Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Tuesday, January sixth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Giant BombCast. I am your host, jan O Showa. Welcome to John BombCast, Episode nine hundred and twenty two. Joining me as always, co captain of the ship, Jeff gru Hey.
Speaker 1: Happy to be here. Jan twenty twenty six. We did it.
Speaker 2: Nothing hurts to him, whether it's five giga hurts or two point four giga hurts.
Speaker 3: Damn Rekert.
Speaker 4: There's a six now. I was in my router settings and they make a six WiFi. Now, yeah, here's this is six?
Speaker 3: Oh real wi Fi?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that a match with cat? Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait does this joke work? It's it's it's Wi Fi Balboa?
Speaker 4: No, No, because he's I mean, it's a bad Joey. It's a bad joke, but you understand where it came from. I get where you're going with nodding vigorously, but I think you're.
Speaker 1: Like also, like, are you talking about the six giga hurts bandwidth or you talk about Wi Fi six two different?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I went in my settings there was two point four five and six now yeah, so you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about okay, so yeah, you're talking about six Giga hurts, Yes.
Speaker 4: And the sixth Rocky move. Yeah, just keep on stumbling out of the gates.
Speaker 2: God, I forgot what was going to introduce backlar As, But Jeff, Backlar's here. Hey, Jeff, I can't blame you, Jan, that was rough. Really come back from something like that by saying it was a bad joke. Yeah, but life tells a bad joke. It's kind of like charming. Still, you didn't.
Speaker 1: Soften it at all, Dan, It just hurt more.
Speaker 5: Acts.
Speaker 3: I wasn't trying to charm you, Fellas. I was just trying to say a bad joke. You know what.
Speaker 2: Okay, I should have taken that into consideration, you know, Dan, Uh, we'll well, we'll start it, we'll start again. Well we're not gonna start the whole show again, but uh, give me.
Speaker 3: A chance on nothing hurts to him.
Speaker 2: Uh. He loves grafts and scales and stats, Dan, record.
Speaker 1: That's men.
Speaker 3: How's it going? Twenty twenty six? Fellas ready to do another year of Giant bomb dot Com? Right, folks, that's right.
Speaker 2: He's ready to have the happiest New Year because he's the happiest person here.
Speaker 7: Jeff mackalar I am the happiest person in attendance on this podcast. Thank you for highlighting that.
Speaker 2: Jan and he's a per boy of games media.
Speaker 5: My like Manadi, My new year's resolution is to be even better than ever. Watch out everybody. If you thought I was teetering on the edge of cancelation before, just look out. At twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: He was pantiless the entire time at Games Done Quick. He just would he refused, refused.
Speaker 2: That's why he was the lower left corner pants less. He was without called pants less, okay, asserting dominance dicks out for speed running. He kept saying it was really awkward.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year to the folks at home. Hey, shouts out to our friends at main Gear. You know, if you want to, you want to help the crew, go to main gear dot com slash giant Bomb, go buy yourself a PC, Go buy yourself a faceplate. Jeff Grubb, what's another way that folks can support the podcast and the website and the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could support us by showing up, but also you could support us by going to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member. Because we are independent games media, independent games, media, media being more important than ever because corporations are pulling more and more away from this space. So it's up to us to support this and you can do that by going to GiantBomb dot com slash join, become that premium member. It gets you a bunch of goodies. We're doing a ton more goodies in twenty twenty six. It's the time of goodies, is my understanding, and we want to deliver on that. It's gonna make your premium sub even more valuable. But really the big thing here is it means the world to us. We see everybody supporting us. Thank you so much. Let's keep it going in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's soon going to be a year of the Horse, and it's going to be a horse just carrying a bunch of goodies.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Speaking about goodies, we would like for some good people to help Chuck out. We do have the new website up and running shots out to Chuck, but Chuck needs help on the Giant Bomb wiki. And you can help Chuck if you have PHP experience, Wiki experience, various other coding language experience, and if you need more deats, go to BombCast dot com Slash wiki or join the Giant Bomb Discord. It's a lovely place to be and go find the wiki, Street Team, Discord Channel.
Speaker 3: Boys, it's Toy Toy six. I haven't seen y'all. I mean I saw y'all yesterday, but it's been a minute.
Speaker 2: I've been sitting at this desk during the break thinking like what if?
Speaker 3: What if I I want a podcast? I want to.
Speaker 4: Talk You're not doing You get into this flow doing it every week, and then all of a sudden games are coming out. You're not on Zoom calls and Discord calls and podcasting all the time.
Speaker 3: It is a weird period. It always has been.
Speaker 1: I played old games and then I did. I did get dressed up in my knuckles costume just to take a photo.
Speaker 4: Like I was wondering what possible reason. I was like, is there an ad he was recording? Why would he need the knuckles?
Speaker 1: I just I was just missing it, just to feel alive, Just to feel alive. Yeah, I was missing not playing leisure suit Larry, Like that's what I was missing.
Speaker 5: Don't play les Larry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was not playing exactly. You don't know what we're doing our free time.
Speaker 5: Mikey I got a rug.
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, very skeptical of the rug, like maybe the most skeptical anyone's ever been of a problem.
Speaker 5: Mike, tell them, like, tell him the whole arc here your problems. I get a blank text with my friend like do you want a rug? And I'm like, boy, I don't know. I get to see a world where this becomes a big problem for me, where I don't like the rug and it's just I have hardwood floors, hang on, I want to be pepurt here.
Speaker 4: So you said a big problem for you where you don't like the rug. You could just sell it or give it away.
Speaker 5: Right exactly. Now that's my problem, se No, it was my friend's problem. He's responsible for this unwanted rug. And now I'm just going to claim responsibility for that wills and everywhere for a reason. It's a whole thing. Plus, I was like, can I see the rug? And he said no, I don't wait. That's weird because I don't want to unfurl it because I don't want to be world What is that? He had a picture of it fur old. It was hard to get a good idea there.
Speaker 1: Who is this friend? Is he really your friend?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's been my friends. It's high school. Yeah, his game weirdly also furl and no, it's not the poop City slam of jam a guy.
Speaker 3: Friend do you refer to. That's not in the games industry. It's just poop city.
Speaker 2: That's all of your friends. It wasn't just one person. It was a collective gym showt.
Speaker 5: So my instinct was to say no. But then I started having like big rug fomo, like what if this rug is just beautiful and immaculate and it was free? And I say no, I'll get the rug. I'll get the rug. It's like, okay, by the way, there are two runners, do you want them as well? And I'm like, I think I got.
Speaker 1: To explain to Mike what a runner.
Speaker 3: Was that was under the rug that keeps it from like slipping around?
Speaker 5: Right Yeah, no, no, no, it's like in rugs basically and walk away.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, oh my god, this still keeps getting worse, right all right? I'm like felt like Lando caw Rizzy in here. Ah ha, So I was. I was kind of like worrying.
Speaker 3: There's no place for bad jokes here.
Speaker 5: I was just fretting and worrying about this rug. He's coming over to hang out. He brought the rug. It's big thing, unfurled, it perfect size, matches the color room. It's gorgeous. It has changed everything. This drug is the best he does.
Speaker 3: Tie the room together.
Speaker 1: Together.
Speaker 5: Your picture of my rug now, like Mike, the public can never see it.
Speaker 4: This needs to be a giant mystery to everyone except yea, so good.
Speaker 1: It looks like it like you must have bought the rugs specifically for your house. Everything. It's great.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mike, I have to ask, did your friend furl Are these rugs already cleaned?
Speaker 5: It seem pretty clean. They were his parent, so they're older responsible, right, So yeah, so I I clean the runners went perfectly down, like the two areas they possibly could have. I set a picture I put in our general chat.
Speaker 1: You guys tell me.
Speaker 3: That person.
Speaker 1: It looks so good.
Speaker 5: It really has just tied everything. And like I was thinking about getting like new wood floors or carpet because like it was kind of looking crappy in there, and I'm like, I don't have to do that anymore. Now I'm room looks delightful.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, it just really all fits now, So I'm like, okay, bomiton and send him for next year.
Speaker 3: Is we show a picture of the rug.
Speaker 5: This is a bit more resuport that we go at a cross country road trip.
Speaker 3: Don't tell you that. How hard is it to make a rug? Can we sell a rug?
Speaker 5: Can we make.
Speaker 1: In the Middle Persian? Like that?
Speaker 3: You're so many for centuries back.
Speaker 7: I know it seems intricate and complicated, but there's so many.
Speaker 2: Rug stores here that are like, maybe front's money laundering.
Speaker 3: Why can't we have a rug.
Speaker 1: And ask we could do mouse pads, which is the rugs of.
Speaker 3: Nerds that is just based on Mike's rug would be wow?
Speaker 5: Okay, wait you guys. Do you guys get those videos of people cleaning rugs by the way now on some stuff, they're very satisfying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I do. Are these like with the ones where they're like hitting it with a.
Speaker 5: Wire or no, they're like throwing all sorts of different colored goop on it and like really like grinding the A couple of those. Yeah, they'll come in like just pure shit, brown colored. And then they're working for a while and you see a care bear. All of a sudden, Uh.
Speaker 1: I had my little Columbo mystery happened to me over the holidays.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I got like at a point where I'm like, I was remembering a lot of old friends from high school's faces and like first names. I've begun. I started forgetting their last names and stuff like that. These are acquaintances for the most part, all my close friends. Obviously it's fine. But I was like, I wish I had my yearbook and I never I don't think I ever had my senior yearbook. So I went on eBay and I found one. I put in little like seventy five books, and I was like, I'm not picking that up.
Speaker 3: So I put in an offer, you found.
Speaker 1: Your own yearbook on eBay, not my personal yearbook?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I like your school. That is bright. I'm looking for myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. It was like, clearly someone who buys and sells all kinds of books, like dad, that's their whole account.
Speaker 4: So they have to have one's ninety nine from two thousand and one. That's strange, right.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my brain's not accepting this.
Speaker 1: No, there's a reason. So I got the book and I'm flipping through it, and I was like, I'm kind of remembering, Oh yeah, I don't even think I submitted my like senior pictures to the books. I was kind of like a little bit rebellious at that point on kind of a shit. Uh. So they used my my my photo for my my student ID. And so I'm flipping to that part of the section where it's the student ID photos all clumped together, and I found myself and on the picture was written, Hi Jeff, And I was like, okay, wait, so I email I like first, like, let's just do this. Maybe the person who I bought it from was someone I went to school with. So I messaged them and I was like, did you write anything in the book? And the person's like, my people do not write anything in the book? Like oh you have people.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 1: So it's like, all right, we got to I want to like solve this mystery. Who wrote this? Whose book was this? How'd this get here? And I'm like kind of like flipping through and there's a bunch of stuff written and like most of this stuff was written on the people from the year before me. So I was a senior this year, and most of the stuff was written on like juniors, like oh this guy is hot and stuff like that, and you know, this guy's a nerd. A lot of the guys that she thought was hot were indeed hot. So I'm like, man, I can I piece this together? Could I maybe start asking around to some friends and be like, hey, do you like here's a message? Do you think you recognize this? And as I'm doing it, like my family's over and I'm flipping through it and I flipped through to a page randomly and look at a picture and it just says underneath the picture, this is me.
Speaker 3: It's like that's so weird.
Speaker 1: And it's like, as we were discussing, like how are we going to figure this out? And I basically like turn to the group and I'm like, well, miss three solved, do you.
Speaker 3: Remember this person?
Speaker 5: That's what they want you to think? Whoever wrote that?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I kind of recognize this girl? I kind of, yeah, her face is familiar to me. And then I started like looking at some uh I googled her and found her Facebook profile and two of her friends that like were mutuals. Oh yeah, I was close friends with them, and I bet you like we're in a circle, and like she was what we were acquaintances and so I like google it and it's like, yes, this is a person who did die and she sold that someone must have sold off all her books, and so it's like, because that's how this book ends up on even right, Otherwise it just like wouldn't like we get thrown away or something like that. And it was like, oh, man, so I'm like I want to like eventually like reach out to some of her friends and see if they want this book. But it was kind of like this weird like roller coaster of like, oh, this is exciting what's going on here? And it's like, oh, obviously surely something like that could have happened.
Speaker 7: But surely you you I mean that must have lost your mind at some point, right it did.
Speaker 3: Yes, Steph rotted up.
Speaker 1: She was like that could be it, Like you know, I don't want to you know, someone moved and just got rid of all their books. Was kind of right, it was. It was wild to kind of go through all that. It's like a bummer. Like I was kind of getting there, like, oh, that'd be awesome to talk to her or whatever. It's like I'm not gonna have a chance to do that. But like, like I said, I was close friends with some of her friends, so might reach out to them and you fix the ending of this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan, tell the joke again from the beginning.
Speaker 4: So why if no, no, I'll tell you. I'll tell you a winter Break story for me here. Uh my sister Kayla you may know on this website. I go to her place and we play Little Gears on PlayStation five and I can't hit a single fucking active reload. It is like way way off. And remember Kayla's favorite genre. She is beat securo every why old how good she is. We've talked about how she beat most of Second Row on a PlayStation portal. I did like three completely botched active reloads and I'm usually very good at those, and I was like, hell, do you have game mode on?
Speaker 3: And she's like, what's game mode?
Speaker 4: And I was like oh, and it was like an older TV and like she definitely never checks a setting ever. Yeah, And I went in there and I turned it on and she's like, oh, this feels way better.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Destroyed like every from game every like Neo, every Soul, like two with the gravity room.
Speaker 3: Weights on, like.
Speaker 1: That's why she did that fight and one want attempt at your house because she was had the weights off.
Speaker 4: But she beat all those games with style, without any like with awful like the worst input LAG I've ever seen by far.
Speaker 7: That's that. That's not. There's like there's a lot of memes online of like LAG in real life kind of stuff, just bumping into doors and whatnot.
Speaker 1: That's not.
Speaker 3: I have evolved into a higher being.
Speaker 1: So when Chet said, tell how Chat solved this, Dan, is there anything specific there that you that you can remember or maybe.
Speaker 3: Not Chat solved this?
Speaker 1: She says, tell them how Chat solved this?
Speaker 3: Dan, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's nothing.
Speaker 2: Now stop taking credit for Dan's Yeah, she's nuts.
Speaker 5: Chat looked all up.
Speaker 3: Right, because we couldn't find it because it was like buried and.
Speaker 1: It was like an older I could not find an obvious note like a relatively new term in some of these TV So.
Speaker 4: I did get the model number from the back of the TV, and Chat looked up that specific cratic Okay, yeah, yeah, insane?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Any other stories from like the holiday break?
Speaker 1: She's still good?
Speaker 5: You got any I got any more fun ones?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Just think may see I have any more people die? Let me think that didn't during the break. No, but I went to about you again. I guys, we gots we got to do together.
Speaker 2: We have he's two hundred dollars to take a course at Benny Hannah.
Speaker 4: We have a competition. Let's all go to a hibachi and let's tell the dude. They're all fun dudes, all the cooks and so they do the volcano, they do the train and all that stuff. Just tell them like, hey, we want five shrimps each and we will score. We'll have a scoreboard for who catches the most shrimp.
Speaker 3: Yep, I will catch the most shrimp.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I would love to.
Speaker 7: Habachi has lost a lot of it's allure.
Speaker 3: To me, was very upseting.
Speaker 1: Div is very much on the Hibachi wagon these days.
Speaker 3: He believes in magic.
Speaker 7: Still, Well, I don't know if it's magic. I just think like I don't know. Sometimes I just don't want to go through the motions.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: They do it every day, literally do zero emotions.
Speaker 3: No, there's there's motions. Okay.
Speaker 7: I I look. I grew up on habachi. Okay, I got roots deep down in Habachi.
Speaker 3: Family, exactly. The leeds run deep.
Speaker 1: The first Haibachi kitchen was opened in New Jersey. I made that up. Listen, listen.
Speaker 7: I'm just you know, every time we got to eat, telling us like, let's go to Habaji, and it's like, buddy, we can't go four times a month. You can't do that. Can of course, it's got to be special. It's just got to be special.
Speaker 3: Right, It's just gotta for my sister's birthday. So yeah, that was like the regular.
Speaker 1: Right, and you know, look, it's fun. Here's what I'll say.
