Speaker 1: Ah Yes, Happy Friday everybody. It's the world famous Bennett Skin Show broadcasting live from the chalk Taw Casino and Resort and Durant, Oklahoma out here for their Going for the Green giveaway.
Speaker 2: This is really cool. All you gotta do is come out here and play tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Get out here and gamble a little bit, throw some cards some dice, have a great time and play with your Rewards Club card and you'll be enter to win your share of one million dollars.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of great giveaways happening here all the time. This segment right here is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, voted best Pizzeria and DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. There's only one Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and all of DFW. It's in Plano off Preston and Plano Parkway, and it's so good at won best in town. So if you're a foodie and you like to travel around on great food adventures this weekend, make it a point to go out of your way to go to Plano, Texas to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. They got a great craft beer selection there as well. I go there sometimes just Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this and now each.
Speaker 3: Time for basis week Day up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt F on tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: All right, so TikTok is going to get another seventy five days. Kind of predicted this would happen, so again it was the band was set to be up Saturday, which the first one, which was an extension from January nineteenth, and we're doing it again seventy five days to find a buyer. Could Byte Dance the company that the parent company.
Speaker 5: Of TikTok I couldn't y'all see Elon's company buying it?
Speaker 2: Like possibly, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. That would be a huge.
Speaker 5: Power move to have both of those platforms. Yeah, right, Like and Elon does a ton of business with China already.
Speaker 6: Does he have the money to do that?
Speaker 2: And gotta have the money to do.
Speaker 4: Because Amazon was was in talks to maybe they made an offer apparently, but it wasn't, you know, it wasn't.
Speaker 7: This is the only thing like bike Dance has to.
Speaker 6: They have to agree to the deal, you know. So, yeah, this is where we are.
Speaker 7: So seventy five more days. Everyone can keep using the TikTok.
Speaker 5: No, that's gonna make my wife very happy, I think. Honestly, I think my wife is on TikTok just as much as my daughter is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're on it, you're probably addicted to it. Yeah, honestly, it's what I have it. I don't well, I purposely don't look at it much as I don't want to get addicted.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get addicted. That's why I stop smoking crack rock. Yeah that was a smart move, but good for your career, thank you. But you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really distinguish much between the platforms. In other words, when I scroll, I scroll, and so I don't you know, sometimes I'm on Facebook and I have Oh I'm this is fair.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know. I thought it was maybe Instagram.
Speaker 1: You know. There's they're also similar now, and it's really because of the success of TikTok.
Speaker 2: They all created reels or whatever want to be like that.
Speaker 1: The only one I know that it's definitely different is is Twitter because it's so much more toxic, right.
Speaker 2: I'm actually and also your I feel like, well maybe I don't know. I feel like with Twitter, I get less video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's less video and music and music because they don't have music rights.
Speaker 2: Right and I do.
Speaker 5: And it's against my personality because I've got an addictive personality.
Speaker 2: But I've gotten pretty good.
Speaker 5: If I jump on Instagram, I jump on it for ten minutes and then go on to something else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'll yourself almost I have.
Speaker 5: A cycle of bouncing around between email, text messages, Twitter, Instagram. Those are really the only I mean, those are I hardly ever look at TikTok.
Speaker 2: I'm missing out on so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been doing a really good job of putting the phone in the other room and.
Speaker 2: Just putting it on a charger. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: It's literally helped fantastics helped me put it in a different room, just a whole different room.
Speaker 2: H that's great. You know. You know what I know families that do this, and I think it's really smart, is at dinner time they have everybody put their phone in a basket or something and take it away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because otherwise, I mean, so many times I look up and all five of us in my family are on our phone, just sitting at a table together.
Speaker 4: You know, I would like to make that argument that while you're eating, it's not like the best time to talk either.
Speaker 7: Okay, so we should sit around in a room for a minute.
Speaker 5: Well, I like the idea of everyone eats while one member of the family read the scripture aloud.
Speaker 2: I do like the idea. I do like the idea of I try to do this. So there's this family that I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rogers, No, it's not my family, the Carters. No, Carter's first name. Why why am I blowing this anyways? I was gonna give me a shout out God.
Speaker 5: I gotta look this up now, God, Okay, do another story while Bend scrolls his phone.
Speaker 4: No, I need been to pay attention to the next story though. So let's find out who this Carter guy is.
Speaker 2: Carter Carter, Uh, cram dog.
Speaker 6: Carter.
Speaker 2: That'd be a terrible name.
Speaker 6: The dog.
Speaker 5: It's me, Carter, cram Dog tell wrestling name.
Speaker 1: So the family is the Dwyers. I'm sorry, Carter is the son. Carter is friends with my son Max, and it's the Dwyers. And she is an influencer. Her name is Sonny. She's awesome. It's a great fan. The mom is great family. It's only fans that no. That family inspires me. And this is so cheesy as I get older. For me, these are the things that they're not cheesy. I'm saying the things that inspire me. It makes me so happy to see that family because they roll together, Like they'll come to our brewery together and like bring a game like the gymstones to play a game together. And that's like, they'll bring a board game and they'll have they got you know, I guess Carter.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be nineteen.
