Speaker 1: Hello, I'm welcome to Game Spot After Dark episode one one seven. Yes, it is defeated Halo master Chief episode. Are we going to talk about Halo?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: At the very least you will get a Halo themed quiz put together by our very own Jacob mccatt. But before that introductions, I'm your host, more saying. I am joined as always by Jean lucas ipet.
Speaker 3: How do you do? Gamers coming at you from a brand new microphone? And do I sound good? Do I sound crisp?
Speaker 4: Chris?
Speaker 2: Do sound good? You do sound good?
Speaker 1: It sounds real nice. Also joining us is Jordan's remay.
Speaker 4: What up? What up? Coming from my old as hell microphone? Not nearly as crisp, but it's served me well.
Speaker 1: And for the first time you may have seen him on our excellent news videos, it's Davante.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Yeah, what up?
Speaker 4: Everyone?
Speaker 5: Honored to be here on the podcast for the first time.
Speaker 1: Davante. We have a segment on this podcast which we renamed. Someone quickly reminded me what what what? It is now called I've forgotten it?
Speaker 4: So it used to be question.
Speaker 1: It used to be the Chris from Dayton, Ohio segment, but then we realized Chris has abandoned us long ago, but then we renamed it to something.
Speaker 4: Did we ever confirm that Chris abandoned us? Well, we put we just said that one day. We ran with that.
Speaker 1: No, no, we said Chris for motiple website, were like, Chris, if you're out there, let us know and we'll keep the name as is. And Chris did not reply, not in our discord dm us.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't at us on Twitter. Nothing, no signs of life from Chris, which leads me to believe Chris has moved on from our podcast.
Speaker 3: So this is no longer the Chris from Dayton, Ohio segment is now the Jackson from Nairobi, Kenya.
Speaker 1: Nairobi, Kenya, that's where it was. I knew it was Jackson, but I didn't know where it was. For some reason in my mind, it was like it's from Transylvania. Right, No, that's not right, that's not right. Okay, then, so the Jackson from Nairobi, Kenya segment, in which anyone new to the podcast is invited to tell us about themselves, what they do, the games, they love, the movies, they love the stuff. That is, they're passionate about and you know, kind of imagine this being your Tinder.
Speaker 2: Profile for podcast listeners.
Speaker 1: They're gonna they're gonna decide, They're gonna decide whether they want to swipe left or right on you, Duvante, and don't worry about it. Most people will always wipe right here, but they need a good idea of they want to go into the swipe feeling good about it.
Speaker 5: Solf so Davante Chisholm here and I am video producer here at game Spot, and I'm doing a lot of the news videos along with Persia we swap weeks. But I've kind of had my hands in everything around here since starting three months ago, and it's crazy to think that it's been three months. What I really love video game wise is games like Breath of the Wild, The Witcher, and the Uncharted series. Really high on the Far Cry series as well for some reason, even though I know it's the same thing over and over again. In terms of movies, I love you know me too, things like Inception, but also like crazy stupid Love. And I've also this week alling in love with Seinfeld, so we could throw that into the favorite things. Also long walks on the beach and stuff typical things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, if you had to take out the entire GameSpot community on your first date, where would you.
Speaker 3: Games community imagine their first day imagine?
Speaker 5: I mean, I really just want to go with like the dollar menu, because that's that's a that's a big bill right there.
Speaker 4: That's a smart choice. That's kind of.
Speaker 5: All I want to do.
Speaker 2: I respect it, honestly, like I would be. I would be up for that. So well done.
Speaker 1: Well, we're excited to have you, hear Davante, and we're excited for the community to start getting behind you as well. I'm sure a lot of them have been watching the news videos, but if you're not, please do a command the excellent a nice digestible way to get the biggest news of the day. But let's move on to the what we've been doing watching plane segment of this show. Let's kick it off with Jordan. Jordan, we've been.
Speaker 4: Up there kicking off with me so quickly not even worth talking about because now I've written my things about the game that we were all like hinting at for the past couple of weeks was Guardians of the Game.
Speaker 2: We're all going to be talking about this. Jordan you can't knock out of it.
Speaker 4: I wrote a review for it. I all of my opinions are already out there, so uh sure. Guardians of the Galaxy, I think I'm more positive on that game than a lot of the people at a game spot. Maybe not in the our peers across sites overall, but I really like it. I think the Guardians in the game are significantly better than their MCU counterparts. I think Guardians Volume three has a lot to live up to in comparison to this game. And even though I'm not like completely sold on the combat, it's one of the better stories that I've enjoyed in a video game this year, which is why it's snuck on to the lower half of my top ten for twenty one. I am sure that Lucy, John Luke and Tam will like disagree with me on a lot of things about it. For me, it's like just a very simplified, streamlined like variation far less good but still decent story of like Final Fantasy seven remake, where it's like just telling people what to do, very little strategy involved, but really good story. And I'm like, that's I just need more single player games in my life that I can play and beat in a single weekend, and just like know that there's no expansion Pass, there's no DLC, there's no battle pass, there's nothing. I just play it, enjoy it, and I'm done and just wipe my hands of it. And that's that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, Jean Luke, you've been playing it a lot as well.
Speaker 2: What do you think of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm on the lower tier of most opinions I've seen. I was like surprised how positive it was when all the reviews came out on Monday, and I think, I so I really didn't like it, and then I kind of came around to it, but I still left disappointed. To be fair, I think the game kind of leaves a really bad first impression. I think that opening chapter is not that interesting because like the plot hasn't really kicked it, and like the gameplay really boring. Also something that and this isn't fair to the game, so I won't hold it against it, but uh, when I first started playing, the camera on star Lord was really really close, like gear's a war level close over the shoulder, and I was like, this is the camera? Like the combat is awful? Like this, like why would they do this? And then like later it got uh it like zoomed out more after that chapter, and I was like, Okay, that's weird. Why would they do that for the first chapter. It turns out that was a bug. It wasn't supposed to do that, and I was like, oh, well shit, that game that really started the game off on the wrong foot for me.
Speaker 1: I had the same thing where I was like, why can't I see anything? It's like really weird.
Speaker 3: And it made the platforming, which I think is like pretty rudimentary and basic, just like feel like shit and like you're you're like how I thought I have like no awareness of the enemies trying to find them, like what is going on? But again that was a bug so which also I don't know if you guys, I had a pretty buggy experience with this game. It felt like as the game progressed, it got buggier over time, like it would be like, oh, like there's just a little graphic glitch over there, and like by the end of the game it was like, oh, the music just completely stopped playing. Okay, that's cool. I think this scene was supposed to have a really cool eighties rock song in it, but it didn't whoops.
Speaker 4: But that's what I was talking to Darren, one of our freelancers, about that, and I don't know what you played on. I played on PlayStation five, he played it on Xbox, I think played and my experience was far less buggy than his was. So that's like, I don't want to say it, like, oh, that's the indication. That's it. I'm pulling from two like data points for like my conclusion. But I wonder if the PlayStation five versions a bit more.
Speaker 1: My pH five experience has been not clean, like I've had no issue.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, Well then maybe you don't get it on Xbox if you're planning on picking it up, because that version was really buggy in a way that was annoying to me, specifically because I do think the strong suit of the game is like the story and the presentation, so like when all these graphical glitches happened, it was like taking me out of it.
Speaker 1: But pat so like a pretty beefy patch as well as well to make sure see if there's anything in there.
Speaker 3: That right, but to not like hold that against the game, because you know that stuff can be patched down fixed for me it like I agree with you Jordan, where it's like I ended up really liking the characters and I do think they are stronger than the MCU ones. It's the same I felt about uh Insomniac Spider Man game, where I was like, this is the best version of Spider Man, of any Spider Man bar nun Get all these other Spider Man's out of here. I don't care, with the exception of maybe into the Spider Verse.
Speaker 2: Uh, get all these other Spider Man's out to.
Speaker 3: Get them out, like for real though, like the story of that game was so good that it made all of the like Tom Hollands Spider Man's look like trash. I was like, these are garbage Spider Man movies now, like in comparison to how good I feel that this game is.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And maybe I don't feel quite as trumbling about that about this one.
Speaker 2: But I do Spider Men are allowed to return.
Speaker 3: But I do really really like these versions of these characters uh quite a bit. And I do think like that is where as a game you get that advantage of like, well, you get to go around and like talk to them and like interact with them, and you know, uh, you get more development than you would in a movie. The negative and this is something we kind of talked with Ham is can also great sometimes specifically Rocket like Rocket is Rock. This whole character is that he is just like incredibly narcissistic and antagonistic towards Peter, like constantly Peter in pretty much everyone to the point. And it's it works in a movie in a fifteen hour game, where he's just always pissed off and always mad about something that's unreasonable. It really grates on you after a while, and I think everyone has through different tolerance to it. But after a while I was like, shut the fuck up, Rocket, I don't care I do that.
Speaker 1: It's it's really annoying because he's also like he is that Rocket from the MCU and less so in the comics, Like they move past that in the comics pretty quickly, but he's always like trying to undermine Peter in a way that in the movies you see it in small doses and it feels like kind of combactive in a rivalry way. In this it's like I would this is like bordering on mutiny. I would throw you out of the airlock if I was in charge. And it's really fucking annoying, and like he does that thing where it's same you remember how you felt with a Trace in God of War where there's that one section where he's like surly teenager for a while and he's just being annoying as suck and he's being very childish and you're like, you're the problem here. Like Rocket does that constantly and it's really annoying. And for some reason, he keeps we're talking about earlier, but he keeps as he keeps asserting that the Milano is his ship, and I hate it for some reason. I'm like, why do you keep saying that? Like, it's not your ship, It's never been your ship, it's clearly.
