Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine Wild for nine in the base number one hit music station, Happy Friday Show.
Speaker 2: I'm Selena Cheti's not here today because she was on LA right, yes, yes, but why do I know why? I think it was with her family?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Possibly?
Speaker 4: Universal Studios.
Speaker 5: Bo.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 1: It's work day because I took a day off this week, so I can't really talk.
Speaker 2: She'll be back Monday, Tuesday, four day weekend in LA.
Speaker 4: That's just a few hours away.
Speaker 1: I received no heads up about this. Didny want to get any advanced warning?
Speaker 4: I did? Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: How much advance warning a.
Speaker 4: Couple of weeks?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: Wow, I didn't tell you?
Speaker 1: Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Interesting. I'm going to make a note of that in her HR file.
Speaker 2: Yes, definitely, all right, first talk back of the day, doesn't matter who it's from when it's about as long as it came in first.
Speaker 4: We're playing it.
Speaker 3: Good Morning JV Show.
Speaker 1: My name is Thomas from Gilas.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to say to have a blessed day, Happy Friday. Hoping I'm the first call of the morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, long pause because I just had a brain fart.
Speaker 2: Anyways, hope you'll have a great Fridays.
Speaker 6: Had his operating system to shut down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're glitching.
Speaker 1: He had to reboot, and then he explained if we heard the long pause, but like I said, long pause, as if we didn't hear it. That was good, continued on, that was good, Thank you for leaving that talk back, Thomas. All right, today is it's National Tell a Joke Day. So I thought we'd have our resident in house, a stand up comedian Jess here, try out some jokes. Tell tell us a joke, and we'll see if we think it's funny. Okay, ready, yep, just okay, just get ready, just in case of the joke is no good.
Speaker 7: Why was Cinderella so bad as socks her?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Because she kept running away from the ball. Okay, can I get I do one work?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 1: That last one?
Speaker 7: What do you call someone who refuses to fart in public?
Speaker 2: I don't know what, a private tutor.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm just really tired.
Speaker 1: That's our in studio audience. Yeah we do. People don't know we do our show and for our live studio audience.
Speaker 5: Either.
Speaker 2: I'm just really tired, and those are actually pretty good. Really, I said, maybe I'm just really tired.
Speaker 1: I think it was the luck hand the canned laughter that I think it was the laughter from the live studio audience that got you. It's kind of fun. Should be that any more jokes. On National Telejoke Day, Jess, you're a resident stand up comic. I want to see if you had anything good that could really get this get the show started. Everybody laughing in their cars.
Speaker 7: Maybe more Okay, okay, what did the grape say when it got stepped on?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: God, what nothing?
Speaker 7: It just let out a little wine.
Speaker 4: I actually like these stop it you do know, because that's all I got?
Speaker 1: All right? On National tele Joke Day, if you do want to use the talkback feature on the iHeart app, tell us a joke. If you can actually make one of us laugh out loud, maybe we'll give you a chuck mun But.
Speaker 4: You have to lea any jokes from you.
Speaker 6: We have to legitimately laugh. You're a resident stand up comic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, talk talk bag mic is open.
Speaker 2: Next on the JV Show, can we talk about those two those astronauts that are stuck at the International Space Station. Yeah, they've been there for a while, probably until next year. There's and they were only supposed to be their ten days. Well, because people are just naturally gross, they're like, well, can they get busy in space? And now, like experts have waited, if it's logistically possible take.
Speaker 1: Off your space diapers?
Speaker 2: What a rep So I'll give you that info next here on.
Speaker 1: Wild the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 4: Debates number one hit music station. We are the JV Show.
Speaker 2: I'm Selena and I'm Jess. Right now we're talking about the astronauts who are still stuck in space.
Speaker 4: They were supposed to be there for ten days, Graham, I think eight days, eight jas.
Speaker 1: It was a pretty short trip they're supposed to go on. It's been weeks. It's been months. It's now been what sixty something days. I think they've been up there more.
Speaker 4: I lost track.
Speaker 1: I don't even be a long time.
Speaker 2: I just know that supposedly they may not be able to return until February of twenty twenty five. So because people are just naturally gross, like people online and are.
Speaker 4: Like, well, could they like hook up if they wanted to in space to pass the time.
Speaker 2: So experts I have weighed in and they say, while it's possible, technically it's not like it's an easy thing to do, because there's just a lot of logistical issues that would happen.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about what those are. Because humans are sick and we've overcome all obstacles to continue engaging and gross.
Speaker 4: All right, listen to this, they said. Quote.
Speaker 2: The issues surrounding the act all revolve around the free fall micro gravity environment experienced by astronauts. Basically, every push or thrust will propel you in the opposite direction. Yeah, even the lightest touch can make it difficult to stay in contact with that other person if you're not properly anchored, like to the space station.
Speaker 1: Well, somebody will figure out a way to anchor themselves down and they'll hold on to a wall or whatever.
Speaker 2: They say. It's also difficult to get your loins ablaze while you're in outer space because blood rises to your head instead of the other direction. Because of the microgravity, that won't.
Speaker 1: Be a problem. Trust me, you guys will figure that one out.
Speaker 2: Well, what about this, and because of the low blood pressure, it causes men to get a little shrivelly oh in their testosterone levels plummet.
Speaker 1: It's a right, it still happened. Look, the International Space Station's been up there bobbing around Earth for decades. Right, it's been up there for a long time, and you get astronauts from different countries that go there and stay there for extended periods of time. You mean to tell me that you don't think they're getting busy up there?
Speaker 9: They are one you think so you know you would try it if.
Speaker 4: You went up to space.
Speaker 1: You're up there. Some guy just got back. He was up there for over a year. You don't think he in a year a guy Selena. You don't think he found some other astronaut. I don't some Russian cosmonauts like, hey, get over there, let's get busy. It happens. People are trying to do it on domestic flights here. That's not even space. They get up to space, they're stuck up there. Okay, that's an hour.
Speaker 4: Try is one thing.
Speaker 2: Have they tried? I'm sure they have. Have they successfully been able to do it?
Speaker 6: That's personal?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also say it's really gross, like any droplet of sweat or whatever, it's just going to be floating around in the cabin.
Speaker 1: Zero gravity would be weird.
Speaker 4: That would be so weird.
Speaker 1: Ultimate mile High Club, Yeah, fifty miles high whatever it is, it's the ultimate. You know, it's happened, it's been a success. It's just different than here on Earth where there's gravity.
Speaker 2: Why are people softing like it's not like these astronauts that are up there, it's not like they're a couple or anything.
Speaker 4: Why is the first thing people think of it?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, well loose?
Speaker 4: They gook up like, why are people so gross?
Speaker 1: Well, that's just what we are. And I think those these two astrasts, while they are male and female, I think they have significant others and are married. I don't think that that's the thing, but I know that's what I thought. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Plus there's the diaper issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the space diapers. I thought that was going to be your number one hurdles space.
Speaker 2: You didn't even consider that in this report. Yeah, kind of taken aback. That should be number one. It's like a complete barrier there.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they figured out how to make it like a toilet on the International Space Station that you can use, then they figured out how to do it in space, Like come on, yeah, you figured that part out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I guess so. But about the.
Speaker 1: Shrivelling part, we're willing to overlook that.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's like not functioning.
Speaker 1: It's still functioning.
Speaker 4: It seems like the biggest issue here.
Speaker 1: I like, who are these experts that wrote this article? Like they went up there and we're like, man, I was going to use this thing, but so shriveled up.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, all right, next.
Speaker 2: In the JV Show, remember those way more cars that were like glitching and honking at each other. Supposedly way most fixed the issue. We'll talk about that next time. You want to bring on listener Stephanie Yes Graham to talk about something pretty and yeah, we'll do all that next year on Wildney for nine.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 3: And it's a Friday.
Speaker 1: I just want to wish you guys a happy Friday, a good weekend.
Speaker 3: It a somber Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a good day. Say hi to you, mama? What bye?
Speaker 6: What definitely heard a fart during that time?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 1: Yes? I definitely heard one in there. And he was the guy that said we had analyzed one of his talkbacks before, right, I denied, But if you go back and podcast the show this morning and listen to that talkback, because I definitely heard something in then.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to do some more investigative work. We're gonna have to go back to that. Right now, let's go to the phones. We have Stephanie on the line. Good morning, Stephanie, Bye, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 2: Graham tells me that you have something very important that we need to let the entire Bay area know about.
