Speaker 1: You're listening to Bigfoot Society podcasts hosted by our captain Jeremiah Byron, where it's all Bigfoot, all the time. Have you ever had the urge to do more, to be more? Now you can by joining Bigfoot Society on the Patreon get out free episodes and even number only episodes, take part in movie Night and even live video chats, interact behind the scenes with Jeremiah and other Patreon members like me, play it the powerful podcast goes on, and you may contribute a verse in our Patreon community car padm Seize the day, Bigfooters and make your lives extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Welcome to big for Society. If you have Bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode, and if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes head on over to Patreon dot com Forward Slash the Big for Society, and now let's get on with the show, all right, pick for Society. We've got the privilege of talking to mister Mike Smith tonight. I've been wanting to talk to Mike for quite a while. We had a quick, quick conversation at I believe it, Small Town Monsters Monster Fest two. Mike is an individual who has experienced multiple things in the lbl or laying between the Lakes area of Kentucky. So it's a pleasure to have you on the show tonight.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 2: How's it gone, sir?
Speaker 3: Hey, it's going great. I've been looking forward to this since we spoke, and I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Mike. I'm going to go ahead, and I think we've got a lot of ground to cover, so I'm going to go ahead and give the reins over to You're welcome to bring us back to the very beginning when all this stuff started happening for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, And you know, I've been on a few shows. Was privileged enough to be in there with a small town Monster group because of this experience. But I don't consider myself actually a researcher. I'm a hiker and a camper and a fisherman more than anything, but being down here in the land between the lakes basically my whole life. I feel like it was just bound to happen. I've always been interested in cryptids and paranormal and things of that nature, but had always also been the guy where I would need to see it to believe it. And back in twenty twenty, it's May tenth. I'll never forget it again. Big Fishermen's part of my life, part of the family's life. And we were out on the lake the day before, on May ninth, and it was springtime, so the weather was volatile and we just had a great Saturday and my infant daughter, it was bay. I think it might have been her first trip out. I know it was my wife's first trip out since COVID, and so that Saturday, man, it was such a neat time, and we got out on the main lake and when the water's low on Kentuckulate, there's sandbars and it's almost like being in a beach and the water's not warm enough you had to swim, but you could splash around. And I had my three daughters with me. Such a great day, so of course the Sunday came we wanted to go again, and man it was the wind was the main thing. And in Kentuckulate can get rough. It's a you know, you can see it on a map, so it's it's a pretty big lake. And I mean a map when you look at the entire United States, you can actually see those two lakes there, so it's sizable. And it got rough, and we went to this one little spot where I knew the wind the direction it was coming from, would not be a factor, but I wasn't sure good how good the fishing would be. And we drove down to two Mile Road. The boat ramp was closed actually, but there was a spot where they had put kayaks in and I put my boat in there. I'll tell you, I left my boat parked and my trailer in the water because I didn't want somebody else to come down and forced me to go around the federal barriers to actually get my boat out. And I ended up getting a ticket by the Force Service. But the events of the day that happened, I didn't really mind that. But anyway, we went out and tried to finish and it wasn't good. The waves kept us in this little cold so what we also liked to do is always have a fire and cook some hot dogs, and so we pulled up on a little rocky bank and it was not anywhere close to a beach. There was basically enough room for a meeting. It out my oldest daughter, she was the years fly by. She was fifteen or so at the time, and the little girls my wife and I had, I think my middle daughter was five or six there, and then, like I say, my youngest one was just an infant six seven eight months old. We did have her in life jackets and all the appropriate stuff, but they stayed in the boat. It was such a small little spot, and I built a fire and we were cooking hot dogs, and at one point I heard walking. And there's something called the North South Trail that runs through there, and I've done almost twelve all of it. It's divided into the north half and a south half, and I've done all of the north half multiple times. So it was in range, but somebody would have had to have been way off track to been walking up of where I heard them. So I just asked the girls to keep their eyes out and their ears open because I thought some people were coming up. And that's basically all that came of it, And so we were getting ready to leave, i'd say thirty minutes later, and our oldest daughter asked me, you know, what do you think happened to those people? And I said, I don't know. They probably saw that we were down here, it smell the smoke or something, and decided just to turn around. But I was getting ready to push the boat off. I've had to tie to a little tree, and we all heard a knock, a clear wood knock, and we'd all watch Finding Bigfoot in some of these shows that had been popularized by then, and you know, everybody just kind of looked up, and our oldest daughter said, Dad, what was that? And I thought it had to be people messing with this, So I said to her jokingly, well they'd say Bigfoot does that. When I look down, there was a stick I knew would be a good heart stick and would make a good knock. So it was just I took a knock on this little tree, and about one hundred yards down the bank, we heard another knock, and you know, they're kind of startled, and we had decided we were either going to go home or we were going to find another place to fish across this cove. But because we were hearing these knocks, we decided to go down the bank a little and look up in there where we heard the second knock and see what happened or what was going on. And man, I looked up in the get It's something you don't ever forget. I looked up there and there was a spot of sun that came all the way through the canopy. It wasn't real thick, but it was. There were leaves, but this sun spot was up there, and standing there was a bigfoot. And I said, there's bigfoot, and I'm pointing, and the girls where where? And I started. I had to watch the boat because we were getting close to some stomps and some logs and some sticks, and I didn't want to mess my prop up, so I was turning my wife where she could see it, and it actually ran away from where I turned the boat in the opposite direction, and I ended up. When I say turned, I'm basically spinning my boat in a circle in this small little cove. And so I spun around again and then it kind of came back towards us where the original knock was in the ridge we were on was, and they never could track it. It was so fast. I saw it going down into a gully and pull itself up. I saw its hand, and then it went on up into the trees, and the trees were shaking and the wind was blowing, but these trees were protected. And my oldest daughter did see the tree shaking because I was saying, you know, there's where it's going, where those trees are shaking, and we just kind of I put the boat in neutral and we drifted a little bit, and we're drifting down the bank and we're just kind of collecting our thoughts. I actually wanted to go across the lake and just fish a little more. You know. I was stunned, but I wasn't really scared. But as soon as I hit the engine, and so I was away from the bank, my ears ring all the time. It's called tonightis so I don't hear a lot of background noise, and I was turned looking away, which put my ear right to the engine. My girls were right on the bank and they both heard and what they described as guttural, frustrated screams, and they looked at each other