Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk, get them dives.
Speaker 2: Thatt's the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 5: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 6: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 3: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I dot it.
Speaker 7: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass, Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 4: Ring.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas the Road Dogs are back home. Hi everybody, and I'll welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're well on this Tuesday night here in southern California. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty seven and fourteen on this season.
Speaker 3: What a start to the year.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are having a game and a half lead over the San Diego Padres in the NL West, three and a half games up on the Giants, five and a half games up on the Diamondbacks, and well, Colorado Rockies. They're twenty games back in the division already. After a ten game, ten day road trip to Atlanta, Miami in Arizona, the Dodgers now back home for the start of a long nine game homestand first up a three game interleague series with the team formerly known as the Oakland A's Land and Knack on the mount of this series open. Our first pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You are gonna hear from Clayton Kershaw. Yes, coming up in forty five minutes, as the future Hall of Famer is coming off the injured list. Later on this week DV we'll sit down with them and go one on one. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minutes we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast.
Speaker 3: Booth with Tim Neverett and Jose Mota.
Speaker 1: Well Sunday, the Dodgers wrapped up their longest road trip of the season with a win down in the Desert.
Speaker 3: Tony Gonslin got the start.
Speaker 1: The right hander went five shutout innings long, three hit, struck out four along the way. The Dodgers offense came alive in Arizona and the first Freddie Freeman got started.
Speaker 6: Perdomo playing up the middle. Third baseman Suarez way off the bag one out of the pitchers, swung on and hit in the left center field gap. That's down, It's gonna go to the wall. Lookie on the run. He's gonna get waved home by Dino reebl Ookie around third.
Speaker 2: He is to the plate, he scores and.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers leaded one nothing on a double by Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 1: Freddie with the RBI double, Dodgers up one nothing. In the fifth they really went to work. Freddie Freeman sack fly, Dodgers up two to nothing. Will Smith and RBI single Dodgers up three to nothing.
Speaker 3: And in the sixth.
Speaker 1: Show, Hey o Towny the RBI single Dodgers up four to nothing over the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: In the seventh, more Freddy, here's.
Speaker 4: A two to two swang.
Speaker 6: I'm well hit to right, It's deep.
Speaker 4: Going back to the track to.
Speaker 5: The wall God, it's in the pool.
Speaker 6: Splash down as Freddy Freeman hits a mother of a home run on Mother's Day. It is five to nothing.
Speaker 1: Freddie Freeman into the pool and Chase Field home run number nine, his fourth RBI of the game, and that is the top tier play of the game, brought to by ARCO quality, top tier gas for less in the ninth.
Speaker 3: Dodgers of five to one.
Speaker 1: When they added to that lead, Mookie Bets a solo home run, Will Smith and RBI double. Andy pot has gone into the fund with an RBI single Dodgers with three in the ninth. They go on and beat the Diamondbacks on Sunday, eight to one. Tony Gonsel and the win Freddie Freeman four for four, two doubles, a home run and four RBI. Dodgers with the win now twenty seven and fourteen on this season.
Speaker 3: They get the.
Speaker 1: Split in the four game series in Arizona, but they finished the road trip six and four. After a day off yesterday, much needed, the Dodgers back at it on this Tuesday night for the start of a three game series against the Athletics Land and Knack on the Mountain with more, we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and jose A Mota.
Speaker 3: Guys, thank you very.
Speaker 6: Much, Tim. Really nice night at Dodgers Stadium for a ballgame. Is the Dodgers get sent to begin a nine game homestand first.
Speaker 3: Three here with the Athletics.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: They're not in Oakland, or they are in Sacramento, but they're just going by the Athletics this year, so we'll refer to them as the A's or the Athletics, and they will be sending Jeffrey Springs, a left hander, to the mound against right handed Land and Mack here in Game one. The Dodgers start the night with the best record in baseball to twenty seven and fourteen, a game and a half in front of the San Diego Padres and the National League Western Division standings. Meantime, the A's have the best road record in Major League Baseball thirteen and seven, and their record one game over five hundred, twenty one and twenty. They're game and a half behind the American League West leading Seattle Mariners, so the A's a bit of a surprise so far. This year in the Al West and Jose motive with us tonight. Rick is at a wedding family wedding this week in Florida. Sojse just looking at this athletics team. This is a young team and a team with some players who are really hungry, hungary.