Speaker 4: Really I kind of liked that part. I liked the bickering that they had with Peter. I like I like the constant callback where Peter's like my ship and Rockets like, no, it's my ship, and I'm like, I like jokes that kind of ran like that throughout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something about it that I really dislike because it's like his his his uh what do you call it? Obviously point is like he takes care of it and he's, you know, the the the engineer or the engineering.
Speaker 4: But like.
Speaker 1: Peter Quill is accepted as the leader of the team, like they all default, even Rocket defaults to.
Speaker 2: Him as the leader.
Speaker 1: So it's like you can't accept that Peter Quills the leader and then be like this is my ship because not.
Speaker 2: It's not like a ship.
Speaker 1: Shut up, but like the first time is charming, the second time is charming. And then it gets when it kind of integrates into like you treated the milan or poorly, it's like, all right, shut up oosop, like fucking this isn't a one piece fucking arc again, like shit, And like I don't know, I really like Rocket as a character, but like John Luke says, his attitude over fifteen hours quickly becomes great. And it's especially the case when like, up until that point, you I took actions that were in Rockets favor, like because you can make these decision making moments where it's like Drax wants to do this thing but it involves throwing Rocket around and mistreating him a bit, and I was like, no, don't do that, and then he turns around is like fuck you. I'm the leader of this ship. This is my ship. You suck, And I'm like I should have thrown your ass into that ravine earlier. And it's like, I guess it is working in that in that way, but I don't think it's intended as to be that. But overall, yeah, I think I'm aligned with somehow I'm aligned with both Jordan and John Luke. Where to start with, I was like, this isn't hitting, and I'm and I'm upset about the fact that it's not hitting, and that is because it it kind of leads with the combat because it has a lot of explaining to do, but the combat is actually quite rudimentary and.
Speaker 4: Like the weakest part of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it looks.
Speaker 1: The thing about it is like it looks more involved than it actually is. I think the thing about it is it's like mechanically it has layers, Yeah, but none of those layers are essential, Like you can you can ignore every bit of guidance it gives you and just I'm attacked, I had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an incredibly dumb down version of Mass Effect and Dromeda as combat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just very I'm.
Speaker 4: Not even directing where these people are going. I'm just saying, like what attacks to use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even then it's like you don't pay attention.
Speaker 1: I think I remember it being like it felt like playing Dragon Age two where it's like at a certain point where I was like, I just don't care about who's doing what. I'm just gonna use everyone's attacks at the same time, and like it usually will destroy an enemy or it will do like I'll wait one call down period for everyone and just do it again and then everyone's dead. So it's like and then like another point where Jordan made in kind of like his review, which is excellently you should read it. Is it kind of positions star Lord as a kind of like a strategic element in the combat where he can like guide everyone and you know, hover over the battlefield and tell people what to do. But you never need to do that. There's no point.
Speaker 4: Did you ever use the hover ability after unlocking it on the games? Like use the hover ability to go up and direct the combat? And I did it that one time.
Speaker 3: Click in on the sticky So that that feels so cumbersome that you just never use Peter's abilities. I highly recommend you go into the settings and you set it so you just have to click instead of hold to activate Peter's abilities. That's an option yeah.
Speaker 1: So, so for context, how it works is most of the Guardian's abilities are like tied to a radio menu, which you like hold L one I think, and it brings them up and then you oh, the face buttons are tied to each of the members, and then you press that button, so let's say triangle for I think it's dras or something like that, and it will then bring up four additional buttons that are mapped to the face buttons, and those are specific abilities. But for Peter you have to like press down the left thumbstick to bring it up because the other buttons are taken up by the other men. Was the gudience, and I didn't even see that for a while. So I unlocked the abilities for him and then just forgot about them immediately. And then I saw that in the corner and I was like, oh, now that's where the abilities are, and.
Speaker 2: Then I started using them. I was like, I don't really need them, but that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I felt the same way where it's like because I had to like make a combat guy for a game spot, and so literally halfway through the game, I was like, I should probably learn how this combat actually works, because it was a thing where it was like, oh, I've been getting away with just hitting random buttons and being fine. Yeah, And then when I actually figured out how the combat worked, I was like, oh, there is depth here. There is all these like systems and terms. It was like stagger and elemental shots and all this stuff, and it does actually work. But like you said, you never need to do it because I just don't think the combat encounters themselves demand it. And then when I did learn how the combat actually worked and started to use those combos, it became so easy easy, like ridiculously easy. Like I put the game up too hard to try and like show like, oh the game's harder now, and like this is tricky, you know, like oh, i'll capture me dying. I went through an entire chapter without dying trying to intentionally, Like I wasn't trying to like die on purpose. I was like, I'll just die naturally. Because I put the game on the hardest difficulty. I was able to get through the entire chapter without dying until the very end because it yeah, just was like, oh, I know the exact buttons to hit to win now because I figured out.
Speaker 1: The comment it never puts you in a position where you need to think hard. It is the combat is literally the embodiment of that Indiana Jones scenes where the guy is doing the knife tricks and then Indie just shoots him. Like this, either you can take the long way or you can take this short way, and the short way is the easiest way, and you get to just walk away from the combat having and the other mechanic for combat before I move on to the other product is the.
Speaker 2: Huddle, which is a kind of weird.
Speaker 1: So another layer is you have these like cinematic finisher attacks which once you do a certain amount of damage or stunt or whatever, like you can press up two buttons and the guardians will team up to do a quick flourish.
Speaker 2: That is like I like that, it's cool. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Like you'll do a punch and then like Drags will do a drop kick and then that's it, or like Gomora will do a swords wipe or Rocket will drop a group do something that's cool.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't break up the flow of combat too much, and it's the kind of like a moment for you to pause and watch something cool happen. The other part of it is like you build up enough energy and you can do a huddle, which is like you press a button and the action comes to a stop. It goes into first person where you can see star Lord pull out his walkman and turn some music on. They all gather around you, so you're like staring at them face to face as if it's like a mass effect conversation, and they're all like, damn.
Speaker 2: This sucks.
Speaker 1: Why is no one letting me kill everyone? And then Gomor's like stay out of my way, and then rockets like this is my ship, and then group it's like I am grow and then you're like, dude, come on, let's let's work together. And depending on your choices, like you either go back in there with like healed health or buff damage or like some small it's entirely pointless, like it's it's so superfluous unnecessary.
Speaker 3: Thing I do love about that though, is that I don't know if you noticed, but the speech that Peter gives is is like loosely tied to the license song that plays after. Yeah, it's really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it seems like they came up with a cool idea and it was like, it seems like this they came up with this idea the day that they got confirmation that they were going to make the Guardians game, and they were like, what if we did this thing where everyone huddles around you and it's really cool, or we can have like the licensed music in the background and the things that they're saying, we'll appear in text behind them. And everyone went, yeah, that would be so cool, and then it like it just no one went this is kind of breaking the flow of the combat, and it's kind of awkward.
Speaker 3: Also, it's really because like accidentally press it, accident it Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the thing about it is like the combat is easy enough where you're absolutely whooping ass and then like you're.
Speaker 2: Like, why would I need I don't need to motivate them. They're just destroying everyone, Like I have no like this. If it was like.
Speaker 1: Constantly like, oh my god, I'm on the edge of my like health bar, I'm about to die here, and I use it and it like brings everyone up, that would be great.
Speaker 2: But I've never.
Speaker 1: Been below half health in this game, so why would I ever do appreciate that?
Speaker 3: They at least like wrote dialogue for when you're winning and you get in so it's like they're all just like really like, yeah, we're kicking ass. This is amazing, and Peters like, hey, guys.
Speaker 4: Just like why are you playing?
Speaker 3: You just gotta you gotta stay loose and you know, so don't worry about it, and then like don't worry, be happy plays and you're like all right, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I will say, like, the one thing that I really like about it that I hope in some way can be evolved upon by some RPG maker somewhere is the idea that for so long, choice driven RPGs have been like, look, there's the comment sections, and then there's the dialogue choice making sections, and those never like intertwine in any conceivable way. And this one doesn't quite do it because, like Tam said, like basically combat stops even like you're in the middle of about to die for some reason. It's like, oh, all the enemies take a break to let you have the chance to do a pep talk.
Speaker 2: But if there was like some see the camera pull out while that's happening.
Speaker 4: I would love if there was like some conceivable way for someone who's making like an action RPG to make it where you're occasionally having to respond to conversations in the midst of combat, like not all the time, but like like just using mass effect as like an example, because like that's like the go to thing. Like Jack and Miranda like hate each other a lot in mass effect too, and they have like that huge confrontation in mass effect too that everyone has, but like just going through it, like there would have been moments like during fights where like Jack would have gotten Miranda's way and Miranda would have gotten in Jack's way and they would have started bickering, and Shepherd would have had to have like harald them back like hey, like this is not the ideal time to do that, and maybe you would have even had to have done like a renegade thing to like snap them back and like refocus them. And So I like the idea that Guardians is presenting here, and I hope someone takes them, like, oh, let's try to take the like choice consequence driven like dialogue thing and find a way to put it in combat without interrupting combat the way that uh it is like there, I don't know how you do it. Someone smarter than me has to figure it out. But the idea of like you're in the middle of a fight and maybe like one or two people are arguing and that's causing you to lose because they're not focusing and you need to say something like in that moment, like a little dialogue prompt comes up. It's like you have this choice, this choice or this choice, and you have to say the right thing to like refocus the squad in the myths of the fight. And I'm like, I like this idea, it's just not I had. I had the exact the same thought.
