Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray w b Z Coustin's Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we are moving into the portion of the program where you get to express your opinion on some issues that we pick. We promoted today two issues, one of which is the Secret Service on the grill dealing with the July thirteenth attempted assassination, how that possibly could have happened in Butler, Pennsylvania. And we also later on tonight want to talk about the success of Israel's strike that took out the life of a Hesbalah leader in Beirut and another strike in Tehran. Israel has not claimed credit for that strike that took out a leader of Hamas, and of course there was now the Iran's supreme leader threatening a strike on Israel. So who knows where this is all going to lead, but we're going to talk about that later. The one thing that I do want to add is the comments that were made today by Donald Trump at a meeting of black journalists, which to me, uh was was just so unnecessary and counterproductive. You know, Donald Trump survived an assassination attempt, but three weeks ago, now something like that. Three weeks ago on Saturday two and a half weeks ago, came within a millimeter or you know, came very close to to to taking his life. Now, I know that he is bitter about a lot of things, and today or yesterday, the deputy director of the FBI, under questioning, made it very clear that no doubt in his mind. He's been questioned by Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana, who can be very effective. Let me both the Secret Service new director as well as the FBI deputy director. His name is paul A Bati. I'm not sure how it's pronounced. This is cut number four. There was a moment in time a few days ago when the FBI Director Christopher Ray said they were still trying to figure out what had struck Donald Trump, and that bothered a lot of people. It bothered me because whether it was a piece of a bullet, or it was shrapnel from a bullet that had bounced off of I don't know, you know, Cement, whether it was a glass from a teleprompt. This was an assassination attempt. So I can see how Donald Trump might be upset, but he is. He just has no self control. So this is a baby. The FBI Deputy Director Underson hm. You know, direct questions from Senator John Kennedy Kennedy of Louisiana, who's a he leve, he leaves no doubt about what the the FBI's formal conclusion is cut for. Please, Rob, is.
Speaker 3: There any doubt in your mind or in the collective mind of the FBI that President Trump was shot in the ear by a bullet fired by the assassin Crooks.
Speaker 4: There is, Senator, There is absolutely no doubt in the FBI's mind whether former President Trump was hit with the with a bullet and wounded in the air.
Speaker 5: No doubt.
Speaker 4: There never has been. I've been part of this investigation since the very beginning, and that has never been raised.
Speaker 3: You're sure, Yes, it wasn't a space lacer No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: A murder hornet, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: It wasn't sasquatch, no center.
Speaker 2: It was a bullet.
Speaker 4: It was a bullet, Senator, fired by Crooks.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, that.
Speaker 3: Hit President Trump in the year and almost killed h Okay, glad, we'll cleared that up.
Speaker 2: They did clear They did clear that up. So that is again an unforced error by the FBI Director Christopher Ray. The Secret Service, of course, is under intense criticism now for allowing this to happen. There's a new video out tonight that apparently was shot by one of the two victims who have who were shot and who have survived, and it shows it shows the back. It's kind of a view if you've seen it, a side back view of Donald presborn President Trump at the podium and in the distance you can see the building one hundred and fifty yards away. Looks a little closer because of the depth perception, but you see this figure up on top of the building. That's the guy that was about to shoot Donald Trump. And there was some really interesting conversations questions back. This is Senator Josh Holly, he's a Republican from the state of Missouri, and he's talking with the new Interim Secret Service Director, Ronald Row and they get into it pretty good. He's cut to a rub.
Speaker 6: You need to investigate to know that there were critical enough failures that some individuals ought to be held accountable.
Speaker 1: I mean, what more do you need to know?
Speaker 6: What I need to know is exactly what happened. And I need my investigators.
Speaker 7: To do their job.
Speaker 6: And I can either cannot put my thumb on this scale otherwise what do you mean, put your thought the objective theje You're asking me, Senator, to completely make a rush to judgment about somebody failing. I acknowledge this was a failure of.
Speaker 8: Is it not primo facia that somebody has failed?
Speaker 1: A former president was sure.
Speaker 6: Sir, this could have been our Texas school book depository. I have lost sleep over that for the last seventeen days.
Speaker 1: Just like somebody.
Speaker 6: I will tell you, Senator, I will tell you, Senator, that I will not rush to judgment, that people will be held accountable, and I will do so with integrity and not rush to judgment and put people.
