Speaker 1: Making her wait till the mic they started dimming the lights. You started feeling all ride from Birmingham home with the teddy lungs and the rumor studies more once you discovered before rather of the lovers, Whitney Houston and Roman Reigns, all of the lovers, and Mickey James and Mark j all of the lovers that Sasha bangs, you're them on pay silk signing cat page. Allow me to say, look, I just found the blessed weetescape every one of us. I was kind of laxed. I just made it up the struble blood walking by the face because I know it's right in front of us.
Speaker 2: I ain't with the hay.
Speaker 1: You gotta focus on what's great, ladies and gentlemen. Steph Hardy's on the air. Had to drop a couple of bars just to make you all aware. So sit bad, relax, enjoy the show. You know why go by Joe what the wrestle?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Making her wait?
Speaker 2: So I am so sorry y'all almost got the theme song a second time. I know there are probably people who wouldn't mind listening to it a second time, but that was a complete accident. I'm sorry, y'all, Welcome, Welcome to a new episode of The Hardy Wrestling Podcast with your girl, Stephanie Hardy. I am so sorry. I am late, but a lot of stuff kind of got in the way. But either way, tech stuff got in away. But I still wanted to come on here and do a show because there's still so much going on in wrestling. Even now as we speak, there was one thing that I wanted to talk about in news and gossip ish that took a complete turn thanks to TNAS against all odds taking place on this weekend. So there has just been so many amazing things in wrestling happening. But I still wanted to come on and you know, just talk to everybody about what's been happening because I'm just really excited about where we are in wrestling at this point. So of course, if you're new to the show, thank you so much for tapping in, and I hope that I can continue to carry on this journey with you as professional wrestling and your fandom continues to grow. And of course, if this isn't your first time listening or watching live, thank you so much for continuing your support of the show, of the brand, and of me in general as a person in this wrestling space. So yeah, I'm going to hold on one second, like.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get started.
Speaker 2: With news and gossip Vision.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit because.
Speaker 2: Being a little weird right now, and I just need a moment to just gather everything and make sure everything situated first before I continue to go on. This is weird, Okay, Basically I'm just gonna continue on with this because my microphone just doesn't seem to want to work with this. With these headphones, it's pretty odd. So we're gonna move on into news and gossip Fish. And this week has been really hot with contract news, all sorts of suspicions and so many other things. And of course we have to start off with some with one of wrestling's most favorite couples at this point, and that's Ricochet and Samantha Irvin. Now, of course, last weekend, when I was before you on the HWP News and Gossipfish, news had just broke that Ricochet had given notice to WWE saying that he was getting ready to leave after the summer was over, and then he would become a free agent and after that point we would figure out what he would do from there. But in the midst of that, on this past Monday on Raw he came out and beat up on bron Breaker, who was trying to attack Ilia dragonoff. And later on in the night he suffered an attack from bron Breaker where he got thrown into the side of a trailer like he was Ray Mysterio back in the day. And on top of that he was crashed into a windshield by bron Breaker too. So in the midst of this attack, Samantha was watching in horror because of course she's reing announced her she sees all this happening is we're watching it, and she runs away to the ambulance to be with him and to check on him, because of course that's her man, that's her fiance, and she's crying really hard and everything, and she goes to be with him in the ambulance, and that was really the last we saw of them, well, the last we saw Ricochet on screen, because of course we did see Samantha tonight Ring announcing at SmackDown in Glasgow, Scotland. So in the midst of that, everybody in their mama has been trying to figure out what's gonna happen with Ricochet and where is he gonna go next, or you know what, what explorations is he going to have? And there have even been there's even been speculation that he could very well stay in WWE if they work it out somehow. A possible rumor that was released this week stated that Ricochet could very well be written off TV for now, but then with the attention that his departure was getting in his possible next moves, that they might be considering bringing Ricochet back for another appearance to maximize the situation. And this is from Mike Johnson of PW Insider, and he wrote that his contract is set to in sometime around July, so we do have to wait and see what's gonna happen there. But a lot of people online were definitely stressing out over the fact that Samantha Irvin could possibly leave with him, because of course, they really love each other, and couples do sometimes like to work together to sort of keep their you know, relationship going in that way. But then there are other wrestling couples who do work their relationship out and work in different companies and do it for you know, a long time at that. So for all we know, Samantha could very well, you know, be staying in WWE if Ricochet does decide to leave, or she could go with him. But either way, I just hope that they do what's best for each other and what's best, you know, individually for their own careers. Personally, I wouldn't necessarily, you know, I would feel a little bit sad if Samantha left, But at the same time, you know, she is a very talented woman who has a lot to offer, So if she does decide to leave, she'll be fine wherever she goes. So big ups to Ricochet and Samantha for performing incredibly well this past Monday and for just keeping us on our toes and keeping us guessing as to what could possible be next for them. We'll always watch them and always figure that out. So yeah, it's just really cool stuff going on, and I just hope that they just figured we figure out what's next from from there. Eric in the comment saying, hey, hey, Eric, thank you for watching on YouTube. And then of course, something that I was going to talk about was the free agency of Jeff Hardy because his aw contract did expire. But something that happened because TNA was having an event call against all odds tonight in Chicago was the fact that we were surprised with the appearance of Jeff Hardy come to the aid of his brother Matt. So Jeff is now officially with TNA wrestling again and he's clear to Pete's Oh excuse me, he's clear to compete. So now he's gonna be out here fighting again. So there is no more speculation about that. Jeff is with TNA. Now don't you just love breaking news? We're not even just breaking news, but just how life has a tendency to just change things, right when you're in the midst of preparing for a show and you think it's gonna go one way, but wrestling's like, oh my beer, and it takes you somewhere else. So it's just funny. But yeah, big ups to Jeff Hardy, Big ups to the Big Bro for making another cool career move. So yeah. Also in news and gossipish, we have the Rock back in the news because there was a whole amazing ESPN column that was done on him and his entire preparation when it came to him preparing for WrestleMania this year and him, you know, just preparing to enter the ring for the first time in such a very long time, and one of the things that was mentioned outside of him being incredibly nervous about his performance in the ring, was also just the fact that someone asked him what what the plan is going to be for russell Mania forty one in Las Vegas, and he alluded to him and the Final Boss character making an appearance that will make it a show to remember, and that's all he could say about that. And this freaks me out because I feel like we've been sort of playing this game back and forth with the Rock for close to over five years now, where he'll say something is going to happen, but then nothing truly happens or nothing really comes from it, and it's just kind of like, dude, what are we doing now, Like is it really, like, is what we're asking for actually going to happen? Because it did seem as if when he was trying to sort of drop Easter eggs into things when it came to him participating in a WrestleMania. It started with Wressemania in Los Angeles last year, where we thought for sure we were going to get the match between him and Roman Reigns, but then it turned out to be Cody versus Roman and that whole thing with the story not being finished in that way. And then this year with WrestleMania forty on the horizon, and low Ki looked like we were going to get we were going to get The Rock versus Roman, but us Cody Crybabies and I'll count myself in that, you know, as well spoke our peace and you know, they saved what the main event of Wressemania forty was supposed to be, which was Roman versus Cody two, and we wound up not getting that. But of course The Rock did indeed wrestle in tag team action on Night one, so that was okay. But a part of me is just low Ki scared that they're gonna low key set us up for disappointment again when it comes to Las Vegas, because at one point, you know, we were kind of on the train of let's see Roman versus the Rock because it would be generational and stuff like that, but we just didn't want it to be forced like if we didn't want it to be forced into something that it just wasn't or made at the expense of another superstar who had another story going. So maybe this year leading into Russemania forty one, we won't have that issue and everything will be okay. So yeah, I guess we just have to wait and see what the ride is going to be when it comes to the Rock and the final Boss version of himself in Vegas, and yeah, we're just gonna have to enjoy the ride on that one. Also, we're gonna send healing energy to the Rock because he got an elbow injury while filming his new movie with A twenty four. Yeah, that injury looked really bad and yeah it was. It was a really bad bruise on his elbow. So we're just gonna keep him lifted in good vibes and prayers as he recovers from that. Also in the news, we have the amazing, amazing announcement that Eo Sky, the former w W Women's Champion, former NXT Women's Champion as well as tag team Champion, is going to be participating in an event for Marigold, which is a new Japanese wrest Japanese women's wrestling promotion, and she is going to be fighting Utami Haya Shishita. Now, I hope I said that