Speaker 1: I had this exact same thought, and I thought about it long enough to convince myself that it's going to be in the.
Speaker 3: Next Like I was like, they have to be really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like yeah, so long and short story combat not great. However, what I will say I really really enjoyed, and I am enjoying because I'm not finished yet is the characters. And I'd say the character more than the story because the story takes a long time to get going. It feels like a like a boring family vlog day for the Guardians up until a certain point, they're basically yeah, they're basically like we got they basically going to the fucking going to pay a bill, like for for like five hours and it's like, oh my god, come on. But then like when the proper like pieces are and then the galaxy saving part comes in, it starts to like pick up some steam. I would say the characters I enjoy way more, the relationships and the between them. I think it really kicks off when you meet Niki and without spoiling what is going on there, like I don't want to say what is happening, but like you meet up with the Novacoor and like.
Speaker 2: That's where it starts to pop off.
Speaker 1: And I feel like from that point on, you're like, up until that point, I was like, yep, this has certainly got the Guardians of the Galaxy in it, and then stuff happens on that first introduction of Niki and you're like, oh I see oh interesting, and then you're like okay, now now it's like literally I had a sit up moment where I was like slouching and I was like, oh, I see you, and I sat up in my eus like how do you pay attention going down here? And from that point on it I feel like it's way better in terms of having that context and that be like the seed day plant and then carrying on, they kind of so far. Anyway, they keep alluding to it, and I really like it. And that's when stuff like the flashbacks to Peter's like younger with his in his home is like way more effective because it also feels like set up for another story beat, and then from that point on it kind of also blows like blows the world out a bit further and explores the weirder side of the cosmic part of the Marvel universe. It's got one of my favorite characters from Marvel, Cosmo in there.
Speaker 2: Like I love Cosmo is.
Speaker 1: A Russian dog that is like also one of the most powerful characters in space Marvel Space canon, and like they characterized Cosmo really well, where like one of my favorite touches is he Cosmo doesn't call them the Guardians of the Galaxy. He calls him the Guardian of the Galaxies, which is just like a slight error on his part, but it sounds like it's way better and like it's really good and every now and then, like and he's like the security chief of an area, and like he goes from between like this very stern character who's got history with Peter Quill and is like deadly serious about security to like suddenly just being a dog and chasing a ball and and like so he'll be like go from pissed off at Rocket to be like suddenly he's got a squishy ball in his mouth and wants to play fetch. And it's like and it's also a like astronaut and like such a great character. Yeah, it's like so wholesome, and like Cosmo is currently like my MVP of that game, and like just just give me a whole Cosmo game because it's incredible. But you also meet like Lady Hellbender, and there's some really nice setup for like context because drax Is by that point has killed Thanos, which isn't a which isn't a spoiler. It's like something they mentioned like early.
Speaker 4: In The Destroyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they call him the Destroyer because he is that.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because you think he'd be on top of the world, especially if you the only context you you have is the MCU movies where he's that was his ultimate goal and you know he's never kind of achieved that. But here he's kind of on a calm down after becoming that the Destroyer, and it's interesting there.
Speaker 2: Gomora is in a similar.
Speaker 1: Space where she's like betrayed uh Thanos and Nebula, and it's kind of like finding her own way, and there's different different things happening in in characterization and context why it's not really really interesting. So I have like currently where I'm at, I quite like the game. I wouldn't say I enjoy playing the game, but I do like being in that world. I think the acting is really good. I think like the the facial capture is extremely good, Like yeah, I don't surprisingly, I was like the fuck, this is like unnecessarily good like as and then you remember who the developers are and you're like, oh, right makes the game so of course, Like the motion captures, yeah exactly, and like to the point where like you can see that the lip synking is very good, and then like the subtle like micro expressions in faces that really help sell emotional moments. You're like, wow, that's really good, which makes a lot of sense because you need, like you need to be able to do like Rocket slightly bearing his teeth and you know, go more of frowning in a very specific way, or like you need drax Is like expressions to sell a comedic delivery on a line. And it does it really really well. So I'm at the stage now where I'm like, this is a this is a good game. This is a good game. I wish the combat was a bit bad. I wish yeah, it's a good movie. I wish that they had put a little more thought into into the hard mode, because that feels like a good kind of solution where it's like, on this mode, we've got we need to, you know, make sure there's no barriers for people who know and love the Guardians of the Galaxy because of MCU. But if you want, like you, if you're a gamer and you need to be challenged and you need to think about your combat, go to this mode. But instead, as Jordan points out, it's basically like more health, more damage scenario instead of like enemies have new abilities and or moves, or they're like you have.
Speaker 2: To be a little more strategic. It's just like whatever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, in the dichotomy of recent Marvel games, this for me like it's probably just under maybe just with Marvel Spider Man Miles Morales, but it's like definitely under the original Marvel Spider Man, and it's like way above Mars significant.
Speaker 3: It was like the whole time I was playing it.
Speaker 1: As the as the resident apologists for Marvels Avengers. I will say it does have the the same kind of energy as the Marvels Avengers single.
Speaker 2: Player, yes, which is like that kind of a good.
Speaker 1: Story, a good wholesome story, which the characters are really driving it and it's a contained, good experience. So I think they're comparable on that level. I would even say, like, obviously I have a personal connection to Gormala, but like I enjoy the simile player on that perhaps a.
Speaker 2: Bit more, but still like I feel like they're on part.
Speaker 1: When you introduce the the games as the service stuff less so, but that's the kind of energy we're coming at it from, like if you want, kind.
Speaker 3: Of a fair comparsion point.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think that's a There was a thorough exploration of.
Speaker 4: The explanation of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you should definitely check it out.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's a good time.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think like if you.
Speaker 1: Paid full price for it, most people, if you have an interest in the Guardians, most people walk away thinking, yeah, that was worth it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna like quickly quickly go through uh two of these and because I share two other games with people so we can do somewhat converse with them. But obviously playing more Apex. Season eleven is going to start on November second, so I'm just getting back into the swing of things and just playing that game again, making sure I'm not rusty when that kicks off. Always playing Apex Love Apex hasn't really changed except that they've patched some of the bugs that they had at the end of the season, so that's good. Been playing Disciples Liberation, which is just a CRPG that CRPG franchise that existed like ten fifteen years ago, the Disciples series. It took a really really long hiatus and they came back with this fourth game. Niche audience. It's more about like building armies than like creating a squad, but in this one they tried to do a little bit of both and it's pretty good. I'm enjoying it so far. It's probably like, in a very very low portion of my top tenure, playing as a woman who discovered this like magical city and this connection to this dark power. You think, oh, I can use this to like save myself and my childhood friends because we're all really poor and we can build an army and protect each other, and along the way you kind of stumble into like a world ending prophecy and standard like RPG affair. There's Xbox and PlayStation versions of it, and it runs surprisingly well on consoles. If you're just like in the mood for like a Divinity Original Sin two eighty hour RPG, I would highly recommend it, but I don't think it does anything like outstandingly different from what has come before. And then the other things I've been playing. I've been playing Inscription, which is kind of like a game that's been going around the Twitter sphere a bit to the chagrin of most people. I don't want to like talk about it in a way that spoils it, because I know a lot of people probably want to experience it. For the first hand, I am not a huge fan of Inscription. I'm currently on the second part of the game, and the second part is, in my opinion, much weaker than the first part. But I adored the first part, and just based on conversations with other people, I know that there are three parts of this game, so I'm hoping the third part brings me back in and I think that's the least spoiler way that that's.
Speaker 3: Interesting the first part, so I don't have that comparison for like how it changes, but I absolutely am in love with the first part. It's so good. It's so good. Yeah, it's like, yeah, you're right, Like I want to talk about it, but I also don't want to say anything about it, but I feel like I should because a lot of people are probably like, what even is this game? It's it's a card game. It's a it's a like the basic thing is just like, oh, it's a video game card game. And the vein of like that has become a genre that has exploded and uh, maybe over been oversaturated, which is to say I'm not particularly a huge fan of video game card games. Uh they at least like in a traditional sense, like I I'm not that into building decks really like having to micromanage cards and like figure them out in a way that it just kind of overwhelms me. And I'm like, ah, I'm just this isn't really what I care about. Uh, this game, I think does a brilliant job of It's like it's it's the card game for people who don't like video game card games. Because I don't like them. My girlfriend doesn't like them. We're both like this game rules because I think it's just does such a smart job of very slowly introducing elements of the cards to you in a way that isn't overwhelming or annoying. It's very digestible. It also will frequently kind of bend its rules or introduce a new rule to you that kind of helps you in your favor. So it feels like that you're never getting stuck in the game in a way that I find with some card games where you're like, oh, this just sucks or I don't have the right deck. That can still happen in this game. But like, even like when you start over you get like a new card that is stupidly overpowered. Usually that is like, okay, this is here to like help you progress forward. I'm trying to be so vague about this, but I find I find the actual act of like playing the cards to be very satisfying in a way that for me normally does not click. So I would say, if you're somebody who is hesitant about card games and are like, ah no, I don't think i'll play this. I don't really like card games, I would recommend giving this a chance.