Speaker 7: And also anytime you see the Dodgers, you want to go out there and show Marcotte, your manager, that we can compete at any level. You mentioned the fact about you know, how well to play on the road, and there's been nine and to day. I mean they're still getting used to their home club over in West Sacramento. Things had not gone well on the pitching side, especially there. They're coming off a very tough home tend work. Marcosse says, we got to get used to, you know, liking playing at home. And actually the offense has been quite fine. But I think opposing offense since I've been way better. But they do have some very interesting name, nice mix of guys that are going to put the ball in play, surprisedly with some power and guys it.
Speaker 4: Are going to go out there and give us some deep at bats.
Speaker 7: So it is a series in which you cannot take anybody in that lineup the grind at all.
Speaker 6: No, you can't. It's a big series for them because they're trying to keep pace with Seattle Pig series obviously for the Dodgers, big homestand Dodgers have a great record at home this year, and the A's have been very good on the road as I mentioned, but show hey Ochani has been incredible. Freddie Freeman starts this week as the National League Player of the Week. What a week he had, What a finale he had against Arizona, going four for four, single, two doubles in a home run.
Speaker 7: I mean, Freddy's been fun to watch throughout his career, but I think he's at a stage now where he finally admitted to him his swing is where he wants it to be, and he is so honest with everybody, so transparent about where he want things to roll in. You know, for Freddie, it's quite easy to go out there and nurse understand what he is. When he starts rolling foul balls to the right side, he'll tell you that's not it now. In Arizona, there was one at bat last game he was real late ball near his hands. He felled it off with ugly swing, and I was telling Pepe in the broadcast side and I said, that's this one he wants because he's on the ball, he's a little bit late, and before you know what, he goes left center field, RBI double and Freddy two is a guy that you can now stay in one pattern. You can you don't order to play him sometimes in the outfield because he sprays the ball so well. But boy, you talk about never being in a hurry to hit, but also the same time understanding what he's gonna be attacked. He's pretty much an in tune with the pitcher and in tune with the swing right now, and.
Speaker 6: He's hitting in the cleanup spot. Tonight. Will Smith will bat third against the left handers Springs and Andy Pie His fifth key, k Hernandez will get the start at third base. Max Months he getting at least the start of the game off against the left ea tonight, so different looking lineup, Chris Taylor getting a chance. He'll be batting ninth in centerfield.
Speaker 7: You have a chance to go out there and give Craig Taylor some repetitions for Chris. I think the matter is that it's time. It seems like come sometimes he gives you to go to and then next time you just go back to the old habits. But it seems to me that he needs to find the consistency and knowing his role, He's not gonna be playing every day. It's gonna be sporadic to just make contact and go from there because we know that Dave Roberts is gonna continue to give him opportunities.
Speaker 6: The athletics are here, the A's and the Dodgers. It'll be Landing Neck getting the start against Jeffrey Springs as we get you set for game one of this three game series, Tim all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, what are you doing for dinner right now?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: Game Dame meal On at Shaky's Pizza Parlor? What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken emojos?
Speaker 3: Right now? It shakys dot Com.
Speaker 1: Coming up here on Dodgers on Dick, you're gonna hear from Clayton Kurdishaw that is coming up in thirty five minutes. He is making his return this week. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Say check sent of course, throughout the show. We'll break down this pitching matchup. We got your O Tani rewind though. Next we come back, leading up to Dodgers and Athletic on this Tuesday night. First pitch at seven ten. Nexts you being with us. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and the Athletics. Lennon Knack left handed, Jeffrey Springs on the mound for Sacramento, Oakland, Vegas, wherever they're from nowadays.
Speaker 3: First pitch, coming up at seven tens.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani rewy.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 6: Otani swings, knocks it on the ground up the middle of a ship and he has now hit in nine straight games. He kicks and deals and Otani bangs it to right field. That's a Bay shit coming into a score as Conforto, It's four nothing, a solid rip to right by Otani and he's two for four.
Speaker 2: Showy.
Speaker 1: Otani would end up going two for five on Sunday on the Mother's Day win over the Diamondbacks. He had an RBI and a run score as the Dodgers finished off their road trip with.
