Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, November twelve, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and sixty six, powered by NZXT. I am your host, jan Oh show it and I am juiced. I am ready for the heel turn. That's right, everyone, we're But it's not just Mike Manati that's a bad boy in games media.
Speaker 2: We're all the bad boys.
Speaker 1: We're all naughty here just because of Mike Manati's influence.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I'm gonna switch it up. I'm gonna introduce him first from games Beat.
Speaker 1: Mike Manati.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm a bad influence, just like in real life.
Speaker 2: That's no good. How's it going?
Speaker 3: I gotta make a decision about this mustache soon here.
Speaker 2: What's the decision?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Keep it or not? I mean, like the recip's growing in now, have you have?
Speaker 4: You like you haven't trimmed up the beard part yet, You've let the beard grow in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is a That's the other thing too, is like, well how much is the beard part growing in? Because I like having a little something down here. I like this this little lair I have right now. At least maybe I'll grow that in a little bit more.
Speaker 4: It's a strong look what you have going on like it is like a memorable look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, speaking about keeping it at somebody, I'm sorry, I'm just talking about my mustache more.
Speaker 2: You want to actually do should talk about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I insist we introduced everyone else.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, thank you, Mike, Thank you Mike. Speaking about strong looks, he's got the strongest eyeballs and games media, that's right there, piercing through your soul because he sees what you type, he sees what you write, and he sees that he needs to look deep into your souls.
Speaker 2: Damn Riker.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't need to see anyone's souls. I'm fine, just general personalities and vibes and someone I can pick up.
Speaker 2: I don't need souls involved.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like soul is part of the vibe.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in, like shoot souls all right, A co captain of this ship.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's all horseship.
Speaker 2: There's no like ghost in me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no ghost in you yet, because you become a ghost.
Speaker 6: It's like no, no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like bread and a toaster. You put bread in the toaster. It comes out a toaster, and then afterwards.
Speaker 5: Dirt and worms and then no and then I'm done. Oh well, we're taught by religion no death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, right, all right.
Speaker 3: They talked to Dad about death with time. He's just straight up in his most normal, damp place, like I'm not afraid to die, so pleasant about it. I was like, that's you's got nothing to worry about once it's done. You know, it loves me wrong about everything. And then the Devil's poking in the ads of the pitchfork forever.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: For for as much as dumb things we say on the internet, I don't think any of us are going to hell.
Speaker 7: But we got the dark Lord himself. Go captain of the ship je grub Hi Janet. Everyone thinks I'm gonna do a hair reveal. My hair's just cold because I cut it all off.
Speaker 2: That's all there.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's a hair reveal. That's yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, I had to do it right because everyone expected it. But I was just going back under here so I can keep warning, like.
Speaker 2: Evil Kermit from that meme. Yeah for people. Yeah, there we go, Oh okay, there you go it. Yeah, death.
Speaker 8: Some more's gonna die here for You're gonna feel so bad. I think I think he's make a strong argument for any.
Speaker 2: Of us, like dance. Most likely it happened by an accident.
Speaker 1: I think Dan's gonna live forever.
Speaker 5: No, my dad always says that I'm going to have a stupid death. It's gonna be something dumb I was doing. And it's like I was doing some bit with a bear or something. It's gonna be something stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, But the most likely scenario is very Jimmy Carter coded. You are just gonna be one hundred and memories, like he's not dead yet and you're just gonna keep waiting forever.
Speaker 5: I'm okay, well, yeah, it's alms like to move around. I'm not like falling apart.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: Like my grand gimmicks will be doing a podcast and like they'll be just like waiting. It's like we said, it is dead dead, Oh okay, uncle Dan, isn't that you know?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Genetically, I'm probably gonna be around for a while based on my family history, and my dad says that he wants to do a podcast with me when he's ninety, and I'm seventy and that sounds like the worst piece of media that's ever been produced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I can't wait. But in a lot of ways, I can wait.
Speaker 5: I can't picture my dad thirty years from now and what he would be like.
Speaker 2: I bet he's going to really loosen up a bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a marathon runner, Buddhist. Yeah, just definitely at peace with the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, has your dad gotten at all?
Speaker 5: No, there is a video on YouTube if you searched for Paul Rekert yoga. I took him to a yoga studio and I was a game informer. I'm sure that's still up.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, he it did not go well. Yep, here here it is. I'll link him the chat, all right. He did not like it. He did not enjoy it one bit.
Speaker 1: How's everyone else doing with the state of the world, the state of ourselves, the state of our lives?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 2: Why do you ask? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up for nothing? Nothing? I'm just thinking about my life expectancy now because of Mike Manati.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Told you this before we went live. Jan but I'm very disappointing you for not having crowns.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Mike. I'll talk myart.
Speaker 2: I thought we'd be brothers. Do you get sky rissed up? Wait? Does okay? I have a question, Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does Skyrizy treat more than crones? Or did I have a weird dream?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, I want to know what you think. It also treats that. I know.
Speaker 4: It was like a list of things like mental health and like like your heart and all these different things. I think I might have had a sky Rizzy dream.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an immune community suppressant, so anything that would benefit from that.
Speaker 4: I think it does treat skin conditions maybe that's what I heard.
Speaker 2: Okay, conditions, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Okay, all right, well those are side effects. All there's still a chance.
Speaker 2: I had a weird dream about sky Rizzy.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all do because of Mike, And I think that's that's the real sky Rizzy is that Mike has invaded every aspect of our lives now.
Speaker 2: That Skyrizzy has infused him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. I was like showing a friend like my photos on my phone and then they point at Mike Manati and they're like, oh, that's Minatia. I'm like, how the fuck do you know, dang about that.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't from zero percent knowledge of Mike Manatti to Mike Manatti becoming omnipresent in my life, Like overnight, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the Manana brothers shouts out to a j left a comment on a video I made on Instagram, and we're like, look at the Manatis.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it was like the voicemail up Chuck or something where you guys were just saying the names of my brothers.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they know the names of my brothers. Yes, you' all have a podcast we do have.
Speaker 5: We know your birthday, We know your brothers, and we know your birthday.
Speaker 6: That's private information. You yelled it at a press conference. We sang happy birthday to you. Last year at the Game Award.
Speaker 5: I gave numerous Mike NAUGHTI birthday memories I have. I don't remember most of my own.
Speaker 1: I can't remember any of my birthday cakes, but I can remember all of your case.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was scheduling something out for my person on life and it was on December seventh, which is.
Speaker 2: The day before your birthday. Sorry to docks you.
Speaker 4: And I almost texted you because I'm like, he would want to know.
Speaker 2: You woul't want to know. I'm birthday. You should have told me.
Speaker 1: And this is all organic, Mike. It's not because you have inserted yourself into the narrative at all.
Speaker 2: I would never be loud and obnoxious like that.
Speaker 1: No way, maybe not anxious, but loud, naughty. Oh god, this too. I thought I was free of this.
Speaker 2: It's been a while. Mike.
Speaker 4: Naughty Mike, My naughty Mike, Mike, naughty Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Dan, you you you games?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I like the two seconds of song.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good. We already played a song, so we don't need another song for the segment. Sure you you have a new console, a new ish console. This hurts my brain because I was cleaning up my living room and then I had to put my PS five on the ground real quick, and then I thought, oh no, this is a base PS five damn you.
Speaker 5: Now, brother, God you have a slim And then you got the pro? Gotcha, buddy?
