Speaker 1: The LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap, but the.
Speaker 3: Post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 2: The successes the failure.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Here's a a moss lad.
Speaker 1: Clippers make it four straight victories. They sweep the home stand here into a dull final score. Clippers won oh four Sacramento Kings eighty eight. The Clippers get their first in season Tournament Cup victory. What a win. Clipper Nation, Welcome in. It's your post game show. I'm at a Moslin coming up, we will have Clippers Talk. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. It is a King season low, scoring just eighty eight points so far in this ballgame tonight. Impressive defense by the Clippers, who only gave up twenty nine of the eighty eight points in the first half. Carlo Jimenez an unbelievable effort.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable effort by a defense that clamped down, that proved they could be a top five defense in the NBA. You keep the turnovers number low. In this one, everybody shine, everyone contributed. Clippers get thirty nine points from their bench. Their bench outscore Sacramento by thirty tonight. Adam and the Clippers really every time Sacramento raded him run, the Clippers were able to respond with a run of their own. They made it awfully hard for this King's team, and night after night, Adam, we just continued to get shown that this is a team that Hey, Kendrick Perkins doesn't have a lot of right takes, all right, but he did say earlier today that the Clippers are a surprised to start the season, and I think a lot of people around the league are starting to take notice this Clipper team is a lot better than what people expected. They said it a media day, we shouldn't listen to it. Then they're proven it on the floor now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good to see like casuals like Kendrick Purkiss to understand this Clippers defense is for real. They made a statement tonight in the first half. I mean, that is the lowest total of any team so far this season in the NBA. Twenty nine points is all that the Sacramento Kings could muster in the first half of this one. In the first twenty four minutes, they're held to a season low eighty eight points. Lowest opponents scoring points against the Clippers since it was this last March March third of this year. That was in Minnesota, where the Clippers would snag in eighty nine eighty eight victory. Once again. Tonight, Sacramento Kings only score eighty eight points. But this is a top ten offense, and they look completely lost in the first half. Yes, they got going at some points in the second half, Carlow, but I'm still impressed by this Clippers team running through the tape late. When it was down to an eight point lead in the fourth quarter, the Clippers had to execute. Coach Lou told him slow it down a little bit. It was almost like Kobe against the Pacers in the NBA Finals. It's cool. I got this. We're gonna be all right. And the Clippers came through and made some big shots late.
Speaker 5: They made some huge shot late. I thought Mobamba hit a big time three. Derek Jones Junior was excellent today. I forget whose player to watch he was, but seventeen points, six for thirteen from the field, four rebounds, and a steal. Chris Dunn was a pest on the defensive end. Adam how many passes did he break up? He had eight rebounds. This season high was nine. Three steals in this game hard and three steals. Timrence Man, in limited action off the bench, was excellent down the stretch in that fourth quarter. I think he only played nine minutes at him on the night coming into the fourth. He played nine huge fourth quarter minutes for this Clipper team. Had five points hit a big three. Look, when you shoot twenty three percent from outside the arc, you're not expected to win a lot of games. What did the Clippers do today, Domini? They won by sixteen in a game they shot twenty three percent from outside the arc. Why they took care of the basketball? They played fantastic defense and everyone played it well today at some point in this game contributed to a big time win. What a balance, healthy attack by this Clipper group.
Speaker 1: They more than cut their turnover vers in half after having twenty five of them on Wednesday against Orlando. They finished with twelve turnovers, just three in the first half. And how about Kevin Porter Junior. He got that tough reverse layup late in the third quarter. The Clippers needed it for some momentum, and then ended up with twelve points in the fourth quarter alone after he started at all of seven.
Speaker 5: He was so good in that fourth quarter. Adam got to his spot, got downhill. When he's playing with that type of efficiency, the Clippers have a lot of more options on the offensive end, and that was what we saw in that fourth quarter Adam. The Clippers were able to work through KPJ and because he attracted all of that attention, all of a sudden, other guys were open throughout the entire fourth quarter outside the own for threes, spraying it from downtown. It was fun to watch this Clipper team work through him, and I think rightfully so. At the beginning of the season, a lot of people felt like, I don't know if this KPJA experiment is gonna work. But after finally playing consistent basketball for the first time in over a year, he looks much more comfortable on the offensive end. He's playing much more efficiently, he's getting his teammates involved, he's crashing the glass, he's moving the rock. I think Adam with that second unit, he's been instrumental in continuing to help them play well on the offensive end.
Speaker 1: This game felt like a microcosm of his season, a slow start but then a strong finish. He has been getting better by the game recently, last ten games. Coming into this one, he was shooting forty seven percent. He started zero for seven, but big bucket after big bucket in that fourth quarter when the Clippers backups were going up against the Sacramento Kings starters, for the most part, they held their own. They played them even. That was big. It got James Harden a little bit more rest before he came back in. Chris Dunn came back in. As you mentioned, the deflections, the defensive intensity he set. The tone from the outset also felt like Ifatza Zubos getting that tip in late in this ball game once again. Fifteen boards for Big Zoo, another double double with ten to fifteen. A complete ballgame for the Clippers, a complete team effort, and they did it again without Norman Pale as a mere coffee got the start and had eleven points.
