Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray WBZ Costs Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, damn. As we move into the ten o'clock hour here in a Monday night, Boy, it seems like I'm going to have a really lousy week, rain and cold. I was watching some of the weather forecasts tonight. Might welcome on Channel five and I'll tell you he was saying, like on Thursday on northeaster, and it was going to have temperatures in the fifties. Maybe in some places, wouldn't get out of the forties. This is May anyway, that's New England. I guess at some point you would think that the weather will turn for us and turn in a better direction. I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. Okay, there was an interesting and very interesting Supreme Court decision that came down today. President Trump, all of his various executive orders and efforts to change the direction of the country have been challenged in court, and generally you have this scenario of this situation where a single federal district court judge, often appointed sometimes appointed by Donald Trump, but very often appointed by the President Biden of President Obama. Rayve in some cases President Clinton. Some of them going back that who are on the bench for a long time. So there's a program that's called temporary protected status, and that program basically says to people from certain countries, Hey, you're going to get protected status here in America because it may be too dangerous for you to return home. Now you can return home if you want, but of course most people here are going to want to stay here. A federal judge in San Francisco, who I believe, if I'm not mistaken, was appointed by President Biden. He basically said, no, wait a second, the president cannot end temporary protected status, even though when you think about the name temporary protected status. The first word reading from the New York Times report written by Adam Liptac and Abby Vin Sickle the Supreme Court on Monday, meaning today, let the Trump administration for now remove protections from nearly three hundred and fifty thousand Venezuelan immigrants who had been allowed to remain in the United States without risk of deportation under a program called temporary protected status. This brief order was unsigned. There was not a written opinion with it, but basically, because it's an emergency application, the vote is we can't be sure of the vote. We know that although no vote count was listed, only one. Justice, Katanji Brown Jackson, noted that she would deny the administration's request, which was to overturn the order of the federal judge in San Francisco, and his order had been upheld by the Ninth Circuit. So the justices announced that they will allow the Trump administration to end the protections pending appeal of the case. So the case will be heard, but in the meantime, as long as the temporary Protected Status has been vacated, this will allow the administration to move ahead with deportations. But the justices also said that they would preserve the ability, meaning disorder from the court preserve the ability of individual immigrants to bring some legal challenges if the government tried to cancel their work permits or to remove them from the from the country. So it's a little bit more complicated, but it is a big victory at least in the short term by for the Trump administration. The Temporary Protected Status program, enacted by Congress and signed into law by President George H. W. Bush, allow migrants from nations that have experienced national disasters, armed conflicts, or other extraordinary instabilities to live and work legally in the US. I think that the times might mean have experienced natural disasters, not national disasters, but natural disasters. Would we could use that as a synonym Trump. Mister Trump had tried to end protection under the program as he seek to make good in his campaign promise to deport millions of immigrants. His efforts aim to terminate protections for nearly three hundred and fifty thousand people in early April and for hundreds of thousands more later this year. So that is an interesting ruling by the US Supreme Court today. And I think that I would like to talk a little bit about the shift of political wins in this country and that President Trump is just returned from what would appear to be a successful trip to the Middle East, Saudi Arabia, uaa Qatar, Cutter and that seems to have gone pretty well. The announcement that President former President Biden sadly is now dealing with a serious diagnosis cancer. They have this lease and scale from one to ten, ten being the least serious and ten being the most serious, and he's nine on the gleas and scale. President Trump and his wife issued a very heartfelt best wishes to not only former President Biden, but to his wife. So all of a sudden, the political wins seem to have begun to at least blow in the direction of President Trump. Obviously, the stock market has recovered the losses that were arguably inflicted by President Trump when he imposed the tariffs in April, and it just seems things are beginning to go in his direct politically. I know that gasoline prices are down, although they could be up in your local gas station, could be up a couple of cents. One of my listeners today sent me an email to that effect, But they are