Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have Bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Big for Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society and now let's get on with the show. Three two one Big for Society. We got the privilege of talking to John today. John is a BFRO investigator from the great state of Washington, and I reach out to him after I tracked him down from seeing his name and a BFRO report. And that's a sneaky thing I do, but sometimes it works. John, Thank you for being on the show tonight.
Speaker 2: Not a problem. Thank you so much for having me Jeremiah, and I don't mind you tracking me down. You're not the first person to do it through the BFR Report website.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you're going to share a few really cool things that have happened to you over the years, and can't wait to hear some really cool stuff that have happened on the BFRO expeditions, and maybe some other things as well. We'll see. But John, I'm going to go ahead and let you take over from here, take us back to the beginning whatever happened first, and we'll chat along the way.
Speaker 2: So, hey, not a problem. So I had an interest in Bigfoot from working as a young person. I saw the Mysterious Monster movie that came out. My sister took me to that, and then I put that on the shelf. And then later on in life, in my late twenties, I was working at the warehouse with a couple of guys and they went down on an expedition in Oregon with Peter Burn and they rekindled the interest in Bigfoot while they were talking about it. After they came back, so checked out the internet. The internet was a new thing in the late nineties, and so I found the DFROL website and actually offered expeditions, and I thought, man, that's really cool. So in two thousand and six, I signed up for my first expedition. It was east of Mount Rainier, so I signed up for that one. It was in August of that year, pretty hot, and it was a great location, and so I just I got there a day early. The expeditions usually run Thursday through Sunday, and I got there on a Wednesday, and I met some great people, met Moneymaker was up there, and just fell in love with all the stuff that's going on. And so one of the things that happened on that expedition, and like I mentioned to your earlier, a lot of things after the newbies on these expeditions. So I was we were out night walking one night and it was late, it was about one or two in the morning or so, and we had it was hot, so we're sweaty, and we're tired, and we're dusty a little bit. Myself and a couple other people came back to camp and I was camped in this little tent. It was back in the woods next to a toe of a mountain. We were right next to a mountain and I was butt tired, so I climbed into my little tent. I got into my sleeping bag. You're in your underwear there. It's hot. You're just laying there, and I'm just really tired, and I'm laying there and I'm trying not to sweat, but you're gonna do it anyway. And I'm laying I've been laying there for about twenty minutes, and it's really quiet out there. It's very peaceful, and all of a sudden, I hear footsteps, bipedal footsteps coming up to my tent. You know, there's a little plants and bushes on the ground and everything. He was stomp. It's not stomp, it's maybe I can tell it's bipal. You tell it's walking slow. And I didn't look out because I don't have a screen on the tent that I can see out of or anything. And I'm laying there and I'm really tired, and I hear this thing up towards my tent and I think it's one of the campus to say hello, who is it? And the footsteps stop, and so I'm just laying there. I'm tired, and I'm just like, well, what is this person doing? Then all of a sudden, after about not all of a sudden, but after thirty seconds, it starts walking even closer and it's not heavy, the ground is not shaking or anything. I'm just hearing this and it gets up to about even with my head on the side of the tent. I go, okay, who's out there? And it stops again. I don't hear any breathing, I don't hear it doing anything. After another thirty seconds, it starts walking up past my tent, you know, And I said, hey, who is it? And it stops about the end of my tent. I'm like, I should get up. I should unsit this thing and crawl out there and shine a flashlight on this thing and see who it is, because they're bugging the heck out of me and I don't know what it is, that's right, And then I go, I'm sitting here in my underwear, so that's probably not cool. I don't want to scare anybody like that, so I let it go. Then I hear this thing walk off, and it just walks off down towards my friend Scott Taylor's camp. He's going to be a Farro investigator. Great guy. We happen to be on the very first expedition together, and so that was it. It walks down towards Scott camp and Scott's camp, and the next day I asked him, I has, hey, does something walk around your tent? And he didn't say anything. He didn't hear anything right like that. But we did wake up and we did find some footprints coming out of the woods, a swamp area, but the tob of mountain, there's a creek down there, but there's that swampy area, but it's coming out of that area, and it's walking down a dirt road, an offshoot of the main road, and we find these nine inch footprints and they come out of the forest and what do you know, they walk right up to my tent and they walk by my tent and they go past my tent. Obviously I didn't see what happened or who it was, but we're thinking, you know, a little sasquatch came out of the woods and walked up to my tent. And I keep kicking myself for not getting out there trying to flashlight on it. But I was told, oh, we don't want to do that, we don't want to scare them. Shame on me. But that's the first expedition I went on. And then at the end of the expedition, so it was a Saturday night, so Scott and I decided to backpack in towards the mountain. It's not too far, but you got a bushwalk in there. So we packed up in the last Saturday night. We got in there and we slept out on the ground and we were hoping something would happen, but nothing happened during the night. And as we were all packed up in the morning on Sunday morning, we're about to walk out, we hear this knock, big power knock, about seventy five yards away towards towards the mountain. And of course, now, being an experienced investigator, you're going to walk towards that. You're going to go see what it is. But for some reason, Scott and I looked at each other and went, oh, that was cool. Being newbies were oh, and we just hiked back out. We just didn't do a thing with it. And so keep kicking myself for not going through there and seeing what was making that and all that kind of stuff. But that's the very first expedition I went on. So after that experience, I was hooked. So that was the first experience. I didn't see a sasquatch. I don't I can't confirm it was a sasquatch, but being positional evidence like that, you got the footprints coming out of the woods and all the sounds by my tent and everything. Pretty sure we had a juvenile walking around there.
