Speaker 1: And now your host former Rongo Casino Dodgers on Tech tam Case.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on this Friday night.
Speaker 2: You're Los Angeles Dodgers seventy six and fifty two on the season, best record in baseball, first place and all alone atop the NL West after a sweep of Seattle to start this homestand the Dodgers now welcome in the Tampa Bay Rays to the ravine. Bobby Miller on the mount in this series opener, First Bitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: Between now and then, we got a lot to get to here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: We'll hear from Max Munsey, who has had quite a return since coming off the injured list. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports in La. In in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and check in with Stephen Nell and Rick Monday Well, Wednesday night at the Ravine, Flerity was fantastic. While the Dodgers bats had won really big inning. Jack Flerdy got to start. The right hander win five and two third innings, two runs, five hits.
Speaker 3: He struck out five along the way.
Speaker 2: Flarity gave up a run in the second as the Mariners jumped out to the early one to nothing lead. The Dodgers offense, though, answered right back.
Speaker 3: In the third.
Speaker 2: Kevin Kiermeier reached base on an air with two outs, opening the door for the Dodgers. Shoey Otani drew a two out walk that brought up Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: Ooky waits at the plate and out of the stretches Gilbert, he fires and Mookie light's a time on left faild side. That's gonna roll to the corner. Here comes Kiirmeyer in the score. Otani's gonna get waved around third. Here's the throw, it'll.
Speaker 5: Be cut off o.
Speaker 4: Tony scores and Mookie Betts gems the Dodgers up.
Speaker 3: Two to one.
Speaker 4: League Oh, he hammered it down the left field line. Otani's scoring all the way from first, and Mookie Betts turns this.
Speaker 2: Game two out, two run double for Mookie Dodgers a two to one lead. In the fourth, they added more to that Will Smith a sack fly, scoring in Taoscar Hernandez and the Dodgers were up three to one. Then in the fifth the Dodgers again with some two out matchic and this time they really made the Mariners pay. Freddie Freeman and RBI double is thirty first of this season. Dodgers of four to one. Then Taoscar Hernandez and RBI single bring in Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: Dodgers' lead was five to one.
Speaker 2: After Gavin Lux walked and Will Smith single, the bases were loaded two outs for Max Munsey.
Speaker 4: He swung on a pelta down the right field line. That's headed for the corner ti Oscar Scores. Here comes Lux behind them. They're gonna wave home Will Smith. Here's the relaying. It's late, Will Scores standing up and Max Monsey reached the new Mariners reliever with a bass clearing double with two outs. It is now eight to one Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Two out, bases clearing double for Monsey.
Speaker 2: That's the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers with five runs in the fifth inning, they go up eight to one. Jack Flarity had an edge to him. On Wednesday Night, got a little chippy with Randio Roserena. Flarity went five and two third innings, two runs, five hits, the five strikeouts. Anthony Bonda relieved him, got the final out of the six, put up a zero in the seventh. Blake Trining came in and got the eighth. He gave up a run. Alex Vesia got tagged for a run of the ninth. Didn't matter though, Dodgers go on and beat the Mariners eight to four. Jack Flerity is tenth one of the season. He's now three to zero as a Dodger. With the win, the Dodgers now seventy six and fifty two, first place atop the NL West, best record in baseball, and they go now into play with a four game lead over the Diamondbacks. To night, as the Homestead continues a three game series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Bobby Miller on the mound, first pitch, coming up at seven to ten, and with more, let's head out to the Gallpen Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday guys, Hey you Tim.
Speaker 6: Happy Friday to you and everybody heading the Dodgers Stadium for tonight's series opener against the Tampa Bay Rays, a rematch of the twenty twenty World Series, of course, won by the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: How would the off day treat them? O?
Speaker 7: Nice to see you, glad you could show up. Nice socks, by the way on top of it.
Speaker 5: But the viewers don't hear or see. Doesn't hurt them.
Speaker 7: Well, sometimes it pays to be on radio. And I say that only because on the last road trip I had to sub in for Oral herscheizer. You did, and you were doing the play by play on television and you had a nice jacket on, and I packed for radio. So I just wanted to mention that the socks issue. Now, since we're on radio and people can't see.