correctly. If I did not, please please don't hold it against me, but they will be fighting each other in July at Marigold Summer Destiny. Now, like I said, this is sort of a newer female female Japanese wrestling promotion that was created by the former I believe president or CEO of Stardom, and the idea that this gets to happen just sort of, you know, feeds into the idea of a forbidden door, and not necessarily the forbidden door that AW and New Japan have going on, but just the idea that WW is branching out and letting their stars participate in other matches and other dream scenarios where they can fight in other promotions that would definitely love to work with them, And I just think that type of environment is just amazing and it keeps wrestling thriving and it keeps it very exciting because you just never know what's going to happen or who's going to turn up where it's just always really fun that that is happening. And I'm glad that EO Sky gets to participating in that because we saw all the benefits of what crossovers do when it comes to like NXT and TNA, and then we have of course AW and New Japan. So I'm really glad that WW is continuing this, and I'm more than sure Eo and New Tommy are going to have an amazing match, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm going to tune into that. It's gonna be really cool. So big up Cities ladies making women's wrestling history right here. It's just really cool. Also in the news, we have the possible interest of Hiku Leo, please forgive me if I'm mispronouncing his name, Hiku Leo possibly being signed to w W really soon. And something that sort of sets social media into a tizzy was the fact that they that was the fact that WWE filed a trademark on Junior eleventh for the name Tala Tonga, and it is rumored that Hiku Leo could be coming in to portray this newer person named Tala Tonga, but we really don't know, but he has expressed interest in possibly going to WW to be a part of the Bloodline wolf Pack or the Bootleg Bloodline, like Kevin Owens called them tonight on SmackDown. But this really did kind of send a lot of people spiraling into either happiness or anger. So we just have to wait and see what's going to happen with that. But it seems that there's a lot of opportunity happening with a lot of people of Pacific Islander descent when it comes to the bloodline story or just wanting to find opportunity as a whole. So I think this is amazing. So if he wants to come over, then come on over. But if he doesn't, that's fine too, just as long as he does what's right for himself. So big ups to Hikuleo. And also in news and gossipish, we have possible a possible rumor that ww might be interested in bringing in the Rascals to tag with Wesley as a part of their NXC and TNA endeavor because we did see of course, this past Sunday at Battleground where Jordan Grace faced off against Roxy and Perez for the NXC Women's title, and then we saw other TNA superstars sort of pop in and make appearances as well. But since Wesley has come back and he's been sort of gunning for the North American title again, he's also being ganged up on by Gallas and stuff, so it kind of made sense for people who really want the whole NXTNA thing to keep flourishing. That he brings in his Rascal brothers, you know, to help even up the odds, and that would make sense, and it would be really great if it did happen that way, But of course nothing has been officially confirmed yet. But there were a lot of fans and a lot of people like Wesley's wife who were pushing the who were pushing the narrative on social media that the Rascals need to have like one more big thing and that WW is the place to do it. And I really appreciated that, and I really like that ideas. So if they do do it, it would be fantastic if they did. It would be really cool if the Rascals were able to get back together in that way, and I would love it, so big up to the Rascals for even being put in that conversation. And I love that wes Lee is able to stand on his own two feet as an athlete and as his own man an owned star that he can you know, wrestle in matches for singles titles, but all the while still you know, sort of yearning for that formal bond that he had with the Rascals, So I think it would be a really good idea if they did it, But you know, it's all up to them. But I'm just here for whatever it is that or however it is, if they choose to facilitate more of the NXTTNA crossover things. So I like it a lot, and we'll talk more about that as we get off into the show later. But yeah, now we're going to move. That's the end of News and Gossip Fish, So now we're going to move to a special segment where I give predictions. I feel like over the past couple of weeks, I've been giving predictions for multiple pay per views. The month of June, the end of May into the month of June has just been full of wrestling action, just chock full of amazing pls and pay per views that I get to make predictions for. And this is no exception. This weekend we are having Clash at the Castle taking place in Scotland, which is of course the home country of Drew McIntyre, as well as Albafire and iladn and Piper Nivin. So this is an amazing homecoming for them. It's an amazing moment for Scotland as a whole, because they haven't really they've never had, I believe, a pl up until this point, and it's something that a lot of people have been suggesting and fighting for for a long period of time, including Drew McIntyre. So the fact that it actually is happening, you know, it's just really great. And then the first Clash in the Castle was a really huge success, and it was special for me because it was happening on the weekend of my birthday that year, so it was really fun to see and it was just a show that basically changed a lot of the trajectory of what we see in a lot of people's careers, like Dominic Mysterio. You don't get Dirty dom without him turning on his father at Clash in the Castle and turning on Edge Slash Adam Copland. And you definitely don't get this angry version of Drew McIntyre without him losing two Roman reigns in front of the Whales crowd due to the help of Solo Soca. And now you see where Solo so CoA is as the leader of this crazy bloodline, this rogue bloodline thing that's happening right now. So really, this really new pay per view has already just made waves, so I'm pretty sure that this one is going to make waves too. So yeah, I'm here in this segment to give my special predictions as to what could happen on tomorrow at Clash at the Castle. So of course we're going to start with the girls, because women are always first, and we have the tag team match, the Triple Threat tag team match for the women's tag team titles, with Bianca Belair and Jay car Gill going up against Shanna Basler and Zoe Stark and the hometown girls, Ailadon and Alba Fire. And let me just say that I want to send strength and love to Albafire because she is fighting this match in her hometown and in her home country, having just endured a really terrible loss. She lost her mom a few weeks back in an accident when she was visiting her And I can't even imagine reaching this level of an opportunity and you don't have someone who's been there for your whole life there to witness that, Like, I just want to see her healing energy and just prayers because that is not the easiest thing to deal with, you know, in terms of losing a parent like it is horrible, and I just hope that she is taking care of herself as best as she can and that the love that her and her mom had for each other will continue to carry her on into this moment. And you know, she just deserves this, and I just wanted to say that, and I'm glad that her and her and Isla get to have this opportunity because it was just last year when they got drafted and they were the NXT Women's Tag Team champions, but you didn't see them as much, and then when you did see them, they lost, and then they combined the titles together and you didn't see them that much on TV, and that just kind of bums you out when you think about how talented these ladies are. So yeah, it's just really incredible stuff. I'm really excited about this match because all these women are so talented, and then you have Shana and Zoe, who are very gritty and they're really trying to prove that they are the dominant athletes in the raw women's locker room. But I just wonder how Shana is even feeling at this point, considering she also just lost another high profile match against Lolavice at NXY Battleground in the underground match. So yeah, like I'm pretty sure she is feeling that she can't lose yet another match again, and there's maybe not even not even just a sense, not even desperation. I'm just wondering, like if she feels that at this point she needs to just really put her all into this match here. But it really is hard to bet against Biakabella and Jay Cargill at this point. No matter who they face off against, whether it's you know, one on one, or whether it's an a tag team match or in this triple threat tag team situation that's happening here, it's hard to bet against them because they're just so powerful and they get each other, and they have a level of chemistry that's just unmatched in a team that you know, has never really materialized before up until this year. Like if you think about last year, both these women were in two totally different promotions. Jade was in aaw Bianca was in WWE doing her own thing, Like they were both doing their own thing, and now they're here together and they have this aura and this chemistry that just clicks. So I am predicting that Jade and Bianca will retain their titles, but I do predict that Alba Fire and Aila Don will definitely have a great showing in this matchup. Lets us know that we really do need to keep our eyes on them and not ignore them completely at all. But I'm definitely predicting that Jade and Bianca will win and retain those titles because they're just so dominant now and I just don't see them losing at this point, So that's my prediction for that. Also, we have a WW Women's Championship match between Piper Niven, who is also from Scotland, and Bailey, And of course this is materialized from the fact that Piper Niven and Chelsea Green have been attacking Bailey back and forth and everything and just sort of making it seem like they need to be paying attention she needs to be paying attention to them, and Piper was the one who of course stepped up and said, you know, I'm gonna face you in front of my people and all of that, and she wants to take the title from Bailey, and of course Chelsea was sort of being her spokesperson at first, but now it seems that with this few Piper has been able to express and show more of what she can do as an athlete and what she can say on her own. And I really appreciated that hold.
Speaker 4: On because this is not working for me.
