understand what she's saying, maybe you can tell me what she's trying to say. Cut twenty five rop. We are in.
Speaker 4: Intense and scary times for so many of our community members, and that is by design. It is intentional that the policies that have now been communicated, whether or not they are fully legal, and we see many of them working their way through the courts right now, including some that have already even just in the first few days of this administration, seem to have been struck down at least in the first steps in the judicial system and on immigration for example. Largely what we have seen across the country in terms of the actions so far have mirrored the priorities and the same types of actions that took place under federal enforcement under the Biden administration. However, they're now including Fox News being embedded and going along on these actions, or bringing other celebrities to document what's happening, to create a sense of greater impact with that fear and destabilization.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, as a graduate of Harvard Law School, I have no idea what she has even tried to say there that was the most disjoint did she discombobulated answer I've ever heard her make somehow doctor phil is the cause of this.
Speaker 5: No, what she did is she just threw up smoke screens. Okay, But the reality is, as far as people come into this country under commented or you know, I don't blame them, but it's not right. There are people all throughout this planet that are willing to jump through the hoops to come here for a better life. And I'm proud to say that I got to know the immigrants that came here with nothing back in the early eighties to Boston. One one fellow in particular that was a bus boy from the country of Aretria that I had never heard of when I used to work at the top of it.
Speaker 2: No. No, not Ethiopia, No, No, that Eritrea was involved in a civil war in Ethiopia. Talk. I know exactly what you're talking about. Yeah, trust me, okay, absolutely.
Speaker 6: And he came here, he came right, but he came.
Speaker 5: Here with nothing, and he made something out of himself, and he brought his fellow family members here. And when he got his citizenship in nineteen eighty five, a bunch of US people that had part time jobs at the top of the Hub brought him up there to table thirty four, which is the best table in the house at the top of the hub. It was the first time he drank alcohol.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 5: I loved in America.
Speaker 2: That was a great restaurant. I'm sad it's gone, Tom. I'll tell you what else I'm sad about. I'm sad it's nine thirty and they got to go to the news. You're always an entertaining caller, and you make great points. Thank you, my friend. We'll be back right after the the nine thirty news. Here on Nightside, I have one line at six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and a couple at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Which policy do you feel makes more sense now? What the Trump administration is trying to do, or the position that several of these mayors have invoked and that they will have to respond to questions about when they testify in front of Congress on February eleventh. I think it's going to make very interesting political theater. And I just don't understand why anyone Democratic mayor otherwise would not cooperate with the Trump administration and say on this we can agree. We want the bad people who are here. The MS thirteen members the members of these various gangs who have come here. We want the rapist and the murderer is gone, as opposed to oh no, we want to protect all of our residents. Not our citizens necessarily, but our residents. We'll be back after this.
Speaker 1: Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio, Let me go.
Speaker 2: Next to Tom and Lynn. Tom next on Nightside, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Jan, How are you doing? You know, I have kind of a facility with the languages. So what Michelle what was saying was it's like word salad sentenced spaghetti paragraph, Pope.
Speaker 2: Rid you could be a speech writer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, right, and me and Kamala Harris, But you know it's like can where is where is Henry Clay when you need them? This is no they're talking about. This is one hundred and sixty years ago.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, No, I said he's dead.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, I know, but this is what they're talking about. One hundred and sixty years ago. We went through that. Yeah, and uh, uh I don't get it. They don't get it.
Speaker 2: No, they don't. And it's going to be interesting to see if she goes and what the reception is. And uh, I remember the the college President's going down there in December of twenty twenty three. It didn't turn out for the academics. Maybe the mayors will do better. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, No, they won't. They won't. They get away with that stuff in Boston with the City Council Ormara putting a girl friend on Supreme Court. But when they get down to DC, they're overmatched. They're going to get their heads handed to him. And I just, oh my god, I can't wait. They're over match. Trump said he was going to do a lot of things, and he's doing what he said he was going to do, and he's got a lot of support. I'm talking too much.
Speaker 5: Go ahead now, I'll let you go.
Speaker 2: I'll let you go. You made your point, you made it well, and I appreciate you taking the time. As always, Tom, he was short, sweet, succinct, and you actually made sense, which eliminates you as a potential speech writer for many many politicians who made you in words. Salads.
