Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls basketball fans, San Antonio Spurs fans, Welcome to this rip roaring fast break edition of the San Antonio Spurs Weekly podcast with your point god whoa no, whoa whoa whoah point guard.
Speaker 2: Sorry, hey, everybody, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Welcome to another edition of the San Antonio Spurs Weekly Fast Break Ripport. That's right where we take the ball from the inbounds and we pass it up to the court.
Speaker 2: To Mamo for the jam.
Speaker 3: As we talk a little bit about last night's action and how I ate some humble pie.
Speaker 2: Last night for you Spurs fans. I've been doing it all year long.
Speaker 3: Okay, this makes me a great Spurs fan and also a fan of over forty years.
Speaker 2: I will admit when I'm wrong. I will also take.
Speaker 3: The heat when I say something bad. And they play very very well. Last night, the San Antonio Spurs jumped out to a twenty five point lead on the third place New York Knickerbockers in the Eastern Conference, who have been having very good year this year, one of their best years in a very long time now. Of course, they did not play with Jalen Brunson last night. But they still have plenty of firepower on that Nick's side. But san Antonio last night, at times in the game, you're sitting there going.
Speaker 2: Who's going to be the firepower?
Speaker 3: Because san Antonio ended up coming up with a starting lineup of Jeremy Sohan, Devin Vessel, Chris Paul Harrison Barnes, and Steph Castle. That's a small lineup for the Spurs, and the only starter over twenty points last night, of course, is going to be the rookie of the year, Steph Castle, half of Area fifty one. He had twenty two points, three rebounds, three assists. The rest of the starters did have double digits. However, But how about this. When you're a Spurs fan and you look on the point totals and you see Jeremy Sohan with only ten, Visel with only ten, and kJ with six, You're wondering, what the heck is going on?
Speaker 2: How are we going to win?
Speaker 3: Steph Cassel couldn't carry the team? Right, Well, they didn't have to. One of the best nights in NBA history.
Speaker 2: And I'm not just.
Speaker 3: Calling this because I'm a Spurs fan, Okay, I'm not just calling it because it was a great night for Sandrew Mamu Kalafala, Sana fin Avishevitch. Sorry, Sanjo, you know I'd love to have a little fun with the name as well. But Mamu man look like Manu Ginobili out there last night.
Speaker 2: He broke several NBA records. I don't care.
Speaker 3: How good Kevin Durant and Devin Booker were together last night, some of you guys on X I was going back and forth with you guys, kidding around, saying, hey, they may have had good nights, but did you notice what Sandro Mamu did last night? Thirty four points in twenty minutes. That is an NBA record. Nobody has scored that many points in that little amount of minutes.
Speaker 2: Also, seven of seven from.
Speaker 3: Three point range, and he was twelve of thirteen from the field ninety three percent. I want to know when you have ever seen a better performance, and I'm putting it out there.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry since Michael George.
Speaker 3: You can laugh at me all you want, but I have not seen a player take over a game like that and just be on that much of a hot streak.
Speaker 2: Mamu did it last night. I don't know if it was because of flavor flav in the audience.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's because his family was there. I don't know if it's because he's playing against his childhood team in the New York Knickerbockers.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was all three coming together.
Speaker 3: For a magical conjunction and time where Mamu was the star of the night for the San Antonio Spurs. Now we've talked a lot about him in the future as a Spur. Now business sense, it makes sense if they end up kind of pushing Mamu to the back, getting rid of Bassi, maybe resigning Biambo, maybe not even resigning Biambo and picking up somebody like a nas Red. But Mamu last night proved he needs a contract extension.
Speaker 2: This man shoots, passes.
Speaker 3: Scores, dunks, and I believe that if you just give him time on the floor, he's going to produce. The problem is they just don't give him time on the floor. Now, there were at times this year when he made some really bad decisions when dribbling the ball. He looked like he was all over the court looking for someone to pass to and just didn't know where to go. But let's pump the brakes a little bit. This happens to every NBA player. It happened to Chris Paul last night several times when the Spurs cannot find anybody on offense to step up. That was late in the third quarter when the Knicks were starting to make their run, after San Antonio was up twenty five in the first half and Mamu decided to take over. He had twenty one points in the third or fourth quarter. Twenty one points in the fourth quarter. This show is all about Mamu right now because he deserves his props. San Antonio Spurs front office. This man deserves a contract extension this year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: His former career high was twenty eight points when he played for Milwaukee. And if you can put up twenty eight points when you're playing in Milwaukee with Giannis and Crewe, and then you come here and do what you do Mamu man I like Mamu.
