Speaker 1: The right quiet.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back, and with it an annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 1: Scam is back. Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Saxon Cakes in the A app back Go with Broway. Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now. While the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 1: Let's go. It's game Days. Saxy Kates in the am here on your home of the Dodgers Ampire seventy LA Sports. Thanks for being with us on this Friday morning on October twenty fifth, twenty twenty four, It's came one of the World Series. Tonight, Dodgers in New York Yankees. I have Tim Kanes joined by two time World Series Champion, Rookie of the Year and one hell of a guy, the one and only Steven Sacks. Saxy Good morning, Tim Kates, How you doing, Tim? I am fired up. I am on cup of coffee number two right now as we hit six o'clock am here on the West Coast, in the City of Angels, and I couldn't be more excited for Game one of this World Series tonight. It has finally hit me that it is Dodgers Yankees. We've been waiting for it for years. This season it was anticipated these two teams would make it to the World Series. Here we are Media Day yesterday, all the talk leading up to it, We've had a week to get ready for it. We've talked about the nineteen eighty one team and the series beating the Yankees back then forty three years ago. But here we are today, Saxy Game one.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Yep, it's time to go, and we've done a lot of talking and now it's time to put up or shut up, and everybody knows that. And we're going to see it on an unbelievably monstrous stage. It's going to be global and it's gonna be amazing. By the way, were you at Media Day?
Speaker 1: I went early to Dodger Stadium yesterday before Media Day started, which was in the early afternoon after the show yesterday, I had some stuff to do around here, and then I went over to Dodger Stadium to pick up my World Series credential from the Media Will Call. And I got to Dodger Stadium, said hi to the guys at the booth as I waved my and waived and went by to get my media credential up in Lot B, where I usually parked the media parking area, and it was full.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I looked at Lot D and it was pretty much full.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I had to park in Lot F, which is a gigantic parking lot, but it was already about a couple hundred cars there as the media was coming in, and right away I knew at that point this place is going to be bananas. So I just went to the Media will Call on the reserve level and went and saw Ali from the Dodgers and got my credential from there. And when I was there, there was probably about I don't know, twenty to thirty five forty members of the media waiting to get their credentials. Others had already got them, waiting to go in, filing in through different doors. It was already starting to get crowded. And then when I saw the media day start yesterday and talk to David Vasse, he said, Yeah, this is a world series like we've never seen before. He says. The media were running when they opened up the gates to the center field plaza, Saxi media members with stools to get a higher vantage point with the cameras were running what to get to different podiums, mostly show Aotani, Aaron Judge and the big boys right to get good positions so they can film and video at their different positions and podiums. It was unbelievable how many credentials were given out. Do you think I'm just kind of trying to get a breadth of how many people were looking at hundreds hundreds I mean, And to put it this way, we go out there a lot during the season. I do the pre and pos came out there probably twenty times, maybe a little bit more. So I'm out there a quarter of the time for home games alone. And you see the same media members. You see this the local sports guys on TV and gals and the camera guys, and you see the beat riders and the columnists, the Bill Plaski's of the world. Bill Plunkett, who covers for the Orange County Register. All these guys who are out there and you see him all the time. When you get to the playoffs, you start seeing some of the more TV people you don't usually see. They start showing up. And now the World Series. You've got the local morning show reporter who yesterday is covering a car crash and today she's covering the World Series. Tomorrow she's covering a brush fire. You know, she's just out there because it's the biggest news story of the day, and she's going to be doing a live shot this morning on Channel two, four, five, seven, nine, eleven, thirteen Mlbay. All those people are going to be out there, and they were out there yesterday a getting their credentials. So you're getting mass news outlets covering this thing. Not just sports, it's now news outlets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, the players from their perspective, they are sitting there waking up this morning thinking finally, yeah, it's here, you know, and I can relax. They can actually relax now a little bit because they're gonna feel most comfortable when they're at the ballpark. They're away from the press. They don't have you know, those duties that they have to go through to you know, satiate everybody in the press. They don't have to do that now they can just go play baseball and then you know, take care of business after the game with the press. But for right now, they are really liking where they are. They're zoning in. I think, you know a lot of those you know, a lot of the butterflies are probably going to start to subside when they get to the park. Once the first innings underway, the butterflies kind of go away. It's just like another game for them because this is all they do. They played one sixty two, they played another thirty and springs training and believe me, when they're getting up close to two hundred games, this I don't care if it's the World Series. It's a you know, it's another work day. All the butterflies and all that stuff is you know, yesterday today, But once they get to the ballpark, it's regular mode.
