Speaker 1: Hey, peeps, I'm Nicole, I'm Ben, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: A true crime podcast. Warning. The following podcast content material intended for a mature audience listener discretion.
Speaker 1: Keep saying, is that okay, that's fine?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 2: As Ben takes a sip of coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good time. And we're just starting, and you like decide to start at the point that I take my final sip of coffee. That's an opportunity, isn't.
Speaker 2: So how's their own doing?
Speaker 1: Happy to day? What's what's shaking, what's new, what's exciting?
Speaker 2: We're like hair straight back, hair straight back.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. Oh my god, spring cleaning. We haven't even began that yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't finished our taxes, so this is like a big problem because the deadlines Friday or Thursday.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't even know when is it.
Speaker 2: It's this week.
Speaker 1: I'm like screwed if it wasn't for you, because I'd like never do taxes.
Speaker 2: You're a little screwed because of me too, because like I'm like cutting it close here.
Speaker 1: But you're you're pretty much there, at least pretty much. Yeah, get that nice weight off the shoulders once it's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think this might be the last year because we're hiring an accountant. I have on my hand up in excitement.
Speaker 1: Almost looked like you were like doing a Nazi thing. Was I was giving you a weird look?
Speaker 2: You were giving me a really weird look.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm pumped the accountant so we don't have to go through this next year. Also, like speaking of getting things off, like the to do list, I just built a custom arcade in the garage. That's eight well, because long story short, it was like, you know, I've always wanted to have an arcade, right, so for my thirtieth birthday, you let me build that arcade. Yeah, well I know.
Speaker 2: Why did you do it? Because we were having a nerdy thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nerdy thirty birthday party. Yeah, well, that wasn't why I was doing it. I did it for me. Why I wanted the arcade. I've always wanted an arcade.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And then it was like, oh, I want it in time for my nerdy thirty because it worked out great, right Yeah, So moving into a tiny home, there's not exactly any space for a giant arcade. Cabinet. No, and it wasn't exactly too happy with the build. So I want to rebuild it before I sold it, and some friends of mine, well ours, Mike and Amber, bought it to go in their tattoo shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've rebuilt it and now that's off our to do list, and we're finally getting rid of the arcade cabinet. It's sad to see it go, though.
Speaker 2: It is sad, but one day you can have it again. You can now you don't want to make it that's true, made too basically, and you can redo one that is true. And we have a regular size house, though I never know if we're to actually go back to a regular size house, like another small cabin that could fit an arcade.
Speaker 1: Ideally that's what we want. A cabin on a lake though. That'd be amazing.
Speaker 2: To live on water, I think would be a dream.
Speaker 3: Not on water, actually water front, you would live on water.
Speaker 1: You're going more hardcore than I ever even thought.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, I'm trying not to be a basic bee. You remember how you.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of trying to go.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm working on it. I'm working on it.
Speaker 1: All This coffee is good. I just wanted to sit here and just drink this whole coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about we just do a podcast where you're just like sipping your coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh, just that, Like what is it like SMR? Like a SMR or whatever. Really like people watch really satisfying things and listen to really satisfying noises.
Speaker 2: Okay. One thing that I find so satisfying and it's so over and weird because I fall like a few artisan soap makers Okay, and so they have like a giant block of soap and then they have like this wire thing that just like cuts the soap so nicely, and I'm like, that's nice to watch. I'm into that.
Speaker 1: Soap cutting is like extremely popular in this genre. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Oh I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, people like get a bar of soap, for example, and they'll like do like cross cuts in it, so it's like a grass. Oh and then they'll cut underneath, so all these like little tiny squares fall off the bar of soap. Oh it's really weird and cool.
Speaker 2: But no, I uh, I was into that before I knew that was a thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's a thing. A lot of people are into some weird stuff, like our killer today is in some is into some weird stuff hair specifically.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of people have hair fetishes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this dude is known as the hair in hand killer. Cool, not really.
Speaker 2: See, I actually like the opposite of a hair fetish. I hate hair.
Speaker 1: Hair is kind of gross.
