Speaker 1: It's Game four the NLCS, but Game three was the og Dodgers that delivered for them to get a win. It was Keiky Hernandez, it was Max Munci, and it was Walker Buehler. And Walker joins us right now. Thanks a lot for the time. And how does it feel the day after? Oh?
Speaker 2: Obviously, always excited to win a playoff game, but you know, we're focused on Game four and trying to get get to three to one in the series.
Speaker 1: Here. I know everybody's talking about the spin, the curveballs, but the one thing that I thought was the most impressive about what you did last night is how you went exclusively from the stretch after Francisco Lindors at bat. Is that something that even was in the back of your mind you might need to do when you were warming up.
Speaker 2: No, you never really think about it that way. But last time, with the temperature and kind of however they make the mound here was it was just too hard and my right foot moves a pretty decent amount in the wind up, and so the first three pitches the game, my foot was kind of getting a little spurly on me. So went to the stretch just so we could put it in the same spot every time.
Speaker 1: I know, you know the history of the game. I remember one Dodger pitcher that would go out of the stretch whenever he felt like his wind up mechanics were a little bit out of balance, and that was Hideo Nomo. I was thinking, obviously, you go over the head, and maybe you were trying to simplify your delivery.
Speaker 2: No, it was just just because of the weather. I've done that on a few occasions, and I have done it if I don't like the wind up, but last time I was just trying to get the foot in kind of the same spot.
Speaker 1: I know you watched the game, obviously, Yamamoto on the mound tonight. What do you feel like he has to do to be able to give the Dodgers at least what you gave them last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think interestings to go be himself. Obviously, you know this track record of success in Japan that he's had and now here. I think as long as he kind of does what he does, he's going to be fine.
Speaker 1: I know I always talk about the guys that I've been here for a while, but I don't think it's a coincidence. Guys like yourself and KEYK and Munsey, you guys have had a reputation of delivering in big games. How big of an advantage is that for you guys, because I know we always talk about the new shiny guys, but it's the guys that have been here that have been delivering. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think part of it is just that we did come up here and you know, kind of from the jump for my rookie ear, this is kind of what's expected of us is to go and try and win playoffs, series and world series. So you know, very fortunate to have the amount of experience that that we do in the playoffs and and luckily it's kind of paying off for us.
Speaker 1: What is it about key K? I know we always talk about you, but what is it about Kik that seems to click in this month?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's a guy that knows how to create momentum, right, He's not he's not scared of the moment. And you know, the playoffs in particular about momentum and having guys that can create a little bit of a spark. And and I think that starts with with not having fear and and that's something that the key I for sure doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have Hey, I was telling people the story yesterday. I was on the same bus as you on the way to the ballpark, a wild ride, but you had your headphones on, and usually when you get on you know you'll you'll chat it up a little bit. But it seemed like you were locked in a lot earlier than you usually are.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the buses in New York, particularly the traffic, make me a little sick, so I was just trying to keep my stomach together.
Speaker 1: Oh me too. If I was gonna hurle, it was coming right on your neck.
Speaker 2: Ye after the festivities postgame last night at the bus ride, today was a little rough for me.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, Walker, and look, nobody doubts anything that you guys can do. And looking forward to a big finish, appreciate it day.
Speaker 2: We'll see you