Speaker 6: It, it always comes back to the wardrobe. And for this game tonight, it comes down to Bobby Miller for the Dodgers model. This is a pivotal start, not just for the team, of course, the four game lead in the division, as they've played good baseball of late. Trying to kind of keep go stride for stride for punch with the Diamondbacks and the Padres.
Speaker 5: But for Bobby.
Speaker 6: Miller as an individual, okay, he's not long on time here in terms of the rest of the regular season. So this was someone at the beginning of the year was for sure going to get the ball for the Dodgers in a short postseason series. Now you don't know if he's going to be on the roster, to put it frankly, so for him, he's got to put his best foot forward after his last start in.
Speaker 7: Saint Louis, and Dave Roberts talked about it earlier this afternoon. He says, this is a very important start for Bobby Miller.
Speaker 5: He starts to look at it.
Speaker 7: Miller has been a lack of command of the strike zone. He's falling behind accounts, and Roberts is also saying, look, it's important to throw first pit strikes and you have to be able to challenge some hitters. So if you're looking at Bobby Miller, yes, a big, big outing because postseason gets closer and closer and closer, and I think if we're looking at it honestly, Walker Buehler is falling into that same category. His next outing, throwing strikes, command of the strike zone, because again the clock is ticking for postseason.
Speaker 6: Bobby Miller will be opposed by the left handed tyler Alexander of the Tampa Bay Rays, and the Dodgers have typically all.
Speaker 5: You've been excellent against left handed starters.
Speaker 6: What's notable for me Mo wh looking at this matchup, is that Gavin Lux is getting a start against LEFTI he has just forty one played appearances against left handed pitchers all year long, not just starters, left handed pitchers. So with the way he's been swinging the bat, the Dodgers giving them a chance to settle in against south balls and give him a chance to earn it every day, not just the platoon role.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Lux has been hot. I mean, there's no way of fans the butts about it. You look those last thirty games hitting at three to sixty seven. Roberts Is also asked about Lux being in there against the left and he goes, look, if we're looking at Alexander, who's going to pitch for the race, He said he's somewhat neutral. What that means is the average left hands versus right handers against him, there's not that much of a disparity in the numbers. So Lux is in there. Mounsey not starting tonight, not just because of a left hander. He had a little bit of soreness after playing the first three games. Nothing's going to keep him out of the lineup that needed tonight. I'm back in either pinch hitting or that end of it. He'll be returning to the starting lineup tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: First pitch from Bobby Miller on the way in just a matter of time, Tim Kates, we'll talk to you as soon.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you guys, as we cut you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans get that game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojo right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David bass Say, we'll hear from Max Bunsey. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy match up your magical moment. But up next, you're o Tawny Rewine and a visit with Kirsten Watson. Lean you up to Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays on this Friday night, First pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates, thanks for being with us. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morongo Casino, Dodgers on to.
Speaker 4: Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Tama Rays on this Friday night started a three game weekend series. Bobby Miller going for the Dodgers, Tyler Alexander. He'll be the opener for the Ray's first pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide and the pitch coming to show.
Speaker 8: Hey, here it is.
Speaker 4: He swings and he belts it into the right centerfield alley for a base set show Hey, rounding first, he'll stop there. Otani with a single one for two tonight and the Dodgers with a base runner with one out there, he goes for second base. The pitch is in there for a strike, no throw by Raleigh. Stolen base number thirty nine for show, Hey o'tani? Well, he is one stolen base and one home run away from being the fastest man ever to get to forty forty show hey.
