Speaker 1: I don't know, is two brains enough? Austin Montgomery's with us today, Austin, how are you?
Speaker 2: How do y'all? That's my country Montgomery. What's what's up? What's up? Day?
Speaker 1: What's up with you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have a Do you have a country accent? When you're on w A m Z. I just kind of say an accent.
Speaker 2: I just kind of use this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just cool.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't I have like the I have like the Kamala Harris thing to where I change accents only when I'm around the country. People start saying the how do y'all?
Speaker 1: It's also a Hilary skill.
Speaker 2: It's called code switching.
Speaker 1: Oh I never heard that one. It's called what.
Speaker 2: It's called code switching when you get around like a particular group of people and you kind of start talking to them like well that's what they that's what they use for the.
Speaker 1: Old days they called it. You're full of ye talk to us right now, Austin, like you're at a MENSA convention. You know, stop it, stop it? Uh, how are things at WAMZ? It's kind of quiet after all the Country series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything's all. I mean, the Bourbon and Beyond went off really well. Did you go to Bourbon and Beyond at all?
Speaker 1: You know to day, I did rock radio for so many years. You couldn't couldn't tie a rope around me and drag me into that thing.
Speaker 2: The biggest, the biggest Bourbon and Beyond festival ever and it was just rated internationally the best music festival at twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: The older we get, the bigger the crowd, the less likely we are to be there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no, there's no question. And then we have the PBR concerts over there. It's every second Wednesday of the month. It's Whiskey Jam. So you see a bunch of all these up and young coming superstars. It's now finally made its way to Louisville. Used to be in Tennessee and like Luke Combe started there, like Landy Wilson, Morgan Walling. I'm sure you guys have heard of those guys before.
Speaker 1: Sure is I want to ask this question because country music is so poppy now in popular music, the Liam Payne story is probably a story you would talk about on w AMZ. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's something that I'm going to bring up on my show.
Speaker 1: Because that demo listening to that is in their thirties now, but ten years ago when one Direction was the number one man in the world. That is a huge story everyone knew about. Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Should I recruit someone else? Or is your two brains gonna be enough? Let's do it, let's do it. Oh damn, that's confidence.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of brain, all right.
Speaker 1: Crusade for Children trivia. If they get eight of the next ten questions correct, I will donate money. We're at three hundred or two eighty, so it's three hundred bucks. Now we'll go to the Crusade for Children. We have not one, but two people that will match my number at the end of the year, which is fantashtaka. All right. Question one, let me hear the music?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: You got the music? One?
Speaker 2: It is going there.
Speaker 1: It is just too loud.
Speaker 2: You look good though.
Speaker 1: Question one? Oh, don't feed him? Yeah, no, feed feed feed the ego. According to the Bible, who killed more people? Did you just go? I did?
Speaker 2: I did? I just know? I won't know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, According to the Bible, who killed more people at his death than his life? Who killed more people at his death? Samson? Got anything over there?
Speaker 2: Austin, have no clue.
Speaker 1: I'm not understanding the question. Did you never go to Bible School?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: No? What school? Did you go to?
Speaker 2: Hard Knocks? I want to I'm a proud alumni of Frank F. Boorman Elementary School. Davis is not an air Force base.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go. I'm not sure I understand the question. I know, according to the Bible, who killed more people after his death than in his life? The answer is give me my dinghy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, by the way, here's the dingy right there you go, Dave, what do.
Speaker 1: You think it is after his death?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you think it is? Then during his life?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You said something before? Samson? Samson, I don't know, look it up. I'm just I can only provide the questions. Samson. Okay, Austin, I don't think you're going to know this, but I think Dave's going to get this next question in about one second. You might know it.
Speaker 2: I'll be impressed.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I'll be impressed if you get it.
