Speaker 1: Yeah, we're back in the studio this week. If you could, you could tell if you're watching on YouTube, I believe the studio is working. We are getting people coming around after this to actually fix it. I don't know what that means. Like a blast furnace in here, though, isn't it. Yeah we last week about one hundred layers on outside. But you're both in T shirts really already.
Speaker 2: I've got to be back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's yeah, no EFL grounds that would accept us this week, so we've just gone back to our half working studio. Jimmy, before you came on, you said, I can't believe the one week I was not here you went to a football ground. Sorry about that. Where were you?
Speaker 2: Spain? Fish?
Speaker 1: Do you have a nice time?
Speaker 2: They were nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's caught many Spanish fish.
Speaker 2: A few Spanish fish.
Speaker 1: Sh oh, yeah, we created we created, uh dom the producers. Weren't you in Portugal? You do you? No?
Speaker 3: I described it to him as it was two and off I was inland from Portugal Spain Extremador.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's in Spain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Spain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as Spain briefly a Laiga team in the days of Spanish Eye on soccer AM and Revista de la Liga were watching it in the off maybe you We were watching this in the office on Friday, just old soccer am clips based on someone wh keeps tweeting about can't go away with it nowadays. Last week then we built fivefold, which was eleven to one. It was three wins, two draws, so frustrating on the draws as well. It was bitterly close, wasn't it. I was really moaning about it last Saturday that the two games that cost us there was a stoppage time equalizer to cost us for one of them, and then the other draw. Then Sam Greenwood had a shot tip around the post in injury time and then the last act of the game hit the post. So that's the way the cookie crumble, isn't it. But then midweek we keep saying midweek ACAS on the website because I've time to a podcasts for people that one. Would you like to talk about the winner? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: That is two three winners in the space of twenty one days, maybe even less about about twenty one days. Yes from you, thank you, Yes, tell us to talk us through it. Yeah, so that one one, that one did win, And now I'm gonna have to try to remember off the top of my head. It was earlyfl wasn't it, And then to one to one and it was clinched by Charlton in the eighty ninth minute. Header I believe from a corner I will get the teams. I'm just having to take a less of my sporting life account. What an easy process that was, how quick to get in Really looked like we're going to be denied by Peterborough who had fought back from being a man and a goal down to get an equalizer. But then Charlton won it in the eighty ninth minute, So it was Charlton Birmingham breezed to an easy win and that I'm suggesting that you ought to do this, But anyone who may have backed the ACA also elsewhere on two up then you were kind of sailing your weigh in until that last one came. So the first three were all easily and because the teams raced into big leads and it was just that charm One Leighton Orient Birmingham. Really testing my metal here, Tom, because I got it up on my screen. Portsmouth to Smithy, Portsmouth went tuner up and then conceded away yep. So that one was a bit of a squeaky bum one if you've taken the enhanced price and Skybit as well. But they got there in the end. Portsmouth continuing to just be brilliant at home and rank bad away from home. So another winner and the fifty to one. I was going to say, can you remember the teams that were in that one? Yes, the additional ones were. It started to do this, haven't we where we have the normal one and then we had kind of extra teams that we talk about to make a bigger one if you want that, and that came and that was ridiculously close. U Ventus. That was a cracking game in the Champions League, one of the best ones if anybody had any time to watch it. So you vent Us against PSV was really end in the closing stages and you Ventus scored has come through the speaker their George. So that's a night. And see we do have producers. So if there's actually any issues with the podcast, not our fault. Yeah, there you go. George is just speaking to us. Oh this micromagement voice of God, I think you call that. So you' Ventus scored in I think the eighty first eighty second minute to beat PSV. So we got that one in the bag and then what was the next one that won Bradford City? Are you going to get that one? Bradford winning for an eighth straight game?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: In League two? And then denied in stoppage time Stockport one lil up away at Bristol Rovers conceded an equalized in the ninety second minute to draw at Bristol Rovers to deny a fifty to one winner in there. Who wanted Stockport?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 1: One did want Stockport? Who? No?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: It wasn't me?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got a conversation here my extra Stockport equal red hot one five straight Bristol Rovers picked up a little against sides, not a Stocky level, of which Joe Townsend said, Bristol Rovers, I know you hate, but would be hesitant on that. They outplayed us when we won four in a row. They won their next home match three to one as well, and we played Stockport the weeknd of match them but for a stupid few minutes later in the first half, even with changing formatia for the first time in three seasons. There you go, so who won't call anyone out? But think logically, Jimmy, we're here.
Speaker 2: You didn't. I didn't. You didn't. You didn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't on our slack you were. So there we go, Jake, Jake got it. There you go. That's why he's not allowed on the episode. He's going to hate listening back to this.
Speaker 2: Is he all right?
Speaker 1: Does he listen back to it? I don't, So I'm away next week as well, so you can deal with the Fallout Boys. I wanted to out boys, fall Out Boys. There you go, and either the band or the radioactive man side. Yeah, there you go. How's this? I wanted to bring this up for AKA Crusher and the wed say how hard it is to build ackers and stuff like that and get winning ones? I know the answer already is a yes. How often are we betting on the Bulgarian top flight.
Speaker 2: Regularly?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, regularly twice a week. It's called the PA Liga. It returned this weekend from I think now winter break. It also carried on to Monday, but I didn't go back and then calculate it. But across Saturday and Sunday, no favorites one what none of the favorites won. If you had a pound accumulator on the results, not even the correct scores. The results of the seven games, you'd have won around thirty six thousand pounds no way, four wins, three draw draws. Particular highlights Slavia Sofia at nine to two against CSKA Sofia Big game they won one nil. Locomotive Plovdiv beat Schuren no more two to one, a six to one outsiders. So a pound accumulator would have returned at thirty six thousand pounds on the seven results, and I wanted to bring them up. That is questionable. Look, superior knowledge is why he had five hundred pounds on it. Welcome Bulgaria to the European USA. Welcome, Actually we're not in it anymore? Are we are going to be the newest member state?