Speaker 7: I don't like the fact that it's such a roll of the dice of who you're gonna sit with if you know, if you're not with a big party, if you're not with a big party, right, which is why I will only go to hibachi with at least five or six people.
Speaker 3: One, two, three, four five.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'll go with you guys for sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you get randos.
Speaker 7: But sometimes you get randos and then you get randos who like bring the vibes down, the vibes up. Some times they can bring the vibes up.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 1: I would be like, you're you're like, you're kind of being oversensitive. But it has happened to me once.
Speaker 3: It happened to me numerous times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was that. It was we went to Mexico for like a vacation in Mexico. Yes, we went to Abachi at like an all inclusive resort in Mexico, and uh, these people that sat with us decided they were our best friends for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the vacation.
Speaker 1: We didn't want that, We want to be these are reasonable qualms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, simp okay.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, I remember going to to Vegas in my adult life and having a very fun time, went to like a fancy buffet, and then the couple next to me and the person I was with at the time, it was like actively going through a breakup, and like the waiter was trying to like solve and soften the impact.
Speaker 3: It was like, is it so much birthday? Do you guys want mimosas on me?
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, so this guy is like trying to joke around and laugh and pouring the mimosas. Meanwhile, like these two people are just staring daggers at each other. Is terrible.
Speaker 3: They did not enjoy the ex benedict that day.
Speaker 1: No I didn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: I've been to a million about You's the one notable person that sat with me was I'm sitting there and probably I'm probably sixteen the year two thousand and this big guy starts talking. He's across the table and I heard him talking to his family. He's like, oh yeah. So when I was teaming with Foley and I was like, I'm sorry, just like my ears perk up like crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm sorry, what is this?
Speaker 4: And he keeps talking toim like he's clearly talking about being a pro wrestler and he's a big dude, and I'm like, who the fuck is this guy. I was reminded of this a year or two ago a Dark Side of the Ring episode about herb Abrams UWF. If you've seen this wild Thing Steve Ray, he has a Wikipedia article that's who this guy was. He was supposed to be the Hulk Hogan of the UWF, which was a haunted promotion if you look that up. And so he starts talking too, like yay, I'm gonna get back in, you know, I'm gonna send I gotta send some stuff to Vince. I gotta And when he said that, I got up. I'm like sixteen. I walked over and I was like, I'm sorry. You're a wrestler and he goes, yeah, yeah, you know you used to be. I used to here's me with Foley. He had like pictures in his wallut of him with Poley, you know, before phones and holy It's like him and Cactus Jack.
Speaker 3: And I was like, that's fucking nuts. And he's like, yeah, yeah, I'm trying to get back in. I'm trying to get back in WF. You know, I'm ready to go. I'm still you know, gas in the tank or whatever.
Speaker 4: And I told him, like, I do video production stuff, like I would love to put together a sissle real for you. So for a while I was going back and forth with this guy on like putting it together a vignette. I remember it was just like, okay, so it's gonna be flames, and it's gonna be the text that says, like wild thing Steve Ray. I probably have the notebook somewhere with all of these notes. And so I went back and forth. I made like storyboards and stuff, and he was all into it, and I was convinced I was gonna get him back into the WUF.
Speaker 3: And so we were.
Speaker 4: Supposed to meet at a Border's books one night to We're gonna meet up there, get some coffee or something and then go like shoot the vignette. And so me and my friend Charlie, who is going to help me shoot, We're sitting there waiting for this wrestler. It was before cell phones, before we had cell phones, and so it's like, Okay, we're supposed to be here at six or whatever. He's not showing up. We wait like an hour and a half. We go home and he told me he emailed me.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: I was taking my son home from football practice and he has a cast on and I had my son try to fill my car with gas and somehow the spiggott got into his cast and he filled his cast with gasoline, and so we had to go.
Speaker 3: To the hospital.
Speaker 4: So sorry that we weren't able to make it for the vignette shoot.
Speaker 3: And then we just flaked on me for the rest of Like.
Speaker 7: It sounds like does for the best though, right.
Speaker 5: His episode of Dark Side of the Ring was titled Cocaine and Cowboy Boots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, This and Forever, And then watching the Dark Side of the Ring and I was like, why does this kind of look for the Bachi guy.
Speaker 7: I believe I believe the guest story though.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's too crazy not to have happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, today's episode is also called Coke Canan Cowboy Boots.
Speaker 5: Did I ever tell you all? I thought that Disney invented hibachi, Yes everything probably YEA like one because the I went to one was the Japan and Epcot, and like, I was like, Wow, what a crazy, amazing concept. Only Disney could come up with this. Then like a few years later they opened her botch she had our mall, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like a damn fool.
Speaker 4: Mike, when you said I was in Japan at asked Epcot, my first thought was I thought Mike said he hadn't been to Japan.
Speaker 5: Nay grub and I went to a cheesecake factory the other day after we were at Games Done. Click for a brag that.
Speaker 3: Great kiss.
Speaker 5: Yes, uh, Jeff got this like small bites appetizer of these like honey chicken and biscuits. Those were insanely good.
Speaker 1: They were really good.
Speaker 3: I did choose factory before Avatar three, and that was quite good. It was.
Speaker 4: I had a good time. Yeah, overall, definitely was not as good of a time.
Speaker 3: As the last one. I thought, yeah, yeah, it was, but I enjoyed it. I still enjoyed three. It's weird how similar it was to two. Kind of the same movie but with a hot fire lady. Yeah, it's They should have had more of the hot fire light.
Speaker 5: They should have had more of fire and as Actually you could have called this movie The Way of Water as well. The best I don't want to do spoils, but the best scene by far was the Whale Council.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually, yes, oh yes I would. I would learn to swim just to witness the whale Council.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the next movie should just be like a cord drama with the whales, twelve angry.
Speaker 4: Whales, Jack Lemon as a whale.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, I would love it. I would love it so much.
Speaker 3: We did our Avatar ritual.
Speaker 4: We went cheesecake factory, bunch of cocktails, bunch of edibles, and then just like sat down in a recliner watching for four hours. Bonk said, I got back home and I've never done this in my life. I got back home and I just calmly walked up the stairs, fully clothed, laid down like just like some sleeper agent, like I got activated laid down, fell asleep, fully clothed, and slept for thirteen straight hours.
Speaker 7: What because of all the drugs and stuffy Yeah yeah, the calies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he probably got the chicken carbonare or so. I think was like three thousand hours. Very sleep, I get it. It's like that. We had a great time. A game's done quick though as well.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 5: Jeff and my brother AJ went up. We got to see some good speed runs, like a Hollow Night Kingdom Cards. That one was a ton of fun. We caught the end of the Mario Sunshine speed run that was super neat. It's a good time. I'm glad to keep doing those in Pittsburgh lately. It's really fun to be able to go.
Speaker 1: It's convenient.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's great out there though. Yeah, it's it's a good time. Everyone's so nice and it's cool to be in that environment.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just see this in chat, and I don't think I've agreed with the sentiment in chat this strongly in quite a while. Some Epinada eater says that Dan is the true ton mock Toe and you know what, all.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah is that an avatar? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Watching it, I was like, are these guys brothers. Who is this? Why is that scorny weaver? Why is she a kid?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: I just have no idea.
Speaker 4: What dude, I don't remember ship from the second movie or the first movie, so it's it's a brand new thing every time I see one.
Speaker 7: That's probably for the best, too, right, you're not there for the story?
Speaker 1: Come on, no, Mike, did you notice any sense in the the rhythm arcade room at Awesome Games Done? Yeah? Awesome Games done quick? Because I noticed human body odor just.
Speaker 5: Look like you kind of like you prepare for the worst with these things, and generally it's too bad. But there's two arcade rooms. There's a general arcade room that had like some fighting games. That's some weird beer pong like arcade game that was fun, not too bad. But the rhythm room that's where you know the nerds are building up the sweat. There's a little rough in there.
Speaker 3: All the rhythm game.
Speaker 7: It's such a stereotype, but it's just like but it just always it happens.
Speaker 4: But it is such a stereotype that you would think that it's just people are aware of it at this point and care about it. Is it that they don't realize it, or that they don't care about it, I think, but we all take showers and ship like I don't I don't well understand how this happens.
Speaker 2: In my head, I'm thinking these people, uh, and I don't say that in a derogatory way at all.
Speaker 1: But these gamers, these gamers.
Speaker 2: Will will will spend so much time isolated doing their own thing at home that now that they get to be in a collective place, in a collective space with other gamers, they're just so excited to go that they forget to shower.
Speaker 4: But even like, why I live at home, I'm not always out among people, but like you still want.
Speaker 3: To shower every day because it feels fucking gross.
Speaker 1: I I feel like being like smelling good is like top tier three, like one of my three favorite things in the world. Like I love to smell good and.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, you think there just glows. I think it's it's a.
Speaker 1: Combination of factors. It's it's going to be people who are socially awkward for a variety of reasons. People are nose blind for a variety of reasons. Don't notice, don't care. It's all kinds of stuff. You know, I'm not going to pick on any one individual characteristic, but.
Speaker 4: I will say it's not just gamers, like a lot of it's the same thing.
Speaker 5: If not, it's a lot of things where maybe a person doesn't go out much, but this one thing is really excited to them, so they're going out for the first time ever and they are socially not prepared.
Speaker 3: But even if they're just at home, Like, doesn't it just.
Speaker 5: People three times a day? If I can.
Speaker 7: Really three times, but it's happened, it's happened. I just think, uh, yeah, I don't know. I don't have an explanation for this, but I but I don't think people are self aware.
Speaker 1: You're giving people.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's the first time that people are sweating? I don't know, the first time where I'm not sweating.
Speaker 3: Body crying.
Speaker 2: It's happening, all right, gang, I guess we should talk about video games.
Speaker 3: Oh oh man.
Speaker 2: During the break, my headphones hit the gogsler and I cued one of the buttons, and then I to no one and to myself, I started doing a segue.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: God, Jeff Greb you were talking about being Colombo earlier, but you were also double O seven because you played Double O seven everything or nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like thinking, oh my god, I put that PC to the side that has my save for that game, and I've been meaning to just play through it. I wish I would have had that saved just on the Steam deck. That would make a lot easier for me. But it's like, Okay, I have it all hooked up because I was finishing that Cleveland Gaming Classic video edit, so Mike, I'll just get it set up on there. It took me a second to actually find the save file for Dolphins. I updated Dolphin and it was all upset about that, but I did, thankfully still have it played through. It got to that motorcycle level where you drive onto the trains bridge. Yeah, that's really exciting.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's another one not too long after that where Shannon Elizabeth is that her name, Shannon Elizabeth, the lady from Maxim magazines back in the day. She falls off a cliff and you have to like dive after on the cliff and you have to like dodge these like wooden planks and other cliff faces, and you have to shoot guys while you're falling, and that's like pretty intense and cool. It does it does these scripted moments that are often like thirty seconds long. Really well, that game's still is a lot of cool stuff. There is, you know, a lot of stuff that doesn't age well where it's these open zones where you're driving around from one point to another and there's a timer and there's not a lot going on, and it's kind of like weird because you'll, like, it won't feel chaotic, it won't feel too exciting, but there is a timer counting down, so you're supposed to get to this place fast. So they'll put these segments where you're clearly clearly supposed to like drive through a building and drive through this office in all the glass, and it's all supposed to be breaking but it just feels like you're breaking the law for no reason because it's not like anyone's chasing you or you're shooting at anyone. You just wanted a really short way to go from one side of the city to another.
Speaker 5: Uh. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm really enjoying it. I'm glad I'm continuing to play it. I should have that done this week so if we want to do a new punishment, I'll be ready.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there are things that have aged poorly, but like keep in mind, like that was over twenty years ago, and so like that, the like cinematic action scene, specifically the bridge thing in like two thousand and five. I was like, You've got fucking flamethrowers coming out of the thing, You're sliding underneath the truck, you're chasing jaws. Like I just remember that being like one of the coolest like set piece moments or sequences i'd seen on that like the PS two era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was really cool because it like does just give you a point you're supposed to go to, and there's kind of a maze of roads, so it's up to you to sort of find the fastest route and it's like, oh, I did spot that shortcut, and then it has a really cool ramp and you're jumping off of it and you feel cool. So yeah, the cinematic stuff is by far the best part about it, and that stuff does hold up because you don't don't actually get a ton of that anymore. It's a very different kind of game.
Speaker 3: And they made like a custom Bond movie for a game with all the voice actors and stuff.
Speaker 1: It was cool. Yeah, I'm going to meet Maya right now in New Orleans. So yeah, that's a real video game.
Speaker 2: Cool cool speaking about older video games, I have no idea what this is the Out Foxies.
Speaker 1: Well, and you're gonna find out what this is very soon. We're gonna have to do something about this dance.
Speaker 4: This is this is my go to on the I discovered this on the main cabinet when I was just like kind of going through everything, I was like, what the fuck is the Olt Foxies and says nineteen ninety four and namco on and.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. You knew about it from next I like it just got released, so I was re released for them.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: No, we've done this running thing every time, like we do the fire Escape stuff. Me and Mike, we always just sit down and play a bunch of Out Foxies. It is basically like Smash Brothers from.
Speaker 1: Nicha Protos Smash Brothers. Yeah name so.
Speaker 4: And it's like the setup is almost kind of like a Bond type thing where there's a bunch of like these kind of like type killers where it's like, oh, here's this assassin, here's this guy in a wheelchair that can like, here's here's a.
Speaker 1: Pair of twin. It's a pair of fraternal twins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, here's a monkey named Dweeb that wears a suit and top hat and uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's so you're running around.
Speaker 4: There's just guns and flamethrowers and rocket launchers and there's like a circus level and a submarine level and like.
Speaker 3: The levels have evolution. Yeah, it's like powerstone stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where it's like the ship is like, oh, a window cracks and then it's sinking and then sharks come in and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And the helicopter like falls through the floor and like crashes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, cool, it's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, it's it's genuinely fun and it came out on it is like eighteen dollars, which is nuts.
Speaker 1: But it's an archive archive release, so like it's just the release of the arcade game, but you could start playing immediately. It does like when you're playing single player, does the arcade thing of wow, this is really easy. Three fights later, this is literally impossible, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So in those quarters.
Speaker 4: But it's one of those as Arcade archive things that they they're good at bringing a lot of like more obscure stuff to switch and other consoles, so very happy to have.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they've done like the five hundred Arcade arc archive games now or something that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I want they all to do like a big collection at some point. I don't know, but uh, yeah, I've heard of this game now. I don't remember the name of Foxy's what a name. I've heard about this game for its prototype Smash Brothers elements that I would like to actually try it so I might get this.
Speaker 3: I don't know the Foxes in the game.
Speaker 5: No, I think they're just like clever, like they out fox people. They're the out Foxy. Okay, all right, all right, the out foxers Foxy.
Speaker 1: It almost sounds like a Game Boy Advanced. Look. I mean it's obviously an arcade game from nineteen nine. Ye oh, but it's the way that the way that like the pixels sort of like swim around and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's like it's and.
Speaker 1: It's rendering so much because the levels are gigantic. They're enormous, and the characters can get very small, especially if you're on the opposite.
Speaker 3: Sides and level it's like super wide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like the camera does a good job of like sort of panning and zooming like a Samurai showdown or something like that. It just feels, i don't know, exciting and cinematic in a way that it doesn't make sense necessarily for what's happening because it's so goofy a lot of times, but it's goofy and it's just a really good way.
Speaker 2: That sounds great. Okay, yeah we should. We should check this out on the site. Yeah, le's get out foxing talking about outsmarting things. Mike Minatti, Jeff Grubb, and myself have been out smarting Miss three the Exile.
Speaker 3: Take that shit. Yeah, Brad d.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we finally started Miss three for Monday Mornings Missed with Mitch. I've been excited for this one because I have so many memories of my brother Agy loving this game and still being like young enough that I was intimidated by it, so I would just watch him play it every now and then. And it's been nice playing the remakes of Missed and Riven right, and they look very nice, especially the Riven remake. Beautiful. But there's something about this game just being run off of scum VM, so it's like emulation to make it run on new computers. So just runs really well, but looking the way it did, it's still just being really impressed by the way this game presented itself for some Turn of the Centure style PC game featuring FMB characters and these kind of pre rendered diorama slideshowed things that you're moving through. It's a really pretty game. I love the way this thing looks.