Speaker 2: Otani won for four on base twice, including a walk he picked up stolen base number thirty nine on this sea and to put him so close to becoming a forty forty player currently thirty nine home runs and thirty nine stolen bases. Oh Tony rewind brought to you by eto ins Oi Oh Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available at your local DISO stores, Amazon and etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it, O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Losson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirsten now joins this before the series opener against the Tampa Bay Rays yesterday, O Kirston a big move for the Dodgers activating Chris Taylor. That means there needed to be a seat opened up at the dinner table and Jason Hayward gets dfaid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's it was a heartbreaking one because when you think about what Jason has meant to this team, whether it's been just a friend, a leader, someone who's showed up and performed. We've seen kind of like the I feel like resurrection might be too strong of a word, but just how when he got to this organization last year, how he shined and then coming back share with a lot of excitement, so he's meant a lot to a lot of people. We also know that him and Freddie Freeman are best of friends, So it was definitely a tough one just knowing what he's meant to this team, what he's meant as a leader to this group, the guy in the clubhouse, things like that. Even I mean the three run home run the other day, Like you saw the excitement from the guys, and so you could truly see just what he meant to this group. So it was definitely heartbreaking, But I mean, it's the sport, it's the reality of it. We knew it was going to be a roster crunch. We knew that there was going to have to be a big decision to bring Chris Taylor back. And he's healthy now and he's ready to go, so you know, it's what had to be done. But it is good news that Chris Taylor is back, So as much as you kind of have to balance it both in both hands, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for Chris Taylor, it's an opportunity to come back and show that he's still got something left because he went onto the injured list having a really disappointing first half of the season.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean there's a lot of swing and miss in the first half of the season, and he even had moments where we started seeing some more power towards the Before he went on the il, he was he was honest, you know, he was very transparent that there were a lot of frustrations for him. He's working through a lot with his swing. He couldn't get the right feel. He finally started to feel a little bit something, then he had the groin injury. So he was able to use this last month. He's four weeks down to really reset, and so he feels that he did some tinkering to his swing, a few mechanical changes, and he feels like now returning back to the big leagues, he's healthy, he's ready to go, and he does feel like his swing is in a really good spot to bring some consistency at the plate. So, you know, obviously now is going to be telling facing big league pictures, but the hope is that he can get going because this is the most important time of the season. It's a division race there, you know, it's a Pennant race, and they're looking to win the World Series. So now is a time that he needs to get going for this group.
Speaker 2: Speaking of getting going, Bobby Miller needs to get it going for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: He does, and he also needs to get going for himself personally, just you know, to continue to build that confidence on the mound. This year has obviously been a tough one for him, you know, uh, dealing with a little bit of an injury and being optioned. So now that he's back, he did speak to he was talking to some of the guys the other day and just saying that, you know, he does feel like the work he was doing in his bullpens this week, he does believe like that's going to put him in a really good spot coming into this start. So, you know, hopefully this can be a step in the right direction because ultimately we've been saying, you know, we're getting closer to October and want to win games you know, really are going to matter, and we're going to need someone like Bobby to be an option. So this is an important one for him, whether it's just being a young picture, getting his confidence back, showing that his stuff is playing, and being confident with that stuff. So yeah, we'll see how he goes against this this race. Team has been not playing so well as of late, but you never know. Like Moloki likes to say, they all drive Mercedes too, so they're still big leaguers.
Speaker 2: I wish I drove one, Christen, appreciate it. We'll check back with you after the game. Dodger fans and answered listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. Still come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Of course, we'll check in with Max Munsey though when we come back, and we'll get you an injury report. All leading up to Dodgers and Rays on this Friday night. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night as well, lead you up to first pitch Dodgers in Tampa Bay Rays. Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam of four good times. Bobby Miller, Tyler Alexander the pitching matchup in the series opener, first pitch at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman dealing with the hairline fracture in his right middle finger, but he continues to play through it and play well. Austin Barnes on the iel with the fractured toe. Tyler Glass now on the iel at the right elbow. Ten to night is Bruce Dark Graderol on the iel at the right hamstring strain. Dodgers keeping an eye on what is happening with Yoshinobu Yamamoto as well as he continues to throw sim games and progress towards a mid September return. River Ryan, Dustin May, Kyle hurt Imache, and Tony Gonsolin of course, all out for the season with elbow injuries. All right, Max Munsey, what a return he has had coming back from the IL after a long stint with an oblique injury. Homer and in back to back games Basis clearing double on Wednesday night and afterwards talk to the media.
Speaker 3: Max is coming out the IL.