at the same time and said each other, did you hear that? What was happening? My wife's hit me on the arm and she's saying get out of here, because something was still in the woods. It followed us down the bank and probably was not less than one hundred yards around the back of this code where my boat was sitting, where she thought that this thing might be coming around to meet us at the truck. So she was very, very adamant that we leave and get out of there. And as we were putting the boat on the trail, our vehicle was coming down the road and it was just a family. And so besides them and the obvious Force service people that we knew were there because of the ticket on my windshield, nobody else said you can hear them coming down this gravel road. So yeah, So we packed up and man I called up a guy named Charlie Raymond with the Kentucky Bigfoot Research Organization that night at eleven o'clock, and he called me right back and took my report. She gave me some great tips. He told me to draw a picture. I do a picture and just make notes. And it was a while before he could get back and do the actual investigation. But he came back in the fall and was gracious enough not only to take my report and want to be at the scene, but also take me up in the woods and kind of show me some stuff. Spent several hours up there. My oldest daughter went with us, and we pretty much are dead. Said now that there was two of them, and I think they smelled the hot dogs or the fire, and I really think one was knocking to the other one saying, you know, hold up a minute. I don't know what one knock means, but I know I got between their communication and if they had their heart set on eating or had that on their minds us seeing them I think really upsetting. So I think the second one was actually shaking the trees, maybe as a signal for that one to come on. But we found tracks that day. We found all kinds of sign It really opened up my eyes to what could be there, and it's still to this day. You know, I've had several encounters since then. I approached it as if I'm going to be in the woods with these things, I need to know what I can and can't do, where I can and can't go. I had heard all the creepy stories and experienced a few things in between the lakes since I guess I started. I moved down to this area in nineteen eighty eight to go to school in Marshall County, Kentucky, which is right there on the lake. But I had family down here, so every summer of my life I was down in this area. So I had heard the stuff and suspected things. But you know, there's no going back once something like this happens to you. And you know, I'd always thought I see a lot of these shows, and I know there's a lot of scary experiences, and a lot of people have these experiences, but most of them are alive to tell the tale. And after seeing that thing move, I know if it had wanted to get us, it would have gotten this. So I got some guidelines. I didn't go out by myself for a long time. Now I do in the daytime, I do not at night. I rarely go out at night, barely never by myself. I've been out with Charlie on an expedition and a few few groups and a couple of people I've taken that have podcasts and YouTube shows. But man, it's been a. It's been a neat thing for me. I think I have turned it into a positive. I'm fascinated by the outdoors. Like I said, that's always been a part of my life. I completely understand the people that go the opposite way and have the PTSD and the negative things. But I guess, you know, after that, going to find the Prince and just stepping into it, and again, Charlie was a great help. This whole bigfoot community. There's so many people that I've found that are just really mentors and really kind of happy that other people are seeing this stuff. It validates, you know, And that's why I came across your show. Of course on YouTube. I sit at my desk. I hope my boss isn't listening in it and listen to a lot of this stuff. I don't watch it all of course, I'm working, but it was just neat. It's really been a positive for me since.
Speaker 2: You know, since then, you've had other things happen, and we'll talk about that probably later. But over the years, have you had an idea of what bigfoot is as you start to get more knowledgeable and start to go out looking for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, man, I tell you so. I'm a Christian and I do and I don't like to talk about it and brag about it. I know everybody's got levels of involvement. I don't just show up at church every once in a while. I'm very active. I've been able to play piano by ear about anything I want and sing a little bit since I was four, and so I share that at church, I play and sing a little bit. So it's it's a huge part of my life, is what I'm saying. And the outdoors is very much part of that and connected me that way. And I try to look look at Bigfoot and and anything really through that lens, and a lot of people tend to think that that's that's contradictory, But I think that the Bible is a supernatural, multi dimensional handbook.
Speaker 2: Big for society. Who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Basically saying, Hey, there's a whole nother world that you can't see, and they cross over sometimes and there's there's a big picture here that you're a small part of. So I did think it was just a flesh and blood thing. I think it may still be with some abilities that we don't know about. But I'll tell you The very next experience I really had was finding a really large footprint that through the course of some podcasts and some mutual friends and it showed up in the Small Town Monster documentary. We've determined it was not actually a sasquatch. We've even had doctor Jeff Nolgrim kind of look at the video and the pictures of it, so you know, that's a whole other rabbit hole there with land between the lakes. But in doing that, the day I found it, me and my son were there. We found it, I covered it up. I went back two days later with another friend of mine, lifelong friend from high school, and he was really interested in this, and while we were letting the plaster, I said, well, let's just go check this ridge out. So this was all new to me, and I really like to know the areas. I'm sitting here looking at topographical maps of the entire land between the lakes that of course printed out and go buy. So I was interested in the topography, of course. And there's a lot of old roads. You know, there's been settlements there, you know, if you know the story, there was towns there. So there's cool stuff. I know where there's a model t for example, that's still pretty intact sitting up there. We found that this day. But on the way back he found what he thought was a footprint on this little knole, and we've had some interactions. We thought, you know, you can talk yourself into everything's big foot. You hear these things, and we're having fun with it. But he bent down and we heard a jump down this ridge. You could feel it hit and you could feel the footsteps, no mistaken that bipedal heavy footsteps. We kind of take about ten more steps because we knew we were going to be able to see this thing running through this wide open forest. And it's it's wintertime now, so there's you can see several hundred yards in a lot of these places and there's nothing there. It's it's just gone. And that has happened to my wife and I before. I do have a picture that I took of one I saw running on the ridge and I snapped three shots and I've got what I know to be ducking behind a tree and kind of peeking, and I actually went up there the next weekend. I took my wife to get a comparison shot of me in the photo to show that there was room for a man's size thing, and there wasn't a stump or anything, but I was not aiming. I saw this thing running and just held my phone up and where I found the pictures were way off in the frame, almost out of the frame because it covered so much ground in a mere second. So I don't know if they're disappearing, or if they're actually that fast, or if they can cloak or what, but they do tend to disappear. And so these people that say they're multi dimensional, I have to believe as a Christian in another dimension, and that's well documented in the Bible, Old and New Testament about angeels and people coming in and out of another realm into this realm. So I don't have a problem being believing any of that.
