Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the host of Rich on Tech on KFI KTLA's tech reporter Rich DeMuro.
Speaker 2: Morning, Rich, Hey, good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 1: So we got a lot to get to. So we're going to start off with a I tell us what Humane is and who now has control of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Humane was kind of one of the biggest flops of last year. This company was a startup. They made this cool little AI pin. So it was kind of a wearable computer ambient computing. You stick it to your clothes.
Speaker 3: It has a camera on it.
Speaker 2: You can ask it questions, it can translate stuff, it can take pictures of things, kind of like everyone's figuring out what the anti smartphone is. And this was expensive six hundred ninety nine dollars and at least a twenty dollars monthly fee. Anyway, it all flopped, didn't really do well because it was just not ready for primetime. HP has acquired that company Humane. They're going to shut down that pin, and really they acquired this company for all of the AI smarts, and so I expect to see a whole lot of AI and all of the new HP products like printers and laptops and computers.
Speaker 3: That's what's happening here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they acquired all of that AI so they basically it's already been developed and now they can apply that to their products.
Speaker 3: Is that how that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, we don't need this little pin thing because it didn't really do well. But we'll take all the you know, they've got like three hundred patents, they've had all this other stuff. The employees, we'll take all that. Okay, we can, you know. They so they'll make use of all the smarts that this company figured out. They just don't need that little pin. The sad part is if you bought one of these pins, not many people did, it's going to stop working. February twenty eighth, And it's the bigger issue we've seen in the tech world of when you buy something that is like one hundred percent dependent on the Internet to function. When those cloud servers shut down, that's it. It's done. You can't use it anymore. It's not like a VCR where it'll still play a tape, you know, twenty years later. These things just won't function.
Speaker 1: You know what bugs me about all this tech, it's things like, yes, well I'm going to there's the humane pin, and I was like, oh, is that a personal identification number? There's all these new words and you don't know if that it's actually I'm like, oh, it's actually a pin. You know how like a mouse used to be a little rodent. Now a mouse is something different. Pins are different too.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I should come up with the whole story of those like words that used to mean something else.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that. So you mentioned that it was sort of like the anti smart watch er anti phone. But we do have another smart watch coming out.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, So smart watches, you know, they have a place in this world. People love the Apple Watch. This is from a company called one Plus. We've talked about them before. This is their new version. Last year's watch was excellent. This is the new version of it. It's called the one plus Watch three. I'm wearing it right now. It's great. It's got a nice big screen. It runs the Android ware operating system, so it works really nicely with Android phones. It's got great battery life, which people love about it. And the big change this year from last year a little bit of a price increase, thirty dollars more three hundred and thirty dollars. And the other thing is that people didn't like that the crown was not you couldn't rotate it. So there's a button that looks like a crown that you press, but you couldn't actually rotate it last year. This year, you can actually rotate it.
Speaker 3: It looks great.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the downside is there's no cellular available. And there's a cool feature called the sixty second Health Checkup that does not work in the US sadly, which I thought was like the coolest feature.
Speaker 3: On this whole thing. They're like, oh, not in the US.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I did check my vascular health this morning, Amy, And how is your vascular health?
Speaker 3: My artural stiffness is good.
Speaker 1: You can check that on the watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just did. It took sixty seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know what that means, but clearly I'm gonna trust my watch and not go to the doctor for the next like five years.
Speaker 1: I think that might not be the goal of that stuff, but it's okay, okay. Facebook's going to purge some of your content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a small note starting Well, now, if you do a Facebook Live, they're going to delete that video after thirty days.
Speaker 3: They're not going to linger forever.
Speaker 2: And I think that, you know, Facebook says most people watch live videos within the first couple of weeks, so this is not a big deal. But if you want, you can download all your old live videos before they delete them, transfer them to Google Drive or dropbox. You can convert clips, like if you say something really cool, you can convert it to a reel. And if you need extra time, you can go through on that individual video and get an extra six months by you know, tapping the little menu icon and say I need more time postpone this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So just so you know, be unnoticed, you got thirty days. Is that starting now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Starting now?
Speaker 2: So that's fine because I when I search for my you know, old stuff on Instagram or on Google, I'm like, why is this old live video still lingering? It's like it's live, you don't need it there anymore. It was like in the moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're just doing a little house cleaning.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad thing, right, Yeah, it doesn't cost them as much to store all those nonsense live videos.
Speaker 1: Okay. So for more information on this, you can go to Rich's tech website richon tech dot TV right absolutely and you can listen to Rich right here on KFI every Saturday from eleven to two. Rich Demiro, thank you so much, appreciate the information.
Speaker 3: As always, Thanks Amy, I'm great day you too,