Speaker 1: Wrestling too for a mature audience.
Speaker 2: I don't devailp oh Man. A lot of wrestler was talking to you earlier about this. We have been at a drought of random, stray wrestling shit, and then in like the last five days there were just we were gorged with wrestling news. It was interesting.
Speaker 1: It's all a lot of little stuff. It's not anything serious. I think that's the biggest thing going into Summer Slam. You think it would be more centric around the show, but people care more about what's going on around the show. Outside of the show. Has been making more headlines than anything that have that has to do with Summer Slam.
Speaker 2: So well. I mean we've just in the last what twenty four hours, we've had two forty year old men release a video of anime Unicorns that set the wrestling world on fire. So that right there is enough to just make you go, where are we? What is going on? How did we get here? How did this become what wrestling is? Where? That's the that's the news. And I can see Donzena is in the chat room is a little bit confused by that. I guess he is not privy to the recent New Day fucking hype video, if you want to call it that.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen him myself yet, is it good?
Speaker 2: Oh? Good? Good? Heavens you have not either.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh all right. The only reason why I was even aware of this was it came up in my Instagram feed. So I'm sure somebody, multiple people will probably share that as it goes on. But there was a you know, similarly to what's her name, thank you street Fighter, similarly to what's her face? There after her ninety day period where she's like, I'm a woman wrestler who's got to wear goth clothes. So there's something new for you. The New Day made an animated video where they're both unicorns escaping from a circus.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's watch this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: There they ship.
Speaker 1: They even used uh.
Speaker 2: Famous stock music.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, it's not stock that's not stock music. No, that sounds like somebody fuck sounds synthy wave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is it.
Speaker 1: It's two unicorns that are pink and burgundy, yes, that have that are in a circus with gold gold chain slaves on them.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're trying to say something with that. Joe, that the that the golden slave chains are are what they're trying to escape, and maybe this giant circus that looks like it's very well funded. But except in the back where the back you could see that there's like dirt on the walls and stuff. But you know, out in the public it looks really good. And of course, of course unicorns have fangs now too, by the way, I just want to yeah, yeah, and now they're free of those golden slave chains.
Speaker 2: Oh then look look do they go past you know that symbolized or maybe a broken horned third unicorn?
Speaker 1: Oh ship, Oh wow? Did they just call up? Did they just they just call him? That's what I see they are.
Speaker 2: Wow. No, No, she's looking at him sadness.
Speaker 1: He's been broken by the man, that's what it is. Yeah, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have the ability to escape because his horn, his magical unicorn horn is damaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's broken. Poor thing with its broken horn still behind it cage, you know, which, by the way, there's some level to that where you see it and you go you are kind of he's the only one that doesn't have shackles. Joe just saying maybe he is a house unicorn.
Speaker 2: Well no, no, no, that the idea is they're not. They're not afraid he's gonna escape because he doesn't have the horn, the power.
Speaker 1: He's a house unicorn.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mean the hairline was very far back on that unicorn. Dude, Uncle Acord. Oh my god, oh no, I just I saw that and I go, boy, oh boy, are you you're you're creating like a moment where it's like, oh, it's it's sad because he's watching them go and there's nothing you can do about it because he's broken and injured. That's the only place where he could be.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh, you are you are being so sensitive to this that is hilarious. No, I think I think it's going to be as ugly as that. I would not be surprised if they show up with aw show up with MVP and those guys over there, and they do sit there, yeah, because I mean that's kind of been the narrative that they've been pushing for a minute too, is that, Hey, look, you think that WWE is all equal rights, equal fights and stuff like that, but there's a lot of racism that happens behind the scenes with WWE. I mean, if if I was the one interpreting this right, would you really be that.
Speaker 2: Surprised if it becomes that, If it becomes that as a point of conversation, maybe the starting point shouldn't have been anime unicorns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm that's been their thing for a while though. It's it's it's like doing logo shit, that's all it is. I mean, there's all it's. It's very meta, right where unicorns we're free now, we're imaginary creatures and we're free getting away from these golden chains. Like it's it's all interpretive. It feels like interpretive dance or something. And the synth wave stuff, I know, you say it stock. I'm trying to remember the guy's name, Harvey Danger, Harvey Wallbanger. I don't know what the fuck his name is, but yeah, it sounds like some synth wave shit that I was listening to fucking ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, the band is apparently called the loopis Nope, noctee Okay, I pronounced that right for sure. There's no way I could have said that incorrectly. Hey, how about just the fact alone that just once again all the symbolism in there.
Speaker 1: Can you finish watching it first, though, because I mean I still have like, ah, oh you didn't finish it. No, we've been talking, dude.
Speaker 2: I oh jesus, Oh okay, I thought you saw the whole end, all right, yeah yeah, so watch watch what happened?
Speaker 1: Curious. No, I haven't seen this at all. All right. So he's passing up. So the broken unicorn gives them the the not be free. Okay, all right, so maybe they're not looking down on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they love him. They're saying that I'm going in spite of in spite of your being trapped here, we will go be free, you know.
Speaker 1: And then they're unicorn gorns. It's superpowers. And now they're electrical and their eyeballs are bleeding fucking purple light, and they're heading towards the door. And now they switch up the scene and all you see is their hoof prints going off into the distance. Oh and now they're people again. Oh now they left the company, So now they're people again. I see. No, totally not not some kind of negative symbolism at all. Yeah, No, they're people.
Speaker 2: It's a very like I said, it's a very anime thing, I guess, which is also once we're dealing with forty year old men doing it. I don't know, it's a little strange to me. I guess it's better than just being guys with a camera looking at it in their kitchen being like, oh really shot, but blocks, aren't you?
Speaker 1: So that's where the money's at?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: There's a large contingent of people forty year olds across the board that watch anime now regularly. It's Is it any surprise that they're trying to cater to a market that WWE really doesn't want a part of, you know?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, believe me, I am in no way, shape or form surprised by any any of the pandering to Japanese animation. Shit. It's just also at the same exact time, I'm like, it's like middle aged men. It's just still kind of fucking.
Speaker 1: No you are you know what, you're a hundred I said, right, too bad that everybody that's young in the industry has absolutely zero creativity.
Speaker 2: You're right though, that's also yeah, yeah, I just say that, but I have.
Speaker 1: To agree with you one, Joe. Everybody that's young in the industry is just dumb as fuck. They're just a bunch of rye backs running around eating chips, staring at the camera waiting for their next move. But you have forty year old men coming up with ideas that they should have came up within their twenties. But hey, maybe they did.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We we say this right now, like WWE hasn't been full of pitfalls over the years for creative ideas underneath the arm of Vince. So what are we really doing well?
Speaker 2: This? Well? This is also I mean you you found the lane in there that I didn't even consider fully, but just that, Yeah, we have hit this point where like the thirty five year old plus wrestlers are for some reason still trying to come up with shit, and the kids are like, what if I do a super kick? Like really, that's all right, I guess that's it. It's like what if I was arrogant? What if I was a heel but a cool heel?
Speaker 1: What if I was a goth girl? Oh wow?
Speaker 2: What no dude, No, no, no, no, we can't. We can't do that. That's way too off the beaten paths. That's that's not something you can have women doing wrestling. What are you gonna say next? They're gonna are they gonna come out to some rock music maybe where pleather or something like that, that's unheard of. I've never even thought that could be a possibility. But yeah, you're you're right in a funny sort of way where it's like I'm sitting here going, oh, the forty year old men are making unicorn and fucking videos for themselves. But then also it's like, well, what are the twenty five year olds doing? Fucking Jack Dettally shit, So maybe that's maybe that's the problem. Maybe that well, not one of the one of the many, many problems.
Speaker 1: You got a few more problems going on in w I just just added to.
Speaker 2: The list, you know what I mean. I don't know where that's ranking in a family feud board, but it's certainly uh certainly making there. It's making the top top ten. But yeah, that's fucking It is very very it is very very open ended, and they get points for being clever or creative, and they also get points for having a ring master, but leaving it kind of kind of open like who is that? Like they could have really Christy.