Speaker 3: I dig it a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike, you did break my brain yesterday during the stream when you mentioned every time we enter a new book everything is just batshit insane mouse trap levels of being set up.
Speaker 3: But you eventually understand it like three minutes later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're just walking around like, oh, they share a lot of switches and buttons, levers and sybils and I don't know what any of the meat and none of the work. How is this ever gonna make sense? So, and I heard this one has a bit more that missed one setup of you're going through these different book slash islands and each one is going to kind of have its own self contained puzzles where it's riven. We were in this like one area. Yeah, but he has a lot of backward that was really cool as well. Yep, but I definitely like this setup. And you know, like having bred Dirt there, he's a really good actor, and then having the familiar faces, you know, this this family of a book writing fuck ups that we all love now uh later, I'm into the lore as it were. So yeah, I had a really good first stream of that really felt good, solving lots of puzzles. You two are just on fire with the backup, just all sorts of good stuff. You were eagle eyed on those those spare pages. Jam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said yesterday, it's just gonna be downhill from here.
Speaker 1: Good starting just a center slows up for failure, is it?
Speaker 3: F and B.
Speaker 4: Brad Duruff like you see him, Man, I can't imagine another actor in history that in my brain fits an FMB game more than Brad.
Speaker 5: Durroff, right, like Tim Curry and him.
Speaker 4: The Tim Curry is like a little too well known though, like you know, Command of Copper is lucky to get him, you know, like Brd Derham feels like he'd be in a million games from nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Who's the star trek guy that was in the poker game? Because that's another person.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, John fas Franks Branson freaks Frandi yeah, yeah, freaks.
Speaker 3: Uh well, speaking about.
Speaker 5: Star Trek is a Star Trek voyager. I thought you're still talking about him for a moment.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'm I'm sorry. Mikey.
Speaker 5: He played a serial killer crewmate that had to get put to the brig because he kept killing people.
Speaker 3: Mikey, how do you do an escape rooms? Do you? Have you ever done any of those?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like you're very sharp when it comes when we've been playing these MYSS games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've only ever done one. It was at Universal and it was a Jurassic World themed one and it was super fun. I would like to do more of them, but uh, the crews I'm with there, they're not interested. A lot of times. I don't know. I think some of them are intimidated by I think some of them think it'll be lame. I want to do more escape rooms. There we go. That's a goal for this year. More escape rooms.
Speaker 2: Him higher, Well, this is attainable, you know, like we do this for sure. I told me what Disney.
Speaker 5: Disney was gonna build a whole actual Missed Escape island back in the ninth Really, we're going to just bury people to an island and miss puzzles, the cup, get the at the end of the day. See how they did.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Well maybe you can team up with Jeff and Dibb because those two boys have been playing Escape Academy.
Speaker 7: It's funny, Like the more I watch contemporary television, I'm like, this is an escape room video game. This TV show you know, Mystery Boxes. Yeah, yeah, Like everything is just sort of formulated around that, Like you have this now that he did probably the ultimate escape room game.
Speaker 1: By the way, I just heterosexuality.
Speaker 3: You brought it up. I gotta I gotta do.
Speaker 7: A bit of a detour on that if you watched it. No, I've not watched it, but I'm a big I'm a big fan of the director creator because he was involved in Letterkenny, one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should watch it and then I should get you on some grubs next. We should discuss it there.
Speaker 7: I'm happy to watch it. I know I'll enjoy it. I just it's very funny to me that, like, in no sort of meaningful way has the NHL sort of been like this rules you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it's like they're talking about it, but behind closed or close closets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're obviously jazzed about it, but they're probably so terrified to admit that they're jazzed about it, which busses me off in a sport that like, look, I don't I would never accuse any of the big sports in America to be overly progressive, but like, I don't know, a part of me is sort of like hockey seems like it would probably get first place in that category.
Speaker 1: And not that used to help from like a diversity aspect, because they're not going to get a lot of racial diversity in hockey. Maybe you could get some other stuff up in there.
Speaker 4: So context, it sounds like a gay hockey show. Is that That's exactly what held it. Okay, I got the context.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's it's like it's I'm trying to think of a hockey player. She will know Wayne Gretzky and Mario U. Do you know so the two best players if they were teenagers and gay for each other? Now you know the show?
Speaker 4: Okay, whole Yeah, I had a threesome with Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemu.
Speaker 7: Okay, I understand sure, all right, look the theater of your mind, whatever you wish Sidney Crosby. There you go. He's still so yeah, it's it's wild, right, so like you know, you get like pockets of it, like pockets of like hockey enthusiasts podcasts and where like the guys are like super jazz about it. It's really fun, very funny stuff to watch. Anyway, we'll uh, we'll just leave it there.
Speaker 3: It's it rules.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy to start with.
Speaker 7: Okay, so, uh, I don't know what happened one day. Uh you know, our break was rough, not rough, but like people were sick the whole time. I'm the only one who managed to dodge every bullet. So I escaped it. I escaped the germs. We were supposed to go away for a couple of days, we had a camp. We had a cancel a lot of plans, so we're home a lot and I don't know what you got any said, He's like, I want to I want to do.
Speaker 1: Escape room video games. Where are they? And I'm like, I kind of only.
Speaker 7: Know about one escape academy. Thank you for sponsoring bomba time, but the sequel rather right. But I didn't know, and I was looking for a game that had you know, local couch co Op and DIB and I blasted through the entirety of Escape Academy, and.
Speaker 3: I gotta say it was great. It was.
Speaker 7: It was a lot of fun. Man, oh man, was this like such a delight, a surprising delight to go through really clever puzzles, nothing to you know, when you're playing a video game, obviously you're just like you could just you know, you can invent and create rules and magic and do whatever you want. Obviously some of this is not based in reality, but logical enough and sort of loocid enough and have a through point that did not frustrate us.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They do let you like grab a hint.
Speaker 7: If you need, which I thought was like a really fun, you know, little additive and and we had I think we used once where we were just completely a little too impatient. But you know, it was about ten hours all said, Uh, you know, I was really surprised. I kind of did not know exactly what to expect. I had seen, I had read some really good stuff. I know you guys enjoyed what you play of that upcoming sequel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I liked how to Play the first one, which I never finished. And then that's the sequel was great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and believe it or not, like they are they they very competently like tell a bit of a fun narrative story through the entirety of the thing, right where you basically are like, you know, the game starts off and you're just doing like a run of the mill kind of junkie escape room. Lo and behold, it's like this, you know, audition to become an escape you know, professor or expert.
Speaker 1: Then you get sort of enrolled in this game. It's much more about being in this school. In the school right, yeah, yes, they had a ton of school stuff in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you you know, you enroll and then you uncover the the sort of conspiracy about the founder of the school and someone who was trying to take it over. And it was a lot of fun, really cool diversity with puzzles and just really getting you to think. And I gotta say, like, you know, dim and I just sitting there with a no pet writing down symbols and clocks and faces and statues and numbers and colors and cryptics and all this thing.
Speaker 1: It was it was a lot of fun. It really got us through this break.
Speaker 7: In a really positive way. And like I said, we do through it. I think it maybe three days.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was all we wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now we're jones in for the next one for sure, but this was great. Highly recommend if you're looking for a couch co op thing. Would you think he was like the perfect age to sort of like grock this or do you think he was like like a like a year ago. Would would this have been able? It was something he would have been able to do.
Speaker 7: I think he would have stumbled a little bit more. That's a good question. I think he is really in the Goldilock zone for this sort of stuff. I mean, I know I say that every day, where like he's just sort of becoming older and more mature. He's doing this thing now where like he just discovered like, oh, you can give insults when you cough through them, right.
Speaker 3: So like incredible.
Speaker 7: So he's like so you know, like Stacey couldn't figure out how to use something on the YouTube TV and doing it's just like, oh, you just.
Speaker 3: Got to click that boat up there, Boomer.
Speaker 1: Just like this. He's aging.
Speaker 7: So it's funny as hell. But anyway to your to your question, yes, perfect age for it. I think, you know, two years in either direction you can get away with it. But he definitely was driving like he's like, okay, we know this, we know that, you know, writing down notes on on the on in the notebook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was just a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: I I I know this next one's coming on, I guess sometime this year.
Speaker 1: But I've not seen anything else. I've not seen anything else at least you know, couch co op split screen like to me that that that was a big pre record acape simulator. I have no idea if that's.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think we saw that one, but I don't think it was couch co op. I could be mistaken, but I don't think that jumped out as a as a possibility unfortunately. But I can't recommend Escape Academy. And I think it was super cheap. I think it was like five bucks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so escape a simulator says online co op, does not saying about local co ops.
Speaker 7: So yeah, a lot of games had that online, right, But yeah, oh thank you Zachi Portal two. We've played a lot of Portal two together, so that is, like, I guess, the most escape room adjacent sort of.
Speaker 1: Thing you can do.
Speaker 2: Uh, but yeah, lovely, lovely, Well, we I have on the list here winter Break games back lar, since you were just talking about a winter Break game, Dan grub Shall, what other games y'all dip into during the winter break?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I figure it's like leading up to Game of the Year stuff. It is just such a mad dash to play as much of the new stuff as possible to talk about it, and then like as soon as that's over in the Game of the Years, like in the can I just get in the mood to like, Okay, what is just some straight up backlog stuff that I have not, you know, played in a while. And an easy one was Mario Galaxy two because I've been putting off that Switch two version that came out fairly recently, and I had not played Mario Galaxy two since it came out, and I remember playing it and if you remember, you get one hundred and twenty stars and then it unlocks all the Green Stars where it like populates all the old levels of the Green Stars and just like platforming challenges to get to them, and then there's two extra stars you can get. And I never got the last star back in the day because I didn't know you had to like save up these star bits the whole game, and I was just kind of spraying them around willy nilly, and so I was like, I don't want to grind ten thousand star bits just to get this last star. So finally I got the final star I have never gotten in a Mario game this Winter Break, and it.
Speaker 3: Was fucking hard.
Speaker 4: It's that level, the perfect run if you remember the super long fucking level you It's like a daredevil run thing where you have to get hit die so no checkpoints get hit once you die. It is a nightmare. Took my die like forty plus times on it. Finally got it and felt great to finally finish that. And then the other one was I got the ayn Thor and I was like, well shit, I mean three yes, seems like that that would be like the prime use of something like this. So I just played through Link between Worlds for the first time. Oh yeah, yeah, man, I want it just a few nights ago. Fucking great, still just incredible. And also I mean the.
Speaker 1: Second you start playing it, right, it's like it feels so good. You're like, oh my god, move around this game is fantastic. And then it just stays great the entire time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just all the things they did with the format that like, you know, because I remember when they announced it, I was like, man, Link the Past is like maybe my favorite game ever, Like do I just want like is this just gonna be the same thing? It's the same map, and it's like no, they do so many clever things, like they've got the wall merged thing that's a fun gimmick and everything. But then you remember all the things they do with the rabbit guy, or like you can rent all the items whenever you went to instead of finding them in dungeons, or you can buy them permanently for like eight hundred rupees. You can do the dungeons and whatever level or whatever order you want. Like all these things that like would later go into things like you know, Breath of the Wild, like a staminameter that that yeah, determined your bow and bow and arrow and your bombs instead of a finite amount of stuff that you have to farm and stuff like that. There's just so many little things in that game on top of it just looking and playing so great and what a perfect use of the thor I had some weirdness I guess, like on the three DS, it's Azahar, I think is the uh R game that runs it. I think there's some funkiness with that, like sometimes when I would do a save state thing, it would crash, so I would have to rely on like hard saves. But ultimately, you know, it was an incredible experience. I remember really liking that final boss too. The final fight was that's a.
Speaker 3: Really funny one for me, going into the wall and shooting arrows, and yeah.
Speaker 5: Like because like you can never you go in the wall the entire game, but you can never attack in the wall, and all of a sudden you can now like shoot the arrow and I'm like, whoa, this is blowing my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super super fun. So yeah, both of those were just fantastic. To go back.
Speaker 1: I was kind of looking, they're doing the same thing as Dan where it's like the sprang up the game of the Year, and wanted to kind of go in a different direction and kind of loaded Star Wars Outlaws back up on the switch. But then that reminded me that I never really played much Jedi Survive, So I went back and played some of that, and I'm continuing to play that and really enjoying it. It's uh runs great now on PC with a really good PC obviously, but yeah, like they really improved the performance now to the point where it's like, oh, this is fantastic. I'm getting like two hundred frames per second, so that's great. And and then like just you, I like the structure. Actually, I like going back to the bar, the cantina and meeting all the characters there. They're wild. But I'm still relatively early because then I did. I'm I played so much Secretory over the Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was playing it in the car when we were driving to and back from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might. I'm trying to get in the I was playing on my Steam deck Sectory. Uh, spend time with your friend. Well I was supposed I could do both, but they were you. The brothers were up front talking to each other. I was alone in the back. It's more important to catch up this goddamn Jacob Geller. Uh, I'm I was I love this one night. It took like four or five days to get back to a point where I was getting good runs. So Sectory it's Geometry Wars. We talked about it during Game of the Year, but it's a Geometry Wars with like an updated structure, and it's just really well thought out in every way. I had like a top seven and my score was number seventeen in the world, and I did that specifically to beat Jacob Geller, who is a YouTuber, a great YouTuber essay Snieze does stuff or at mid max. He's fantastic. And then a few weeks later he came back and he's like, oh, I got you a ten million. I have twelve million. He's basically up in the spot I was in. I'm down to like number fifty. It took like four or five days to get back to a point where my runs were anywhere close to that anymore. And then I was getting a bunch of runs in a row where it's like I'm right there. It's late and my hands are starting to hurt. I'm gonna do a thing where I'm going to go to bed and I guarantee i'll wake up tomorrow the synapses will all connected, yeah, and I'll crush it my first run and it's like, no, right back in the garbage. Yeah, And I'm like, oh, this is rough. I'm like, I really and I'm like looking at the time, getting close to coming back from break. I spit my whole break playing this goddamn game. Now what have I done? But it's so good. Every time I'm in there. It really is just the mind clears. You're just engaged fully with all the action happening. It's so good at having those different It sounds like a small thing, but all the enemies having different attack patterns or different movement patterns. Once they're all happening at the same time and you have to consider all of that, it's so overwhelming to the senses that I find it very pleasurable. Yeah, so the thing is like a great game.
Speaker 4: You still like, I've played so much of this fucking game for months now, and I'm still like, in the last week I realize like, oh, those little purple fuckers, I keep dying to them because when you kill them, that's the revenge bulit thing where it comes up. So like now I know to just get the kind of way I'm attacking.
Speaker 1: And just keep moving. And it's like God, once you start like getting in the oh, just keep moving, find the path in front of you that's clearest, like plow it. It's like, oh, that's key. I know.
Speaker 7: I'm very late to the party. I do like that you discover all the personalities of the enemies as you go, yes, right, where like some are explosive and you can use them as to your advantage. Some of them are like you know, editor ones, right, and then it's really amazing. That game is amazing. I've not I don't know how well I'm doing with it. I guess like the best run I've done is like fifteen minutes at this point, because I'm still kind of early.
Speaker 3: But are you doing it on the the earliest difficulty, Like there's challenging and there's experience, which one do you do experience?
Speaker 7: I think I'm doing experience.
Speaker 4: You should definitely do experience first until you've beaten it times in the movie Challenging because like challenging, I've played so much of this fucking game, and like, yeah, Boks, the main one I talked about it is we every night pretty much played like I played it for like four hours last night, and we've plateaued at like the load to mid six millions, which is about.
Speaker 3: What you get if you beat experience.
Speaker 4: And so I am trying to unlock that next level where you know, grub you and Geller are at and I'm trying to figure out am I just like prioritizing the upgrade stack wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, what do you do? Because miss I do.