Speaker 1: I was watching some of the Media Day on MLB Network yesterday as they popped around to different podiums and talk to players and the superstars, to the Brent Honeywells of the world, to the Luke Weavers of the Yankees and everybody in between. And some of the Dodger players, you know, they've been through this, so they weren't even faced and you can see the media the attention. They weren't all wide eyed and like, oh my gosh, what is going on. But some of the Yankee players and watching them their faces was like, my gosh, this is this is bigger than what we even have to deal with as a Yankee in New York. So I'm curious to see how they deal with the attention. And just to follow this all up, tonight in Southern California, they're expecting gridlock in Southern California in the downtown area the West Side because this reason saxy. You've got the Dodger game at five o'clock. You've got a USC Rutgers football game at the Coliseum kicking off at six o'clock. You've got a Akers game tonight at seven o'clock at Staples Slash Crypto Arena. That's all three venues in downtown alone or around downtown that have games tonight at the same time. And on top of that, you go out to Inglewood, you've got the East LA Classic High School football game playing played at Sofi Stadium, and you've got the Forum where there's a concert tonight, and the new Intuit Dome that Steve Baumber has built, brand new facility for the Clippers right next to the Forum. They've got a concert tonight as well. And the Greek Theater come on in Los Pheelis has got a concert tonight. It is gonna be nasty out there, driving.
Speaker 3: Fifty million people in downtown. This is right, nuts, Yeah, I mean, Uber's gonna love it. Right, They're gonna be cashing. Their prices are gonna skyrocket. Oh yeah, this is gonna be something. But yeah, I mean all these things scheduled at the same time. That's a good point. I mean you better get there early. You know, if you got a ticket to the game five o eight start that it'd be showing up at about two thirty or three.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the local news here, flipping around Channel seven expect gridlock. Channel eleven. They got some local reporter standing on the field the dirt at Dodger Stadium with his brand new Dodger jersey on and brand new Dodger had and a hot dog in his hand, talking about the great experience at Dodger Stadium, probably that guy's first time at a Dodger game. So that's what you're kind of dealing with right now. The magnitude here in Los Angeles is off the charts globally. It is just bonkers right now. To see the amount of international media that I saw yesterday in my half an hour at Dodger Stadium, Saxe.
Speaker 3: Had to be a monboli from Japan.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Yeah, Like, it was unreal the amount of Japanese media there. And then on top of that, there was a tour bus that was parked up in Lot D going to the souvenir stand and getting ready to do a tour there that had a busload of look like Japanese tourists that were there at Dodger Stadium. It was it was a busy Thursday mid morning at Dodger Stadium just yesterday alone. And now here we are on game day and we got live shots happening from Dodger Stadium. We've got This city is a buzz. I mean, I woke up this morning, walked outside and it just felt different, Saxe. I don't know if it's because the weather's changing a little bit. It's getting a little cooler, it just felt different today with this game one of the World Series.
Speaker 3: So it's I know it what a you know, kind of a worry where you are about this, But you have to be in heaven, you know. I don't want to say it either way because you know, there's only one thing left to do, and that's to win the World Series. But from your standpoint, you're you're there and that's the one thing that you wanted to do. You take care of business once you get there. But the Dodgers are there now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for a lot of these guys, they're not just happy being here.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Some of the Yankee players and like I said, their faces were kind of like, wow, what's going on and you know, kind of had that Well, we're here in the moment. This is weird. This is overwhelming for these Dodger players. Been there, done that? Maximunsey, this is third World Series appearance. Yeah, twenty eighteen, twenty twenty, and now twenty twenty forty. Looks calm and cool at the podium. Mookie Bets was about a chill live as I've seen him. Looked like it was just a July afternoon at Dodger Stadium. Talking to the media. He feels no pressure at all, and yet he keeps getting peppered with these questions yesterday about what's it like playing against Judge and Stanton, what's it like being on this stage? What's it like having Marcus Stroman on the other side, a guy who says he looks up to you. What's it like to be on this the magnitude of Dodgers, Yankees and all the eyeballs are gonna be on you, And he said all the right things. He doesn't even see a phase.
Speaker 3: No, Hey, you ever see like in a big fight and they go they have the cameras in the locker room right before they come out, you know, maybe maybe twenty thirty minutes before. Lots of times you see the boxers after they get taped up. You see him.
Speaker 1: They're sleeping. Yeah, they're taking a nap. Yeah really, I don't know how they do that. In twenty minutes, you're gonna be in the square and a guy is gonna try to rip your head off and you're taking a nap. I mean that's pretty comfortable if you ask me. Okay, that's what these guys feel like. I mean, they're not gonna be in the square. But they're gonna be on the diamond and the other guys are gonna try to, you know, take it to them.
Speaker 3: What do they do? They're just relax is I'll get out. How do you get to that point? Though? Because because they do this, think about this. They do this every single day basically of their life, especially for the last seven eight months. This is all they do. They do it every day, and so it's like no big deal. People say, oh my god, how do you hit that ball coming in like one hundred miles an hour. It's when you're a baseball player, It's like you do it all the time. It's not that big a deal.
