Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 2: News, didn't need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Who come running just as fast.
Speaker 4: As we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show. Tom Martino here solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. All you have to do is give us a call at three three seven one three talk as We've been doing it for forty five years Longer elsewhere is the longer running radio show in the world with the same host still on the air. Yep, that's it. No one can lay claim to anything now. There have been shows on the air with different hosts. There have been different shows with the same hosts. There have been different radio stations, but never one show with the same host. Why do I mention that? Who gives a dam I just like to, you know, like to distinguish myself like I'm the number one president that ever lived, kind of like that. Wait, you're wrong, no what.
Speaker 7: According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the longest running radio show with the same host is the Folk Song Festival, hosted by Oscar Brand from Canada, which ran for seventy years and two a ninety one day.
Speaker 8: Oh wait, you're right, because you're still on the air.
Speaker 6: He's dead, right, right, Ran, That's what I said, still on the air. Yeah, yeah, you're right. I mean there have been all kinds of old efforts back in the day. How long was Paul Harvey on doing his thing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: God, he was great. I loved him. Would he would he be relevant today? Oh? He had the best back. The rest of the story was great. Yeah, Steve, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martine. Three OHO three seven to one three talk now. I think A seven one three eight two five five. That's the studio number and the iHeart number in Denver. We also have a universal number three H three Martino that you can call twenty four to seven and if you call it, we will answer that. And if we're not here, then you leave a message and we promise you to get back to you and get you on the show. She never have to hold Steve. What's happening? This was an issue with century Link. It was kind of frustrating, But February tenth, you called century Link to transfer a landline for your dad. He was going from Loveland to Westminster, to an assisted care or whatever. They turned off the Loveland but did not activate Westminster. Deputy D said he want Deputy D's not here right now, but he was going to work on it.
Speaker 4: Actually I worked on that, Tom.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you. Let me change that. Thank you, Sus. And then we talked about Sus. We talked about at the time a solution could be just a simple cell phone with big numbers and stuff that his dad could operate and forget the sentry link. Yeah, so tell me what happened.
Speaker 10: We just ended up reaching out to our angel yesterday and they got him handled within a couple hours.
Speaker 6: It was great, easy pasy.
Speaker 11: That's okay.
Speaker 6: So they actually moved Steve, the line was moved.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The biggest problem all along was having them show up where they were supposed to show up. They kept going back to the old address.
Speaker 6: I know, they kept going back to where it was turned off.
Speaker 11: Right, and that wasn't doing any good. So I think Sus finally got it straightened out and they showed up where they were supposed to.
Speaker 9: And when the.
Speaker 11: Tech got there, I had no doubt that he was going to take care of the problem, and he did in short order. And he just had to correct some wiring problems, and away we went. He called me after he was done, and my wife was over at the time. He called me after he was done, he says, he goes, boy, I don't really know what happened, but it sure got pretty exciting over here with all the phone calls. Man, so somebody put a fire ernath somebody, so they got it straighten Dow.
Speaker 6: Isn't that nice that in today's world, Steve? Isn't it nice you can reach out and actually get help? Still? Oh, and sus took that very personally. She's figuring, you know what, the poor guy just wants a phone. And I'm going to give the dinger to both you, for your dad and for sus. Hey, I'm listen, hey, so people who work together should not be married, Steve, he's upset I gave the dinger to his wife. She deserves it. In fact, she deserves it more for all the behind stuff. Oh my god, you wouldn't believe how many mistakes she finds in my in my life. Oh god, yeah, I bet this is a true story years ago. And thank you for calling years ago. And people are going to think I'm decing it and stupid. But this was years ago, years and years ago. It doesn't apply today. She found some missing money. It wasn't an count I never even knew I had half a million. It was like, no, two fifty two hundred and fifty thousand. How much was it?
Speaker 7: That's a couple hundred gets Yes, yes, it was under his vacuum.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, right anyway, Joel, Oh, excuse me not, Joel. Maggie now had a Volkswagen issue from yesterday. Who knows I used my dinger too much? I might, Well, it's not it's not bad. You know, you got to use it once in a while. So Maggie said, hey, I had a Volkswagen issue, and she said it was a It was on February seventeenth. She bought it a Tiguan from Emmic, and she discovered an oil leak. Now they say it'll take a few weeks to fix it. She says she's moving, and I said, well, I know that's terrible, but it really is, and it's going to delay you. And you can get a loaner, but you can't take it with you. So I said, the fact that you're moving is not a problem, but let's try. Let's try to see if they'll make some special, some special race for you, and I gave it to Deputy Chopper. What happened, Maggie, So Chopper.
Speaker 5: Pauled and spoke with Paul, the sales manager, and they took care of me and gave me a new vehicle.
Speaker 6: Wow, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were great, with twenty thousand miles less.
Speaker 6: On it than the car I bought. And Maggie, you better tell people about tell people about the Troubleshooter Show. I want everyone to tell people about the Troubleshooter Show so they can get help. Now. I don't mean to be a jerk here, but I'm going to be a jerk for a minute. Now. I want you to see, in just two minutes of the show or five minutes of the show, we solved two major problems. Do you know that on television? And I love these people. They're they're good young people. Steve Steve Sager or whatever he's on channel, he's a good guy. And the problem solvers on Fox thirty one, they're good people. I'm not trust me. The more we have, the merrier, But do you realize in TV they do one of those a week maybe or two a week and they do a big story on it on television and call it good. And you just heard in the first ten minutes of this show, two major problems solved, ding Ding Ding. Now again, I'm not throwing stones at anybody. I want these young people to come up and be strong. I want I want more consumer advocates than you can count, because when I started, there was no such thing on the news. Nothing. The only consumer advocate when I started was Betty Furness, and she did market basket reports, meaning she'd go to the market, the supermarket and tell you if your market basket was, if your basket was going to cost more or less. And then there was a guy who wasn't a consumer reporter, but he was a kick ass guy, and I kind of modeled myself behind him and the other and Betty Furness believer it, and that was Heraldo. And Heraldo was a lawyer who just decided he wanted to go into broadcasting. He was on WABC in New York and a local reporter there and one of the first reports of his not first first big ones, was a mental health facility that he blew the whistle on and the deplorable conditions people were living in So anyway, I just digress a little, right, because I'm an old fart Magan.
Speaker 7: Most people can't even imagine how bad that was when he walked in there. I think he stole the key or got a key from an employee. But I saw the old video of it, picture a big room with just people wandering around, basically in the dark, with feces everywhere. It was unlike anything I've ever seen. No, and we were living there at the time. You were living upstate New York at the time, right, I wasn't even I don't even think I was born at that time. I watched it later on because I was curious how he got started.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that, well that was what he had been there a lot earlier than that, but that was his first big story. So I worked with a lot of grace. I worked with Tony Geida, I worked with and and David Harrowitz was doing stuff, and so I got to know and talk to these guys. It was just wonder Not long ago or over nine to eleve no, Hannity and I. Hannity and I became friends. When I did my show on WABC in New York. He was doing a show and I was doing a show and they were both local and we both syndicated, and I remember Sean saying to me, and he was right, he really was. He says, Tom, you've got to give people Now. I don't know if he was right. He said years and years ago, Tom, you got to give yourself a little more pottle politics because everything consumer comes from politics, and you got to throw a political angle. And I said, but I think people want to relief from politics, don't they? And he says no, I really really think that they want to. They want they just want something to latch onto. And then of course, literally at WABC, people think I'm kidding. We had a studio none of us could use, and it was the Golden microphone and it was called EIB Excellent and Broadcasting, And actually that wasn't really the name of the company, but EIB was on his microphone. And so that company that was Rush's office in Rush would go from there to Florida and he would do a show. But he had come from California. He was just a POTONK radio person they put on the air and syndicated. And Edward J. McLaughlin, the president of ABC News, left ABC left it to form a company called EFM stands for Edward McLaughlin. He's formed the company around Rush Limbaugh and then started syndicating other people. One was doctor Dean Adele and the other one was me when they wanted to start. Then we had a falling out, but that's a long story. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. I remember meeting in New York with those guys, and let me tell you Rush Limbaugh on absolute professional, a cool guy and a smart guy. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Stick around, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, You're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. I want to mention we have Steve with us, Steve diamonds see and Lee Diamond Steve as Lisa and I love when fathers and sons work together. And they're at K ANDH Home Solutions, which started out Cage Windows, So the website's Cage Windows dot com, Kchwindows dot com. They also are introducing a new division and that's uh Andy over there with KH Painting Pros And I love this. Well, here's what I love. I love when a company with heritage brings on new products and services because then you still have the heritage, and then you have the reliability of the of that heritage. So you know, they've been around sixty five years. Of course, Steve wasn't born when it started, and I don't know his dad might have been a baby too, I don't know. But when it started sixty five years ago from Henry Zeligman, I believe it was. And Henry started that and his wife Kay there for the name K and H and then and then we it was sold to somebody that I know very well, and then it was sold to Lee and Steve. Yet is haven't you guys done?
Speaker 7: Painting forever though. When you guys do siding and stuff or what.
Speaker 12: Yeah, generally are siding.
Speaker 6: It and ted ted rowland once in a while, said the previous owner said. When they needed miss laneous painting, they would just sub it out, or the homeowner would find somebody. And now it's all in one. They can send Andy out there and his team to take care of it. Let me go to Joel. He has an issue with house painting, actually by coincidence, And then I'll ask you about the house painting part, Joel, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 6: Tom good Man? What's happening with you?
Speaker 13: So I'm kind of in a bind, and I don't never called the show before, but I'm getting some exterior paint done. I have a company called don't if I'm allowed to say it on the air, but it's around opening.
Speaker 6: You can mention, listen, you can mention anything you want as long as it's the truth or the truth in your opinion, without you making up stories and lying. So you are having an issue with a house painter.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he quoted me to start with the garage, and we got our tax returns. We're on a budget, but I have a North Denver house. I have a separate detached garage. It has yeah side.
Speaker 6: Well, what's the issue, bro, What what is the issue? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, he's been doing work since Monday and there was no prep work done. It got rained on after they sprayed a layer of paint Monday and there's a rainstorm at the end of the day. Some of the MDF sightings been warped. I pulled them off the job. I'm not happy with the work, the coding. It's a stray job, looks uneven, And upon talking to another paining company, he was saying, I wouldn't even be doing exterior paint this time of the year, not even until eight.
Speaker 14: Okay, when when did you?
Speaker 6: Here's what I want to know. How. First of all, how did you find the painter?
Speaker 13: He came up to my door and he dropped off a flyer on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's good thing. I'm doing solicitation. Let me tell you about the pool of solicitation. What I mean by this. The pool of solicitation doesn't mean everyone's a crook, but the out of a pool of companies that's solicit ninety percent of them are terrible. So I'm not saying that every single person that comes to your door is terrible. What I'm saying is you have more of a chance being ripped off by the pool of solicitation and that sweats just around. Instead of ninety percent being bad, sense is good and ten percent are bad when you do the proactivity. So these guys came to your door, you hired him, and they did a bad job. Is that it in a nutshell?
Speaker 13: They haven't finished. I pulled them off the job and told them to pick up their tools. And he's want Okay, what he quoted for materials?
Speaker 6: What did he quote hold on? What was the entire contract?
Speaker 13: Am? I didn't sign anything? It was verbal. He did send some invoices. Uh, it was wait a minute, the house mostly brick and then twenty five to do deciding.
Speaker 6: On the garage and painted twenty five what one hundred? Okay? So this painting contractor what you say? The name is.
Speaker 13: Are a U n o.
Speaker 6: Are Au? Oh? That so that's his name?
Speaker 13: I'm sorry?
Speaker 6: Are are you?
Speaker 13: Are you a n O's Roan?
Speaker 6: Whatever? Is that his name? Yeah?
Speaker 13: I believe it's his last first name is Byron.