Speaker 9: Yes, absolutely, thank you so much for letting me make this announcement. So, Saturday, August seventeenth, from nine o'clock am to eleven o'clock AM at Saint James Park, we will be having the first ever event fetanyl awareness event that San Jose has been a part of. It is in honor of National Fetanyl Prevention and Awareness Day. We're going to have seven organizations there with booth, canopies, speakers. I have Mayor Matt Mahon who will be speaking, the San Jose Chief of Police, San Jose.
Speaker 3: Fire Chief of Fire we'll be there as well.
Speaker 9: We'll have free NARCAN training as supervisor Cindy Chavez, and then myself along with other moms who have lost our children due to fetanyl poisoning.
Speaker 3: We'll be sharing our stories.
Speaker 9: I'm going to have an open Mic, We're expecting tons of people will have resources out there, people to hear our stories, to educate their children, adults, people of all ages. Yes, it's going to be I'm very overwhelmed with the amount of support I was given from all community leaders members surrounding cities. We have people from Pacifica coming down, from Gilroy coming up.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a huge event.
Speaker 9: And I'm already getting asked to come back in twenty twenty five to do a second one.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome, Stephanie. This is I mean, I mean, you know, I mean, now more than ever, this is such an important, important thing that needs to be heard and have more awareness raised about it and NARCAN training, I mean, is so so valuable as more and more cities are finally like waking up and like hey, yeah, we need to make this available on hands everywhere everywhere. I mean, do you want to I don't want to like put you on the spot. Do you want to just quickly? I mean you mentioned that you have lost, you know, child to this. I don't want to like make you, you know, talk about it, and we don't have a ton of time, but I you know, I know this is obviously really near and dear to your heart because of this.
Speaker 9: Yes, absolutely, I grew up in San Jose, born and raised there. It's my hometown. It's close to my heart. My entire family lives there. They have children, have nieces and nephews, people that are really close to me. My son passed November sixteenth, twenty twenty, in Gilroy, California. Actually, we were living in San Jose at the time, and for the first three years it was super hard for me. I couldn't speak. Even trying to tell you his name. Saying his name out loud was really hard for me. And a year ago in Orange County, they were putting on an event of Fentel Solutions and it kind of just struck the match underneath me because my family up there in the Bay. They said, well, we can make it down to the southern California, but can we do something here to support the cause, And they were not putting on any big events like this one, so I just.
Speaker 3: Thought, well, maybe I should try.
Speaker 9: To put one on my own, and that's where it kind of went from there. My son was only twenty years old when he passed. I have a second son who is now he'll be turning sixteen. So I when I hear people that say, what's fetanyl? Well, what is that? Well you can tell by looking at a pill if it's fake or not. And I have a lot of coworkers I work for a company up in the Bay, and they were unaware of the dangers, the risk narcan.
Speaker 3: How do you even use it? Where do I even get narcan?
Speaker 9: So it just makes me realize there's so much more work to do, so many people that need to be educated, so many different topics that need to be covered in avenues, and there's now people that are addicted to fetanyl.
Speaker 3: Son was not an addict himself.
Speaker 9: He did experiment, He did like to smoke weed and you know, different things.
Speaker 3: I just it's been rough and it continues to be rough. But I'd rather get up there.
Speaker 9: And you know, if it does take me a minute to get see the story, sometimes I start crying, of course, and you know that's okay. I'm now telling myself it's okay, it's okay if I'm crying, Just take my time, get the story out. Because if it could just say one kid, one person's life, educate someone on it. There's a lot of stigma around it. A lot of people embarrassed or a shame to say they lost a loved one due to fentanyl, and there should be no embarrassment. I'm in recovery myself, and I was embarrassed to share my son's story because I thought everyone was going to say, oh, well, it was just oh an addicts kid. He was probably an addict too. Whether he was or wasn't, that doesn't matter. He was a human being and he was loved, right, And so yeah, I'm just trying to do what I can going forward.
Speaker 3: Again. San Jose's close to my heart.
Speaker 9: I know my son would want me to, you know, continue to share his story, the circumstances around it, and just you know, preventing this going forward and doing as much as I can right now.
Speaker 4: Stephanie, it's great what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much. I mean again, Okay, So Fentanyl Awareness and Safety event this is tomorrow. It's at Saint James Park in San Jose. It's from nine to eleven. It's I mean, we can't stress the importance of this enough. And Stephanie, thank you for everything that you're doing to raise awareness about this. If we're going to post the flyer on our Instagram JV Morning Show if you want to go get the details there and then hopefully this is a successful event that becomes a very successful annual event and saves more lives.
Speaker 3: Thanks Stephanie, thank you so much, God bless you.
Speaker 2: Of course, right back at your steph hang on, I mean we'll talctu later. I mean, you know what I mean, Stephanie. Okay, you have a great day. By Stephanie of course.
Speaker 4: Really quick.
Speaker 2: I did want to talk about the big Waymo story of the week. Those cars were glitching in a parking lot here in the city. If you missed that. This is like a parking lot where they go between rides like overnight.
Speaker 4: And things like that. A lot of them and what they do.
Speaker 2: They file in one by one and then they try to like back into their parking spots, but they can't because there's another Waymo car there, so they start honking at each other. Weaimo says that they've fixed the issue. They said this was actually caused by something that they had implemented back in January to help avoid low speed collisions, so like they would honk if another car is backing up in front of them, like at a slow rate.
Speaker 1: Of st to warn someone.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So that's what that was. But they say that they have fixed the issue. That's I mean, that's all we know that they've just like updated it.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: So isn't scary that they're updating self driving protocols in real time as problems arise.
Speaker 6: I mean, I get this one.
Speaker 1: This one's more comical because look, there are way more cars are honking each other trying to park. But that means that there are other instances and circumstances that they haven't fully You know, there are scenarios that could play out where we're now not going to know what to do, and then they're gonna be like, oh, rhyme into that group of kids playing in the street. It should have swerved over here. We'll fix that. Let's just go in there and we'll we'll program that out like.
Speaker 4: Send it an update. No big deal.
Speaker 1: It's just a reminder that, as you know, as exciting as this self driving stuff is, like you see the videos like wow, this thing drivingself is cool, just a reminder that we're all being part of a big experiment.
Speaker 6: This is being experimented on.
Speaker 7: Us, right, And it all makes sense now because one of them honked at me once and I was like, did the WAYMO just honk at me? I didn't even know that they could, but it was honking at me. But I couldn't go But no, I didn't. I should have, but honked it.
Speaker 4: You you can go at like at a light, at a light.
Speaker 7: But I was making a turn and I couldn't turn because people were crossing the street and it was behind me and it was honking at me, and.
Speaker 4: I, oh, I was raious. Oh my god, honest.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows and the most talked about stories happening today.
Speaker 7: In the Bay and trending is sponsored by MENSI needs visit mensie Sleepworld for the Labor Day sales event or visit sleepworld dot com.
Speaker 2: So first look at Travis Kelcey acting. We talked about making his acting debut on a new show from Ryan Murphy called Grotesque Gree It's set to come out September twenty fifth, a little over a month from now on FX and the first trailer for the show just dropped. You can see it now on our Instagram story JB Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Make sure you follow us the show actually looks really good.
Speaker 2: It's very American Horror Story esque, which I think we all expected. It's from the same person, Ryan Murphy. But I just can't take Travis kelcey serious.
Speaker 4: The same thing.
Speaker 2: When Kim K made hurt, you know, acting debut in American Horror Story. You watch it and all you're thinking is Kim K the celebrity or Travis kelce Taylor's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: That's I just can't get past that.
Speaker 6: There are some people even there.
Speaker 1: There are even actors that you see and then they try to play somebody else, like a historical figure or something, but all you can see is that actor. Yeah, it doesn't, it can't. It's hard to detect not working for me. Yea's just not I think it can work for me.
Speaker 4: No, But if.
Speaker 2: You want to go check out the trailer again, it's on our Instagram JB Morning Show.
Speaker 4: All Right, Usher's neck injury.
