Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It's been a month. Yeah, it has been a month. Ye. I don't think it's been fully a month. So, I mean, I know we promised pretty much going back to weekly cadence, but you know, needed some rest and relaxation slash laziness slash not laziness because we're gotten the way. But we're back. We are back. We are in the Poker gro studio right now. We also have a new table. Yeah, this was taken from the set of the National Heads of Poker Championship. I think we got to get a new felt or something. You put some stuff on it. I feel like this is going to be our podcast table now. We have upgraded. We have upgraded, so it's a little shaky, okay, but you know we'll make it work. Of course for you guys. It is Thursday, August fourteenth. Got to do the time. It's one. We're gonna take it back in time a little bit. We're gonna wrap up SOMEBSIP stuff. Not gonna be talking about it too much, but there are some results that we didn't hit on that. I just want to kind of mention, you know, put a bow on that, and then we're gonna lead into the play Player of the Year. There were some, uh what's some debate around the WAP Player of the Year that I kind of want to get Tim's thoughts on. Of course I'll try and give mine as well. Just some general w SIPPY stats. Coming off of that, we're gonna wrap up twenty five K Fantasy. We did not win wamp wamp but whatever, not a big deal. It is what it is. Uh, the PGT leader board, we got to hit on that. We're coming off a big season, a lot of sp events qualified. Of course there was the Aria high Roller events that played a big part in it as well. So we'll touch on where the pg leaderboard stands because we are about two two and a half weeks out from the PGT coming back. September is a massive, shout out, massive month for the PGG, so we're going to talk about that. I want to hit on the seminal hard Rock pokeerre Open two reasons. One a very cool winner and then two you and I are going to debate this ridiculous three card ruling situation. I absolutely cannot wait to debate this silliness with you. But yeah, that's what we're going to hit on today. Of course, if you guys are watching on YouTube, please hit the favorite button, like the video, subscribe to the YouTube channel, do whatever the heck you guys got to do. It does help us grow. If you're listening audio only. Wherever you're listening, give us a rating five stars only. Please leave us a review as well. It really does help. It helps us grow, It helps us reach new people. The algorithms pick it up, all that good stuff, and if you do leave a review. Podcast apt PokerGO dot com is where you can take a screenshot and send it on into our email. We will we will definitely respond if not read it on air. Okay, so check that out as well. If you think you're a poker legend but your bank will disagrees, then play poker Go is your shot at glory without spending a dime. It's free, it's fun, and it actually feels like the real thing, minus the sunglasses, the bad beats from your uncle, all that sort of stuff. We leave the nonsense to the side because this is real, authentic online poker ring games, tournaments, sit and goes. It's all on play PokerGO dot com. It is all for free, just a few clicks away. You can also download the app on your iOS or Android device and we will see you at the tables. I've been playing every single day for the past week. I'm on a heater, can't lose, flopping sets left, right and center. I'm not joking. It's incredible. So yeah, so if you want to get in on the action, I'll see you at the playpoker go dot com tables. You can just look for the custom avatar that looks like me. Okay, yeah, I'm SI way in for mine. Yeah. Well, you got to get on that deal with the producer Rich. He's in charge of that. Get on that. All right, Let's slide into these long overdue do ws AP results that we need to touch on. First up, Chad Evesledge won the twenty five k horse He topped the field of one hundred and fifty entries to win eight hundred and eighty three thousand dollars, his fourth gold bracelet. This event had one hundred and twenty entries last year, so a nice big uptick from the year prior. Eas Sledge defeated Brian rast, Toby Lewis was third, Notcho Barbara fourth, Ryan Miller fifth, Phil Ivy sixth, John Hennigan seventh, and Chris hunikin Big Huny eighth place. In that event, Andrew astub Chenko finally got his gold bracelet. He finished second in the twenty five k earlier in the series. Here he wins the five K no ole him at hold him to close out his summer. An enormous summer for Andrew Ostupchenko. He got his first goal bracelet. This win here earned him six hundred and six thousand dollars. He topped a field of seven hundred and thirty five entries. I don't think there is an event that corresponds to last year so for this specific one, and I don't think there was a five K this late. I'm pretty sure there was seven thirty five entries, and I remember trying to look up if there was a you know, relating field size to see if this one went up or down, and I couldn't find one unless I'm just a total idiot, which could certainly be the case. Ostap Chenko won more than two million dollars at the twenty twenty five WSIP. I mentioned that he had that big score second place in the twenty five K that was more than a million dollars. He also went on to finish third in a Venetian event after this win for eighty five K.
Speaker 2: There this event ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Is a defending champion, Matthew Alasante. It was that like early in the series. Yeah, it's probably one of those ones that they moved around.
Speaker 1: I really don't like when they moved them around.
Speaker 3: You gotta put away you, uh where do you think they kind of fool best?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Last year was event eighty seven, so it's failing.
Speaker 1: So that's that's my fault. I'm the idiot. I mean I said I could have been the idiot. I'm the idiot, all right, So there's that. Now. Interesting note about Andrew Ostupchenko here. He was on his own team in twenty five K team Liaison, and his win here allowed them to finish in fifth place, which is in the money, so more money in astib Chenko's pocket. So austin Chenko first place, six hundred and six K, Brandon Wilson second place, four or four, David O. dB Baker shout out ODB two hundred and eighty three k for him Van van Merdino magas K. I probably butchered the living crap out of that one. I'm out of I'm out of rhythm, you know, I'm trying to figure these names out on the fly. Two hundred and one k for him, Joseph sob Or Sabie, also butchering that last name. One hundred and forty five K. Sam Lasquitz got sixth place. Pat Lyons World Famous pat Lyons got seventh place, and Marcos Scurl got eighth place. In that one, Lucas Zascodni wins the closer top in a field of four two hundred and ninety seven entries fifteen hundred dollars by and there he took home six hundred and forty eight thousand dollars. Richard Ali second, Lock Chan third, Thing Tran fourth, Adrian Tivodar fifth, Dylan Lamby kind of close to Dylan Lindy in terms of the spell. Yeah, I mean it might be, is it. Huh, It's not Dylan Lindy, Like I didn't like mistake that or something in auto correct or something. I'm just I'm just making sure it's been it's been almost four weeks so I'm trying to figure this out. Jimmy Settina seventh, Victor Cavallero eighth, and Tiwi II got ninth place. There, Mitchell Hinem, you, oh boy, right, my boy. If you guys remember this, A hole busted me in the WS event, his ace, Queen, my kings. I will never forget Mitchell Heinem. But congrats to you, sir. You went on to win the one K Super Turbo, topping the field of nineteen hundred and thirty five entries. I say it all in jest with the whole coming at you. But if I see you at the table and I have ase, Queen, I'm never fooled. Ever, I gotta repay it. Okay. He finished forty ninth in the main event after busting my ass cast for two hundred K. So he casts for two hundred K in the main event. Then he goes on to win this turbo for two hundred and thirty seven thousand, almost two hundred and thirty eight thousand, So pretty good week or so for Mitchell Heinem. Not off bitten second place, Kai Tanaka third place, Nevin Chang fourth, Jacob Parent fifth, Lucas Hafner sixth, Brettschaef for seventh, Paulina Loliger, she is a what's her poker bunnyy eighth place, Alex Duval ninth place. That all takes us too. The WSP Player of the Year which went two. My boy Sean Deep, Your boy Sean Deep his second time winning it. He won in twenty eighteen. He wins it in twenty twenty five. He joins Daniel Legrand who as the only two time winners of the WSP Player of the Year award. Of course, it has not been around forever. It was installed in two thousand and four. Nigraney won it in two thousand and four. He then won it in twenty thirteen. Deep got first in the one hundred k PO events for almost three million dollars. He got second in the fifteen hundred dollars RAS for eighty four K second you know one k Nolan hold him for one hundred and fifty four k second in an online event, which I think one online event counts one on my cash counts. And then third in the ten k PLO eight that was the one that Phil Sternheimer won. Sean Deep took home a three hundred and forty eight K There The question that everyone was debating is should Sean Deep have won? Benny Clauser won three bracelets, won them pretty early the series, all things considered, Michael Msrocky the Grinder won the fifty KPPC then won the WSP main event. There was a lot of debates.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you think it's undebatable because there's a scoring system. Everyone is aware of the scoring system heading into the World Series, and his results put him on top. Now we can't say that, hey, Benny didn't have a great World Series and Grinder didn't have a world's great World Series and all these other guys like Mark Gabrell and you know, we can the list goes on. But everyone was equal fording heading into the World Series with a scoring system that is send me public, right. You have to do some calculations and figure it out, but yeah, it's available just like ours is. So I don't think it's unfair at all. You can make an argument that, hey, should things be weighed differently, like does winning the fifty KPPC, winning the ten k main event and cashing I think thirteen times total?
Speaker 2: Is that better than what he did?
Speaker 3: Now that's going to be a personal opinion if people really think that's the case and they need to change the scoring. But he did everything within the parameters that were outlined heading into the World Series, so I don't think it's even debatable.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, D one. Based on the scoring criteria as outlined ahead of time. Everyone knows this criteria going in. They know, you know, it's this many live cashes, it's one online cash that counts. It's you know, you can't just rack up eight thousand cases you have, it's capped, all that sort of stuff. So yeah, based on the scoring system, D one, he's the winner. I mean that that's just how it is. At one point, Benny Klauser had won three bracelets and wasn't even technically eligible to win Player of the Year because he didn't have enough cases. Yeah, he also have to be a minimum threshold five cashes, right, it's five or six.
Speaker 2: One or the other.
Speaker 1: But he would like I think, you know, it's like he had three cashes and three bracelet wins or whatever, and you know it wasn't technically eligible until he hit that cash threshold. So I find it interesting the Play of the Year because it seems like every year a good portion of the one percenters, the Deeps, the helm Use, the Negroan New's josh Aria, like all these guys, they always rant and rave about Player of the Year, and yet the scoring system probably needs work. I think it needs work. I don't know exactly how I would do it, but I think it does need some sort of fine tuning. So there's that. Also the fact that you don't really get anything. I mean, you get I think you obviously get a banner, and you get I think a ten k seat to the end.
Speaker 3: Of a say, and you do get a trophy. Deep did show me his trophy? Yes, I mean it's not like a bracelet. It's literally just a trophy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it may be cool. I make it a bracelet to be honest.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I don't think so. No, but I think you should. I think with as it's pretty clear that all these players, and they're they're pretty top tier players, carry crap ton about this. Yeah, And I would say that the WSOPE cares enough because they obviously want to celebrate it by putting a banner. The only other people that get banners are THESTREMIINU event winners, right, So I just think they need to They need to add more to this and maybe now we get that under the GG poker umbrella right where they dedicate some funds to it. They make it more of a leaderboard thing. They make the tracking better and more out there and more efficient where it's more readily available instead of people trying to figure it out on the fly, like where do I have to cash? What are the points? What's this? What's that?