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 1: Yes? Who killed Lee Harvey All's wall? Sirhan? Sirhan? Who killed Lee Harvey OL's Wall? Sir Hand, Sirhan killed Bobby Oh Jack Ruby?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It sounds about Rocky Kerr. I was, yeah, I was listening to I was listening to something about that a couple of weeks ago. I was really fascinated with that conspiracy.
Speaker 1: And then he wouldn't let OJ into his restaurant. It is so fascinating. It's so fascinating. It might not being a simple answer, but it was that entire time. There was a comedian that says I grew up in that era. We turned the TV on and Jack Ruby kills Lee Harvey Oswald live on television. He goes, we were hooked. We were hooked on TV. At that point, it was all I said of Jack Ruby was some weirdo that owned a bar in Dallas. He was a patsy. Yeah, he was a patsy. That's right, all right, Austin, this one, jurors, all right, graduate.
Speaker 2: Of what Frank Bormann elementary on what Air Force Base Davis Moth Davis mottin Air Force Base, Tucson, Arizona, home of a boneyard.
Speaker 1: The boneyard. What a great name for a gay bar. It would be Yes, take a dollar, take a dollar, a dollar, Okay.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Answer this, mister, Austin Montgomery from w A m Z.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: What did Eli Whitney invent? Come on, man, it's a newspaper, right, Nope? Nope? Cotton gin?
Speaker 2: Oh? Was it that? Yeah? That sounds about Was it that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave? What did Eli Whitney invent? The cotton gin?
Speaker 2: Davis is gonna break carew I was.
Speaker 1: After a contail. You had a bunch of stuff in your teeth. It was awful. You've had some good answers on this contest, but not today.
Speaker 2: No, it's I'm lost, Dave.
Speaker 1: Will sketch your intellectual analytical brain on this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with the War of eighteen twelve? Not intimately, but I've heard of it? True? False? Was the War of eighteen twelve started in eighteen twelve? It was not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go with Dave very saying in false on.
Speaker 1: You're saying false, I mean it mean false? Yes? False? Oh it was it was. I started shortly before. That didn't last long? Was it it like twelve days or something?
Speaker 2: Stupid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it was. It did start. It's a trick question. It's true. It is trick me. All right, this is a food question, and I'm not saying, in fact, I'm not saying. I'm not saying. I'm looking at you. All right, what condiment? This is question five? You've missed one. Yeah, what condiment is Lean Perring's most famous for? What is the condiment that? What is most famous Lean Parings, Liam Parings, Thank Bloody Mary Lian Parings.
Speaker 2: Sauce?
Speaker 1: Leam Parents makes it. It's a sauce. You got tomato, juice, you got celery, salt, you got Worcestershire bingo, what the Worcestershire sauce? Okay, they got it.
Speaker 2: They put a lot of stuff in the bloody You say Worcestershire, Yeah, Worcestershire, Worcestershire.
Speaker 1: Is there an improper way to say Worcestershire Worcestershire? But that is leam Parents is most famous for theirs.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big fan of bloody Marys.
Speaker 1: And don't you put that on steaks? Also burgers?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all sorts of meat, he said at the boneyard. Here's another food question.
Speaker 2: Right, I get I get that last one today? If he want that, threw it out there.
Speaker 1: What is the Italian name for squid in a restaurant? John A Hey squid in a restaurant, Chesley Fry. I heard your sister like squid. Perhaps she can have some calamari with me.
Speaker 2: Man, that's tough. I don't know that one either. He just told you calamari. That's that's Italian.
Speaker 1: Calamari. Are you asking calamari? Damn? Can we git another? W amz guy?
Speaker 2: I'm all, you got what.
Speaker 1: I threw two food questions at you. You are now you didn't throw park Rind questions at him.
Speaker 2: Man, that's.
Speaker 1: We're getting from the newsroom that four of eighteen twelve ended in eighteen fourteen. I didn't ask that question. It's more than a ham sandwich. The question was did the War of eighteen twelve start in eighteen twelve? It's a trick question, and trust me, sometimes people get a debate. I told my dollar the other day. I was like, because I asked her what night is Monday night? Football? Lo? She was like, Monday night. I was like, don't, I said, don't be surprised. We interviewed a couple of Hooters girls in the eighties said what night is money in football?