Speaker 2: If that answers the question, No, it definitely does. And I'm a Christian as well too. Listeners of the show will know that because I've said it in different shows before. I really like the way that you put that, where, yeah, we believe that there's another it's so weird to think about that. I've never thought of it that way, but we literally do that there is another dimension that sometimes we see. That's wild. Yeah, it's absolutely true. Man, that's gonna that's gonna mess in my head tonight for.
Speaker 3: Quite a while. I'm sorry, No, I love it.
Speaker 2: That's that's so cool man. Like you know, you think of the story of the stories of the angels and the demons in the Bible, and it's like, yeah, stuff is still going on today, man, but absolute, absolute, that's wild, wild stuff. So that was what was it the time frame on that again where you would feel something jumped down the ridge?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that well, what had happened after mine, So that would have been late that would have been either late twenty twenty or early twenty twenty one. It was the winner and and again then it happened. I mean, I've had experiences this February. This past February, my wife actually had her first sighting. Now it was from some time away. But you get into these areas and I tell you what, I purposely went. I purposely go to other areas to validate that I'm not finding things and I'm not thinking everything is a sash quarts or a big foot or some type of side. And I mean I fight miles. I go at least five miles on a short day trip and sometimes get into double digits. If I'm out all day and I'm off track, I say, usually start near a trailer a road, but you really got to get off track to see a lot of this stuff. Sometimes the elevations here above sea level. The lake sits at three hundred and sixty feet, and some of the hills are up around six hundred feet at the peak. So sometimes I'm climbing hundred feet, which won't impress a lot of the real mountain folk, but it's I'm fifty two. It makes me huff and buff a little. But yeah, so I've had. That's when that one was, and then I've had. Basically, I don't get out much in the in the summertime. If there's listeners here around this area. I don't know if other areas are as bad as land between the lakes or not, but there are things that will bite you. You can't see them, you don't know what they are, where they came from. If you get out in the summertime, basically June, July, August, September, I don't really go, and if I do, I don't get off the trailer in the bush. But then the winter comes October definitely through March till the fish start biting. So October, November, December, January, February, March. I'm out there every weekend, sometimes multiple times a week, and again I can almost guarantee in this one area I and I don't take a lot of people there because I really think there's a group that lives there, and I don't want a bunch of people running through there hollering and knocking on trees and just acting a fool. You know, they might laugh at us, I think a lot. But yeah, I've got an area, man, where I can I'll find the prints and the tree structures fascinate me. I'm telling you there's something to that. I don't know if it's just their artwork, if there's a there's different areas where you'll find large ones. And then on these witchtops you'll find it's almost like children are juveniles, just like a kindergartener with doodle and doodle on the walls. And as always, I mean, you find these intricate weaved things that I doubt there's a lot of Blair Witch fans up there in the you know, two miles off the track, three hundred feet up, just waiting for me to maybe see this one day.
Speaker 2: So I know that it's not your story, but you did mention that your wife was able to have her first sighting. Yeah, is that anything that you would be able to to share what happened in that situation?
Speaker 3: Sure? Sure, And it's a it's a culmination of several experiences. I in fact, I tell her we're gonna we're gonna hear one scream at us if she's in the boat or she's around, because that had happened multiple times, and so I can give you some background on that leading up to her actual sighting. We were in the boat. This was last year, last spring, in the back of a bay, and I fish. You might can tell if I keep talking. I like to have the place to myself. I don't like a lot of people around then, so I fish also where there's not a lot of people fishing. I hike where there's not a lot of people like And so we're back in this bay and it was close I guess it was almost June, late May, early June, so the boating traffic was picking up, the water was getting warm enough to swim and ski, and there's been a lot of boat traffic that day. And my daughter a middle daughter was just figuring out how sound traveled on the water, and she'd hear a boat that she think was coming from one direction and it'd actually be coming from another. And I'm an athletic director and soccer coach now, but I've got over ten years in the classrooms. I'm a teacher by heart, and definitely with my own children. And he got laid and I asked her if she really knew what an echo was, or if she'd heard an echo, and she didn't so not. I'm telling you, if I had a recorder going, this sound would be on every show that's on TV, in every podcast. It was so good that we were not thinking Bigfoot at all. So I just I let out this womb really loud, and it's bouncing off the off the hills, and then right behind us we hear this whoop and you can hear the peace sound and it was close. It was in a little we were in a little creek, and it didn't sound like it was too far down the creek. And when that came, kyote started going and the woods got kind of wild, and then all of a sudden, off off in the distance on another ridge, you hear this just this. Ah, I'm obviously not doing it loud. I don't want to blow the speaker out here, but it was very loud, and even the creek hats stopped, the frog stopped. The entire area got spooky, and the girls are just looking at like, okay, that that was something. Let's let's go, and we did. We left. We had a few more encounters like that. We've noticed they'll actually whistle at you. They're very cureou and in the daytime they're whistling. My middle daughter has actually gotten some responses. And we had a boat beached one day and I just some rocks slipped down there. It was a steep bank above us, and I knew that was odd. And my little daughter, she's four now, she will swear she saw Bigfoot's legs. She says it yegg of course. But I'm giving you the background when all these real close things were happening. And I've had probably six or seven good sightings, and my wife is just like she's so frustrated. She say, man, I can hear them and I know that's them, and I just I want to see one. And she really wanted to see one from the safety of the boat. She felt and she's kind of uneasy still, but she's so curious, and I think that's what these experiences do to people. But we were out hiking. We had hiked up a place that I've got a place where in the last couple of years, I'm saying a lot and not you know, just peekers, mostly peakers around the tree. So that's what we went to do. We were cooking. We did our standard thing, we cooked our hot dogs. And I noticed you get a lot of activity on the way in at first, or the way out. Definitely on the way out more. But we were going in and I've got this a feeling and we stop every once in a while. I stop in certain places and just I usually wear similar clothes and just follow a pattern to maybe let them know that it's me. I don't know that that's you know, I've never had one walk up and looking in the eye and us kind of get to know each other and nothing like that. But I feel like they may know people and their intentions or different groups. That may just be me reading into it. But We're stopped at a spot and I looked over and I saw the head come around there. It was probably definitely over one hundred yards away, and