Speaker 5: Unfairly persecuted.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was interesting, an interesting exchange for sure. Uh. It's not often you hear a US senator going after the interim director of the Secret Service. It's interesting the phrase that some of you might remember that the interim Secret Service director used. He said, I will not enter into a rush to judgment. That phrase with the title of a book by an author back in the nineteen sixties about the Kennedy assassination, Mark Lane, who felt that the Warren Commission had rushed to judgment. Took them about ten months to come up with the Warren Commission report in September of nineteen sixty four, if my memory serves, which came back with the single shooter Lee Harvey Oswald theory. And of course there are now so many theories about the Kennedy assassination. And that is what sixty years later already, and it's well, it just the sixtieth anniversary of John Kennedy's assassination came past last November November twenty second, twenty twenty three. So we have the Secret Service director under fire. We have the Senator in this case, Haley, and also Kennedy, two Republicans questioning, and I think Kennedy much more effectively made his point that he wanted to get clear, uh than than than Holly did. But it was it was good radio, nonetheless. And then today we have Donald Trump at a group of black journalists making I think, just some total stupid, stupid comments. So we're gonna get to all of this. We'll get the phone calls six one seven, two thirty. The lines are already full, those three lines, and the line that lines are available six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. I will call them as I see them, whether you agree with me or not on issues. I'm a lot closer to Donald Trump generally than I am to Kamala Harris Uh. But in terms of the way they each are componing them compting themselves. In the last week or two, Donald Trump just you almost wonder does he not want to be elected president? Is he looking for the easy way out to have another close election in which he loses and he can go off and sull and cry. It is not It is not a campaign. It is a campaign that is off the tracks right now, and they better get their act together. For those of you who are Trump supporters, we'll be back on night's side. Let's open up these phone lines and get their conversations started.
Speaker 8: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get some phone calls going here. We will talk later tonight about what has gone on in the Middle East in the last twenty four hours. That is, the the killing of the Hamas leader Ishmael I hope I've pronounced this right, hanayah Uh and a leader of a senior military commander of Hespola Fawad uh Shook Shook Shook. I think they that that situation over there is is getting a little warmer. Let's let's follow it closely. Let me go to Ken down in Florida, first tonight, Ken, welcome, first up tonight of.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: I'm having trouble hearing you again. Speak your phone if that's okay, Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I give it a shot, Give it a shot. I don't know why you're not hearing me, Rob, Rob should have been.
Speaker 7: Able to phone. Can you hear me? Is that okay?
Speaker 2: I can still hear you? You go right ahead, Ken, yep, okay.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 7: With Trump, I called you after January sixth and said I was done with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And again he's just not a likable person. And I don't think he is uh making comments like he did today to get out of the race. I just think he can't help himself. And I wonder about his advisors, someone like a Kelly and Conway or I mean, they must get in his face and tell him that, you, you know, whether it's an hairdresser or somebody say you can't you know, call your hair like that, or you can't make comments like that. Do they do they tell him that? Or can he listens?
Speaker 2: I do no, No for those who have. For those who haven't heard the comment, ken, let me let me play one of them. Here, he's speaking to a group of black journalists. I believe it's in Chicago. I could I could be wrong on that, but we I believe it's in Chicago. And an ABC News correspondent, Rachel Scott asked the first question.
Speaker 7: And I thought he was at antagonistic to be honest in the beginning.
Speaker 2: So well, it was a tough question. It was a tough question. Okay, it wasn't like, oh, gee, great to see you. How is your fly? It's it's well, let's just play, let people respond to it. And then he just goes off in my opinion unnecessarily, but hey, obviously it's my opinion doesn't really count too much. This is cut a rob.
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, I don't think I've ever been asked a question so in such a horrible manner. A first question. You don't even say, hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: Are you with ABC?
Speaker 11: Because I think they're a fake news network, a terrible network. And I think it's disgraceful that I came here in good spirit. I love the black population of this country. I've done so much for the black population of this country, including employment including Opportunity Zones with Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, which is one of the greatest programs ever for black workers and black entrepreneurs. I've done so much much and you know, and I say this, Historically, black colleges and universities were out of money. They were stone call broke, and I saved them and I gave them long term financing.
Speaker 2: And nobody else was doing it.
Speaker 11: I think it's a very rude introduction. I don't know exactly why you would do something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you could have handled the question a little more diplomatically.
Speaker 5: Ken, I agree.
