Speaker 1: Hey, this is Melody Divers with a local ag. We have a special mini podcast today. Mackenzie Mother is here with us with the Bedford County Fair and she's going to share all things about this upcoming wonderful fair that we have.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks Melody for having me again. So next week kicks off our twenty twenty six Bedford County Fair. The fair opens on Friday at four pm and then runs through Saturday and Sunday, where it will close Sunday at.
Speaker 1: Six the twenty first, twenty second.
Speaker 2: And twenty third. That's right. So we're super excited to be back this year again at Liberty Link Park. This will be our second year there, so we are very grateful for the support from the town to allow us back again. We've been able to add a lot of new features to this year's fair, so we're super excited about those. To give everybody kind of an idea of what to expect throughout the weekend, Friday, we kick off again at four. We'll have our traditional favorites, the old McDonald's tent, the Midway. We have a really great lineup of rides for this year. We'll have our Home Goods Pavilion where you can check out all of the Home Goods contest entries throughout the whole weekend, and then Friday exclusively will have the Blue Ribbon Bouquet Bar where you can go and create a flower.
Speaker 1: Bouquet that is correct yet job.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's always a big hit, So that's happening Friday at six. In addition to that, we of course have a lot of food and craft and that will be there throughout the weekend. Another exciting feature that we'll have this year is a kid's activity tent. So we kind of played with that idea last year and it was very popular, so we added a lot to that and expanded the space so that will be geared more towards you know, uh, littler kids who may be not so interested in the rides, but give them something where they can go and have a quieter hang out while enjoying the fair. Saturday, we start the fair with our Community Expo, which is for our local nonprofits. That runs from ten am to three, so you're welcome to come check out those guys that are coming to set up during that time. They'll be up at the Home Goods Pavilion. The Midway open Saturday at noon and then of course we'll have the Old McDonald, the kids activity tent, all our vendors Saturday. We've got several presenters that will be at the Old McDonald tent throughout the day and then a few rocking chair conversations which I personally am super excited I have to.
Speaker 1: Tell us about this. Yes, So that's.
Speaker 2: Something that we've we've talked, talked about and tossed the idea around for several years. And basically our idea envisioned behind this would be having some local historians and just community like founding people who could come and share some Bedford County history at the fair. So we've finally put all that together this year and we'll have Danny Johnson of Johnson's Orchard or Piece of oter Winery. So he'll be there on the main stage at eleven thirty and that's on Saturday. That's on Saturday the twenty second. Yep. So if you've never had the pleasure of meeting Danny, he's a wealth of knowledge from of Bedford County and just a great storyteller. Yep. He's been just chomping out the bit to he wants to he wants to tell me with the story, and I said, I want it to be a surprise. I want it to be a surprise because I'm going to be front row then tent of just like everyone else.
Speaker 1: So he will be great.
Speaker 2: And like I say, he's there at eleven thirty till about twelve thirty on Saturday. And then we have miss Leslie from the Bedford Museum who will be there that afternoon. And then she's got about an in an hour worth of conversation to share about just kind of all things history of Bedford. So I think both of those will be well worth it for all ages to attend and really adding kind of a different, different feel for the fair. It'll give everybody kind of a chance to sit and relax and listen and still be educational, but really dig into that Bedford County history roots to the reason we're doing why we're doing this, Yes, our community, Yes very much. So that's been super important to me to try to bring in all avenues of our community and have a little piece of something that represents all of that at the fair. So I'm really excited to have them and hope that they have the support so that maybe that will, you know, kind of cue somebody else who was thinking about it the story right, so to have the interest and see you know how like impactful that was, and I mean they'll join us in the future. And then Sunday we'll have Midway that opens at one o'clock, fair grounds opens at noon, rides will start at one and of course food. Sunday we have our Community Talent Show, so I'm very very excited about that. That starts at one thirty. So at the conclusion of our talent show, we then will move into a fun foam dance party.
Speaker 1: For the kids.
Speaker 2: Uh so we're excited about that. I think one of our biggest editions this year is going to be our entertainment. So typically in the past we've always you know, included a band. This year we've got a lot up to kind of keep the stage busy all day. You know, families are busy, so we're trying to make it so at any time that they come to the fair there's gonna be something they are going on, rather than you know, just once right that in the day. So as far as entertainment goes, on Friday, we've got Cameron Smith who will be playing from six to eight and then we'll wrap up the evening with line dancing with Angela, so she's a line dance instructor and she's bringing all kinds of fun for us, and you know, kind of have an interactive piece, so a little something different, but I think that'll be super popular for all ages. And then entertainment for Saturday, we kick off with mister Johnson and the Rock and Chair Conversations, and then from that we'll move into New Standard, which is a local bluegrass band. Yeah, so, so they'll be there at one thirty. After them, we have Miss Leslie with another rock can share conversation. At four pm, we have the Blue Collar Band, and then to wrap up our evening we have.
Speaker 1: Star City Rockerska.
Speaker 2: So that's a full lineup for the day. On Saturday, different John Genres, Yeah, yep, keeping keeping a nice blend going and kind of breaking it up so it's not you know, back to back music. We've got some things mixed in. And then of course entertainment Sunday, we have Grayson Long's Evolution of Clogging, so she's gonna present a clogging demonstration and then also give us the history on the art of clogging. So we're excited to have that something different well, and then of course, like I say, the talent show at one point thirty and at the conclusion of Talent Show, DJ showtime.