Speaker 4: I would also like add that, like just so people know, like if you know there are things in spookier games that trigger you, like look at the trigger warnings for this game before diving. If you just dive into this straight without looking at the trigger warnings, you might you might encounter content that's not great.
Speaker 5: Just what I was going to.
Speaker 2: I was going.
Speaker 5: I kind of like card games. I mess with them a little bit of gotten into like games like Gwent and Heartstone even for a little bit. And I've tried some other like little deck building games here and there, so I'm open to them. It's just for some reason when I when I see inscription places, I'm just like, is that a scary game? Should I be trying this at all? And me, you know Davante and horror, let's put this on the tender profile as well. Okay, That's why I was That's why I was trying to like feel it out a little bit interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for me, like I'm not that I'm not super far in so for me, it doesn't feel like horror. It feels like a spooky escape room currently. Well I can I can. I imagine it will get the thing I like about Inscription, I think it does better than every every other card based game, is it kind of it teaches you how to play the game in a way that's more engaging than any other card game, where every other card game tutorial feel like it is like breaking the world, where it's like explaining shit to you in a very mechanical and like instruction manual way. It's like you need to pick up two cards and then flip this shit and then this still happened, whereas in this like you have a it's almost in world where this character is showing you how to play the game, but it's like teaching you about the world itself, and it's like letting you absorb the kind of vibe of the game through teaching you that it will be like you know, this figure is which like currently it reminds me of the crypt keeper from Tales from the Crypt Like is kind of like berating you and showing you how what to do, and it kind of has this antagonistic relationship where it feels like it's trying to train you up to be a viable opponent for them. And that's what I like about it is that it doesn't feel like you're playing a card game. A lot of the time, at least in the first few hours, it feels like you're just in this world and it's kind of like a sore slash escape room vibe. You just wake up and you're like, what the hell is going on, and like this jigsaw like figure is in front of you talking about let's play.
Speaker 2: A game or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And then suddenly you've got the ability to walk around this room and you're like, oh shit, there's like puzzles in this room and items and stuff like that, and you start piecing things together, and I think that's the real strength for me, right. I think it's one of those games where if if you're okay with like spooky slash, horror slash, you know, kind of unsettling vibes, and you're into the idea of a card game, those boxes ticked. I think this is one of the games that makes the strongest first impression of a game in a long long time. Like, because I'm into all that stuff. Card game is probably Bartle Model List. I don't super like them, but I will play them. But like the moment I put this on, like ten seconds in, I was like, oh, I am very into this. This is like good, Like I like how this is feeling and how this is presented. So yeah, I think that's that's definitely something that it's got going for it.
Speaker 2: I'm interested to see because if.
Speaker 1: John Luke and Jordan have mentioned this kind of like half halfway point or like there's a second half to the game, which I'm interested in seeing how that hits. But so far, I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I please both of you, like keep playing this game, because I desperately want to get your feedback on the thing.
Speaker 3: I expect it to go places.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how to talk about without spoiling it, So I'm just gonna wait until you tube get to that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's anything else.
Speaker 4: Jordan, I've been playing Moon Globe Bay, and by playing, I mean like I played for like forty five minutes an hour last night, and so I don't know how you feel about DeVonta. Can see that you've played it to It's it's pretty cute, it's pretty wholesome. It's like, oh, did do you like the fishing aspect of animal crossing and you kind of like just want to do that aspect of the game in a story like that's tied to grief and handling grief and moving on in a very wholesome, cutesy setting. I was not expected, but it hasn't like been super hitting it for me, but like it has some great ideas, I think.
Speaker 5: So my time with it consisted of I played around the same amount as well, like forty five minutes to an hour, but unfortunately a chunk of that time was just kind of trying to figure out what was wrong with the version I was playing. I don't know what, Jordan, what were you playing on?
Speaker 4: I was playing on Xbox. I just used which which Xbox series X exactly?
Speaker 5: That might be the reason I'm playing on just an old Xbox one s I believe it is. And the frame rate and the way the like, I kind of thought it was on purpose. It just really has this like jaggedy feel to it that was kind of like weird to look at. So I was like, all right, that's maybe that's just what they were going for, a lego movie kind of vibe, since it's all vauxhol and stuff. But then I saw someone playing it on like YouTube or Twitch, and I was like, that looks smooth. What's happening here. So I downloaded it on PC and plays way better on PC. So I was like, all right, this is where I'm going to stay. And I tried to open my map and it refused to open no matter what button I pressed. I went back to keyboard and I was like, what's going on? Went back to Xbox. Still won't open. So that save file something happened with it. So it was just so I started a new save file and that kind of fixed a lot of my issues. But I'm just like, I'll come.
Speaker 2: Back to you.
Speaker 5: What I've played with it. Though You're totally right, it is just like kind of, you know, dealing with that grief that your character goes through. I like that it, you know, it slaps you with that inclusion right away as you're like making your character. So for some context, you get like a choice of four characters. You pick one, you choose their pronouns and their name, and then one of the other three is going to be your partner once you start the game. But I like the fishing mechanics, the music and stuff like that. So far it seems pretty cute going into it. I don't know how long I would play it, since it is just kind of like phishing. But there there is I think I read like over one hundred species of fish in there, so you got a lot to do in terms of catching stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like the ideal I think game game where this is a game. I think that if I had like seen it on the Xbox Store and it would have been like, I don't know, twenty forty dollars whatever, and I would have seen it been like, ah, this is kind of like going for vibes that I usually go for in games. And Lynna Raine the composer for a Chicory and Celeste they're the ones who do the music for No Wonder Glow. So I'm like, oh, I really like their music, so maybe I'll check it out. But like with game Pass, it was like an immediate day one download. I'm trying it, I'm playing it, and that the minimum. I'm going to probably give it like a good three ish hours before coming on a verdict of like I like this game, I want to keep playing, or I don't like this game and I'm going to stop, which I think is going to do wonders for it. I'm I'm not convinced with how like jam Packed the latter half of October and first half of November are in terms of release. Is that this game would have like done reasonably well without this little game pass boost. But yeah, I'll probably have a bit more to talk about it on a later podcast, assuming I keep playing it and playing way too many games right now. There are too many games.
Speaker 2: Right now, Davante. You've been playing Echo Generation, tell us a bit about that.
Speaker 5: So Echo Generation also another like Vauxhall's style game. It's just taken over game pass right now. It is a turn based RPG with you know, like a lot of that like eighties kids investigating supernatural stuff around that town. But also they're really into making short films about aliens and stuff because you know, that's just what they do and and all of those stories. That was the time they all wanted to be Spielberg. But so far my time with it, I played a little more of it of this than I did of Moon Glow because this one didn't give me as many problems. It's odd. Maybe it's because I didn't really like watch or look at anything before going into it. You know, you kind of start off the game, you come downstairs, your mom tells you, hey, take your little sister out of the house. I don't care what you guys do, just get her out of the house.
Speaker 4: In a way from me solid parenting, and.
Speaker 5: Your first conversation with her kind of sets you off on these like what I guess I'm gonna call like trading puzzles because she's like, fine, i'll hang out with you, but you got to bring me a traffic home. And that's kind of what a lot of the game is. It is kind of like, hey, I need that thing, and they're like, okay, i'll give you that screwdriver, if you find me some wires, I'll give you that sandwich, if you find me a toy truck. Like it's things like that, And I was like, that's and immediately you go outside and it doesn't introduce you to the combat or anything. I was kind of expecting to kind of be gracefully brought into the combat. So I went outside looking for a traffic cone and you bump into a raccoon that's in a garbage can, and this raccoon talks. You can understand the raccoon, and it kicked my ass right way, which I wasn't expecting. Overall, though I have I'm like kind of enjoying it, but at the same time I wish some things were different, whereas I kind of wish the enemies dropped health or something, or you could find more around the world, because say you're fighting someone and then you die, you come back with like a portion of your health, like fairly like in a respond spot. But to get all of that health back, especially at the point where I'm at where I've kind of used all of my snacks, so I can't just eat one to get my health all the way back up, you have to run all the way back to your character's house, go inside, go all the way back into his room, go to sleep, and then come back out run all the way back to that fighting counter.
Speaker 4: That sounds annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that.
Speaker 5: That portion of it is getting a little annoying to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I like, I want to check it out, but it seems like I think, yeah, it's game poss is also in a danger of, like I love game pass over saturation, Yeah, over saturation of things, if you get what I mean, I would love it if they kind of We've talked about this before, like better discovery, better spotlighting, but kind of like because a Live Arcade Back in the day, remember when they had like we're dropping games on a more like.
Speaker 2: Considered pace.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like a new game ever. You when something like that where it's like you just knew, Oh, I could turn on my Xbox three sixty every Wednesday and there would be a new indie game like on Live Arcade that I could check out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now it's just like a bunch of them show up and then they quickly vanish into the like just the kind of like ocean of them that is there.
Speaker 3: Better.
Speaker 2: I wish there were a little.
Speaker 3: Bit better curation too, like they could really I think I pull from like Netflix and like I need like, hey, if you like this kind of game, you should play this, or like can I start buy co Oper?