certainly down substantially from where they were. Oil prices remained down all of these things. So what I'd like to do is get your reaction to the Supreme Court decision. Are you vexed by this? Do you feel that this is going to give the president license to deport more people, including obviously members of that group that has been characterized as a terrorist group from Venezuela Trende to Agua. That does not mean that every Venezuelan who is in this country is a terrorist, and I want to emphasize that, but it certainly might make it easier for the president to deport some of the worst of the worst, people who are here not to find a better life in the traditional sense, but are here to re establish themselves as a group here. Basically, we have enough organized crime in America of various different types. We don't need more. We don't need to open our borders. The borders are now closed, which is another thing that I think President Trump it will benefit by. That's the one issue I think that he is. He gets the highest marks from folks across the board, So I just want to open it up. It's not open lines, but I just love to know if you agree or disagree things seem to be settling down. I'd love to know if you perceive that or if you think I'm totally wrong. I know that there's a good number of people in my audience who will ever applaud Donald Trump virtually everything. And I know that there are some people in my audience who will applaud him no matter what I might say. But I just want to get a sense. And if you are a Trump voter and you're pretty happy right now, I can understand that. If you're somebody who voted for him reluctantly and am surprised to disappointed, love to hear from you. And if you're a Biden voter, if you are steadfast in your belief that he is a clear and present danger, feel free. If, on the other hand, you feel that well, maybe some of his ideas are working out better than you expected, they feel free to join the conversation. Six seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. One of the things I try to pride myself here on each side is to emphasize to all of you that whatever your point of view is, I want to hear it. We can have a conversation and we can be a polite between ourselves, and we can agree to disagree or we can agree to agree. It doesn't matter. I want as many people listening to this program of all political viewpoints, of all ages, of every possible stripe that you can imagine. And I would ask all of you to tell your friends about Nightside. I mean, many people sit in front of televisions during the time that I'm on the air, and they just they enjoy I guess sitting in an echo chamber. Please. I don't think anyone will find this as an echo chamber because there will be some things that I agree upon, some that you will agree with me upon, some that you will disagree. That's what this is about. The whole idea here is to make me think a little more and to make you think a little more. It's what I believe. It's what we have tried to do with this for the first eighteen years, and what we will always try to do with this program. I have my viewpoints, you have yours. I'm small enough to know that I might not be right on everything or correct on everything. I'm always willing to listen to arguments in either direction as long as it's an argument. Had a conversation, not necessarily looking for speeches. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Take a real quick break, coming right back on Nightside. Feel free to join the conversation back right after this. You're on night Side with Dan Ray.
Speaker 1: I'mn Youbzy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what people have to say, Let's see what people have to think and again. Uh, if you've never called the show before one, join the conversation. Jump in the pool. The water's final Let me go to Lauren and Plymouth. Hey, Lauren, how are you tonight? Welcome?
Speaker 3: Hi Dan?
Speaker 2: Hey? What's going on down in Plymouth?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, well, it's getting busy because it's tour season. I'm actually here just for the summer seasonally. I'm a street vendor.
Speaker 2: Oh really, So where do you spend? Where do you spend the winters? Are you from New England?
Speaker 3: I am. I'm actually born and raised Ashland, mass and then I lived I rented a big house in Lhington for a while, and then Milford ten years now I'm in Uxbridge.
Speaker 2: Whoa all right? Moving around there? All right? So so you down there as a street vendor?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is do you work for some company or is this your own your own side hustle.
Speaker 3: I have a license, I have the I have the I have the vending license to do it.
Speaker 2: Really, okay? What what? What? What are your wears? So in case somebody sees you, they can they can tell you I heard you on night side bright colors, bright colors?
Speaker 1: Okay, with your name.
Speaker 3: With your name on the front, with your radio station. I just texted everybody I knew to tune in.
Speaker 1: So this is well, this is.
Speaker 3: So unlike me to call. But you know, you really struck a chord with a few things.
Speaker 1: That you said.
Speaker 2: Well, go ahead, I'm all ears. I'd love to hear you. They've called before, right, I seem to remember you from before, maybe maybe the super.