Speaker 2: I think it's nasty.
Speaker 1: And yet your husband has hair growing all over his face giant beard.
Speaker 2: Well no, it's just like if you find it where it's not supposed to be, is what I think is nasty?
Speaker 1: Gotcha is all?
Speaker 2: So okay, carry on, We'll stop about my my what I don't like nasty hairness?
Speaker 1: Okay. So I'm going to try and pronounce some of these names. There's a little there's one dude who's got like an off name here. He's Italian. And this takes place over in England. So the place in England where it is is Bournemouth. Bournemouth, I think Bournemouth, okay, Bournemouth, England. It's it's South England sort of thing. Okay. So it's in November of two thousand and two, November twelfth, very specifically, two kids were coming home from school. The boy was named Terry, he was aged fourteen, and the girl his sister, Caitlin was age eleven. Okay, they arrived home just before four pm from school, and after they came home, they didn't receive the normal warm welcome they did from their mom at the front door.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Well you're not going to like what happens further.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: So they didn't receive the normal greeting, so Caitlyn called out to their mom and if there was no response. So in an interview, Terry actually said, this is actually kind of like heartbreaking this quote. So this is from from the sun. He says, it was at that moment when the house was silent, then I thought something was wrong here, nothing visually, just quiet.
Speaker 2: Oh no, So.
Speaker 1: That's from the fourteen year old.
Speaker 2: Her heart knew, he knew.
Speaker 1: So without a response, they moved into the house looking for their mom. After a few moments, Caitlyn knocked on the closed bathroom door, hoping she was in there, just didn't hear them, right, and she'd hear a response. She didn't hear a response, so she opened the door. Oh no, and there she found her mum, blood everywhere. Lifeless.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: That's one hell of a way to find your mom.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, yeah, these kids are young. Yeah, okay, like murdering is just not cool, but like if they have dependence like children.
Speaker 3: Like fuck ah, I mean just fuck off and murdering in it tired general, but it's like it this pulls at my heart a little more because like, now these people are the kids are going to grow up without like a.
Speaker 2: Mom, Like that's shit.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find anything on their father, I must. I knew she was a single mom, but I don't know where the dad is or oh okay, I.
Speaker 2: Thought maybe he was just at work or something. But it was a single mom.
Speaker 1: Hey yeah, as far as I can tell, I couldn't find any facts on it. But I'm pretty sure she was just a single mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's shitty.
Speaker 1: So police were obviously called to the scene, right, Yeah, they moved into the house and you know, they're doing their investigation. But when they arrived on the scene, they found the kids outside and being comforted by a neighbor from across the street, Daniello Restivo. That's the guy who I'm gonna have trouble pronouncing his name, but I think I nailed there.
Speaker 2: I hope he's not the killer, but keep going.
Speaker 1: Shit, Okay, Daniello, Danilo, Danilo, not Daniello. It's Danilo. I wanted to make that clear. As I'm talking in this podcast, I might end up slurring it or going fast and saying Daniello. But it's Danilo.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the investigation started immediately. Like I said that, the cops were in the house doing their thing. Yeah, so they found the mom, whose name was Heather Barnett. She was found bludgeoned to death with what appeared to be a hammer.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: She was also mutilated. Her breasts had been cut off and laid back behind her head, and a lock of hair was found in each of her hands. One hand there was a lock of her own hair, and then the other hand was a lock of hair from an unknown person.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of fucked up.
Speaker 2: The breast thing is what made my jaw drop. That's nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. There's actually there's a few cases out there that I've heard of, and I've listened to other podcasts. Breast mutilation seems to be a popular thing thing I don't understand, Like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So you're like just looking at titties and have the urge to want to cut them off.
Speaker 1: I don't know like some of the other ones, some of the other ones that they theorized that it was like more of like removing the femininity from them, like almost humiliating the individual. Really, I don't think that's the case in this one, but that's what I've read in other cases where it could have been like a psychological thing where they're trying to humiliate their victim.
Speaker 2: Wow, that doesn't seem like a way to humiliate your victim, but okay.