Speaker 1: They were meta as fucking that whole thing. Even if you wanted to look around that and say, looh is that triple eh? It was that Vince McMahon, It doesn't really matter, could Binari? Man, it doesn't matter, So the golden chains come on. I as the whole thing was just it was brutal to look at. It was brutal to look at, not for the reason of creating activity, but it's it's just more of the narrative that, Look, WWE is a horrible place to be, and as soon as these people leave, they're all going to be free and happier. I really hope these guys end up happier on the indies. I mean, you hear about such wonderful stories about indie wrestlers, and they get their trust fall at some small promotion, and then they live happily ever after, never never having to deal with financial issues or drug issues or anything else like that. So I really hope that their futures are wonderful and bright and maybe, you know, they'll obviously do something with the podcast, they'll expand from there, maybe they'll get on board some kind of network. Oh well, I guess not anymore, because WWE now owns that network. Joe, it's no.
Speaker 2: Longer they well, dude, this is also yeah, WWE's buying all this shit, and they made more than enough money too, Like let's let's let's also try our best to remember that like them doing the whole where basically show ponies, like the symbolism is just it's dripping, it's dripping off this thing golden, the golden chains, he hey, the golden handcuffs as people call them, right where it's a job where you're making a lot of money but you're not particularly happier into it. Wow, that's something a lot of people can relate to, right, sure, Yeah, everyone that works a job currently that has something resembling helthing.
Speaker 1: Sure, if you're not a CEO, then you understand, right, right, that's.
Speaker 2: We're all just that unicorn and we're all running away. Sometimes we're running past the broken horns unicorn and we know exactly why that person has to stay there, you know, we know what the deal is. But also with this but also at the same time, it's like, Okay, maybe we can carry this positivity over into because they're own. Aw it's there's pretty much no fucking way around that. I will be genuinely surprised if we don't see them in a w in the next what months, I mean sure, but they well they have the big, the big show coming up at Wembley in two weeks, right.
Speaker 1: Might show up at Juggalo Championship Wrestling.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be You imagine if the New Day showed up in the Juggalo face paint they were like, yeah, we're just not even doing a w We're just we're just down with the clowns.
Speaker 1: Now, that would be Actually, wouldn't they be the ultimate heels? No, seriously, the clean cut or not even clean cut, but the anime kids, you know what I mean, the non face paint wearing, the people that don't do drugs and they read comic books and they have a good time. They're into silly characters. Like if they showed up in j c W, wouldn't they kind of be the ultimate heels.
Speaker 2: Well that's the weird thing about the nerd culture today, right, is like I don't know what they could get if they were like, hey, guys, why are you doing drugs and drinking? We could all sit around and play war Hammer. That's like probably half the Juggalos should be like I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's you ran into. But I'm pretty sure they're not thinking about war Hammer.
Speaker 2: So well there's I mean, I I don't want to assume they're all complete whiskey tango. It's gotta be some there's gotta be some nerds in there. It's that's that's where it is. It's spread out, the nerd the idea of it just being like there was a group of kids that you knew when you were younger, and it's like, oh, those are the those are the anime kids, and these are the theater nerds and all that shit. I don't think that that's what it is as much anymore. I don't believe I.
Speaker 1: Think it's spread out. There's a division for a reason. There are lines in the San Joseph. You don't cross the fucking lines in the sand. There are no Juggalos playing Warhammer forty K. I'm sorry, I won't have it.
Speaker 2: That's the one message. Yeah, that's the angriest message we'll get this month, crappling the Juggalo. That's like, I'm like fucking painting figures.
Speaker 1: Fucking idiot Oaks, Oaks, shut up.
Speaker 2: Just you don't fucking know what. You don't know. Shit, it's my favorite thing as him making those like little, those little figures, and he's drawing the violent j paint on the little figures, say.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh, no, Juggalos. That's what we need, some Juggalo marines.
Speaker 2: Ugh, oh my god, well, dude, what fun. I don't want to say whatever, because it is actually creative to some extent. Like, honestly, that was the most glass half full way you could have explained this or at least put it into perspective. For me, I'm glad someone's trying, even if it's middle aged men and are millionaires.
Speaker 1: You know, when these guys leave, some of them do really well for themselves. I think Cross really set a precedent for a lot of people him and Scarlett when they went out and he was doing his long form videos. Some of that shit was so fucking meta and deep. It's like I hate seeing him on the Indies because it's like nobody's going to attach to you. Nobody's gonna go back and watch all this hard work you've done for fifty people. Like it's just I don't know what else, but that's what I feel like, Like the Indies, it was weird when when we were much younger, like in the two thousands and stuff, and we were watching those old CZW and IWA Mid South feuds and it was always the thing that bothered me the most was yeah, there's a contingent of people that see this stuff, but it was so limited. It was limited to people that would fucking use rapid share and mega upload or mega download, you know, like that was the only way that you would see a lot of these matches because they weren't readily available and unless you bought things through RF video, which was limited to there's really no way for you to get these individual promotions videos there matches, or at least not currently. You could always get something a year later. But my thought process even back then was oh, let's just wait five years. Let's just wait ten years when everybody has to be on the internet when everything has to be streamed live. And my thought was, hey, then it's going to be readily available for everyone. There's not going to be any monopolies. It's going to be impossible to monopolize anything if everybody can put up their show against anybody else at any timeframe. And that was another thing I thought too, was like, oh, dude, the timeframe wrestling shows are done, nobody's going to give a shit what time it is because they're just going to you can watch it whenever the fuck you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean we are seeing that with We are seeing that with Netflix. We are seeing that with Raw on Netflix, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean to a point. But I mean that's like it's it's almost too little, too late, isn't it. I mean Netflix has taken Raw and they have beaten it with such such copious amounts of branding and commercials. And I don't know, I don't want to sit there and blame WWE holy for this, but it's absolutely part of it because they do the same thing with ESPN now and now they have their own radio network, They're going to do the same thing with their radio network. I mean, at what point does anybody else have the ability to I guess in fact, or open up people's minds to different types of wrestling, indie wrestling. There's no way. WWE, and we've talked about this ad nauseum too. WWE puts out so much content that there's no possible way that you can follow these.
Speaker 2: Oh well, unless you fall into some sort of short algorithm on whatever it is, uh, you know, TikTok, Instagram, any of that shit. I mean, right now, for probably the first time since I was pretty young, and maybe now more than ever, heavy like like the hardcore scene and like funny enough like slam, death metal and shit like that is getting attention more in the mainstream. And it's because the shit and the sound is so clippable. So like the noise of like just a heavy chuggy rip, you know, riff and a guy screaming yeah, people are like, oh, that catches you. That will catch your eye or your ear and the ten seconds you're flipping through shit. So you have a band like Peeling Flesh and they're playing fucking Warped Tour where it's like, okay, so let's look at the SATs here, all right, So between Jimmy Eat World, we have Peeling Flesh. You're like, wait, what how did they make it on the lineup? But it's like, oh, because it's TikTok oh, because Instagram. Because it's just like a quick, little, like fucking dopamine burst of music or sound or whatever. And it does also fit into exactly what you were just talking about with the wrestlers too, because it's like they think, or a lot of them I think, believe that that quick, little twelve second clip or the thing that's going to catch people's eye is look at me, hurt myself real good. But they don't realize this is like actually something that they can come up with that can catch people's eyes or ears or resonate with them and that little like micro fucking burst of information or just eye candy or whatever it needs to be, because they're just like, look a falling off a thing, and it's like, motherfucker, they're all falling off things. Everybody's falling off things. Look, this person fell. It doesn't mean anything anymore. So yeah, if you do something extra fucking stupid and almost kill yourself, then you might be a clip that somebody reposts ten times on Instagram or TikTok and someone goes by real quick and goes, what a fucking idiot, And that's it, and that's it. That's the extent of your exposure and fame to the mainstream audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, you clipped off a finger. Oh shit, Yeah, Like that's the only time people pay attention to the indies is when horrible Oh you you you shot a fucking syringe right through his testicles. Oh that's uh, that's me, Jess. You got to talk about that on the show.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, that's uh. You think about when they were even talking on the Dark Side of the Ring the TNA shit, right, Uh, not even the TNA shit, but the Samoa Joe and necro Butcher thing. There was a point where there were legitimately people on indies that had an aura and a personality and like, uh, the whole and I know it's so fucking cheesy, and people like Tony kind of destroyed it from the gore, but like the dream match idea, right, could you imagine if Samoa Joe fucked the Undertaker, right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And this was and this was sh grown man.
