Speaker 1: Slippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap.
Speaker 1: But the post game coverage is just getting started. The successes the failure. Let's discuss.
Speaker 3: This is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Here's that a moss lad Clippers closed out a preseason in style and stay undefeated. It into it home they win one thirteen to ninety one. Open the Sacramento Kings and preseason game number five next week, things get real. Welcome into your postgame show. I'm at a Oslin coming up second half. Highlight your postgame box score more and before we get to Carlo Jimenez, let's pause ten seconds per station identification here in Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is La Clippers Basketball AM eleven fifty EV, Los Angeles is an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Carlo a dominant victory in preseason game number five, and the Clippers did so tonight without some key players. Two starters stare Joe's junior Nope, he was out. And the guy who runs everything, the engine of the offense, that would be James Harden.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they didn't miss a beat today. Adam offensively they were excellent. The defense once again active in the passing lanes twenty steals on Monday thirteen. Today here on Thursday, and they got out to an early lead and kind of ran away with things from the get go.
Speaker 1: It was so impressive by this Clipper team.
Speaker 4: And then to think to the bench, Adam, no, Kevin Porter Junior in this one out because of the corny lot Marie Dental, What does that mean?
Speaker 2: The laughing gas can get you. You can't play after that, you'd be like the Joker out there. But not Nikola Jokin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can't play and you can't fly too, can't fly too. So Kevin Porter Junior out today? And who steps into his spot but Jordan Miller twenty one points, eight for eleven, two for two. Jordan Miller was so so good. I got a shout out my guy Nick, who I met last week. Nick was telling me he is number one on the Jordan Miller fan club, trying to make sure he gets more time. And hey, Jordan Miller made Nick proud today.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Jordan Miller is a bucket. Over and over again. He continues to prove this Slippers team right for taking him in the second round. He's accomplished a lot in the G League, was eighth in scoring last season, runner up for MVP in the Summer League, this past last couple of months, and now in the preseason, all that is carried over. This is somebody that I want to see get a chance against more first and second units in the regular season. Tonight he was going up against Keegan Murray a lot and more than held his own. Carlo, this was his biggest test and I think he passed with flying.
Speaker 4: Colors, flying colors at him, and just like you mentioned early on in the preseason, but he just looks comfortable. I mean every time he has the ball, every time he drives, no matter who he's playing against, he looks comfortable in this ballgame.
Speaker 1: He looks aggressive.
Speaker 4: He knows this BoNT he wants to get to and it's so fun to watch him continue to step into this role and grow. And this is Adam, why you get guys in their fifth year out of college. You might think, you know, oh, Jordan Miller, five years at college, maybe doesn't have the experience or the youth. You know, sometimes if you're not young, teams will say, well, then you don't have the opportunity or the upside that maybe somebody who's really young would have. But at the same time, what that does mean is you can be a contributor in year two. And Jordan Miller looks like he can be a contributor in year two.
Speaker 2: Jordan Miller wise beyond his years. Kobe Brown had a nice ball game tonight as well. I thought he looked much better and a little bit more comfortable out there with his ten points, was looking for his offense, was playing the five sum once Kay Jones went out for a little bit in the second half. Kobe Brown I think needed a game like this where he knocked out a couple of threes, just confidence wise heading into the regular season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Adam looked a little hesitant to start the game and then I don't know what happened after that first stint, but I think somebody told him, hey man, you gotta let a flo and he let it fly today. Shot seven shots, went two for four from three, was really aggressive with the basketball, eight rebounds and six assist, a little bit of everything for this Clipper team today. Fun to see him excel for the clips. Those two picks seemingly guys, the Clippers are gonna rely on.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's been the talk. Who was Bones Highland?
Speaker 4: Jordan Miller and Kobe Brown were guys Tyler specifically named at the start of training camp as young guys who need to take a step forward and could contribute.
Speaker 1: And they've played well. I thought all preseason long at him.
