Speaker 1: All right, Joining us now is doctor Peter Hammond. I've talked to him in the past about his amazing life and experience doing missions in South Africa and through the southern part of Africa, going into Marxist nations and the Muslim nations, and he had a very interesting take I think on the Olympics. Why are the Olympic Games promoting paganism, perversion and blasphemy. But it's an overall comprehensive take on the history of the Olympics, the ancient history of it, as well as how being used to push the New World Order and many other things. So joining us now, and of course I'll only tell you where you can find him at Frontline Mission SA dot org. Doctor Peter Hammond. Thank you for joining us, sir, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: David.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we've all been absolutely horrified over the deliberate blasphemy. And it's not just offensive to Christians. That's not so important. How I feel isn't very important. The important thing is blasphemy and it's offensive to God or Mighty God I create and the eternal judge before him, each one of us will stand and you know, it's kind of extraordinary. First of all, have this nonsense that the Olympics committee claims, Oh, it wasn't meant to offend anyone who are just wanting to have a tolerance and inclusion. And interestingly, at first they said, no, it wasn't meant to be a parody of the Lord's Supper based on Leonardo da Vinci's iconic painting. No, it was actually meant to be some pagan festival with Dionysius. And yet for a remarkable resemblance to Leonardo da Vinci's iconic painting. And the press received on the program that this would be the last supper. In fact, even since and press releases beforehand, the programs distributed to the people on the banks of the Seine River, this was that section of the procession of the opening ceremony was going to be the last supper.
Speaker 1: And you had an interesting take on this, which I had not talked about. And when I talked about it, I said, you know, we've had parodies and the last separ it's a piece of art, and so forth. A lot of people have done parodies of it. But the thing that was interesting about this one and so offensive, was the fact that they combined a parody with the bauchery and your take on it was interesting because you talked about the subtext to the fact that it was Dionysius or Bacchanalia and talk about that the wine aspect of it.
Speaker 3: Now we've seen at Olympics openings that have been going increasingly back to the pagan roots of the Olympic and you can see, you know, whether you're talking about Athens or Atlanta or Barcelona, London, as they all have been getting increasingly more pagan type of arcoltic even ceremonies, which is going back to the rooch of the Olympics, which always was dedicated to Zeus and the whole pantheon of Greek gods. We grateful that they don't sacrifice hundreds of animals and engage in animal cruelty at the beginning of the Olympics, which they used to.
Speaker 4: Nevertheless, that may be coming, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But now what they're doing is if you think the Lord's Supper is so critical to Christian faith, this isn't about Leonardo davinciy. This is about the Lord's Supper. They're not trying to mock Leonardo da Vinci the artists. They're trying to mock the Lord's Supper, because the Lord's supper symbolizes I mean, this is where the community service was an augrets and the Lost Supper before our Lord was portrayed and crucified, the body of the Lord symbolized by the bread his body will be broken for us, and the wine symbolic of his blood shed. Bruce, this is at the heart of our salvation. And now in this Olympic ceremony, opening ceremony, which of course cuts millions of yours, put together that this is a massive operation. And you have the Greek god Dionysius, who is the god of wine and the god of the pauchery, lying on the table where the bread and the wine should be.
Speaker 2: So you've got the pauchery.
Speaker 3: Instead of celebrating salvation, now replaced him to celebrating sin. And remember, Christianity believes in salvation from sin, whereas the pagan religion of Sabatanism, which many of the modern elite holds you, is salvation through sin. You are saved through sin. In fact, it is through the bauchery, through breaking all the laws of God. It is the whole Sabatane religion which is at the heart of the Illuminati. For example, Sabatanism, which started in sixteen sixty six through sabatae Zebbi, which is obviously the religion of many of the elites in Hollywood and government today.
Speaker 2: You can see it.
Speaker 3: Horvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein epitomised Sabatanism.
Speaker 2: Salvation through sin. You deliberately break all the laws of.
Speaker 3: God and you throw yourself fully into the bauchery, so you celebrates, You celebrate sin instead of celebrating salvation.
Speaker 1: Yes, instead of instead of Christ sinless body. What you're doing is you're using the body to create sin and to celebrate that, and you point out salvation through that sin. It is an interesting juxtaposition. And then of course you know the wine aspect of Dionysius and the bacchanalia. You know, saying that it's not the wine is not representative of the blood, but you know it's uh, it's wine, and it's drunkenness, and.
Speaker 3: It's almost a religious ceremony that you engage in debauchery in getting drunk. This isn't a sober recognition of my sin led to the broken body and the shed blood of my savior, which is of course something of repentance and regrets in our hearts and souls as we look at it and think, you know, this is terrible, what my sin caused, the suffering that this caused my savior. But instead they are celebrating at debauchery, the celebrating drunkeness, and it's got almost a religious significance. They really do worship their sin. They celebrate this and they love this, and that is obviously the religion of many of the elites in the world today. Bear in mind that despite the huge amounts of outrage around the world the French Church, outraged Christians around the world, outrage and even Elon Musk and Donald Trump and the Speaker of the House of the Years, House of Representatives saying this is disgusting, this is shameful, this is outrageous. And yet the French present from Macron, he comes up and says, we're proud of this, and this ceremony is about who we are as frenchmen. And the Mayor of Paris also said that they out of this and this is wonderfulness. Represents who they are, you know, blasphemous drunkards and anti Christian pagans.
Speaker 2: They are actually proud. They're not actually rebuking this chapter.
Speaker 3: Now interesting that the person who put this together, you know, putting some freak show of perverts and people who look more like the degenerates in the Hunger Games, pan m the capital of the Hunger Games, a scenario, you know, all but they weirdly died here in they're bizarre outfits, and you've got the bearded man who's or the bearded woman who's who's dressed in this provocative type of dress in the whole lot of things hanging out and you know, absolutely gross, disgusting, bizarre freak show and transvestites and perverts and a whole LGBT crowd. They're not celebrating tolerance for all kinds of religious beliefs. They're celebrating only one kind of religious repeting. That's LGBTQ and the whole perverted brunch and the trans crowds. This is what was being promoted there, and this is what the French president and French mayor of Paris claims they're proud of, and this is about who we are. And they paid millions of euros to put together this whole event, which by the way, it's got more than that obviously, attacking the heart of our salvation. The salvation of Christ is very bad. But they all said, the pale writer of Revelation going writing down the Seine carrying the Olympic banner, and you know, the pale writer Hell follows off to him. And you can also think of the golden cough that's up on the platform with the Olympic rings, so that why would you choose a golden cough?
Speaker 2: And it reminds us of the It's.
Speaker 1: Just a question again, right well, yeah, remember what President Franklin Dinlan A.
Speaker 3: Roosevelt said, in politics, nothing happens by accident, and that was also in different words by the American Ambassador to Britain, Joseph Kennedy, the father President John F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Joseph Kennedy wanted in politics the honor accidents. And I think that this is true. And people don't spend tens of millions of euros on something if it doesn't the pitsmas what they believe.
Speaker 2: You can be sure.
Speaker 3: The opening for the Olympics was not just approved by the Olympic Committee. It was approved by the French governments and the Paris City Council because it represents all of them, and they wouldn't have been allowed to bring it to fruition unless it has been approved on the national municipal level as well as the International Olympic Committee level. And so that they've got all these bizarre things, including a figure of Mary Antoinette walking around the capitation with their head under arm, which is not even funny.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's disgusting.
Speaker 3: The French Revolution, they'rehitting thirty thousand people, including women and children. It just you know, it's not something to be proud of. It's part of French history. But you know, there's many other things that to celebrate. They could have John the Arc. I mean, you think of France has got some great history they could have turned to. Why did they have to terms to paganism and occultism and even anti Christian bless you? Is that really what they are about, is this epitomiz in the new world order and the powers that should not be I think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nihilism, as you point out, you know, the Pale Writer, the death that was there, the Golden Calf, all that stuff is very deliberate when they they think a great deal about the sets that they have and the symbolism that they put out there.
Speaker 4: There's not an accident.
Speaker 1: And as you mentioned, we've got Republicans who criticize it, but they're still going to fund it. And you've got Jill Biden who loved it. Jiel said this is just great, and so she loved it as much as the Marxist mayor of Paris and as much as Macron loved it. So they're getting what they want. And of course in the lead up to this, they're they're bragging about how they changed all the laws and they're setting up all kinds of surveillance and things like that, which is going to remain. That's going to be part of the infrastructure to create more surveillance, more of a police state. And so it is really pushing us into that new world order, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Incredibly so? And this isn't just the Olympics.
Speaker 3: We've been seeing statues and monuments to all kinds of pagan gods over the years. At the Athens Olympics, of course, that's Zeus. They had Athenia, they had Aeros, the god of Love, hanging over it all.
Speaker 2: They had under Eros.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of these frollicking, scantly planned people touching and releasing one another, and eers hopping over them. So they've had a bunch of pagan depictions centaurs, halfman, half horse launching.
Speaker 2: Shafts of life.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of Olympic ceremonies at Atlanti it was also extremely pagan and lots of the ancient pagan Greek gods. And after the Athens Olympics it was said Zeus must have been very pleased. Has so many people worldwide sung his praises and never has he had such a large flock. And so it seems that the powers that should not be the globalist, the new World Order, are using these Olympic events, which, let's face it, over a billion people watch these opening events. So this isn't somebody offended somebody at a school play. This is the biggest global event and the New World auto craft cannot help. They cannot resist the opportunity to promote their religion. I mean considered, if you or I were invited to speak at any major event, no matter where it is, we would inject our faith. I couldn't help you do it doesn't matter where I'm invited. I've been university's army basis, I've been in Muslim terror camps. I've been in Communists events, I've been in cults, churches, Mormons, service witnesses and others. At every occasion, I've brought in the Gospel. I can't help it. That's who I am, and I've got my message and I'll bring it in well. The International Olympic Committee chose a well known LGBTQ activist just into the trance movement and so on, to put together this whole debauchery on the Sane River. As some people said, this was insane because the name of the river is the same river. So what you saw was an insane opening ceremony to the Paris Olympics. And the whole ceremony was done on the same river.
Speaker 1: And it was like a like an open sewer, just like the saying itself as an open So the imagery as as well.
Speaker 3: As it isn't open because the seven seventy seven killime the river. It's like the heart of Paris, and Paris is built around the same river. And interestingly, you'll find it's almost impossible to believe. I mean, I don't understand how it's possible. They spent a billion euro, that's euro, a billion euro to clean up the seane so it would be clean enough for this operation. And Paris must do a lot of litten pollution. If it cost that much to clean up the river, I mean, I would have thought a million year could have done the job.
Speaker 4: But what do I know, But they didn't clean it up.
Speaker 1: They've got athletes who are in the hospital with THEKLA, I mean the two of them in the hospital, so it's pretty bad. You talked a lot about the original Olympics, and I think it is kind of interesting that you know, when to contrast the ancient Olympics with the modern Olympics.
Speaker 3: I think that's very important because when the Olympic committee also got under criticism because some Christian athletes have been forbidden to have Christian symbols on themselves. On one case, a man on a surfboard, a Brazilian athlete was warned, you get the imagery of Christianity orf your surfboard or you're disqualified from the Olympics. So when they were criticized, they said, well, the Olympics are very strictly non religious, really non religious.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 3: The Olympics have been from the very big being exceedingly religious, pagan, of course, but very religious. So the original Olympics were all done in the name of Zeus and in fact the old pantheon of Gods, and every athlete thatches fail egiants to Zeus. And there was a procession which involved taking the sacred fire the embers up to the temple of Zeus, and the priests carried the embers up and they put the fire in, which is now symbolized by the Olympic torch coming and lightsing, and that the torch has to start in Athens. It's all very symbolic ands on and so this is all pagan worship. And then they sacrificed a hundred bulls. There's a lot of animal sacrifice before, during, and after every Olympic game. So every single Olympic winner had to sacrifice after their winnings to the Temple of Zeus. And by the way, one of the rewards for the Olympic athletes who won was prostitutes from the temple of Aphrodites, meant to the goddess of Love, so of course are like goddess had lust. But the original Olympics were exceedingly pagan, lots of religious activities and for the Olympics Committee today to say we have strict neutrality, there's nothing religious. Well, what do you call worshiping Zeus and Eers and Dionysius and all these other things? Are they not religious? And I think when I say non religious, what they mean is non Christian because they're certainly not non religious. That is just not true. And so the original Olympics were exceedingly violent, by the way, not only with the killing of animals for sacrifices before the Olympics and after its and after every match, but there were One of the Olympic sports was pentachron and that was where you could use anything from choke holds, dislocations of arms, breaking of burns, one of the fact there was really almost no rules. And the one of the famous athletes, that is he was specialized in thrusting his fingers into person's abdomen and ripping us in testins. Another one of their contestants specialist breaking fingers, and so that was one of the sports. The four horse chariot racers were famous, exceedingly popular, you know, think Ben her But these chariot racers involved gory pile ups. People were often disfigured beyond recognition you know, very gory with people charing these things on, so that Olympics were really bloody Olympics, and not just violent to the poor animals who are sacrificed, but violent to the contestants. And by the way, the contestants had to compete completely naked. Of course, only men were allowed to participates. Women were not allowed if they were married. Married women were not allowed in the stands, and they'd risked the death penalty like being thrown off the nearby cliffs head first if they attended in the stands. But single women could attend, and prostitutes from the temple of Afroidaiti were part of the rewards for winning athletes. So, you know, the original Olympics. But I don't know why we couldn't have launched an international sports event that wasn't rooted in ancient Greek paganism and was such a trickered past.
Speaker 2: I mean, was it really necessary.
Speaker 3: I think it's time for us to launch a new form of international sports. We don't need the Olympics, and Olympics seem so corrupt and so anti Christians, so pagan and after this so blesphemous. I don't know how Christians can want to participate in. And I come from a sporting family. I've got several of my children have won national colors and represents that our country overseas. So my wife was very much into sports, and so we love sports. My father used to run the Western Cape Cricket Union. So I feel a little bit of a traitor to speak like this, but we are not against sports. Of course, Christians are not anti sports per se. We're against idology and paganism. But the Bible does have a lot of athletic terms. So we read in the Bible about running the race and keeping the faith.
Speaker 2: And in one.
Speaker 3: Corinthians nine of the apostle Paul speaks about every athlete goes into strict training to compete in the.
Speaker 2: Games, and they do it for a crown that will perish, but we do it for crown to last for eternity. And he speaks about.
Speaker 3: How we've got a subdure body and make our body our slave, that we will not be disqualified, so that we can run the racers to get the price.
Speaker 2: So these are good biblical images.
Speaker 3: One Timothy before we read that physical training is of some benefit. It's not of eternal benefit, but it is of some benefit. Our body is the vehicle with which our soul travels this earth to be useful on earth. So physical sports is lifted up as something commendable, much like being in the military or being a farmer is lifted up as a model of the Christian dsuption walk. We can learn from sports. And I remember being brought up in school in Rhodesia, where sports would taught us as to teach us how to be team players, to teach us how to play according to the rules, to be gracious winners, to be gracious losers, to play the game for the sake of doing it right. And so in some ways they said sports was preparing us for life. Other times they said sports was preparing us for war. Were told by some teachers, war is the real thing. Sports is just the practice, you know, where when you learn some of the skills that you're going to use in the battlefield, you learn on a sports field. And so I'm not against sports, but the Olympics have become absolutely debauched in pagan and the hostility to Christianity is subject you can understand why so many people, including Elon Musk and Hobby Lobby and others have said they're boycotting the Olympics, withdrawing advertising. And even after all this protest, you still have them the French present saying he's proud of this and this is what beyond, this is what we are as Frenchmen, as Parisians, and well it shows you they are so committed to their pagan religion that these powers that should not be the globalists are willing to alienate a lot of people, a lot of sponsors. It's not financially viable to do this. I don't know if you've noticed, but the stands are often empty and they are having trouble selling tickets to the Olympics. People are not filling the stands, people are boycotting, many are board out of their mind or disgusted. And so the Parasalympics have had the lowest attendants ever. They've never had such such bad attendants. And of course that's excluding the COVID cults lockdown lunacy of the Tokyo Olympics, which was postponed a here and then they stow it didn't allow spectators in the stands. It all had to be remokely, which that's going to be one of the most dull DoD.
