Speaker 1: If you've had a bigfoot siding and I would like to be a guest, please go to bigfootewitness dot com and let me know.
Speaker 2: I might know from spring a Flora. I'm a research member for SQUATCHINGNFL. I've been researching sasquatch, bigfoot, what are you gonna call them? For a little over a year now, and back in September where I had my first encounter, which was a complete accident, complete fluke. Because I've heard all the stories and you know, I've listened to like the podcast and stuff about it and the different shows Monster Quest, and part of me was like maybe, and the other part of me was like, I don't know. I think a lot of it is hogwash. And my girlfriend is part of a group where they go around cleaning tombstones. So we travel around with some of the local cemeteries around here. We clean up the veteran stones so that I try to reach out to people get permission, help them out with their stones, clean them up. And we just happened to find this one cemetery that was just completely isolated out in the woods, but you could drive right to it. It was just off of an old beaten trail A two track road. So we're thinking like, yeah, what the heck, we'll go check it out, right, So we drive out there, nice bumpy road, and we're laughing whole time. And the whole time we're driving out, the first thing in my mind I'm thinking, I was like, man, this is this is creepy back here, like this is some bizarre stuff. Pull into the cemetery right there. We get out and I forget what it was we were laughing at. We were joking about something, and I'm walking into the cemetery. I opened up the gates to get into it. And so with that, me and her still laughing, just galing around, I take two steps in if you've met, and something like grunted at me like as loud as could be, and she vaguely heard it but didn't really hear it. I felt whatever it was it hit me. I was literally like mid stride and I stopped and froze and look in that direction. And my first thought process was, oh, crap, there's a boray here, you know, something like that. I have nothing on me, no peace on me, no nothing. So I'm a little nervous at that point. I'm thinking like, oh man, I'm about to get charged by a big old more and I'm looking around and I see nothing, and I'm like, what the heck was that. She's making a much noise in the car behind me and getting like her camera gear and stuff right to start taking some pictures, and I'm like, Kelly, Kelly, shout up, Kelly. Stop. She stops, and as we're sitting there, she's like what. I'm like, just listen. And as we're listening, we hear a tree fall down on the other side adjacent to the trail, so from where we're parked at it would be to our right side of the trail, and we hear this thing coming and it's coming down. It says crash, the whole way down. So it was a good sized tree. And We're looking at each other and I'm thinking, like, oh, what in the world is going on right now? So I asked her. I was like, do you have your gun on here? She say yeah. I was like, Okay, stay by the car. I'm gonna walk out here and take a look real quick. So I walk out to the end of the trail and I'm looking further up the trail past the cemetery, and I noticed something peeking out at me on the right hand side of the trail, like kind of quickly dodging back and forth, and I'm looking at it. I'm thinking like, is that a bear, you know, because I've seen a couple of black bears on my time, thinking like, okay, it's a bear. And then it steps out. And when it steps out, it's on two legs. I never see the face. It was looking forward like it was definitely on a mission to get to the other side of the trail. Now, mind you, the other side of the trail this thing is heading to is a side where I heard the loud grunt. So I watched this thing on two legs go across the trail. It has both its arms like raised up, kind of looks like how you see primates and like the zoo that aren't really they're not really good at like the bipedalism walk, so they use their arms to kind of balance themselves out. And it's stepping one foot right in front of the other. As soon as I saw it, I'm like, that's like a military walk. And I'm thinking like, is this a chimpanzee. I'm staring at right now in the middle of the woods in Florida, not that far fetched. There's a lot of wild things in Florida. So I'm thinking, okay, I'm watching it in my mind. I'm like, there's no way I'm seeing this right now. And it goes across, right off into the trail, perfect little line that they made going across. And she hears me, like out loud, say what the heck was that? And I come over she what was And I was like, I don't even know, and she's like, well, what was that?
Speaker 1: Ask? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's give me men, I think. And so we're we go inside the cemetery. She's going around doing everything, and I'm sitting on a bench and I'm just scanning everywhere. It's like a hawk now and I didn't know where she was here bang bang bang in that same rhythm, that perfect stretch out. There was no like rush in between. It was the perfect cadence every time. And we heard it that Knox and she looks right at me and goes, are those of those three knocks when those shows you were watching? And I was like, sure, sounds like huh, And we're both kind of like, what in the world, Bud? It was? It was really bizarre, and so I started I fell down the rabbit hole after that, looking into different groups and looking up you know, you know, Sasquatch and Florida like reports and stuff, and I started getting the courage. I was like, you know what, I'm gonna go out to night. I'm gonna go out there and go see it. And I'm like, there's gotta be something to this, right And I'm thinking, Okay, what's the worst gonna happen? Well, that was a dumb idea. So I started gifting because I've heard gifting and a bunch of different podcasts and shows and stuff like that, and I'm thinking, like, okay, I'll I'll just take a swing at it. What's the worst gonna happen? And I had designated four trees that I designated my apple trees that I would go get like these organic apples from and I would just go up there and I would just stake them up, you know, I'm I'm so for reference. I'm six to one, and I'm putting these things up as high as I can reach into these trees. And I check the apple trees regularly. Nothing. And then one night we go out there, it's kind of late. We just kind of rushed out real quick that just wanted to go check them real quick, and she's not. My girlfriend's not feeling too good, so she stays in the car. She comes to sit in the car. I'm gonna read my book and you go do your thing. I'm thinking, all right, whatever, And I walked this trail tons of time now and nothing weird has ever happened yet since that one time. So I walk the trail, check tree one, Tree two. Nothing. Tree three is the only one that's really off the trail. Tree one and two. I have the apples kind of around the tree, so like you really need to be looking for them, so like a good hunter woud obviously spot them, or someone who's very observant with spot them, but I try to make him as obviously not obvious at the same time. So Tree three, you have to walk off the trail only about fifteen steps, and there's this big clearing there and I'm coming up tons of owls going off right now, which what I already thought was kind of weird because no one, I don't hear that many owls out there, and they're going off everywhere. It is who who is back and forth? I'm thinking, like, man, this is getting some pretty eeriness. And I hear a bunch of rustling off to