Speaker 3: An eight to one win or the Snakes.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson. O.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kirsten now joins us from Dodger Stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Cars for Kids eight seven seven Cars for Kids. Give them a call right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today.
Speaker 3: Before we get to on the field. And a lot of injury news to get to Kirston. Very cool.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers of the Make a Wish Foundation coming together today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we actually have seven new players today. We got seven new Dodgers a part of the Make a Wish Foundation, and I had the privilege of spending some time with them as a few of them are interested after there. Of course, professional one day of being a Dodger big leaguer might have some interesting broadcast careers. So me as well as Joe Davis and Eric Carro's got to sit down and have some nice conversation with them about just different opportunities and working in sports and what it's like to be on the calls and how special that is. And then of course their day just kept on going. They got to play catch with some of the guys they're actually going to be throwing out the first pitch today. Dave Roberts gave them an incredible ceremonies with them signing their one day contracts. So we want to make memories here and these kids they deserve this and they battle their own different things, and so for them to be here today to celebrate their fandom and their love for Dodgers Baseball and now getting to be a part of Dodgers Baseball, it's really special. And so just to be a small part today, these are the best days to be honest.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. It brings a smile to everybody's face. Speaking of Dodger players, what's the latest on the injury front, Because you looked at the il, there's a long list of Dodgers.
Speaker 8: There is literally so long of a list right now that Dave Roberts pulled out a piece of paper during our media hastrom to go through everything. So let's just kind of to the high level bullet point. So first with Blake's he's someone that we've been kind of waiting to hear as just this throwing program when it's going to start. He hasn't played catch just yet. Dave roberts all the way on the road so that he was going to be seeing the team doctor. So he still is going to today ahead of the game. So hopefully we'll have more information afterwards. But Dave said that if everything goes well with the doctor, then he will start throwing his throwing. He will start his throwing program on Wednesday. Tyler Glass now has already started his throwing progression, so for him, until he starts getting closer to bullpens, they won't really have an idea as just his timeline to return. But the fact that he's picked up a baseball is great news for him. He's on the right path. Then you got on the position player side, Taascar Hernandez as well as Tommy Edmund. Tommy is eligible to come off the eyel at this point, but his ankle was just taking a little bit longer to heal. Today he was working with the training staff actually doing some kind of sprinting high knees, kind of more agility movements out here, doing some hurdles and stuff. So for him, he looked really good, just from my eye, but hopefully things continue to progress for him because running has been the biggest hold up for him, So hopefully we'll be seeing kind of we'll have good news. He's going to take part in a live VP along with Taskar hernandez An upcoming day, so they're actually going to be hitting off of Emmit Chian, So hopefully that goes well for Tao. He is available to off the IL after this homestand so excuse me, after this series against the A's, so hopefully, you know, Dave said that if things go well, he could be eligible, especially over the weekend, so hopefully we'll be seeing him returning. But he said today he's feeling good.
Speaker 1: Fingers crossed these guys get back sooner rather than later.
Speaker 3: Kirsten, appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game.
Speaker 1: Still to come here on Marango Casino, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this bitching matchup. David Vassa goes one on one with the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kerr shot. But up next, we got an injury report and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts case the Dodgers and Athletics on this Tuesday night. First bitch is seven ten. I've sent kas is the world champion Los Angeles Audio.
Speaker 2: Know this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue All Season Law.
Speaker 1: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck in ten us as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Athletics, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times, A landing neck and Jeffrey Springs the pitching matchup in the series opener.
Speaker 3: First pitch, It's seven ten.
Speaker 2: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 1: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Evan Phillips on the il with the sore right forearm. You heard Cirsten run down the list of players and the injuries. Ti Oscar Hernandez, Tommy Edmen trending in the right direction. Tyler Glass now is gonna start throwing hopefully later on this week. Blake Snell waiting for a doctor's approval to start throwing again. Blake trying it on the sixty day IL. Michael Kopex in Oklahoma City working his way back. Clayton Kershaw. You'll hear from him coming up in twenty minutes, the latest from the future Hall of Famer. All right, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check out with the Dodger skipper, Dave.