Speaker 2: All right. So, like I was saying, I really feel that Piper has really come into herself when it comes to her when it comes to her performance in this feud, and when it comes to like her speaking. And like I said last week, I hated the idea that while she was speaking her piece, everybody on that episode of SmackDown just kept saying what to her as if she wasn't speaking English and as if they couldn't understand her whatever due to her accent. But my thing is I could understand everything she was saying. And it seems very clear to me that she as a level of focus that you know, no one's really like fed into her before. And it's just really cool to see her rise into this occasion of facing off against, you know, a four horse woman like Bailey. And Bailey has been a great champion so far, but as far as facing someone that's been really imposing, she hasn't done that yet. And so and Piper is definitely one of those girls who has a lot to prove in terms of her athleticism, and seeing as the first time I saw Piper Niven it was in the may On Classic. She had so much to offer there and so much to give that I just couldn't wait to see, you know what, what would happen with her, And even in the kickoff show that they had this morning, they were talking about, you know, how she was trained in Scotland and how she was like a multi time champion in Scotland as well as you know, one of the pioneers of nxc UK. So I'm just really glad that they're leaning into all of this and that she more than just the girl who was just labeled as dewdrop and made to stand next to even Marie like. There's more to her and I'm glad that they're feeding into that now. But what I will say is this, I am predicting that Bailey will win somehow, she will win this match, and I'm also predicting that Chelsea Green might be responsible for the loss of Piper, which might cause a rift between them because something that I do notice that Chelsea keeps saying is this is going to be our title and our thing and My thing is, Chelsea. When one woman is a champion, one woman is a champion, and that's just gonna be it. You will not be the champion. This is not the two thousands where Michelle McCool and Laila split the Divas title and split the Women's championship in half and just decided to carry it around. That's not how this works. It's just going to be Piper's title. So I have this weird feeling that somehow another else's gonna, you know, get too happy with herself and cost Piper somehow, And it would be really sad if that's how it would happen in front of her people. But yeah, Bailey's retaining and she's gonna give her a good match, and they're gonna have a great match. But I feel like Chelsea's gonna cost Piper. And that's all of the predictions that I have for the women's matches, because sadly, there are just two women's matches because Live Morgan, miss ma'am, the women's World champion, does not have a match. Interestingly enough, but you know, she's only been champion for three weeks and I'm going to give it a little bit of the benefit of the doubt because she is in this crazy storyline where she's trying to take everything from rear Ripley, including the judgment day and her boyfriend and all the above, which we will get into a little bit later. But she doesn't have a rival for the women's world titles, so it's like, now she's just sort of holding it, and I hope that it doesn't get to the point to where lives revenge and her being, you know, this highly flirtatious girl sort of gets in the way of her holding this title and she doesn't have an opportunity to defend it like she should. So yeah, Live does not have a match a clash of Clash at the Castle, but that's not to say that we probably won't see her somehow, but she does not have a match interestingly enough, But we're gonna move away from the predictions for the women and going to the predictions for the men. So we have sammy'sing Samster versus Chad Gable for the Intercontinental title, and of course this is all stemming from their ongoing feud with each other and stemming from the fact that Chad Gable is just being a very abusive coach in Alpha Academy and not being the coach that coached Sammy Zin to his victory at WrestleMania. He's just turned into this you know, sicko who just wants to just hurt people's feelings but then hide it in the name of him trying to make people better and all of that. And Sammy, of course, being the man that he is who loves to stand up for people, can't stand that. So he's just like, yeah, this is not okay. You don't need to abuse him like that. And if you really feel like, you know, I don't deserve this title, you can come and take it from me, and I'm gonna beat your butt. So Sammy Zain is fighting to keep his title, but he's also fighting to defend the honor of Otis, Maxine Dupree and Akira Tazawa, who are just the who are just taking the brunt of Chad Gables abuse constantly and you just hate to see it. And it's gotten so bad now to the point of where Chad will just move out of the way and manipulate Otis into you know, running into and beating up on Sammy, knowing full well that he's making him do this. So Otis can just be conflicting his feelings and keep him on his side, and it's just like really sad. But I'm predicting that Sammy is definitely going to retain the title, and I'm definitely predicting that Otis is finally going to stand up for himself and just tell Chad Gable no more, because this is like, enough is enough and it's time for a change. Hello there, This isn't gonna keep going on. So I just hope that Otis and the rest of Alpha Academy just stands up for themselves and gets a major, screaming standing ovation from them, and Chadd will learned his lesson, and yeah, Sammy's ain't will still be the Inner Continental Champion that we deserve. So yeah, Sammy's definitely winning this one, and Chad is gonna get his comeupance because you just can't abuse people and just expect to just keep getting away with it. You just can't. And then, of course I feel like I should have, you know, made this prediction last week because of the fact that Drew McIntyre is having a great homecoming at this point. He's even been inducted into the Scottish Hall of fame, which is a thing that I did not know existed until today. But I love how he's being inducted and loved on in his home country. So big ups to Drew McIntyre for having this beautiful, blessed moment in his in the country that raised him and made him and birthed him. Also, I hope I send hopes in prayers and healing vibes to his wife, because he did say on the kickoff show that his wife is having emergency surgery right now, So I'm sending good vibes to her, and I know it has to suck that she can't be there, but you know, I'm sure their love will maintain them. But you have his World Heavyweight title match against Damian Priest, and because Drew McIntyre beat Finn Balor, I believe on this past Monday on Raw Judgment Day, cannot interfere in the match. They're barred from ringside and all of the above. So it kind of looks like Drew McIntyre might have the upper hand here, not saying that Damian Priest isn't that guy and can't you know, perform to the best of his ability because he's a powerhouse in and of himself too. But this is really hard to predict because a part of me wants Damien Priest to hang on to it a little bit longer so he won't just be known as a guy who cashed in money in the bank at Russell May and only held it for like a little while. But then there's this other part of me that wants Drew McIntyre to have his moment that he probably should have had lash the last time there was clashed the Castle. It's really hard, but I think I'm going to predict that Drew McIntyre might win this match, but seem Punk might come and try to distract the moment from him, or take the moment from him and just distract him and make it seem like, oh, well, you have this title now, but I'm gonna come for you and take it from you and stuff like. I feel like a funny thing might happen where Drew might win the title and then see him Punk might come back and be like, I'm cleared, let's fight at SummerSlam. I feel like that could very well happen. But then you also have Damien and it's just like it's so hard because I don't want Damien to just lose it like that, but oh my god, it's really frustrating. But I want Drew to have his moment in the sun. So in the spirit of having a moment in the sun and your hometown, I'm gonna predict Drew McIntyre is gonna win, which will set the president for him and see him Punk fighting each other at SummerSlam or another bigger pay per view. So yeah, that's my prediction for that, Drew McIntyre. It's true. It's true. It's true. I'm sorry, Damien, I love you, I love you so much, but it's true. And now we have this prediction for Cody Rhodes and AJ Styles for the Undisputed ww Championship in an I quit match. I am thrilled about this match. I am absolutely excited about this match and the fact that it's happening because of course you got these two Georgia boys going up against each other for the second time, and then of course you have Cody who's angry at AJ Styles because, like he said on SmackDown tonight, he said, look, you literally had to pretend to that you were Mark Henry in order to get another chance at the title. As opposed to just asking me for it, and that gagged me. But what gagged me even further was when AJ was trying to cut a promo through Scotland, who just kept chanting and singing Cody Rose's name. He literally like cut through him, say it. Yeah, Well, when you don't get your way, you quit things, like when you left New Japan Pro Wrestling, or like when you left Ring of Honor. You even made a company with your friends and you quit that too, And I was like, God, damn, you did not have to go in the Juggali Jesus. They are just pulling all the punches now, like they're just saying any and everything and it's just crazy. But yeah, like, oh my god, I'm really excited for this match. I'm pretty sure they're going to destroy each other, and I love how In the kickoff show, Michael Cole asked Cody, like, do you feel like like people sort of underestimate you because you know you haven't really You're not really want to get rough or get buck like that, even though that's that's I'm paraphrasing, but y'all forget Cody is the same man who wrestled in Hell in the Sale against Seth Rowland with a torn peck. Y'all are also forgetting that this is a man who used to bleed and just do all kinds of crazy stuff in aw like crashing himself through a burning table and so many other things like that. And also this is a man who chose the craziest punishment of facing off against brock Lesnar multiple times last year and did not