Speaker 1: Should I get the PS five pro?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 1: What's popping with it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: So this is what I've been saying about it and thinking about it is you know, they sent it to me a week or two before it came out, and uh, you know, I played all the ones that have the PRO upgrade for the most part, and I was impressed by some, you know, some not as much. But to just get to that question of like should you get one, I'm glad I have one that was sent to me and I didn't pay for. I don't know if I could say, hey, Jan, you should go spend seven hundred on this thing, at least not now, because it is right now a little limited in terms of like the ones that actually have the PRO you know, enhanced patch and all that stuff. I'm sure if you asked me a year from now, it might be a different situation as it becomes like the more the norm that all these big games have gotten the patch, all the new ones you know, are already ready for it. As of right now, there are certain ones. I think Last of Us Part two looks incredible. I think Horizon Horizon looks so good it made me consider playing Horizon again or actually going forward with the Forbidden West, which I dropped out after like four hours.
Speaker 1: When I checked out the PS five Pro at that event a couple weeks ago, Horizon impressed me the most, and then I thought, man, am I going to play through Horizon and get a PS five Pro.
Speaker 5: It looks great, and like, I think there are certain use cases if you sit kind of close to your TV or like, for instance, I got the one hundred inch that we did Extra Life on. It's one hundred inch TV that can have the benefit of blowing up that resolution quite a bit so. And I am someone who's always picked performance mode because I definitely prefer frame rate over a result, but I do when I pick that in the past. It's like I do have these four K TVs. I wish I could see everything in four K. I feel like I'm not utilizing everything to its full potential. One thing I was surprised by was I thought I thought from the marketing, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. I thought it just eliminated the choice where it's like you don't have to pick performance or resolution.
Speaker 2: It's just it's pro now.
Speaker 5: And some of them do have that, like Demon Souls there's just a mode called PS five Pro where it's just like, hey, it all just looks and runs, you know, great resolution performance, But there are still a game by game there's like okay, Ratchet and Clank, there's Fidelity Pro mode you can pick things on like raid tracing, reflections and ambient occlusion. It's not as like cut and dry as hey, we put them both together. There is some tweaking you can do, which ultimately that's not a bad thing because I was able to like, even the fidelity mode is running at a much better frame rate than it would on a base level PS five.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but you do tinker with it a little bit.
Speaker 5: And like Horizon, it has favor Resolution Pro, favor Performance Pro, and Balanced Pro, and it's like, okay, do I want thirty, forty or sixty frame rates? So you still are tweaking with those. It's just like the base level of quality of all of them are up a bit, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: And then there are something like.
Speaker 5: Spider Man two, which I think Spider Man two already ran so fucking well that like, that's the one I could notice the least because that was already just like, holy shit, what kind of boodoo we are they doing with this PS five, So that one didn't notice as much rebirth. I think that was very helpful because if you did that in Performance mode, it was definitely a bit blurry and soft, and the definitely sharpens everything up to use.
Speaker 2: The Rebirth of three Birth.
Speaker 3: That's one that I think that's like one for the Final Fantasy Freaks. That kind of makes us alone kind of one one because that is a game where yeah, you had a frame rate mode, but it really hurt the resolution on it, and I still went with it because I am generally always going to pick that option. I need to have a smooth frame rate if I can't have it. But yeah, that's like the comparison case where I get the most like, ooh, I do kind of want to go back to Rebirth and like, you know, do a lot of the postgame stuff I didn't do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and oh that looks it's really nice that you think.
Speaker 1: I bout it?
Speaker 3: Well, does it look seven hundred dollars nice? And then you kind of talk yourself off the ledge.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I mean especially seven hundred no disdrive I did. They did send me a disdrive as well, so I installed that. That was very easy to do. Sure, but yeah, it's it is a hard sell right now. It's not a thing like I don't know, like PSBR two, I never really had faith in that ever becoming worth buying because it just didn't seem like it had the support behind it.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that way about this. I feel like this is.
Speaker 5: A thing that if you really super care about resolution and frame rate, and you also have money to blow, or you don't have a PS five yet, maybe there's some some cases where I would suggest someone buying this now if this is uh, if you're in that camp. But as far as like if you've got one anyone upgrade, I'm sure it's going to be a more worthwhile thing, like a year from now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to me, it looks like it's I could see the pathway to talking yourself into it, right. It's like, Okay, if I get it now, I get you know, the most benefit from it for the next years before we get a PS six, and we know there's games coming like Monster Hunter that will greatly benefit from this, so it'll be nice just to have it. There's some games maybe I didn't finish, and I already have a PS five, so maybe if I sell that PS five that cuts down the costs of this thing. Like I see that like line of thinking. It's just not as obvious of a n upgrade as the PS four Pro and the Xbox to one X were and even those weren't like slam dunks either. Like, so, I think we're talking about maybe a fraction of a fraction here of people that really are are gonna show up for this thing, and.
Speaker 2: I think that's fine.
Speaker 4: I think they mostly know that, you know, that's what was gonna happen here. I you know, before this thing came out, the conversation that I think we most frequently had, or the feeling I most frequently had, was that this doesn't feel like it makes a lot of sense. I don't know if we need this, and now we're here and we don't need this, and okay, so what. It's not the end of the world. It's maybe nice to have at the option, but I'm gonna keep kind of pushing off my rear since of getting it personally, which is weird, weird for me.
Speaker 2: I usually show up.
Speaker 4: For these things every time. You know, I got to say money right now, but whatever, like beyond that, even if I wasn't in that situation, I'll be like, I don't know, maybe I'm I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to get this thing.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this is going to push base PS five pro sales because people will see or are hoping for like a discount on the base model and realizing like, well, I maybe don't need a PS five Pro. Maybe I'll just get the OG one and that'll you know, bide my time or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's I think that we're getting some price adjustments price corrections here right now, as this seven hundred dollars does feel too expensive, and I think maybe it's like even shocked people a little bit and to being like, wait, what am I spending my money on? And I think maybe the solution there is is maybe at least through this holidays a price cut and we'll talk about that in the news, and that could I think, sway many more people over to the base model.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did a very unscientific pull in our chat, Hey who got a PSI Pro? And I knew it wouldn't be many. It's fifty said no and zero said yes. I thought that'd be one person and a very you know, hardcore gaming crowd who had picked up a PlayStation five pro jens.
Speaker 2: That's bananas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's I know, like one or two people that I could see like that fit those criteria like obsessed with resolution and have money to blow and It's like outside of those couple of people, I can't imagine anyone I know rushed out to spend seven hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean the most intense PlayStation fans are the ones that the raiment with this thing, and that's who's maybe going to get it.
Speaker 1: Saw a front of the site, just go down to a target and was able to pick one up. So they are they are not hard to acquire if you need to.
Speaker 2: Or one story about that as well in the news.
Speaker 1: Okay, Doki, all right, uh gentlemen, Uh does Call of Duty Black Ops six? Does does that make you want desire pro performance? Or how is your pro gameplay going?
Speaker 2: That game runs on everything runs really well on everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh you guys have there's like a I've been playing a lot of multiplayer and it's cool because like this year there's like a ret like you know, like MLB the show does like a retro mode or you can play the controls and stuff are like Ken Griffy on Superintendent totally.
Speaker 2: They have the new Call of Duty on PC.
Speaker 5: It's got like a retro you can play it with a keyboard and a mouse and uh so for the first time I'm.
Speaker 2: Playing with Call of Duty with a keyboard and a mouse.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, like I missed that whole era back then, and it's actually, I know, it's like a novelty. It's like a niche like retro thing, but like I feel like I can aim better with the mouse.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what no way? Yeah, yeah, it's like kind of nice.
Speaker 5: Actually you kind of get used to it and it's like there's just a bunch of letters or how you move around. It's it's weird. It's like back they used to do that on like Apple Two's or something. I don't know, I didn't.
