Speaker 1: Let's get into the Minnesota Goodbye. We would definitely welcome your emails to Ryan's show at katiew beat on comments so funny because sometimes we get like twenty emails and sometimes we get maybe one. So today is you know, we got a couple, and we got our weekly feature from Juanita, who basically does a little stand up, a little life commentary. So let's see what she has to say today on the Minnesota Goodbye and to push the right tabs here and see if I can get this to work. And you know, so far right now, really no luck, but let me try this one. Okay, here we go. Here comes Jannita.
Speaker 2: So this rant is has to do with my kids teacher. So back when I went to school, eight so on and so forth. Simple nowadays, the way that they're doing math is you got two dogs going down one sixty nine at fifty five miles an hour, how many cookies do you get? Makes no fucking sense. So my son comes home with some math homework. He wanted me to help him with it. So I didn't understand the way that they were doing this shit. So I did it my own way, the old way, the way that I learned it. He got the right answer, He showed his work, he took it to school. The teacher turns around and sends me an email and says, you can't show him the way that you learn math.
Speaker 3: You have to do it our way.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I don't even know what the fuck that is. I don't understand it. If you want, you could bring me to school so you could teach me how this shit works. Why did they have to change the math? What was wrong with it the way that it was? I don't understand what's going on? And what difference does it make how he does it as long as the answer is right, he shows his work. Just another thing that pisses me off. Love you guys. Bye.
Speaker 3: Well that is some bullshit, is what that is?
Speaker 4: I mean I feel the same way. How am I supposed to know how they learn it? Now?
Speaker 3: Well? Is there?
Speaker 1: I mean they you here once in a while they drop in the word new math? Is there? Is there literally a new math? I mean, if I were to help you know, like I don't know, a fifth grader, yeah, or seventh grader with their homework? Is there a new way to do algebra?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I think there's I think there's like apparently like a new way to do like simple math kind of things, like you know, edition, subtraction, multiplication, division that's easier or different or something. But I feel like calculus and whatever is never going to change. But I don't know.
Speaker 5: There is a new way. It's called chat chept.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, good, all right, I'll just put.
Speaker 5: Your problem into that and you get a solution.
Speaker 3: That you know.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because I saw a meme or something a couple of months ago that said, remember when you were in school and your teacher said, you've got to learn how to do math problems on paper because you're not going to carry a calculator around with you when you're an adult. Yes, and sure as shit, we carry a calculator with us everywhere we go.
Speaker 4: I only use a little bit of math, and that's to calculate tip. That's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I don't usually don't. I don't ever find a need to do math. I mean once in a while when I'm cooking and it's like, okay, you know, I don't. I don't know, like, you know, maybe all my cups are in the dishwasher, so I get to figure out how many quarter cups make you know, two and a half cups or something.
Speaker 3: Like it, something stupid like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Easy, but I mean simple math I can do in my head. As far as tips. Somebody once said, look at the tax and double the tax. Now I think that gives you a lower tip.
Speaker 3: So in other words, round up, get.
Speaker 5: The total, and double the total and then.
Speaker 3: Double the total.
Speaker 6: No, well you double the total and then you take away two decimal points.
Speaker 4: Well we do it all differently.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let's see how that would work. So let's say the total is one hundred, you double it now it's two hundred, and you take away two decimal points. You're at twenty dollars. Yes, and that's a twenty percent tip.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just always try to figure twenty percent.
Speaker 4: I just moved the decimal over and then.
Speaker 5: Double that, which works too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's just kind of the same thing.
Speaker 6: Yeaing comput it easy, like I would take one hundred and see and take it like, just take one zero away from it in times by two.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know.
Speaker 1: What, at least you're tipping generously. It's kind of funny because I think tips a twenty percent tip. I think now is pretty standard, whereas maybe a generation to go it was a very generous tip. And when I was probably growing up, a ten percent tip was just fine. Yeah, you know, ten percent now would be like, it's kind of a cheap tip. You know, it's still a tip.
Speaker 4: It's better than nothing, and that's I love it for servers.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's not better than nothing. Ten percent is very cheap.
Speaker 1: Well, it's better than nothing technically, Jenny, because nothing.
Speaker 5: Is zero standards.
Speaker 6: I'm going to speak up for servers because I was one for way too many.