Speaker 2: You mentioned bones Hiland there after getting a DNP Monday night here and into a dome, he gets the start tonight. I almost wonder. We know there could be a suspension looming with Kevin Porter Junior. We wondered about that throughout the off season, and the Clippers have not moved on from Bones Highland, even though they brought in KPJ, even though they brought in Chris Dunn. And then a situation comes up tonight where James Harden's out, KPJ is out getting dental work done, and Bones Highland had a couple of steals and got them into their offense right away, finding Terrence Man for some easy points in transition. It actually was his defense, as this team is hanging their hat on that so far that got them going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three steals at him in the first like two minutes of the ballgame. He finishes the night with three assists and ten points. If bones Island continues to be this active on the defensive end, I mean, the deflection numbers are off the chart for him this preseason, there's an opportunity for him to play because defense is going to get you on the floor. Just ask Kawhi Leonard. That's how he got on the floor in zend Antonio. Can Bones Highland be a pest defensively pick up ninety four feet and then also knock down big time shots on the offensive end. The Clippers could have packaged a trade I think with PJ. Tucker and Bones Highland at this point in time, you feel like somebody would take the upside on Bones Highland. But there's a reason they've stuck with him. There's a reason they want to see him thrive. He's a second team All rookie for a reason, and he continues to show that he can be a serviceable player for this Clipper team. And like you said, and like Tyl Lewis said, there's a path for him to play minutes down the stretch of the season.
Speaker 2: Like what we saw from Aviatsa Zubas just fifteen minutes but eight points, and I thought he was a little bit more assertive and also just more decisive out there getting to his spots this time. Early on we saw him back down's the bonus not easy get to the little running right handed hook in the lane for his first two points.
Speaker 1: I thought of Eatsa.
Speaker 2: Zubats had a nice ball game, also maybe giving him even more confidence because of he knows how much he's going to be featured heading into the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really stepped up and did what Tyler called on him to do, which was that was to be patient on the offensive end ad him. I thought he was extremely patient on the offensive vent his ability to get into the block, take a couple of dribbles, get to his right hand hook, which we know is just absolutely gorgeous and usually ends up in two points for the Clippers.
Speaker 1: If Eatsa.
Speaker 4: Zubats was aggressive, the Clippers are going to have to play through him. When you think about the Sun's team coming in, they got a couple of good big men with use of Nerd Kitchen then Mason Plumby backing him up. But I think of Eats the Zubats finish around the rim and his ability to rebound. The basketball Phoenix struggled with all year long. Last year, their rebounding was towards the bottom of the NBA. We'll see if somebody like avit' zubots can be a difference maker in that game with all those great wings the Suns have.
Speaker 1: But I just can't wait. I mean, we did the.
Speaker 4: Preseason, we talked about the storylines, but now it's time to do the real thing. As we mentioned twice on this broadcast, two games can be the difference between third and ninth out West. Every single night matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially against a team in the Pacific Division who the Clippers took down tonight in the Sacramento Kings. They'll see him four times during the regular season. As we're getting underway, starting things off next Wednesday, right back yard into It Dome. Tip off between the Clippers and Phoenix Suns. Oh and old so I was very familiar folks, and in our tribal and a team and the only team in the NBA that has knocked them out of the playoffs three times. Tip off at seven, right back heard into It till next Wednesday. We'll have your pregame show starting at six. Clippers versus Sons. Carlo Jimenez, Great Carl is always well done throughout the preseason. You know I expect even more was the regular SUSA starts.
Speaker 4: Oh, Adam, come on like the Halo board. We're just getting started. We are just getting started. Me, you and big Bro Chris Taylor doing our Saturday. Okay, do you knew him back in the studio? No, get after it. Huh.
Speaker 2: We haven't unveiled everything yet either.
Speaker 1: We stretched at the game time. Well talk to you, oh the very next segment.
Speaker 2: But Carlo Jimenez next Wednesday, right back here at the dome.
Speaker 1: Clippers and Socks, let's do it baby.
