Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, I'm back with something for you.
Speaker 2: To think about. I've talked about.
Speaker 1: This, I believe, once before, but today I'm gonna talk about it again because obviously people need to hear it. So today I'm gonna talk about being catfished and scammed. So let's start off with being scammed. People will try to scam you no matter what age you are, and the same for catfishing. They will scam you no matter what age you are. It all depends on the.
Speaker 2: Mindset you have and who you are as.
Speaker 1: A person if you'll fall for it. See, let me just make it clear. There are some people you're gonna have to do some extra to fool them because they are locked in and you don't want to put in that work to try fooling them. It's too hard. It's too hard, too much work and effort that you will have to put in.
Speaker 2: So a lot of times people don't even bother.
Speaker 1: After a few seconds, they already know whether they can scam you or not, or you're easily targeted to be catfish.
Speaker 2: They already know it.
Speaker 1: Just after a few interactions or a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Communicating with you, they'll know. And it's so sad it's so unfortunate that people are vulnerable and fall forward.
Speaker 3: People have lost thousands, millions, hundreds of dollars because there are always the praise and the predators always.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about scammers. Scammers.
Speaker 1: Hey, scammers are oftentimes the people who are cat fishing because their goal is to get something from you that they want.
Speaker 2: They tried to scale me back.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty three. But all baby, you know, I've been in acting, I've been counseling, facilitations, mediations.
Speaker 2: You have to bring it, and I got on them. People's nerves. They hung up on me.
Speaker 1: I got on their nerves. Actually it was so funny. I didn't laugh at the time, but I got on them people's nerves.
Speaker 2: They hung upon me. Nobody got tired for that. I work hard for my money.
Speaker 1: So anyways, people will come to you in a million different ways to scam you.
Speaker 2: They'll say that.
Speaker 1: From your bank, your business, about your children being kidnapped or a family member being kidnapped.
Speaker 2: I mean, they come with all kinds of stories. Make them prove it to you. Don't give them anything, make them prove.
Speaker 1: It to you. You become the person who's in charge. That's how you get rid of them. Tell them, okay, hold on, my husband, whomever is a police officer, hold on, let me see what they have to say. They'll hang up on you so fast, and some of them are so so you know, they're so narcissistic that they think, oh, police officer, I'll sham him or hurt too.
Speaker 2: But most times they'll back down.
Speaker 1: Or if you say you're on speak a phone and this being recorded for the police. So when people say, well, this is being recorded, okay, great, because I'm recording too.
Speaker 2: That's how you fight back.
Speaker 1: So when people come to you and try to sham you, because that's what they're doing, scamming and shamming, you make them prove whatever they're saying. If it's your bank, say no, I will not give you any information because if you the bank, you should have the information, and therefore I won't talk with you about this over the phone.
Speaker 2: I will call my bank personally, or I will go.
Speaker 1: Into my bank personally. Never discuss anything.
Speaker 2: Over the phone.
Speaker 1: You go to your bank or you call your bank, and you let your bank know what has taken place. Don't give your information over the phone. Never give your information over the phone. If you're not sure who you're talking to.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are a.
Speaker 1: Lot of professional people. All are not professional, but some of them. This is what they do for a living, scamming people. So you make them prove whatever they're saying. If someone tells you that I have your daughter or your son or whomever, make improve it.
Speaker 2: Make them prove it.
Speaker 1: Soon as they say that said, well did you know that their father or their mother was a police officer? And they're sitting right here, so what do you have to say? Make them prove it? And I know sometimes things happen and they are real. Make them prove it, you know, because in this world people are so terrible.
Speaker 2: You have children scamming their own parents, pretending they're kidnapped. It.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're in darkness. I'm telling you, we are in darkness. Bottom line is you have to know who you are as a person. You have to be strong and know that you're not a person who's easily intimidated, who's easily manipulated, none of that.
Speaker 2: No matter what people say, you can't let them shake you.
Speaker 1: Because there are people on every corner trying to scam you out of what you worked hard for. And that's a fact. So You have to be on alert every call. If someone's calling you and you don't recognize that number, don't answer it. If it's important, they will leave a message. If they don't.
Speaker 2: There you go people calling me all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh you have some days left on your your vacation. About what those things are called. I can't think of them right now. Your time share because you know at one time time shares were big, but not so much anymore. You still have time on your time sharing vacation? No, I don't because I didn't never have one. That's what I'm thinking to myself. Click up, that's what you do. Click right in their face, right in their face, because you know you didn't have a time share or you don't have one. You have to be on your p's and q's. People get emails telling you, Oh, your bank is fraud click this link. Don't click a link. Contact your bank personally. If you get an email and you see and say something like your accountants being here, hosh okay, okay. Don't give people money, Go to the police, do whatever you have to do, but don't give people money.
