Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to Laura Kane after Dark. I'm Laura. Hey Jason, this is our friend, Jason Doring. Jason is a longtime friend, longtime listener, not a longtime radio person. He does. Get that to your mouth and put your headphones on. I'm very bossy. As you will know. She is Eric Grimmer, as you all know. If you can see him, if you can scoot more closer to me, here you go, Oh no, see and producer Brian Hi, producer, Brian. What's up?
Speaker 2: Hello? What's up?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So we have Jason in just because he's fun and I saw him when I was covering Comic Con.
Speaker 2: So popular.
Speaker 3: I got to go to the preview night.
Speaker 1: Did you're to the pre because this is a comic Con, like connoisseur over here, Jason.
Speaker 4: I did not go to preview night, but I got there early Thursday. Yeah, I ran into somebody.
Speaker 2: Wait, how long is Comic Con? I don't even remember.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a preview night Wednesday night. It goes from like six to like nine, and then it's Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, I because I had a press pass, I know it was so incredibly exciting. I got to go in on Wednesday. They wanted me to get the lay of the land, just to see what's going on, so I could talk about it on Thursday in the morning before and not have to go in, okay, because I had to do really early morning hits they call him anyway. So I went into Wednesday night. I thought that there was going to be just a decent amount of people. I'm not super crowded. It's it's preview night. You have to pay extra for that, right, Like, it's not.
Speaker 5: Cheap, like sixty dollars more.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought it was worse for Laura.
Speaker 2: Laura paid just about that for one of those bbies or whatever it was. Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So I did go to your preview night on Wednesday night and it was packed.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I could not move. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: That would have been my worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: You've been to comic con? Oh, So you know, it's cool and fun and everything, and you can look up and see all sorts of neat things, but like if you look forward, all you see your heads, yeah, and shoulders, and you're so tightly mushed together and I'm starting to get a little bit of an anxiety complex. I think you know why, Why.
Speaker 2: Because you're getting older.
Speaker 1: Probably I can't handle this many people in one place. But anyway, I bought a couple of things. I bought something for you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, because.
Speaker 1: Not only a comic con do they have comics. Which that's how it started, right I sn obviously, like thirty years ago, original.
Speaker 4: Was in like a hotel and you should just sell comics. It was not the pop culture stuff it's all. It was all comic comic stuff.
Speaker 1: So it was like true well I don't want to say geeks, but like true comic nerds. I could say that who really enjoyed the artistry of it and they met that like the artist, the.
Speaker 3: People who created it, and that was what it was all about.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well now it's all pop culture.
Speaker 1: It's a whole new ball game, including shopping.
Speaker 3: Oh so I bought three things.
Speaker 1: I bought. I have to show you this cool sweat This is the coolest sweatshirt I've ever seen, and it was sixty bucks. I don't want your thing to fallout, are you?
Speaker 2: Do you print money in your garage?
Speaker 1: No? But I have a story to tell about that, but I can't tell.
Speaker 2: It today she tried to print money. Oh boy, oh my god.
Speaker 3: No, it's I don't even know what what company this is. It's like some like oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: Wait just wait. Okay. So it has this on the front, right, that's underneat down on the show. On the side, it has or on the sleeves, it has this. Then on the back it has this. This is all embroidery. So beautiful.
Speaker 6: Do you know what franchise that's from?
Speaker 1: So Beautiful? No? And then the Hood has a dangerous game maybe this you'll get it from the Hood? Do you do you see like this these little guys with a slip?
Speaker 2: I have no clue is that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like a no. Is that that?
Speaker 3: It's a logo, but I can't read it. Game, No beefy something like that. Lefty.
Speaker 2: It's a sign.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh you're thing, here's your thing. But okay, So they are some sort of anime and I thought this was just really cool. It's very thick.
Speaker 6: Why because some of them are real weird.
Speaker 1: Some of them are dirty, real weird. My son's an anime, but I don't think he's into the nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real weird.
Speaker 1: My son onto the porny anime.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if they feature though it is a comic con can I don't know. I don't think they don't do that might be this one didn't have a company attached to it as far as like production company or whatever. They there's a there are people have it like like Jason said, it's pulp pop culture and stuff. I don't know what this has to do with pop culture, but I thought it was so cute. It's a dress and it has a snake that wraps all the way around it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Just some weird things I bought at Colocaust.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people just sell things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's that. And then Eric, I saw this. I didn't see the back of it, but I saw the front of it. And it's for your key chain.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect? Is it a that's true?
Speaker 1: But oh my god, but it's I am your worse than Imerit says it really is, and that he didn't realize that the back was was from Camp Crystal, which is Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Yes, which I love, Jason orhes.
Speaker 3: Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 1: You're welcome you. I brought one for me. That's the keys to the Ship show, which is true.
Speaker 2: What that's awesome?
Speaker 3: What did you almost buy something like that?
Speaker 2: I almost got you a hat that said that like, welcome to the show show shit show supervisor.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I would have that would have been I would have worn that.
Speaker 2: Probably you would have.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was well after my story that that will play even more so, Jason, let's talk about comic cons. Do a wrap up a comic con. First, everybody high on YouTube, high on Instagram, thank you for listening after the back and watching really makes us happy. So Jason, okay, First of all, Jason, how long have I known you? When did you start coming into the Jeff and jer Show?