Speaker 2: Olympics. Ever, you know.
Speaker 3: Watson Olympics will not spectators, well they seem to, but the masquerade, madness, lockdown, lunacy, salvation by vaccination, COVID culture was more important than the Tokyo Olympics. But now you can see their paganism and the anti Christian blasphemy is more important thing than a successful Olympics. Olympics are about sports, you would think, But notice how politics is intruding more and more.
Speaker 2: Now intriguingly, you.
Speaker 3: Might have noticed that Russia and Belarus are not allowed to take part in the Olympics in their own name, with the own flags, and they're not allowed to have the national anthem plate if any of them win anything. So they're they're as individuals, not under the country, the content march on the country's flag. Now, I find this interesting because throughout the entire Cold War, the Soviet Union was never excluded, even while they were oppressing and tormenting and murdering millions of their own citizens, and even while there so.
Speaker 4: That's the point.
Speaker 1: I had not heard anybody else to point that out. Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, just think that the Soviet Union was invading countries fermenting wars and terrorism all over the world. And when they invade Czechus Thevarki in nineteen sixty eight, when the invaded Hungary and nineteen fifty six, they were boycotted from the elections from the Olympics. So this is kind of interesting. But at the same time as the Soviet Union and Red China were watching in the Olympics with their red flags or their stars and hamazon sickles and so on, we and Rhodesia and South Afka were being boycotted from the Olympics. We couldn't take part because we were fighting for our lass against the same communist terrorism that the Soviet Union was sponsoring worldwide.
Speaker 2: Wow, and so little Refusia.
Speaker 3: And South Afka were not allowed to take part in the Olympics. For decades throughout the sixties and seventies and the eighties, we were being excluded from the Olympics. And to let politics in field with sports I think is so wrong. I don't think you should ever be boycotting a country because of the politics. The sportsmen should relate to participate, because isn't just what helps to less intentions and bring about reconciliation between nations and helps alleviate wars. When people can compete and meet with and interact with people of other nations that might be their political enemies, it is a good thing for the country. That's why we have student exchange programs and sports teams going across the world is a lot better than sending armies and bombers.
Speaker 2: Across the world.
Speaker 3: So I think the politicization of it is shameful, but the hypocrisy, the double standards is just so outrageous. How can the Olympic Committee exclude Russia now that they've escaped from communism, but they never boycott them when they were the most virulent, atheistic communist, aggressive nation, totalitarian state, smashing their neighbors and exporting terrorism and weapons of mass destruction all over the world. And we experienced it from us growing up because were in Rodisia. We're having a the million airline is shot down by Soviet Austrello missiles, heat seeking missiles, and the Samava has been cooked and eaten. I mean, for goodness sakes, what kind of a trustees And this sort of thing was going on in the seventies and re leasally couldn't go to the Olympics, but the Soviet Union could, so I must say I despised the International Olympic Committee's hypocrisy. You know, every kind of sin is bad, but the hypocrisy really offends God. And you can just read Mettic three to see what the Lord Jesus thinks of hypocrites, his speech against the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites all. And the committee is shocking in its hypocrisy, and the French government is discussing in a hypocrisy too, And for them to pretend that, you know, we're neutral when it comes to religion, and that note we never intended to offend anyone, and even light saying this wasn't meant to be based on the the leoodis aventual depiction of the last support, But people who participated in it said they knew that there were emulating the parading Leonardo da Vinci's iconic depiction of the Lord's upper and it was even on the program.
Speaker 2: So they lie, that's right, And then we're going to say intend to offend anyone. That's not true either.
Speaker 3: Because the person they chose to design it all was a well known LGBTQ plus pro Peter filiateup activists who they paid millions to produce this, and then he sayds them, says, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
Speaker 2: Of course he did.
Speaker 1: He said, sorry he got caught. Yeah, he's just sorry he got caught. You know the point that you were making too, And I didn't realize all those years that South Africa and Rhodesian anything were excluded from the Olympics. I remember though, the rabid competition between the US and Russia as to whom it got the most medals, and also with East Germany. You know, that was also a big part, and they weren't even total it up, you know, the countries behind the Iron Curtain versus the free countries, and here's how we're competing with medals and that type of thing. So it's always been a big nationalistic thing like that. It was always about the communists. But you're that's a very interesting point. They would allow the Communists to compete for that, but then when you were fighting the Communists they excluded you. Now you made a point about why don't we celebrate the heritage of life and liberty that have been the fruit of Christianity.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, because in fact, the only religion the world you're not to dinner grate is Christianity. Now, I think that's because it's only christian that's true, because they're not out there denigrating false religions. They're not out the dinner grating for example. Well, let's say, for example a kron or Muhammad. Well, first of all, that gets some serious violence back lash as they try to death. I mean, can you mention anyone trying to have ridiculing Muhammed or Islam in the opening of the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I mean unthinkable. Paris would be burning. So but they go to.
Speaker 4: Christian the energetic terror.
Speaker 1: My science is, when are they going to have a draw Mohammed opening at the ceremony they show how fair and even and they are. Yeah, they wouldn't do that, would they, especially not in Paris with all the migrants that they've got there.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean, can you I Mentionine having a depiction of Muhammad being a pig farmer or having a pig on his table.
Speaker 4: Or something like that. That's exactly I mean, why would they.
Speaker 3: Depict Jesus Christ as an obese trans woman and his disciples as a bunch of perverts and cross dresses and bearded woman, and you know, just the whole lgbt Q freak show, bizarre, and in a sense that's their evangelists. Jesus apostles are his evangelists. And the bread in the wines what's on the table symbolized his body broken on across his bloodshed for us, and so they replaced it with a pagan Greek god of the pauchery and wine. And you know he's a naked character vested in blue paints and blue. Yeah, it looks some people said it looks like the Smith. What on earth is this depiction? It's well, you know why he's blue as feces did. I mean it's a depiction as well. This is a did god, this Dynasius. But he symbolizes wine. I mean he's drunk himself to death basically. And this is where we should focus our visions of salvation, salvation incense, salvation through sin, not salvation from sin. We don't celebrate salvation, we celebrate sin. And this is what France and the EU and the New World Order actually do represent.
Speaker 2: Macron is right in it.
Speaker 3: They represent occotism, blesshem me, paganism, sabatanism. They love their sin they hate to say it.
Speaker 1: And it's also a war on women. As you were pointing out earlier, the women were not allowed to watch unless they were prostitutes or something, and under penalty of death, they would compete naked, but the women were kicked out. And so here we have a situation where you know, they had very violent fighting matches and stuff like that, but now we have women who compete in box, but now they're having men box the women. And so many people talked about that aspect how misogynistic it really is. At the very opening ceremony, they replaced it was supposed to be a man and a woman hold jointly holding a torch. Well they replace the woman with a tranny, and then they have some intersex guys who are beating up women and that sort of thing. But it is very misogynistic, and so the question is, you know, not only are they celebrating this culture that is pagan and debauched and everything, but it's also a very anti woman and you know, that culture of that religion, and that's supposed to be that another aspect of hypocrisy. They always claim they're for women, and yet when you look at this, it is very very anti women.
Speaker 3: Is in fact one of the way other feminists they meant to speak up for women, but in fact they've allowed trans men to be proclaimed women of the getting all kinds of women's awards.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 2: Supporting a man, excuse me, a man beating a woman in face. I mean, that's that's just so disgusting. And this woman was terrified and you know, they were afraid she had a broken nose, and so on. How is this sports and we.
Speaker 3: Mentor categories, you know, male, female and different categories in terms of weight when comes to boxing on, so that it's fair.
Speaker 2: This is not fair. This is not just this is not sports.
Speaker 3: This is abusive woman and women are seeing they're sports invaded. There's safe places, even the changing rooms invaded. Women are being excluded. And what are you saying when men are taking women towards and even women in their award this and what the thing is nobody can be a woman as well as a man, can.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just ridiculous. That's it's so disgusting.
Speaker 1: I think the well, you pointing out a heritage, you point out the heritage of Christianity, and you said, you know in your essay you were talking about out how the athletes were professionals and sometimes you know they'll be highly paid, as our professional athletes are today, but many times part of the compensation would be to be given a slave. Well, it was Christianity that abolished slavery, so the only culture that has abolished slavery, and slavery still exists in Muslim countries and that sort of thing to this day. But we also Christians abolished and fanticide, which these same people are bringing back. And then on the other side, Christians creating hospitals, libraries, universities, and colleges. These are the types of things that you know, it is anithetical to what they're doing, and yet they celebrate. We look at those things and we said, well, those are all good things. To save the babies and to recognize that women are equal to men before God. We have different roles, but they are equal in the side of God. That was a very radical change for the pagan world, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, You know, to study what the world was like before the time, across the world before the time, a crust was a world without charity, without kindness to strangers. It was a world without compassion or even respect for women. Women were treated as lower than slaves. And you know, no Hollywood film there's justice to the life of women before Christianity, because they will depict the woman walking around freely with open face in Roman and Athens and Sombers. Actually, no woman was allowed to walk around on their own in the ancient Roman and Athens. They had to go under male guardianship, even if it was a male slave. But a woman, even a free woman, a princess, couldn't walk around on her own. She didn't have that freedom. She always was under male control. They weren't allowed to even attend meals and own home without special permission. They were just meant to be busting around the kitchen and serving and that to be in their quarters. And there was such a lot of abusive women. Women couldn't walk sided with ut baring a veil. And this you wouldn't notice from the Hollywood films, because which actress wants to walk arounder the face obscured in these movies. But you know, if they were taking the ancient Rome or ancient Greece streets, they wouldn't have had these women walking around with their head and hair and face uncovered. They were compelled to be covered by law, they could get the death penalty for not bearing a veil, and you think that's only Islamic. That's the way the whole world was. Greek Romans before Christianity. Christianity deliberately worked to free women on every level. And just think of how the Gospel, the message of the Resurrection was first proclaimed by a woman. The first convert in Europe was a woman, Lidia. And you think how Mary Magnil was the first at the two men, the first to proclaim the resurrection. And Christianity gave women worth and respect that had never existed before. And only Christianity brought an into slavery. To think every practice slavery and human sacrificed, even to Rome and Greece, which is so well thought of. They were sacrificing not only strangers and slaves, even sacrificing their own children or wives on occasion. You think of how Agamen sacrifices and daughter at the beginning of the siege on Troy and in order to bring victory and favorable waves.
Speaker 4: Soon.
Speaker 3: So there's these Greek kings and Roman kings. They were doing all kinds of hideous things human sacrifices. Sherely sees it that human sacrifices on occasion, and so on, and now the world has something of a selective memory, and and now idealizes these pre Christian pagan societies of Greek and Rome and the Olympics, for example, But they don't recognize how Christianity has brought about everything good in this world.
Speaker 2: We would not want to live in.
Speaker 3: This world if it hadn't been for Jesus Christ and influence he and as followers and teachings have made on this world. If you just look at literacy universities, you need verity us.
Speaker 2: The very name, the.
Speaker 3: Etymologia of the word univillitus tests to christian Ologists. Most university profess today don't even believe in truth or one truth or that can be known. So I think the Pagans of today they should open up diversities, a versities, poly versities, but a university by definition should be Christian. It's Christians pioneered the universities, many cases ministers and missionaries.
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 3: In fact, even the whole Slavic language in alphabet was set to writing created by Christian missionies to Russia. So the whole Slavic alphabet. When the Communists used to write out their dates and so on, they were having to use an alphabet designed by Christians. And even today when we speak by Paris Olympics twenty twenty four, twenty twenty four, what yes, Lord, even the dates tests pars to the centrality of plus. We haven't built our dating system on the birth of Julius Caesar, or Muhammad or anyone else.
Speaker 2: It's or Colin Mark.
Speaker 3: Dating system is on Jesus Christ, the most important person who ever lived. He split the river of the ages asunday here is the hymne of history. All of history is dated BC before Christ and Antidomity in the year of our Lord AD. And they might even try to change it out to BCE and CE, but it's still centered around the life of Jesus Christ. He is the one who split our dating system into going backwards in BC and FORD and AD. So even the very name Paras Olympics twenty twenty four tests fast to Christ. Every atheist, pagan and blasphema tests fast to the centransit of chrust when a rite to date, and even the fact that we have a seven day week is because of the acts of creation. God created the world in six days in the rest in the seventies. The very name restaurant, it first came from Paris, and it came from the scripture Matthew eleven twenty eight, coming to me, all you're very in heavy light, and I will give you rest. The whole scripture is put on the outside of the first establishment for easy in a pleasant environment. And over the years they shortened it to restaurant, which of course it's all the French. But the very term restaurant tests for us to this came from Christianity. And there's so many things that in our society we take for granted, like if you say goodbye, it comes from the older English, God be with you. That's why the spelling is so you know, it's an English prayer, God go with you. And in fact, if you go to Austria today they greet you with bruesport or greetings in God. In Switzerland' abbreviate to Gritsy and so again again you can see Christianity is throughout our Western societies and they're forgetting it. In fact, they're not forgetting it, they deliberately trying to obscure it and denigrate it and replace it with debauchery. There's a consistent effort in Europe, especially by the EU.
Speaker 2: Just think of that.
Speaker 3: European Union has built their parliament in Strasburg, and I've been there.
Speaker 2: It's like the Tower of Babel.
Speaker 3: It's an incomplete building with the even the scaffolding on the outside. It's based on Google's depiction of the town Babel, who is a Belgian artist. And you go to Brussels in a pinia too, they've got a statue outside the EU building of a woman writing a beast for goodness s a woman writing a piast?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he's of antiprost.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Even Richard Dawkins recently was saying, you know, he still doesn't like Christianity, but he really likes the fruit of Christianity. You know, let's cut down the tree, but let's try to keep the fruit somehow. And Elon Musk in many ways said similar things, not as not as direct and as you know, spreading it out like Dawkins said, Oh yeah, I love the culture of the Christians, and I love the cathedrals, and I love the you know, Christmas music and stuff like that, but that is the type of thing people. Here's the key, and this is what I liked about your essay. If you go back and you look at the original Pagan Olympics, it tells you so much about their society. And if we look at that and what the elites are pushing towards, pushing us towards, we can see what they admire, and we can see that what they want to do is take us back to that kind of a situation where there's a few people running everything and the rest of us are poor and slaves and living in mud huts. That really is what they're doing, and of course exercising that against a lot of the athletes in terms of removing their air conditioning, removing meat for the most part, having them sleeping on cardboard beds, and all the rest of this stuff. They want austerity, they want slavery, and that's what we're going to get with this kind of pagan society. So I think it is very interesting to go back and look at what these people admire and what they worship and the kind of society that they want to take us into. An I think that is all there to some degree in the Olympics.
Speaker 4: What do you think it is.
Speaker 3: I think you know, what we're seeing is the powers that should not be of putting on display what they want as a globalist religion. Now bear in mind Revelation thirteen warns us of a one world government with a one world economic system and a one world interfaith's religion. And so they have it in Revelation thirteen wanting the beast is wanting to.
Speaker 2: Impose a one world religion.