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, here's what I want to ask. It was so bad you had to pull them off the job. But you have nothing to show, nothing at all on what it was supposed to cost or what he was going to do as far as process. I mean, all you have are some loose invoices. How much does he want? Right?
Speaker 13: Yeah? The total all said, and don once we've spoken men, he quoted, it would be four thousand dollars. That was a verbal agreement, and he's wanting two thousand dollars to pull off the job for materials and he said, He's like.
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you something. Do you have materials left over that you get to keep or is that for what he's done so far?
Speaker 13: I asked him, he has five gallons of paint left if he wanted to drop those off. But the siding is already on the house and it's been warped, and it's it already needs to be replaced.
Speaker 6: What what do you mean paint doesn't warp. What are you talking about.
Speaker 8: He said, siding? Did the guy put siding on the entire garage?
Speaker 13: He put the lower four panels of the NBA twelve inch siding around the perimeter of the garage. He said it was pretty primed, but he never primed it, they sprayed it with paint, and then it rained and now it's wavy all the way down the side of the house.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you got a guy that came to your door, you got nothing in writing, and then you had a bad job. So this is this is pretty typical. What I want to know is do you think that if you were expecting to pay four thousand, which by the way, might be artificially low. But if you were expecting to pay four and you've and he wants to would you be upside down? In other words, do you have to start from scratch and tear everything off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I spoke with another painter. He was saying it might cost fifteen hundred dollars just to fix what they did, aside from to finish them.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what I want to ask you. How'd you find the other painter.
Speaker 13: He did our interior when he bought the house. He's a friend who runs a company himself.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you've used him before and you like him, why didn't you use him this time around?
Speaker 13: I mean, we are on a budget and it seemed like a good cost. I haven't found somebody who is able to source the sighting that was on their originally and he said he had it.
Speaker 6: So okay, all right, hey listen, we all make mistakes, so so here here's your choice. Bro, It's very easy. You go after you don't pay him a dime. He's gonna put a lien on your house, or you're gonna fight it because the leen's gonna drop off. If this guy doesn't sound like he's going to go ahead and foreclose on, let's.
Speaker 7: Get his info too, and maybe we can reach out to him and try to get a better deal or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a better deal. Wait, it's not a better deal. The guy it's gonna talk. It's gonna take fifteen hundred to fix, get it. If what I'm saying is I'd like to hear his side of the story.
Speaker 7: But also if there is some materials, maybe some more siding something, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Let's see. He seems to that pretty good reparce. Well, that's certainly always a good idea to to let you know, to call, so give give Kelly the information that you have on him. Very good idea. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot Net Hull House water systems for the best price you'll ever find anywhere. That's right, Master Plumber's coming in and doing it for thirty one ninety five hull house chemical removals, Ever, you'll never have those chemicals again. And then drinking water and softening all for thirty one ninety five unbelievable waterpros dot net three oath and three oh three eight six two five fivey five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Hell you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hellout to Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five So andy, I'll bet you you get a lot of times when you can't beat a quote on painting, and the reason you can't is because you know what it takes to do it the right way. And I heard that ninety percent ninety percent is prep.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's that's right. You know, prep is the most important thing on a paint job. You know, in this scenario with the garage and Joel's project, you know, powerwashing to clean off any dirt debris that has embedded on the surface is going to be key.
Speaker 14: Outside of the fact that right.
Speaker 15: Now we're in a gray area in terms of weather temperature not necessary. During the day, Colorado sun's pretty hot, but at night we're dropping well below thirty two and we're working with water based products, so water freezes at thirty two. So if that's any indication, you know, we're kind of in a gray area.
Speaker 14: So most paint is formulated.
Speaker 15: To be applied at thirty five degrees, but we really like to see twenty four to thirty six hours above thirty five degrees for a proper cure.
Speaker 6: Okay, hey, Joel, did this guy paint when it was under thirty five at least at night? Joel? Is Joel there? Joel? Are you still there? Yeah? Joel?
Speaker 7: Yeah, did he paint when it was negative or not negative, but under thirty five?
Speaker 13: It was on Monday, so it was a sixty degree day. But by the end of the day the storm rolled in and and you know, instead of snowing, it actually rained on the fresh paint, and then you know it got cold overnight.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so you know, ethically, as a paint company, I would want to look at the forecasts and whether they saw snow or rain in the forecast. That's something where I would have, you know, hey, we're going to pull off for a day or two and revisit this when we have weather. That's appropriate because they may have painted it at we'll just say forty degrees, but that slows down the curing process of the product. So we'd really want to see it warmer than that. And then that rain basically washed away any results that you're.
Speaker 14: Going to get out of that product.
Speaker 6: Well, we know the guy doesn't want full payment.
Speaker 7: I'm curious what he did, but we're going to find out, Tom, because we've got this guy on the contractor buyro and go ahead. That's very nice, Hey, Byron, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go ahead, Tom. So, Byron, why do you feel that you should get two thousand dollars when another contractor said just to fix what you did wrong is going to cost fifteen hundred. Now we haven't seen the job. We're just going by what the homeowner, Joel is telling us. Go ahead, Byron, Okay.
Speaker 9: Okay, you know, because I change a lot of wool, I change a lot of sighting. You can go to see how much is the price on the siding. I'm ready to put the siding, and I'm ready to buy the paint. And you know, for all the job, I changed forty five and I asked Joe pay me two thousands because I'm ready changed the siding. I hunch a lot of sighting, and I buy siding, and I buy a lot of paint.
Speaker 6: But but but Byron, they said it was done wrong and they have to correct it. Do you not believe that?
Speaker 9: No, you can go to see Okay, I don't know what you know.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe we should have it checked out. Joel positive that yeah, what area?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can go check because I buy Where is it though?
Speaker 7: Is it like Lakewood or Parker or Castle Rock? Where is it?
Speaker 6: Where is it? Joel? Hey, we can have maybe Andy can run over to look at it. Well, not today, but when he gets a chance and give an opinion on it.
Speaker 7: If he's willing to do that, that'd be great the K and H painting guys or Steve the painter or someoney, but I would love that Andy, Would you be willing to do that for us?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, I think that would be a good middle ground to figure out what's going on and what the remedy is to fixate.
Speaker 6: So Andy, would i'd like you to specifically look at and this is K and H Painting Pros with Kgwindows dot Com. What I would like the painting pros to look at is if truly there is any value in the work done or will it have to be dismantled and redone because siding. But Byron, you deserve at least someone to look at it, because we don't know we're going about what Joel's saying, and we'd be happy to have somebody come over. And Joel, I think you'd be happy to have an independent look at it, wouldn't you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: And I told Barron, I just want it to be done right, you know, And Okay, I'm not trying to anything up, but you know, I just want done right.
Speaker 6: And what are what are your alternatives? Really? Right now? We have to just see what we can do now, Byron, how long have you been in business?
Speaker 13: I'm being told quit until April.
Speaker 9: I'm twenty years of ready, And okay, I don't have any problems with anybody. If you want, I can give you a reference. And everybody is coppied with my work. And if I okay, I don't judge forty five because you say that yap is bad, the yap is bob. When I change a lot of wool and I ask if she want me to finish up the yap, I can finish up wool. If no, she can, he said, I can pay you two thousand. Okay, pay me two thousands and I can go. Isn't not a problem if you want to come pay Byron.
Speaker 6: Byron, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna send an independent person over there to look at it. If you want to be there when we look at it, you can do that too. I mean, listen, this doesn't have to be This doesn't have to be adversarial or conflict.
Speaker 8: And the guys can just pretty solid.
Speaker 6: Coming on. We appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you something though, Byron, do you agree that the paints messed up because it rained or whatever? But but you're saying the siding and the other work you did was good, and that's why you want to twenty five hundred?
Speaker 6: Am I correct?
Speaker 9: I don't want to twenty five ice eight two thousands? That's fine, Yeah, I say two thousands. What is that?
Speaker 6: Why did I describe it? Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah? The wold and everything is good. And you know, I asked to join this morning. If something's happened with the rain the last day, I can put another color of paint. The house is not a problem for me. And he said, no, I don't want. I don't know. I don't know. You know you s easy?
Speaker 8: Hey, Andy, when do you think you could get out there for real?
Speaker 15: I can get out there as soon as tomorrow. I mean seeing it is believing it, right, Like we've got two sides to the story, and I'm a firm believer in just seeing.
Speaker 7: I love how this one's going. We're gonna find out tomorrow what's going on?
Speaker 6: Okay, good, this is great.
Speaker 9: Well I can go tomorrow to and you can see fee's my problem? You knows, you know if I think, you know, when I put anything and I expend a lot of money in the painting in the would I don't judge forty five. You know I chudged two thousand for my oh for my walk.
Speaker 6: We get it.
Speaker 7: We get it man, We're gonna check it out tomorrow. Hey, we really appreciate you coming on and we'll reach out to you.
Speaker 6: So hold tight. Okay, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three seven three eight two five five Joel, your issue with house painting we're going to take care of. So let's put that to bed right now. And then what we're going to do meaning is we're going to have an expert look at it and get the definitive answer. So well, THEEW remaining a few minutes, I'll just I'll just let Mark get pissed off from these texts I'm getting from the same old people. I get to say, it's only one I helped Mark. I no, no, actually I have three or four of them. One is Monty, the other is Cliff. I have another guy named Robert and Richard. Now, but there are various ones that did. I think they're literally just gaslighting. I don't think they even actually mean what they say. So it said, let me just give you the conglomerate. So once Mark heard that speech, how could he ever justify what Trump is doing? He was a blowhard, and the Democrats were right in protesting everything.
Speaker 7: See people like that, they're just they're fake. That's not even a real person.
Speaker 6: Tom. So you really think they're just doing that to get you picked, or to get us pissed, or to just you.
Speaker 7: Know, it doesn't irritate me. Even CNN said, hey, that was pretty good, you know. I mean, they can't stand Trump.
Speaker 6: So so here's what I don't understand about the whole speech thing. I don't understand how they could not cheer for the local heroes at least like the kid that want to get into West Point. That one girl that was injured with a brain injury. Now she's getting better, and she was trampled by a transgender guy. I mean, look, he did tread on some holy waters right that men are men and women are women. Okay, how democrats do not believe that. Democrats do not believe it. They believe you are that they don't want to be.
Speaker 7: That doesn't make any sense when it comes to like the guy that is going to West Point Now, it doesn't have anything.
Speaker 6: To do with that.
Speaker 7: That kid that had the traumatic brain injury and always wanted to be and.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't they wouldn't clap for that kid that became an honorary member.
Speaker 7: Well, what are you going to do with your service? Once your delusional? How do you get out of there? I don't know how you change your mind. I don't know how you become a real person after you go that that far. I don't know, Tom, I just I wish I did know, because the new mellow Mark would love to help these people.
Speaker 6: So if I really want to talk about well I'm serious now three oh three Marks. I want to talk about coming up inflation as well, because they say Trump is making it worse, not better, and they have stats to prove it. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you Who's Frank durand the real estate man dot com? To list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, Ritta.
Speaker 14: News needy so you.
Speaker 10: Don't have the.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martino, that's my name, Tom Martino. Here forty five years going strong, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. We have a guest in the studio today from Khemum Solutions. We can talk about some TEXTIM getting for them, and then we have other things going on. We're gonna go right to the phones. And this hour brought to you by renew Home Innovations for shower conversions second to none with sheet porcelain. They're so beautiful and they can do them in two or three days, and they have all kinds of financing options. I mean, you will never see anything more beautiful than shee porcelain with no absolutely you don't need any grountlines or anything, no maintenance. And then you can have the shower with perimeter drains and they customize them for you. Three oh three nine zero four two thousand. So Claudia says she needs help. This sounds pretty serious. Let's talk to Claudia. Hello, Claudia, thank you for calling us. I hope we can help. What's going on?