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: I think that was on the quiz I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there you go. I nothing.
Speaker 1: This is familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The reason why it's so familiar to me is because I plagiarized Tom's Christmas Quiz two or three times to different audiences over Christmas. And I'll be honest, they weren't impressed because it was too hard. Well, lots of people were saying, this is yeah, they're hanging out with thick people. They're good questions, but how on earth could we know all these answers? What this? Who was this man who stayed on a boat in the sea? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I was like, Yeah, well get on the internet on this quiz four times so I know the answer. It's fine. I feel like I was gonna say, oh yeah, if you if we have any Bulgarian listeners I don't know, please get in touch and explain what the hell's going on there? Because that is wild. And I'll be keeping an eye that this weekend. Are we going to the Pavely for this week's Sokka and we're talking what about talking about last night's football? Oh my god, yes, oh god, yes? How good was that?
Speaker 3: It was football? Simple?
Speaker 1: Everton Liverpool are presum we're all on about. Absolutely was amazing.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: We had a ninety eighth minute, well in ninety plus eight technicality minute equalized it from a center back vulleying it into the top corner. We then had pitch invasions, people all over the pitch running around, someone starting to nick the corner flag, which I particularly enjoy, give that back. And then we had full time whistle. We had both at the full time the full time whistle, which was a nice treat. Shout out to both Abdolai Decorey and Curtis Jones for both behaving in correct manner. Decore celebrating in front of the Liverpool fans, Jones then kicking off because they were celebrating in front of the Liverpool fans. They both got sent off on a slot sarcastic remark to the referee. We don't know what he said. He was then sent off. What brilliant entertainment and what evidence that we have got our game back. Tried to take it away fishing. One of the best couple of hours spent this season watching football.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 1: He really was testament to David moy is that all the unfair criticism he's had over the last few years is the best way to play against a good opponent is to get under the skin so that they'll lose it. Just put two big lads up from boot it and then he started playing center backs up front towards the end. I got excited when they said on commentary Michael Bean's getting like he's coming on as a striker. Oh god, yeah. Got three enormous defenders in the back, four as well, so that every time just and it wasn't you know, aimless football. They just they were playing these long balls down the channel and then getting in a scrap with Vandyke. He's hating it. It's causing other Pool players to make ridiculous petty fowls. And I know it was a derby, but I really do wonder whether other teams are going to try this now and think why haven't we just thought it's simple, don't try to play football against Liverpool. Just put some big lads up from start booting it and then try and have a scrap with them because it was fabulously entertaining. Yeah, that's the Premier League and it really good. It's a shame because they have changed it. But this was a win for well or a loss for automated commentary streams. Have you seen this? Obviously a lot of if you go on apps and you have the commentary stream, it will literally just be an automated thing says this and you know this is what happened, and obviously doesn't really have the facility for managers, which they have now changed to unsporting conduct. But I think it was flash score went with Arna Slott goes in with a reckless challenge on it show Straight Red, which I particularly enjoyed. What else happened last night? A lot All four at the top of the championship won again? Sheeffield tonight. Actually I think last night played well. Would that be fair to say because we spoke before that Liliam actually played well. He's not commenting much because's probably watching the Shift game when yes, I was, Yeah, the best game of the seasons.
Speaker 2: It said dark afterwards, isn't it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've scored five, they've scored five. They are Joe what they are now? Twenty third a point a point, one point behind safety John Eustace's Derby now as well, Luton Town are bottom of the championship. What the hell is going on there? Effect notice they drop off there needs to be studied. Because we had it in our preseason accumulator. A lot of people will have them in their preseason accumulator because the whole point was they're going to build a decent team for the championship? Are you going to have to get going and arrived? Our preseason accumulator is going to land looting?
Speaker 2: Are really going to have to start?
Speaker 1: They?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll pick up any.
Speaker 1: Day, they only need twenty twenty points. They need to close the gap to twenty points to West bromin sixth, so it's very very achievable. Darby mentioned there as well. John Eustace, I think we should mention this before we actually get into the weekend's action as well, because Derby played QPR this weekend. John Eustace's thoughts on it good bad. What we're thinking me bizarre if anything.
Speaker 3: I just think it's a damnine endowment and how bad the Yankis are really in it?
Speaker 1: So Blackburn for context of fifth in the division, well they were, they won last night, they were well in the playoff mix anyway, Darby just out of relegation on goal difference.
Speaker 2: It's been free for though.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of a scalp. Scalp do you say that about when you're hiring someone. But it's a hell of a move to make and basically coop that's the word I'm looking for. The they've effectively kind of whoever's pointed this out at Derby and said, well he's got connections to the club, we think you want to come. There's a release clause. He's not too happy there. They've played a blinder because we spoke before an episode about the relegation battle and Derby were the one we were pointing towards going down. No, not so sure.
Speaker 2: I ain't got a clue who goes down? I ain't going clue.
Speaker 1: No, it's a real bumb really down there now, isn't it. The I mean, his record stacks up, doesn't it. So you'd have to back him to keep them up because he did a great job at Blackburn last year where they looked like they were going to be in serious trouble and he quickly got them together. I mean at Birmingham did the same the season before. So it's very logical what Derby have done. The guy who's gone into two previous clubs the last two seasons and kept them up when they were in dire straits. Plus the fact that he was a well liked player when he was at Derby, then it's a very very sensible appointment.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean I know the.
Speaker 1: Blackburn fans will know a hell of a lot more than any of any of us do in terms of investment in the club. I mean Blackburn. You look at the size of size of them as a club and the fan base that they've got the crowds that they're getting where they are in the league is they're doing very well. It's a different time to when they were winning the Premier League in the nineteen ninety and when they had that sustained period of over investment. When they're in the Premier League, so that's the level they are. Derby's ceiling is much higher than Blackburn's because as soon as they start to do even slightly well, they're getting like thirty thousand plus crowds every week. Blackburn was struggling to break twenty thousand at times when they had Graham soon as as manager in the Premier League doing well. So the Derby are a significantly bigger club and Blackburn are. It's just a reality. It's just the truth.