my side, and I know it's an armadilla because I've been seeing them off and on, and I'm going to like look over and see if it's an armadillan as my headlamp. I got a really high powered headlamp. As I'm swaying around, I catch eye shine off my right and I immediately snap back to it to look right at it. And I'm watching this eye shine. I know it knows that I see it now, and it's down low, so I'm thinking like, oh, it's a deer. And then it starts swaying back and forth and like really slow, kind of like a little rhythic, and I'm watching. I'm thinking like, oh crap. And then I watched it go from about four feet tall to over my head. Now it's just outside the reach of the light. The light's reflecting off the eyes, but I can't see it. There's kind of like a little silhouette there. I can't see the face, the body or nothing, but I can tell there's something standing there entirely based off the eye shine. And this eye shine is easily a foot than I am, and as soon as it stood up all the way, and I followed it the whole time going up. I'm thinking like, oh my god, this is too close now at this point, I have a firearm on me at this point, so I drew immediately because it was if it wanted to get me. It was within a few steps for something like that to be at me. I drew and I ain't right at it, and I said out loud, I go get the way from me. I watched the eye shine just kind of stare at me, and then it started like slowly like shrinking back down. I couldn't see it at the time, but where it was standing at it would like slope down, which would explain why the ice sign was shrinking. So maybe it wasn't even squatted down. Maybe it was just kind of coming up right there, and I just happened to see it as it was coming up the hill. I don't know. I went back the next day to kind of measure where I saw the eyeshine, and that's how I came up with between the seven and seven eight feet more range because there's some smaller trees there and I'm like, it wasn't a raccoon. The eyes were huge. It wasn't a black bear because I don't think those trees were anywhere capable of holding a black bear up. I tried hanging on it myself, and I'm a pretty heavy guy, and I bend them like a toothpick, almost coming over. So it's really really fueled my interest into learning more, which then led me into meeting my now friend Frank, who is actually one of our team members as well, and me and him started talking more and stuff like that, and he helped me out with some gear for thermals and night vision, and I would just regularly go out there. And now I don't really walk the trails no more. I've adapted the city and listen mentality, and every now and then I go out there. It's been dead silent in that area for a while now, so I'm assuming they must move around. So we started looking into some other areas around there so that so I always tried to coincide at whatever we're doing. If I'm doing something Bigfoot related, I want her to be able to do something she enjoys. So luckily for us, that whole area these cemeteries are the remnants of like old ghost towns pretty much, and there's three of them in that area that I know off the top of my head, actually four, And we go to the next one, which is only a stone's throwaway, and I walk this whole section one day by myself while she's cleaning of the side of the cemetery and I walk it. I've run into some people. I'm talking to them and stuff with that, and I just kind of casually mentioned, like you see anything weird, Like no, you knowing a lot of trail cams around, a lot of deer, you know, deer blinds to tree stands, something like, eh, I don't really think there's gonna be anything here. There's a lot of hunter activity. So that night, me and were talking and we're still in the area. I was like, you know what, let's just go walk it. She's like, all right, cool, we'll go walk it. So we parked the cemetery with Norm. We park at and we were walking down this trail and we get down this trail, Ah Man, not even like two three minutes into this walk, and we hear this high pitched scream. It sounded feminine. And the only reason why I sounded it sounds feminine to me now is because our team leader Mike his girlfriend. She does a very high pitched yell and it's it's almost similar. It's not quite there, but it's kind of the first time she did it, I looked right over at Frank and I was like, that was creepy. He's like, that was very similar.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It really freaked us out. So we hear this high pitched scream, and my poor girlfriend was scared. Oh man, she was so terrified. She's right, She's like, I'm I'm like, what in the world. And she's like we need to leave. I'm like, calm down, relax. I was like, stand behind me, and we're we're both a little on edge and so of that. And then you could tell when it yelled it was going away from us, because you could hear like going away. But when it was going away, it didn't make a lot of noise, you know. So we walked the trail. It's a creepy trail at night. It's around this whole pond that's over in the area there, and on the way back, kind of around that same area, we hear something. It definitely sounded like it jumped out of a tree because it was just like nothing. And then crunch crunched like very loud, and then something running off and the only way I can I can mimic the sound running off of the if it was me just running through the woods. Everything contruction leaves, and it scared her. So she's very leary by going out at night now with me. So I've had to adapt this solo rambo mentality I got now where I tend to go out a lot by myself. I feel like they're more inclined to get closer when you're by yourself. I didn't like how close the one with the eyeshine was. I would like to see one from you know, a couple more yards away. That was just way too close stage. The whole stage area out there like that. It's it's weird because there's a ton of reports in that area that I keep trying to follow up on, and luckily, I think we've pretty much found them all that we're aware of. At the moment, I'm trying to like go through a bunch of database and trying to see if the BRFO has anything, if anyone else has anything. In these other forms, these are the groups on Facebook and stuff like that. I'm actively talking to people as much as I can now. I'm trying to build a database with our team. We how we all kind of came together is funny because I met Mike just randomly, like I was talking with Frank, and I was like, well, what about Mike. He seems like he's local. I found out he lived kind of close by and stuff like that, and he was an active guy out there, always going out and stuff. So I was like, what the heck, I'll shoo him a message because poor Frank lives really far away. So talk with Mike and stuff like that. And then when me and Frank finally had a chance to meet up, Mike came out and we're all talking, shooting the breeze for a while, and then Mike's like, I got this area I want to show you guys on the other side of the road that he kind of drove down and checked out. And I haven't been over that way yet. I've been focusing mainly on the areas. Anywheys I find water on the map is where I try to spend a good amount of time there, probably a couple of weeks really work it and see if I find anything. And he found this one spot and I was like, all right, cool, let's go check out. So waal three was we glowed up and we go over there and he's got us really far back in the woods out there on foot and we hear that same exact feminine scream again. And some people are going to say it's a vixen