Speaker 1: Eddie Guerrero fucking shows up in r o H and blows everybody's mind in half. Like there was there was a lot Ricky Steinbout, another r o H, another r o H guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, yeah r o H legends. Yeah, but it's like there was nothing else of course though, yeah.
Speaker 1: But there was their own buzz and the characters in the indies. Uh, like I don't know why he comes to my mind first and foremost, but like Larry Sweeney, Larry Sweeney was another one of those guys on the indies that had an actual allure, had his own character. Obviously you go to see him punk and even a younger Christopher Daniels, like all of these guys, Samoa, Joe, Chris Hero, like all of these people, Kevin Steam, Claudio castic Noli. They all had big personalities on their own. It wasn't the independent promotion that was making them. Obviously that's where they fought. But they all had these huge promotions on or these huge personalities on their own. And it's almost as if there's nothing to watch on the indies anymore. Dude, I don't remember the last time anyone even wanted to talk to about the indies, even in our chat, like nobody ever brings it up. Every once in a while, I'll see the little uh, the Joshi guys, I'll see them popping there. Hey there's a show about Tis at three in the morning. I'm like, all right, whatever, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be there, which sounds great.
Speaker 1: There's oppression happening at three in the morning.
Speaker 2: I know, you want to watch Japanese schoolgirls go ye and hit each other. Yeah, two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'm like, somebody summed it up best too. It's like, why do they all wear different colored hair in different colored outfits? Because you'd never be able to tell one from the other if they were all just in the normal hair.
Speaker 2: I was like, ah, dog, you're quoting me back to me, right, I.
Speaker 1: Was saying shit, all right, I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Like one of those mean pictures with a quote from myself. I kind of no, no, but it is Spider Man. Yeah, but it is true to some extent. Like that's why they reached some point with the Joshi girls, who where it's like, all right, you have to have purple hair, you have to have green fucking hair, because you're all five ft two and weigh one hundred and ten pounds and go dag and just fucking yell as you hit each other. There's no discerning factor to you at all.
Speaker 1: Well look at it like this though, too. I mean, when we're talking about the Indies, Triple A is an India at this point. True, hey, and they've done wonders with what they've had with Dominic and stuff like that. It's just it's interesting to me that you that you would have to have chet Gable and there dominic mysterio and there are others in there right in order to really move the idea of watching Triple A shows and they were really good. They were really good. Jeff and Lofisto covered them. They were really good shows, and I enjoyed watching them. But it's it's like that's the closest thing we get to an indie nowadays. I know GCW is hardcore and everybody watch everybody in the world watches GCW all the time, but I don't know anybody that's talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's borderline unwatchable now. I mean, I've I've tried to give them, you know, because it's the summer. I got time, so I've tried to give give myself and them a chance to get back into it. And I'm just going, this is this is nothing. There's really nothing resonating with me. There's no characters on this show. There's nobody that's particularly jumping out to me. And I'm going, ah, there's a future you know star whatever that might be a star is in like WW we could make them a star or is a star as in like Mike Bailey, where you know AW will overbook you for years to do flips onto people. I don't even see that.
Speaker 1: TVW and Super Wrestlers, Oh you mean Shaikhara Light, I mean yeahs oh no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we already saw that. We've already seen that version. But no, it is it is funny that just the character work and those types of the bigger personalities that you were mentioning, Like obviously a Sweeney should jump out because he's like the textbook definition. He's almost like the indie wrestling Patrese O'Neil where you look and you just go, what the god damn it? Did you just miss your window? Man? You miss your window. You were like a couple years off from being somebody that everyone would see and go that motherfucker's great. You know, like there's very few people that whatever you could say about the smart wrestling fans, and you know, everybody's going to have their flavor of ice cream and have their opinions on each other. But like if you go and see the Sweeteney promos from the early two thousands and you don't go, that's a talented guy, then I'm not sure you're particularly even remotely like wrestling. Yeah, he's truly.
Speaker 1: I always felt like MGF kind of bit off of Larry Sweeney. I felt like velveteen Dream kind of bit off of Larry Sweeney. Like there was a few careers that had launched over the years that I went, oh, they're just they're just taking old Larry Sweeney problem.
Speaker 2: They're getting a little sample from them, they're pulling a little influence from them, whatever it might be. But like, but mish, that's also you know when you mentioned guys like that, Christopher Daniels even or whatever it might be.
Speaker 1: Christopher Daniels was great once upon a time. I mean, holy shit, the guy.
Speaker 2: What a great voice. Yeah, but I mean, what a great voice. Why isn't he a commentator? That's weird. You just not want to be That's all I can think of. Like, I know he's agenting or whatever for aw, but he was always such a good talker. He was very succinct, he was very clear him over a lot of other people. But once again, yeah, then Christopher Daniels just sees him and he just goes, I don't want to become that, you know, like he enjoys helping people come up with you for a match, but he feels like if he sits at that table, he's going to be drinking an energy drink, texting people the whole time and miserable. Maybe that's what it is, But like it is funny because all these people that you can mention from that time, the Dream Match people, Samoa, Joe and everybody. Now we're at a point where Adam Pearce, who was for that time kind of a let's let's be real. He was kind of a throwaway dude like he was. People didn't think he was a bad wrestler. He wasn't a talented guy or anything, but you know, he didn't really do much for himself. Now you see him and you go, Jesus Christ, if this guy was thirty, he'd be a star.
Speaker 1: Are you not talking about Nick?
Speaker 2: All? This man?
Speaker 1: Well this this old man, nick al old man? All this?
Speaker 2: How weird is the once? And was it you? I was you and Dan I was talking about with this earlier where I'm like, all this isn't even that old by what WWE is doing standards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was robbing the cradle when he hooked up with Mickey Wright, like wasn't even forty eight.
Speaker 2: No, no, she she was.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't believe that. I don't believe that at all. No way, no way, old man, all this.
Speaker 2: I think that's what confuses them.
Speaker 1: I not even get three Joe punches says he's ninety three. Ah Jesus christ Man.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what happens when you eat your vegetables. You gotta eat more vegetables.
Speaker 1: But don't know, I'm sure they don't like it.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, he's not enjoying those vegetables, but they are keeping him alive.
Speaker 1: Oh I just slow people never mind.
Speaker 2: Uh, well dude, he if he's what thirty eight thirty nine years old? Yeah, that's that's about right where most of the talent that's being featured on the show is, with the exception of like what the Judgment Day guys and a couple of girls right mostly right around that age. So showing nick All this like he's fucking Randy the Ram Robinson, it's like, you know, he's right around he's the same age as these people.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's kind of plan?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Like I wonder and I didn't get a chance to watch his with uh Mick file A, But do you think that's kind of the plan that WWE wants you to think of Nick All this being this old old guy, like like we're gonna have a pretend old guy instead of using an actual old guy to fill this role.
Speaker 2: Only funnier because I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly, this guy's younger than Roman Race. Roman's on the show callin see him punk old. Meanwhile, the GM is younger than him, right, And he's like, am I supposed to be the grizzled rundown guy or whatever? I I don't know where I'm supposed to be with this?
Speaker 1: Did they think he's like some nerdy guy like a pencil pusher when they hired him? I guess do they think that Nick Aldis was getting pushed around by Billy Corgan?
Speaker 2: So he's got it?