I said to my wife, Okay, look over my right shoulder, and I'll tell you what, if you get your phone out, I'm convinced they know you're taking pictures or that you're doing something that I don't think they like it. So I didn't get anything out until after she saw it, and when it moved, she's like, there it is again, and you can tell it's something six seven feet tall, it's up a tree, it's and then it kind of I got my phone out, and I've got again a couple of pictures where you can see there's a dot there, and then the very next picture there's no dot there, but it's that far away. So I don't show that stuff too, because you know, people want to slam dunk the slam dunk photo, and I really don't know that that would make a difference to a lot of people even if you had that. But yeah, she was. She was for the moment. She was like stunned and happy. But then as we got to walking back, she's like, now you've seen them a lot closer than that, So I think now she's on a mission to actually get get a little closer and see another one. But she's you could tell her demeanor and thinks she was it was. It was neat. It was neat because you can believe it and you can be around it. But it's still it's still to this day when I usually see just one a year.
Speaker 2: Big for society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: I'd say probably one a year, maybe a little more. And they're just letting me see them. They're just letting me see them in this one in this one area. So but yeah, yeah, we're we're looking forward to the to the when football Season'm actually a soccer coach. I'm in my season right now. Is my twenty fourth year doing that in Kentucky. So football and soccer in Kentucky, we wrap up in October November, and we're ready to get out. We were talking about today when I was telling her about the interview tonight, and she's like, man, I'm ready to get back out in the woods and get a better sighting than that than that one I had.
Speaker 2: That's really cool because it probably helps the both of you connect a little bit better when like you are probably talking to your family about what happens out in the woods, and once you know she's able to like, Okay, I get it now in a different way. Yeah, what would be the closest you think that you've ever gotten to a bigfoot before?
Speaker 3: Okay? And so this is neat. So when when Charlie came down, we got a range funder and you can see this on Kentucky Bigfoot Research Organization's YouTube. You got to scroll down. He called it the beast of LBL. But I take him out in the boat and it's my first interview investigation anything really with bigfoot, and we put a guy up there in the spot. He raine finds us in the video at eighty yards away, but he edited it out when I didn't get as close. The water was actually lower when we were there, so we estimated it was sixty yards when it was standing by the tree and about thirty eight to forty yards when it came down to the gully. There's been one other time when I was and again fishing. I'm way back, I'm in the daytime, and I'm up against a fallen tree, almost camouflaged, and I hear it and I look up and it's walking right past me. It's walking right past me, and it walked and it was probably again that was a thirty to forty yard one and it walked into a little grove and I was trying to get my troll and motor to get in position where I could actually film it. And I dropped my troller motor and made a loud rattle and it looked up and then it was gone. And it's sometimes it's weird. You can hear them walking or running away, but sometimes it's completely silent, almost like they're levitating or something. So those two times thirty yards to forty yards, and then the rest of the time you're looking at one hundred yards or so. And again most of the time it's peaking. We had an encounter with my wife where the one where it disappeared on us. We were up on a ridge. I carried my daughter. I'm going to stop now, she's getting old enough to walk, but going up the hills when we're hiking, I would put my youngest one on my shoulders and my pack. It doesn't exceed thirty pounds by day pack, but she was thirty or forty. So I'm climbing up these hills with you know, sixty seventy pounds on me. Well, she knew I was getting ready to put her down when we got to the top, and when I set her down, she started screaming. And I don't know if it startled this thing or what, but something jumped down the hill. You can hear it running off. It went down into a covert. We couldn't see it. There's actually a video of this. Brian king Sharp posted this on me on his Sasquatch Odyssey YouTube. I took a video of us walking out and my little daughter passed out as soon as my wife picked her up. She's asleep with my wife carrying her. But so we stayed up on this ridge and this road took us all the way out to a what's called a main road, a connector road. Still gravel, still all gravel. But evidently this thing stayed with us down in the gully, which is odd. And when we got to resting, we heard it and my wife went up the up the road a little bit and I just looked up and it's standing there. And this is the only one that when I looked at it, I really thought, this thing wants us out of here. And it was probably inside one hundred i'd say probably fifty to sixty yards and it's standing there. I actually went, and it left two prints by the tree it was at, and I looked up at the road and my wife can tell she she's now that it, but she's like, you're looking at one and she's lip reading and I'm trying to signal to her. And it always happened. We had not seen anybody all day, and then you can hear this, this four wheeler and this ATV coming down the road, and I looked up and the thing was gone. So but now I get a lot of people. We'll see stuff online and whatever videos a lot of my friends and it's funny. A lot of them tease me about it, and I completely understand. I say, you're free to think I'm as crazy as you want to think I am. But then a lot of them will tell me. You know, years ago, I had a guy tell me about a pre Patterson Gimblin sighting right around here. A guy at church. He waved me down. He'd seen one of something on YouTube and he said, Mike, are you serious? Have you seen this thing? Yes, sir, and he said, well, I've never told many people this, but my grandfather years ago was heading down down on our property and this is real close to my house. Actually. Now, we have a couple of little rivers in some creek systems that actually run into Berkley Lake. If you stayed in the creek, you could get right to Berkeley Lake and Obiel. So I don't know if there's a connection. We're twenty probably twenty miles away. But he said he was down going down to the barn by this creek. The groundhogs had gotten in the barn and he was just going to shoot some you know, this is back in the fifties. And then his old dog that was supposedly really loyal, really good dog, stopped at the edge of this creek and was barking and ground and would not come. And he thought that was odd because this dog's real obedient. So he walked over. He said it smelled like rotten fish, and so he just thought that somebody had thrown some fish down in the creek or something. He said, he looked up and the bushes parted, and this hairy ape like eight foot tall monster looked at him, kind of puffed at him, and walked off. And he told everybody, and the reason this guy was telling me this his grandfather's long passed. But he said, I think I'm the only one that believes him. It changed his grandfather, how he even operated on his own farm. And he remembered when I guess it was the early seventies on in search of when Leonard Nimoy and the Patterson get until happened to be on when the whole family was there at his grandfather's house, and he remembers his grandfather going, I told y'all, I told y'all, there it is. That's exactly what I saw. That's it. And he said he would never forget the feeling of how his grandfather felt vindicated and his family kind of I don't think they still believed him.