Speaker 10: We have a gentleman in our town who's paralyzed. I'm sorry, I have a cold, so please forgive me. He's paralyzed.
Speaker 16: Oh, it's okay me.
Speaker 10: He has an old, old, old piece of jug car that he uses with handicap, Jerry rigged handicap. The car is falling out.
Speaker 6: Now when you say in your town, when you say in your town, what are we talking about?
Speaker 10: Immer City?
Speaker 6: Okay? And how do you know him?
Speaker 10: Actually? I was contacted by one of the council members morning because I've done a lot of this stuff before, finding things for people. But I thought maybe you had an idea of which way I could go to see if there would be someone out there that would have a nice used van that he could get. He doesn't even have a ramp. He slides down a hunk of wood.
Speaker 6: No, wait a minute, he gets on and off sliding down a hunk of wood. And then he has his wheelchair.
Speaker 10: He carries plywood that he decides to get out and out of his car. He doesn't have a ramp for.
Speaker 6: That either, so he did and how does he get his wheelchair out?
Speaker 10: And then he just pulls it out with a rope? He's very very.
Speaker 6: So how old is this man?
Speaker 10: It's he doesn't have much of anything. So we're just trying to find the direction, and I thought maybe you could give me a.
Speaker 6: Direction, like what what tell me about him? Is the older young? And what does he do around town?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay? And how long? And basically he just needs basic transportation.
Speaker 10: That's all he needs is something to handicap that he can get in and out of.
Speaker 6: And why did a city council member call you did someone go to city council about it?
Speaker 10: No, I've been out here for one hundred years and I'm really good friends with some of the council people out here, and they know that a lot of this worked before in my lifetime.
Speaker 6: Sure. Yeah, a community activist, we call him. So you help people. But why did it get to their attention? How did they find out about this guy needing every morning?
Speaker 10: We have a donut shop here, I think you've seen it on the news. It's one of the onest donut shops. And he goes there every morning to visit with the guy. He's a council whoever is there and they go out and they help him get out of his car and then they help him get back in his car. But they don't know how he manages to get in and out of the car by herself, all the time by his house, with what he has to do.
Speaker 6: And is the is the van right now? Is it broken down?
Speaker 10: It's a car, It's an old car that's probably got some handbrakes and stuff that's been put in it a long time ago.
Speaker 6: So right now though it's still running, right, even though it's on its last leg.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's still running and so we're just starting to do some searching, and I listened to you all the time, and I thought, well, maybe.
Speaker 6: He could give me sure, sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 10: Now so I don't know where to go anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm wondering. I am wondering if maybe, like somebody has some kind of handicap accessible van or a van that he could use, or an old one that they would donate. That might happen. We never know. It could be old, it could be but he needs. Basically, what we're talking about is he needs a handy capped accessible van.
Speaker 10: Absolutely absolutely, And you know he's getting older at sixty five. You know, it's getting harder and harder. I would imagine on his arms and his upper torso to move himself around like that.
Speaker 6: You know, Now, how does he do? You know? How where does he live? In all of that? Do you have any idea about that?
Speaker 10: I have a big idea where he is at, And they're probably just some lower end apartments that we have because I don't think he has anything, but I can. I'm just in the middle of doing some research on all of that. But I thought maybe mister Marcino could give me some direction.
Speaker 6: Well, we're going to start let's let's at least start right now, that's what we do. Let's just start it. Let's start by looking for used accessible vans. They don't have to be fancy. They can be even hand cranked, because this guy would probably think that was a luxury. If he could just swing an arm out and raise and lower his wheelchair, he would think that was a So if we can find that, that would be wonderful. And then if we have to raise some money, we could try to do that. I want to just verify the story, of course, and all of that. So Kachina, could you get basic information from her? And then Bo if you could do me a favor and just start a cursory search of anything like vans or anything like that, just to see if we could help out.
Speaker 3: I've already started, and I was going to give a call over to Lincoln Auto Tech.
Speaker 6: They may have a source for something. Now why Lincoln Auto Tech, Well, is that the vocational school.
Speaker 3: It's a vacational school, and sometimes they will fix up cars for people and need. So I'm thinking, I wonder if his existing vehicle can be modified somehow, and Lincoln Auto Tech maybe an avenue to have that done. If the existing vehicle can be modified.
Speaker 6: What were you gonna say, Deputy d Claudia.
Speaker 17: Well, while they were talking, I looked up this website. It's called the Mobility the Mobility Resource, the Mobility Resource, and they list looks like at least five Colorado UH agencies and private parties or you know, private organizations that provide grants either in full or partial grants for people to acquire.
Speaker 6: But I wonder if that'll take forever. I mean, I don't know it.
Speaker 17: Might, but they have phone numbers for all of these locations, and so Claudia or someone else can just start calling to to get an overview of what the process will be. Like, Clodia, do you have something to write this with?
Speaker 6: Claudia, Yes, we also want you to call this place. We're gonna still help, but we want you to make some calls as well. Go ahead.
Speaker 17: The Mobility Yeah, it's called the Mobility rece the Mobility Resource dot com, the Mobility Resource dot com and right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, and they.
Speaker 17: List looks like at least six organizations here in Colorado that provide either full or partial funding for wheelchair adapted vans. Okay, so you may as well give it you may as well give them all a call just to see what the process is like.
Speaker 6: That's the good place to start.
Speaker 10: I will be working with the counselman Sean Ford from out.
Speaker 6: Here, Oh even better good, and then Deputy Bo who's in the studio will be contacting you. And what we'll do is we'll just sift through these and see if we can find somebody or maybe someone listening right now says, you know what, I know, So and so just passed away and his widow has a van, or we have a van that we used to have, or that we don't use anymore, whatever so that we used to use. So let's just see what we can do. But it all starts with this phone call, doesn't it. So you've done something, You've done something very kind to be involved. What else do you get involved in a commerce city? I find community activism very thankless. It's very thankless. Sometimes you try to right the wrongs and you try to make things right. What kind of things do you are challenged to you?
Speaker 10: Oh, well, I'm kind of semi retired, but I was. We had our own nonprofit housing corporation where we helped people get settled in houses and work. Do work on them to get to own them. We've done that. I work with one of I used to work with one of the companies called Feline Fix for low cost fan owns because people just don't have the money for that. That's very expensive. I ran a nonprofit non kill animal shelter.
Speaker 6: Now I wonder if any of my staff I'm asking my staff if any of them can read my mind as to why I'm grilling her right now for information? Why can anybody? Can anybody guess any ideas? All right?
Speaker 7: Come on, uh, let me take a stab at it.
Speaker 6: Another deputy. Yes, a deputy, A female deputy. Wait? Wait, a female? Well we making assumptions? No, A yeah, but it doesn't and it doesn't matter what you are. But you sound very capable. And again, I'm not going to put you on the spot, but put her on hold and just see if she'd like to help us from time to time, case by case. It would be wonderful. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Hey did we did we hoodwink that woman into being one of our deputies? Kachina? Did you talk to her off the air? I got her written? You know, somebody said Tom Trump had an amazing night. He is doing some amazing things for America. Is going to take some time, but he's being a man of his word. Costs have gone up, but we were left with a mess. Okay, people, this is and Montyan is gang. I call it the other guys and I don't even know if it might be Manty with different names right now, but basically there's even think it's a real person. Now Monty's a real person. He's called before. Oh but here's what I'm getting from. And I know here Mark, here's what pisses Mark off is And I know what he's talking about he and he does have a point. He says that I kind of exaggerate the other side, as if it's many, many, many people. I don't mean to give that impression at all. What I mean to say is there are other people that think these things, and for me, it's hard to believe. It's hard to believe that. I just got a text here that said, Tom, if someone declares themselves a female, there is no reason they should not be a female, period, and there is no reason why they should not compete with females period. Now, someone really just yes, even if they took even if they took hormones or decreased testosterone, their bonest Michael Brown I listened to today and he went through a lot. He talks about social constructs and actual you know, scientific constructs, right, I mean, and there's just nothing you can do about it, no matter how liberals bend and squeeze and flip and flop and get pissed off at God or everybody. There are two sections that are born. Now, once in a while, there are people that there are that are are kind of at birth, have some kind of a birth anomaly where they have parts of both. But I'm talking about for the main part in life. We have people born with genitalia, or we have people born well, we have people born with male and female genitalia, right, And if you want to be something else, that's where I don't care. I don't care. You can, and I don't care if you do. If you want to be a woman dressed, it's like a woman and be a woman. Honest to God, I don't care. It doesn't bother me one bit. I'll bet you I could have many friends who are transgender. I mean, I don't know if I do it. I don't think I do. But Dimitri, I no, no, you're not pretty enough. But in any case, I think that, Honest to God, I mean this, I don't care what they identify as. What I don't want them doing, though, is unfairly taking women's rights away. Like when my daughter worked her ass off to play volleyball and then this one dude decides he wants to play volleyball and then does it and wins everything. You know. They're at Boston College. There was a fencer. This is a true story because I know the team. He was the worst fencer, the worst fencer on the male team. The worst he was benched most of the time. They're a Division one fencing team. He went away, grewis hairlong, wore skirts back to school. He did nothing, He lopped off nothing, He did nothing except declared himself a female. That's all he did, and wore female clothes. And I think he reduced his testosterone. He may have done that because I think that was required. But he became a female fencer and kicked ass and became one of the best female fencers. Now, how could you look in the mirror and be proud of yourself? I mean true, is anyone truly you know? What I love is that these people will do these texts, but not one of you will call me and truly talk to me, because I would be respectful if you wanted to call and describe yourself.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 7: They're probably like that particular one. It's probably nonexistent. I mean, they're they're just bs. And I mean there's there's a phone, there's a phone number for them. What about this one?
Speaker 6: Hey, Tom, I'm so glad prices and groceries are coming down and uh not and uh look how much cheaper eggs are than when Biden w in office. Not ask Mark how that Trump economic plan is working out. I love what the market, and the market is now doing bad. So this guy is making the case that things aren't doing great under Trump. Wow, now it's kind of funny doing good. A man in a dress goes into a bathroom and your daughter is in it, do you care? Of course I do. I wasn't saying that. What I said was if someone wants to identify as a woman or a man, I don't care if they do. What I don't think they should do is trample on others' rights. That would be right of privacy. And no, I do not believe they should simply be able to use a woman's bathroom because they say they're a woman. Do you realize how many prisoners up till this time, up to this time, look at that that they would just when they're going into prison tell themselves, I mean, tell the warden that they identify or the judge as a woman. They have never once, never, once did anything. They never knitted a sweater, they never cooked a biscuit, they never baked, they never I'm just kidding by but no, they never did anything. They have a baby to affirm. Nope, they just said they were a woman. They get admitted to federal prison and rape women. Now, how can any Democrat, AOC or any of them, how can they ever, ever, ever, ever ever justify that? How can anyone justify that? And I just asked the fictitious manti who you believe doesn't exist? So you mean a guy can be born a woman, I mean, be born a man, decide he's a woman, and compete against your daughter who's worked their ass off their entire life. He says, absolutely not. I believe females at birth that has double X chromosome should compete only with double X chromosome females. I don't know what the hell that means. It's terrible that we have to take out a chemistry set when we're doing sports right now? Or how about this one, how about let's call it like it is. Let's have no genders or sex is in sports period. Everything is open to everybody. You know what that would happen? Snuff out female athletes all together? Because the worst what I was shocked about. And I don't know if this is true, but I was told one of the worst male on the tour, one of the worst male tennis players, can just beat the hell out of the Williams sisters. Is that true.
Speaker 7: It's actually a mediocre, mediocre, middle of the road college player. And it doesn't matter where from. And we're not talking one, we're talking the entire middle can beat either sister at any day, I mean any day, any game.