Speaker 5: Do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 4: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 2: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: I think Landon's Uh, Landon's in a good spot. Landon, I think with this lineup, we don't know these guys very much. They do a good job of Uh there's lefties, righty's. They hit some homers. But I think with Landon's pitch mix, he should pitch well tonight. And I think for us, the bullpen's in a good spot, and so for him to get into the sixth inning, uh, the offense to do what we've been doing, you know, hopefully would bode well for our.
Speaker 4: Ball club to.
Speaker 2: Stop there yesterday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I do got a little update. I had to kind of write this out because we've got a long list of injuries here. So Blake is going to see the doctor before the game, and if it checks out well from an orthopedic standpoint, Uh, he'll initiate a throwing program on Wednesday.
Speaker 10: Tyler.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, so Tyler through a started up throwing progression. Uh, he'll continue to work towards a bullpen and uh we'll have a more clear picture later this homestand but he has started throwing the baseball though.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tommy.
Speaker 9: D Yeah, Tommy and Tasker are doing some drills and then they're going to do a live batting practice with Emmett Shean, one of our one of our guys is going to come on Wednesday and they'll do a live VP with Emmett.
Speaker 3: Good to hear Emma Shean's name again.
Speaker 1: He is training his way back from Tommy John surgery as well. All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dug guy. When we continue here on Marago Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from David say with all the latest.
Speaker 3: What's the word on Rookie Sasaki.
Speaker 1: Dave's gonna tell us when we come back as we lead out to first pitch on this Tuesday Night, Mookie Bets Bobblehead Night, Dodgers and Athletics on Tim Kase's a World Champion, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network as.
Speaker 2: We were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball Dance.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers and Athletics started a three game set, landing knack on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch. It's sevent ten.
Speaker 2: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger insider David Base all right.
Speaker 1: DV mentioned it when we went to break what's going on with Roki Sasaki? Now the latest to go to the injured delicious moments ago?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, the velocity was down in each of his last two starts, Tim, so that was some sort of a red flag that he was not feeling good physically. And the Dodgers now have made this move by placing Roki Sazaki on the il with right shoulder impingement and recall JP Fireeyes and I got worried about this move around three o'clock this afternoon, but the Dodgers still did not want to make it public. They certainly have now, and look, this is a good thing for Roki Sazaki and the Dodgers in the long run. They can't keep running him out there and him compromising the bullpen not only the day that he pitches, but the days leading up to it and the days after it. So if he wasn't feeling right physically, this was the right move, all.
Speaker 1: Right, David Freddie Freeman, Man, what this guy did on this last road trip was pretty remarkable.
Speaker 3: Hitting near only four hundred on the season.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, he had an incredible road trip that earned him National League Player of the Week. On this past ten game road trip for the Dodgers, Freddie hit four to seventy five with an OPS of thirteen hundred. He drove in sixteen runs, not only four home runs in three doubles in a triple, but in the process drove in sixteen runs, including a very special four for four day with a home run on Mother's Day this past Sunday. So Freddy is remarkable, and he told us if you remember on Saturday, Tim, you know, people just think that he shows up now and he's feeling great with that right ankle.
Speaker 4: That's not the case.
Speaker 5: Freddy let us in that it takes an hour and a half of treatment and preparation to get ready to play at seven ten, So he's still putting in the work to make sure that right ankle cooperates.
Speaker 3: David is driven by four. There's one thing we like. It's choices.
Speaker 1: Find yours with the four and F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this march can only be called the F one fifty. So Rookie Sasaki the late Dodger to go on the injured list with the right shoulder impingement.
Speaker 3: The list gets longer. For Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: We just heard him a few minutes ago bring out that piece of paper with the update on the pinchers. What's the latest with ta Oscar Hernandez and Tommy Edmund dv Well.
Speaker 5: I got good news on those two guys because they were both working out on the field earlier today at about three point thirty, and I talked to Taoscar Hernandez after his workout. I should say that he was put through by the Dodgers' strength and conditioning team. They put him to work more than he works when he's playing and he's healthy, and a lot of players tell me that. I mean the way he was moving, he was ready to go. I think the last check mark will be tomorrow. How he comes in, how he feels and also they're going to try to simulate him getting hot and cooling off for three outs, just to make sure he's able to heat back up. Simulating a baseball game. For Tommy Edmund, I notice he be wrapping on his right ankle, but he was doing straight lines and agility drills because on Sunday on Mother's Day, remember he joined us as well and let us know that that's the last hurdle for him running in a straight line. So he went through that today and I expect both those guys to be activated sometime on this homestand.
