Speaker 1: Open the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the games Mike the Bulldog Beyond you.
Speaker 2: On Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by jrr's Rock the Bank Cash gave waye final week for our thousand dollars cash prizes. You'll have thirteen chances today and each weekday of this week to try to scoop up one thousand dollars just for rocking on the job with us.
Speaker 1: Had another thousand dollars winner here on jr R the other day. They're just racking a lot patch just like this. Just hand out them thousand. You get a thousand, You get a thousand.
Speaker 2: Right around nine oh five for your first opportunity of the day. Bulldog A relatively quiet sports night last night. As far as things have gone lately.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, it was but big, big developments in Orlando's effort to get Major League Baseball. We've been talking about it. I've told you guys, this thing is real. People are getting serious about it. We know they have the financial backers now, and Rick Workman, the founder of a Heartland dental John Morgan's involved.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We all know that the Rays are their their future in Tampa Bay is questionable. Yesterday, yesterday the first political backing for the effort, Orange County Commissioner Mike Scott announced that yes he had he is supporting the effort. Why is this significant Because Mike Scott represents the international drive tourism district with all the hotel hears all the tourism people over there, and now this baseball effort has Mike Scott involved. So this is getting serious.
Speaker 4: Guys. I'm telling you, hey, where is this?
Speaker 2: Has he voice carry?
Speaker 3: I've tried to, I'm trying to get an interview with him. He has not come out and said where he is on it. So we'll see what happens. But again, this is this is getting serious. When when when the tourism people want to get involved, When billionaires like Rick Workman and John Morgan want to get involved, that's a lot of political clout. This is this is moving along right here. If the Rays leave Tampa, they're gonna be in Orlando. Could we move the stadium closer?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad you brought that up, Taco, because Bulldog, let's just hear me out here for a second. If you turn on the local news, all you're hearing about is the opening grand opening of Epic Universe on Thursday, and the amount of additional traffic it's going to bring in. They've extended Kirkman Road, They've rebuilt an interchange there, and they're talking about it's still gonna be hectic as hell. Now you're thinking about dumping a baseball stadium right in the same immediate area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean they're gonna have to do They're gonna have to do some civil engineering for the track, for the traffic. But there is a thirty five acre parcel of land there that is perfect for a baseball stadium. The county owns it, so you know, it's not like you just have thirty five acres of land anywhere in the city of Orlando to build a stadium.
Speaker 1: So I say we slap it right where they're thinking of doing. That little uh green space underneath I for home run goes right into I four East. I don't give a rats ass. No, I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: Mano, Bob wants them to rebuild tinker Field.
Speaker 4: I say do that. Why not.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, dude, no room down there now. He wants to drive all the way out like that, not that far.
Speaker 4: I drive is not that far.
Speaker 1: You want to have some leaners at the doll at the ball game, cold Bears and not.
Speaker 4: Tom's watch bar.
Speaker 1: That's true game, Hey Bulldogs?
Speaker 4: So uh, I see that.
Speaker 2: The I guess it's the Green Bay Packers have kind of reformulated their push to eliminate.
Speaker 4: The push to push.
Speaker 2: I say they want to Well, I guess there's meetings again this week what in Minneapolis, and they're now trying to frame it as they want to ban any play that involves pushing or pulling a player forward. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm so tired of the tush push debate. Good lord, It's one play. It's not gonna it's not gonna be overruled. I'm a president Donald Trump endorsed at the White House the other day when the Eagles were there.
Speaker 4: You think anybody's gonna buck Trump on this?
Speaker 2: Hell, I'm not. I'm not arguing with you. My my statement would be work harder on defending it, you know, that would be That would be what my idea is.
Speaker 1: I say, we renamed the golf to the Golf of tush push.
Speaker 3: By the way, uh, controversy in the w n b A. There seems to be a question of whether there was actual, hateful and or racist comments made toward Angel Reese during her altercation with Caitlyn Clark during the w NBA's opener between Clark's Indiana team and Reese's Chicago team.
Speaker 4: It's all weekend, it's all yell out. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Have you watched full video where that Angel lady pushes Caitlyn's upon or Caitlyn's teammate and then Caitlyn goes and hacks the ball.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's b ball talking about what the fans.
Speaker 3: We're talking about. Yes, there was an altercation. They sort of had to be separated. Reese went after Caitlyn Clark, and according to the w n B A because they've launched this investigation, uh, there may have been hateful, racist comments by fans aimed at Reese. The thing is, the issue is nobody in the arena seem to have heard any.
Speaker 2: Any right, right, And you've got fans that were there saying there was a chant, but it wasn't anything along the lines of what the claims are being made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know where these claims started, whether Angel Reese said she heard something, but you know, no nobody in the arena, including security people seem to have heard it, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I just think it sucks because how many times you see this race card get pulled out in an attempt to inflame you know, emotions, and especially if it didn't happen that, come on, man.
Speaker 3: And and there's a different there's a difference between hateful comments and racist comments. Hateful comments and heckling happens all the time in in arenas.
Speaker 4: I'm at booing.
Speaker 3: Hateful comments, file comments, but there's a difference between that and using racial slurs. And nobody heard any racial slurs. Yeah, you don't use racial slurs. It's not right to do.
Speaker 1: What what they if you ask me at the end of the day, what the what the big story is is Caitlin Clark is selling out every arena she plays it for WNBA.
Speaker 4: That's insane. I mean, this is uh.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it, but this rivalry is actually good for the w would you guys, you guys if she was playing here, I've never been to a w n B.
Speaker 1: If she was playing wait a minute, I go see it.
Speaker 4: You didn't go when the Miracle were in town.
Speaker 3: That would have been a miracle if I was there, you didn't even know that we had a WNBA team. I did.
Speaker 2: Hey, could we go ahead and mention that we've got both NBA and NHL Conference Finals beginning tonight before we wrap that.
Speaker 3: That's right, My Florida Panthers in action tonight at Carolina, Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals. We just came off that Game seven victory over Toronto.
Speaker 4: You know what, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Happens from here on out, our season has been a success. I'm ready to declare the Florida Panthers season a success, no matter what happened.
Speaker 2: All Right, how you feel about Game one in the Western Conference Finals NBA tonight, you got Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Forward to it.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it. Minnesota versus OKC two of the brightest young stars in the league, Shay Gildess Alexander probably going to be the MVP Oklahoma City star Anthony Edwards of Minnesota. A lot of people are calling him the next face of the NBA, So we are going to get a glimpse into the future of the NBA in the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: Thank if him and Caitlin made love and had a baby, that some that son of a gum would be the biggest basketball stunt ever.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of that, do you know who's dating Angel Reese? Who Wendell Carter Junior of the Orlando Magic?
Speaker 4: You have it?
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog, the archy host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on it Jayson doesn't He takes a time out from his show to join us for the sports page here on j R R.
Speaker 3: By the way, happy birthday to day to the great Joe Cocker. We get by with a little help from our friends
Speaker 4: Prisono on demand to download the iHeartRadio app