Speaker 3: I think I may have called many many years ago, maybe a decade or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you got to combine more often. Go ahead, I'm listening. I want to hear what you got to say.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thanks Dan, I really enjoy your show, and I consider myself an independent. I don't even know if there's a name for where I you know, I think most Americans are lean on both sides now because you know, politically, the world is just so confused and screwed up. I like some of the things that Trump does, and you know, some of the things that he does, I don't like it all goes from the Democrats with this immigrant Yeah go ahead, No, I said, I'm very.
Speaker 2: Much where you are at this point. You want to call me an independent, unenrolled or whatever, I'm right, I mean registered, you know, as un enrolled voter in Massachusetts, I can vote in whatever direction I want. I feel loyalty to any party because anybody any party has a loyalty to me. Go I'm listening. I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 3: You know it's really it's really upsetting and disappointing. I have a teenage daughter at home, and I'm a renter and I rent because you know, I do do a lot of traveling around the country during different tours and seasons, depending upon what state it is. I'm forty five years old, and I got to tell you this whole immigration thing, and it's it's really really screwed up the housing situation. What's happening is Americans like myself, middle class Americans who are hard working, who have two jobs, raising kids, we're suffering because the market it's you know, they're they're jacking up the prices so high because what's happening is they don't want harder and money. And I don't know how this is going to sound to some of the viewers, but the Section eight and then this and then that, and the and the benefits that these people get. What's happening is, you know, the landlords, they want that money. It's guaranteed they're paying more. Section eight offers a higher higher amount than what they were typically charging prior. And I love people I consider myself a liberal leaving liberal. I have a deep sympathy and empathy for every country and person that lives on this planet, and I wish we could save them all. And I believe we could if all the billionaires got together and donated some of their money. I really do believe that we could make a massive impact on hunger and many other things. But getting back to the topic, you know, the one thing I do think that most Americans can agree on is that it's time to start deporting. And I hate that word, but I just think that this is not the time for us to be housing people when our own people who live here, the citizens who have lived here for generations, we can't even find housing and afford it without working two three jobs. We're suffering.
Speaker 2: I think you represent a viewpoint that a lot of people hold. We have veterans who have fought for this country in far flung parts of the world who come home and there's very little help for them. And you're right.
Speaker 3: When you know it makes me want to cry because I want to save them all. I mean, you know something, if we had the housing and we had enough funding to help the citizens and bring them in, I would be so all for it.
Speaker 2: I would, I would, I would do the other the other thing, and I'll just try to clarify one thing, and that is that I think that we do need people to come into this country. Every year. We only naturalize about about a million people a year, and we're a country of three hundred million people. However, and I think you might agree with me on this, I want to know who's coming in the country. I want to know what their background is, and I want to know what skill set they bring to the country. I don't know if they're if they're doctors, nurses, which we vitally need, or if they're people are street well we we are, okay, but that's fine. But what it is you know, someone who picks vegetables or fruit. I mean, they're critically important as well, but we got to know who they are. We have allowed open borders, rapists, child molesters, murderers, they're Americans who had died or whose children died, or who have been raped or have been molested. I mean, there's some bad people that came across the border. We had probably twenty million people come across the border in the last few years. And it's all well and good to say, oh, we're the most generous people in the world, and the Statue of Liberty and all of the h but.
Speaker 3: I tell us groups that are reasonable, we don't have the staff and to do that, we don't have the times.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is when people came into Ellis Island, remember this, they were checked meetically, and if they had some form of communical disease like tuberculosis, they were turned away. They were turned away. We have no idea who's coming across the border in the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: And by the way, they were working in numbers that were far less.
Speaker 1: Of course, you know these numbers that.