Speaker 3: You know, there's no reason why with the new app we can't have you know, basically live tracking. You know, we can have a live leadable the app, you know, and maybe that's coming. Maybe they didn't want to just be like have too many things with the app, you know, with its first year at the World Series here in Vegas at least, But that I think is good. I think you know, WSP itself, whether it's through their social media or the editorial website, needs more updates on it, you know, ideally daily updates plus so like lots of social posts. You know, this person just finished fifth, he now moves into second or something. You can make it a storyline yourself. If you just let it live, it's gonna be much harder to really generate that interest.
Speaker 1: I mean, there should be a tab within the app. Yeah, and you can go and it has that leaderboard and like you said, it's it's much more lives. And as soon as somebody busts out and you know, it goes into the verification because when you bust out in the app, it does say like need to verify whatever. It says for a second until it gets very It takes a few minutes, it gets verified whatever, then it's in there. I mean, once that happens, it should feed through the points.
Speaker 3: But it also should be in the payouts, you know, like on the WSP website when they used to have the live updates, they used to have the payout and have to have the points you would get. There's no reason why that couldn't be. Serhaps so when people are looking, because that's you know, obviously house players, but viewers and fans, they're looking although, what's this, what's this third column here? What's this points? And then you start like, you know, digging deep kind of like what we do with ours. We know, we have our payouts, we have the prizes, and we have the PGT points and you know, it does generate that interest. My one thought on Player of the Year outside of all this, and you know, the changing the points formula is a big Pandora's box. I don't know if we want to get into because this is so many points for them.
Speaker 2: Was what's correct?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: How should they overvalue things? But I think it needs one more online result. You have thirty three bracelet of online bracelet events and and you have not you have one hundred live bracelet events, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean clearly they want to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like it's not enough of it. I don't think it's the right percentage. I'm not saying it needs to be like, like, you know, an equal percentage. I think one more online cash would be kind of fair. So it's eight and two. I think that's kind of the best way because I think you need to still provide value to.
Speaker 2: Online or just have an online leader work.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean it is tricky. It's tricky. Yeah, I don't I don't exactly. I don't exactly know what to do. You know, I would have to think about a little bit more. I personally, I lean that online should count in full, like you should be able to get thirty three cashes from online, you know, or whatever. Just and my reasoning is that it has never been told to us that online bracelets are not equal to live bracelets. I mean, I know people joke out there that they say this is a fake bracelet. This isn't a fake bracelet, like you know whatever. But as far as WSP's concerned, a bracelet is a bracelet. It doesn't matter if you win it in fucking Antarctica or if you win it in Las Vegas at the Horseshoe. A bracelet is a bracelet, Okay, So if a bracelet is a bracelet, then aren't all things equal. Isn't an online event a one K plo online event the same as one K at the series, It's the same thing. Brace is a bracelet, And some some might argue I think there's a fair argument that online is harder to win generally speaking at I mean, I don't I don't know exactly how it compares for the summer, because I think everything gets a little bit softer in the summer, But generally speaking, online has always been thought to be harder than live across all across everywhere, But then you have.
Speaker 2: To factor in field sizes and stuff.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm saying, but still everywhere like it, online is considered to be harder than live, right, you know they say like, yeah, one hundred dollars tournament online is like a one k live. So if you went a one k online or deep got second in that online event, what was the buy in five hundred? So what's that three k live? You know? It's like so I don't know. I just I'm kind of I don't kind of bouncing all over the place with this, but yeah, I just generally think that first and foremost, I think just like getting it in the app and making it a little bit more front and center, and fixing the efficiency aspect of the points. It should be the priority. Right If you want to keep the criteria and the scoring the same, I'm fine with that. And honestly, everyone knows going in Like Phil Helmuth had, you know, a tweet he kind of went at Deep like the whole thing, and it's like you knew going into the summer. Everyone knows going into summer, these are the points. This is what counts. There's this many live events account, there's this many online events account. This is how it is. Everyone knows that. So what's the big deal. If that's how it is, then adjust your schedule and your play accordingly, which I think is probably Deep's biggest advantage. He understands the how in terms of winning Player of the Year better than everyone, and he caters his schedule and his play to achieving player of the year, like that's his goal now along the way. That can come with money, that can come with cashes, that can come with bracelets, et cetera. But he's ultimately trying to win Player of the Year. So he's doing whatever it takes to win Player of the Year. Other people are not necessarily out like that. Like I don't think Benny Glasser is out to win Player of the Year like he's out to I think win bracelets. And this is just me guessing, but I think he's out to win bracelets and then if Player of the Year comes with it, great, whereas Sean Deep is almost the other way. I'm out to win Player of the Year and stamp my you know, put my stamp on HI or history that way, winning multiple SB Player of the Year titles and if you know, yes, a natural side effect of that is you're probably gonna win bracelets. But there's also a world where like Deep cat has ten second places and he's able to win Player of the year and he doesn't win a bracelet a given year, right, So I just think that everyone can. You can kind of cater what you want to go after every single summer and and deep clearly goes after Player of the Year in my opinion, And you know, so don't complain about it when you have the option to do that yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it shows that how he nearly won two bracelets while the main event Day one's were going because he won the payloa and then he finished second. He won two bracelets and really stamped his Player of the Year while Day one of the main event was still going. So yeah, he does everything Tyler towards Player of the Year. That's what he cares about. And I don't think we can really knock anything to do, you know with this years when.
Speaker 1: On my bone to pick is with the way that it's kind of pushed out and marketed after the fact, Like the press really said that he cashed eighteen live bracelet events, six online bracelet events, reached five file tables, one of seventh career bace of blah blah blah. But all of that doesn't count towards Player of the Year. Sure, but it's still what he did though, I understand, but I feel like I feel like it should be outlined, like what he did to achieve Player of the Year, because in a way, I feel like if you just kind of skim things and no one reads things in full, everyone skims, ye, right, if you skim, And the biggest skim is along these lines. If you just look at the social media posts that they did, they had an image of Sean Deep and they put on that image, right, like the achievements that he had, which are twenty four cashes, five final tables, one bracelet, So you would you might think if you just saw this, if you just saw that, and on social media, and we know how people scroll these days, they have an intention span of a mesquite of a gnat, like it's just they're all over the place. So you see that, you say, oh, like he cashed twenty four times, he racked up cashes, he made five pound tables, whatever, but not all that stuff counted.
Speaker 2: So it's incorrect as well.
Speaker 1: Well, what I don't care if it's incorrect or not. Like I'm just saying, like, we put the caps on things. The dove has to be put the caps on things. But then they're celebrating the thing in.
Speaker 2: Full, I don't have so much.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's like a disconnect. Yeah, I think you should just celebrate it in the context of what the criteria is, because then it then it makes it I think a little bit more connected to like this is how you win Player of the Year. Yeah, that's my slight bone to pick there, but whatever. I think the big thing is, you got to get in the app. You got to get that. You got to get this stuff updated quickly so people can sweat like right away, you know. I think that would be certainly a lot of fun to haven't And I would guess because of what we saw the first year of the app and how there was a lot of updates along the way and things were changing and getting better. You know, it was great out of the gate, and then it got better throughout. I think we'll see a lot more improvements even still for for next year in years to come, and I think that this is probably one of them. All right, next topic, biggest winners. I put winners in quotes on our rundown because you can kind of think of this, how you want I put down a bunch maybe you can add to to things. But these are biggest quote unquote winners not named Michael the Grinder, miss Rocky.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And my reasoning is that I think I don't know who said it, Yeah, kind of like I don't. I don't. I don't remember who said it, and it might have actually been Shawnee, but I can't remember exactly. So forgive me if you're out there and I'm butchering this. But somebody said, like shawnde one w S Player of the Year, but the twenty twenty five divis a p will be remembered for Michael mcrocky. Yeah, like you know, so what So that's what I mean, Like the quote unquote winners, the storylines, like when we think back on you know, let's say twenty years from now, say remember that, remember the year when Michael mcrocky did this, right, and then and then you're gonna say, like that was also the year that this happened. And that's the list that I'm trying to like, also the year that Benny Glasser won three bracelets, you know, like that sort of stuff, right, Like that's what we're gonna get at here. My kind of notes that I put down here. Sina Okamoto won the WSP Ladies Championship after finishing first the year before, so she goes back to back and then the year before that finishes second. Like that's gonna be something We're gonna remember the time Sheina Oka Goodo went second first first, You remember that, like that shit was crazy? Remember the time when Leo Marguetz finished seventh in the WSB main event for one point five million buck's a thirty year trend. There no woman at the at the final table. Seth Davies won his first bracelet. You know, I think this one is me using a little bit of editorial license because it's kind of in the context of how good Seth Davies has been the past two year and a half to two years. He's won everything under the sun. He's probably won twenty million dollars in the past two years or something ridiculous. So, you know, just that cherry on the top of his first bracelet, and the fact that it came in the two hundred fifty k Super high Roller, which is an event that he you know, would probably want to win more so than anything else. I mean obviously that ever main event, but you know, we always put that to the side. Martin Cabrel summer. I mean, we're certainly going to remember that summer, all the antics, the colorful stuff, you know. Whatever he wins the mini main event, he's challenging for WSB Player of the Year throughout, like he's on the rail when Sean Deep was making those runs, like, you know, having like the banter and the competitiveness with Deep the whole time. I personally feel like he won over a ton of fans. I think I feel like last year he was clearly a villain last summer, two summers ago, whatever that was, but the whole fake card marking and you know, all that sort of stuff. But this year, I feel like he certainly won over the fans. Andrew Ostupchenko, we already talked about him, but this one I think is certainly going to get overlooked had that second in the twenty five K, won the bracelet in the five K, Like I feel like this is I personally have always felt Andrew ossup Chenko was a very very good player, and he's known within the poker circle. But I feel like this is one of those summers where you win a boatload of money, you know, more than two million dollars and it's gonna be like, yeah, that was his his breakout. Like that was when people started to really recognize andre Osupchenko. Alex Foxen fourteen cashes for more than four million dollars, I mean every day, this guy was just going deep. Blajerry Off, I mean you want to talk about breakout, Yeah, players from the WSP, this guy was. No one knew that this guy was. I mean maybe Patrick Landard knew who this guy was. Other than that blajerry Off. He wins the twenty five K six Max. Then he wins the fifteen hundred dollars Stud High Low. So two bracelets for bla Jerry Off out of nowhere, out of absolutely nowhere, which is very cool. So shout out to blag breakout WSIP. Hopefully we see you win embracelets for years to come. Brian Rast another incredible year for Brian Rass won the ten k ras he got second the twenty five k horse that's the one we just talked about that had east Sledge one and he had fourteen cashes overall. Nick Schulman he won the ten k Nolan MEDUSA seven and then he gets inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame. I mean pretty cool summer for Nick Schulman. Joo Vieira won the Hunter, K got a fourth and a fifth as well. David Odb Baker shout out to odb first in the Senior's high Roller for six hundred and forty six K almost wins another bracelet in another five K, third in that one that andros Upchenko won for two hundred and eighty three K. Benny Glauser, I mentioned him at the top. You know, he had those three bracelets. We've talked about him throughout. Victor Blam had a great summer second, fourth, fifth, six tenth. I would kind of put him on like an honorable mention list, you know, very good year. But the thing with Victor and like why didn't put him on, Like why would consider him more honorable mention than not? Is because the story with Victor Blam was is he gonna get his first bracelet and he ultimately didn't. So I feel like that one falls short a little bit. Yeah, now he had a very very good summer and he's gonna win a bracelet and probably any of them in his career, but this summer not not yet. Daniel Legrandu, I mean this guy was like deep every day, Yeah, second, fourth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, fifteenth, just about.