Speaker 2: Coming up backs your post game box score. Clippers take down the Kings with some style points. One thirteen to ninety one was your final, as six Clippers were in double figure scoring and they were led by Jordan Miller who had a game honch twcey one points on that. Coming up next, I'm Adam Ozlav. You're listening to your Clippers locker room post game show right here on Los Angeles Clippers on the Lady Clippers win big over the Sacramento Kings in preseason game number five. Their final one thirteen to ninety one is your final. Clippers led big at the half They put this one away early and did so without James Harden, with out Derek Jones Junior. It was the most impressive game to me of the preseason, considering their opponent outside de Aaron Fox. I'm not trying to make light of that. Obviously is a big part of what they do. But the Kings had the bonus, they had Derosen, they had Keegan Murray, and they were a mess. I think they had nine turnovers in the first quarter. The Clippers defense man holding every team in the preseason under one hundred that is impressive. I mean in the first half the Kings they were under thirty percent shooting. They ended up shooting just thirty five percent for the game, twelve to forty six from three. Clippers were at fifty four percent. Bones Highland was leading them early on with some of his defensive he plays. He had three steals. You know, I love busy. Bones was talking to you guys off the air on the YouTube live side on Clippers Talk. But this is your Clippers' locker room postgame show. Shall we get after this final box score?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: At the half, the Kings had more turnovers than made shots. They had thirteen turnovers to twelve made shots. Secondly made thirty field goals in the entire ballgame. They had twenty three turnovers after a game where the Dallas Mavericks had twenty nine. Here into a home on Monday night, and the Clippers have been turning teams over left and right. Granted they've had their own issues there nineteen turnovers tonight, but still Sacramento had twenty three. My goodness, that was Clip City's back. It's just preseason. I don't want to make too much out of it. Cam Christy, it looked like he turned the left ankle. Give you an update on that coming up. But this is the comment right here. What have I been saying about Jordan Miller all preseason? It just looks too easy for him, it is, you gotta challenge him. Tonight he was going up against Keithan Murray, one of their better defenders, a young player but with a lot of experience in the league, and he was getting buckets. You can't stop Jordan Miller getting downhill, and he's got great touch, that little southpaw, lefty floater runner push shot. I don't know eight of eleven, two of two from three, a no dip three twenty one points. His defense was good. He had to play on the far sideline with Tamar DeRozan going for a ball like staying in front of his man. You have to play Jordan Miller. He has to get a chance in the regular season. I'm telling you now, this is it. This is a guy who has earned it. Every hurdle you put in front of him. He continues to clear. He looks. I know it's level of competition. We have to take that into account. But Sacramento tonight outside darreon Fox, they were playing their guys. Simonis was playing early in the fourth quarter. What Jordan Miller is thriving? Spencer Van boos Kirk says, I need some Jordan Miller minutes this season. I put up the Kenny Smith, Vince Carter. It's over. It's over, ladies and gentlemen. You have to play Jordan Miller. He looks way too good. This is what this Clipper season could turn into. There's an opening because we don't know if they're contender right now. We don't know, and Kawhi Leonard is going to be back. Young guys have to get run. You might find somebody in a season like this. What could end up being a transitional year. Who knows, but Miller starts things off left handed floater and one another floater in the lane, another and one on a left handed floater, the no dip three another three second quarter, good defense on DeRos and ten and a half. Then split the defense in the third quarter with the left handed layup another push shot man first one hundred wins. It's the law, Mio said. Love to see Coffee be aggressive too, love seeing him be aggressive. Yeah, a mere Coffee was very good in this game, very good second in scoring with his eighteen that's accurate five of ten, knockdown three three pointers. He shot thirty eight percent from three last season, and he didn't start playing till basically January, maybe early December. I am impressed. I have to say tonight solidified some of my thoughts this preseason about what's real with this team. The defensive effort is real. The thing coach lou had said in Honolulu before their first game regarding their identity and what type of ball club they're trying to be, he said, a team that plays hard. He just filtered it down and simplified it to a team that plays hard. Obviously, there's a lot of schematics. They're learning a new defensive system over JVG Jeff van Gunde. But whoever is out there is playing hard. Jay says preseason Shams, I'm going to Vegas and betting big on this team. Tom Rain said, if a suspension is coming for KPg, what time frame would you expect that information? I don't know. Stop asking me. I have no idea. Guys, can we chill like I can give you the amount of games or when it's going to come. I have no idea. I just know it might come. Clippers coming with that defensive mentality. One thirteen to ninety one. Your final over the Sacramento Kings, who were playing everybody but deer and Fox. As they win zero five in the preseason and continue not to be able to hit from distance. That is bizarre considering their team that plays the analytics and gets up a lot of threes. More on this one more postgame coming up next live from into a Dome. You want to see what it looks like on the Halo three sixty when the Clippers are victorious. Clippers win, Wait, it just went away there? It is what the cool new cursive which is homage Clipper Nation I know you guys are feeling good tonight. We'll talk about it. You know what, when I get home after this, Clippers Talk after dark. Believe that that is happening still on the Patriot AM eleven fifty and Clippers Talk on the YouTube side right now, more Clippers Talk next right here on the Los Angeles Clippers are on your network.
