Speaker 1: It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Now listen. We like to give things away, and if you know that you've been listening to the show, you know that, then you need to have that iHeart app because that's what we used to give stuff away. Why. It's got a talkback feature on it. You can click this little microphone and leave a thirty second message. So the third person to leave a talk back with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question what movie did Ben go to the theater to see this weekend? We talked about it in the opening segment. If you listen, you know see you got to listen to when you got to have that iHeart app, third person name, number, email address, and the answer to the question what movie had been go see this weekend in the theater and you will win Mars Volta tickets October twenty fifth, Bomb Factory Mars Volta. That should be a badass show. Bomb Factory back. Baby. All right, we got lots of stuff to get to, but right now it's time for this. It's time to go in to get bitted.
Speaker 2: Stridule rebird machine. Yes, and it is a Sinko to Myos story, it's not today Sinko to miyos. Thought that was interesting, It's fantastic. A lot of polls have shown that thirteen percent of Americans have no idea what Sinko Demo's all about. I thought it would be ninety percent of Americans don't know. I'm not one hundred percent of the intricate details of it.
Speaker 1: It has something to do with Mexican independence from Spain, correct, And isn't it resting me? I have no idea. I think you just supposed to drink Mexican beers that day, and mitchellatas Margarita Marg's.
Speaker 3: It's the day that the sink hole opened.
Speaker 2: No, that's sink hole to Maya sinklo. So Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Pueblo. Oh the French May fifth, eighteen sixty two.
Speaker 1: So swallowed them.
Speaker 2: Wee wei mofos. You got your ass handed to you by our Mexican friends. Yep uh. The wayback machine does take us back to something that happened, though this would be May fifth, twenty seventeen. Ben was having a problem was something that he described as a swallow that was a problem. Let's just hear the audio and then discuss.
Speaker 3: Guys, they're not. That's apparently they are. What are They're a bird and there's two of them hawks and they are known as barn swallows.
Speaker 2: Shocking.
Speaker 1: That's kind of hot. So they're birds, they're swallows. That's the kind of old bird. You want one that's experienced and it's going to be in that situation and do it right, guys. Newsman Jody Dean weighed in on this all the Facebook page shocking.
Speaker 3: He says, I got a lot of experiences with this guy. A lot of these old birds love my program, he says.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Barn swallows are fast, highly maneuverable, and aggressive. When they get close enough to the source of their irritation, they'll turn their evil little heads towards you and screech at your face, beaks wide open. They're so terrifying that they have very few predators and even scare hawks and giant birds, which they've even known to uh, which with which they've been known to cooperate.
Speaker 1: Wow, hold on, please stop.
Speaker 2: I got they don't even have they don't have arms or dams.
Speaker 1: Okay, birds don't have necks, so they're not looking around. And secondly, did he just cut and paste a Wikipedia things?
Speaker 2: And the idea of Jody Dean copying and pasting to other Wikipedia on your Facebook post and a comment is hilarious to me.
Speaker 3: Man, those things are a pain in the ass, and if they ever infiltrate your front porch, there's very little things you can do to get rid of them because of bird laws and you're not allowed. They're like, I don't know if they're endangered or what the deal is, but hypothetically, if your kids had orbi guns, it would be illegal for you to shoot those orbie guns at the birds. Those types of orbi guns, they should out these little water pellets. It wouldn't be enough to kill a bird, but it would be enough to send a message to those birds take your asses somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yep. I would personally support anyone who just was to entertain all ideas that were legal to handle that situation. I personally never did anything illegal. Shout out to the orby gun. I've seen an orby gun take a bird's eye out a little sea little bird with an iPad. Yeah, usually it's a parrot.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah. In Texas, we protect all of our birds pretty much except for pigeons. Pigeons you can just go murder at any time, yeah, which is wrong. You know they're they're bothering you.
Speaker 1: Also, doves, because they're a bird of peace. They take over your front porch and then they dive bomb you. They will take your eye out.
Speaker 2: Pigeons, Yeah, do you gotta have a permit if you're going to kill them? Does this ever get solved? This is a long time.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You still have the problem yearly? Do you around this time? Do you have swallows some? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's never really swallow. Thing has never really worked out for me. Why because as you're not into it. No, I'm very much into like birds. Yeah, I like birds. It just doesn't seem to be doesn't seem to go hand in hand in with my situation, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're a nuisance. If they take over your front door, you can't do anything to get rid of them. Kat said, you can get a permit taken out for that. Did you get a permit?
Speaker 2: KT? I did? Okay, So for you it's just let it happen.
Speaker 1: Oh, the birds and the nesting, yeah, right, and just whatever happens happened, and you're like, hey, yeah, I didn't know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: One thing to watch Fords seriously though, on this bit of climate talk here. Yeah, oh, just letting you know. Things are pushed back about a month this year. It's gonna get hotter a little bit later. You're gonna see the mosquitos come out a little bit later. You're probably used to seeing a lot of mosquitos in May, You'll be getting them in late May, in early Things are different than it used to be growing up, Our seasons have changed by one month.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic forward.
Speaker 3: How long do you wait before kissing your front porchs?
Speaker 2: Goodbye?
Speaker 1: What? What? What does that mean? Hold on, don't answer that, let him talk some more.
Speaker 2: You're sending you're saying you had a tit mouse problem.
Speaker 1: No, no, not right now?
Speaker 2: What you now?
Speaker 1: She said? A nip rat coming up next?
Speaker 2: Different bird coming up next.
Speaker 1: What's going on in Dallas right here on the east What