Speaker 1: You know, they have a bit of that, but I don't know, like it feels very hit and miss. And the thing that I'm I would really like about it is like sell the games better within game Pass or not sell them market them a better because like I look at something like Echo Generation and I struggle to even think about what, like how is it different from this next one that is right next to it, like on Cited or you know, there's obviously big differences, but like I wish they had a bit better about we're a bit better about. Hey, this is really cool. This is the what everyone's talking about. This is why it's a thing. And because they're like release schedule on game Park game past, like our lived arcade back in the day, it was like everyone knew what was coming, They had like an idea of what it was and whether it was cool, and they'd all collectively.
Speaker 2: Check it out together.
Speaker 1: Now it's just like it's like a pick and mix where you can dip in and out.
Speaker 4: But here's a dump of seven new games.
Speaker 3: They need like a page that like really sells you on the game, like a spotlight thing where it's like, hey, here's the game. Here's like the trailer, like really like trying to yeah again just like give it its due and be like, hey, this is the game we all really recommend you play this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Apple kind of does it with their arcade stuff, like they do a decent job of it where they have clearly people are like writing about the game and like, hey, this is why this thing is cool, and generally it's not like here's this game we're gonna show for money. It's usually like, oh, there's this little hidden gem over here that we think is cool, and it feels like they've got actual editors working on curating stuff, finding games that they think are cool, and then talking about them. I'd love it if they, like the editorial team over at Xbox did a similar thing and where it was like, hey, we think this game is I mean, they keep hiring people from the games you know, writing world, so put them to use on you know, some of the some of them, I should use them to like, let some folks be like, this game is cool, I mean, write a little piece about it and we'll put it up and maybe people will be convinced into playing it.
Speaker 4: It's a problem they're going to just keep running into, especially when like twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, and like all those studios that Xbox bought, they start putting their games on game Pass and it's like, well, how does moon Glow saddle up to Halo and Gears, Sex and Avowed and all these other first party Xbox titles that will also be on game Pass. A good point day one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if only there was some sort of game Pass show that.
Speaker 4: Someone could only.
Speaker 1: To to see what is up there and if you're if you're missing the joke there, we have a game pass show in which we do exactly that.
Speaker 2: So keep an eye keep an eye up for that. You can you can watch those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, is there anything else that you've been backing out that you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: Nothing else really just for CRI six, Like I was away from my consoles for a while and after it came out, so I'm finally just trying to dive back into that.
Speaker 4: Did the email bring you back or have you just been.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think I've gotten an email. I should check, but now, yeah, I just jumped back in myself just to kind of.
Speaker 2: That is such a beautiful I think.
Speaker 1: I think if it was literally any other game from any other company, I think most people would be like, that's pretty cool, that's kind of that's kind of interesting. Like if it was a message from I don't know, mister X the Resident Evil to remake, you'd be like, that's the where I'm going. Yeah, But because it's because it's far crying UBI stuff, you know that there's like a corporate person who's behind that to be like we need engagement to be higher in this game, and you're like, I can see the mechan I can see the manipulative mechanism behind this instead of the creative kind of like thinking that went into it. I think that makes it a little worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently has done that for years now.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I kind of point out I've noticed it with the Assassin's Creed actually.
Speaker 3: But I think, yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: I would love it.
Speaker 1: Imagine getting a fucking you know, playing Mario car and then later on two weeks later, getting an email from Warrio holding a blue shell guy in like where You're bitch, Like.
Speaker 3: That would be like emailing you being like, we got to say, what are you doing? I gotta get back in there. It's sad you fee just like you haven't played with No.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, Jean Luke, we talked about Guardian, we talked about inscription. You what else you got cooking?
Speaker 3: I have been checking out The Darkest Dungeon too, how oh it's so dark the second darkest, although I'm not actually in a dungeon in this one.
Speaker 4: You so false advertising.
Speaker 3: I actually haven't been paying too much attention to this game outside of like them saying like we're making the Darkest Dungeon too, because I was like, perfect, cool, I don't need to know anything else, just tell me when the game's out. And then everyone was like, hey, the game's out today, and I was like, awesome, let me go play it. It's a lot different than I expected, which is kind of what the developers has said is they didn't want to just do a repeat of the first game. So for those who didn't play the first game, basically the rhythm of that game was you had this town which was kind of your base, and you would collect these mercenaries that you would use to build play party. You would throw them at these like different dungeons, all all for the goal to get to the Darkest Dungeon. And it was essentially just this depressing grind fest where you are just throwing these bodies at this problem. And the game was kind of very much designed in a way where like letting people die is kind of the point and sort of like the way to beat the game, because like it's like, don't care about these characters, don't get invested because they.
Speaker 2: Don't name them.
Speaker 3: Don't name them, Yeah, yeah, you can name them, and you like, after a while you give up on that because you're like, nah, it's like your body numbers yes.
Speaker 2: Immediately.
Speaker 1: It is very much like you're making friends as an adult, where you're like, yeah, we met, but we're probably not going to know each other all week from now.
Speaker 3: But this game so far is very different, where instead the premise is you are on basically like the the evil that kind of stemmed from the Cursed Mansion in the first game has just infected the entire planet and everything is just completely fucked and you are traveling in this like carriage and you're trying to get to this mountain, and the mountain is like the new like dungeon where everything is like the evil is stemming from and your goal is to try and get there. And so you have a group of adventurers and you're actually supposed to kind of keep them going throughout most of the game if you can, which is very different. So like you it's like the setup is actually like in three D, where it's like a three D carriage and you're going through this different environment, so like you'll go through like a forest, or you'll go through a like a like a ruined city, and you basically will like have split paths where you decide like, Okay, if I go this way, the be a like a hospital I can get to. If I go this way, they'll be potentially like a treasure chest. And so like that is the dungeoneering part, and instead you just in between each dungeon section, which is very long. They they're like a good forty five minutes to an hour, I want to say longest dungeon. The longest dungeon, you'll end up at an inn, and then the inn is like the moment where you like reprieve yourself for a second and then you get back in it and you keep going. So it's got a very different rhythm than the first game. I'm still pretty early where I'm not sure how I feel about that rhythm, but I do like that they're trying to give more weight to the characters you are in your party, so they put a lot of stock. They have all the thing that the first game has where you'll have characters who have like different traits and attributes. It's like, oh, you know, they this person kind of like went insane because they're like sanity meter fell too low and now they've developed this negative trait or sometimes develop a positive trait out of it now they have actual relationships between the characters, so you'll do things like hey, I had my healer heal my my crusader, my tank, and they're like, hey, thanks for healing me, and they'll they'll get like a boost to their relationship.
Speaker 4: And then how very fire emblem, and as.
Speaker 3: That develops over time, you will get like boosts where they'll they'll just like say things to each other like hey, man, like you're great and like this. And I had these two characters who were flirting with each other on the battlefield, which is weird. They kept being like, oh, like you're too cute to die, like I'm going to help you out, and like fires like okay. But then, unlike fire Emblem, it can go the other way where they can just absolutely hate each other, and unfortunately it kind of just very quickly devolved into all of My party members as polutely hating and not trusting each other. Like every time I would kill an enemy, my crusader would just be like really mad because he'd be like, you took my glory. I was supposed to get that killed and I was like, dude, I gotta you just I need they need to fight, like I don't know what you want. And then it got to the point glory where he was so mistrustworthy of my healer that I couldn't heal him. I'd be like, dude, I need to heal you, and he'd be like, don't give me that. I don't trust you. I don't know what's in there, and I'd be like, oh my god. So it's got that that same thing in the first game, where it's just like these odds are just stacking against you, and at a certain point the characters are like refusing to do the obvious thing you need to do to get through this, and you're like this, oh my gosh, this is going so badly. It's I mean, if you didn't like how frustrating and oppress of the first game is, like, let me tell you this game is not for you, it is still that is even more oppressive in many ways. But I and it's still early access, so like the developers have been very up front of bout, like, hey, a lot of this might not even be balanced correctly, because I definitely felt like it was swinging way too hard to all my party members being really antagonistic towards each other, and I couldn't fix it either like I got back to the inn and I was like, Okay, I can finally solve this, and I just didn't have any items that because you can like give them things of like, hey, you should all play cards to like get to know each other better. And I just didn't have any items that repaired any relationships. So I'm going into the next run, the next area with all of them absolutely hating each other, and I'm like, they're all gonna die. This just isn't gonna go well at all. The one thing that is interesting is even if you lose, there is now a profile rank system where as you lose, you unlock new like items and abilities and characters that then get added to the run over time. So there is a seems to be they're trying to incorporate some level of okay, like we don't want this to feel completely all for nothing, Like the game does say like, hey, even if the run is going bad and you know you're going to lose, it is worth going as far as you can because you'll get more points that will then go into your profile system. But I haven't seen enough of that to tell how meaningful that is or how much like that actually benefits you because it's still just so so hard, and it could be so demoralizing when you're like, I've built this perfect run and then just it only takes one fight for everything to go so horribly wrong. I mean, the first time I played it, I got through like the basic tutorial and I was like, all right, first first area, let's go, let's do this. I've played Darkest Dungeon. I'm a seasoned player. I died on the second site. I was like, oh my god, this game is going to kick my ass. And then my second round I did significantly better, but I was like, oh boy, so yeah, like a really cool game. I like that they're trying something different. I I don't know if the balance is quite there yet on some of that stuff, but like I said, it's early access, so I just kind of know that going in if you do decide to try it, that like it's not maybe it might kick your ass a little a little too much. For now, the.