Speaker 2: That's an incredible side account. I love those ones where it's like a pre Patterson gimlin is. It's so rare to hear them because usually those individuals are getting up there in years, so you being able to share it secondhand is pretty special for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, being out in the woods quite a bit, and you know, you hear about LBL has some really weird stuff associated with it at times. Do you feel that anything has ever followed you home? You get home and there's weird stuff that occurs, or is that something that thankfully you don't have to worry about well.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, man, and not until this last year, And this is one of the things I think I'm struggling with right now. And I haven't taken many pictures. Yes, to answer your question. Yes, I was out with Charlie one night on an expedition and this was October twenty twenty one or twenty twenty two, I can't remember. And we saw some orbs and they look like headlights of hikers. But you know, I know that area real well, especially the area I'm in in the Kentucky Lakes side north of sixty eight. I don't know it like the back of my hand, but I know it pretty well. And I'm really comfortable even navigating the night without a flashlighting a lot of areas. So he seems these lights come in. I said, man, they would have to be about fifty feet off the ground for us to be seeing them. That's a big open field close to the way Charlie and they disappeared. And that was my first time hearing about this association with this. And then what was weird is later on and this was the night that I think you've had Larry Sidwell on your show. This was the night Larry had his first sighting. Doctor John was there. He was actually in my truck. I drove him to this site. We were all at and there was a sighting of one and a friend of mine named Ray and I were away from where the sighting was maybe a quarter of a mile, and we heard the conversation the samurai talk. They talk about down in an area, so we assumed there was at least two. So it was weird that we saw three orbs and then there was maybe three different subjects in that area. They were experienced by us. So I got into that. I haven't been back when I was into this initially, and again this is twenty one, twenty two. I was going to my area twice a week, three times a week, as much as I could. And again I think they knew I was there and I was leaving. I've got a log rally fifteen rocks on and I leave them in a different pattern, and then I would get back and they'd be in a different pattern. I'd leave them candy bars or granola bars sometimes, and they don't like grass Chrishby treats for whatever reason. The ones here don't like those. But so I was doing a lot of that, and then I stopped. I got really really busy, and I noticed on my little property, I've got five acres, I've got a really nice little spot. I've got a little three acre spot where there's a spring coming out of the rock. It runs year round, runs maybe one hundred yards a little more, and it runs down into a hole in the ground. They call this area of Sinking Fork, and that spring goes into us called Little River, which is a tributary of Berkley Lake. And I'm surrounded by probably two hundred acres of farmland. There's a few houses around, but there's enough creek and dense wooded area where something could stay in it, and none of us around here would see them if they didn't want to be seen. But I'm down there, I find a lot of arrowheads and a lot of Indian Native American artifaction. I noticed what they call glyphs. There's some kind of tree structures, and I was baffled by it. And I even went as far as to seek out some people that believe in fairies and know about ferries and things and send them some pictures. And they said, no, this is not that, and everybody get fat of this. This looks like foot So I've been quietly. I didn't want to worry about life. I let it happen a while. I would start moving them in different ways. I left some bread down there. The guy named barreled it and told me they're like bread. And I left the bag of bread tied way up in a tree, and something untied the bag, got the bread out and tied the bag back in a different way. And just this past week, at the end of my house, that's where the entrance is to my dog pin, I've got about it. It's one hundred long, it's one hundred feet of fence in a square, so it's ten thousand square foot yard we keep them in. And I was going out there right in front of the gate. Something's been leaving xus and again different. What really got with this one is it was under a portion of it was under our metal roof porch there. So yeah, so I don't know if that's mine from laying between the lakes that missed me and they just wanted to come interact or what this is. But it's strange, and I'm finding out it's fairly common in this realm. So I'm not spooked by it, but I'm intrigued. I'm intrigued.
Speaker 2: And you said this is just in the last week or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that the new one I found and it's been going on about a year is when I it was about a year ago. But it was weird. Well, what was weird about it is I broke my summer rule and my wife's sister was in from New York and so the days are running through. This would have been early August, and she wanted to go. She'd heard about all this stuff, so she wanted to go in there, and we hiked and had a great day. And I did get covered in kicks and no even though I had genes on and all kinds of spray and everything. But it was just weird that I had made a pretty recent trip in there and now these things are back up close to the house.