Speaker 2: That's why he actually went.
Speaker 1: That's why he's going to go because it is a long term, much bigger opportunity and people always go to these bigger clubs thinking I can be the one to turn them around, even if it's a small drop down doesn't mean and it'll work out and Blackburn might get to the Premier League and be more like a Borne Meth or whatever, you know, a smaller club that does brilliantly because it's not all about fan bases. But he's looking at the project, isn't he who's bigger? Blackburn or Derby depends good diplomatic and I mean Derby won the European Club twice. I mean I mean won the European Cup once. Sorry, I've lost my head now now I'm going to get hammered. Boris one. It's wise Harby won the title. Sorry, Yes, it's in the damn United where he made it this bit out. Nope, that's staying in. He doesn't rotate and it gets bolder. The owner. Derby will not feature in this week's because they're playing for Friday Night against QPR, which takes us nicely on where do we want to start with strongest possible fancies? Or did I open up by suggesting from the Premier League we take aston Villa to be Ipswich. Yes, that was easy. Anyone else got anything to say? It's one roughly around one to two, two to five ish on this one. But in terms of the slate of the weekend fixtures, this one probably jumps out, especially in the Premier League, because you're not getting too much else I don't think elsewhere too many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you guys like it, I don't mind it. I didn't have it.
Speaker 1: Down anything else that we could possibly have. I do you want to mean, well, it's Aston Villa who were significantly better at football than Ipswich. I mean Ipswich. That the Southampton result the other week kind of.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't think, oh, they'd definitely be okay, but I kind of had it in my head that Southampton Leicster doomed Ipswich half a chance, half a chance he of staying up And now that result really kind of puts the doubt in the mind now that they've dropped down just on a run a form as well. Obviously beat Coventry in the FA Cup, didn't they It was four losses before that, okay, yes, Liverpool, Man City, Brighten, but then to lose at Southampton at home was particularly worrying. And it's just a Villa side who we spoke about Champions League. Don't have to worry about that. They are a top eight side at home, just been strong, consistently strong as well. Eleven. I think it is now unbeaten at home across all competitions and fundamentally he is once two two to five. I don't think I should really need to explain much more than that. The price just seems correct on it, and in a way I'm slightly surprised that it's not short on a you'll be sure team, yeah, a current time, a team who are in the knockout stages of the Champions League as a top eight side in that European competition at home to a team who are struggling, have recently lost a relegation rival and are in trouble. It just doesn't make a great deal of sense. All the cards are in Villa's favor. The we can't dress it up in anyway we like. The home form is worth just slightly touching on more that you alluded to there, because this of this season they've only lost twice at home to arsenal right the beginning of the year. It might have even been their first home game in the league, but they played really well, lost too and elt and then the other one was against Palace in the Carabino Cup where they played changed eleven again really early. So two out of nineteen home matches in all competitions. But their home forms since an Iamory took over has been phenomenally good. We're talking, you know, for three seasons now. So not only are they one of the best teams in the country and they're in the last sixteen of the Champions League. They're a phenomenally good team who have strengthened in January. They're especially good at home, and they are playing one of the worst teams in the Premier League. I mean, it's a simple argument through the reverse the reverse early that was fairly early season, wasn't it, And it I switched like the argument that Tom's made lost the last four conceded eighteen goals, and I know that that that Southampton game might be the one that's like flipped Tom's mind. The one that flipped it for me was I watched that game ips which against Brighton that started the losing run, and they could not get near Brighton and Brighton were on a really bad run themselves that either not wonning seven or like one winning seven matches, and Brighton and mid table this season, they just couldn't get anywhere near them. They're completely outclassed by a mid table Premier League team. I was thinking watching that they are banging trouble here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he goes for about four at home in some of these games, and it just it's just stupid.
Speaker 2: It's suicide.
Speaker 3: But away from him, he usually goes for a back five and they're a bit tight.
Speaker 2: But those own record I like it. Get them in.
Speaker 1: Should we do it?
Speaker 2: Then? First pick?
Speaker 1: Then off this week's acker. It's a short priced one, but I imagine one that'll be in a lot of people's accumulators this weekend. It is aston Villa for a home win over it switch. Where do we want to go to?
Speaker 3: Now? Stay in the prem Come stay in the prem Yes, a short price bornouth a Southampton?
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: I want to know what Tom was on his phone there, whether he was ordering his moon pit card for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: You celebrate Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: I've done order that order where you order multiple ones?
Speaker 2: Shrewd? How many? How many birds have you got?
Speaker 1: Let's carry on foremost Southampton? Sorry, what do you want? You were so excited about it? Which is going to make is going to crush me to say no to it?
Speaker 3: I just kept yawning in the first bit, so I was just trying to sight myself up a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usually the energy one and you've been a bit you too relaxed after your fishing trip. What happened on that fishing trip? Yeah, I imagine on the topic of fishing trips from television based things, imagine a like Bob Watermow. You just fall over randomly. Yeah, yeah's clumsy.
Speaker 2: Quite nimble, quick off the mark.
Speaker 1: Don't wind?
Speaker 2: What don't fucking wind?
Speaker 1: What do you fish for? In Spain we went.
Speaker 2: Barble, Prince of the river bottom feeder.
Speaker 3: In the UK they grow to about twenty pounds, but in Spain they grow twice as big. A few variants you got Gypsy, comoso, small head, and then a breed of them all. Well, yeah, cracking fighters, that's what we go for.
Speaker 1: Give a reasoned explanation for aston villa. But get this man talking about fish the most I've heard him ever, talking with such confidence and conviction as well names the punt Cantrell. Welcome to mastermind specialist subject fish.