Speaker 1: You want a five foot four guy like nobody ever paid attention to his matches. I know.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of just completely denying reality. Like it's like mister Burne with fucking who is it jose canseeko Sideburns or something. He's like, he's like, oh man, that all this guy? You know, he was just like an undersized indy dude that like not a lot of look to the guy, not a lot of muscle either. Clearly he's old as fuck. And then he and then he walks in and he's thirty eight and six feet tall in jacks, and they're like, oh, I got this guy. This yeah, no, look at this emaciated little shit. Oh don maddingly thank yeah, yeah, I forgot about it. Whatever, fucking give me a break thirty five years ago, if not older that Joe was. But no, like that's that is a weird thing with all this because him and Gunther there's a very very good chance that those two are going to have a fucking awesome match.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of looking forward to it, really, I meanlet's get to it. I mean, I know there's a couple of other things we'll talk about, but we have the Summer Slam coming up this weekend. Joe, we got night one. We do the first and the second, starting off the fall season for the most part, with two nights of Summerfest. And uh, how are them tickets looking? Still? There's still plenty of room available, folks, if you want to.
Speaker 2: Tickets still available.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and twenty of your friends, please bring bring all your friends. It's a summer Mania. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know how funny it is for me that they're like, now, tickets are twenty five dollars. You're like, weren't they twenty five hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: For WrestleMania, Like, hint, hint, hint, hint, like aren't you aren't you guys putting together that something is not working here, Things are not going well.
Speaker 1: There when they're pushing this like we we talked about the long time ago. A matter of fact, there was all three of us, Me, you and John that wwe now, especially if you believe the narrative that they're going to sell out to the Saudiast sooner than later, are going to push all the buttons everything they can for as hard as they can and squeeze out every dollar until the fans goodwill is finally finally tried up. And I think that this Summer Slam, especially after last WrestleMania, but this Summer Slam is the first results of that rotted fruit. I think the fact that people don't want to show up for arguably the second biggest show of the year really shows a dampening process of where a lot of fandom is versus where it was. I think people are finally sick of it. They've got bills to pay, they got mouths to feed, anywhere else to go but sit there for a half hearted storyline that's going to make them feel like shit by the end of the night.
Speaker 2: Anyways, And I hate to be a coastal elite, but Minnesota isn't exactly Orlando. It's not a Ruba, it's not Las Vegas. It's not Chicago, New York City, you know what I mean. Like, so this idea of even being like, hey man, you can get tickets real cheap, and it's like, oh boy, let me see what the plane ticket it costs to go to Minnesota. It's like, I don't think you're selling that out a lot of people, to be honest with, Yeah, I just don't. I don't believe that. Even for all the bad things that people will say about Vegas today and for people that are from other parts of the country where shit is much much cheaper, I totally see where they're like, the Strip is a fucking rip off. But I was saying this to Rod. I think the other where. I'm like, at this point where people like you go on the Strip you get breakfast and it's sixty bucks or whatever, and I'm like, yeah, if I get breakfast around me, it's fifty five. If it's like it's all it's everything's fucking overpriced at this point.
Speaker 1: Shit, So I'm feeling good, Yeah, I get breakfast by me it's five bucks.
Speaker 2: So well, are you talking breakfast, like just a standard breakfast sandwich or there where we're going.
Speaker 1: At, Well, you're saying a breakfast sandwich is fifty five bucks.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, yeah, I'm not a breakfasting. I'm saying, like, I sit down breakfast, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, you get you get yourself a nice little lumberjack, couple eggs, it's bacon cut fucking coffee. Yeah, that's that's running you twenty bucks a plate. At this point in my area, it's not I'm not saying it like a brag thing. It sucks. But when people are like, oh, it's so much more, and I'm like, like five dollars more and you're on vacation, it's really not that big of a fucking difference to me. But yeah, the people still noneth last would rather go to a place where they go ooh pretty lights and things to do than Minnesota. Yeah, you know, then go with a minute apples Minnesota. And also when yeah, it comes down to the whole tickets are down to twenty five bucks or whatever. Did you did you see the news that they released today where supposedly there were Netflix executives in the crowd at Monday Night ra and they were not they were not believed, they weren't blown away by the show. I know that's going to be talking to you, which I think about that Netflix executives where they're going, we're spending tens or hundreds of millions of dollars on this show, and then they're watching I believe that you are cursed as a fucking performance, and they're like, well, what's this performance leading to? And then they're like, Oh, isn't the guy that's a boxer like a beat up his fucking wife or something, or he's fucking a grapist or something like that. And then I go, so this is a vehicle to get that guy onto television. Yeah. Some tells me Netflix wasn't exactly enamored and blown away and pleased with their investment when that's what they saw on Monday. And then they see or what they hear is, oh, but the tickets are going crazy. We're selling these tickets for all this money and the crowds and blah blah blah blah blah. And then they look up at the screen and they're like, please come to Summer Slam. That costs it cost to breakfast. That costs breakfast. They're like, wait, what cost breakfast now to go to Summer Slam? I thought it was I thought it was thousands of dollars to go to Summer Slam.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's not even the arguments. The argument is is how much bad faith has wwe given the fans as far as storylines that they can't even find change in their pocket to go.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Look, I understand when they're charging twenty five hundred dollars a seat, that's ridiculous, and you have to plan those expenses out, especially in today's economy, And I get that, and I understand that's where you're trying to come from. But we're at a point now that even if people can't afford it, even if they can't afford going to WrestleMania or Summer Slam for the price of a breakfast, they'd still choose the breakfast every time. It's more fulfilling.
Speaker 2: Right right, You're you're getting more out of it, and it's less work at it's less time, and it's less effort, and it's actually just I'm.
Speaker 1: Going pasurable fonder memories of moon over my hammy or eggs over my hammy or whatever. I'm gonna have a fonder memory of that than I am for Night one of Summer Slam.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you're not You're not wrong, And I'll tell you this right now, all right. In the last three months, I think I've told at least double digit amount of people about the French toast that I had at Becky's Diner in Portland, Maine. All right, I've been telling people about this French toast like I should have like a picture of it my wallet show to people like like a child, Like I'm just like, did you see this French toast? It's unfucking believable. I have a feeling that I am going to be able to say, whoa this French toast way more than I'm gonna be able to say, like you said, Night one of SummerSlam. You know, like I'm not. There's not for the next three months. I'm not going to be saying to people, oh my god, did you see the human money's on a fucking pole match.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. Wow, there's nothing that's lasting. I mean, seriously, look, may as well go down it. Night one Live Morgan versus EO Sky singles match for the women's championship. Then we got Oba versus brock Punk versus Rhodes Nights Solo and Royce versus the Bloodline Gunther and all this, and then the Bella Twins versus uh Uh and versus the Fatal Influence Nikki Brian Paige. Sorry, I got Is she a twin?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is she a part of that?
Speaker 2: She's been taken in, She's been absorbed like the people absorbed twins in the womb or whatever. Yeah, by the way, is uh is nick all this younger than the Bella Twins? I think he might be. Yeah at this point, so you know he's he's just a grizzled you know, one legged pony making his way down the street, and he's younger than the Bella Twins. But yeah, there's a couple of matches that you mentioned now, because it's just in a vacuum, they'll be good. But are they traveled and sit in a giant fucking stadium and put up with all the ship that they would put up with good? I really well, I don't think so, But I mean, I guess we should go through the actual matches himself.
Speaker 1: He sure, Let's start with Obam sorry, and I need to clarify about OLMOTHEMI. I got some pushback. Apparently my idea of thinking that Obafemi was a classy a classy man outside of the ring, and inside of the ring he was a savage was apparently wrong, and apparently I was corrected on that that he's meant to be a bone in the nose spear chucking Zulu warrior as he was in that, which.
Speaker 2: Is they totally would be doing that in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I was wrong. I apologize. I did not realize that when he was wearing three piece suits that it was I was the one that didn't see him for what he was. So I apologize to the podcasting community for that.