Speaker 1: Logically that makes sense because what else is going to walk out of the woods like that with their feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, but that was cool. Yeah, that's the first one there. That's the cool one, well one of the cool ones. But do have another one, and it is this is a good one. So two years later, two thousand and eight, I was on another BFRO expedition in the same area, not the same campsite, but in the same area, and this is a good one. So we had a bunch of people on this expedition too. I have we do disperse camping, so we don't use regular campgrounds or anything like that. And I got my car up this old jinky logging road up into the area we're camping at and I got my car up there, which is amazing because I barely get my truck up there now. But I'm camped up and the campsite is spread out probably about two three acres in total, but it's in the woods, it's in the middle of the woods with old roads going around in the trees and everything like that. And you come into the camp off the main road. You get up in there and it's a flat area, and then towards the north there's a berm that kind of runs along one side of the campground, and on the other side of the berm there's a kind of a swampy area and stuff like that. But there's trees growing all over everything, all over the flat place and the berm and everything. You just find a spot in between everything to camping, which is what I did. I had a tent set up, a little table and chair and stuff like that. So I've got a chair to sit on and table to cook on and all that kind of business. And so two of the guests, or before the guests, actually there was two gentlemen and their twelve year old sons. So there was a father and son and their friends and so they had the two kids and they had their bikes with them. So these twelve year olds are they get there and they set up camp and there I'm on top of the berm, and they're about fifty yards away for me down the berm lower. So I'm on top of the berm. They're down lower on the berm, about fifty yards away. I can't see them because there's a bunch of trees in the way. It's not too bad, but you can't really see. So that's the camping situation. And all through these days the kids are out riding their bikes and they're just chearing it up and it's fun. They're out on the roads and everything. And now is a bfur O investigator and a little more experience. The kids are great for attracting sasquatches. They really just cut loose. They don't care. They're laughing, they're screaming, they're all that stuff, and obviously we think the sasquatches are interested in that. They think it's pretty cool. So these kids are out riding their bikes and everything, and it's really neat, and so they're out. It's Friday night and I'm sitting in camp. We got a fire going. I'd been out in the last couple of nights messing around. I was tired. So I'm sitting at camp around the fire and my friend Dale Southwick is sitting next to me, and Dale has got a When you have first generation Russian night vision binocular. So he's got a set of binoculars that are Russian. They've got night vision on it and it's got infrared assist on it. And so I'm sitting next to day at the campfire. And so the boys and their fathers go out on a night walk and they're out there and they come back about eleven PM. And it's dark by then. No moon is really out. You've got some starlight you can see, but it's not that great. So it's dark. The moon isn't up yet. And the kids come back and the fathers and they go back to their own camping area and they've got a little picnic table set up, and they've got up on the berm. They've got a latrine up there with a tarp around it, and they have a couple they have a pickup truck that's towing a trailer, and then they've got another car and they're parked around in their camp. And then they've got a tent that they sleep in and everything like that. So that's their camp. And they were down at the bottom of the berm, which burm's about twenty feet high. It's a sloping berm and it's easy to walk up. It's not too bad, but it's got trees growing on and on the sides and on the top of a little bit. It's not thick, but there are trees all over the place. And so these guys are camped over there, and about oh, I don't know, about eleven thirty twelve, I decided to go back to my camp and I passed. I don't go through their camp, but I passed by their camp to get to mind and it's about fifty or sixty yards away. I'm sitting up there, and so I just go joining my sit in my chair and get something to drink, and I've got a walkie talking young. I've got the ear piece in so you can't hear anything. As we were told, an you'll try and be as quiet as possible, all that kind of stuff. And so actually before then, I need to go back a little bit. And we're sitting around the fire and we hear the group coming back and they're radio wing and hey, we're coming back, and we've got a couple of barred owls following us. That's weird. Bard owls or any owl just doesn't follow people. And we'd we ask them, what do you mean, And they said, there's one on one side of the road and it hoots and the one on the other side of the road answers back, and it's been doing that for the last half mile. Now, these two howls have been following us for the last half mile. That immediately piques our interest because owls don't follow people. They start coming up there road into camp and they get close to camp and you can hear these bard owls. You know, how bart owl is going to go? No, who cooks for you? What was funny is one bart owl would call and we'ld go, and then you hear what we now know is samurai chatter at the end of it. So it's a willy'll will go up and then the one on the other side of the road would answer, go. So we're thinking, those are the weirdest barred owls we've ever heard. That's not a normal barred owl call, and so that's kind of interesting. And they stopped