Speaker 2: Don't click on them links. Never do that. Never click on links. Never click on links.
Speaker 1: Ever, unless you know one hundred percent where they come from.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I don't care what they say in the email, don't click it.
Speaker 1: I get them all of the time, people saying they want to come on my podcast and all that.
Speaker 2: I don't know you. I don't know you have all of these links, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I don't recognize any these links, so.
Speaker 2: Gotta find me some other way.
Speaker 1: In my email every single day, people trying to scam you. Your package is about to be delivered, or your package is being delivered and the number is delete, so you just have to know. All right, that's enough on that, So let's talk about this catfish and stuff.
Speaker 2: You have heard me.
Speaker 1: Say before that people do to you what you allow them to do to you. There are many people who are so vulnerable, gulliball, and they're still suffering from losses of loved ones, divorces, breakups or whatever, and they're longing, yearning for love. I've always told you love starts by you loving your self. You must love yourself in order to understand love. You must know yourself in order to know other people.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 1: Many people are being catfished because the people who are catfishing. They know you're vulnerable. They know instantly when they reach out to you. They know you're vulnerable because of what you say back to them, how you respond to them, how quickly you respond to them, or just how you respond.
Speaker 2: They know when they got you caught in the next.
Speaker 1: Because how quickly you warm up to them. Catfishing is something that's been going on forever for people just don't learn. People are gonna swindle out of millions of dollars, and they still don't want.
Speaker 2: To believe that they've been catfish. But I just I'm so hurt. Why are you hurt? How could you not know? Listen, when you meet.
Speaker 1: Someone in almost instantly they say I love you, red flag, red flag, that's a sign back away, back away. They will tell you they love you quickly, or they care so much about you quickly.
Speaker 2: They don't even know you.
Speaker 1: Many of you get on these websites and you communicate with people and they tell you all the good things through words. Some of you never even heard their voices. You never heard their voices, but you fall in love with the words. People can write anything they think you want to hear or read.
Speaker 2: Some of you never heard their voices.
Speaker 1: You just communicate through emails, texts, and you're soul in love, so you think, but these people always asking you for something. They're asking you for money, they're asking you for things.
Speaker 2: That is a red flag. Someone you don't even know asking you for something. Someone you don't even know asking you for money. Red flag.
Speaker 1: First of all, if you meet someone and they're asking you for money, they.
Speaker 2: Are not enhancing your life.
Speaker 1: Booboo. They're not enhancing your life when they're asking you for money or things.
Speaker 2: That tells you a lot about who they are. They mean you no good.
Speaker 1: So think about that the next time you want to send someone on something because they ask you.
Speaker 4: If they are asking you, they are not there to enhance your life.
Speaker 1: Don't fall for that craft they telling you.
Speaker 5: You know, well, I have this business and I'm a little short on money, and you know, uh no, no, no, and no, don't.
Speaker 2: Fall for it. Don't fall for it.
Speaker 1: Always remember, if they don't enhance your life, you don't need them. They're gonna tell you that they've been detained. They're waiting on money, you know, I mean, they're gonna give you all kind of sob stories. I need this amount of money and it's normally thousands.
Speaker 2: I need this amount of money before they let me go. It's lies. It is lies, lies, lies.
Speaker 1: Lies, and guess what if they don't have the money themselves. A red flag, red flag, red flag if they're telling you they're businessmen and business women, but they're asking you for money, Wake up, wake up. That's a red flag.
Speaker 2: If they say I was in.
Speaker 1: A wreck, or my daughter or my son were in a wreck, or anybody were in a wreck.
Speaker 2: Red flag.
Speaker 6: That's their biggest, biggest, biggest lie.
Speaker 2: There was a wreck. They're taking care of the person.
Speaker 1: They can't make it to you because they're taking care of the person because there's a wreck and.
Speaker 2: It's just draining them financially. See, people love love, love pulling on your emotional streams. They work on.
Speaker 1: Your emotions and your feelings because they know that's what gets to people. They know how to dangle carrots in front of you because they know that people fall due to their emotions and their.
Speaker 2: Inability to say no.
Speaker 1: They know just by talking to you a little bit that they can get what they want from you. Remember, I always say, you create the monsters in your life when people tell you sweet sweet nothings and.
Speaker 2: You fall for them.