Speaker 5: Thanks Tom, you'll best.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I appreciate you as well. Thanks so much. Let's keep rolling. Head going to go to Leslie and campis Hi, Leslie? How are you? If Leslie's not there, we'll have to put Leslie on hold and come back to her in a moment. In the meantime, we're going to go to rich Is in Wellesley. Rich You are next on.
Speaker 6: Nightsager, right ahead, Hi, damn great, Joe, Thank you, Mike, Mike f on her Is. If she's smart, she doesn't go down there unless she has to, because they're gonna, they're gonna they're gonna shoot on her all day long. And she's already made her her stance public and people either are gonna like it and not like it, and especially with the Craft guy coming in. But I think she's gonna say that she stands by the federal law and they'll import it. But if I was given her advice, I would say, if you get down there and you're crazy, they're only gonna nail you, and just tell them you're gonna go by the state and federal laws and that's it. If she was smart. Now she may not because she wants the attention, because I think she's gonna run for governor down the road, and.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to have anything to do with being governor. I think she wants to us Senator. She's waiting for either more. You mark my word. She was a she was a mentee of Elizabeth Warren at Harvard Law School. She was a student. Oh, I didn't know that alcolyte of Warren. And I think that that that Warren will give her a heads up when Warren decides either not to run or to or to leave office early.
Speaker 6: Okay, I didn't know that. I thought she was going to stay local. But now let's just say that. Then I agree with you.
Speaker 2: She's from Chicago originally, so it's not as if she's somebody who you know, Tom Andnino was your mayor for life because Tom Menino lived in Reville, grew up in you know, Hyde Park, lived in Reedville on Marty Walsh, a Dorchester guy who has been offered you know he's now. Marty has a great job as the NHL Players Association director. He's making a million dollars a year, so he's he's happy. Well, he was a great mayor, like the.
Speaker 6: Mayor, and I like Mumbles. I thought he was a great guy. He was totally about to do it. And my my ex grew up in read Bill actually, so I had never heard of it.
Speaker 2: What street did she grow what street did she grow up on? Him? I might have known her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's Uh no, there's a difference of you're my agents around seventy four or seventy five, and I think you're about the same.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm much younger than you are. I'm in my early.
Speaker 6: Third okay, yeah, I'm only only kid.
Speaker 2: I'm only kid.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: I used to live in sherban On Woodlawn.
Speaker 2: Oh it's really yeah, I loved I was out there as well.
Speaker 6: I was, I know, I know. I used to see it down polist in at this place were used by your baseball cards?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, A Fisks general store.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, John great, great.
Speaker 2: John Paulton area. I'll tell you a great guy. John and Carroll absolutely sweet people, absolutely sweet.
Speaker 6: By the way, I've got some things and I'll let you go one. You want to be you and you were reporter at the same time. I'm surprised you didn't go to Suffolk Night. How were you able to be a reporter and still go to day school.
Speaker 2: I wasn't working as a reporter. I was at I was at Boss University Law school. It's a full time, you know, day student for three years. Uh yeah, that's you know, I was. I didn't become a reporter at Channel four until a couple of years after law school, I practiced.
Speaker 6: Law for a while, uh, and then.
Speaker 2: Somehow find myself working at Channel four. It's it'll be in the book someday when I write the book. Trust me, it's a great story.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's it's it's gotta be one of the minor thing. What'll still be a favorite.
Speaker 2: Leave your phone number with Rob or or get my direct line. Give me a call. Since we got these these uh, these points in our life where we kind of cross paths, give me a call. Rob will give you my direct line. I can get back to you if I don't pick up, and we'll we'll chat some day off air.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, because I'm not an email I'm a phone person.
Speaker 2: You got me too, absolutely all right, Rich don't hang up, Robil take care of your hair. Okay, let me keep keep rolling. You're gonna go to my friend Patrick down in the District of Columbia. Patrick, get ready for February eleventh. We're going to have you meet Mayor Wu and be here. Get get her into the into the capitol. Okay, that will be the assignment. We'll give you. How you doing tonight?