Speaker 1: Dave real quick with the left hander on the mound for the Athletics, that means a couple of guys get an opportunity to start, Keyky Hernandez at third base and.
Speaker 3: Chris Taylor getting a shot in the center field.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Chris Taylor is not going to play on a night like tonight, then why is he on the roster. I mean, you have to play Chris Taylor on a night like tonight. And I love that keyk Hernandez is getting the start at third base. Max Mounsey is a big part of this team, but until he gets it going consistently. You've got to be able to go to a guy like keyk Hernandez. I love keik against the left hander tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, David, great information, got the breaking news with Rookie Sasaki. Got it all in with the best Dodger insider, David Vasse. Coming up next on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You are gonna get your Hoffey magical moment.
Speaker 3: Don't forget.
Speaker 1: Coming up in fifteen minutes, the Hall of Famer to be Clayton Kershaw making his return. Later on this week, DV goes one on one with number twenty two. That's all coming up. Dodgers Athletics. First pitch is sevent ten. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Athletics landon Negg Jeffrey Springs.
Speaker 3: The pitching magic up coming up in less than fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: You're gonna hear from Clayton Kershaw. First pitch seventen.
Speaker 5: I here all that hot dog who wants.
Speaker 2: The hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: We go back to the magical year of nineteen eighty eight. The Dodgers and the then Oakland A's squaring off of the Fall Classic, Game one, Dodgers Stadium, October fifteenth, Dodgers trailing the A's and the ninth inning Dennis Eckersley on the mound facing Kirk Gibson.
Speaker 6: Sack's waiting on deck, but the game right now is at the plate, high fly ball into white field.
Speaker 8: She is gone.
Speaker 6: In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened.
Speaker 1: Ah the Great Vincecully with the call Kurk Gibson the home run to beat the Oakland A's Game one of the nineteen eighty eight eight World Series. The Dodgers would go on and win in five games. The Haffey Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hafey So Cows, local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great. Let me continue here on Dodgers on deck. We all check you with Jose Mota for leading up to first pitch in the ravine Dodgers and Athletics. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 2: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season Law Law.
Speaker 1: Dodgers back home to start a nine game homestand first up the Athletics landing neck Jeffrey Springs the pitching matchup in the series opener, first pitch at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: The TEP back out to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: David Vasay and Jose Motives standing by.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tim, We just got the news.
Speaker 5: We talked about it earlier that the Dodgers have placed rokies Azaki on the injured list with right shoulder in pingchment. Jose, I guess this explains while the fastball velocity was dipping towards ninety four miles an hour.
Speaker 7: Clearly explains it why he was not letting loose. We always talk about guy's extension when the balls troubled out of their hand in the consistent release point.
Speaker 4: He just didn't have that.
Speaker 7: He's a tall guy who had good extension because of that, But we knew, Dave, it's not holding back because of wanting to find the strike zone.
Speaker 4: Holding back because he just did not feel well.
Speaker 5: Makes sense. When you talk about a shoulder impingement, we always hear about maybe trying to get better velocity or movement, or throwing a slider by changing your arm slot. Are you aware of Sazaki changing the arm slot?
Speaker 7: I don't haven't seen anything that tells me that sometimes pronating if a fastball could create that. I know guys that I've talked in the past that I've told me that, you know, throwing a cutter has done it, But we haven't seen anything from a fort seamer to the slider to the you know, the.
Speaker 4: Split or forth well that he throws. So beyond that, I'm guessing that pretty much you.
Speaker 7: Know, getting insto the workload here in the US as opposed to Japan, the different things he's had to go through.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless we knew that.
Speaker 7: We just we're not seeing the best version of rookie Sasaki, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Hopefully this will give him an opportunity to get healthy and get on the right track, because he's only pitching once a week and he's putting the Dodger bullpen in a bad spot before and after.