Speaker 5: Probably gosh, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Laura was probably forty then, so.
Speaker 1: No, he his mom would drive him in.
Speaker 3: Him and his mom would come in and.
Speaker 5: The events to the studio off.
Speaker 1: It was so cute. I loved it, and so he'd watch the show. And so then years later we've just stayed friends and he claims that I'm his original radio crush.
Speaker 3: Now that means.
Speaker 1: To me that there's a new radio crush.
Speaker 5: Nothing right now, No.
Speaker 2: You were still in the first slot.
Speaker 1: Number one, Jason, nobody else you guys know, I have to I have to either know I'm number one or I have to know who my competition is.
Speaker 5: No competitions.
Speaker 2: It's really good that Laura's number one in someone's slot because it's not Eric's. Oh my god, you, Karen, and Marla are all in the number one slot.
Speaker 3: See, those are his best friends.
Speaker 1: But I know where I lie. I'm not number one with Eric.
Speaker 5: With Eric, you're not number one.
Speaker 1: Marla is Marla's number one, and then I'm number two. But Karen is closely nudging me in the in the ribs for the number six second spot, which whatever, it's not happening. I will throw her down.
Speaker 2: You know, Marla's here in San Diego. Marla, you can tell because Laura's on edge right now.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I feel it. I'm feeling the vibe.
Speaker 2: Are you getting some crack sweat?
Speaker 1: Well? Maybe when I see pictures of him only.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, we go out a lot.
Speaker 1: Eric and I frequently we'll go out to lunch, we'll go do this, We'll go to Marshall's, We'll go to oh I come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she shows up on an ounce sometimes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Eric hasn't learned how to say no yet. I know that's why it's hard to say no to her.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Rarely does he take a picture of just the two of us hanging out, because we take so many pictures here.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, that's it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So I see on Instagram a picture of him and his bestie Marla, and all it says is dinner with my bestie.
Speaker 2: Oh, what are you expecting? A true statement?
Speaker 3: It is a true statement, and I know that, but it doesn't mean.
Speaker 1: It as at any laughs. I'm sorry, okay, and they're smiling.
Speaker 2: So how about if I do that your fancy? How about if I do this? So I say dinner with the old ball and chain that case.
Speaker 1: No, because Marlow would be unhappy and I don't want that either.
Speaker 3: She's very unhappy.
Speaker 2: That she would not like the word old.
Speaker 6: Don't don't pander to her. Stay true to your guns.
Speaker 3: So all right.
Speaker 1: I went to Comic Con on the day at open, but I had to do some reports between five am and nine am and before the doors even opened, so I was there talking to some people in line. That's when I ran into Jason and I dressed up.
Speaker 5: Yep, you were Lois Lane.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you know who she was or did you think she was the star of an adult video movie?
Speaker 4: Just what did you think in the beginning, Well, I heard someone saying hey you, hey you, and I turned and I'm like, oh, hey, well all right. It took me a minute to see because you had the brunette hair for the wig because it's for lowest lane, and then I recognized you.
Speaker 5: So but yeah, you looked.
Speaker 3: Great, Jason.
Speaker 1: I looked more like more Titia from the Adams Family Plan. Let's get real. But I had a giant thing that's in the daily Plan.
Speaker 6: So you had the only thing that identified.
Speaker 1: I believe me. I know, but hey, I have one brown wig. Give me a break. I'm not gonna go by it worked.
Speaker 6: You're definitely the triple X version of that Superman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now there are there were so many costumes that triple X. Oh yeah, because you guys thought I've tried it on for them last week and they thought I looked like like I was ready to like I was a teacher or like a librarian or something ready to.
Speaker 2: You know that guy that wanted you, you know that guy that wanted you to jam your stilett I want to do? Is his brain led?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You kind of looked like a dominatrix.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what I didn't. I didn't that day I had the pants. I looked fine, right, Yeah, you looked great. So how did it go the first day? And did you go the second day? And did you see George Lucas.
Speaker 4: I did not see George Lucas. That was actually on Sunday. I went Thursday and Friday. But probably the one of the craziest things that happened, so as we all know, on Thursday morning, rest in peace Hul Hogan. So, which was one of the saddest things. Because I'm a big wrestling fan. I went to the wrestling panel. It was the WWE panel. The moderator comes out and he goes, hey, I know you guys have probably all heard Hull Hogan passed away. First thing that happens. I hear someone go boom because of all the you know, the crap that he's done in his recent life. Yeah, so one person and then the moderator repeats it again and says, let's honor him, and then there was another boo and I'm like, really so and then most people clapped for Hogan, you know, in honor early well respect. Yeah, and it was like an hour before we all found out he passed away. No, it was right before I saw you, actually, I found out what.
Speaker 3: Exactly did he do that made people soul back?
Speaker 4: In Like Twain green back in like twenty fifteen, his daughter was dating a black guy and he called him a nast racial Yes he.
Speaker 2: Did, he did, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: And he did apologize for it on like the Today Show or something, but you know people still yeah, yeah, you know how people they don't.
Speaker 7: Want to go, well, you can't really escape well and the whole Then when they didn't, Linda kind of start dating like a twelve year old or something like her pool boy or yeah, the pool boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that was the ex wife.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, rest in peace regardless. So that okay, So that started off the wrestling.
Speaker 5: Panel, But that was fun.