Speaker 2: He was supposed to kick off his Past Present Future tour on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Well that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Because during a rehearsal beforehand, he somehow suffered an injury, and so he postponed that first show hours before he was said to take the stage. People are not happy about that, but at least, like you know, the rest of the shows will go on this week, right, No, because yesterday he announced he's postponing those two. How did he hurt his neck that we don't know, but he was hoping that he would have like recouped enough to be able to go on stage, but his doctors have been advising against it. So he's been doing likes and physical therapy and going to all these medical treatments and just getting arrest and he's hoping he'll be back on stage by like next week. But as of now, those first shows are having to be rescheduled.
Speaker 6: And these are I I spaced and this is a tour or this is a residence.
Speaker 4: This is a tour.
Speaker 1: He's on tour and it's not We don't know anything about ticket sales. No, I haven't heard anything because we've seen a tours recently. I don't think we even talked about like the Fujis they tried to they canceled, the Friends started thing because poor ticket sales. Yeah, we saw j Loo's tour crash and burn. We saw Timberlake he got out on the tour, but you know he was off driving till his ticket sales were so bad. And you know what I mean, It's just like interesting time and time again with artists that you would assume would do just fine for you guys.
Speaker 4: Wow, you guys. Interesting theory.
Speaker 7: Maybe he got into like some sort of roller skating accident practicing before, because maybe he was gonna try to, like, you know, for the Super Bowl, he did roller skates.
Speaker 2: I just think he does that so often. There's no way he's like a professional roller skater at this point. There's no accidents. I was thinking maybe he just left wrong, which happens to all of us, and you get that crook on your neck and you can't turn older.
Speaker 1: There's something also about a lot of these these artists that whose tours aren't doing well.
Speaker 6: They're getting a little older.
Speaker 1: That's a little less relevant, more aches and pains.
Speaker 2: But I would go see Usher, sure I would too. But there's a lot of people who are not worth the money. You know, there's everything else is expensive. If it's Usher tickets or I don't know, groceries, I'm gonna buy food.
Speaker 1: You know. There's just been a bunch of artists that you would assume you could sell and they don't that is interesting.
Speaker 4: All right, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 1: All right? The baffling bevy of Boeing bizarreness has continued in this mystery with the JV Show twenty twenty four. Investigative news US have dubbed the Boeing Unknowing and this week's incidents come to us from right here at SFO, where a lot of these incidents seem to happen. Well. Multiple flights had to be canceled or diverted this week, and they were all Boeing planes. On Tuesday, United Airlines Boeing seven seventy seven from SFO to Rome had to be diverted and land in Sacramento over a mechanical issue. That's never a good thing because that means it's part of the plane that's helping and keep it in the air. We don't like that. One hundred and forty eight passengers on board that flight. Luckily they landed safely without incident. I think they had to come back to SFO, try that again and fly to Rome the next day. Unfortunately that flight had to be diverted. Yeah as well. Now, look this one wasn't That one wasn't Boeing's fault. They say a passenger on board had some sort of medical emergency, so that plane was forced to land in Canada. Okay, let's try this again. Take three, Let's get all these people that want to go to Rome. Let's do it again. Oh, the next day's flight had to get canceled. That I'm not an issue with the plane, just more of a staffing issue with United Airlines. They weren't able to now They've got sort of backed up and too many passengers and not enough pilots the end planes, and so they had to cancel one of those flights. A lot of people, some of them made it yesterday on board one of these flights to Rome. But there are still people that have not yet made it because their flight got canceled. But some of that Boeing's fault. Maybe other of that though, just the curse of Boeing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's bowing, we way going less. It's somewhere nice like And then I gotta.
Speaker 1: Go the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, The JV Show.
Speaker 2: I'm Selena and I'm just happy Guiday.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Javo.
Speaker 1: Man, it is Friday, and hopefully someone's gonna drink the chug that today have a great one. That's right, it's Chug Wheel Day.
Speaker 2: So eight twenty we played another game called the chug will will give you a chance to play.
Speaker 4: If you win, you get a chug mug.
Speaker 2: And then one of us got during some nasties where it's not our favorite game, but it's fun for you listening, right, But right now.
Speaker 4: We're playing what the bleep?
Speaker 2: You also have the opportunity now to win a chug mug. You just got to be the very first person a guest. Today's bleeped out word, as always leave your guests is on the talkback Mike on the Free iHeartRadio app. Are you guys ready for today's clip?
Speaker 1: Sure? We were on this really long hike. I sped way up, I got ahead of the group. I went off the trail into the bushes, and I actually took a Nobody knew that I did it.
Speaker 4: Ew, you're so gross.
Speaker 6: In front of everyone.
Speaker 4: You sit. Yeah, you guys are so disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's the woods. It's a save space.
Speaker 4: I suppose, all.
Speaker 1: Right, think about what that bleeping out word could be. It's probably not what you think it is, because this is a family show.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, something clean.
Speaker 6: Something clean.
Speaker 1: Then leave us that guess on the talkback mike. You know how this works. Although there are people out there that have still not yet hit that button. Are they scared? Just hit the talkback button, It's really crazy. Then just leave us your name, your city, and then your guests. You gotta be the first crrec cancel of the morning to win that JV show.
Speaker 4: Chugmunk, that's right, get those guesses in now is We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Play some of them next The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, base.
Speaker 2: Number one hit music station, The JV Show. I'm Selina Graham and I'm Jess. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. Happy Friday. We're playing what the Bleep? Where you can win a JV show. Chug Mug just got to be the very first person to guess today's a bleeped out word. As always, leave your guest is on the talkback mic on that free iHeartRadio app. Case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip.
Speaker 1: We were on this really long hike. I sped way up, I got ahead of the group. I went off the trail into the bushes and I actually took a Nobody knew that I did it.
Speaker 4: What is wrong with you? That's gross?
Speaker 6: You guys never done that before, by the way.
Speaker 4: No never, No, wait, what is it? This is a family show.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but okay, so so it's not that. But if you ever gone no backpacking or hiking move? Uh huh do that out doors?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: Not what I'm doing?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Like I said, this is a family show. So the word is always something clean. Okay, so let's.
Speaker 4: Keep your guesses clean. You say, goes, let's go through some guesses now, a happy Friday, baby room. This is shot from Martinez. My guess is the bleepot.
Speaker 3: Word is break.
Speaker 9: He took a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, break, take a break. A lot of people guessing that that's that's not a bad idea on a hike. You got to get ahead of the group. And then you act like this is not bothering me at all. I don't know why you guys are all out of breath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were just sitting there resting.
Speaker 1: Good morning, So happy Friday. This is my guest today is shortcut.
Speaker 4: A short cut.
Speaker 1: Oh that's another very popular guest this morning, and take a short that.
Speaker 9: Hello, this is you Senna from San Andre and my guess for the bleep dot word is face plant.
Speaker 1: I would love to see that everyone who amongs Eus hasn't fallen on a hike before. Sometimes the grounds a little slippery, all.
Speaker 4: Right, continue to leave those guesses on the top.
Speaker 2: Back Mike on the Free iHeart Radio appleway more than coming up.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, the Babes number.
Speaker 7: One hit music station on a Friday, every Friday.
Speaker 4: The JV Show.
Speaker 2: Here, I'm Selena and I'm Jas. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We're playing what the bleep? Hopefully we can get somebody a chug mug today.
Speaker 4: We play this game every weekday seven oh five.
Speaker 2: You want to be here when the game starts because you've a better chance of winning, because the whole point is you want to be the first person to guess the bleeped out word of the day. Now, in case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip.
Speaker 1: We were on this really long hike. I sped way up, I got ahead of the group. I went off the trail into the bushes and I actually took a Nobody knew that I did it.
Speaker 4: Just remember this is a family show.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that word, that word does something clean.
Speaker 4: We promise. Let's keep your guesses clean.
Speaker 2: Leave your guesses on the talk back Mike on the eyeart app. Let's go through some now.
Speaker 4: Show people want.
Speaker 11: I'm really sty and I guess he's.
Speaker 1: Of alcohol.
Speaker 11: Alcohol or maybe drink of alcohol.
Speaker 4: Thanks, people know you well. I don't think I ever.
Speaker 1: I don't think I drinking hike. But I would have believed that a lot. But I don't. I don't know that I ever pack alcohol water.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, drinking on a hike doesn't sound very fun.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 11: Hi, this is Natalie and gay and reaping and ran from ing City, and we think their breaking out word is a blood trail.