Speaker 18: Serena has stated the fact that she will never play a male because it is a completely different game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they both acknowledge that it's a completely different game. Same with golf. Golf is like absolutely insane. And then if you want to talk, imagine women playing in the NBA. How tall shack like seven something. I mean, there's no one near a size. There's no women that are that big.
Speaker 19: Well, let me say in mixed tennis there are a man and a woman against a man and a woman. And Serena and Venus have played with women, and if you watch any of those matches even today without them, it is still the women have a very rough time returning male serfs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it is a completely different game. See, and that's where it starts getting weird. Where this is where the left collides with reality.
Speaker 8: I probably with reality. That's really the problem.
Speaker 6: With and and and it happened with ideology as well. For example, the left was all about the rights of these radical Muslims. Remember Obama would never even use, never even use the term radical Muslim. That's right, or even if it, I mean not that it matters, because I don't want everyone who's Muslim to be to be, you know, obviously ostracized. I really don't. They're wonderful people. But what I'm talking about is this that they love these countries on the left and talk about their rights and all that, and like the squad. And what they don't understand is in that country they'll beat homosexuals to death for being homosexual. And you would never have a transgender person that would be open in that society, they would hang them. And also when it comes to mutilation a female genitalia, so they don't get pleasure. Now, how do they justify that? Yet they want to be aligned with them on one end, but on the other end they get they collide with reality. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, man, I am so tired of these texts. I think Mark is doing them. Actually, I decided I think Mark is doing these ultraliberal texts to me just to have me read them and get pissed off. That's what I'm thinking. I do have something about painting. I do have something about painting a house Andy. Somebody wants to know if you can't apply the paint except for ideal conditions, can you at least prep and will the house hold for a paint job after that? And I kind of know what they're thinking, But can you do the major prep like maybe on a on a slow time when you're not going to be applying paint, and then come back and do the application.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't see why not, you know, obviously in Colorado we have you know, dust with our wind and yeah, yeah, I guess the biggest thing would be if you're going to prep it and then come back and paint it a month two months from now, you'd want to probably repressure wash it.
Speaker 14: But you know, board replacement.
Speaker 15: Calking, joints, windows, that can all be done prior to. But yeah, you just want to make sure you're not putting a new coating on top.
Speaker 14: Of a layer of dirt or dust debris.
Speaker 6: Right right, So on that, On that note, let's just go over and by the way, we have open lines if you want to call three oh three seven to one three talk, which is seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six. Now, what is prep Let's talk about from beginning to end. What's the very first thing you do when you arrive. Let's say it's an older house, older paint and you want to prep it and give it a new paint job. What do you do?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, I think it would be identifying any areas that need to be addressed. You know, we'll see rotten board sometimes obviously if we're putting a new coating on that. It's only the coating is only as good as what it's going on, So that would want to be addressed first and foremost, and then beyond that, you know, if we have any loose, chipping, peeling paint, we'd like to address that, standing it, scraping it, and then spot priming those areas, and then from that point, you know, obviously pressure washing is vital to removing at an efficient rate any dirt, dust, debris that is on the house as well. And then yeah, moving on to the final product, which is the paint job.
Speaker 6: Now listen, when you do scrape, you literally hand scrape and make sure everything while that old crap is gone.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean when we when we talk scrape, we're not talking by hand a whole house.
Speaker 14: Powerwashing is going to do a majority of the work for you through.
Speaker 6: What about what about around windows and trim and all that. I wouldn't want just powerwashing and not hand scraping around those.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, those areas are the common areas that are addressed with hand scraping. But generally speaking, paint doesn't just peel and chip on a large scale. There's always a reason for it, whether it's a window sill where there was rain sitting and it kind of got behind that coating. That's where we see it most common around windows.
Speaker 6: And speaking of coatings, I do have this text. Everywhere I turn, I hear about coatings. They don't call it paint, they call it coatings. What's the difference? And I know what they mean, Andy, I've heard it too. There's a true to talk about coatings and they say this is different. This is ceramic, or this is this and this is not paint and this is not the same as your mother's paint job. So tell me about it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, I can't speak to why that's popular in the marketplace, but you know, I to me, painting and coatings are interchangeable. You're with paint, you're coating a surface, right, So I think in that regard, I look at it as interchangeable.
Speaker 6: So you're just covering something with a coating, whether it's paint or But I want to know is there a difference, Like there are people that are literally advertising better than paint and they're calling it a coating. Certainly you want to know about your competition, I mean, because people are going to ask about it.
Speaker 15: Right, So go ahead, Yeah, I mean, I've heard of companies that advertise a ceramic coding. Again, being in the industry for so long, I myself am not familiar with it. Okay, but you know, when we talk about coatings, there's powder coatings as well.
Speaker 14: You know, that's a totally different segment.
Speaker 6: You know, well, that's that's normally for metal stuff, right, But when we're talking about ceramic coatings, you know, like there's this one talking about it saying that it literally has beads of ceramics in it and it lays down a strong, strong finish that will last ten to twenty years. I mean, come on, what is the best coating that you know of or paint in Colorado and the longest it will last if you did the absolute best, even if it was on raw wood, whatever. What's the absolute best result you can you can get in Colorado for never doing it again or almost never doing it again.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, there's certainly a lot of variables that go into what makes it coating last.
Speaker 14: You know, if we're.
Speaker 6: Talking well, let's just say, if you had to do it from the ground up, what's the best result you can get for longevity?
Speaker 15: Do you think you know twelve ten to twelve years would be really good.
Speaker 14: Darker colors are going to.
Speaker 15: Fade, and no paint company warranties against fading. It's just something that it's there's no silver bullet per se on that. So in regards to fading, nothing is warranting. But peeling, chipping. It's paint isn't smart. So it's going to last forever or as long as the surface is prepped and we're putting it on a sound side.
Speaker 6: I see what you're saying, right right right. It doesn't say time to fail now, it's just if it adheres, it adheres correct.
Speaker 15: And really what we talked about earlier is that that prep is the biggest thing. So if we've got a you know, surface that hasn't been cleaned of debris, that paint is going on a dusty surface, you know in a year it's going to come off. So you know, ten to twelve years is really when you start to notice fade. And that's when we really look at repainting a house.
Speaker 6: Okay, three all three seven, one three eight, two five five, we have canation in the house. Compass Insurance Group will do you an insurance quote if you want one. But what they'd rather do is look at what you have to see if you have great coverage for a great price, and they'll be honest with you. Is called the free insurance Checkup three oh three nine nine six nine thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're trouble shooter three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have one other question here a couple others, and it is having to do with changing color on stucco. One of the benefits of stucco is that colors through and through. And I would hate to have to change the color on stucco because you're you're just basically putting paint over. Now you could restucco the thing with a new color. That would be one way to do it. But what about painting over a pre existing color for stucco?
Speaker 15: Have you done that, Andy, Yeah, absolutely, that's very possible. We see it a lot in this market. We do have, you know, a quite a few stucco homes. The biggest thing there is, you know, what is the stucco's condition.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 14: If we've got cracks.
Speaker 15: That are you know, too big, A paint isn't going to bridge those gaps, So we're gonna want to use an elast America. You know, Sherwin Williams has a couple of great products locks on XP for one, they're meant to expand and contract and bridge those gaps, whereas a standard exterior acrylic paint only has so much give and take with expansion. So the biggest key is using the appropriate product on a stucco surface.
Speaker 14: But very very possible. But you have done it.
Speaker 6: You have actually changed the color of stucco and it doesn't look like all patched up and it doesn't start shipping and.
Speaker 15: Peeling all the time, and we stucco's painted all the time here and again, prep is the biggest you prep stucco, pressure washing prep stucco. Yeah, pressure washing is is the key there. Obviously with stucco, you've got a lot of areas for dust and dirt to kind of hang out in, So making sure that those areas are clean before applying a product or a top code is the most important thing. And then patching any areas that you have issues with that are cracked or starting to kind of fall out. Because again, even using the best product, if you're putting it on something that's already failing, that is going to fail in time as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: Speaking of that, what are the best surfaces that hold paint? Seriously? I mean not that we have a choice, but if we're looking at a home, it would be good to know, hey, this can hold paint, just won't Like if you have old siding that's chalking, whether it be vinyl or aluminum, can you paint over that?
Speaker 7: Or how about brick because occasionally I'll see like white painted brick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: To me, it's all about what it's going on top of I'm a believer that anything can be painted.
Speaker 14: It's just about what you're putting in on.
Speaker 15: If you're putting a new coating on you know, aluminum siding that's chipping off and you're not taking off that cheap.
Speaker 6: It's cheaper to do new siding, right.
Speaker 15: I wouldn't necessarily say that, but it's just we need to be putting the new coding on a sound surface. So if it's chipping currently, we need to remove as much as we can that's chipping before we put a new product on top.
Speaker 14: And at that point, so it would be very confident.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so Steve, I mean you might go to houses though where they want to paint and it's cheaper for them, truly to do siding. You must find that.
Speaker 12: Right, I would say in general, like painting is cheaper, but you have to do it more off. Okay, you know so, I mean this is why we kind of started this division, because there's two options. If you have really old siding, it's forty years old and you're painting in every two three years wood siding, you know, it's probably a better investment to get it replaced. But if you don't have that, you know, twenty thirty forty grand, sometimes the do all new siding on your house the right way. You know, painting is a viable option.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure, I can see that it's all on the math. It really is. By the way. KH Home Solutions one of my original sponsors in Denver. In fact, they did work on my home. They did windows for me twice, two homes. They did a roof for me one time. They did some uh. They they've done a lot of work for me. Khwindows dot Com now known as KH home Solutions, but the website is khwindows dot com. Three oh three four two one seventy one hundred. Okay, get your calls in, folks. We're solving problems, answering questions, and taking complaints on any and all topics. All you have to do is give us a call three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Stick around for more on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 6: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped you need so you.
Speaker 9: Don't have.
Speaker 1: Come runs as a cam shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martino who I'm Tom Martino here to help you and we will take your calls on any and all issues and matters and problems and questions and complaints along with your texts. You know, I fail to give that number out enough, but the iHeart short code you just put Tom in there and you'll get through to me is five seven seven three nine. So that's the number you text and then you put Tom there and it'll be shuttled to me. It's for all the shows here, but it's five seven seven three nine. And then of course my direct texting, you can direct text me like directly on my cell phone right here, day or night. And I mean that sincerely seven four seven nine nine nine fifty eighty. That's a Google number that I've put there and the reason I do that so I can turn it off if I ever have to. And I haven't had to, and I answer texts quite regularly. So that is seven four, seven nine eighty, So welcome to the show. We have K and H Home Solutions with us today and we're talking specifically about painting. We're also talking about the exterior of your house in any way you want to talk about it. We've also had some interesting calls today. We're looking for a handicap van. I don't know what the term is, but it's handicapped accessible. It's a van that can take a wheelchair, maybe a little hand lift or of hoist. This guy's not looking for anything famous right now. He has a car and he throws his wheelchair in the back of the car and uses plywood to slide down. He's paraplegic, he's paralyzed the from the waist down and he uses this car and it's breaking down. And this one community activist from Commerce City called and said, we want to help this guy. So she's trying to find him a van to help him out. If you can find one for low cost or no cost or whatever. Hey, Tom, I do have I do have an update on that. We did have a call. Okay, what do you have who called.
Speaker 19: In and is sending us his information. Unfortunately, his grandfather passed away and his grandmother wants to sell an accessible you know, a handicapped accessible van, and so I've put them in contact with each other.
