Speaker 1: Voice of the color analyst from the KOA broadcast team for the I don't know what I'm trying to say here the Denver Broncos. You hear him on the radio with Dave Logan. He's rick Lewis. Welcome, Rick, don't try that on your show, Rick, I'm a trained professional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was kind of a wonky introduction. Yeah, you know what I did. Hear the beginning of your show and your blog and you said, rick Lewis plays around with black culture.
Speaker 1: That is not what I said.
Speaker 2: I said, no, No, what are we going to talk about?
Speaker 1: What I should say, rick Lewis is playing around? Is what I said. Rick Lewis is playing around. That's the headline. And then but to the next headline, does black culture embrace vials? Okay, maybe I just put a little comma in their little pause so people will know I was just telling a rod I was telling off the air. The Rick Lewis project is so flipping good. You guys absolutely cook when you were on stage, and I want everybody to go see you guys play. So what are you guys doing exactly at the Little Bear tomorrow night in Evergreen.
Speaker 2: I appreciate those kind comments. Thank you, Mandy.
Speaker 1: And it's the rest of the people in your band. They're amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they're all better than me, are you kidding? Yeah, this is one of Colorado's premier bands. I've got the top talent around and as I just said, every one of them's a better musician than I am. We are going to play a benefit tomorrow night at the Little Bear, the legendary Little Bear in Evergreen, and proceeds will go to Evergreen Strong. So all the ticket proceeds, this is a ticket to show any silent auction and by the way, I want to thank the Broncos. They donated a really cool sign Zach Allen Jersey to be a part of that silent auction. And it's basically a night of music and healing the Evergreen community still reeling from what happened a couple of weeks ago, insych The kids just got back to school, Yeah, within the last couple of days. So come on out tomorrow night, Little Bear and Evergreen. Showtime is six and my band will start at eight, And get your tickets at Little Bear live dot com.
Speaker 1: And if people have never been to the Little Bear, it is a great place to see a band. I mean, it's just the vibe is cool, the space is cool. It does get crowded. So I would say, if people are planning on going, get your tickets. I mean, wouldn't you think this probably could sell out? Don't you think.
Speaker 2: I'm expecting it too, and so are they. Yeah, so I would definitely try to get your tickets ahead of time if you can. Yeah, there's GA tickets, and then there's some VIP tables and I think maybe the VIP tables.
Speaker 1: I think they're sold out. I looked earlier today and I think those are sold out. I can't go. I have a volunteer commitment that I am I'm going to be doing tomorrow night, so I can't make it. But I just you know, Rick, there's a lot of in my radio career, I have worked with multiple radio personalities who had always dreamed of being in a band, and they all learned how to play drums. And I'm not even making this up. So they all learned how to play drums because I think it seems the most successible, and then they would all put bands together and they were perfectly fine, right, They were nothing wrong with them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was just like a vanity project for that radio personality. But your band truly is outstanding, and I just that's different. I don't want people to think this is a vanity project and Rick won't just absolutely rock the house because he and his band are so good, so good, so well done, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. Yeah, there's a lot of talent in the band. I think I have probably the two best guitar players around, certainly the best lead vocalist in Sarah hornebook. Yeh, he's incredible, A great percussionist, great bass player. Yeah, it's loaded with talent. We've been doing this for a long time, Mandy. We played a lot of big gage. We played all the big venues around here, Red Rocks and Ball Arena, Fiddler's Green. So the band's been around for a while. We're battle tested. This is kind of a family band at this point. We know each other so well, and you know, I think it comes across on stage the love that we have not just for playing music, but the love that we have for each other in the group. And it's a lot of fun. It's a high energy show and I hope people will come out and support us tomorrow night and support mainly the community of Evergreen. These guys need us and they need to start healing, and you can be a part of that.
Speaker 1: Well. I think it's going to be a great ye. What's your favorite song to play?
Speaker 2: Oh boy? As far as cover songs, there's so many. We typically close with Rolling Stones gimme shelter. Not too many bands covered that song. Because the female vocal on that, I forget her name, the original that did it with the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 1: She also did she did a couple of their songs. What is her name? I can picture her perfectly in my mind.
Speaker 2: Same but that chorus raped murder, you know what I'm talking about. Nobody can really do that like that, and Sarah just kills that, and I think that's what really makes our cover of that song special. We played that at Fidler's Green the same day that Charlie Watts died, the Rolling Stones drummer. I think we were opened it for maybe Sammy Hagar that night and we just had a short set. They said you guys can play one cover song, and that was the one we chose, and I announced that, you know, this is for Charlie Watts and all your Rolling Stones fans out there and we crushed the cover. I went backstage and these these grizzled roadies that were backstage that have been on the road for decades and probably toured with The Stones over the years. Those guys were crying.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it, I love it.
Speaker 2: That's it was that powerful.
Speaker 1: Mary Clayton is the woman we're trying to remember, and she has only done that one song. She just did get me sheltered with the Stones. I'm confusing her with another woman completely, but so that's what we're talking about. That's fantastic. Somebody just asked, were you ever in Government Mule?
Speaker 2: Was I in Government? Yeah? No, but I do know Warren Haines quite well Government Mule. Before they were really big, when they were coming through town and playing like the Buffalo Rose, we would have them at studio and they would play specifically for us in studio and I became good friends with Warren Haines over the years, and he's one of the best musicians, best guitar players around, great songwriter, and just a really quality dude. And so no, I played with Government Mule. I played shows with Government you'll but I've never been in the band.
Speaker 1: Okay, clarifying that and last question, could you please ask Rick if you have if he has any music uploaded on YouTube. Do you guys have a YouTube page?
Speaker 2: We don't we have. What you should do is go to the band website, which is Rick lewisproject dot com and there's a bunch of live videos performances on there. And typically, you know, people at the show will shoot a video on their phone and then post it kind of what it is. So the audio quality isn't professionalists rough, you know, it's not mixed, but you certainly get the point well, and.
Speaker 1: Somebody else asks is there a floor for dancing? There is a floor. Don't think you're going to be out there ballroom dancing because you'll probably be shoulders to shoulder with everybody else doing the hippie shake. That's kind of what happens out there.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a great explanation. Yeah, it's I think it holds about three hundred and fifty people, maybe four hundred, Yeah, and it'll be packed in there. And the cool part about the little bear there's a balcony up above, which I believe is where the VIP section is and those people are almost looking down right onto the stage. So It's really cool because you feel like these people are just hanging pretty much off the balcony just above your head and feels like a house party. I think that's a good way to describe it. And if you've ever been to a cool house party, you know what I'm talking about. The energy is incredible and this is going to be a really special night. I've heard they had some high school kids that have volunteered to help out and work the show. I can't wait to play tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: All right, my friend, have an absolute blast. By the way, I put a link on my blog for the Recluse Project so you can go ahead and check them out and head out to a little Bear. I think you have a great gig man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mandy, love you and thanks for having me on and look forward to getting you back to a show again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Rec