Speaker 1: Right fart.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back.
Speaker 3: And with it an annual postseason tradition, Scam is back.
Speaker 2: Baby. This is Sax and Cakes in the a app.
Speaker 3: Goward Broway, Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now while the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports.
Speaker 2: It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 4: It's a reaction Monday here on M five seventy LA Sports. As we are live and local on AM five seventy Steve Sacks, Tim Kates and you. After a wild at Dodgers Stadium for Game two of the NLDS Padres defeat the Dodgers tended to to even up this best of five series, Jersen prokfar rob Smookie Betts of a home run in the first any Dodger fans unable to let him keep the ball and bring it back as he did, and then things escalated in the sixth between Manny Machado and Jack Flaherty. Things got out of control in the seventh inning when the fans started throwing things onto the field from the left field and right field pavilion onto the field and into the Padres bullpen. After a ten minute delay, play resumed, and then the Padres poured it on with three more in the eighth, three more than ninth. They hit six home runs last night on their way to a Game two victory. And here here we are cleansing the soul saxy on this Monday morning. A little scam saunas we opened the pores. We opened the pores, and we let all the bad.
Speaker 5: Toxins come out. Well, I guess I'll have to sing my own Johnny Cash version of Ring of Fire. You ready, Okay, No, I'm starting.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 5: You know, we try to bring nuggets of positivity. Yes, you know, that's that's all we can do. We gotta we got to bring in the other stuff. I mean, look, Michael King's not gonna be easy. We know that, right. He had a two ninety five ERA this year and absolutely dominated the Braves, you know, in that wild in that wildcard matchup. He had a two point fifteen RA in the second half of the regular season. Twos. This guy's not a chump. Okay, so he's gonna be tough. But look at this. Here's a nugget you're gonna dig, all right. The Padres at home this year were forty five and thirty six. The Dodgers on the road were forty six and thirty five. So the Dodgers were actually a game better on the road than the Padres were at home. So that's something to kind of take out of your mind. Oh, they're in Petco, we can't win. No, you actually have a better chance of winning at Petco. The Padres were a better road team than they were at home this year, so you actually have a better chance playing them at Petco Park.
Speaker 4: The frustrations of Dodger fans there, boy, I love it. I love it because I think they'd Dodgers is going to go on the road tomorrow and have that US against the world mentality, and I don't know if it fits this team. I don't know if it's something that sax you get to a postseason game and maybe this is out of their character and that's something you don't want to do as a Dodger team because you want to kind of be consistent of what made you so good on the road going into other people's stadiums. But at the same time, maybe they need to have that us against the world. Hey, let's have each other's backs as we go in and take on this Padres team. And fifty thousand fans or forty thousand fans at Petco Park, Yeah that and.
Speaker 5: None of them are Dodger fans because they only sell tickets right to Padre fans around right. Okay, But here's the other thing. Here's the other thing. That's great. You always want to be the underdog. Well, guess who the underdog is now? The Dodgers are the underdog. The Padres have now got the momentum they're supposed to beat the Dodgers. Well, that's a good position to be, in.
Speaker 4: No doubt about it. And the Dodgers I think, I hope at least they are mentally strong enough, I think is the best word right now. Saxy. After a lot of this group the last two years, the struggles against the Dodger, the Diamondbacks last year in the NLDS, the struggles is certainly against the Padres where they had the same thing happened in twenty twenty two. They won game one of the NLDS at home, they split in the first two games, and they go down to San Diego and lose games three and four. I hope to make up of this team is that that they can overcome all this that's happened. In fact, let's here for Max Monty real quick postgame last night. One of the Dodger core players who's been on this team for many years now, has seen the ups and the downs, and it certainly really and certainly knows what this Dodgers team is capable of. Also, he's seen what's happened the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: You know, we understand the fans are frustrated at us in this game, but yeah, just can't be throwing stuff on the field.
Speaker 7: That's sure.
Speaker 6: What the Padres are doing, that's it doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: Said, I'm thinking about the profar through something towards the dugout before.
Speaker 6: The Probably, I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 9: I mean, you think of just kind of offense tonight, What relatively kept you guys off baland what was your drivers doing to kind of limit.
Speaker 2: The results for you guys.
Speaker 10: We were how do you guys.
Speaker 4: Fight back now?
Speaker 7: Going down there?
Speaker 6: Just flush it, move on, you know, like I said, we were tonight, But that's not us as a group. We've been really good all year. We've come back from games before and uh, you know, we have the off dat tomorrow a group hopefully you know, a couple of guys, get some some bruises healed up, and then you know, just be ready to go on Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Do you have to go into I guess just two road games to the different approach or obviously being a situation like this before, how do you guys kind of just go into what truly will be another dog fight there in San Diego?