Speaker 2: Well, when we were talking about this before, man, one of the biggest problems is with the Obafemi character and where you end up with these confusions, which let's call it what it is. It's not confusion. For a lot of people. It is just like a prejudice where they see a black dude with an accent and that's where their mind goes. There's oh yeah, true, but nothing nice. Let's put it that way. Nothing nice. They're not perceiving it that's like, there's a classy, smart business man. Because you know.
Speaker 1: It's weird for me to anyways, because wrestling has evolved in its own way that we don't think about those old timey characters. Dude, if somebody showed up with block shoes and a samurai jacket on and be like, what the fuck is this? Like people don't do that, it's ironically right, Like shouldn't Sky Nakamora doing that ironically was kind of a throwback to it. But somebody actually doing it and meaning to be that character, that would be fucking weird.
Speaker 2: That would genuinely be weird. You're right, it would be weird, not only just because of the obvious data racial implications of it, but there's also just this point where you go, yeah, no one looks like that, no one's acting like that, right, You're like, we have a enough exposure to the world where, like the Internet has existed long enough where unless you're just like a complete fucking dolt, You're like, yeah, Japanese people just walk around dressed like in shorts and fucking shirts and ship you're not You're not some stupid fucking dumbass that you're just like, Oh, well, they're not just like in kimonos all day doing doing karate kicks like oh.
Speaker 1: Oba Femi was angry in NXT, didn't you know? Yeah, I know that. I didn't think he was a fucking Zulu warrior from it.
Speaker 2: No, because you're not an fucking idiot, you know. But this is also where WWE, this is where the this is where their shortcomings come right where there shouldn't be this confusion as to who or what he is, or what his intentions are, or the type of person or character that he is, to where it's it becomes even the people that are watching it to choose your own adventure bullshit show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I because I blame the people on this one, Joe. I know we hate to fucking side with WWE on this ship, but I gotta give WWEE their defense on this one. Joe. You're talking about a company that literally has twenty four to seven levels of information being pumped out by the machine at all fucking times. They have podcasts, they have YouTube shows, they have their own shows, they have a network, they have stuff on Netflix, on ESPN. There is enough information being pumped out now and people still get it wrong. Then in the eighties when a dude went out there with a single it and we all know who the fuck he was, Like, nobody made a mistake. Oh that's Andre the Giant. What is he? He's giant? Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Like he's a giant, he's a Frenchman. He has a manager that's a Weasley.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying is we only got exposure, minute levels of exposure back in the eighties to the depth of who Andre the Giant was, And today like Oba Femi's doing a three hour podcast and it's like and you still don't recognize his character. I gotta fault people for that one a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, we also have to remember that we have lost we have lost like universal signs of what a good person is, that a bad person is or what is this person's personality? We can't tell anymore like that, whatever it might be, maybe it's the Internet, maybe it's the subjectivity that we've allowed to be interjected into every single conversation to the point that it's nonsensical. But you look at a guy once again, like oh, but it's like he's been on television now for WWE Main Roster Television for like six months or so cover take right, we still don't fucking know anything about him her what they've told us other than he is obah Femi, he is the Rula and I am going to kill you, brock listener, and I am going to murder you. And you're like, all right, well, anything else? You got anything else to tell me about this guy? Like where where's he actually from? Not just like we're going to announce him before he gets Like what's he from? How did he end up in ww WEE? Why does he want to be a wrestler? Why is he calling himself the ruler? Why should other people call him the ruler? They are treating the booking of their pro wrestlers the same way that like a sleazy fucking music producer would make a boy band in the nineties, where I was like, we're gonna take five different fucking guys and you know, whichever one you like, that's him, whatever you like, You're like, you're like, oh, I like this one that's a bad bully, or like I like him he seems kind of shay, Like that's what they want you to do. They want you to do all the work for them.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't I don't know about that, because you know what, it's everybody else's fault for not following every match that Obafemi's ever done. Like you don't follow his Twitter, well, then of course you don't know who the character is. You're not following him on Instagram, you're not following him on YouTube, you're not watching his sit down interviews with Stephanie McMahon, you're not listening to his his high school play readings like these are all your fault, that's what I hear. I hear your fault, Shoe. That's the problem here is that's you know, the fans, they just don't do enough.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's really what it is. And I know Triple H was saying that that it's that it's clearly the fault of the fans, yeah, for not just loving the show.
Speaker 1: Right of course, what is what is.
Speaker 2: Wrong with these people? We're making a thing, give us all your money.
Speaker 1: Not enough. I think that's the problem is WWE needs more content, and I think you know what, maybe the start of it is, you know WWE Radio, We do have WWE TV. Maybe we can figure out something else, right, like maybe like WWE Public Transit, like wherever you go. They just they just play old Roman reigns and Seth Rollins promos on your way to work to really get you pumped up for the day.
Speaker 2: They're gonna start competing with the fucking local bush bus lines. They just make those Dan House and ice cream trucks into fucking buses and they just drive around.
Speaker 1: Seena's right. Seth Rollins elevator music. Yeah, seth Rollins sings the hits on your favorite elevators. Great.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just absolutely positively despise the fact that now we've gotten to this point, whether it's triplets shit, but the way that a few talking oh well, you know, I just wish that the fans would apply their effort that they have to dissecting the stories into being invested in the characters or whatever the fuck it is. And it's like, that's your job, you fucking idiot. You're supposed to make the characters interesting. We're not supposed to go, whoa, I'll go far to make the characters into a thing. In my mind. What do you get?
Speaker 1: It's because I think that you've hit the nail on this head before too. It's the coddle nature of Triple h's management that has created this empty pitfall. It's the fact that, oh, just go out there and have fun, guys kind of mentality that has really given us some lackluster creativity as far as character work, promos, and storylines go, Whereas Vince made people afraid to sit the fuck down. I'm not saying that Vince is a good guy, but I am saying that Vince might have been a good manager. He brought He beat the children, Joe, He beat the children until they fucking learned, and apparently it worked for at least forty years. And she just wants to hug the children. That's all he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Well. And this is the problem, dude, is I don't even know if it's like he's just trying to make his own hug box and on them. Yes, don't forget thank you, Anne, I guess make sure we know he was pooping on He's an event just sitting there. He's like, great promo out there. Can I shot on you later?
Speaker 1: No, I can either yell at you for that ship or I could just shot on you. Which one you want.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing is there's probably some people that are like, I'll take I'll I'll take the ladder. I'll be all right. What can I hold my nose? Is that all right? Uh? No, it is? It is. I don't even know if it's Triple H wanting to be the liked guy, which for years I've contemplated, that might just be the thing.
Speaker 1: It works, but that's the thing though, is still on Vince McMahon's Terror Terror Brigade. It worked for a while when Vince McMahon was finally out. We had a good year and a half of Triple H running the show. That everything was good because they were still they were still recovering from all the Vince fear, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like mole morale was through the roof.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they were so happy.
Speaker 2: They escaped, you know, at their unicorn horns fell off too, all of.
Speaker 1: Them, all of it right, And then people got comfortable and then fucking and then Ari Emanuel said, you know what, these guys are getting paid too much to be this happy. Let's cut their paid raph and Triple.
Speaker 2: H is like, guys, guys, uh, I hate to.
Speaker 1: Tell you, but and now he was like Dave Meltzer or something, but you know, I know you guys are making so much money, now you're gonna only make half if you want to say, here on the company, and and rightfully, all these people like, but you love us, you you gave me the funny hug, Like what are you doing? Why Why am I losing half my paycheck in order to stay here? Because we're just not being creative enough to sell out these shows because the company needs more money, and since we can't find new new ways to etch sponsorship deals on shit, we're just gonna have to take the money directly from you.
Speaker 2: Because we because we sold out to a company where instead of their motto being let's put on a good show and make a lot of money, it's exponential growth. The only thing that matters is exponential growth.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Where can we just keep putting more and more and more and more money in our pockets? Well, everything else gets shittier and shittier. But I also think, like I don't, I don't believe fully did that that's what it is with Triple H. As much as like him wanting to be liked or the fun guy or the cool guy or whatever the fuck it is, I really believe it is the corpo fucking entitlement of like, how dare these fucking peasants want something for their money?
