Speaker 1: FanFest is official as we are live at Dodgers Stadium, and I'm joined right now by a man that just one is third MVP Award and his shoe right now is hotter than any Air Jordan or Kobe's shoe out there already. I went to go look for the Otani trainer lab. The only size available left, size sixteen. I'm ten and a half and the great show Hey Otani joins us right now live on Dodgers Radio.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you so much for the time. Will Ireton, thank you for being here as well. So the shoe sold out already, Show, Hey, you did a great job of marketing. Everybody bought it. How much did you influence the way the shoe looks on design?
Speaker 2: I'm on so hi on my.
Speaker 3: I did get involved in the design of the shoes and really happy that so many people are buying it.
Speaker 1: When you look get the way Los Angeles has embraced you.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, do you feel like after the season you had last year and the parade, you know how much the fans truly appreciate the way you play.
Speaker 3: Fund And also I started that.
Speaker 4: My Famda Madame b the you.
Speaker 3: Know, I really had the chance to be able to play in front of the fans, so I really got to feel the passion and today just at the stage two, so it's really nice to be able to interact with the fans and kind of feel their passion, and you know, to for the twenty twenty five season. You know, we're literally just about to start, so we have a lot of work to do, but again, really excited to be you know, part of the Dodgers and play in front of these fans.
Speaker 1: And the Dodgers are going to start the season at the Tokyo Dome, a place you're very familiar with. How excited are you about that opportunity to wear a Dodger uniform and play in Tokyo?
Speaker 2: Excited? Shall we cut it? You don't need.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't really get an opportunity like this to play in front of the fans, uh with two teams, the Dodgers in the Cubs and obviously is there as well, and you know other Japanese players too, So really excited to be able to you know, play and hopefully we win a couple of games and make sure that the fans come out of that thinking Dodge of Blue show.
Speaker 1: Hey was around me for a year, so he knows I'm very awkward and really uh socially, uh sometimes clumsy. Do you have any tips for me to handle myself in Tokyo, Japan? So I don't embarrass your name, my name or the Dodger's name.
Speaker 3: You nothing in particular, but I think one good thing to do is to just remember a few Japanese phrases and they would very much love that.
Speaker 2: Can you give me one? Okay?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: How about right now? Now?
Speaker 1: How about let's start. Let's start with this show? Hey, bathroom, bathroom? Yeah, where's the bathroom?
Speaker 2: Uh? Tell you all right? I could do that, like.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, all right, good to know. If I wear a show hey jersey and new balanced shoes, do you think they might confuse.
Speaker 3: Us on the uniform. I'm sure they'll be excited to see you sow. Hey.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go, one more baseball question. I've told people I am anticipating the night that you pitch for the first time at Dodgers Stadium. I don't believe it's going to be just another baseball game. It will be a bigger event than what we've seen. Have you visualized that moment being on the mound at Dodger Stadium as wearing this.
Speaker 3: Uniform mounting to I'm not get fun. So you made it, you know, White Mosca, I get a definitely imagine myself pitching on the mound. Now. I'm not exactly sure what when that's gonna happen, but I'm gonna do the best I can to make it as early as possible.
Speaker 1: Since we know each other a little bit better. Now, if you need me, I'm almost the same height as Manny Machado. If you need me to stand in for a bullpen just to help you get ready, let me know.
Speaker 2: Okay, right there for you. Okay, thank you man.
Speaker 1: So great to see, love seeing the smile. The m vps are great. But now we can say World Champion Show. Hey O Tani and Roki Sazaki, you helped bring him here. I heard you text Andrew Friedman we got him. So maybe you, Yamamoto Nobu made the deal happen.
Speaker 3: So you Hi Kim. You know I played with him as a player for WBC Team Japan, so I got to really know him as a as a player and as a friend and just first and foremost, I'm really you know what I wanted to really tell him was that, you know, regardless of the teams that he that he ends up choosing, I wanted him to be successful, and of course I wanted him to be a Dodger, but first and foremost as a person, as a player, just really rooting for him to be successful.
Speaker 1: Man, that was the right pitch. You didn't seem too needy, you know, you just like, yeah, do what you want. Yeah, you know it's okay. You play a suave like Oscar Hernandez. Right there, it's.
Speaker 3: About us, you mess.
Speaker 2: He went to a student day, he suppled, you know, say.
Speaker 3: Yo Shinoba and I are here. So I'm really, you know, excited that I'll be able to support him in this transition.
Speaker 1: Can't wait for the season to start. I can't wait to be in Tokyo with you. You're an expecting proud father. If you need any fatherhood tips, I can help. I have two young children. My wife does all the work, but I could, uh, you know, help you out if you need stand in for bullpen session and father advice. I could be a mentor.
Speaker 2: My company.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's yeah, maybe maybe spring training. Yeah, if you stand in and I'm gonna hit you.
Speaker 1: Thanks so awesome to be with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And I'll have these by spring training. Okay, nice, all right, great, I'll be wearing turf shoes. All right there he is the great show. Hey TONI World Champion