Speaker 7: If he's not healthy, it's a good thing for the Dodgers right now, truly speaking, and it's a good thing for Sosaki to clear his head because sometimes his eyes are one to tell you that he doesn't feel comfortable. He is not confident, and hopefully by watching games and slowing things down and getting stronger, I mean this guy's sign because he wants to win. He wanted to come to the US earlier than anybody, but the youngest player ever posted in Japan, rookie Sasaki, wanted to come here for a reason to contribute, to have success, and it's not happening right now. But you know what, he's still a young man, still a long row ahead of him. Hopefully the rights of them will be teedging because they need him at full All right.
Speaker 5: Let's turn our attention to tonight's opponent, the Athletics, who are wandering in Sacramento until they end up in Vegas. They're not a pushover. They're not the Pirates, they're not the Rockies. They're gonna give the Dodgers a series.
Speaker 7: A very good team, specially on the road without thirteen and seven records. In fact, they have hit mohomers on the road than in Sacramento, where you think the balls flying. All the teams visiting there have feasted on their pitching, but their pitching has not done their job in stopping the other offenses. But this team Marcasse is going to be scrappy. They have players that put the ball in play, a lot of hungry young players, and I think you know, I'm looking forward to seeing to see how they stop them. The Dodgers know their hands are full of teams like this because it's almost like the unknown where you got to do your scouting reports on the field sometimes kind of take you a couple of innings. Hopefully because they know about Jeffrey Springs, they can go out there making justment. Since I was thinking about this day, two hole sec of steels the last lefty they face in relief. Same approach you need to have against a guy that averages ninety miles an hours on his fastball to make sure you have successful because he really prides himself in soft contact and a lot of soft pop ups.
Speaker 5: I love having Key k Hernandez at third base against the lefty tonight.
Speaker 4: Yes, Kicko knows how to play position.
Speaker 7: He's so fast, he reacts so well, he has great instincts and keick you knows how to cover line the line and also keick it with the arm can cover and help Mookie bets whole lot too.
Speaker 5: You got your trustee Glove with you again filling in for Rick Monday tonight and this series. How many opportunities do you expect to get? Quite a few, because when I'm booth over, you think you're gonna get more.
Speaker 7: I always hear the client's over here when I'm on the other side. So but I look forward to perhaps catching one for Dwayne.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll see if you catch one for Dwayne between now and the time Rick Monday returns, which will be towards.
Speaker 7: The end of this nine game homestand and if I drop one, will I hear the end of it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Never, I'll be on you the rest of the day after I plaid a glove.
Speaker 5: My show up now, Mazon, No thanks, Ose, We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: You better catch that baseball, Jose. All right, that's the doctor's game plan. What's your game plan? Dodger fan? Tap about starting your future to California Community College financial aid. It's available to help you tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step classes they can film quickly, so en roll today. It's I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Tim and Jose will have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with the future Hall of Famer number twenty two making his return later on this homestand Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 3: That's next, leading you up to Dodgers and Athletics.
Speaker 1: First pitch to seven to ten of Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Leading you up to Dodgers and Athletics landing Knack on the Mount.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Handcrafted Sushi.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Zen she hand crafted sushi made fresh on site daily, made by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and tradition.
Speaker 3: You can taste.
Speaker 1: Make sure you to a head to any participating it Ralphs right now, and you can just scan the QR code at the zen She counter and find out if you can win the Sweet Life to an upcoming game at the Ravine. Yeah, you're gonna get premium parking food sweet tickets. Find out more at Anti seventy ela sports dot com. Again lived at Zench's Sweet Life zen She hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: David, and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 2: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Even though the Dodgers have the best record in baseball, even though they're doing pretty well, there's something missing. And that's something whereas number twenty two And he'll be back on the mound on Saturday against the Angels, that pillar of strength, competitive spirit, back on the mound at Dodger Stadium in Clayton. Krushaw, thank you for the time. Great to see you back from Oklahoma City. Wow, what an intro, Thanks Dave.
Speaker 10: Good to be back.
Speaker 4: It's been a long road.
Speaker 5: It hasn't been easy. How gratifying is it that that moment is coming up here Saturday?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're right, this has been It has been a hard one for sure, But yeah, I'm super excited to get back out here. More than anything, just you know, tired of taking up space. You know, I want to I want to contribute. I want to help the team out. And so I'm I'm excited to get out there and start getting some people out and uh, you know, making a positive contribution.
Speaker 5: Even though it was rehab assignments in the minor leagues. How good did it feel to be out there and actually pitching again.