Speaker 1: On Monday Night? Raw, He's still taking photos with people when they come back from their matches. He's still hugging everybody that comes through the fucking thing that comes back into the gorilla position.
Speaker 2: And to some extent, And I really I'm dead serious about this too. The boys need to stop doing that.
Speaker 1: Stop doing it well to Conn will give me hugs, Tony Conn'll give me hogs and he'll pay me money. Uh, I can give you hugs. Uh, Like, that's the fuck?
Speaker 2: What's the exchange rate on hugs from Saudi Arabia?
Speaker 1: Tony Kahan gives you one hug and one hundred thousand dollars, I'll give you two hugs.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I'll give you two hugs and you go to work way way more.
Speaker 1: I really do think you're right. I think it is a mix of both though, as opposed to just one side or the other. But you're talking about a guy who still celebrates every single wrestling match that happens on his TV, good, bad, or indifferent. I mean, what would have happened back in the day, Joe if somebody had a truly awful what would have happened back in the day if that fucking Dan Housen Joe Hendry segment went off and they went in the back and looked to Hug Vince McMahon.
Speaker 2: This would have squeezed him like a fucking what was it, Lenny or Lenny, he would have squeezed. Yes, killed them, killed them via Hug. Yeah, there is there is so much with the god just the middle management bullshit of Triple Ah. The obvious like him doing it. He's gotta stop doing these interviews. I get it, because it's supposed to be where we're all supposed to buy that. He's you know, he's Triple H. He's the legend, he's the legend, and he's the face of WWE. But because he is just a toxic, pompous, fucking cunt, he makes himself sound worse and the company sound horrible. Yeah, every time he does these fucking interviews.
Speaker 1: Its remember Covid, Yeah, remember Covid When Roman Reigns wasn't going to wrestle because of his blood issues and he was just asked a simple question and he's stammered. He's stammered for like a good five minutes on how to try and explain that Roman Reigns might not be at WrestleMania. And it's hilarious because he.
Speaker 2: Can't just say because he has blood cancer and it could make him really sick from COVID and these are the reasons why he can't say it.
Speaker 1: Well, he was also terrified of using the word COVID because they didn't want to associate WWE with COVID at all, even though they were having everybody watch the show via satellite in the actual arena.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just well, what made that even more absurd as you think of it, You go, he's so worried that someone's going to say, well, then you shouldn't even have the show in general, or why are you guys getting away with doing it, which, by the way, all of which were real valid points. They were in Florida. Florida was the fucking wild wild West. It still is. They don't give a fuck. No, they truly do not care. So to some extent, he could have said, yeah, we're running the show, and it'd be like, specifically for Roman, who is immunocomprom this is not a good choice for him to show up at the show. And like I said, I don't even that.
Speaker 1: Was the time. You gotta remember during COVID too, there was half the people that said, oh, COVID's not real, Hey, no such thing as COVID. So Triple H was, but he couldn't navigate that minefield anyways. I would think that a halfway competent talker, I guess I mean a Jim Cornett, I think would have been fine with something like that. Paul Hayman would have been fine with something like that. There's plenty of other people in the company that could have done that interview about fucking Roman and COVID that wouldn't have stammered their way through it and probably gotten praised afterwards. Triple H has never been this big promo guy, and I get that. There's a lot of praise and respect for his career, and rightfully so in a lot of ways. I know there's a lot of people that hate his career. He booked himself to the top, and there's obviously credence to that too. I think there was enough of the character. There was enough during the d X days. His work with Sean was hilarious and fun to watch. Individual stuff with him and Stephanie were great, Like there are moments in Triple Ah's career that I remember back fondly as a fan, and I think that there was a lot of great moments that he's had. However, that doesn't immediately make him a good face of the company. If he still wants to be the guy in the back hugging everyone and telling them, like as like the head coach, what a good job they did. Let him be that. Find somebody else. Matter of fact, why on the fuck is in Stephanie McMahon the face of the company. Clearly she's involved with the company. Still, why is it Nick Conn? Although I think Nick Conn has got to be tearing his hair out because I'm sure fucking Ari Emmanuel and the rest of TKO are just like, uh so, what else are you doing for us for money? What other ways you're gonna find money for us? So Nick Conn has got to be like one stage away from a heart attack. You know, he's.
Speaker 2: He's he's looking at it, going, God, damn it, I have how much money? Like, I wouldn't be shocked if in year or two, I'm assuming that they just don't tell it to the Saudis, which I'm still it's fairly convinced that's what's gonna happen in Wrestlata this year. But he might just say, em, I'm good, Yeah, I need to be doing this anymore. I've made more than enough money. He'll be into his fifties by that point. Which if you're fifty five years old and have like one hundred million dollars, why are you going to work? Cut it out? You could fucking die tomorrow, dude. Like, it's like you're not twenty five years old anymore. Shit happens, you know, Like you might as well just be like, maybe I should take my one hundred million dollars and go enjoy my life, which whether it goes on for another ten or twenty or thirty years, I should probably go have some fun, you know. But it's just it's very it's very strange to me that Triple Ah comes up with new ways to make himself look like shit to make the com and he looks like complete shit.
Speaker 1: But that's the funing is. He's not Press Joe. He went out there confidently thinking this is a good way to tell people to relax and have a good time. It's endearing, right people. Yeah, that's only when I when I tell them that chill the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Okay, someone needs to show Triple H Tom Segurora, just show him that. I'd be like, listen, if you don't like WWEE, it's because you're lazy, so your mindset is bad.
Speaker 1: Bill burmelt down after fucking SORDI.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, this is what you sound like. You hear that, that's you. That's you. That's how you're coming off. And I must say, too, who is not helping Triple H unintentionally? Like just it's not on him at all because he's doing his own thing. But every single time I hear John Cena speak, I go, there's there's so few people that can do this. There's so few people that have the skill that he has and the ability to connect with people and listen and have the right answer and approach things from a positive way and not be afraid of like oh I'm gonna look this way or like what about me? Blah blah blah blah blah. He moves with such confidence and conviction that you see that, and then you see Triple H go on a show and do it. I don't know why these fucking idiots don't just like their pig vomits do you want to see your pig vomit idiots?
Speaker 1: Like I think it's because Sina has had enough training outside of WWE, where Triple H hasn't. I know, Triple He's also a good big movies like The Chaperona, But John Cena has, I mean, he was a what a fucking ambassador between US and China, Like you have to be socially aware if you can convey messages in multiple languages and still be liked universally, like John Sena's on a different level as far as just a conversation goes. When he was talking about the Vince McMahon stuff, I was, and I know, we go back and we kind of ripped on him for not being able to take a side or not being able to say anything forward. But in hindsight you look back and you're like, Wow, he navigated that whole thing without without shitting on anyone, and I'll know pun intended and he got away with it without the media crucifying him too. So John Cena is experienced, and once upon a time I thought that, you know, the only other person that was a better talker than John Cena when it came to the public was the Rock and yeah, that's kind of changed over the years. And who knows, maybe seen the time will come, maybe he's maybe Seena'll hit the big five to five or something and he'll just go, ah, fuck all those these uh Jesus, pick a race. I don't know, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, see, you better not put a Cramer moment on Sina. I don't want to hear none of that. Yeah, yeah, I like seeing him more now than I ever liked him as a wrestler, honest to God like now looking at.
Speaker 1: Him because there's no interview, there's there's no value to him anymore. There's no okay, maybe value is the wrong word. There's no consequences of John Cena anymore.
Speaker 2: That's sair.
Speaker 1: He's not being pushed in the Roman reign slot. You know, who knows Joe here, maybe Roman reigns when this is all over, you know, give him ten years away from the company, maybe he'll become a Paul Hamon level talker. Maybe he'll know he won't.