Speaker 6: Good player game? You know, I said all the time, we're not playing the opponent, we're not playing the stadium, We're not playing anything else other than ourselves. And if we go out there and we we do what we need to do, I feel I feel confident in us.
Speaker 4: All right, there's Max Mounsey saxy. Is it easier said than done when a baseball player says, we just got to you know, we were playing ourselves. We can't worry about the opponent. We just got to do what we would do to get here, and that's all it'll take. Is that easier said than done. And you got all the emotions that are happening right now in this series.
Speaker 5: Yes, easier said than done. But but Max is absolutely right. I liked what he said about, you know, the opponent. Obviously they're playing the Padres, but but that's not I think what he's saying is, you know, we can be our own biggest obstacle, not the Padres. And uh And I like that because if he's he's saying, if we go out and play our game the way that we can to our full potential and not beat ourselves, what will beat the Padres. Look, this is a team, the Dodgers that were phen phenomenal at home and on the road. They had the best team in baseball, and in postseason, you have to win on the road. You must win games on the road. Padres did it already. The Dodgers have to win games on the road or you're not going to go anywhere. So that's just the way it is. Going down to Peco has got to be an expecting win in the hearts of the Dodger players and I'm sure they feel that way in the confines of that locker room. They know and expect to win.
Speaker 2: In Petco.
Speaker 4: It's going to Ryan and has been waiting patiently on this Monday morning to react.
Speaker 10: Ryan, how you doing great?
Speaker 11: Factsy and Tim, how you guys doing okay?
Speaker 12: Ry right on?
Speaker 11: Hey, someone's got to bring it. Someone's got to bring the fire. Who's lighting that? Doug got up? If it ain't Roberts, it better be Freddie, it better be all of them. Those guys get paid a lot of money. Secondly, the fans are the lifeline of this team. They bring it every day, every single game. They're out there shouting, cheering, waving flags. You guys are ramping us up, telling us to be loud. We're pushing for you guys to bring the fire. We need to see it. We need to see it more in the playoffs and Profar that's on him. He goes out there, he interacts with the fans. He chooses to turn around and talk to us in the pavilion out there, he wants to wear all us up. We're gonna bring it back to him. So he went out there to interact. He gave the wrong fan of ball go give your own fan of ball, they'll keep it. Why would you give it to a Dodger fans, They're gonna throw it at you.
Speaker 7: It never hit him.
Speaker 11: Then he goes into the drama, has to be protected by security out there, and bring it boys, Let's get game three inte code.
Speaker 4: All right, Ryan, appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 10: Thanks Ryan.
Speaker 4: It's uh, it'll be interesting. I mean again, I don't know if the Dodgers want to go to the level of this. This is emotional series and we're gonna get emotional as well. How do you channel that, Saxy? How do you as a professional? How do you show the energy and enthusiasm for the fans and the emotions, But at the same time, you have to have a level heartbeat. You can't get too emotional, too excited, to riled up here because you got to go into the box and take care of your your you know, job at the play. You gotta go out and pitch, you gotta play defense. You can't let the emotions get to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you let you let your talent and your play speak for itself. And once you're doing that and you're showing some dominance on the field, the fans certainly are going to follow you, and they're gonna certainly be in opposition when you're in Petco. They're they're gonna and that's what, after all, what you want, right, Just like the the Padres got our fans riled up by going out there and dominate eating the Padres, you're gonna really, you know, put a big thorn in the side to the fans that are there paid their hard earned money to go out and watch this team. And if you go out there and dominate them now when they are expected to beat you, this is a great way to turn things around. There's nothing quicker about a momentum change. Then to go in not expecting to beat the team on their home field and go in there and just you know, torch these guys that would just turn the momentum around instantly in game one.
Speaker 4: That would be awesome. Douglas Torrents next up here on Saxon Kate's and am the pores are open. We're detoxing right now on this Monday morning. Douglas, how you.