Speaker 7: Well, maybe that would be a good idea for me to come to Boston while she's here so I can avoid her. Is that there?
Speaker 2: That's your choice. You're an American. You can do what you want.
Speaker 7: Last time you yeah, the last time you send these gals down here from Boston, they did not do very well at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was kind of a route, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I have to agree with you on that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I I heard this and I said, well, I got to chime in on this one. So as as our fellow men had had joined in and gave their viewpoints or articulated accurately, if I.
Speaker 2: Recall correctly, and you're my Washington corresponding here, so if I recall correctly, they were three college presidents went down there, M I, T, Harvard, and UPenn, and of the three, two basically were forced to resign. So it wasn't a good day for academia. Now the question is we got four mayors going in there. I'm not sure they're going to resign, but I don't know that they're going to improve their status. Maybe maybe they think that they can rise to the cream of the crop and the Democratic Party.
Speaker 7: Now my hearing that Adams is going down there from New York.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it. My understanding is he's just been admitted to a hospital for some strange and unknown disease and it's very uncharacteristic of him. Uh And so we hope he's well and all of that. But there was a story in the New York papers that he was admitted to a uh, you know, to a New York hospital without a lot of information, So he may be there. If anything, he'd be probably more warmly received because I think he has seen the era of his ways and has realized what a drain and and what a a cancer on the city of New York. Some of the crime that has that's been committed down there by some of the illegals. I mean, you had that that scene where the group of illegals, you know, pounced on a couple of New York's finest and and and beat them up. And you've had some you know, the the woman who was burned to death, you know, homeless woman sleeping on a train, and this this guy who's who's not in the country legally douster with with like fluid, some sort of flammable fluid and and litter on fire and then sat there and watched her die.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is the famous line, this will destroy New York right, because he.
Speaker 2: Has he has, you know, he's he's really changed his view on it. Initially he was in a war of words with Governor Abbott from Texas. But I think that in retrospect he would admit probably that Abbott was doing what he felt he had to do on behalf of his citizens, and that Adams should have resisted and said, don't send them here. But he didn't. He went along, He went along to go, He got along, went along to get along, and I think it cost him badly. But we'll see. Now he finds himself under indictment and in a hospital.
Speaker 7: So yeah, he's not doing two good. That's not He may they may get him a little way, a little breathing room. If he goes down there and he says, I'm gonna do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe, I don't know, he could he could pass. I don't know. I think he would be treated kindly by the Republicans on the panel because I think he has seen he has seen the light. Patrick. We're going to expect a live day of day of report, uh from the Capitol. You can be down there and give us a sense of how it's gonna go for these mayors on February eleventh. I'm gonna hold you to that.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, we'll find out if they add any extra bike lanes for mayor Woo.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly true. I think she wants to go from National Airport directly to the Capitol only in a bike lane. So as long as that can be that accommodation can be provided, I suspect she'll be there. Thanks, Thank you, Patrick, love you, love you. S It's a humor man. Talk to you soon. Have a great one. Good night. We'll take a very quick break. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty we're gonna go back to Leslie. We've got Christine in Dedham, I promise, and we get a little room for you if you want to get in. We're gonna change topics at ten o'clock, gonna talk about Donald Trump's executive order, which says open up the JFK, RFK and MLK assassination files. Thank god, it has been too long. Finally a president has come forward and has has fulfilled that promise. Other presidents have alluded to it, but I think it's actually Gonna happen six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty is up next, followed by Christine coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Rayl from the Window World Nightside Studios on w b Z the news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to Leslie in Canton, Massachusetts. Leslie, we're crying you again. How are you doing night? Leslie?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 8: Thank you for taking my call. I just wanted to say, as far as Michelle Willn's sanctuary cities, what about the sanctuary for the citizens, so that these men are protecting the citizens of Massachusetts. And I also really wanted to say that it makes me really angry, really angry for these people who came in illegally without malice, and how they are treated now like an underworld citizenship, that they have to hide, that they not knowing the language, can't get probably many jobs and not eligible for that, well.