Speaker 1: It's gonna yeah, it's gonna be rocking tonight at Dodger Stadium. They're expecting a capacity crowd like none other. And just when you think they can't fit any more people into Dodger Stadium, they'll find some way to get standing room only's in there.
Speaker 3: Where they gonna shoehorn those people. I mean, they're gonna put them somewhere, right, They're gonna put them on there. Can they put them on the like the uh the walkways and whatnot, or we're gonna put them.
Speaker 1: They put them out in right field and left field. You see the circle bars that they have now ball out there, they're standing out there. Yeah, you can stand above the bl there's different outcomes. You can stand up behind the pavilion. Now there's an area that you can walk around, so you'll be standing up there. There's stand up tables. You can stand and watch the game. It's it's the game five of the NLDS. I was at the game and I didn't have a seat. I had a credential, so I did with a lot of Dodger fans. Did is that I was in the reserve section, section nine, right behind the home plate sort of, and I didn't sit in his seat. I didn't have one. I stood behind the last row and for I staid there for eight innings. The ninth inning and I tried to get out of there. I just stood there and watched the game with everybody else didn't have a seat, just stood there and watched with a lot of people who just don't want to sit down and just roam and watch the games from different spots.
Speaker 3: So it's yeah, it's awesome. I'll tell you what you can. Here's one thing I will say about this that there is a fevered pitch. When you get to the stadium and they're announcing the teams, there is a buzz that is so incredible. You you know, you can't see it and you can't you know, touch it, but you can feel it. I mean, it is incredible. When you that buzz, you you'll have the World Series bunting hanging over you know, hanging over the uh the stands there, and it's it's just gonna be so amazing. It's just there's nothing like the World Series. There's no other way that you can copy the feel of the World Series, even in even you know, other sports, there's nothing like the World Series.
Speaker 1: He is Steve sax I am Tim Kates at sax and Kate's in the am here on this Friday morning. We are live in local all day long, taking over at nine o'clock Rogan and Rodney Petcho Some Money will start at noon today Morago Casino Dodgers on decats started at four pm. First pitch Dodgers Yankees at five oh eight from the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Between now and nine o'clock this morning, we got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from Mookie bet. We're gonna hear from joey Otani. Jerry Harrison Junior is gonna join us next hour. We'll hear from Jack Flaherty when he talked to the media yesterday. Andre E. Thier is gonna join us at eight o'clock this morning. Also, our Dodger insider David vaz Sai will join us in the eight o'clock hours as well. Besides all that, we've got Game two tickets to give away to one lucky Dodger fan who was out with Rogan and Rodney yesterday at Rock and Bruce in Rancho Cucamonga. Just when you think it was crowded at Hollywood Park on Wednesday, triple that yesterday at Bjay's Restaurant in brew House in Rancho Cucamonga. Hundreds upon one, hundreds showed up and signed up to win these Game two World Series tickets. We all announced the winner coming up in the eight o'clock hour. Also in the eight o'clock hour, we got a special giveaway to give to one lucky Dodger fan. Maybe you can't go to the game, but Chef Morito is hooking you up with a taco party. Yes You're gonna have a taco chef come to your house, crafting carne asad at tacos and nacho helmets for up to twenty people. You can enjoy the Dodgers and Yankees while not being at Dodger Stadium, enjoy the delicious food from Dodger Stadium, all while listening to the game on an FI seventy LA Sports Listen today between now and nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: How do I sign up for that one?
Speaker 1: You are not eligible? Super cool? Right, Yes, they come to your house, they make the carna.
Speaker 3: Get to enjoy the flavor of the ballpark well being in front of your TV. Oh I'm digging that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those those Dodger helmets that got the nachos in them.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 1: Yes, you and twenty or nineteen year friends get to hang out and do that. That's almost better than very cool then going to the game. So that's coming up between now and nine o'clock. Well, Saxy. Yesterday in media Day we found out the question that we wanted asked to Dave Roberts. Yesterday we talked about it show. Hey Otani could he pitch in the World Series? Will there be an opportunity for him to come out and pitch out of the bullpen, pitch and relief in some capacity. And here it was Dave Roberts asked a question yesterday.
Speaker 6: It's my turn to ask the annoying question, is there any possibility of show Heyo Tani pitching for you in the World Series?
Speaker 7: There is no possibility? All that none was sir, Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: So there we go. That's that he said, no, there's no possibility.
Speaker 3: And now I was I was one team one of these journalists to say, is that like no, no or kind of no? What do you mean by what do you mean exactly by no?
Speaker 1: Is that a firm no, soft?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Or do you you know? So I don't know. I still think that there's a scant possibility. I mean, it's be so rare. It would have to be. Uh, the stars would have to line up and they would need one out and they just don't have anybody. It's the fourteenth inning and it's either him with one batter or you're gonna throw Tommy Edman up there and hope they hit it at somebody. That's it. That's the only way and then maybe you'd see him come in. But if he blows his arm out. They'll they'll they'll skin Dave Roberts and and the whole front office.