Speaker 6: Wow, I wonder it was. Did it sound like new and expensive or what? How did it sound it's five years old? What's that? It's five years old? Oh? Okay, yeah, that's pretty new. So we'll see that. And those are pretty expensive, you know, but maybe who knows, maybe somebody will do a kindness and try to get this guy helped out. So we also had a call about a painting contractor, and again K and H Home Solutions with us. We have our K and H painting pros with us, and this guy was upset with Byron, this painter who gave him a verbal quote for some painting and it included replacing a few boards of siding. And then Joel the consumer said, I was concerned after a while he was doing a bad job and he was putting it on in bad weather, and I just think that I just stopped him because I didn't believe in it. So when he stopped him, he said, the guy wants two grand to walk away. He said, look, I worked and I'm willing to finish. But if you want me to walk, I should at least get paid for what I did. And Joel said, why should you get paid for what you did? Because I'm going to have to correct it and it's going to cost me more than originally because of your mistakes. So to put an end to this, we asked Andy over at K and H Painting Pros to go look at it tomorrow, right, Is that when you're going to look at it? Andy?
Speaker 14: Yes, sure, yep, yeah.
Speaker 6: You know what is the most what is the I want you to predict something. What's the number one problem you find when you go check out jobs that people are unhappy with? What's the number one thing you find?
Speaker 15: Uh, generally it would be a lack of prep. Another portion of the time we'll see application, whether it was sprayed or if we've got a uniform finished with the spray. Those are the two main ones. Prep and then spray application.
Speaker 7: How about quality. I'm sure you guys use good quality pay, but I'm curious. You can go to like Sherwin Williams and they might have three different kinds of pain. You know, one is ten, one's twenty one's thirty. Then, like I think Tom mentioned last Hour, a different hour, You've got these things like Rhino, which could be fifty dollars a gallon.
Speaker 6: I mean, is the quality that big of a deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I think, like anything, there's levels to it, right. But Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, they don't make bad products. So even if budget is a concern and we're getting a cheaper gallon of paint, it's not going to fall off in sheets, right. But again we go back to that prep being the most important part. If you are getting a cheaper gallon of paint, we need to have proper prep for it to even last. But with a more expensive product, you're getting better color and gloss retention long term, which those are the important things of what you're looking for.
Speaker 6: And what's your favorite if you could, like, what would you paint your house with? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, so I like Emerald and Duration with Sherwin Williams. Those are their two top of the line products. I think, you know, they give the best color retention here in the Rocky Mountains sun. I just think their coverage is really good too. They're easy to apply in terms of spraying.
Speaker 7: Is there any paint that claims like, you don't need any kind of undercoat any on a primer? Is that all bs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I mean I always recommend two codes, regardless of what a can says.
Speaker 14: Some can say, so is it.
Speaker 6: Called a primer? Is it called a primer? When you do two coats, do you literally put a primer or just two coats of the same paint?
Speaker 14: Yeah, so primer and paint.
Speaker 15: You know, some cans will say paint and primer, and one primer.
Speaker 14: Is used on a as needs basis.
Speaker 15: So if we're down to bear wood, for instance, or in a house that was smoked in where we've got some nicotine staining, those are scenarios where you'd actually want to use it a primer to block out either odors or discoloration from coming through, because paint isn't going to do that. And then once that primer is on there, you can top coate it with whatever whatever product.
Speaker 14: You want to go with, So that would be the need there. On top of that.
Speaker 15: In this market, a lot of paint companies will do a prime coat in their first coat with just the top coat and then a second top coat for their durability's sake and covered sake.
Speaker 6: Do you guys do interior as well.
Speaker 14: Correct, yep, interior exterior repaints.
Speaker 7: Yes, so we've had, of course our house touched up in some rooms painted. I was told by another painter the hardest thing, not that it was hard, but it's the biggest pain in the butts is ceiling?
Speaker 6: Is that true?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's the fifth wall. It's the one that we all forget about.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I would say generally it's it's not as important as a wall because you know, you're not touching it, you're not washing.
Speaker 6: It, spilling stuff on it exactly.
Speaker 14: So that's generally where we can.
Speaker 15: You know, if budget is a concern, it doesn't need to be repainted. But there are cheap alternatives to painting a ceiling that don't need to be as durable as say your walls, hard trim.
Speaker 6: That's K and H Home Solutions with K and H Painter Pros. And listen, Mark, the sex are blown up about you. I don't know why they love pissing you off. And I swear to God these are real. Do you think Mark, it's weird that Trump pandered to the cancer kid? Now what are they talking about? Pander to the cancer kid? There's the one he made an honorary seat.
Speaker 7: There's this kid that's had thirteen if I recall, it's thirteen or fifteen different brain surgeries. I mean that's brain cancer, and that creates all kinds of problems. In fact, interestingly enough, I watch an interview on him or with him this morning, some of these because they're dealing with the human brain. When you have some of these done and they're done with that particular operation, your entire life can be different. When you wake up, like he's in a different mood, he feels a different way. It's really crazy listening to it. But I guess when you're messing with the human brain and say you cut a tumor out or something, you could literally wake up and feel different about what kind of food you like. I mean, it's really nuh but he's gone through thirteen.
Speaker 6: Now I want to tell you, yeah, okay, so keep going. I'm sorry, and I'll tell you this. No, it's all right.
Speaker 7: So but what's nuts about it is, as we know, none of the Democrats would stand In fact, Trump actually said he could cure some huge disease and these guys wouldn't even stand up. If it's saving an entire continent and I agree with that. I don't think he was pandering at all. This kid what he likes doing. I think he's fifteen now. He has been all over the country local police stations like anywhere. I'm using Castle Rock as an example. But he has gotten badges or honorary jobs with these police stations all across the country. And Trump had him in because his dad kind of pushed for it and had him in to become an honorary I think it was CIA.
Speaker 6: Was it CIA?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: No, secret service, secret service.
Speaker 7: And then the guy that just got confirmed came down and gave him a badge and the kid was happy. And my god, this kid has nothing. This is going to be the biggest thing in this kid's life. So anybody out there that wants to make fun of them or anything else, you're just a moron.
Speaker 6: I mean, what else can I tell you? Now here's what I know.
Speaker 2: I didn't read.
Speaker 6: I didn't read the rest of the text, though, Mark, do you think it's where that Trump pandered to the cancer kid? But they cut one billion dollars from cancer research? Now, I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, one billion from cancer research where on the moon.
Speaker 6: I mean, some of the things they had in money could be anything.
Speaker 7: It was probably, like knowing the Dems and the Lefties, it was probably cancer research on lab rats in Afghanistan that are between the ages of three weeks and four weeks.
Speaker 6: Good, good point. Hey, Tom, I once played on a softball co ed team. Was pretty fun. Why don't people just do co ed sports then have other sports? In other words, why don't we just have a co ed a competition along with regular male and female sports YEFL, NFL. Come on, that's dumb.
Speaker 8: Well no, what I mean is basketball?
Speaker 6: Have co ed co ed basketball?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 6: Wouldn't you just passed to the tallest person the man? What can we have? How about just transports? Would that work? I think they tried that, But there's only four of them. Well, there's so many, Dragon, what's the percentage? Dragon? Actually? Research?
Speaker 5: I love?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Dragon? How many of you are there? No? No, Dragon, you did some research?
Speaker 18: Go ahead, I'm sorry, I say, trying to figure out where this one billion from a cancer research was coming from. For it just looks like the NIH Trump is cutting across the board NIH funding, which just so happens to coincide with one billion in cancer research funding.
Speaker 14: So that's what that came. I'm sorry, what was the other question?
Speaker 6: You're gonna lost the percentage of.
Speaker 14: Transit people? I think it's like zero point one percent.
Speaker 6: Point zero one point one, like.
Speaker 18: One ten zero point one or a point zero one. Excuse me, it's one of those two I cannot recall off the top of my head right now. But it's it's it's under a full percent.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I know it's under full percent. Okay, what if I ask my boyfriend, do you think AI will be accurate in this or will they.
Speaker 8: Do it with the first of all, let's define it. What does that mean?
Speaker 6: So if someone.
Speaker 18: Could have done the transition already or these are the people that are just saying, yes, I'm a woman when they are by a log.
Speaker 7: But I'm going I don't know, does that mean they lopped it off? I mean, what are we talking here? Is it gone or is it still?
Speaker 6: How about this, I'm going to ask, what is the percentage of population that identifies as a transgender?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 7: Geez, one identifies people can identify as a goat today.
Speaker 6: In a horse. I'm just asking my boyfriend. Okay, here's what they tell me people of fifteen fifteen percent. I'm just kidding, by the way, honest to god, I'm just kidding, just though. No, Actually, here's what it says. The percentage of the population that identifies as transgender by country and study methodology. In the United States, estimates suggest around point five percent identify as transgender, according to the data from the Institute at UCLA and the CDC. Globally, estimates range from point one to under one point one depending on the region. Yeah, well, in some areas, if you identify as a transgender you're gonna be hung by your toes and whipped and killed. So there's no way.
Speaker 7: Well, and plus we I don't know, how is that full reassignment surgery or what are we talking about?
Speaker 6: No, I just asked about I just asked about identifies. I mean, actually, that's all. I don't really know, see the whole argument, Mark, And this is what I think that we miss. The thing that really bothers me is that in America you don't have to do any any kind of medical procedure if you simply identify as a female and you're in school, they have to show they well I don't know now what happens, but they had to recognize you as a female. Period. That's what they You know, I filled out a mortgage application just the other day. It's long story. It's for vesteria. It's not for me. But I'm doing those FISA things, right, yeah. Yeah, And do you know that they asked they asked on that mortgage application your gender, and they asked, yeah, but that's all they had about They had about.
Speaker 20: Fourteen or rather not say, rather not say that's unbelievable, fourteen this is crazy, it's or rather not say.
Speaker 6: You know, it's first of all, here's something I do want to know.
Speaker 7: And I mean, don't you see though, that there's so few people like that that think that way. I think we get caught up in the that real lefty libtard news and we think, like all these people think that way, and they don't. I mean we're talking so few people really believe that women should or men should be playing in women's sports. I think the last real poll I would believe was like over eighty percent of the country and that includes not just Republicans but Democrats and in the middle and everybody eighty percent thinks it's bs.
Speaker 6: Mark. Here's what I want to know really and truly when they talk about this, who enforces it enforces? What part like like if you're telling the truth? And what does it matter? Why do we even have And I'm going to ask you this and I mean this, and I don't mean to be like what we live or or progressive. Why do we even care? Why does there even have to be a gender or sex question on any application?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 6: Why? I don't see.
Speaker 7: Well, the first the first person I would ask that would be the federal government. And that's the only person that I know that it would.
Speaker 6: Make There's no reason.
Speaker 2: Why do we care who's.
Speaker 6: Applying for a loan, whether it's a male or female. I don't even get it. It has nothing to do with the loan, probably just idasification.
Speaker 7: Come how come our license has that? How come our passports have that?
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe for the passports it's for identification and for a license, I don't know. But what do we care for a loan? What do we care for anything? Why? You know, from medical stuff? I would see that. You know, they want to know what you are, so they know you know, I mean they Anyway, we got to take a break on Tom Martino. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of We want to hear from you, as simple as that. Three oh three Martino, don't forget people help at troubleshooter dot com. Yeah, we talk about all kinds of things, and I hope you don't get your feelings hurt listening, but sometimes that happens. But honestly, what we do better than anybody else in the world is go after the bad guys. You got a bad contractor you got a bad anything, we want to hear about it. Three zero three seven one three a two five five. Right now, I do have a couple of lines open. I want to hear from you. Any comments you have three oh three seven one three A two five five Tiffany, what is going on?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I hope you have some time because, uh, yeah, it's just been it's been a whirl whin. I got into the kind of fell into, didn't really seek out becoming a landlord.
Speaker 6: Well, how did that happen? Real quick? Did you inherit a house or what happened?
Speaker 5: So my husband passed away. We owned two properties in Brekenridge, Colorado, Okay, and he passed away.
Speaker 8: We did like, how long ago?
Speaker 5: Sis we have ago?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I moved out of my home. Just couldn't go back, you know, So decided to long term my home and I moved to Evergreen, and uh, just to kind of get away and be closer to family for support and everything. And so I rented my home and got a couple of bad eggs in there. In September.