Speaker 7: I agree, Dan, But she she was clearly she had a clear dislike for him. In her tone of the question was probably set up to anger him. And you didn't play that part. But I've heard it multiple times today and you know, it's set him up a little bit. I think she was very unprofessional and biased, and she showed her through colors, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you then, I guess, I guess the point that I'm trying to make is if you're trying to win an election and you know that these sorts of missteps are going to be called out and maybe and even in some cases taken out of context. I do agree with it that the question was of fairy direct question, but I've asked questions of politicians, including politicians running for president. I remember I asked Bill Clinton. This would have been December of nineteen ninety one. I had him on set for a half hour and my first question was governor. A year ago, when you were in for reelection in Arkansas, you pledged to the people of Arkansas that you'd serve a full four year term. And he answered me, he says, that's right, that's right. And I said, now you're running for president, and in the unlikely event you get elected president, you will not be able to serve in both offices at the same time. That's right. So I said, did you miss lead the people of Arkansas I lived a year ago? And he handled it. He said, well, you know, really, not not exactly I meant it when I said it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I said, you were respectful, and you're you're a much more polished. She came out angry and fired right at him, like she's he's a former president, show a little respect, and you know, at least be uh a little bit down the middle of the road when you're asking the question. She clearly dislikes him, and it was obvious in her questioning, and uh, that set him off. And I agree, I agree with him being a little defensive, but you know, it's Trump and he does go over.
Speaker 2: So okay, my question is this Okay, whether or not she was if she asked a question could have been asked better. What let doesn't matter now he answers that way. Does his answer help him or hurt him? It probably helps him with his base, but does it help him or hurt him with undecided voters, voters on the fence?
Speaker 7: Well, what black voters or voters of color, whatever term we want to use. I think he's made his point in the past that he's what he's done for historical black colleges. Sure, you know, black entrepreneurs, opportunity zones. He made that point and that's what he's done, and that's why he's rising. The poll numbers show that black voters are increasingly going to vote for him more than any other Republican. So I think he made his point.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you this. I'll ask you the question, the same question a little differently. If there was, if there are, and I'm sure there are black voters who are on the fence, okay, and who is still making up their mind? Do you think he pulled many black voters or white voters who are on the fence over to his side of the aisle with that answer?
Speaker 7: Again, to quote the great UH agent what's his name? James Carvell, economy stupid. We're all feeling the economy. That's not whether I'm down in Massachusetts people people are feeling them when they go buy groceries gas.
Speaker 2: So my question, can you duck in my question? Which and you're doing a good job at it, My question is in no sense no, I mean it in the sense and please take this respectfully. What I'm saying to you is that question, okay, That answer to that question will be played for people across the country.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone who listens to that question and or listens to the answer and says, you know what, Trump's my man, I'm now with Trump for that.
Speaker 7: I don't think yes, because if you're on the fence with Trump versus Harris, I can't see that you're either one way or the other in his comments. You know what you're getting with Trump, you and against those comments.
Speaker 2: Will agree to disagree on that. We will agree to this, agree on that one. I mean, if you're what you're telling me is this, there's not a single American who at this point has not made up their mind about this race. That's what I'm hearing here.
Speaker 7: So they're gonna be But I mean, I think the vast majority has made up their mind. Okay, and independent. I mean you're either come on now, you've got an extreme leftist and you've got Trump, who's uh, he's in and of his own category. So I think if you haven't made up your mind now, I'd be shocked.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, maybe we'll hear from some people who haven't made up their mind. I don't know. Ken has always I appreciate.
Speaker 7: You taking the time say allow to Boston for me.
Speaker 2: I absolutely will. I know it is the city that you love. Thank you very much. Can't finciate.
Speaker 7: I will maybe up there this fall, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Thank here, Thanks Tucson.
Speaker 2: I got to take a break here. It's news time at the bottom of the hour six one seven, two four ten thirty, six one seven, nine, ten thirty. If you did hear this comment, today, or even if you heard the question and the comment, I'd love to get your reaction to it, and let's get the conversation going again. I think the story that I was intending to start on today was the fact that the Secret Service is now pointing fingers at local police, local police appointing fingers at Secret Service. At some point, I hope we figure out who dropped the ball. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Join the conversation. Come right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: If you're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Larry in New York. Larry, you were next on Nightsiger.
Speaker 5: Right ahead, Dan, good evening. You know, as somebody who has for the last forty or fifty years, as I have watched and seen dignitary protection, this thing is needs much more perspective. There's no question the Secret Service made some mistakes, but the reality is is that the local, the state police, the local sheriff's department, they need a much closer look now. A couple of nights ago, ABC's Aaron Katski, who's an excellent reporter, sat down on their Evening News with six of the members of the local snipers.