Speaker 2: Doing, Good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 10: Hey, you know, first and foremost, you know, I you know, I'm a little embarrassed of what happened last night out in the field. You know, I had my son there, you know, and you know, we we live to be that ball club that you know, that standard, and to just trash our own house by throwing trash onto our own field that you know, I didn't enjoy seeing that at all. Know, I'm fortunate enough to have been to both games. I think the second game, just walking into the stadium, the energy felt a little different.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: The first game, all of the popping circumstance, the raptors flying over. Everybody was you know, riled up, show Hayes, you know, home run to get the game tied. The second game, after after they scored those runs, you know, there were still some of that energy that we can get past this, but it just wasn't the same. And you know, I'm guilty of chirping at the at the at the fans, as at the players that they're sitting there in the batter's box. But you know, nothing nothing personal, right, you suck or you know, you're you know, I even said it, Manny, you're you're about as good as that last swing at the end of the game of one. But you know, we just can't do that to our own field. You know, I do agree with that other caller. You know, Profar did hand that fan the ball, you know, and you know there's video of it. He didn't throw it anywhere near Profar and then you know he overreacted, but that just caused a domino effect. And you know it's just that I don't like seeing it in our own home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, appreciate the phone called, Hey, Doug, Doug Dorey. I'm want to say one thing to Doug. I know you're embarrassed about some of the things that were that were going on there, but embarrassment You got to see the people that are in that sauna with Tim Kates that that's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: It's so well, seriously, I appreciate, Doug. It's a solo sweat. Okay, Yeah, it's not a couple of sweat, which you can do, but this is a solo sweat. You know, one guy in a hot box and letting the letting the toxins come out. And that's what we're doing right now for Dodger fans. Let the toxins, bleed, negativity all come out right now and get it out of your system. Because the Dodgers got to refocus recalibrate and get ready for Game three tomorrow night in San Diego at Petco Park. Jim and Santa Clarita has been waiting patiently. Good morning, Jim, how are you.
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 13: Good guys, Yeah, this is good for the soul, just to get some of this out. But didn't this remind you of like Dennis Rodman? I thought profarad Tachis they thrive on that controversy. They want to get in your head. I thought they got in Flherty's head. I was glad he struck out Machado, but I thought he was gonna have an aneurysm on the mound. They got in Florerti's head. Profar got in the Dodgers' head. He goes and hands the ball to the fan who he robbed the ball. From what they're getting in our head. They're punching us in the mouth.
Speaker 10: We just got to punch back.
Speaker 13: Dodger fans get so mad because the Dodgers just lay an egg and play flat and get beat in the playoffs three years in a row.
Speaker 12: They just gotta show some fight.
Speaker 13: I love how Sas is just saying it's one game, let's go show him something, right, I mean it was Dennis rodin a All I could think about was Dennis Rodinen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It sort of was antagonizing. And you know, you catch a ball, he profar, did he you tip your cap to him? And then he taunts the fans, and as you mentioned later in the game, he goes back over to that same section by the small wall and left and the fan we'reing the Alex Vesio jersey and hands in the ball and he throws it on the field. And then another fan throws a ball into the field, and next thing you know, he's running for security and things escalate out of control. And this was all boiling enough. From the first inning on to the second inning on, things just kept getting weirder and weirder, weirder and more hostile on the field, in the stands, and the tension was was mounting and the frustration was mounting. But then again again, cannot say it enough. There's no condoning throwing stuff on the field. You cannot throw stuff in the bullpenny either, Tim.
Speaker 5: You know in other ballparks, you know, you hit a home run in Wrigley Field, they throw the ball back on the field. They do it in Philly, they do that quite a bit. I don't have a really any opposition to that. That's that's fine, but it's the other stuff, throwing the bottles and nah, that's a bad look. And of course you can't do that. I'm okay with the ball being thrown out, you know, that's kind of like a backatch, the type of thing, but not the other stuff, not the bottles, batteries. Who knows what else you can't be doing that?
Speaker 4: No, definitely can. Tony in La is next up and wait waiting patiently Tony, Welcome to Saxon Kates and am how you doing.
Speaker 7: Good? I just wanted to do.
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh no, yeah, Tony, I put you back on hoole. Let's check out with Danny and Chino. Danny, thanks for being patient as well.
Speaker 5: Good morning. How you doing.
Speaker 13: Danny?
Speaker 4: Danny going once, Scanny going twice, Ernesto and Downy is next up here on Saxon Kate's and am as we cleanse the soul from game two last night? Or nest No, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm blessed.
Speaker 14: I'm blessed.
Speaker 8: Good morning, gentlemen, Good morning Steve. Such an honor, one of my favorite Dodgers. So one thing that I was thinking you know playing baseball. Uh, all the accolades and all the respect to Mooky Bets. He's batting number two in the lineup as he's struggling. At what point do the Dodgers move him in the lineup, like maybe I know it might sound weird or or I but maybe have him lead off and have old Tommy bat behind him. Had to protect bets and bets skits to see more fastballs, or move him at six or buy him. I mean, if you're not Sacks, I saw you slash. You were the first player I ever saw slash and that was just awesome. Anything to do to get on base when you're struggling. What can we do to possibly move him? And do we not move him because it would be deemed disrespectful or what do we do there?