fox. It's not a vixen fox. I had to look that up. We already compare the audio of the two and the irony is I don't remember the documentary of what it was that has Jeff Meldrum and oh god, I can't think the other research is on there. They have the same exact audio because when we heard it, when we got back to camp, me and Frank were talking it is me and Frank actually stayed out there for a couple of nights, like in that general area, and we're talking about it. He's like, I know, I've heard that audio, and then he found it and as soon as he played it, I just my head snapped right to him and I looked up like a candle. I was like, that's it, and he's like, dude, this is crazy. This was recorded back in the late nineties, early the early nineties, late eighties, and I was like, oh my gosh, man, and we tried comparing like vixen frock sounds to an other known It's not a screech owl. I've heard squeech owls plenty of times. I've even heard occasionally bard owls will sound like monkeys in the morning when they're all chittering and chattering with each other. My poor buddy. We were out camping in that general area again recently, and I was dead asleep. I sleep like a baby on the woods. It does not bother me. He's up, he goes to use the bathroom real quick, and he hears that going off in the middle of the woods, and he was freaked out and he's like, I swear it was monkey. So I checked my audio and of course the only thing you really hear in theadda really well is you know, this grizzly bear and his tent sleeping snoring away, and they kind of faintly hear it. But it's there's a lot of noises people really misinterpret out there. I think they hear things that they don't know and they just jump to conclusion instead of like doing the research and stuf of that. That's why I like backtracking to like my sighting of I'm gonna call it a juvenile because the more time I spend on it and think about it, and keep going back to that area and looking around and just trying to find more, it's got to be a juvenile. That was the only way to think about it. Between what grunted at me, which is what I think, what I caught the eyeshine of, and then that it blows me away to think that this is even a possibility now. So then fast forward, I'd say maybe about two months after me and Frank go out. Yeah, I would say about two months after that, me and my younger brother are out because he's interested in all so that, you know, as I go out and stuff like that, and I was like, well you can come with me. He's like, I'll come with you. So we're out one night, we're just walking around, so that I told him find out. I was like, nine times at a time when I go out, nothing happens. I was like, honestly, nothing's going to happen almost all the time. It's the anomalies that happened that one title millipercentage that happens. We're out walking around so that we're just talking. I'm just kind of showing them the trail. It's it's kind of dark now and stuff with that. He's having fun, you know, and I can tell he's a little freaked out because every noise he hears, he's kind of looking around. I'm like, it's an armadillo, you know it. Now, that's a bird over there. Don't worry about it. It's this and that. That's dear. And we find these ribbons. They're like tattered up and so whatever, but they're like marking a trail. So I asked him, I was like, you want to go off trail a little bit. He's like sure, So we walk off trail and we get back there pretty far. We fall all the ribbons on the back. I'm honestly expecting to find like a camp or something, because there are poachers who will poach the deer out in that area out of season. I've seen the bodies completely cut up, and I know it's a hunter because they're completely filad open. So it's unfortunately it happens. What happens, and we get back there, no camp, no nothing. So I carry on me a hickory hatchet handle. That's my knocker, my tree knocker. I use gives off a nice, really good percussion when it hits things. So I go one, two, and then I wait and listen, and I have audio rolling, and just as we're getting in the walk away, we hear loud as can be, almost sounds like a gunshot off on my audio. And I look back at my brother and he goes, what And I was like, I told you man. He's like, nah, there's somebody out here, and I was like, I don't know, Bud. I was like, it's pretty ballsy to be out in the woods, especially in Florida of old states, to be acting wild like that. I was like, that's a good way of getting yourself hurt in more than one way. So we hear the bang. We come walking back out to the trail. We're kind of standing around. I'm just listening, and every time I have something happen, I always go lights off like that. I want no lights. I want everything just be quiet because I want my night vision to come in. I want to go see and we're scanning around nothing. So we walked the rest of the trail and on the way back we're just discussing stuff like that. I'm explaining things to him and he goes, he's like Mike, Mike. He grabs my the shirt. He's like stop and I'm like what. He's like, there's ice shine right there and I can't see it. I'm like looking around because I thought I saw kind of like a blackish furish color, but it I couldn't make it out. In times, I can't sit there and say that's what I saw. But it was something moved and I'm looking around, looking around, I don't see nothing of that. I'm like, he's still there's now and we're looking around. So I was like, all right, I want to go back a little bit. He's okay, and I was like okay, and he's like, yeah, you know, big brother, making sure my younger brother's all right. We walked back there, and in the spot where he saw the eye shine at it was almost like if something would have put its arm down on the ground and then swiped it away, like trying to clear off an area. And we're looking around nothing. I don't see no hair, no footprints, naa. So I'm thinking, like, man, that's that's weird. And my brother at this point he's like, he's like that's impossible, and I'm like it's it's crazy, and he goes, there's no way that that eyeshine I saw got away without making a single sound. He's like, we didn't hear nothing run away from us this whole time. So we come back out of the trail. We're walking back out and I'm looking around and I have my letter light on and I'm looking down, and just as I'm about the step, I stopped because I'm looking down at the ground and there's this huge impression. It's it's massive, and it could be paradolia. I'm not gonna sit there and say that it's not a possibility, but it's it's almost too close. And other people I have showed the pictures to are very like that could be that. I'm like, I know, and that's why I'm okay with you scrutinizing it, because I want to scrutinize that. I want some to prove me wrong, prove me that I'm just being parentally. And if we're both staring at him, my brother grasped me and he goes, do you see the size of that me? He's losing it at this point. And I wear a size thirteen. I wear thirteen why I have a wide foot? He wears a size fourteen, but he has a narrow foot a little bit longer, and he's got his foot up that I got mine up to it, and we're taking pictures and we're just like, godly this my foot can sit inside this one like a baby. It's huge. It's a good size foot. And of course, being the novice I was at the time, no faster, no nothing. I have everything on me now when I go out, like I have a huge kit that I carry on my back from first day to camping survival, something happens the whole nine yards now because I have all that, nothing