Speaker 3: And what's standing in a way, Well, those obnoxious individuals to say, my conscience is captive word of God, Jesus is the way, the truth in life. No one comes the Father. But then they don't want that. They hate Christianity. Christianity is true, and Christianity, of course, teachers that leaders should be servants, the very constant of civil servants. I mean very fact that Britain has a prime minister. A minister means a deacon, a servant. So the prime minister is the first servant. And you've got cabinet ministers who used to sign the letters to your humble servants. This comes from Jesus teaching that the lords of the gentiles, they lorded over them, and they call themselves benefactors. But it is not to be like that. With you the greatest amongst, you must be like the least, and like the youngest. You should be the servant of all. And so Jesus taught servant leadership, and he modeled servant leadership. I mean, the Lord got on his knees, took a towel and cleaned the feet of his servants when his disciples when people walking with sandals through streets that were dusty and dirty and filthy, and you know donkeys and horses walking around, and you can imagine it would have been a dirty job to clean people's feet when they came into the house. You'd normally leave your sandals at the door, but now you're sitting on couches for eating, so you know that one person says close to that person's feet, and they want to have clean feet, especially for the meal time, the lorst lasts supper. The Lord does the humblest task. And this is this is the leadership of a Christian. The Christian leader leads from the front, He leads by example, and he serves. And that is even a Christian concept that we don't have big chiefs emperors who you know, cost the instructions and like the pope who expects people to kiss his toes and things like that. No, Christian leadership is servant leadership, where we care for the people. You do it as under the least of these you've done to me. And so why would Christianity not be respected and why would people not be grateful to it? But no, at the Olympics, they're choosing every single Olympics to celebrate the pagan religions which all abused women, were involved in, animal cruelty, human sacrifices, occultism and paganism. Why would they want to replace Christianity with paganism? And you know who if today wants to say I think slavery is a good thing, I think abusive women is a good thing, Well they might think it, but they're not going to easily say it. But they want to celebrate and lift up that which is pro slavery and pro debauchery and paganism and abusive woman. And that shows you, as you said earlier, that's the hidden goal. They must like that. You wouldn't be lifting up and worshiping it if you don't think it's good and a model. And what if you want for the future you I'm not going to spend in some cases one hundred one hundred million pounds or one hundred million euros on opening ceremonies if it wasn't presenting the message you want. I wouldn't spend a dime on a printing job or any project that didn't draw offy price and present the Solar scripture a personal beliefs that are at the hearts of my faith. And I can begt that these pagans are not going to be putting one hundred million euros into something that that don't wholeheartedly agree with. And just like I proof read every single line in letter over and over before I give the authorization for the printer to go ahead with the print job I want done, there's no way that these powers that be didn't approve everything of this Olympic before. Somebody thought of this golden cough. Somebody thought of this pale writer. Somebody thought of a decaptured Mary Internet walking around with her head under arm, and things like this. Somebody thought of let's put some trans women in the place of Jesus, and let's put a bunch of freaks in LGBTQ bearded women, and things like this. With a child, my dear. I mean, what's a drag queen without a child in this last subject? And somebody thought to this, and everybody signed off for us. The President of France, the Mayor of Paris, probably the whole City Council, the whole IOC, the must have all approved us ahead of time. It wouldn't have gone ahead without their approval, all the way up to national and international. So this what they're telling us is, this is what we believe, is what we stand for. This is what we want, which includes nothing but contempt for Christianity, not even an acknowledgment of Christianity, as depicted in the Notre Dame and the Notre Dame cathedral.
Speaker 4: I've been.
Speaker 3: There's a magnificent cathedral stood for a thousand years. It's burned down. Interesting, while Notre Dame was burning, it was while it was still burning, President Macron said, Arston has been. It's not as others. In a fibergate, you cannot determine that. You cannot determine the cause of a fire before the fire is out. It takes a lot of forensics afterwards. And in the fibergate we were often being rushed to give a verdict. We would not give a verdict until we had examined the evidence. And yet the Paris fire department and police department not allowed to investigate. They were just told that and the president said, we've ruled out Arsen. That was a year where there were a thousand two hundred attacks on churches in France in one year, a thousand two hundred, and that's churches desecrated, bond burned, damage in different ways, all by Muslim je artists, but not to damn the most iconic picture of Paris, the greatest architectural masterpiece in France. That was definitely not Arsen, I said the present. So they just could not afford to allow people to see this is the fruit of our multiculturalism, bringing people hate Christianity and so on. And they had spaces of arson attack it yet and that just does not to them. You can't even look there. For us, it's not awesome, ruled out. The fireman was still fighting the fire, the fires were still blazing, and Chris McConn really put it down, this is not awesome.
Speaker 4: We've ruled it out.
Speaker 3: And how could they on a political basis, but not in a forensic basis, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, and of course the true arseness was Macron himself. He wants to burn down the country and he knows he can do it with the migrants and the policies that they have. But it truly is amazing. And you know, we've had again several people recently from Dawkins to Elon Musk talking about the fruit of Christianity, but of course they reject the root of Christianity. You can't have Christianity without Christ. You can't have Christianity without the Bible. They don't want any of that morality. They don't want Christ at the center of this. And we can see if we look back where this is all taking us in the future, if we go down that dark path. It's great talking to you and very insightful. I really enjoyed listening to you. And let me give your website again. And is it mission plural or mission singular? Frontline mission? Miss bookland mission is a okay, frontline mission s A dot org is where people can go to find your books that you have there as well as to keep up with the busy life and ministry that you've got going there in South Africa. And it truly is amazing all the different places that you have gone uh in hostile areas that you have gone in terms of Marxists as well as Muslims, and the different areas and amazing stories that you've got about how God has taken his word in different places. And so I really do appreciate your faithfulness and fearlessness and putting that out there and taking it into these dark areas. We just have to make sure that we keep the lights on here at home as well.
Speaker 4: Right at starting to go.
Speaker 3: Out, I'm getting deeply concerned for the West, and I think back to how Gineral William Booth wrote the book in Darkest England back in eighteen hundreds, but I think that's more true now. So much in the West, the capitals of the West, France and Britain are turning away from Christ and turning deliberately to paganism. Atheism is long anything but Christianity. And I'm deeply concerned in the United States, and your whole future is at stake, and I trust that people are praying for a biblical return. We need it back to the Bible Reformation. We need a heaven send holy Spirit and powered revival.
Speaker 1: That's right, We've going to come from the bottom up. It's going to start with each and every one of us, and so that's us to start with us family, you know, and then moves up to the government.
Speaker 3: That truly is there's no salvation in politics. Anyone who's waiting for the government to save us is definitely deluded. We've got to start on the ground, up streets, evangelism, personal prayer, family by family devotions, one individual at a time. We've got to win our countries back to Christ. Europe became Christian by the who hard of missionies like Bonifest and evangelists like George Whitfield and John Wesley. We've got to have these hard core of angelists, the deal moodies that transprigents. We need dedicated servants of God, and we need the foot soldiers on the ground too, winning neighbors, friends and families to Christ. We've got to work very vigorously because our whole civilization is in danger of falling to chaos and paganism. We don't want ad age of paganism. We want to go further into the future in the lights of Christ. And I think you've just seen in Paris some of the darkness, including a full on blackout across the whole city of Paris the day after the mocking of Christ at the insane opening Cerebonies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was interesting, wasn't like that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? So, yeah, it is. It's going to be done one by one. They want to they want to destroy the family. Men need to take the leadership in this. But the hand that rocks the cradle rules of the world. As I used to always say, that's why they don't want families. They don't want motherhood. Motherhood is devalued like everything else. But that's that's the important thing. So we take it back from the bottom up. We take it back with our relationship with Christ, our family's relationship with Christ. Frontline missionsa dot Org. Thank you so much, Peter Hamman appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And if I can say last words here and that is the best way for you to revolt against this revolting, disgusting New World disorder is to be straight, get converted, love Christ, study your Bible, get married, have lots of children, homeschool them. I mean, this is this is the way that we will beat the New World order. When we you know, they want you to abandon Christ. We embrace Christ. They want you to keep quiet, we will preach the gospel. They don't want you to pray. We will pray. So the thing is whatever the state and the globalist new world order in Hollywood's telling you to do do the opposites. And that's a pretty good rule of something.
Speaker 1: That's the way to do it. Thank you so much, Peter, appreciate it. Have a get Thank you, David, Thank you, God bless you. AI parenting tips these are the you know, this is the AI that's going to make decisions about whether or not you should be able to get a home loan or move into a rental place, all these types of things. And the question is about Google's AI telling parents giving parents a tip on how to potty train their young children, telling them that they need to smear poop on a balloon. I think smearing poop on a balloon is why you potty train them. How to teach wiping during potty training, the AI says, make it fun. You can try a balloon bathroom activity where you put a little poo on a balloon and then tape it to a chair. Have your child practice reaching around to wipe the balloon. Well, this may be a excrement hits the fan scenario. That thing pops right the idea, And where did it get this idea? It looked at a video that's out there that is one of the high ranking videos, and what the person was doing was they were showing shaving cream or they were showing peanut butter or something like that. I mean, put this on the balloon and teach your kid about wiping, you know, using this Pooh you know, quote unquote Pooh. Well AI didn't get the fact that that was not actually Pooh, first of all. Secondly, I don't know who came up with this kind of crazy idea anyway. I mean, do you really need to you really need to model wiping by putting I don't think you're gonna need to do this, Dravis. I'm not giving you any parenting tips here, but I except I would say, this is absolutely not the way it has been taught for many, many generations. If you do this and it worked out for you, that's fine. Don't write meaning letters. I don't want to know. But they emphasized shaving cream or peanut butter. But Google AI did not get that memo. So when we asked Google point blank whether it was a good idea to wipe poop on a balloon. It said yes, and then it broke down the balloon method in detail, telling us that we should use a little bit of poop, start with a small amount of poop, yeah, and then you can build up two big amounts of poop until it pops. And so again, it came from it's misunderstanding. But those are the that's what we should have making decisions. And in Nevada they've always California grabbing nuisance, wants to do it for a lot of different departments. But in Nevada they've already started putting AI in charge of deciding whether or not somebody should be able to get unemployment benefits and paid Google. The same people are telling you to put poop on a balloon. They got these wonderful experts with their science, you know, the science like PCR stuff and everything. And here's the problem, these kind of decisions. As they bring in artificial intelligence into government, into banking, into you know, rental property owns, AI is going to rapidly be seen as unchallengeable because hey, it's an expert, it's the computer, it's science, right, it's all. And fifty years ago they were telling people don't trust this simply because you got a computer print out, garbage in, garbage out, just because somebody did a computer model or a program that does make it right. This does not have some special anointing from God because it's a computer print out, you know, with somebody who put that in for as a human who put that in there, and they all humans are putting all kinds of bias and nonsense into the AI stuff as well. But nevertheless, that memo, just like the usual poop on the balloon, the fact that you don't give real credibility to these computer print outs, that's somehow been lost on people. That's harder to understand than the fact that the AI would think that it was real poop on the balloon. People think that this is real truth because it came out of a computer. All right, welcome back and joining us now is Jay Warner Wallace. He's been a guest once before. We've talked about his background. He was a cold case detective. This is somebody who goes back and investigates murder cases, things that don't have a statud limitations, murder cases where perhaps all the witnesses have died and he's just going back looking at the physical evidence of it. He's now written a book called The Truth and True Crime, and I love the tagline here, when investigating death teaches us about the meaning of life. It looks like a fantastic book, and so I wanted to get him on to talk about that one as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us, sir.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks for having me. I really appreciate. This is my favorite book I've written so far, so I'm glad to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it looks like a great angle, and you know, and something that you know really affects all of us, and everybody loves the crime aspect, and the things that you glean from it too are really interesting.
Speaker 5: I think, Yeah, I think there's actually some hidden Like I was not a Christian through all my career, but to you know, the first eight years or so, I was not a believer until I was thirty five. I became a believer by examining the Gospels kind of from a forensic perspective. How do we know or why would we trust if we tested these people was eyewitnesses. Why would we even think Number one, that they are written by eyewitnesses or even anybody who had access to eyewitnesses? And if you did believe that, how would you test them to see if they could pass the test? Now, once I was in I started to look at human behavior a little bit differently. Right, if you work murders, you are seeing people at their rawest point, the point at which all of the kind of bars are off. I mean, this is Sadly, when you get to the point where you're willing to do something crazy like this, it's probably because you've been pushed to a certain limit and your true nature is now going to be revealed, and it really, I think, exposes all of our true nature. So I wanted to write a book that has talked about like, what are these attributes fifteen attributes of human flourishing that I discovered in fifteen separate crime stories, and then talk about you know, is that something number one that Yeah, secular people, they do studies on this and they confirmed that this is these are fifteen things that if you simply embrace these fifteen principles you will have a better life. But it turns out these are fifteen ancient descriptions of human nature from scripture that people, for the most part, think they're discovering them. In the last three three decades, when in fact, these have been on the pages of the New Testament for two thousand years. And so I really wanted to do a book where I kind of demonstrated.
Speaker 1: That that's amazing. Yeah, it's And why did you do a forensic investigation of Christianity in the first place.
Speaker 5: Well, I was thirty five, so I was probably about nineteen ninety five or six, right in that range. It took me about eighteen months, I would say, to complete that stuff. That was I was so skeptical and not raised around Christians or anybody really believed in God in a way they could articulate. So I didn't have like a leg up like somebody who could say, hey, look at this or look at that. I had to commit a raw and so I bought my first Bible. I was thirty five, and it took me a while to kind of go through the Gospels, and I was just tearing them apart from just word usage, you know, all the attributes. I wrote about this in a book called Cold Case Christianity, and that book just kind of covers that journey. But that's something that'll get you to the point where you might believe it's true. Look, I think that as a boomer, as somebody who's older, I have a high value for whether something is true or not, and there are people in my generation would probably agree, But I don't know that that's the case for young people Gen Z and millennials. I think they're not as concerned about whether something's true because they've co opted that word that war doesn't mean it's true anymore. It means it's true for me.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: It's true based on my lived experience, or it's true based on how I have applied it to my life. Doesn't mean it's true for them.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: When I use the word true, I'm using it in a more objective way. But it's true for all of us, whether we like it or not. I think that this generation I'm talking to now is more concerned about whether or not it's good because they believe they've been sold by the culture that Christianity is the source behind every evil intent, misogyny, racism, homophobia, whatever it may be. It's really they are going to attribute to it to this traditional Western culture worldview that we hold as Christians. So I wanted to show that, Yeah, but if you didn't believe in Christianity, you're probably already employing its teaching if you're flourishing, and the more you detach from its teaching, the more you're going to struggle. So I just look, this is what we're seeing in culture, And so I wrote a book this time which really looks at all of the data. So most of my books I spent a lot of time researching. And although this book has about fifty pages in the printed edition of footnotes, there are two hundred pages in the PDF file we provide online. Why because I want you to see that if I'm making this claim, it's supported by the data. But it turns out that that data simply supports what was claimed in Scripture two thousand years ago. So it's eye opening for me to realize that our human It makes sense though. Think about it. If we are designed by a creator God who knows something about us, and we are in his image, then it turns out that that book we have called Scripture called the Bible, ought to describe us the way we really are. Yes, And if it does describe us the way we really are, you could consider that at least I was listening to a pundit who usually talks about politics recently, who's Jewish, and when asked when he defends why he's Jewish, he says, well, because it turns out that these principles work. M Oh, that's interesting, and he sees that as an evidence that the worldview is true. Okay, And by the way, that may or may not be an evidence that your worldview is true. But it strikes me that if your worldview is true, it ought to describe you the way you really are. And so in that sense, it could provide you with some insight into your human nature and how you could flourish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be necessary, not necessarily sufficient, but it would be necessary for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, true, right, that's right, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the most surprising thing that you found out about human being?
