Speaker 1: Hello, Anna, Welcome to Reality t the Kren Podcast. My name is Deelia and I'm one of your co hosts. I'm here with my daughter in law, the beautiful, the voluptous, the gorgeous, bea dressed Please, we are here to talk sister Wine. Honey. This is the run up to the Catfish, and I have to tell you I got so excited watching this episode because the preview at the end of this episode for the next episode, I saw that the Browns were in Alaska yabbage and I saw Mary crying about bringing a demonic force into this family. And it's the Catfish and it starts next week. Oh my god, I'm so excited. Now, before we get into the recap of this episode, we do have to issue you a very stern disclaimer. Please Batch, please hide your wife and hide those kids. Throw them in a dumpster. This isn't a Reverend podcast where we say bad words. We are curtifly sort of, we are sort of flyest, sort of fiably steal bid. We have dumb opinions, and so if you're one of them sensitive people.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, you little baby.
Speaker 1: You might want to find yourself another dumpster. But if you're ready to go to a very awkward adoption party for the Browns. Then welcome to this dumpster.
Speaker 2: And if you want to help support us in crowdsource for our own concrete slab where we can put our handprints and maybe our but cheeks in it, patre follow us on Instagram at reality tv Cridge and join us on Patreon, Patreon, dot com, slash reality TV Cringe, the vi Umpsters where it's at. We just finished our recaps of season one, Little Women, Little Baby AA, and those recaps were unhinged a lot with everything else on Patreon.
Speaker 1: Yes, we had a lot of fun. Definitely join us there, and if you are watching on YouTube, please do not forget to like and comment and share and subscribe as we continue our climb to mount seven thousand subscriber.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll get there in another five years.
Speaker 1: All we need is a sure put or two.
Speaker 3: I think we could do it.
Speaker 1: I believe in us, so every single thing you do allegedly helps us in the algorithm, and so thank you in adroom.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Before we get into this recap, Beatrice, of course, I have to ask you whether you had any thoughts and feelings after watching this episode.
Speaker 2: I feel like, my takeaway is gonna be really generic this week. It's just that portrait is weird. Every time I see it.
Speaker 1: It's just creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Robin saying like, I wanted to create a moment that didn't exist, but it does now.
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, I wanted to supplant the wife who was in the portrait. Now, this is what I actually wanted to get some clarity on, because I had always heard that Robin had taken a picture from Christine that already existed and then created when they just put her kids in and inserted Cody, and voila, this was the new portrait. Yeah, but when she went and saw the artist, like, she had the cutouts of her kids and she had a couple of pictures, So I didn't see the original portrait from Christine or the original picture.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was a very brief moment. She did slide a picture of Christine and Cody, and it was the picture with Cody as the glasses and three of their kids and Christine's like in the background, she's cropped out, so it was her there and you saw a little glose in it.
Speaker 1: I must have missed it. Yeah, it was very, very brief okay, because I thought Robin was actually collaborating with that artist to create it. Oh yeah, she just straight up stole she toltally staking the pictures. Okay, Oh my god. Yeah that's beautiful. Okay, So my takeaway has nothing to do with the episode. It's like everything that I'm seeing on the subreddits. Oh my god, there's some stuff going down with Leon still. Yeah. There's also a post I guess that Mary made. It was like a really annoying post about how she's moving away from certain chapters in her life and she's walking away from her business and from some friendships, and I have you read it, but it was so fucking long and it said virtually nothing as usual, just all that motivational therapy speak that Mary uses. But at the end of the day, there was a vibration underneath it all that felt like Mary has had a fall out with some of her friends, and I wanted to ask everybody what we think about that, and also that she's walking away from a business. Now, this can either be lularoaum, it could be worthy up, it could be the B and B. Yeah, what do we think it is?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like it's worthy of probably, but I don't know, Like in the comment underneath it, like it was a lot of worthy of speak, So maybe this is her just setting it up, Like I'm gonna get rid of the haunted B and B because nobody stays there anymore.