Speaker 1: Didn't dim it down, like was it kind of like the kind of sad because.
Speaker 4: Of that, it kind of got quiet for it was an awkward moment, yeah, put it that way. But then the wrestlers came out and it was really fun, and you know, and then me and my buddy we won.
Speaker 5: Tickets to meet the wrestlers.
Speaker 4: I have pictures if you guys want me to hold that up. And that was really cool.
Speaker 1: So which, Okay, what wrestler do you think we would recognize?
Speaker 2: I'm speaking of wrestlers. Yes, Alexa Bliss, Alexa, you've met her?
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought you had a cutie. Yeah, she's dormal.
Speaker 3: Have you met the twins Bello Twins.
Speaker 5: I've met one of them, Nikki Bella who used to be engaged to John Cena.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure, show they were. They were clients of mine really mm hmm.
Speaker 5: And then they lived here in Sandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're lovely. Yeah, they're they're very sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nikki Bella was really cool and John Seena is like the nicest guy I've heard.
Speaker 3: He is just incredibly cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 5: Anything was there on Saturday for that show Peacemaker too?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, isn't that on right now?
Speaker 5: I think so. I think it's starting like next week prime on HBO.
Speaker 2: HBO okay, HBO.
Speaker 1: Max. Think I'm glad they threw the HBO back in there. I was not. I was not a fan of the plane Max thing. You know, Yeah, you understand what I'm saying, you know, I mean, do you have Max?
Speaker 2: I know what you're throwing down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you you saw John Seina speak, So.
Speaker 4: That was he was up on the screen. He talked about the panel was mostly about the figures and what they're really saying. You made the biggest surprise. He was a surprise. You may have heard of the name CM Punk. He was a big surprise that came out and everyone went nuts when he came out.
Speaker 5: So, okay, I know you're out of the loop.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: So he did a movie.
Speaker 3: Explain to me who this person is?
Speaker 5: See him? Punk has been around for like, I don't know, maybe fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Maybe just an actor a.
Speaker 4: Wrestler, but he has done some movies. He did he did some weird horror movie. Remember the title of it.
Speaker 2: It was like in a house or something. It was, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Some trippy movie. And he's a very controversial wrestler. He likes to talk crap about people, but everyone still loves him and the doors them. So he was probably the biggest surprise at the WWE panel. So and then after that, my friend and I we did some walking around the floor.
Speaker 5: We saw did you dress up? I did not dress up.
Speaker 4: I think I just had a Oh I had my my Donald duck shirt on.
Speaker 3: So okay, that's not dressing up, but whatever, whatever.
Speaker 1: You don't have to you don't have to.
Speaker 4: Dress No, it's just you know, I think I told you this on Thursday. It's a hassle wearing a costume. I think I wore one a long time ago, and the people and you could trip and fall and you know you don't want to make that happen.
Speaker 1: But there were some good ones though.
Speaker 4: I saw I saw something, you know, probably the best costume myself. I think I saw this on Friday. Someone dressed as the Coldplay couple. They had like a black screen behind him. It was hysterical.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is like Halloween. It's turning into Halloween. It's not even like it has anything to do with like action figures. You think it's cold Play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was so that is hysterical.
Speaker 1: It was a guy like duck down.
Speaker 4: He kind of was like to the side, and then she was to the side. It was really funny.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a bus event bus In case you guys didn't know about this, I mean it's been everywhere. And he got fired he did yeah wait, he was the CEO of what or.
Speaker 5: The space program something?
Speaker 3: And she was an HR and she was okay. And then so Coldplay.
Speaker 1: They're at the Coldplay concert and Coldplay they're singing one of their songs. They do a kiss camp where they just flashed to the somebody that's looking love up in the stands and then boom, they flash on them and he immediately their lovey Debbie her backs to the camera and then like she looks over and he like drops.
Speaker 2: To the side, and like Chris Martin goes, oh, somebody must be having an affair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was true.
Speaker 3: True she should have gotten fired, but.
Speaker 2: I think they did. They both get fired.
Speaker 1: She should well whatever if he's the married.
Speaker 5: One, well he think they were both married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bye, okay. So and then you went on Saturday.
Speaker 4: I went on Friday, and then I went down there on Saturday just people watch. But Friday, I know you're gonna be excited about this. I went to the Dexter panel, the Dexter resurrection. They showed some clips up up on the screen and upcoming upcoming clips, which was actually on yesterday's on Friday's episode which I watched yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, oh gosh, I have too saved up.
Speaker 4: Catch up Laura, They're excellent. Is this is old Dexter's back?
Speaker 1: I love because his name is back. Now, are you guys Dexter fans?
Speaker 2: I was a fan, and then the finale of the original of the original kind of was a and then when it came back again, I was like, whatever, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this new season.
Speaker 5: It seems good.
Speaker 1: It's back and some old characters from the first one are back, and then they're not his friends and anymore, if you know what I'm saying there. Yeah, well I won't say anymore, but it's great. So it was Michael Sea Hall like a really nice person.
Speaker 5: It seems like a really nice guy.
Speaker 1: And you know, he's just talkative. He seems like you'd be kind of kind of she's.
Speaker 5: Kind of quiet, but he's just a laid back, chilled guy.