Speaker 1: It seems like a way to get a one way ticket to prison and hell and burn for a long fucking time. Oh shit, speaking of burn, I'm gonna burn my tongue with hot coffee.
Speaker 2: I already don't like this. This is already gone self for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a true crime podcast. It's probably not going to be satisfied.
Speaker 2: I know, and it's funny, but every time it's like, what's shocking to me? Even though I listened to like true crime, but I always just like, expect the best of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, expect the worst in this case and every other crime case.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I'll change my mindset one day.
Speaker 1: So they determined her time of death was estimated to be shortly after she returned home from dropping the kids off at school that morning.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, so.
Speaker 1: There was a large window of time where a killer could have been to the scene, cleaned up the scene, even committed the crime.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At the scene, the investigators found that the door to Heather's house was unlocked, and her son Terry, actually mentioned that a house key had gone missing recently.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, don't hide those house keys. That was like a big thing. I feel like when we were growing up, like your parents always hid house key like under the match or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, to be fair, my parents hit a house key like really well at the front door or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember I made this. This is a side note that I'm just going to throw there, but I made this really tacky like dove shaped pottery thing that was just horrendous, and at the bottom was a space for a key. Yeah, so like my parents put it outside the would probably not break my heart, but put a key under there, which probably was so obvious. Yeah, probably, Like it's a good thing we didn't get murdered.
Speaker 1: So with the unlocked door, there's also signs of struggle within the house, of course, and Heather had been dragged into the bathroom after she had been killed. I stopped that sense a little premature.
Speaker 2: I was gonna actually ask. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, luminol tests also showed bloody footprints throughout the house. So clearly the killer cleaned up the crime scene. Okay, each and everything.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting when they clean up. Okay, keep going.
Speaker 1: However, the bloody footprint seemed to just stop at one point, just all of a sudden, they just stopped abruptly. This was thought to indicate that the killer had actually stopped, taken off his shoes and closed and changed into new shoes and clothes. Interesting, so this is premeditated. Clearly he brought extra clothes with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, totally, Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Was careful and yeah. One thing was a little out of place though. There was a green towel in the hallway that was left with a bunch of blood on it. And this investigators actually had a felt that this towel didn't belong there. Oh, not to the crime scene, something not to the house.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Okay, so.
Speaker 1: This this green towel is key. It's going to come into play a little later on. Okay, I was thinking on like leaving that openly open. But no, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you know, remember this green towel, okay.
Speaker 2: Because my mind went like maybe he was still there when the kids arrived or something and he had like wasn't done and just like put in the hall. But that's not the case.
Speaker 1: You'll you'll see what happens here. We don't know why he left the towel behind or what, but we do know that it's it's an important piece of evidence. Okay, hold on, I lost my spot now where am i? My tablet turned sideways on me and it just like rearranged everything. Okay, Okay, I'm good, I'm good. Okay. So some individuals were bought brought back to the police station, of course for questioning, right, not necessarily as suspects, you know, just trying to hash out what happens, see if you can get witnesses or anything. One of those individual individuals was Daniello Restivo, the neighbor from across the street who was consoling Heather's children when the police arrived. Right, So a little bit background on Ristivo. He was born in Sicily in April nineteen seventy two, and then he moved to the city of Ponenza, Italy, where he spent most of his youth and younger adult life until two thousand and two, when he was thirty, he moved to Bournemouth. I think that's how you pronounce it. Bournemouth, Bournemouth, England, the city we are currently in and talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he moved there this same year that this happened.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So during the interview with Daniello, I'm going to I referred to him as Restivo there, but I'm going to go dan Yello from here and out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He was talking. He was saying that he was taking a computer course that morning, and he had a bus ticket with a stamp time of eight forty four am to prove his alibi, right, and there was also a sign and sheet for the course that showed he was there during the time of ten thirty am. Clearly he has an alibi. He was not around during the time of the murder. He was off doing his own thing at the computer course.
Speaker 2: It's okay, because yeah, I thought I already went there. Not he was guilty, but okay.