Speaker 1: And I don't think she wants people to stay there anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like she closed it down right for renovations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think she's making renovations to her taste, like to make it a home for her, so she's gonna live in them. But actually I could be totally wrong about that. Maybe she's making renovations for the BnB. So, like, I don't know what business. To me, it should be Lulaau for sure. Who the hell is buying Lularou?
Speaker 2: Yeah in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's ugly as fuck. Second, it is overpriced yea, And third it is a toxic Mormon MLM that people should not be contributing to correct, So I would hope that it's that. But she built out that guest house for her studio for her lular Oe business, so like I'm curious.
Speaker 2: Well, we're never gonna know, because she's.
Speaker 1: Never gonna just say it. Oh my god, it's two thousand words and she says virtually nothing. But then there was the part about friendships too, Yeah, walking away from friendships.
Speaker 2: Well, like I want. She started the whole thing off talking about, like, you know, my marriage ending wasn't the end of my life, like it was just the beginning. And then she like segued into the friendships and she was like, friendships are like that too.
Speaker 3: Sometimes people come into your life for like.
Speaker 2: A season, and then they leave or whatever. And I'm like, are you talking about jin?
Speaker 1: She talking about Robin?
Speaker 2: Well, didn't that just sell?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish she would just say what the fuck she means?
Speaker 2: She never will.
Speaker 1: I hate all of this double speak. It's so duplicitous and disingenuous to me. But I am still curious. I don't think it's Jem because I think I just saw a video of them together laughing. I think she's put some stuff up on her Instagram with her and another friend. I just don't know. Does anybody know out there what any of this is about? If you do, you can DM our girl Beatrice on Instagram. You can also drop in the comments on YouTube or Patreon. We are set, yeah for the information. Now, the other thing that I wanted to talk about was Leon. But for this I think we need to go uncensored.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, let's do it all right? Okay, back to the general pod, to the YouTube, and to all the lovely raccoons. By the way, if you want to have access to all of our truly uncensored thoughts and feelings, you've got to be a patron, So go to patreon dot com, Flash Reality TV, Cringe. All the stuff is there. Would love to have you. Now, without further ado, let's get into this week's recap of Sister Wives Season nine, episode ten, and Tata told.
Speaker 2: The chaw hosts in the could a Sacha.
Speaker 1: In the culd a sack? Okay, take it away.
Speaker 2: So we start off with Robin and Cody and Dayton, Aurora and Brianna. They're going up to Montana or whatever because apparently they're gonna go and spend a couple weeks I guess with Preston for visitation. And according to Robin, if we are to believe her and her big Jaw, they've never once taken the kids away from Preston. They've never once restricted his access to them. He apparently allegedly couldn't always take the kids for visitation every year, but this year he's able to conveniently after the adoption, so they're gonna go spend some time. But we hear from like Cody and Robin a little bit how they're like nervous of how the kids are gonna do on their visit with them with Preston because it's been a couple of years. I guess every time they have visited Preston in the past, they come back home with what Cody calls in a thousand yard stare, and they're a little off and it takes a little while to like reintegrate them into the family, which is bizarre. But then we like check in with Aurora and Dayton, and both Aurora and Dayton are actually like excited to see their dad. Dayton in particular is like, I'm really really glad to see him. It's been a couple of years, and he's super excited, which just kind of gives way to the theory that we.
Speaker 1: Have that, yeah, maybe he didn't want this. Dayton really didn't want to be separated like that from his dad. He did say, interestingly, I hope that my dad can set aside the dramatics so we can just enjoy our time together. And I'm like, huh, interesting what dramatics?
Speaker 2: Like what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I'm wondering, like what their visits were like for when they come home and they act all weird according to Cody and Robin, I'm like, what do you mean? How do they act weird? Are they questioning you? Are they like back talking you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What's the weirdness?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't elaborate, so we just don't know.