Speaker 2: Doom. That's mastermind, isn't it. I'm not sure that's law in order?
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, what did you say?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What give us some some of the names?
Speaker 2: Marble?
Speaker 3: You got Gypsy was in the gipsy, small head, Commeso which is co m o is z o. I think m co m I z o small head of the best fighters, but they're the rarest.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant as well. Have google types of barble fish and of representative species of the sixteen that Google have thrown up to be none of those they mentioned.
Speaker 2: These are specific.
Speaker 1: In Spain. There you go, there you go, come out comeso. Yep, yeah, small head, yep, yeah, you've you've got it right, Yeah, cute.
Speaker 3: I like to I like to get my fingers dirty when I'm going on the day. You don't really learn the culture everything you eat the fish that you catch.
Speaker 2: No, God, no, that's like cannibal do that?
Speaker 1: Can you go to the locals? It's only cannibalism if you're a fish. Doesn't He doesn't feel like it.
Speaker 2: That's how it touched down.
Speaker 1: He strolls into a local restaurant and holds it up three euros, paying three euros ala.
Speaker 2: He leaves Alla comistan. What was it?
Speaker 1: I got to do the rest of this in Spanish as your.
Speaker 3: Every time you've got a beer, you got a little player tapas you know, the.
Speaker 1: Pig's legs ham on dobly salty.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's so crisps.
Speaker 1: Jesus just that dry out your mouth conveniently this and you'll buy more. This is Jimmy's explanation for born Southampton would not care less about. Don't overthink it, babe, kiss.
Speaker 2: Keep it's simple stupid. We go.
Speaker 3: Best advice I ever received from who it's just an office quote. Mh well it would be from Michael Scott. He'd be simple stupid through west office. Yeah, obviously the better, the better one lesser office, way better.
Speaker 1: Do you want to give us any more about Southampton, Bob, with any statistical analysis or Southampton?
Speaker 3: It were only the other week we debating if they can beat Darby's lowest point record in the Premier League. Right, so they are crap by some distance.
Speaker 2: Yep, Russell manager Russell is not the manager anymore.
Speaker 3: I thought it was for a second, but he's not. Who is the manager, manager McGee.
Speaker 1: That's the one Mark McGee.
Speaker 2: And then they're against the manager.
Speaker 3: Statistically one of the best sides in the Premier League.
Speaker 1: I mean statistically they are the seventh best team if.
Speaker 3: You look at the points table, the actual one underlying data.
Speaker 2: Jake Jesus top three, the top three.
Speaker 1: I like bet but now I'm really un convid the staff that I'm more on convid now that will be started No.
Speaker 3: The top three underlying data. They've only lost one since the end of November and that came against Liverpool. Fourteen games, nine to wins. You might think the price is short for an away team, and that's what I thought at first, but then you look at the Cherries. They've gone off odds on five times this season. They've won five of those and the aggregate score has been seventeen goals four four against, so it's like convincing wins. The last two odds on games was five to one winning West Brom in the Cup and another five miller. I can't quite remember who that was against. But this is a team at the top of their game. Although we have already got a short price winning, but I thought everyone would be on with this.
Speaker 1: Are unbeaten in the last seven away games as well, five believable wings. The wins have come at Wolves, Ipswich, crucially Man United whether one three nil, beat Newcastle four to one, and of course Everton Bournemouth that Cup game we spoke about last week. Particularly I catch them on that as well because Bournemouth compared to an Everton side who basically had their first eleven out Bournemouth's relative rotation in the forward areas as well, a pretty strong line up otherwise, but to go there and win two nil, it's Jimmy said, it's a side banging form. And yes we spoke about Ipswich and that result against Southampton recently, but around that it's just been absolutely atrocious. Under Ivan Yurich, it's got even worse than it was under Russell Martin. They had the win over Swansea in the FA Cup and then that win, but it's just losses every other week. And it's convincing some of these losses as well in terms of the amount of goals that they are conceding. You know, I just wonder that they then lost to burn Only from the Championship, who are fucking boring, but they are solid. They kept another clean sheet and it was a second string Burnley eleven as well. Scott Parker tries his best to get out of the fat and yet they're still in it. And of course Southampton made their own changes as well, naturally, but I mean, for God's say, you need the Cup, don't you just to build some momentum and try and get the good times back and they couldn't even do that at the moment. And it is a short price. But again, much like Philly, you think a lot of people are just gonna go bomb us to beat Southampton. Yeah, and it seems to keep it simple studios approach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't overthink it. This is we literally say, about one of the worst Premier League teams in history. The other thing is about your itch is he's coming and he's made him run. I've heard from a very reliable source that the players are just not having him. He's told them they're not fit enough, they're not good enough. He made him run constantly in training in the place for the talent and say we're not doing that anymore. Next result five nil home loss against Brentford, notoriously bad travelers this season.
Speaker 1: Come on now, it's a very it's good reliable source.
Speaker 2: I can't reveal my source.
Speaker 1: You're on about going he went out for that drinkle Russell Martin the other night, If he's if he's all right, Joe, you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Know who is Barbara is?
Speaker 1: Who's Barbara Russell Martin? You like his hair? Who look a bit like him?
Speaker 2: Who doesn't like his hair?
Speaker 3: I think that's why he's gets so many managerial jobs. He just charms the looks good. He yeah, same with Parker, Steve Cooper way better manager.
Speaker 2: Where's he nowhere?
Speaker 1: He's Scott Park's going in going, you know, four thousand pounds Cardigan here, Sergio GEORGINI helped. Yeah, that's exactly it, Yeah, exactly it. Joe's were very quite joining this and Hi bit It's just.
Speaker 3: I didn't think this is need this much convincing and it's such a short price. It was six to ten when I did my notes at the start of the week. As they always do. It's crumbled a little bit. So if you've got any doubts, I'm happy to leave it out. But I thought it'd be a stapleceptionally sure. That's not exceptionally sure.