Speaker 1: I'm holding out hope in that show, Hay goes to them and says, I want to in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me pitch, come down and watch me in a bullpen. Yeah, and then tell me I can't.
Speaker 1: And I think he's gonna have to show them, yeah, like you said, in a bullpen session. And hopefully it's before the media gets there early, early, early in the day, so nobody knows and there's not an inkling that oh there's a possibility now and it can get out there and leaked. He's got to prove to them. I'm sure that he's good to go to throw at least maybe fifteen twenty pitches. And if that's the case, then then maybe we see him come out of the both.
Speaker 3: That's the only way, tim It couldn't be like we're you know, it's a it's an eight to three Dodger lead, and we're gonna bring in show hey, just to show him, well, you know one more out. No, that's not gonna happen. I mean I think it like the example I met I I just put out there, it would have to be thirteenth inning. There's absolutely nobody left to pitch, and uh, you know it's him or Tommy Edmond to throw to one batter. You know the game's on the line. So that's that's maybe the only way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fingers crossed. There's a chance. But Dave Roberts squashing it yesterday at media day. But you're staying there's a chance.
Speaker 3: You're saying there's yeah, we'll.
Speaker 1: See eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is our phone number. We want you to be a part of the show this morning. Get excited. I know you are. Get ready. I know you are because it's Game one of the World Series tonight where you're a home of the Dodgers A and five seventy LA Sports. We are live in local all day long. Rogan and Rodney at nine am, Petro some Money start at noon. I'll be back with Morongco Casino Dodgers on deck at four pm with all your Dodgers great covers. David vass Say, We'll be on throughout the day. Jerry Harrison, Junior for Sports at LA joins this next hour. Andre eighth Year. We'll give us his thoughts on this World Series coming up in the eight o'clock hour. Coming up later on this hour, Otani speaks Mookie Betts next talk to the media yesterday, he sounded about as calm as cool as you can be. I'm freaking out, how about you? Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. He's Steve sax I'm Tim Kates. Thanks for being with us on this Friday morning. It's game day in Los Angeles A five seventy LA Sports. We're ready? Are you ready to cave one of the World Series tonight? Dodgers Yankees First bitch at five eight Saxon and Kate's brought to you by Chef Mariito Seasoning, the seasoning partner of the Dodgers. It's World Series time, bring out the chef in you. Coming up next to our Jerry Harrison Junior, Andre Eighthier David Vessa. In the eight o'clock hour, unlucky Dodger fan is gonna win a party of twenty with a carneal Sada chef coming and making some nachos for you and your party out of your viewing party, out of your house. Also coming up, we got Game two tickets to give away for tomorrow night's World Series game. Just looking at the secondary market as far as tickets are considered. Zachtly. Yesterday, we had a gentleman here in the building who works in sales tell me that he spent eighteen hundred dollars on a ticket for tonight's game.
Speaker 3: One ticket. Where was it.
Speaker 1: It's up in the upper reserve, like the upper upper reserve, Like there's the reserve and then there's the upper reserve. And it was one ticket. So his son can go to a World Series game because he's never been before ever and it's the Yankees Dodgers, and he wanted to send him. So he's not even going. He's sending his son for eighteen hundred dollars for one ticket. And I thought, man, pretty cool, Dad, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's saying something. And Oka ahead, tell me the ticket prices have come down since yesterday. If you are looking to get into the Dodger game, they have dramatically come down. So now you can get in to the stadium one person for about eight hundred dollars, So they've gone down draftly, plus taxes and fees of course on these secondary sites, like our friend Barry at Burry's tickets. Yeah, you can get in for undred thousand does so the prices are dropping a little bit. I actually was talking to somebody here in the kitchen before the show and they said that they were at Sofi last night for the Rams Thursday night game, and there were people there who were telling her that they had friends who were selling tickets to the Thursday night Rams game to Saints fans.
Speaker 3: Is that who they played last night?
Speaker 1: Who they played?
Speaker 3: The Vikings?
Speaker 1: They seld them to Vikings fans, and they wanted to sell them because they wanted to take that money and then turn around by Dodgers World Series too. So yeah, a little shuffling of the money around there is people were selling Rams tickets to get Dodger tickets because they're so desperate to go to this game tonight.