Speaker 2: And then we also hear from Christine on the couch about it, who says she sees the value and the kids having a relationship with their biological father, but she's a bit territorial about it, which I just thought was interesting. I don't know, it just the whole situation just feels weird to me.
Speaker 1: Feel lucky, there's a weird vibe about it. And also, Christine, nobody needs your opinion on this. It doesn't concern you, not at all.
Speaker 2: And then while the kids are up in Montana, we're back in Vegas. We have the adults meeting at someone's breakfast table and they're talking about planning the adoption party.
Speaker 1: There's always got to be a party. And it's always always got to be a Brown family celebration. I swear to God, it's just to create content. It's just to keep the show going. And apparently the kids are sick of it as well. I think Janelle says something like, oh my god, my kids are.
Speaker 2: Like again, wouldn't you be yes, I'd be so over this. And it's always like such a production and everybody's stressed.
Speaker 1: Out about something and a happy event. It's so much.
Speaker 2: Chaos and it's like I don't like I don't want to deal with it. And so while they're planning for this stupid party, you know, Robin is under the impression that she wants it to be a nace, fancy Sunday dinner type of thing. She's got the napkins, she's got the plates, she's got the tablecloths, she wants everybody to dress nice. It's gonna be a nice, fancy party. And Cody's like, well, what about I barbecue some chicken wing? Right? Can we have some like hot dogs and maybe some cores light or whatever and have it be like a trashy party. And Robin gets kind of triggered by that because she's like, we talked about this, we had a conversation Cody and she starts arguing with him in front of the other wives, and the other wives are just kind of sitting there like snickering or whatever. But on the couch they confront Robin about it and they're like, man, we've never seen you mouth off to Cody this much as much as you are right now during your pregnancy, and she's like, yeah, you know, hah whatever.
Speaker 1: I did feel it was performative. I do think it's something that Robin tends to do so that she can give the appearance that she's one of them. I'm a wife just like you. I get mad at Cody too, but I don't think it's actually real, And I think Cody is just humoring her and playing along with her, and it's not a big deal for me.
Speaker 2: I felt like there was some semblance of it being real, like they were having a little bit of an argument, But the thing is, like, it's not as caustic as any of the arguments that he has with Mary Christine or even Janell like, and that's the difference. I think It's like why when Cody and Robin argue, they're like playful jabs or whatever, because they love each other, and he respects Robin ultimately, but when it's Christine and him arguing, for example, or even Mary and him, like he hates.
Speaker 1: Them, Yeah, he does not give up.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. I think that's what is really glaring right there. And he tells everybody not to get their panties in a bunch, and Robin's like, let's not talk about p and ees.
Speaker 1: Which I think Janelle appreciates because she doesn't really like that kind of talk anyway. Remember when she walked out of their polygamous dinner with those weirdos up in Wyoming or Montana or wherever, Like, she doesn't like talk like that. So she had a lot of respect for Robin putting down that boundary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was interesting to see.
Speaker 1: Because I think Janelle hates Robin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think Christine is trying so hard to befriend Robin because she thinks that's her way to get to Cody. But I think Christine hates Robin. I think the only one who maybe likes Robin is Mary, but even that is starting to fizzle because of course she's in the process of getting catfish right now, so she's losing her connection with everybody in the family, including Robin.
Speaker 2: And then we shift gears and there's a lot of like bopping back and forth between various places in this episode. So we're at Robin's house, of course, and we're in some weird guest bedroom and she's going through family photos and stuff, and she's talking about how her and Cody want to do some things that are sweet for the kids. They want to get some plaques made with their pictures and the family pictures, and they have some gifts and stuff. And then Robin of course has her little special surprise that she wants to do for Cody, which we'll find out later in the episode, is that weird creepy portrait. So while they're looking through photos, looking through baby photos of Dayton, Aurora, and Brianna, Cody Waltz's in and he's looking through them and he gets a little misty eyed, and he's like, just missed out.