Speaker 4: And investigating this?
Speaker 5: Well, so every chapter is a crime story, right. So in one of these stories, I talk about celebrity and how sometimes when you are a local, especially in the gang cultures, if you're somebody who's known locally, you kind of become like a celebrity in your own neighborhood or at least in your own click or your own gang. And I've got one of these stories here to show how detrimental our pursuit of celebrity is. And the reason why I wrote that chapter is because I don't think it's just it's not just a few of us who are seeking celebrity anymore. I mean, there are no gatekeepers. You know this, even think about it. We are able not to develop our own personal platforms without a gatekeeper at NBC, ABC or CBS that used to be or Salem right whatever the radio station was that used to be the gate cape keepers that kept people from becoming a celebrity. Those are gone. So now all of us, if we can develop a following, we can make it from zero to a million listeners without any support. And that's where I think we have to be careful. It turns out the one of the most powerful attributes that we could adopt as humans that would change your life. As a matter of fact, if you simply embraced this virtue, you will have increased flourishing in every single metric that we use to actually measure human flourishing, longevity, mental health, physical health, the deepness of your relationships. That will improve your marriage. I'll make you a better employer, a better employee. You'll learn at a higher level, you'll get better grades, you'll make more money. I mean, every way that we measure flourishing improves if you simply adopt this one thing, and it's really the opposite of celebrity. It is the attribute we know as humility. Now, they've been studying this for about three decades and looking at all kinds of studies that are out there that talks about how humble people succeed at levels that are far higher than the rest of us, and why that might be true. Okay, fine, but it turns out that humility is one of those. I think if I ask people, hey, what do you think the one attribute you could adopt that would help you in every aspect of your life at a higher level than anything else, I don't think many people would come up with humility. Yeah, but it turns out, yeah, it is actually the thing we need to embrace. Now, what's interesting about that. Think about every worldview that's out there, None of them leverage humility, like the Christian worldview. What I mean is, if your theistic worldview, your spiritual worldview, encourages you to do these certain things to reach the highest level that your spiritual worldview offers. In other words, if it is about earning something, it's a transaction between you and God, a transaction between you and the universe. There's no way to avoid pride in that kind of a system, because at some point you're going to look across the room and say, I'm doing better than that did. We measure based on our achievements, right. And I have a friend who's now no longer with this name, Mike Adams. Mike and I would travel and do a lot of events together, and he used to always tease Hey. Ill writ in this book how to become a humble in ten easy steps and how I made it in eight You know, it's like this, there's no way that you can pursue humility without at some point doing just the opposite and becoming prideful. So it turns out that humility is something you It's an assessment. Spurgeon calls it the proper assessment of who we are before a holy God. Now Christianity leverages this because it's the one worldview that says, no, it's not a transaction. There's nothing you can do to earn this. As a matter of fact, if whatever the highest thing you think you hope to achieve in your worldview is, we're going to give it to you. It's a free gift over here. Why so that Paul says, no one can boast. It's an antidote to pride and celebrity. It's an antidote to look what I did is look what's been done for me. This view requires us to begin in humility, because to say that, Okay, there is God and it's not me, well, it's a very humble position. I'm not the God of my own I'm not the center of my own decision making universe. Well, this begins and ends in our savior, says Pulses, have the attitude that Jesus had, who, although he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but instead emptied himself taking the form of a bond servant, taking the form. In other words, it's all humility start to finish, And as difficult as that is for us to achieve, if we don't recognize its power in our lives, we'll never even try to submit, will never even begin to let go of the things that possess us. So I just want to spend one chapter in these fifteen chapters talking about the role that celebrity plays. And by the way, almost every crime you're going to, every crime you're going to commit, is driven by different chapter. But these three prideful motives, it's the pursuit of money, the pursuit of sex, or the pursuit of power. Now, that pursuit of power, that's a huge category of misbehavior, and that's where celebrity fits all of us. Look, you and I both would we like more people to listen to what we're saying. Of course we would. So although we might protect ourselves from the pursuit of money and the pursuit of sex, knowing that that can derail us, we don't usually protect ourselves from the pursuit of celebrity. In fact, what we typically do is want to increase that area of our life. So we can We'll argue, oh, because I want to reach more people with this divine message. Really, so we will increase the celebrity. Now, now here's the danger in it, and this is a different chapter, But there's a danger in this. I have never known anyone of those three motives for misbehavior, and there are only three. There's not a fourth motive. There isn't. Now you can discover this secularly working as a homicide detective, or you can discover this on the pages of Scripture because John writes about it in one of his letters. But the point is, those are only three motives out there for stupid, and if you don't protect yourself from those three motives for stupid, you will eventually do one of them. Now here's what I've noticed. If you begin to scratch one of those itches, you will eventually scratch the other two because the other two become available to you on the basis of what you've achieved in the third. So you see this, and even Christian leaders right where they fall for someone. Why, Well, here's why, in my opinion, is because as a congregation, or as your deacon board or your elder board, they're trying to protect their pastors from the sex and money. But everyone wants their pastor to be known more so they can build a bigger church. And when you increase your celebrity, you only open the door to the other two. So this is why I've struggled with this even in writing this book, because as I'm writing this book, if I'm going to heed my own advice, I have to do less of this because it turns out all of this talking about a book you've written is about you trying to amplify your platform, amplify your influence in culture. And that's I think there's a good by the way. All three of these things have been designed by God for his glory and for our good. We just happened to distort them. So sex, money, in power is something that God is giving us in a positive way. This is another chapter in the book. It's a chapter about a guy who was basically homeless and was killed. And I'm thinking, what are these three motives? What did this killer have to gain from this homeless guy who was so sweet They called him Santa Claus because he looked like Santa Claus and he was as sweet as Santa Claus. And what does he offer in terms of sex, money, or power that would be worthy of killing him? Well, here's what happens is that when we focus on those things that are given to us by God instead of on the God who gave him to us, we're stopping one level short of our worship. And we all worship. Everyone worships, whether you're a believer or not. There is something that you think as of utmost importance that you dare not take that from me, because that's the thing that I covet and this idolatry is what causes us. So in this particular case, this poor guy had had slipped over. They were he was recycling stuff.
Speaker 4: Every day.
Speaker 5: He would go out, spend the first half of his day picking up trash cans, going through trash cans and picking up recyclables. Then he would take them to the recycling center and get this stuff money to go, and he would buy alcohol and food in the afternoon. And that was his day every day, very very workmanlike. And he had slipped into an area of our city that another guy who was doing the same thing felt was his alley. Don't be picking trash out of those two cans. And although the amount of money that Santa Claus probably got from that was what pennies dollars, maybe it was enough. So he confronted this guy. He confronted the Santa Claus and said, don't be doing that anymore at a recycling center, and Santa Claus kind of just blew him off. Well, it turned out in that one moment he had triggered the two of the three things. Number One, he had disrespected him. So the idea of power, authority, respect. That's in the third category. Now I'm upset because you disrespected me in front of my peers two taking pennies or dollars. But because I've turned both of these things, I covet them at a high level. I've now turned them into idols. You are not try to destroy my idols. And that night he stabbed him too death over virtually nothing. This is the power of idolatry. And by the way, it's not just people you work and working homicides, it's all of us. And so on that chapter. What I try to do in every chapter is show you, hey, if this is your struggle, whatever these things are, here's a way for you to address it. And in this chapter, I just ask fifteen questions, like what you want to know what your idols are? Because we all have them, Well, ask these fifteen questions and you probably identify them. And then once you've identified him, we can start to actually think, Okay, look, it's something that God has created it rather than the God who created it. We simply have to transfer our worship up one levels, just from the level where we're stopped in God's creation and back to the creator and so it's something that if you you do it, you will flourish. Will you will not Number one, you'll protect yourself from stupid and number two, you'll actually start to pursue the things that contribute to a meaningful life.
Speaker 1: And you do that, you do that with thankfulness because when you say you thank God for what that is and sincerely think about what it is that God is giving you, you look at it as not something that you've achieved, then that does move it to the higher level.
Speaker 4: And yeah, with that right.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm I'm skipping across a number of different chapters here, but yeah, I think you're right. I think the part of it is is that what I've discovered, and it is true of all of us, is the least thankful people are the people who think they have nothing to be thankful for. Or the least forgiving people are the people who think they have nothing to be forgiven for. So it does turn out that a proper assessment of who you are, because it's really easy for me to think, well, everything I've got in my life I achieved that. Yes, I am the reason for all my success, the reason for everything I've ever possessed. Okay, if that's your view. You well, that kind of pride is it doesn't lead any more positive. That's right, because anytime anyone challenges that that might not be the case, you're now offended. And so it turns out that whatever it is we've worshiped that becomes the master, the Master that you dare not question, the Master that I'm now willing to give up tons of time for resources for.
Speaker 1: I can say that, you know, I had that early on when I was young. I had a lot of successful a lot of stuff very easily, and I did think it was what I had done. And I got to say, it was such an amazing blessing for God to take that away from me and humble me, you know, And that's exactly what it was. And I thank God for that taking that away from me, the biggest blessings of my life.
Speaker 5: And you're absolutely and I think you and I as guys, we are even more prone to this because and this is a different this chapter two of the book. It's an identity issue for us. I mean a lot of it is is that I don't have my as a Christian. I ought to have my identity in Christ. But the way we form identity and I covered this in the book. We don't typically form it that way. What we typically do instead is we form it as men in our achievements, in what it is we've achieved. So if I asked, you know, who are you David, Well, You're going to say I'm the host of the show. If you said, who are you Jim, Well, I'm a cold case detective.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Is that who I am?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 5: I haven't been in a dayline episode in three years. Okay, I need at some point you need to say, Okay, who are you really?
Speaker 2: Jim?
Speaker 5: And this struggle of identity is so key to how we function in the world because identity is really exposed as our forms of worship, Because I guarantee, as men, we typically form our worship based on what we do. You know identity when you study it in the surveys and the research on this, it's inseparable from value and purpose, And unfortunately a lot of us form our identity based in reverse. In other words, we asked the actual where am I valuable? What am I good at? What do I have purpose in? That's who I am? Rather than say, well, no, who am I? I want to form my value and purpose based on my identity first, not my identity based on my value and purpose, because that's the problem, because there's nothing but pride that comes out of forming your identity based on what you're good at, because it's about what you're good at. Yes, so this is and it's the biggest, one single move that leads to contentment, is to reform your identity not based on what you can achieve, but based on what you receive from a holy God.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. When you're talking about that, you say, you know, how do you define yourself? Is it the show that you have, is it the book that you've written, or is it the career that you have. It makes me think back to the Austrian Empire when they would have their emperors die. They had these big, elaborate funerals and they would take them to this amazing crypt Actually I've been there with my family to see this thing, and it truly is amazing. And they would have as they bring the body into there, up they would knock and the person inside would say who goes there? And they would give all of the big political titles. You know, he's an empire of the empire of this and the king of that, and all the rest of this stuff. I don't know him. And then they would knock again and they say who is it, and he would give family relationships right that he has, I don't know him, And then he'd knock a third time and it would say, and it's a humble sinner rons Joseph, I know him.
Speaker 4: Enter. You know. That's a kind of an interesting thing. Awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a that's an awesome just a word picture of what we're talking about here. Now, this is something that is and I don't know how much time we have on this, but let me just say I've got a friend named Joe Martin who's a doctor, who is a philosopher and a theologian.
Speaker 4: We got plenty of time, by the way.