Speaker 3: And he has an accent right a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, a little bit, but you know, and then you know, this reminded me of last year. There was a I don't know if you knew about the prequel. It was called Dexter Original Sin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and with the kid when he was a teenager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 4: And then the most cool thing at comic con. Of course, Michael C. Sea Hall came out as the surprise, so I got to see him like twice or so. It's it's just a great show that.
Speaker 1: Always a young one came out, the young one.
Speaker 5: And Dexter and Michael S.
Speaker 4: Hall came out because he did the he did like the Dexter's in inner voice, the the young Dexter's inner voice.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was a trifect of Dexter's.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: They've been having Dexter there since the whole comic con.
Speaker 1: Pass said Dexter.
Speaker 4: It was like everything was yeah, and then even the lanyard said Dexter too, like the thing that went around your neck.
Speaker 1: So really, yeah, okay, you'll appreciate.
Speaker 3: What do you know what Jason does for a living?
Speaker 1: Yes, what he works in an assisted living and I think that's wonderful. And he's he's in charge of the activity. That's he's like, so what did we do today?
Speaker 4: We did exercise class led by me? And then what kind of exercise?
Speaker 5: Just like we sit in the chair like.
Speaker 1: We're all your arms and like run and forth, kick your feet around thing.
Speaker 4: We do everything, you know, we move the arms, we do balance class, we stand behind the chair.
Speaker 2: We you know, we just will you work with Laura and I privately when we're those places. Okay, great it for you. Eric's such a great guy.
Speaker 1: Three against one? Okay, do you have anything that you need to share about what's happened to you since we've last met, which has been.
Speaker 2: Like a week. God, it's been so long.
Speaker 3: What's been going on?
Speaker 2: You've been such a busy gal.
Speaker 1: I know I've been like hella busy. Yeah, you really have, so tell me what's up.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll do the Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Report, okay, and then we'll end with my Oh I really shouldn't tell this on the Yeah I have on the radios to me old habits diehogic. I really shouldn't tell this on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have something really embarrassing.
Speaker 3: To Okay, Well, then well let's.
Speaker 1: Go for it. Tell yours first, No, you tell yours first, because mine is worse. I don't know, Brian, you be the judge, you know what to do.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, we'll be back here next week.
Speaker 2: I think the Hollywood Report.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wait, should we do Hollywood and then Eric and then me?
Speaker 1: Or Hollywood and then?
Speaker 2: I think should go first?
Speaker 1: Eric should go first?
Speaker 2: I guarantee Laura's is worse. Eric, Why is yours worse?
Speaker 6: Because Eric, you're prone to embarrassing things. Laura is prone to really bad decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this, This has all the things involved, bad things, bad decisions.
Speaker 2: Eric just has something bad happen to him.
Speaker 6: Laura makes it a colossal mistake, and it's all right, So wait, are we.
Speaker 3: Gonna do the Do we do the Hollywood?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's roll the music to whatever you want. I know, don't play the crickets or.
Speaker 2: The booze or anybody snoring.
Speaker 1: Alredybody snoring or there we go. That's cool. Here comes a Daily Dirt our version of celebrity news.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we just covered one halk Codgain. Is that? Do we know what? He died of?
Speaker 5: Cardiac arrests?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is that what it was?
Speaker 4: I think it's just everything he's done in his life. You caught up with him.
Speaker 2: And another one that died probably from everything that he's done in his life was mister Ozzy Osbourne is at seventy six.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I had to do a story about it, not that, not his death, but his last performance or this was he got together with all these artists. I forgot where it was. You can't understand the thing that Ozzie as says when he's talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, when he was performing, he was clear.
Speaker 1: As could be. He sounded amazing. I guess he sat the whole time in a bat throne.
Speaker 5: I actually have an Azzie story, no way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so me and my buddy this was gosh, fifteen twenty years ago, he did a signing at Burns and Noble, the right one right here in Mira Mesa, and he's just signing books. He had his head down the whole time, not taking pictures with anybody and not looking up in anybody. And I'm like, wow, that wasn't very much fun. And then I turned back and I went things Ozzie, and then you just went.
Speaker 5: Shoh blah blah blah blah, and that was it. So but that was my Aussie story. So I did get to sort of men him.
Speaker 3: So he did, that was his head, that was yeah.
Speaker 1: But when he said everything, I could understand every word. His voice was strong.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, he just sounds like he has a mouthful of marbles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's still sad. But yeah, you're right about him doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he done a lot of drugs. Yeah, yeah, good for him.
Speaker 5: Well hey he hey, it clearly.
Speaker 2: Didn't really, I mean, yeah, he die that young. Yeah. So this next story is the things that I live for. Oh god, And I'm so sad that I was not in Poland at the Jennifer Lopez concert on her fifty sixth birthday when she was performing a number and her skirt fell off and everybody got a full bumb shot. Well, okay, she had underwear on, but she said she doesn't wear underwear.
Speaker 1: Okay, but not unless it was like floppy, Like what if it came out and it was like.
Speaker 2: Laura Laura, Oh my god, that would have been the best thing ever. I would have had I known ahead of time that would have happened. I would have flown there just to see that concert.
Speaker 3: Boo was a great moment for a lot of people, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, it would have been a great moment for me.
Speaker 4: You have the video of it, Yeah, there is a video, yes, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was great.
Speaker 3: Would you pay to see her in concert?