Speaker 3: And when you talk about like way up in Dodger Stadium, I'm actually last time I was there, I just wanted to see what this looked like. So I drove up to a lot p I think it is, yeah, and I'm at the very very very top. It's almost looked it looks like the cupula at the Capitol, you know, the very top of the Capital Dome and you know where the Dodger Crown is up there, and it's it's beautiful and man, you're just right underneath it. So anyway, I go up there and you can actually buy I think, season tickets up there. Oh yeah, that high you think about parking right there? I mean you walk just a few feet and you're in your seat. And actually, there's not a lot of bad seats at Dodger Stadium. Even at the very very tip top. You're right behind home plate and it's right below you, and it's actually a great view. I thought, you know, what, if I ever was to buy season tickets, if I wasn't a baseball player in the past that I bought, I wouldn't mind buying them there at all, because the view is great and it's a couple of feet from your car being parked, and you know, getting out of the stadium is that's a premium right there, right sure, just out of the car in the seat and you know, you see everything and then you're out. Now, it's a great location to be up there. It's a great spot to go and see a game. And there's never a bad spot in Dodger Stateum. And now in the pavilion you got the home run seats. You can sit in the first row right behind the wall, and you get served there with food and drinks, and you have a shot of getting a home run. And tonight certainly you're gonna have a lot of opportunities for home runs. Hopefully you got a lot of superstars on the field for with the Dodgers and the Yankees.
Speaker 4: Eight.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hear from Mookie Betts. In just a second, let's go out to the phones. Dustin is first up here on Anti seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Dustin, Hey.
Speaker 7: Good morning guys. Love listening to the show every morning when I go to work. They just wanted to share, you know, the excitement with my family. We got all the Dodger jerseys out for me and my wife and my kids, so the kids know exactly what they're wearing today. We're all we're all ready to go. But in addition to that, I'm also a teacher. I grew up in the valley, but for the past twelve years been teaching down in San Diego, and so all the students love racking on the Dodger teacher. But now all those little San Diego Padres fans in my fifth grade class, they're starting to come around to be in Dodger fans. And the way that I do it is all the tables in my class. I got about like six or seven tables where the kids say, all the kids get assigned a Dodger player, and if their Dodger player hits a home run the next day when they come to class, they get to pick out a piece of candy when they show up nice. So these kids are always cheering for the Dodgers, and whether they whether Padres SAMs or not, they're keeping track of Dodger games. And at the beginning of the year, I told them, if you if the Dodgers win the World Series, We're gonna take a whole day off of teaching. We're just gonna celebrate the Dodgers. We're gonna have a party, we're gonna play games, we're gonna get pizza. And so all these kids are yesterday asking me when does the Dodger game start? When when do we watch? When? When can we have the party? And you know, we gotta temper their excitement because we got to win first. But I got a whole family who's excited, a whole class of fifth graders. Who's excited and I just wanted to share the you know, Dodger nation down here in San Diego.
Speaker 1: Too awesome.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys for the show, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot. I love that. I wish I had a teacher like that, Yeah, bribing us with candies, I mean for their favorite team.
Speaker 3: I mean I was in summer school when I think the the you know, they landed on the moon and you got a little break. Then landing on the moon's kind of a big thing start, a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what Dodgers and Yankees that I'm maybe a rival right there, that's kind of a big deal too.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that's a horse race. Ray, that's neck and neck. I kind of the photo finish right there. Landing on the moon Dodgers Yankees, Yep, sounds pretty equal.
Speaker 3: To step for what is it, one step from mankind?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, one step for one home run for the Dodgers. Sounds familiar about that. Diana and Grenada Hills is next up on this Friday morning before Game one of the World Series. Diana, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi Tim and Steve. First off sending I want to send out healing thoughts to the Allansuela family, and a big thank you to you two for holding down the fort during this really tough but exciting week. You guys handled it truly with class and race, so thank you for that. Anyway, I just wanted to say that it was four years ago this Sunday that I had the privilege and luck to go to my first It's an only World Series game, the game where the Dodgers beat the Tampa Bay Rays three to one, giving us the World Series Championship title, which was truly amazing and awesome. Even during the COVID year, It's still is a World Series title, and I believe this truly is our year. We're going to do this. I mean, for the last three years, the Dodgers and US fans have suffered a lot of disappointments in the postseason. Tim, you and I are very similar in the ways we get anxious and really crazy. For sure, I will be watching it home tonight on my couch with my brother Ken from Tarzana. Want to give him a shout out. So but we're going to have to be a part because I go a little crazy. So I'm excited for this. We're going to do it and let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All right, Diana appreciate it. It's it's nerve wracking. I think Dodger fans are excited zactly, but at the same time they're nervous because they see the Yankees across the chest. And for a lot of older Dodger fans maybe they see and remember seventy eight, seventy seven, they certainly remember eighty one, and it's Dodgers Yankees. You see the big bad New York symbol come in. But this is this is a Yankee scene that's good and it's obviously here for a reason. And they've got the star power and they got the slug and they've got the home runs from Stanton Judge and it's a really good team with Juan Soto. But when you look, you know, first thought, as a baseball guy, you look at this Yankees team. Are they the big bad Yankees that are coming from the Bronx out here to La Yes.