Speaker 5: Do you want me to answer that one?
Speaker 7: Tim?
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead, Okay. I have no problem with flipping one and two with Otani and him, no big deal there. But I'm not moving him down in the lineup. I'm not, you know, changing him down to the bottom order. This guy is an elite player. He's a star, and as far as I'm going with it, basically we're gonna win or lose with them at the top of that order. You know, I mean a slight change. You flip him and Otani, big deal. But other than that, no, I'm not moving him anywhere. That guy is is. There's a reason he's up there, and I'm gonna live or die with him up there.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can change him or Otani. You cannot flip one and two. At this point in the season. When Mookie Betts got hurt, that's when we saw Otani go to the leadoff spot. Mookie Betts went out with the hand injury, Otani took over the lead off spot, and when Mookie was coming back, we talked about, well does he get his spot back in at second or short stop and did he get his leadoff spot back? Because Otani got it a nice groove as a leadoff hitter and a guy who could you know, get more at bats as the leadoff hitter as the game goes on, and Mooki went and slid into the second spot in the lineup and did a very nice job. And that one two three punch of Otani, Betts and Freedman kind of helped each other out because he couldn't pitch around wanted to get to the next and I think it'd be awful to move Mookie than the line of First of all, they're not gonna do it. You're not gonna change things just for they changing things in a one to one series.
Speaker 5: The reason I say that is when I was with the when I was with Yankees and we got Ricky Henderson. You know, sometimes Ricky would hit first and I would hit second, And sometimes I would hit first and he would. It didn't matter to me. So that's why I say making that it's not a big deal. But I'm not changing Mookie bets down into a different part of the order. Yeah, I mean him and him and no Tani and Freeman know the one, two, three guys. And that's it, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: Eighty six six nine, eighty seven, two, five seventy. We hope Freeman's in that lineup for Game three tomorrow night. It'll be determined tomorrow. I'll have will workout today. See how that ankle is feeling. He came out of the game last night in the fifth inning with soreness and discomfort in that sprain ride ankle. Even though he started the game yesterday, he started and played great stole of base in Game one on Saturday night. His status is up in the air for Game three tomorrow. Still plenty of time to get treatment and get ready, and certainly we're giving you treatment here to detox and get the negativity out after last night's debacle at Dodger Stadium on and off the field. Is this series now tied at a game apiece? Jerry Harrison Junior will join us more of your phone calls as well. Thanks for being with us here on this reaction Monday on a FFI seventy LA Sports. Tim Kats, Steve Sacks, thanks for being with us this morning here on a five to seventy LA sports. Is Things escalated quickly last night and the seventh inning between Jerks and profar for Notsts Junior and Dodger fans in the left field and right field pavilion. Padres win Game two last night by a final of ten to two. As the Dodgers were able to get three hit or five hits last night. That was it wasn't a great offensive night. And I think that's something that's getting lost in all of this is the Dodgers struggles against you, Darvish last night, in particular, certainly things could have changed at that home run doesn't get robbed by Jerris and Profar. But the Dodgers had five hits in the game, and one of them was a solo shot in the ninth inning and a blowout loss from Maximunthy, So really four hits for the first eight innings of the game. The struggles are real in October for the Dodger Saxy. Yeah, and about four or five bullets otherwise it was caught to so you know, they could have been a nine or ten hit night. And it is what it is, and you got to kind of wrap it up, put a bow on it, and say, Okay, you're sailing on and we're going to come back and change this whole thing around come tomorrow night. That's what you got to think about this. I mean, it's you can't get wrapped up in it. You got to just say that's gone, but tomorrow's going to be a different story. What a place to do it in front of, you know, fifty five thousand rabid fans down there, that's where you want to do it, and you want them at their best. You're going to be facing a tall sidewinder delivering guy in Michael King very tough on right handed hitters, and so that's more of an emphasis that you got to have Freddy Freeman in that lineup to kind of counter what they're going to bring from the pitching side. Let's go check out with Blake in Thousand Oaks before we check in with Jerry Harrison Junior from Sports in NLA. Blake, how you doing doing all right?
Speaker 7: Interesting?