Speaker 1: I use that code first, I think, yes, I think that's what I'm I love that great great guess.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, it's his Almo from chest Street and amble out work is humble there and.
Speaker 1: Take a tumble shitty gram am. I ned you Elmo from Sesame Street. Check it in this morning. Thank you, Elma. I just checked you guys. JV show number one on Sesame Street right now, number one. You Yeah, I appreciate you, Elmo. Good morning, JV show, Happy Friday. I think the weep that word today is selfie. I don't know why that's so gross, but have a good one. It's gross because I don't want to be caught taking one.
Speaker 4: You're right, you don't take selfie, Graham.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big selfie ta.
Speaker 4: Here's today's clip. Unbelieved.
Speaker 1: We were on this really long hike. I sped way up, I got ahead of the group, I went off the trail into the bushes, and I actually took a selfie. Nobody knew that I did it. Wow, it's very very rare for me to do something. You didn't post it, No, no, no, no, didn't happen that.
Speaker 4: We don't believe you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give some shout outs to you guys. Unfortunately I can't shout out who that winner. Just was they indsay of their name or the city? Right, So like you don't want to wrap your city, fine, you don't want to run yourself?
Speaker 6: How am I supposed to show you out?
Speaker 1: So dude, some dude one this morning, shout out to you, dude, and grats dude. All right, a lot of people came with the correct answer this morning, so I am going to shout out them because they followed the assignment. They got the correct answer. They weren't fast enough, but they left their name in their city. So shout out to Mikayla in Lathrop, what's up?
Speaker 6: Michaelo set up?
Speaker 1: Drew and Modesto had it. So did our buddy Victor in San Jose. Kira in Windsor had it. So did Christine in Stockton. Rebecca and Sonia and Conquered.
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 6: Rebecca and Sonya?
Speaker 1: They had it. Vincent, Olivia and Dublin had it. So did Katrina and Martinez. Our buddy Danny and Heyward, what's up? Danny? Happy Friday?
Speaker 6: Amy and Marlow, the Wonder Dog and San.
Speaker 1: Leandro had it. Who do you think came up with the correct answered the Dog?
Speaker 4: I wonder No, Yeah, obviously that's.
Speaker 1: The brains outfit. Tiffany and Clayton had it. So did Kristin and Valleo, our buddy Ben and Dublin, Paul and San Leandro, what's up? Paul and Natalie and Martinez, amongst a few other people. I can't really read my handwrite this morning.
Speaker 6: Got it correct. They weren't quite fast enough, but I feel like they're fast.
Speaker 1: Enough on Monday morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well play.
Speaker 4: Again, Thank you, for playing. Dude, whoever you are, check your emails so we can reach out to you and get you that chug mug.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Four nine The JV Show commercial three Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: We are going to get to the JV Show. You have Nope game. Cut the music.
Speaker 2: Cut the music music guys, Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 4: Weladandy for nine.
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: Who is this?
Speaker 5: Hi? This is Michelle.
Speaker 2: Hi, Michelle, Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: How's it going?
Speaker 2: That's Friday?
Speaker 4: It's going well?
Speaker 2: Goody, So I know how that is.
Speaker 4: I feel you, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Final day of summer, I know.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's get you hopefully hooked up with this chrome book. You're gonna play the JV Show. You have Nope game. We're going to ask you for tribute questions three corrects, and the chromebook is yours?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let's get to it. Question number one.
Speaker 2: One of the symptoms of jaundice is your skin turning?
Speaker 4: What color?
Speaker 2: Yellow?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You ever had any of your kids?
Speaker 5: Have that?
Speaker 1: Selena common when my sister turned right yellow? Okay, you just stick them under a lamp or something, don't they?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, yeah, little baby? All right, Question number two, the gaucho is the mascot for what California University?
Speaker 4: Oh, my god, in southern California.
Speaker 1: Gauchos, oh le gauchose gouchos.
Speaker 5: Take a guess?
Speaker 6: Just name a school party school.
Speaker 1: That's the Aztecs, I think, said Santa Barbara.
Speaker 4: She said it.
Speaker 6: After she said she said it, I don't know about that. Yes, you see, santamar.
Speaker 2: The ladies got your back. Question number three, fermenting and distilling sugarcane is how what type of heart alcohol is made?
Speaker 5: And sugar?
Speaker 3: I don't drink.
Speaker 5: I don't know this one.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, guess.
Speaker 1: Take a guess what kind of hard alcohol you think is from sugarcane?
Speaker 4: Sugarcane?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tequila, that's a gobb.
Speaker 4: The correct answer is rum.
Speaker 2: Rum.
Speaker 1: It's National Rum Day today.
Speaker 6: Also for you rum fans out there, enjoy some rum.
Speaker 2: Today for sure.
Speaker 6: A light Question number four.
Speaker 1: I think you need this one because the ladies gave you the other one. All right, Question number four what team one? What team won last year's Super Bowl in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Oh, we have to go there, we know, I know.
Speaker 1: Too soon.
Speaker 4: That question you did it. You just got a.
Speaker 5: Congrats Oh my god, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Congratulation if it was for you every daughter. What's your daughter's name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Marina and she just started college.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is going to come in Andy perfect.
Speaker 2: All right, Michelle, thanks so much for being on and put you on hold and we'll get.
Speaker 4: You that chromebook. Okay, all right, cool sank, no problem, hang on.
Speaker 6: Out, Goucho, shout out to all the gouch out there. We have some gutch pants right.
Speaker 1: Uh no, there it's an Argentinian cowboy. You get your facts straight? All right, Yes, we do have some shout outs. My dms are alive now that school's back in session. I got one, says good morning. JV show familiar requested, if possible, a happy birthday shout out to k Bug, who's turning ten years old. We're extremely proud of the young man you are becoming and all your accomplishments thus far. Continue being the kid, being the kind excuse me, confident kid you are, and the kid you are keep being reaching high.
Speaker 6: I'm not quite shutting it out. Well, do you want me to read a sentence? Says they wrote it.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. We love you from mom, dad and the pups. So happy birthday. Hey buy who the fuck another DM? Here, It says Hey Graham, hoping to get a shout out for my husband Sean. He's a stand up comedian and magician here in the Bay Area. He's going to be performing this month at the Fringe Festival in San Francisco and is filming his very first special, so he's a little nervous but hoping for a good turnout. He asked me to help him get the word out. Anyways, August seventeenth, that's tomorrow, everybody. The twenty fourth and the twenty fifth are his show dates. You can get info and see where to buy tickets on his instagram at the Sean Francisco. Shawn S e a n at the Sean Francisco and thanks. That's from Beck. So if you want to see some funny comedy and some magic at the Fringe Festival in San Francisco.
Speaker 6: That's super super cool check out his instagram.
Speaker 1: But more importantly, nope, wrong one, wrong one, wrong one, and then one more DM. Hey Graham, sister in your DM's sister in your DMS.
Speaker 6: All right, Tomorrow the sixteenth, that's today is my.
Speaker 1: Sister's thirtieth birthday, and I want to wish our a very happy birthday. My siblings listening to you guys every day commuting from Mantica to sam Mateo to get to work. Wow, they love you, guys. I want to say happy birthday, Ruu. I want you to know that I will always be here for you and I'm very thankful to have you as my sister. But I regret to inform you that your twenties have now officially expired. Have an amazing day, and that's from Usenia. So happy happy birthday. Yeah, something like that. Honest.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the bay.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a lot to unpack here. I have more details on how Matthew Perry was illegally supplied with ketymine, with the kenymine excuse me, that contributed to his death. So, like I told you yesterday, at the time of his death, Matthew Perry had the same levels of ketemine in the system as someone undergoing surgery. That's what caused him to lose consciousness in that hot tub and then to ultimately drown.
Speaker 4: So how was he getting it.
Speaker 2: That was a big question, and major headlines yesterday that multiple people have been arrested in connection with this. So two doctors Matthews live in assistant, and then a couple of dealers. So here's how it all went down. Back in September, this doctor learns that Matthew Perry wanted some ketamine, so he reached out to another doctor who owned a kenymine clinic, and they started discussing how much they should charge Matthew Perry, you know, being the celebrity and all. There are actual text messages that read, I wonder how much this moron will pay? Let's find out.