Speaker 5: Last time they beat Sacramento at him, Norman Pell had thirty one points. I mean, he was the entire offense at times for this Clipper team. They lose Norman Palell Sacramento Is on three days of rest, they get back to Botis and DeRozan, and the Clippers dominate this game as they continue this grueling stretch. They're in of these twenty one games in thirty six days. They have not had two days off in a row since October twenty eight, twenty nine, and they continue to prove that despite the schedule being against them, despite Sacramento having more offensive options healthy. In this game, the Clippers come away with the victory, gutsy win, and boy do they look comfortable at home. The Clippers have won seven in a row. Add into a dome. No need to tear it down, mister Bomber, It's working just fine.
Speaker 1: The Sacramento Kings missed seven pre throws, by the way, credit the wall. The Clippers hold the Kings to a season low eighty eight points. Clippers win one O four to eighty eight. While we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification. Here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM five seventy KLAC Los Angeles ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: And now the Clippers finish the end of this month out on the road, starting with a back to back in Philly on Sunday Monday in Boston will not be easy. Tip time in Philadelphia, City of Brotherly Love will be at three pm Pacific time. We'll have your pregame show starting at two. Carlo Jumenez, great call, safe travels, my friend. Thank you, Adam.
Speaker 5: I'll see you in Philly for no inbid, no palm, George. That'll be interesting anyway. I'm excited to talk to you again.
Speaker 1: Let's go. I recommend the chief Sakes Clippers postgame show continues coming up next. They win one o four to eight. You're at home once again, seventh straight and into a dome. They take down the Kings and an Emirates Cup contest, and you're listening to the Los Angeles Slippers audio the head.
Speaker 6: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 4: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Clippers win again three games above five hundred and ten and seven, after making it seventh straight victories here and into a dome. They win one oh four to eighty eight over the Kings. It was an Emirates Cup contest, hence the court being blue with a red border. Clippers wearing their red jerseys. They are one to oher since bringing them back for the first time in seven years. Welcome back in. I'm Adam Moslin. This is your Clippers post game show coming up. We'll get your complete postgame box score, but right now, second half highlights. I'm gonna read you a score at the half and this may be on Ripley's believe it or not, the Clippers were up fifty one to twenty nine. They gave up twenty nine points. That's it in the first half. It is the lowest total any team has given up in the NBA this season. It's the lowest the Clippers have given up in the first half since two thousand and four. In the third quarter, though, yeah, it wasn't pretty at times, the Sacramento Kings outscored their first half total. They had thirty five points in the third quarter alone and outscored the Clippers by ten. Clippers leading by twelve still heading into the fourth after a tough reverse bucket by KPJ near the end of the third quarter, and Kevin Porter Junior stayed hot in the fourth. Steph backmitring Jumper floats it in tupman.
Speaker 5: Porter Junior with a tough finish with Colby Jones on his backside end of the paint, steps through awkward one legged.
Speaker 3: Shot and it's all chords. Time out. Mike Brown right here the dribble and crosses over on end.
Speaker 1: Let's take him.
Speaker 5: The prerow line stops and starts to the room. He lays it up through traffic for two. Quorter Junior gets inside, pulls up and hits. That's ten and a fourth FORKPJ horning bound past pace. PJ won't rise and slam.
Speaker 3: Time out.
Speaker 5: Mike Brown hap change in the traffic, dumpswooner the tagger.
Speaker 1: The Clippers go up. Carlo Jimenez on the call. The Clippers outscored the Sacramento Kings twenty eight to twenty four in that fourth quarter, thanks to twelve points from KPJ alone, helping carry them home once again. Hearing into a dome as everyone's going home with a smile on their face. That was a member of Clipper Nation. Congratulations against the wall. You had the Sacramento Kings going seventeen of twenty four from the free throw line. They miss seven. Seven is the number of the night. I guess this Clippers team has won seventh straight. Hear it into a Dome? They win one o four to eighty eight over the Sacramento Kings. They're heading out on the road. More on that in your final box score coming up next. Right here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Downlis, I.