calling back and forth, oh, probably about thirty yards before the group arrived back in camp. So that's weird. That's really weird. But you know, I could get back to camp, nothing's going on, So I went I decide to go back to camp. And so I'm sitting there. I'm back at camp now, and I'm just in the chair and I'm just listening to the walkie talks. It's warm, and so all of a sudden, we hear over the walkie talking one of the fathers going, hey, we help over here, and the leader, I think it was Kevin Jones at the time, he just calls them, what do you need and he goes, hey, we got some little creatures, a little sasquatches run around our cars and they're looking at us from behind the cars, and we're going, oh, cool, that's that's what we want. So Kevin's really cool and he goes like, you, where are you, what are you doing? Why do you need help? He goes, We're sitting in the middle of our picnic table with a lantern. We're scared, and we're watching these things run around our cars. They're peeking out looking at us, and we'll describe to us. I'm are about three feet tall. They just peek out and they look at us. And so I'm listening to this and I'm going, this is really cool. And they're giving us a play by play over the walkie talkie down there, and so I'm sitting there listening to this man. This is awesome. And this went on for about a half hour or so and Kevin just say, just sit tight. This is why you're here, this is why you come on these expeditions to experience this. And they're trying to remain calm, but they've got two twelve year old boys that are getting freaked out. And they're freaked out. You can hear it in the voice, but they say, oh yeah. And then there's one that's looking over the tarp for the latri at Us. It's up. They got tarp's about seven feet tall and this thing's looking over at them. So this thing's got to be taller than that. And so they're being watched by the little ones and the bigger ones, which we assume are their parents or something, are watching these little ones. Take a look at these boys.
Speaker 1: Big for Society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: These are the boys they've seen riding their bikes down the dirt roads for three days so far, and they're interested. So evidently the Bigfoot parents brought these little guys in to kind of watch these boys, and so that's what's going on. So they can't. They brought their little ones around their camp and they're letting them run around and take a look at these boys. And so it went off for about a half hour, and then finally somebody said, oh, we think they're gone. That's cool, but today say, oh, no, they're back again. So there's a lull in that, but then they started again. And I'm sitting there and I've got up out of my chair by this time. I'm looking over towards their camp. I can't see anything. If you want to stand and you look at that direction, see if something happens. But I'm standing there and I look down the burn to my catty cord to my left, and I see about thirty yards away or so I see. I know there's trees there, but you can't see them because it's dark. And I see a set of eyes that's orangish yellow, lean out as if someone's leaning out from behind a tree and explant a little bit, and they're orangish yellow, and they're about five or six feet off the ground. And then right below them, I see a set of green eyes lean out and look at me, and they're about two and a half three feet off the ground, and they lean out and they look for about two seconds, and then they go back and I can't see them anymore. I don't see the eyes anymore, and I thought, man, that's weird. Something's over there. I thought, maybe it's a squatch. I've been told they have different color eyes and stuff like that. I said, that's really cool. And then about a minute later, about ten yards closer, the same thing happens. It's a set of eyes. It's orangish yellow, leans out about six feet off the ground, and then the little green set leans out and looks at me about three feet off the ground. And then they look at me for about two seconds, and they go back and I lose sight of them. And then I wait another but so I'm intrigued. I'm looking over there. This time, another thirty seconds go by, and they're ten yards close. The same thing happens. The oranges yellow eyes look out about six feet off the ground, and little green eyes look out at me about three feet off the ground. I said, man, that's really cool. I think there's a sasquatch. But I can't really see any definition of the body or anything like that. I don't know. You can't tell I can't prove it a sasquatch. But then again, what does that? That's cool? And I didn't see the eyes after that. They must have went back or something and they started. I was thinking, I can't see him anymore. And then but you know, about four minutes later, they go back and do the same thing. Now they're ten yards back from before, and the yellow eyes yellow orange eyes peak out, and the green eyes peak out down below, and they go back behind a tree I'm assuming, and they walk back. Now a minute later they're ten yards behind and the yellow eyes peak out, and then the green and ice peak out, and then they go back down the burn the same way. I thought, man, that's really cool. They came in doing that and they left the same way, and I'm go, man, that was really weird. I'm just now I'm excited. So I'm standing there, and about five minutes later, I'm standing there, and where I'm standing it's there's a dirt road in there, and on the other side of the dirt road from me, it dips down a ways and it goes up towards the camp where the boys are. It slopes down a little bit from the road. It's not a drastic slope, and it dips down and I'm standing there and all of a sudden, up from the other side of the road, this big shadow comes up, this big dark shadow, and then these two huge red glowing eyes just up here, coming up, and it looks at me, and I go and I just