will ever happen. I'll never find the evidence ever again. And watch. But that was a fun night and he's been hooked ever since. And every time we get a chance, we try to go out together and stuff like that. But we've really spent a lot of time in that area, really pushing it and I'm trying to keep it as ethnic as possible and stuff like that. I've made a video, so I tried doing the YouTube thing a little bit here and there, so that part of me it feels awkward when I'm doing it. I don't know, maybe I'm just I mean, I should just feelm me just talking in those areas more about it, So I kind of like describing things and like really picking the brain of the audience and see what other people think. But it's I don't want to blow the spot up, so I try to keep it on the wraps because it is a public area. They people come and go all the time. I see hunters all the time, hikers all the time, horsebike riders all the time. That area is it's very unique because it has a high density of reports, and I think it has to high denser reports because it's kind of like cradled around a bunch of people, Like there's clusters of farmhouses all around it, and then you have very large, dense suburban areas not very far from there. That whole forest has just been pushed back so far that I'm not surprised that people are having more reports than sightings now of whether it be sasquatch or dog man or whatever people are seeing now. I think people are seeing it because these these areas that these things are in are being so decimated and pushed back that it's just an amount of time before someone has another sighting. So it's a lot of fun. It gets scary. I try to stay as stoic as I can and just be brave. But when you're face to face with something that's clearly very large compared to you, it's it's very nerve wracking. And anyone who's had encounters like that, I guarantee they know exactly what I'm talking about. You get that. It's that chill, that little tingle in the back of your neck, and you're just like, oh no, because you don't know what can happen. Like I'm not carrying some high caliber, you know, rifle with me and stuff like that. I'm in Florida. It's standard carry, nothing crazy. Honestly, I should probably carry something higher than a nine, but it's just standardized defense that I'm caring. I'm more worried about a wild person than I am a sasquatcher, because even though there are reports of attacks, how often does it actually happen? You know, nowadays you feel like if it happens, we would know about it more. But the idea of that happening to me is very slim. And I think that's why I'm so comfortable when we go out camping and so that because I'm very I just listen all the time, so even if I'm dead asleep and I hear like a snap or something like that, I wake up instant. I just listen. But one thing I will backtrack to that was very interesting to say. I don't I'm not going to classify and for sound because I don't know enough about in for sound to really discuss it. I'm just going to discuss a weird occurrence that happened when me and Frank went camping the first time out there. We were what was it was the day before we were wrapping up, so I had it been like a Saturday night we were. We just went out, spent some time, and so with that hung out with some of the people, sat out on an area. Nothing happened. We're back at camp and we're sitting there and out of nowhere, my left ear is ring, like really loud. And I didn't say anything, but Frank look at me. He goes, man, my right ear is ringing really loud, which would be the ear that same side he was facing me, and I go, that's weird because my left ear is ring and we both look off in a direction. Nothing. We see nothing of it, right, So we go to bed and I go to bed and the next morning, I get up, I'm going around, go to to the bathroom and come back and Frank is sitting outside his tent. I said, okay, he said, buddy, I don't feel good at all. It's poor guy, Like, we didn't know if he had carbon anox side poisoning because it was cold this time of year, and even though yes, it does get cold in Florida, we had a very freak winner recently. It was very cold. Even I had a heater, but my tent is very open air at the top to the like air circulating stuff, and he has a hot tent, so his designed to hold in heat, but it's also designed to circulate the air and not get stale in their form. So we're thinking maybe carbon anoxide here, you know, because of the heater he had in there. And I were like, he's like, man, I don't know. So we actually had him go to the hospital and he got transferred by the MS, and after he got out, they have no idea what happened to him. It's not carbon anoxide poisoning nothing. That poor dude was tore up. Whatever happened to him, and it hasn't happened since, so we don't know. We both scratched our heads to that. I don't know if he's looked into the infrasound more. I looked into a little little bit of it, and it seems like people have different reactions to it. A great example the everybody knows is RPG who's also a member of Squash NFL. He had that experience out there where it just floored him and he had to step away from the show. The whole nine yards like they really tore them up. There's something that goes on in that sound frequency that's really messing humans up where it gets as very sick from you know, vertigo, nausea the whole nine yards. So I had a really bad headache that morning. There wasn't nothing crazy. I just took some tie and all I think I had in my bag and moved on. And Yeah, poor frank man, that tore him up. That was That was a scary experience out there. So fast forward some more, Me and Frank get another chance to go out camping in that general area for that, so we didn't camp at the same spot we did last time I've been. I walked the trails a bunch during the day, and I've marked out different areas on my map and stuff where I find clearings at and stuff. So we go camping in some of these clearings whenever we get a chance. And we have one really good clearing it was there in old lake beds, so we're thinking like, oh, that'll be fantastic, let's go down there. So we go camping down there and stuff. And at the time, Mike's previous team that he was with, he they all were coming out that general area too, so they were like, hey, can we come by and meet up with you? And I were like, Ash, sure, why not, No big deal, right, So we meet up, we talk, we walk around so that I meet Robert who's part of our team now as well. He's real big into the whole cave systems in Florida. That guy's got pluffer of knowledge of the cave systems. And he was telling me some different areas out there and stuff. So like my suspicions about where the water was and someone that was correct, and he when he validated that for me, I was like, oh good. So I was like, I'm not a completely more on when it comes to reading maps. I'm really a big map nerd. So we spent some time out there and stuff, walked around, he showed some other areas. Nothing really happens as per usual nine times, like I said, nine times at ten you go out there, nothing's gonna happen. So don't ever get discouraged. If you go out to your favorite spot thirty times, nothing happens. Thirty one might be at the charm. So we're back at camp and we're talking, just me and Frank's talking, and we hear and I just to go hip like loud as can be on the other side of the dry lake bed. And we look at each other and I'm I I'm just I'm giggling and I was like, no way, buddy. He's like, it was that your first yip? And I was like that one hundred percent was I was