Speaker 2: Big for society. Who will be right back after these messages?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. I'd love to hear some input on that. Maybe I consider myself a rookie man. This is just this is just four years for me. I'm intrigued, and I'm happy to help people that come in this area because I do know there is some dangerous stuff. You know. The craziest thing when I started running around obl that most of the people said was watch out for the old cisterns and wells and septic tanks and unmarked pitfalls that are out there. And that is obviously true. So when when somebody calls me and says, hey, i'm will you take me out or I'm going to go out by myself anyway, I'm glad to do it just for safety reasons. But I don't know that I ever want to be like a researcher or anything like that. It was need to be a small town monsters. Joe Doyle with HELBN Holler. He and I are getting to be really good friends, and he tells me all the time, you got to get out and do some of this stuff. I don't really. It would cut into my fishing time. It's basically the short version, and I still want to fish more than I want to get out there. But it's I don't know, man, it's need. It keeps getting forced on me for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's definitely a thing where, especially if it's starting to show up at your house, on your own property, just just be very very aware of these things. You know, talking to people for a few years, you start to see patterns that arise of things that might happen when it starts showing up at your house. Yeah, I just remember the power you have as a believer, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, oh, you're aware of that. Absolutely. I don't actually you know, you know Martin Grove, I've gotten to know him well. Sure, he's an expert in that area, and let me know right away, a lot of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I I myself am still learning a lot. And I'm convinced that man, there's some of some of these interviews, I feel like some of these guys are not bringing back Bigfoot to their home, but they're bringing back something else. To be honest, absolutely, that's that's pretty scary stuff, you know.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, you're correct, yep, yep. And that's why I haven't given it too much energy and haven't really put that much into it. And you know, I was fortunate enough as I had a paranormal experience at Waverley Hills and and with my ex wife where I turned into us from a skeptic to a believer real quick. And he had gotten into the paranormal kind of thing, and so I think that prepared me. Had I not had that experience in my life, I don't know that this big foot stuff had have gone real well, but I learned with that, and I think it's true here A lot of times you open the door. And I used the Alaska reference a lot, even though I've never been, and I've always wanted to. You can leave your cabin door open in Alaska and a lot of really neat, nice things will probably come usy, But a grizzly bear could also come usy through that same door. And so I, as a Christian and a believer in those I don't open any doors intentionally. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: That's a really good way to put it. Actually, one thing I wanted to ask you is, because we are in focused on this one area, have you ever had any interactions with anything else besides bigfoot in this area?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, and that's you know, it was neat to see the faces of I'm weird. I tell people it sounds it sounds funny, but if you spend some time with me, I'm just I'm in tune with things a lot of times, and I've learned to really trust my gut, and it's not a supernatural thing. I don't think. I think it's just well, I don't know, but I remember telling them I did not know any of locations for like the massacre in eighty two. One of my contributions to the small town Monsters thing is I validated that that rumor was going around and that story was their pre Internet because a lot of people think that's just an Internet invention. And I told them in high school, I was camping. Well, no, we didn't even get there. And this story, I don't know if it made the cut in the movie or not. I can't remember. But I was one of the four where I worked at a place called the Nand's as a restaurant, and I was one of about four guys there that were really, really active, and we used to skip school and go to the land between the lakes and we would all hunt squirrel hunts a lot. I didn't do a lot of deer hunting, but I guess to people listening outside Kentucky, there's a stereotype and everybody here is an outdoorsman or a hunter, and to some degree that's true. But me and these other guys, we were really that's what we did. And so we used to go to the assistant manager's house about every Friday and Saturday night and just have a party. And she was not contributing to the delinquency of miners. Not everybody there was a minor, but she just felt like it was a safe place and she didn't want us all running around. And it was really cool, but it was a strain on her. And so they decided one night we were going to go camping, and they went out during the day and set this stuff up at this location. I don't remember because when I got there it was night, but it was around the Mumber's Bay. And my contribution. I had a van and I had a big farm. We had eighty acres there, and I had a lot of firewood. So even though you're in LBL and we could have gathered wood, you know, nice good split firewood. So I was going to bring some firewood and stuff. And I got to work because we were all going to do this after work, and they were like, Mike, you've got to go get all our stuff. We're not camping tonight. And I didn't really understand why, and they didn't tell me why. They were just like just please go right now. I mean the manager, and the manager let me off work. I did this when I should have been working. Just please go right now before it gets too dark and too late, so I know you will get back. Take God named Craig with Take Craig with you. He knew what it was. I did a lot of times that at that time. I always had a pistol. Most of us had to hunt and right or a pistol or something in our in our vehicles. And they they specifically asked, you know, do you have your pistol? And they well, yeah, of course you're not allowed to carry over there, but I had it in the glovebox. But anyway, I was still laughing about this. And we get down this road and there's all the stuff, and Craig had told me on the way that they had heard something and he was calling it a wampus cat. And I still don't know what a wampus cat is. But we get out there. There's just a few chairs. I don't even think they had any tents set up. There might have been a few impacts, wasn't much stuff. The folding an old folding card table. We're packing this stuff up and from across the bay and you hear this, what's I thought it was a mountain lion. Had I had grown up a little bit. It's been four years in DC and end up in the Shenandoah River in West Virginia. My dad always took his canoe and stuff, and sometimes we'd stay out as much as a week. So I had heard mountain lion screams, so I thought this was a mountain line. But it was coming at us, and Craig was like, oh, smitty snitty, that's we got to get this is getting card, that's it, that's it. It's coming for us. And you know, I thought maybe we were by a till that we couldn't see and it was just coming around and trying to defend a deer down. So I still didn't think much of it, and we got out of there. And it was a few months later that I remember, I believe it was the same assistant manager asking me, did you hear about what happened to those people over there? And that's the first time I had heard about the family being massacred, and it was in that same area. So I had been to De Mumber's Bay in the daytime maybe once or twice more since then trying to fish, and I just feel weird. And so I told the small town Monster's crew, and I'd already confessed to them that I was more of a bigfoot guy I had. I had experienced that experience I had. I had a weird experience with ghosts and orbs and just being around there. But I was not into the dog man thing. But we were looking at some stuff on a map and I said, oh, yeah, I don't go to the Mumber's Bay, and as a votres someone why not, And I said, I get a weird feeling over there. And she said, well, that's where we get all of our dog man sidings and encounters, and a lot of them