Speaker 2: Online as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean just just crushed. I mean that's another thing. By the way, we talked about fixing the Player of the Year, So they got to fix the online, Like it's got to get the results out there. You got to get you got to talk about it more, put it out like what you had no idea what was going on online? Phil Ivy had a fifth to sixth, the sixth and ninth another really good year for him. So so yeah, you know, all things considered, those are kind of my like, you know, yeah, Michael Mrocky did this SHAWANDE one Player of the Year and that caused that whole stir. But this is also what happened from this summer. I mean, all of this stuff collectively, including the miss Rocky, including SHAWNDE winning Player of the Year, Like this is one of the best of yssipes ever, if not the best of hisipy ever. From like a headline storyline.
Speaker 3: Perspective, Yeah, I'll throw it one more in there. It's probably not as big as this, but I think it needs to be. Josh for media. Two bracelets, both online but both live, like one of those hybrid events crazy. He won two a couple of years ago, so he has four bracelets already. Obviously he has the WSP main event found table, And when we're talking overlooked, no one probably has any idea about that. So that's probably pretty pretty big thing. It's not gonna be even remembered at all when it comes to this World Series, but it's just something that we want to talk overlooked results.
Speaker 1: I think that one is for sure, that one's definitely yeah, yeah, this was. This was simply an incredible WSP from start to finish. So those are some quote unquote winners that that might be overlooked, but that we're always going to remember for some truly incredible accomplishments. I'm sure we miss some. I'm sure we missed a whole bunch. So if we did, you guys know the drill. You can send us a post on Twitter, you can email us, podcasts at PokerGO dot com, you can do whatever. Let us know, you can comment on this YouTube video. Let us know. You know, forgive us if you're a player and we overlooked you. But yeah, there was there was just so much stuff happen all summer long, and it was. It was truly incredible from start to finish. So shout out to everyone who had a great, great great summer twenty twenty five Doubasippy stats. This was per the WASIP press release, two hundred and forty six thousand, nine hundred and sixty total entries. That is an all time record. Now they also had the most events ever, but it wasn't that big of an increase over last year. Last year was ninety nine live events. This year was one hundred live events, so it's not like they went from ninety nine to one hundred and twenty, right, So I think having a seven point five percent increase there is really really good. They had two hundred and twenty nine thousand, five hundred and ninety nine last year, so that's very good.
Speaker 3: Those are added though, like six days of play, so we have to sure in those those the bigger field events. So I think that Matt has been Yeah, that still still it's it's still impressive.
Speaker 1: Twy four hundred and sixty nine entries per event. Last year was twenty three hundred and nineteen, so the average event size grew by six point five percent. I just talked about the the overall increase was seven point five percent in entries, So I think it's a real increase in demand. I think is a good way to categorize it. I don't just think it's it's schedule inflation. I think they did a really good thing, you know, all things considered. I did not see if that was if that two hundred and forty six nine and sixty includes the online stuff. I don't think it does, but I don't I could be wrong. I have some questions for you.
Speaker 2: Sure, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So two hundred and forty six thousand plus entries almost two hundred and forty seven thousand entries, so there's clearly still a ton of demand for the w S a P. I mean, what do you think drove the demand? Like, is this kind of where you thought numbers would come in? Did you see this think that there would be an increase? I know, if you want to, you know, rewind and before the summer, you and I thought kind of like, maybe there's the travel stuff from international, maybe there's this, maybe there's that. So you know, what are your thoughts when you see and hear those numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it felt like the travel stuff by the end of it didn't we stopped talking about it pretty early on.
Speaker 2: Obviously probably did have a factor. It's hard to tell on us.
Speaker 3: We could look at those, you know, unique country numbers, that'd be a better indication of if that really affected out those I wish we could, yeah, if that really affected the entrance. I think there's a lot of things when it comes to these numbers. Focus growing here in America, it's burning. One key thing, and I think it maybe slightly.
Speaker 1: Are you sure it's booming. I think it's because if you look on social media, people think it's absolutely like dead. It's we need to get it on ESPN and all.
Speaker 3: This sort of stuff. ESPN's also free as well. I think one key thing, and this would be nearly impossible to quantify a bit. You got to look at like the cryptocurrency market and the stock market. And what I say by that is you look at the bitcoin prices.
Speaker 1: Up only huh up only? What do you mean up only? Those things only go up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like what I mean is world series. This is bigcoin. Bitcoin is about one hundred k starting woph.
Speaker 1: Mart, It's bitcoin. It's the dovers f only.
Speaker 2: Bigcoin was about one hundred k.
Speaker 3: The side of the world series last year at the same time it was about sixty K.
Speaker 2: Now, did that affect our schedules? Yours and mine?
Speaker 3: Not at all, right, but I'm sure it affected a lot of people's, you know, amount of events they played, how much liquidity they had, saying with the stock market, obviously stock market's probably a bit more of an influence on you and me's money, and that's up. But that really didn't change my decisions. But when you're talking two hundred and forty thousand entrants, I'm sure it had some weight in the bullets they were playing. And then the big thing, and also another thing that will be hard to quantify is just the app the East the Reebui right, like the quick to just get in straight away and I have to wait in lines. Now, if they were able to take the winnings to go straight into the app, I think that would even increase numbers more because you could cash the twenty five.
Speaker 1: K, So you could do that. I thought you could do that.
Speaker 3: You still have to go and do you have to go to the cage?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're saying like you had to go to that room? They would say how do you want it? Yeah, and then you can say I want automatically deposited. Let's say I cash for Let's say I played a one k and cash for ten k and there was a ten k six bax, I should just be able to go buy in with the ten k and not actually I have to go to the red.
Speaker 3: Now that might not make much of a difference. Could be talking you know, minu percentage points. But those little things going forward, those kind of things will dictate kind of the growth of those kind of overall numbers.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. The THESP plus app was a big element in all of this. I just think the ease of it all. Yeah, there was no lines. Stration seemed extremely fluid. You know, a couple of clicks of the button, you know, once you get in and you know, do the sign of process registration, dump your money and all that sort of stuff. Very very very simple. I think we talked a little bit about what we want from you know, the WSP app going forward, you know, with Player of the Year and stuff like that. You just mentioned the payout thing, any other like upgrades, scalability items, you know, what would you like to see in terms of like the WSP plus app evolution, because I think it's pretty clear now having been through a full summer with it, that this is such an important element of everything as it relates to the ws BE going forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're really good at making changes on the fly and edits on the fly and listening to people's whether it was complaints or suggestions. So very confident in the app going forward. Outside of those points we've kind of said, outside of money automatically deposit, I'm not really sure right now what could be added, but I'm sure.
Speaker 1: You got link WSP dot com online and the app.
Speaker 3: It should all be like the bankrolls, you mean, like the cash like I feel like it should all be linked. Yeah, that's actually probably a good idea, but there's probably some potential Novada gaming in that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, oh, real names. You gotta have real Yeah, the real names. I think you should be real names. Doesn't need real fight, but real names one hundred percent. There's probably some small design things that you know, I know, kind of grinted your gears with size of the fonts and stuff. So then maybe there's some more customer mobility where you can, like, you know, on your phone, how you can go old man mode and get really big, or you can go really small. Maybe that maybe you can have zoom like bigger Finn or smaller fund as an option for users.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. More stats from the WSP press release as it wrapped up the summer more than four hundred and eighty one million dollars in total prize money. That's the most amount of total prize money awarded in wsity history. Of course, that makes sense given the fact that they had the most entries ever thirty seven thousand, three hundred and eleven places paid, so that is the highest number of unique payouts in Wissippi history. Forty three is the number of one million dollars or greater prizes one across the twenty twenty five series. The Millionaire Maker event attracted almost twelve thousand entries nine hundred and ninety six. That set a record for the largest buy in fifteen hundred dollars event in live tournament poker history. That's pretty freaking incredible. The Mid Stakes Championship got three thousand, seven hundred and ninety seven entries, becoming the largest three thousand dollars buy in field ever. Very very cool there. The Mystery Bounty PLO event two hundred and eighty four entries. That's freaking enormous. I just forgot how big some of these numbers are. That established itself as the largest PLO field in live tournament poker history. That's pretty ridiculous. Fifty Seven events exceeded two million dollars prize pool, that's an all time record for the series. Nine events exceeded a ten million dollar prize pool. That's also in all time record. They had a record field size in the Ladies Championship that was won by Sina. Okay, go to that's right, baby, one thousand and three and sixty eight entries there. Which event surprised you the most with its size or prize pool. You can go either up or down. I don't care where you go with it.
Speaker 3: I think it was going to do like more of a group event, and that was the multi flight lower Byance.
Speaker 2: I really thought we.
Speaker 3: Were going to get kind of astronomical numbers with the additional flights, and you know, we talked about it a lot this World Series and how you throw out the first flight and the other three flights are pretty unpower for what they did the previous years.
Speaker 2: But going into the.
Speaker 3: World Series, I thought Oh my god, they're basically adding a second last flight. So I thought we were going to see, you know, twenty percent increases in all of those, kind of the Colossus, the Monster stack, the one came Misterry banning all of them.
Speaker 2: But we didn't get that.
Speaker 3: So although some of them went up, that was a guess a little bit of a surprise to me. You know, we were kind of pretty bullish on those high roles. Some of them absolutely crushed, but yeah, pretty much those lower buying multipliers were the most surprising to me.
Speaker 1: You were in the trenches every single day. Of course, other than that, they you went to go play soccer or something on one day one morning, one morning, What did you notice about the player demo, you know, the people that were there. Did you see a shift? Did you see a lot of younger players, more women, more international I personally feel like I didn't feel like I saw as many internationals throughout the totality of the series. But what stuck out to you the.
Speaker 2: Land of the Rising Sun.
Speaker 3: Okay, what the Japanese the common I felt like there was just more of those.
Speaker 1: I mean, those guys are really really good.