Speaker 3: We're working with today. We don't even have the time. In the twenty four hours a day, I mean, our staff that worked the borders, they wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Able to sleep, no question. And the other thing that I think is just so important is that it's easy to say, oh, come one, come on, but we can't deal with that. We have to take care of our senior citizens. We have to take care of people who happen to have been fortunate enough to have been born here in American citizens. We have to take care of people with disabilities. We have a big family, a big American family. We can bring more people in, but we got to know who they are and what their purpose isn't coming here, And that's not too much to ask. If I'm going to have a big party at my house or you're going to have a big party at your house, you want to know who I am. You want to make sure that that you don't put hang out a sign party at Lawrence because people will call up, come and show up for the wrong reasons. Lauren, I love you. Call I'm at ten thirty and I got to go to.
Speaker 1: Right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Ans to the viewers.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, if you're raising children, especially young teens, take them out to the cities, take them to the areas where there's homeless people, and have your children hand out little bags with socks, a five dollars bill, one dollar bill, a care bag. Let the kids see what's happening in this country with a homeless situation. Get them involved. And that said, Dan Ray, have a good night, all.
Speaker 2: Right, come on back soon, Okay, I want to next time I'm in Plymouth, I'm going to look for you. It's a street vender.
Speaker 3: Thanks, all right, even discount sales.
Speaker 2: Bye, good night only line open six one, seven, four, ten thirty. Uh is the political atmosphere of moving in the direction the winds of change now blowing in the direction of Donald Trump. Uh. It seems to me, and I'm just talking as a political observer, it's like I'm watching a baseball game, and it looks to me as if he's putting some points on the score word board. Joined the conversation back on night Side right after this, I got Mike and Peter coming up, and I got some room for you. Okay, we got full lines. Let's go to Mike and Beverly. Mike next to Nightside, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey, indeed, Hammy.
Speaker 2: I can hear you. Fine, where are you sounding. You're in the top of Mount Washington. I can hear you. Find Mike, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: No, I just think the finally the Trump agenda is working its way through. When the Democrat speak out has been overturned by the Supine burd you know a lot of sort of stuff that the Democrats are freaking out about as the Supine Court has overturned and and made it the right way on a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, well, it's kind of a mixed bag from the Supreme Court at this point. The ruling today on a short term basis gives him some flexibility on how to deal with Venezuelan's who were here under temporary protected status. Again, and it's temporary protected status, it's not forever protected status. There will be other decisions that come down. But you just get a sense that maybe maybe the political winds are shifting somewhat in terms of In early April, when he came down with Liberation Day and the and the stock market tank, I mean, it looked as if he had made a huge mistake. Now he is backed off that a little bit, but at least he had the sense to do that. I think he had a successful trip to the Middle East. He had a two hour conversation with Vladimir Putin today. I think Putin is going to be a tough nut to crack in terms of the Ukraine. But if he ever can get Putin to back off Ukraine, there's a lot. There's a lot going on in the White House right now.
Speaker 6: Oh, I get it. I mean that's the big thing too. He get that reconciliation bill pass this week. The Markt's gonna go through the room. Yes, I think his ns should be if he gets that bill passed, he should be MP cannidate. By getting that that bill passed through the House.
Speaker 1: Is in it.
Speaker 2: Well, I would just say this to you, don't take that one for granted. I mean, it lost a committee vote on Friday night and there were four Republicans who voted with the Democrats against that. So yeah, I'm just I'm not saying that that the game is over here. I'm just saying that that if I was a baseball announcement, and if we were in the second or third inning, you'd say, gee, that team is doing a little bit better than maybe expected. That's all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But they worked all weekend and those those people voted President on Novo so at passed last night.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're accurate, You're you're accurate. It got out of committee. But you know, but you have different factions there. You got some of the uh some of the northern Republicans in New York State and they're in the high tax states. They want to want to lift the amount of money that that people can can take his federal tax deductions. You have others who think that, uh, it needs to be tougher on this. It's it's what do they say watching watching laws passes like watching sausages made it's better to all right, well, Mike, I I think we're in agreement that that, as of now, at least, maybe the winds are blowing in his direction. But we'll say sometimes political winds change. Thanks, Mike, appreciate you calling. Thanks, we're going you two. Let me go next to uh Bob in Rhode Island. Bob, you were next on nightside.