Speaker 10: I know you talked a little bit about kind of just making sure you wanted your timing to where it was. To see the success you've had in this series. Just what does that say for you personally and just how I guess is it a sense of relief or just how proud are you of yourself with kindess where you are with this return small relief?
Speaker 11: You know, that's sort of like to get pitching staff.
Speaker 12: Over there and you know, are goula be the best in baseball and you know, to be able to just get a couple of good swings off felt.
Speaker 8: Really really good.
Speaker 12: Felt good to be back out there, and uh, most importantly it was a good, good series win for the team, serious sweep. It was uh, you know, felt the whole team up and down the lineup was putting together really good at bats and it was it was fun to be back out there.
Speaker 13: We talked about like so it was almost going back like through spring training and how much time you weren't swinging this summer, Like how much uncertainty was there just coming back of like how you were going to feel at the plate, and has it been almost unexpected, like how well this week's gone kind of getting back into things.
Speaker 12: I definitely say it's unexpected considering, uh, my timing wasn't exactly there with low nineties V load during my rehab assignment and all of a sudden facing several guys still on a hundred.
Speaker 11: It's a you know, definitely unexpected from me.
Speaker 12: But like I said, it felt good just trying to keep things simple and I guess some good results out there.
Speaker 11: So much to be a gay as helped the fact you're able to sort of put together the office. Of course you did it against.
Speaker 8: A guy like Gilbert and gains the last.
Speaker 3: Marriage Pitchers, what's the first thing about what this happens?
Speaker 5: Skate?
Speaker 11: Oh, when when when we're at our best, we're wearing them down.
Speaker 12: You know, he was at one hundred pitches in the fifth in a and it's, uh, you know, he was doing pretty well, and we just always.
Speaker 11: Kept wearing them down.
Speaker 12: And then you know, for a guy to go out there until that many pitches, you know, every every single night, all three guys that we faced, it's it just wears them down and it gets the bullpend of the game and it allows us to be facing. You know, guys that we feel a lot better at instance, so you know, it was just it was it was fun to watch up and done the lineup.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Max Munsey down in the Dodgers Clubhouse. Brought to you by Service Titan. The Dodgers have a plan before they hit the field. You need one too for your growing contracting business. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vassays. We are leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Rays. I'm Tim Katson. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: On your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Tampa Bay Raised, Bobby Miller, Tyler Alexander the pitching match up, first pitch of this three game series coming up at seven to ten. The umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 14: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: The decision for Jason Hayward to be DFAD, What exactly does this mean?
Speaker 14: Well, Number one, the Dodgers just had a roster crunch. We've been talking about this for the last two weeks. The Dodgers. We're going to have some roster decisions to make that are not going to be comfortable conversations. And unfortunately for Jason Hayward this season, he just hasn't had the same top of year that he had a year ago. And also with Mookie Betts moving the right field because of the play off, Gavin Lucks and obviously shortstop not.
Speaker 8: Being his position, it's been fun.
Speaker 14: Aren't few between as far as opportunities for Jason Hayward, and frankly, when he has had the opportunities, he hasn't delivered. And I know everybody's very emotional over the recency bias of his pinch hit three run home run, but after that, there really isn't much to really look at as far as results go recently. So it's unfortunate the Dodgers are in a way different position they were in than what they were in just a few weeks ago, and as far as the clubhouse goes tim obviously guys are emotional about it. They all loved Jason Hayward, especially Freddie Freeman, who did not come out for batting practice or his usual pregame work with Dino Ebel. But if you go back to twenty fifteen, the Dodgers traded backup catcher aj Ellis, who was best friends and personal catcher for Clayton Kershaw. There is some sort of track record to help the team on the march, and the Dodgers feel that when you look and stack up the production Chris Taylor, Kevin Kiermeyer and Andy pas Or Dalton rushing in September are better than what they were getting with Jason Hayward.
