Speaker 1: Time for law and disorder.
Speaker 2: I demand a lawyer with Attorney Jeff Kaufman on one oh one one W JR oh.
Speaker 3: We are Orlando's rock station. The Law and Disorder with Attorney Jeff Kaufman, a partner from Kaufman and Lynd personal injury firm here in Central Florida. If you or someone you know has been injured slip and fall accidents of any sort or nature, and you're going you get a rough situation here, maybe I should reach out for some legal advice. Jeff is a good sounding board. He'll be the first one to tell you if you do or don't in some cases need a legal representative because you're not there to, you know, go to bat for someone who really might not necessarily need that expense, but if they do.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Jeff at when you need US dot Com is his direct email. That's Jeff at when you need US dot Com.
Speaker 4: Or you can do.
Speaker 2: Pound five four six on your cell phone or for zero seven five hundred Jeff, Hello Jeff.
Speaker 1: How you guys doing this? It's such a pleasure to be around you, upstanding gentlemen.
Speaker 4: I love the four h seven for zero seven five hundred.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Yeah, Craig was like, where's my number, I said the top partner.
Speaker 3: It just costed, Jeff, I have something for you before we dive in here with some of these listener questions, I know you will appreciate this headline this out of Taiwan, twenty year old man takes own mother to court for throwing away his comic collection. The sixty four year old woman from chai Chi City landed in hot water after throwing away her son's thirty two volume Attack on Titan collection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty one volumes. I wonder how many actual books that is.
Speaker 3: Said that some of them are. I don't know what Attack on Titan is or any of that, but some of the volumes are no longer in print and can be considered collector's items.
Speaker 1: Well, most of those books aren't in print anymore.
Speaker 3: Mom argued that some of the volumes were damp and they were taking up so much room, so throwing them away out of her home was justified. However, Yeah, she expressed desire to reconcile your son, but he was unwilling to talk to her. He still took her to court, where the judge found for the sun in the amount of five thousand Taiwanese dollars, which is about one hundred and sixty bucks.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you feel horrible suing your mom for that? I think the judge gave her one hundred and sixty bucks because he was like, stop it gave then he guys, listen, it's one hundred and sixty dollars, you know, just to stick it in his eye. Oh, this is so collectible. One hundred and sixty bucks. I never sounds like so much more. It's abandonment when you leave product like that. It's like when you leave stuff at your roommate's place or somebody else has and you leave for a period of time. It's an abandonment. He was living with her, It was her place mate, she who owned the house. She seems like sixty one. It was her place, you know what. Promptly kick his little ass out when you get back home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good, here's one hundred and sixty bucks. Go move out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never told Kaufman this story about my grandpa. You know Tales from the Crypt. Yeah, my grandpa was a lawyer and rented a few places out to tenants. One of them was the person who wrote Tales for the Crypt, and my dad and uncle were cleaning out the house and the h and the basement and everything, boxes of original and drawings and stuff, and didn't keep it.
Speaker 1: Well, drawings are serious, I know now, the original books themselves. You know, through a lot of people when they have old comic books, they always think, oh I got I got money, unless they are really first appearances of a character or first editions. I mean we're talking like good ones. They were the crypt Keeper and stuff like that. I'm just telling you crypt it doesn't hold, you know, like spider Man, hole Batman, whole Tales from the Crypt. Not someone really, but the original artwork, yes.
Speaker 3: The twin story on him. He might be impressed by that. What's their original artwork? That stuff? But I'll make It'll make my dad feel better that they threw it out. Oh the twinkies, yeah, I know the guy who are you sure you know what that word means?
Speaker 4: What twinkies?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, my father is another term for that's other than the cake product. I'm talking about some kind of kinky twinkie. I'm talking about the little hostess twinkie things. Yeah, his zombies. What are the neighbors or a tenant? George Coshati. Remember Pat invented the filling for twins? Didn't you find that out? Wasn't exactly the case. I think it might have been ding dogs or something else. The things I know, there's another meaning for anything from Sarah Lee. He was the dude, all right, and he's co opted the story. Though it's not for years. It's it's always a fun one to changes.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: They went from twinkies to double dogs, right. You should tell I was a big kid. I knew all those.
Speaker 2: If I have nothing to leave anyone but debt, should I still have a will?
Speaker 3: No money?
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, because you have general items that your family's going to come out of the woodwork and want. They're gonna want little pieces of jewelry and your microwave and your refrigerator and stupid things like that. So if you do not take care of it. In fact, there's a free will on my website. Free that means we don't charge you. There's a video. All you have to just fill it out fall the instructions. Just give your general possessions away to a specific person. You know, don't don't screw around because people are going to come in your house. It's going to be like an invading ants. Trust me on this way.
Speaker 3: It just prevents anything from getting locked up and locked up in court. There's nothing long.