Speaker 7: Welcome, good Dan. I'm glad to be the next one. You think Trump is winning the court battles? Now, I think I don't know where you get that impression.
Speaker 2: Watch. We'll just you know, read if you get the chance to. Do you get the New York Times? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I can read. I can read, buddy.
Speaker 2: I just want to I know if you've got the New York Times down there, there's an interesting article.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: No, I don't invest in three four douse five dollars for a newspaper.
Speaker 2: So what what newspapers do you rely on down there, Providence journal.
Speaker 7: I rely on people like you and the WPR a lot a.
Speaker 2: Lot of Well, I just was explaining that today the Supreme Court is a court. I'll reach you the headline from the time Supreme Court lets Trump lift deportation protections for Venezuelans. Basically, the the Court today are by an eight to one vote, basically allowed the Trump administration to remove protections for nearly three hundred and fifty thousand Venezuelan immigrants who had been allowed to stay in the US without risk of deportation under that program known as Temporary Protected Status. And it was It's a it's one small positive from Donald Trump's perspective. I know that you're not a big Trump fan, and I respect.
Speaker 1: That you're right.
Speaker 7: You're right, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I know my call is pretty well and I appreciate the fact that you're willing to engage.
Speaker 7: I listened to you. I listened to you, Dan.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, and I appreciate the fact that you take the time to call you. Don't you feel that he's still fighting an uphill battle, I assume is what you. I hope, so, okay, I understand that.
Speaker 7: Well. I got one more thing, if you don't mind, absolutely, how about Ellis Island. My grandparents came through the Ellis Island. I you just saying there was a They were running a great scrutiny back in the nineteen hundreds of nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the early nineteen hundreds when Ellis Island was the port of entry. If people came here, particularly with tuberculosis, they were turned away. I mean it probably was pretty considered by today's standards, pretty cruel. But here's what I'm saying, and maybe I can reach a little point of agreement with you. Just beer with me for second.
Speaker 7: I'll bear with you.
Speaker 2: You know that we we basically naturalize about a million people, a little less than a million people every year as new US citizens. Okay, that's the number. Trust me. Okay, I think we could increase that number, double it or triple it because we have a birth rate in this country which is quite low. It does it's not even at the replacement level. Okay, they say that, you know, the birth rate should be two point one in order to replace you know, a generation, a generation.
Speaker 7: Are you really worried about the birth rate? Yeah, the world I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you. I don't know how old you are. I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: Are you close to seventy five?
Speaker 2: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 7: Well, baby boom, I'm a baby boomer, like myself.
Speaker 2: We're both baby boomers. Okay, one of the things baby boomers should be concerned about, Bob, is our social Security payments and where there are fewer people work in these days. We need more people working and we need generations coming along. But I don't want to get distracted to what I was trying to say.
Speaker 7: Beause there's one more thing I want.
Speaker 2: Hold on. Let me finish my thought, because I think you might agree with me, believe it or not. I suggest that we should allow two or three million people to commit the country legally every year. Would you agree with.
Speaker 7: Me a lot?
Speaker 2: And here's the only caveat that I would put on that. I want to make sure we know who the people are, what their background is, and why they're coming here. So if we need doctors and nurses, which I think we do, and they're coming here from anywhere in the world, and they're qualified and they're good people, head of the line, head of the line, if we need people, do you agree with me? That's all I'm mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it sounds good.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 2: Good, That's all I'm saying. And if if we need people.
Speaker 7: To tell me one more thing I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna cut you off.
Speaker 7: I just want one other questions.
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, good, we're having We're having a good conversation. And if there are people, if we need people to pick fruit or vegetables, let them go to the head of the line as well. We need to have It's like if you have a party at your house, Bob, you just don't open the doors and let everybody in Rhode Island in. You want people to commit who you know? That's all I'm saying. Go ahead. You wanted to meet another point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, go ahead. The saying was back and then give me a poor downtrodden. I think there was a famous saying give me your poor brown trodden.