Speaker 4: It's weird cause Call of Duty is like the One Shooter franchise where it's like, yeah, you don't need a mouse and keyboard, although of course it's still yeah, you get more control with it, but holy shit, Dan.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, I just I always was a console guy. I always played Call of Duty on console and uh yeah I will shoot heever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, it's also great because it's like with the Activision account thing, It's like I can just sit here and play like I stream some last night on PC and I can go play on the big screen on the PS five and it's like everything just links together any like purchases, any unlocks, like all your save loadouts.
Speaker 2: It's just seamless. It works, so you cannot.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think you could still plug in a mouse and a keyboard to an Xbox and it'll just work. It'll just catch on fire. Right, Doing that feel perverted? It does feel wrong.
Speaker 2: Can you play like keyboard and mouse on an Xbox? I think so.
Speaker 4: For a lot of games at least you know they did that a couple of years ago, and support broke.
Speaker 3: You can use keyboard and mouse on Dreamcast to play Quake three Arena.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got my keyboard controller for GameCube for all my Fantasy Star Online.
Speaker 2: I want one of those, so bad I want. It's so stupid.
Speaker 5: I love that you can just play Mario Sunshine with a keyboard controller.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid.
Speaker 4: It's the I think it's the first thing I picked up when I went in dance basement.
Speaker 2: Controller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, so there it is, thought me at it a very silly thing. Call of duty, though, is one where it's like I get tired at night. I'm an old man with kids, and I'm exhausted, and we'll get done doing. Yeah, we've got old bones and we'll get done doing like a game mess podcast or whatever, which you know ends around ten thirty eleven thirty in that range, and a lot of times I guess we'll like play games. I'm like, sometimes I'll hop in, but like the last couple weeks, so hey, let's play Call of Duty. I'm like, yes, let's play Call of Duty. I boot it up and we go longer than we intend. We play one more round, one more round, and joined us. I'm like, okay, we'll play a couple more round stands here. It's uh, it's it's that game again. And I think that is if someone's trying to figure out, hey, is this a good Call of Duty? If someone could tell you that anecdote of I started playing even when I was like not super in the mood, and then I just kept playing because we're having fun. That's what you want to hear from Call Duty. So this is one of the good ones.
Speaker 5: Well, especially when it's like, I don't know where you all are with this, but like you know, I used to like love Call of Duty from like two up until maybe like Advance Warfare is when I kind of started falling off and not playing every campaign and not playing any multiplayer for a lot of them.
Speaker 2: So I kind of fell off for a little bit.
Speaker 5: The Modern Warfare reboot got me back in in like twenty nineteen, but then I went like five years without even really messing around with much multiplayer, and now I'm all the way back in. It's reminding me of how I just that one more round type stuff. Even it reminds me of like the Call of Duty four, feeling of like really messing around with loadouts and all these challenges and everything. And it's not drastically different, Like there are the things like the omni movements and all that stuff that feel really good and new, but.
Speaker 2: It does just feel like classic ass Call of Duty.
Speaker 5: I'm playing Domination and Kill Confirmed and all this stuff, and damn the maps are good as hell.
Speaker 2: Everything feels great. It's a blockbuster map rules. I like that one's great.
Speaker 5: The one with the hangars that you can open and close with the stealth bombers in there.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 5: It's just, uh, yeah, I'm back. I'm back on Call of Duty.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: We should place them on the website.
Speaker 5: Yathie's is the only thing I haven't tried. I would love to try. Zombie still let's do that.
Speaker 4: And then I do think I'm going to try to find time this week to maybe play through a good chunk that campaign on the websit.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, have you all checked out the campaign at all?
Speaker 2: Is the first thing I did.
Speaker 5: I always do campaigns first, and this is like absolutely one of my favorite Call of Duty campaigns. Yeah, I mean, could be definitely top three. I would say, tons and tons of variety. Just just a really really fun thing, a good like base thing to go back to between missions and the open world stuff they do is really interesting.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, lovely, lovely.
Speaker 1: Similar, similarly related game that I just lose a lot of time to is web fishing.
Speaker 2: Everyone's talking about web fishing. I have no idea what it is. A chat room where you fish.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is a chat room where you fish, except I play this by myself. Helly, make like a.
Speaker 2: Little Sigma codd jam. Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: I just listened to an audiobook or put on a podcast and just disassociate and go fishing. It is pretty much exactly that you make a little animal crossing like character. The art style is very similar to maybe like an early PS one and sixty fourish polygonal animal jazz, and you just go fishing. That's it. That's all it is. And it's like the animal crossing fish style of fishing. You hit a you gotta reel it in so you'll hold the a bun and then sometimes you gotta mash on the a bun because the fish is a little tough.
Speaker 2: And not much more of fishing and video games. We didn't mount rushimore fish. I like started Valleys, yep. I like Links Awakening. Oh bad.
Speaker 5: Even a bad game can have a good fishing many game Oh Jesus Christ Frontiers.
Speaker 1: But it's a very chill time and I think we should all play together as well.
Speaker 2: I tried it.
Speaker 5: I would love that I didn't get me had so everybody I played with had like fun hats and shirts and stuff, and I was just like a little cat. But I didn't play long enough to get my call.
Speaker 1: You just start as a little cat, and then as you you unlock or you catch more fish, you unlock more options to get more fun cosmetics. I'm a big fan of this style of game and that style of game being just like turn your brain off and just hang out with friends. So you know, I think we should definitely maybe perhaps have an outdoor activity week like grub you you represented to the gang, Yeah, like they had the.
Speaker 4: Outdoor cable channel that always has like the other sports, like we should do a week dedicated back.
Speaker 5: I get Bill Instagram message Bill Dance to see if he wants to be on the dump truck exactly does he.
Speaker 2: Have a link dan?
Speaker 1: Does he have a link tree on his Instagram.
Speaker 5: Paget and his messages were open.
Speaker 2: But I've not heard back from Bill Dance, so I hope he's doing all right.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well maybe Bill has his like notifications turned off. That could be.
Speaker 2: No, he's super online. He's complaining constant.
Speaker 1: It's mostly blue sky these days.
Speaker 2: Buildings.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's right. Bill Dance is just skeied in away. Oh yeah. Another quick small game that I checked out is Duck Paradox. It's a oh I played this A yeah. It's it's like a Warrior Land Pizza Tower sque game where you are trying to acquire a duck at the end of the level. It's a quick small platformer and then like in that Warrior is it Warrio three where you run back to the entrance or is it Warrial four.
Speaker 3: Before three is more of the puzzle platform ers three Warrio four where you get to point A, you get to point B, and then you run all the way back to point A.
Speaker 1: But in this instance you got to grab a duck. You got a platform all the way to go get a duck, and then platform all the way back to return that said duck and then defend the point A from a bunch of enemy ducks. It's okay in terms of like the flow of it. The platforming does feel good though, a lot of good nice tight air control.
Speaker 3: What I remember from playing it is that like when you shoot your gun, it bounces off the walls. You can have like three sixty shooting and it'll bounce off the wall until it hits something, whether it's an enemy or you. So you're kind of careful about that stuff.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, you don't want to be blasting off because you can just hit yourself. And yeah, like I said, the platforming feels really good. The flow of it isn't necessarily my jam because I really liked the Warrior series prior to four, because I didn't like having that anxiety and douce stuff. Like I gotta get back to the entrance and go as fast as I can, a really neat little indie platformer.
Speaker 4: It's interesting that that's become like kind of the legacy of the Warrior games, because now, at least it seems like among developers, because we have this Anton Blast Pizza Tower, this is like becoming a genre now.