Speaker 1: One to two about Bournemouth, one of the best teams. While i'm while I'm having a look at now is previous prices because so that I'm not being biased against Bournemouth, you know, because the Bournemouth and they're not heard Newcastle. The question is Newcastle went off across the board eleven to twenty five according to this, which is totally real pricing. So even shorter than one to two. The questions would you have you know, Bournemouth alongside? So that is absolutely foul. I think that's got it.
Speaker 2: Oh my.
Speaker 3: From I please don't please, don't judge the chances of these bet on whatever you you please, my god.
Speaker 1: I was making a point about Newcastle being a similar price west Ham worlds against Tottenham went there when they won five, Yes, previous management and there's no way that Newcastle were as short as this on the Thursday.
Speaker 2: All right, let's say.
Speaker 1: That's the That is just the concern that I would have, and also having already put in because this is the this is the same price as Villa to win at home against Tips, which there's just I can't be having that the there's the the same value and it would box us into we're really really struggling to make this a fourfold if we have these two in, you know, to begin with, there's our two selections. It's really not an absolute hard no, I'm really I don't like the price though.
Speaker 3: All right, well I'll do one more from the prem bigger price. I know what you're my friend, special price.
Speaker 1: I know what you're going to say, very good. I know the team you're going to say as well, well you're going to put forward were taking Newcastle to win at.
Speaker 2: The Yes, can I shock you west Ham? Oh? Newcastle?
Speaker 1: Oh, I could maybe see that.
Speaker 3: Keep it short because that was a long debate. Twelve wins last fourteen games Newcastle. There was three to one yesterday. I don't know why I did it back and know it a bit short and around three point six ish generally. But we'll get that nice lovely Skybet boost which will pump them up a bit. And that's what you got to think about. Well, it's just man City crap for a while. Terrible over Winter led Tuesday night three two down. They got the return leg next Wednesday after UCL games Champions League. That is, they've lost half of their eight, only won three and you look at the two games they've won. They've had a tough schedule. They played Arsenal twice after Champions League games Liverpool as well Manchester Derby, but they also played Southampton they were one to ten on they only won one nil. They also played Fulham one to four on one three two, but Fulham should have won that. They should have definitely got something like that game. So against shite they labor into victory and they haven't won the rest of the games. And this is not a shite Newcastle team. This is very good, very nice, very good price.
Speaker 2: You like it a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a big old price, isn't it. It's just the hesitancy of everything I know about Man City just going ah, even though every logic thing says they're it is a big old price and that.
Speaker 4: I don't get it, to be honest, because it's the factor of that the wedged in between two Champions League games, Like you say, there the fundamentally the importance for man City and the nature of losing that that Edison just going for some reason, we're winning with ten minutes to go.
Speaker 1: Watch this, let me do something. I mean, yeah, you look at recent results. There are only win across the last three Layton Orient, of which there went one nil down thanks that wonder goal, you.
Speaker 2: Know, just quickly. I just thought of this, right.
Speaker 3: So man City went off odds against against Chelsea, same situation in between Champions League and they won three one. But there was a bigger persson and I'm not sure irank Newcastle that much worse than Chelsea. I say, they're probably on a part of particularly Newcastle's current form. It's like there was an over not an overreaction, but there was a significant reaction to men cities crap form. But now they're going back to like odds on prices again and I don't really know what's changed.
Speaker 1: I just don't think we can go near man City in Okay. They're so unpredictable. Even the match that you've quoted the Chelsea's they were going into that in almost exactly the same circumstances they played on Wednesday. Rather the Tuesday against PSG they showed encouraging signs for spells and then capitulated to lose four too rather than to lose three to two. And then against Chelsea they started terribly and they actually played excellently. They deserve to win that game three to one. Completely bossed Chelsea in that match because the way that they're playing at the moment, they are just horrendously unpredictable. That's the fact of the matter. We need something, we need more picks. I like it, but it is that I would not be surprised if this like a one one drawer or something stupid and how just frustrates the hell them.
Speaker 2: It's already in check that out on life dot com.
Speaker 1: Maybe we need teams, we need teams who get in nowherey the only one we've got is two to five. I think there's I think there's a few good ones in the fl Let's go like a good handful of picks in the FL. So the first one it won for us in midweek Leighton Orient, Yes, Lincoln getting somewhere talking of Man City, I mean Latin Orient went close to shocking them in the f A Cup last weekend. We'll all that was the incredible he's done it. You know, it's a special trait seeing this he does it. He's people kept sharing it from the the top of them academy when they're tweeted out and he's done it multiple times. Imagine your special trait being twatting it in from halfway. I mean, that could be the end of Orient getting any of those Tottenham Academy players. After Richie Wellens is slagging off and postera cogloo. Yeah really, it must be really awkward for him having to listen to it. It's like, you know dad and your stepdad fighting take yeah, and the club obviously pulled doing like you have to do another interview yeah, you really really kiss and postera cog lose urs because we've got a lone link. We've forgotten about that. Oh god, yeah, sorry?
Speaker 2: And did he do that?
Speaker 1: He did? I said he'd embarrassed himself and all this and he just don't even know. He just lost didn't realize what he said until someone told him afterwards, because you know that happens, doesn't it. Apparently? Anyway, Leteron Orient doing really well one eleven drawn three, lost two across the last fifteen League One games. Is only Birmingham that are similar points per game across the last fifteen. That absolutely charging the way up League One against Lincoln, who were just an average team in League One this year. They didn't even beat Cambridge at home last weekend two wins in eleven and away from home they're really poor as well, so they've won four games away from home this season. Burton stevenage that Stephen's right. At the beginning of the season when they were poor as well Cambridge and Northampton they won their first two away games of the season, so their only win away from home has been at Northampton since September, so they're very poor away as well as just been middling. Full stop takes care of itself and the price as well. It's only it's a shade shorter than even money. I think nineteen to twenties even money showing on my I got it down at even money. Yeah, so it feels like an excellent bit of value.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it. I think I have a perfect ten ten record as well across thirty games. Very satisfying, isn't it. That's quite a nice thing to look at.