Speaker 8: You said you had a couple properties.
Speaker 6: What was the other property we owned?
Speaker 5: So we owned a town home that my husband and I just kind of rented to a local that needed you know, he was in there for four years.
Speaker 6: And what was the other one?
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 7: Oh, I thought you said you had two properties, So that's not correct.
Speaker 5: Right right now, I have to properties.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you were running that town home out in Breckenridge to a couple bad tenants.
Speaker 5: No, sorry, So I had good tenants in there. Why my husband was alive? I when he passed away, I moved out of my home. Yeah, and decided to long term my home. And so my home, not the town home. I had a couple of bat ages move in and they have just taken me you know, well.
Speaker 6: Give me an idea.
Speaker 7: What's going Let's not go down that road right now. What's going on right now? Like are they still in the house?
Speaker 5: Yes, they well they are not. So I was notified on December twenty seventh. They kind of just had texted me a bunch of photos of my home and you know, seeing that they that they had found black mold in my home, and okay, I was concerned because it is my home.
Speaker 7: So hold on, Tiffany, I once again, I want you to go here. Then I'm going to ask questions. On November twenty seventh, they called you up, they texted you picture black mold. But let's fast forward to March fifth today, So what's happening right now? Are they still in the house.
Speaker 5: They're out of the house.
Speaker 7: Okay, when did you get them out and how did you get them out? Did you go through an eviction or they just left?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, I went through an eviction.
Speaker 6: Did the sheriff come or what happened?
Speaker 5: I hired a like an attorney that handled that kind of stuff.
Speaker 8: Okay, so they're they're out. How bad is the house?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 8: How much damage? Because I assume that's where this is going.
Speaker 5: Kind of about twelve thousand dollars worth is what my contractor estimated?
Speaker 7: And then what is the damage? Does that have anything to do with mold or what is it?
Speaker 5: No, it's just mostly well they you know, just things that they had broken in the house, like a window. They were having an open fire. Okay, the glass broke on the fireplace. They just you know, there was open fire. They destroyed the carpet with.
Speaker 6: The Yeah, I get you.
Speaker 7: They were just they were Yeah, they were horrible people. So so where does it stand right now? They owe you twelve.
Speaker 5: K No, so that's not the issue.
Speaker 6: That's fine.
Speaker 5: What is it they uh decide? I think they were scared because they wanted to get out of the lease. They were breaking the lease, and they had they had added into my lease that they would pay me three months worth of rent if they broke the lease. So I think they were trying to find something to get out, which was the black mold, which was not which you know. So they basically had an environmentalists coming on the twentieth to test it, a legit company out of Silvers on Colorado.
Speaker 6: And what did they find out.
Speaker 5: They didn't find that it was black mold. They thought it was, you know, non concerning to their health.
Speaker 7: But they Hey, Tiffany, I really what I really want you to do, though, is just focus on this question real quick, like what are you trying to do right now? You're not trying to get twelve thousand, What are you trying to get one hundred thousand? What are you trying to do?
Speaker 5: They're taking they're taking me to court, okay.
Speaker 6: And why are they taking you to court?
Speaker 5: Because they are saying my home was inhibitable because of the mold that was found. Okay, it was affecting their health. And so now they are trying to sue me up to fifty thousand maybe more for.
Speaker 7: What do you say they're taking you to court? So did they hire an attorney? And what are they asking for this very second? Are they saying, hey, we want fifty thousand to make this go away?
Speaker 6: Or what are they saying.
Speaker 5: About a month ago they wanted their attorney came and wanted twenty five thousand.
Speaker 6: So it's a shake. What you're assuming is it's a shakedown?
Speaker 8: I mean, yes, okay, well hold on, hold.
Speaker 7: On, Tiffany, this part's really important. And I'm sorry, dragon, did I take the thirty breaker?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: Listen, I got to take a break, but I want you to focus on this question. I'm also going to get an attorney on. In fact, let's get a personal injury attorney, either John Fuller or Marco Bendinelli. But Tiffany, is there actually a court date or are you just basically negotiating with an attorney right now?
Speaker 6: Do you know the answer to that question?
Speaker 9: Sort of?
Speaker 5: If we can get to that, we need to come back.
Speaker 7: All right, hold on, hold on, You got me intrigued on this, but let's get John Fuller. To me, this sounds like a total shakedown. I mean, if they're only asking for twenty five grand, I'll be honest with you. You can't get through discovery in a case like this for less than one hundred thousand bucks. So I mean, in fact, I don't even think you'd get through discovery for one hundred and fifty thousand both sides seventy five to one hundred each all in So when they're asking for twenty five grand, I think it's a pure shakedown.
Speaker 6: Everybody holds tight. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only cus Burg when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five You've been ripped off? Have any questions we want to hear from you? Hey, this one's really curious. We're talking to Tiffany, and I'm just trying to catch John Fuller up. He's listening real quick, and I'm gonna I'm gonna bring them both up with John. Basically, what's going on here is Tiffany had some tenants living in her house in Breckenridge, and these tenants started in November, around November twenty seventh. And by the way, Tiffany, when it came to November twenty seventh, and they actually sent you the pictures of mold, how long were they there December or December?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 5: They moved in in September and then sent me pictures December twenty seventh, so.
Speaker 7: They were there a couple months. John and basically sent her pictures saying there's mold. She actually had a company out or they hired a company to come out check the mold, and basically it wasn't toxic. Did they find mold at all, Tiffany, They did.
Speaker 5: It was in the laundry room from a previous got was.
Speaker 7: Sick and they were testing to see if it was airborne, if there were spores. What were they testing for And they came back and said negative.
Speaker 5: Yes, they were testing for black mold and to see if it was hazardous to help and it tested negative on all.
Speaker 7: Okay, So then John, here's where we're here's where we're going with this. You fast forward to when did they actually leave the premise?
Speaker 5: January seventeen, So they.
Speaker 7: Moved out on the seventeenth. Did they pay rent up until then?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: So I mean, did they pay rent at all?
Speaker 5: They didn't pay rent for January.
Speaker 7: First, okay, but they paid rent up till there they paid three months.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 7: So they hired an attorney, John, and she's basically getting what I think are just demand letters from this attorney saying, hey, you had an unsafe condition in the house, and how much are they asking for?
Speaker 5: Tiffany, They wanted to settle about a month ago for twenty five dollars.
Speaker 7: So they wanted They basically said, I think it's a shakedown letter. But I wanted your opinion on this. I mean, but they haven't you have no court date, right, they.
Speaker 5: Did file, and I haven't been They have a process over oute, you know, trying to find me or whatever. But I'm in the process of hiring a real estate litigator because it's already been like they've already filed against me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, go ahead, John, please jump in the.
Speaker 16: Contacted your insurance company. Yes, what are they telling you?
Speaker 6: Oh, don't tell me you had the wrong policy?
Speaker 5: I mean possibly, I have travelers and they, you know, said, because they're going out on Friday, you file the clan, I file the queen.
Speaker 16: You about this?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Now what I John? Here's what hold on both of you real quick, Here's what I'm afraid of. Did you ever get Do they know you had renders in there? Did they know you were renting it out? Was it a renter's policy or a primary owner's policy?
Speaker 14: The policy?
Speaker 8: Okay, keep going now, John, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Have you turned the claim over to them? Have you opened a claim and said these people are saying that they were you know they they were, you know, subjected to this toxic mold. Do they know anything about this lawsuit?
Speaker 5: The adjuster is going out or sorry, the Queen's person to go check check everything out on Friday. But when I had brought that up, they said that they don't really deal with things like that as far as like and having an attorney on their side represent me.
Speaker 16: I think we're speaking different.
Speaker 13: Langue is here.
Speaker 6: I do too.
Speaker 16: You are being sued by these people, and that means you have a claim against your insurance company and they should defend you in the lawsuit. They should, They should provide you an attorney, They should defend the lawsuit. They should follow an answer, They should do everything. Okay, I'm complaining that you may have opened a claim saying I think I have mold and I need to have you guys come out and look. But they don't understand that there's been a suit floud against you for a dangerous condition in your home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tiffany answer that directly to actually defend you. Tiffany answer that. I mean, what have you shared? That's a great point.
Speaker 5: John, Yeah, I don't. I you know, just with the claims adjuster, I did share that. But you know there was an environmentalist company that went out and tested the mold. It's not black mold, it's not hazard.
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, John, John, I know you're busy.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 7: I'm hoping you can stay. I can have Kelly callback, but hell, you fill in for me. You see what time it is. This is important though. Hopefully you can hang tight or we can call you back after the break. John, you tell me what you want to do. Tell Kelly. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, I want to go back to John Fuller real quick. Hey, John, listen, I'm gonna bring Tiffany up. Tiffany, you keep you keep holding though for a second, John, I think what you're saying is she only It sounds like she only turned the claim in for the actual more damage or whatever they had to do to take care of that problem, not the fact that she's getting sued.
Speaker 6: That's where you were going, right, Yeah.
Speaker 16: That's what it sounds like to me, Mark. And the more critical issue is that this insurance company has a right to defend that lawsuit, and in fact, if you don't turn it over to them, you can risk not having any coverage for that, And so it's imperative that she call and open a claim and say, I am being sued about this property, and you guys are my insurance company, and you'll turn it over to them. They'll provide an attorney for her. She doesn't need to go out and hire a real estate litigator or anything like that. She just needs to get her insurance company on board. And I'm aware the claim sudjuster that's dealing with presence or lack of mold really doesn't get involved at all with a with an adverse you know. Yeah, of course lawsuit type environment. So I think she just needs to call the insurance company and literally open a claim and based upon their claim. Now on the marriage, I think she's gonna be fine. These people have the duty of proving that they've suffered damages. Yeah, that's a very difficult claim to make, and they're going to have to have doctors and talks results for themselves.
Speaker 6: John, real quick, how about that?
Speaker 7: I agree on the merit of it, But how real quick do you think she actually has coverage if she just had it as uh, you know, her home and not a rental property.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's not the best thing in the world to have a circumstance. It wasn't disclosed to your insurance company. These things inherently come down to a hard analysis of the policy.
Speaker 7: I got you, John, I'm sorry, we're at a hard break. I thank you.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yea ripped of news who you don't have?
Speaker 6: Come?
Speaker 1: Run anxious as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the only show of his camera here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Yeah, we talk a little politics, we have a little fun, but really our goal in life is to help you if you have a problem. Right now, I do have some lines open. We're gonna go back to Tiffany in a second. I'm gonna recap that I've got so many questions for our insurance expert, Suzanne is on an airplane.
Speaker 14: It sounds like, yeah, I'm reaching out to somebody.
Speaker 7: All right, we're going to try to get that handled. But it's crazy. I want to tell everybody out there though. This hour is brought to you by eight eight eight Heating dot Com.
Speaker 6: These guys are unbelievable.
Speaker 7: You've heard me talk about Garrett for probably fifteen years.
Speaker 6: Now. If here's the bottom line.
Speaker 7: You need an honest company to come out and diagnose and fix a problem with a furnace or your ac, you call up eight eight eight Heating dot Com.
Speaker 6: I mean simple as that.
Speaker 7: If you want a new system, you call up adad eight heating dot Com. If you want all the options, you call up eight eight eight Heating dot Com. And I'll leave it at that. I've personally used them. They're great people. Now Tiffany has got an issue, and she's got.
Speaker 6: A couple issues.
Speaker 7: One she had tenants in her house that claimed that there was mold, and they're basically claiming their health deteriorated after they live there. They're out of the house now, but apparently they're trying to have you serve now for what twenty five thousand dollars fifty thousand or whatever they're going to claim.
Speaker 6: You haven't seen the lawsuit yet, right.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen the lawsuit, but.