are right in that area. And I said, yeah, I don't. I don't like it, so I don't. It makes me feel bad. So I had that experience that night we were with Charlie. When I was with Charlie when we saw the orbs, we were in the cemetery and we're sitting there and I can see it's weird. People that have this ability will know sometimes, like if I say to you right now, the Statue of Liberty A picture of the Statue of liberty. It pops in your head. We can all see it. I've never been there, I can see it. So sometimes when people are connected with things, you get things like that that are in your mind, and then sometimes you actually physically see stuff. I looked back and physically saw a shadow person in this cemetery, and I told Charlie. I said, all right, Charlie's gonna think I'm funny, but there's something back there. And he's like, oh, you know, he's bigfoot, Bigfoot, Bigfoot. I said, no, it's not bigfoot man. So we walked through the cemetery and right there there's a tombstone. The guy's last name is Banister. The tombstone has a crack through it and it says murdered and he was shot through his window in the thirties and died. We did his death reports online. We did that. I believe it's Richard Banister. And Charlie's just kind of looking at me and he's like, you saw him. I said, I don't know if it was him, but I just saw a shadow walking back here. We went back. I went back with my son. I think it was the next week. My son works midnights and he doesn't get a lot of time off, and he had to ask off, so it may have been two weeks later, and I took him there and we took our little k two meters that you see on the ghost shows, and something was talking to us. And again I don't ever attach any emotion to this. I will say, is there something here that would like to speak to us? You know a lot of people when you have somebody pass away, and I do believe your loved ones can come back and interact with you. I do believe that. But a lot of times something will happen in your house and you'll pour all that emotion and you'll be like, mom, is that you Well, it's not your mom, but now you've allowed it to connect to you. And so I knew all those rules. So we didn't do that. But as we were sitting there, we heard something walking. This cemetery is just basically a square. It's got a chain leak fence around it, but it's back in the woods and we heard something walking and I said, you know, that's probably a big for a walking by. And then we went to the other corner and we heard it walking around the back and I'm like, okay, it's just it's passing by. Let's get on out of here. So we came up to the up to the gate at the front of the cemetery where it should have been going away, and we hear it walking towards us, and so I looked at him, and we had a little fire going by the truck, and the truck was, I don't know, fifteen feet away. So I said, let's just go over by the truck. And we're on the tailgate of the truck and we hear something now back on that other side, and it was a growl. It was a low gut oral and he looked at me and I said, get in the truck side, and we got out of it. And we didn't we didn't go back, and and I just had broken my rule a little about being out at night. And so yeah, and then you know, we had a bear siding. Recently, a bear came through and the for Service actually posted a video of it at at Golden Pond, n olbl and Martin. People that have been in land between the lakes know we've had bears there for a long time, whether they're in and out or there's a resident population. You'll see tracks it's always been known that you could run into a bear. But this past Christmas and I just remember it because there's a place called Patties. It's in Grand Rivers. It's a restaurant. I would recommend it to anybody who comes down here. You got to make reservations. It's always packed. It's eighteen eighty settlement, so they're back in the old days. But they have a huge Christmas light display. I mean, I can't describe it. Maybe for a big city folk it wouldn't be that impressive, but for us around here, it's a neat thing and it's free and it's usually packed. So my strategy is the day at after Christmas, when they're closed, we always go to Patty's where we've got this whole lighted Christmas wonderland to ourselves. And so this year was no different. And we were driving I drive down the Trace from where I'm at. I actually purposely go through LBL on the Trace, and we were seeing man, we were seeing deer, and we've seen coyotes. We've seen fox and al bust in front of the headlights. And again, people around here know on the nights that you start seeing a lot of stuff a wildlife. You've got a good chance of seeing everything that's rumored to be in LBL on those nights.
Speaker 2: Big for society. Who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: And man, we were almost out. We were to the canal and there's a bridge and I looked down right at the guardrail and it was I don't know, Martin thinks it might have been a dog. Man. It was definitely a wolf. And I went back and again shot a video and got measurements of this thing about how wide it was. But it was laying by the guardrail between the road and the guardrail and there's a big drop off right on the other side. And this thing it crouched as it was standing up, if that makes sense, its back leg where its back was coming up. It had yellow eyes. This thing looked at me, Jeremiah, I've never I can close mind. I don't have to close my eyes. I can see it right now. And it creeked me out because it's like if you've seen American werewolf in London, when that werewolf is back in the alley and first comes out of the dark. That's what I saw. And it raved up and I'm saying to my wife at the time. I said, good lord, did you see the size of that coyote? She said where? And I said, it's right there. And I let off. I didn't put my foot on the brake. I let off the accelerator. She looked right at me. Don't you stop. You do not get because she had she had heard a lot of these stories of the dog men actually chasing cars and doing stuff like that. So I went back. She was even nervous. We went back probably two months later. We were through there, and I just on a whim. I always keep a it's my daypack. You know. People call it a bug out bag, but you could live out of the back. Say, if we're go on a trip somewhere, I make sure it's in whatever vehicle I'm in. And I keep a tape measure. Now that I'm a big foot guy, I keep a tape measure in there. So I just stopped and she said what are you doing? And I looked at my daughter. I said, here, come here, hold the camera. We're going to film something. And carry asked my wife. She was really nervous at us being there in the broad daylight. And then and what's weird about that? Is my cousin had come through in October and just asked me if I'd ever seen a wolf there, because he thought he saw what was a large coyote walking along the trace when he was coming through. And then in March, I was fishing and I gotten a nice boat. But a lot of times, well in the spring, i'll walk the bank and just get a hike in, and I'll walk the bank fishing, just kind of see where the fish are going to be coming up and what part of the codes are going to use, and what structure and logs and things, and then I'll hike back through the woods wherever my car's parked. I came around the corner and there was a boat there. And I've never run into into anybody doing the same thing I'm doing where I'm doing it, and I had surprised these people in the boat. They were bass fishing. But we got to talking and the first thing the guy asked me, he said, have you ever seen a wolf? I said, well, you know, yes, sir, I have, And I told him the story. They were coming in that morning and he said, up on the power lines going into a place called ft and Access, he said, I saw the biggest blackest wolf I have seen in years, And the guy went on to share that he had been stationed. I think both of them had been stationed in Alaska with the army. And we're both very familiar with with wolves compared to coyotes. So yeah, you know, you hear them. You hear in this dog man stuff. You hear the different categories and if it's actually looks like a wolf but it can stand up, or is it a man? And again, I'm not knowledgeable in that, and I'm honestly not trying to be knowledgeable in that, But I did see any coyotes or foxes or wildlife I've ever seen when a car was coming by, they didn't actively engage the driver and adopt a stance like they were fixing the punts a six thousand pounds vehicle going thirty forty miles.