Speaker 3: More of the Japanese players than ever there was just more kind of you know, whether it was South Koreans or just players from Asia in general, that kind of stood out to me. Maybe that was because like we didn't see as many Europeans or something, but to me, that was the thing that stood out the most was just the heavy influx of Japanese players, and you know, South Koreans, a bunch of other you know from there, but yeah, the Japanese players just seemed to be everywhere and crushing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I played with a lot of the Japanese players specifically in the main event, and they were very, very very good. The main event itself. Now that one did dip three point seven percent down from last year, my thoughts really not alarming.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I said that going in, if it dips a tiny bit, it's not that big of a deal. At the end of the day, it was still well over nine thousand entries, which I think is absolutely incredible for a ten thousand dollars buy and freeze out. I still think overall the demand is there. You know, I wouldn't sweat this if I was the w s AP. Now that comes with the fact that if we do start seeing a downward trend, and it starts, you know, stacking up year after year after year, Then okay, then there's cause for concern. But you know, I think we were the WS minimum was probably a head of pace the past two years, and then this year, you know, it had some pullback a little bit of regression there, but but nothing really to get alarmed by at all. You know. But again, if you know, if next year it's like ninety three hundred, the year after that it's close to nine, then it dips into the eight's, okay, then then there's like something that might need to be addressed there. But for right now, you know, I don't think in any way, shape or form, we should be alarmed about this.
Speaker 3: What say you, I don't think we need to be alarmed at all. I agree kind of with everything you said. The one thing we talked about a lot, and I'm just double checking the numbers, but we saw a heavy increase in.
Speaker 2: Day two entry this year.
Speaker 3: Even though the numbers went down, the field size went down, those day two entries went up quite significantly. One was up it's like twenty five percent, the other one was up a bit less than that. On those two flights. So I honestly think with the way the Vegas schedule is. When I say that, I'm talking Venetian when aria all these competing casinos, that the day two registration is going to keep increasing, and the fact that, like, you know what, this main event is a slug. You know, we when I busted, right, you had played pretty much fourteen more hours than me right when we got in, and we both pretty much made the money with about the same chips back. And then obviously you went on to do pretty well.
Speaker 1: But I think one hundred and sixty third best player in the world, that is correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm the two thousand and third best player, but I think that matters because, like, the main event is a slog, and you know, saving fourteen hours probably helped me a lot, plus you throwing all these other events that people are playing. So I think that will be a trend that goes that continues to increase going forward. But yeah, I don't think we should be alarmed. You know, it's not a massive drop off shadow massive. You know, you could easily go back up to ten thousand next year. It could go down to ninety four hundred maybe, who knows. I don't think that's too much of a concern for the WSP.
Speaker 1: My early prediction as it goes up for next year, that's my early, early, early, way way way too early prediction that.
Speaker 3: I will say we definitely hit ten thousand next year. Okay, twenty five k Before we move on to well, just before we close this things, want to wrap up some live streaming numbers. You know, live streaming for the WSP's always talked about quite a lot this year. Did some calculations today. We had three hundred and forty three hours of WSP coverage, most we've ever done. Last year was three hundred hours, so you.
Speaker 1: Needed forty three hours more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know we had those extra main event tables and stuff that's all kind of included. But yeah, we did a decent amount of streaming, so it's pretty I just wanted to kind of mention that everyone says we don't streaming off film. I mean, we've been going off every year. So just like WSP numbers go up stream out, I mean.
Speaker 1: You kind of cook the numbers there, Nah exact you just admitted to cooking the books.
Speaker 2: How do I cook the books?
Speaker 1: You said we had multiple tables, meaning if we had three tables going for eight hours you're doing twenty four hours. That's no, buddy, you don't do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can't cook the's I'm not cooking the books. That's the books live on the podcast book. Yes, that's a stream. We stream that table.
Speaker 1: If you guys ever think that we are like messing with you and we're not, honest, I'm just calling him out on his bullshit for the same company that I.
Speaker 2: Work for, books being cooked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly cooking the books there as it relates to the streaming numbers, but still pretty good streaming overall. I still want us to get to a point where we don't take a day off. No days off.
Speaker 2: Yeah we didn't, Yeah, but today this year we did.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: It was had to get those fathers to they schedule. It was legitimately nothing we could. We got the final table.
Speaker 2: Wise we can figure it out.
Speaker 3: If we had a bit more help from WSP where we could just you know, move some stuff, then we would have been fine.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I agree nowadays.
Speaker 1: Though, sure, twenty five K fantasy that's what we were going to talk about next Team b t G. I believe that's sponsored by Phil Gelfond, involved with Phil Golf on his new behind the game brand. They win it all twelve hundred and seventy nine points. Team Lady Gaga Ren's linting we should have let him draft Jeremy Osmas and then he wouldn't want finished in second place for eleven hundred and seventy nine. Interesting that Team Lady Gaga has been on a bit of a run here. They finished second to us when we won it two years ago. Now they finished second again. Team Hands Some Horses that was Phil Sternheimer and Patrick Leonard's team third place, eleven hundred and fifteen points. Team Dinkers believe they won it last year. Yeah, they seem to be very very good Drafters fourth place, and then we mentioned that Team Liaison, headed up by Andrew Stupchenko. His final win in that five k event at the very end of the devasit be allowed them to get into fifth place and cash there. We finished in a whopping at twentieth place. Absolutely freaking crushed. We got crushed, Not that we crushed, we got crushed. Listen, Stevensong crusher. He's going to go for sixty dollars next year, and he just finished like third in the Seminal Hard Rock Poke ropin maybe second I can't remember what that he finished. Seth Davies did extremely well for US. Yeah, Nico milgrin N also did very very well for US. You know, they pretty much carried the team. Uri Reichenstein I think did very well as well. He came out of the gate hot. We got him super cheap. He was effectively a one dollar player for US. He offered a lot of good support. There were certainly some moments where he should have had some bigger scores. A few things broke his lessons. They should have but could have had some bigger scores should a few things broke his way. John Shortman also, you know, offered some good support. You know, I think he could have also had a bunch of deep runs as well. He ultimately finished with twenty four points. He had a boatload of cashes, a bunch of deep runs, seventeen cashes, you know, and just a bunch of kind of deep runs and then things kind of fell apart in the end. So, you know, Johnny Shuman, he'll be back. Of course, Osmas did not perform, of course, but listen, I'm fine with it, you know. I know it's easy to say, like, yeah, we're never drafting Osmas again, blah blah blah whatever. No, I mean the guy. My big thing is that he showed up every single FAA day. He had a smile on his f and face, and he did his thing. And yeah, things didn't break his way because there's various variants involved that happens, you know, So it is what it is. Still a big fan of Jeremy Osmas. I would certainly draft him again, so you know, you guys can take that for what you want going into next year. Maybe we'll buy him for one hundred and forty one again, maybe we won't, but uh yeah, tbd. Tommy Coral and Boris Angelov horrible picks pass just just horrible. I mean they they didn't perform at all. They had ten points between them.
Speaker 3: Temmy Carle four cashes at the WSC, Boris Angelov three WSP cashes. Right, but he had nine cashes outside of the World Series, including a win and a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know he had a very good summer. He had a very bad WSFP. You know. Ultimately, those are just the breaks. Those are kind of the gambles you take when you're you're buying one dollar players like this. So it is what it is I would say that my co owner and I Mickey Doff, need to reevaluate the Tommy Coral and Boris Angelov picks.
Speaker 3: Who were the other options? And where would have that kind I can't even remember. I mean, that's obviously you need a lot of points to get in the money.
Speaker 1: And now that I mean there there are a few people that were that were on our list for like to fill these like kind of roster spots. Yeah, not that they're necessarily one dollar players, but like a Scott Bowleman, right, but like Scott Bowman told us, I think it.
Speaker 2: Was he said he was playing the same schedule as.
Speaker 1: Ye, but I think he said, like if I wasn't worth a dollar last year, I'm not worth a dollar this year, or something like that. And it's like, what the heck am I supposed to take with that company?
Speaker 2: He's so I.
Speaker 1: Would have I don't know, you know, I don't know. And then he obviously has an incredible summer.
Speaker 2: Four hundred points.
Speaker 1: I mean he he I don't think he had a four hundred points worth of a summer, but.
Speaker 2: You need four hundred points.
Speaker 3: I wondering if he if he trade Carl for someone that you were likely to pick does it get you in the money? Let me look through the uh three.
Speaker 1: So Scott Bowman was one of those guys that we kind of at least initially, you know, we put together our list and then we and then based on the list, we try and reach out to all them. Right, So he was someone who had on our list and then we reach out and then we got that comment and it's like, well, I don't know exactly know how to read that situation. So yeah, so there's that. So we ended up not drafting him. Ryan Hoenig was also on our list, ends up going for fifty two dollars like we thought he was. He might not be on anyone's radar. Maybe we get him for on fifteen to twenty. We might be battling with one of the Florida teams or whatever. This one is somebody who's always been on my list. Thomas Taylor how many points again? One hundred and eighty four crafted for seven bucks, right? I mean that that one's kind of a one where I'm kicking myself. Matt Vangren another one we kind of have on our short list. He goes for nine scores, one fifty eight. You know. So it's like we clicked A when we should have clicked B. You know, it's like those sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Even switching those two players doesn't get you in the money. So it's not like no building, it's all, you know, we just have to blame Masmas. He's dead to us.
Speaker 1: He's definitely not dead to me. He's definitely not dead to me. Let me look who I had Renjie Mao on my list as well. Huh, you would never get Renjie killing one for nine dollars, and he went to Jeff Platt and Brent Hanks. They were bidding with him, then they ended up not He scored one hundred and twelve. He was certainly on our list. We had Calvin Anderson on our list. This is one where like we had Calvin Anderson on our list. I think Calvin Erson invested in our team through poker's take, and you know, so he told us a lot of insight. He ultimately went for fifty one. We weren't going to go I think above thirty on him, so we let him go and then he scores one hundred and four. So going for fifty one, you probably have to score a little bit more than one hundred and four. So even though technically we missed out on getting one hundred and four points from him, Yeah, like he didn't meet like where he should have been value wise or like you know, points for value. So so that's not like a horrible pass from us, right, Dario Alioto. I mean we wanted him back, but he goes for a lot more. I mean just the generational one dollar pick from us last year, he goes for twenty five. This year, you know, scores eighty nine. So he was, you know, somebody we ultimately had to pass on because we weren't going to go that high, like we were. We were big on John Reardon, the King. We were for sure going in. Our first plan was let's get Jeremy Osmas, Let's get John reard in, like that's who we want. And then Jard Rearden goes for fifty four, but thank god we didn't get him because he only scores forty eight. Yeah, so like it's you know, it's like one, it's like that's that was a good situation that ultimately happened to us, not that we you know, we ultimately passed. And I think we were I think we were priced out to be honest at that point, like we could only have once we spent one forty one on on Ozmas. We could only go so high on Reordan, so we ultimately had to pass. But if we let's say we got Reordan for you know, let's say forty five or whatever the heck the number was that we could have matched out on him, then we have Ozmas and Reordan. They both do horrible for us, and it just doesn't work out right. So, you know, it can kind of go go either way. I'm just quickly scanning through if there's anyone else on here. Adam Owen was somebody else that we were kind of high on going in, you know, Adam Owen. He was somebody who he used to be on my list years ago, and then he kind of just like fell out the face of the earth, Like he didn't really see him around. He didn't seem like he was playing much. But then he kind of had a sort of a resurgence the last year year and a half, he had a big score I believe it was in the mid Stakes championship last summer. Gave him a pretty hefty bankroll, you know, for the rest of the year, so he was somebody who was now back on our radar, but he was obviously back on other people's seems radar because he goes for twenty two, but then he only scores twenty three. So you know, that's that's one where us not getting him was probably better than us getting him. So you know, there's a lot of that, so you can go, what if we did this, what if we did that, you know, all that sort of stuff. It's like like, I know, some people were like invested in our team and they're like, well, you didn't have to get Ozma's for you know whatever one one. You could have had Negron New for one oh eight and neg scored two sixty nine. I said, well, if that was the case, then we likely would have got John Reardon, who would have only scored forty eight. So it's like, you know, so it's like then then we lose. Then we lose Set Davies, let's say, right, who scored over one hundred, So we actually you know, lose points there. So maybe Davy scored one thirty one, so maybe yeah, maybe the combo of negran New and Reordan nets out more than Osma's and Davies, But it's not anything like meaningful that's gonna like get us in the money. So like it's it's you know, there's so many different you can't just say, like what if we got this person versus that person, because with what we spent on Osmas, if we had spent less on a deep or negran new and we had that more money than maybe we get some of these other players that ultimately didn't pan out. Right, So it's you know, it's it's a whole big give and of take. There's a whole bunch of you know, moving parts here. So anyway, we'll be back at our next year. Of course, you know, we won this thing two years ago, so it is certainly possible, and uh yeah, I can't wait for it. The twenty five K Fantasy is one of my absolute favorite things of the summer. Every single year. You got a code word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a little while, so we're gonna code word as a reminder us him and me.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess.