Speaker 3: Throws it off the window, finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: LA Clippers.
Speaker 3: Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio.
Speaker 2: Iive the Clippers were a Golden State Warriors buzzer beater and Honolulu like that should even count away from going five to zero in the preseason. They win tonight over the Sacramento Kings here and into it home one thirteen and ninety one. Welcome back into your postgame show here on the Patriot AM eleven fifty and on the YouTube live on Clippers Talker at Clippers Talk as the channel. Appreciate you guys in here, throwing in a lot of questions and comments, a lot of love and support coming in for Jordan Miller tonight. A lot of people were already high on him Carlojimenez stole him as his player to watch tonight. I had Bones high when I heard Bones was starting. I'm going with Bones and Bonds was good just four thirteen, but ten points and got things started. He got t Man going, who, by the way, was five of six and knockdown three pointer. I think that's big for him too. I don't think he took a three last game, but t Man had twelve points and got some easy looks in transition. There was one point in the first half where Terrence Man didn't have numbers. It was like a one on three coming from right to left, still went towards the basket, still went downhill, drew the foul, couldn't get the bucket. But that's what I want to see. Aggressive attack mode put him on their heels, forced the issue. Terrence Man's too good at finishing at the basket. Top three guard finishing at the basket. He's a top three guard the last two years. The only guy better than him last season was Luka Dacic in that area. Jays said, how the Clip's going to get Miller on a regular contract. I don't know, sir. I think it starts by I would think moving PJ.
Speaker 1: Tucker.
Speaker 2: Anthony Armstrong said, who does he play over though Jordan Miller depends. Can he play the four? If all of a sudden, Jordan Miller could play the four. If he can be the power forward, that would cure a lot of what the Clippers or what ails them. Yeah, we'll set Adam spit it out Ozland that Mexican Nara said, agreed, Jordan Miller needs minutes. Also, give that man a standard contract asap. They can't. There's only so many of them. Someone has to be cut first or traded a two for one trade, so then you open up one roster spot. Not that easy. And all you guys last show are saying kai Jones has to get the standard contract. Well, kai Jones struggled understandably against the Mantis a bonus, even Alex lenn At times those are NBA rotation bigs. Bonus is a star, Alex lenn is a solid backup, and things were a little bit too sped up for Kai Jones, who had to hack a SA Bonus at times, who used his aggressiveness the bonus using it against kai Jones, getting him up in the air. It was a good lesson. I'm glad he played as many minutes as he did. He still had a ridiculous and one dunk in the second half off of a steal where they rewarded the big man running the floor in Kai Jones deca fantastic on the YouTube side, said PJ. Gone Miller contract midway. Kai will probably be on the two way the entire year because Bamba. We'll see, We'll see what happens. I don't want to make any long reaching conclusions about the preseason outside of I believe this team is gonna play hard. It's that simple. That's what coach lu said, and that's what we saw throughout the preseason. That's encouraging to me. They're building an identity toughness, a resilient nature. What does that sound like? The twenty one, twenty two team, the eighteen nineteen team, the seventeen eighteen team. Seen this movie before and I like it. Clippers end up going forward one in the preseason. They win tonight one thirteen to ninety one over the Sacramento Kings in Game number five. Their next game right back here at into a Dome next Wednesday, October twenty third, they're taking on the Phoenix Suns. Tip off at seven, pregame at six. Before we get out of here, I want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jim and his big brother, Jake Warner, our head engineer, Katie Newton, our producer back in the bank, the call, the listeners, the chatters. More coming up later on the YouTube side. When I get back home in about forty five minutes, I'll fire it back up. Clippers Talk after dark. You guys are too excited about this team, so am I talk to you then.
Speaker 1: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended. Jacarding Chudging.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Locker Road, a postgame look at today's GAT.
Speaker 2: Every game all season.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network