Speaker 1: So police move in on the investigation, but Daniello began to put up some red flags for the police. Oh, there are reports of him rambling and just not seeming to have his story put together well. And after going back to his alibi, they found the sign and sheet for the morning of his course was written in twelve thirty and then was written over top as a correction of ten thirty am, leaving a large window of time where he could have actually been at the crime scene.
Speaker 2: Okay, and like just pre purchased a bus tick and stuff like that. Yeah, purchasing a bus stick. It doesn't seem like a super alibi.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean you were on.
Speaker 2: The bus exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, leaving that that altered alibi times thing for his sign and sheet, that doesn't really leave you much of an alibi any more. So you have quite a large window where he could have actually been.
Speaker 2: It better not be him. And he was like consoling the children.
Speaker 1: Huh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry to break your heart.
Speaker 2: Oh is it him?
Speaker 1: Daniello was questioned by the police in mid two thousand and three and released without charge due to lack of evidence. However, they kept a close eye on him and they began their search a little more details into who he was. One investigation team member actually came forward after a little while and said he found some past information regarding Daniello. Daniello was a little bit of a involved in a missing person's report of Alisa Claps, age sixteen, back in Italy.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, like this is pre before he moved to this England place.
Speaker 1: Yes, so this is in nineteen ninety three. It's a Sunday, September twelfth in Ponenza, Italy. Alisa Claps went to meet Danielle at a church, arriving at approximately eleven thirty am just as mass finished. She went met up with him, but did not return home. Oh, she did not return home. Hold on putting coffee down. I was going to take a drink. But I'm getting into this now. That happens lots of the podcast.
Speaker 2: I happened so much to you, and I'm almost like, do you wanted to stop?
Speaker 1: Or is I?
Speaker 2: Like? That was it good?
Speaker 1: I don't need the sit I don't need the coffee. I need to keep going. Here's what I need to do. So Alisa's elder brother, Gildo, telephoned, telephoned, telephonhoned dan Yellow's family and was told that Daniello was out of town and they had no knowledge of Elisa's whereabouts, So something's a little fishy there. So when police questioned dan Yello, he said that he had left the church with Alisa still there, which was clearly not lining up already because I said he was out of town. Yeah, I'm stumbling through a section. I'm sorry, I'm missing my spots here and there. Where am I? Where did I go? Okay, Okay, I'm going to start that sentence over here. So when police questioned him, Daniello said that Lisa had left the church. There we go. So Daniello was still there a Lisa had left the church. Oh, while he stayed back and prayed. He explained a cut in his hand that he had just resulted, like you know, it's just an accident, just oops, and things happened. And Daniello's family actually declined police to see Daniello's clothing from the day, so they were not able to really investigate.
Speaker 2: Okay, because he would have been kind of young at that point too.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know his exact age. We can math it out if we want, but about the age of.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, yeah, okay, because at versus, like why is he hanging out with a sixteen year old, but he wouldn't have been that.
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety three. Yeah, yeah, So the police weren't able to get his clothes, but they did want to investigate the church where at Lisa went missing. However, the priest in charge of the church opposed the search and they weren't able to search it.
Speaker 2: Why would you like it's to find a missing.
Speaker 1: Person, I don't know. On Fortunately, Elisa was never found and she was officially labeled as a missing person.
Speaker 2: Dang. And so then yeah, and then he just kind of got away with it at that point pretty much. Huh.
Speaker 1: So now, also digging into his history, Daniello was known to attempt and arrange dates with girls, claiming to have a present for them. He's basically just like trying to lure them and just bribe them, is what it seems to be. And then when they declined them, he would harass any girl who rejected him, he would give them phone calls and when they answer, he would just play creepy music from a film from a serial killer, like that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: That's not psychotic at all, not at all, not even in the least.
Speaker 1: So Daniello at this time was also known to police to have believed to be iresponsible for nine incidents in which women had their hair cut and taken. He was also thought to have tied up two kids before cutting wind with a knife.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's got quite the history as a kid a winner. Yeah, definitely. So this this investigator came forward with all this information that he found, and this is like, okay, we've I think we've got a guy here. Yeah, because clearly the hair cutting, for example, it's fairly convenient that he just ended up moving to this place and someone right away goes missing or start killed.