Speaker 1: They got a little brother who's probably like fourteen or fifteen or something. Young, mom and dad, but they roll together, and I'm like, dude, that's to me, that happened.
Speaker 2: That's what gets That's.
Speaker 1: The type of because dude, the older you get, the less your kids will to have to.
Speaker 2: Do with you. Listen to this. I swear to God this is true.
Speaker 5: There has been times where me and my wife and my daughter and her boyfriend and Desmond all go to Chili's and we leave the house at the same time in three separate cars.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Why oh we're not all coming back to three seur cars.
Speaker 2: Everyone three seven cards, five people, and everyone's on.
Speaker 1: Their phone and not even paying attention to each other while they enjoy You know, Stacey Apps, whoever gets their first just orders food at their own timeline.
Speaker 6: How do I love what you're doing for the environment.
Speaker 1: But dude, just getting like to me, Like, I didn't realize this until my son went off to college.
Speaker 2: There's a huge hole in my heart.
Speaker 1: This team of five people that have been together my immediate family, me and my wife, my.
Speaker 2: Three kids for eighteen years.
Speaker 1: Suddenly there's a piece missing, and I didn't recognize it until he came home from college. I felt whole for the first time, like, oh my god, I've been sad this entire time.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 5: It's also tough that your son went away at the time when and a teenage girl wants nothing to do with her parents, because it happens to every teenage girl at the same time. Yes, so my daughter is nineteen and man, she is totally down to hang out with us whenever. Do you know why, because that is gonna be a free meal. Okay, she's smart, she's smart. She's like but she actually likes my wife. But the whole idea of like, hey, if we kick it with mom and dad, they're probably gonna buy us dinner.
Speaker 2: That is a way to go.
Speaker 1: I told my fourteen year old daughter has one word for me at a time, like how's your day?
Speaker 6: Fine?
Speaker 2: And she's like running a track meet to get away from me.
Speaker 1: My seventeen year old son, I sent him a text today saying, hey, we should make sure that your grades are good because that needs to be the priority. I'm just doing a little parenting, right. She just need to make sure that your grades are okay.
Speaker 2: He argued with me on text for like, there's like eight pages of time. I'll just say, yes, sir, okay, hold on though.
Speaker 5: At least he's engaged, because here's what I get. I'll send my son a text. I'll say, hey, man, what happened today?
Speaker 2: Good? That's not what I asked you, butthole, I asked you what was going on? I wanted like a sentence or a paragraph. You said good.
Speaker 5: He's trying to make it go away, trying to go away, right, And sometimes I swear this is true. I'll send him a text message and he'll answer it. Three days later.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking.
Speaker 5: I mean I've seen him in the interim and it's just like, oh, I guess dad sent a text three days ago.
Speaker 2: I'll half ass answer this, dude.
Speaker 1: I just remember you guys remember being kids and like felt the same way. Last thing I wanted to do is hang out with my family. Yea, but now as an old ass man, all I really care about his family time. So I see this cool family hanging out together, I'm like, I want what they have. All I want is to go play a damn board game with my family, and I'd be thrilled.
Speaker 4: You know What's really though, when I turned twenty one, or maybe even twenty even, like that's when I realized, like hanging.
Speaker 6: Out with my parents was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 4: I came back around, man, especially in a small town, though, hanging out with your parents was the lead.
Speaker 5: John Cougar Mellencamp used to sing about that, did he I was, do you want to hear about this?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well wait a second, I want our engineer Evan Zeniga has a question.
Speaker 8: Yes, all right, So this hit me really good because I'm going through this myself. Do you guys ever have to google their responses.
Speaker 5: Oh the things they say that, yes, if it's an acrod, if it's it's like a B.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I have all no idea. I google it all the time.
Speaker 8: I'm like, yeah, I don't even get full words. I just get letters, and I'm like, okay, I wanted to ask that.
Speaker 1: So one of my favorite things to do to my fourteen year old daughter is I'll start responding to her like that and then immediately in the next text explain what the acronym means, which just frustrates her so much.
Speaker 2: He's like, I know that means. Be right back.
Speaker 4: Hit him back with some stuff that you found on an urban dictionary, just to prove that you're in the not Oh, dude.
Speaker 5: You should drop a golden pouches to Yeah, that's is that up there yet?
Speaker 6: It it?
Speaker 2: It is, but I don't think it's ours.
Speaker 6: Some of those that don't know.
Speaker 4: We submitted the term golden pouches to Urban Dictionary because nothing came up.
Speaker 6: Like a day later, it said this someone named Peter Nincompoop.
Speaker 4: Golden kangaroo pouch and it's the act of stretching.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're screwed.
Speaker 4: Over, and he creates a pouch like containment area, and then what you do.
Speaker 2: There's a Durant High School problem going on here. There's a family right there, played a board game together. Okay, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: This conversation went so well that when we come back, I'm gonna tell you more about the edgiest mayor of all times?
Speaker 2: Oh is he the mayor of Durant.
Speaker 6: No he's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, that's all coming up now, good ken, It really was. As we wrap things up for the chalk Taw Casino and Resort Durant. Next, don't go anywhere