Speaker 15: Interesting game, I guess is a way to put it right. Yeah, I'm kind of frustrated listening to the fans and Vick. There's an interesting being a Homer and just being an idiot, and he's wavering do what the fans did is unconsfortable, and Steve alluded to it really really frustrating to see. I think the fans are better than that. Ninety nine percent of them are. It's one thing for Profar who's a little bit fiery, to do something, but that doesn't excuse throwing stuff in the right field. Doesn't excuse stuff being thrown into the potter's bullpen. Had Kioskar robbed the home run, I would expect him to be fired up and do something to You can have banter with the fans, but that's where it stops and he just cannot be doing that. For Manny to be the one that shows restraint and to put the team together and for Flaherty to be losing it, I unconsfortable again, like this is a guy you're relying on to be your number two. There's going being fiery and losing it, and he lost it. I will say there is a bright side, and it hasn't only Roven brought up too much, but Steve through a lot of these types of games, and I would say that it's actually probably better to be able to flush it out when you lose like that big as opposed to a nail bier. You also have a day off. The concern for the Dodgers is always the bullpen, Right, are they going to be too tired or are they going to be shown too much? In a short series, They're going to be okay. So they didn't have to go into the tryn in the Phillips they didn't. They didn't have to do that, And they have a day off, so they have two days. Didn't use me yesterday, didn't they have to use them today. The more the bullpen is shown, the more likely they're going to be able to be hit so they're okay, Actually they are. They can go into Peck to be fine. They have a bullpen that's going to be fresh for their for their bigger arms, and I think they'll probably at a minimum split and we'll see what happens in a game five. But in the game centuries it's a bigger issue. Now what I'm seeing with those starting rotation guys that they're going to have to rely on the bullpen and then they'll long series. The more that bullpen gets shown, the more they get it closed. That's what we're going to run into.
Speaker 4: Probably you think about appreciate the phone call. You think about how many times the Dodgers and Padres play each other over the last couple of years, this particular season thirteen times head to head. They've seen a lot of these Dodger relievers over the course of these games, and so they're starting to get more and more familiar with them. Joining us now from sports in at LA. You see him on TV. He is one of the good guys out there. Jerry Harrison Junior joints us here on a FI seventy LA Sports with Steve Saxon, Tim Kates. Good morning, Jerry, how you doing.
Speaker 7: Sam Saxy, what's going on? How you guys are.
Speaker 4: You're just flushing it out, Jay Hare, We're just kind of getting a detox here the morning after reacting.
Speaker 5: To Tim and Sauna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little sauna action. You know, you get the pores open, you get the dtox going. With all the negativity and the bad talks and sort of what happened last night out of Dodger Stadium. You've been around baseball your entire life. A wild scene last night that escalated quickly. And I said it earlier. I think the frustration just kept mounting and mounting like a snowball. Then you talk about a Dodger Stadium that was ready to explode and look for something positive. It was just the recipe for a disaster last night.
Speaker 7: You know, I know you guys have touched on what happened with the fans. That can't happen ever, Uh, Dodger fans are the best fans on the planet. They bring the passion. Like you said, last night, they were ready to explode. They wanted to see the Dodgers win go up two. Oh, it just didn't happen. Regardless what goes on on the field between the players, Dodger players, Padre players. That's the fight we want to see, meaning the battle between the lions. Fans cannot inject themselves into that. That can never happen, you know, So it's unfortunate. But you know, back on the field, you know, credit the Padres man. They came out, they scored runs early. They continue to pile on and I guess the one saving grace, you know, I think the caller just you just had on kind of touched on. We didn't really use our high leverage arts. So they're going to be extremely well rested for Game three. And another thing, you never want to lose, ever want to lose. I think every game in the postseason is a must win. But you know, I'm anxious to see the Dodgers' response because we got our butts kick last night, and this team has responded through adversity, so many injuries. The Padres really took it to them. So I'm anxious to see the Dodgers going down in San Diego and their reaction. You know, they got a chance to hit first and put some runs up on the board and take it to them. So I'm anxious to see them respond for Game three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jerry, good to be with you today. Wanted to kind of get your breakdown on the matchup in game three. Walker Bueler not the best year of this year, but in seventy nine to two thirds and fifteen playoffs starts, he's had a great, great way at it. He's had a two ninety four ERA, so he's really been able to shine and post. And on the other side of it, Michael King, not a lot of people are talking about him, but this guy's dangerous, a two fifteen ERA in the second half of the season, a real kind of sidewinder delivery guy that can be really hectic on right handed hitters. Wanted to kind of break those two guys down.
Speaker 2: For us well.