Speaker 2: And then there's some hair weirdness going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hair weirdness is key here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the police and the investigators like, we got to keep an eye on this guy. So he was observed quite frequently. They followed him, They made sure that they were trailing him lots of places, and they were watching him closely. And he made repeat visits to a park where he would like covertly film women from like bushes and shits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he probably didn't know they were still watching him. He didn't, Oh my goodness, So his real creepiness is coming out oh definitely.
Speaker 1: So he would like literally hide in bushes.
Speaker 2: And shit and film women.
Speaker 1: Yep, he would like stalk them throughout this like specific park really.
Speaker 2: People of time for the shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So on May twelfth, two thousand and four, the surveillance team that was following them became really alarmed due to specific behavior from that day. See, like I said, he was stalking people from bushes. However, he was wearing multiple layers of clothes, had his hood up, and was wearing gloves as well. Remember the crime scene with Heather Barnett. They said that the killer seemed to have changed clothing.
Speaker 2: Oh so he actually just like strips clothing.
Speaker 1: So this is a concern. He's wearing multiple layers of clothes. Oo, he can just take off that first layer. Gross, So they were quite concerned.
Speaker 2: That's actually kind of smart, though, I'm going to put that out there.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give him any credit.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving him any credit. But I've never heard of that before, Like I've heard changing the clothes which is just stripped down, Like yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And it's not you might be able to like play the card like, oh, layering up's a good thing when it's cold. Out, No, this was midsummer, so.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was probably sweating balls most likely.
Speaker 1: So the police intervened and they searched him in his car and his bag and everything. They found identical change of clothing, just like we were saying, multiple layers there. They found a filet knife, scissors, a bellet, clava, and an extra pair of gloves.
Speaker 2: The filet knife would be what you would use to probably.
Speaker 1: Cut off the boobs, and I would assume the scissor for the hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh boy, okay, of course.
Speaker 1: Though Daniell, it was just like, oh, you know, he had explanations for all this, you know, whatever it was. You know, I just came from a jog and extra parrot clothes for sweating, and he just oh, I forgot I had that Phillot knife in there from a couple days ago, and I mean, prove him wrong, right. Yeah, So the police didn't have anything to go on unfortunately, and they had to let him go. There's nothing convicting convicting him anything.
Speaker 2: They just kept watching him a little bit longer. But then I guess they're also worried that.
Speaker 1: They were worried someone could die, so they had to intervene. Yeah, so without any way of convicting him, they needed to find something else to connect him to Heather Barnett's murder. So they asked for help from the public regarding locks of hair. Specifically, they hope that maybe they could identify the mysterious person whose DNA was attached to that hair, Like, who is this person whose lock of hair is left in Heather's hand? Right, So, once they made a plea to the public, you know, they're putting out ads on the radio, paper all in his hometown and stuff too, Like they're blasting his face all over the place.
Speaker 2: Oh my, that's okay, good, it's good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Multiple women became the began to come forward, actually identifying Daniello as someone who stole locks of hair from them. Really, he took hare from multiple women, women in movie theaters, public places. Even a schoolgirl identified him as a man who cut her hair on a bus.
Speaker 2: Good lord, that's actually very interesting that people wouldn't have come forward beforehand. You know, Like I feel like if I was in a movie theater and someone chopped part of my hair off, I don't know, I would just let that go.
Speaker 1: No kidding, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Also, like it's would we feel weird to maybe call the police over that too, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I think I would feel more weird letting someone go who's sitting behind me chopping off my hair.
Speaker 2: If someone just comes and chops off your beard, you would have something to say about that.
Speaker 1: Oh I would be punching their face into the ground.
Speaker 2: That would be getting away.
Speaker 1: Takes a long time and a lot of care for this beard.
Speaker 2: It does it does.
Speaker 1: Someone messes with it, I'm going to mess with them. Okay. So they did find people saying that Daniello cut hair from them and everything. Unfortunately, they were never able to find a match to the DNA of the hair found in Heather's hand.