Speaker 6: Love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 4: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball free ball. Yes, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one oh four to eighty eight. Hear it into a Dome, seventh straight victory in your new home, your first home, Clipper Nation. Patch yourself on the back if you were here making noise and affected the Sacramento Kings who missed seven free throws. Remember the Golden State Warriors miss ten just a couple of games ago. It's working. See Bomber's a genius. Clippers win again. They hold the Sacramento Kings to their lowest point total on the season, fewest amount of points a team has scored against the Clippers since last year. That was back on March third, Clippers were in Minnesota. They won eighty nine to eighty eight. That was the Norman Pow windmill dunk to secure it for the Clippers, whereas teammates were like, no, no, no, it's too close up a game for that late. No, Norman Powell in this one. We'll be traveling with them out on the road as they head to Philly. Tip time for that game Sunday at three pm Pacific AF He gets the start, played well, eleven points, five of nine shooting. Derek Jones Jr. Carlo Jimenez's player to watch. I'll give it to him, seventeen points, six of thirteen, got downhill, got some easy ones, even though he missed from distance. Overall efficient out there. If it's a Zubas that stretch of the third quarter, I was a little bit concerned for this reason. He plays eight minutes in the third quarter, the Kings are making their run, and if he's a Zubas, didn't get one shot up in the third quarter. Unless my box score is just wrong, I'm gonna double check on that, because this screen may be frozen over here. He's still finished with ten and fifteen in the game. Big Zoo with the double double. Chris Dunn set the tone. The deflections, a couple of deflections, a couple of steals in the first couple of minutes, and the Clippers held them to twelve points in the first quarter. Unreal. The defensive effort was Sacramento rusty rest leading to Russ. They had had three days off. I'm gonna create the Clippers defense. They've been like that. They've been that good. Kevin Porter Junior was that good. Speaking of twelve, he had twelve of his fourteen points in the fourth quarter. The Clippers needed all of them. I was really proud of his performers because he started oh of seven, so that means what. He hit seven of his next nine to finish the game. Mobamba, great minutes from him. I know he got in a foul trouble, but the hustle, knocked down a three pointer, had eight boards in his sixteen minutes six points. I like Mobamba with a motor who looks motivated out there. That's all they need from him. Just about twelve to fifteen minutes a night. Nico. Buttoom another fantastic game. Three three pointers. Terrence Man found him early in the fourth quarter on a kickout. Niko Batoom looks good. The last couple of games, some people were saying, oh, Nico doesn't look right. Yeah, you' all sleeping. Jordan Miller got five points and thirteen minutes, got a bad foul and offensive foul what was basically a slip screen. They said he pushed off a deer and fox who got a few calls in the fourth quarter to no avail. Clippers went anyways. They only turned the ball over twelve times. They had fifty six points in the paint. They had sixteen second chance points, sixteen fast break points. Both those totals, both those numbers better than the Sacramento Kings. And oh yeah, they outscored the Kings thirty nine to nine in bench scoring. Take that for data. Clippers have won seven in a row here at the Dome, four in a row overall. They're heading out on the road tip time in Philly. No Paul George in that game, unfortunately. We'll keep you update on the Clippers talk side on whether Joel Embiid will be available. They only got three wins on the season, but a big game pregame starts at two right back here on Sunday outside of Los Angeles. We are leaving you until then, but coming up next here on m FI seventy LA Sports and on the YouTube live side, we got Clippers.
Speaker 3: Talk and with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended.
Speaker 4: Chudging, This has been Clippers Locker Road, a postgame look at today's.
Speaker 2: Every game all season long.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Voning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 3: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record. Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 1: Clippers are victorious. They win one, four to eighty eight over the Sacramento Kings. They win and make it their seventh straight victory. Here into it Dome. I'm Adam Oslin. Welcome into Clippers Talk. Coming up, I believe we have Will Updyke coming on from Clips and Dip. He called a shot earlier today. I said, Chuck, Will who's coming on with me later tonight? So Will Updyke said, I'm in. I guess that means it was going to be a Clippers victory. It was Chuck joked that I guess I gotta start gambling and betting because if will Updyke says he's in, that means it's got to be a Clipper's victory. He only comes on after Clippers wins. So we'll have some clips and double dip for you after another spectacular victory by your Los Angeles Clippers, who did it on the defensive end with really a historic performance in the first half. You hold a team to twenty nine points in this day and age, a top ten offense, an offense that was ranked sixth coming into this game, the Sacramento Kinks, and you hold them to twenty nine points twenty nine twenty four minutes in. That's unimaginable in today's NBA, unfathomed that never happens. In fact, it's the lowest first half by any team so far this season, any team in a game. Clippers did it. The defense is legit, it's elite. It's like that we've been talking about it, and guess what, they don't even have Kawhi Leonard yet, a two time Defensive Player of the Year. That's scary. Hashtag JVG for MVP I've been saying it since I don't know Game two. Jeff Van Gundy has these guys locked in, focused and creating a suffocating defense out there each and every night, each in every possession. Tonight. I know Sacktown got it together in the third quarter, but this was something where the Clippers were so good on the defensive end start things off first twenty four minutes. It put the Kings in such a hole. They were completely out of rhythm and they looked like a team maybe that had been off for three days straight. Maybe it wasn't just the Clippers defense, but you want to talk about a culture shock. You get back to playing basketball after being off for three days and you got to go up against this defense. That's a problem, and the Clippers have been creating a lot of them. Unbelievable performance. I'm telling you