Speaker 2: I would, yeah, because I think she's a really good performer, not probably the best singer, kind of like Madonna. Madonna's a great performer. Is she the best singer? Oh? By the way, on Friday of last week they released so remember when she did Ray of Light. Yes, it was a huge, huge success. Yeah, Elvis is snory, he's out. They were going to release a companion piece called Veronica Electronica and it was a more hard edged remix album of some of the I think seven of the thirteen songs that were on the album, and then one that was just kind of a B side called Gone, Gone Gone. They just released it. And I'm a huge Madonna fan and daddy no like, oh no, I why and this is no slam at Madonna, but it They decided not to release it because of the runaway success of Ray of Light. So you know how twenty years later or whatever, they're releasing this thing, Gone, Gone Gone. I was in my car and I was listening to it. Oh my god, no way. It was so pitchy. Have you listened to it?
Speaker 5: I haven't heard it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm like, what the hell like it was? I didn't even finish listening to it. Wow, that is not I didn't like it. Sorry Madonna.
Speaker 1: Breaking news now, Okay, I'm getting back to Jennifer Lopez. Would you pay let's say, Eric, I have two tickets. They're each one hundred and fifty bucks. Would you buy one? Eric, I have two tickets to go see once for me, once for you. They're two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: That's pushing it.
Speaker 1: Eric, I have two tickets to see j Lo. They cost me six hentred bucks, so it's three hundred for you.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all the one.
Speaker 6: I can't even name I single one of her songs waiting for Tonight, don't even know it sounds like I like concerts too, but but.
Speaker 2: She I think she puts on a really good show. I've never actually seen her, I've seen everybody else. Oh have you heard about all that justin Timberlake controversy. No, So he just did a concert I don't know where, and all these videos of surface where he literally forgets the lines. They think it's like alcohol. He literally likes is slurring his speech and just kind of meandering around the stage not doing anything. Oh it's bad.
Speaker 4: I saw a little bit of the video. Yeah, he doesn't kind of even know what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh no, not too justice.
Speaker 4: Maybe he was drinking or something froma or something. That's I'm thinking he put on.
Speaker 2: He had sunglasses on the whole time, a hoodie.
Speaker 1: Well then let's recall it's harken back he got well, no, Justin timber like I'll pulled over for why and had like poppers and I he's god, let our Justin's be okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, what straight guy has poppers in his pocket?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 2: I heard that too on many social media platforms. Poppers are also a recreational drug too, but.
Speaker 1: They are mostly it's it's a scene too. It's mostly the scene.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but you can also it kind of it kind of relaxes you, from what I understand.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's a relax it's a muscle relaxer.
Speaker 2: Kind of like if you see my shirt. Oh my gosh. Yeah, they do what you think they do. But also used if you take the you're out of anus, it helps.
Speaker 3: That next stop anus.
Speaker 2: No, next stop your aus. I wore this outfit in homage to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Oh it's got my face on it. Oh, don't jump up and down because monies.
Speaker 3: No, this could be dramatic.
Speaker 6: For sorry so unaware. It is especially considering.
Speaker 1: How we could be okay there, now we have to put a censored on that for the people will slow that down and see you.
Speaker 2: That's what I call consequence. For the first time ever, I'm going to utter these words. I love having a woman's face on my crotch. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, okay, so thank you.
Speaker 2: I have two last things.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Last night I watched actually a really good movie on Netflix called Until Dawn.
Speaker 6: Oh no, Eric, No, don't say that's a good movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, you'd like it. It was gross and it was entertaining.
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it vampire stuff?
Speaker 6: No, it's an adaptation of a really famous and popular video game that had a really good story, and it was butchered when it was adapted to a movie.
Speaker 2: See. I've never seen the video. I've never played the video game, but the movie was entertaining. Is it the best thing I've ever seen? Hell no, but it was entertaining. The movie was widely hated.
Speaker 5: The game.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I thought the movie. Great game, terrible movie. Okay, all right, Brian, Yes, I am so mad at you. I think I'm gonna have to beat you up in the part.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh here we go.
Speaker 3: See. I tried it again. I couldn't. I couldn't go there.
Speaker 1: What I know what you're gonna say, and I know why you're mad at it.
Speaker 2: When is this show going to end?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: I think I'm on episode five hundred and fifty two.
Speaker 6: There's like thirty seven episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm you know, I had to take a break. I'm like, how many more situations can these people Hi be put in?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: It's all Blove Island you've heard of.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, just power through. No it is once the show ends, just.
Speaker 6: Forget about it because you don't you don't want to go through this emotional roller coaster. You don't don't go, don't watch the next season. I mean it's not out yet, but just don't try. I don't think I could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I literally go down a rabbit hole and I'm never touching that show again.
Speaker 1: Look, with all due respect, not really ill, Okay, I watch my shows, my, my, ninety day, my, you know all that, just to kind of put my brain out of my head on pause and so I'm not thinking about anything but just fluff. Okay, I could. I felt so dumb watching that show. I'm like, I'm not this dumb. I Am not this dumb of a person to watch this this like.
Speaker 6: It's I'm sorry, but ninety day fiance is not reality like slop.
Speaker 3: I know, I feel like it's a little bit more.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely not.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I can't know because I.
Speaker 6: Can't because at least ninety days almost or at least Love Island is at least somewhat of a social experiment where there's like an element of like how your dynamics work out ninety days, just laughing at people to have made terrible romantic choices, some of.