Speaker 3: On so many years, missed out on so many times, so much time with them. Yeah, and I just I can't feel any kind of like genuine human emotion for that.
Speaker 1: So what is he doing them? Like, what are we doing right now? Are we doing this for the cameras? Is he doing it because he wants everybody to believe that he's such a good guy and that he really loves these kids. Maybe, or is he having a genuine emotion about not being in Robin's kids' lives all those years. I just like, I just can't fathom that. I can't either.
Speaker 2: And he also brought up his own kids too, Like when he was looking through old photos of Logan and Leon and Hunter and all of the older kids, He's like, yeah, if you put all their baby pictures in front of me, I can tell you who is who. And then he shifts to Robin's kids, and I'm like, are you trying to make a comparison about how you were working all the time with your older kids and you missed out on all of their baby times and then you also missed out on the baby years with Robin's kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It was a bizarre scene, and I just kept thinking about how my husband has offered to adopt you. Sorry, I know your dad watches this podcast, but my husband is like, I will adopt you. I love you. But he's not crying about it. No, he's not thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I will actually be creeped out all the years.
Speaker 1: Wasted dive with the gitties that he didn't have access to you when you were a kid. It's just kind of strange, is all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I would be so creeped out.
Speaker 1: Oh I wish I could have been in your life. That would be strange.
Speaker 2: Okay, never coming over ever again, kidding. And then we go over to Christine's house and we're at her Moonscape backyard, the horrible, ugly backyard that's not finished.
Speaker 1: Compare and contrast with what Robin's rocking with her gorgeous backyard.
Speaker 2: So we have rob Christine's shitty ass backyard. She's meeting with some cement guys or whatever. They're going to pour a beautiful concrete slab in that moonscape backyard. And I will give Christine credit, this is kind of a sweet thing to do. She's gonna pour this slab in her backyard where everybody in the family is gonna put their handprints, gonna etch their names in it, and it's gonna be like a big thing commemorating the whole family and celebrating the adoption of dayton Or and Brianna. And she tells the story about how they actually did this in Wyoming with a lot of their older kids, and when they left Wyoming it was a bit bittersweet. They've come back to visit that little concrete slab a few times after that, but since Robin wasn't there, you know, I guess it doesn't mean anything. So we got to make a new one where we can include Robin and her kids into it. And I'm just thinking, like the whole time while we're watching this concrete segment, I'm just like, you did all this and.
Speaker 1: Then you moved to Flagstaff, Like that is so fucking We haven't even gotten to the time capsule, which is another Brown family celebration that's that we're gonna have to do. I'm watching this and I'm just thinking about the effort that Christine is making to prove to Cody that she loves this family, yeah, and that he can trust her, because remember when they were in Galveston, he like, can't trust her, And if I can't trust you, I can't bang you. And all Christine wants is that intimacy. And so the gateway to intimacy with Cody is for him to trust her by knowing that she supports the family. So now this is why I think, this is why she's doing this. I agree to demonstrate that she's down for the family. So can we bang or something real? Maybe tonight? What could you like have a look at see what I got going on?
Speaker 2: Can you just like put a finger in what? And I can soak and I can.
Speaker 1: Anything.
Speaker 2: God, we can move the bed and you don't have to do anything. But like, for real, that's what she's doing. Yes, And I thought the exact same thing, like, how can Robin say nowadays that like the family didn't like her and didn't make any effort to include her when we did.
Speaker 1: All for her children, We did all of this.
Speaker 2: We had Janelle, for God's sakes, crying in the courtroom about the adoption, Like everybody cared about you and your fucking kids.
Speaker 4: Bitch, not anymore though, No, for real, now you're dead to us, just like that concrete slab God.