give up once. So something that a lot of people don't really go into is the fact that Cody Rose really is like a dare devil of a man, Like he just gives no ebs. He's like a honey badger. He'll just go and do whatever and fight whoever because he just has like ice in his veins. He's just crazy like that, he doesn't care. So I believe that the version of that version of Cody Roads is will what will we are going to see tomorrow, the version of Cody Rose that can really take it to the age and take it to the extreme. Okay, So don't just think just because he comes out there in his suits, don't mean that he can't, you know, unbutton his cuff links and get it cracky. Okay. So I'm predicting Cody Rhoades is definitely gonna retain the title. AJ is gonna say I quit and we ain't gonna see him for a minute, and that's just all that's all there is to it, guys. So those are all of my predictions for Clash at the Castle in Scotland. Of course, it comes on at different times, but it comes on at twelve o'clock Central, I believe in Alabama, and then it comes on at one o'clock Eastern and all the other times and stuff, so you know, look that up. But I'm really excited about this. Of course, it's continuing the whole world in world wrestling entertainment thing. And I just love the crowd of Scotland because they were singing all the songs full power, which is the same way I do too, So it's really great. I'm really excited. So we're gonna move out of that special segment and go into what I liked in wrestling this week, which was a heck of a lot. Actually, it was a lot of stuff that I liked in wrestling this week, and I'm really excited to talk about it. But then there was also a lot of stuff that I didn't necessarily like in wrestling too, that I have to be honest about. So let me check the mic again, cause yeah, it's just crazy stuff. So Kilanie Jordan KVD Klanie Van Dam became the first ever NXT Women's North American Champion at Battleground Las Vegas. And I am especially proud of this happening because I predicted it. I predicted it last week. I just felt it in my bones. Something inside of me said, no, this is Colonie's time, and she really did win. So I am just so excited that she won the ladder match. It was an excellent ladder match. You know, all of the women did a phenomenal job. Soul Ruka had a bunch of moments where she hit like multiple soul snatchers on ladders and everything. Like the girls got smart and even threw lash Legend out on her behind in the match because she is the larger opponent. And it was just an amazing match all around. So I was really excited for the ladder match. And then of course me and Yem did a fantastic job because she is a veteran when it comes to these extreme type of matches, and I love Fallon Henley's outfit. I don't have a picture of it, but it was definitely giving Cowboy Carter vibes and I just really loved it. So it was just really cute. And I loved Lash's outfit too, because she had on blue gear, but then she also had on this amazing crown, so it was just really amazing. I enjoyed the entire match. It was great, and I was so happy that Kalidney Jordan won because it's, like I said on my predictions in the last episode, Kilannie had just been in so many bigger, you know, situations and these bigger matches where she would just fall short, and so the idea of her getting to this point and finally winning just meant a lot to me. I was so excited that this is this happened. And then, funny enough, I actually re shared a video of her, or at least a picture of her holding the title and on Instagram and I said I predicted it, yay, congratulations to her, and she actually said, you know, thank you for that and thank you for the support. And I was like, oh my god, that's so great. So I'm really happy that she saw that, and I'm happy that, you know, she felt supported by me in that moment, because something that did happen on social media was that a lot of people did not expect her to win at all. And I'm gonna get more into that a little bit later, but a lot of people did not expect for her to win, and they were expecting, oh, well, this favorite person should win or this person should win, and dah da da da. And usually when stuff doesn't go our way as wrestling fans, we do have a tendency to harp on it, be negative about it, or just take it over the edge and say all kinds of other unkind things, which was getting on my nerves. But whatever, her accomplishment is her accomplishment, and nobody can take that from her. She will always be the first and that's all that matters, So big ups to her. Another thing I liked in wrestling this week was the match between Jordan Grace and Roxanne Perez for the NXT Women's title. They tore the house down. It was definitely one of those matches that makes you proud to be a women's wrestling fan. It was very technically sound, it was power driven. Jordan Grace lost an ear ring she ripped like it was so bad, like she lost an earring, she ripped through her hole, she was bleeding. At first, it was just really creepy, but yeah, like these girls really tore it down. And then the ending, the ending bummed me out a little bit. I'm not gonna lie, because I really did think that Jordan Grayce had a legitimate chance to win the NXC Woman's title and become Jordan two Belts. But she gets interrupted by falling when I foul and I'm sorry. Tatum Paxley, who finds herself, you know, enamored with the TNA Knockouts title, and she starts, you know, trying to like stalk it or whatever. But then you see Ashby Elegance formerly known as Dana Brooke and Wwe running after her, you know, and trying to snatch the title away from her because I guess she's trying to go for it too. Jordan Grace didn't like that, and so that wound up distracting her and she wound up trying to like she hit her finish her. But then after she hit her finisher, Roxanne was able to counter it and turn it into a pop rocks in order to win and retain her title, and that bade me so saying because I really wanted Jordan to possibly win it. But Roxane did a great job defending that title, and I do recommend it. If you haven't watched that match, please go watch it because it is definitely the stuff that women's wrestling is made out of. So I definitely do recommend watching that match back. But of course Roxanne is still the champion, and she even cut like a really scathing promo on CM punk and she called him a hypocrite. And what's so funny is aj Mendez commented on on Instagram and she was just like, yeah, I went off on Dad and I was just like, oh my god. I love how they're just you know, owning the fact that they're just birthing wrestlers and adopting children, Like it's just so amazing. So it's funny and I liked it. But moving out of that into the men, you had Oba Femi who was defending his North American title against Wesley and Joe Coffee of Gallas, And when I tell you, this match sent me over the edge multiple times because of Oba Femi's strength. It sent me over the edge because there were so many times where this one man kept catching Wesley in mid air. Every time Wesley would try to hit one of his aerial maneuvers, he would just catch him like he was just nothing, like like like you just grabbing a bag or grabbing a ball, and he just caught him and just tossed him somewhere. He caught him again and tossed him somewhere else. I was just like, Oba, Oba, I'm gonna need you to calm down and stop throwing people. Stop it, like it was just out of hand. And then the fact that even in this picture alone, he hit like a double souplex on both of these men, and it was just like, excuse me, why are you this strong? It's almost like God God decided when he was creating him, and when he was creating Mark Henry and Bianca Bella or j car Gill, he just decided he was just gonna give them all like the descendant strength of Samson and decided to just throw them in wrestling so they could surprise us and all of it, and Obo of us just showing himself off completely, like when he says I am the mountain that you cannot climb, he meant it, okay, he really meant it. And It was so bad that Gallus even came out and had to jump him and that still didn't even work, and he was throwing them around. Obah Femi is just that dude, okay, and we're living in his world and I love it. I just love it. So big ups to Oba Femi for defending his titles successfully. Wesley and Joe did such an amazing job in this match, but at the end of the day, Oba is the man, and that's all I have to say about that. Like he was just crazy. His strength just is just so scary at times, but I love it. And then another funny part about xy Battleground was the fact that of course Sexy Red was hosting, and she was doing a pretty good job hosting, you know, kind of being a low key host, not like a host that just pops up for everything. You know, she would pop in every now and again. But there was this one part where Sexy Red and Lola Ice had a twerkin thing that they did find out about, I guess on the internet because a lot of y'all and even myself were saying, you know what, I low key want to see what would happen if they had a twork off because Lola loves to dance and loves to shake her hips and stuff, and of course Sexy Red loves dance, so they both got together and had a tworkof But what I wasn't expecting was Sexy Red making Sarah Schreiber's work like she was like, nah, you' finshed worked too, and it's Sarah looked really caught off guard by that, and I just thought that was the funniest thing ever. It was low key, like a scene from like an early two thousands film where this one white girl would be in a scene with all these black people and they would try to make her join the fun and dance with them, and she just doesn't know what to do. That's what that fl like. It was really funny. I just could not get over how funny that was. And I hope that Sarah, you know, had a good time doing that, and because I really had a good time watching that take place. So that was just really funny. So that was really all I liked from Battleground. And of course, there's still so much more to talk about in wrestling this week, So when it comes to raw, we're still living living in a timeline of dmail and Time Live And that's my new nickname for her is Demon Time Live, because she took it to a whole new level this Monday when she decided to pop up in the Judgment Day clubhouse with her legs crossed with a skirt on some high heels and some stock is, looking like she was finna get ready to get some action. And when she walked up to Dominica said, I can't believe that you have to deal with someone who makes you call her mommy when you should be with someone whould who could be calling you daddy. And I.
Speaker 3: Was just gad.