stood there. My mouth is open. I go, Holy crap, what is this thing? And this thing is big, and I can see it's shadow. It's dark, but it's a different dark then what's out there. It's darker than the normal surroundings. This thing is dark, and it's got two big, huge red glowing eyes on the top of whatever it is. And it is standing there looking at me, and it's maybe thirty feet for me, maybe thirty feet and I'm just standing I don't know what to do, and I'm looking at this thing and it looks at me and for a night one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi. And then it turns and it walks down the road away from me, the little sand road we has. It was going to go where I was, and it saw me and I was in its way, and it just oh crap, And it turns and walks down the road and I'm standing there, going what did I just see this sucker was huge, and it walks down the road and I call one of the guys that's down there camping through, and I go, hey, this big thing with glowing red eyes just came up on the road and looked at me. And now it's coming down to your place. You guys might not take a look and see if you can see it. And so I don't know if they saw it or not. I think they were in their tan or something like that, but man, that was really cool. And so the next I told everybody over the walking Talk and say, hey, man, you never believe this. What happened? Oh that's cool, that's cool. And so the next morning, these expeditions, we always have a meeting in the morning or later in the morning, and everybody says, hey, what happened last night, And so obviously the kids and their dads were explaining what was going on. I was like, oh, man, that's really cool, that's awesome. And then they asked me what happened to say, Hey, this huge thing came looking at me and it is what it is, and these big red eyes looked at me. And then I walked down the road and I had gone that morning before I went to the group meeting, I tried to figure out how tall it was. And there was a branch hanging down from one of the trees that I saw that the eyes were next to, and I went and measured that and the branch was nine and a half feet off the ground. So these eyes were nine and a half feet off the ground. So that thing's probably a ten foot That was a big dude, And so I explained this that wow, man, that's really cool. And my friend the Dale with the night Vision Binocracy, he says, man, I'm gonna sit with you in your campground or your camp site tonight and we're going to see if the same thing happens, because that's really cool. So we had the boys go ride their bikes again out there and see if we can do there retreat the same thing that night. So last night, Saturday night, and so they did that. So they're out riding around and all that good stuff. And then they come back and they went on a night walking stuff and I wasn't at the campfire here and come in. I don't know if the bard owls were hooting at them or the supposed bart owls were hooting at them. They were really loud, and think bart owls don't do samurai chatter at the end of their call, So call it what you will. I don't think it was a bart owl. And so I'm sitting there in my campground. Dale comes up and he's sitting next to me, and it's about the same time. It's about eleven thirty ishu or whatever it is. And we're sitting there and what do you know. Down the burm about thirty yards, here come these yellowish orange eyes peeking out from behind the tree at about six feet. And here come the little green eyes peeking out same direction, about three feet tall. And I go, yeah, they're back, and he goes, is this is what happened to you last night? And go exactly and he goes, cool, we're going to look at them through the night vision with infrared assist. We'll see if we can see them through these pedoculars. Okay, cool, that's awesome. So they come again about a thirty seconds layer they're closer about ten yards. Here come the orangesh yellow eyes peeking out from behind the tree about six feet. Here come the little green ones poking out about three feet and he goes, okay, I got him I can see him through the night vision, but I'm gonna hit the infrared assist. Here we go. I go cool, this is going to be great. We're going to see these things and all that kind of stuff. The second that Dale hits that infrared assist button on all those night vision binoculars, everything takes off. We heard five creatures. These two creatures we were looking at. They went down the burn to as a swamp. You can hear them run on and they're heavy boom. We heard two there. We also heard two on the other side of us in the camp and there was one north of us. And we heard five creatures just run, literally run, stomping as they go, shaking the ground. Run out of our campsite, just run out of our campsite. Anyone of these creatures are around, you can tell the air is electric. You feel that feeling there and you just know something's around there. Around the second we hit that infrared assist, all these creatures took off. You could hear them, you could feel in the ground they're stomping, I mean, and they ran and they took up and it was like that electricity that was in the air when they were around. It's like a bubble burst. It's like these things just left and you knew they were not coming back. You knew it. And that's how we think. Can't prove it obviously, but we think the creatures can see in the infrared, and so that's why we think a lot of game cameras they use the infrared. Those you don't really get a lot of them on game cameras. I know that we have game camera pictures of them and some people do and all that kind of stuff, But that just told us that, hey, they might see this infrared stuff. And you can put out trio cameras all you want, but if they're using infrared, I think these things can see it and they avoid it because they don't want to be seen. And so that's the second story. That's the biggie right there. That's the cool one.