Speaker 3: Them are not always telling. And it is also an experience.
Speaker 2: It's not an experiment.
Speaker 1: It is technically you're experimenting on whether it's gonna work.
Speaker 6: That's just a bad choice when we see God, no, it's just a bunch of thirst traps. And how many of those relationships have worked out like long long term Not.
Speaker 1: Very many, yeah, not very many. But then something and they spin off onto like the single life, where now there's singles and now they're trying to find a guy, and then this and that.
Speaker 2: I just have one thing to say to Brian, all right, let's here. It's actually three words.
Speaker 1: Oh God, he's gonna not like this either, chin.
Speaker 2: Implant girl, God, yes, isn't it. That's what I was telling you about. It's awful, it's scary. Oh, she looks like.
Speaker 1: A Does she look like Jay Leno or something?
Speaker 2: No, it literally looks like she has a guitar pick. Yeah, it stuck into the bottom of her chint like it is the weirdest. She pops up and I'm all, what the she looks like a batman villain or something. Yeah, she does. She's had so much work done. She did not last long to No, she didn't, thank god, because I couldn't have stared.
Speaker 6: There was one guy that tried what do they call it, anyways, just talking to her and about like, after two conversations, he was like, I think we're better off his friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was an idiot. Oh, she seemed nice.
Speaker 1: It's just oh yeah, she seems so young with so much worse I know, and.
Speaker 2: She had so much and the boobs, Oh my god, every single girl on that show just about the I mean they have there though. No, it's like a Barbie doll factory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just a little it's a little obvious.
Speaker 2: I do not like Hoda.
Speaker 6: I do like I kind of like how to Okay, No, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Do you guys watch the Valley?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, Now that's juicy, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's really juicy. Jax is a horrible yes, and Jackson is letting go of his bar called Jackson's in Sherman Oaks.
Speaker 1: Because he's in Studio City to Brittany taking over.
Speaker 2: Well, he's focusing on his mental health. He's such a douchebag.
Speaker 1: What does he have now? He has addiction and alcoholism. Does he have mental yes, bipolar, bipolar. He's well, but there's a lot of dual diagnosis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that show is something out. Do you watch it?
Speaker 1: No? But oh my god, Maggie keeps telling me I've got wat.
Speaker 2: Waiting for I don't know about. It's so good and wait, I want to hear Okay, I don't want to tell you. Yes, you have to tell the story.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm hearing it one way or another. So whether the cameras willing or not.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go first, you go first?
Speaker 6: No, I want to hear your story now, Eric, you should go first.
Speaker 2: The first is bad. It's gotta go last.
Speaker 5: Go rough paper scissors coming on?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and we hit one okay.
Speaker 2: Wait no, no either, Produced executive decision.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 2: I want Lord to go last. It's way better structure.
Speaker 6: But promise because if you go and it's amazing, and then Eric goes and it's well, if his.
Speaker 3: Is more amazing than mine, do you your hormon apology.
Speaker 6: That's fairy.
Speaker 2: It's it's just me being a clumsy idiot. We both know that Laura is gonna be so much worse. Oh yeah, yours is gonna be way worse, but mine is just horribly embarrassing.
Speaker 6: I enjoy Eric stories. I do too, especially when they lead no way.
Speaker 1: Him and they just kind of.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and this is going to be horribly horribly embarrassing. Nothing fell out, okay, so that's the silver lining to this whole mess. But you have the floor. I had to work late and I was too tired to cook, so I went to shout out to Silver Lake Ramen in Fashion Valley so good. And I'll never be able to pronounce it correctly because I always call it the Karagi chicken bowl, and I know it's not.
Speaker 3: Karag okay, but it's the one with chicken, yes.
Speaker 2: And it's delicious. The egg I won't do the egg. I pick up my food. I'm walking across the crosswalk from them to go to the parking structure. I trip and fall. Oh my gosh, I had high tops on that I did not tie.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I proceeded to fall out of my shoes and then did that weird like slow motion crab crawl where I people were honking and laughing. And then I reached the other side. I still had, thank god, my bag. Thank god. I didn't have a drink like a it was just the bag of food. I still had it around my wrist. I get to the side of the curb and I'm all yes, and completely fall on my face. The bag lands under me and I smash all my.
Speaker 3: Oh no, smash noos.
Speaker 1: Did you eat it in?
Speaker 5: Oh? Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Good good good good good good yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay Laura's stories.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's better. I really don't know if it's better.
Speaker 6: Well, his was pretty mild. His was a little comedic slapstake. It wasn't that bad. It's in line with Eric.
Speaker 1: Mine is going to. Let me just put it this way, if there is anybody out there that has the slightest bit of attraction to me or guilty, oh well then or or maybe we'll be wanting to like maybe be with me someday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, everything, No, prospects are already lost. Yeah no, maybe you should find another old age home to sleep in, Laura.
Speaker 1: I know it's probably for fifty five and up right, so I can literally live and live there as well.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you can move there now, my god.
Speaker 5: I think we'll have some empty rooms.
Speaker 1: So backstory, Jason, that this I don't think you should know, but we everybody who listens regularly knows that I don't go regularly.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh no.
Speaker 1: Yes, I and when I do, it's not like you're.
Speaker 2: I'll save you the trouble. It's like a lumber jack ship.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It actually is not.