Speaker 2: I was like, excuse me, daddy. This is what we're doing. This is what we're doing. This is what we're doing. Like my brand probably crash landed a couple of times just off of the sheer fact that she said daddy like that, and I was just like, what are you serious? It was so funny because when this happened, and when the next moment happened that I'm about to discuss, it was like everything just shifted from this just being a wrestling show to just something completely different. And of course dominic was trying to fight her off, and she was like, yeah, I'll go for now and all this other stuff, and I'm just like, Live girl, why It's just like, it's just so crazy. But what makes it even crazier was this happened during a match that was involving the LWO and the Judgment Day. Liv comes out there and inserts herself and then Zelina Vega it is still you know, she's still heated from the exchange they had on Twitter while also you know, being just heated and Live as a whole and just not liking any of this, and she starts beating up on Live and then she pushes Live over and Live somehow lands on Dominic and straddles him in a very very provocative pose as y'all can see, and Dominic is Loki looking like he likes it, but then Loki looking like scared that this is going on, and then he's even more perplexed because she gave him her hotel room key card and asked him to join him and her. His Judgment Day bros were like, no, that's not good, but then Carlita was like, no, that's cool, and it was just it was just the most funniest thing on the planet. But this is really looking like some Netflix and chill action right here, and I was just like, oh my god, they're really doing this here. And this was where my boyfriend texted me and said the PG era is dead. It really is dead, because I can only imagine how many parents had to look their child in the face after the child asked the mom dad, what was going on with Liv and Dom. I don't even know. I just think this is just hysterical and I just can't wait to see Live get the breaks beat off of her at this point, because it's just getting out of hand. It's just getting out of hand. But another part of it that's getting out of hand is the fact that Finn took the hotel room keys, So I'm just wondering what the heck is happening here. It's so did he go and meet Live and did they talk about things or did they rub up rub abs against each other? What's going on there? So it's just a lot. But this is just it's so missy. I love it. And also another thing that I want to just give a little bit of commotion to it's just how amazing Selena Vega looked. Of course, she went to the Puerto Rican Day Parade that was in New York with Damian priest and everything, and she wore pieces of her Puerto Rican gear that she wore a backlash last year. And then she came to raw and she came here with this purple hair in these hoops and this outfit, just looking like a goddess. And I just wanted to take some time out to just express how much I just love this woman and just how beautiful she is and just everything that she represents. She's just so amazing, and she just looked great here and it just made me and just looking at her abs just made me never want to eat another fry and just start all over again with myself. But other than that, she she just looked absolutely amazing here and I just wanted to just give a little bit of commotion here for how great she looked. And she is clear to compete, so for all we know, she could very well be next in line to challenge for the women's world title, or she could win something win like a qualifying match for money in the bank and finally win money in the bank, because she deserves to be miss money in the Bank, Miss Vega in the bank. So let's keep our fingers crossed. But either way, she looked beautiful on Monday, and I just had to just give a little bit of commotion for that. Now. Another thing that had some commotion on a very emotional tip was Samantha Irvin in her reaction to Riccochet getting attacked by Brown Breaker outside of the arena. Oh my god, Like after he got attacked, it was really sad. And then they and then after they came back from commercial, they showed footage of Samantha watching it happen and her just looking horrified and she ran to him and everything, and she was just like, I just want to go with you, and she was just crying and sobbing, and it was just so sad because I'm like, no, like, I don't want to see Samantha upset. Like the first time I saw Samantha upset, it was on the part of Logan Paul defeating Ricochet and cheating or whatever. But to see her crying like this made me just want to go to war. I was just like, no, you cannot make this angel cry. I wanted to make bron Breaker pay myself now, mind you, I can't fight, but damn it, I wanted to fight me because I was like, you're not gonna make Samantha, the Angel of our lives cry, You're just not gonna do it, okay. So I'm hoping that somehow or another there can be some vengeance on the part of Samantha and on the part of Ricochet, because that was just foul. So yeah, Samantha just tugged at my heart strings with her crying, and I was just like, no, no, And then you have all the rumors saying that this was how Ricochet was getting written off of television, and I'm just like, y'all, I don't know, but if this is the way he's gonna go, then this is really dramatic and crazy. But at the same time, oh my god, I just don't know. I just don't know how this is gonna work. But either way, this was very hard to watch and I don't want to see Samantha cry over again, and that's just how I feel about the situation. But in the absence of Samantha Irvin and her awesome re announcingness and I know that's not a word, we had Pat McAfee be a great team player like we know him to be when it comes to football and everything else, and step in to be the interim re announcer for the rest of the night because there wasn't much of the show left after that point, so he decided to re announce the last match, which was Drew McIntire versus Finn Balor. And even though he has been at the center of controversy as a flight when it comes to his off wrestling duties, this man consistently shows up as a crazy wrestling fan who just loves wrestling like all of us do, with such passion and fire. And he said, look, I'll step in if they need me to, and he grabbed the microphone, pushed his commentator headphones up and announced Drew McIntyre as a handsome bastard from Scotland. And then he announced Finn Balor as part of the bum Ass Judgment Day and what and he said that he has zero body fat on a two hundred and twenty five pound frame. And I was just like Pat McAfee sounds like me when I'm introducing guests on this show, Like whenever I'm introducing a guest on the Hardy Wrestling Podcast, I always talk about all of their accolades and all the ways in which they're awesome. And his ways was really comical and funny, to the point where if he ever decided to do again, I'd be open to it because it was just really funny and just goofy. And then you have Michael Cole saying, I don't think that's how it goes, and your voice was cracking a little bit, you know, just being the professional voice of WW he always is. But big ups to Pat McAfee for stepping in, okay, because sometimes because in life, you're just gonna have to step in sometimes on behalf of others, and I'm just glad that he did that. So yay Pat for stepping in and being the ring announcer that we needed at that point, because of course, you know, he's no Samantha, but there's only one Pat McAfee. So yeah. Another part about Raw that really tugged at my heartstrings here again was Otis talking about, you know, how this whole thing with Alpha Academy has him messed up, but you know, Alpha Academy is his family. And when he was, you know, talking to Sammy zaying about what was going on, he was talking about a lot of the things that he's lost over the years, like his brother, he said, his best friend and his brother Tucky, who was Tucker from Heavy Machinery, because a lot of people may or may not remember, he was a part of that tag team for a while and they were even and you know, they were in NXT and then they were on SmackDown and they wound up, you know, breaking up, and then Tucker got released and we never really saw much of him again, so Otis was on his own. And then he mentioned that he lost his peach, which was Mandy Rose, and that really tugged in my heart strings because that was one of my favorite love stories in twenty twenty when the Hearty Wrestling podcast got started, Like that was one of my favorite things that was happening in wrestling at that time, was a love story between him and Mandy and how he was fighting with Nick Nemuth formerly known as Dolph Ziggler for her affection, and I was just like, oh my god, it was just my favorite thing. So the fact that he mentioned that, you know, in having lost that is along with losing the money in the bank briefcase, like when you think about everything that Otis has lost up until this point, it does kind of make you say it like dang, like Otis really had had really had a tough break, but when he found Alpha Academy, he felt like, you know, he really found his folks. So imagine, you know, you find your family and then you know, it turns out that your family isn't even a safe space anymore. Because Chad is just turned into this ogre of a man. It's just horrible. You just hate to see it. But this is why I'm hoping that he does stand up for himself on tomorrow. Like I mentioned, so, yeah, big ups to Otis for being vulnerable with Sammy's ain there, because that was just very It was just really heartfelt. And there's a part of me that does wish that they would re sign Mandy Sacks so they can continue that storyline because Jesus they deserve better. But yeah, oh I'm such a romantic. I just finished Bridgerton. Whatever, let me just chill. So when it comes to what I liked in wrestling in NXT, I love that Kilane started the show and that she addressed the people as of course the first ever NXC Women's North American champion, and you can tell she was very excited. But then also Loki kind of nervous too because as the crowd was chanting you deserve it. You know, she was just talking and she was going really fast and a lot of people were coming down on her floor and and everything. But my thing is, hey, champions rise to the occasion, and she has a champion's heart, so as long as she keeps going in that way, she will always, you know, evolve in a great way. So I was just really happy for her in this moment and just basking in the after glow of winning this title because that's a huge deal, you know, for someone who only just started wrestling two years ago. And even on Twitter after she won, Bigie shared a story of saying that he was there for her WW tryout so to see how far she's coming just two years and now seeing her be a champion, you know, it's just amazing. So it's just really great. And then you have Jada Parker coming out there to interrupt her and basically discredit her winning the title in the ladder match by saying, the only thing you proved on Sunday was that you could scurry up the ladder like a damn squirrel. And I was just like, Jada, why you gotta be so mean? Jada is just like Oh my god, she's just so lethal with her tongue on the microphone. Lord, Like, she's just so rough. But then she gets interrupted by me Chen you know who on her because they have their beef going on, and that led into their match, and their match was pretty good, and the funniest part about their match was the fact that Mia actually got a pin on her while also slapping her in her booty for the second time. And what's so funny is that she tried to cheat, but then the OC had MIA's back and took the chair from her and everything, and I'm just like, dang, Jada, you're just going out like that. But Jada now wants to take it to the extreme with Mia, so I'm just wondering how that's gonna work. But I am excited, and I was excited with that first segment. But the thing that irritated me the most when it came to Killanne winning the title was the fact that there were so many people who just did not expect her to win. That there were just so many so many folks on social media saying, oh, well, she