Speaker 1: We love John Hometown Popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So we're gonna turn it up with John and have our Pham party for the kids along with a dance party to kind of wrap up the evening of the fair. So we're super excited for all, you know, the great lineup of entertainment and bringing in new folks and having a lot of diversity to like I say, bringing in all different areas of the community and try to have something that checks the box for everybody of an interest because it is everybody's fair. That's right, that's right, Everybody's fair, and we want everyone to feel like they have a part of space there. Tell me something that a question we get asked a lot on Facebook. Tell me about parking and admission.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So the Bedford County Fair continues to be free admission, free parking. Our on site parking is limited. If you're not able to get a spot on site, We've got to shuttle pick up areas that will be running throughout the fair, So Bedford Elementary School will be a shuttle pickup drop off and then Word of Life Church on Burk's Hill. Okay, we'll also be a secondary shuttle location. And then we have a small parking lot at the entrance to Liberty Lake that if you, you know, happen to be there, the bus will pick up on the way in. So we have two shuttles that will be running. We're very grateful Bedford Baptist Church and then LifeWise Group they have sponsored our shuttles for the weekend, so we'll have those running. Yeah, so that's fantastic and those are again the shuttle service is free, so if you're not able to find parking on site, feel free to go to one of our shuttle locations. They'll be making rounds all all through the fair, so you don't have to be there at a certain time. Once you get park just hang tight and they'll pick you up, bring you and be ready to take you back when you drop yep, when you're ready to go.
Speaker 1: So the tickets for the rides, that's an extra fee, correct and you can buy them when you get there or online.
Speaker 2: All all wristbands and ride tickets are purchased on site our website Bedford viafair dot org. We've got a section on there from our midway provider that provides ticket and risk band pricing and information you're not caught off guards correct yep. And then we'll have a big share on our social media pages at the start of next week to kind of give everybody some information to prepare as far as that goes, that's something worth checking out. There's some uh specials and discounts so at certain times in certain days, so if you know you've got people that you know are coming to ride, that would definitely be worth you know, checking in to. He's got some family packs available, there's military and active duty discounts, ticket packs, those sort of things, so definitely worth checking out, like I say on our web page, or you can keep an eye out on social media next week for for that information.
Speaker 1: And guess my last question is for the home goods is the deadline has it been not yet? Okay?
Speaker 2: So miss Carolyn who is our home goods Yes, she will be at the park next week starting on Monday at noon, so she'll be accepting entries for our home goods contest until the nineteenth, so she'll be there each day.
Speaker 1: I believe her hours are.
Speaker 2: Noon to seven each day to get those entries you may enter on site or if you visit the web page and have entries for three or less categories, there's an online submission there and then your your entry itself would just be dropped off at the home Goods contest to begin the judging, which would start on Thursday.
Speaker 1: And what kind of things for people that may not that may be new to a county fair. What what are home goods? What? What are these people presenting then getting judged.
Speaker 2: So we have a wide variety. I think some of our most popular areas of the home goods contests are our photography and art. It all also has categories for baking, canning. We've got several chocolate cake contests. Yeah, and then of course your your produce. There's some uh produce baskets that are judged, you know, on quality and appearance. We go into honey, so there's generally a honey contest, and then she's got several that are geared more towards kind of youth friendly, so those are worth checking out. Those those kind of vary, but there's definitely categories for both youth and adult. I think I covered most of the basics there. We've we've got some crop categories which go into hate quality and those sort of things. So if if, if you're a producer or an artisan, it is certainly something worth checking into because miss Carolin, Yeah, yeah, and miss Carolyn really puts a lot of time and effort into, you know, bringing quality judges in and putting together that home goods catalog to be very informative and very descriptive, so you know, you're you're able to see exactly you know, what to expect and and how your your entry is being judged. So that's worth worth checking into. She's got the catalog uploaded onto our web page. And then there's a couple social media shares with some you know interest for you to check out if, like I say, if you're a grower, producer, artistan that has a has an interest in that. Yeah, going back to there's a spot for absolutely yeah wonderful.
Speaker 1: One more time. Give a Facebook page and the web web page and the date.
Speaker 2: Okay, so our Facebook page is Bedford County Fair. We're very active on our Facebook page and share a lot of updates there. As we get into next week Fair Week, we'll have lots to share there. We also have Instagram and tiktoks so Graham. Yeah, so so we're expanding, we're trying. And then our web page is Bedford vafair dot org. So all information is on the web page. And then we also have a lot of links to take you directly to social right if if you need, you know, entries or we're still accepting sponsorships, volunteers, anything of those sorts. We would be happy to have you, and you can go directly to our website and it'll give you information yeah that you need for that wonderful.
Speaker 1: Well, I would like to thank you Mackenzie for all of your work and doing a great job you, Carolyn and everyone else is just pitching in and have a good team. Yes, so thank you, and we hope to see everybody at the face yeah see yeah at the fair. Yeah. All right, Well, this is Melody Divers reminding you to be good to yourself and be good to others.