Speaker 5: Game sounds perfect for what Jordan was mentioning earlier, like if you could just kind of stop their fighting while you're fighting and just be like, hey, guys, is.
Speaker 4: That's just everyone? Everyone? Please? Like, can we just get through this. Yeah, you will discuss your issues the next rest.
Speaker 1: It sounds like an interesting evolution of the previous game while also being as brutal as the previous game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything else you got cooking?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I've been playing N sixty four games, but not in the way you think, because I did not get the Switch and sixty four. Because I thought about.
Speaker 4: It, you're not a sucker.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, you know, I'm curious about those, and I'm also going to get the Animal Crossing thing. And then I saw I saw everyone talk about it, and I was like, nah, I'll just buy the Animal Crossing expansion on my own. That's probably a better deal. But funny enough, Like on Sunday, right before all that stuff with the Switch and four games came out, I got back in the mail my modded END sixty four, which I modded with HDMI. So, y'all suckers have been playing busted versions of a Grind of Time and I'm out here playing Wave Race. I'm a four K TV having a great time.
Speaker 1: There's something like I get the same vibe from, like learning old consoles have been outfitted with hahgo my like an N sixty four or a dream car as I get from like learning about body horror, which is like there's something like unsettling, like it's not right.
Speaker 3: Like is it's like should at work.
Speaker 1: It's like giving like your grandparents like a a I don't know, like a mechanical limb, or giving them like some sort of like cybernetic implant.
Speaker 2: You're like this, yeah, don't do that to your granddad. Leave it alone, like.
Speaker 3: It's it's my wild because for those of you who don't know, like who didn't have an n sixty four, that system has this like in order to try and like make it look more appealing because of like how awful the alien thing looks and how like kind of shit the graphics look. Nintendo is like we're just going to like smear some vacoline over the entire system. So it has like this blur to it that is very much like a part of that game system or part of that game is like aesthetic at this point. Because it's built into the system, there's no way to turn it off. Even if you were to get like cleaner cables, like if you were to get an HDMI and plug it in, it's still like, well, it still looks blurry because the system just has that blur built in. The mod I got lets you turn that blur off, which does give you this like weirdly unnatural, like you weren't supposed to experience these games looking like this, Like this looks too clean.
Speaker 4: Now, doctor Frankenston over here diving into the forbidden arts.
Speaker 3: It's fascinating, though, It's like really fun to like go back and be like what is ah, Like, ooh, look how like crisp this looks. But it's like it's not gonna look as good as an emulator, like I mean, like objectively, like if you were to look at the switch ones, like they look better because the internal resolution in those games have been bumped up, so like yeah, they look like clean and sharp sharp edges in a way that this is like, well, no, the resolution is like so so low internally that it's like I have cleaned it up and it's like a clean signal, but it's still just it looks like an N sixty four game. But it's it's fascinating to to like mess with that stuff. The mod also has this really great built in like CRT scan line feature, which I'm normally not a big fan of I don't like that on like older consoles because I'm like, now, give me them like sharp, sharp pixels. I want to see I want to see that stuff as sharp as possible. But I think because the graphics on the N sixty four look so bad, like haven't aged the best, that the CR the scan line filter actually makes them look way more palatable to play. So something about like you get that clean signal from the HD mind, then you put on the scan line filter and you're like, yeah, yeah, this hits. So it's it's cool. If you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars to mod your N sixty four, you can go check it out. It's called the N sixty four Digital Pixel FX. You have to buy the thing and then you have to modit, which, by the way, modding it is extremely complicated. It is not a beginner mod so I actually had to send it out to a guy to get it modded. So yes, I spent I spent more money than I should just so that I could plug an.
Speaker 4: N sixty four sixty four.
Speaker 3: But I can play the N sixty four games that Nintendo will never, never ever put out on their modern systems. I can play Golden Eye and I can play you know, the OG version of Perfect Dark and all that stuff. So it's cool. Yeah, it's fun and sixty fourth hot right now.
Speaker 2: I respect that you went for it, that you're willing to commit money to it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the pandemic. What else are you going to do with that money? Nothing, We're burning a hole in your pocket.
Speaker 2: Cool? And then can we get an update on your horror movies? Please?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, I live for these, Yes, absolutely, so let me pull up the list, because I think last we talked about we talked about a bunch of stuff. I think we ended with us seeing Conjuring this last moe we saw. So we watched the og Halloween or maybe a dimension og Halloween. I don't remember if I didn't, we watched og Halloween.
Speaker 2: It was very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we watched Reanimator. Have you just seen Reanimator?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I don't, Okay, it doesn't sound.
Speaker 3: Reanimator is a I think eighties or nineties comedy, horror comedy. It's like it's it's called HP Lovecraft's re Animator. I don't know if it's actually based on an HP Lovecraft thing, because it is very like contemporary. It's basically just about this like crazy mad scientist guy from Switzerland who has a serum that brings bodies back from the dead and he's obsessed with it, and it just it's just trashy, trashy horror nonsense. It's so the most famous thing about this movie is that there is a decapitated head that goes down on a woman in this movie is all right, and that is both as weird and disturbing and awkward as as it sounds. I really enjoyed this film. It's weird, trashy nonsense. It's it's if you're into that kind of style of like horror, I highly recommend it. It's it's very strange. The probably the one that I want to like really talk about, though, is Gingersnaps, because yeah, what a film. Holy shit, Uh, the perfect.
Speaker 4: Follow up for watching What is it Jennifer's Body?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it's basically the same, the same, Like you should watch them if you haven't seen.
Speaker 3: It's the exact same film, but it came out like nine years earlier and is, in my opinion, the better film. It's so good. I knew nothing about it going in, so I don't want to like spoil too much for those who don't know, but basically, it's it's like a small it's very it's like a small indie film about two sisters and then like a thing happens, and I guess if you've seen Jennifer's body you can kind of infer maybe something happens to one of the sisters and then like things go from there.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: But what I love about the film is the characterization of the sisters, who are these like late nineties early two thousands, like depressed emo teens who just hate everyone and like everyone in the movie is just like such an asshole. Like the girls are an asshole, all of their classmates are an assholes. They like. The sweetest character in the movie is their mom, who is just like this very naive, overly supportive mom who is just like trying so hard to like bond with her kids and just doesn't understand like what they're going through, both because they're teens but also because they're going through some like weird, fucked up horror movie shit. But I was so impressed with its like portrayal of its of its female characters. It's a movie written by a woman and it stars like you know, female leads, but it's very much a horror movie about out like teen girls, and like a lot of it is like the horror of the movie is like a metaphor for puberty. But where most movies I feel like, use like teenage girls and teenage girls puberty as sort of like a punchline, like you know, like ew, that's oh, teen girls are gross and the stuff they have to deal with is gross and like kind of make fun of it. This movie feels way more respectful, and it's like it's like it's like it's made for teen girls who are like into this kind of shit. It's like it's again it's hard to describe it that like going to spoilery, but I was impressed with how weirdly progressive this movie felt, especially for a movie that came out in two thousand where there was definitely not uh any respects you've made towards you know, like teen girls from the stuff they like and and I I was just enthralled the whole way through. I I absolutely loved it. It's it's maybe up there now with some of my favorite favorite films.
Speaker 5: It's a trilogy.
Speaker 3: Absolutely give it a watch. It's oh boy, I, Uh, so I went down the I didn't watch the other two, so I will say it the first movie ended in such a perfect way. I will warn you the movie is it's a it's a comedy, and it's definitely got some funny stuff too it, but it also gets very serious. And also there's a lot of dog murder and dog death. It's it's very it can it kind of depend on you, Like Georgia, she can be kind of sensitive to animal cruelty, but it looks fake enough that she was like, yeah, this like doesn't bother me. Also, it's the two thousands movie. Don't use any CG. Like all all the horror stuff is all like practical effects, and it looks really good like they I thought they did a really good job, you know, like working within like their smaller limitations and doing like some really cool creature design stuff. But anyway, the first movie I thought ended on such a perfect note and I was like, Wow, what an amazing film, What a perfect way to end that. And then I found out there was a sequel, and I was like, how how do you possibly make a sequel to that? And so I read the Wikipedia entry and that second movie sounds batshit boxs and then I was like, and that and then the ending of that, according to Wikipedia, also ends in a way where I was like, well, how do you possibly make a sequel to that one? Apparently the third one is just the first movie, but it takes place in eighteen fifteen, and it's just all the same characters, but they're in eighteen fifteen, and I'm like, okay, so you're telling me is they made like an alternate universe fan fiction of their first movie as a as for the third movie, that's incredible. I don't know if it's good, but God bless them for doing that. That's more movies should do that. They should just make alternate reality versions. Anyway, Ginger snaps Gosh school movie, and I love that.
Speaker 5: It's not like I thought it was kind of a reference to the Cookie or whatever. But her name is Ginger and she's she's snapping back at people.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, it took. It took me a good twenty minutes into the movie because I was just like, Ginger snaps, and you say it that way, you say Ginger snaps because you think the Cookie. And then at one point, one of the characters called the main character Ginger and I was like, oh, I figured out what the plot of the movie is. I understand now, I mean, but I might have to watch it. Yeah, it's it's I mean, it's it's got some fun up shit, and I will lie to you it definitely does. But it's it's really damn good.