Speaker 2: Oh dang.
Speaker 1: It did get him arrested though, Well, yeah, I did get him arrested. So they were able to search his home.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's good possessions.
Speaker 1: They found, of course, locks of hair. They found identical shoes that were worn and matched the pattern the day of Heather Barnett's murder. I even had internal traces.
Speaker 2: Of blood okay, okay, but.
Speaker 1: It could not be identified due to they were soaked in bleach. All DNA was null and void.
Speaker 2: So there was blood on them, but the DNA part of it would have been because of the bleach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell it's blood, but there's no DNA there anymore. Because Okay, so again, unfortunately there was no conclusive evidence and they had to release him back to the wild.
Speaker 2: I guess he just keeps getting away with this.
Speaker 1: He keeps getting away with it, and I'm pretty sure he's like one of those people who's he's like laughing this whole way. He's like, yeah, I'm getting away with murder, like you can't catch me, sort of attitude, which just makes it even worse.
Speaker 2: It does, it actually really does.
Speaker 1: So remember when I said that green towel would come into play, right, Well, in two thousand and eight, however, new techniques for DNA sampling came to light. I love how that's.
Speaker 2: A long time, like ways from the murder a little, but two to two thousand and eight it's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, in retrospect, there's a lot of cases that go a lot further. That's true, So it is a little while, but it's not a long time, I guess. But I love how a lot of cases are just like, ah, I'm getting away with it. Actually, new DNA research that has evolved over the last two decades. I love that that new DNA techniques come out.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: So the new DNA sampling came to light, and that mysterious green towel covered in blood was able to reveal DNA that matched dan Yellow on it.
Speaker 2: Oh gotcha.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is where I'm going to give a little bit of a backstory here. I never said it at any other point yet because it didn't seem to fit, right, this is where I'm going to say it. So, Daniello actually hired Heather Barnett to sew up some curtains for who he was going to give to his spouse or partner for a gift. So Heather Barnett was actually a seamstress. So Daniello had said, you know, I've been to her house. I have my DNA there. Whatever. Right, So the police understand that there was a connection between the two prior to this.
Speaker 2: Okay, which he probably didn't even need any freaking curtains.
Speaker 1: Most likely he was stalking her. Yeah, and this also comes into play when Terry said there was a key missing. It went missing shortly after he began visiting their place for these curtains. Daniello, however, just said, you know, he had left it there previously on a visit to her house. So unfortunately, the sixth of November, the evidence was still judged insufficient for prosecution.
Speaker 2: He just left it there, that's what he said. Opposed to someone's house and leaves a fucking towel.
Speaker 1: Apparently some creepy goes around cutting women's hair, I guess, and is in need of curtains.
Speaker 2: Good lord, that's just okay.
Speaker 1: So it's unfortunately unsufficient evidence, brutal, and he was let go once again.
Speaker 2: That's a piss off.
Speaker 1: It would be another two years before they had enough to finally bring them to court though, because two years later, on March seventeenth, twenty ten, the body of Alisa Klapp was found in a church. Found in a church in a church, in a brick loft al cove beside a bell tower. So remember how she met him at a church when he was sixteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that that she read missing?
Speaker 1: That's the church. She never left the church. She met him at the church, and she never left the church.
Speaker 2: Okay. And like the fact that that wasn't able to be searched, like that body could have been found years ago.
Speaker 1: Could have been yep, holy holy.
Speaker 2: Almost makes me think like the priests would have been in on it too, like why would you not let it be searched the name his name be sacred?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be that. But there's a little bit of theories that go back through this, and these are only theories. I didn't want to touch on them too much. But Daniello's father had some like foots in the door, foots in the door, had like his foot in the door, and like some like political and like police stuff. And I'm pretty sure that he may have had it as well, being a lot of religious people are very prevalent in you know, over in Europe and especially Italy. Yeah, he may have very well had his foot in the door with his church as well. So it could have been.
Speaker 2: Like a cover up thing, right, Okay, yep.