doesn't deserve it, and well they're just doing this because you know she's this, or because she's Carmelo's girlfriend. And I even saw one person say that they're just copying and pasting Carmelo's career and putting it on hers, and Carmelo took of fens to it, because if you may or may not know, Klinie Jordan and Carmelo Hayes are an item. They're in a relationship. And the fact that someone I think it's absolutely lazy, and I'm gonna make the screen big so y'all can see my face when I say this. I think it's absolutely lazy when somebody attributes the success of a woman to who they're dating or who they're married to. That is the laziest crap I have ever heard and ever seen in my life. Like to just say, oh, well, they have to be banging somebody to do this, or they have to be having sex with this person to do this, and all this other stuff. I hate that because a woman can have her individual goals and dreams without having a man attached to them. And the idea that someone would say, oh, they're just copying and pasting Carmelo's career onto Kilane, it's just backwards as f And then it's stupid because, first of all, when Carmelo was North American Champion, the women's North American Championship didn't even exist, So you bitches, I'm sorry, I just curse. I'm so sorry. Y'all are reaching. You guys are reaching, And it is just so stupid how much people will just reach for things just to discredit a person winning just because what you wanted another person to win. Okay, yeah, people's teams and people's favorite people don't win stuff all the time, but that doesn't mean that you have to outright discredit the work that another person does to earn an opportunity either do better. It's just really gross, Like I just really hate it, Like it's just so stupid. Like Kilanie winning has nothing to do with Carmelo. Kolanie winning has to do with Kilanie. And if you've seen her growth, and if you've seen the way she wrestles, and if you've seen the way you know her athleticism plays into it, with her gymnastics background and everything, you would understand why this opportunity is for her solely. And and if you are a person that attributes any woman's success to who she's attached to or who she's dating, then you really just need to check yourself and understand that women are their own people, and we succeed whether a man or a significant others in the picture or not. Sometimes we succeed even more when there isn't one in the picture. Everything we do is not about men. It's just not Find something else to talk about, and stop trying to discredit people when they win an opportunity or when they get an opportunity for themselves, like it's gross. Find something to do, accomplish something yourself, but don't do that. Let me let me back off because I'll get I'll get, you know, even more passionate. But Kilani deserves this and that's all I have to say. And I think it's cool that me and m is now you know, her next challenger that's going to be amazing, So I'm here for that as well. So let's just move on. Yeah, Jada Parker is also running OTM, and I will not hear anything else of it. She is definitely out here running OTM now that scripts is gone. She was telling the boys what to do and what she was going to do when it came to me am, So mss ma'am is definitely the mouthpiece of OTM at this point, and I'm here for it. So it's crazy, but I love the attitude. I love it. And then you have Fia Hill gathering Chase you. That was really hilarious as well, Like she really just had to get all of them together because Riley Osborne keeps fussing with Ridge Holland and just telling him all the ways in which we can't trust him and all the stuff he's done wrong. But thea Hal really just had to clear everybody real quick and just let everybody know, like, look, ain't nobody and Chase you perfect at all. So as long as we all know that, then we can move on and give each other a chance. And I just thought that was really cool the way that she put it. It was very passionate, and she just cleared everybody and just let everybody know, like, look, you did this, you did this, and you did that. Riley, at one point, you know you were losing things. Ridge at one point, everybody thought that you were gonna stab Andrea in the back. Andre Chase, Professor Chase, you gamble the money away for the university and all of that other stuff. She just cleared everybody, and it was funny and I just want thea Hill to just get everything, cause she is just so awesome. So this was amazing. And then you had Wendy Chew coming back as a sleep paralysis demon. I was not expecting this at all, but I love it. The darker makeup and everything is just really amazing. And I just love her versatility because a lot of people don't know that. Before Wendy Chew became the Sleeper, the sleepover girl that a lot of people you know know her for from NXC two point zero, she was a part of that faction that had Zia Lee and another member of it whose name I can't recall right now, and she was sort of like this dark figure at one point before she shifted over to Wendy Chew. And now we're shifting back into like a darker version of Wendy Chew. And I like that a lot, Like, oh my god, she had been sleeping for so long and now she's awake, but she's coming for you, and I like it. I really like it. It's really different. It's low key giving. It's giving sleep paralysis puppet, even though I'm pretty sure it's not really giving a puppet, but it does look kind of like that, but I like it. I like it a lot, and I'm very intrigued. And Brinley Reese she's just gonna have to go back to the drawing board because the way she lost to her was just like, yo, dang, that's just unfortunate. So yeah, I'm here for sleep paralysis Wendy Chew. And another part of NXC that I really loved was the fact that once when Cody Rose paid a visit to NXT, he had his moment with Trick Williams, which I will talk about in a little bit, but then he also gave his old face mask from his undashing days to j C. Jane, who hasn't been feeling really dashing herself. You know, she had her nose broken, so now she's walking around with the mask. But Cody Rose ran into her and Jazminicks in the back and he gave her the mask. And this really blew my mind because I never thought I would ever see this mask again, because if you were watching wrestling, like in the two thousand tens and the early twenty tens, when Cody was dashing Cody Rhoads but then he had his face broken by Ray Mysterio hitting a six one nine on him and his face was broken and he was like, oh no, look at me. I'm ugly. I'm ugly. I'm ugly. I'm not dashing anymore. And he would make people put on paper bags on their heads. This was for us, This was for us, and I just could not believe this. I was like, oh my god, oh my god. He brought this back and gave it to j C. This made me speak. I was so speechless. And it also made me feel kind of old because I remember when Cody Wrote was getting his revenge on Raymisterio. It was at WrestleMania twenty seven and it was in Atlanta, and that was the first WRESTLEMANI I ever went to. And they fought each other and Cody Rose wound up winning, and I was upset about it because I wanted Raymondstereo to win because he was dressed up like Captain America. I didn't even know who Captain America was back then, but the fact that he dressed up like him, I was excited about it. I wanted him to win so bad. And then of course you had Michael Cole, who was being super super super biased towards the heels at that point, and he was just like, Cody Rose needs to win and he's better than Raymondsterio and all this other stuff. Oh my god, to be a wrestling fan in twenty eleven, it was funny as heck. But you know, I was seventeen then and it was just insane and oh my god, I'm thirty. What the heck is happening to time? But yeah, just the fact that Cody gave the Master to her was just so cute. It was really cute, and it healed a piece of my wrestling childhood soul that lives forever. So that was a and I appreciated that. Then we get to this the polarizing Trick Williams promo with Cody Rhodes. Now, something that I will say is that I did find it poignant that Cody Rose decided to pay NXT a visit on the anniversary of his father's passing. It has now been nine years since his father passed away as of this past Tuesday, and Dusty Rose was definitely, you know, a big part of why NX is the way it is now with its students and everything that he was able to teach them and everything, like he really fed into the next Generation, and so you know, I found it very poignant that Cody would pay them a visit. And before the show started, he was outside, you know, with the fans, hobnobbing with them, giving them high fives, yelling at them, and one of the fans even you know, told him that, you know, he was welcome to the cookout and everything, and you know, he was really happy about that. Cody really appreciated that. But you know, let's get to the TV part. So Cody cuts a little bit of a promo on AJ Styles. He talks about NXT and everything. But then you have Trick Williams, the NXT champion, coming out here to sort of share his piece on everything that's going on. And the thing that I did like about this promo before we got to the cookout stuff, was him talking about making it to the top of the mountain and how a lot of people doubted them both. And what I found most poignant about this was the fact that people, you know, did doubt them on their way to the championships that they currently hold, but they're still doubting them now, and I think that's why the promo sort of hit me in a very a different way. The way that Trick, you know, said that you know, what do you do when you get to the top of the mountain? You know, and you know, how do you stay there? And I just found it very poignant that that happened because it feels like on my side of things, whenever I'm looking at social media and seeing the things that people say about Trick and the things that people say about Cody, it's almost like, once you get to the top, people find about ten thousand different reasons why you don't belong there, and they do because they clearly worked for it, except of course it's a little bit different because their journeys are different. Because of course, Trick Williams found a new calling for himself when football didn't necessarily work out, whereas wrestling is in Cody's blood, and in order to prove that he could be a top guy, he had to like leave a comfortable place and create moments for himself and change the game in order to get to this point. So why are there so many people saying all the time that they don't deserve to be where they deserve to be? So that's the part I really liked about that promo. However, it went completely left when Trick asked Cody Rhodes, with the fourth of July coming up, are you going to the cookout? And Cody looked at him like what it was funny? And I laughed about it because a part of me was just, you know, just laughing about it because I know where that discourse comes from, because there's just the constant connection that Cody Rose has with the black community, and then it's also stemming from jokes and stuff. So I understand what Trick was saying, and you know how he was being funny, and then it made the entire NX, or at least the black chunk of the NX that was there, pop up and just scream and everything. And he said he would be there, and they gave each other a DAP and that was all. And it was just funny. But because I know the black wrestling community, I stayed off of social media for a minute because I know it was just gonna cause ah, you know, And in the moment, I thought it was funny. But then when I really thought about it, I was just like, this is going to cause some chaos. And I understand why as a black person. I do understand why, because there have been so many times where we'll say, oh, well, this respective white person can come and be a part of the cookout because they do something cool that you can attach to blackness, that you can attach directly to blackness, and we'll be like, oh, well, they're cool. They can come to the cookout, or they can come to the cookout. And it's almost now gotten to the point to where we can invite people to cook out.
Speaker 3: But then.