Speaker 2: David has driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this mark can only be called F one fifty Ryan Pepioi de Luca back at Dodger Stadium DV.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Johnny DeLuca actually tried to come talk to Clayton Kershaw earlier today and Kershaw waved him off and said, get out of here, dude, I'm facing you tomorrow. We're not friends until after tomorrow. And De Luca scampered off to the other side of the field. So that just gives you a little insight on the competitive spirit that Kershaw still has where everybody else is still fraternizing, and Kershaw just couldn't believe De Luca would even offer to come over. It's not like Kershaw doesn't like him, but like you said, we're facing each other tomorrow. We gotta draw the line until after that.
Speaker 2: Well, do Dave appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a couple of minutes. Dv's gonna go one on one with the skipper, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in fifteen minutes, coming up here on Marongo because you know, Dodgers on deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup as well. Steven and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next, you're Dodgers' magical moment, Dodgers and Rays meeting in the World Series just four years ago. We'll go back in time and relive one of the big moments. So leave you up to first pitch Dodgers and Tampa. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Tampa Bay Rays on this Friday night. Bobby Miller gets the ball for the blue first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: I d not a night.
Speaker 8: Who wins?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: October twentieth, twenty twenty, Game one of the World Series Dodgers in Tampa Bay Rays. Current Dodger then race pitcher Tyler Glass now on the mound facing the Dodgers. Cody Bellinger with a big blast in the bubble.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers with their first runner in scoring position and Bellinger with a fly ball to right field well hit on its way gone a home run.
Speaker 16: Cody Bellinger picking up where he left off. Bellinger the big home run in the seventh inning on Sunday night. HiT's a two run shot on this Tuesday night and the Dodgers take a two to nothing lead.
Speaker 2: To run home run for belly the first runs of the game. Dodgers would go on to score four runs in the fifth, two more in the same Clayton Kershaw came out of the game after six innings, not after allowing just two hits, one of them was solo home running. He struck out eight along the way. Dodgers beat the Rays in Game one of the twenty twenty World Series eight three, the final. Of course, the Dodgers would go on and win the World Series. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffey hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: We're leaning you up to first pitch on this Friday night Dodgers and Rays. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Tampa Bay Rays on this Friday Night. Bobby Miller, Tyler Alexander the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at I mean ten Dodger fans. Start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rents. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 14: Rick, the Dodgers come into play tonight with the best record in baseball. There is no perfect team, but the Dodgers, with all the holes everybody pokes in them, still have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 7: You know, it's amazing because what was it seven days ago? A lot of people say, hey, this guy is falling. Well, you know, the season is not over. Let's be upfront and about that. It's a nice position to be in tonight. The question is what's the position when the dust settles on the twenty ninth of September, when the Dodgers walk off the field in Denver, the final game of the regular season against the Rockies, that's the number that's going to really mean something. Else, and if we start to look at some things, let's be realistic. Yes, they're in first place, but if the Dodgers don't win some games in that trip over to Arizona, the next trip and then there for four games, here's the scenario that Dwayn McDonald, who's right on top of it, brought up. The Dodgers would not be in the best position as far as if you have to go to a wildcard area because they would not have the home field advantage against either San Diego or Arizona because of the season. You know, if Arizona wins a lot of those games, those four games over in Phoenix, the Dodgers will need to win it outright, unless they want to play on their own.
Speaker 14: That is such a negative way to think by Dwayne McDonald. Well, the Dodgers are going to win this division rate by at least five games.
Speaker 7: I like your attitude, and I'm not certain that number is large enough. I think that's going to be a little bit larger. However, there's a lot of baseball that has to be be played. Okay, they swept a series against the Mariners, Okay, well, and good now Tampa comes in. They're not really lighting up by storm. They're ten and a half out of the American League East Division. However, every team that comes in here understands they're matched up against the Dodgers. And as you opened up this segment, they have the best record in Major League Baseball? What do the Rays want to do? Just like the Baltimore Orioles are going to say when they come in, they want to beat the Dodgers because right now they're one of the elite teams in baseball, and it's one of the elite franchises in the history of the game.
Speaker 14: We all get caught up in the offense, Rick, and we all have been asked whether or not the Dodgers, now with a healthy lineup, are going to take off. But doesn't it come back down to that night's starting pitcher if the Dodgers are able to continue winning.