Speaker 8: It's probably going to be way more than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. They basically said they tried to settle for twenty five thousand. When I denied that, yep, they said it was going to be double, if not more than that. So they're thinking anywhere from fifty to seventy thousand dollars is what they're trying to see me for.
Speaker 6: There's two things here.
Speaker 7: One as soon as you get served, because I don't know if this attorney in fact, do you have some of the demand letters? Yes, you do have some of the demand letters. I'm almost curious if you shouldn't. Honestly, I would probably call my insurance company up and saying these guys are threatening to sue me and apparently they're you know, on the way. In other words, they're trying to serve me right now, and I'd let them get involved at this point, I really would. Yeah, I think you have to. I mean, I think you're trying to shake you down, and it's horrible. But what I'm really afraid of, Tiffany is when you and your husband moved there, and I realize your husband died a year and a half go, eighteen months ago, you guys lived in this house we're talking about, right, yes, and then you started renting it out.
Speaker 6: But you didn't change the insurance type, did you? Or you did?
Speaker 5: I don't think I did. I just kind of kept everything the same.
Speaker 7: And I'm not so sure that's going to be a reason for a denial. I wonder if Marco Bendonelli could even answer that. Susanne, our main guy, Brian is who I wanted to talk to on this at Compass Insurance. But I want to try to get one other attorney on Marco real quick, John Fuller. He was getting I know two people now that basically, once going into court, one got on an airplane that I wanted for this call. But I'm going to see if I can get Marco on for it real quick. So let me put you on hold. But I'm a little nervous about the coverage. I don't know if they could give you a straight up denial for that, I don't know, but I would love to I would love to find out. I mean, I wonder arguably if you would have coverage, but you probably when you first got that demand letter, you probably should have sent it over to him. Did you even think about what I'm saying right now up till now, meaning you didn't have the right kind of coverage? Has that even crossed your mind?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Not at all, not at all. You know, yeah, with you know, like I said, it was kind of with renting it kind of just.
Speaker 6: No, Hey, listen, there's a lot of people. Here's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 7: I don't want to freak you out, but what I'm yeah, this conversation, I simply don't want to freak you out.
Speaker 6: But what I'm hoping and I and I think.
Speaker 7: I'm right, But that's royally why I want that advice from these two people is it's not really the circumstance, but because you guys did live there for a long time and you basically just kept auto renewing even though you leased it out or rented it out, whether or not it was there.
Speaker 6: But hold on we're.
Speaker 7: Going to come back and this attention for Tiffany, go ahead, go ahead, both Okay.
Speaker 3: Tiffany, how many demand letters did you receive.
Speaker 5: At the time. I did, because I did hire an attorney for the eviction, so he received we received when I had him as my attorney. He gosh, I want to say two maybe, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious in these demands and these demand letters, does the tenant actually show or provide proof that they were got sick from this moldyah?
Speaker 5: I think so basically, it's all, you know, just kind of like it felt a lot of these letters, I want to say, maybe there was four. A lot of these letters. It felt like they were strong arming me.
Speaker 6: It's totally a shakedown.
Speaker 8: There's no doubt.
Speaker 3: Did they send them certified or this in the general mail?
Speaker 5: They sent them through email to my attorney.
Speaker 3: I think I think they're just like Mark's head. I think they're just shaking you down.
Speaker 7: Yeah. But if they're truly getting ready to serve her, why do you think it's a real deal at this point, Tiffany.
Speaker 5: They filed a complaint and it's it's not filed through the course.
Speaker 6: Oh, so you actually see it?
Speaker 7: So I mean there is a lawsuit five yeah, litigation pending.
Speaker 5: Who is that exactly?
Speaker 6: Hey, Kelly, who is that dragon? Can you tell me who that is?
Speaker 4: Should be?
Speaker 14: Marco?
Speaker 7: Can you please put them on so I can instead of getting them three oh three seven to one three A two?
Speaker 6: Who is a dragon? Just talk to me? It's no big deal, no idea.
Speaker 7: But she says, no, okay, all right, not sure what that is, but so so Tiffany hold on. I just got to get one of our experts on that. That's the bottom line, no matter what. I need to talk to someone that understands the insurance game, and that's going to be Marco Bendinelli, and we've got to figure out. I asked John about it and the coverage, and that's where I wanted Compass Insurance on as well, because if I can get Brian or someone on from Compass, we can find out. Because she was renting it out if that's going to be an issue. But if he actually bo if he actually filed the lawsuit, this attorney or she whomever it is, I mean, it's coming to her. She's going to get served and her homeowners generally would take over from here. The biggest thing I'm afraid of. You have rental properties, you got like five or six Well.
Speaker 3: That's why she just needs to contact her insurance company. But even though they hired counsel, she needs to research who this lawyer is. It still could be her down.
Speaker 7: She shouldn't have to do any of this. That's what her insurance company's for as the coverage.
Speaker 3: That's why I spend a ton of money on insurance and all my properties. Just pick up the phone and let them start handling it. And she should call them immediately.
Speaker 6: She should have.
Speaker 7: Well, the only reason I'd like to talk to one of our experts first in case if there's some like serious red flags in this, because she doesn't have a renter's policy. I'm sure all of your units have a renter's policy. Yes, you're the owner, they're the renter. And the difference is a lot. In other words, it's a lot more expensive than your home at home right at the third more. That's what I'm saying, And what I'm afraid of is I don't want her to reach out to her insurance company, and we're giving her bad advice right now. Although I'm not sure what else you would do, but I would love to hear from one of our insurance guys. Hold on, let's take a break and come back. I'm gonna try to get one of them.
Speaker 6: On go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance checkup, freeation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Okay, three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 7: I am struggling a little to get an expert on.
Speaker 6: I'm really afraid.
Speaker 7: With some of the answers we might hear with Tiffany, but I'm probably more optimistic at this time with her insurance coverage. When you have rentals, and I just bring this up to Bo because Bo's got a bunch of rentals in Denver. At least it's this current day you do you're getting ready to.
Speaker 6: Get out, to get out and go with this Terra. Yeah, like this lease is her up so.
Speaker 7: But but the bottom line is when you have a rental property and rent a house out, I don't care if you have an Airbnb and it's short term rental or a long term rental, your insurance company needs to know what you do with that because when you rent a house out, generally that insurance coverage costs quite a bit.
Speaker 3: A bit more is more risk involved because you're not the primary your owner. I mean, you're the prime owner, but you're not living in that house, so there's more risk because you got tenants.
Speaker 6: And I'm just.
Speaker 7: Really hoping that there's not some kind of exclusion in that policy that they could hold against her. And what I mean by that is there's people suing her, which seems to be frivolous. That's just my opinion from what Tiffany has told us.
Speaker 6: But when she.
Speaker 7: Actually gets served by that lawsuit, and they've already filed it with the court, that's going to be an issue for if she does have coverage, which I'm hoping she does in fact, I really do. I once again, I don't want her two nervous. I really do think she has coverage what I want to find out though, is if she does. But they have to do everything. I mean, the fact that she didn't already turn it over to the en Karance. But this poor woman lost her husband eighteen months ago.
Speaker 6: She didn't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, she simply didn't know. And a lot of people do that.
Speaker 7: A lot of people rent out of house after they lived in it and do not switch to a different kind of coverage.
Speaker 6: So what I'm trying to do, and Kat Brian Burns.
Speaker 7: Would know this off the top of his head, and I think Marco would too. But we're going to get one of those two on by the end of the show, I'm sure of it, or somebody on. But here's what I want to do. In the meantime, I do want to talk to our guests. These are really good guys. Listen, K and H. They have been on this show over the years, different people, I mean Ted, Ted, well actually Lee Diamond and Steve Diamond his son. You guys have been on numerous times in the past couple of years. How you guys have owned a years? Yeah, yeah, we're going on two years. Yeah, But I mean we're going back to what nineteen fifty six.
Speaker 6: I think yep. I mean it's a ridiculous amount of time. How long K and H has been around.
Speaker 7: And you guys, regardless of the employees of the people coming in, have and on the show forever. So it's great seeing you guys. You started a new painting company, K and H's Painting Pros, and Andy, you've got a couple deals you're going to do right now. I wished it is armed by the way during the break and I don't mind. I don't mind telling people how it went. I said, you guys want to do a special, you just launched it. You might as well get some people calling. I mean, you've how long have you been doing painting though?
Speaker 15: Honestly, Andy, yeah, between Lee and I were combined for four decades in the industry, so forever.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so we know what we're doing.
Speaker 8: How many crews do you guys have that you just know and trust?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I've been working with our crews, representing with them for a while now and I've got, you know, ten to twenty crews that i should put on a job.
Speaker 6: And yeah, these guys listen.
Speaker 7: I guess what I'm trying to get through to you is if you need something painted, they're going.
Speaker 6: To get out there.
Speaker 7: They have, of course all the insurance covers, but more importantly, it's k and ah. I mean, these guys are great, You're going to be happy with the product, but the deal they have right now is a pretty kick ass I'll be straightforward with you. So it's two different things. Do you want the exterior of the house done? What did we come up with? You wanted ten percent? I said, no way, What did we come up with twenty?
Speaker 15: Yeah, So through the end of the week, give me a call, give off your exterior.
Speaker 7: Yep, exterior, So that's on the outside of the house twenty percent.
Speaker 6: But you have to call this week. Now.
Speaker 7: You don't have to get it painted this week. That's not going to happen, but you got to get on the books and call. Now they'll come out and give you a free estimate. I mean, really, how's it work? You come out, you give them a free estimate. And then how about colors? What happens if they are painting the outside of the house and right now it's purple or blue and they want to go with something else. Do you do you have people that help them pick out different colors. Like we live out in the country and we have green trees and I have a red barn and stuff like that. Do you bring out like a Sherwin Williams expert or do you bring out a color expert to help?
Speaker 15: Yeah, of course, we've got a couple of different options there. I mean, our our mission is to have color confidence for the homeowner, right. We want you happy with you know, the color that we're going to be putting on the inside or outside. So we've got designers that we've were partnered with, and then through Sherwin Williams, we've got designers that we can bring in salt as well, and all that's free, yep, absolutely.
Speaker 6: And then you give a bid.
Speaker 7: So once you figure out what they want, and we're talking the complete bid, you know, all the prep everything, full scope, and then if you want it, you get twenty percent off if you initiated the call this week, and then after that it goes back to regular price, which is still great. Yeah, no matter how you look at it, it's still great. Twenty percent off getting your house painted is actually pretty big.
Speaker 6: Let you know, I'll take.
Speaker 7: A round number. Let's say it's a thousand bucks. You're talking eight hundred dollars that's a good deal. Then on the inside, this is pretty cool on the inside.
Speaker 8: If you have two rooms painted. Now listen, these are areas.
Speaker 7: You can't say, hey, you're going to paint the two bathrooms and the great room is free. It's three equal areas or whatever the equal will be. But it's basically a third off, is what it comes down to. So you're talking you get two rooms painted, and a lot of homes that might be the downstairs, right, I mean you're painting the kitchen and the family room in the bedroom. I mean you know there might be a hallway or something there. But I mean, that's a pretty good deal. But so you buy two and you get one free.
Speaker 6: Yep. And that's going to be the exact same way. Yep.
Speaker 15: And you could reach us at seven two zero four five seven five seven six seven, give us a call anytime, and we're happy to get you in the books.
Speaker 7: And let's talk prep real quick. We talked to at the beginning how important that was. So when you go out, you walk around, what's the average home you guys paint here? Is it siding? I have some sort or is it stucko? You know what's weird about Colorado? Guys, maybe you can help me out here. I never really see brick. I'm not going to say I don't see it at all? Is that because the nearest place, the nearest quarry, the nearest place brick is made, is so far away. It just doesn't make sense. How come I don't see brick as an option?
Speaker 6: K and H. You guys do siding. What else do you do besides siding?