Speaker 1: Here's like the really discouraging thing. I had a thirty four minute run, which is I looked at the time, that's as long. I think it's longer than Geller's run and I was only at nine million points. So we're gonna be my best time ever. It's there, I'm it's it's it's just right. So there's multiple ways to gain score the score upgrade obvious. I didn't do it once on that run. I was like, I'll do it when I get a chance, and then of course I died before I had like really gotten to that mode where I'm like, okay, now I'll just keep doing the score up and they let you do the score as many times as you Infinitely, it's the one that has the infinite signed by.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then there's also like the dash multiplier of like if you keep your dash going and you keep dashing into the next year striking.
Speaker 4: I think that caps at five on experience and I just realized nine. I was like seven to eight. I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so caps at ten on on challenge, And I'm like, but but and I feel like I was doing that constantly, So I'm like, what was I doing different in my I think it was like a thirty ish minute run for my ten million points versus my nine million run in thirty four minutes. And it's like, you know, obviously I was just like my build wasn't exactly the same, But I just I thought I was dashing just a much. So I'm like, I need to like actually go back in and start engineering this score and understanding what is really like getting you the most bang for my buck?
Speaker 7: This is this is also a game I cannot play far away.
Speaker 1: I play it high, but I.
Speaker 7: And I just sort of like, I just sort of drift off though when i'm you know what I mean, I'm like, I'm looking through the screen right now.
Speaker 3: Nothing matters.
Speaker 7: I can't play it far away on the couch looking at the TV. I have to play it in my hands are on the monitor in front of.
Speaker 1: Me on the I have the I have better luck playing it on the monitors sometimes big right here.
Speaker 7: Real low input, leg that whole thing, Like, yeah, far away, your cook, what's the difference between? So I know what missile is is strike just the intensity of the bullets you're default firing.
Speaker 3: No is the dash, it's the trigger.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So so strike will get you for a longer dash, so that's crucial like later on when it's like, man, there is longer fifty thousand enemies between me and that token. If I had like a longer dash, it get well, eventually you're gonna get a dash. It's so long that you're gonna be able to basically go across most of the screen and that enables you. Yes, you began strike a strike multiplying over and over and over again. It's fantastic. And then also it makes it makes the explosions larger thing and you can get it a blaster. That's no, that's the blast of way from doing a strike. God there is.
Speaker 3: Your standard shot.
Speaker 4: Yes shot, so miss It was better for like crowd control because that will go home around blaster, I find better for especially some of the mini boss like taking out those points away where Yes, mostly, but it's crucial, which Mary just told me about chaos, which that can you get that card deck It randomizes your stack upgrade so suddenly blaster could be your first I didn't know.
Speaker 3: This kind of nuts. Yeah, I like it's incredible.
Speaker 1: It's really really good. I mean, it just is so immaculately designed. It is someone has thought about this kind of game their entire life, has made these kinds of games over and over and over again, and it's just like, let's use only the shit that works and kind of feeds into everything else. It's incredible. Glad we got it on the Game of your list.
Speaker 3: Have no spoilers, very spoiler fantastic.
Speaker 2: Speaking of all the Game of the Year podcasts are have been out, so I suggest you go listen to them. Shouts out to Sean for doing the lord's work and editing all those bad boys speaking about games that kind of spending maybe arguably too much time in gang I set out this winter break, I'm gonna go play Ghosts of Yota. I'm gonna go play Sands of blake manor gonna catch up in all these things I didn't get to play.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll get into sectory.
Speaker 1: You can't go into any of those.
Speaker 3: I didn't do this this, believe me. I was smashing the goons and Di that's a big water bottle. That's toupid Dan.
Speaker 5: You look like baby Herman from who's a Roger Rabbit.
Speaker 7: Does look like a prop from a cartoon.
Speaker 1: It looks like looks like an entire it looks like an entire barrel of oil.
Speaker 7: No, but it's like it's like when someone is comically thirsty, that's what they drink.
Speaker 1: You know, what were you playing?
Speaker 2: I played too much Marvel Rivals over now, character.
Speaker 1: Or skin is it? Is it Loky, Lady Loki or whatever?
Speaker 2: Oh, Lady Loki is blowing up. All these people that have never played Loki before are now suddenly playing as Lady Loki. Also, she's taller than regular Loki.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't that make her worse? Like, isn't there more of her to hit?
Speaker 2: Yes, but because she's hot, people.
Speaker 3: Just want to play as her.
Speaker 5: Manna Rogue recently right.
Speaker 3: Yes, So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Gang in class base shooters like this, Like Overwatch Marvel Rivals, I only ever play support, I only ever played DPS. I never played Tank or Vanguard whatever it's called in Marvel Rivals. But on a whim, I decided, like, you know what, let me go check out Rogue. I really like the X Men, so let's try it out.
Speaker 3: And gang. Let me tell y'all.
Speaker 2: I went I went Sicko mode and I don't know specifically why, but something just clicked about having a little bit more damage and kind of just being mad, annoying to everyone and just ISO just straight ISO's zone defense, getting people out of the way, annoying, being able to solo three healers and separating them away from the team and annoying them so much that I get an angry DM afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a great feeling. And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I have played a bunch of Marvel rivals at this point, and I've yet to ever dip into competitive or ranked because I just remember how I got as a person when I was doing that with League of Legends. You've learned to respect yourself more exactly. So I'm just going into quick match. You know, it's very cash when people get upset, he spaghetti whatever, it's fine. But Gang, for whatever reason, I am just clicking as a tank with Rogue in such a profound way. There was one match Gang. There's one match, and the game mode was just like a control point where you're just getting control of his own right. I don't know how this happened. I got forty kills. You don't get that many kills in Marvel Rivals and then like, I shit you not your boy was getting MVP.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool?
Speaker 2: Nice, And if anyone else plays Marvel Rivals out there, you know, generally the DPS person or the duelist will generally get the MVP because they're racking up all of the kills in that match. But I don't know what it is gang, it just clicks in here. And also Gambit is very fun to play.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They got the voice actors from X Men ninety seven for Gambit and for Rogue.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Oh more Marvel Rivals. Yeah, here's the thing though, appealing to me, like love being annoying in those games.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing like I don't consider myself the best at video games, but I think I'm very good at this. Like it's I watched I was watching like a video with a friend, uh, and he was just watching over my shoulder, and I was like parsing out all the information and all the tech they were trying to teach. Meanwhile he's saying.
Speaker 3: Like, what the fuck are you watching? Dog?
Speaker 2: Like this shit doesn't make sense? What's going on here? You're counting timers, you're counting cool downs who am I anyway, it's it's uh. I posted this on Blue Sky. But Rogue has uh because her ability in the comic books, if she touches someone, she can steal their ability or at least like disables them for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: In Rivals, Rogue has a dash forward, which is a grab and once you if you make contact, you steal that character's abilities. But the I just made the best fucking grab because there was There's a character Angela. She's in the Thor universe, originally from a different one. She is a flying character. I jumped off of a platform. She's about to fly and take off, and then I just grab her mid air and just steal hell from her.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: Also, Blade is sick as hell in this game, y'all place this character added.
Speaker 5: The scheme already has forty five characters they've been Yeah, I'm still not including Psychclops even even that many people. And it's impressive and it never will.
Speaker 3: Did I did?
Speaker 2: I corner a dev at the TGAU talking about like, why would you put my boy slide Colops in?
Speaker 3: I may have. I may have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the response. I need to know what was the reasoning? Panic?
Speaker 3: Uh? Probably because like you scared of me is what it is? You know?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh you got forty didn't want to get it wrong?
Speaker 3: And then at you Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Uh gig, We're gonna take a quick bricky break and we'll be back with more games and news right after this. Right, dog, it's time to start the show. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: No, grum, you look like you are in a den of iniquity right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means, and I don't know what you want. It's not like I have a home studio, jan, Yes you do.
Speaker 3: The computers that main Gear built for us have Nvidia g Force RTX chipoos in them, and with the Nvidia Studio drivers and in video broadcast, you can turn even your man cave into a professional studio.
Speaker 2: Using broadcasts, you can upgrade your webcams, microphones, and speakers using the power of machine learning to take our shows, voice chats, and video conferences to the next level. You can use audio effects like noise removal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess I have a fan on. Well, it's hot, I'm not gonna turn that off. Let me just hit this right here? Is that any better?
Speaker 2: Jan, much better. We can clean up your shot with auto frame and video noise removal and Grub. You can even make it look like you were paying attention using the eye contact tool so I could still watch my stories. Yes, yes you can. Nvideo Broadcasts is a universal plugin that works with most live streaming, voice chat, and video conferencing apps. It's supported on any n Video, g Force ArtX GPU, and since I'm using the Nvidia Studio drivers, I'll get stable, optimized performance in Adobe Photoshop, DA Vinci Resolve in all the other apps that I need to use to fix our mistakes in post.
Speaker 1: You know what thinking to ban Gear and in Vidio for supplying are in Vidia Studio PCs, in Video Broadcast, your AI powered home studio, and in Video Studio. The software advantage for all creators, Jan, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Even looking at the camera at all right now, Grub, stop stop looking at me.
Speaker 1: I haven't looked at you forever.
Speaker 2: And we have more video games to talk about.
Speaker 3: Oh but one more thing about Marvel Rivals.
Speaker 2: Daredevil is also sick. I think I mentioned this briefly during the Game of the Year Awards, but like holy like he's blind in the game too. It's great, it's super sick.
Speaker 5: It's cool MVP more like MVG Most Valuable Gooner.
Speaker 3: Well, that was quite the leap. What the hell, Mike?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Funny during the break, now here's the thing I saw.
Speaker 4: I saw Mike smirking to himself while Dan was talking, and I looked in the chat and he gave that joke to the chat and got nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he also did it to us during the break and Backlar was like, oh, that's gonna play, and so for him to immediately throw him under the bus, it's the funniest thing that's happened so far. I know it. Thank you very much. That Yes, oh man.
Speaker 3: That was that was quite the leap, Mike.
Speaker 2: Uh, kind of a jump and kind of a big hop, just like these two have been playing lately. I love this cute little frog guy. Is how how is the game though? How's the hops? How's the tie? It is?
Speaker 3: It's real good.
Speaker 1: We could talk about the first half of the game because the embargo is not up quite yet, and he said, uh, the developer, so we could talk about the first half and say that we have the game. It is out in six days.
Speaker 3: I think I'm just through the desert stuff. We're going to talk about all that, right, I think so, yes, I think should I played a few hours? Yeah, yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Chuck beat it and he said it was like ten and a half hours, so I think we're both still in the first half relatively speaking.
Speaker 3: Uh, the the controls.
Speaker 1: The movement are so good, it's so on point. So this you play as little Frog. You can jump, you do like the the Mario sixty four style triple jump sort of thing. I think he's got like a jump and a dive. Yeah, he's got a wall run. He's got a tongue that can like use it and be used as a grappling hook, and you can like swing and then if you are swinging and you jump off at like the right tangent and hit the ground, you'll carry forward a ton of momentum and you can use that to like jump and dive and carry the momentum forward even further. It's really really it just feels really good. And then I think the game around it does a good job of sort of emphasizing how fun it is to move around without getting in the way too much. At least so far.
Speaker 3: I do like the format of it.
Speaker 4: I do, like how you know, you're basically getting these drips or whatever they're called, like these purple yeah things like instead of your stars and you know, big open hub worlds and stuff like the desert and everything. I think the thing I'm struggling with sometimes is maybe it's the momentum is a little more loosey goosey than I'm used to in a three D platformer, because like there are just times where it's like I will do the grapple and I'll try to grapple into a wall run, and sometimes I don't know if it's the momentum or the angle, but like I'll like cling to the wall because the game will think I want to do a wall jump instead of a wall run, and then I'll just fall to my death. Like I've had a lot of times where that's happened, like numerous times in a row. Like when it works, I think it all feels really good because you get that momentum going, you can do the jump and dive to the next thing, and once you're chaining grapples together and all that, it can be great. But I have had a lot of death that I kind of felt were just like, oh no, I don't think the game could tell I was trying to run here or interesting just misreading stuff and a little bit of jank. I've gotten caught in some stuff, oh eve, one of the parts where there's like the hay bales where they kind of burn and you have to like follow and wall jump up.
Speaker 1: I don't think so it continued my save from the demo a long time ago, and I'm not sure. So I kind of got like a little like how far into this game am I? Even? So, No, I don't know if I did that yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it'd be silly to expect like a Mario level of polish from obviously a smaller team like this, But as someone who's very, very used to Mario platforming, I was getting a little frustrated with a lot of just like oh, I just wanted to do the wall jump back and forth, but it thought I wanted the backwall, and then I just jumped to my death or like lose a ton of progress falling off a thing like.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was bumping into some stuff there, but not enough to like sour me on the game.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep playing for sure.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, I don't know if I've hit as much of that stuff, I definitely feel I know what you mean by the looseness of the physics a little bit. To me, it's like when you do have that momentum from like swinging into a run, he just goes to the point where it's like, oh, I'm sort of just reacting to what's happening. And I think that there's enough movement capabilities that no matter what was happening, if I threw myself off a ledge, I had a really good chance of consistently saving myself, which is always what I like in these games, kind of like go too fast and suddenly you find yourself in a spot of trouble. Can you get yourself out of it by just like reacting without thinking? And I've done that a bunch of times, and that's kind of where I'm really enjoying the game.
Speaker 2: Nice, nice, lovely. Speaking about embargoed games, this one I believe we can also talk about and I'm excited to hear about this. Well, Romeo is a dead man.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, yeah, backler, Uh, you know we played up through a certain amount. Did you get through the mall?
Speaker 3: I got through the mall. Okay, so you're you're probably passed me.
Speaker 4: I kind of got to the mall and uh started introducing like the Bastard system stuff like that. But you've played a bit more if you want to start with that backler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, So man, it's been a couple days since I've touched this game, so I'm gonna have to like backtrack a little bit. This is a Grasshopper manufacturer Suda fifty one, uh clusterfuck.
Speaker 5: Of a game.
Speaker 7: I think it's positive, yeah, no parentheses positive. I think like it's been a minute since we've gotten what I think is like the pure, uncut, unadulterated sort of like Suita fifty one experience. It's been a minute. I want to say. It's what was the last What was the last game where he was like.
Speaker 3: Let die, Let it die? Was that weird? Like was it free?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That they have a new one of those coming, don't they with Uncle Death or whatever? Skateboarding? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So, uh, this is not let It Die. This is much more in the vein of like a No More Heroes kind of narrative, uh, action adventure type of game. It is, I mean, stylized is such a stupid way to describe it. It is just over the top in like kind of every way that you could conceive, uh, to the point where I'm just sort of like overwhelmed with unpredictable graphical choices, sound choices. Like there's just so much going on in this thing. So obviously there's no complaints from like the fidelity point of view. Uh, what you were actually playing feels very much is a third person action game that you know, for me, for my experience so far, as controlled pretty well, I think it's got a lucy sort of like almost like a Dead Rising feel to it at times with in terms of like these whenever I think of like controlling Frank in Dead Rising, I think of something that's like real slippery, if that make sense.
Speaker 1: Like there is a bit.
Speaker 7: Of like an ice like you're on ice kind of thing, and there is a maybe it's that's also like the sixty frames per second.
Speaker 1: Kind of like.
Speaker 7: Thing that you sort of get a as a as a byproduct of that, you know, to the point where you are kind of slashing and hacking zombie enemies where you kind of can't follow what you're looking at because there's so much particle effects. There's so much kind of like anarchy have happening on screen, but you long story, sure, you are basically someone who has to find your love interest through time and space, and.
Speaker 3: You're doing it.
Speaker 1: I got that right, and you are.
Speaker 7: Doing it with the help of this like galactic council called the FBI.
Speaker 4: On a spaceship that you return to and it's all pixelated like they.
Speaker 1: Are actually the female body inspects this time.
Speaker 7: It's very Yeah, I don't know, I think like there's just so much and there's like a really I guess it kind of like surprising amount of variety in the in the places you'll visit and the sort of modes you'll you'll encounter. The Upgrade Tree, the Upgrade system rather is like three different sort of tiers of experiences, where like one of them is like you're sort of doing a pac Man style maze crawler where every time where you spend currency to move, your move an icon through a maze, and every time you touch like a heart, you get the help an HP improvement, but you can only move as far as you're willing to spend of this currency you have.
Speaker 4: It's like you're buying like the fuel, like the stuff you get in the main game is basically your fuel for the mini games to move.