Speaker 1: Laziest bunch of people I have ever met, per servers, laziest bunch of slow walk and slackers.
Speaker 6: I had a fit bit back when I was a server because I'm so curious I worked so many twelve fourteen hour doubles, how many steps I used to take on those shifts because that was my life for like six years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm sure. By the way, I'm kidding about slackers and servers. I was trying to get a rise out of you, and these two are so used to my bullshit they just ignored me, just ignored me. If you would have had a fit bit and counted your steps and calories back then, you would have probably gotten twenty thousand steps a day. Oh absolutely, yeah. The standard that I think most people shoot for is twenty thousands.
Speaker 3: Do you have a fit.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tenous.
Speaker 4: I don't have a fitbit, but my phone tracks how many steps I get. So that's my fipbit.
Speaker 5: But only on your walks, right, okay?
Speaker 4: So not like fully through Oh no, like if I'm carrying my phone at tracks my steps.
Speaker 1: Okay, So well, let's look right now, how many steps have we all got?
Speaker 3: I will look on my phone.
Speaker 1: My steps right now are nine hundred and fourteen steps.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's not good. Twenty that's the same.
Speaker 4: I'm at five hundred steps. I haven't walked nearly as much as all wamp wamp.
Speaker 1: All right, move on to the next one. Let's see what we got here. This might come off as weird, but I wanted to let Bailey know I'm very happy that she has joined the show weird at all. Listening every day, I feel like she's one of my best friends. I'm also nerdy, tattooed, and goofy. I'm also a festie, but I'm always there on Saturday, not Sunday, so I haven't been able to come meet you and give you a hug. We do have some mutual friends though, so because I won't see you before the run is over, I just want to give you a virtual hug and let you know that you really are amazing. Sorry if I sound like a crazed fan, but I just want to let you know you're welcomed to the morning show, Kristin.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Kristen. Well, I want to know who our mutual friends are.
Speaker 1: She's a picture of herself. Oh dang, Okay, now I'm going to describe this picture.
Speaker 4: Look at her.
Speaker 1: Well, I honestly thought that I don't have any idea what she looked like. But she is dressed in a I don't want to sound like, you know, like a hor horn dog, but she is dressed in a revealing belly bearing bikini ish princessy kind of thing.
Speaker 4: She's got Well, yeah, her middrift is showing, but she it's like a belly dancer costume, but it's like red and green. She's got like a huge headdress on, and she looks badass, looks so cool.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I was gonna say, is she's hot. Yeah, I can't say that.
Speaker 4: Maybe recognizing Kristin, but I'm not sure. I wonder who our mutual friends are.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she'll write and tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you Kristin.
Speaker 1: H that's say what got here, Bailey. Sorry, I mister birthday parties from Sharise. My birthday was yesterday on the twenty third, and my daughter tried to send a text to wish me happy birthday. But I know the messages weren't working. That was I think on Monday. Oh yeah, because messages weren't working. I need some advice. Sadly, I was fired last week coincidentally, on the same day as you guys were doing fake fired. I still found it funny. So the advice I need now is how to explain to a prospective employer why you were fired. I wasn't let go to do to attendance or insubordination. I was let go due to me not being fully trained in a new process and I made a mistake. It wasn't anything big that caused the company any sort of loss. Anyway, I've never been fired and now I have this job on my resume, So any advice on how to spend this in a good light during an interview would be greatly appreciated. I was at my previous job three years, so I can't leave that out of my experience. Thank you. I really value your advice. I have nothing for you, Sharrace, but I'm going to say that there absolutely is a way to dance around that on your resume and during an interview. I just don't know what it is. I've read it before, but I don't know what it is. And I think if you have a string of getting fired, like a friend of mine would get fired every eighteen months they worked in radio, they would get fired every eighteen months, and then eventually people wouldn't hire them because they would look on their resume and see, oh, you've never worked anywhere more than eighteen months. But I if you're there three years and you get a good track record, there's got to be a way somebody will text in or message us or email and let us know.
Speaker 5: We have a lot of.
Speaker 6: People who work in HR. That was of the show, so maybe somebody that works in HR can help us.
Speaker 4: I would just say it was like not a good fit, all right.