Speaker 2: They're all like, we.
Speaker 1: Don't know that. It's so hard, thank you? In what city? Question? Seven in what city? No, not in Arkansas, that's the state. In what city does the Tour de France end in? Oh, Tour de France ends in? Well, let's just say Paris, shall we Do you think.
Speaker 2: It's only uh, this is one.
Speaker 1: Of the only are your world traveler.
Speaker 2: Montgomery feel terrible because my girlfriend, my significant other is and she would know that she.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa whoa you said, don't don't I stop it? Tony loves That drives me crazy. It's worse than the fart. It's songs. Uh you said, girlfriend and then significant other?
Speaker 2: Girl? Friend?
Speaker 1: Or is it a significant other?
Speaker 2: I just aren't they the same thing? Or do you know another merits significant other is?
Speaker 1: Wait, Dave helped me out here.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's a step up from girlfriend without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well yeah we could say that we're not married.
Speaker 1: Yet, but she's significant enough, yes, to be possibly marry to be more. Oh damn, Oh, she like has your pen. What's her name?
Speaker 2: Her name Sydney? Her name is Sidney. Shout out Sidney. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What does Sydney do for a living.
Speaker 2: She actually works for the The Leo magazine.
Speaker 1: She was stars Republican that jails with the country crowd right at the conservative country crowd. I mean, does she write articles for the Leos.
Speaker 2: She's like a an editor and she does. She's more like on the social media and digital side, so she like makes surreals.
Speaker 1: And stuff about how far left is she.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just.
Speaker 1: Say this on the radio. She left to be honest in California for about so your brain is broken.
Speaker 2: She I love Apparently she's she's a kind so but she always she always tells me, of course I am financially conservative. That's what I get out of her.
Speaker 1: Okay, boy, that's something. You know what. My dad was conservative, my mom was liberal. It works, it can work out.
Speaker 2: Works.
Speaker 1: They had fantastic arguments about Nixon and Vietnam War. It was great.
Speaker 2: We weren't that far apart then. Oh no, we have our disagreements, but doesn't tear us apart. We did. It's it's silly stuff.
Speaker 1: And what city does the Tour de France and gay Paris? Because they're happy Paris ends and they ride I assume they ride through the looks like Champs de Lessie. Question eight. Spotted dick is a traditional British confection. It's boiled suet pudding with what on top? Spotted dick? Ooh, spotted dick is true. It is a confection. You can get it in a can. Dick in a can. Band name it really is. This is a great band name. Oh man, what is the what is the spotted dick part of the spotted traditional British confection? I mean whipped cream is too obvious, That's what I want to Is it like chocolate chips or something?
Speaker 2: It's nuts would be too obvious to you, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nuts would be you're warm, you're warm? The first answer, you were warm the whipped cream. No, the chocolate chocolate chips. You're warm warm on the chocolate chips, yes, mmm, because there was there spots, so it's got to be something like speckley. Sometimes people think they're chocolate chips, but really there, Oh, really there? If they're they're peanut butter chips. O, dude, shot their bugs. What's most disappointing when you think it's a chocolate chip?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: How to ruin oatmeal? Cookies? And one fell swoop? Dude, get there, Get there. I almost had to take the pain and just hit you over the head with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it might still have to.
Speaker 1: What's more disappointing and chomping into a cookie. I think it's chocolate chip. It's a raisin, and I don't trust people that do like that. All right, here's a multiple choice. What about the California raisins Austin.
Speaker 2: I have no issue with the California raisins.
Speaker 1: Okay, they cost more, of course they do. How many Okay, this is multiple choice?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: In the original John Wick film, I haven't seen any of them. John Wilke Wick in the original film, how many did he kill? How many people did he kill? Seventeen or seventy seven? I heard it's a huge number. It's gotta be seventy.