one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen. Near perfect defense. In the first half. Sacktown missed some shots, they missed some looks. The Clippers made decisions who to guard, who to lee wide open. It worked in their favor. You gotta have a little bit of luck to hold a team to twenty nine points in the first half. But the Kings were seeing ghosts because the Clippers were everywhere defensively, So even when they were open, I don't think they felt like they were because the boss earlier they weren't. There's that residual effect when you're playing that well defensively, when you're scrambling, when you're rotating, when you're playing five guys on a string. I am so proud of this group. They're ten and seven, three games above five hundred without Kawhi Leonard, and they cut the turnovers in half more than just half. They had twenty five Wednesday night against Orlando, just twelve tonight, three of them in the first half, nine to the second half. They weren't as sound, but I always say twelve turnovers are less, that's a really good night. That's taking care of the basketball. The Kings were actually better in that area. They were only turning it over I think just over thirteen times per game, but the Clippers outperformed them there and they generated fifteen turnovers by Sacramento. Clippers go perfect at the free third line, sixteen of sixteen, the Kings seventeen of twenty. Past yourself on the back, Clipper Nation the wall, especially you guys were loud. It was deafening, and it affected Sacramento just like it affected the Golden State Warriors. I know this ain't the Green Monster, but Steve Balmer has created a monster with this idea. A bring the mother bleeping Ruckus type of wall college atmosphere here that yeah, is effective, is working save harbor hours. I could say that, shout out Wu tang all of them Clippers win what four to eighty eight? Here into it? Dom chat, what's up? G Master is saying, this is our year? I told you, Okay, we're seventeen games in. There is a lot to be determined here. There three games over five hundred. They're exceeding expectations. The defense is for real and the offense if they just this to me is what can happen if you just turn don't turn the basketball over. Wins like this because the Clippers didn't shoot it well, they didn't. This wasn't some night where the Clippers were hitting everything and the Kings were just cold and the Clippers weren't turning it over. No no, no, no, they weren't turning it over, but they weren't hitting shots. They shot forty one percent, They went ten to forty two from three. They got timely buckets. But this wasn't some perfect offensive performance that's an outlier that you can just throw away. No, this is a game that was muddied up with both offenses looking in net. But the Clippers defense was so much better. It took care of the ball with just three turnovers in the first half. They were so brilliant there that they outshine sack Town. And even though it got a little tight late after the Clippers led by as many as twenty five eight point game with about three minutes left ninety six eighty eight with two forty six left after his some bonus throw down, the Clippers executed. They didn't turn the ball over and over and over again like we had seen. All Right, you want to blitz James Harden, you want to bring the double team, get the basketball out of his hands. He'll find Eric Jones Junior in the short role and he'll make plays. Justin Rousseau has talked about the growth of DJ in the short role. He brought this up, I don't know, maybe two weeks ago, and how he's being used more there. It hasn't always been pretty. It paid off tonight. He's getting even better. He got in the short roll, made a good decision, got the floater to go Kevin Pord Junior. He gets a float, goat shot and KPJ with twelve of his fourteen points in the fourth quarter. Was and turned around a bad game where he started zero for seven, finished seven for his last nine, seven of sixteen, fourteen points, six boards to assists. I thought he had some really nice passes early on. I thought he had a really nice defensive play too. Quarter was that. I want to make sure I highlight this because I know a lot of people were like, oh, he's oh seven, take him out the defense on Murray to end the first quarter from him, lockdown stuff, but he was missing everything and eventually he shot himself out of it. That's confidence, that's believing in your game, set it postgame. But this game from Kevin Porter Junior has felt like a micro cosmo of the season. Starts slow, finish strong. After the first six games, coming into this one, he's been shooting forty seven percent from the field tonight start so off seven. What is uh seven to sixteen from the field field goal percentageise? I don't know if it's forty seven percentage forty four percent, but the timely buckets, big fourth quarter shots when they needed them. Tough jumper early in the fourth one leged floater got him up sixteen. A couple of possessions later, a has he lay up. He's missing threes still, but he had another play where he probed the defense and got a floater. Kept the Clippers up by around fifteen, got down to eight. Coach Lou said, we're all right, slow it down, run your offense, and they ended up running through the tape and went in by sixteen. I like this type of victory for Los Angeles Clippers. That level of defense and missshots and cold shooting from Sacramento was not sustainable. Demonta Sabonis and Dearon Fox outscored the Clippers as a team by themselves in the third quarter. After only scoring twenty nine points in the first half, those two had twenty six of their thirty five points in the third. The Clippers only had twenty five points in the third quarter. We knew they were going to make a run. Basically a top five offense, which they've been for years now. They're good, They're really good. Sabonis was back. DeMar Derozen was back. He couldn't hit a three, but he got to the free throw line, only went four of eight, six of nineteen overall, but Sabonis and Fox started to pick it up. I think Vanderon Fox had twenty five points in the second half. He can do that. They can catch fire. The Clippers answered with enough shots. Clippers win seventh straight. Hear it into it, dumb finals, one o four to eighty eight over the Sacramento Kings. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back. We'll get back to your phone calls. If anybody in the chat wants to call in. Since I know you guys just like hiding here anonymously, you can still just give a fake name when you call in. The man's big deal. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy Seymour Butts, you're up next. I'm out a mazle and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio network at AMPI seventy LA Sports taking calls. Next.