Speaker 1: Continuing on, Remember a couple of weeks ago, or a week or so ago, a guy wrote in said he lost his dog like their dog had died and just wanted some advice on how to handle it. Yeah, and I said, hey, you know what, maybe people have some ideas. And this is from mary Anne. Mary Anne says, hello, what's your bestie, Marianne. This is for Steve who lost his doggie. We also lost our buddy Boo, twelve and a half year old golden doodle on August third. She died in my arms at our house. Worst motherfucking day ever. Our other dog, Smuckers, I love that name, nine and a half years old, also a golden doodle, was here to witness, and she understood what happened. Boo is buried in our backyard. Now, me and my husband cried and drank for two weeks straight.
Speaker 3: Awful.
Speaker 1: He's never been through this, but I have many times. My advice to Steve is to get a rescue, maybe a bit older, so you're not constantly going to play musical chairs, like Bailey said, what does that mean like chasing him outside or taking him outside?
Speaker 6: Or you've said that about like I thought your parents' dogs musical chairs about like getting a.
Speaker 4: Dog, Oh, getting a dog? And then yeah, so we would we have two dogs at any given time, so that one dog would die, we'd get another dog. Then the first dog would die, and then we'd get another dog.
Speaker 1: I looked at our ring camera to see what Smuckers was doing while we were at work. After Boo passed, I wish I never looked. She sat in the middle of the house and cried and howled and let out sounds that I never heard her make before. It was gut wrenching. I'd drive a truck for work, and so I got a dog car seat and she comes with me every day. Unfortunately, I am forced to share my lunch. Now that's cute. I already promised my daughter that it would take care of our dog, as she's planning on going to the end of the Air Force. Otherwise I'd already be on the hunt for another friend for Smuckers. I'm not sure how to send videos attached to the email because I'm old and I can't figure out fucking anything. But I'll send pictures of happy Smuckers and sad ring videos of Boo. They weren't attached. But oh wait, hold on, okay, yep, okay, So I'm gonna look really quick here.
Speaker 4: I'll be too sad to watch the ring camera video though. I don't want to see a dog beside.
Speaker 3: I gotcha.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I can play this here and maybe it'll come through. Oh so, literally, he is standing near the kitchen and he gets up and he just stands in one spot and he just howls. I never really realize that dogs are aware that another dog has They don't know what death is, they know what gone is, they know what absent is. I never really understood or never realized that a dog could mourn, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think it depends on the dog too, because I've had dogs that like just don't give a shit at all. They're like, oh, yeah, Astro's dead, don't care. But then I have dogs that are like clearly sad, like super sad that their partner's gone.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is that we got the cat Roger and Josie, my dog, and they don't really pay much attention to each other at all. It's funny. Once in a while, Roger will swipe at Josie, like Josie will walk by and Roger will swipe at him, and it's kind of funny. But they kind of ignore each other. But Josie sleeps in a kennel, and on top of the kennel is Roger's cat bed, And so a lot of the time I'll come home and Josie's always in her kennel when I'm gone, and Roger will be in his cat bed on top like bunk beds. And I think they kind of like to be with each other, even though they're not buddies. They don't sleep on top of each other, they don't play, but I think that somehow they do enjoy another creature.
Speaker 4: They're like comforted by each other's instin.
Speaker 5: That's cute, I think.
Speaker 1: So anyway, thank you Marianne for that email. Next one and see if there's more here. We're kind of running a little bit low.
Speaker 3: Yep. That's it. That is it.
Speaker 1: I think I've got to all of the emails, honestly, So we are going to wrap it up on the Minnesota Goodbye. If you got one, please send it to ryanshow at KDWB dot com. If you want a staff writer sticker, we'll have a secretary Brie send went out to you. Make sure you include your last name and your address. And I think that's it. There was something else I was going to say. But I'll be damned if I remember what it was, so I will see you too. Oh, I know what it was. It was that if you sent in an email and we didn't read it, and you've been listening faithfully to the podcast, you didn't hear it. It could be that I accidentally deleted it. It could be that it was something that we covered many times, like construction workers and why they stand around while like you know, like ten people are standing around and one person is driving the back home. So there's some things that we've already talked a lot about. But if you got a new idea, we would love to hear it, send it into Ryan's show KDWB dot com on the Minnesota Goodbye