like I've not heard one before. And he's like that's crazy, isn't it. And I was like, man, Frank, I really owe him a lot of credit, a lot of panics. He really got me immersed into this more. And then Mike didn't like he didn't ease me into it. He like grabbed me by the collar and like dragged me out into it. I was like, come on, I'm like, all right, here we go and I've been in some areas of Mike where I'm just like, you're gonna get this killed. But we've been in some areas. Man. There was this one spot that Mike took me out to. He's been looking at it on the map. He's like, you want to come out with me. I was like, yeah, I'll go with you. So we go out there and we get way back in there and stuff. I don't want to spoil too much because Mike's got some pretty good stories of that area, but it was weird. It's something was definitely like it felt like we were being watched the whole time because this section, if I could literally just keep walking straight, like from where we got off the road, so it'd be east. If I could just keep heading or west, it would put you right out into the gulf. And it's so bizarre back there. It's like a marsh slash forest at the same time. You could step one way this way and it's marshy in one way. The other way, it's complete normal force. It was It's a very cool environment, insane amount of bugs. But we're walking back there and like we hear like these snaps and these twigs and it's almost like a mouth pop, you know that they do. And we're looking around now at the time, thanks to mister Frank, I have a much new toys now. I've got night vision and thermal, so I've got thermal up mine. I'm scanning around nothing. Mike's looking around nothing. So we started walking back and it, man, it sounded like something to pacing us on the way out. Couldn't see it, couldn't get in the thermal the whole time, but man, there was something there that was that was pretty eerie, and I'm like, ah, I need to get back to that spot. I we haven't been there in a while. But the the whole research aspect of this thing, and I use the term research on myself lightly because again I'm more of a past guy. I deal with that on my day to day basis. So that's my knowledge of animals is based entirely off of like what nuisence animal for your house, and then like different kind of tree life, different kind of like grass, slide, all that stuff like that, any kind of hedges, you know, ornamentals, you name it. I deal with all that stuff. So I learn I like to learn about different like trees and stuff, so I try to apply that to what I do in my day to day when I'm out in the field with these guys. Know what, I know, I'm more of a boots in the ground kind of guy. I think armchair quarterbacking sasquat for research is not the way to go. I think you need to be out there shredding through the mud and really looking. There's definitely something to this subject. People really don't like to acknowledge it for some reason. Don't really know why. It's fun. It's enjoyable because at the end of the day, if nothing happens, I'm still in the woods having a good time. I'm hanging out with people I enjoy hanging out with, taking the mother nature and enjoying my day. The idea of there being a eight foot plus tall Harry hominid walking around the forest, it's it's scary and insanely intriguing at the same time, because it's like, what are you? What are we? Are we you? Or are we the same thing or you entirely something different? Like what exactly are you? And I'm just a curious person, so like I would love to see whatever the eye shine was in broad daylight, because it was so big like every time I picture that eye shine in my mind and like just how close it was. The part of me is like, man, I really that could have went south real fast. I'd be part of the next missing for one book or something. Then, uh, that was I would love to see that. I have a spot out there I love sitting on because I just I bring a little fold up chair. I mean I just pop it out and I just sit there and I'll put a podcast on or something like that, or just listen, or maybe someone will call me out have an earbuddy, and I just relax and just look around and listen. Hikers will come by all wave, but I'm with that. Sometimes they come and talk to me and stuff. The reports I get from those guys are great. There's actually one gentleman who came into the mind of Frank's camp one time, just randomly, which was why we don't camp at that one spot nowhere. There's a lot of people for some reason who just think it's okay to walk into someone's camp and it's like, meanwhile, I've got a gun like tapped out of my shirt, and he's got one right there. We're just like, yeah, now go on. And he was telling us about the caves out in this one area. So that and how he threw a rope down the one he was going to go down to the one and something I yelled at him. So naturally we're like, oh, I got to go check that out now. And the caves out in this area are fenced off. The forest hasn't fenced off. For one they are dangerous. I don't caring what says, you can get hurt doing this, So if you don't know what you're doing, don't go into these caves. Like I don't know what I'm doing, so I don't put my giant self in these caves because they're going to have to bring a crane to pull me out. So these areas are fenced off as of that, and this whole area when you sit out there, it doesn't look like Florida because it's on like an old lime rock quarry from way back in the day. I think it's like in the sixties or something like that. They said maybe the late seventies, and that whole area. Any of the old timers I talk in that area, they all have stories of the forest people skunk abe the whole nine yards. So it's really fun when they see that I'm interested in then I'm not like scoffing at him and poo pooing what they're doing. That they kind of open up start talking more about it and stuff, and that's really helped us out a lot as a group to really push our research further into the field of where we want to go. It's with that, it's gotten to the point now where they know I focus on one area because I really like going there and stuff with that, and then the other ones will focus on different areas and we just kind of all share our stories with each other, like, oh, I tried this, this is we just see what works. The apple tree is, for example, I put out nothing ever takes them, which I think is kind of weird. Nothing touches them, and every now and then I'll find one knocked off, laying on the ground, no bike marks, no nothing on it, and I'm like, that's so bizarre to me. It's the lack of wildlife in some of these areas I go to that I find to be very interesting because it's like there should be squirrels and birds and everything all the time, and a lot of times there's not. But nothing ever happens. You would expect you to sa see a knock or even eye more eyeshine or something else. Nothing happens. But there it's just dead quiet. And I've gotten so used to that to where I just kind of ignore it now and act like I'm just oblivious to it in the hopes that like listening to some sort of response, and it every now and then I'll get like a little you know, pop or something, but nothing crazy. It's it's a very interesting area. I really enjoyed researching it. People really should focus on their spots more. I feel like, I really think you can really miss things if you keep spreading out too much. Like it's fun to go to a new area and stuff like that, but if you have somewhere's close to you that you can really work with them, like your time frame and stuff, push