Speaker 1: You're creating that monster. When they ask you for money and don't even know you and you give it. You creating that monster when they tell you quickly how much they care about you or how much they love you, and you believe it. That follows on you because you should know better. You should know better. See, you gotta get out of your feelings in your emotions and think clearly. You must think clearly when people are asking you for all of these things and they don't know.
Speaker 2: You, they never met you, red flag.
Speaker 1: Even if they had met you, or you know, you communicated, they.
Speaker 2: Saw your faith. Except it don't matter.
Speaker 1: If they're asking you for stop, that's a red flag because never ever ever forget what I've said.
Speaker 2: People should enhance your life.
Speaker 1: So if you're the one who have to give, give, givet that is a red flag. People can say the most beautiful things and mean none of it, none of it. Some of you been talking to people literally for years, you've never seen their face, never seen their face. If someone send you a picture, take that picture and make a picture of that picture, meaning take a picture of the picture that they sent you, or download that picture and do a Google search. Do a Google image search of that picture. If they're on social media, you're gonna find that picture, probably more than likely because they just stole it from somebody else. I'm talking about people who don't want you to see their face. If they send you a picture, do a Google image search. It's easy to do. Download the picture to your phone, and then you're gonna hit the share, but you're gonna hit Google. You can do a Google image search. Start doing that. If they tell you that, oh, my camera broke or something that's going on where they can't see you, that's.
Speaker 2: A red flag.
Speaker 1: Don't keep handling them, well, I wanna see your fast stop it, because they showing you who they are. They're showing you when they make all of these excuses there's been a wreck, I'm in detention, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just running long cash.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Red flag, red flag.
Speaker 1: You must get out of your feelings and your emotions so you can see clearly. And if you never think of anything that I've said, think of one thing. If they are not enhancing your life, they're taken from you. No one needs that, No one needs that type of partner. You need somebody who enhances your life, just as you enhance theirs. But if someone is asking you for money and for things that's not enhancing your life, they are suckering you. They are swindling you. They are scamming you because they want something that you have. Stop being just gullible when you know you have the signs writing in front of your face.
Speaker 4: Some of you run to people and you want them to find out if.
Speaker 1: A person is is catfish and you are swindling you, you already know they are.
Speaker 2: That's why you run into somebody you already know.
Speaker 1: You don't have to pay your money to go to someone else when you already know the truth. You have to look at yourself and figure out why you're.
Speaker 2: Falling for those type of people.
Speaker 1: Why are you falling for people who you know mean you no good?
Speaker 2: Why are you.
Speaker 1: Falling for people who are trying to take and take and take from you because they will take everything you have if you give it.
Speaker 2: Everything. I really want you to think about it.
Speaker 7: Too many people are losing money, too many people, hundreds thousands, millions of dollars because they can't see past their hearts.
Speaker 2: And their fun healed minds. When the signs are right there in your face, right in your face.
Speaker 1: You refuse to believe or accept what you see any time, any time a person is just asking, asking, asking, making excuse after excuse after excuse, red flag, you don't have to accept it.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 1: A person who love you, they're gonna give to you just like you give to them.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be take, take, take.
Speaker 1: Many people are in one side of relationships right now.
Speaker 2: Who give all of their heart, all.
Speaker 1: Of everything, get nothing in return but headache, heartache, and pain. Whatever you sign up for is what you're gonna get. Whatever you allow is what you're gonna get. Whatever you accept is what you're going to get, and oftentimes.
Speaker 2: Much much more.
Speaker 1: People always want to say I didn't sign up for it, but you did, You really did, because when you signed up for that little mess, you just didn't realize what.
Speaker 2: Else was coming along with it. You teach people how they can treat you. When you keep giving.
Speaker 1: Money from people who's asking over and over and over, and you keep doing it, you have taught them how to treat you. You live how you want to live, but you can't blame no one but yourself when you allow people.
Speaker 6: To swindle you. You have to love yourself enough to know love, to know what it is and what it isn't, and that's definitely not love. If they're not there to enhance your life, that's the wrong person.
Speaker 1: And as I said earlier, you do what you wanna do, You live how you want to live. But I promise you will never find happiness. And no one who means you no good. That's all I'm saying. I'm leaving it right there. Thank you for listening. If it's your first time, please come back. Check out all of my episodes. Please check out my new podcast.
Speaker 2: It's called From the Heart to the Heart Now.
Speaker 1: It's different. It's not for everybody, but if you like.
Speaker 4: Gospel music and you like hearing a message following that, then check it out.
Speaker 1: Please share this, Please share my other podcasts and listen to my other episodes. Thank you so much much love to you. You and you I in every episode the same and I hope you do it
Speaker 2: Think on it.