Speaker 3: Yes, they've been crap since Christmas, absolutely terrible. I don't know what they did at Christmas Day, but it must have been epic. They played eleven only one two into this one.
Speaker 1: In Laton Orient did the cliche thing, didn't they as well? After the mansic go wow, we're all focused on the Mansfield game on Tuesday. That's a far bigger game shut up for the man's city in town, do you tell me? Or a more focused on Mansfield?
Speaker 2: Great free past him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Well to be fair, it did work so well done the focus on that one. We're all in agreement on this, yes, right, second pick then of this week, soacha we finally got there, joining aston Villa to beat Ips which comes from sky Betts League One. It is Laighton Orient two beat Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We waffle on a lot, so we need to get get going the double at the moment around seven to four ish, so not a bad spot really for a fourfold. Where else do you want to look around the league's yep, your turner reckon? Only just me and Jimmy No fucking and shit, wasn't it that last Sea.
Speaker 3: It's one of the stinky burpers that really put everyone off, happening to just breed through my mouth.
Speaker 1: There are a few that kind of John Powe, I mean Birmingham again another successful team and the other playing Charlton at home eight to thirteen to would just keep backing Birmingham at home. The one I did, I did want to mention and I'm going to contract myself because in the column, the notebook column on Monday and I thought this after the weekend game, I said, I just I'm slightly hesitant on including them. But then they won in midweek and played well in midweek for the first time I think in a while, and they're a big price. Sheffield United at Luton seven to five for a team who was second against the team who were bottom as we spoke about earlier. I don't know if it's just a value play just to keep backing Sheffield United, because maybe the sign is you're going well. They haven't been playing well, but they're still second in the league. And there's the fact that next week is it they play Leads at bram Olane. They need to make sure that they're still within the touching distance of their and being at a point where they can then win that game to overtake them. They can't then go into that game knowing, shit, if we don't win this then that is it. They're too far clear here. We can't we can't really touch them. It's just a big price playing. This Lowton turnaround isn't happening. It's just not happening. We keep saying it was going to happen. It's not happened. I know everyone within football thought it was going to happen. You know, saw various kind of interviews with chief executives and stuff at the start of the season where they were saying at the state of the championship, well, Looton will turn it round. Obviously, as we expect, it's not happened. They are bottom of the league. They are struggling Sheffield United, who I honestly don't know where to rank them amongst the four. I think we know who seconds. Well, yes, it took the league table, the league in terms of kind of you know what you're looking at.
Speaker 3: Me the joint best NNUS points deduction.
Speaker 1: Well, get your finances in order then the it's just the pricing. It's just for me, Like I say, is it just worth of just keep including them? When we keep getting prices like this, I think it's top. It's the whole thing, Tom, because if you for me because I've got down a massive price, I think the price gets it in because it's a ridiculous price when you look at the comparative matchups across the leagues this weekend. Because so that I've got this alongside Wickham at Crawley, that Wickham second in the league going to a team that third bottom and Wickham a seventeen to twenty and Sheffield United are a fair fair bit of odds against. So they keep fluctuating between being eleven to eight and like a little bit short, a little bit longer. That's just crazy. Chef United thirty one points away from home this season. Only Burnley thirty two have taken more. It's nine wins, four draws, two defeats. Lutwin haven't won any of the last ten and lost eight of those matches. No uptick under Bloomfield at all. The price is just crazy. So every n I had won six of the last seven, had that odd performance at home to Hold that they lost, but then just came straight back and won the rest of the league games. The price is insane. If this was a team, do you know that sixth in the league at that price is where I think your point about it's just the price, but the second in the league. It's the team. If this was way shorter, then I think we should be looking at getting it in. But with the price as well, I think we'd be crazy to not include it earlier. A shorter price to beat Preston and we spoke last week. Preston han't lost since I think the second and November at home ten games. I think it is now I'm beating at Home and Burnley were shorter price to go there and win. I just can't Yeah, I can't really write my head around it, to be honest, it just feels like are we're just being stupid by just ignoring them and leaving them out. I would definitely haven't it for one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Elective gym Rood No. So I was tricky when you're trying to assess your own team. We were crap against Portsmouth, were crap at home against We struggled at home against Darby, were a.
Speaker 2: Crap at home against Plymouth.
Speaker 3: But I was just looking at our away record against the crap teams and it's pretty good. And I guess it's just because the onus is on them a little bit more to come out and players, and we've got the quality to beat them. The only slight niggling doubt is the brilliant performance was revolved around Hamer.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday.
Speaker 3: He tweaked his hamstrings somewhere around the fortieth minute and coincidentally we just sort of it turned into a bit of a slug our slog after that. I doubt it'd be risked for this game, and I don't know how. I don't know how important he is to the team. I don't know how much it hinges on him because we've got so much quality in January now, so I don't know that would be my only doubt. But price wise, I think with my head, you've got to get it in, aren't you. You've got it bottom of the league, absolutely down and out, lost like ten of the last twelve. Did you say eight of the last ten two draws. Yeah, I think just get it in because at least we can hold our heads up by then. And if they do, Joe say, well the price was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got the way, We've got the value, win moral, win the treble five and a half to one. I think one more team does it. Yeah, just to recap, we've got Aston Villa to beat Ipswich, Sheffield United to beat Luton as we said there and then later in writing, to beat Lincoln. One more team and I think we've got a nice fourfold here. Where who do you want to include?
Speaker 2: Where do you want to go?