it, hammer it. Go out there, do the research, spend the time out there, hang out, especially if there's hiking trails and stuff like that. Just hike the trails, Like don't don't don't go out there looking for you know, you're going out I'm gonna look for. Make what you're not gonna you're not gonna find like that, go out there and try to meet the people who frequent those areas too, and see if you can, you know, collaborate some stories that they have, like oh, why I was over on you know, so and so rich and something kept making these weird knocks over there and stuff like that. And then that's where I would go hang out in that general area, in my same area, just a little further, like a yard or two that way, and just with us hammering that spot. I've had the eye Shine experience there. Mike has had the eye Shine experience there. Mike saw something there at one time run off on him and his kids. It's it's bizarre. It's got to the point where even a lady who lives adjacent to the area has reached out to Mike and was telling him like, hey, I used to ride horses in this area all the time, and my horse always get freaked out in this one area. And then he took a screenshot of where she pinpointed, and sure enough, that's where I go had my first encounter and my my major of my research all I do is out there, and I was like, man, it's all coming together. It's just coincidence. It's like that. It makes it so much fun. You got to just keep pushing. Recently, I decided to start pushing up to the go State Forest because there's just the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds reports for up there, and I know for a fact the BRFO is not getting a chance to go through other reports because I know for a fact they don't have enough researchers in the state of Florida who are people who are submitting those reports to them, that they can go through them all. So a lot of these reports go unchecked, so they reach out to other sources, other Facebook groups and stuff like that, and all I do is I just type in keywords to find it on Facebook, and I'll message people individually like Hey, I want to hear your story, can you tell me where it was, and stuff like that. The Go Thi State Forest, I think is a seriously overlooked hot spot. Everyone really focuses on Cala. My area, I feel like is an accidental hot spot. I think I just found it at the right time of year, because when I had my encounter is back in September of twenty twenty five, so I haven't had too much luck there recently, and I don't know if maybe because the humidity and stuff. Maybe they move around further inland or maybe even more to the coast. But I've been kind of like backing off that area and I'll go out every now and then like random. I'll just go randomly. I don't try to plan it. I'm just like I'm gonna go tonight. I'll just get up kiss go from Gobye. I'll step out the door and be gone for a couple hours. And I think the go Thy State Forest is going to be a very very good producer of evidence the stories out there that I've heard. I have a friend I met from doing this who lives up in that general area who told me about an encounter he had out by my original area where something came in was growling at them and stuff like that. So me and him linked up and we're like we should as mutual interest like that. He's an older gentleman, so he doesn't really go out by himself, but he he came out with me and Franklin to go camping for a while to go check out our report that he got up there, and really cool guy. Honestly, I cannot say enough about this dude. Joe is a really well rounded person and We're going to try to spend more time up there and see what else we can produce. So if any of your listeners live in that general area, have had any counter in that area, and they want to reach out to you, they could reach out to me or vice versa. That would be fantastics. I would love to hear more about it and actually get out there and go research those areas. It's it's fun. People need to get out and do it more. I think I'd rather be looking for sasquatch than dog man, though I think I'd rather pass on that. Luckily, there's not too many reports of that in Florida.
Speaker 1: Don't be too sure about there not being a good population of dog men in Florida, because yeah, there are quite a few down there. And with that in mind, you mentioned it now, But when you've been out doing field investigations, if you ever thought about the possibility of you bumping into one, bumping into a dog man, and if you did that, would that almost make you want to pack up and head home.
Speaker 2: The idea of running into one of those things. I firmly believe there has to be some really good credence to that, because you have the story of the LBL and the fact that that's a real police report and they found that young girl up the tree, staked in the tree, is that's terrifying, Like could that have been a person? Sure could have been a maniac. Also, that's very animal like behavior to drag something up a tree. So the idea, oh man, it gives me goosebumps every time I talk about that story. The idea of running into a dog man, it's it would definitely lead to pause. If I saw one, I'd probably be walking around with a higher caliber. I know my one buddy goes out with a higher caliber. I'm honestly in the ballparker probably get a higher caliber myself specifically for something like that, because like you hear these stories of these people just dumping around in these things and they just keep coming and I'm like that, that's scary that the idea of seeing that face to face is terrifying. Nobody wants to see that. And I hear in all the stories of on these podcasts and people talking about it, when they see it face to face, you can hear even if if they're faking it, they're really good at faking fear because of the way they're describing it. That's a fear response that's immediately like the recognization of like this thing wants to hurt me. It's I'm foo to whatever this is. And there's a lot of stories and reports them I know from Okalla. I don't know where any reds else maybe you know of, but I know a lot of them come out of Okaala State Forest. So I've only been there once. Nothing happened. I'm not even gonna bring it up because it was just, you know, a fun time to go out with some friends. But I'm interested in going out there and seeing if we can find some evidence of them after I get a hire caliber to have my hip. I don't want to be out there and run into that face to face seeing that as close as I saw the ice shine, that would probably scare the crap out of me. Honestly, I like to say, I'm pretty, you know, pretty stoke in how I handle myself. I'm not really scared of much like that. I don't freak out every sound, so I just listen and I'm very observant so that again, I'm a larger guy, and my mindset is that we are the kings of the jungle. I don't care anyone says mankind rules this planet for a reason. We mold everything to fit us, and something like that. You can't bend and mold it because it's going to bend and mold you as it sees fit. It's it's very scary to even think that other people have experienced that or have lost their lives to something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most people don't react very well to seeing a dog, mean that close, as close as what you saw that sasquatch that night, that's a given. It's one thing to think sasquatch exists, Mike. It's totally different though, to know they do. With that in mind, and what ways has your life being changed now that you know definitively that sasquatch or reality.