Speaker 1: The guy right. Yeah, it's it's wild.
Speaker 7: I mean I've I've had two bost encounters that I've felt were pretty satisfying and over the top. I am enjoying what I am playing so far. I I this is so fresh and sort of strange, and it's just the right kind of lunacy for me.
Speaker 4: It's just like the opposite of like you know, all these games now like Yota and Last of Us where it's like, oh, there's like no hud, it's super immersive. It's like, no, this is like the most hud, Like there's a million so much shit happening on the screen at all times. And like black Lay said, there's just times where like the whole like visual style will change it.
Speaker 3: I will say, the moment to moment.
Speaker 4: It feels very three sixty So like back Lar when you said Dead Rising, It's like, yep, that tracks for me, Like yeah, it feels like a shadow.
Speaker 5: Of the damn.
Speaker 3: It feels like a you know, Dead Rising style, which you know, to.
Speaker 1: Be clear, no more heroes, just the is the real anchor point like Shadows. I love.
Speaker 7: I didn't play the remake of Shadows of the Dam. But I you know, I know that's like one of the only games I actually finished twice in its generation where I.
Speaker 3: Was just fun.
Speaker 7: I love that game. But yeah, there's very much that, and I don't think, uh yeah, I don't think there should be an expectation of like an evolution that leaves that so far in the rear view. Uh. I do think for all of the complicated systems at play there, like I've been able to wrap my head around it already, which I thought was surprising, especially considering how stoned I've been while playing this game.
Speaker 4: The other one I wasn't able to figure out was the mini game upgrade thing, where it's like I'm gonna put the green ingredients in here, and I'm gonna put the red ingredients in this machine, and like I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on there. But then there's a whole like curry making simulator to like make your health items better and stuff like there's you so.
Speaker 7: Much grow you grow zombies in a spaceship garden and then you cross breathe those zombies. Me at this game, this game, this game, I just think this this games just got so much sort of like I don't know, it's just got stuff in this one.
Speaker 1: It is weird. It is so strange.
Speaker 7: It is like, you know, you're like, oh, you're doing like a cool sixteen bit whoa, Okay, now you're doing like crazy like vapor waves. Like there's just it's all over the place, and I don't know. For me, I kind of kind of think it's like a carnival of fuckery in the best possible way.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: That is where it shines, as like all the suit of stuff is where all the personality is because like, yeah, the moment to moment is very like light attack, heavy attack and then you can aim a gun and shoot, you know, so it it is the moment to moment is kind of that just kind of like three sixty action game thing, but it is all wrapped in so much suda that you can't help but be kind of like taken back by it and in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, I do think.
Speaker 7: You know, again, we're only so many hours in and it's like I do see I do Like you know, when you grow the bastards and you could use the bastards at your at your disposal, right, So you're sort of like saying and they have these cool downs, and these bastards are just sort of like turrets, right, They're like they're like zombies that turn into turrets or a zombie that like blasts a laser beam in five directions out of their body for a second. So you know, you do have that layered sort of combat in your arsenal as well. You can choose between different guns and different sword slash lightsaber weapons and swap between those. At the same time, you can upgrade all of those in their own individual sort of paths as well. There's just a lot I'm with you, like the moment and on stuff. You know, definitely feels like that. There's and you're you're also juggling not just between the spaceship eight bit world, you're also juggling a sort of like real world and then an upside down, like a digital upside down right with the regular world that you have to collect parts of a key for. It's man, I wouldn't want to have to explain this to people in a way that you know, puts them in in in a sort of comforting, uh position. It's It's it's one of those things where it's like you have to watch this just to experience it, to play it. Uh, I'm excited to see see it all the way through though. I think it's really exciting.
Speaker 3: There's also like a million wrestling references in Wow.
Speaker 4: At one point, the girl Juliette said something about, like you could call us the n w O and it does the caps like the.
Speaker 1: In the case in the opposite case, it was like capital N right.
Speaker 3: In one of the currencies, like the Emerald Flosion, which is a wrestling movie.
Speaker 7: And I do think they are tipping the hat to like back to the futures very specifically a lot of times like you are you're sort of on this quest with your ghost grandfather helping you, and he is represented by the patch on the back of your jacket, and that is like an animated person.
Speaker 1: He is in caps.
Speaker 7: His spirit and personality is alive and well inside your jacket, which that fucking rules. It's also like it kind of surprised me with how like wildly gory it is at times, right, like especially the game over screen is like Raiders of the Lost Arc melting face stuff where you're just like, wow, I was expecting that what happened? What's going on?
Speaker 1: But it works.
Speaker 7: Everything works in this, and I think that's it's really cool.
Speaker 3: It's excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad this is the thing.
Speaker 3: I want to see this.
Speaker 5: February.
Speaker 1: I don't know something, it's February.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, February eleventh. There you go coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, just a cyber Valentine's Day. We're gonna need it the most.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope there's a Prince of Cats in this game. I'm sure, Like it's possible, you know, Yeah, it's possible. Man, Lovely, Lovely lovely. It sounds like my Jam Just like Mike Manatt, he's been playing one of the most my Jam games.
Speaker 3: Uh, you've been playing Blood Born?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, this is actually my final incentive when I did my Kingdom Heart's Marathon stream for our Extra Life was that I would PLAYCE again because over the last couple of years I played through all the other uh from Soft Souls Like Games, the Dark Souls, the Demon Souls, Secoro of Donown Ring before this was the only one I actually had played before I played this back when it came out. I played all the way through it. I remember I liked it, but I was never one of those like this is the one of the best game ever kind of people. So coming back to it now through I've done all these other ones, it was a very different experience. Like the first time, I was struggling so much, right because I just wasn't use these kind of games. How I played all these other ones, it's almost bizarre how relatively easy the game. It's like, I still die, but mostly the stages, Like there were very few bosses that would be like more than two maybe three attempts for me anymore. But it didn't mean like it was like more boring. I just actually really liked that flow state I was getting into. It was also the person time I did the DLC, and the DEALC is the best part of the game, Like all the bosses in that one, Ludwig the big horse guy with the giant you know blue blade that's in all these games, Lady Maria, the the orphan, like, those fights were all immaculate and they felt good. So it was worth doing again just to finally play all of that DLC stuff. Also, thirty freaths per second, I thought that would really bother me. When you first start the game up. It bothered me, and then you get used.
Speaker 1: To it very quickly.
Speaker 5: Actually, it's not an issue, like not even like to the point where like, oh, every time I start the game up again, a guy get used to it again. It's like no, I like got used to it kind of forever with the game. As much as I complained about thirty frames per second and I do it was like, don't, don't, don't not play this game because that's a roadblock to you in your mind, because I'm gonna wait for a PC port that probably isn't happening for years. Still, just go find a way to play Bloodborne now. It's fine, You'll get used to that frame rate. It's still a very pretty game in a lot of ways. And you know, the atmosphere, the whole kind of Victorian evil spooky where wolf vibe of the game still works. Wonder it's probably it's probably more interesting to me than the usual dark, mid evil tone of the usual from software stuff.
Speaker 1: I think Andy Cortez bought a like fifteen hundred dollars PlayStation four to that would like unlock the frame rate that was hacked or something so you could play it in sixty frames per second? Are you saying that that was maybe a misuse of fun? Sorry, I'm sorry he did what he bought like a very expensive PlayStation that was so you could sick Well, that's real sicko stuff. I didn't know he was that.
Speaker 5: Well apparently like just normal PS four emulation is also just getting there anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah that and like the last year that's it's gotten there.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so you know you could go you can look at that avenue as well. Actually, the reason one of reason why I even like did this was because I was able to buy a physical copy of the game for super cheap over the holidays. I was like, ah, let's plug this.
Speaker 7: At least you got one physical game for cheap.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're still reeling at my Burning Rangers just from that block.
Speaker 7: No, I just, like I said, I just want you to haggle. I want you to get these guys down. Man.
Speaker 5: I haggle a little bit because I hate haggling.
Speaker 7: But I know, yeah, but you Disney haggle, which is like, here's my wallet, give me back what you think I deserve.
Speaker 5: I'm buying like three things you like ten dollars.
Speaker 7: That's my handle bellad parking hate tell me when it's worth What do you mean you hate haggling?
Speaker 5: I don't negotiat I want to buy.
Speaker 7: You are at a trade show, which is by definition the the you know, epitome of of of haggling.
Speaker 3: There's there's no rules, Mike, you can make no rules.
Speaker 5: That's a completely different skill set that I have never invested in or be interested in my life.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, you're the bad boy, and I think because of said bad boy a status you could get away with more, you could charmed.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, man, it's not about charming though. That's what I don't like about it, because I saw this the first time I went. I was a guy. I went to his booth, I bought like three things, pay normal price. I was very nice and polite guy behind me. It's like a real big jerk about it. Really like I'm looking up on this site, taking up too much time to like this is worth this? But and he says fifty bucks because of it, it's bullshit. We should not reward bad behavior and assholary.
Speaker 3: What do virgins.
Speaker 4: It's also like, you know, because sometimes I've been to a million game stories where it's like, Okay, I know how much this game is worth and it doesn't have the case.
Speaker 1: Mike does that. Mike every time Mike checked the price of the thing.
Speaker 5: If it's not that price, I won't buy it from them. That's what I do.
Speaker 3: Was it in like pristine condition.
Speaker 5: The Brain Raiders. Yeah, yeah, it's a great condition. Look at the manuals in there. Okay, okay, Mikey.
Speaker 1: The flip side of that, he's not like like mister Magoo and this, No, I.
Speaker 2: Will say Mikey. Sometimes also the sellers themselves kind of dis yeh.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: But you don't have to match people's dickery just to get along in the world.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 7: We're talking right, we're talking about protecting your neck. We're talking about protecting yourself.
Speaker 1: That there was like guys like this is my son's collection, and I think the sun is here's another one that died. I think he said about like his whole family to sell this stuff, and they were super nice and cool. And there's another obviously just like a family operation. I don't know, it's the Midwest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well people, maybe your maybe in your coastal game convention, elitist game convention. I don't know. That's my resolution is actually plays some of these games I bought that cost too much money.
Speaker 2: Mike, And you've been playing a lot of games, and another one you've been playing is Final Fantasy Tactics the Evilies Chronicles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is kind of my big holiday game, finally diving into this. As much as I love Final Fantasy, I've never played much of Tactics, any version of it. So really excited that they announced this remake, And then even when it came out, I didn't quite get to it right away. It was just busy with other things. This is a perfect opportunity. After I'd beat Metric Prime four, I put this in and Yeah, it turns out this is a fantastic video game. I can see why everybody has always been really excited about it. And I'm also like the remake the god the voice acting, it's so good, and it's just you know, all looking good and running well. So it just seems like they did a really good job with all of that stuff. I'm not familiar enough with the base game to notice like smaller changes or script changes and things like that, but just what I'm playing is a fantastic experience. The story is super interesting. It's always fun when you get to in other chapter. There's always some some some kind of intrigue happening. I'm always to get to the next bit of story content, and I like that. It is a game where I have to grind a bit. Games with job systems usually are that. So you have to get those job points you can level up your jobs. I don't know why, but getting job points somehow even more exciting than getting experience points.
Speaker 1: No, we're not wrong, We're not wrong with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know, I get the point now where like builds are really coming together, Like I've gotten to a ninja, so I have a bunch of people that can dual wield weapons. Now, yeah, I've got summoner, I got arithmetician, And I know I've been told that that's maybe good. I look at it and it's scary and confusing to.
Speaker 1: A new island and mess and this. Eventually you're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: It's the year of Calculus, guys. We're gonna get really into math this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like it.
Speaker 5: I'm in chapter I just started chapter three now, so I've been making some pretty good proggies in there. I think tonight I'm gonna spend a lot of time actually grinding out some more job points to get there, because you know what, they're grinding, do like I'll hit some roadblocks. At the end of chapter two, there were a couple of Yes, they're pretty therefore. There was one where I had to fight Goff garyon and then there are also two like time may just casting slow on people, and I'm like, Okay, do I need to like take down Gaff gary in as fastest post because he's so tough and he can heal himself, Or do I need to like figure out a way to take out these time ages right away because if they slow my party, I'm basically dead. Just figuring out all these little things and sometimes even changing out my party jobs on the fly to better suit what a battle's going to be like, you can't just even like a normal Final Fantasy a lot too. You can kind of just brute force it. You could push x a lot right, and then it's only boss is where you're casting spells and thinking about things here at every battle, you're making a lot of meaningful turn by turn choices.
Speaker 1: It's worth it to have like someone who knows the game really well to like ask them questions. Was just definitely something I was doing when I was trying to be like am I supposed to be grinding this much, I feel like I am, and they're like, yes, that's totally normal. In fact, you should find a place where you like grinding and kind of like lean into it. Them like, okay, great, that's what I was doing. So it's just like sanity checks every once in a while is important, and someone who knows the game really well it can help with that.
Speaker 2: Fan fantastic, But that's not it for games folks. If you listened to day four of our Game of the Year deliberations, you may remember that Mike Manatti rode very hard for two point Museum, so he went back and played two point Campus. Mikey, yes, it's the verdict.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most not a low two point museum. I'd actually not played the previous ones. First was two point Hospital, then was two point Campus, so I thought, I check out campus. I think running a school would be more fun than a hospital. Hospitals are sad, you know, this is what bad things happened there. Nothing bad happens at a school.
Speaker 3: Hospitals are way better than schools. Better I would live in before. I hate schools, yes, yep.
Speaker 5: So I was just curious to see, like what the differences and similarities would be and starting it up like very similar. You're sort of building rooms for specific needs, you know here instead of building like you know, an like research room or a cafeteria or a souvenir room, build a dormitory, build a lecture hall, build a classroom, student rec center. So that stuff all felt okay, Oh yeah, these these systems seemed very similar. First we started feeling a lot different was when I went to the next campus, because these games you have multiple maps you go to. When I went to the next campus, like the first one was more of a general it was like a science school than the next one was a culinary school. I was like, ooh, how is this going to feel different? And not too different at least, you know, from the a couple of hours i'd play. Things going to change up all that much the same when I went to my third school, which was like a robots school, whereas a two point museum, Like the different museums I was building had kind of very different mechanics going on. A lot of that tied into the expeditions, which is a whole system not here where you were sending out employees to go find exhibits or fish for your aquarium. Or whatever to bring back and then put on display in your museum.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's like a lot of that DNA there.
Speaker 5: But somehow it it almost feels like two point Museum is the game that this was all building up to in some way, like this was the best use of the systems that they did develop there, haven't ma said that. I'm still having a lot of fun with Campus, just even like doing satisfying things like actually making a copy paste dorm room like you actually would in real college, making one dorm room, making as small as possible to fit in two beds in the desk, right, and then just copy pasting that. So I had a whole dorm like row there. I don't know why. Some of that stuff's just very satisfying. And the whole two point aesthetic and vibe it's kind of chill. It's trying to be funny, but not like, you know, obnoxiously, So it's just got this weird British sense of humor in the background that is amusing and I enjoy that. So yeah, I think I might even check out some more of Campus. Kind of want to go back to Museum because they have added some stuff to that game since I last played it. I'm a big fan of this series now I'm very curious to see what we are going to get next from them. Two point Maul gets thrown around a lot, super fun, great especially I think mall and nostalgia is going to be at all time high. Is more and more than clothes. So yeah, it's a good.
Speaker 1: Time if they If they do two point theme park, it has to be like a roller coaster builder first, right, It can't just be like focusing on the themes and.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that, because like when there was sim theme park, that one was not as like you made Roy coasters, but not to the level of a Rocoon or a Planet Coaster. Now it was much more management stuff really okay, which it's hard because you know, stuff like Planet Coaster does just have all that management stuff right, and I almost feel like you skip theme park. I feel like Planet Coaster just has that on lockdown on it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Cemetery there you go, indeed, Yeah, yeah, it's a very quiet, chill place.
Speaker 3: To hang out at.
Speaker 1: That would get me to play that, Mikey, there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll get a dark edge.
Speaker 1: I like it right there, hire various goths to do tasks for you.
Speaker 7: Yes, more goths and dev please get them.