Speaker 2: It's sort of blown up in our faces a bit where they were. White people have a tendency to take from Black culture and then use it for their own benefit and then sort of bastardize it to a degree and just discard it when it no longer suits them. And you know, they don't really care about the people and why we created these things, or why we have the way we speak and why we have the way we do this and stuff. And it can get really exhausting sometimes when you see so many pieces of who you are as a black person getting taken away or getting you know, commodified, and all of the above, and it's exhausting. It can get really exhausting. So I definitely understand how a lot of these people felt, you know, how a lot of the members of the black wrestling community felt when this was put out here like this, And then on top of that, you have other people outside of the black wrestling community who just don't know exactly what the cookout is, and they're speaking on it as if they might get it, but then they really don't get it, and it's just kind of like, oh my god, y'all don't understand. Y'all don't understand it. And honestly, it's not really our job to really hold your hand through it as black people. Y'all just can google it like you do everything else, because we're not meant to just be your guide to black culture and black people, you know, if you want to ask, I mean, no, like, look it up please, cause we're not obligated to tell you all of our things because historically we've shared our things and you've taken it and just it's not been cute. So yeah, I understand a lot of people's feelings about the cookout thing, but I'm more than sure that you know, Trick didn't mean anything crazy by it, you know, and anything bad by it or whatever. But what I will say is this is that I really hope that with all of the authentic Black people and black characters that we are seeing in wrestling as a whole and not just in WWE. I'm hoping that they're not just using it as a bargaining tool or like or using it with backhanded intentions, as you know, to try to like feed off of the culture and then throw it away when it doesn't, when it's not useful for them anymore. Because we've because black people have gone through so much in this sport, and the fact that we've gone through so much and yet still you know, make moves and yet still accomplish so much. It would be a terrible shame if these companies are just doing this because they feel like it'll just get them a quick buck, or they feel like it would just you know, excite you know, a certain group of people and then bring them to them only to just not care about that audience anymore. I just hope that that's not what's going on here, Because on the one hand, you have you know, Cody being welcomed to the cookout, and you have Sexy Red being on NXT and Lil Wayne and all these other people popping up at your wrestling shows. But then on the one hand, you have your United States Champion Logan Paul popping up with an openly racist former president. Make it make sense. Make it make sense. I'm just saying. So moving away from that, I know it just did got dark for a second, but I just had to be real. Another thing that I did love about wrestling was this interaction that Cody had with his former AAW Associs in the back of the EDXC locker room and he told all of these people like, look, it looks like you guys are in a good place, and he walked away from him. And this was satisfying. This was just very satisfying and funny and clever in a way that I just say, oh my god, y'all think y'all cute, And I just had to move on from it. But it was just really funny. I enjoyed it. I just think it's really great. And also, let me just say that in the segment with Trick Williams, Cody did also mention that Trick's next challenger will be determined in a Battle Royal this coming Tuesday, and that they might come from different locker rooms. So it looks like the Men's Division and NXC is gonna get a little bit of the excitement that the women's division got when Jordan Grace came and challenged Rock sand So I'm really excited to see who it could be. And a lot of people are speculating that it could be a certain person that wrestling fans believe in. Is it Joe Hendry? I hope it is, but we just gotta wait and see. But yes, it's this segment with all of the former AAW people, which just really funny and really cute and clever. So yeah, and then of course you have the new faces of the twenty twenty four NIL class. I really like this part here simply because two of the people who are highlighted in the NIL class are Darcy Khan, who runs track for Howard University, and I do believe as it stands now, she is the first and only person who is I'm an HBCU to become a part of the of an NIL class, So congratulations to her for that. And we have Abby Jacobs, who plays soccer for the University of South Alabama, so big ups to US Alabama. Let's go. Even though she's from Florida, but she goes to school at South Alabama, so that was really cool. So big ups to the nil class, but definitely big ups to those two women. And I can't wait to see what they have to offer once take it acclimented to all their wrestling training and all of the stuff, and I can't wait to see who they become. It's gonna be cool. And also, let's stop bullying Vic Joseph. Something that's been happening over the past few weeks is that folks have been bullying Vic Joseph, calling him a snitch and doing all this other stuff just because he's doing his job. And then you have Booker t who, of course, you know, finds all sorts of reasons to argue with him a whole lot. And I'm just like, look live Big Joe, be Vic Joseph and let him do his job, because as quiet as it's kept, he really is like one of the people who could very well like take over when Michael Cole decides to hang it up, like and you know, when Michael Cole decides to retire, And mind you, you know, I'm not rushing that by any means. You gonna have Corey Graves there, but then you gonna also have Vic Joseph there. And I feel like even though everybody makes funny him and stuff like that because it's funny. I feel like he just deserves more respect because some of the calls he'd be making be on point, even though sometimes he just be real goofy with some of the stuff that he says, like especially when the crossover stuff happens. I mean, he's smart about everything. He knows everything about this business, so I really feel like he deserves more respect. So this is just me talking about I guess how much I love Vic Joseph and how I just feel like we should just respect him and give him his flowers more because he really is a great play by play commentator and maybe one day, who knows, I might commentate with him and give him, you know, some fun maybe one day. But yeah, let's show love to Vic Joseph Moore and just stop you know, giving him such a hard time for being a journalist. So when it comes to what I liked in wrestling in aw Dynamite, I really love the match between Mercedes Monet and Zixes for the TBS title. Of course, Mercedes Monet won the match, but as it turns out, you know, this was a very physical matchup. As you can see if you're not really familiar with Zikexe, she's one half of the CMLL Women's Tag Team Champions I believe, with Stephanie Vecor who is also the new Japan Strong Women's title, who has faced Mercedes Monet before, and then they're going to fight each other at Forbidden Door in a couple of weeks. So this match was really good. Zikees has clearly, you know, evolved a whole lot more sins the last time I saw her wrestle, which was in the May Young Classic. So yeah, this match was really good. I enjoyed it. You know, to get a match like this on free television, it's just pretty insane, but I loved it. It was really good. It was very hard hitting and technically sound. And of course Mercedes is out here proving why she's the CEO and the greatest women's wrestler of all time, so big ups to her for that. And also, if you haven't had a chance to subscribe or sign up for her Monette newsletters, please do so because they're very inspirational and they might make you cry, but they're still very inspirational. And in speaking about what I liked on SmackDown, Jade and Bianca had a montage you know, feeding into their triple threat match at Clash the Castle tomorrow. But I just wanted to share this picture of them with so I'm at the Irvin and they shared this on social media saying that they were basically Mark Henry's Angels, And when I read that, I was just like, Bruh, why did the Charlie's Angels theme just start playing in my head? Because something that a lot of people don't know about me is that I did grow up watching reruns of Charlie's Angels, and I was a big stand of the movies when they came out. It's just something about women kicking behind that I've just loved from jump and just the idea that they said that and feeding into Mark Henry basically discovering all three of them. It's just a beautiful thing to notice. And I'm just so happy that they're here, you know, representing the greatness of what black women can be in this business. So they had a really cool montage feeding into their tag team title match, and their aura is just undeniable, and I'm just so happy to be living in a time where these women are champions to so yeah, and I just wanted to take some time to talk about a lot of fashion moments in SmackDown. I really loved Beefab's hair. Whoever does her braids does a phenomenal job, and I just love this red on her. It just brings out the beauty of her facial features and I just love her red hair. It's just really cute. I just wanted to take some time to just have some commotion for her hair and all of her fashion moments. Really, like, I always liked her style, and I always liked her fashion, and I liked the white braids when she had them, but when she switched over to the red, like that was really fresh and vibrant, and I just loved that. So I just wanted to take some time to show be Fab love because of her hair in this segment with the Street Prophets and Kevin Owens, it was just really great. And of course I have to give another moment to our Queen of the Ring, Naya Jackson, her beautiful natural hair. I love that she's wearing it more often, even though it might be really big and she can't necessarily wear like the crown to the Ring with it on, but her hair is her crown, and I just think that's amazing. And her natural hair, it's just really beautiful and I just love watching her wear it and it seems like she takes care of it really well. So yeah, this is just me kind of just going crazy about people's looks because I don't really talk about fashion all that all of that much on the show and hair that much on the show, but they really do be gagging me sometimes when it comes to the fashion, So I just had to talk about it. But I am still worried about me A M and her losing streak because Naya Jackson was coming out here to fight Mia from their brawl last week and Nya won this match in very dominant fashion, and I'm just tired of watching me and M lose. I just feel like me and M just deserves so much better than that, Like she just, yeah, Chelsea is horrifying. She just deserves so much better than that. Like