Speaker 2: And then Robin's pregnant ass meets with a portrait sketch artist at some Starbucks. Mm hmm, and she says, this guy has a thick accent, but I understood him perfectly. Fine, Yeah, but she meets with him. He's from Bulgaria or whatever. She has pictures of the family, and she wants to create a sketch, a moment in time, if you will, of Cody with her kids as babies, and she meets with him. The guy's like, oh, these pictures a beautiful to perfect and then he's like, I'll draw it. It'll be great. And Robin's super excited about it because it's gonna be a surprise ultimately to Cody and the rest of the family. It's really for him and nobody else, But okay, for me, I'd be like, why didn't you just do like a sketch of the whole family, like with all of the kids, his babies and stuff, and then include like Dayton Orra and Brianna as like part of the family. It's kind of weird to me to just kind of isolate them with Cody when he has all these other children.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I feel like it's symbolic of something more like again, this idea of usurping the throne, Like this is mine now, this is my family. You've been here from the beginning. I'm the legal wife. This is what it feels like to me, wrapped up in this beautiful gesture that she's making for Cody, that poor artist. Honestly, by the way, beautiful eyes, totally gorgeousized nice person. Yeah, he's got a bit of a European accent or whatever. And she's like, can you understand English though, and he's like, I can understand English perfectly. Yeah, just have a bit of an accent. God weirdo for real. But anyway, yeah, that was a strange meeting.
Speaker 2: It was very weird. And then she had to explain like what plural marriage was, and I'm just like please, because of.
Speaker 1: Course, shut up. He's like, oh, lucky man, four wives.
Speaker 2: Oh god. I wonder how Robin actually felt like that in the moment about that comment, because if she really is like, no, I'm the best wife. I'm the one that he favors, like, and this guy's like, oh yeah, all that pussy, Oh god.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: And then we have Janelle meeting with some cake shop owners.
Speaker 1: Who are probably gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, we love a gay bakery, we do. I love it a gay carey. Well, like the name of it is, Showboy Bakery is great, Jassams. But they're getting, of course, a tree cake made out of cupcakes and stuff because.
Speaker 3: The tree theme is very important, right, it's very important symbolic for our family.
Speaker 2: And they want to out of carrot cake and angel food cake, which I just I wouldn't have picked that myself personally, but whatever. And we have Cody going to some trophy shop to pick up the plaques that he made for Dayton, Aurora, and Brianna, And basically these plaques are to commemory them being in the family. It's like a picture of each of the kids and then a picture of each of the kids with Cody, and then a picture of the kids with the whole family, and Cody, in his words, says he wanted it to be as expensive and as big and beautiful as possible. And again, I'm just like, why are you doing this when you have all these other kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I would feel so jealous. I would as well, especially if at this point these kids aren't actually seeing Cody as regularly as they used to, even though they're all living in the call decible. Yeah, because at this point he's already screwing with his schedule and favoring Robin. And so now we're gonna have a party for these punk ass kids waint blood for real, We're gonna have to see them get gifts and stuff like that, while we just sit in the back and cry.
Speaker 2: And they get like so many things. Like I understand doing a big family party, I guess, like I think that that's kind of sweet in it of itself, But then you have the plaques and I'm like, Okay, that's that's fine. But then you have other gifts, and then you have like jewelry, and then you have like cakes, and then you have like all of this theatrics for this, and you're spending so much money on this part of the family. I was just wondering, like, did Christine have to coupon extra hard.
Speaker 1: To get groceries, no vacation for you?
Speaker 2: Like did Janelle have to do extra hours at her job to afford some of her bills and stuff? Like, I don't know. It just felt really weird to me. So let me go back to Christine's house in her Moonscape backyard. We have the whole family there because they're going to put their handprints in the concrete. They pour the concrete slab, they draw a really ugly circular tree, really bad honey, and all of the kids were gonna put their hands in the tree, and Mary was gonna etch in their names, and then the adults were gonna put their feet in there, something in their hands, and they were gonna etche their names or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is too much, it was so much. It was too much, and it was poorly executed. It was not thought through. It takes twenty minutes for that concrete to concretise and solidify, and so you got these kids, in particular, truly just shrieking on a plank trying to get her little hand in the concrete without falling over. And it's just a debacle, like everything that the Browns stew. Nobody's organizing anything.