Speaker 2: And I really liked Pizza Tower, and.
Speaker 4: So far I've liked what I've played a Banton Blast, but I haven't had a lot of time. I think we played that at packs or a mike and then I've not seen this one. But I mean, I think I do like this, but I'm with you Jam where it's like I like those Warrior Land games before that as well. I wonder if there's gonna be sort of a turn back to that at any point.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've fake Warrior fans sometimes whenever I think about Warrior Land, because I never really played that series.
Speaker 2: Warrior where that was a game Boy band. We know you like game Boy Vance, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I never really I played more Warrior World on the game Cube than I've played all the Warrior.
Speaker 2: Land games coming.
Speaker 1: I never checked that out.
Speaker 2: It's a weird game.
Speaker 5: It's all right, say I played the amount of that that was a console game.
Speaker 2: I'm a Warrior World defender. I don't I think it's oddly underappreciated.
Speaker 1: I'll say I'm with you, Mike. I liked the first one where you gave Warrior a bunch of fun little hats.
Speaker 3: No no world, World, not Land. Oh oh okay, I think it's plenty of love. Hell with it, no World. I'm over here waving the banner for Warrior World, made by Treasure for the Nintendo GameCube.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I as a fan of garlic growing up. I never understood the problem.
Speaker 2: Great kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why were we shaming Warrior for his love of garlic?
Speaker 2: Bad for your breath a bit? But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I carried gum with you most food, but your breas gonna smell like whatever you eat and usually at that game.
Speaker 2: That right, Yeah, get out of my face.
Speaker 1: Stop being a close talker. You know, Uh, Garlic's good. Garlic is good, and you know what else is good? Fucking Kingdom Hearts too is good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why is this on the list, Mike?
Speaker 2: I'm playing well this episode? So uh?
Speaker 3: I do a yearly Kingdom Hearts Marathon stream for our Extra Life team in December last year.
Speaker 2: I did accept that money.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, they're very the kids. Look, I get why people don't like them hearts. It's a fascinating to me how people love to hate King Markets.
Speaker 5: And I was like, specifically stupid, even like by like super especially stupid.
Speaker 3: Love stupid, you love stupid. If it took place in Alaska and had a guy who likes surf clear weapon, you think it was cool and.
Speaker 2: It was mostly about New Alaska, fucking.
Speaker 5: Donald Duck was chasing snake around, I would think that's too much.
Speaker 2: That's so much the great.
Speaker 3: That's part of why I love keenum Wites too, because it's like, here's Tron from the Tron and he says the words Donald Duck and I'm like, god that this is all the dopamine right there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I'm trying.
Speaker 3: I'm finishing up the same mode I started last December so that I could be ready for next month when I'm gonna Marathon Keendom Heart's Birth by Sleep.
Speaker 2: The ps P one Keinch is actually one of my favorite games ever, and it still is.
Speaker 3: I think it's just super wacky and fun and neat. The combat mckicks are very good. There's a lot of juggling and air stuff involved. It's the right balance between having some flashy fun stuff like the dry forms and the limit breaks three goes too far. It's like every two seconds like summon Big thunder Mountain.
Speaker 2: You did that.
Speaker 3: Now you have a big yo yo and McDonald duck do a flip and it's like, hey, can I just hit things with my key blade for a second? Actually no, Yeah, Kandamarts two had the right balance it is. I haven't actually played the final mixed version that much. There's so many extra boss fights and stuff that I'm digging through, which is fine. Orn from Nancy ten is hanging out in the Hercules world and he can be in your party.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, Canamartz two all time banger?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Fuck you guys. I like that.
Speaker 1: You like it?
Speaker 2: I know, not gonna say you're wrong for liking.
Speaker 5: I just think if you made something in a lab that would be specifically revolting to me. I think it's a Disney and j RPG crossover with a lot of cuts.
Speaker 1: Now now, Dan here, I know people will always try and take the metal gear route to assay you to the Kingdom heart side, right.
Speaker 2: Like philosophy of course, of course it's an anime.
Speaker 1: Now what if, instead, right, you had like a Devil Make Cry style game, but your party consisted of Mario and Luigi.
Speaker 2: That sounds awesome. That sounds fucking great. I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was into like when there was the rumors of like the Mario Kingdom Hearts or a Dynasty Warriors game. You know that sounds great. That's a print money Okay, that's big irrelevant pop culture characters.
Speaker 1: Yes, now that.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: That excitement you felt for that supposed game is what Kingdom Hearts is to people like Mike and I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's stupid.
Speaker 3: It's just all it is is you don't have an affinity for Disney, so you don't feel anything not.
Speaker 4: Play Kingdom Hearts two. I played Kingdom Hearts one, and I disliked it most of the time.
Speaker 5: I went in college because it's like, all right, some people seem to really like this game. And even though I don't give a shit about Final Fantasy or Disney, I like a good game. And I played it, and there was something about just the amount of cut scenes and then the actual like running around and jummy like the actual game part of it did not feel great. Granted I played it for like a metaphor length of time, but you know, it didn't feel right to Like.
Speaker 3: You can get over the cutting thing if it's about something you're invested in or care about. Obviously metal, because you defend metal, your solid four, because that's grounded in reality. Yeah, nano machines machines instead of hearts, then it's fine and not real hearts, I mean like Kingdom herts hearts, which are like souls that Dan doesn't believe in.
Speaker 5: But we're adults. We need to be about like nukes and stuff and not like heart moons.
Speaker 3: Right, I feel much better about like, Yeah, as long as I'm reading or thinking about nukes.
Speaker 1: Well, Dan, no matter what your views and opinions are of Kingdom Hearts, I would still share a pow pow fruit with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, and I would. I would appreciate that I would have it as well. Yeah. I gotta rest next week. Yeah that's right. You gotta repent for your sin. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just gonna be blasted by Kingdom Hearts.
Speaker 2: Yeah I should not. Really, I'll play some Kingdom Hearts with the case before we go. There's not that much keenohart stuff in the park, She'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Well, there's the one Halloween stand during the Oogie Boogie Bash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it confused Jeff greatly remember Oh yes, yeah, you were very upset about.
Speaker 4: It, just because I was like, so why and then you guys didn't have a good explanation.
Speaker 2: But we can move past that.
Speaker 1: So, Grub, I got a question for you as as as uh, you know, the Gimmicks are growing up and and you know they're they're getting into games, they're getting out of games. Dan, you could apply this with Steve as well. I don't want to leave you out, are you. I know that you have the fear, Grub, of not wanting to introduce inverted control camera controls to the Gimmicks.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's not look I have. It's not a fear. It is a I don't want to be the dad that made their kids weird.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: But because you have access to video more video games than like a normal father, right, what if you see them slowly start getting into and curious about Kingdom Hearts.
Speaker 4: I do want to see if they would like Kingdom Hearts, because I think they might, but I'm not going to have them played Kingdom Hearts one.
Speaker 2: I can't have that at my house, but maybe maybe too bad.
Speaker 4: I think I asked Mike this, It's like, hey, if I was going to do that, what's and He's like, just go with three, So I'll I'll put three. I think I have that on Xbox already. I wouldn't hate it. It wouldn't be the worst thing, because again, my problem was just I wanted to like the game. I played the first one and there was just so much bullshit throughout it that I was like, this is I think this is a bad game, and everyone seems to like Kingdom Hearts too better. I did start that and it was like so slow at the beginning that I just died and could.
Speaker 2: Not play any more of it.
Speaker 4: But hey, if they're playing it, that's not a problem for me.
Speaker 5: I think if I had kids and they played Kingdom Hearts, I would drop them off at the local fire station.