Speaker 2: It makes me want to go out and get.
Speaker 3: A jersey right now, and number fifty four jersey. And you can tell that he loves playing here in San Antonio. You can tell that the Spurs love having him. He is that player where everybody's really rooting for. On the bench, you saw the guys on the bench, Steph Castle, Wemby, Chris Paul. I mean, Chris Paul was getting him the ball. You could see that Chris Paul was like, he needs to score, he needs to score.
Speaker 2: And sure enough, he did just that last night.
Speaker 3: And congratulations to the point God for really taking over. And it really seemed like one of those YMCA Basketball League games, you know, where the guy doesn't get a lot of playing time throughout the year and then all of a sudden you want to see that person do really, really well, and then they get out there and they do exceptionally well and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, just keep feeding him the ball. Sam Junder did that last night.
Speaker 3: A big win for the Spurs one twenty one oh five, pushing their record win total to twenty nine wins. Of course, last year only twenty one wins, on pace for the thirty one we picked if they had an injury ridden season, which they really have this year, we haven't had a healthy lineup. We want to leave you this on this fast break report, Spurs fans, do you want.
Speaker 2: To see this team, this core stay together.
Speaker 3: This is why we want to see this happen in San Antonio.
Speaker 2: We have talked a.
Speaker 3: Lot about possible offseason moves for another big name coming to San Antonio. But do you want a big name player to come to San Antonio that is gonna kill our salary cap for years to come, deplete our draft picks, deplete our trade options. When you've got such a camaraderie on this team, if you go back and watch this game and you watch from players one to twelve on that bench, even your injury ridden players, the smiles, the excitement, the flow of this team is like one I haven't seen in San Antonio in a very long time. Even the days of Tim Duncan, Jenoblee Parker it was business. This team is having so much fun and when they get out there and score, they can score. Would you want to see this core stay together? The cell Sohn, Johnson, Wemby Fox, Mamu, Malik Branham, big props last night to Blake Wesley. Three big assists and he's just a spark plug. If he can control that ball and get his jump shot down just a little bit more, he's going to be a deadly backup point guard. But last night it was all about Mamu leading the Spurs to victory one twenty one oh five and boy, congratulations again to him and the crew.
Speaker 2: It was just really cool to see, wasn't. It's both hands.
Speaker 3: One of those moments that we'll look back on regardless of how good or bad they played this year, and it'll make us smile. Kind of reminds me of the Wimby moment when he got on the mic last year and said I miss this shit and everybody lost their if.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was that moment for the Spurs last night, and it couldn't have happened to a better player in Sondrew.
Speaker 2: Mama Kala fila seed. If you I know, can I try to pronounce it right? I should try to pronounce it right. Mamu Keller visit. I can't do it. I can't.
Speaker 3: We'll just go with Mamu Okay, But guys, man, I can't wait to see you guys in the Frost Bank Center Friday night. We will have floor seats. Make sure you're looking for me on the floor. All you gotta do is look for a really good looking, bald headed guy looks like stone cold Steve Austin if you bought him off of Wish.
Speaker 2: I'll be there with my kids.
Speaker 3: My best friend, my godson, and we're gonna watch the Point God.
Speaker 2: We are gonna watch Steph Castle. We're gonna watch Mamu. Mama. Hopefully you didn't party too much with Flavor Flav.
Speaker 3: Last night because we need you back here in the Frost Bank Center Friday night against the Sixers.
Speaker 2: And boy did I eat some humble Bye. I said we would. I said it. I said we would get blown out. I said it.
Speaker 3: But guess what I will eat humble pie like a crow until the winds come home for the San Antonio Spurs. We'll see you guys at the Frost Bank Center. Hope you get you guys, maybe some interviews fingers across. Also, we are going to try to get you some live recorded action as well and get you some fan interactions and see what we can do to close out the year on this show. But guys, thank you for listening to this fast break report. We just assisted it to Mamu. He just decided to hit a dunk, steal it on the inbound and hit a three.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Spurs.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Mamu, and let's do it again Friday night in the Frost Bank Center. But just remember, no matter how good or bad. The San Antonio Spurs are playing. You're a fan, baby, you're a fan that black and silver blood runs through your veins and remember to go Spurs, Go,