Speaker 2: Now I saw that I happen to see. I know exactly what you're going to say.
Speaker 5: Now, these guys, these guys were responsible for providing security in the secondary security zone, as you know, because you've done it for years, as have I. You know, the first zone, the tight zone is run by secret Service, the local cops, whether it's New York City PD, whether it's Boston PD, they coordinate and run the secondary security zone. Now, these guys told told Katski that they had eyes on this guy for more than ninety minutes, and all they did was send texts to people. All they did was send a picture of them. Nobody made a phone call. Nobody called the sheriff's department, their sheriff's supervisors. Nobody got on the radio and said, hey, Dan, Larry, here, there's a guy down by the fence over there. He doesn't look right. Let's put the grabs on him. I mean, these guys are these guys were the Barney Fights of security. It was crazy, you know, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: And everybody's saying I watched the same interview with Katurski, and I came away with a very different impression. Okay, the impression that I had from the interview was that the Secret Service blew them off on a meeting they were supposed to have. Okay, that that's the and that the instructions from the Secret Service as to what their area's responsibility are or were u was was inadequate. I mean Secret Service. You're right, Secret Service protects the protecte in this case forming President Donald Trump, but they have to let the locals know. These weren't guys who were directing traffic. These were guys who were supposed to be part of the outer perimeter protection.
Speaker 5: And that's right.
Speaker 2: That's when I on the interview, not to disagree with him, but just what I saw was that it was Kuturski seemed surprised that there was no communication prior to the event.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a question that needs to be raised. But at the same time, these guys aren't amateurs. These guys are snipers. They're highly trained, they've been in the business for a long time. And again, the bottom line is the Secret Service protects the close end first zone. These guys. So again they saw somebody who didn't look right, and nobody said, come on, police officers, snipers whatever. Out on the street. You see somebody suspicious, you go put the grabs on him, you take a look at them. The best these guys could do was send texts.
Speaker 2: And let me play. Let me play this somebody if good for you. This is the Secret Service Director, now the interim Secret Service Director, Ronald Rowe. He makes reference in this sound cut to a problem with the cellular connection. It almost sounded as if he was saying that the connection, the cell phone connection between maybe Secret Service and these agencies. It's unclear to me, but it's an interesting comment that I heard yesterday. Cut number five, Rob.
Speaker 6: That is something that I briefed in the closed door and again something that has cost me a lot of sleep because of the eventual outcome of the assailant. That what if we had a geolocated him because that counter UAS platform had been up. It is something that I have struggled with to understand and I have no I have no explanation for it. It is something that I feel as though we could have perhaps found him, we could have maybe stopped him. Maybe on that particular day he would have decided this isn't the day to do it, because law enforcement just found me flying my drone. People fly drones all the time on the peripheries of our sites, and we go out and we talked to and we ascertain what their intentions are on this day in particular because of the connectivity challenge. As you noted, there was a delay and he flew his drone at three point fifty one approximately, so.
Speaker 2: He referenced the connectivity challenge. He also referenced cellular connection, which he had talked about in a close door hearing. It almost sounded to me as if he was acknowledging that they did not have adequate communication between the various law enforcement groups. Could be wrong, but that's what I picked out of that.
Speaker 5: I've got to spend a spare amount of time with this kind of communication stuff. I think it was more connectivity as far as the drone and stuff, and that definitely that's spooky. The fact that anybody is flying a drone over that site and nobody's putting the grabs on them. That isn't right either. I'm not making excuses for the Secret Service, but I think you know, the down and dirty situation is. I listened to and I watched it a second time to make sure. As I watched these guys talking about how they sent texts. Again, I'm an old fashioned guy, you know, like you, I've been around for a long time. Two air radios, you know, you call in and say, hey, Dan, that guy down on with you to please please go take a look at him. And know what I'm saying is no one did that. This is there's no question. This is a massive failure. But unfortunately the members of Congress, you know, both the House and Senate, some of them are trying to politicize this. They're trying to make it entirely the Secret Services problem. I got to tell you, it's it's as much local law enforcement as it was the Secret Service.
Speaker 2: What I want to I want to see is an investigation uh as more thorough than the BORIGN Commission. And this is simple, Okay, they don't They do not seem to be unless some of these encrypted uh sites that this this twenty year old had access to that opens up Pandora's box. But this, we know who's the shooter is, we know what his background is. Oswald had this myriad background where it was just so complicated. And then Oswald was not killed by Secret Service. He was killed by Jack Ruby and the Bill in the basement of the Dallas Police Department. Why he was in there with a gun under those circumstances. They were just a million questions.