Speaker 1: It's really good regardless of the intention. I now want to eat, so definate to them working on multiple levels. All right, that was a rich and deep look at what we've been doing. So let's move on to the next part show, which is a quiz. Yes, this is the Jacob mccott one us Johan Luke take it away.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you to Jacob McCourt, one of our lovely mods in the games about Discord. If you want to check out the game spout Discord, you should message Loocier Tam. They'll check if you're wronging and if you're not, let you into the discord. It's a lovely time with lovely people. But yes, Jacko and McCourt made this wonderful uh Halo one one seven quiz. We're gonna start with the warm up. Okay, the warm up. What is Master Chief's real name, John John?
Speaker 4: Because he's John one one seven. Yeah, Oh wait, do you mean the name? Wait does he get a new name after Halsey kidnapped?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't it just I always thought like.
Speaker 4: He's always John, right, Okay? He was the one that Halsey tested him by. He would always win a game where you had to win the game by racing people up a hill. And she's like, oh, this proves and let me use this coin and see if you can guess right. And he guessed right AND's like, ah, this proves you're exceptionally lucky. I'm like, I'm not sure if that's the case.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love that you remember this.
Speaker 2: Isn't his full name, like Petty chief Officer.
Speaker 3: That's what I was like.
Speaker 1: His first name is Petty, surname is Chief, and then his middle name is Chief and surname.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's John. I don't know his last name is because I'd want to say John Spartan. But that's Artol Swarsinger's character.
Speaker 2: No, that is no, it's not that. That is no, that's the character in Demolition, right.
Speaker 3: What was what was our sports anger's character in Commando?
Speaker 1: Who cares? It's not as good as hey? John Demolition Man, the greatest movie ever created.
Speaker 3: Commando John Matrix. John Matrix is his name. Yeah, oh man, they don't. They don't make action hero names like they used to, which is just we should.
Speaker 1: We should before we start before, I mean, we have one question, and we should lay out our experience with Halo.
Speaker 3: I read at least four or five of the Halo books in middle school, so as well as playing all the games, so I feel like I have to pull into the recesses of my brain. But it's the information is there somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I yeah, I love the franchise. But to kind of offset that, I've gotten acceptably ship memory. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 5: Davante, I didn't play one or two. I started with three and was in a Halo tournament where I came in third place out of three teams.
Speaker 1: So damn that is that's powerful. I love it.
Speaker 2: Jordan.
Speaker 4: I have not played all of the games. I've not played the original Halo Wars and a part of Halo two. I have done Halo Wars too, which is important for infinite and I've not read all of the books, but I've read a decent amount of them enough that, like you could ask me like who are Kelly and Linda? And I could give you an answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so I've got a good breadth of knowledge.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, came. Do you want to keep a score?
Speaker 1: By the way, yes, So I mean like, are we doing can we get Is this a contest between us?
Speaker 2: Or are we doing like just you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think yeah, yeah, I think we should all like we will all get a point if we get it right.
Speaker 4: Okay, So it's not cooperative, it's competitive.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, the people want a winner. Jordan.
Speaker 2: Okay, so who called that one? Did I get that one?
Speaker 3: Well? We all said John, And the answer is in fact John one, one seven or John? So yes, we all get a point.
Speaker 4: Okay, I give his backstory?
Speaker 3: Okay. How many mainline Halo games are there in the series as of the recording of this episode? Mainly main line main line?
Speaker 4: Because you got wait, so by the recording of this episode, does that mean it doesn't count Halo Infinite because Halo Infinite hasn't come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, but we do know about the game, like yeah, because now the question says, has they been how many?
Speaker 3: How many are there in the how many?
Speaker 4: Has there?
Speaker 2: How many are okay, so that counts.
Speaker 1: I think I think Halo three, four, five, infinite I, assuming you don't count.
Speaker 4: The anniversaries for Combat Evolved and Too basically.
Speaker 3: Remakes, I would counts T. I would count personally.
Speaker 2: It's not main is it, it's society.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't count Reach, wouldn't count reach, I would I would count reach.
Speaker 4: I would say the main line aren't the mainline games? Just the ones that star.
Speaker 3: Is that essentially?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like if we're talking, if we're talking straight top main cannon like core Halo games, I think it's six, but like if you want to bend it a bit like od S T, and.
Speaker 3: I think mainline refers to more like the style because where that's where I'd be like, oh, the Halo Spartan Assault I Pad game, Like that doesn't count.
Speaker 2: That Wars and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think then Fortnight's Yeah, technically.
Speaker 2: I guess eight.
Speaker 3: If you count, yeah, I guess I'm counting ODSD and REACH.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll go with the consensus, will count ods T and Reach.
Speaker 3: You can disagree if you want to.
Speaker 1: Potentially, I mean, I'm going to say I'm going to say six, just just because I don't.
Speaker 4: Want to count ODSD and Reach. I think I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to put myself in my in the space of where Jacob McCall was.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm going to say six. What you going for I'm going for eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, we've got to split. Okay, seven?
Speaker 4: What counting that? We're not?
Speaker 3: He okay, he didn't count Halo Infinite. So oh so you're right, you're with the wait since I think we're right, he didn't count. He didn't count Halo Infinite. So I think if we collectively agree to each remove a number, do not count Hale Infinite. Okay, then seven games, Halo, Halo two, Halo three, Halo three, ods T, Halo Reach, Halo four, and Halo five.
Speaker 4: You're wrong, sir. None of us, John Luke and DeVante are getting I.
Speaker 3: Would say, and Davante, Okay. How many Halo Wars games have been made?
Speaker 2: Two? Who?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: The answer is to yes, these are the warm ups?
Speaker 2: Was there like a mobile on them?
Speaker 5: For going?
Speaker 3: Which developer created the Halo Wars series? In which developer was brought in for the sequel?
Speaker 2: Oh, Halo was I think creative assembly?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't great. It wasn't that the one that it was on ensembles Ensemble? Yea ensemble because they don't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it was uh yeah it was Ensemble Studios.
Speaker 3: I don't remember who did the sequel if.
Speaker 4: You no, no, I don't think you give me who ever did the sequel? Like, they were well known for doing like really big deep cinematics beforehand, and that's why Halo Wars two has like the crazy good like cinema. I think scenes.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think Halo Wars two is creative assembly. Halo was one was Ensembles creative.
Speaker 3: That's my guess. That's my guess as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no guesses, so I'll go with the cons.
Speaker 3: Halo Wars one was Ensemble Studios RIP, and Halo Wars two was creative assembly was support from three four three? Sweet, we got it. What year is the original Halo set? Oh? I totally know this. Uh. I think it is one, it's two, one, four, Oh, it's the last number that's gonna get me.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 3: I want to say seven or three.
Speaker 4: That might be mass effect tam.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I think it's like twenty one, forty three or forty seven.
Speaker 4: I think it's forty three.
Speaker 3: That sounds right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm getting so confused because I did so many mass effects like timeline lore videos, and we had to do something.
Speaker 3: The day to say twenty one forty three. That's my guess, I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I think it's forty three, twenty one forty one forty three.
Speaker 3: I'll just say which Hopefully I'm not just confusing with Battlefield and yeah, oh no, completely wrong.
Speaker 4: What was it really? What is it?
Speaker 3: Twenty five point fifty two? I was twenty wayve wow five, I was way off man.
Speaker 4: The mystic of them to think that the human race is going to last for another years.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 3: Okay, now we're into the gauntlet. That was the easy ship of Halo may share the same world as which other Bungeee developed game series, say, the game Halo may share the same world as which other Bungeee developed game series. This marathon, the answer is marathon. Yes, do guys ever play marathon? Marathon's weird?
Speaker 2: Nope, Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 4: My introduction to Bungee is pretty much just Halo and then going from there to Destiny and not touching anything.
Speaker 3: They are, they're they're really hard to go back to because like they're really old, you know, PC shooters are max shooters specifically, but some of the storytelling in those games is kind of, uh, pretty mind blowing form then like they like they're like cryptic AI fight stuff like gets into some of like the really like Deep Lord type of stuff that they were doing with like later Halo games or even like Destiny now, like they were doing that all the way back in like the nineties, and it's it's kind of wild to to go back and read that stuff, even though the games themselves are in my opinion, just kind of Okay. What is the name of the primary antagonist? And Halo four, Oh my lord.
Speaker 2: I cannot remember one.
Speaker 4: Was it the dict No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think was four. I don't think I ever completely.
Speaker 4: Might have been the dude who's protecting Kortana. And Halo five, No, that was the Guardian things. You're right, right, there's a lot of for Runner Tech that deals with like very similar words.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, right, that was.
Speaker 4: My gut reaction, and I'm gonna go with the gut, go with dik.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll go well, uh the yes, the I, although he says it, it's pronounced the d act is how it's pronounced. What act I can't be right, or the Shadow of Sundered Star, which is probably a name from the books that I didn't read, the Forerunner or one.
Speaker 4: Of those logs that you could find or something.
Speaker 3: All I remember about that is in Halo four you meet that character. He shows up at a cut scene, leaves, and then the next cutscene both Master Chiefs and Kortana are just calling him the Died Act and but he never said his name, and I was so confused.