Speaker 5: From the hot topic at two point mall.
Speaker 3: Oh there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, hot topics are not as scary as they used to be. I'll say that they used to be full of goths, but now they're just full of people wearing anime t shirts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very anime heavy, right, Like you know, first it was full golf, then you had that Nightmare before Christmas era and influenced culturey. Now that same brand has opened up the other store. Guy can't think of the name.
Speaker 8: Lunch box, lunch box box, lunch and that's where like a lot of that's why they put all of the Disney and like the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings stuff.
Speaker 5: Now, so like last stuff is not.
Speaker 1: In probably the favory stuff has to go to hot topic, okay, right exactly.
Speaker 5: So hot topic has like chainsaw Man and you know, the Digital Circus or whatever.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it's.
Speaker 7: Still around, Like I can't survive.
Speaker 1: Right, They're like one of the few things that are in most malls that still exists, Like the Sabarro isn't even open anymore. But hot topic is Spencer's. There's there's still a lot of Spencer's topic. Yeah, and I like, you walk into Spencers and it's I remember having to walk a few more feet before I got.
Speaker 3: To the dill do.
Speaker 5: Now it's like pretty much it now it's.
Speaker 1: Dil Doo forward at this point.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, it's probably what they're selling most of is probably the dolls and the sleeves from actual user for gags. Wait, I think often for gags. I mean, at least when I was in the first Bill Doos, people would buy people second toys from Spencer's as a gag. I don't know people are using them just.
Speaker 1: The way that you lingered on the word sleeves.
Speaker 7: Mike, just yeah, I thought I thought that's what you keep your dildo in. Yeah, okay, s Spencers every day coming start. I need to start salting people by calling my sheep.
Speaker 5: They probably should have shees. It's word that they kind of just float around.
Speaker 3: Still, we know, as far as we know, who knows.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think people are just raw dogging them in their sock drawer.
Speaker 3: I think they have like a.
Speaker 1: The iPhone sock, like a velvet velvet casey.
Speaker 5: Repurposing the remote sleeve. All right, I have news.
Speaker 1: Uh ce, yes is happening? There was what are they doing? I was just activated? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The funnest thing, the funnest thing I saw is there is there dildo tech at CES.
Speaker 7: Before before I my departure, that was an emerging category.
Speaker 1: Uh, in more ways than one.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 7: At some point it was the second VR was a thing. Everyone's like, we're gonna try and funk stuff now, and CS for like two years in a row was like, yeah, guess what, you go want to fuck technology as much as you want to play with it, don't you?
Speaker 1: And that was that was the thing for a while. The best was c NEET and its hesitation, uh, where it's.
Speaker 3: Like do we cover this? Do we cover the fuckable robot?
Speaker 7: It's like yeah, I mean like people like it's okay people fuck people do these things like you probably should.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: That was a big kind of scandalous conversation.
Speaker 4: They had a booth at one of the later E threes, like in the like maybe twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, where it was like a Naughty America VR booth or something like on the outskirts of one of the halls, and it's like they had demos set up and so it's just like you're looking and it was like busy. There were like a ton of people all around this headset.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, just right in the middle of a show. For it was word like whacking off, but like.
Speaker 1: It was like official, like approved butt tumblers right there in the middle of.
Speaker 3: The exact things exactly. Yea, yeah, yeah, that was a weird thing to see on a show. Flour something miss like no pad.
Speaker 5: Indeed this is that is ladies, but hole interesting what I was at Gaysbeat. I would love I would love Dean there because like technology is technology. So he just'd be like, oh, hey, I'm gonna check out. He's like, yes, I'm Abi Soft and I'm heading over to Vixen and they've got some uh some VR sex stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, I mean, has the Dean has the energy of you know in Minority Report, the guy that's like getting the lap dance and the cops break in and he's like, oh, I didn't do it. He's got the energy of that. How many rings this Dean Rock?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: There was a the Third three party that had attendees including Sasha Gray and Hull Cogan.
Speaker 3: Who's that first one, I'm not familiar. Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twitch streamer, Yeah yeah, Okay. The best thing I saw was a raiding hat that has a solar panel on the roof of the hat so you could walk around and charging your stuff, so it literally harnesses electricity like raiding but just like just like.
Speaker 5: Bortal Combat branded item.
Speaker 3: No, it's just a hat that looks like it should be anyway you stuff.
Speaker 1: What's the Lego stuff? Apparently cool, there's they're they're calling it like smart bricks.
Speaker 7: Uh, there's just bricks, Lego bricks with like chips inside of them, and uh, they're going to be using anything called play Engine, And I think it's just like a what end the same like toys, like Toys to Life sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: So like, oh, if you like maybe have it like on a certain like pad, if you had it on the Scott what's the damn spirro spin off? My Yeah, yeah, it's just Lego dimensions.
Speaker 7: Okay, I mean it's not it's like sound effects stuff, lighting effects stuff. I did they they explored some of this with the man Ario stuff, right, I mean yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: There's a little bit that doesn't seem super.
Speaker 7: I mean I'm keeping CS beyond arms length here, and I feel like this is the one thing that is permeated into the normy conversation about what has come out of that show so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so right when you get to the sick out stuff, like the PC Harward stuff, it is kind of grim because of everything that's happening over there. Intel does have a new PC chip that is Panther Lake. I think I think it's Panther Lake. And really the whole thing with this is this is them.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: They name them all after real lakes. There's not a Panther like we're getting closer to like Brian Fantana made up colognes and yeah, Intel's architecture sex Panther Lake. Yeah, right, like definite Intel Core Ultra series three chips that they are going to plan to use for handheld PCs, So they're going to try to get into that game alongside a m D and I guess Nvidia if you count the switch to and so it's like there's one of their GPUs, one of their good discrete GPUs is built into this platform now, and that'll be nice to have some competition in that space space that I still am very interested in seeing how it grows in Nvidia had DLSS four point five, which I think this is like also indicative of where we're at. Where it's like their big announcement was an improvement to the technology that you can get on all of their rtx GPUs that you already own, because you're probably not going to be buying a new one. They're going to be insanely expensive. They're cutting production by thirty percent for this year. They're bringing back the thirty sixty. Apparently crazy when I saw that. Why bringing back the thirty sixty. Can you imagine like what that's going to cost If that thing is like five hundred to seven hundred dollars in twenty twenty six, how gross that's going to be to CE. So that's where we're at, so instead be excited because for a DLSS four point five, if you have a fifty series, you get all the bells and whistles, including six X frame generation, which will play nice. So it's like they can generate six frames for every one frame. Latency's got to be bad on that because latency is kind of noticeable on frame generation already, but I don't know, maybe in some games that won't matter. But they did also talk about a g SINC Pulsar, which is the new new new generation of g SNC where they are using some strobing back like technology that I didn't understand. Basically, they're trying to get it to a point where it's like you're going to have super high fidelity motion clarity up to one thousand frames or a thousand hertz of refresh rate so that you can get like awesome experiences in esports, games and stuff like that. So I want to see it, But like whenever I've done anything from sixty to one hundred and twenty and then one hundred and twenty to two forty, I the the sort of like return on that is less and less with every new frame per second. I'm not sure if I'm going to notice the difference between two forty and one thousand. Is that and that's going to rec Is that going to require hardware to play along with that? So I think if you have I believe you have a newer GPU from them, you'll be fine. You will need a new This is a whole new series of monitors and like Asis and Acer and a handful of others are going to be making them and like you know, motion clarity, that is the one place where it's like, oh, we have a lot of great technology. Oh, let's look so good. And HDR is really good motion clarity, which like from frame to frame has actually not been as good as it's been on the best CRTs at the end of the CRTs up to this point. This sounds like this might actually do something about that. But again, I've only begun to look into this. No one's seen it outside of their demonstrations at CEES, So let's get some real world experience and see what happens there. Resident Evil requiems in Vidia trailer. As part of all this did tease a big new environment, let's see. Capcom released a new video Resident Evil Requiem Yes, showcasing the game's path, tracing visuals within videographics cards, and offering offering a glimpse of a new city environment. Likely ren Wood in Insider Claims suggested that the game will feature big open levels. This might be that part of the game, Like, obviously we've seen a lot of corridors that are not big and open, but there were some rumors that they would have big open areas. Sounds like the city could be something along those lines, although I would not expect open world. Open zone is probably what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting watching this because, you know, like Rezievil three, you're in city streets a lot, but it's Raccoon City. It's mostly deserted, it's all monsters. Here, we're seeing, you know, people walking through a normal kind of city with actual people walking around. Yeah, in this trailer at least, it obviously looks absolutely insanely gorgeous. So hopefully it'll actually look like that when we're playing the game or The R engine has felt pretty heavy on games, especially games that do open up. I'm just hoping we don't really have those issues with R E nine.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see here, Sony AI patent will see PlayStation games play themselves. Players are stuck. People are freaking out about this ghost player AI technology for PlayStation games that would allow an AI generated version of the player character to demonstrate solutions to puzzles, called guide mode. People pointed out this has happened in Nintendo games for years and years and years and years, called super Guide They I think they had a patent on this. Maybe it wasn't the same solution. This is using AI whatever that means. I think Nintendo just like plays like has like scripting that just has them do it for you automatically and shows you what it looks like. So yeah, this kind of stuff is going to pop up more and more frequently. But I don't know, I just won't use it. That's kind of how I feel about it. And I guess I don't know why people are freaking out necessarily. The Witcher three is reportedly getting a surprise new expansion this year. Reports suggest that CD Project Red is working with the team that is over at Fool's Theory that is remastering the Witch one or remaking the Witcher one, and that team is also making an expansion for the Witcher three that'll be out in May. This is according to some analysts in Poland and some insiders in Poland who seem to have like a lot of reporting on on this game in the studio. To me, this is not that surprising. Feels like the kind of thing that we're gonna see more of. If you have a game like the Witcher three that just sells forever and ever, and you want to like get people excited about some other things happening in that series, like the eventual Witcher four, which is coming in this Witcher one remake. Why wouldn't you do something like this? Is this something that you guys are interested in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I like Twitcher three a lot. I haven't even played the other DLC and apparently that Blead and Wine is like the greatest DLC ever created for a game, right, people like that a ton, So there'd be a lot of interest in another one of these. Yeah, especially you know if it gets received. Well, yeah, it makes I think it makes a ton of sense. I don't want to say this is almost like more exciting than a Witcher four because you know there's a ton of potential there. But you know, people know, people know Witcher three, they understand that game's systems. Just giving them some more content in that world is going to be really appealing to a ton of people.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is the opportunity I take to dive into the Witcher three.
Speaker 1: It's good, Joe, Yeah, people and people love those DLCs, so it's like, if this can keep that going in any way, people will be very excited, would be my guess. Monster Hunter Wilds on Nintendo Switch two. Evidence grows, including a glimpse of how it could run. Data Minors reportedly found references in a recent PC update for Monster Hunter Wilds that suggest Capcom maybe planning a release for the Nintendo Switch two. The uncovered tech strings and graphic presets point to a potential Switch two port running at thirty frames per second with d LSS enabled. One reported graphics option for the docs switch To suggested the game could run at ten ADP with better fidelity than the PC's very low preset. This aligns with Capcom's strong support for the switch to so far. They said as much like, Hey, we want to put everything on the switch To. I think this is the one that people are still surprised by because of its performance on PCs, and so it's like what is that look like? But of course they're also trying to update it for PCs still and make it run better on there. Maybe this is part of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be funny either way. Like this comes out and is a mess, it's like, Wow, what the heck are we doing here? If it comes out it runs great, it's almost like, well, how'd you make that happen? Why was this such a struggle on high end PCs? And now it looks pretty good on Switch too. Yeah, I mean it makes sense to do it. Part of me almost wishes we would just get a Monster Hunter rise To, something specifically made for the Switch. I think that was a bit more straight to the gameplay, like that one was not a story focus. That was a bit more my gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that, where it's like I would be more excited if we were talking about it rise To or you know, the equivalent on Switch. But yeah, they probably aren't ready for that, and this is they probably intended to support this game for a very long time, and this is part of that.
Speaker 5: Even just like a I switch to edition, I would actually be pretty into that. I'd be pretty excited to see that game a better frame right on switch.
Speaker 1: To cool over the holidays. Double seven First Light was delayed by two months. It's now in the timeframe basically the same day that grant that thought of six was supposed to come out, really a day later, but they took that time once that game was delayed to delay their own game get a little bit of extra time. This is IO Interactive's first game that's not a hit Man in quite some time. I think it looks promising, but I bet they need every day they can get to sort of polish it and make sure it's as good as it possibly can be, because my understanding is make it a game like this is the kind of thing where like you can get some highs, some high highs into your game, but not all of it's going to come together in your first entry. It's always the sequel that gets all the benefit of learning everything. So I bet they want to avoid as much of those low lows as they can, and a few extra months can probably help with that. So we'll see. And then finally, Final Fantasy nine character designer Toshiyuki it a Hannah, Yeah, it a Hanah. There we go quits Square Enix. He said it was time. He's with the Square Inix for over thirty years and he basically just said, yeah, now is the time to go. And that's a long time to be anywhere. And I'm sure it's like this is just a normal sort of thing of hey, let's let's retire or get out of here and move on to something new. But also probably finally on the call f in a Final Fantasy nine or doesn't mean anything for a Final Fantasy I was kinna.
Speaker 3: Say he's leaving because they didn't remake Final Fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, I don't know. Maybe not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if this has much to do like, I don't think momb Busy nine remake is happening anymore, to be honest, I don't think. I don't know if this has too much to do with it Still sad. I love his art and like the sort of more fanciful, kind of fun, colorful affect that he brought the foul Fantasy nine as opposed to you know, No More is a bit more realistic, darker take. I think that's what makes nine stand out so much to me. So I love his art a lot. I hope as a freelancer he'll get to contribute to other games. He can still contribute to Square Phoenix games as a freelancer if he wants to. But yeah, he's done a lot of great work. He definitely deserves to get to call his own shots.
Speaker 1: Last thing I didn't include there was a canceled Mega Man golf project from twenty eighteen. They were gonna make a Mega Man plus Capcom golf What and that sounds awesome? It sounds it sounds very good. Like it was going to center on Mega Man, but I guess we have other Capcom stuff with Phoenix, Like leaked concept art came out yesterday. I would love to have seen this.
Speaker 5: He would have been a character. Oh this would have been amazing. Oh oh, here's Frank West using like a baseball bat with barbire on it as his golf club.
Speaker 1: It's our fault for not doing for Yeah, it's a two D sort of like desert golf kind of thing. It's our fault for not having Golf Week back in twenty eighteen to really show them how important this, because yeah is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Honestly, I think I prefer they just made it more like a real clock gate with that kind of stuff though.
Speaker 1: Make it Mega Man Legends Golf and go from there.
Speaker 5: Conceptart looks cool though clearly running on the Mega Man eleven engine. I think it looks like, yeah, they should have done that.
Speaker 3: That does for the news.
Speaker 1: Back over to you, fan Fantastic gang.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take another quick bricky break and we will be back with emails and YouTube super chance, have we got any We'll see you right after this.
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 2: Emails BombCast at Giant Bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails to. You can write in about any and everything. I appreciate every single email that gets sent in. Thank you for all the kind words. Thank you for all the happy New Year's and the happy holidays. Let's get to the first email, and that comes from Mike from Loveland. Happy New Year to lowis bombus grandes say that should be Jigantes. New Year has me thinking about the passage of time.
Speaker 3: What most of the crew falls along.
Speaker 2: The spectrum of millennial except for Backlar, who I think is a member of the silent generation in a Korean war bet correct, thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: What does that even fucking mean?
Speaker 5: Really old?
Speaker 3: I'm seven years old.
Speaker 2: Turbo Sean is like Doogie Howser compared to y'all. He often loves the same series as the rest of the crew, but finds a different entry to be the iconic one, sort of like how everyone's favorite SNL cast is the one they had in high school. What are some examples of long running series where your favorite entry is based on the age you played it and not the actual comparative qualities it possesses. Love you love the show?
Speaker 4: Mike from Loveland is Linked to the Past. I mean, that's always my go to. But also I was like the perfect age and it was like the most nostalgic.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, I bet there's not many like Zelda fans are in their twenties right now who would think Linked to the Past is the best fair I could probably it's probably a fair amount, but you're right, the majority would be other games they play when they were and.