Speaker 5: Oh sure, absolutely, but this one.
Speaker 2: Should be resolved a lot more directly and a.
Speaker 10: Lot more quickly.
Speaker 5: I'm with you one hundred percent, But I think what they need to do is they need to really take a close look and put some perspective on the actions of everybody involved.
Speaker 2: Absolute situation. And I will come back I heard what you said. I will come back to the fact that the guys who I watched in that Aaron Koturski interview seem to say that there was a meeting schedule the Secret Service didn't show up. Was that the point where the Secret Service was going to say, look, we don't deal with text messages, the urgency of textmasts. Unless you're looking at the phone, you don't see the text message. Now they're looking at the phone waiting for the text message, maybe you won't see the guy with the gun on the roof, so they you correct, it should be immediate. You know, we got a problem with right over here, we have somebody who is suspicious. Let's let's get people there, flood the zone, get do what we got to do. But the only way to do that again is the old two way communication.
Speaker 5: And you know what's funny is it raises a great you raise a great question. Have we become too reliant on technology, you know, phones, texting all this? Maybe we need to get back, you know, to to us analog guys, the good old basics of good police work, good detective work, and saying, you know, pick up the radio and go.
Speaker 2: Dance about that, and let's find out if that was communicating. I don't know. I don't know, Larry, great call, challenging call. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Always a pleasure, my friend.
Speaker 2: Take you catch it all right. We've got to take a quick break. Coming right back. We got one open line at six one seven, two five, four, ten thirty and one at six one seven and coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 8: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: I'm back, we go. Let me go to Jack and Jack. Appreciate your patients. You are next on Nightside. Jack, right ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Hi Jack porter An, sure enough. About a year ago I did a book called Mathematical Models to Predict Terrorism, And in that I had a chapter about the lone wolf killer. The lone wolf killer is the most difficult killer to predict. So the you know, response to some of your callers that you really shouldn't, you know, we shouldn't be so hard on the Secret Service, or on the FBI or the local it because they are they're so difficult to predict. It seems like they're almost obsessing. We're not with the predicting or the finding of the lone wolf killer, but the follow up, you know, of the process the twenty four nuts fetes Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: Jack, look if Lee Harvey Oswald had been spotted in that window of the Texas school Book Depository fifteen minutes or thirty minutes before the President Kennedy's moticade rolled down Elm Street and he still got those shots off, you don't think that the heads would have rolled. I mean, where's the responsibility here is? This is not a guy who somehow, I don't know, you know, fired a rocket from his house three miles away that landed on the podium. I mean, that's the sort of stuff that you can't blame anybody for. But there were pictures of this guy. He had a range finder, you know, which which the only people who use rangefinders. People who are on golf courses want to know how many yards they are from the green. I think that the performance of everybody here was abysmal, and the result, as terrible as it was, could have been a lot worse.
Speaker 9: Well, I guess my expertise is how to predict the lone wolf killer. Uh, you know even Israel has difficulty doing that.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this question. If the lone wolf killer which this guy was, parades around for an hour and a half before goes by and spends some time over there earlier in the day, flies a drone above the the area, which goes undetected and then is seen by people crawling on the roof and also seen seen by people as much as half an hour before the shooting, and they're trying to call attention to it. And I think that one of the snipers from the local police department snapped a couple of pictures of him, and that's why we had the pictures of him. I mean your idea that is difficult to predict a lone wolf killer. I'm sure it's very difficult, very difficult, because I don't deal with anyone else, but I'm just saying, on that day, how would you how would you evaluate the performance on that day?
Speaker 9: I recommend that people read a book by Malcolm Gladwell called Blink What Gladwell the great writer and sociologist Stephen. He says that the best decision is the immediate decision, like the blink of an eye. Intuition. You do it, by the way. But the Secret Service and the FBI and these are bureaucracies, and these are very hierarchical. They're always looking to get permission to do it. They don't do it immediately because they might get fired. They're afraid to make a fast decision. This is my theory, and that's why they hesitated too long to do it. It's Malcolm Gladwell's theory. I agree with him.