Speaker 1: So strands of Elise's own hair when she was found were actually found in her hand too, Really, Daniello's calling card the cut hair found in.
Speaker 2: Her hand, because that's almost silly to have a calling card, really, like Okay.
Speaker 1: They also found DNA and other evidence indicating Daniello was at Leasta's murderer. I couldn't find much on that it was just kind of there was DNA and other evidence, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: She must have had decomposed quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure she would have. I'm sure she would have been like very almost mummified by that point. But there was still evidence left behind, be it other blood, because he had a scratch in his hand, remember, so I'm sure that could have been something along those lines, or maybe she got some of his hair too, I don't know, brutal. So being now they have a calling card, they can connect Daniello to both these murders, and it was enough to bring them to court. Okay, So two months after the remains of Alsa were found, Daniello was charged with the murder of Heather Barnett in England. So May twenty eleven, Danielle was found guilty of murdering Heather Barnett. Good evidence came in and because Alisa essentially saved this, she prevented him from walking free. Oh yeah, so she's our badass of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's the hero. Look at that.
Speaker 1: So it took the jury only one day to return with a verdict, and the judge sentenced Daniello to forty years in prison for the murder of Heather Barnett. And that's only Heather Barnett.
Speaker 2: Though, is there more?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the murder of Alisa.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, yeah, I was like, is there even more that have come up?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Well, there's there's probably there's there's some where he's connected to, but nothing proven yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would be surprised if it was only these two though, it'll be honest.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, same, but we are only covering these two in this yeah. Yeah. So in Italy after he's in prison, his trial went on in his absence in twenty eleven and he was also found guilty for the murder of Alisa Collapses, and he was sentenced to thirty more years.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So the Home Security also ordered him to be deported back to Italy, where he would be jailed for what they say is the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That is the case of the hair in hand killer, This piece of shit who I don't care if I get his name wrong.
Speaker 2: He doesn't deserve for you get his name right, No, he doesn't. Wow. Okay, Well, I'm so glad that they ended up him. But god, that went on a long time.
Speaker 1: Yes, it did, and there's a lot of like I skipped a lot of little pieces of information because there it was all over the place trying to find something to go after this guy. But I stick. I kept to the main store. I kept like all the main information. If you really want to research more, there is some smaller details out there, and like I said, a lot of theories too on who else he could have been after. But this dude just seems like an all around fucking creep, even like as a kid he grew up just fucking weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, he sounds he sounds like a real winner. He better stay in jail for ever.
Speaker 1: Oh he is, for ever he is. They the judge said that the chances of him ever seeing the outside again is like slim to none. Good, he'll be in jail for life.
Speaker 2: Good good, he deserves it, that fucking rot. No shit. Huh, well done. That was very interesting.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I'll be doing the next one.
Speaker 1: Do you know what the next episode is?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Actually, can we get a little bit of a hinty hint it? I don't know, Come on, come on, don't we don't give hints very hard.
Speaker 2: It's definitely going to make you want to lock your doors, including your balcony doors. Oh shit, So if you live in an apartment, lock your fucking balcony doors. I'm telling you that right now.
Speaker 1: Ha'd your kids, had your wife.
Speaker 2: And it's another it's another Canadian. I might have to branch out one day. All I've been doing is Canadian cases. But I think I said from the beginning that I like Canadian true crime. So yeah, I don't know, do we need more hints than that. I mean, that's.
Speaker 1: Given you, that's not really given any hints.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll drop a big one. So he's known as the bedroom strangler.
Speaker 1: That isn't a hint, that's just telling us. Oh, but I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: How else do you give hints without really just like telling what it is? Well, we now know that's what it is.
Speaker 1: That sounds in depth and crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm not giving his name, that's just his like nickname. And yeah, it's wild. It's like, actually, I'll be doing a lot of my research when you're like working night shift and I'm home alone, so I might not have like planned this shit properly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, gotcha, that's it all right, Well, look forward to it, all right, And we'll see you guys next week, or we'll talk to you next week. On the next episode, we hear all about it.
Speaker 2: Stay wicked,