Speaker 7: First, Walker Bueler, like you mentioned Saxson, you know obviously, you know coming back from that second time of John, it took him a time to find his footing. You know, he hadn't pitched in the big league game. It was over twenty four months, and when you're away that long, you know, especially for a pitcher, it's kind of hard to find a delivery that works for you. I think most of the year he was trying to find that delivery that release points. But in his last outing. You know, it was an incredible outing for him. I think he just said, you know what, whatever delivery I'm going with or I have, I'm going to ride with it, whether release point I have, I'm going to ride with it. I'm out here to compete. And whenever time we get a guy like Walker Bueler who's there strictly not worried about his MCAM, He's there to compete, then I think he does something special. He loved his last outing.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: He's a guy that is unafraid, wants the ball, and loves to pitch in hostile environments. So if we're going to have a guy pitching in Game three on the road, that's the guy I want. You know, Walker Buehler is not afraid, he wants to compete, and I really believe he's going to give us a chance to win. So I think the biggest thing for us is have him pitched with the lead. You know, it's been difficult for us the last couple you know, postseasons. You know, it seems like we're always behind. You know, let's get ear get up early, and allow our pitchers to pitch with the lead and continue to play good baseball. I'm hoping Game two is just an anomaly because the Dodgers played great in Game one, and I expect him to play great in Game three.
Speaker 4: Charr Harrison Junior from Sports and n LA joining us here on an FI seventy LA Sports. Mookie Betts oh for four last night over his last twenty two in the postseason. Certainly that could have all changed if not for jerseym profar rowing a half into the stands and pulling back that home run. But with that being said, still without a hit in the last two postseasons. His frustration you can kind of see it on his face. He displads to get it going, doesn't.
Speaker 7: He He does, and he knows that. Listen. I don't know if you guys know this. Mookie Betts has been my favorite baseball player since he was in the Red Sox. He's a guy that he exceeded all expectations. You know, he's not the biggest guy, he's not the fastest guy, but he gets the absolute most of his ability. I love the way he plays the game. I think he's the most skilled baseball player I've ever seen. He's elite. Obviously defense, being right field, it could play short can play second base. Mookie Betts is a guy who is an absolute superstar, but he cares, and I'm gonna see if I can say this the right way. He cares too much. He works hard too much. I think he overdoes it when it comes to grinding. You know, a lot has been said about obviously, he does podcasts. I actually like him doing the podcast because it keeps him away from the field, because I know what he's like on the field. For a seven o'clock game. He's there at two o'clock taking mass round balls, taking mass swings. And for a guy who doesn't weigh two hundred and twenty pounds, you know, he just grinds his body too much. And I think sometimes when you're like that, you need to take a step back and just remember your cues, whether it's in the batter's box or whether it's on the field defensively, and let the game come to you. I know that's a whole lot. It's a lot easier said than done. I listen, I'm not far removed from being a player. You want to be aggressive, but you want to make sure you're aggressive the right way, So listen, I have the utmost respect. I have the utmost faith for Mookie Beth. I think Mookie Bets is going to break out in a big way. You can't keep a great man down, and Mooki is as good as it gets.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 7: I know the fans have been a little hard on him because he is a superstar. I know Mooki can take it. But I tell you what I'm telling you, man, nobody wants to play well for this city more than a Mookie bats Man. So I hope you know he's ready to go for Game three and he takes it to the Padres.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ditto on Ditto on Mooki. Jerry, I got you on that. I will say that I am very far removed from being a player, but that's okay. I still remember things. And one thing I do remember is I like playing on the road. I like going in there and upsetting somebody's house. Now, we talked about this earlier in the broadcast. The Dodgers have to win on the road. If you're in postseason, you must win on the road. So kind of going to that a little bit, if you could, about going down to Peco where actually the Dodgers played better on the road than the Padres did at home. So what's the worry, I.
Speaker 7: Don't, you know. I think it's more with the fans. You know, you know when they see it on TV, you know, hostile environment. You know, it's cool. It's cool to see that, you know on TVs to look out loud, that play, that place is rocking. But facts, you're exactly right. As a player, you love that, man, I mean you want energy. I always hated going to a place where it was quiet and I could hear my own thoughts. I didn't want that. I didn't like that, you know what I'm saying. I wanted it to be loud as loud as possible. That way I can zone in and really lock in. You know. So I think it's a great, great environment. The Padre fans, they've done a great job of making sure they're loud. But you're right, the Padres haven't really thrived that home this year. And here's another thing. The Dodger players, a lot of them have played there so many times, so they're used to that environment. They're used to that ballpark. I loved playing there. That's a beautiful ballpark, great batter's eye. So it's all about execution, man, Whether it's loud or not. You got to go out there, execute your game plan. You know, you go out there, you do your job. You move guys over. We need to move over. Get him in from third base with less than two outs, play really good defense, execute on the mound. You put yourself in position to go win a ball game. Michael King has done had a tremendous season. He's a really good pitcher. So guess what. If you want to be special, you've got to do special things. You've got to be able to win on the road. You want to be a champion, got to win on the road.