Speaker 2: This is just for show, and like Cody is getting frustrated, and I'm kind of understanding of that because I would get frustrated too, because you're out in the fucking Vegas heat and her moonscape, and of course the concrete's drying faster than they anticipated because it's fucking concrete.
Speaker 1: It's hands, and then Mary's gotta waddle over there and she's got to write the names down under twenty five people's hand print.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous, very much. So I'm just like, you could have done anything else he could have done, like plaster or something or like little paint we could paint on a little.
Speaker 1: Piece of paper, yeah, or like I'm to the side of your house or something like that. Yep, would have been fine.
Speaker 2: But whatever, classic chows. And then it's the day.
Speaker 1: Of you even know if they know what that means, because we really haven't explained it yet.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't get there, but it is right after this.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: I guess Cody's brother one of them past, Curtis, was it Curtis couldn't pronounce chaos.
Speaker 1: Well, they said he was homeschooled. Oh yeah, I forgot equals. He was dumb as hell everybody who's I'm not saying that, but I think that's what they were saying. Yeah, they said because he was homeschooled, he couldn't say chaos. He said chows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now that's what they all say.
Speaker 1: Brown family chouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely not saying homeschooled kids are dumb at all. I'm not saying that, but that's what they were saying.
Speaker 2: That's what they were implying. Yes, So then it's the day of the anticipated adoption party. We have everybody preparing for it, snory, we have everybody preparing for it, except for Cody and Robin.
Speaker 1: Basically they're fucking or something. I guess they're doing.
Speaker 2: I guess they're fucking, they're doing whatever. And of course the kids are just sitting in their rooms tw twiddling their thumbs and waiting to get ready and stuff because it's not until five pm.
Speaker 1: Well, they're preparing their gifts for Quody and for Mary. Yeah, because Cody's get in the rolex or something, an expensive watch, and Mary's getting a diamond necklace with very small diamonds to signify each of Robin's kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's sacrificed so we could get adobdd. But yeah, so everybody's preparing except for that part of the family. We have Mary and Janelle and Christine all cooking, making all of the food. Where's Cody nowhere to be found. We have the cake arriving, and it's cute.
Speaker 1: It's a cute cake.
Speaker 2: I don't want to shoot on the cake.
Speaker 1: Did a great job with the tree cake.
Speaker 2: Job, given the inspiration that they had to go off of with a tree cake. And we're setting up the tables with the purple tablecloths and the white plates and everything, and we go and see the little gifts that they have for everybody. And I'm wondering if anybody knows the brand of watch that Cody was obsessed with, because they blurted out on TV. But according to Aurora or whatever, it's a very it's a very fancy designer brand that he likes. And I want to know what it is, yeah, because I don't know if it didn't look like.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a I don't know watches, so look kind of cheap.
Speaker 2: But on the back of it they engraved daddy and the day of the adoption.
Speaker 1: Creep little. I don't want to say anything, but I read a lot of smutty romance books.
Speaker 2: What's the name daddy?
Speaker 1: A little bit? Yeah, a little bit, big Papa, big Papa, Daddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just creepy, creepy. And then we have the little necklace for Mary, and Aurora says that she wants to give the necklace to Mary because Mary getting the legal divorce was very important to her personally. She was very clear to say that, and I'm like, okay, weird manipulation, whatever, And then we hear from Mary on the couch, who again is talking about the legal divorce and how it was really hard on her, and how she was very surprised by the emotions that she felt with the legal divorce, and also she's got health issues.
Speaker 1: She seems to be taking every opportunity to really telegraph to the audience that she's got mixed feelings about what happened with the legal divorce and she's really been struggling. And again, and I know I say this every week, but this is because she's already engaging in an emotional affair with Sam slash Jackie I think was her name, Yeah, And so she's already checking out, and so she needs to come up with a viable story that she'll be able to offer to the audience to make it make sense. And so this is how she's doing it by saying, Look, I've had health issues and also like, I don't really know how I feel about having to divorce Cody. I feel bad.