Speaker 3: Even I would probably say Breath of the Wild ultimately, but like linked to the Past is that choice? You know?
Speaker 5: It's not weird because there's some series like like Mario, Like I think the best one is Mario Odyssey. I think it's the last one. Still, not necessarily the ones like Ooh Laid when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: For me, I probably have more of reverence for Final or not Final Fantasy. Mega Man Battle Network versus the regular Mega Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that one's interesting because like to me, it's like Mega Man three, Megna two, megahn X, like you you bring up Bound Network. Sean likes legends, like that's the one that he's I think is the most nostalgic for right, So yeah, there's a little bit of a shift there for sure. I want to a Final Fantasy because I feel like people around my age usually it's one of the PS one ones are Superintendo ones that they think is absolutely, yeah, the best, but like part of me is like, I mean, you know, they're really like young twenty year olds are like fifteen, man, that's the best one. I think comes close to it. I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Would say for me, if we're doing Final Fantasy, I like ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ten is also really good, Like that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I wonder if young gamers definitely go to Meddle Year five.
Speaker 1: That's such a weird series because everyone kind of plays them all and stuff, So I wonder how much how much do younger gamers like Metal Gear Solid is almost like there are a lot of twenty something Metal Gear Solid fans these days.
Speaker 5: I feel like he.
Speaker 3: Gets brought up a lot in terms of just like, you know, how prescient two was.
Speaker 5: And you know, I bet Resident Evil would be a good one for this, because a series that has had like all time entries throughout multiple decades of existing.
Speaker 4: I mean a good example Kayla. Granted she's probably not the standard anything, but she is younger and she just played through all of them, and she thought Village was her favorite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I I was like, I love Rezu he remake, but like after that, like the first Residue remake on the GameCube, I'm like, that is so peak, that's amazing, And I wonder if the younger people still feel as much about that or to them, like Rezu wil To remake or Resil seven is signific.
Speaker 7: I feel that way about four, Mike, I mean, like me, that's freaking yeah, no or the original when're talking, because that's the spirit of what this Yes, the most psychotic emailer wrote, it's like that.
Speaker 1: Playing that on on GameCube for me was just like I was seared into my memory. I mean that's the one where it's like I really I'm like, oh, I love Resident Evil terms yeah right, yeah it zeld Us the poster child for this question. It's Seldon, Everyone's favorite Seldos, the one you play when you were twelve. The sentence that people said for forever. I think that's changed a little bit recently because of the Breath of the Wild, but there's a reason that that sentence was always said about this, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because was my favorite, you know, come to mind immediately, and I was like what you know, ten and fourteen when they came out, But then I was.
Speaker 1: Like nine to eleven as I was playing Links Awakening, and that's like what I was like figuring out video games, and so that's for me. It's that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let's ask some uh, some zoomers what their favorite romance of the Three Kingdoms is.
Speaker 2: Really give it away, like what's your's favorite Italia game?
Speaker 3: Oh Rizza?
Speaker 1: Now, Now for for zoomers, it's what season of Fortnite was your favorite?
Speaker 4: But they can't even go back and play them because games don't stay around anymore.
Speaker 5: That's why they're so justaltic. For god, that SIPs and season.
Speaker 3: Was it was great, and I stopped playing immediately after it was done.
Speaker 5: They played a little bit more because they had some back to the Future stuff in this season, and I like back to the future, but not nearly as much as that.
Speaker 1: It's barely it's barely a seasoning, you know.
Speaker 5: But I bought that dark brown skin because I sure you like Doc Brown.
Speaker 3: Damn, and thinking about that, and then I don't even know what that is, but I like that joke.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 5: I have no idea that whole series is bathly because there's so many of them. They all get like seven out of Ted's and they just look.
Speaker 3: You're talking about their omnia seas.
Speaker 5: About Dave Hotels, and I just wonder what it's like to play it a Telly game, But I don't know if I have the courage to do it.
Speaker 7: Check it out together series, I'd watch that version.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think they know.
Speaker 2: What is.
Speaker 5: A tellier. A tellier. I'm not pronouncing the R.
Speaker 3: Tell you.
Speaker 2: I cannot pronounce this emailer's name first name, so I'm just gonna say, uh person. Jorgensen writes in Hello boys, Jam, I need help. A new restaurant selling Filipino food opened in my neighborhood in Copenhagen. Hearing you talk so lovingly about Filipino food makes me want to try out, but I know nothing about it. Can you give me some recommendations? They don't have that many items, so I have linked their menu Google Translate. I'll report back organ Seen, Copenhagen, Denmark. Yo, Yo, Jorgenson, you gotta go go to Tombayan, all right. Tombayan means like a place to hang out. Go get yourself some lumpia. They'll call it spring rolls over there, little egg rolls Delicio, So get yourself. The okoy okoy is kind of like, you know, it's it's our version of a lot ca, but it's a sweet potato instead of a regular potato. Can't go wrong with thee other of the crispy chicken or the sweet pork barbecue. I'm looking at their menu here, but if you want to feel a little frisky, baby, go with the beef. Got it because that's it. Brased oxtail, peanut, peanut butter stew. Real delicious.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: When I I went to New York, Bailey and I had a little bit of a cultural exchange. I had some Jewish food and I'm like, well, we gotta do the flip side of this. I'm gonna make you eat Filipino food. Homegirls Brave. We had the She liked it.
Speaker 3: She was dope.
Speaker 5: Jeny Jen, you're a sweet potato.
Speaker 1: Oh you know you're you're a little egg roll.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The the other part of that joke would be, if you're a Filipino sweet potato.
Speaker 3: It's ube because Mikey, you bet you bet.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Next email comes from Jamie from Colorado. Man, they're really going to make a strategy football game with xcom elements.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you mean like, do you mean soccer American football?
Speaker 3: They spelled it American football.
Speaker 1: It's got to be American American football is more turn based based.
Speaker 3: There were some like mutant league football type like inspired by a game.
Speaker 4: I think this game exists. I think it came out like ten years ago or something. It was called it a blood Maybe I'm thinking a blood bowl. That sounds maybe, right.
Speaker 3: Is that kind of what it is? It's turn based, right.
Speaker 4: Because I remember, because I remember being excited about a game thing like, oh shit, it's it's mutant league football, and then there were tiles and I was like, ah.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 5: But yeah.
Speaker 1: Blood blood Ball two from twenty fifteen is a strategy game, board game, single player multiplayer fantasy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Blood Bowls three from twenty twenty three has mostly negative recent reviews for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: So well, Blood Bowl two's got most very positive.
Speaker 5: So okay, so it is it's best, All right, play two? There you go?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well maybe about check that out. I like tiles and football most of the time. Andrew in Rochester rights in, Hey, duders, what examples do you have of making your own fun and games. You can basically be anything you come up with that isn't intended the intended way to play a game. For example, in the Seiphen filter to multiplayer, my sister and I would take turns making a bullet hole design somewhere in the level, and then the other player had to find it. Anothere I have would be what I would turn on sheets in Jedi Outcasts, spun a bunch of enemies and Jedi and then turning the AI back on and watching them fight in large battle. W Thank you for the years of great content and memories.
Speaker 3: Keep up the great work.
Speaker 5: See I'm too lazy for that, sus Ie. Small things like just making my character dance or like shoot a gun in rhythm to whatever music's happening, especially in Mega Man because it's like very rhythmic and melodics. I'll just go it's like whatever, especially if it's an elevator there's like some downtime or something. Even when I was playing Bloodborn, constantly just like shit me my character around to make it look like he's dancing or doing something that gets a giggle out of me.
Speaker 4: When we got the first Twisted Metal and we did a thing where like I would play as Outlaw the cop car, and I would hide somewhere in the city level and he would just it was almost like a roleplay type thing where you he would drive around the city trying to like avoid me, and as soon as like I saw him on my split screen, I would like chase after him and try to kill him and stuff.
Speaker 1: I would just install a random amount of mods into like Oblivion or Skyrim and then kind of just see what that would happen. And I would almost invariably end up with like the sex worker mods and I would try to use those to like get enough money to buy a house, and that was always a good time. I would have sex with any lizard person that wanted to, and it was they paid well.
Speaker 7: I clipped that, come on, you got that. I spent friends, spent a lot of time in sandbox stuff, which I guess is not you know, which is obvious, right, But like I spent so much time in Tear Down with the Plasma swords stuff, and then a lot of like early GTA five of just like you know, bringing in custom soundtracks and just sort of like driving.
Speaker 1: Around vising it. That kind of thing where you're just sort of like relaxing. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think it was also the year Dylan was born, So I was like a nervous wreck and I need and I found a lot of like cathartic detox time there.
Speaker 3: I remember Perfect Dark you could do like the Sims where like not the Sims, but you know the sim simulant characters, so you could do like one control characters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now like, okay on the Red Team is going to be three of this sim and so we would do rules where it's like we couldn't shoot each other, and like we had I think like pacifist Sims or whatever, so they wouldn't like attack directly. So we would put remote minds on the Sims and then send them after each other in some way and you'd have to like detonate them, like that was the only way we were allowed to kill each other, or something like making our own loves.
Speaker 1: Like that might per friend. I had a ton of that stuff for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my friends thought we did invent like our own mode and Smash Brothers where you only play as mister Gaman. Watch you can only do that hammer attack that's like one through nine and each one of different parts, and like the nine is the insta kill and sometimes would do some damage, like one would heal a person. It's funny, like you play this game, you start creating like your own vernacular and language around it, because like a six would kill somebody if like they were at like two hundred percent. So sometimes we'd be like, oh, good six will do instead of the nine. But you can still like do all the dodging and stuff. But it's just this thing. If you accidentally hit somebody with any other attack, then it's like this ceremony or all the other player stop it, dude, the rigging the bell taunt while the other two players go at the center and then whoever got hit gets a free hammer strike on the other person. And like sometimes it's the nine and that's like the big deciding factors. Yeah, we call it hammer time. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: You talk about like live matain vernacular grub. Have you gotten the part in the Mortal Kombat Legacy collection when they're talking about.
Speaker 3: The origins of Toasty, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: They were playing it was like Dan Ford and the sound guy, the Toasty Guy, and I think ed Bone would play play action football against each other frequently, and like he said, Dan Forden would always say, like as the characters were like going up with the line of scrimmage, he'd be like, no, I predict you're about to get toasted. And then it became a thing where he would just start going like I predict toasty and then like one just like, hey, do you want to like put dumb stuff like that in the games?
Speaker 3: Like all right, and so like the toasting.
Speaker 5: I had a actually the rug guy when he brought the rugover, I showed him my Analog three D and we did play some Morecombat trilogy on there and that was a great time. Yeah, seeing the toasty come up, it says like.
Speaker 3: A still hits easy later. Man.
Speaker 5: By the way, during the break, I admired the rug for a bit. It looks fantastic.
Speaker 4: I've been the picture. Yeah, I can't imagine. Don't show the people, Do not show the people, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Put in our discord Dan, you you are a brilliant man because you came up with rug mousepads. And I did see that at a museum over the over the break, anyone wants to peep that looks fun?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Josh in New York right soon I heard on the Game of the Year podcast that Dan had never played Quake and Jane had never played the original Doom, and it got me thinking, what are the most famous slash well regarded games that you've never touched? For me, it's Skyrim in World of Warcraft.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Oh, I guess it's World of Warcraft and I've never even touched it.
Speaker 5: You've never touched World war Craft? That's interesting. Yeah, huh, gosh, I'm trying to think, like, not never even touched because you know, I'm like, oh, I haven't Beaten, Golden and I and I've touched Golden and I. I've touched it in all sorts of places. Okay, Oh, I'm sorry, Okay, I'm sorry, right in the Golden Gun all right.
Speaker 2: I didn't write the emailer down, but this is for Backlar. They write and just wanted to let you know what New York has pretty has pretty regular bay Blade tournaments, and looking at the listing for the latest tournament in New York City may be discord. So Dylan wants to go to more events. This is where to look. I'm relatively active in the Portland scene and we have casual night at a game store out in the area, so it's worth looking at the New York City Discord to see if there are any casual nights there as well.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, uh, in an era of like you know, preteen screen overload.
Speaker 7: Right, this game this very analog, very hands on games.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, murdered radles. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: I forgot I Actually you.
Speaker 3: Look at the anime, The Blade anime.
Speaker 1: Which he's binged all the way through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go, I am this.
Speaker 2: May be one of the older older seasons, but Moses split the Red Sea using a bay Blade.
Speaker 7: No shit, Okay, I have to go back and find out which episode that is. I feel like I would have heard about it. Yeah, Like it's so refreshing to just like have him have friends over and they just like battle for an hour.
Speaker 1: Like an hour is a long time, dude.
Speaker 7: I gotta say, like that arena he has with the teeth around it, with the with the the sort of railing, it.
Speaker 1: Is so sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it will respin them.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 7: It is like you're battling, You're just like and there's scoring. There's like points scoring that makes sense now and like you get you know, a blast is not as much as an extreme takedown like or whatever it is where you knock the dradle out of the top.
Speaker 1: Out of the way, out of the arena. It's awesome, it's great. I hope it never goes away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm well, I mean you got to be do it in person, like, no, I know, next time we're in person, could we bring up bring a set like that.
Speaker 1: Someone's got to have something.
Speaker 3: Dude, I totally a right, it's cool. It is very very cool.
Speaker 7: I I bet, I bet he seems Bay coded right for sure. You know what's crazy is like, uh so he he bought a bunch We got a bunch of them for him, like maybe three years ago. I don't know if this is just like a fork for for bay Blades, but whatever it is. Now, the tops of the they are so much they're better made, they they're easier to assemble. They're just like stronger units. Their explosions are more impressive. Like everything about where bay Blades is at right now rules.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love that he's into it. It's all he wants to do.
Speaker 3: You've heard the bone Yellow commercial? Right, yes? Okay, want to make sure I send it to Jan. I don't know if people. Yes, I had it ready if we need it. Okay, okay, has anyone here not heard the bay Blade commercial?
Speaker 1: I heard it, Okay, yep, It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: It's very rips.
Speaker 1: It does yeah letter rip like that's it.
Speaker 7: I mean that was the game of the holiday season for sure.
Speaker 3: I Okay.
Speaker 2: In in the pockets of time where I wasn't playing Marvel Rivals, I actually was looking at bay Blade stuff and I saw someone made a key Blade hilt launcher and looked.
Speaker 7: And and like we got And then someone was like, yo, you can three D print your own like attachment to the ripper. And You're like, oh, okay, there's just a lot going on here and now, like every now and then, I'm like, what are the new ones that are coming out?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm just it's fun. There's it's I don't know. It is a toy that delivers. Like remember you like remember we were growing up, it was like crossfire with the ball.
Speaker 7: Right, Like you're like, oh well that game was like cool for like fourteen minutes and then you're like I get it. This ship just keeps slapping. It's just you never know what you're gonna get. The teeth are the railing is what what an improvement? What a quality of life upgrade? I can't say enough amazing stuff about it.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 7: Bacca Gun is different, right, No, those are the Yeah, that kind of sucks because.
Speaker 1: That's dumb and stupid. Okay, it's not dumb and stupid.
Speaker 7: I feel bad to shoot on Baka gun because Dylan was all about them too when he was really young.
Speaker 3: But they're impossible to fold up, like you they they're a little.
Speaker 1: Too far. I got a ship on it.
Speaker 7: Like they're balls, right, and then you have like you need like the dexterity is to to get them back into their spherical shape is very difficult.
Speaker 1: You never really get back together. What are what are they? Like the balls and they're like the monsters.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there are these little figures that they they arrived when you buy them, they're in a ball. It has the The game is like a card game where you get like you know, HP attacks and whatever. But when you throw them out on the ground, they unravel and they instantly pop into the character they're meant to be.
Speaker 1: But like you can't back together. They're really hard for and they're for kids, and it's like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It's like unfurling a rug. It's the non starter.
Speaker 3: No one can do it.
Speaker 5: No one can do it.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once unfurled, never furled again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yes, uh.
Speaker 2: Last two emails here, Hey, gang, how many cookies is too many cookies?