Speaker 1: But that is something else. So yeah, I got some questions. So is that the first time that people realized, hey, this they can probably see infrared.
Speaker 2: I just told them what I saw. We have a blue form on there, and I got criticized. There is no way you can see glowing red eyes because the moon wasn't out, there's no backlight. These suckers glowed. All three of them. They glowed And no, they don't do that. And I'm like, hey, I'm just reporting what I saw. I don't know. Nobody's a big foot expert, So I don't care what you've been doing. You're not a big foot expert. I don't care if you've been on TV or how many expeditions you've been on. You're not an expert. But no, that's just what it is. And we just we try these experiments and stuff. But we never got at least I know if I never had the opportunity again to try that out. But that was some interesting Hopefully that's data. That's good data. But all I can say is that's what we observed. The second that infrared assist was hit. These things knew it and they left. They took off.
Speaker 1: To break down. Maybe for listeners that are not really aware about what infrared assists. So was that a thing where you press the button and then it's shooting out infrared and they're like, oh, yes, someone's here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the normal night vision stuff. It just amplifies the light that's around you. It uses a little bit of infrared, but not a lot. The INFRAREDUS is supposed to help you just light up the area. It's you can't see it, your naked eye can't see it. But the night vision binoculars would amplify that light, turning into something that you can see to use as light to see what's out there. So it's an amplification. It's not an amplification of the existing light. It's adding infrared light that helps you illuminate the area. So it wasn't the night vision binoculars. Those were fine. The second that infrared assist button was hit and it shoots all that infrared light out there, they took off. They left. So that's why we think that they might be able to see in the infrared spectrum, and that's why maybe the trail cams don't work if they use that technology.
Speaker 1: Logically, it does make sense. Are there other things that you guys are aware of that also shoot out infrared or something that's similar. I've heard people will say be careful. Lot of iPhones with face ID on them, they can shoot stuff out. Or are there any thoughts about that?
Speaker 2: No, we haven't really investing. I haven't investing. Oh god, I don't know anybody that has or anything like that. So no, this is just the infrared on there. I don't have any information on the rest of that stuff or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Gotcha question the juveniles running around the cars, that is just that is a fascinating part of the story. Was there any follow up around the area to see if there were tracks around the cars or any other evidence that was able to be gathered afterwards?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, there the heart the soil was really hard packed. It's really hard packed. It was dry. There's nothing out that You've got the pine straw that's fallen down there. You got a little bit of you know, bush's low hanging vegetation on the ground. Not a lot of footprints, just a lot of scuff marks, a lot of scuff marks. We did take a footprint on the top of the berm that we think was left by the big one that was watching over the latrine. We got a footprint out of that didn't turn out all that great because again pinestrauls all over the place to ground this hard and stuff. We got scuff marks. And I went to the area where the big one that I saw walk down the road and I found scuff marks, but I didn't find any footprints there. I found one later over Dale's camp, which was down the burn from me. I found a nice, big old footprint right in the middle of the duft and everything pretty cool. But as far as scuff marks, no, we did get a slight hand drag since it was pretty dusty there. The cars had dust on them. We did see some kind of fingerprint type things on the car where you would think a small three foot juvenile would put his hand by looking around the corner, you know, on the fender or something. But we got just it's basically, you know, the dusty drag marks. No dermal ridges or anything like that. But we did get some stuff on the cars a little bit, but nothing definitive.
Speaker 1: Big for society will be right back. After these messages, it sounds like they weren't able to take any video of them as they were running around. They were probably just freaking out by that land.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you would be too fast. They're not expecting this to happen there. Hey, we're just gonna grow up with the big footers and have some fun and knuck it up and see that nothing happens. But no, this is before everybody had high phones and cameras and all that kind of stuff. So even if they had one. I think they're a little bit too scared to drag one out anyway, because they said they're sitting in the middle of their picnic table with a lantern. They're all to be huddled together on the top of it, so I don't think that they would have pulled anything out to view them with that. And the two dads are being protective of their two sons. Two dads, two sons. You got to protect your young one. Everybody understands, ask, but no, there's not a lot of evidence gather except from one footprint we cast it. I saw it didn't look that great, but it's but it was a very cool experience, and so we can't Those guys that came into our group, we camped a few times with them again and they're good dudes, and we still keep track of them to this day.