Speaker 2: So you think she's doing all of this because she's planning to leave Cody, and so she's just setting it up. Yes, but ultimately it's going to blow up in her face, and then she's going to be super ashamed about it. Yes, Yeah, I could see it though, because it really is like every episode in this season, like.
Speaker 1: Why aren't you more happy? Like, if you really did this, if you really got the legal divorce so that we could adopt the kids, and that was all that was important to you, that's what you truly wanted, why wouldn't you be more happy? I mean also, though, to play Devil's advocate, if Cody really had told Mary, like, if you do this, we can reconnect in our relationship and I can start. Sorry, Padre, I forgot I was wearing a I can start doing stuff to you again, you know. So maybe she thought that that was gonna happen and then it didn't happen, and so maybe she's upset about that. But I personally believe that it has something to do with the catfish at this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right about it. And it's weird because she wants everybody to know that she does think about the kids with it, so she keeps bringing it back to that she'd said in this segment after her being surprised about her feelings about the divorce, She's like, I just have to go to my happy place, though, which is the kids. It's all about the kids, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, don't you mean your tub for real? I think your happy place is your tub a vibrator or something like what it's his ears, don't miss potry. Jeez, Sorry, I gotta stop wearing these types of shirts too, because we talk about the ranch. I forgot again. I please forgive me.
Speaker 2: You're going to hell because I'm sorry. And so that we're at the adoption party and everybody's in their Sunday best, everybody looks very dapper and pretty whatever. Cody gives some dumb speech. He says he wants to bless the kids according to their religion, and he wants to also spiritually seal them into the family. And so then he has him and a couple other of the male family members. Weird, well that's part of the I don't care, I know, but they have a couple of the male family.
Speaker 1: You know, Robin's freaky ass stepdad was there, hands on Dayton and all the Aurora and Brianna and like, why is that guy there?
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm like, why are we doing this religious blessing? If we know now from Christine's book that this was the time where you guys stopped caring about your religion. So now we're doing a spiritual ceiling, okay, whenever, So he seals them all out of the family for eu trinity or whatever, so the way they can all live on their planet together. After the blessing, Cody gives the kids their plaques and both Brianna and Aurora start crying about it. Aurora especially, it's so dramatic.
Speaker 1: Something about it enrages me. I don't know why, something about when she cries like that it makes me mad.
Speaker 2: It makes me mad too.
Speaker 1: I wonder what sort of an animalistic, primitive reaction that is to that sort of emotional instability.
Speaker 2: To me, it just feels really not genuine. But at the same time, I'm like, I know, she's a teenage girls, but I just it feels so weird. And to me, it's like Robin injecting that into her.
Speaker 1: I feel a little bit like she's doing it to gain favor from her mother, and also because Robin is maybe coaching them a little bit on the things that they're saying, and also like the emotion that they're showing. Yeah, there's just something very odd about it. And I could be totally wrong, and Aurora probably is just a delightful young woman, But like, oh, I just have a weird feeling about it.
Speaker 2: It just weirds me out in general. I just don't like it. So he gives them their blacks, and then the kids give their gifts. They give their gift to Cody first, which is his daddy watch, and then they give their gift to Mary, which is the little necklace with the teeny tiny microscopic diamonds flex flex of diamonds. And they have to explain it because Mary opens the box and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, a necklace, not a banana, but okay.
Speaker 2: And then we're always like, but that's supposed to represent the three of us because of.
Speaker 1: Your suffer and also the past and the present.
Speaker 2: And Mary is like super stoic.
Speaker 1: Very flat and very flat, does not care.
Speaker 2: It seems.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to just say, can I get out of here? I got someplace to be, honey, dude.
Speaker 2: If I was married, I'd be like, I'm pawning this. Yeah, let me see if I can get some money so I can visit.
Speaker 1: My mean at disney Land.