Speaker 4: There's clearly something there was, like you're talking like, why.
Speaker 3: Does everyone know who this guy is?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 3: Just what? All right? Okay? In the Religion of the Covenant, describe the Great Journey, all.
Speaker 4: Right, the entire philosophy of Halo two and Halo three, like that entire.
Speaker 3: Day may he somehow managed to fit into one short line. So, I mean, it's basically just.
Speaker 4: Unleast the flood and killing he that they go on.
Speaker 3: Its activating the Halo. It's activating the Halo and then they all like Ascent to Heaven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their thing is it's a stupid plan.
Speaker 3: Send to Godhood after activating the Halo ring. It's so weird because even like the they reveal that the the prophets all know it's fake too, and I'm like, well, then why are you doing it? You could you could just stop if you know it's fake. Why are you doing that?
Speaker 5: They've already invested so much time they just have to keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's yeah, real time single that one.
Speaker 1: Uh So, who's getting points for that?
Speaker 3: Oh? All of us? Because we all got it.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: I accidentally mentioned the flood instead of the Halo ring, so I feel like I shouldn't get the point.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Hale, the voice of Kurtana, voices which prominent video game princess princess?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, that's what threw me off too.
Speaker 4: This is a Halo question, okay, related, I'm oh nine in this one.
Speaker 3: What I won't say it because I want you guys to guess it.
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 4: Who else does Jennifer?
Speaker 2: Wait, are you saying video game princess?
Speaker 3: Or yes, a video game princess? Sorry not Jennifer Hale. I'm sorry. Gen Taylor, voice of Katana. I'm sorry. I fear you guys off hundred percent my.
Speaker 2: Back, okay, Okay, I just want the word.
Speaker 3: Jen And I was like, Jennifer Hale.
Speaker 2: Auto correct auto correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my brain a corrected that. No. Sorry. Gen Taylor, the voice of Kurtana voices which prominent video game princess?
Speaker 2: I know this.
Speaker 3: Apologies to everyone listening to this who was screaming at me. What the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 3: I did that literally the other day.
Speaker 2: When when? When? When this? Because she sounds very similar.
Speaker 4: Is she the English voice of Zelda and Breath of the World. No, if she thinks so. No, no, because like when I think prominent princess, like the only two that come to mind are Zelda and Peach. But maybe that's just my Nintendo bias showing, like that's where my.
Speaker 2: Brain know this.
Speaker 1: But my brain is not pulling pulling it as I needed. No, it's not coming to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not going to get this one.
Speaker 3: I'm ninety percent sure it's Princess Peach.
Speaker 4: Which game? Which game does she voice? Question?
Speaker 3: The answer is yes, Princess Peach. She does voice Princess.
Speaker 2: Grow Up.
Speaker 3: She voices Princess Peach. Uh good, A good chunk of them. I don't think she did Odyssey, but uh yeah. Shout out to Jen Taylor putting the work, putting in the work question ten. In twenty eighteen, Oh, this is gonna be uh, I'm cool boy. In twenty eighteen, Xbox partnered with which with which North American arcade chain to launch Halo fire teen Fire Team Raven into arcades.
Speaker 4: Oh what the fuck is Fire Team Raven?
Speaker 3: It was an arcade version. I think I actually know the answer to this. That was my guest. I think it's Steven Busters. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: That's the only like arcade thing that I know that I remember.
Speaker 3: I remember people being like, is there a nearby David Busters that can go too so I can clear the Halo arcade.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure David Busters is right.
Speaker 4: Yep, it is David, Chris and Tam. I didn't have me write that news story, so I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Oh oh boy. How many Halo books have been published as of the recording of the episode, including anthologies, novellas, and y A adaptions. There are why A Halo adaptions?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are, And I'm not going to get this because there's a lot, and I won't know the exact numbers.
Speaker 2: Okay, there is seventeen.
Speaker 3: The OG three, then there was Fall, there was there was those three.
Speaker 4: Like, are they also counting like the comics too, Like there's some like graphic novels.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I had like a graphic novel that I got stolen from my locker in middle school and I was really devastated about it.
Speaker 4: What this feel? This feels like the main line question again, where I'm like, I need to know like the exact parameters, but also I think even the exact I would all get the exact.
Speaker 3: With whoever gets the closest, because I doubt we're going to get the right number, So I is it over under? Yeah, we'll do like they're over under whoever, whoever's the closest. I'm gonna go with eighteen eighteen novels.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna go with fourteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, when you even do something like wild, I'm gonna do like forty.
Speaker 3: What would you say? DeVante twenty four? Twenty four? Oh, thirty four? Jordan takes it almost said thirty two.
Speaker 2: I should have two.
Speaker 5: I thought it was too high.
Speaker 4: Thirty four Halo, though, I'm like, I know there's been a lot, Like there's definitely been more than fifteen, because like when I recently was like, oh, Halo Infinite's coming out, maybe we should do like a here's the timeline of Halo to get you caught up in Halo Infinite. I did like a quick cursory search to like see if I was feasible, and I was like, oh, absolutely not. And I have not suggested it.
Speaker 3: Before you suggest it in a meeting, because otherwise you've committed yourself to a bad time.
Speaker 4: There's so much lore for those games, and we'll see how much Halo Infinite dives into it. I have to do like a quick reread ahead of time.
Speaker 3: All right, number twelve, which Sons of Anarchy star has a role in the Halo series.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: If I just had to throw a guess, I would say, is it the guy who plays Lock? Because he it is?
Speaker 4: It is? I can't remember when his Yeah, that was just like my guest.
Speaker 3: I was like a guy who plays Locke would maybe be there. I don't know his name.
Speaker 2: Oh, because what's his name?
Speaker 4: Fuck uh? Because he plays himself before he becomes a spartan.
Speaker 2: He's he's isn't isn't he in? He's Luke Cage?
Speaker 4: Yes, but what's his name? What's Michael?
Speaker 2: Michael? It's Michael Kolka.
Speaker 3: No, we were wrong Uh, he's not in Sons of Anarchy. Uh, it's Ron Pearlman.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, why is he? Oh my god, why he? Why is he in Sons of Anarchy? He's Luke Cage.
Speaker 3: See I threw it off because I was just like, oh, it's just got to be him. No, it is Ron Pearlman. Who. Yeah, I guess he's in Sons of Anarchy. I don't know. I've never seen that show, but I forgot Ron Perlman.
Speaker 2: Hell Boy, you're talking about hell Boy?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, hell Boy he's Uh, he's lord Hood in mass Efect two and three.
Speaker 5: He is in Sons Remember commercials.
Speaker 3: A lot of weird random voice actors like David Cross is in Halo two. Uh, it's like random, yes, David Cross, it is a Halo two. It's like random Marines along with like Michelle Rodriguez. Like it's weird. Did they just grabbed weird random like celebrities and put them in that game because Microsoft had so much money to burn?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, fun little bonus question about Ron Perman. Ron Perman has appeared as the narrator in several games in which RPG series. Answer is Fallout. That's an easy one. All right, final question, when does that it's a bonus? Okay, question, when does Halo Infinite drop? It's your birthday?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Thank you Xbox. This is the best birthday present you could have given me.
Speaker 3: Jeez, happy birthday. That is correct, December eighth, and that is it for the one one seven quiz. Thank you Jacob mccurty.
Speaker 2: Thank you. The winner was Jordan for that lovely quiz.
Speaker 3: The winner was Jordan. Jordan Hitler comes out on.
Speaker 1: His birthcas comes and also he got closest to the novel number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, really that was by far the hardest questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jacob for that excellent quiz, and thank you for listening to the game Spot Off the Dark podcast. We promised you you'd get a long one soon, and you've got a long one. Stop complaining.
Speaker 2: I'm not even sure.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone's complaining.
Speaker 4: I'm about to say I don't think a single person, a single person.
Speaker 1: Everyone's been very understanding, So I apologize for that very antagonistic comment, but seriously, stop complaining.
Speaker 2: Uh, Jordan, where you're at? Where can people find you?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at JM Remae just a lot of Apex stuff this week. By the time this comes out, the embargo for Apex Legends Season eleven previews we'll have gone off, and so Persia will have published some stuff, All have published some stuff. Just Apex for days, and we'll probably keep going until the season starts on November two.
Speaker 2: Lovely Davante, where can people find you?
Speaker 5: And all Yokka You can find me over on Twitter at DeVante Chisholm, and you know in GameSpot News every other week.
Speaker 2: Fantastic John Luke.
Speaker 3: You can find me over at John Ksipkee. The one thing I'm working on that I can at least just say that I'm playing it is shouldn't got me ten say five? There was like a previewmbargo that went up on Monday. I don't want to talk about it on the podcast just because it's so early still that I'd rather just talk about it more in the coming weeks when I can say more about it, because I just didn't have too much to say about it. But uh, yeah, that is a game. It's coming out. If if if you like SMT like Demons, you should stay tuned for more coverage of that game.
Speaker 2: You like Demons, you like demons boy. Yeah, I'm excited for that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at tom H and I am on Twitch at H and I'm on everything there with that same news name. And what am I doing?
Speaker 2: Who knows? No one really knows why I do anymore. I just in there, everything and nothing. That's why I do. Uh. We will see you next week.
Speaker 3: Bye, don't Frank, don't something el