Speaker 6: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 4: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball three ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: How many games in a row are you gonna win it into a Dome? Seven? Four straight wins overall Clippers one oh four Kings eighty eight is your final and an into it Dome Cup affair here on a Friday night, Clippers won and one so far and their group A play in the Emirs Cup. I'm to Oslin, welcome back in This is Clippers Talk. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Let's see what we got here? Chat? What's up? Thirteen rows in the swell? We were talking about an off air on the YouTube live side, but wondering how many rows there were in the swell? And that is the supporters section? Is that true? The section that caused the Sacramento Kings to go seventeen of twenty four from the free throw line. Kings looked downright rattled going against the wall in the first half. Let's not even talk about just the free throws that were missed the wall and them having to shoot against that basket. They're lucky they didn't have to do it in the second half too. Overall, in the first half, the King shot ten of forty one from the field, twenty four percent, two of seventeen from three seven of eleven from the free throw line. They were completely out of source, discombobulated, wrecked Clipper nation. I'd say stand up, but I know everybody in the wall already was patch yourself on the back. Fabulous job all four games, every game so far heard into a dome where the Clippers are establishing that home court advantage. All right, what's happening in the chat here? What are we talking about? Guys? All I saw was beast wars. Don't get me talking about Cheetah or any of those guys. Uh Jay said, I guess some people are having trouble calling when you're in Egypt eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy. What's up? Gonza talks eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventies of the phone number if you'd like to call in, I don't know how you do that internationally? Is a sprint still a thing? Can you call collect? Does that stuff work? Miss Shakes is in here? Say yeah? They looked all over the place. They were not ready for us. Zacherman know what shook they were. I'm interested to hear what they'll say postgame, because I think that was jarring for them. There hasn't been in an arena in the league like this before. God blessed Steve Boehmer. James Harden did say this post game. I don't know if this is an update. I guess it is. James Harden said quote this comes from Lomarie of the Athletic quote. Kawhai is going to be ready when Kawhi is ready. Maybe That's what I'll just say from now on when people ask me about Kawhi. Kawai will be ready when Kawhi is ready, hopefully sooner than later. But Slippers team is playing great. They haven't had Norman Powell the last two games, doesn't matter, and yes they are undefeated in the Mobamba era of Clippers basketball. Four h he started off as a Clipper on this home stand. How did everybody feel about the red jerseys? Because I kind of want to see him more often after a win like this. Right. I don't believe in good luck, charms and jinxes and fate and kids met and all these things, but I like this jersey, and I don't know they played well on them. Sometimes look good, feel good, play good. I think Dion coined that, but the Clippers are going out on the road now, are they taking the Red Jerseys with them? First game in Philadelphia on Sunday? No, Paul George sounds like no Joel embiid Clippers versus Tyrese Maxi, who got hurt hearing into it Dome against the Clippers with that hamstring injury. He's been back the last couple of games. They once tonight over Brooklyn, people talking about the Red Jerseys saying I love the Red Jerseys. Larissa, we got stump in the chat saying I love the Red Jerseys. Ross said, like the Red Jerseys didn't love it? Isn't that the order at cold Stone? Deal like it? Or do you love it? If you love it, you get a bigger order. This is yeah, not exactly a polarizing jersey. Everybody at least likes them, most loved them. Red is back for the first time since the twenty sixteen to twenty seventeen season. Had the Kings seeing red. Oh they were angry, challenging calls DeMar Derosen with the technical They didn't like that feisty brand of basketball by the Clippers. I think it's a culture shock. Nobody else was playing defense like this. Nobody else has swarming you like this. So you get into a game against them, you're just unprepared for it. It is difficult to settle into a ballgame. Eventually, they got it going in the third quarter. Maybe the Clippers took their foot off the gas a little bit. I think the Clippers were also due or excuse me, the Kings were also due to shoot better. The Clippers defense wasn't gonna hold up or hold a team of twenty nine points in the second half as well. The rest has said I really like the red jersey, okay, something in between eleven and alike. Ros said, loll okay, I loved it. There we go, There we go. I love them. Are they on sale yet? You guys know, I'm interested to know, just a guy looking for a Redivisa Zubash jersey. Uh Tyo Ramirez said no. PG thirteen. Yep, he's injured. He will not be playing on Sunday. He reaggravated the same injury hyper extended to the left knee, which is now the third time that has happened in the last two years, but twice now going back to the preseason with Philadelphia. And then a couple of games ago in the regular season. It is unfortunate, Stump said, James Harden took too many threes. That bothered me. Well, the threes have not been falling for him. Another inefficient night doesn't matter. Five of eighteen, two of ten from three, But James Harden was making plays late. There is a reason for anyone who wants to hate on James Harden. Why is it that team's double blitz trap him and do everything they can to get the ball out of his hands. It's almost like they know how talented he is, and he still had nine assists four turnovers led them in. The plus minus was a plus fourteen in is thirty six minutes. Derek Jones Jr. Carlo Jmenez his player to watch seventeen points, big Zoo with ten and fifteen. Here's what I didn't like, though, I