Speaker 2: That's what the statue to you.
Speaker 7: In the United States of America. I don't think they're doing that anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm suggesting, as you just agreed with me, I think we invite more.
Speaker 7: I agree with you, But I had this thing, I think, can't you agree with me? Is Trump doing that good a job?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: How was there I have that much problems? In nineteen hundreds when Ellis Island and Trump wasn't even alive, they.
Speaker 2: Off Ellis Island was was look, Ellis Island. That's probably where most people's four beers came into the country. I'm agreeing with you, let me agree with you. But what I'm saying is they screened people and if people came in and they were you know, they had again communicable diseases, they were turned away. Okay, and you know that was cruel.
Speaker 7: Joe Biden didn't do that. Joe Biden didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden wasn't born. He wasn't born until nineteen forty two.
Speaker 7: It was born eight years ago or four years ago.
Speaker 2: He was born in nineteen forty two November, now I.
Speaker 7: Know, and he was pleasant it until January.
Speaker 2: Oh good, well, thank you very much. I appreciate that information as well. Bob was a very conversation. Have a great night. We'll be back on Nightside right after the break.
Speaker 7: It's Night Side with Dan Ray Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Matt and Florida next day. Matt, welcome next to the Nightside. How are you.
Speaker 1: Come back to follow?
Speaker 5: I got one guy calling from a laundry machine, a Washington machine, and then and then the next guy who thinks Joe Biden was a good president. Again, I got a question. I'm in Florida, but I always get like Boston News on it on my phone. Yes, and my my, heally's taking credit for shutting down all the home all the migrant shelters.
Speaker 2: I don't know in the hell, I don't know if she's taking credit, but I'll tell you this, Yeah, yeah, she's shutting him down.
Speaker 1: She was legitimate. I used to think she was a legitimate politician, like a smart person.
Speaker 5: Is she?
Speaker 1: Are there anything as such thing as an honest politician? I mean, I give me one person with any kind of credibility. It's just insane to me. It's is there anyone?
Speaker 2: I think that there was some. I think there were there were there are some. And I think with with Heally, I think that you and I probably disagree with some of the things she's done. And I think that that she she's sensing the political wins in Massachusetts. She's a pretty good politician in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Master she's at the Celtics games.
Speaker 5: Half of her time spent at the Celtics games bragging about how she played basketball in college, and then the other half is just taking credit.
Speaker 1: For stuff that she was one hundred percent against. Two weeks ago. It's hilarious. It's just it modulate.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's getting ready for re elections. She realized that this is an issue that she needs to she needs to change direction on. That's what politicians are.
Speaker 1: The reason the reason the migrant shelters a clothing is because Ice is up there shipping everyone off. I mean, give me a freaking break. It's unbelievable. I just I had to call on that. It's just hilarious to me. But uh yeah, that's all I had. Thanks for a look.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Hey, let me ask you. You've never told me this guy, how old are you?
Speaker 1: I just turned forty. I mean, listen to me for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Do me a favor, Do me a favor. Tell all your friends in Florida. I want to get more listeners like Matt who are in their thirties and forties.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's seriously. I love all my listeners. But you know, look, I I don't know you know how. I think it's great when I hear from young people. I thought that Lawrence Call was great in the first the first all tonight, you know, and I just appreciate you as a call.
Speaker 1: You know that I'm not so young anymore. I used to think I was, and now I'm not. I'm getting into that older generation at this.
Speaker 2: Point, but I'm forty years old. You're small enough to know what the value of things are at this point. Thanks Buddy. The Doug.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of like what you said once. It's kind of like what you said once. And you know, I used to think I was some pretentious, you know, a twenty year old when I first started calling you, And that whole phrase really is true. If you're not a.
Speaker 5: Liberal when you're young, you have no soul.