Speaker 5: So he says that men are all about the Asians. When we have conversations, it's all about the Asians. And I think it does expose how we form identity. So here, for example, he would say, when we meet another guy, we shake hands and we say what do you do for station? Is occupation? Okay, that's the first aation. And when we're not really asking what do you do? We are because of how we form identity, as meant we're asking who are you now? As we ask that, all identity, remember, is comparative. It's not about well, how wealthy are you, it's how wealthy are you compared to this guy or everybody else. That's how you know if you're wealthy, how smart are you compared to others? Sadly, identity is formed by comparing, and that's why it's so prideful, right, because we have a tendency to say, well, I'm better over here, I'm better over there. So occupation is the first dation, and then what we're measuring. We're saying, okay, well I know what that job requires in terms of education. Secondation, we're now we're saying, well he's better educated or I'm better educated. We're measuring here we are in that first conversation with another guy, and by asking what is your occupation, we're starting to measure the other asians. Second one is education. Third, well, we're asking, well, I know what that makes. If you're a surgeon, I know you're making some or if you're an accountant, whatever it is, you're measuring compensation. That's the next station. So at some point then you're asking, too, how good are you at this? You could be a doctor, but just be a terrible doctor. Reputation is the next ation. What are we doing here, Well, we're measuring based on we're assigning value based on the answers here. And if you're a guy, if you're a cop, especially, you could be somebody who's that's got nothing more than a high school education and you're working as a patrol officer and I've been making that much money. You've never tried to do anything other. But if you're six foot eight and cut like a Greek god, you're still the biggest dog in the room. Because now it's about intimidation the last ation. So I think he's got a point. It's very unlighten.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that for all of us. If you're not a guy, you're a woman, and you're listening to this, then there's probably some other level of But be honest, we do this all the time. And because identity is comparative, it really takes it rears its head, most notably in group gatherings where you're introducing yourself because now you're getting the opportunity to compare. Well, there's the danger in it, and identity becomes the thing that sadly is behind so much of our trauma and struggle. This is a separate chapter of this book. I'll give you an example of this. We would do a lot of work now with officers to Billy Graham Association in the summer. So we're getting ready to leave in two weeks here to do the first of six weeks of counseling for marriage resiliency for officers who have been involved in critical incidents and now they're struggling in their marriage. And sometimes they only get there before they get a divorce. They get a divorce, they say, we're not coming. I always say, just hold on, just try to get through this trip first before you make a decision that big. But this is that the dire straits therein Okay I discovered by three or four years ago. The thing that is the biggest struggle for officers is, especially if you're injured, is identity. It turns out that if you were to look at all of the trauma in your life, whatever it was, if it was an injury, you suffered, a divorce, a loss of a job, a child being loved, whatever you lost, whatever it was you suffered in a trauma, you'll see that at that same point you were suffering the trauma, you had a relatively dramatic shift in your identity. You thought of yourself as married. Now you're divorced, you see yourself differently. Identity is simply how you continuously see yourself. The self is at the issue, and every time you suffer a trauma, you suffer an identity shift. So it's interesting that trauma typically causes an identity shift, but the opposite is also true. An identity shift often causes trauma. So if you wanted to protect yourself from trauma or minimize that kind of trauma you'll experience, you need to put your identity inside something that can't be shifted, stolen from you, taken from you, bruised in some way, damaged in some way. And of the three ways that we form identity inside out, outside in, or top side down, only one of these three ways is stable enough to protect you from shifting. If you're forming your identity outside in, where you say it like, this is how the ancients did it. You know, this thing outside of me existed before I was ever born, and I'm just going to reach out and grab that and form my identity. So it's a tribe that's the tribe I was raised in. It's the name of my family name, it's the profession of my family. We're all cops, so that's like who I am. Okay, that's outside in identity, and I all of us do some of that inside out based on my desires, my preferences, even my sexual preferences. I'm going to ask you outside of me to identify me based on my innate hearts, desires. Okay, that's inside out identity. Both of those are unstable because at some point your job ends, you're going to retire, then who are you then? Or you're going to get injured, and or your desires are going to change because your heart is fickle. It's just the nature of it. Well, then get ready to suffer some trauma on the course you're like now, if you've formed your identity top side down, where you put it in something that's transcendent and unchanging, then you're going to have lows in your life, of course, but they're going to be not quite as deep because that the day before you suffer the injury, you were a child of You were in Christ. That day the day after you suffer the injury, you're still in Christ. You're still the same God sees you the same way. Now, are you going to struggle because you're an injury? Of course? But who you are hasn't changed. And it turns out that's the thing that we struggle with the most, even in an injury. It's not so much just the pain of the injury, it's who am I now? And that's why we have to kind of really be serious about our identity formation or we're going to find ourselves. It's about human flourishing. It really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And of course you know, it's about aegrity. And we often think about integrity is how other people perceive us or something, but it really is how you perceive yourself. Do you have that integrity? And you have that integrity if you're thinking about that from top down? This is so wise. I'm really enjoying listening to you talk about this, and I think about how unique things are right now. As you begin talking about that, you said, you know, this lure of being famous or a lot of people following you, that all comes as a social media stuff. It truly is amazing to me to see that and how that has transformed younger people, and it is such a transformational thing to think that there is some value in having a bunch of people that you don't know, you know, following you and everything I'm going to tell you focusing on that, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is something that we take for granted, David, We take it for granted because yes, we are now in an age the information age has become the identity age. Why because, so how do we start? If you go on our social media platforms, what's the very first thing? We have a moniker, like, what is the public name? I'm going to adopt that I want you to see me as second, we're going to put a bio. Now we're going to list a series of priorities, identity priorities in the bio. So all of this, then we're going to spend the next how many years on social media posting only in a way that amplifies the way I already want you to see me.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: So I'm not going to reveal something of myself that violates the identity I've already established. And even if I'm not even thinking about it, my posts always expose who I am. And there were times in generations prior where you didn't know who people were and the way you know who they are. Now, having access to everything we think us gives people complete access to who we really are. And I think we know that if a republic figure and so we're careful. You know, I never post anything about my family on social media. I stay pretty focused in that area of what it is I'm trying to communicate related to the gospel, and I just stay focused on that. Now, that doesn't that gives people a view of me that's not actually true. It's the view that I'm crafting for them, and we have to be aware of that. But everyone does that. I mean, I see people I follow who you think all they do is eat because but it's really that it's not just that we are in some way forming and sharing our identity. It's that we are also revealing our idols. We're revealing our priorities. We're revealing this stuff that we think is so consequential, so important that we are willing to proclaim it. That's one of the ways you can you can see what your idols are. Ask yourself, like, look at your social media streams. Well, I want to know what your idols are. I can kind of figure it out if you've got a social media platform, right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a full lifelog that is up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know it's such a shallow things that talking about with social media. It's there so that you know, you can glorify yourself. Isn't it interesting that in the last days people become such lovers of self that that that we've never had those tools, that we've never had the tools to magnifizy it exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think at some point we are going to have we're going to see that this is not beneficial to our well being and we're going to volunteerly pull back a little bit, or we're going to reach a point in our lives where we're going to burn out on it and we're going to put so you might be more active on social media at some point in your life than you are later. But I'm also trying to be very careful not to be the old guy who's just shaking his fist at the moon, right, because yeah, I use social media as much as anybody else, but I do want us to be very practical about it. Like, look, if we're trying to protect ourselves from what causes us to do bad things, we have to have a very honest assessment of who we are. Are we buying in This is a different chapter in the book. But are we by nature innocent, born innocent, born virtuous? And we are corrupted by our families, by our environments, by the systems that are in place, government systems. Is that who we are? Or is the flip true that we are by nature fallen and depraved enough, but no matter what system you put us in, we'll find a way to corrupt it, even religious systems. Which of those two things is true? We need to figure that out because if the second is true, which has always been the claim of the Christian worldview, that we are by nature fallen, well, now we can explain certain aspects of what happens in culture, and we can put our resources in the right direction. Look, Luther put it this way. We are so inwardly focused that we can take even things that are good and corrupt them and do them for selfish You can even behave uber morally, but you're doing it for selfish reasons.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 5: Even our efforts to do something godly are entirely depraved and selfish, is what his claim is. This is what you find also in the modern studies about altruism, like people are trying to figure out, like, how could it be that someone who's could be a Pulitzer Prize winner can also kill his spouse or her spouse? How could that be? How could it be that there's somebody who, for the last thirty years has been an exemplar in our community, the deacon at the church, the doctor who delivered my babies, Yet thirty years ago he killed his wife. How could that be? There's no way he could be that duplicit? Is there? This enigma of man has to be sorted out. Now, what I see in the studies is that, yes, we do have good examples of the altruism of humans. Humans are capable of great altruism. They are until it doesn't serve them personally. So in other words, I'm usually the studies show that humans are usually pretty generous until resources get tight. Then we start holding toilet paper. Well why are we doing that? Because we are at our base nature self serving, and even when we are are doing good for others, it serves us in some way. That's why we're doing it. We want to be seen a certain way. Very seldom do you see people who you know do good things. Who aren't proclaiming to you that they do good things. That's how you know they're doing good things. Well, that's because that proclamation is what they're really after. Yeah, okay, that's the truth. If that's the case, then now we can make a proper assessment of our own condition. Number One, it causes me to know that I am not trustworthy, that I am no different. Number One, It's leveled the field for me. So I never went into an interview once I had this realization. I never went into an interview and thought I was somehow better than the guy I was interviewing. No, I knew that we're all the same person. And but for the grace of God, my buttons haven't been pushed the way that this poor guy's buttons have been pushed. Now, look, this is not to try to elevate people who do bad behavior. I'm a justice guy, so we're going to take care of this. But I recognize that I am just like him. We are all just like him. When you watch an episode of Dateline, I'm hoping you're not sitting there and going, yeah, what an idiot.
Speaker 2: I hope you.
Speaker 5: Watch it with a certain amount of introspection and you're thinking, ah, that could easily have been me. Because that is where humility begins. It begins when you realize the proper role. By the way, if you know the fallen nature of humans, if you know that's really true, well that also changes the way you establish systems. This is why our country was built in a way that had the kinds of checks and balances between the three arms of the federal government. Why is that there because the people who formed it new you can't trust people, you can't trust humans. We are by nature of fallen if we don't have a way to check and balance each other, if we don't have a community. Basically, this is why the Christian worldview has not lived in isolation, because this is why marriages. So this is another chapter of the book why marriage is so important. Because I've close enough to another human that I have given her permission to tell me where I'm wrong. I've given her permission to help shape me toward what it is God wants from me. And if you're not in a relationship with somebody who you know well enough to have given them permission to tell you what an idiot you are right now, and you don't have true friends, and you don't have the kind of relationship that'll urge you towards something better. So it turns out that those are other things that sociologists have discovered. It was a chapter in here about true friendship or why because I've worked so many cases where people were killed by somebody they thought was their true friend. M Well, so what is the nature of quality relationships? We need to kind of dig into that because it turns out that there are some relationships that if you're listening, that you're holding right now, that are hurting you, that are detrimental to your well being, and that might at some point, by the way, likely if I'm the first time I'm going to do, if I'm working your homicide, is I'm going to look back at all your relationships because the chances are that is somebody you knew really well who kills you. And in the end we have to ask the question, what am I doing wrong that I'm hanging out with somebody who I have not in some way vetted better?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: So I think a lot of this is important for us as Christians to say, oh yeah, By the way, the Scripture has an antidote for that this Christian's got great guidance for that. We just haven't been paying attention in this generation.
Speaker 2: It seems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have a statement.
Speaker 1: Many crime stories are centered around poor relationships, you know, not having a relationship or having a relationship that's going to I guess goed you into that right some way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean this is why. So if you're looking at what causes and we've got enough time, I think you're to cover this that if you look at what is causing, what really describes relationships that will cause you to flourish. It turns out that studies show this one of the longest studies ever done on human happiness, looks like sixty year study that was done, and it really revealed that is your relationships there at the key, the core of what causes you to feel content, to be happy, to have satisfied life, satisfying life. But it's not just any kind of relationship. It turns out it's the kind of deep relationships that you cannot have with hundreds of people on social media. So there's three things, three things that lead to the quality flourishing in your relationships.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 5: They are, First, you need deep committed relationships with people you've given permission to be like a brother to say, hey, you know what did your off the rails here? And that has to be with a small number of people. You can't have those kinds of deep committed relationships because they require a certain amount of vulnerability and a certain amount of time. So if you're somebody whoays, oh, I know lots of people, I got lots of friends, well they're probably not. Then these kinds of friends you need to have a small number of deeply committed relationships with third piece virtuous people. Now here's the reason why. I've met lots of folks who are deeply connected to others who are not virtuous, and they're they're they're basically they're part of their crime family. And so you can have deep connected relationships that lead you astray because there's no virtue. Now here's the tricky question is what do we call virtuous? Who gets to decide? So there's a code of ethics amongst gangsters, is that what is virtuous? What they say is because they would say, hey, if you offend us, we're going to come over there and kill you. That's just the code. You knew better before you did that. You should have known that was coming, because you know that's what you're going to get. And so who just gets to decide what is righteous, right or wrong? Virtuous? Who gets to decide that is it a group of people or is it a single individual, or is there something that transcends all of us that it overarches all communities. So it turns out that virtue is something that does require a transcendent, unchanging, overarching virtue giver the authority that we would actually say virtue is grounded in because if we say it's grounded in groups, then get ready for all kinds of stupid. And we're already seeing this because what's virtuous to even politically, what's virtuous to one side or the other is very different. Then we're arguing as if there's no transcendent, overarching virtue. So this is one of those areas your relationships that does benefit from a worldview in which you can ground virtue objectively. There's a couple of places where that happens in this book, but this is one that's very important because we can say you tell your kids all the time, but don't be handled with there's a bad people who gets to decide they're bad? This is now suddenly Caught is going to have to cause us to think about how we ground good and bad. How do we ground a righteousness? And if you're going to ground it in just the opinion of people, well that's every case. I work at some point you have to be wiser than that. And that's why I think it's important for us to adopt the one worldview grounded in humility that provides you with an objective, transcendent source for virtue.
Speaker 1: That is such great wisdom. I'm really looking forward reading this book, and of course it's just come out, but it is available now, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's available now, and I appreciate you can learn more at the Truthantruecrime dot com the truthantruecrime dot com. And because I'm so sensitive to the idea that this should not be about us just building a platform and trying to sell something, what we do at that website, you'll see there's a ton of free stuff that comes with the purchase. We simply wanted to try to level that a little bit right so that you don't feel like this is about spending money on a book. I really want to advance the causes that are in the book, and that's the challenge.
Speaker 1: Of course, excellent, excellent book. Again it is the Truth in True Crime. That's I in nott hand the Truth in Truecrime dot Com. And just before you go, I know you got to go. This message is from Guard Goldsmith and Rockfinny says thank you both. Cold Case Christianity is excellent, and in the conversation today, I'm reminded that the trap that even catches people who try to spread freedom messages or biblical messages, it seems that one must beware of commoditizing oneself. Difficult to promote one work, even freedom or biblical work, without that promotion becoming self promoting rather than praising God. That's absolutely so good, so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah observation.
Speaker 1: He's written me before he loved Cold Case Christianity, which you got the first time I interviewed you. But I'm really looking forward to the Truth and True Crime. And again there's a website, the Truth and Truecrime dot Com. Thank you much, Thank you so much for joining us, Sarah. Excellent stuff and such wisdom. It truly is amazing. Looking forward to reading it myself.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm indebted to you. Thanks so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, how are we Clinton, Yeah, she is funding these lunatic criminals stop oil. Their most recent caper, if you recall, what was it the summer solstice or something like that, or Equinox, whatever it was, and they run out with fire extinguishers that they put some colored paint in and they wanted to spray stonehenge, except that they're running. When they started springing it, they were headed into the wind and all this stuff blew back on them. When you talk about blowback from a protest, that was quite literally it. Hillary Clinton funds these lunatic idiot criminals, some of which have just gotten several year prison sentences and well deserved. They brought traffic on the M twenty five motorway back in November twenty twenty two, a reckless act. Frankly, you know, you have people who may have an emergency they need to be able to get to the hospital or something like that. Not to mention how many people had their time waste did by these lunatic idiots. They're just going around destroying things, you know, spraying paintings and all the rest of this stuff, you know, climbing bridges and putting stuff up. But they also threw soup over Vincent van Gogo's sunflowers in a museum caused damage exceeding five thousand pounds. They face a jail sentence for that. But five of the activists who blocked the five motorway got jail sentences, one of them sentenced to five years, the others getting four years each. Some UK members of Parliament who called for the group to be designated as a terrorist organization. But Hillary Clinton doesn't think they're deplorable. She loves them. She gives them money, gives them money through an organization that goes into another organization. That's the way they always do this stuff. That's what Soros does, you know, he puts money into the Tides organization they create, and then there's all these other things that what they do is they have all these different layers. It makes it harder for people to find out where the money is coming from. Gives them implausible deniability. And we've seen a lot of that in the recent elections here at the state level in Tennessee, a lot of outside money being filtered through a lot of different organizations for both Republican and Democrat candidates at the state level. You know, Frank nicely who just lost because of that. He tried to stop that out of state funding. It failed, both Republicans and Democrats. Majority of Republicans wanted that out of state funding. And so the result is that you know, if you oppose the banks, you pose the out of state funding, the out of state funding comes for you with a big campaign of posters and ridiculously absurd lies as absurd as this just stop oil stuff. On Thursday, The Telegraph reveal the involvement of Hillary Clinton and funding criminal activities in the UK. Just Stop Foyle's largest financial backer is a California nonprofit, the Climate Emergency Fund. One of the Climate Emergency Funds major supporters is Onward Together, a campaign organization that was founded by Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 4: So I think I went to.
Speaker 1: Two levels indirect, right, So it's even closer than Kevin Bacon. The report notes the donations of the largest contributions by Missus Clinton's organization to a nonprofit in the last three years, and are funded by public contributions and the sale of merchandise from her online shop.
Speaker 4: She's got an online shop.
Speaker 5: I'm with her.
Speaker 1: Onward Together donated three hundred thousand dollars. So the Climate Emergency fund in twenty twenty one and a further two hundred thousand and twenty twenty two. Isn't it nice to have that kind of money when all you've ever done in your life is work in politics, never had a doing anything. It's like Obama, the Clinton's got so rich. The money was then put into a fund and eventually used to pay for Just Stop Oil's protests in the UK. Just Stop Oil recently vanalyzed Stonehenge as I said before, and then after that they caused disruption at London's Heathrow Airport. As we've previously stated, Just Stop Oil is an offshoot of extinction rebellion, which is also funded by billionaires. Shock troops for globalist technocrats are pushing for the same net zero agenda, and they are the ultimate creatures of the establishment. Oh, that is absolutely true. Here's the key about Paris. Here's what's interesting about Paris. Paris is a preview of what the Paris Accords want life to be like. When we talk about the miserable sleeping accommodations and everything else, and no air conditioning in the Olympic village and no meat and of course a filthy, filthy river that the mayor of Paris cannot be bothered to clean up. All of this is a preview of what these people want for us, the utter contempt that they have so and then of course the social and religious agenda that is a key part of it as well. Paris Olympics lacks meat based proteins, so the athletes are complaining about this, and some of them are as they shipped in air conditioning, they're shipping in food now to feed their people because the Parisians won't do it. And of course Paris is governed by Marxist mayor. The same Marxist mayor put on a wetsuit and waited in the water, so see it's fine, gets out now. These people are getting really sick who are having to participate in events there. British athletes flew an additional chef out to Paris to bridge a shortfall of supplies. Their own chef their own supplies. The CEO of the UK Olympic Is Association lamented the lack of protein, especially chicken and eggs.
Speaker 4: Must add bird flu or something.