Speaker 2: No, no, sir, I'm not gonna allow that level of bind optim occasion, all right, that ain't that ain't gonna happen, you know what. Honest to fucking God like it's always the you gotta see something, something's got to get way worse before you realize what you had before. And that's really what it is with with Roman and Sina, is honest to God, like it's like, you know what, the three thousandth match, or if you're having a brightly colored fucking shirt screaming spots at a guy and then winning in seven minutes, I'll still take that over fucking Roman reigns. At least John Cina ran to the fucking rings. Jesus right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get through night one. Uh, we've got to Live Morgan versus Eo Sky singles match for the Women's World Championship.
Speaker 2: Joe who cares? Uh, it's EO retains, right, So that Wayverquel and they can start telling the story. Oh I forgot my bed EO wins. Yeah, that's how much I give a fuck about that woman's title right now? All right? So EO wins it. So that way Live can start a storyline about having some sort of jealousy torch for cal Is that the is that the way of presenting this? No?
Speaker 1: I think I think hold onto it. I mean, what else are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I think I think live little Little Love lit hold on. She was just talking about something in an interview too. I'm gonna hold it a thousand days, oh, I mean she.
Speaker 2: Roman, Yeah, sure, Livy have fun. I I mean considering. I just completely forgot always a good sign for for me and for her. I yea, that's fine.
Speaker 1: We got uh Oba Simba versus brock Lesnar.
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, I don't know as will Oba be able to according to some of the people in the audience, will even be able to get into the cage, just even know what a cage is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could just chew on that for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, just yeah, nothing weird about people put whatever. Uh If Oba doesn't win this, what the fuck are we doing with ourselves? I mean, truly, if this is supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be, I don't think seems to win. I think Oba's shown himself to be such shit lately. My entire view on this, I want Brock to win now. I want to I want Brock to win. I'm already fucking ready to just bail on Hoba. Femi. The way this character is so wishy, washy and so weak looking, and the only way he gets over is by screaming big words but the simplest things just to feed him. It's just it's he looks weak and pounding on little fucking NXT kids every week is just not doing it for me.
Speaker 2: And I'm not crazy about I'm not crazy about that be and his thing, and so you're right, he just beats up a bunch of fucking security guards and shit, did did they just completely forget? I know that I say this a thousand times a week at this point, but did they just completely forget what a baby face and a heel is on every level to where it's like, well, Obah's big and tough, so the best way to show he's big and tough is to bully smaller people like huh wait, do you guys do you guys even like, do you guys even remember watching Nickelodeon? Like what?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Who is writing this? Where you're like, all right, so here's the thing. We want to take the six foot five, three hundred pound guy that's supposed to be scary and imposing but also at his heart a good natured guy who is trying his best and wants to overcome this other guy. Why don't we have him? Looks at paper mutilate one hundred and fifty pound guys constantly that are that are just hanging around. Should we just do that? It was like, it is so fucking idiotic, and you probably and honestly, I could see at this point too, Brock's at his house, you know, technically he's in his hometown. Right, this is Brock's house. He could come out get a huge ovation. Oba could get his Oba chant with his Oba dance. Right, there's Oba arms and he comes out and the people loved you in the little song and dance because now it's a karaoke show anyways, And then when the match starts happening, they could turn on him and start charing for Brock. It's a real possibility.
Speaker 1: I mean, he is in Minnesota too, Like that's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. Yeah, there's a real possibility that they've already fucking they've fucked Oba up to the point where he's just an entrance. And if you put him in there against a guy like Brock, who they've actually you know, done something with and you has had character work and a relationship with the audience for thirty years or whatever. Yeah, yeah, I could see him getting cheered in this match and Noba getting booed.
Speaker 1: Don Seen is right. I think you can give Oba Dan Housen his manager. Uh, I think that'll help.
Speaker 2: Maybe he should just start beating the shit out of him and then go I am a baby face, I am a good guy.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of already. Man, I fucking hate it. I really liked the guy coming out there. He had fucking great energy. I thought that it was gonna be a breath of fresh air. He gave me Bobby Lashley vibes. A little bit, he gave me some Bobby Lashley vibes.
Speaker 2: And now they're treating he gave you Bobby Lashley vibes. And now, unfortunately, it looks like it's heading in the trajectory of Bobby Lashley's first push, which was look at this big, giant, intimidating, tough guy, and then eventually they just completely abandoned ship. And six months time and.
Speaker 1: Brock Brock is losing. Brock wants to get the fuck out. I think Brock can win and still get the fuck out. Wins and the leaves wins and leaves. Yeah, I'm leaving goodnight. Yeah, I'll show up at WrestleMania for that last paycheck. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Oh. He's like, I don't know if I want to fly to Saudi Arabia. What's the WrestleMania after that? And they're like, probably Saudi Arabia again, and he's like a ship, all right, I guess I'll let's do this one. Uh man, Yeah, I don't even know. I'm gonna just pick oh. But just because I want to assume that the company is going to feign wanting to build stars. That's my glass half vault right there.
Speaker 1: Cool? Uh seam Punk versus Cody Rhodes singles match for the w w E Championship.
Speaker 2: Punk probably, I assume Punk retains.
Speaker 1: Of course, there's no reason for Cody to win.
Speaker 2: No, that's it. That'll be a good match. I mean that's really That's all there is to really say about it. I mean, truly, it's just you have these two guys. They're both baby faces. At least for now, I'll just talk about turning Cody. I'm like, well, once again, we have a show where that doesn't matter. So you can just show up one day and be a complete repugnant asshole to people and then you'll get cheered by eighty percent of the audience. Anyways, so what are we turning? By the way, if you we're at the point where you could say, hey, we're going to turn Cody full heel and he comes out smoking the garden and people start cheering him. So it doesn't even fucking matter with this dip shit audience that's watching it half the time.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that's their fault, Joe. WWE gives them enough information. You can buy the WWF magazine, Joe. They have WWF WWE T Radio, WWF cards too. Fuck guys, Jesus.
Speaker 2: I heard that if at this point, if you go into the Asian Food go to the Super eight market, they sell fortune cookies full of w W ree would yet, Yeah, you open them and next where you learn out new information about the people that they brought up from NXT that they didn't bother giving you television time for. Uh yeah, I assume Punk is going to retain. This just seems pretty pretty basic, right La. It's not even the main event either.
Speaker 1: So solo Royce versus Jacob Jay and Jimmy six man tag match.
Speaker 2: Only a fool, Only a fool would take La Knight's team in this match. I'm just saying, only a fool would do that because clearly the audience doesn't really know who the fuck Royce Keys is. Look another guy that just randomly showed up that they've told you almost nothing about and developed no character, but expect you to cheer. Obviously, Solo is doing a good job. Solo's doing good work, but no good deed goes on punish. And another testament to that is, of course, at late night, Jay Uso will come out still doing his wave your hands in the air like you just don't care act, and the people will react to that. I don't know, I'm just the safe bet in this match, is the USO's I believe right, USO's in Jacob. Yeah, it seems pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, it would be nice. It'd be nice if if Solo Sekoa got to pin Jimmy or something. But do I think it's gonna happen. No, probably not.
Speaker 1: You know, got uh Gunther versus all this singles match. I guess Gunther's retiring Nick all this because Nicholas is turning sixty nine in February, so they want to get him home. They want to get him home before you know, he starts slipping of mind. So yeah, guns gun. There's going to be his last match. I think it's his retirement match for nick All this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know the way that they're talking about Nick All this where it's like once again, I don't've beating a stroke to death. But it's like when they talk about NBA players and they're like this thirty two year old veteran, time to send him out to pasture this elderly man, he's almost done. He can't play the basket hoops anymore. He's almost thirty three. This is ridiculous. Uh yeah, that's That's the funny thing in this is that is almost the presentation where it's you know, he's only going to get this one big shot and uh, you know, will he ever be able to do it? And it's like he's not gonna beat Dunk. I mean, we all fucking pretty much know that to be true.