Speaker 2: It's opened me up to more possibilities. Again, I've always been interested in like the paranormal and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I grew up when Ghost Hunters came out. I'm sci fi, so I watched that. I was like, oh, this is so cool, you know, And I've always been interested in so that. But a lot of times I hear so many stories in my first thought processes, bull crap, No way you didn't see that, and then I've even when i'd hear stories as a kid, I'd be well, take me there, show me, and they're like, oh, I can't. I'm like, yeah, you're lying. And now I'm like, maybe they're not. They're not lying. Maybe I'm Maybe I'm the problem there by not being more open minded back then, and so I've gotten older, I'm like, I could be more open minded about this. So after seeing what I saw, and again, it could have definitely been a Champanzee in the woods, but like the fingers, it looked like us, just hairy, you know, it was jet black. I was. I was physically taller than whatever I saw go across the trail. It could have been a Champanzee. But the idea of a wild animal Florida that's gotten out of somebody's house like that, it's not far fetched. Then. I'm pretty sure that's kind of not far fetched in every state in the US because how large we are. People do weird things. People do weird behavior here. They have weird habits, they do weird collections. It's a normal thing. So the idea that they exist and are real, to me, it's just made life a little bit more funner, I would say, they answer your question. It's it was a lot to take in, but now it's just more like I get excited, you know when somebody calls me, Hey, do you want to go to the spot, like, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's great. Yeah's just giving you another thing in your life to look forward to. And I guarantee there are no chimps running around it. When they stand up, they're a foot two feet taller than you are. So yeah, that definitely wasn't a gymp.
Speaker 2: Well I'm saying the small one I saw could have been, but the big one definitely ain't. No seven eight foot tall chip run around. I guess that would be what the Gigano pithiciss they talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then some other than being attacked by a sasquatch and never having a clear daylight sighting, what's your biggest fear when it comes to doing field investigations?
Speaker 2: People, people, people worry me. There's a reason why everyone has the joke Florida man. You know what I mean? There are some really wild people out there. Great example is one of the time it's being Frank Rout and we were out scouting some areas like that. And we came back to camp to make some lunch and some of that, and we had these two individuals sitting in our camp in our chairs and we're both like staring at him. We're like, are you kidding me? And again they were an older couple, so I get they were tired of that. But like there was benches and other things there. It's a camps that you reserve. So I'm like, you know, that's pretty ballsy to just do that randomly. And I've run some really odd people in the woods. I've run some very awesome people in the woods too, who are just normal hunters. And those usually my favorite people will talk to. They see everything. People scare me in the woods because you never know about that element of like what are they gonna do? You know, with animals, you can kind of predict most of their behavior. Satsquash dook Man, you really can't do that. But I'm talking about your everyday animals. They bogs and stuff like that. If you can keep away from them and they don't really get sent to you, you're usually pretty safe. You know, most black bears they see you, they take off running. I've been very fortunate in my life of thirty four years old to be able to see two Florida panthers. That was really cool. But people scare me. The element of people in the woods is it's a wild factor that everyone should really take into account when you going out there. That's why when people talk about going out and not having some form of protection and stuff with that, I kind of scoff at that acts. I'm like, man, you gotta have something, Carrie Spray, I have something on you, just something to protect yourself from. Please, because it's it's it's not sasquatching everything else I'm worried about. It's it's people.
Speaker 1: Well, that's understandable. You had your first experience of that old cemetery. Do you think there's anything to the notion that sasquatch or drawn to cemeteries?
Speaker 2: So I read into that a lot because again I went down the rabbit hole after my experience, and I think maybe because it's a quiet area, but at the same time it seems kind of out of place. It's like, wouldn't you suspect people to show up eventually? Mine would make sense because again, this one, you really have to go off trail to get to it. There's four of them. In this forest and this one it's probably second hardest to get to, but the other ones are really hard to get to. So I don't really know if there's a lot of proof to that. But I've also heard stories that dog man are also attracted as cemeteries too, because it seems to be a lot of reports circulating around, like Michigan's a great example of all the remote cemeteries out there. So I don't know. Maybe it's a quiet place, maybe it's an energy thing. There's some cemeteries that we've gone to to Clinging where it's I see all the I have kids. I have two kids myself, so anytime I see small tombstones and you know, very short years of life, it kind of chokes me up because it really brings it to my appreciation for my children, how I have them now and stuff, and it makes me sad, you know. So maybe it's an energy thing. I've heard that so many times now that I really don't know how to give that a straight answer, but it's it's weird. There's a lot of reports around some terris.
Speaker 1: It sure does seem like there might be something to that, and if there is, it sure makes you wonder what would draw them to a cemetery.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. It's again, I'm leaning more towards maybe like the energy factor of the cemetery. The cemetery that we spend a lot of time on, the one where this happened. It's an old colored cemetery, it's an old black cemetery, and it's it's kind of neglected and so that so fortunately for me and my girlfriend, we reached out to the State Forester Department and we were given legal permission to be in there and help maintain and help fix things up and stuff like that, and we try to do as much as we can out there or what we have. So it's it again, I've mean thinking about it now talking about this view, I'd definitely say it's probably gonna be more about the energy of the factor, because there's been times we've gone to that cemetery night where you like, you feel like something's wrong, you know, like you really shouldn't be there, and then most time we're there, it's fine to any other cemetery, nothing crazy, you know, odd feelings.
Speaker 1: Well, if there are drawing to energies around cemeteries, and that would lend credence to the idea that there are supernatural beings or spiritual beings, so one thing leads to another. I guess when it comes to that. I don't know. When the sasquatch was moving across your field of view, holding its arms the way it did, were shoulders facing toward its direction of travel or did it have its shoulders facing you while.