Speaker 4: So they started.
Speaker 1: Providing all the money. Yeah, always, everything in this world comes back to greed.
Speaker 2: So they started providing ketymine to Matthew Perry, and they even taught his living assistant how to inject him with it.
Speaker 1: But that person under the guys that it's therapeutic because kenymine is used right to treat people for stuff. So is that person is the assistant thinking I'm helping this person medically, that I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what I mean, I know exactly what you mean, that I don't know what he was told. But there's if I'm the assistant, There's no way I could think that I'm getting we're paying cash for this, and I'm we're getting it under the table, and I'm the one with.
Speaker 4: No medical history whatsoever. I'm the one injecting you.
Speaker 1: Was injecting my wife with IVY IVF medications. I've got no business operating a needle that large. You should have seen this, But.
Speaker 4: Can iv I don't know much about IVF. Can those be fatal.
Speaker 1: If there's an air bubble in the needle or whatever? Of course, Okay, can you hit a vein? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I get that. Well, I mean, kenemine is very dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So he has his living assistant injecting him with it. He was the one doing it even the day that he that he passed away. Then in October, it's now the next month. The doctor who was, you know, the one that was getting it to Matthew Perry needed another source of kedemine, So he reaches out to somebody else, who then reaches out to someone known on the streets as the Kenymine Queen.
Speaker 4: Her name is Jasmine Sunga.
Speaker 2: Ultimately she provided the kedemene that led to his death on that day in October, and people have been doing some digging and she was like obsessed with like mobs and mafia's even ran like a superfan website.
Speaker 4: So I guess it is very weird.
Speaker 1: So there's an entire The weirdest part is that a doctor is going to someone off the street to get this, yeah medication. We can use some quotes air quotes there.
Speaker 2: Yes, so there's a whole indictment that is currently happening. Here's what the US attorney said at a news conference.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: They knew what they were doing or sorry, they knew what they were doing was wrong. They knew what they were doing was risking great danger to mister Perry, but they did it anyways. And in the end, these defendants were more interested in profiting off of mister Perry than caring for his well being. Yeah, clearly, So they're hoping to have all of them indicted.
Speaker 6: Clearly, those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are getting the money off it, just looking to and probably charged an insane price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he paid like fifty five thousand dollars cash in one month.
Speaker 1: Dude, when I get it, I pay like twenty bucks to the guy behind us. Stop the best Buy. There's an alley way back there. I meet him on Thursdays. Never mind. Yeah, I mean, can you imagine the assistant I feel like, is the one put in the toughest spot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: They didn't set out to to harm him, and now they've got this on their conscience because they're the one that injected him and it led to his death. I feel like, you have to know a boss is telling you to do this. I feel I feel bad for that person. They weren't trying to scheme money out of this and do something or do something nefarious, you know, But you have to like put your if we have.
Speaker 2: A boss here, if our boss is like, hey, Selena, I need you to inject me with this, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna be like, no, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when you're somebody's living assistant, your relationship is different. I don't know, Like again, I hit my I stuck my wife with a needle. I don't know. I've probably done it seven hundred times, you know, and all the different field rounds of IVF that we went through, you know, and like it's hard to give yourself an injection. It is. It's tough. Someone else can do it, so you need someone else to do it. I don't know. Matthew Perry didn't have us, you know, a spouse there, you're living assistant again. They should have known better and they should have said no, I'm worried about your health and that.
Speaker 4: I get what you're saying. And it's like they're.
Speaker 1: Putting in the toughest spot and the doctors is where they should go to prison.
Speaker 2: See, but I feel like the assistant is also going to go down for a long time because he was the one. Although it's he was a tough spot that he was put into, but he was the one injecting him multiple times the day he died. You know, he had like a crazy amount of academy in his system.
Speaker 1: But if they think, if they think a doctor gave me this to give to him, it's okay. I'm just wanting. I'm saying doctors should go to prison and the medical licenses should be revoked permanently there.
Speaker 2: And there's an investigation from the medical board currently you know that they're being probed as well. Right as of now, their licenses are still active. But I don't see that should make a thing much longer. Graham what do you have in trending.
Speaker 1: Holy housing prices. For the first time ever in the United States, the median home price for a metro area has top two million dollars, and unfortunately it's here in the Bay Area. According to the National Association of Realtors, the sales a metropolitan area is now over two million dollars for a median home price two million, eight thousand to be exact. Now we know the Sano metro area includes areas of Santa Clara and Sunny Vale, where home prices are incredibly expensive. I think Santa Clara as a city had already gone over the as a counting excuse me had already gone over the median home price of two million dollars. Again, meeting does not mean the average home price. It means half the houses for sale in the San Jose metro area under two million, the other half over two million. But this is the first time they tracked this kind of data that it has happened. Not surprisingly, seven of the most ten expensive metro areas in the United States were in California, the San Francisco Oakland Hayward market. I like that they Why is Hayward get lumped into the San Francisco metro market aas just because the we don't want you in here. Heyward, Heyward could be its own could be its own area, right and Oakland could be its own are in service well anyways, the San Francisco Oakland Hayward market median home price one point four million. That's also one of the highest in the nations. Selena's on this list, you guys over one million slightly median home price, Salita. I think we talked about that the last time that he was up there like that.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to get something really depressing?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: My man is on FaceTime one his friends yesterday and because because he's like, Babe, you're not going to believe like this guy's house because we were talking about how expensive it is to live out here. So he facetimes his friend who lives in Georgia, and he's like, giving us a tour of the house. It's like six bedrooms, four bathrooms, pull hot to bar outside.
Speaker 1: Patio, personal butler.
Speaker 4: Probably I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to know how much he pays a month? How much twenty three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: In rent, mortgage in mortgage twenty three hundred dollars. Wow, you can't even get a studio. I know that, I know.
Speaker 4: Wow, this price, it's going to be very depressing.
Speaker 2: Next on the JV Show, there's a new way that women were able to see how tall somebody is based on pictures. So if you were on the dating apps, might I want to listen to this?
Speaker 1: It's next the JV Show on Wild ninety four, ninety.
Speaker 2: Four nine, the base number one hit music station, The JV Show, I'm Selena and I'm Jess. Before I get to this new way you can tell how tall somebody is based on their pictures.
Speaker 4: Ladies, you're gonna want to listen up to this.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was my daughter's first day of middle school. She's off to seventh grade. Yesterday, Graham on the air, you asked me, well, what is she wearing for the first day? And I kind of told you, guys her outfit. I was like, yeah, and she said she's gonna take her Stanley. She was so embarrassed that I said that that she left her Stanley cup in the car.
Speaker 4: She refused to take it as clean. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why I can't look. Middle school is one of those times where I don't care who your parents are, how cool you are, Selena, I don't think you're cool, but by mini metrics, a lot of people thinking pretty cool. But it doesn't matter how cool your parents are. You will at middle school age you are embarrassed of your parents. I don't care if your dad's James or you know what I mean. You could be the coolest person on the planet and everyone you're gonna be embarrassed of your parents.
Speaker 2: That would be mortified. If my mom was on the radio talking about what I'm wearing for.
Speaker 1: The first day of middle even imagine that I don't even know that I would show up. I would be so so I would be We used.
Speaker 6: To when we were in middle school.
Speaker 1: We used to make my dad drop us off several blocks away from middle school because his truck was so his work truck was so old. It had it was this little Toyota pick up. It had three hundred and thirty thousand miles on it or something, and in every it was falling apart. And my dad liked to drink soda, and so whenever you'd open the door, some cans would fall out the door, always without fail. It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 6: We would make him drop us off like a couple.
Speaker 1: Of times blocks away from red shout out Redwood Middle School and nap but we blocks away because we were just so. But it doesn't matter if my dad's I love my dad, he's one of the coolest people ever, but it doesn't you don't want to.
Speaker 2: By the way, my daughter Keana's takeaway. When I picked her up, she's like, she said that the kids are so bad. She's like, everybody cusses here except for her and her friends.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, that's right, right, Like her.
Speaker 4: Close friends and her they're like the only people that don't come anybody else. I believe her.
Speaker 1: Sure, all right.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, ladies.