Speaker 10: Well, it feel good to be focused on pitching, you know. I think, you know, the last few times I pitched last year, just focus on how much my foot was hurting, you know. And so I think now kind of shifting the gears towards just how do I get people out, and you know, just focusing more on the next pitch as opposed to what hurts as nice, you know. So yeah, physically I feel good and it's been a it's been a hard road, but now that we're kind of on the tail end of that and starting the new chapter of actually getting the pitch has been Uh, it is exciting.
Speaker 5: When you set out on this rehab assignment, you talked about the toe cooperating, the foot cooperating. How long did you have to kick it before it cooperated? I still kick it.
Speaker 10: I still kick it is cooperating, you know. I think, Yeah, the last two weeks especially, I would say that I can feel the strength coming back a little bit and I feel like I can use it a little bit better. So I think it'll just continue to get better with time, and the more reps I get, the better. So no time like the president to start start getting some reps.
Speaker 5: Even though you've had the career that you've had, you're coming back from a couple of surgeries on the same leg to get the results you've got. Did that mean something to you? Did it validate anything that maybe you had doubts about?
Speaker 10: Well, I think anytime you can get people out, you know, I think that's important. And so that's why I enjoy going to Triple A because it's like, you know, these these guys are all good hitters, they're all you know, right on the cusp of being big leaguers. So it kind of gives some feedback right away. And obviously it's not the big leagues, but it's important to get that feedback, and I'll get some more feedback on Saturday for sure.
Speaker 5: Hey, the feedback that I saw, I mean I was happy to see it. That was an old school kershaw coming off the mound like you did, and turning and throwing to make a play off the mound. I mean, that's who you are. I mean, did you know you still had that?
Speaker 10: I just it's only in there if I need it. I guess I don't practice that too much. But no, that was that was a fun play. And yeah, I guess it's a good sign that the foot feels good.
Speaker 5: So it's great. I'm going to ask you a question that people keep asking me. What motivates you at this stage of your career to go through all this to come back?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean I think, my god, I think not letting an injury be the reason I stopped. I think that's probably the main thing. Look, if I get out there and get sheld and I'm not any good anymore and just the time is to the time, then that's one thing. But I don't want it to be because I didn't rehab an injury well, or I let something get the best of me, you know, So if another hitter gets the best of me, that's one thing. But I'm not gonna let myself do it to myself, if that makes sense, And so that's I think that's the biggest motivating factor. Another one is my family, you know. I think Ellen and my kids, they're both they all they all want me to keep going. And Ellen's super supportive of wanting me to do it as long as I can, as long as I want to, and so I mean if she wasn't as supportive as she was, it'd be a lot harder. So I think that's a huge motivating factor too.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go, when you look at this team and where it's at when you come back on Saturday, do you look at it from a ninety degree angle, looking down and seeing how it all comes together? How do you look at this team right now?
Speaker 10: I look at it, you know, I've been watching the games on TV just everybody else, and it's a great team, you know. I think, you know, forty games in you can see a lot of things that are going really well. And for me personally, I just want to be a part of it. So I'm excited to start contributing and hopefully for a long time all the way through October.
Speaker 5: No doubt, far from over. Kershaw. Don't forget it.
Speaker 10: I hear you. I like it, Thanks Dave.
Speaker 5: So great to have Clayton Kershaw back. It'll be even better and the world will be right. The baseball world will be right when Kershaw's back on the mount on Saturday against the Angels, the uz and Oskar Hey sung Kim Kershaw.
Speaker 10: Hey, those are nice pipes, high songs.
Speaker 5: Jack. Great to see you smiling. Great to have you back, all right, Thanks Dave. There he goes Clayton Kershaw, my guy, don't ever doubt it, and you'll receive a pair of sunglasses to Canaan Canaan's world best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot Com for your pair him. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Great to hear number twenty two and he is coming back this weekend. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game night, it's Grip Night at shakys dot Com.
Speaker 1: Leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and Athletics, don't go anywhere of Next We're gonna break down this pitching matchup. Tim Case's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Athletics on this Tuesday Night, Mookie Bench Bobblehead Night. For the first forty thousand in attendance, It's gonna be a crowded ravine. Tonight is the Dodgers back home after a long ten game road tip. Dodgers win six and four. They sit atop the NLS with a one and a half game lead. Let's dive deeper into this pitching matchup, and.