Speaker 15: Period.
Speaker 7: But like I said, I expected Dodgers to rebound from Game two and play great tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Jared, we appreciate you getting up with us this morning talking little Dodgers padres. Got me fired up for Game three, feeling good about that matchup tomorrow night in San Diego. Certainly last night's and ugly seeing at Dodger Stadium that nobody wants to ever have happen again. We appreciate you coming on this morning and talking to the fans. Thanks so much.
Speaker 7: Thanks Jerry, anytime, guys, every time.
Speaker 4: All right, there he goes Jerry Harrison Junior from sports net LA, one of the good guys out there breaking down Dodgers baseball pre and post a six six nine seven two five seven. Let's squeeze in a call before we take a break here, Let's go to Roman in Wittier. Roman is next up here on Saxon Kates at the AM. How you doing, Roman, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 16: I just want to speak out on that very bad taste of energy last night. It reminded me of when Milton Bradley took off his jersey and threw it on the ground. That's that was very very bad and for Mookie Bets. Mookie Bets, I think he should have been the MVP for the twenty twenty year old series.
Speaker 4: Thank you all right, appreciate it, Thank you Roman. Yeah, a little bit, a little bit like what happened with Milton Bradley in the meltdown that he had a Dodger Stadium way back when in taking off.
Speaker 5: His jersey and yeah, leave the jersey on, please, yeah please.
Speaker 4: Eight six six two five seventy is the number. We'll come back. We'll get too many calls as we can here on Saxon Kates in the A. A chance to let the negativity come out, Let the pores open up, get the toxins out. That's what we're here for in this reaction Monday, as the series is tied at one game apiece, Game three tomorrow the NLDS, and we're your home of the Dodgers AFI seventy LA Sports Saxon Kate's in a am until the top of the hour. Dodgers Padres all tied up at a game apiece in this best of five NLDS which resumes tomorrow night in San Diego at Petco Park, first pitch at six oh eight Walker Bueller and Michael King. The pitching matchup will be back tomorrow between six and nine am. Looking ahead to that Game three showdown this morning, a day to cleanse the soul, get all this negativity outs been pent up for two long saxy last couple of postseasons having gone the Dodgers way, and last night had snowballed in the seventh inning with the fans and Padres getting into it, And certainly both sides need to be better, the Dodgers fans and the Padres players. But we can all agree. No room for throwing stuff on the field.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's bad. No, good. Dodger fans aren't like that and never saw it when I played. But that's over. We learn from it, and we move on and we take care of business when we go down to San Diego.
Speaker 4: Rick and Sam Pedro's next up here on Saxon Kates and the Ams.
Speaker 17: Rick, good morning, Good morning, Good morning, guys, Good morning, good morning. Was that the game last night? Put that game on the shelf. Put what happened in the in the field and the fans and all that on the shelf. You know, I've been going to Dodger games for sixty years. Back when I was a kid that used to rind seat cushions, there would have been about ten thousand seat cushions on the field.
Speaker 12: Thank god they.
Speaker 7: Don't do that anymore.
Speaker 12: But my question is, and you could tell me if I'm full of it. But so the matchup tomorrow, you got Walker who's going to go out and compete. You got King who's been pitching great. My thought was, yeah, maybe maybe he's thrown Knack in there tomorrow and save Walker for if you have to have an elimination game for that night Wednesday night.
Speaker 8: Just a thought.
Speaker 12: I'm a visceral by the gut guy, really not an analytics guy, but I throw that out there. I just a shout out to Sam Peter. What's the home of the Los Angeles Sportswalk of Fame and Saxy. We got to get you on there, buddy.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: That'd be cool, love it. That'd be very cool. Rick appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Rich.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I go with Land and Neck in a game three tomorrow night after what happening game too. Certainly you're not going to go off of just what happened last night. It's things have been mapped out. You've got a game plan going into his series, and you're not gonna pivot all of a sudden because of an overreaction after Game two. But Walker Buehler postseason Game one sixty three, he pitched back in twenty eighteen, winning the game against the Rockies to win the division and that extra game. We've seen what he can do in the postseason, the World Series in twenty twenty. I know he's had his up since downs. He's trended in the right direction, as you mentioned earlier, Saxy, in his starts in September, he's trending in the right direction and come postseason, experience matters. Game three, must win in San Diego. With everything that's happening, I want a guy like Walker Buller on the mound because I just don't know what I'm gonna get out of a landing neck, even though he's very talented.