Speaker 3: I'm going through a rough stretch. My girlfriend dumped me, I got laid off from my job, and my way to cope is eating sweet treats. Look for me.
Speaker 2: There's a delicious bakery down the street for me that only sells cookies. So I have been I have been indulging more often than before. So my question is simple. How many cookies is too many cookies to eat in one night? For reference, they aren't huge cookies, but they're certainly not small either, about the size of two chips a hoy cookies on top of each other, but pretty dense impacked with philis.
Speaker 7: Okay, email or I'll say this. I understand you're going through a moment, and you know sometimes you just got to eat the whole ice cream. I get it, Like that's fine. I just think at some point and it's tough for us to say how many cookies are too many? Because you're getting it from a bespoke bakery and oftentimes bespoke bakeries. You're looking at the size of cookie you're talking about. I feel like you're looking at like two fishy to three hundred calories of cookie or some extra butter in there.
Speaker 3: There's no nutrition facts on.
Speaker 1: Those bad boys. It's uncharted territory. It's whatever goes.
Speaker 7: So they're making those taste delicious and amazing, and they probably have a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: So for this, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I can't put a number on it, but.
Speaker 1: It's not because like if I were to go pick up some chips ahway, just as an example, I would probably pick you up three. And then if it's like if I do that multiple times in a day, suddenly I've eaten nine twelve cookies in a day and say, oh my god, that happens so fat.
Speaker 5: You don't want to get to I ate a package of blank. That's when it's a real Exactly. The thing with the cookies is that they're going to ultimately make you feel worse because they're not good for you. You need to channel that energy, you know. I know it's like a generic but you know the breakup gym guy, you know, that's more productive way of channeling someday.
Speaker 3: Okay, actually making you feel.
Speaker 2: Better because I started seeing a trainer over the break and gang, I think this is the year I'm gonna get stupid sexy and hot.
Speaker 5: You're alway stupid sexy and hot. I'm not stupid hot sexy.
Speaker 3: But like, yeah, eat the cookies now. But then, like I don't know, go to the gym. You don't feel bad after going to the gym.
Speaker 1: You just do both both day.
Speaker 3: Oh here's what you do. Go get a protein shake that is cookie flavor. Yeah yeah, they'll just sort everything out or oats even yes, you know it's code though.
Speaker 4: No, Jan do you want to run a marathon with me in October? I'm on my own fitness journey right now.
Speaker 3: How many miles is a marathon?
Speaker 4: Twenty six point two? Jesus Christ, come to Minnesota run October?
Speaker 3: How cold is it in October? October is fine?
Speaker 4: Although I did do a half marathon in October two years ago and it was forty degrees when I started it.
Speaker 3: That sounds good, right way? Okay? Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, all right, I'll think about it. Dan is fine. I'd love to host.
Speaker 1: Steph did get me a shirt? That has a heater built into it. So now I have a shirt I have to charge.
Speaker 3: Hell, that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's got the little it's got the little like glow up icon on it. Yeah, there's a little but.
Speaker 3: It is that the name of the brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a big like hockey parent thing. Oh yeah, yeah, it's got it's got the hoodie he kind of built into a flannel on the outside. And and then yeah, I was like, I didn't realize there's a button, so I kept plugging in him like nothing's happened, like, oh look, there's a button right there. And then outside a bunch was doing a bunch of things that kept me more blue. I's got like three different things you can cycle between. Yes, red, blue, and white is the every level America. Okay, yeah there it is so uh it is dumb, though, to have a shirt you have to charge that. That is it is fun dumb.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And and of course somewhere somewhere out there, someone has to be burned.
Speaker 1: Severely by one. Someone's definitely got like the shape of the grill inside of the shirt on their.
Speaker 7: Back, the coils whatever, the coils, yeah, uh huh cool, okay, fun stuff.
Speaker 3: My vest has ram in it.
Speaker 1: Now awesome, at least something does Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, final email of the show before we get to super chats. Uh, Mike, I don't want to enrage you, Okay, I need you to keep calm during this, all right, heyo miikey uh tim fromiole. Right, So the Jabbroni's over at the besties are claiming they are the baddest boys of games media. Oh no, are you bad enough, dude to show them who the real bad boy is? Clip from a statement from Chris plant I'll go ahead and play this. Oh wait, wait, can anyone hear that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, one second, let me just do something at recorded something.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: They said that exactly. They said it specifically, where the bad boys.
Speaker 1: The baddest boys?
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, hold on, sorry sorry sorry.
Speaker 7: Just got flash there just because that is such a specific phrasing.
Speaker 1: Fresh Dick didn't give you warning back Large didn't say he was gonna step on our toes like this. There was a.
Speaker 7: Smoke signal that I was meant for something else.
Speaker 3: Can you'll hear this? Okay?
Speaker 6: So I went to sleep wondering how we would give an award to people for the best the best. We used to give people the Golden Marcus Phoenix. I think we did that once we did it were actually physically I don't to anybody, right, and I don't think they actually accepted it. I think that's the other problems my.
Speaker 5: Understanding the bad boys of games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Then I had this dream last night, and.
Speaker 5: Because they're trying to get people trophies that we.
Speaker 6: Would give people bronzed versions of ourselves. But in my dream, like we were kind of dipped in bronze.
Speaker 1: It was carbonit han solo kind Yeah.
Speaker 6: And a few questions came to mind. One, how much would it more like the fucking nerds of games media? Of the four of us they get well, well, the w they accept it, you know, yeah, not Walter. Which ones more valuable ranked? Is it platinum?
Speaker 1: Gold, silver, bronze?
Speaker 5: Is that what we're should do?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 2: Okay, that was the other of the clip. It doesn't seem as egregious as the emailer wrote in. Yeah, no, I was canceled like three times this episode.
Speaker 5: That's bad. That's nothing.
Speaker 3: He called me the most valuable gooner.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did do that, but then I still the golden I go to dick joke.
Speaker 3: It's let's let's be clear, folks.
Speaker 5: It is a form.
Speaker 7: It is an active aggression, as moderate as it might be, it is a it is a an.
Speaker 5: Active vice, and it shall not stand. It will be met with the equal and equivalent force.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I was thinking asymmetrical crub. Oh yes, I will wipe them from the face of podcast. Come way over the top on this, but I'll yield.
Speaker 1: To Manata here. It's your it's your stick.
Speaker 5: They're called the besties because they're the best at being non controversial and tame, is what I said.
Speaker 1: Oh and then the bad boy would know too, Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Uh mister Menotti, the bad beauty, would you hit me with some YouTube super chats if we got would love.
Speaker 5: To as soon as I switched my account to the Giant bomb once I can look at such things. I was too enraged, enraged in the moment. Yeah, all right, here we go from uh Migsy says this avatar two and three good. I found one to be okay, well the three D I think two is significantly better than one, and then three is probably closer to one's quote.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have to see one again. I don't know if I like one or three more two is the standout one for sure though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'm curious, right because it's like, I don't we said this last time, right, I don't remember one almost at all, aside from just like Geo Vini Rabisi.
Speaker 1: Showing up and then unobtainium. Yeah fift I try about scientology.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was weird, right, So regardless of the thing that I can't remember one, seeing two is fine in a vacuum, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they stop recap it. They stopped talking about unobtainedum real quick. They just want whale juice now, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whale juice Unobtainedum, welcome whale brain.
Speaker 5: Come well. Jake Sally's general thing. He was a dude, he became he's put in the body of the nave and he decided to stay as one of them and help that instead. Right, that's the important remember Avatar.
Speaker 7: Also, before we go to the next super chat, I do have breaking news out of CS. There is a five hundred dollars jerk off machine called the Handy that is getting a lot of a lot of play, a lot of a lot of a lot of love.
Speaker 3: You get an email I see a video. The first result is a video from a former coworker of yours.
Speaker 7: Uh, mister Backlar, you remember our buddy here right, Yes, he's doing this thing jiggle.
Speaker 1: It is jiggling all the way from Vegas handy to pro is an overclockable sex toy.
Speaker 5: Something you don't want to open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna rip my dick off.
Speaker 3: I don't want that too fast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we gotta strip all these out for the ram inside. I think the clear white thing in the thing and the sleeve.
Speaker 3: Do you know what do you think?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 3: That just doesn't We don't put.
Speaker 5: Your penis in the clear part. Still, it can't just only pee that strap.
Speaker 1: The clear part is the penis sheep.
Speaker 7: We have a hand we have hand ergonomic Yeah, but not going that.
Speaker 5: I don't like where the guy stretches it.
Speaker 3: I just got to that.
Speaker 1: Oh a video you guys watching.
Speaker 2: Christmas came a little late this year. Boys, you know the boy is over a c S. I kind of need like a field report from he would know what.
Speaker 1: To do this thing. Yeah, how many r p ms handle? Okay? Anyway, that's your industry gooter, Michael Hyam. Sorry, I just don't know how you use this thing, your mother, you know what you do? Listen though, Okay, the Jernyov mechanism is attached to what looks like, you know, a JBL speaker.
Speaker 3: It does speaker respects.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the stroke length is anywhere between zero and one hundred and twenty five millimeters.
Speaker 3: The American what's that?
Speaker 1: What's that? An American penis sentiz Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 4: The pro model will go up to four hundred and fifty millimeters a second on the stroke speed.
Speaker 1: I don't My Dick's gonna fucking time travel. I'm not trying to do that. What's happening? You're getting some real.
Speaker 3: Ship with this thing? Eighty it hurts. Get the flap. You can't overclock the standard, you can only overclock the pro.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Imagine if we turned the handy into a time.
Speaker 3: Of I just I just don't understand, like you jerk yourself off into the past.
Speaker 1: Just shows up and range at rome. Who's fais is that quickly from the future.
Speaker 5: Bathroom?
Speaker 3: You come too hard and there's just a Veloci wrappro in front of it.
Speaker 1: I just don't like the speed. I feel like friction is a problem there. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, you'm looking at the officials website. Now, it's got all the specs.
Speaker 1: I don't like it when he stretches it.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Hey, if it's worth it, I'll pay it.
Speaker 5: I don't think it could be worse this or freaking.
Speaker 1: We can't call this.
Speaker 4: Do you see the fucking gift on the Okay, hang on, can someone put that back in the chat? It's the handy dot com slash door and go to the handy tube. I was wondering why you needed Wi Fi and sure enough, there is an anime lady that just wax you.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be scripted, right, it's gonna have script thing and yeah, it's gonna work with anime ladies.
Speaker 4: It is exclusively anime ladies. In this gift, they're showing, hey, I don't want to one's young go nuts is not this is not the clip for the episode.
Speaker 1: How you're gonna fuck cartoons?
Speaker 3: Goddamn?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, un next super chet please please tell me, oh yeah right uh.
Speaker 1: From oh yeah, you're getting your favorite tele deldonics. That is a great world.
Speaker 5: I had to approve that word like twenty times.
Speaker 3: Chat like wait wait wait, wait wait wait, this is the handy too. Yeah, it's the secret electric boogaloo.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, Blade Runner says, Jan, I can't believe you got excited to watch a.
Speaker 3: Cop oh cyclone. We're not doing this today. Okay, we are not doing this.
Speaker 1: He's trying to stay positive.
Speaker 5: Then you don't deserve it today, Blade Runner said, smart bricked up, and then Blade Renner said a live reaction and if Jan watching the trailer, please, So yeah, what there's a there's like an X Men Avengers doomsday trailer.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, they're they're they're doing these little teaser things.
Speaker 2: They did one for Chris Evans coming back as Captain America. They did one for Thorn, the sky Rizzy commercial, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The sky Razy commercial.
Speaker 2: And now they did one with Professor X fuck him, Magneto great and Cyclops the Best Boy.
Speaker 5: Uh and does James Marson do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's James Marsen and he's wearing the Cyclops gear from like the comic books, and it looks like they're kind of emulating a panel from the comics, which I am very excited to see, even if he's in this movie for five minutes, because there's too many people in this movie as long as I hear a good optic.
Speaker 3: Blast, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh god, yeah, oh he looks sweet. Okay a minute, yes, yeah, but yeah, god, it's funny. How like they were like, we can't put these people in their original caution the ridiculous, And now like they've been putting these characters in their original costumes thirty years later or whatever, and they look awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 5: Then the next episode, Antonio Morales, who says, legit hung out with the girl only because she had resume before and really stoped hanging out with her once my cousin had it. I'm sorry if you're listening well, And then it makes he says Jeff Backlard. Do you get old keyboards and retro bright them?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm I'm not into that.
Speaker 7: I I know that is that's like they do that with like ne es, Like it's when plastic yellows, they like bring them back.
Speaker 4: To yea like a little tub and it's got you leave it like the sun for a bit, or like in a like UV strips around it or something.
Speaker 5: It's like a special light thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I've seen people like restore old consoles and they ture that and it and saying how it gets rid of the yellowing.
Speaker 3: It's like a lot you have to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you have to because you have to take everything out of the console, like every medical component has to just be that plastic you're putting.
Speaker 1: I just got my Super Nintendo and any A spec for the first time in twenty years from my childhoods and yeah they're both hell yellow as crazy, yellow as hell. And I was thinking about this, but I'm like whatever at this point. It works, right, it works.
Speaker 7: You can send I mean, I don't know what the price is like, but for something like that, if you really cared about the thing, I would almost like send it off to a professional service that does it.
Speaker 1: Timothy Shalame does it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, on the side, you know, I just yeah to do that yourself. And it's it's a lot, but uh yeah. For keyboards, now, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: It's funny, keyboard. That color for a keyboard is probably more sought after than than not want.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, because the first keyboards were surrounded by so much secondhand cigarette smoke that they all became that color immediately. It's just nice.
Speaker 1: It's just like that's all it is. Settling on the bless.
Speaker 2: I think if the if Marty Supreme was not coming out Christmas Day, I think we could have jumped on the press tour because that boy was everywhere. And can you imagine an episode of blike Club with Timothy shallow.
Speaker 4: May entrance to a podcast appearance at one point, like I would get along with Timothy's shallow May.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just we all have to wear like Knicks jerseys and it'll be fine.
Speaker 3: That's fine, see your kid.
Speaker 5: That's it for the super chats. Thank you so much, everybody appreciate it. Boys.
Speaker 2: What do we got going on this week? Game US Mornings popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, finally on the show tomorrow. It's gonna be a good one everybody, So, uh.
Speaker 5: Blake Club tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We always do the run tonight today. If you're watching this.
Speaker 1: Lab, we're gonna do run happening today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, voicemail dump truck on Thursday. Unprofessional Friday's plans are still up in the air. I think we wanted to try and do Anthem, but it turns out you can't get it anywhere.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Also, go ahead, if you've missed the Game of the Year podcast I suggest you go ahead and go get all of that, consume all of that. Also shouts out to Sean for for editing all of those bad boys? Am I missing anything?
Speaker 1: He's working on the music episode still right, Yeah, so that that's still coming, But he did so much work editing everything else. It'll come when it comes.
Speaker 3: Everybody speaking about.
Speaker 2: The doing a gurgantuan amount of effort to edit stuff. Shouts out, as always every damn year, to Marino for helping put the list together. Also shouts out to for helping edit them. Got a bunch of lists and actually I got I just got one yesterday.
Speaker 3: So might have a late one coming into based on a textile a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'd be more.
Speaker 2: It'll be worth it, worth the way. All of them great this year. Absolutely love all of them. Shouts out to everyone to also volunteer their time to write a list.
Speaker 1: All our All of our lists are on the site as well, so if you want to see any of our like extended thoughts about any of the games we talked about on the podcast or whatever, people have been checking those out and really appreciating them. So thanks for saying the nice tests.
Speaker 2: Go go visit the website. Also, if you have wiki experience, go help out Chuck. We mentioned at the top of the show BombCast dot.
Speaker 1: Com PHP if you know anything about it, if you've ever worked with Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's any any of all that stuff. But Gang, I think of that about does it. For this episode of the Giant BombCast. He's been Jeff. He's been Jeff, he's been Mike, he's been Dan. I've been chanting you at home.
Speaker 5: I've been downs.
Speaker 3: Let's see you next week, Barb. Another episode up. Good Guide BombCast Good. Oops, Oh I didn't fade the black now