Speaker 3: Plus the company, we're giving you guys at home chance to win a seat into the PGT million dollars Championship. You can play with some of these guys we're going to probably we've just talked about someone about to talk about. But yeah, you get to compete in our PGT Million dollars Championship by winning a dream seat. And all you do is just listen to us the end of the contest. Put in the code code word gives you extra tickets. Basically, go to PGT dot com slash dream dush Seat. All our contests are there, got another one. We're adding maybe another one down the road too. But you got to gleam, you enter a you know, you do the retweets, you do all this kind of stuff. But this week's code word, it's going to get you ten raffle tickets. Team BTG, So the winner of twenty five k fantasy Team BTG all one words, seven letters. Put that in you'll get some extra tickets. Yeah, we want to give one of our loyal listeners chance to sit in here in the studio, play with Danian Agrano, play with Jeremy Osmas, play with our fox and play Christen Foxon, potentially take on some money, represent us. You know, put on that podcast hat. So yeah, do that. There's a lot of other stuff you can do to try and win a seat. But yeah, PGT dot com sas stream dash Seat all the contests there, all the information there. I think October thirty first is when we're ending it, is that right youtub couple months left. So yeah, we're gonna definitely try and ramp up the pods, ramp up the code words to give you guys, the loyal listeners, more chance to uh to get in there and win that seat.
Speaker 1: And then speaking of winning seats, we have partnered with True Classic this year for an event coming up towards the end of the year, likely going to take place in early December right here, right here at the studio, right here at the Poker Ro studio, and you could win a five thousand dollars package to play in that event. All you have to do is go to True Classic tas dot com slash t C Poker Girl. I know producer Rich will put it right down here on the bar something. You know, he'll do something with it. So you go to that URL and then just just follow the directions. The big thing is we want you guys out there, or mainly the True Classic guys. Ryan Bartlett, the co founder of True Classic, He wants people to tell them to tell him your poker story. So if you have an inspirational story or reason why you got into the game, all that sort of stuff. Share it, and then Ryan and the True Classic team are going to select fifteen one five fifteen winners of five thousand dollars packages. So there are seventy five thousand dollars in packages are up for grabs in this event. Okay, it's going to be like a thirty three hundred dollars buy an event. You know, probably two flights, multiple days, all that sort of stuff. So you know there's going to be fifteen qualifiers. So fifteen of you people out there, whether you're listening, whether you're watching on YouTube, you can win. That's true. Classic T's dot com slash TC Poker Go, get your entries in today. Really don't don't sleep on this one. Okay. I don't think anyone's ever given out normally when even when we do it, it's like, you know, win win one seat, win one seed, win one seed, win one seed. Tim's like win one dream sleep No, this is fifteen seats, Okay, fifteen, So you got a pretty good shot. Okay, pretty darn good shot. All right, let's move on to the p g T leader board, that is the Poker Go Tour up on top is Michael the Grinder Miss Rocky. He went from not being ranked to first yea, but he currently is ineligible. He needs a third cash. We do have a qualifying element. You have to have three PGT cases. I know you saw him during the Right Here National Heads Up Poker Championship. You let him know that he needs a third cash. He seems certainly very interested in.
Speaker 2: He said, I'll just get a third win, make it easy.
Speaker 1: He probably confident. Honestly he probably will. Okay, he probably will. So Michael Missrocky is up on top right now. Sean deeb is he was. He was also I think he was on ranked. I mean he doesn't play anything.
Speaker 2: He was un rank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he moved up to twenty sixth. Are these are like the big movers?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Michael Wang went from twoundred and sixty fifth up to twentieth. Andrew Rostupchenko We've talked about him a lot on this podcast. He went from twnar ninety six up to sixty second. Brian rast went from two thirty seven to forty third, Maxim Piezarenko two fifty three to seventy sixth. So you know there's a lot of big movers, big jumps here. Kind of one other name that sticks out to me, Phil Sternheimer. He went from ninety seventh up to tenth. He's someone who interests me. Tenth feels like you might be Lockey in terms of getting into the top forty. So is he gonna then come out for the championship.
Speaker 3: I think I'm more worried about deep down in those mid twenties. You know, Dave is twenty fifth right now with one thousand and forty four points. That's the way this, like Leada Bold's shaping out. We always talk about thousand points kind of being the thresholds. So many people just group there with like you know, one, two, like just not enough cash. Is that it's gonna it's gonna be really interesting. Is because you know, talking to Deeve, I always trying to get him here in the studio. I don't think we're going to get him here for anything, which is fine. You know, he was here for the nationals Up Championship. But he's unlikely to come out play any events. He will come out and play the free role, he said, if he makes it so, he's going to be kind of monitoring. He's gonna if I was going to have a prediction. I feel like he'll sneak in on that like last spot forty four points. It's just it's a tough it's a tough thing, especially with the people under him, Like you know, we're talking Dylan Lindy, Joey Weisman, Masato, you know, Shicky Yuek Haxton, all these guys that are definitely going to be in our studio for something. Right, So he is definitely going to get pushed down. Just how long can he hold on for?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean that makes sense, Sernheimer. I think he's pretty safe. Twelve hundred points, He's in tenth place right now.
Speaker 1: Well, my question is more like, is he going to come?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see him coming, like because he's more of mixed game guy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: He obviously plays no Lemon, he plays Pilo, but he is, you know, a mixed game guy. I don't think we see him come out for any other events but for the free roll.
Speaker 2: I you know, I think we see him come for the free roll.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you also put it in the basically players have to opt in or out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to change it for this year so that we get the full forty. I think that's the fairest thing. Obviously, someone like Jeremy Recker wish I did that last year. But hey, we're trying to always improve. This is one thing we're improving this year. We'll have to opt in and have your seat, and you know, with that, we probably will kind of have some people on standby just in case, you know, there's a there's a mis flight or something.
Speaker 2: But I think he'll come.
Speaker 3: The only tough thing for fulfilled, you know, obviously being based in like London and obviously traveling for big proger events.
Speaker 2: He's got a family.
Speaker 3: He's going to come out for the free roll and then he's gonna fly home then come out a month later for the next mix game series. So that might be a little wrink or he may be like, yeah, pre roll, you know, maybe by then he's like thirty fifth this it might not be worth it for him. So that's another one. We'll obviously pay close attention to Jeremy.
Speaker 1: So last year last season on the PGT, he was the Player of the Year, I meaning he topped the leaderboard during the regular season with the most points. Then he went on to win the PGT Million dollar championship, so the double for the Great Jeremy Osmas. He's currently ninety ninth on the leaderboard, so outside of the top forty, he's got four hundred and eighty six points. We know he's in here for all of the PGT series, playing every single event. He plays all the PLO stuff, he plays all the mixed game stuff. He'll play obviously the bigger by ins too, He'll play the smaller biens. He'll really do it all. He has eleven cashes on the PGT this season, four final tables, no wins. Now partly why he's not doing as well as last year. As last year, if you remember, during the summer he had an incredible summer. He had multiple final tables, deep runs, all in big buy in PGT qualifying events. He didn't really have that good of a summer this year. Of course, as we know, he was on our twenty five K team, so he's he's lacking those WSOP points right that helped boost a lot of these guys up the leaderboard. You know, last season, at this same point, after the WSOP, after all the ARIA high rollers in the summer, he had fourteen hundred and ninety nine points, So he's about a thousand off, a little bit more than a thousand off, and he was he had fifteen cashes last season at this point, he was in fifth place overall. So do we think Jeremy's gonna make it into the top forty.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he makes it. I think he makes it, but it's gonna he's got to grind.
Speaker 3: He that has to like win something big or he's gonna be grinding these results. Remember, you know, before he uh, there was a point at Lossie where he had gone like four hundred days that winning an event or something, and he was just getting a lot of cashes, getting a lot of seconds, thirds, fourth and fifths, but still like in the right member this year obviously not breaking that way. But I feel like he's just gotta start stringing cashes together, thirty points a time, forty points a time, and hope one of those can be piled into a nice big, you know, two hundred or three hundred point win, you know, send him right up there. I think he'll make it. I think it's going to be a sweat. He's going to be fighting, you know.
Speaker 1: Truth.
Speaker 3: And now to the very end, he's also going to stop skipping. You knows he skipped the mix game series, So I mean he's saying he would be first right now, but like, hey, you miss a series, there's obviously missing chances to win points.
Speaker 1: I mean he's I think right now he's averaging forty four points per cash. If he stays on that sort of pace, he's going to need like fifteen sixteen more cashes, which is kind of be kind of hard to do. So, like you said, I think he's gonna need I mean, that'll.
Speaker 2: Get him to SERI had twenty seven cashes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying, but right now, with with how many events are left, I'm saying he had he had fifteen at this point last year, so he's four cashes ahead of where he is. Yeah, So I'm saying, like there's just there's all you know, there's only so many events. It's like it's I'm just saying he has to he has to basically make up for it at some point, so you know, we'll see. Of course, I think he'll get in, But of course it's it's still TBD and is going to be big because there's a whole crap ton of PGT stuff that is coming up. Then s HRPO Seminal High Roller Poke Open. J Cody wins Hot Rock. What did I say, Hi?