Speaker 5: Please this this look okay? Three seasons in baseball spring training one season, the regular baseball season is the second season, and lastly, postseason is its own season in and of itself. So look, Walker Buehler, as you said, training the right way. History shows us that he's been excellent in postseason. Fifteen starts, he's got about two ninety five ERA. What I'm saying is Walker Buller is a man. This is a new season. He was one and six throughout this regular season. That's gone. This is a new season now in the postseason, and Walker Buller is a man.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Bob and Malibu's been waiting patiently, but I certainly enjoying the view out there, I assume in Malamu on this Monday morning.
Speaker 14: Hi Bob, Thanks, how are you this morning?
Speaker 5: Got Bob?
Speaker 14: Thanks for having me. I appreciate it, sir. You know, listen, in the wake of everything last night. You forget about it.
Speaker 2: You move on.
Speaker 14: We've got a more talented team than the Padres period. We've got a lot of talent on our team, and there's a lot of you know, good minds on our team that play great baseball. My question for you guys today is more questions for you, Steve. It's a pleasure to talk to you man in your history with the Dodgers and your you know, amazing experience of being you know, with Tommy Lesorda all those years, Steve, who is the guy in your clubhouse in moments like these in the postseason that would come in and give those pep talks that would that would pick the team up in moments like this, who was the guy?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, Bob, thank you for the call. Good to be with you today. It was mostly Tommy. And look, you don't want to have a lot of the pep talks because they they lose some of their meaning if you have too many of them. The best conversations were had at the locker on a private, one on one basis, and that was usually your teammates would come over, guys like Sosia or you know, Billy Russell, Steve Garvey and Dusty Baker, those kind of guys would come over and give you, you know, that bit of uplifting that you needed and that experience that it was all based on. But if you have a manager or somebody in the locker room being the locker room lawyer too much, maybe maybe two a year, that's all you need. You don't need them all the time. But it was basically those one on one conversations with your teammates that really struck home.
Speaker 4: Appreciate the phone call Paul an Oceanside, Paul, welcome, how you.
Speaker 1: Doing, Hey, really good. Hey. It's interesting to note that two years ago Mookie Bets was on Jimmy Kimmel and he said, God, I'm really into this thing bowl right in the middle of the playoffs or right before, and he said, I'm really into up bowling. And look what he did in that two years ago. And just last week he was on Jimmy Kimmel saying, God, I'm really into pickle ball. And now he's I think they said last night on your broadcast he was over twenty two in playoff. Yes, and so the guy who just spoke said, you know, we have the best team in baseball well, you do until you don't. And I think you know, if you're too much into pickleball or bowling, good luck, all right.
Speaker 4: Paul, I'm assuming he's focused on baseball as well. It's not just all pickleball and bowling. And it's certainly easy to pile on a guy like Mookie Betts when you see the lack of production in October over the last couple of years. I desperately wish those fans would have caught the ball in left field last night and not let jerrism Profar go a row and a half deep into Dodger Stadium to get that ball, because if Mookie Betts it's that home run, maybe the narrative completely changes.
Speaker 5: So you're looking for a reverse Bartman, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And by the way, I'm not letting these fans off easy. How does the guy go as row and a half into the stands, grab a ball and come back. He should his glove should have been knocked off, you know, the ball should have been taken out. I mean, that ball should be a home run. You can't let an opposing player go into the stands and grab a home run and come back.
Speaker 5: So you're looking for you're looking for a land shark out there. Yeah, you know, some some biting, you know, forearm, Yeah, flesh coming off.
Speaker 4: Like not to condone violence, but yeah, something to the fact that he comes back in the ball is not in the glove or the glove's just not on his hand. Who knows. I mean, think about it. You go to New York, you go to a place like that.
Speaker 2: An army absolutely, no time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's fair game once you start going into the stands there. As far as the home run ball is concerned, we're seeing that now at the fifty to fifty ball. But all right, Saxy will do it again tomorrow, Yes, sir, we we rerenched. We got the bad negativity out and tomorrow we'll look ahead to Game three and be positive for a tod We've.
Speaker 5: We've done that. Okay, it's a it's a when when whin tomorrow. That's all it is.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a win forever Tuesday tomorrow. Here on am I seventy l A Sports. Thanks to Michelle, Thanks to Katie. Great job this morning, ladies. We really appreciate it. Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. We're back at tomorrow, Saxony. Let's do it against See you tomorrow, all right, Colin Cowhart next
Speaker 1: H