Speaker 1: Nothing on the menu. The Pairs twenty twenty four document called food Vision. Food Vision isn't interesting. These people always talk about vision. You know we have the vision zero. It's part of the net zero stuff. Ban all the cars vision zero. Well, food vision is the same thing. Let's ban all the real food. When they talk about vision. It really is the blind leading the blind, isn't it? Reduced animal protein to lower the games carbon footprint? Athletes requiring high animal protein diets is a myth, says the European Policy Manager. It is a myth that has been busted a long time ago. Those perpetuating it in these games aren't basing their arguments on science.
Speaker 4: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: See he has the science and he isn't going to debate you. If you disagree with him, you're not science. And Brussels. The food issues at the Olympics sparked reactions, as EU also aims to promote plant based diets in a similar fashion under its Farm to Fork strategy, which is the EU's flagship food policy. You see what you're the insanity that you're seeing there at the Paris Games. It's all just to put this out there. They want to have the athletes not eat meat so they can say you don't need to eat meat. Look, we got Olympic athletes out here competing and they're not feeding them any meat. And the next thing you know, they're going to have some of these people who won metals and they're going to put them on a box of insect cereal, just like Bruce Gender to sell you the insect cereal. Prescribers of these diets have underestimated the need and the desire for high protein foods offered by animal proteins in order to repair muscles and to recover between events and training sessions. But they said, the policy managers are upfront about it. This is an opportunity to showcase to millions of people that plant proteins are better alternative for the planet and can also support athletic performance. See if they can do this stuff. That's why they're coming down so hard on the athletes. So you can sleep on cardboard and you can eat the bugs or the vegetables and have no protein, and you can still compete, and somebody's going to win a gold medal, and they can take whoever won the gold medal, and with any unable to set a record because of no sleep and no protein, but they can they still win a gold medal, and so we can use them as a poster child to sell these kind of measures to other people. No air conditioning, cardboard beds, eating plants, and drinking untreated water in the Seine, as you are trying to compete in these events, hypo.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Joining us now is David Steinmann. He's the author and co author of the groundbreaking bestseller's Diet for a Poison Planet and The Safe Shopper's Bible. He's also a director of h LF, featured as one of the experts and activists in an HBO Max documentary Not So Pretty, and his investigative reporting and writing have won awards from Best of the West, California Newspaper Publishers Association, the Sierra Club, and the Green Book Festival. He's publisher of Healthy Living g magazine and serves as director of the nonprofit HLF, which is Healthy Living Foundation. His book that we're going to be talking about today is Raising Healthy Kids, Protecting Your Children from Hidden chemical toxins, and of course you can find that on Amazon probably everywhere else as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us, mister.
Speaker 2: Sin Oh, it's great to be here today.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I was interested when I looked at this. Let's begin with the youngest kids, the kids that are developing, and the risk to them from chemicals in the household and chemicals that the pregnant mother may come in contact with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great issue, David, because our lives has become so inundated with chemical toxins, most of them not revealed to us, but hidden. I'll just give you an example. You were talking about our youngest kids, or rather are during pregnancy, when so much of our kids destiny really is is determined, yes, from exposures that we may not even be thinking about, like, for example, cosmetics.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: A lot of cosmetics don't reveal the hidden chemicals that can cause harm to the fetus.
Speaker 4: Or the embryo.
Speaker 2: For example, there's a chemical called thalate. And you know everyone is talking about plastic today, Plastic in our water, plastic even in our bodies, in the ocean, in our food. And what researchers have found is that thalates, which are plastics, they're used in cosmetics to make them a little more pliable or holding cosmetics. When mom is using these cosmetics and just has high normal everyday levels, high normal everyday levels, her child is at much higher risk for being born with lost IQ points. As many as six to seven IQ points could be lost.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plus the yeah, I'm sorry. I was going to ask what kind of cosmetics? I mean, is it we're talking about lipstick or face powder or high makeup?
Speaker 4: What kind of stuff?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: It's really pervasive. I'll get just give you an example from the book. I talk about how when my kids brought home fragrances. Right, you know, every teenager gets really concerned about social acceptance, so they start using deodorant, fragrances and all.
Speaker 4: So my kid, one of my sons.
Speaker 2: Brought home English leather cologe, which is which I think, David, which I think every teenager since like nineteen sixty five is probably used.
Speaker 4: That's right. I remember using when I was a teenager. Oh I know.
Speaker 2: And it hasn't stopped, my friend, it hasn't stopped. But we measured it for Thoullate. I actually had it sent to the lab and it was loaded with so much dalay. And I told my son, I said, look, you know, I want to have grandkids and I want your kids to be really healthy, and if you keep using this stuff, I could speak freakily, you know, frankly to him I said, it's going to damage your testicles and your sperm because what researchers have found out is that thllites act like the sex hormone estrogen.
Speaker 4: So when your.
Speaker 2: Son's testicles are loaded up with thalate, which they will be if mom continues to use the wrong cosmetics, not only does he lose IQ points in fertility and could be at risk for ADHD, but he loses his testosterone. Because thalatees are like sex hormones, they imitate the hormone estrogen. So when we ask why do our daughters now have why do our daughters have so much endometrial endometriosis or polycystic ovary disease, the answer is we're overloading them with estrogens that are hidden. And one of the big culprits is cosmetics. So I do share in raising healthy kids. How do you find safe cosmetics? I make it really simple, but it's so important.
Speaker 1: And of course we're talking about we laughed about English leather and it's been around forever, but the formulations are changing all the time. Right, you know today, the products that you get today are going to likely be very different than what you use as a teenager, even if it is the same brand and the same fragrance is still going to be probably a different formulation. They're constantly changing and improving these things, right in terms of the things that they use for the manufacturing process and that type of thing.
Speaker 2: If you're looking at the ingredient list, you certainly will see that there are a lot of chemical toxins being used in cosmetics today that we're not used twenty or thirty years ago. And cosmetics have always been a problem in society. I mean, you know, the Romans used cosmetics with lead and mercury for the cosmetics ecuts. You know, so really, in some ways, David, the safety has not really improved. It's probably just as bad today as it was two thousand years ago. It's just that we've changed the chemicals that are causing problems and we're not telling. The worst thing is, you know, people would buy safe products if they only knew, but the way that it's the way the game is played or rigged, industry doesn't have to tell consumers when they know they're hidden chemical toxins. I agree, yeah, and that's why my group Healthy Living Foundation has done so many legal actions in Washington, d c. In California to make companies reveal these hidden chemical toxins in their consumer products.
Speaker 1: And of course, you know, we look at this and we say, well, you know that's going to be fine because I use that as a cad or whatever. I've always used that. Well, that's not the same product. And you might look at these products and you say, well, I know I don't want something that's got to lead in it or other things like that. But they might get the lead out, but now they put in some new chemical. But you have no idea what this is or what the health effects of it are. And so that's how, as you point out, that's why you got to keep keep current on this, why something like your book, your publication is going to help people because those things are constantly changing. Oh, they know about that one, so let's take that out. But we've got this new thing here and nobody's tested it. We're going to put that in and it can be something that you don't even necessarily really internalize, but in terms of eating, but you're still going to be getting that in through your skin, breathing it in, other things like that, and it's going to have a big effect on you, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know the.
Speaker 2: Thing is there's no pre market safety testing for cosmetics either. Yeah, so it's not like, as you mentioned, the concoctions are being tested to see what they will actually do to our reproductive capacity. We and our kids are actually the test animals.
Speaker 4: In this case.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's what I was just talking about. That with vaccines, that's becoming the new thing. You know, Oh, you got an MRI vaccine, you're approved, go straight through. If they got a technology like five year or something, we don't need to do any tests. We need the so I let's just run this thing through, which is rubber stampus through. And of course that is going on with everything, but especially with things that people are not necessarily even thinking about. In terms of cosmetics, you've mentioned things like bubble baths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a matter of fact, bubble bath is another a big culprit. A lot of bubble baths are made using what's called an ethoxylated alcohol, and they're contaminated with dioxane. So essentially, you know, this same dioxane, by the way, is in shampoos. My nonprofit group, the Healthy Living Foundation, we sued doctor and Gamble. We sued them for having high amounts of a carcinogen in pantein and herbal essences shampoos, and we got them to reduce the levels by ninety percent in a consent judgment that we want in California Superior Court to make those products much safer. But you know, bubble bath like shampoos will continue in a carcinogen called dioxide. Here's one big tip that's in my book though, that I want to share with your listeners. If you see an ingredient on your cosmetic label that has these three letters eth like sodium loris sulfate, don't buy it. Those are the ingredients that will be contaminated with chemicals that cause cancer. So, mom and dad when you're buying or mom and dad, if you're buying shampoos for your kids, or if you're just buying them for yourself or a bubble bath, the big tip is avoid any chemicals with ETCH. You'll see it on the label and if you do, you know that company is not looking out for your health or your kid's health.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's very important.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll check our shampoo today.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get your book as well.
Speaker 1: When we look at all this and you mentioned some of the biggest brands that are there a course of Johnson and Johnson's and something as fundamental as baby powder that has gone on for decades and they continue to do it even after it was identified. They continue to run that through, didn't they.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the talk issue that baby powder has had TALC and that has been linked with ovarian cancer. So it's a really big issue. But I'll tell you something else, David, if you want to move a little from cosmetics to foods, I'll just give you an you know, while we're on the topic of our children. You know, in court in California, the HLF, the Healthy Living Foundation, we had to sue a large almond nut butter company. And I don't know if you want to mention names or not, but it's helpful and I don't mind sharing a little bit because it's in public record, actually, but we sue Justin's Nut Butters, which is one of the most popular brands in the country, because they had such a high amount of an industrial chemical called acrylamide that they were not telling their consumers about. Now, my kids, like a lot of kids are trying to go healthy. A lot of folks are trying to go paleo, so they are buying a lot of almond butters for example. And what I share in raising healthy kids protecting your children from hidden chemical toxins is when you're at that Whole Foods and you're looking for nut butters, you could reach for the Whole Foods nut butter, which we also tested and was very low and very safe compared to the justice, but neither is labeled for this industrial chemical called acrylamide, so the consumer is left in the dark. The problem is that a chrylamide, as we're talking about with TALC, is linked with an increasing incidence of endometrial cancer in our daughters, and that risk begins when they're kids and they're eating snack foods because the foods most likely to have acrylamide are snack foods like nut butters or potato chips or French fries. And if we let our kids keep eating these foods, we wonder again, why is there so much endometriosis, endometrial cancer, reproductive cancers, breast cancer, all of these cancers. Well, I mentioned that some chemicals act like estrogen. Acrylamide also acts like the hormone estrogen. So when our daughters are eating it. It messes with their genes and causes them to produce a toxic form of estrogen that then increases their risk for reproductive cancers. So again, David, these things are not being shared with consumers, and that's why I really felt it was necessary to write the book and share this information. You know, people can one of the fastest ways to make change in Americas through the marketplace, through the free market. And we've kind of always said, well, America is a free market, we're capitalists. But how free as a market when the manufacturers are withholding such vital information from the consumers and dumbing them down. And that's what I'm fighting against, to make people smarter and let them see what's really going on so they can protect themselves and their families.
Speaker 4: That's right. You can't have a marketplace.
Speaker 1: You can't have a free marketplace that the consumers don't have any information exactly.
Speaker 4: That's exactly. Say.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Why are they putting these industrial chemicals in. Is it to be able to process the food more easily. Is it to make it go through the machines better? Is that why these industrial chemicals are finding their way in processing?
Speaker 2: Is a big part of it. Sometimes companies are just cheap and they buy cheap materials and inferior materials.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Also, companies pretend like they have all these testing procedures in place. They'll say our products are third party tested, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: What they're really.
Speaker 2: Saying is, when we buy our materials, we tell our raw source material suppliers to test the products for us and give us those test results. But what they don't tell their suppliers is this is what we want to test you for, what we want you to test for, and these are the levels we want you to test that. Now, because I've been in the trench is so long, David, I know, with the suppliers to the brand say is, well, we're going to test the products, but we're not really going to look for the chemicals that they're concerned about, nor are we going to test at levels low enough to find them. So we're going to send them a quality certificate that says that everything is non detectable. Well, we go in there and test the products with really good lab methods, and that's when we find the thaltes, for example, or the dioxane. So this is really kind of a self induced blindness that the companies don't want to know the truth about their own products, so they leave it to their suppliers, and their suppliers willingly lie and deceive them because they want to keep supplying inferior materials that don't cost as much to process.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we always see that. I mean we see with political polls with when they're looking at pharmaceuticals. You might have three different companies and they both got pretty much the same. They got three different drugs to teach a to treat a particular problem, and so they'll each hire their people to test it, and lo and behold, the people that you hired, that you were paying are going to say that your brand is better than Brand B and Brand C. They've seen that over and over again, and so that's really what's happening because there isn't any oversight, There isn't any information outside this. You're our director of the Chemical Toxin Working Group. Tell us little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Well, we began in twenty twelve, and our mission is to make companies reveal the hidden chemical toxins in their products. And we do a lot of testing and I'm always buying play it's you know, I spend hours every day or one of our shoppers will buying products. For example, we took on Bumblebee and Chicken of the Sea and we took them on for selling oysters and clams from China that were filled with lead. So these products have so much lead in them that one and folks, these products are being sold in your neighborhood. So if you see canned clams, oysters, mussels and you want to have kids, these are not the products to buy. They have so much lead and cadmium in them. So much lead that eating one serving of one of these products is equivalent to a drinking about twenty glasses of drinking water from Flint in Michigan during the height of the lead crisis. So I'm telling mom and dad, don't buy these canned shellfish products. If you want to have kids, You're going to inundict your fetus or your children with heavy metals. So we take on big companies. In that case, we took on Chicken of the Seed, as I mentioned, Bumblebee, Kroger the supermarket chain, and Walmart all in one court case. And these are billion dollar companies. They joined together to fight us. But we want we want in court, we got a consent judgment, and that consent judgment said, now, at least in California, where we have stronger consumer laws, you have to notify the consumer on the label if your product contains heavy metals like letther cadmia. So we run a big victory for consumers, and we continue to do that. We continue to work in the area of foods, cosmetics, vitamin supplements, and we test and we test. Another product we found this is how we screw up fertility in America. There was a very popular olive oil product we tested that had a chemical called carbaryl in it. They weren't telling their customers, but we enlisted the help of the best, the most respected researcher in this field in the country, if not the world, who had found that carboyl at very low levels, David the Left from Everyday Exposures, was damaging men's sperm. So here you have a company selling olive oil products with carborel. Now men and women are using olive oil products daily. We use it for our health because of the fats, the different kinds of fats. They're olive oil. But if you're using it daily and it has so much carbaryl in it, and you're on the cusp of either being having a family or not, as so many couples are in America. This is the kind of exposure that can bring you from able to have a child to not being able to have a child. Yes, and it's every day, and you're not being told, and you know your mom and dad are going, why aren't we conceiving? And dad is going, I don't know. I'm eating olive oil every day and trying to be really healthy. But what he does and know, of course, is that that olive oil is tainted with carborel and that's damaging. The sperm can't make it up the vaginal canal to the ad because they're not strong enough. They don't have enough motility. So are there misshapen So we really are damaging. You know, this is a micro world, a nano world. We're talking about within our bodies. Yes, but these are just examples of the kinds of things we're fighting on a daily basis. We want a big settlement there so carbo will no longer be found in this company's olive oil products.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, when we look at this, we see spermageddon. People have talked about that. Look at the decline and look at the decline and population. Of course there's a lot of different they're sociological factors involved in it. But a lot of this, I think is, as you point out, a lot of it is the environment. A lot of it is the products that we use. It can be cleaning products, it can be cereal, it can be bubble bath, it can be all these cosmetics that we use, and we really don't understand that, and it is something that is constantly changing and difficult to keep up with.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: One thing though, for listeners, don't get don't get defeated. Don't throw your hands up and say it's all poisoned. The reason why I wrote Raising Healthy Kids is to give you a black belt in protecting your children in the chemical talks in jungle. Yes, reading the book will really equip you. You'll read it once, you'll have all the information and then you can go on with the rest of your life. There's so many things that are so important that you might not know about. One little story in the book I'll just share. Family is in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. They just started their family. They had two young kids. They were sending off to preschool, David. What they didn't do was check the drinking water. The tap water at the preschool. That preschool was connected to a well that was drawing from an Air Force base that had been using all these forever chemicals. Wow, so their children were their bloodstream was inundated with chemicals that cause cancer, kidney, and liver disease. These kids were like four and five years old. The only thing they didn't do was asked the preschool, did you check your water?