Speaker 3: And I was just I was just making a little jot down there they are, I mean, all that's advertised they are.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the Yankees get off the bus? You're not helping might cause your sex well, well, well, no, I got I got a little I got a little carrot at the end of it too. Okay, have you seen the Yankees get off the bus. No, it looks like the Rams are getting off the bus.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the whole build up of the big bad Yankees, they got some sizable dudes on that team. I mean Stanton, I mean and Judge and Garrett Cole is a big dude. They got a lot of big dudes on this team. When they get up the bus, you think, is this the La Rams? So all that's advertised, you know about this team. I think it's kind of fitting. However, in baseball it doesn't mean that much because the little guys can do well. What's Mookie Bets five eight point seventy maybe maybe? Okay, he's one of the best players in the world and he can hit the ball. As far as Aaron Judge, you know, Otani's a big dude, but he can do lots of things besides slug. We know he can run, he can pitch. He's a really good technical hitter, as is Aaron Judge. So they there's more to it than just a big, bad, sizeable dudes. Okay, there's you know, the athleticism, the speed, the dexterity with the bat, all those things really come in to play here. Now the Yankees do look the part, but it's not going to make the difference.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from Rookie Bets yesterday, one of the calm, cool Dodger been here before, won a World Series in Boston, won a World Series with the Dodgers. Already here he is yesterday at media media Day speaking of the media.
Speaker 6: Lookie, as you prepare for this World Series run, what did this week look like just for this scroup preparing for this matchup?
Speaker 8: Yeah, just normal, normal stuff. You know, it's essentially the same game. We can't do anything different. You still have to play Dodger baseball. So it's really just resting up, getting everybody getting emotionally ready because they know it's going to be a lot, and physically ready, and really just get ready to play more baseball.
Speaker 6: Obviously, isn't your first time on this stage. Just what advice can you give to some of those guys. There's not many, but a few on this team who haven't been on the World Series stage, and just the excitement of going into it.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I probably wouldn't even give him any advice, I would just kind of let them go through it because everybody everyone's experience is going to be different, and there's no real way to tell someone how to take in the moment there. So it's really just enjoy the moment. Why while you're in it, you never know how good are bad it may be, it doesn't matter, You're in the moment, and uh, just enjoy whatever comes with.
Speaker 6: This matchup Dodgers Yankees? Is this one that I mean, yes, take removing yourself as being a fan of this game. Is this kind of those matchups you dream of in the World Series?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 8: I mean two really really good teams. I mean these are kind of the the teams that you pick when you go play video games and whatnot.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 3: That's what makes it fun.
Speaker 8: You know, it feels easy everyone will be doing it, but you know, with it being so challenging, I think that's what brings what brings us all joy.
Speaker 3: Say it again, Yeah, I mean he meant so much.
Speaker 8: To the Dodger nation. I mean it's kind of unexplainable. You can't really put into words what he means to everyone here. And so obviously that our opportune time, and you know, it's a part of life, and you just have to enjoy enjoy the moments while he was here, and hopefully we can bring home a World Series.
Speaker 1: For him that works out some debation for for you guys.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, I definitely definitely plays a part in it, but you know, we also have to just play play Dodger baseball, and again, just each one is for him.
Speaker 3: You talk about the excitement obviously, now you guys have hometown fans as opposed to the last time you guys were in the World Series. How excited are you just to have that type of support here at home.
Speaker 8: You know, it's super, super exciting because the fans definitely play a part in the game. And so you know, being in front of the Dodger Dodger nation in the World Series is me my first time. So I'm really scuried excited to see how it will play out.
Speaker 6: With Freddie Freeman just looking to be available, working his way back, and he said he wants to he's going to be in the lineup for Game one. Just what does that do for this team and just considering the work he's put in trying to get healthy, but also playing through this pretty talenting injury.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he definitely adds another bat and another really good player and I line up. But you know, he's he's fought so hard to get to this point. I mean, we're here now, and I think nothing's gonna stop Freddy from playing. And I think we should hopefully this week off for however much time we had off. I did good for him and we can get the real Freddy Freeman out there.
Speaker 1: He says something interesting there saxy, but when asked about can he help the younger guys or guys who have never been to a World Series before through the process, and he said no, they kind of just have to go through it themselves. I can't really explain it to him, like I have to kind of let them figure it out by themselves. Is that the right approach or is there a way you can gather guy around by this shoulder and say, listen, this is how it's going to be. I'm gonna help you get through this. Which way is the best way to go?