Speaker 1: I don't get a lot where people hear stuff that sounds like this Sierra sounds so that is pretty cool to hear that. Is it a thing where you guys have ever been able to capture that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, some people haven't. I don't. Personally, I don't put out a lot of audio anymore because putting out audio means you got to listen to it for almost the same length of time, and I don't have the patience to do that. Yeah, but yeah, that was we heard it. It was really funny. And we're sitting around the fire, We're hearing this. Who cooks for you? And we just looked at each other, go, that ain't no owl that and it was loud too. That is the biggest bart owl with a frog in his throat that we've ever heard. And so another one would answer it, there's two big loud bard owls with throat problems out there, or it's not a barn owl. Can you can guess what it is. We didn't see anything, but what we heard really didn't strike us at a bar. It sounded like something that was trying to act like a barn owl or sound like a barn owl, but in our opinion, it wasn't doing a very good job of it.
Speaker 1: And this place sounds like it is pretty pretty out in the boonies.
Speaker 2: Sounds like pretty much. Yeah, it's it's on a lot of logging roads. Yep. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what an experience to be involved with that. Those those newbies definitely were a trial by fire for sure, But thank you for sharing that. Yeah, feel free to continue with anything else you've experienced.
Speaker 2: Last one this is about I think it's twenty nineteen or so, and I live in a Washington state. I live north of Everett, Washington, and I go my research area and where I do my investigations. It's mainly the Mountain Loop Highway which runs from Grantite Falls to Darringtonant's closed during the winter but open during the summer and spring whenever they get it open. And then also highway to which is Stevens Pass. It's one of those highways that goes through the cascades over there. It goes out of Monroe and over the Stevens Pass and comes down through some other areas in there. You can get to win atch you and all that kind of stuff through it. But anyway, my son, my oldest son, who he's twenty six now, back in about I think it's about twenty nineteen. He and I and one of my friends from work, we just want to go out squatching. And he said, where are we going to go out squatch? We tried to go somewhere it wasn't open. We went out highway too, and we're trying to go down this one road that we know has had watch activity that passed and they had some recordings down there and all that. And then we went up by Index. We tried to go down this one road, but it was closed, and so we're just drive around. It's dark, it's late. It's about probably eleven PM. So it's we're down there, oh, September October twenty nineteen, and we're just trying around. We went around for a place to squatch. You know what. My friend's got a bad leg. I'm getting older and I don't like running around anymore. So we're just looking for a place to go squatch. We got you know, we didn't have any thermal cameras at the time. We're just going out. So we went up this one loggie road off Highway too. And we get up the road and we up there about two or three miles or so, and it's out in the forest and everything's dark and stuff, and it's right by a creek. And we get up there in the roads block there's a wash out. The road's been washed out. Oh. We turn around a little bit, like before you get to the wash out, there's a big wide spot in the road, big circular spot evidently the road's been washed out for while. Its where people go up, they turn around, or they camp out there. Nobody's up there. So we just thought we'd pull over and get out some chairs. And we're not doing any and we're just we just pull out the chairs and we're just sitting around. We're missing around. And I had some whale sounds, some Native American flute music and Native American drum music on my phone, and I have a Bluetooth speaker with me and it's connected to the phone, and I thought, hey, in the past, people have played this kind of stuff, whale sounds and drum sounds and flute sounds, and they said sometimes I'm bring the sundsquatches in. I say, hey, you mind if I play those? My son and my friend go ahead, no problem. So we get there and we're playing these sounds. That's going it's going good. So we played the flute sounds and then I played the drum sounds. I played each for about twenty minutes or so, and then I get to the whale sounds and we're playing these whale sounds and we're going on stuff, and I know it's getting late. I want to go back home. And so I get up and we're sitting about twenty yards away from my pickup truck. We're just in the flat spot. We're out in the middle of the opening. We're out in the trees or anything. And I just get up. I go over to the truck. I put the speaker on top. I'm down, I've turned off the music, and I go up there to the truck, and all of a sudden, I'm there for about thirty six All of a sudden, my friend and my son run up to me and go, we need to go. What do you mean we need to go? I said, no, after you left, something is run down the road towards us. Stomp stomp, stomp, stomp. Stop is run down the road. You could feel it shaken. And it's now over there behind those trees. We need to go. And I'm thinking to myself, what in a second, this is why we're here. What do you mean we gotta go? We're not going anywhere and safety first. I don't care anymore. These things can squish me. I'm gonna stand my ground. It doesn't matter to me. But you know, my son and my friend were now freaked out because now something is big. It is run down the road and now it's behind a tree about ten yards behind them, and they didn't really want to be there, and so reluctantly I, well, don't we just get in the truck and sit. Okay fine, I open up the truck. They get in the truck and they're still freaked out. We sat there for about thirty seconds, and they go, can we go? Can we go? They don't want any part of this because they know something big is over there. Just ran down the road and the chairs are still out there, and I said, wait a second, I'm not leaving my chairs out there, and they're like, no, can we just go? We'll come back get them later. I go, no, I'm taking my chairs. I'm a cheap guy and I want to buy new chairs. And so I go walking over there and I'm not seeing anything. I'm not hearing anything, I'm not smelling anything, and I just go take my time. There's those tube chairs. You fold them up, put them in a tube, and so I'm just putting them away and I opened the back of the truck. I throw them in there, and they're just like, come on, we gotta go. We gotta go. Okay fine, And so we drive away.