Speaker 2: A new way that you could tell how tall somebody is based on pictures, you know, before the old fashioned way, you're having to like, let's say a guy is holding like, I don't know, like a Starbucks cup or whatever, and so you would have to go measure a Starbucks cup and then you you know, it's approximately yeah or whatever, and then you're like doing proportions and all this math. You'd be like, hey, you're actually five to three, not six two like you said in your profile. Starbucks cup's tall.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Somebody posted the girls are using chat GPTDC if men are lying about their height on dating apps, upload four pictures and it uses proportions and surroundings to estimate height.
Speaker 4: She said. I tested it on ten.
Speaker 2: Friends and family members and all estimates were within one inch of their real height.
Speaker 1: Dude, we should try this, I know.
Speaker 2: Let's try it and see our own chat GPT aka shoppy, We've made it chappion.
Speaker 4: It's easier to say chappy knows all.
Speaker 1: But if there are things that it can determine that are in the background or in you know, or in the foreground of a picture that it knows general size about, then it can extrapolate that and make a guess as to what you're having.
Speaker 6: Cool for us dudes on the dating after updated profiles.
Speaker 1: Real quick five to eleven? No, actually five, Yeah, you're gonna have to stretch out your picture maybe, in which case chat GBT is gonna be like this picture wills edited in the first place.
Speaker 6: Why lie? We talk about this all the time.
Speaker 1: Ladies do a different form of ladies, but you guys do your own falsehoods and lying on dating apps filters. Uh, you know, makeup, make up, push up broads.
Speaker 4: I mean, those are just things that we wear.
Speaker 1: I get it, but do you understand that, like guys at height is one of those things that, yeah, you're gonna bend the truth a little bit.
Speaker 6: They do it.
Speaker 4: I get it because you want, you feel like you need to stand a chance, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: But what I feel like the difference is that women aren't saying like, this is how I look without like this is how I look naturally the filter the filter pictures. But when you can see that I have makeup on, I'm not putting. I wouldn't put on on on a dating app. Oh I'm not bearing today. But the differences men are like choosing to lie about it.
Speaker 1: I think it's the filter. I think it's the filters. Take back the other stuff I said. I think it's the filters because that's not your face. It's just not it's so I can. Don't you think that's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's a little bit kind of your features.
Speaker 1: I mean there's an element of your features in there, smooth. You've seen some people that post pictures that are so filtered you would not recognize that person in real life.
Speaker 6: You would never know they're the same person.
Speaker 2: I mean, all the filter really does is you know, no doubt you know about your skin, no, no to know.
Speaker 1: They do more than that. They reshape your nose and your chin and all kinds of The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, get ready to.
Speaker 4: Play the JV Show Chug Wills.
Speaker 2: So this is our game where we're gonna we're about to bring on Janelle, who is collar twenty here. You know, let's just bring her on now, why don't we just do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hi, Janelle?
Speaker 2: Hi, how's it going.
Speaker 4: We're not doing so good. The possibility of myself in.
Speaker 1: A chug well stressed out.
Speaker 4: So here's how this game works, Jane.
Speaker 2: We sent Jess out on the streets and she asked a random person eight questions.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna go through each question one by one.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna stop between everyone and go to you, Janelle, And if you can kind of like predict what you think their answer is, then a point for you.
Speaker 4: You get four points. You won the game.
Speaker 2: We're gonna send you a JB Show chug mug, but that means that we lost. We're gonna draw names. One of us is gonna have to spin the chug wheel and chug something nasty.
Speaker 4: Graham, what are some things on the chug wheel?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: We have something called asparagus juice. I'm still not sure what that is. All of juice. I do know what that is, but not I don't want to chug it. Fish sauce, beer, tonic water, apple, cider, vinegar, olive oil, amongst a couple other not so pleasant things.
Speaker 2: And how are we doing? Because Cheti's not in today? Did we take her name out?
Speaker 6: So we have a.
Speaker 1: Removed So let's hope Janelle doesn't win, because otherwise you have a yeah, a more than three chances of getting drawn to know.
Speaker 4: This is the only time we're gonna root against you. It's not the personal.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, So let's see who just talked to I even beneath us.
Speaker 1: I'm from San Francisco. I was born here, pretty much raised here my whole life.
Speaker 4: Nice, allry, So you talk to Ivan?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 4: All right, Janelle, let's get right to it. Here's the first question.
Speaker 7: Have you ever been to a side show in the Bay Area?
Speaker 4: What do you think? Ivan said? Has he been to a side show or not?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have not.
Speaker 2: He has not. He is.
Speaker 4: No point for Janelle. There all these.
Speaker 1: Side shows, I still I don't know anyone that's been to one.
Speaker 2: I don't think really either.
Speaker 1: Yeah either. All right, all right, no point on that one, Janelle. Let's go to the next question.
Speaker 4: What is the best season?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: What do you think? What do you think? Ivan said? What's the best season?
Speaker 2: I want to say fall?
Speaker 4: All right, let's see what he said here in the Barria.
Speaker 1: Definitely not summer. It's not hot, it's still cold. I want to say maybe fall, because you get the Indian summers. No, correct, and that is the correct answer. Fall is the best season.
Speaker 4: I agree, all right.
Speaker 7: Next question, are you genuinely excited for the return of pumpkin spice lattes?
Speaker 4: What do you think I've been said?
Speaker 1: No, No, I can hate punkin everything, foul mouth.
Speaker 4: All this is going to be on the radio, guys.
Speaker 2: Let them be who they are.
Speaker 1: All right, Janelle, you've got two points two to go and one of us suspending. Let's go to the next question.
Speaker 7: Are you genuinely excited for the return of the NFL season?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 2: He said, yes, yes, mainly, yes, it's just heartbreaking with the Niners every year.
Speaker 4: It's just heartbreak out the heartbreak at heartbreak.
Speaker 1: Don't bring it up. We know we got it. Yes, he's excited for the NFL.
Speaker 4: Now you only need one more and you win the game.
Speaker 2: You're doing too good, you know.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: Next question, do you think that Australian breakd answer Reagan was just troll everyone to go viral?
Speaker 4: Yes or no? What do you think? I even't said yes or no.
Speaker 3: I want to say yes.
Speaker 4: I gotta say yes.
Speaker 1: That was that was horrible. I mean, give me a couple of shots. I could do better.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you want well that one quick?
Speaker 4: The rest of the questions.
Speaker 7: Nice, congratulations, I'm leaving right now.
Speaker 6: Thanks for ruining our Friday, Janelle.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put you on hold. We are going to send you a JB.
Speaker 2: Show chug mug A good job, although I don't really mean that, because one of us is going to have all right, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Now hang on there, Graham, do you want to draw a name right now?
Speaker 1: Here we go, you guys, here we go.
Speaker 6: I had to chuck last week, so I feel like.
Speaker 3: You got a good one.
Speaker 7: You got spicy tomatoes, So I think you need I know.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm really cheese.
Speaker 1: Name isn't in here? It's one and three are the names in here? I can't even find them.
Speaker 4: Hi, here we go, Please, my gosh.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 6: It starts with the Jay.
Speaker 1: It ends in the JV show on Wild ninety four nine. Just to let everybody know, Jess has spun the chug wheel if you weren't with us, and it landed on something called this asparagus juice. I just filled up a JV show chugmug with it. Why are there so many chunks in that?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Also, I spilled some of it and it got on my hand and it smells like athletes's foot.
Speaker 4: So grown.
Speaker 1: I was distracted by the stench.
Speaker 4: Of the music.
Speaker 1: A sparag goose juice from some guy's named Matt and Steve's. They make the a spare goose juice. All right, Jess about to chug.
Speaker 4: Just as a chug mug full of it. We are live on Instagram Jab Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Make sure you follow up this nastiness, all right, Jess, let it rip.
Speaker 1: Chug chug chug, chug, chug, chug chug chug.
Speaker 6: You don't get no trash. Can chug, come, chug faster?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? It's just some aspare goose juice?
Speaker 4: Oh god, so long.
Speaker 1: That's not what you want to hear it. You got to finish all the chunks.
Speaker 3: I'm literally dowing.
Speaker 6: What what are all the job there?
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe I don't know why the trunks are not that bad?
Speaker 7: But yeah, the smell there, it hit me.
Speaker 1: It smells like a foot, like a sweating.
Speaker 4: Here's my boyfriend after this?
Speaker 1: You can't Oh sorry, bro, sorry bro, that's disgusting my stomach.