Speaker 2: Roll?
Speaker 1: Oh? Whatever, same thing. I'm kind of freaking out because my battery is at seventeen percent.
Speaker 2: It's crazy charges.
Speaker 1: It's pretty low. I do have a charge of it's in my bag and I want to avoid like getting up and being like, hey, Rich at this time, you have to edit the video and figure this out and whatever. So let's just we're gonna try and make it through. Okay, So J Cody, you guys might remember that name, Jake Cody, Jake freaking Cody. Random Player of the Day AF Yeah, tops eight hundred and eighty nine entries to win five hundred and ten thousand dollars in the Seminal Hard Rock A Poker Open main event. I believe it's a fifty three or fifty two to fifty buying for that one. He's an EPT champ, He's a w s B bracelet winner, He's a WPT champ. He became the third triple Crown winner if you include EBT main events, WSP bracelets, and WPT titles. He's still the youngest Triple Crown winner. It took him one year, four months, and eleven days to win it. He was once, you know, during like those big I would say two thousand and nine to like sixteen, he was a big name. It was you know, he was, he was up there. He did have a big kind of results gap from twenty eighteen to twenty twenty three. There was only one cash I think it was for fifteen K in twenty nineteen. But other than that, nothing going on.
Speaker 2: I think he had a child, right, huh. I think he had a child.
Speaker 1: He might have, And I also think he like he relocated to Florida.
Speaker 2: I think he plays, and I think he used to play out of cash.
Speaker 1: I think he was focused on cash. Well now it seems like he's back in the tournament, playing a lot of stuff down at Seminole. I think last year during Semino or maybe earlier this year, one of those years, I don't know, he had a win for like ninety K or ninety five K or something like that. This win here is his third largest career score. Jeremy Wine got second, Stephen Song got third, on jelco On Drakovitz got fourth, Sean Davis got fifth, Our Linda John's sixth, jasper Ma seventh, Joseph Kurcio eighth, Big Uni ninth, Chris Unkean ninth, and Eric Kolodney got to tenth. There goes, There goes my wedding ring on the floor. The field size for this one, so this year eight hundred and eighty nine entries is up from the year before eight sixty five. But I mean this event used to get well over one thousand twenty twenty one, so coming out of the pandemic eleven eighty twenty twenty two, eleven ten, twenty twenty three, one thousand and seventy, so kind of like those slight declines for those years and then a big drop off, yeah, from one thosy seventy to eight sixty five for twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four. So just kind of interesting to point that out. I don't really have a take or lean or a big thought here.
Speaker 2: I have it take okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: It's too much on there's too many options for these players, whether the buyers, three K, five K, there's just a lot of that stuff. Now you talk about the PGT obviously, you know we use to specialize in those you know, twenty twenty one to twenty two higher stuff. Now we've obviously brought it down to fives. You know, we added Texas, so there's a three. You know, We've got an event of Venetian coming up that's another three K, and then other venues too. There's just a lot of options for players. And then you have to also throw in World Series of Poker. What I mean by that is the evolution, the increase in events at the World Series, but also just the increase of events in Vegas during the World Series. It's just so much on offer, so much money you need to spend and have, and you finish that it's July eighteenth. All you want to do is sleep and not think about poker anymore. And this is the first big series, so some people, you know, still have a bit of a WSP hangover. You know, there's also after this. There's people right now flying for EPT Barcelona. There's a series in Cyprus. There's just so much going on and that you know, people have to pick and chrus and when this series, you know, there's so many good events here at Seminole. This Big Fall is a great one, but sometimes you just got to pick one to not play, and I think that's kind of the I would say that is one of the major reasons in the decline. I think it's anything against Seminal. I think it's more against everything else that's going on tournament schedule wise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that that makes sense. I think this is one of those things where worth monitoring. You know, we'll point it out and then we'll keep an eye on and we'll see what happens next year as it relates to this. I know, they obviously do a lot of events at Seminole throughout the year, so you know, maybe a little bit of fatigue there. Yeah, for their events in general. You know, maybe I'll try and do some digging in terms of these numbers and look at them a little bit more closely, just to kind of see how they're performing over the years, not just the main event, but maybe some of the other bigger buying stuff, and you know, also look at all the Seminal events as opposed to just this one. So so yeah, we'll see how that goes. One of the biggest story stories to come out of this series was this this situation where a player got dealt three cards at the feature table Nile Costagen believe he's out of Ireland if I.
Speaker 3: Played on tam Usa in the well really Vegas. Okay, so he was.
Speaker 1: He's playing on the future table on like day two or something like whatever, and I mean, it's not the final table is my main point. And he's dealt three cards. He plays the entire hand. He raises pre flop. I think he bets flop, turning river on a king. I think it was like King ten eight turn eight river whatever. Like, he bets the whole way. He ends up getting called by King Jack. He goes to turn his hand over and he turns over three cards and immediately like starts freaking out, like he's really annoyed because of the situation. And I think he understood. He probably knows at that point that they might be killing his hand, meaning he loses the pots. It's a whole thing. Floor obviously gets called. They hear everything out. This is all on stream, by the way, you can go. You can go on to the shrpo YouTube channel and you can watch this whatever day that it was on. It happened right on the three hour fifty minute mark. So it's ruled that his hand is dead. So the player in the one seat is awarded the pot and you know, Costagens like freaking out a little bit. I mean, he claims that he thought he had well top set on the flop, turns a full house and is just betting for value the whole way.
Speaker 3: The chiographics, by the way, said he had Ace king because.
Speaker 1: The ace was the other card.
Speaker 2: He had.
Speaker 1: Ace King King is what he was dealt. So there's kind of a lot to unpack here. The first thing I'll say is that he was not in the small blind. He was, I believe, under the gun plus one. So it's not like the dealer went around the table and then went around one extra spot, dealt the button the last card, and then went one more to the small blind. No, so what happened was is two cards got stuck together. Yeah, And I mean maybe that's what happens a lot. There's sweat on someone's hands, it's humid in Florida, the cards get stuck together. You know, I think I saw I want to say it was Christian Harder said that he played on the feature table and the cards were like almost magnetic in a weird way. So maybe they're elementary are a little and I mean he quickly looked he's getting a massage like hes. I personally don't think there was any sort of issue with him, like angling or anything like that. I think it's outrageous that it's just ruled a dead hand. And I know you disagree.
Speaker 2: That's the ruling, Okay, and that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I'll say. We need to get away from the fact that rulings like this just need to be entirely black or white. I think, for probably, if I'm going to put a percentage on it, let's say eighty percent of rulings can probably be black or white. This is the rule, this is the result of that rule, like, this is what happens. I think for the other twenty percent, we should probably use our judgment. Like when people go into a courtroom the judge, here's the evidence, and the judge will sometimes say, you know what, this time, I'm going to give you a warning, sir, I know you were speeding, don't f and speed again. Drive safe home. What the heck are you doing? Like they use their judgment at times.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: If we're paying rake as players, and that RAKE is oftentimes increasing, you know, across the industry, I'm not going to speak specific to Samon, I'm just going to say across the industry, and there are generally pretty good floor people. I know that Seminole has good floor people. Yeah, like I you know, they always have really good floor people that have been around the block that know they should be able to make the judgment calls at times. Also, I think that if you in this case, you can look at the stream like I know, I know times you can look at cameras. The camera qualities for the overhead security cameras are not always the best, but the streams they're in freaking four K. Like, let's go look at the tape and see exactly what happened. It's clear that like the dealer pitched the two cards stuck together and he quickly looked. He never looks back at his hand the entire time, like it's just sitting there, he's getting a massage, like I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's also you should mention alongside that that regardless of what two CODs he uses from his hand, still wins the pot. Well, if he has the ace King, he still wins, right because it was against King King Jack.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I just I lean to give this player the benefit of the doubt. I know that there are situations where people can possibly angle in this situation, in this specific one, I feel like it's a it's a judgment call type of thing. I feel like it's a stern warning, you know, like I don't know, I just feel like just I feel like it's partly lazy on the people who generate the rules to just say, like, this is the rule, this is what we go with as opposed to installing some sort of judgment call, because like again, when we're paying Rake, we're expecting for these people to be experts to what they do, which in this case, I believe that seminal people are. Then I have confidence in them making some judgment calls in certain unique situations, very very unique situations. I will also say that just defaulting to the fact that it's on the players is ridiculous. This happened again, by the way, about twenty five minutes later, somebody was also dealt three cards, same sort of situation, Like is it just always the player's fault or like can the dealer figure out how to pitch the cards? Like can we also worry about that? You know? So it's like it's like you can't just like default be like, yeah, it's the player's fault, okay, Like to me, this is like faulty equipment. The two things got stuck together. You know how stiff RFID cards are, So like normally you peel three cards, you might be like, okay, three cards, right. We already know that RFID cards are very stiff, so if you're not used to peeling them regularly, you might just think, like, even if it feels a little bit stiffer than normal, you might just be like, well, it's RFID, they're stiff anyway. Yeah, right, So you're not gonna ever like really question it. So yeah, I don't know. And then also there's the aspect that I you know, some people out there are like, well, why didn't the card reader pick up that he had three cards? That's not how this works. Like one, there's different programs for like when you use poo and when you use hold them like, it's never going to populate four cards and hold them for a for you know, and do it like plo like, so it's not going to show three cards. Also, we always tell the players in the studio everywhere. I know they probably tell them down there, you know, you're supposed to spread your cards, put them on the reader for a couple of seconds, and then put them back. You know, so if he puts them like that, but two are still on top of each other, it's never going to read that top card, or it's never going to read one of the car it's not going to read one of the cards. So, you know, I think that's also part of it, you know. I just what I would have done is and I wouldn't have done like I think afterwards he like kind of freaked out and was like, why isn't it a chop pot? I would have just reset everything. Again, this is on stream, and this is a unique situation. I'm not saying that this result what I'm advocating for is something that should be done everywhere, because obviously that can't be done, especially when it's on non stream file tables, because then you have the issue of, like people, there's the potential that people angle more because it's not on a stream and you can't see everything. Here you can see everything. You can you know, walk it back, you can look at it, and then you can also reconstruct the pot perfectly, be like okay, everyone take the chips back. Miss deal. Let's move on, buddy. If this happens again, like not only is it a dead hand, you're getting a three round penalty like like you know that sort of thing, like like that's what I personally think should have been done, a break from the rules. Give your case.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna agree with you on the fact that you know, maybe some of these rules need to have Oh so now you agree with a bit of leniency where you can make it up to the TV's discretion. Now, I don't know what rule seminal follows, but if they're following the rule book, then the spot on. Now let's wind back to start. Whose fault is it? It's a bit of both. Bit of bout the dealers that hey it wasn't didn't make sure that that pitch was a single cup pitch.
Speaker 2: It's also on the place to get that caught.
Speaker 1: Why can it also be no one's It's just the fact that the courts.