Speaker 2: Now, why do you think there's so much weird stuff concentrated in this one area?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it goes back. And now, I've got a history minor. I've got a business degree, but I taught history in school. I'm fascinated with that. It's rumored my great grandfather's mom was a full blooded Cherokee. Her name was Sula. I've never seen pictures or anything of her, but she had a weird name, and so I've always felt connected to that part. This area was a hunting ground. It was never really occupied the Shawnee and the Cherokee, and I think so maybe some of the groups coming up from the south all kind of claimed this area. And so there's always been that legend of the medicine man that for whatever reason became a skin walker or what. I don't know if he was cursed or what happened. I'm not an expert in it, but when you move down here you hear about that. You know. The people were relocated twice in the building of the dams, and a lot of that doesn't always get out. The construction of Kentucky Dam was started as part of the New Deal coming out of the Great Depression when they formed the TVA. Now, I don't think it was really finished until the forties, and JFK turned that place into a recreational area in the sixties, and some of the holdouts weren't finally kicked out until the sixties and seventies. But this goes as far back. The first wave of people were moved actually twice. They were moved from the Tennessee river bed up into LBL. They were promised that the cemeteries would be moved. That's why there's so many cemeteries. That a lot of them have been relocated, but there is no confirmation if the bodies were actually moved with the headstones. There are still headstones in the lake. You know, when you study the haunted world and the spiritual realm, most most big cemeteries where people are buried. But they had no connection there. They didn't live in the area that they were farmed. There's not on there. They didn't die there. I don't know that. I believe in a lot of hauntings of newer cemeteries. But in the old situations, all that emotion, all that energy, all that life force, everything was right there in that area and it was it appears to be that that was an issue with the Indians, the Nativemericans, with the French traders and trappers that came with the people there getting treated wrong, and then just all the you know, there's good and bad people everywhere. So I'm sure in an area where there was people living for thirty forty fifty sixty years, there was probably some bad stuff that happen, so I think all that energy is trapped there. I do believe in the power of water. You know, Jesus says that when you ask Jesus what used to be, he talks about being like water. The small rock can crack a rock and he'll give you living water. It's what our bodies are made out of. It. It's just when you look at that and understand the flowing of water around that place, there's so many springs. So again, this is just my opinion. I have no expertise in this, but I know if you read and study and hear about conditions which create weird supernatural things up to including demonic evil things, we've got them all right.
Speaker 2: It's a fascinating discussion. And just thank you for taking some time tonight to share what you've experienced, what you are experience in the area. And definitely, you know, keep us in the loop if things continue to happen on your property or for you continue to experience things in the land between the lakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh absolutely, man, but be not pleasure to I definitely let you know.
Speaker 2: Do are you a gentleman where if you kind of tend to stay in the shadows, or is there a way if if someone has you know something they want to ask you about the Land of the Lakes, is there a way people can reach out to you at all?
Speaker 3: Mike, Okay, okay, well all right now, so you're gonna you're gonna catch me in one even though I am not. I'm not professing. I'm not professing to be. I don't want to be a YouTuber or a podcast or Joe Doyle. I'm gonna blame it on him if he listens to This has just encouraged me, and in reading the comments on some of the small Town Monsters stuff, I did start a YouTube channel. I haven't advertised it or asked for subscribers. I'm not doing anything with it, but it's called smith Ridge Adventures and it's got a little symbol of some mountains and it says smith Ridge on It is in black and white. If you go on there and search smith Ridge Adventures, you can see some of the videos and some of the stuff I made. And so basically, if somebody would comments all that footprint looks fake or that's you know, why is there one footprint or something like that on this small town Monster stuff, I would just reply, you can look at the whole thing. And so if somebody I do have a Gmail at smith Ridge Adventures at gmail dot com associated with that, and that would be the best way. I probably need to check it. I haven't checked in a while, but that'd be the best way to get me. I don't want to give out my work email and flood my work email with big footstuff.
Speaker 2: So hey, that sounds great. And I asked that because I learned the hard way that if I don't, then people flood my email with how do I get in touch with Mike? And I don't play those games anymore. So there you go, guys, that's how you can do it. Well, Mike, thank you so much for coming on. It's been a pleasure chatting with you tonight and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hey anytime man really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much, make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a bigfoot encounter related to the following, or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's the list. If you've had any encounters in Oregon, which I'm sure there's probably a few of you out there, please feel free to reach out immediately. You can use email Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. A special thank you to all the Bigfoot Society Patreon and YouTube channel members. It's your support that helps keep the show going and I extremely appreciate it. If you want to join in the fun, you can join over at patreon dot com forward slash the Bigfoot Society. I'll see you there, and again, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Her and I can get on here. We can tell our stories. Maybe there's somebody else out there listening that's too afraid to tell their story. Maybe this will give them the courage to come out.
Speaker 1: And now it feels so bad about it, Who cares what anybody thinks.
Speaker 3: I know what I saw, I know what's out there.
Speaker 2: That's all I care about.
Speaker 3: Please let people know, Please let them know. If you ever see one of these things, you need to tell because if you don't, then shame on you. You have shame on you