want to say, and I'm gonna double check this right now, but Iviatza Zubos did not get up a shot in the third quarter in eight minutes win the Sacramento Kings were making a big run. I didn't like the shot selection or the process by the Clippers offensively in that third quarter. If I'm gonna nitpick something. It's that because they were taking a lot of jumpers, a lot of threes. Some of them were open, fine, but they were getting zero easy looks and a Vitza Zubats did not attempt a shot in the third in eight minutes. He came into the third four of six from the field. He left the third four to six from the field. That just can't happen. That's zumlpractice. I can't take it. When you have a guy that can get you easy buckets and you're struggling that much offensively, you got to give him the damn ball. You have to DeRozan, Fox and the Bonus combined for sixty nine points. The rest of the King's nineteen points total. Murray had ten. They got destroyed. When it came to bench scoring, the Clippers outscored them by thirty thirty nine to nine. When it came to bench scoring, they outscored him by twenty in points in the paint fifty six to thirty six. Clips. Only twelve turnovers tonight after twenty five on Wednesday, only three turnovers in the fourth quarter, though, I like seeing that. So they had what's five in the third quarter, season high thirteen steals. They got eleven and three record under coach lou when they get thirteen or more steals in games. Season high thirteen steals, it felt like more. The deflections that were coming in the first quarter created by Chris Donn just insane stuff. Honestly, he is a all world defensive specialist. I would say all NBA First Team hold up the finger like Patrick Beverley used to when he wanted to let everyone know. I think you should start doing that. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll have Will Updike gone from clips and dip. I'm Adam Moslin. Clippers win over the Sacramento Kings. Here's a stat. This just came from Carlo Jimenez from stat Mus. Harden tonight with twenty two to five, eight assists, three steals. Only Kate Cunningham has more ten to five and five games so far this season. Clippers win one O four to eighty eight over the Kings. And you're listening to Clippers Talk. You're on the M five seventy LA spours.
Speaker 6: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball free ball.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one four to eighty eight over the Sacramento Kings. Hear it into a dome? I met, I am Oslin, Welcome back in. This is the official postgame show of you Los Angeles Clippers. It's Clippers Talk still to come. We'll get some phone calls here. In fact, we'll get to somebody on the super Secret Celebrity hotline. Right now. You hear the music the Clippers won. You know what that means? Big will Updyke is in effect tonight after the Clippers get another victory, herod into a dome, make it seventh straight? Will you called your shot earlier today? You said you were coming on tonight. You might as well have just said the Clippers are gonna win?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I mean there's never a doubt from me.
Speaker 1: This is our year, and there was never a doubt coming into this one that the Clippers are going to win.
Speaker 8: Did it look like it was not our year tonight?
Speaker 1: I can't disagree with that. It did not look like it was not our year tonight. Well, what were you most impressed with? Because I don't know if I've ever seen a twenty nine point first half by a team before I know what's happened. I know what's happening against.
Speaker 8: That can only be attributed to one thing, so we know that that's for real.
Speaker 1: This Clippers defense, they've been good, but I don't know how much of it was Sacramento missing shots combined with the Clippers defense. I want to say it was all the Clippers, but I think that would be disingenuous, or I think that would be an exaggeration at least. I still, though, think that when teams come in here, especially into it Dome, there's just a real culture shot going on. Like they aren't used to a wall, they aren't used to a swarming defense like this. They see, you know, the roster of the Clippers, and they're probably not expecting this level of defense, and it almost throws them off.
Speaker 3: I think, oh, it.
Speaker 8: Definitely throws them off. I mean, and Chris Dunn did a great job on de Aaron Fox, as did Derreck Jones Junior. But the real standout to me, I mean, you know, we've talked about the Clippers defense. I'm sure we're gonna continue talking about all season, but the standout to me tonight was the phenomenal bench play for the Clippers just remarkably consistent. Kevin Porter Junior looked incredible. Lobomba came in in that third quarter when the Clippers really needed a little shot in the arm, and he was just that they just got They got something out of everybody in the rotation tonight, and I think that that was I mean, that was a huge difference between between the two teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like what we've seen from Obama so far. I know he had five fouls, but he started the second quarter with an offensive rebounds and got it to patomb for a three point. That happened a couple of times. Zubats also had an offensive rebound that ended up in a made three. They were creating some extra possessions out there. But the energy Mobamba is providing, the knock on him has always been motor. So far, so good in that area with the Clippers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I think it's it's gonna come down to like too much of a good thing, you know what I mean. I think as long as his stints are kind of optimized, I think that he can provide that we'll see, you know, should he have to play any longer stretches, If he can hold that up. But I like what we're seeing so far. The fouls are pretty understandable, you know, coming back from injury. I'm sure he's a little over eager, especially in this new role, so I'm not I'm not too worried about that. Hopefully that'll get smooth out. But yeah, he's been another shining light on this bench when with no Norm Powell, for guys to step up like this, it's just incredible.