Speaker 2: Yes. And then, last, but certainly not least, we have Robin gifting Cody the infamous portrait of him and the three kids when they were little, dating with his thumbs up. What's up with that laugh?
Speaker 1: It's just like, kid's super weird, kind of strained.
Speaker 2: But Robin starts sobbing, and then that's when she says, I created a moment that didn't exist, but it does, know, And Chanelle's like that was cool as heck, and Mary's like, yeah, that was a very sweet gesture. But Christine doesn't say shit.
Speaker 1: She did not, And the reaction of the kids was kind of a little bit over the top, like Logan going, wow, that is really so awesome. I'm like, is it Isn't it strange? Though, I'm wondering how many of those older kids actually thought that was weird as fuck.
Speaker 2: I guarantee they all did. Yeah, I guarantee they all thought it was weird. I think that they probably got a talking to after their shitty reactions to Robin's first pregnancy, and so now they're just being very theatrical for Robin's sake. So I think it was all vake, because if I was one of those older kids, I'd be like, that's fucking weird as hell, dude.
Speaker 1: It's haunted straight up.
Speaker 2: That's so bizarre to me. I just nothing about it feels sweet to me in any sense, it's.
Speaker 1: Like you're retconning. You're rewriting the history of this family, and you didn't get the permission of the other wives or the children before you did, so I imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you're also rewriting Dayton, Aurora, and Brianna's past.
Speaker 1: They have a dad.
Speaker 2: They have a dad, a physical dad, And yeah, okay, if we're gonna make an argument like he couldn't take care of him for whatever reason, he's supportive of the fact that Cody adopted them, Okay, fine, but now you're having them be a little babies.
Speaker 1: It's so strange.
Speaker 2: Cody was supposed to be the dad all along. It's really weird. I just don't like it. And so then we end the episode with everybody doing cheers out on Christine's concrete slab and everybody's walking all over it, which I was like, oh, yikes, okay, and then we get to the preview for now next week's.
Speaker 1: Episode, which let's get into it.
Speaker 2: So we're taking a family vacation to Alaska, and this is where everything falls apart.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 2: We also have Robin and Cody before the Alaska trip doing a gender ultrasound they're going to announce to everybody on this trip the gender of the baby, but it's going to be overshadowed by Mary dropping the catfish bomb.
Speaker 1: Is she dropping the catfish bomb? Is she dropping that right now? Because I thought I remembered them, and obviously we're gonna watch it next week and we're gonna recap it. But I thought she was just telling them at the dinner that she didn't know how long she was going to be around, like she wasn't necessarily sure that she was going to be hanging out with the family or as involved with the family as she used to be. I didn't think she mentioned the catfish. I could be totally wrong. I probably am. But if she also mentions the fact that she's been catfit, it's gonna be a wild night.
Speaker 2: If I remember correctly, Yeah, she brings up both. If I remember correctly, she's talking about like the idea. I think she like frames it like I want to go back to school or something like that, and they're like, are you going to be leaving the family? And then they we talk about the catfish. But it's in a roundabout way because obviously it got leaked at the time because it wasn't like that. It wasn't like Mary announcing to the family and I'm seeing fam it was it got leaked in the tabloids.
Speaker 1: Oh what happened? It is about to get real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Mary's crying in the preview like they have no idea the kind of demon I summoned to this family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about to get so good. And then of course we've got season ten and eleven. Leon's going off, Yeah, talking about Mary's upset at their.
Speaker 2: Mama's get crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Well is there anything else that we should say to these beautiful raccoons before we get a bout attic here?
Speaker 2: Beatrice, Well, if you love our podcast, please go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us say glowing five star review really helps us square the pod so more people can join us in the dumpster, and we would really appreciate it, so thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We will be back next week to talk sister wives. Honey, this episode we're going to get into it. We're gonna have so much fun. Make sure to come back for that. Until then, please do not forget that we have nothing but love for you, and please, oh my bye. Guys,