Speaker 2: Well, Jack, they saw this guy for upwards of an hour before him. He was acting strangely. I mean, if if you and I go to a rally and will Jack let me finish, I'll let you finish. If I'm at a rally and I'm acting strangely in whatever I'm doing, I'm at a Trump rally and and I'm mumbling to myself, I Hey Trump, this Trump? What is this guy, and I'm getting into fights with people in the crowd, and and and I pull out a gun out and take a shot at him. I've basically advertised to the group. You know, I'm a little weird here, and that kid was a little weird. And they missed it, missed it, missed it. A bunch of people missed it. You know, they didn't miss Lee Harvey Oswell, they had no prior knowledge of Lee Harvey Oswald.
Speaker 9: Well we pull out a gun, that's an action, but just acting weird. You can't arrest somebody for that kind of Oh.
Speaker 2: You go question him, Jack, you go question him anyway. All right, Well we'll agree to disagree. Thanks Jack, appreciate it. Talk sooner by. Let me go to Gary in New Jersey, Gary, New Jersey, next on Nightside.
Speaker 10: Hey Dan, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing.
Speaker 10: Well. You know, the whole thing was. I listened to that guy, Josh. He did on your show before, and I've seen him on YouTube a couple of times. He really needs to cut this guy some slack, because one, if you want heads to roll, there's a procedure how to roll them. And this guy just got in a chair. I'm sure he put him on the Bow and Arrow squad already took their guns away. They're doing administrative work, and he's got to investigate it because don't forget the government workers have They not civil services, but they have certain protection when it comes to this kind of stuff. The other thing was where they screwed up. They counted on these guys from Beaver PA. That was probably the biggest job they were ever going to have in their life. They were gonna tell their grandparents, Hey, I protected the president. What they probably should have done, And it's easy to talk about it after the fact. They probably should have put a Secret Service guy with them to oversee what was going on, and you know, that's what it should have been, and it wasn't that. And I'm a Trump supporter.
Speaker 2: No I said that. But my question is, I looked at this interview that Larry from New York, looked at Aaron Katirski, did any news and these police officers, and they seemed credible to me. I don't know why they're lying. They're saying that there was a meeting that Secret Service had scheduled and Secret Service never showed up.
Speaker 10: For, and that's probably one hundred percent true. But you know, if they tell you, hey, you're going to watch the president, make sure no one shoots him, and you see a guy kind of tinkling around, I could guarantee you if they were on patrol, just doing their regular job and they saw this guy in front of a seven to eleven after it closed, or a convenience store, they'd have pulled over and said, what the hell are you're doing, And they just didn't think about it. But again, I think the Secret Service should have probably had a guy with the teams to help oversee it, a guy who did it every day. I would argue that.
Speaker 2: The Secret Service should have someone from the Secret Service should have gone to the meeting absolutely with this group of local police officers. Well you know what it is, that it's the biggest day. They're going to brag about it. All of that, I guess.
Speaker 10: YEA one of the problems. I'm not looking to cut you off, but one of the problems right ahead, one of the problems, I'm sorry, one of the problems that they have, in my opinion, with the Secret Service, especially not the uniform Secret Service, but you know the ones who do the plane clothes and everything like that, and the FBI, they they draw from the same wealth, which is usually these left wing ivy league colleges, And these are not people that usually go into law enforcement. They're not people who usually end up going into the military. You might have a few scattered, but these are basically college kids that get out and think, ah, this would be a cool job. I'll watch the president or whatever they do, and I get a gun.
Speaker 2: Gary, I have no stats to back that up. I have no stats to refute you, but I'm told and when I listened to it hearing yesterday, the new interim director said that I think that they accept two percent of the applicants, actually less than what Harvard or Annapolis or West No.
Speaker 10: But what I'm saying is they draw from the same well, they don't open it up to other people like you know.
Speaker 2: I don't have those stats. If you have them, let me give them to me. But I don't think that they're all left wing people there.
Speaker 10: No, no, no. What I'm saying is they're not usually not street people. That's really what it is.
Speaker 2: I know, I've known a lot of Secret Service agents in my dehye.
Speaker 10: And I knew a few, you know, and I've had a few come to our dinners and stuff.
Speaker 2: With the PBA, and they're pretty sharp people to be honest with.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 10: Well, I just think they need to draw open it up a little more to other people.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure enough, I certainly can can agree with you on that one.
Speaker 10: That that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to take a great Thank you much. Always have a great one.
Speaker 10: Bye bye, buddy, you too.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, So we get in different points of view here. I'm kind of surprised, but that's fine. So everybody seems to be very protective of the Secret Service. I just want the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth, unvarnished truth. That's not too much to ask. One line at six one seven two thirty. One line at six one, seven, nine three, ten thirty. We're going to get back on the horse right after the ten o'clock news are at night side