Speaker 3: First of all, I want to do my Mookie Bets impression of how worried he is at the World Series, how nervous and just on pins needles can I do my question. So, Mukie, what do you think about you know, the world serious today and it's all this built up. He's like, yeah, what was the question again? Does he seem worried? No, there's no, there's not a worried bone in his body.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 3: I think what he's saying is the translation to that will be just watch us, watch and see how what goes on. And again that's what I did, and that's the best way to learn is to just watch the pros go at it. And you know when they talk about experience, you know, Tim, there's no other way to get it. You have to go earn it. You have to go make it happen. You have to be there and experience. You can't buy it, man, you just have to go and do it. And Mooki's right. I mean, it's in the bottom sense of this whole thing. He's right, there's no other way to do it. But then they have to experience it and watch the other guys go through it, and it's it's great, it's valuable, and it's something they'll take with them the rest of their playing days.
Speaker 1: That's why I think the Dodgers have the initial advantage going into this series, whether he plays out on the field or not. The amount of guys who have been here before and did it in the bubble, did it in twenty eighteen, whether on the Red Sox or the Dodgers, did it in twenty seventeen, which a lot of these Dodger players did. Ben They're done that. They know how to go through the media, they know the pressures of a game, they know what the stage is going to be like. Certainly it's at a higher stage now with Otani and Yamamoto globally, but still you can hear it in Mookie's voice these hey been they're done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Tim. The other thing is, you know when they talk about twenty twenty, well it wasn't the real thing. Watch the asterisk get put up there, you know, after this is over, I don't think that's really fair. I mean, it'll be a little bit more heightened because you know, there's been people in the stands all season and the build up is big. But but nonetheless, the rules were same for everybody, and the Dodgers won this and the pressure was on and all that. So I don't buy that as much as people say, you know, it didn't really count as much of course it did, you know, and so that experience is valuable for the guys like you know Muntzi that have been there was on that team too.
Speaker 1: But this is this is something where you know, obviously Mookie was right what he was saying, Raymond and Sampedo. Good morning, you're on AMPHI seventy l A sports h Raymond, Raymond, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey how you doing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Man, I just wanna say, Man, I'm excited for today's game. Man, I can't wait to watch it. Hopefully they can dedicate the series and win a Fernando. Unfortunately, my uh my aunt, Man, she's a huge Dodger fan, just found out she had stage four cancer. Man, but she'll be watching from home. So bittersweet, man, but hopefully they can get this win.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: It's just I'm just I just love how baseball brings all walks of life together, man, and and brings everyone together, and hopefully we can get this championship.
Speaker 3: Man, Raymond. What's what's your aunt's name, Raymond, Sylvia, Sylvia. We say a prayer for Sylvia today.
Speaker 9: Thank you, man. That means a lot, Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Mamond appreciate the phone call. Yeah, it's it's gonna be a big day for Dodger fans and certainly those that need a little lifting up. This could be something that could help lift them up today. It's gonna be some solemn moments out there with Fernando. Oh yeah, really will be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers have already put up this great poster mural on the side of one of the big facades there, beautiful along the third base side, so well done for that. They're gonna all gonna wear a thirty four. It's gonna say, Fernando a patch on the left arm, I believe for the Dodger uniform. So and I'm sure there's a pregame ceremony. It's gonna be very cool out there. It's gonna be a lot of pompus circumstance leading up. It's a Game one of the World Series. We'll come back hill from show. Hey O Tani. Jared Herrison Junior is gonna join us next hour. Andre eighth Year in the eight o'clock hour. David vas Say will join us in the eight o'clock hour. Somebody's going to Game two of the World Series in the eight o'clock hour and Somebody's went in a Taco party courtesy is Chef Morito in the eight o'clock hour. Thanks for being with us, Steve Sacks, TIMI seventy LA Sports Show, Hey O. Toddy makes his World Series debut tonight as a member of the Dodgers as the Dodgers take on the New York Yankees, Game one of the World Series right here on NFI seventy LA Sports Our coverage wall to wall local all day Saxon Kates and the Am Rogan and Rodney nine am to noon, noon to four Petros some money. I'll be back with Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck beginning at four pm first pitch in the Galpin Motors Broadcast Booth. Dodgers Yankees coming up at five to oh eight to MLB Tonight on MLB Network as your home this World Series with live covers before and after every game with highlights, interviews, expert analysis, and much much more from the Dodgers Yankees World Series games. Visit mlbnetwork dot com for the complete programming schedule and sign up to stream MLB Network twenty four to seven with coverage by baseball's best analysts not named Steve Sacks Sexy. Yesterday we had Matt vest Scourgeon from the MLB Network on and they've launched a new morning show that is actually going up right against us right now. Starts at six am Pacific, nine o'clock Eastern. It's a morning show dedicated to the World Series from today moving forward. And he was on talking about that and my guys Petrol somebody said, well, you know you're going up against Saxon Kates in the am and Matt said, well, that explains it. We wanted to get Saxy on to talk about the World Series, but he couldn't because he was doing something. And now find out he's doing the radio here in Los Angeles, so it's right, thank you, Saxy.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. I don't substitute scam for anybody. Yeah, I appreciate it. There is no subjugation of the scam network. That does not go down, No, that does not go down the ladder. No, we stay with We stay with scam.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of people get a call from MLB Network and they'd be like, Wow, MLB Network's calling, that's gonna take priority. It's TV over radio jam shit, But Saxy, you're staying well, I did.