Speaker 4: Do you test it?
Speaker 2: If they had just done that for two hundred dollars, they would have avoided a huge Do you know the recrimination the weak parents feel when our children suffer?
Speaker 4: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: So there's so many things that people need to know, big things that are simple, but if you don't know them, it can change your life. That's what I'm trying to do in raising healthy kids is give you those big tips that will protect you in your family.
Speaker 1: And even as you point out before you know you talked about the products that one of them is bad and the other one sold right next to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole foods.
Speaker 1: You know, if you got to eat this, don't eat that type of thing. But also as you point out, you know, to check the water. It's amazing how much stuff finds its way into the water. It can be something that's put there by the water system, or it can be something that is a spill. I remember a report that I talked to who was on the beat out in California, and there was a situation in a military base where they had disposed a lot of instruments that had radium in it, and nobody knew that, and it worked its way down into the water system. And so even though people were on well water, people out there in California were getting this radium high concentrations of radium in their water. And it's like, what's people getting sick? So and then they started investigating that. But yeah, that's probably a good tip to constantly be checking your water to see if there's something there. Even if you're not on a city system or something like that, even if you're pulling it out of the ground, there can still be groundwater contamination that you don't know about.
Speaker 4: Well that's true.
Speaker 2: Now some people might think that, well, what good will checking my water be if I can't afford to correct the problem. But what I did in raising healthy kids is we went down to Cancer Alley, Louisiana, and I wanted to go there to write some of the book Raising Healthy Kids, because I wanted to make sure that everyone, no matter what their budget is, could do the things that I'm talking about in raising Healthy Kids. So Cancer Alley is a stretch of river Mississippi River between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. It's about eighty five miles and there are about one hundred and fifty to two hundred chemical plants packed into these eighty five miles. You know, you'll see all the ships coming up from the Gulf with their oil and coal or coming down the river with their coal and or to these plants. This is where all the chemicals in our cosmetics, personal care products, this is where they're all made. As Cancer Alley, where all these plants are. The trouble is they're drinking water. There is atrocious we measure in it thalates, which we talked about, hexachlorocyclopentadine. I won't even go into what that is, but lots of different chemicals. And some people there though may make like fifteen seventeen thousand dollars a year, they don't make a lot of money. So what I often tell folks is if you're on a budget, don't worry about testing your water at home. I'm talking about at home now, if you're on a budget, I want you to do these things. And this is what I share in the book too. So this is a tip from our chapter on drinking water. Get yourself a little faucet filter that fits at the end of your faucet. They cost about twenty five dollars, right, and they do a pretty good job of filtering their water. But then I want you to get a picture filter like Zero Water or Brita. In our home, we use zero Water. Why because it filters out those forever chemicals. So you put the water from the faucet and then you put it into your pitcher, so you've double filtered your water. That picture will cost about thirty dollars. So for about fifty dollars, David, you have filtered your water and reduced probably eighty five to ninety percent of the contamination. Now, a really, a really you know triple A system can run three hundred, four hundred dollars or more. But not everyone has an available three or four hundred dollars at one time. But most people can afford a twenty five dollars thirty dollars purchase, right, So that's why I'm saying. Now, if you were mentioning all these chemicals and your home, well, when you shower, you know, and the water gets hot, then these chemicals become volatile and you breathe them. So I want you to take another twenty dollars and buy yourself a shower filter with activated carbon. Yes, now, for about seventy five dollars, you've done most.
Speaker 4: Of your home.
Speaker 2: But what if you garden. Now, I want you to get a little filter for your hose so you can get them out of your garden too, for another twenty or twenty five dollars. So for about one hundred dollars, no matter where you live, whether it's Cancer Alley or the Hamptons, you can protect yourself. And you need to do this because you know, the chemical toxins we're talking about tend to attack people of color more, but they do attack everyone, so everyone should be aware of this. The point is that all of us can do this. Don't let your budget be don't say I can't afford it. I bust so many myths in raising healthy kids. People will say for example, I can't afford organic foods because they're too expensive. Not true anymore. All the staples, David, all the staples, let us cellery, apples, they're all about the same price as conventionally growing now. And that's because so many oppers for the last twenty years have been waking up to wanting food without chemicals like pesticides or fungus sides. So they've grown this market again, it's the free market. As the demand has grown, prices have gone down. So this summer, for example, or last summer, you know, I could find organic produce just by shopping online that was cheaper than conventionally sourced produce. That's because we the shoppers, are waking up and making a difference.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us a little bit about that too, because you know, and I like what you had to say about the water, and everybody should start with the water, because you consume so much of that. And even if you can't get one of these very expensive several hundred dollars filters, it's going to take out nine nine point nine percent of so many things. If you can get ninety percent of it out that that is a huge difference. It's going to make in your life, but talk a little bit about the labels in terms of, you know, something is organic something versus something that is non GMO and some of these other things. I think people get confused about that. I'm sure you cover that in your book. By the way, the book is Raising Healthy Kids, Protecting your Children from Hidden chemical toxins. Educates a little bit about some of these labels that we'll see out there and oh, sure, depend on sure.
Speaker 2: Well. One of the things I do talk about with regard to food is I do think organic food is a better choice than conventionally sourced food. I'm not saying that organically grown foods are perfect, but in writing Raising Healthy Kids, I reviewed thousands and thousands of tests that were done on foods organic and non organic, and the non organic food was really infiltrated with a lot of chemical pesticides that you're obviously not told about on the labeling, whereas the organic foods rarely ever had any detectable pesticides. So the difference is enormous. And the reason why this is really important again, you know, we were talking about cosmetics shaving IQ points researchers at Columbia in the Northeast in New York City and UC Davis in California found them when kids were exposed to the chemicals in our foods, like the pesticides, they also lost five to seven IQ points. Now, the researchers in California found this among children who were exposed to pesticides because so many of their parents were farm workers. But in New York City, the kids parents weren't exposed to pesticides because they were farm workers. The kids were being exposed to these chemicals because they were eating the foods, and they were also losing five to seven IQ points. So organic is the real thing, and there are a lot of health benefits that come from organic foods. I know it's really fashionable to bash people like me who say, well organic, they're great food.
Speaker 4: You want to call me a hippie or don't know what, but oh listen.
Speaker 2: The published peer reviewed studies show that when your child is on an organic diet, they have less obesity, less diabetes, fewer skin and other kinds of allergies, lower risk of cancer. Mom, when she's pregnant and on organic foods, has fewer complications during her pregnancy too, and dad dad will have more of those little baby sperms, his fertility will increase. So organic is the real thing. Now you can buy non gmo. That means the foods were not genetically modified. And this is important too, because one of the reasons why foods are being props are being genetically modified is that so farmers can apply more herbicide to them. You know, there's a reason why lifeless said a round up is showing up in so many foods in America today. Lifeless say is thought to cause cancer among other problems. Yes, but the reason why it's showing up is so many crops are being genetically modified to withstand heavy doses of round up, so they can so the So there's herbicide companies can sell more round up, and the seed companies have modified their crops so they can take that more round up because they're the same company. The seed companies in the erboside companies are one and the same. So you know, you really do want to get non gmo, but non gmo may still have other pesticides applied to it.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: I want to give you an example, so you can have something as non gmo as you said, they might be putting that on there because they might want to really loaded up with pesticides. But something that is non GMO can still have pesticides, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, And so example, yeah, every loaf of bread we've ever tested that the Healthy Living Foundation has an organophosphate pesticide in it. These organo phosphate pesticides are nerve toxins. They damage the synapses between your nerves and inhibit an enzyme that breaks down the settle coaline. So at high doses that you would go into spasms and wow, be unable to function. But at low doses, these are what are causing ADHD in our kids. Yes, and so every local bread it may say non GMO, but it's still going to be sprayed with herbicides or pesticides. So organic is superior to non g M O. Organic will still be non GMO, but it also precludes uh, most of the pestal all all synthetic pesticides.
Speaker 1: And that's that, and that's the key thing that the that the organic is also non GMO.
Speaker 2: Right, organic is also non GMO, but it's also precludes so many pesticides that would be used, So it's a better it's a better label.
Speaker 1: It checks checks both of those boxes both pesticides and yeah, exactly, that's good.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's important because it gets confusing. What about do you talk anything about eggs. I know this isn't really a chemical thing, but it gets so confusing when you go that it's like this is free range and this is you know, all these different labels that they got for the eggs. Stuff is very confusing. It's like I don't even know what the differences of these with these different labels that they got for the eggs.
Speaker 2: That's a great question too, that now we're talking about animals and for example, free range, pasture raised and grassped for beef for example, is another one. So being a bleeding heart for animal well liberal for animal welfare and human welfare as well, but both of us. I do try to buy products, but I've looked them up, and these labels can be misleading because if they say free range, it could mean like maybe an hour or two a day that they're let out of their coup So there are again I buy organic, and I do look for uncaged poultry eggs and that it will say it on the label. Also, you should get to know the company you're buying your eggs. From because as I said, they can claim to be free range but not let their birds out very much because again, unless it's at most of them are certified. If they're certified, the animals will be treated much better. Also with beef, we also have now organic versus grass fed beef, and I'm okay with grass fed beef. Now, the big thing with beef is that cattle and America are treated with hormones, both estrogen and progesterone and testosterone, and these levels can be measured in your beef. So there have been articles recently about our daughters reaching menarchy or puberty.
Speaker 4: Earlier and earlier.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the reason why this is happening in Western society again, I'll come back to the sex hormones that we're inundating our kids with. If your daughter is eating a lot of beef and it's not grass fed or organic, she's getting a lot of extra hormones. And these things will cause earlier menarchy in our daughters, and that's not a good thing.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: It increases their risk for breast cancer and other reproductive cancers. The longer that reproductive window is open for women, the greater the chances for cancer later in life. So we really want to be careful about that. Now with beef, I mentioned I'm okay with grass fed, and I've studied this, and that's because fed beef also tends to be It may not be labeled organic, but if you get beef that's been grass fed from beginning to end, it's still going to it's not going to have hormones, and it's going to be very low in any kind of pesticides that would have accumulated in the grains that are being fed, for example, corn fed beef. So grass fed and organic are your best choices for beef, and there's a big reason for that. Another good reason is ranchers who sell grass fed beef, pork, and so on tend to think of themselves really as grass managers. What they say is give me a little rain, give me a little grass, and I can give you your beef for your pork. So they're very conservation oriented. And I interviewed for Raising Healthy Kids mel Coleman, who's ranches up in Colorado, and he just talked about one hundred years of regenerative ranching. They've really remade so much of that area into grasslands, healthy grasslands because they move their herds. In this case it's a couple. It was a couple thousand gallo at one time, but they moved them in ways that the grass would regenerate and they were not fed corn and grains. You want to avoid corn fed or brain fed beef though that's the beef that will have the hormones added to it. You want grass fed or organic when it comes to beef, pork, and your other meats.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: And of course let me ask you this because we've just had some of these cases come up.
Speaker 4: With the Amish farmer Amos Miller, who.
Speaker 1: Was you had a situation where everybody's buying shares of his beef and he was raising them grass fed, and then when COVID came and it was difficult to get things to the market and have him slaughtered, he decided that he would do the slaughtering there. And it was kind of a club situation, and so he did that. The USDA came in and shut him down, saying that you've got to have all of the cattle slaughtered at an official USDA site. Now when when they're taken there, they put them on grains there at the feed lots, right, But it's not enough that it's going to really make that big of a change. Is that is that the way we would look at it or what? What do you think about that.
Speaker 2: There are not every feed lot, no grass fed beef would not be fed you want to be sure, but most grass fed beef is not being finished with grains.
Speaker 4: Oh it's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're not being finished with grains. So, but you're right about the slaughterhouses, and that's the USDA is really really strict. And you know, even the label for their natural USDA water down. That's why you know you're asking about labels. You know you'll also see natural naturally raised on your beef products. That doesn't mean anything, So you want grass fed. What naturally raised means is just they will still be given hormones or antibiotics. In the case of poultry, naturally raised does not mean that they weren't given hormones.
Speaker 4: Or antibiotics.
Speaker 2: So naturally raised is not enough protection you want grass fed or organic beer beef products.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you just mentioned poultry. I talked to Tennessee State Senator here and common Tennessee Senator in nicely, and he was talking about how they finish off in many cases, chicken with arsenic make them gain weight very rapidly. Do it at the end of it. And so you know, you get this blowa out. You know, the chickens, it's not enough to kill them before they slaughter them.
Speaker 4: But what do you want know?
Speaker 1: And he said, I've tried to get this stuff out, but there's a lot of a lot of interest the big business of the of the chicken thing they really fight stopping this arsenic. Is that something that you've seen or know about the arsenic and chickens at the.
Speaker 2: End, Well, that that is a new one, the arsenic. I don't know about arsenic. Yeah, but I do know. I do know that generally speaking, people will ask me what about when I'm dining out? What do I do then if I don't if I'm not quite sure about the source of the meat, generally speaking, And when I write wrote raising Healthy Kids, what I'm trying to do is get you the biggest reductions possible, you know, for the least effort or the least cost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we're talking about the water.
Speaker 1: You know, if you can get rid of ninety percent of it, that's a huge improvement.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean it's you know, but with when you're dining now and you're looking at at meats, poultry is a much safer choice than beef. And the way to make your poultry safest or your beef safest is to cut out the fatty portions if you can resist not eating some of the fat. For example, some of the most harmful chemicals that we know today, like DDT and hepticlor accumulate in the fatty portions of animals and humans. So if you have a nice cut of beef with a lot of fat on it, it will tend to have more pesticide in it if you are serving. If you're buying poultry, for example, and you have fried chicken, you know the skin is the fattiest portion. Plus that breaded portion will have all those organic phosphate pesticides, So you might be better off with a grilled a piece of with grilled chicken, for example. But when you're dining out, poultry is always safer than beef. Turkey is always safer than chicken. And it's just the way of the studies come out. So that's another tip that I bring up in raising healthy kids is when you're diving out, what you look.
Speaker 4: For that's great.
Speaker 1: That's great, And that's the key thing, is just being wise and trying to minimize because there isn't a one hundred percent solution for anything in the real world. You're just trying to to minimize the harmful stuff and maximize the beneficial stuff. And that's the real wisdom of the book. I think, well, is there a category here that we haven't talked to me? We've talked about pesticized, we talked about cosmetics, we've talked about we talked about visually. We haven't talked about cereals and stuff. I guess you know, when you look at the cereal and it's all these bright florescent colors, you might think that something's wrong. But there's probably a lot of things that put themselves out there as a healthy cereal that probably have the same problems as that bright fluorescent colored stuff too.
Speaker 4: Maybe huh, oh, my god, you mean those fruit hoops.
Speaker 2: You mean those fruit hoops?
Speaker 4: Weren't that healthy?
Speaker 2: I thought?
Speaker 4: Oops?