Speaker 2: Sure can you do that at any age? I don't see the rules.
Speaker 3: Say you've had this conversation before, Dan thought that you could just like you can send a fifteen year old there.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know where it cuts off, but it is a good out. I don't know if it's good, What does that mean? What do you think you're saying?
Speaker 5: Everyone's like, oh God, I'm stuck for eighting. Here's raising and paying for this kid. It's like, no, just taking the fire station. Everyone get fire stations around God. This is the guy who raised over forty five thousand.
Speaker 8: We did, right, yeah, right card when it's listed as number six and the Leader boys, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, congrats again gents for the for the kids. The eighteen hour video is now it's been out on YouTube, so I suggest you check that out. Shouts out to Sean. Hello Sean speaking about Sean and things that Mike Manatti and I are united with. It is playing Pokemon TCG pocket.
Speaker 2: I gotta opens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've I see what God is giving other people and giving them God packs five full art cards, and I pray for the same thing because because your boys just getting fucking just basic oddishes. I don't even have a regular bulbles sore yet, y'all.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Got I got four cube bones and none of them are look to the cute full art ones.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hate me.
Speaker 3: So I literally was like, gosh, I want that full art cubane which one is it? And you see it, I'm like, oh, I just I want that one, and I open up pack and it was immediately.
Speaker 2: That cubebe with the full art. I'm like, that's nice.
Speaker 1: I am lacking so many trainer cards. But I brought this to the table today because I have a legitimate gripe with a game and it is currently there is an event where you're supposed to battle other players and here's the problem. All the other deck it's And I understand that this is because there are only a limited amount of cards available in the game as of right now, so you're gonna run into the same deck archetype over and over and over again. But I constantly am fucking running in to people with the MW two ex deck or they're running a misty Water deck and able to like get me out in one turn because they're able to put the all the energy on their card and attack.
Speaker 2: On the first turn. You're not supposed to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: But either way, I'm still having a good time. The thing is, though, after playing so much Marvel Snap, I'm so used to the h the matches being very quick and easy, very snappy. Here seeing the time limit being twenty minutes. It's kind of intimidating and I just don't want to sit there enough. And a lot of people that I've gone up against have not learned that. Yo, you're definitely going to lose this game. Just concede. Please save us all some time.
Speaker 4: Now, jan For the collection aspect, I have an idea. What about a Friday upf where it's, uh, you open a hundred packs and then you can expense it.
Speaker 1: Well you know that? No again, no, no, no, Hey, you know that seems like a great idea.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people would watch that.
Speaker 4: I think that'd be a good, good use of company funds personally.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and we got plenty of those around, so maybe you maybe you do that on Mikey?
Speaker 2: How you?
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about the pokemons?
Speaker 3: I actually got a lot of the cars that I want, But luck it's been pretty good. I haven't spent any money, and I've got the gold but two. I got two of the gold Mew two ex's, I got the animated Charizar, the animated Pikachu, a bunch of other great things. So yeah, like I'm good. I don't I don't need to spend any money. Uh, Pokemon gods like me.
Speaker 2: Rarely has he ever sound cooler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been winning a lot of my U those those online games. Uh, I just leave it up to rn G gods because I have a Meriwak deck and he just flips coins to see if he kills people, and then you know, you flip them and it's a fifty cent chance. But it's usually heads because God likes Mikey, and then I win because I believe in souls.
Speaker 2: God likes Mikey needs to be her new thing.
Speaker 5: That's a good yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's your smell. What the rock is cooking? That's how you end your promos.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: God's in everyone's corner, but he leans a little bit on my side. That's from the musical seventeen seventy six. It's a quote, oh kind of. It's so yeah. I like the Pokemon game. I finished all the I hope there's more MPC fights because I do prefer fighting against the computer.
Speaker 2: It is a bit more chill.
Speaker 3: It's almost more like a puzzle, right because you know what kind of deck they're gonna have, so you make a deck to counter that.
Speaker 2: You go for it. Fighting against the people. It's fine.
Speaker 3: Pokemon cards is always weird because there are the weaknesses, right, Like you know, fighting is strong against the normal or dark strong against psych kick and especially when you only have twenty cards in your deck so you're not gonna have multiple types. It's like, well, I have a water deck and I just went up against somebody with electricity. Guess I'll lose. It's not a death sentence per se, or does kind of feel bad like, well, I guess I just aim immediately at a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: That kind of sucks, is it.
Speaker 4: Do you think a calendar year from now will you still be playing the trading card game pocket That.
Speaker 3: Calendar year is a lot, you know, I imagine might start taking breaks till expansions come out, right, because I guess I actually am going to play like I got pretty much most of the cards that I want from this set.
Speaker 2: Hey here's Jannel.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right, I M man, I'm gonna use some company funds to replace this fucking go ucks a.
Speaker 2: Lot you should do with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been playing Keepers Toll. We were talking a little bit earlier how some indie games have adopted that OREO four format, and I think it was I thought it was only a matter of time until we start seeing more games replicate Vampire Survivors. Keeper's Toll is a fun Vampire Survivors like. It's a slightly more active in terms of like there are button commands where you can input directional buttons to do a combo and it'll do it'll warp you somewhere else in the map. And you start with five or six different characters, and it is that same format where you are auto attacking, but you are gaining levels a little bit more quicker, and then those different abilities will play off similar to Vampire Survivors in how you format your character, except here you'll there'll be like world events popping off in the map of like, oh hey, a shopkeeper dropped in, you should go visit the shopkeeper. The thing that I have enjoyed so far about this game is that there's also a dash that you can do, so you can kind of get out of a sticky situation a little bit easier. And there's also estes Flask equivalence where ah, man, my house is kind of low, got heel up a bit, and there's that management there. The other world events that pop up are stuff like Big Boss battles that come up, or like, here's a random alter, do you want to just sacrifice half of your health and see what happens? And sometimes it'll be a detriment. Sometimes it'll just wind up upgrading one of your abilities instead. I'm interested to see where this goes. I've only checked out one character, and he was very melee focused, so a lot of his abilities were only just attacking people fairly close up. It was interesting because some of his abilities were like, all right, this is like a down sweep, and I was trying to figure out, is my character actually gonna like do a sweep and no, he just shoots a shadow down because that is a leg sweep, and then his uppercut would just shoot up instead of to the side. It's interesting. It did make me think of how much I missed Vampire Survivors. And I'm curious about that Castlevania DLC that seems beefy.
Speaker 2: I started that. It does seem quite beefy.
Speaker 5: I only did, like, I think, one run with it, but like just seeing the map and be like, oh, that's just a straight up Castlevania map.
Speaker 2: Seems like there's a lot in there. Yeah, there is.
Speaker 1: And last but not least for this week in terms of games, I've yet to check this out. By very very curious.
Speaker 2: Rise of the Golden Idol. Yes, I am.
Speaker 5: I believe one or two cases away from being done with this, Greb.
Speaker 1: Howp are you?
Speaker 4: I'm into chapter two?