Speaker 4: Right now, you guys, that was.
Speaker 1: I don't think one persons supposed to drink that much juice. Don't drink it at all. Also says this should have been refrigerated. It's been my desk for a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks. I'm sure it's fine. You'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 4: Good job?
Speaker 1: Going down the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 4: How's your stomach feeling? Just not good? It burns and I'm kind of burping like the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jess had to chug the juice from some kind of jar of pickles asparagus on this Morning's Chug. Will I don't know what that stuff is, but you're not supposed to drink it.
Speaker 4: I show it. It was there was Chuck.
Speaker 2: It was very Chunky's for nine, the base number one of music Station Happy Friday. Thank you so much for hanging out with.
Speaker 4: The JV Show. I'm Selina and I'm just oh my god.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see hawk Tua girl yesterday throughout the first pitch at the Mets game?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 4: Like? Why now?
Speaker 1: Why I saw that?
Speaker 4: What were they thinking?
Speaker 1: There were a lot of people kind of upset by it? Really well, you know, baseball games of family place. Mom, why is she throwing out the famous Why is she famous? Oh? Because she likes to dude? Yeah, I mean, don't you kind of understand. I'm it.
Speaker 4: You know, I can see some people being like bothered, like why.
Speaker 1: Is she here, like throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game? Miss something. It's kind of an honor, you know, and a lot of times it goes to people that are doing great things in the community, not somebody that's just while she is doing great things.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't even understand the Mets asking her, especially.
Speaker 7: After the clout from all of that has already kind of worked on.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean, Like, it's a little too late for that.
Speaker 3: In mine.
Speaker 1: We told her to go away, right, we're done with her? He did he tell her again?
Speaker 3: Graham?
Speaker 1: What was the What was the crowd reaction where people excited like, oh my god, hawk to a girl, or they like, oh yeah, we get go away.
Speaker 4: I think it was more of a mixed people. Not really. I think most people feel like we do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like, why we're done with you talk to a girl? Go away?
Speaker 2: Did they announce her just as Haley Welch?
Speaker 4: Because if I hear.
Speaker 7: That name, I wouldn't automatically think, oh, that's Hawk to a girl.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear that part, but I know that when she does, like you know how like country artists have been like bringing her on stage, they'll they'll yeah, they'll bring her out as Haley, and people are.
Speaker 4: Like, no, the hell is Haley?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: And then we know not that anyone cares.
Speaker 1: Your average person may know, but they don't.
Speaker 4: Know Hailey Welch actual name. Yeah, all right, Graham, what do you have.
Speaker 1: Remember when I told you guys a while back, the AI is coming for all your jobs. Yes, it's happening. The dentist's office in San Jose has become the first in the nation to employ a robot dental assistant. This robot it's called Yomi, and Yomi basically assists. It's like the dentist has another arm.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: They say, the dentist's hand needs to be on it. But Yomi has a drill at the end of its arm, and it knows the precise angle to drill at and the pressure and the right you know, in the exact right spot. And they say, look, it's it's going to decrease the amount of times you got to come to the dentist because Yomi's going to get it right, you know, and really do a great job. But at the same time, seeing the writing on the wall that this thing is going to be doing the whole appointment pretty soon and the not so distant future.
Speaker 6: Is anyone else noticing that?
Speaker 1: But this dentist office Pantudental Group in San Jose, the first in the nation to incorporate dental robot technology, doesn't need to have a human dental assistant anymore. Just this robotic arm is the third helping hand. Again, that robotic arm has a drill at the end of it, and can help perform several different procedures. Again, this is just the start. I we all think AI's cool and self driving and chatchy BT can answer your questions.
Speaker 6: But this thing's coming for all your life all of that.
Speaker 2: Would you guys be okay with it if they only brought it out, like in case they were understaffed or something like that, someone is sick, can't come in, they need another assistant.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's just bring out.
Speaker 2: You know, Roby, the robot not to work on my mouth. Well yeah, but I mean, like, would that make you feel better, Graham? Because of course I don't want technology coming in and now we're all unemployed.
Speaker 1: That's what's happening. The writing's on the wall. But there's I have.
Speaker 4: But if it was just like a backup plan, well, I have.
Speaker 1: Kind of mixed feelings about this because it will become more commonplace. It is coming becoming more commonplace in all sorts of medical procedures. Surgeries are going to be performed by a dental procedures. Obviously, we're talking about it right now. I mean they're not using it. It's not fully autonomously doing it itself, but it will be in the future. Look, does it have the potential, you know, to diagnose, treat, and operate more accurately than a human probably does. Right, Yeah, it's going to be more precise. It's not gonna have a human hand that you know, stayed up late drinking with its buddies the night before. You know, it's gonna be perfectly steady. And as it gets better and better, you are going to get more. You could get more accurate dental work, let's say, and better and less painful. But at what. But then on the flip side, your local neighborhood dentis done to have a job, and neither does anyone in the office and the dental assistance and stuff like that, the people that clean your teeth, because the robots can be able to do that.
Speaker 6: So pick your poison.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: By the way, I went to the dentists this week, and the whole time, I'm just praying they don't recognize.
Speaker 4: Me from the.
Speaker 1: Why because you haven't.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's exactly why.
Speaker 6: Everybody knows. A couple of weeks leading up to her appointment, you.
Speaker 1: Floss like crazy.
Speaker 6: Well, I beat those gums up and I started a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, and then there was days where I'm like, I just not I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine nine.
Speaker 2: Bay, number one hit music station, The JV Show, I'm Selena.
Speaker 1: I'm Graham And did just just have to run to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: No, she ran to get some water.
Speaker 2: She said her stomach is still on fire from having the chug theracuse.
Speaker 4: So I was like, go grab some water. We're just gonna start trending. But sure, you're some water. She's back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm struggling.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift taking a shot at Kanye West. So remember when she dropped her album The Tortured Poet's Department. There was a song on there called thank You Amy, and it was all about Kim K being a bully to her. And we knew it was about Kim because thank You Amy Amy spelled a I, M, E E. But the K and the I and the M and the title we're capitalized spelling out Kim. Well, Taylor Swift Jess dropped a new live version of that same song but she changed the title of it, still called Thank You Amy, but instead now the Y and the E are capitalized for yay.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 4: I like what she did there.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you guys see this new wax figure Taylor. Yeah, it's not the best work I've seen.
Speaker 1: It's it looks like right, yes, I mean there's some where you look at the wax finger, You're like, I have no idea, what are they going for you? Who is that?
Speaker 6: You know, it's Taylor. It's very Taylor.
Speaker 4: Esque, but it's something's off. Something just something is off. It's on our Instagram store if you want to go check that out. JB Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're following us, all right. So, ray Gun, the viral breakdancer from the Olympics, has broken her silence. Yesterday she posted a video on Instagram.
Speaker 8: I'm glad I was able to bring some joy into your lives.
Speaker 9: That's what I hoped.
Speaker 8: I didn't realize that that would also open the door to so much hate, which has frankly been pretty devastating. But I went out there and I had fun. I did take it very seriously. I worked my butt off preparing for the Olympics, and I gave my.
Speaker 2: All, truly, what did she was she taking it?
Speaker 4: Seriously?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I still don't know.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that There was a video that kind of was going viral yesterday of one of the other Australian female breakdance competitors who she beat out to go to the Olympics, and everyone's like, whoa this person's she's way better than ray Gun. I watched the video of this person. Everyone's like, how how could this person have been beat out by Raygun? I wasn't not impressed either. Really it was better. It was better than ray Gun.
Speaker 4: There was an eight year old that was better than Yaun.
Speaker 1: There definitely had to have been in all the land of Australia that entire content. There is somebody, there's a woman who answer than ray Gun. So we do need to question, you know.
Speaker 2: One more clip from her video.
Speaker 8: In regards to the allegations and misinformation floating around, I'd like to ask everyone to please refer to the recent statement made by the AOC.