Speaker 3: What is your product? No, dad, I said, dad, it just came it literally, man down that road. We could feel it shaken and it came running down the road and they thought, man, it's big. I said, you guys, that's why we go on these things.
Speaker 2: And I know you get more courage the farther you get away from the enemy or the danger. They're all pretty big and tough. We just picked a random spot and we got out there and we played that music and something happened. And then we get back and he goes, hey, when we first got there, it was just it made him in a little earlier than that, when it was slightly light up, and say, hey, we got out that truck and I went over to the side of the road to take a look that, you know, see what's out there.
Speaker 4: And the stick came flying out of the woods and landing in front of me, and I go, why didn't you tell me? He goes, I didn't think it was important. I said, what, I didn't think it was important? He goes, Yeah, I thought I saw a shadow walking back in there, too. Great, it would have been nice to know, but still you knew something was out there, you know.
Speaker 2: That's why we game, and then you want to run away as soon as we get some action. He's like, yeah, I know, I'm sorry, but you see there's reports. You read the reports or hear the reports. A lot of times people driving along at night they pull off to the side of the road to use the restroom or whatever for no prayer reason. No, nothing's set up, nobody knows they're gonna be They pull off, and all of a sudden they got a sasquatch either looking at them or throwing stuff at them, or making noise or something just randomly, Like how, that's just bizarre. What are the chances of that? And that's what happened to us. I've always thought that was just kind of like, oh, yeah, you pulled up the side of the road and a sasquatch just happened to be there. Yeah, But then it happens to me we just weren't planning on being there. Nobody's up there, the road's closed, no reason for anybody be up there. We show up, we sit down, Something throws a stick at my friend. He sees something walking back there, doesn't tell me, and then later on something comes running down the road at us. It's like, just bizarre. Just what are the chances of that just showing up not planned to be there, and you get sasquatch activity. But then you go on these expeditions or you're planned to go squatching or something, or you're all set up and nothing happens. But that's my last story. That's all I got for you in just go Where's what this happened to me?
Speaker 1: That last one. I'm I don't think I've ever really heard anyone say about playing whale sounds. That is pretty cool. So these just basic whale sounds or yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, you just you did blast them out. But it's different. Okay, they might have heard flutes, they might have heard drums, but whale sounds. And we played that on expeditions before and got something going on. So I never did it before, and so I did it, and what do you know, it's just something different. Do they Maybe it's communicating with them. I don't know. I doubt it, but it's definitely different. Did scare away some campers one time by playing that? I camp down the road from them, and they were out there and stuff, and I got in my camping spot and I started playing that weird stuff, and boy, they were out of there in about five minutes. Really, I don't know what, Yeah, yeah, you know, sorry, but well it just kind of funny.
Speaker 1: That's really funny. I love those stories though, Like that last one. It's like stuff just sometimes happens when you put down a chair and just hang out for a while on a spot and you never know.
Speaker 2: It was bizarre, And we went back the next night. We went back the next night. Nothing of course, we'd planned it. We planned to be there, so nothing was going to happen. But just interesting. I just just the chance that would happen, that's just great. So I give perfect credence to those people who say, yeah, I was driving all night, had a lot of coffee and had to pull over and let some of it out, and there was a something growling at me and shook my car and all that kind of stuff. Yeah, yeah, I get it, but that's weird. What sasquatch you doing? Are they waiting for an uber by the side of the road, What are they doing out there? But exactly, you hear that a lot. You hear it a lot.
Speaker 1: John I Swanse, thank you for coming on to share what you've experienced. Before we end our time, do you have any advice for listeners that are like, I might want to try this Bigfoot expedition thing out.