Speaker 2: It moved sideways direction or travel? It almost looked like it was using until I kind of help balance it. You know, if I had to guesstimate how tall, i'd say that thing was, then it was some four to five feet. Because I was at six', ONE i was definitely am much larger than. It SO i don't know the. Anatomy maybe someone else has seen these juveniles and maybe they have a hard time walking in their early years or. Something mike said we talked about. It he's, like maybe it was trying to be bigger than you BECAUSE i saw how big you. Were you, know WHEN i Say i'm, Big i'm not, like you, Know i'm just a tall. Guy but he's, like MAYBE i saw how big you were and it's got, worried and so that WAS i don't. Know it was. Weird but then WHEN i were at the zoo a few months pasted after that happened with the, kids AND i was over about the primate area And i'm watching them walk around and they were doing the same, thing using it from it and look like they were using it for a balance to go, across like just walking on the. Grass and my car comes over and she smacks me in the. Show she's like stop. IT i was like, What she's, LIKE i know what you're. Doing you're staring at them trying to understand why that thing walked away a. LOT i was, LIKE i have know what you're talking. About she's on to.
Speaker 1: You, yeah you can take a squatcher out of the, woods but you can't take the woods out of a.
Speaker 2: SQUATCHER i ain't that the. TRUTH i feel like EVERYTHING i do, now every TIME I i, work like anywhere's in like a remote. Area i'm always looking in the tree line now and stuff and just kind of scanning. Around And i'll telling, you, well one Day i'm a find like a really good tree break Because i'm kind of Like iffy on the tree break things and stuff like. That and IF i find like one that's really high up and makes no sense that it's perfectly snap over someone's. BACKYARD i might start a different conversation when it WHEN i finish up What i'm. Doing all that you.
Speaker 1: Might you, know that's a good thing, though helps you notice. Things how sure are you that what you saw that night was eye shine and not back lit?
Speaker 2: Eyes it looked right at, me it was it was where it was and the eye. Shine so we've SEEN i guess it would be the second. TIME i. Guess how DO i want to put? This so me And mike were together one night and we're an inch cheap and he was flipping around AND i saw what looked like eye. SHINE i can't guarantee you eye, shine but it was like that, yellowish kind of greenish. Color it almost reminded me a little bit of like a cat eye when you shine a light at it or something like, that and you could see the. Reflection and that's HOW i knew because like WHEN i saw the eye shine, INITIALLY i mind, YOU i was turning my head BECAUSE i was going to look at whatever was making all that noise in the, brush AND i caught it completely by accident and just snapped my head right to. It because IMMEDIATELY i was, like oh, Crap.
Speaker 1: I'll bet you said something a little more harsh than, that BUT i understand AND i appreciate. It you told us about all those owls you heard hooting that. Night how sure are you though that those were actually owls and not something else.
Speaker 2: Some of them, were Because i've heard owls all my life growing. UP i grew up in the. STICKS i, live you, know in a city pretty much, NOW i say, Loosely i'm gonna use you, know air quotes here for a city. Quote but Spring hill is not what it used to be WHEN i was growing. Up but WHERE i grew up at was actually kind of closer to where this sighting is not right on, it but you, know twenty thirty minutes away from there as opposed to WHERE i am. Now So i've heard owls all my. Life i've heard the screech, owls and some of them sounded like, owls and some of them sounded a little bit. Deeper i'm not a certainly they were all. Owls it could have. Been i've heard stories of people talking about them. MIMICKING i can't sit here and Say i've definitely heard, that BECAUSE i. Haven't i've loved to hear it and catch on an audio and just put it out there for other people to be, like that's, it that's WHAT i, heard you know WHAT i. Mean but it was really weird because we've walked that trail so many times AND i hear barn owls every now and. Then there were so many that, night and it was just back and, forth back and, forth back and forth the whole TIME i was. WALKING i think it was BECAUSE i was by. Myself that was one of the first TIMES i was really by myself walking the.
Speaker 1: Trail, yeah you would know all that, experience all that time out there in the, woods growing up in the, Woods so, yeah you would definitely. Know what's been the hardest lesson you've had to learn while investigating these.
Speaker 2: Guys not to get your hopes, up not to go out and expect something to, happen because it's not gonna. HAPPEN i feel like a broken record plan is saying. THIS i told us to everybody who asked me about, this like at, work say, No i'm interested in this stuff like, that or family and friends asked me about. It to not go out and expect you to, see you, know a beast standing in them of the road waving at. You, saying, hey how's it, Going because it's not gonna, happen you have a chance. ENCOUNTER i wasn't doing this a year. AGO a year, AGO i was just hanging out with my girlfriend doing other things like, That like completely by chance THAT i fell into. This never in my life THOUGHT i would ever see, one BECAUSE i would Just i'd go into the woods all the, time fishing and. Stuff never had anything. Happen but then after, this NOW i look back on stuff And i'm just, like, gee, maybe.
Speaker 1: YEAH i have the experiences that you've, had and it'll definitely open up your eyes to the. Possibilities that's a. Given what's about time for us to call it, Here. Mike but before we, DO i just want to thank you so much for coming. On i'm sharing those experiences with. US i really appreciate.
Speaker 2: IT i appreciate you to give me the time to voice, this and you got a good. Platform i've listened to quite a few of your. EPISODES i really enjoy what you're, doing and hopefully in the, future if something else, Happens i'll have some really, good juicy stories for.
Speaker 1: You well you, Know i'll be here if anything like that. Happens, yeah please do let me. Know i'd love to bring you back. ON i appreciate you. Well it goes two. Ways thanks again so much for your time and have a great.
Speaker 3: Night that's it for another episode Of Bigfoot Eyewitness radio With Vic. Kundiff if you've had a sasquatch encounter and would like to be a guest on the, show please go To Bigfoot eyewitness dot com and submit a. Report we'd love to hear from. You thanks for, listening have a great.
Speaker 2: Night