Speaker 7: I just had this conversation with some of the Rays of broadcasters and they said, if there's a vulnerability right now, in this instance, a weakness on the team right now, what would it be? And I said pitching and probably starting bitching the reason because there's a lot of guys that were injured coming back. Walker Buehler still has to prove that he's one hundred percent being able to come back. Dave Roberts says, you know, and listening to Dave a little bit earlier, was asked about Bobby Miller's start tonight, how big of a start is it for Bobby Miller, and Dave Roberts did not mince words. He says, look, first of all, it's important to throw first bit strikes. Then he goes and it's a very important outing for Bobby Miller because he the team needs to win games, and b the postseason is getting closer and closer, and somebody's going to have to stand up and say, look, I've got the starting position in that rotation at postseason.
Speaker 14: It would be nice if Tyler glass Now and Yoshi Yama Mota were healthy at the same time as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, So you know, for glass Now, he's going to be maybe throwing tomorrow, playing catch if you will. He's been shut down for five days. Yamamota is going to come back and have a bullpen session. He's maybe getting closer and closer to going out. It's still a big question mark as far as glass Now, where is he and to the extent of his injury, how much. Is it going to really delay his return?
Speaker 14: It's amazing the picture that glass Now was traded for. Ryan Peppio has made nineteen starts this year for the Rays and has pitched really well. Glass Now is only three starts ahead of him.
Speaker 7: So I was wondering how I was going to take you to get to Pepio because I saw you talking to him down on the field, and I if I saw it right, if I correctly saw it.
Speaker 8: You also did an interview with him.
Speaker 14: Yes, we will have Ryan Peppio on the pregame show tomorrow coming up later today, an exclusive one on one with the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Oh how about that?
Speaker 14: Oh, time you will appreciate what his life is like.
Speaker 11: Okay, fine, I'm fired up today, Rick, are you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: At least you're not fired Okay.
Speaker 8: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 14: We'll send it back to you at the studio for now.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, DV, thank you, MOW.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at speedy Cash dot com. We're stopping in LA area Speedy Cash store. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Tim and Rick will get you those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers and Rays first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Tampa Bay Rays on this Friday night start of a three game series as the homestand continues for the Dodgers after a sweep of the Seattle Mariners. Bobby Miller, Tyler Alexander the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, one place to go Children's Hospital LA rank number one in California for all pediatric care. Find the right doctor at ORG.
Speaker 1: Now what will likely be vass A fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tucked.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers back in action taking on the Tampa Bay Rays. It will be a reunion for Dave Roberts and Eric Neander and maybe Brad Paisley will even show up. And Dodger manager not only just another Dodger manager, a World Series winning Dodger manager, a man that has the highest winning percentage of any active manager, and he's in his ninth season on his way to a big postseason run.
Speaker 3: And that is the great Dave Roberts.
Speaker 14: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 8: Oh, thanks, David, it's good to catch up with you.
Speaker 17: And man, we've had a fun series thus far with the Mariners, and I am looking forward to this race series and a little rematch of twenty twenty and we'll see if there's another Tyler Glass Noow deal to be had.
Speaker 14: Hey, Brad Paisley already called me and he said, can we recreate what happened in Nashville after one of these games? So be ready for a late night one of these nights.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 17: So it's funny, is that just the other night he texted me after that big Jason Hayward, you know Homer. Yeah, And it was about two o'clock his time in Nashville, and I say, hey, man, you're supposed to be asleep right now, and he said the bar doesn't close till four in Nashville, so that was a scene of the crime right there. So he's obviously watching a lot of our games and excited for the series.
Speaker 14: You're so welcoming and you let anybody at any moment come into your office. But have you noticed some of these celebrities that are more locked in on the Dodgers and not just being here for a night out. Are you surprised by some of these high profile people that are actually locked in.
Speaker 17: No, I am, and it's exciting, and I think that you know, I played for the Dodgers in early two thousands, and I think that now obviously with social media and how well we've been playing, and obviously with show Hey Mookie, we have so much star power Freddie and obviously with Clayton, and you know, there's just you know, the Dodger organization, the brand, I think is at an all time high.
Speaker 8: And it's a global brand.
