Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging with us today.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 1: It's that time where we tell you the sponsor of the sports segment is Twisted Root Burger Company.
Speaker 2: And I know you love you some Twisted Root.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it might be the best burger in the history of Dallas Fort Worth. It's definitely in the discussion. There have been some great burgers. There's one particular burger architect that we know who makes a fine, fine burger. But if you were to list out the top burgers in town, you'd be remiss not to have Twisted Root right at the top of that list. Yeah, and now they spent the last six months or so retooling their menu and so they've re emerged.
Speaker 2: It's even better than ever.
Speaker 1: Plus they have some build you own burger options that we're big, big fans of. So what we want you to do is to visit a Twisted Root Burger Company. They're all over the Metroplex, Carrollton, Deep Elum, Arlington, Bedford, East Plain. I could go on and on, but all the locations are great. They're delicious and you're going to have a great time. Check it out. It's the Twisted Root Burger Company. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Balance around the sports.
Speaker 3: KDD Queens has all the sports.
Speaker 4: Yes, look at those Indiana Pacers. They're now up too to one in the NBA Finals after a big win last night at home over our friends to the North, our allies to the Oklahoma City Thunder not.
Speaker 2: Our allies hate them. Uh and uh dude, I.
Speaker 3: Cannot believe this. I can't wait to get your thoughts on this skin. I thought that it was going to be a gentleman's sweep after you know, the Pacers took Game one.
Speaker 2: I thought Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: Was like, hey, what are we doing? Why are we playing with our food? Let's mop these fools up. Yeah, but it wasn't to be. And it wasn't even some incredible game by Haliburt And it was just good balance game throughout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good balance game throughout.
Speaker 1: And they I thought going into the series that for Indiana to have a chance, they were gonna have to hit a ridiculous percentage of their threes. Oklahoma City shot better from three last night, I think, which you have. You know, Indiana is a really, really good team. I did not think they were an elite team. They have an elite coach. They have maybe the best coach in the NBA when it comes to just managing a game and strategizing on all of those things. When you get into a series and you have to rely on certain things, then it requires guys to step up. And the one question that I had about Oklahoma City. I was one thousand percent sure that Shay Gilgis Alexander would be up for it. My question was when other guys had to step up, were they ready? Like Jalen Williams as a player I really like, and he had a good game last night, but I don't know that I think he's third team All NBA. I think he was third team All NBA because they were far and away the best team. They're like, well, we can't only have one guy on here. Oh, Jalen's pretty good. I think, you know, it's not that he's an unworthy All Star, but I don't think he's there yet.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be there.
Speaker 1: This is still you realize Oklahoma City's the youngest team in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Right, and and they have so many picks, and so what I wonder how they would look at this if they don't win it. This year as a front office, do they panic or they say, we got to make changes. I mean they have They could do anything they wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that I think that they keep it together.
Speaker 2: I think they believe in the group and they believe in what they do.
Speaker 1: Just the one thing that's crazy is that they've gone through a situation before where they had they had three successive MVPs.
Speaker 2: Like, think about that.
Speaker 1: The first three people that Sam Presty ever drafted all became MVP. First three draft picks were Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden. All three of those guys became MVP of the league. And that's why you know we're talking about this. It's like he's regarded as maybe the best, that's regarded as maybe the best front office and all of North American sports, not just the NBA, and he won Executive of the Year this year and all this stuff. But I think that the team is so young and because they're not I don't know what they're like financially now, but the reason they broke up those three guys before is unwillingness to pay luxury tax. They're gonna have to start signing guys on down the road too, you know. And so that's but they are very methodical and very strategic. I think they keep it together personally, especially with Luca leaving the Mavericks. I mean, I bet that they probably looked at that and said, Okay, that takes a team that we were struggling with out of the picture. Now we'll see how bad. We'll see how the Mavericks bounce back next year. But they're still the bell of the ball.
Speaker 2: In the West.
Speaker 3: I want them to win it this year because I think it helps the Mavericks explain. If Oklahoma City wins this year, they're going to have that championship meet in their belly and it's hard to go back to back because it's hard to have that fire. Yeah right, And so I'd rather they just were fat and happy and satisfied with being champs and ah darn, we didn't go back to back. But if they lose after being the best team of the NBA and they're the youngest team of the NBA, there will be hell to pay next year.
Speaker 2: I mean, what if.
Speaker 5: They what if they sit there and they look at their organization and they determined, man, our MVP player was just getting blown by all night. We gotta have a guy who can play defense. Do you like championships?
Speaker 2: Do you like that that that that's going around now?
Speaker 1: Is it the blown by stats from Shae versus Luca last year?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because she's getting blown by. He's had some blown bys?
Speaker 6: Oh more than Luca apparently? Yeah, total, But I don't know. I got to trade him for an aging injured player. Now, let me say I've seen I have not seen. I have not That's funny, I have not seen. Uh you know, those stats validated. I've just seen it on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I all say, I'm same, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm also a little like apprehensive about the idea of blown by stats, like, al right, come.
Speaker 3: On, man, mind blown by stats were terrible in high school.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, ah man, Well we'll get even in marriage. Still really low?
Speaker 2: Ah man.
Speaker 1: Well we'll get back into sports a little bit later when we do Cowboys Kerosene.
Speaker 2: That's what that's coming up at five o'clock. We good with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, fantastic, Katie. Explain what's happening next in food News.
Speaker 2: Let's play the feud