Speaker 2: So the AOC is the Australian Olympic Committee, and I think that is referencing, you know, the online petition that was calling for a full investigation into the selection process, like, how did she get chosen to represent Australia. Now, she said that the AOC, the Australian Olympic Committee, issued a statement which they did. I have some of it right here. It says, it's disgraceful that these falsehoods concocted by an anonymous person can be published in this way. It amounts to bullying and harassment and is defammatory. We're demanding that to be removed from the site immediately. The petition no athlete who has represented their country at the Olympic Game should be treated in this way.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. Look, I mean the bullying and then this thing where people are trying to just totally slander her and stuff. Can't we all just step back and look, the Olympics is a great moment for the world and we all had a good laugh, right yeah. Can't something just be a good laugh for all of us and let the memes and all this stuff let that happen. We're all having fun everyone, Let's just have a good laugh.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted to ask on is she considering all the hilarious memes to be bullying, because look, I don't get down bullying at all, but she's don't be allowed to make we should be allowed.
Speaker 1: To make a few memes though, right, I think what's more probably more bothering her. And it seemed like is all the allegations saying that she basically.
Speaker 6: Rigged her way in and all.
Speaker 1: This stuff like that, and like, you know, if she is true she truly loves breaking, it's not break dancing, breaking truly loves it, then those allegations would hurt that, Like you know, she's stacked the memes, probably sting a little. But sorry, the entire world Internet. I need something to laugh at, and you gave us that and that was it.
Speaker 6: But to people like, how does this affect.
Speaker 1: Your life going forward? Unless you were one of the break dancers who she beat out to go to the Olympics, Like, move on, let's all have a good move on. Even that one that I was describing, that that probably should have been represented in Australia. Even she said she supported ray Gun in the Olympics, like and she should have been there. So that's your answer, Graham, what do you have? All right, we all do need to take a moment say our heartfelt goodbyes to the bay Bridge series. The Battle of the bay will be no longer after this weekend.
Speaker 2: At least we can be done with those stupid hats where it's like half a half.
Speaker 1: I kind of like those just kidding or never wear one, but I respect them because they remind me of you know. That's a major nostalgia alert on me. Anyway, the Bay Bridge Series will be no longer because the A's the Sacramento Las Vegas A's of Oakland are moving to Sacramento next season, so this will be the final time the two teams meet at the Oakland Coliseum. In theory, we can't totally rule it out because they don't have a new ballpark in Las Vegas yet. You never know if they come crawling back or not. We don't know. But there are two It's a two game series this weekend. It's Tomorrow and Sunday. First pitch tomorrow four oh seven. Sunday's game is one oh seven. I was looking on the A's website to see if they have any like special events to honor the final Bay Bridge Series or anything. Now. They have a Vita Blue bobblehead giveaway for some early arriving fans tomorrow. One of the other days, the kids get to run the basis courtesy of Chevron. They didn't to me, weren't really. They have some of the Oakland A's Hall of Famers doing a pre game ceremony I think tomorrow, but it wasn't. Really we should be marking this final Bay Bridge series.
Speaker 6: Now, A's fans, you can hang your hat on this.
Speaker 1: The all time record in the Bay Bridge Series between the A's and the Giants is tipped slightly in the A's favor. I see different numbers, seventy eight wins to the Giants seventy. Some of those include World Series games. I don't it's somewhere in there. But regardless, even if the Giants were to win both these games, the A's will forever have the edge in the bay Bridge Series. So Ace fans, you can hang your head on that. And if you are going to the game, we don't need to punch each other and beat each other up at this game. Can't everyone just have fun and revel in this Bay Area moment?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Jeff?
Speaker 4: You're actually going, Yeah, I am, I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 1: Look, team's geary, you can be wearing Giants. Let's go wow. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ye apparently I don't, but I like the Giants just so much better and Giants fans so much better.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Ace fans.
Speaker 1: Shot at the fandom.
Speaker 4: No, I take that back. You're right, I take that. I don't take yeah, just the team yah.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, but I'm excited for two gating. It is really sad, though, Gram to your point of everybody you know having to say they're goodbyes. Because my boyfriend's friend does a tailgate every single year, invites us, invites his family, and so it's sad because it's always at the at the coliseum. So it's sad that that's no longer going to be happening.
Speaker 1: Would you start tract the Sacramento souter health, Paul, So.
Speaker 2: Jess, I want you to talk about your experience there Monday morning and anyone else who's going this weekend. We do want to hear from you know, baseball fans, yes a fans and Giants fan.
Speaker 4: How how are you feeling about this?
Speaker 1: What did that?
Speaker 4: Monday morning? Probably like around eight am.
Speaker 2: Next on the JV Show, Gram, we're going to be bringing on Elvis for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing something special to honor our buddy JV. And so I want to give him a chance to get the word out. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, The JV Show.
Speaker 4: On Up Friday.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for hanging out with us. I'm Selena A.
Speaker 1: Graham.
Speaker 2: We have your chance to win this trip to Vegas for the iHeartRadio Music Festival plus one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: That is on standby.
Speaker 2: Let's bring on our way way wait wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, the bass and said, don't ever bring that loudmouth guy on ever again. And I was like, you know what, just please just one more time. And they still no, But I guess we'll do it. Good morning, buddy, this wake up? Oh he's he is pretty old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I'm sorry. I was listening to your show and I fell asleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah that happens at advanced ages.
Speaker 5: And the thing is, I'm driving and I fell asleep. So it's like, also.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't age, right, you and President Biden?
Speaker 5: You know what that's like? You know what? Listen? He can, I can? I can. I congratulate you guys. I saw the latest ratings and you guys, congratulations. You guys are number one with deaf people and people in a coma, So congratulate him.
Speaker 1: Amazing. I told you.
Speaker 5: I told you that's something to be proud of. That's something the doghouse never get.
Speaker 1: It's a tough market.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 6: Dought you on.
Speaker 4: Because you're doing something very awesome for our friend.
Speaker 1: Ge Yes, talk about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay whatever, Yes, September, September fourteenth, we're throwing an event, uh to celebrate JV to keep his spirit alive. It's gonna be September fourteenth from six to ten pm, and it's gonna be at the seven fifteen Harrison Street event space. For those of you remember who were older like Graham, it was the old City Nights, but now it's an awesome event space. So we're gonna, uh, we're producing videos for this. We've got comedians, we've got music, and all the prostings are going to the Bay Area Line Condation. So I think it's my Yeah, I think it's my job to keep his spirit alive everything he meant to not only me, but to the Bay Area as well. And so you know, we're gonna see what happens here. Guy. I've gotten some good response so far. Uh. And they said, as long as Graham doesn't show, everything's gonna be great, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you guys.
Speaker 5: Are you guys gonna be able to make it? Or no?
Speaker 4: Oh we we actually are gonna. Why are you doing here?
Speaker 1: What we were booked up before?
Speaker 4: It's not our fault.
Speaker 6: It didn't clear the date with me, buddy, Say hey, are you this day?
Speaker 2: We're gonna be the James Kenny pool party. It's not our fault.
Speaker 1: Shout out to yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Listen, it's all good, but listen. Go to SF Clubs dot com get your tickets. This is for a great cause. But I think what's great about it is all the Doghouse fans, all the JB Show fans. Let's all get together and let's remember our friend and keep this spirit alive. This is gonna be a great event once again. It's seven fifteen Harrison Street, September fourteenth, six to ten pm, so I can get to bed by midnight, which.
Speaker 4: Is perfect for me.
Speaker 6: You haven't seen midnight in at least two decades? What's it?
Speaker 5: The only yeah, is the only time I do see midnight is a changed by diaper, so that's the only time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's guys, guys up all night going. It's a prostate thing, all right? Best play to get info on this is what what's the site?
Speaker 5: Yeah, SF clubs dot com. Clubs Clubs dot com and click on events and it'll there's actually a link in my Instagram. Radio Underscore Elvis, Radio Underscore Elvis. Follow me. I got twelve followers. Let's go people, let's get to fourteen. Yeah, there's a link in my bio also Radio Underscore Elvis. There's a link in the bio. And so yeah, I appreciate you guys having me on yeas, all those ratings again, thank you, awesome and again guys.
Speaker 6: All proceeds going to the Bay Arealine founder.
Speaker 4: Very very cool.
Speaker 1: Elvis, thanks so much.
Speaker 5: Is very nice.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna repost you Okay, okay, bye bye.
Speaker 4: That went well. There you go, there you yeah, but we should.
Speaker 2: We'll repost information on JV Morning Show for anyone interested.
Speaker 4: That's our Instagram.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow us The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.