Speaker 1: But honest, honestly, can I be honest I think that this is going to be the surprise. I think, yeah, this might win it. Yeah, I don't know this. I have this feeling like that's the narrative that's being pushed, is that for some reason, all this is really old and like not not ready to step into a wrestling ring again at his age, and I'm thinking that this is going to be that moment where, you know, Nick All this proves himself, shows up a lot of people, me even shows up Gunther a little bit. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think that is that how All this gets kind of his job back, or wins his position back in the company as a wrestler. As he said, they say, we listen, we're gonna fire you as a GM because you aren't acting right. But you can't come in here and have one wrestling match and beat Gunther and then we let you walk out the door, right, you know? I don't know, man, It's tough because you could really build him as a babyface in one night through having the right match and the right way against Gunther and really really give us all and still not come out on top. Or you can do that same exact match and then Gunther fucking slips up. You catch him slip and being arrogant and fucking all this gets him and you also tell a great story, right, I mean, it really does come down to, I guess who are you putting over for heels and baby face in your other main event matches where like I said, Oba and fucking Brock, where you're in this position where it's like, who's the crowd actually gonna cheer? So even if you put Oba over in the crowd, maybe the people aren't gonna lead super happy about that, or maybe someone will who knows. But I don't think Gunter loses anything in this situation by getting pinned by all this. This isn't him tapping out to jay Uso in his lime green pleathor outfit like Nick Aldos actually looks like a grown ass man that could hurt someone. So it's not sad, do you know what I mean? And it also in a way kind of adds to Gunter's whole thing because or to his story and his character where he's lost so few matches to so few people that to him the idea of oh so all this comes out of retirement. I mean, he's a GM and he beat you, Like you're walking around here talking ship and you got beat by the fucking guy who was a GEM. But that that almost helps his character a little bit too, uh, I mean this could really Honestly, it seems crazy because I started out thinking to myself, it has to be Gune there. But now I kind of feel like I can go either way. I'm you know, I'm gonna go with the dark horse. I'm gonna go with all this. Okay, let's yeah, let's live dangerously, dude, live muss.
Speaker 1: You know you have the main events, the Bellots wins Nikki Bella and Brie Bella and Page bell the fatal influence of j C. Jane, Laney Reid, and fallon Henry six women tag?
Speaker 2: Why is this on the Summer Slam Guard? I mean, like not even being not I'm not trying to be cheeky, but like, why is this on the Summer Slam Guard?
Speaker 1: Jacy Jane?
Speaker 2: Is this what happens when we don't have Is this what we have when we don't have Rya? Because we have to put the ballas back out there again against three girls that were just in developmental like five minutes ago. Is this what we end up in the position of.
Speaker 1: I think I think he's right though, fatal Influence wins and the ballots turn on Page Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that you know what That's what I think everybody's waiting for. Is that? Is that Page versus the bell is two on one jumping, leading leading to some real great stories. You know, what you got to do is if they have any faith whatsoever in Page being able to have matches that involve more than like bulldogs and fucking bag of popcorn punches, they got to get her the fuck away from the Bellis Twins and move her on to other.
Speaker 1: People like Oh boy, I don't know when Page first signed Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I'm at I'm at the point where I give such little issue it because clearly they don't care either. Where I'm good with like Rhya coming back from injury and just being a heel that fucking beats the shit out of everybody. Yeah, sure, I'd be plenty happy with that. Would it be great for T shirt sales? Maybe? Would it help their standing? As far as like her being a role model for little girls? I don't even think it fucking matters anymore, because who cares?
Speaker 1: Just like, pretty sure there's not so many little girls watching this anymore. Pretty sure those days are really getting behind us.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, they're saying, hey, little girls, you want to come watch fucking Dan Housend and Joe Hendry And they're like, no, I think I'll just I think I'll just sit over here.
Speaker 1: Isn't that kind of the funniest thing about this is that the way that the WWE product has been booked, and even AW two a point too, but mostly WWE has become so political, so sacri in, so corporate that any type of cool factor that any of these people had is just fading away. It's bleeding away at this point. So the idea of these women getting showcase for the show for the company and stuff like that, well, once upon a time was part of the cool factor. Ria Ripley was part of the cool factor. You know, Sky part of the cool factor. Charlotte Flair, Bailey Becky, et cetera, et cetera. Like there were different levels, is a j Lee and Page even you know, I don't know about the Bells, but apparently they got people that like them too. But I mean, the cool factor is gone for the women. It just feels like it. It feels like the cool factor is gone from the entire company.
Speaker 2: I'm really I'm really stuck with the idea of looking at this and saying, oh, no, mish because there's always this woman and now, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's think about it.
Speaker 2: Who is the lays.
Speaker 1: Big fucking needle mover that they brought in Jade Cargell.
Speaker 2: Well, and this is what kills me about Roxy and Libra, which I always go back to as why do you present these two women the way that you do. Those are big sister wrestlers, do you know what I mean? Like, those are the perfect wrestler for if you had a six year old daughter that you were watching wrestling with, they'd looking to go. I like them. I like them because they remind me of the fucking my babysitter, the girl that fucking is a camp counselor the girl down the street. Like that's who they are.
Speaker 1: Roxy is a brawser, stunt up. Low dude, come on, like, let's just let's let's let's be honest on that one, Rocky.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible man. Are you saying are you saying, listen, she ain't getting stuck in the dryer. She's not big enough. She well right out that dryer. He's like, help me, step ro I'm stuck in the dryer. He's like, wown't you just back back out of it. You're fine, You're really small. You could just.
Speaker 1: Or maybe she could stuck in the dryer, Joe. Maybe it's actually Roxy fully in the dryer, that she.
Speaker 2: Crawled all the wayway. Yes, she's stuck in the pipe in the back of the dryer. Mhm. Is that the is that the the David Lynch ending, Like if David Lynch wrote for Brasers, that's what you do would be like. And then she was stuck inside the pipe in the dryer.
Speaker 1: You know, you just hear and then the screen goes to black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dune stop and then that's it. That's the end of the well. No, they there, they had Bianca. Now Bonca's gone, huh Rhea's out now with an injury, barely got years. Was like the cut, see like hug the hug the girls be the the now with me was.
Speaker 1: Their other great white hope. And Tiffany's kind of falling off the wagon too, but their next great white hope. And she's going to kill somebody if she doesn't kill herself.
Speaker 2: I mean. But so Ruka and Tiffany you can both tell. And I'm not saying that they're me and women. I don't know them, but the vibe is not the same. It's not a j Lee, it's not the uh, it's not Bianca like they they don't give off the feel of like this is it. Yeah, nothing more relatable than Maxine, elastic face, twenty eight year old girl.
Speaker 1: She's a lot of these TikTok girls though, Oh hooray.
Speaker 2: That'll really that's something different right now. Yeah. Well, but that's what I'm saying is like that that whole genre of women's wrestler has completely fallen off a cliff and it's because of bad writing, bad booking, and them choosing to fight the fucking currents on people that you look at and they go, they look like this, this is their personality. Let's play into that. And they say, how about we uh flip it and reverse it and go to opposite land. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get ready to wrap it up and get out here. We'll cover night to tomorrow. We got a bunch of other news to talk about it as well. Be a Frank and Guss will put that up on the main feet as well to do that. But yeah, because we've got tomorrow and then we've got Saturday and Sunday, So that's gonna be another six hours with John Draper, everybody from Spitball Media. They'll be joining for at least one of the Smack or Smack Down, Summer Slam nights, maybe even smack Down.
Speaker 2: It's basically SmackDown. Come on, SmackDown too. Yeah, let you wait a second, are we? Is he coming for SmackDown Night three.
Speaker 1: SmackDown, SmackDown Raw Aftermath like yeah, sure, all.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, SmackDown three the same thing as Spider Man three.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get the fuck out of your much love. Everybody support the show. Patroon dot com, ord slash Wrestling, soup see it.
Speaker 2: It's a beast