Speaker 12: Windows? Doors?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, but I mean.
Speaker 8: Just for the siding, do you guys do stucco or no?
Speaker 12: We don't do stucco, but we do a stone veneer product.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like a fakestone if you will.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it's real stone. But it's not like yeah, yeah, building stone and mortaring it up.
Speaker 7: No, I know exactly why. In fact, I have it on our house. It's gorgeous. It looks like, once again, it's not fakestone. It looks like it's actual real stone though. But but how come we never see brick here?
Speaker 12: I would say it's probably just the the age of the city, you know, because brick is kind of an old style of building.
Speaker 8: It's way more expensive to use brick.
Speaker 12: It's just the skill of laying brick is slowly fading out, So the people, the amount of people that do that, that's.
Speaker 6: Not a lot of exactly. Yeah, that's that's an interesting Yeah, there really is.
Speaker 12: Because Denver is such a new city in comparative to like or an older city like that, you're not going to see a lot more brick homes out here.
Speaker 6: So what siding do you guys have? Now?
Speaker 12: We use James Hardy primarily.
Speaker 6: And everybody hears about that one.
Speaker 7: I mean it's probably the most popular siding in the country.
Speaker 12: It's up there for sure.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's crazy. Why is that? I know?
Speaker 7: I know, Like, first of all, it's not just painted or coated. It's actually impregnated to whatever color, So fading is just about zero.
Speaker 12: It does fade just like everything else. But yeah, they have a fifteen year color warranty on there as well.
Speaker 6: Does it hold up longer than that here? Yeah? It does.
Speaker 12: The fading. You know, if you get it all done at once, it's going to fade equally, so it's gonna look sharp, you know it matter.
Speaker 14: Big thing in.
Speaker 12: Colorado is wood like woodpeckers, termites. Hey, yeah, we don't have a lot of them here, but when it does happen, they don't touch hardy. The other thing is wind and hail. It's very very much.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you might add, well, how does that work if if it does get damaged? I guess you just replace whatever side. I mean, what else are you going to do? It's like anything, yep. And if you get hit on three sides, they probably do the whole house. Do you guys deal with a lot of insurance claims.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and the insurance companies will actually give you a lot better discounts if you have hardy on the house as well. You know what the last piece I want to say real quick is it's fire resistant, very fire resistant. So you know nowadays like in Boulder, Yeah, you have to put hardy on your house.
Speaker 6: Or some fibers fire resistant. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So so something curious you brought up though. When you guys go out, you know there's a lot of roofers out there. When roofers go out there just looking at the roof, I mean, when you guys go out after a hailstorm, you're looking at the siding. The windows. Windows are a big one. A lot of people never see on their insurance claim. We have people call up they already had their roof redone they might have had the house repainted because you know, the hailstorm messed up the painting, but they don't see that the windows seals were broke and those wins can be fifty sixty grand added the claim. And the insurance adjusters never pointed out to you do you guys run into.
Speaker 6: That Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 12: And if they do cover it, they covered the cost of what it did you know twenty years ago what that window costed.
Speaker 8: That's crazy? All right, everybody hold tight.
Speaker 6: I go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, three oh.
Speaker 7: Three seven one three eight two five five today is not expert A. I won an attorney. I've got to help Tiffany. Here's what we're doing. I hope you guys know. Did you guys tell Tiffany? I simply want to get her back on tomorrow. That is an affirmative. So listen, that's what we're gonna do. And I just found out we know who Tiffany is and what I mean. What I mean by that is I don't know her personally, but I know her family and they're great people, and she could be in a real bind. So I don't want her to do anything nothing, no conversations with anybody till tomorrow. And we get a couple attorneys and I mean that, a couple attorneys and our insurance agent to all pow wow and come up with the right thing. Now, I got to say this on YouTube. First of all, we went down for a little bit and came back up. I get this so much. Dave put this, and I'm going to read exactly what he put. What did Mark just say earlier about the stock market? Yeah, I do. I invest in stocks, and I talk about annuities as well.
Speaker 6: So I want to.
Speaker 7: Make this very clear to everybody out there. There is no one out there that I know of that an annuity would be the only thing to retire with. With the exception you're older and you've already had one, and it's built up, and it would be crazy to get rid of it when you're to the point of turning the cash flow on. In fact, there could be other reasons too, but in general, for most people my age fifty, let's say, right around fifties, if you're starting to think, you know, I have an IRA, I own this property, I have this house, I have these assets and everything else, there's something so cool about an annuity. The right annuity is that you do get that guaranteed money. If you do lose the other money in the stock market, a house does burn down, there is something catastrophic something you have that guaranteed money. Think about having the Social Security check every single month, and then along with that, you and your wife for your spouse, both have an annuity product or maybe one for the both of you that covers both, and you have a secondary check that comes every single month forever. Listen, an annuity is never gonna make you rich. You're not going to invest two hundred thousand dollars and get twenty thousand dollars a month. It's just simply not gonna happen. But you might do two hundred thousand dollars and let it sit and grow, not lose any money, but gain every single year and get five to six, maybe seven thousand a month when you retire forever.
Speaker 8: That along with social Security.
Speaker 6: Think about it.
Speaker 7: You could be up ten, twelve, thirteen thousand dollars a month. And if you have other investments, which you should, that can grow, that can double. Like property is a great one. In fact, that's like vest Eira properties, or like this stock market. I'm very aggressive at my age. I'm very aggressive in the stock market. I'll tell you what I own a ton of right now. I own a ton of Tesla. I own a ton of Tesla. In fact, that could be a very literal thing to say. And here's the deal. It's up and down right now. I knew that coming into this administration because of how close Elon is to it. But I'm willing to stick with it. Most of my Tesla I'm in around one hundred and fifteen bucks. I shorted Tesla years ago. I lost my ass shorten them probably in two thousand, I don't know, eighteen nineteen. I was one of those Bill Gates guys, I was trying to short it. But my point is I knew there'd be some abuse here. I wish I did sell it at four hundred and eighty when I maxed in December, but I don't care. I'm not selling anywhere near three hundred. And I'm going to tell you people, I'm not giving you stock advice. I'm not a financial advisor, but I'm going to tell you something about Tesla right now. A lot of it's in the news, and they do trade it a very high X. They do, but they've got robots coming out. I'm sorry people. How many people in here know of another company? I think Honda tried it years ago, but I still haven't seen the Honda robot. How many people are going to have a robot? Most likely by the end of the year you can place an order for I mean, think about that. How many other companies have the data of every road most people have every traveled in this country and in Europe and soon to be India and other places, to where everything is mapped out and your car can drive you everywhere.
Speaker 6: When we leave.
Speaker 7: Here, Suzanne will get in the car with me. I will hit a button and it will drive me home. Anybody else have a car that does add in here that's not a Tesla. Seriously, anybody, and they are going to take that technology and they're going to start marketing. They're talking to all of them right now, Nissan, Chevy, all the locals, all the foreigns, Honda, everybody. No one else has the infrastructure. No one else has the infrastructure down like Elon has in Tesla. And another thing, the charging stuff. Do you remember our government was going to put chargers everywhere. Oh that's canceled. They're not doing that. There's not enough electric cars. It was a waste of tax money. When you want to charge, where do you go? You go to a Tesla station, you get an adapter, and you're on the Tesla network. The guy owns the place. I mean, you might not like him because of politics right now, but to think that the guy that created SpaceX, To think that the guy that's got these chips, now that this has nothing to do with Tesla though Tesla is the solar, it's the robots, and Tesla's the infrastructure, in the software, in the AI, that's the Tesla aspect.
Speaker 6: But think about it. He also owned SpaceX. What did he start isn't it PayPal? Was it PayPal?
Speaker 8: He started PayPal?
Speaker 7: The guy can execute better than anybody walking this planet. So not to bet on Elon, not to bet on Tesla because of what's going on right now, in my humble opinion and is absolutely insane. The guy is incredible. He's got chips dragon. Do you know about these chips?
Speaker 14: Hey, you put your brain, you.
Speaker 6: Put them in your brain. Monkeys can play like pinball. I mean, I've never seen anything like it. What are they really for? Even though of course people are gonna say, well Peter would help, would hate.
Speaker 7: Him because you know he tested on monkeys. Well, that's like anything in the world. I can't. I can't stop that. I much rather you test it on a monkey than a human. But it's incredible. Think about this. Think about people that are paralyzed paraplegics, all of a sudden, they can walk. This neuron system is all of a sudden working again because of these implants they're working on. Think about that people with traumatic brain injuries all of a sudden, all of a sudden, can focus all the time and they don't go out of it for a while. Think of all of that kind of thing. Think of tremor's. Think of Parkinson's. Think of a chip that can go in and fix you dementia, dementia, Think about it, your memory a chip, but it's there, it's real. It's absolutely insane, and the guy has proven time in time and time again he can execute.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, don't you get.
Speaker 7: Guys listen three oh three Martino. I want you to remember that number. I want to talk to you tomorrow. Any problems, complaints, anything you have. We're also going to, of course, get Tiffany back on three zero three Martino. Or help a troubleshooter dot com. I was talking to these guys with k and Ah during the break, I think about we were talking about the robot from Tesla. It's coming out now it can't do this, but eventually this is where it's going. Can you imagine? And how much would you pay to have a robot in your house? It's going to do everything, It's going to vacuum, it could drive you. And then think about it with AI and the growth of AI now and Tesla's AI they own a lot of their own AI clouds.
Speaker 6: Think about this.
Speaker 7: You say, hey, robot, go paint the house, and the robots never painted a house before. It's simply going to talk to the god in the sky, the cloud in the sky and literally learn how to paint a house and go paint a house. I mean, it's not that far away. Isn't that incredible. I'm not saying it's like five years away. I'm saying twenty thirty years. It's gonna be nuts. How much would you pay for a robot like that? Really, it doesn't matter what you want done. I mean there's limitations that can't fly at least not yet.
Speaker 14: Great question. I don't know.
Speaker 15: I might be out of a job if that's a case. If we can have you might not have money to buy the robot.
Speaker 14: That's true.
Speaker 7: You know, I've always said that about self driving guys. I'm talking to Steve Diamond and Andy Shecker. Shecker am I saying.
Speaker 6: That right, nailed it, thank you, And.
Speaker 7: They're with K and H Home Solutions. Great guys, and I'll do that specially again in a minute.
Speaker 6: But think about this. I've always said this for years.
Speaker 7: Once self driving is everywhere, and I think that probably is about four or five years for people that can buy a new car afford to buy a new car. And I think that's even going to come down. I think for most cars you're going to have self driving, and I think Tesla's leading the way on that butt. What's going to happen to like I don't know, like Golden these little towns that are basically speed traps. The car's not going to get in trouble, You're not going to have as many accidents. What's going to happen to insurance? I would assume insurance should go down. I mean really, I'm not saying things don't happen, but my goodness, if your car is following the speed limit and you're not there to road rage or you're not there to try to get home quick and just everything's moving along like that. I mean, man, cops could be put out of business, which isn't a bad deal. And I don't mean anything negative towards cops, but I mean, my goodness, if we did, if crime went down, that'd be great, along with speeding tickets and DUIs and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Give me some thoughts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, my mom had a Tesla for a while and I would love taking that thing out.
Speaker 6: What did she have an ass?
Speaker 12: And X yeah said the ass.
Speaker 6: I love my ass.
Speaker 7: Oh man, did you ever self drive or you guys didn't have any tip?
Speaker 14: Self drive?
Speaker 12: Take you all the way downtown is in Atlanta so you don't have to deal with all the traffic.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Listen these guys, the K and H painting Pros. Buy two rooms, get one free on the inside of your house on the outside.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 7: All this is you got to call by the end of the week twenty percent off the exterior. Call Andy seven to zero four five seven fifty seven sixty seven or check them out at referralist dot com.
Speaker 6: Eight