Speaker 2: I thought fruit hoops were part of a wooding breakfast.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, tell me things.
Speaker 1: So they really advertise that stuff heavily to the kids, don't they. So what is apparently if they want to get some cereals. So what's the best bet on that, Seriah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, the grains are heavily sprayed with organic phosphate pesticides.
Speaker 4: So your number one.
Speaker 2: Decision maker for cereals, mom and dad is get it organic. Don't think they will be more expensive, and don't let anyone tell you that you're being silly or dumb for buying organic foods. I know there's a lot of organic food bashing going on, but it makes a huge difference in your kid's life. I'm really coming to you with straight facts. When you're buying cereal, you want organic, you know. I talk to so many parents who find that when they stop serving their kids all these food dies, Like we're talking about fruit loops right, and you know, cereals can be so brightly colored with often they were and still continue to be with food dyes. These food dies are another cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Wow, and mom and dad will find that when they remove food dice from their kids diet as well as the organical phosphate pesticides in their grains, their kids' behavior will improve and it comes pretty fast. So organic is the big key for buying the cereals. As well, and it will go a long way towards giving your child a better breakfast, stay away from all those food dies that are in the cereals.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that's a key thing when you mentioned the fact that as the marketplace says we want more organic, then that starts to build a critical mass, and it starts to get cheaper. As you point out, it's not a premium product anymore. You can get it at the same price, or as you said, some places, you can find it less the non organic stuff, so it's no longer something is available only to people who have more money to spend on the food. You could certainly make the argument that you're going to save, as you did with the water testing, money spent upfront on making sure that your food is clean, your water as clean is going to be a real economic decision rather than having to treat the results of eating food that is loaded with all these other things. I mean, you know, let the food be your medicine upfront and not create these situations. That's the really wise thing I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that you know, the one hundred dollars for example, we talked about you may spend to filter your water if you're on a budget, it's going to be so much more valuable than the health insurance you cant you know, filtering your water is can prevent illness. Health insurance is going to pay for some of your illness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: So you know, and these you know, David, these changes come when you start on a really wholesome diet, like I'm prescribing and raising healthy kids, you feel better, and these changes come almost immediately. Our bodies are extremely sensitive to our environment, our internal environment and our external environment. And mom and dad, as you put your kids on a healthier diet, their behaviors will improve, Your health will improve. It really works. Plus the big thing is, you know we're talking about organic foods. How shoppers have created that market. You know, in my reporting in California, I used to go to a town in California called Salinas, and Selenas is called the salad bowl of America because about seventy percent of all lettuce is grown in this area of California. The town and all the schools are carved right out of the farm fields. You'll see see thousands of acres of farmfield and then a little school in the middle. There. I used to go to these schools and they were surrounded by fields being sprayed with pesticides.
Speaker 4: Wow, And the kids.
Speaker 2: Were playing in the yard, there's a chain link fence, and on the other side of the yard, and the chain link fence is the farm field and there's no buffer, and they're all being sprayed. I returned to Selena's to write Raising Healthy Kids during the pandemic and went to these same schools. They were all surrounded by organic strawberry and lettuce fields.
Speaker 4: So I caught up.
Speaker 2: One of the teachers. I said, what's going on here? He said, well, David, it's because of shoppers like you that have motivated all the farmers here to go organic. So they're planting organic strawberry and lettuce fields all around the schools now to grow these crops that you're buying. And I was really David, I was really overjoyed. I was kind of crying with joy because listen for years in the early two thousands, when there was barely an organic market, I would listen to all these people saying, you know, why waste your money on organic foods? Why pay this much for those organic strawberries. I was doing it kind of on faith. That I was making a difference, that's great. But to see it materialize and Selena's like idea showed me that my actions are not only good for my health and my family's health, but they're actually helping my neighbors, people I may never have known three hundred miles north of me, but now I can see that my choices were improving their lives too.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I always say that the issues are local, and we do it one on one, and we do it from the ground up, if we weren't real change, and I've seen this type of thing even in my life. I've told the story before on the radio here that forty years ago we had a dog that came down with a particular type of lymphoma and I heard a radio report about how farm workers were getting that same thing and said, yeah, they use this stuff. They spray it on lawns, you know, to keep the weeds down and everything. And our daughter, our dog was getting out and got into that. And so it's like that really clicked with me right there, how important that exposure is.
Speaker 4: And it's been a while. That's cute, David.
Speaker 2: That's so huge, because you know, to back up what you're saying, there are actually studies that show that when we use these We didn't really talk about our lawns mm hmm. But ask if you're able to afford someone who's taking care of your lawn, ask them what they're using. Please know what they're using, and if they're using chemical pesticides, please tell them to stop, not only for your kids, but David, there are studies now that show that these same chemicals do cause increased cancer. And our canine friends, Yeah, that's right, So what's your dog? You know, the lymphoma was definitely oh, you see the pretty clearly.
Speaker 1: It was even the company that didn't even put a sign out said you know, keep kids and dogs and pets and everything off of this lawn. It's like, why why would you put something on there?
Speaker 4: Kids? And that's on in the first place. But you know, we weren't doing our lawn, but the neighbor.
Speaker 1: Was, and he's getting out of escaping out of the fence and getting over into their lawn, and so yeah, it was pretty clear what was happening with that same type of cancer that they had with that. So it affects our lives in so many different ways, and it's something that is being done. I think in many cases taking an economic shortcut, as you point out, you know, they might save just a little bit of money, but it's the volume that they make it up on. And so I think that's one of the other reasons why if we keep it small, if we keep it local, that helps a great deal. But as you point it out, by voting with our pocketbook and voting for organic stuff, and I think the same thing is going to happen if we do that with other products, if we do that with cosmetics and other things like that, make it known to them, hey we don't want this stuff. You know, that's such a marketplace thing. Can work with other things other than organic food. We can have organic makeup and other things like that. So it's important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, there's a lot of stupidity in the world and someone has to be the adult. Yeah, and to be adults, we need information if they keep keeping you You're so right though, because you know, organic cosmetics are now widely available, David. Again, it's because of shoppers saying, hey, I just don't want these chemicals, and companies are responding because of the profit mode.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: So You're absolutely right. We are changing the market, so.
Speaker 1: Be a smart consumer. And one of the ways that you can educate yourself about what is going very quickly. Excellent book, Raising Healthy Kids Protecting Your Children from Hidden Chemicals and toxins David Steiman and David it's on Amazon. Is there a place that you prefer that they go? Is there some place that you sell that directly or a website?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 2: Thank you for asking support your local bookseller. The book is available everywhere, so go to your local independent bookseller and you can get Raising Healthy Kids Protecting Your Children from Hidden Chemical talks good.
Speaker 4: Or you can go to Amazon and Barnes and.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, the people that work there guys pretty hard. I agree, Yeah, get it, get it locally if you can, and it probably is everywhere. Raising Healthy Kids by David Steiman. It's been a real pleasure talking to you, and that's a very important book and we will be getting that far family, absolutely because that's my son's wife is pregnant and so we really want of all you needed this stuff right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: We better, yeah, we better get you a copy as a friend.
Speaker 1: We will thank you so much, David. It is great talking to you. A very important book raising healthy kids. I have a good day. Thank you so much, and folks, thank you. We're just about the end of the show here and I want to thank everybody for joining us. I've got one more thing that I did not cover that was sent to us besides the flag, and that is this book. They said, I can give this to my kids Doctor Fauci. How boy from Brooklyn, America's doctor. Yeah, that can educate the kids about doctor Fauci. Or I guess we could go back and get the archives for one of the kids a little bit older, and I'll educate them about a lot of things about doctor Fauci and other things that are happening in our society.
Speaker 6: Barb.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little bit about fear, because I mentioned this yesterday. I said, why do you have these Christian pastors out there who are putting in a spirit of fear into people about this election? So we don't need to fear this. We got to look at it objectively and everything. But we need to set the standard of morality high. We need to set the standard of christ high, and we don't need to yoke ourselves to the corrupt individuals and they'll apologetically say, well, you know, nobody's perfect. Well, most people don't brag about That's one of the things I said about.
Speaker 2: Trump from the very beginning.
Speaker 1: I said, you know, for the longest time, I had said, you know, what is it about the LGBT people, Well, they have their pride parades. I said, they're proud of their sin. I said, people don't typically parade their sin, and they're not typically proud of it, but these people are. And I even use the analogy, I said, do you have adulterer parades? You know that might wind you up in divorce court. But you know, when Trump came on the scene politically, I said, well, I guess I have to change that analogy because he is somebody who is proud of his adultery. Right, he parades his immorality like the LGBT people do. And that's a big problem. Why would you ally yourself to that. And you know, you have the Christian churches who will criticize the Conservatives, who will criticize the liberal Christians who attach themselves to LGBT and elevate and worship LGBT, and yet they do it with Trump, and the two of them are both proud of their sin. So but it really comes down to fear. And I saw this on a world it says, are conservative Christians driven by fear? You know, you got a lot of the so called leaders tell you to vote out of fear. And a lot of these leaders were also telling you four years ago, like al Muhller was telling you to take the vaccine out of fear and do it because you love your neighbor and so forth, all these different things. But the question is, you know, should Christians be looking to Christ as their leader? Because if you're looking to Christ as your leader, you don't have fear. Right, what would you fear if you really see yourself in His hand? What would you fear if Christians ever, and I say Christians is at large. Right, if the church at large begins to see itself in the hand of Christ, if they see Christ as their leader and their protector, that's going to make a big difference. But if they don't, they have to keep quiet, they have to not rock the boat, and they're ashamed of their faith and they live in fear, and it's being sold to them by these people who have thousands of people show up every week to their building and or they run seminaries like al Moller, and you know they've got to tow that line. Or they want to have connections to politicians. You know, they want to be seen standing next to Trump or praying for Trump or whatever. You know, you stop and think about it. Christ said those who are not sick don't need a physician. If you think you've got everything handled and you don't need any forgiveness, you're not going to get forgiveness. And you know you see that with Trump, don't you. I've played for you. The clips were Frank Luntz and Jake Tapper of all people talk to him, Don't you think you need forgiveness? You say that, you know, you kind of nod your head to the Christians and so forth, and no, I don't really think I need any forgiveness. I really don't think I need any forgiveness. That is the most dangerous position. Where are all these people who are praying for him? Do they really love him if they won't tell him that he does need forgiveness and where he can find forgiveness. You got all these pastors like Paula White and this Hispanic guy that I don't need Maldonado or something was it the guy who has six homes, a private jet, one hundred and twenty million dollars in terms of his net assets and all the reston. Does he talk to Trump and say, you know, you stand condemned before God, and the only way that you're going to stop that condemnation is through Christ. They've never given him the gospel. These people stand next to him, they make a big show out of praying for him, and they hate him. How could you do that over and over again? I'm a spiritual advisor, says Paul White. How could you over and over again? You don't tell him the gospel. What they're doing is they're feeding his greed because these people are greedy. Paul White and these other prosperity gospel preachers are just all about the money, and so is Trump, and they just, you know, they just grift off of each other. They have nothing to do with a gospel, They have no hope to give him, and they are trying to put that spirit of fear in you. And it's not just a prosperity gospel people either. It's a lot of these Baptist conservative preachers out there who are doing it. I said the Archbishop of Vigano, who is a conservative in his politics, he's doing that as well. And so this guy says, you know, talking about fear, he said, at times, it seems like the media is obsessed with the fears the conservative Christians supposedly possess. And with that, he's talking about how they always call us transphobic or homophobic or this. This is always a phobia there, right, So he says, well, you know, they have a christian aphobia, christanophobia. Maybe I think we just need to stop with all the fraudulent psychology, all the Sigmund Freud. Freud is a fraud. Let's stop with all the phobia stuff. You know, Let's just understand we've got nothing to fear but God. And if you fear God, he is a merciful God as well.
Speaker 4: But it has been.
Speaker 1: Argued that these fears have turned Christians into monsters, made them afraid of women, motivated their voting, and led them to become intolerant. Scholars have argued that conservative Christianity has created a culture of fear, and they've called conservative Christianity the religion of fear. Well, I got to say, you know, when you look at these people who are telling you got to vote for Trump. Whether they're doing they're telling you that out of fear, they're trying to tend that that fear with people. They even accused Christians of fearing that they are declining and thus need to increase their fertility, he says. As I studied christanophobia and academic bias, he said, I realized that the academics have a powerful motivation to focus on negative characteristics with Christians, particularly white evangelicals. It's not simply that certain academics seek to portray Christians in a negative light, but it's also the fact that they are hesitant to see the same negative traits among other groups, particularly groups that the member of You can always see the mote in the other person's eye, that log in the other person's eye, the splinter, and you don't see the big one in yours. But these people are full of fear, aren't they. On the left, they have the utmost fear of global warming and co two, they have Trump fear. Just like the A lot of these conservative Christians are pushing the fear of La La Well, these people push the fear of Trump. When it became apparent that Biden was highly unlikely to win reelection. It was not merely the tone of disappointment, but it was a sound of desperation. And it was also the sound of fear. And I say that, you know, he says, I look at this, and I see that they have a lot of fear, and they can't see their fear. Can we see our fear? They were afraid with Biden there, it's collapsing. He's not going to win. Everything is lost. Are we seeing the same type of thing on our side? This is what was the basis of the grift of Stop the Steel and Trump's Save America was the fear got a lot of people into a lot of trouble unnecessarily. I said, there's no reason to go there. I said, it's going to be a trap. They trap us with fear, they destroy us, they use depopulation shots on us because of fear. We should not have fear like these other people. But I see that same type of fear that he sees in the left about Biden. I see that same type of fear on the right being sold by people who should be Christian leaders. Do we believe that those who lament about the end of democracy? See both sides are saying this and if we're not careful, if we don't push back against this fear, this fear is going to be used to create a civil war one way or the other. That's why they're doing it, fear that their political or religious group is going to be left out. Well, I just have to say that as Christians were not given a spirit of fear. So if you've got a Christian leader who is selling you fear, then they're not selling you Christ. They're selling you something else. They have a spirit that is opposed to Christ. That spirit of fear is coming from Satan's not coming from Christ. And these politicians want to be politicians who are standing up in front of these churches and telling people you've got to vote for Trump. Now you got to vote where it's a sin. They're selling you a spirit of fear. They're not giving you a message from Christ, They're giving you a message from Satan. What is it the political progresses fear? And how might that fear be manifested in their actions in our society? He said, My recent work points to a distinct source of fear for political progressives, and that is conservative Christians. They fear Christians, they don't fear God. They fear Christians, well, he says, Christians can say that they have a right to fear the larger culture as well. Ultimately, I cannot determine if the fear within progressives is higher or more consequential than the fear within Christians. As I said yesterday, repeated over and over again the Bible, fear not, fear not, fear not. Why Because God rules. God rules. Even when we have Detalitarians in place in our society, God still rules. And even when the wicked succeed, God rules. I asked the question in some so many times, why do the wicked prosper? Why do they succeed? Well, we take solace in the fact that God is in control and that He sees what is happening. So let them fear. We don't have that spirit. If we have that spirit, you better cast it out, and you better stop paying attention to these people who are pushing that fear.
Speaker 2: Wearing of biased and false neooze has become all too common.
Speaker 7: First, unfortunately, and this is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 5: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy. This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 4: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 7: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 5: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 1: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 5: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 2: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 1: Break free from the usual script with a David Knight Show, a fresh perspective bringing you genuine insights on current events. But if the show is going to day on the air, we'll need your continued support. Sharing the show, subscribing and even just hitting the like button all help. And if you found our show helpful, please consider donating and becoming a part of a community that values the truth. Because independent listener funded news untouched by corporate globalist agendas, is extremely important to our liberties. It