Speaker 1: I also felt like there were some teaching moments late that actually worked out in the clippers favor. I know some people just want to see him blow them out by twenty five, and that would be great, and it's a Cup game and point differential matters, but I think it was good. They got it down to eight point Sacramento and the Clippers actually had to out execute late and they weren't turning the basketball over and they were handling the blitzes coming at James hard and much better. And they pulled through and I think scored like eight straight points or something like that to win by sixteen. That execution was solid when it had to be.
Speaker 8: Look, I think against a team certainly a talented as the Kings, this is about as comfortable as you can hope for a Clippers win sort of this season, especially considering no Norm Powell in the lineup, obviously no Kawhi Leonard all year. I don't think that's anything to get upset about that we didn't completely run them off the court. They were always going to get back into this game sort of regardless of what the Clippers did those third quarters in general, is something that we need to take a look at, you know, moving forward, because we have seen a lot of leads kind of dwindled away from this Clippers team. But tonight they were able to hold on the weather, the storm, they kept the defensive intensity, They somehow managed to survive like three almost three full scoreless minutes in that third quarter while Sacramento finally got their legs underneath them despite having more rest. It was I mean, this was a wired to wire win for the for what the Clippers are this year, Like this is this is a comfortable This is what a comfortable win looks like for this sort of ram shackle squad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the way you put that, Big Wilson. This is a comfortable as comfortable as a win can look with this team. It makes sense to me. What did you make of the performance by Kevin Ford Junior, who started out zero for seven. He had a couple of nice assists and a nice defensive play, but he couldn't hit anything, and then he had twelve points in the fourth quarter alone. I feel like that's his season right now, the ups and downs, but also the slow start. And he's been coming along over the last ten or so games. Now he has played better.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he definitely has played. I mean, it's still just establishing a base consistency I feel like is difficult. But he took care of the ball. He kept shooting, which I guess we know he's gonna do anyways. But it's good that he doesn't get hesitant. I would have loved to see even one of those five three point attempts come in. My big knock on Kevin Porter is that he does slow the ball down and he kind of I'm not in love with the shots selection, and you know you've brought up the stat multiple times. He can be a catch and shoot guy. He is a somewhat efficient three point shooter over his career. I would like to see some of those shots optimize, especially when things are getting a little close for comfort. When it is a possession battle and you're a team is coming back and you have, you know, eight nine points and things are getting a little bit more tense. You would love to see him have, I don't know, just some better decision making in some of those moments. He's still young, gish, and and he has he has come a long way in his time so far this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, the consistency has to be better than it has been. The fourth quarter, though, was at least encouraging. He had a ton of big shots for them, they didn't have much going He could create a little bit there. I think that's why coach lou that lineup of him next to James Harden next to Chris Dunn, I like it because you've got three playmakers out there, three guys that can legit pass a little bit and two of them can create for themselves. That's something we've seen over the last week or so.
Speaker 8: Yeah, totally, And I mean theoretically everybody pretty good off ball too, And there's I mean defensively. You know, Kevin Porter Junior has impressed obviously. You know, we can't talk enough about how great Done has Then you know, filling in sort of that pat that role, that that sort of defensive grit at the guards position that you know we've needed it seems like for so long. So there's not traditional sides there, but everybody can kind of defend up, which I like as well. So it definitely is an interesting lineup. I don't know that it would be a go to for me, but it's something I would like to see more of a sample size up for sure.
Speaker 1: My bad, Well, I just saw you on the video side. I put you in now. Well Will is here now on the video side. Slippers win one O four to eighty eight. Hear it into a dome over the Sacramento Kings. So how greedy can we get right now with this team? Will? Considering their three games over five hundred, they're ten and seven, it's their year. I guess you can get greedy, but a tough road trip. They're gonna finish out this month on the road. What do you want to see over the next couple Are you happy with the split in Philly and then in Boston on Monday Sunday Monday games?
Speaker 8: It just depends on what the split looks like, you know, I think the more disappointing outcome is this Philly game has all the trappings of your traditional trap game. Right all the stars are out, they're coming off, they're coming off momentum right now the Clippers stick, there's real desperate for a win, not a lot to look forward to there. So this, this to me, has all the meanings of a trap game. If we put that one away easily, I could live with a split against Boston for but I you know, this team shows up for big matchups and I'm trying to remember, like over the two to one three era, maybe even dating back a couple of years before, I feel like those two teams like Boston and Clippers have not really had a bad matchup.
Speaker 1: It feels like that, Yeah, they've always.
Speaker 8: Been like it's always an exciting game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And even when the Clippers blew them out like they did last season, that was exciting for me at least, I don't know how Boston felt about it. But last one for you here will uh this team being three games about five hundred without Kawhi Leonard. Everybody keeps talking about without normOn Palace and I without normOn Powell the last two games, like who's the MVP of this team?