Speaker 17: And so now you've talked about the entire globe and you're talking about a list celebrities that are big Dodger fans and rocking the La logo everywhere.
Speaker 8: So it's a lot of fun for all of us.
Speaker 14: How does Dave Roberts manage not only his twenty six players, but also managing all those demands, Because I'm not sure people realize that being you, you don't have just seventy ten on your mind. You have a lot of people coming through your office.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 17: I do, and it's something I signed up for. It's a responsibility I think that you know, as a manager, there's two sides.
Speaker 8: I think for people to understand.
Speaker 17: There's the baseball operation side, which is the prospects, which is the minor leagues, which is the major League certainly the baseball operation side, and there's also the business side, where then you've got sponsorships, ownership, media, fans and all that kind of matters, and they all have their own importance for the organization. And so that's front of mine for me, and I played for the Dodgers. I'm a Southern California guy, so I value the organization.
Speaker 8: I value the fans.
Speaker 17: So but I will say, though, Dave, at seven to ten, after the national anthem is done and gone, I always joke with my coach that the best part of the day now is about to be upon us, and that's playing baseball.
Speaker 14: All right, before I let you go, I harken back to spring training. You invited Tim Grover to speak to your team. I'm not sure if you remember the analogy he used as far as not allowing yourself to dim the switch. Not flip the switch, but dim the switch. Do you feel with the Diamondbacks and Padres breathing down your neck, it's allowed your players not to be able to dim the switch?
Speaker 8: I think so. I think that you can.
Speaker 17: You know, I hear players talking in the in the clubhouse and the dugout, you know, and you know, news conferences or whatever, and interviews and talking about what their psyche is, and I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 8: We're not running from the competition.
Speaker 17: Being in a pennant race certainly something new to us over the last you know, nine years for me twenty twenty one obviously with the Giants to the end. But I think it's a good thing. You know, competition brings out the best in everyone, and so we got to go out there and continue to play well. We got the Diamondbacks coming up for a big four game series at their play, so that's gonna matter. We got the Padres later on the year, that's gonna matter, and you know, credits those guys. They're both playing great baseball. And there's a lot of parody in baseball right now, which is as a fan that's a great thing. But we got to take care of business, and I like those guys we have.
Speaker 14: Hey, Dave Roberts sets the tone every day in that clubhouse, and teams take on the personality of their manager. And this team certainly has done something special to this point, and Dave Roberts is the leader.
Speaker 8: Hey, big victory.
Speaker 14: In this interview, I did not ask you about Showani, and I did not ask you who the Dodger closer is, because unlike others, I listen when you say you have a lot of different guys out there, So big victory today.
Speaker 17: Thank you, Dave. I appreciate that, and truth be told, I get the show. Hey questions. He's a generational type talent, and I think you know me, I maybe am a little slow moving at times, but I don't like to put the genie in the bottle too much. So you know, when a guy performs for a couple of outings, I don't want to kind of anoint somebody a king. So I like more of a sample size.
Speaker 14: No doubt. Anyway, you got to listen when the manager speaks, thanks a lot for the time, and really appreciate you doing this, and we'll see you down the stretch and we will see a lot of each other in October.
Speaker 8: Count on it. I look forward to Dave. Thanks for all your work.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, thank you.
Speaker 8: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. We'll continue here Dodgers on Deck, and when we do, we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers raise first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season Low.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Rays on this Friday night.
Speaker 2: Dodgers first place atot the NL West, starting a three game series against Tampa Bay. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup for.
Speaker 2: A hit about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality on All New twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Tyler Alexander on the mound for Tampa Bay five and three, five seventeen ERA, thirty year old left hander, so he'll see the Dodgers to left handers atop the lineup in Freddie Freeman at Shohyo Tani, former second round pick of the Tigers in twenty fifteen out of Texas, A and M bastball slider changeup guy. He's a relief pitcher that's followed an opener in each of his last seven starts, where he's three to zero with a two to twenty five ERA over the last five. Last time out, same thing came behind an opener and he went five and two third innings, three runs, five hits, five strikeouts against the Diamonbacks Tonight. He's getting the start his seven start of this season, his seventeenth appearance as the Dodgers will face this left handed to night for the second time.