Speaker 1: He has less than three nobody's paying three thousand dollars for the estate. But you will have relatives, hate each other, your children, your axes, whatever. Just do the right thing. It takes a whopping twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Man, we've all seen it. Yep, tails from the cript stuff. Think about that? Would a fight that would have been now if they're still around.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it discrimination of a company if they try or if a company, sorry, tries to pass a no tattoo policy. When I was hired three years ago, I was asked if I needed to cover my I asked if I needed to cover my tattoos. They said no, it was fine. Now they're trying to make a no tattoo policy.
Speaker 1: Okay. Discrimination is based on a couple of things, and tattoos are not one of them. And they're classes, and having a tattoo is not a protected class. Classes are like being black Jewish from Ecuador, things like that. You're not protected because you have tattoos. Uh. The issue is always going to be this. You're in the state of Florida. It's a right to work state. They can dump you whenever they want to. They don't need cause they can say, listen, we just don't like your face. As long as they say we don't like your brown face, you know what I'm trying to tell you. Oh yeah, if they say that, or even gay or exactly, sexual orientation is protected now or a constitution, or straight for that matter, you're too straight, Well that's sexual orientation, I know. Well, what if somebody shoots themselves? Wow? Hold on, wow, we got dark fast. But from tattoos to suicide?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, mistakenly shot himself, not suicide, just hear it out, mistakenly. What if somebody shoots himself then runs through your property and does damage to your property? Can you get his insurance to pay for the damages to the property he ended up?
Speaker 1: Well, his homeowners insurance only applies to his property. So I'm trying to figure out what insurance are you talking about? I think when they do damage. Now, here's the thing. When people say, well, it was a murdery situation. That's why I had to go on your property. Yes, you will not be arrested for illegal trespassing as far as a crime goes, but you can be held responsible for any damages you cause. So he's dead now, well i'm talking about his You know, he might have an estate, he might have stuff, but very rarely does an insurance policy cover you outside your car unless he drove his car through you know, his way.
Speaker 4: So you might get the microwad that you spoke about with the last one.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not paying three thousand dollars to get a microwaid. It's a twelve hundred want one flamethrower, the one that doesn't mike popcorn de frosts. There's a covered parking for some people and not for others. Oh, they so hate you, they just hate you. Some park under trees for shade. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Berries work said, Oh yeah, that's the that's the bird and camphor burries. To get drunk off those and then kill your paint.
Speaker 1: And it's.
Speaker 2: Work said, if a branch falls on it, it's not their fault, even though it's on their property.
Speaker 1: Is it their fault? Well, you have active god issues. If the if the tree is dead and you know it's dead, but if the branch just falls for the hell of it, that's that's that's an act of God. But you know, don't park under trees. I know the idea you want you you want to keep your car cool and everything else. Get advisor. Just thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jeff, I know you know entertainment.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's do this.
Speaker 2: So it says, mister Kaufman, have you heard of the Phoenix Right Ace Attorney series? If so, do you think it's events would fly in.
Speaker 4: A real courtroom?
Speaker 1: As hell?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 4: It's like a TV show or something. I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let me explain what reality television is. It isn't reality. What they do is they be I've been on these sets. They actually tried to shoot a show about our firm a long time ago. They walk in your office and they say, hey, we're starting the day to day. You got anybody you're mad at right now? And then you got anybody you can yell at, and you're going, well, yeah, my it. Guy screwed a brain in and then you put on this thing and it is the exact opposite. And if you ever want to think about reality television, go watch till the end where they show the credits and see how many scriptwriters are on the reality TV show. So why do you need scriptwriters if it's reality.
Speaker 2: See look that's what this one is. It's like a cartoon, comic cartoon kind of thing. Yeah, yeah, no, don't trust us. Also, every state is different. A lot of times they give you the law and at the end of it it says, do not trust us. Go to go talk, get legal advice, and that's what that's what you should do.
Speaker 1: I mean a situation like this where TV and don't trust TV unless it is my cousin Vidian, which was a fantastic movie and it really was applicable to the law.
Speaker 4: That was a hell of a movie. I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: We have time for another, right pattern, Yeah, squeeze another one. I got a question for Kaufman. How can I set up my home and possessions to go to my kid without the government getting their cut? The government like the the website just you know, the government doesn't get it's cut unless you owe them money or you're putting away like a couple million. I mean the fact that I think that I forgot what the limit is. It's around five to nine. Now go online.
Speaker 1: See that what you can pass without estate taxes? You don't maybe you do have five to eight million dollars. If you have blow that you should be fine. I think it's five and I can look up to like sixteen. Case Attorney is a game, not a show. Sorry, Okay, if I if I actually saw it, I would get you cried out of just reading the text.
Speaker 4: They just knew, they just knew that you you know you're seting no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So if we didn't get your question, I will get them print it up for Jeff for next week.
Speaker 3: Now. You can reach out to them directly if you can't wait until then. There's several different ways to do so.
Speaker 2: Jeff at when you need US dot Com. That's Jeff at whenuneed US dot com. Pound five four six on your cell or four zero seven five hundred, Jeff, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: And don't park under trees. One hundred and sixty dollars Steve Bucks for.
Speaker 2: The book To Let Your Talk You on demand, download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere.
Speaker 1: This is j r R.
Speaker 4: This track