Speaker 3: Together has to be someone's fault. You're dealing the cards. That's the point courts stuck together. Point two point two is also the players should make sure like I've been dealt three cards before playing hold of make how know I got three cards or I haven't.
Speaker 2: Been dealt a card on the button. That kind of stuff happens a lot. Now.
Speaker 3: The way the rule is written, I think it's it's completely fine because the rules are written to protect players, Okay, and I'm not saying that he is trying to angle and like you know, we've brought that up, but it's otherwise. It's written so he can't. You can't free roll someone. What I mean by that is you're dealt three cards. You oh, I've got three cards. Well, I know, let's say it's the rules written your way, we chop it. I can just free roll this play. I can just bet, bet, bet, But he calls on the end of oh I got three cards, I chop it up. I'm basically I can free roll opponent. So I'm trying. The rules are in to protect, not the guy with three cards. It's to protect the guy doesn't have three cards. And I think it's fine. I understand. I like what you're saying that. You know, like there's gonna be times where we've all played poker. We've been dealt two jacks and it comes all clubs and you know you have a black jack. You check your cards, right, there's gonna be times where you could potentially be dealt three cards and they're three aces, and you don't really think twice.
Speaker 2: You just squeeze.
Speaker 3: You might have squeezed all three, but you might have just thought you had a black ace, so you didn't think too much of it. Another time is have it if a dealer deals that second card and it's stuck under a napkin or stuck under the rail, that's.
Speaker 2: Not your fault right at all.
Speaker 3: So I definitely agree that maybe we do need some, you know, TD discretion with certain rules. This is one where you could obviously look at his hand and be like, you either had two kings for a full house, or you had ace King for two pair with the best kicker you win anyway. I don't think there's anything malicious here him arguing I'm arguing that I would have a value at Ace King.
Speaker 2: I don't think that.
Speaker 1: Also, the fact that the way that this one played out where he were in the position that he was in, we also don't know if his first card doubled up or his second card double up, but it messed up the entire world. The whole hand is off, the whole hands off, the full hand is wrong. Yeah, like it's one wrong here, but.
Speaker 3: That's just the normal thing where it's like significant action then, but it's.
Speaker 1: Not like it's not like if she would have dealt, if the dealer would have dealt all the cards and then dealt an extra card to the small blind, everyone else's hands, everyone's house. So it's a little bit different. This is like literally everyone's hand is wrong. It's just wrong.
Speaker 2: Except the blinds. Right, huh except the blinds.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends when that card. I thought you said it was his second cun I don't know if it was a second card or not. We don't know.
Speaker 3: We justly pitches to him twice. So yeah, potentially either way, you are great. Does throw off the whole hand. But then that's the other role with the significant action rule, which also.
Speaker 1: It throws off the whole hand, It throws off the flow, it throws off literally everything.
Speaker 2: As the rule is. I think it's I would also.
Speaker 1: Rather be where they reconstruct the hand, give everyone their chips back, and then issue the guy a penalty. I think that's a better ruling than him just losing the pot. Oh ok saying so I'd be like, listen, you you played the hand with three cards. Now, I can't judge intent. If I'm the TD, I can't judge intent, but I'm putting you on a one round penalty. It's it's the same thing like when when people who are beginner players they check back the river with the nuts, and we were giving people one round penalties for that. Yeah, Like, are you like you're you can't judge intent? Okay, Now some people that might have been playing with people might be like, yeah, this person's clearly new, they didn't mean it whatever, you know, but it doesn't matter. The rule is a one round penalty. We're not going to judge intent. So here I would be like, we're not going to judge intent, but because this hand is so fed up, okay, we're gonna give you a one round penalty, but you're gonna get your chips back. I think I'm not saying that that's the way that I would go. I would go with what I said first, but I'm saying I think that is better than him losing all his chips. That's where it gets like, this hand should not have happened. And I've said this before on this podcast. In situations when the hand should literally not have happened, why don't we just take it all back. We have the ability in most cases to take it all back. Yeah, So, like I don't know, like, especially in this case where it's on a stream, just take it back. Like it it seems so ridiculous that this person just loses a bunch of their chips because of some faulty equipment, like two cards got stuck together, like it just happens, you know. Yeah, Like it's that seems so ridiculous to me in a world when I'm supposed to believe that that tournament staff are experts and if that's the case, which I tend to believe, yes that is the case, then I would trust them in very very very unique situations to make a judgment call. But now if that judgment call turns into abuse and we find out this player is then doing it more later on, then it's like okay, buddy, listen, Like you're gonna get a three round penalty, You're possibly just gonna get snapdecued. Like it's just it's getting ridiculous at this point, like that, like I would, I would, I would fast track it in that regard, But this first one just seems so like crazy, and it's again it's such a unique situation and unique situations, I think you have to kind of think things through, take in all the evidence, use some common sense, and not just be like, well, this is what the rule book says, Like I would be curious. I haven't read the entire rule book. I'm not ever going to do that, but like, what is the rule book on penalties? Because penalties seem largely judgment calls. Some floors might give a one round penalty, some might give a warning, some might give three rounds, some might give a hand Like what is actually are the actual rules or are all the rules judgment calls? Because one I'll say that, Okay, if there are hard rules for penalties, but then you're doing judgment calls, then the ability to break from the rules is there? Or if the rules say you make a judgment call on penalties, then why can't there also be judgment calls. I don't know. I personally just feel like this was a bit much to just give the other guy. It just seems.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous to me looking. Yeah, I don't get the TV, but.
Speaker 1: Like the TDA rules. Also, I read an article on poker dot org where they talked with Matt Savage who obviously talks you know, works with them on this sort of stuff. There was a quote in there from Matt shout out Matt Savage, where see he said that he sees this a.
Speaker 2: Lot is a very short one.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this ever? I have literally never said something. No, okay, there's three cards, but there's three cards in the position that this guy was in, meaning he was clearly dealt to at the same time. How many hands of tournament poker have you covered and played? Have you ever seen this?
Speaker 3: I've seen it a surprisingly a lot amount of times, but not like it the way he's saying it, And I think.
Speaker 1: Like, there's I have I have never seen this like I've seen people.
Speaker 3: I've seen it where it's like it's been when I played poker last week and it happened.
Speaker 1: I've seen it with a small blinde gets done in like.
Speaker 3: Middle position and like then the deal is like, oh wait a second, Uh the top CODs is the bottom cards his? But that's more like the players the cards are all over the place. No, but like I've seen two cards come out. I reckon I would see two cards have come out. I would say average wants every like three PoCA session.
Speaker 1: But have you seen it where what I'm saying is we're like literally the cards stuck together. So like you don't know that's what That's what I'm saying. I've seen two cards come out, yes, but like you have, I don't think I've ever seen it where like it gets like you can watch the pitch, it does not look like two cards at all at any point, Like it's clearly you know, one looks they're just stuck together. It's like, I don't know how you can see that in that position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen it like that. But yeah, so I'm not as a strong word from missus Savage.
Speaker 1: No, I know what you're saying. Normally, like you know, two cards kind of come out, they're kind of close to each other because they break apart at some point and it's like, well which card's mind? Which card's not on the doers, Like, well, that one's yours and that one's yours. You know that that happens a fair amount, yes, but never that the card is fully made it into the guy's hand, you know, without breaking it all. Yeah, because even if it I've I think i've seen it where like it's gotten pretty close and the dealer will be like, oh, there's two cards, Like the dealer snap knows right, So it's just just yeah. Again, I think this is an entirely unique situation that calls for a unique ruling right now. Again, this should not be the rule at all times, and not everything should be a judgment call. The majority of stuff, the large majority of stuff should be this is the rule, this is what happens. This is like the penalty or this is the ruling or whatever the result in this situation. I don't know. I think it's a bit much like I go back to the hand with with Gail Bauman and Andre karaknai w is a main event where like isn't the rule that he had he said call or set all in or whatever, so like he has to call, yeah, you know, and it's like okay, but and then but then they made a judgment call and they said, you know, you're not going to use your lose your tournament life because you didn't see it, Like that was a judgment call. But isn't the rule Like all the people saying like, listen, you're the player, you gotta protect yourself. Well, if he didn't see it, so you see the rays and set all in and she's got two kings. I mean, I'm sorry, she's got to call you buddy, and your tips are in the middle. That's just how it is.
Speaker 2: Like, no, no, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's my uh my rant on that I have another uh I have a take. Okay, there's been a lot of conversation I think, feel like in the past week or two, and it's mostly Daniel m'growney and Matt Savage are like going at it about this clock situation. Like one mgran who's in some article I think on poker dot org saying like, don't call it an action clock. You know, I don't know, so I think he's like half joking. But also like obviously Savage works for WPT and they have the action clock, like it's trademark that clock. I like the term action clock, Like I wish that it wasn't trademark so that we could use that everywhere because I hate calling you the shot clock. Like mgrannio says, like, we're not calling it an action clock, it's a shot clock. Well, there's no shots in poker. We took it from the NBA, is what we did. Because we're easy as poker people and we're not creative at all, but that's how we are.
Speaker 3: I don't know the PGT sholock. I would not call it a shot clock, but okay, that's probably right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My new thought is that clocks everywhere in poker, the the the action clocks, the play clocks, the shock clocks, whatever the heck you want to call them, Like we're giving these guys too much time? Okay. My thought is that isn't the point of this to actually create some urgency in poker? And it never becomes a thing, Whereas if you want to go look at the NBA, the shot clock in the NBA becomes a part of a game multiple times a game. The play clock in the NFL becomes part of the game multiple times a game. I feel like these clocks in poker, with these time extensions, like never become a thing. It's so rare. Shouldn't it be more of a thing? Like why should people get the found tables and they have thirty of these fin things and like they can just take seven minutes.
Speaker 2: That's on the upright them more than anything.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying, Like, shouldn't we shouldn't there be less times that if these are in play, shouldn't they they be in play also to create more urgency, And then it becomes more of a thing. It becomes more involved in the competition.
Speaker 3: It becomes more like everything is urgent, much different to what it was to say, five to ten years ago. Now there's not four minutes every straight like you have time, you have a set shot clock, and you have time extensions.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I feel like it's not I feel like it's not as urgent as the intention is originally set out for it to be.
Speaker 3: I think the intention was to prevent the long tanks and long delays. I think it's done that now people abuse that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but some people would say the opposite. I'm not saying I would, but some people say that it's worse with clocks because people take the full thirty seconds or the full twenty.
Speaker 3: Second, and then once that happens, we started making change twenty second and it's it's never going to be perfect. There's going to be people that find ways so abuse every rule in poker. Wow, Until we can invent a live like we have online, like a chess clock. Yeah, until someone can patent that and do that live. I think we're always going to have issues, and it's just about trying to perfect the clock as much as we can. And we've made changes every season here with the amount of time extensions, with the twenty seconds pre the thirty posts all that, and everyone is always going to keep making changes to find what's best, so adjust as needed.