Speaker 2: I just started it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm deep into chapter five, which appears to be near the end there. So yeah, overall, I love this and I think there are things that I definitely prefer this one over the original. There are some things that have I haven't loved as much, but I'll get into that. But overall, the art style is incredible. The setting like just the more like modern like late seventies, Like I love this setting a lot more than the you know, satral times of the other one. It also does some really smart things where it's like chapters. So there will be chapter two will have you know, three or four cases, and so you'll solve them all individually, like in a bottle, and then at the end, before we move on to chapter three, there will be like an overarching like okay, well what in this whole set of levels? Put together the story and fill in these blanks? And it has the fill in the blank ones, but it also has like some side things where it's like, Okay, there was this casting call for this commercial. You need to figure out who from you know, these nine names got cast in this commercial because they're only four, or you got to figure out what all these buttons do on this device. So things that aren't just like fill in the sequence of events. So it does kind of shift it up in some ways that I really like. The individual cases are awesome. There are a lot we're just like, oh, you got to that one, Oh do the auction one, the like you know, you'll know immediately if you say, oh, you do the drive in theater one, and very very memorable cases like that. The thing that has frustrated me, and I don't want to say it's a minor complaint because it is one that's come up several times for me, is that a lot of these solutions are just a big thing of blanks. So it's like blank, blank, did blank, and blank which blank the blank and blank to blanc And so there's a lot of things to fill in, and I can fill in things that are all accurate, like I can take in the story, I can see everything happening in the scene, this mystery, this murder or whatever it is and put in accurate information, but it won't count because it's not the specific thing the game was looking for. Does that make sense the phoenix right problem?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I come across this in similar other kind of mystery or puzzle adventure games, and it is frustrating, Like, you know what happened, you just have to figure out how you the game wants you to communicate it properly.
Speaker 4: Ex Like can you give do you have an example or like? Cause like I usually I'm like, oh, I feel like I could put this name here or there and it would know that what I meant.
Speaker 5: If it's like this, If it's a one sentence where it says blank and blank went to the thing, you can swap A and B and it'll know. But like, it's especially as it gets into the more complex ones, where it's like.
Speaker 2: Here's three paragraphs.
Speaker 5: And I can fill in stuff that is all accurate, but because it was looking for something, it's like, oh, well, how was I supposed to know that that's what it was saying? Because it's just mostly blanks. I think you'll see it more in some of the later ones. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Because the first couple chapters I remember just kind of putting it all together and everything, and then as it gets later on, there's so many blanks. It'll get to the point where it's like, all right, I don't know what this once and it says two or few are incorrect, So I'm just kind of swapping out random names and stuff until it tells me I'm getting to a better spot. So I don't know a little specific with what it wants sometimes, but especially once, like when they sent it out, they sent out like the solutions and stuff, so like there have been a couple of times I've had to just like go to that and I'll see it. I'm like, oh, that that's what it was going for, where like I knew all that information. I just that's what Okay, you'll know it when you.
Speaker 2: Get to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like it was like chapter three, chapter four when I started running into that. But overall, I think most of them you can just solve by deducing all the clues put in front of you. It does get very difficult though, It gets very very difficult, but it also is incredibly satisfying when you when you put the things together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's yeah, I think that's where it's at for me, like like Dan said, I just love looking at this game, just taking in the scenes, seeing all the weird people moving around in weird ways. Their portraits are so odd and fascinating. It feels it's just a strong, strong style. And then like enjoying looking at the images is helpful because all the information is there in front of you. It's all like the solution is like that little splotch of green like that stands out. It matters like that, and that's going to make a difference in what happened in the story and help you solve this thing. So pay attention to everything. And I love games like this where I can just where it's just set there, and then the rest of the gameplay takes place in my head as I figure these things out. And they they crushed it with a case of the Golden Idol and it's like, oh, okay, they really do have that magic touch where it's like every single one of these I've continued to feel very excited when I stumble across something. There's times where it's like I will be stunned at something I'm realizing and it's like, oh my god, the implications of this for the overarching story. What does this mean? I wasn't even thinking that this was possible. I was didn't occur to me. And it's like, oh, that's why they covered up that person's body part for whatever reason. And now I'm like, okay, that has this means that, and now I'm thinking about this whole thing differently, and those revelations coming to you as the pay as you play the game is the game, and that is woy. It's so much fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And there are so many times where it's like playing the game amounts to just like staring at things you've seen a million times before and just thinking, like you're not active clicking just you know. It's one of those things where I'm taking pictures of my phone and I'm taking two pictures and like I'm opening up like different windows on my screenshots app and putting things together and drawing on things.
Speaker 2: It's I love that type of shit.
Speaker 5: And I feel like Obraden and Case of the Golden Idol both very good, but I think I think the studio is getting better each time with putting this together, Like it's it's more elegant now, Like I love the idea of Obraden, but something about it, like existing in this three D space and everything. I think I prefer just looking at a couple like dioramas. I'm just like, Okay, it's all right here, I'll see what this person has and their coat, but like it's it's all right in front of you, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the biggest feeling coming out of Overdend for me was this is a new genre.
Speaker 2: I need.
Speaker 4: I need more of this, And now we're here and it's like, oh, they're going to make a lot more of this. A Wout who you know, works on the game. He works on the publishing side of it. It's told me on Blue Sky that they have four DLCs planned for this game for next year, and it's like, Okay, that's That's exactly what I want to hear, because as I'm playing, I'm having such a good time. This could just be one of those genres where it's like I am just every time there's something new here, I'm going back and playing more of it. And I could do that, I foresee for the rest of my life. It's it's that much my shit. So them getting better at it, kind of really honing their craft, has been really nice to see because it does confirm it. Oh yeah, this is something we're going to get a lot more of and it's not going to lose its luster.
Speaker 2: In fact, it's it's getting better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, lone puzzles have been around forever. This is just a really cool way of presenting it in video right.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, right exactly, but actually, like executing on that in a really good video gaming way has been something relatively new and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yes, exciting. I love it is Rise of the Golden Idol or the original Golden Idol game y'all think it is on the Mount Rushmore for Wow, this game makes me feel smart.
Speaker 5: Ooh first one's that come to mind there? Like the Witness at Times is.
Speaker 2: Number one for that. That's that's one where I literally like.
Speaker 4: When I figured out the the music puzzle on the ship and then when I solved the gauntlet thing at the end, if.
Speaker 2: You did that, you did the gauntlet yeah yeah, wow, okay.
Speaker 4: Yes, and no no looking up anything. I just yeah, that was fit with my brain so well. I just like stood up and screamed. My neighbor looked over in the window at me. It was yeah, it was a whole thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, that number one. Actually, I fucking love Outer wild Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never checked out the DLC. I gotta I tried it.
Speaker 2: It was I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: No, have any of you ever really played the Phoenix Right games at least?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like them. I'm not, but I intend to.
Speaker 1: Lorelai in the Laser Eyes makes me feel dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wasn't. That was too much for me. I'm gonna I need to play that before Game of the Year.
Speaker 1: Baba is you makes me feel smart feel dumb?
Speaker 4: That that's exactly made me feel smart until it made me feel dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should go back to it. I should.
Speaker 5: I think Outer Wilds might be the perfect like they found that sweet spot of like it was just tricky enough, but I feel like, you know, you weren't banging your head against something for an hour without finding anything. I feel like you were constantly making discoveries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good. Good would you all? I forgot most of it by now. I could probably replay that now.
Speaker 1: Oh that'd be fun. That'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think Lucy had ever checked it out. I'd be interested for her to stream that.
Speaker 4: That's one where it's like I want to do a fun special stream of like playing that at a campfire outside in the summer or something like.
Speaker 2: It's just because it has such good vibes playing a flute, yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just being dressed up as pan out there in the woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should get a pan flute next. You should be fine to learn that. He very whimsical.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see that, all right, boys, Well, unless anyone else has any other little tidbits or little bits of games they want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah about I was, oh, go ahead, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say real quick, played a little bit more Maria and Luigi Brothership and liking it better.
Speaker 2: Oh, after a little bit.
Speaker 5: I want to say, I forgot to say I did start that, and uh I got like maybe forty five and it's in, and I played and loved all of them. There was something so deflating about saying that this one was super long, and I had flashbacks to Dream Team being so long.