Speaker 1: And if you're not a little more conservative, you know twenty years later, you have no brain. It's really the truth. I mean, it really is.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tom, Thanks Matt Love the call man. Be Well, okay, you got some nice weather down there. We got some miserable weather coming up this week. Ken is in Waldam. Hey, Ken, welcome back.
Speaker 1: How are you great?
Speaker 4: How are you Dan?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great. I love to get your perspective of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the first, you know, I did want to talk about gas prices, and simply my message to you today was they have not they're certainly way.
Speaker 1: Down from last year, but they're.
Speaker 4: Actually up a couple of pennies nationwide since Trump took office. And it just seems like.
Speaker 2: The only thing I'd say to you it and I'm so glad you're called is that one. There is always a little bit of a bump in May because of the different types of gas that are used in the summer for the so called summer driving season. But you know, I think it's a legitimate point you made, and I'm comfortable I paid I paid two eighty nine to night.
Speaker 4: What are you paying in wealtham Yep, same amount they're down in New England, no question down in New England.
Speaker 2: But right, and of course we tend to be on the wrong, the wrong end of the pipeline up here. Ken. You know, we got a lot, we got great great spring weather, right right right, and you know the Celtics are going to win band in nineteen maybe not this year. But you know, all of you are saying we get the short end of the stick in terms of generally. But you know, let's see, I mean, it's a good thing. I don't care who's president. If if I pay less for gas, that's it for me. That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question.
Speaker 4: And my only other part of the message I just gave an example was in the Salt Lake City it was it was to ninety on January twenty after. Now they're paying like three twenty five.
Speaker 2: Well, now what my heart, my heart's breaking for cultics. But give it a between them paying three and a quarter, are you and me paying three and a quarter? I'm gonna give it to them. I'm sorry I need to.
Speaker 4: Be a jerk, but no, no, I guess my only point too, or another point was I mean, I don't think the Trump administration has anything to do with any of these changes at the moment.
Speaker 2: It's as long as they're good, right. Second, hold on, do you know what the price of oil is today?
Speaker 1: Oh? How much for a barrel? You mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like sixty two bucks.
Speaker 1: I don't Actually, it's.
Speaker 2: About sixty two bucks a barrow. Uh, there were times in the past when it's been as high as hundred and fifty. I hope it goes to fifty a barrel, you know, And just because I think it's going to be good for the economy, it's good for you and me. We save a few bucks, But in a larger scale, it means more people are going to work, that's all. And I don't really care who on who's on who's watch that happens. I got to be honest with you, I'm not rooting for high gas prices. When Joe Biden was president, I was for low gas prices.
Speaker 4: Right, let's see what and hopefully for the rate for the right reasons, right, because they did get down to one eighty or so when during Trump's first terms. But but at that point, the streets were empty, right, I mean the highways were empty.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, yes, you're right, you're right, And that was when when COVID first hit. You're right, and and that was a huge factor. That was an anomaly. But I don't think they're going to get to one to eighty again. But boy, if we could get him down to fifty or so, you know, across the country or I think would it would help the economy, It would help unemployment, it would be a positive. And that's all I'm saying. And you're a fair guy, so and I'm a fair guy. If they go back up to four dollars a gallon, you know, in September, I'm going to be on here saying what's happening what's going on here? Why is it going up? I don't know. I mean, if we can get if Trump can can somehow get this knucklehead Putin to stop throwing missiles in a Ukraine, I'll give him credit for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I wasn't going to go down that route, but it.
Speaker 4: I do think Trump's doing everything wrong there.
Speaker 2: And well he's got him talking. I mean, I don't know, can you know. I mean, let's see what happens. Okay, let's see if all of a sudden tomorrow morning Putin decides to throw a nuke in on Kiev. I got to agree with you, but let's see ye back in the when you and I were both a little younger, give piece of chance. Let's give piece of chance.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the so let me. I wanted to get one other you.
Speaker 2: I'll hold you through the news here one other thing. But they're going to wait the other side of the news. Come back to you right after the news, coming back right after the eleven