Speaker 2: It's just hot, it's just really hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just I could be entirely wrong here in terms of like what I think I see, But I feel like I'm in commentary boosts enough now that when it comes to final tables, I just don't feel like the clock becomes a pressing point as often as it may should or as it should be, like it should be a factor more that like you're running out of time extensions, you have to act quicker, Like I don't know, it's just interesting to me, Like I feel like it's just not really an issue if you just play like halfway normal, it's just it's just fine. You're never really a risk. It's like, maybe do we want to increase that risk a little bit? And it would it lead to a better entertainment.
Speaker 2: From prevy aspect, Like it feels like you're coming.
Speaker 1: I think aspect well, I think, but I think originally the clocks were put into play for entertainment.
Speaker 2: No, I disagree, completely disagree.
Speaker 3: Why I think that'll put it in to prevent we were round when the first action clock, remember the first action clock was WPT chucktaw like twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it was. It was, if I remember it correctly. It's because everyone was complaining that poker is taking so long.
Speaker 2: If but that was.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was like the TV is is. But I'm not saying I'm not saying entertainment in forms of TV. I'm saying entertainment in terms of like the actual playing product.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but that's yeah, that's that's that's what we agree.
Speaker 1: Ones Like when I sit down at a table, I don't want to play five hands an hour, like I want to play more hands.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think every time I think falls to some degree in an a teamment bucket.
Speaker 3: A Venetian to play the three hundred something I'll be tomorrow, But there's also a three hundred dollars at the Venetian on the other side of the room. One has a shot clock from the start. One has the normal Venetian rules or the shot clocks like in the money right, which one do you play?
Speaker 1: I mean fell sizes are the same, Yeah, I mean obviously you probably play the shot clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would agree.
Speaker 3: The reason we don't have shot clocks in every event is just the amount of you know, the logistics behind it having clocks at every table. We need a lot of time intensions. It's a lot of it's a bit more labor, et cetera. But I think everyone would agree that having a shot clock from the side is better in all events. But there is more tour than that. There is the labor aspect. Does every table have a clock for us? You know, we need enough iPads if you're a Venetian where they have tablets and built into the things, that's doable.
Speaker 1: But I think it's I think players ultimately use a fair amount of their time extensions throughout a tournament. I just don't think we're getting as close to zero as we might want to be. Yeah, like people like fully running out of them, like when you run out of timeouts and a sporting events just out of timeouts. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. But like it's it's very like you have to like really manage it because you only get like three and a half for the NFL, for example. But I'm saying, like, you get huh is.
Speaker 2: It you get three and a half timeouts? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 1: No, I said three and a half three in a half?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think I said three and a half.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I don't know what you get TV time out and then non TV time aut Yes, you have to manage it. That's part of the strategy, just like you have to manage your chips. I think that's part of the evolution of Parker. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But what I'm saying is that if if people aren't using them as often, and if people aren't getting aren't risking getting close to zero, doesn't that mean that we're giving them too much time to begin with?
Speaker 3: Sure, and time extentis should be adjusted according to the event and the buying and the length of the event, just like we have different amount of time extensions as the buying's increase, right, and depending on our event, like to say, the three hundred k super higher all the ball you get more the next day and then you get more at the final table.
Speaker 1: I feel like your first action could probably be ten seconds, they could probably be five.
Speaker 3: Then we're now adding a logistics aspect where okay, dealers that have been trained, you know with twenty or thirty or thirty thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean back to your point of you you need the different type of clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need to educate the players and the staffing. So there's a lot to it. And I yeah, I think we're going to agree with a lot of these things.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should be developing that sort of clock.
Speaker 2: I think about it a lot.
Speaker 1: And I because we have a very controlled space at the end of the day, Like we we're in the Propago studio right now, and you know there's a maximum sixteen tables in here at an absolute maximum. It might not even be that many, might be fifteen, I don't know, but whatever. But because it's so controlled, like I feel like, you know, it's it's it's either going to be us or it's going to be Triton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's right.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe it's ws AP as it relates to like WSP Paradise, but like I don't think you can just develop something for like was be ma an event from day one, A like that.
Speaker 2: Would just because's a way to do it.
Speaker 3: Everyone needs basically like some version of an iPad, but then you need to put on the table, needs to plug in controlled by the d LA. Like there's a lot to it, and I think it's going to take. I think we're a couple of years away from figuring it all out. You know it will get someone will agree with.
Speaker 1: You, I agree with you, and this I was thinking about this maybe a week ago in that I was actually watching an old episode the first season of the National Heads of Poker Championship, which you put on Poker Go Yeah, which is now available on Poker It's also on YouTube. But Henry Ornstein was in that first episode or first seas step right, and he obviously invented the whole card cam and all that sort of stuff. And like, I was trying to think about how that came about, and I don't really know exactly, but what I'm thinking of is probably at some point there was a conversation like how do we show these cards? Yeah, and I'm sure they might. I don't know how long it took from that like thought or conversation to when it was actually developed, but I'm sure there was plenty of ideas and brainstorming thrown around, just kind of like.
Speaker 2: Everyone simple, it's like, oh, just put a camera that. Okay, let's maybe.
Speaker 1: Listen it was maybe it was maybe it was just that simple, right.
Speaker 2: You kind of simplify a chess clock. Okay.
Speaker 1: What I'm what I'm getting at is that I think that when my result of this thought process that I was having is when we get to that point where there is the poker's version of a chess clock, I think there's a great, fairly reasonable potential that we're going to be like, oh, why didn't we think of that? Like it was so easy and somebody did it, and we were all going to be like why didn't we think of just doing it like that? I feel like that's I feel like that's going to be a thing.
Speaker 3: I've thought about it a lot more than probably I would be in the top.
Speaker 1: Five percent of I'm sure you are, and it's just.
Speaker 3: Like I just really can't like get my head around how to you know, Like I said, I think it's I think it's buying a bunch of phones that are like locked to the player, and that's like locked you know, somehow bluetooth to an iPad. That's the only way I can I just I'm not a technology like I wouldn't know how to code that. So we need to find someone to code that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think you could easily find someone to code that. I bet you. I bet you could figure it out using AI programs if you spend.
Speaker 3: Spend enough time on it, like the PGT really kicks in, maybe I can figure it out with it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's it's so someone.
Speaker 1: Like I just think at some point someone's going to be like what, like they're gonna do it. It's gonna get done. I think for sure it's gonna get done, just a matter of time when it gets done, and I think a lot of us are going to be like, oh, it wasn't that hard, Like we not that it's super easy, right, like you know, cutting a hole in a thing, put a camera right like, but it's it's probably not gonna be as hard as we think, and we're gonna be like, oh, we could have thought of that or oh prog.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, that's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's what I think. There's more like that's my thought of how it's going to result.
Speaker 3: But there's just so there's so much more to it underneath that you know we wouldn't be privy to.
Speaker 1: I mean sure, yeah, but I also feel like, oh, like, oh, we could have we could have done that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a lot of smart people trying to figure this out.
Speaker 3: I'm sure try and I'm sure gg have've all tried to figure this out. But yeah, I agree with you in our space with you know, the max fourteen fifteen tables, we should we should have more.
Speaker 1: I mean, could it also be like the chest clock is where you literally have to hit a button's.
Speaker 3: A timing thing. Then that's like I could just take one extra second to press it. I can press it earlier, but it's your own button. Yeah, but like it's my clock, so it's always like okay, he's action finishes, So now I'm supposed to press mine.
Speaker 1: You don't press I press.
Speaker 3: So that But okay, So then we need seven shot clocks all connect, seven chess clocks all connected.
Speaker 2: What happens when the table breaks?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, like I'm not putting much thought into this, but I'm saying like it's gonna be something that that's like you.
Speaker 3: Need the chess clock that like clips in to like the ethernet port on the tables, So now we have to redesign the tables for it to work.
Speaker 1: Ye what of all the tables? I personally also think that poker tables are due for like a redesign in a lot of ways. Like I feel like there's a like the simplest thing is tournament tables. I have no idea why they have that giant ass rack in the middle of them. No, I'm not saying you don't need a rack because there are color up tips and whatever, but I feel like that rack could probably be a third of the size. And then how other part of it is for like the tablet. Why is the tablet just got to sit over here and all of the nine seed and like we know whatever, Like some players are like can you put the can you put the tablet in the middle of the table, Like no, that's what the flop goes, okay, Like you.
Speaker 3: Know WPA definitely Like there's like you know, obviously when you saw a tournament, there's nine chip stacks in the well, but then it'll make six of them normally, ask straight away.
Speaker 2: So yes, I would.
Speaker 1: Say, but also if you stack them, it only takes up like three two.
Speaker 3: Usual the well could definitely be half shaped in half and put the iPad in there, but like something like that.
Speaker 1: But that's like that's I mean, I know it's not here, but like that's around the country and around the world. That's how your tables.
Speaker 2: Are only tournaments.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Venetian, you need to have a multi purpose rack for both cash hips.
Speaker 1: You could have a multipurpose rack for sure. I mean I would also say that in a lot of cash games you might not need all the chips that are in there. I mean they put a lot of chipe, like a lot of and I played like a one to three game. They have like you know, twenty k in the rackets, like you know. It's anyway, we've been all over the place for the last fifteen twenty minutes or so. It's good to be back.
Speaker 2: It is. It's going to be back next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I really do want to, you know, once we get started, stick to.
Speaker 2: Every touch on this thing such on this bay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to talk about the national heads of Poker check. We will not tell you who won. It has been filmed It is going to post edit and it will be airing on Peacock followed by Poker Girl and the Poker Stars channels. Details on all the broadcasts and streaming releases are still TBD as they work out through all the footage and all that sort of stuff, you know, But we can't talk about the draw. We can talk about the players that were invited.
Speaker 2: About a round sixty four, like who played who? Right, Well, yeah, that's the draw.
Speaker 1: The draw. I mean, we're not gonna we can't reveal any of the play of course. Yeah, I feel like I've already forgotten it by out now, but it is what it is. But along these lines, I would, I don't know, I would highly encourage you guys to go watch these past episodes. I mean they are freaking gold. I put a new one on every single day. It's kind of as background noise or whatever, and then I like, I'll catch myself paying attention to it. I mean, just what people are wearing, how they're playing, the logos on the felt, the design of the sets, you know, the music, the music music, the segments, the the number of chips, like actual chips they have like six colors, twenty five stacks. I mean, the whole thing is it is. It is peak poker nostalgia is what it is. So if you love that sort of stuff, you can find the old National Heads Up Poker Championship episodes in full seasons on Poker Girl if you're a Poker Grow subscriber. They're also being released on YouTube, but on YouTube they're a bit delayed and it's only one episode per day and all that sort of stuff. But if you want to go more of the binge rout and if you are a poker gro subscriber, I would highly encourage you guys to go check that out on poker Go. All right, we've been doing this for way, way, way too long today, so let's get out of here for Tim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters, and we'll talk to you guys next time you have Jai