Speaker 2: Seventy seven he kill?
Speaker 1: Do you think he killed seven? He killed his dog? I heard that part seventy seven people deserve to die, Page one dog, seventy seven people. It's the first movie, right, John Wick? Seventy seven?
Speaker 2: You want to go with seventy seven? I feel like this might be one of the trick questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, John WICKI is not the boogieman. John Wick is the man you call to kill the boogieman man seventy six of his friends.
Speaker 2: I've been writing that seventeen time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventeen or seventy seven, seventy seven and.
Speaker 2: I'm seventy seven. It was a big number.
Speaker 1: It's a big, huge number. And there are some scenes you're like, what am I watching? He killed twelve people in like eighteen.
Speaker 2: Seconds past the first one.
Speaker 1: All right, last question, Let's start with you, Austin Montgomery from.
Speaker 2: WAA and Frank F. Borman Elementary School.
Speaker 1: In in Idaho. No, Uh, South Dakota. Where was it?
Speaker 2: Uh? Tucson, Arizona. I was close, yes, a little bit.
Speaker 1: The Emperor penguin inhabits the North Pole or the or the South Pole Antarctica. Which is is it is the Emperor penguin up north or down south? Flip in, Austin, I must.
Speaker 2: I must say north because there's really not a lot in Antarctica. It's it's it's Antarctica, by the way, not Antarctica. What did I say? You said Antarctica? Antarctica, Antarctica, antar Antarctica, Antarctica.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't say Antarctica, the Antarctica on Earth because there's nothing there but death and penguin. There's no life and death and penguins possibly on this question.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not Madagascar with the rest of them.
Speaker 1: I think it's south, but this is on you. We already won. So by the way, time out you said Madagascar. You know the movie Met Gascar. Yes, so we go to the zoo and no one calls that the Limu. They call it King Julian. Julian's here.
Speaker 2: King Julian is here.
Speaker 1: Movement, movement, greatest character in contosty is great? All right? Antarctica or North Pole for Emperor Penguin, I think it's south, but Austin, you go, whether we already won.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm I'm wanna ride Dave again. Let's go south, you d d Dave again.
Speaker 1: On a Friday, Final answer, final question is Antarctica.
Speaker 2: Antarctica, Antarctica. There you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: The Emperor lives in that talk.
Speaker 2: Dame, I'm sorry I was bad today. Oh that's okay.
Speaker 1: You were you. You were struggling. I think once we started asking about your girlfriend, you kind of threw you. You started to analyze what is my relationship with her? Those California start David is starting to smell like he might be engaged soon. I smell it. It's all over you. You're gonna get up on stage Whiskey Wednesday. It's a stink of dumb. It's gonna be You're gonna get engaged soon. That is the canneb Dick Suspicion. That's the Cannob Dick's debut album. When's your next? Stink of You?
Speaker 2: On A I'm on Saturdays and Sundays. I's still got the Public Service A channels. I'm on Saturdays seven to ten and Sundays. Wake up really early with me. Maybe you didn't even go to bed from that Saturday. You're just your turn me on at six a m. We love you, Austin Montgomery. Good job you.
Speaker 1: Thank right back after this on news radio A forty whs. But first I'll remind you of Bargain Supply. Head on down to Bargain Supply East Jefferson Street, do a douche some shopping for some appliances, Halloween decorations, air filters for your house, duct tape, power tools, doesn't matter. Batteries, by the way, they have the batteries of big packs of batteries for cheap. It is a great fun place for dudes and the ladies to shop. You'll spend hours in Bargain Supply but if you need appliances, they have hundreds of years of experience. And go see my boy Todd Hester. He's a guy that runs the place there at Bargain Supply East Jefferson Street. They have their own parking lot. Get there this afternoon or tomorrow, do some shopper on Saturday. It's a lot of fun. Back after this on news Radio forty