Speaker 3: So far.
Speaker 8: Man. That's so tough to me because part of me I think it's still got to be James Harden. It's got to be James Harden for what he's doing. I know that the efficiency hasn't been there, but he like the minute fload that he's playing, initiating everything. It's so huge. But there's been so many guys like it's it would be easy for me to say Zubos just because of the steps forward that he had to take, and he did take, you know, I mean, and Norm Obviously he's not playing right now. But you could tell me any one of those guys here MVP, and I couldn't really, I couldn't fault you for it. They're all m vts.
Speaker 1: How a lot of people, of course they're saying, Jeff van Gundhy, I guess when you have a team that collectively is coming together like this, there's not one guy.
Speaker 8: You said m VP, that player that implies player.
Speaker 1: I mean Jeff Van Gundhy back of the day, Big Top, all right, he is Bill Big Will Updyke from Clips and Dip. This has been another episode of Clips and Double Dip here on Clippers Talk will say for coming on Late Night here after the Clippers big victory over Sacramento.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, man any time, hopefully two more. Hopefully we have two more coming up on the Rodeo.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Final segment coming up next before we get out. At the top of the hour, Clippers win one four to eighty eight over the Sacramento Kings. Here it into it, homb I'm out of Oslin and you're listening to a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 4: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers win by sixteen over the Kings in an end season tournament game. This beautiful blue court. I know at times if you ain't got a nice four K television, it may not translate so well, but you love it in person. And Clipper Nation was here. They showed up in a big way, especially at the wall. Just reckon Sacramento's free throw shooting. Oh, they're the best frethrow shooting team in the league when it comes to free throws percentage, and they went seven of twenty four. I'm autam mosl on. This is Clipperstock final segment Here, Mitch and your Belinda, mitche're on clipperstot without of Austen.
Speaker 7: Hey, Adam talking MVP, it's gotta be Kawhi Leonard sitting on that bench, letting these boys play, letting them develop. Well, how are we gonna do it like we started at the top with defense? Third time we've held three opponents straight under one hundred in the ty lu Era. That's amazing, Adam. We should feel good about that. Last time we did it more twenty seventeen. Check us out defense, Wams.
Speaker 1: I'm out Mitch and your Belinda saying Kawhi is the MVP for not playing right now and letting these guys figure it out. I think he's was being serious and not sarcastic because he knows when Kawhi comes back, they're gonna be that much better because guys have gotten experience and more run out there? Do we have Jose and south Kate Kitty in Southgate who I think has been in the chat. Jose, what's up here on Clippers soft with out of Mazand I was in the chat, Adam.
Speaker 8: I was at the game.
Speaker 3: I love this team, I love the home sweet don't a little.
Speaker 1: Mass playing the street back there?
Speaker 7: But he wants to close it out.
Speaker 8: Here we go Freddy, last time time guys, Thank you Adam.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jose Oh. That was a good way to close out this homestand a little let's go Clippers chat by jose and Southgate and his little one in the car leaving the ballgame. Victorious Clippers one oh four Kings eighty eight. Just saw this post game from Demontese Bonus. He said, quote on a Visa Zubats. Last year he was tough. This year he's he's been tougher. I still feel like there was a missed opportunity to stem the tide by going to a Vita Zubats in that third quarter. But the backups did their thing. Mobamba was shot out of a cannon and play with a ton of energy. And for them to play even to start the fourth quarter, were they led by twelve heading into the fourth all second unit guys in there for the Clippers, and they played the Kings starters. Even by the time James Harden came back in it was still a twelve point lead. That was really impressive to me. That might have been the run that saved the game for this Clippers team, if I'm being honest, to start that fourth quarter because immediately Darreon Fox got to the free throw line, but then Terrence Man big layup off a KPJ assist, and then two jump shots by Kevin Porter Junior, Aniko Batoomb big three, a KPJ layup, the heavy layup critical critical buckets there, Kevin Ford Junior with three of them in the first what two minutes, just about two and a half minutes of the fourth quarter. I think that might have saved the game for the Clippers because it could have been down to a six point game by the time James Harden was rested and ready to come back in. I do want to see the advanced ratings before we get out of here and see if they change it all. Clippers are still twenty fourth offensively, but defensively they move up to fifth after this game the Sacramento Kings. Offensively, they were six heading into the game. Woh, they dropped to ninth after that Clippers defensive performance. Clippers win onezh four to eighty eight. They made it seven straight victories, heart into its home four straight overall. They're heading out on the road, long road trip, Gonna finish off the month on the road, starting in Philadelphia. Tip Time Clippers and Sixers from Philly men is at three pm on Sunday. Pregame show at two Before we get out of here, I do want to think the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jumenez on the call, Katie Newton, our producer, back in the bank, head engineer, big Brother, Jake Warner. I'm out of Bazin. We'll talk to you on Sunday.
Speaker 4: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every gain.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 4: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Babe,