Speaker 1: I've got to be honest with you, like I won't. I'll go every couple of days. I don't go every day. Okay, that's just the way my body is. I don't feel bloated whatever, And what does eventually happen, it's not this giant there's a way you.
Speaker 2: Could explain to you know those big you know, those big like wheat log bread stacks that they have. It it's not worse than what you were doing. I'm trying to cheesecake factory. Say it's like that. There times ten I want holds it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to say that when I do, because it leads into the story I'm trying to tell.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, Jason and I were on our side story.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, you do quality over quantity.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: I was at hobby Lobby.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is gonna be a train wreck.
Speaker 6: Call the poor Christian hobby lobby store.
Speaker 1: The hobby lobbies where, sorry to say, where the Karens gathers. Oh god, and it's busy.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's where I get my stuff framed, so don't close down that store.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now, let's just realize that stores like Hobby Lobby, like Ross, like McDonald's, like like my place where I work, they all have like the industrial strength toilets that like they you you flesh and they go. You know those kind right, which you're perfect for you exactly.
Speaker 2: They're necessary except in this situation.
Speaker 1: Well, this wasn't a one hole or bit bathroom. This is like there are a couple of stalls, because sometimes there's just one where there's one one toilet. This one this wasn't like that. So I had to go, scuse me, where are your restrooms. Oh the back there, da da, So we'll go there, and of course there's a line. I'm like, oh my god, I've actually got to go. I don't want to do this. I don't want to do this here? Do I want to do this here? Don't?
Speaker 2: It's not number one right exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why this happens to me right now? So I finally get into my stall, I do what I need to do. I I thought, dude, push on the industrial strength handle because you know, you know, you're talking to a friend next to you in the stall, and when they flush, you can't hear what they're saying. It's so loud because it's so strong. Well, let me just say the nothing went anywhere. It was just right still right there. So I'm panicking because I'm in the stall and there are people next to me, I know, and but I know they don't know what's going on yet. There are people in line waiting to use one of the stalls, and I'm like panicking because I don't want to be that girl.
Speaker 2: Buy this. There's a line at the Hobby Lobby bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was a line at the Hobby.
Speaker 6: All the Karens were all the fifty plus, you need to use the bathroom at home.
Speaker 3: They were like, there's like two or three stalls, only.
Speaker 2: How many people were in line at the same time.
Speaker 1: Don't ask me these questions.
Speaker 6: I thought you was so empty, a couple of weeds abandoned.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. I'm not going to be that person that opens the stall walks out to use.
Speaker 2: The Oh no, in this situation, you just cutting wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I do not know when there.
Speaker 2: Are people, well, you should have cut and round.
Speaker 1: Now when there's somebody that's going to go right in there after me.
Speaker 6: Right, Look, there are times to be selfish.
Speaker 1: So I wait, others oh my god, and I wait, wait, wait, wait, And.
Speaker 6: So what's better than cutting and running is just hogging the stall for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: Because no nobody knows who I am or what I am or what's happening in there.
Speaker 6: So if it's just for selfishness, you don't want to get caught just running.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: So I'm thinking, what am I going to do?
Speaker 1: What am I going to do? And I don't have anything, any kind of tool of any something, you know what I'm trying to say?
Speaker 5: What tool?
Speaker 2: One germ? Yeah, pocket knife?
Speaker 1: Before I have nothing spoon, so I wait until I hear like the some of the last person go out the door, and I run over to the album looking for something because at this point I have to do something.
Speaker 6: And you try flushing twice the second time, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, and third and four then fanthemic. So there's like this arrangement of Sometimes they have like arrangements of like vases of flowers, fake flowers, and they were like the kind that were So I stole one of the sticks.
Speaker 2: Jesus dude, I went.
Speaker 3: Back into the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I had to take care of the problem.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to pull an Eric.
Speaker 6: And run out of mac not even hold on. Instead of like actually getting crap all over the store property, you should have absolutely just ran.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a thin stick.
Speaker 1: I was gonna throw it away. I'm not gonna put it back in the base.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the best.
Speaker 6: Question that I had, no obviously, but at this point you have created a bigger issue than just if you left.
Speaker 1: Well, at this point, now I'm back in the stall, and there's more people that have come in, so now I'm stuck in there again.
Speaker 6: You're there working with the chopstick, plunger.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh my gosh, so I'm in there so far about I want to say a half hour.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hey.
Speaker 6: I wish you just would have run like the rest, like a person.
Speaker 1: But Okay, this is gonna sound super like I'm kind of a big deal on braggadocious, but like, I can't just run every once in a while. I do get recognized every one while, not every day.
Speaker 6: I want you to call about getting your press pass revoked because your ego has just balloon since you got that PRESSA.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, do you know how I'm just saying, sometimes.
Speaker 6: It's been dropping the big deal thing a little more off Dason.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people have come up to me and say, oh my god, like that person, thank you every once in a while, and I think it's super nice and I enjoy it and I think it's really cool because that doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you get noticed at the hobby lobby bathroom, Matthew, you've clogged it, I'll give you one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Think well, if I would have known that it would have I would have run, but I did it, so I took care of it. Handled, the evidence handled?
Speaker 2: How many how many waxed? Dig take it?
Speaker 3: How many does get done?
Speaker 1: A lot?
Speaker 2: Wait, so let me let me get this clear.