Speaker 1: Can I say Wickham coming? I've already said them. Yeah, I'm uncertain, but go for it. So Wickham are away from home, so I know, like, ah, we're like no away teams ever apart from that last one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they're away at Crawley and yeah Crawley they try the best, but they are poor and they'll get the odd result. But they're a poor team and they might make it difficult for Wickham, but Wickham should win this game and they're not like a really really short price. Only Burton have taken fewer points than Crawley at home and I'm kind of dredging out the same old stats and that I have done whenever going against Crawley in this podcast. Crawley started the season very well, won the first couple of games, which then just puts you puts a bit more perspective on just how few points they've picked up since then. Wickham have lost three of the last thirty six matches in all competitions. They're the best away team in League One one nine draw four, lost two, so even better than Birmingham in terms of the points that they've taken away from home. Again similar to the Sheffield United one at Luton then just feels like second going to third bottom a team that's in really strong form against a team that is just poor. We're in danger of overthinking this as a selection. If it was one to two'd be like, oh, it's a bit short this one, but it's I've got it down from looking this morning as seventeen to twenty and I'm not looking at that thinking that's way too short. I'm thinking it's probably going to tend its way closer to one to two by kickoff. Mike Dodds's first game in charge was that technically nil nil draw at Preston in the FA Cup over nineteen minutes, which spoke there about Preston's superb home form that offers encouragement and I think I'm probably the same Jimmy. I'm leaning towards it's a big enough price just to take that little bit of a risk on it that we're still relatively unknown with the new manager, haven't we. But after Bloomfield's left they've still kept up the pace relatively of what they were doing anyway. It's not that they've had a massive drop off and suddenly it's all gone wrong. And like Warsaw, with losing Nathan Lowe up front, their results have dropped off significantly.
Speaker 2: The parents, aren't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah that is awful. We just opposed them. But it's a big enough price against a poor enough team. Athough, it feels like every time we said the poor Crawley though, they pull out a result to include it. And yeah, I'm not sure if it is case.
Speaker 3: I everythink we hear some other options, because I've just got some I can't justify it because when I did my notes, I've got kone to get goals this weekend. And Crawley against the big boys, they're crazy shootouts. They were actually decent attacking and they have these batshit crazy games.
Speaker 2: I was just looking.
Speaker 3: They've scored scored free against Stevenage. They scored three at Bolton, desperately unlucky not to get a result. They were that really weird quick free kick, weren't they. And I think he's a cracking bet and a cracking price, and I know I'm doing the exact thing of overthinking it. I just like to hear the other options because I'm sort of like sixty percent in.
Speaker 1: Before then what the other option? Get your cash out up on a cone? Because I saw that at the start of the post, and then we got a lot of it off track. I don't know whether he was humming an RN, but.
Speaker 2: No, I weren't. I weren't. I just I was just checking what it was because they ain't been offering it.
Speaker 1: Me, what what other options?
Speaker 2: A ton of it? Oh?
Speaker 1: So just look at this first Richard Cone eight one hundred and fifty one top goal scorer League one. Jimmy put twenty quid on that start of the season pound each way chess eighteen hundred quid. But he's being offered six thirty cash out. It's like a game show. This isn't it. You've got six thirty that's yours? Do you want to take it?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: It just reminded me Betfred I also had ronand Curtis. He was two hundred to one because I thought, dropping down in level is going to play left wing for one of the top sides. I won't be surprised if you at fifteen, I might get some each way each way money. Betford meant to clip him from two hundred two hundred and fifty two one hundred.
Speaker 2: He hasn't scored.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's scored a goal yet, but instead of clipping him to one hundred, they clicked himTo ten by accident. Offered me like one hundred and fifty cash out, so I took it.
Speaker 1: Jimmy admitting on the podcast that he has technically stolen money.
Speaker 2: No, no seller, beware, what is it?
Speaker 1: Whire beware? What does that need to get to for you to take the cash out?
Speaker 2: I'm not taking it at all.
Speaker 1: So never if he's gonna get my ladies and gentlemen in the autumn sixteen hundred quid and there's like two games to go in the season and he's level with someone, you wouldn't take it. Possibly, Yeah, if he does his knee like in Leman and Die last night, that was devastating. Was devastating when you have tips and.
Speaker 2: To score now.
Speaker 3: Crying crying's crying, Yeah, Fox a lot about doing that.
Speaker 2: Stop making a walk on it, comyack.
Speaker 1: It's a week. Every step is a week longer on the sideline. Peace, for the love of God, carry him off. I still want to hear these other I still want to hear these other sorry about it?
Speaker 3: Right, So I've got two serious ones and I've got two with no notes, just more than ivy ones. Stop put fight for Wigghim was a little bit uneasy how they do after Louis Barry's departure. But there's an argument to be made that they've got a more cohesive attack of unit without Barry, slightly one dimensional. Now they've got all the boys really light bait alongside Norward.
Speaker 2: They're pulling the strings.
Speaker 3: I'd be surprised if we can got a kick at all, to be honest with them to a midfield, wigging, patchy team. But I looked at the record against the big boys. You can get Stockport five to four. They've played for, they've lost for, they've scored none. They conceeded seven, which is pretty terrible. Stagport two nil team as well?
Speaker 2: My word? Can they win too?
Speaker 1: And ill Ons to nil across that road? But yes, but what a two nil? That crawling as well?
Speaker 3: Other serious option Swindon at Harrogate seven to five. Swindon are just a good team now and the Holloway does that happened? Nineteen games, twenty seven points. They've only lost six times across their last eight. Only Bradford have taken more points. They're absolutely flying and their only defeat across the last eleven game at nuts count your way obviously brilliant, brilliantly two sides.
Speaker 2: They won for the last five.
Speaker 3: Only issue is you're like this Holloway won the manager of the month last season? Did he last month dead? And don't they usually have a curse after their that?
Speaker 1: I looked at this ages ago and it's just a complete myth. But I was based on data from a couple of years ago. I've not revisited it since then. Everyone just usually wins after it because you're doing very well and that just continues.
Speaker 3: Oh and I've also got Harrogate have lost in the last five. It's being a pretty brutal schedule. But based on Swindon recently, they're one of the top sides in his.