Speaker 2: Now before the Dodgers hit the din neck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Heresented by your Southern cal forty and Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard at a new Tacoma with an I Force turbocharged engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Jeffrey Spring on the mound four and three for a one Erora, thirty two year old left Tander, thirtieth round pick of the Rangers back in twenty fifteen out of Apple ash And State. He signed for one thousand dollars. He's grinded his way to the Major leagues, battle through injuries the last year and a half. At eight season the Big Leagues Rangers, Red Sox Race, and now his first with the Athletics after coming over to trade from Tampa this past offseason. Making his ninth start this season, he's finally healthy. He's one and oh a one to sixty for ERA and two starts in the month of May. He's two and three at a seven sixty six RRA and five starts in April. Last time out, five innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts, and a no decision against the Mariners. He's made only one career appearance against the Dodgers. That was in August to twenty eighteen with the Texas Rangers. He tossed his scoreless eighth and ninth inning in a Rangers eight four loss Landon Knack on the mound for the Dodgers. The Knacker, the twenty seven year old right hander, second round pick in twenty twenty at a Tennessee State, made his major league debut last season. He's been up, he's been down, he's been back up, he's been back down. Now he's back up with the Dodgers, and it looks really comfortable. Making his fourth start, fifth appearance this season at the big league level, and last time out, you can make a case it was his best one yet. Five shutout innings for Landon Neck, four hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Miami Marlins.
Speaker 3: He needs to duplicate that.
Speaker 1: Tonight's against the Athletics, so he's facing them for the first time in his career. So it's Landon Nack two and zero in the season, four to sixty one ERA against the veteran left hander Jeffrey Spring, four and three with a four to eighty one ERRA. Dodgers Athletics were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 3: He's to the game. Are next.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kasi's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: It's a Dodgers and as Lennox started a three game set beginning of a nine game homestand landed nac Jeffrey spring the pitching matchup first pitch of.
Speaker 3: Seven to ten.
Speaker 1: When the boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan in follow fire safety tips. For example, use it or install ignition resistant materials around your house. Use fire resistant materials when building a deck, replace events with ember and flame resistant vents. Use non combustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to your house. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire.
Speaker 3: Dot CA dot go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's tape back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tip Neverer Jose Mota, Guys.
Speaker 6: Tam, thanks again, Jeffrey Springs. The lefty will start for the A's. Land and Nac the right hand are starting for the Dodgers and Land and Knack last time out, five solid innings, four hits, no runs in a win over Miami.
Speaker 4: He looked good.
Speaker 7: He looked good because his fastball was commanded and I talked to Glenn Nack about that right after that outing, and he trusted the fastball.
Speaker 4: He put her in good spots. It wasn't just because it was the Marlins.
Speaker 7: I mean there are medicining team at Thompson as the dollaris in that series there and also here. But it's trusting that when the ball leave your hand's going to be in a good spot. And he did not miss a whole lot. Tim Old the medal of the play.
Speaker 6: And for the Dodgers against Jeffrey Springs, one of the keys of the game could be the running game. Now he's a left handed pitcher, but opposing base dealers are twelve for their last twelve against him.
Speaker 7: Got to get on base first. A guy that also induces into a lot of soft contacts. So if you get away from the soft pop up, ahead of the ball and under the baseball today he should be disfined. But he's not going to overwhelm me with velocity. Average is about ninety with that fastball and then slider change up on a sweeper. And first of all, the Dodgers have done a very good job adapting from the power lefties we saw here in the first homestand with schoobol and sale to the software throwing lefties and using the air part of the fields. So hopefully that approached middle de other way. We'll be there here tonight.
Speaker 6: Speaking of lefties, Dave Roberts announcing before the game that Clayton Kershaw will make his return to the big league club Saturday, and he'll start against the Angels. But tonight it is landon Neck and Jeffrey Springs as the Dodgers hosts the Ags him.
Speaker 1: All right, first pitch coming up, it's the Dodgers and the A's. It's the series opener. Yes, the Athletics in town landon Neck will tell the rubber when we return. Dodgers looking to stay atop the NL West interleague style against the Athletics and joined everybody, I'm Tim Kats's.
Speaker 3: The world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network