Speaker 2: Go I did it. Stuff happens to newbies all the time down here in Washington. I used to co host expeditions with my friend Kirk Brandenburg. We don't I'm getting too old. I'm not going to do this anymore. We have some great new investigators out here in Washington State. We've got Nick Bell, James Washburn, Tim Lyn Alan, Melissa Martinson, Scott Taylor. They're all running expeditions for us. They did a great job this year. They'll do a great job next year. I think there's one already out there. But just come on an expedition. Just come. You can talk squatch. When I do my investigations, mainly talking to people, you just want to let them tell their story and they just want to talk to someone who won't think they're crazy exactly. And so you don't need the next you don't need an experience to come on a BFRO expedition. You got to be able to camp, bring your stuff to Washington State. We've got the most sightings out here in the United States. So the Olympic Expedition or Great the Cascades are great. We've got some great people who are running these things. And I was actually one of the co hosts on the expedition in twenty twenty three out with the Olympic Project. I know he had Jonathan's coll in and talk to you about his experiences out there. So I was out there too.
Speaker 1: That was with great stuff. Ye yeah, yep, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fun stuff. That was fun stuff there. But yeah, just come on. An expedition doesn't have to be in Washington State. You can go on them anywhere. But we don't learnally have a lot of people flying in. We get people coming in from all over the country coming in. Want to go is oh another story. So they were out on a night walk and they were down in one of the places late at night, and we had a thermal drone in the air, and we had the thermal drone over him. The canopy is really thick where we were, but yet we saw the group and then maybe about thirty thirty five forty yards away from we saw these two huge big heat signatures, round heat signatures. The camera wasn't that great, but we could see him. They're going back and forth side to side looking through It looked like they were looking through the trees trying to look at these people because one of one was walking around. One of the people was walking around, and these things were looking They're moving back and forth and can and watching this thing. But there were these two huge heat signatures watching what we know to be about six or seven people who look very small compared to these heat signatures. So we think we got a couple of squatches on camera doing it. It's in the same area where the year before we had some squatches on the thermal but we weren't recording at the same time, so there's some crazy stuff that was happening in that area. But I've seen two big, huge heat signatures watching a group of people that were a lot smaller than those two heat signatures. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: That is wild stuff. I love talking to you guys, and people can go to as a bfro dot net if they want to get more info about the expeditions.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, there's a list of expeditions on there. They're just starting. They normally they normally come on about January February because Matt wants to get as many expeditions on the docket lined up as soon as possible, but personal schedules we got to figure out when we have time to do it, and not because they are our other investigators are running them out. I don't do too much with that anymore. I do show up, but I don't run them. But yeah, just go to the BFRO website. I know some people I have issues with the BFO. I get it. That's fine, but we're not all Matt Moneymaker, And be honest, Matt money Maker is great guy. I have no problems with that money Maker and with the rest of the BFRO investigators I met and that I worked with. So come on out, join us have some fun. Obviously, we can't guarantee any sasquatch activity. We don't have them on speed down, we can't tell them where to show up coordinate with them. But we take you to spots where we've had a lot of activity, and we want to show you where we go to sasquatch to watch sasquatch or listen or whatever we do. And there's a really good chance when you come out with the Washington BFRORO that you'll either hear one or find a track or maybe see one.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, man, it was a pleasure chatting with you.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we're able to get connected, and thank you for sharing some really cool things that happened to the BFRO in Washington over the years.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's my pleasure. Jeremiah, it's nice to make your acquaintance, and thanks to everybody for listening here.
Speaker 1: At big for Society, our goal is to provide a platform for those that have encountered Bigfoot to share their encounter and a safe and respected environment. But we need to hear your story. If you've experienced something that you just can't explain, please send me an email at Bigfoot Soociety at gmail dot com. Then we can start the conversation. I know a lot of you have not shared your encounter at all. It's been twenty years and it's time that you get this off your chest and then you can get some well deserved for rest, because I know you haven't been sleeping. I understand what you're going through and I appreciate every one.
Speaker 5: Of you listening Bigfoot Society Podcasts hosted by our Captain Jeremiah Byron. Whereas all Bigfoot, all the time, have you ever had the urge to do more? To be more? Now? You can by joining Bigfoot Society on the patreons. Get out free episodes and even number only episodes, take part in movie Night and even live video chats. Interact behind the scenes with Jeremiah and other Patreon members like me. Play it the powerful podcast goes on, and you make contribute a verse in our Patreon community carpadm seize today, big twitters, and make your lives extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much, make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the following, or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's the list.
Speaker 6: These are all on Oregon by the way, Oakridge, Dexter Fall Creek, to Shoot National Forest Area, Cultist Lake, Spirit Lake, Stubtle Lake, Mackenzie River Area, Sweet Home Area, the area west of Createrlake, east of two point thirty West Diamond Lake Highway and north of sixty two Creater Lake Highway.
Speaker 1: You can use email Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. A special thank you to all the Bigfoot Society, Patreon and YouTube channel members. It's your support that helps keep the show going and I extremely appreciate it. If you want to join in the fun, you can join over at patreon dot com. Forward slash the Bigfoot Society. I'll see you there and again, thanks for listening.