for somebody as talented as she is, she just can't. I just want her to just have great opportunity. She just deserves to win a whole lot more than she does. So that's just how I feel about that. And Chelsea Green just continues to just blow my mind with her facial expressions and her acting skills, and she's just so hysterical to me. This is a facial expression that she made when Naomi kicked out of one of her maneuvers. It was just really funny. And I'm just like, Chelsea Girl, never change. Always give us face. Please, just always give us face. And I want to give a big ups here again to Samantha Irvin because her intro that she does for Chelsea Green has now been placed as a part of Chelsea's theme song. So at the beginning of Chelsea's theme song, it's no longer it's Chelsea, it's Chelsea Green the way that Samantha Irvin does it, and then it goes to Ohm hot miss Oh, and I'm just like, wow, I think it's really funny. So I think it's what's best to happen, considering Samantha isn't on SmackDown to do the entrance for Chelsea in that way anymore. She's on raw, So I think it's a good way to sort of keep it mixed in, keeping it mixed in with Chelsea Green, even though Samantha can't be there. So it's just really cool that that's what's happening with her. And here again, like I was saying in my Predictions, I love the back and forth that Cody and AJ were having in their promo with each other tonight, And I just don't understand how these men were able to keep a straight face as the people of Scotland kept channing Cody's name and they were able to just keep it going. And I just feel like these are just professionals. These are like greats in their field, because there is just no way I could be able to have this serious overcomnversation with all these people yelling. It's just really hard, and they were able to do that, and you could tell that there were times where AJ really did want to just tell him the hush, but he just didn't and he just kept going. And then another funny part of this whole promo was Cody Rhoads calling Carl Anderson and Luke Gallows Horace and Jasper. And for those who don't know, Horace and Jasper are the henchmen to Kuela Deville in one hundred and one Dalmatians. That gagged me so bad. And I'm saying here, like Cody Rhoads, what it so you've been watching Disney movies. You've been watching Disney movies at the house. You've been watching Disney movies at the house. This blessed me because I am a Disney girl. So the idea that he made reference to one and one down Mass just gag the miss out of me. I was just like, oh my god, Horace and Jasper, you just essentially called aj Styles Kuella Deville.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: That is just really insane to be But I just thought that was just really funny. But AJDD kind of cook him a little bit when he said, like, look, you have quit everywhere you have worked for, and it seems like when the going gets tough, Cody Rhodes gets going. And I was like, god dang, they were destroying each other. But then Cody turned it around and said, yeah, I do leave sometimes, but I leave because I'm always moving on to something better. And I was glad that he said that, because some folks you try to make it seem like just because you move from place to place, or you jump from job to job, that you're just out here just doing it just for the sake of doing it, or when things don't go your way. No, sometimes you do have to leave when it no longer serves you, Like, don't be blindly loyal until you run yourself into the ground. Okay, Like, leave Cody alone. His journey was his journey, So be quiet. It's okay. But yeah, their segment was fantastic, and I'll just never forget that Cody called them Horace and Jasper. He's been watching one hundred and one Dimensions at the house. And then of course you have Grayson Waller and his Grayson Waller Effect show with DIY as guests, and they came and talked a lot about hold on this second. They came and they were talking about how they were gonna hold on to the tag titles and how much better of a tag team they were than d IY. The most hilarious.
Speaker 3: Was that.
Speaker 2: Johnny Gargano took it upon himself to look Austin Theory in his face and tell him that Grayson Waller is literally just using him, and talked about how talented he always thought Austin Theory was and how he deserves so much better than that. And it's so funny because during the Grayson Waller Effect, DIY show up the footage of Grayson pulling excuse me Austin Theory in the way so he could get attacked in their match by Johnny Gargano, and then he did it again tonight, And I just cannot wait until Austin Theory and Grayson Waller breaks up because I don't know if Austin's gonna hit him first or if Grayson is going to do it first, But either way, I've been wanting to see a babyface Austin Theory for a while now because and I've been talking about it for like a while now on the show too, So if this is how we're going to get to it, and if it's gonna take them losing the tag titles to get to it, then so be it. Because Grayson Waller just can't keep bullying his man and acting like he can just do whatever, say whatever. We know like that's just not gonna work. So I just can't wait to see how this turns out. And I do hope that DIY does get another opportunity at those tag titles so they can win them, because they haven't won tag titles together since they were in NX Black and Gold, so I'm just gonna need for that to happen again for them one more time, and if it happens in Cleveland at SummerSlam, I love it, so that'll be great. So yeah, that's all I liked in wrestling this week. And so now we're just gonna move into announcements. Like I've been saying. Next weekend, which is Juneteenth weekend, I will be at the first ever African American Comic Expo being held by Blurred Over at the ag Gas and Boys and Girls Club on Saturday, June the twenty second. I will be hosting a panel called is It Cool to Be a Black Wrestling Fan Now? And I will be there with two very special guests in the form of Katrina Blake of Inkat We Trust and Brittany from Burmaslams. So I'm really excited to be doing this. So of course, if you're in the Birmingham, Alabama area, come down to the expo and just celebrate with us. It's gonna be great and I'm just really excited to be a part of it. And also please continue to support and check out my other show with Katrina call Stephan kat Talk Wow when we talk about the ins and outs of the hottest all women's TV show, All Women's Wrestling TV show while Women of Wrestling Superheroes. We air every Thursday unless otherwise stated, on both of our live platforms on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and everywhere else. Continue to support the show and watch all of our interviews that we have had so far with a lot of the women of WOW, and just continue to support us as we grow there. And of course, if you want to book anyone for your special events, if you want a host for your podcast, or if you want a writer to write something for you, like an editorial or something, or do an interview with someone, or if you need a commentator or a panelist, I am your girl. Please email me at Hartywrestling Podcasts at gmail dot com or dm me on Instagram or Twitter at Queen Steph Hardy and I will get back to you and give you you know, rates and stuff and we can work it out because I am very passionate about what I do and I hope that I can continue to be a light in this space. So book your girl, Book your girl, Book your girl. I'm excited to work, And of course, since I am excited to work, I am so happy to be a part of Black Girls Wrestle and their event called the Blackout, which will be taking place in September of this year in Daytona Beach, Florida, where we will be I will be on commentary with the amazing Sahara Seven and we're going to be commentating the action for this promotion, which is full of the most talented black women in all of wrestling today. So if you're in the Daytona Beach, Florida area, please buy your tickets now. It's going to be really great. Of course, there's going to be a tournament to see who's going to face off against Casey Lennox, who is the current Black Girls Wrestle Champion, And I'm just really excited to be a part of it. And of course, if you haven't watched my interview with Casey Lennox, please go and watch that on YouTube as well and go listen.
Speaker 4: To it as well.
Speaker 2: It was really great. So yeah, I'm just really excited to be a part of it, and you know it's coming soon, so I'm just excited. And of course, if you like reading different wrestling articles, please read my editorial work at Daily DDT. I'm always grateful to Rafael for letting me go off with my crazy ideas. So please check out all of my articles. My most recent articles on why Megan the Stallion should be the next mainstream star that WW should bring in next, not only just as a performer, but also as an athlete, So please read that and read all of my other articles. If you click my name, you can find everyone that I've written, and yeah, just enjoyed my writings. Hopefully I'll get back to writing soon because I'm working on some things, but I'm just really excited to be in different bags. So yeah, this is my writer back and I'm just really proud of this article, so please read it when you get a chance, and of course buy my merchandise at foyourwear dot com slash Hardy Wrestling Podcast, where you can find my Beyontes Ship TV ship t shirts available in all sizes and the color black. It celebrates the love of Bianca and Montes, so I figured, you know, if you loved the TV show Love and WW Bianca and Montes, or if you just love them both as a couple or individually, you can buy this T shirt and rocket and wear it and be like yeah, be on tests and just support them. So buy that T shirt there as well as my Alabama wrestling T shirt which celebrates Alabama wrestling icons from this great state where I hail from as well. Available in the colors of red and black and all sizes at for yourwar dot com. That's f o R youre Weair dot com, slash Herty Wrestling Podcast, and those are all of my announcements. Thank you so much for joining me on this show. For those who did watch live, and of course if you want to watch it later you can. This will be made available before if not tonight, then by tomorrow, even though it's technically already tomorrow, but hey whatever. Thank you guys so much for watching and being with me tonight into today, and I hope you have an amazing weekend. I want to say Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers and father figures and grandfathers and great grandfathers of the world. It's an amazing weekend I get to celebrate with my dad, who is the reason why this show is the way it is and why I'm even a wrestling fan at this point. He got me into it, so he's part of the reason why I'm here in this regard, So happy father Stay to him, and just I hope that you guys are having a safe weekend and you're doing what's best for yourself and taking care of yourself and just knowing that you are worth all the good things in the world. So yeah, this has been the Hearty Wrestling Podcast with your girl Stephanie Hardy and until next time, Bye y'all.