Speaker 3: In his career.
Speaker 2: Previously, he had a start in twenty twenty two, in which he gave up four runs in two and a third innings and allowed two home runs. Chris Taylor, by the way, had one of those home runs for the Dodgers. Bobby Miller on the mound for the Blue one in three with an eight to two ERA. The twenty five year old right hander has had a rocky season up and down from TRIPLEA to the major leagues. Former first round pick making his ninth start here in the big leagues. He's made one start since coming back to the Dodgers. That was last Saturday in Saint Louis. He went four and two third innings, gave up four runs on eight hits, a couple of home runs, struck out just one, and walked only one, so there's a positive he had some control issues before that. He had three walks in his previous four outings of the big league level. Bobby Miller looking to give the Dodgers some length to night. He has never faced the Tampa Bay Rays in his career, so it's Bobby Miller Tyler Alexander Dodgers raised the start of a three game series from Dodgers Stadium. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch, Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Katson. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Raise on this Friday night. Bobby Miller looking to go deep into this outing tonight for the Dodgers. Help out this bullpen Tyler, Alexander an Opener, Bulkeannings guy, He'll get the start, the left hander will face the course show he o Tani. Freddie Freeman is one of the top three hitters in the Dodgers lineup. That's why he is out there for Tampa. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers fans and Hatcher listening in the experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you. TC back here with Rick Monday. The Dodgers have won four in a row.
Speaker 6: They've won ten of the last thirteen, they had the third best record in baseball since the All Star break. But the issue is that the two teams ahead of them in that regard to the teams in their division. Granted, the lead in the division is still four games, and the Dodgers do own the best record in all of baseball, and they're in this stretch mall where on paper they should.
Speaker 5: Take care of business, and to this point they have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, paper's wonderful thing to have, is a nice position to be in, but you can't throw paper airplanes into postseason playing. And that's the Dodgers understand that. Again, Dave Roberts is kind of alluding to that as well. Earlier today they one in twenty two at home. Excellent percentages on that end of it. The Dodgers are not to the finish line yet. And you cannot overlook this series or the Baltimore series that will follow and say, well, let's look at Arizona the next road trip they'll be over in Phoenix for four games against that ball club.
Speaker 5: Don't look forward looked.
Speaker 7: At tonight is that team on the other side. They want to beat the team that currently has the best record in all of.
Speaker 6: Baseball, and that's the desperate race team. They're trying to hang on for postseason life. They did trade away a lot of pieces at the trade deadline, but they're still mathematically theoretically in the postseason.
Speaker 5: Hunt.
Speaker 6: I could ask you about a number of different things before we say goodbye and send it back to Tim, but I just want to tee you up on an anniversary. This date in Dodger history, thirty five years ago, there was a game between the Dodgers and the Montreal expos in a certain mascot drew the ire of one Tommy Losorda and Yupie was ejected.
Speaker 5: Do you have any thoughts on this moment?
Speaker 7: Because that dugout was metal, including the top of it. The 'pie I don't know what the figure is supposed to be would constantly run on the visiting dugout on the top of it and make sure that he was stomping his feet on top of the dugout, and it was like reverberating inside. Tommy had enough and Yoopie was kicked out of the game. Yes, but he snuck back in and came back into the first row right behind the dug guy. A little bit later, so Tommy hadn't kicked out the second time.
Speaker 6: So I think maybe many people remember the highlight they can see Tommy and Upie barking. I don't know if you also remember the game. It lasted twenty two innings that night, and the Dodgers won one to nothing, nothing twenty two inning game, Like that's one run, that's all you need, and that's all it takes. Hopefully the Dodgers score one more run than the Tampa Bay race to night as they could go off this three game series.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks very much, first pitch coming up next.
Speaker 2: Dodgers start the night first place to top the NL West, best record in baseball, and they go into play with a four game lead in the division. David Vassade's got you cover with all the postgame of highlights reaction.
Speaker 3: Of course, Dodger talking as well. Enjoy it. Dodgers raises next.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kasey's been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network