Speaker 6: What you thought might happen, which was so likely that you had to use a piece of fake bamboo to clear the evidence, is that you decide to run. You take two steps out of the stall and someone goes Laura Kane. Yeah you, Oh my god, Laura Kane, and they pure over your shoulder. They're like, oh my god, well you got to run, so you have to leave that in that tar.
Speaker 3: We'd have like a little fun conversation.
Speaker 2: Laura, kn't.
Speaker 6: I used to like you. I can't believe, but you about to just leave in that bathroom. That's a crime.
Speaker 1: I would have run in the road.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They're a disgusting person, Laura. I used to look up to you.
Speaker 3: I had to take care of you business.
Speaker 2: You had to you should have run. Wow.
Speaker 1: So then I'm stuck in there again because then there's one here, person one person here, and like now I'm like, oh I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: So I have to wait another fifteen minutes until everybody's cleared out, and then I dealt with it. Like I said, the material and uh handled it. I handled it, Okay.
Speaker 2: You came out where they like, our store will be closing and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: Also, if you were worried about someone recognizing you, isn't it far more embarrassing that they see Laura King coming out of the stall that's been closed for.
Speaker 2: Like forty five minutes. Just tell me you're with maintenance. I have in addition to my day job. I'm maintenance at the hobby.
Speaker 5: I have a press pass.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, a janitorial work.
Speaker 6: You should have just left them in, like, hey, someone clogged the middle.
Speaker 3: Thank god it was, because it would have been times worse.
Speaker 6: Would no one would recognize you could get out of there and disappear in the crowd.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, Lois Lane just had a log jam back there. Oh my god, that's true. Maybe you should just go to the hobby lobby and costume the sky dressed as like a rose or something with a big hat on. Nobody would recognize you.
Speaker 6: I was unbelieved I was right about this story.
Speaker 2: This is about Laura's bad choices.
Speaker 5: Man I had.
Speaker 2: That was that was actually worse than my TJ Max story.
Speaker 1: Your TG backstory is right up there, but yours is I didn't go back in and try and.
Speaker 2: Crack the thing.
Speaker 1: There was water coming out of the toil.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that was he ran while it was totally honestly, you know what, that was it done though.
Speaker 2: I would done the same thing, all my stuff sitting on a shell and called her the second I got out of.
Speaker 6: Those is what you should have done. The second after it happened. You run out of the store. You go up to associate, You go, hey.
Speaker 2: Some ladies like, no, laid a log in.
Speaker 6: There, because then they least can go take care of it and the bathroom can be reopened in like ten minutes versus the hour that you had to close down for.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they would know it was me.
Speaker 3: They're not going to say the mainess person is gonna go, oh yeah, right, ladies.
Speaker 6: Okay, and then they're like they're like, okay, no where wait Laura Kane? Yeah you did you just ruin our bathroom?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Come on, just don't want to be that first.
Speaker 2: The only way they know it was if you walked up to the associate and said, hey, I'm Laura Kane. iHeart Radio. Here's my press pass and my picture. I'm not I just laid one out in your bathroom.
Speaker 6: I'm not convinced you wouldn't do that either. They'd be like, they'll know who I am, And they're like, how, like, well, I show everyone my press pass, all three of them. Here's my press pass. I can show you another one if you need.
Speaker 2: I do have four of them, Like, oh my god, which one are you gonna show them?
Speaker 6: And this is why I'm going to call someone to have them take away.
Speaker 2: It's like you should have used your police one, because then they could have put the caution on Jesus, this is the smallest amount of they could have put the content table. Laura could have been the first one there to report on it. They're not just allowed to go in the caution table with those things. I hope you know that.
Speaker 1: No, I I know.
Speaker 6: I can't dist the smallest amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe I've passed the background check or whatever they needed to do.
Speaker 6: The background check you went through is just seeing if you've committed a crime.
Speaker 2: Before, right right, Well, only only crimes against porcelain. It's a war crime in my book.
Speaker 1: Okay, done? I said, I can't believe. I just so anybody whoever was ever interested in me, Thank you for that. But I understand.
Speaker 2: I get it, Laura. When I tell you that you are the ship, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it to thank you for watching, Thank you for listening. We'll be back on Thursday. Oh yes, you have to do this.
Speaker 3: When I say you say it's an Eric says they We're.
Speaker 1: Done though already. And thank you for coming.
Speaker 2: Jason. It's always nice.
Speaker 1: Guy's been seeing you at comic Con. And thank you for informing us and all this stuff and just being like a supporter and a friend to our show for so long.
Speaker 3: And it's almost six years. Next month is six years?
Speaker 5: Is it six years?
Speaker 1: Can you believe it's you're like creative? I don't ever listen anymore.
Speaker 5: No, I do. Six years and we haven't seen you live on on Instagram all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, we always call you out anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, what six years and we just seem to be aging.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, thanks to LOOI which Mary.
Speaker 2: Are you looking in the big frosty one, not.
Speaker 1: The filtered one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the filtered one's just no one a selfie camera with us?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right? Love your podcast?
Speaker 5: Love your podcast.
Speaker 2: I love you. I love you too, Jason, I love you too. Thank you to I love you too. Elvis. Elvis love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you, my sweet babies. I'm sorry that i'm your mom, but weird MoMA makes you cool. Bye.
Speaker 2: Sorry hobby Lobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, Hoppy Lobby. Oh my god.