Speaker 4: It's not long and the same way as Dream Team, but it is apparently it's very, very long.
Speaker 2: And also I don't love the look of it at all. Yeah, it really just kind of looks off old. It's weird. But not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's far enough away from what I want it to be that it's like, there's something weird about the way it looks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like, I like the combat, but it was doing that thing that some of those games have done where it's like, oh, every time I walk somewhere, some asshole is going to start talking to me about something and explain everything too much, and it's just like it's so exhausting every time it does that, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Like, I knew I should have started brotherships. I could talk about it on podcasts, and then I'm like, I'm really deep into metaphor and stuff in here is getting super good. I really do just want to play that instead of Look, even on the best of times of boring, Luigi games and Mario RPG's first couple hours are kind of boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really want to do that right now. Not really better, it's a little bit better.
Speaker 5: Yes, Okay, it's just like at the time of year when you're kind of doing that math, I'm like, fuck, I still need to play this, and I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's when that people need to play. Yeah, frankly, I think that's where I would settle on it where it's like, no, yeah, unless you have a lot more time and a lot of love for Mario and Luichi, is probably one you can mostly skip. I think that I g and review They gave it a five out of ten. Well, I think it was a little harsh. I generally agree with most of the criticisms in.
Speaker 3: That I can't really see myself just finishing Metaphor and going straight to Dragon Quest three, which I'm much more excited about.
Speaker 1: I think that is the right. I think that is the that is a critical path, and if we're doing the critical path of the rest of this podcast, it's now time to take a quick bricky break and we'll be back with some news.
Speaker 5: I just Tetris Forever. Tetris Forever is live now. I just downloaded it.
Speaker 2: That's the breaking news. That's that's the break news.
Speaker 4: As soon as the break started, I actually, you know, before the break, when we were still going and I was like, this could cause a problem for the show, and I don't care, all right, started downloading it, and now it's finished.
Speaker 2: We're linked up. Sometimes yeah, sometimes stript and paddle.
Speaker 1: Grubbing. Dan downloaded Tetris. That is the first news story of today. What else do you got?
Speaker 4: Area five did a lot of the documentary work for Tetris Forever, which is the one up show.
Speaker 2: People, which is a very very important thing to be.
Speaker 4: So yeah, go go get Tetris Forever and consume that content.
Speaker 5: Tetris Battle guy In is on there. You can play Tetris Battle guy In.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The all this stuff has got online, right stuff, so we could play these games online? Yeah, all right, well we'll take a look at that. All right, let's start here, Mike, I need you to rev up your surprisingly deep knowledge about Disney and its corporate structure. E A CEO Andrew Wilson were totally being considered for top top Disney job. Basically, Bob Iger retired, he got Bob Chappick about Chapick to replace him, and then it was like Bob Chapick, I fucking hate you, I'm back, You're fired, And the pandemic happened, A bunch of stuff happened, but Bob Biker came back, and now it's like, okay, time to retire again, and they're gonna spend the next couple of years figuring out who to replace him, and apparently could be Electronic Arts current CEO Andrew Wilson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Uh, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Part of me wonders if he's just a candidate, because they need candidates, right, and they need to make it.
Speaker 2: You know, they need to look at people outside the company.
Speaker 4: It needs to be a job search, needs to like do diligence and all that stuff to be keep the board happy.
Speaker 2: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The big problem with Disney and having a single leader for it is that Disney is so big and is so many things.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You need to understand its TV business, it's subscription service, it's theme park business, it's merchandising business, it's sports ESPN.
Speaker 2: Right, There's a million things.
Speaker 3: You have to understand. So it's a little weird that one of, you know, the kind of smaller aspects of the company right now, and they've been putting more effort into it video games. I'm not sure why you would get somebody where that is their main efforts.
Speaker 2: The one thing that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm I'm thinking too much about this is if Disney did want to make a major acquisition for a big company, it seems like a weird time to do that right now. But hey, maybe even what it ea getting Andrew Wilson as your new CEO. Maybe that helps you make inroads there, but it doesn't seem like an amazing fit right away unless they know something about Andrew.
Speaker 2: That I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I you know, Yeah, it was pretty diversified when it comes to a video game company, and you know, they do have links to sports and stuff like that, and so I think some of those skills would transfer. But you're right, it's it's such a different thing and and if anyone's one of those like verticals falters, that's a problem for the CEO, as we saw with Japik. Yeah, I don't know. I wouldn't miss Andrew Wilson. It's not like I've been, like, oh, super in love with what EA has been since he took over. In fact, they've been I think, kind of the model of the risk adverse sort of we're just kind of doing the same thing over and over. And yeah, we used to make Mir's Edge, but we don't do that anymore. In fact, we don't do anything like that anymore because of because the last Mirror's Edge we did was sort of not up to snuff, and now every we have to panic anytime we see anything that is potentially a new game outside of one of these massive franchises that we know could sell twenty million cops.
Speaker 3: What's the last time Andrew Wilson thought about the twelve and younger audience, right, which is a huge part of Disney's business.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean I think like the only example that is they're going to re release my SIMS.
Speaker 2: I think that lives up to it. Probably not, huh.
Speaker 1: I think SIMS is like the only thing that could potentially target that demo. But yeah, I don't know, like, are are the youth like people like your kids like Dibb's age, Are they getting super into Madden? You think?
Speaker 2: Or is her they just importantly play Madden?
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's again, I don't think that's like the audience that EA and Andrew Wilson necessarily thinks about in his marketing towards Dandy.
Speaker 2: Has something to say about the youth.
Speaker 5: I just think it sounds like Dibbs just really unto the Paul Brothers right now.
Speaker 4: But like he's just like that's an appotastic before the you know, the main course of Andrew tape.
Speaker 2: Of course, yeah, fast track, fast tracked, yea, Yeah, he's the.
Speaker 4: Type uh yeah, like I think that if you know what is EA's big success from a business perspective over the last ten years, it is Ultimate Team. How does that translate to Disney in any real way? I don't think there's one to one there because it's you know, video games are such a ripe thing for charging people, like up charging people and finding creative ways to charge people more.
Speaker 2: They're already good at that at Disney, so the right.
Speaker 4: But they like and then you can't really do that with movies and things like that.
Speaker 2: You do with theme parks that boy do they Yes, they definitely do it with theme parks.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, maybe maybe they're looking at theme parks and like maybe he can think of some innovative new ways to separate people from their money. But you're probably right, Mike, that this is an early candidate that will be forgotten when we when they actually announced, you know, the finalized candidates or whatever, or when they actually announce who's going to be the next CEO. Like remember when Andrew Wilson was mentioned, that's probably what's coming on.
Speaker 3: The last time they went outside for it was Eisner. I believe in you know, he came from Paramounts, right, which was at least adjacent ish, and he had to build so many connections at Paramount with very relevant modern people like Steven Spielberg and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Since then, it's been internal. Eiger was internal, and.
Speaker 3: Chapick was the Chappick did come from the theme parks specifically, and they kind of had the problems like, well, he knows about the theme parks, but does he really understand about you know, television and movies. And that was part of why we ended up back at Eiger. So the whole thing is a mess. And maybe it is just too much for one single person to do that good of a job at I don't know, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, whoever you bring in has got to be someone that can build a team of people they trust to dictate too, because they can't do it all. I was looking at Andrew Wilson's Wikipedia. He holds a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu, and I don't find that surprising at all, not at all.
Speaker 2: At least we able to to fight off the other candidates.
Speaker 4: Then you think, under his blazers he's always wearing Affliction T shirts.