Speaker 1: It just screams Draw bizarrely, for I can't logically work out why Swindon are so good. They don't make any sense, doesn't make any sense based on when he was arguing with the fans that it was that Bradford. I think it was Bradford away he was arguing with the fans. So I have absolutely no idea where the hell this turnaround has come from. We thought they were absolutely doomed, but they managed to sort themselves out. Vibe ones, I want the Vibe ones please.
Speaker 3: Stoke home to Swansea, living to eight.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that it just feels Draw had meant to be better.
Speaker 3: The other vibe is Shrewsbury thirty five.
Speaker 1: I love Street. Just keep just keep refusing to lie down, get relegated, just go down, get and they go. No, absolutely not. They Drew didn't they reading in midweek Shrewsbury are now three games unbeaten in the.
Speaker 2: Equal eyes as well. It's such a guy with gold what happened?
Speaker 1: Massive massive punt up the field? They're just not in the game. Or a couple of flick ons that just scrambling defense bag in from about four yards out.
Speaker 2: Do we want to go against Schumacher's wonderers?
Speaker 1: Though when you dick at three or down that was a bit lucky to turn it around. The only one there I could probably get on border would be Stockport at Wigan. I think in terms of price plays there's not as much uncertainty on it for me as there is at Wickham and we spoke about Laton audience, great form and how good they were, or Stockport with a team that turned up and beat them very recently. So to go to a Wigan team now at five to four certainly an eye catching price of those ones would be the ones the one I would say, so shrews shall we just what? Would have five four? Have Stockport and Shrewsbury. I'd be similar that we're going to be the only the only one I'd be close to it. I just I think that that thing back to them at home games is just freaking just long one now and they're absolutely shit at home. Four four six is their record across forty stopport. I like they were on a good run. I mean they're still are on a very good run. And obviously it was only stoppage time equalized that stopped them winning the midweek. But I like Wigan have done all season. Don't really like going against them, and if you did go against them, you'd have won a grand total of twelve times games. So the recent results just looking at them. So the Wigan Fulham game, I listened to that one because it was the main game on five Live at the weekend and I was driving and they played really well against Fulham. Made a really good fist of that game. I noticed the FA Cup you have like the one off game. Watch them live against Barnsy this season they were really good. I think they are a good team, so they're very capable of upsetting a good opponent. And then because the record against the top six is so the couple of matches before gets it's a drawing a defeat, and then you look at the matches before that, they won three the previous four and I know against against the top six. If we're just being really specific, I think in League One, not dissimilar to when we've talked about League Two in the last two or three weeks. If we're just saying the top six, I think we just got to be careful that because one one team a team that's in the top six now compared to the teams that were in the top six when they played them, and if we're going back do top.
Speaker 2: Four instead then because there's a bit of a cut off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it also argued well Reading they lost to they lost away Reading early season Reading, we're a top six team until Seller's obviously departed. If we go just back into into December and they get picking up pretty consistent results or making a fist of it. Burming they're a class apart. They lost three Hill at home to them, Wrexham squed a late winner to beat them to one. They won one lot Rotherham and that was the last time that Rotherham lost before they picked up They won two Nill at Bolton. They're a good team who were well capable of making a fist of it. The price, I would very much agree five to four is an inviting price, So I'm absolutely not saying that, Yeah that it's not a it's not a good price. The only other one that I had on my list was Stevenage to win at home to Peterborough. And it's a tricky one, the Stevenage because Ellen e r Line Darby a big time. Yeah, it's the train chat just odds against and they may have lost their last two they won the previous four, but they're a strong home team, only lost one of the last seven at home. And it's how bad Peterborough are away from home. So they've taken two points from the last twelve away matches. And it's I mean, Stevenage don't fall into that bracket of being as strong as a Stockport or a Wickham. So you're taking on that. It's whether there is enough there to get against Peterborough. So I wouldn't I know, it's not helpful. I think I'd have more confidence backing a good team over I wouldn't be an average team to be a bad team sort of thing. Won't be massive, massively fussed with any of these, any of these three. The Stockport prices is very good. I think that the them, they and Wickham will win. She would take Stockport Lear. If it's a bigger price and they put them both in, that's insane, Jimmy, well just.
Speaker 2: Out of interest. What would both of them be?
Speaker 1: Both of them, I'm going to tell you because it'd be twenty six is luckily on Sporting Life at twelve o'clock tomorrow. That will be the option for the bigger acker. We can have the actual acher Stockport and we can have Shrewsbury in the bit it's bankrupt sky, I think we should settle on Stockport as a fourfold What does that give us that if we have the following aca of Aston Villa to beat Ipswich, Sheffield United to beat Luton, Lighton Orient to beat Lincoln and Stockport to beat Wigan, the acha is above fourteen to one.
Speaker 2: Love it. It's nice since a nice.
Speaker 1: Tasty little price. Turn that as our four teams then to win on this week's Acher. As we said there, we are taking Aston Villa, Sheffield United, Leighton, Orient and Stockport. Remember to keep it fun. Never met Moike, go forward and please gamble responsibly as Joe T's their head. Over sporting life dot com fortash Football midday on Friday, you'll be able to find the link to back that at enhanced price. Will also have the longer shot as well, which I'm pretty confident, which will feature at least Wickham talking back to I'm pretty confident we'll win pretty good well. As we said, you know, the midweeker we had the ten to one winner. The fifty to one was it denied by a very very late equalizer, So make sure you check those out to see what teams are including in the longer one, and I will plug Ramoa following and rating us because we're actually on a decent run of form at the moment. So while everyone's being nice, follow rate us on Apple Podcast, Spotify or your chosen podcast provider, and we'll try a little other bits as well. Caught it with Ryan Sparks, the Bradford chief executive last week when we're at Bradford, what it's like to be the chief executive of an EFL club. We talk transfer windows, managerial appointments, all of that. Thing's really interesting stuff that's on the YouTube channel, so check that out as well. We'll be back hopefully things crossed. The good run continues next week.