Speaker 3: I did m Network radio with the Joyce and Memelo okay and uh and Mike Farrin. I did that the other day. But I'm not cutting out six to nine to go on MLB Network Radio. I'm in the heaven of radio right now. Absolutely, am I going to change that out? Why would you leave the LA Sports You're home? The Dodgers wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: No, Uh, Stani, you heard the walk up music. Uh, it's gonna be a big stage for show.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: He is ready to accept that challenge, being in the World Series for the first time in his career here in the Major League. Six years in Anaheim, never sniffed the postseason despite all the MVPs and single accolades that he had performing by himself down in Anaheim. But here he was yesterday at Media Day, swarmed by dozens upon dozens of members of the media talking about his world serious experience.
Speaker 10: Domin Kanti Montoni'.
Speaker 4: You know, I never really focused on this being my first year. I just really focused on playing each and every single game and doing the best that I can and imagining that I would be standing in the stage.
Speaker 7: How helpful were rookie and Freddy and getting you acclimated to a new team.
Speaker 10: Stuff on dis count him, you know, aside from them being an exceptional players, just being able to see each of them work prepare every single day and how they go about in the clubhouse has.
Speaker 4: Been something that really stood out me. Has really helped me in the process.
Speaker 1: And yeah, don't.
Speaker 9: George say you are the best player in the game.
Speaker 3: What means to you?
Speaker 9: Ada, And George says.
Speaker 4: Judge, do you.
Speaker 3: Intention this year?
Speaker 10: Uh? Based atentional?
Speaker 5: M You know?
Speaker 10: Moki mos Brady, So.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: You. I'm honored that that's how he thinks of me. And just as much as Mookie and Freddie is, he's also one of the top, you know, players in this league that represents the league. Sure.
Speaker 7: Hey, well, decoite be attending the World Series?
Speaker 3: Okay, my fees in good shape?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right there he is the most important question of the day. Will Decoy the dog show Hayes dog be at Game one of the World Series tonights? Hey?
Speaker 3: What do you think is dog's worth?
Speaker 1: Well? I can tell you the dog gets a sweet by himself.
Speaker 3: Up there at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Cow really that dog gets Come on, preferential treatment up there.
Speaker 3: I got the dog who's like fifty crypto, fifty bitcoin. Oh I bet.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's got his old LLC that dog or something. He's probably got a collar with. He's probably got a collar with all these like bitcoin, you know, actual coins hanging off his collar, like twenty or thirty of them. He's the new dotage coin or doge coin.
Speaker 3: That did doja coin? Right, did you ever buy that stuff? By the way, Oh yeah, I like bitcoin. I like I like bitcoin, like ethereum. I'm like, yeah, yeah, okay, I like it. I got a little bit, a little gonna be huge. Yeah I don't. I got like percentages of bitcoin. I can't afford a bitcoin, so I've got like bites of the coin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well you know what I think, you know, I mean, that's another whole thing. I'm not giving financial advice. Nope, no, no, not at all. All right, let's do that anymore. You don't do that anymore, just for me? Know what I do do? Yeah? I groove. I don't know if anybody can hear me grooving, like with my deep bass voice going boom boom, boom boom. Oh yeah, we hear you. Okay, all right. Oh you know if you heard me when you got like you go out and you're talking, you hear me going.
Speaker 1: But we hear your groom with the bass and Dodger statum is going to be grooving tonight. The local morning shows are already grooving. But their mariachi bands at six fifty five in the morning and they're live shots from Dodger Stadium dancing in the outfield.
Speaker 3: Hey, do they do walk up songs in the World Series?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Of course they do. They keep that up.
Speaker 1: Huh oh yeah, okay, it's part of the vibe. It's part of the experience.
Speaker 3: Is are they gonna are gonna slap the chap on second base in extra needs? They don't do that in postseason, right, slap the chap? Yeah, that's what I call, slap the chap at second base during you know, all the whole celebrate thing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, when they put the pitch runner off next Uh, they don't do that during the post Ya.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful. Yeah, that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, back to real baseball, some semblance of reality exactly. I love that he is Steve Sacks on Tim Kates. One hour down, two to go, Jerry Harrison Junior is going to join us next hour. David Veasse joins us in the eight o'clock hour. Somebody's winning Game two World Series tickets, and somebody is winning a taco party for twenty courtesy of Chef Marito right here on your Home with the Dodgers am FHI seventy ELA Sports