Speaker 2: They're not eligible. But a lot a lot of these folks are working under the table. To be honest with you, I mean, you know, I mean a lot of them are doing work that that that has said that Americans won't do. But a lot of them are having good have good jobs too, So I mean, you know, they're just not here. There's people all around the world waiting to come here. And I feel that that it's in the interest of everyone that the system not be rigged, that it be fair and everybody give an opportunity, and we as a country should know what is the skill that the person is bringing to this country. You know, what what are they? What are they you know, what are they going to contribute?
Speaker 8: I know, I believe what you do, but I think it makes it really makes people vulnerable for and and they don't can't probably feel like they can go to the police, if they're not given enough pay, if they're being male treated, just all sorts of things. It's just a wrong position to put people in.
Speaker 2: So you're you're you're sympathetic to the people who are here, as well as what you're telling me.
Speaker 6: I understand what you're angry.
Speaker 8: No, I'm angry that our country has put these people into that position.
Speaker 2: Country certain politicians who have put people in that.
Speaker 8: Positions the past administration, and I believe that they should have gone that we should have. You have said it before again, Increase the the legal number of immigrants, Increase them because we can use people, but let's let us know where they're from, what they're bringing to the table, and give and make sure we know where they are and that they can support themselves. I think it's unfair, you know, and these sanctuary cities are not doing them a favor. That's that's where I'm angry at that these people who feel so pious and poppuous about how they are about treating people, I'm not doing them a favor. Really, That's that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Page.
Speaker 8: Thanks David Dan for taking my phone call.
Speaker 2: Thanks Leslie, call more often. Thank you much. Let me go to Christine. Christine, how are you tonight? Welcome?
Speaker 7: Thanks for calling in so thank you. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine, great to hear your voice. What's your thought on Mayor WU? You're looking forward to seeing her in Congress? Testifying in Congress?
Speaker 9: I actually I don't think she'll even go. Yeah, I think I think she's gonna say she has the new baby. I think she'll do a video then, I really do.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Might be the smartest thing for her to do too. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I just had a question. I hate to say this, but there's the city at page for them to be here.
Speaker 2: Does the city get paid for the for the illegals to be here? No. What it does do though, the benefit of the illegals is that when they do the census the presence of illegals, they count legals into illegals. So if you've got, you know, one hundred illegals, that adds into the census, and the census in each state determines the congressional districts. So Massachusetts has been losing congressional districts because our population has been shrinking or at a minimum, not keeping up other states around the country like Texas and Florida, UH and many of the southern states, South Carolina, North Carolina there there, their population is growing, not only in terms of you know, new you know, the birth rate, but in addition, people are leaving the North and heading to the south. Tax states in Tennessee and those states are growing their population. Our population is diminishing, and if not diminishing, diminishing on a comparative basis. Therefore, we every ten years lose congressional House seats. We used to have sixteen members of Congress members of the House of Representatives in the nineteen sixties. We're down to nine. Our delegation's been cut in half, and that's one of the motivations to keep illegals in states like Illinois and Massachusetts and New York.
Speaker 9: It just makes me so angry. We can't even take care of our own people here. It's very it's so bad.
Speaker 2: So true, so true.
Speaker 9: It just I don't know, it's terrible. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, Christine, you speak, I think on behalf of a lot of people who choose not to talk about this publicly. But you, I think, do send people. Look, I think this there's a there's a poll that was the New York Times the other day. Eighty seven percent of the American people want illegals in this country who have criminal records thrown out of the country. That's a huge number, eighty seven percent. And the Democrats better realize that they're they're on the wrong side of the street on this issue in my opinion. Right, Thanks, Christine, I got the news coming at me, so I'm going to let you run. Talk to you soon. Okay.
Speaker 9: You see how Kansas City has a high number of the TV right now?
Speaker 2: Oh, I saw there was it? Kansas City tuberculosis.
Speaker 7: Okay, yep, yeah, frightening.
Speaker 2: Frightening that stuff. A lot of that stuff's going to come back. I fear. I fear, Christine. Thank you so much for calling. Appreciate it very much. Talk talk soon, Okay, thanks by bye. All Right, we come back on to talk about Donald Trump wants to open up and I think this is somewhat something I would like to see the Democrats stand up and agree with him on this, but maybe they won't. Let's open up the j f K, r f K and m f L m l K assassination files back after this