Speaker 2: I bet he is ed Hardy still a thing A friend.
Speaker 1: Oh Ed Hardy is coming back?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 4: I remember that scene in Nubes where the guy comes in wearing a like an Ed Hardy or Affliction T shirt and Blake Freeman stands up to him heroically and just makes fun of him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have but a punch in the fash and you bleed all over your stupid Douce shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I just had to see that scene like five times.
Speaker 1: I was looking for something to watch last night and I almost put on Nubes. Oh.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's an interesting experiment. You won't forget it.
Speaker 2: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: There's a new summoning slid out on Sibson's Hit and Run. Watch that instead of Yeah.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Sony has cut the PS five Slim Digital Edition price by seventy dollars until Christmas. Sony Interactive Entertainment has reduced the price of the PS five Slim Digital in the United States. The console is now available for three hundred and eighty dollars, a discount from its regular price of four hundred and fifty dollars. Now that was that thing launched?
Speaker 2: Was it four hundred the digital edition?
Speaker 4: Not the Slim obviously, but four hundred right, right, Okay, so we're kind of like sneaking a little bit back past where where it started at. But okay, yeah, three hundred and eighty dollars still is a discount. Yeah, they're trying to Like we've seen the console sales have dipped year over year for everything including PlayStation five, even though they are slowing more PS fives than any of the other consoles at the moment. But this holiday is one where it's like, hey, maybe they can make some moves by doing price cuts. And we haven't seen really aggressive price cutting very frequently in the last several years now. PlayStation has did do this last year when they were trying to meet a very high bar of what they set their expectations for with investors. But hey, they're back this year more discounting. This feels like something that could move the needle for people, like people waiting on the sideline for a three hundred dollars ish price tag.
Speaker 3: Maybe I feel like it's the coincidence that the discount is the price of a game, right yep, So you hope, like, okay, now, you know people will say that it even just being there's something about seeing that price start with a three where I'm like, that's very reasonable now right.
Speaker 2: It feels very different. Yeah, yeah, all of a sudden, even.
Speaker 1: Hearing the three eighty makes me think like, oh wow, well that's way cheaper than a pro. I could go grab this one. I think that might be like the mental gymnastics some parents might do, say for like their little gimmicks of their outgrowing switch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean we're talking almost half the price right of a PS five pro. So I think that does does a couple of things. It does make this feel like much more of an impulse purchase, something that you feel good about getting a suppressive for the holidays. And boy, it makes the PS five pro seem that much more expensive. Yeah, like almost twice as much as this for the pro and it's not twice as good. What are we talking about here? So yeah, I think that's always where they end up with this weirdness. And this is why we don't see a lot of discounting. Is they want to make sure that you feel like the upsell ladder thereof I want to get a PS five, well that's already that's four hundred dollars, but I want to dis drive, so I'll just get the five hundred. If I'm already spending five hundred, might as well spend a little bit more and get the PS five Pro and then I'll get the disk drive for that thing. So they want you to feel that, but this is so far removed from that PS five Pro price that it doesn't feel like it can get you into that line of thinking. Lack of PS five Pro shortages mean that some scalpers are reselling at a loss.
Speaker 2: That's a feel good story.
Speaker 4: I mentioned this on Game Last Mornings and everyone was very happy to hear this. But apparently in the UK a lot are selling for the for under the seven hundred pound price on eBay. Some are even selling at like five hundred and eighty pounds for the PlayStation five Pro. So I think this just speaks to Okay, the demand is not there. Maybe it's more supply, but it does seem like the demand for the PS five Pro isn't as high.
Speaker 2: And I mean, does this surprise you guys at all? I think this is probably what we expected. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that scalper market really surged during the pandemic because people were clamoring to get APS five, but now because a lot of people already have a PS five and it isn't essential to get the pro A lot of those scalpers sent it on them and fuck them.
Speaker 2: Fuck theme absolutely.
Speaker 4: PS five hit sixty five million consoles sold, as Sony says to expect a mix of single player and service games going forward.
Speaker 2: This is kind of just that. They had their earnings report sixty.
Speaker 4: Five point five million PlayStation fives sold PS plus revenue increased due to higher tiers of service and pricing hikes. Monthly active users in playtime across all platforms showed positive growth, and PlayStation Studios is promising in a mix or promising a mix of single player and live service games. They also had mixed results in live service ambitions, with successes like Hell Divers two and then en cancelation of Last of Us multiplayer and of course Concord. Yeah, I mean, it does feel like a lot of parts of Sony are working, the live service parts necessary aren't necessarily working, and some are crashing, and so it does feel like PlayStation overall is in this. Hey, it is what it's been, and they're going to kind of stick with what's working going forward, like a status quo with PlayStation and I'm mostly fine with that. Do we get the sense that Sony might still be at some unease with where they're at positioned in the market.
Speaker 3: I mean, they were hoping for the live service games to be a big boon, and it said we had kind of one big and one failure kind of cancel each other out maybe and in the best case scenario, and you're looking at what's coming next, right, because there's that what's the other live service game that we're all like, oh, there's not much that thing not marathon marathon games, fair games. Yes, that's it. Yeah, yeah, exactly. It's like, eh, we'll see about that. I mean it's funny to like expect to mix a single player in service games. Okay, so then what you've been doing, right, nothing's really going to change. It seems like they're gonna don't gonna stay the course here.
Speaker 4: Yeah uh Astrobat did sell one point five million copies though, sonya yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that yay? I don't know. I always struggle so much with this. I'm always like to is that good?
Speaker 5: But my barometer is still like was a ps one that it was like a million to get the green label, and it's like pretty parsons then, So.
Speaker 3: I also missed when it was just like this game sort a million copies, that's fantastic, It's right, and I bet it certainly isn't bad. But there's part of me so sixty five point five million PlayStation fives and it's like, man, only like one out of forty people have Astrobot, Like, why do you even have a PlayStation?
Speaker 2: And I know why they have a PlayStation.
Speaker 3: It's that they can play Fortnite in Call of Duty probably, But still, I just want to live in the world where Astrobot is some like giant Cells five million, ten million copies success, and you know, I know that's probably unrealistic in a lot of ways, but I just wish it.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, if it was on Nintendo, right though, it would be a five to ten million seller.
Speaker 4: Right, That's that's the thing where it's like, then I'm like, I can't we just say mess these things together a little bit more. I think I was hoping that by the time we got to this point and we were hearing this first number, I lot like two point five million, three million at least is kind of what I was, and that was also very optimistic. Now the good news continues to be this is one of the fastest selling platformers that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have Mario in the name.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Ever, and you know, in.
Speaker 4: The United States, I think it's it is the fastest one that does have Mari and the label, you know, in the like the last ten, fifteen, twenty years whatever, Matt Piskutel says. And it did about as good as you can expect it to realistically speaking. I was just kind of like, can we get a little unrealistic, can we just recognize how good of a game this is?
Speaker 2: And it's like it didn't break through to that.
Speaker 4: Now it still has the Holidays ahead of it, it still has word of mouth, it still has the fact that it almost certainly will be nominated for a Game Award and will show up in a lot of game awards across a lot of different media outlets. So there's a chance that it could go and have a really bright future. But it's like, you know, there are games like this that have broken out. It takes two one that the Game Award, right, and they just not that thing sold like twenty million copies or some insane shit like that.
Speaker 2: Divorce what's that? Oh yeah, divorce, Yeah right, you know what.
Speaker 4: Divorce power probably instead of a shrinking that would have been much better. So, yeah, the story here is one point five million is good. I wish it was better.
Speaker 2: Maybe it will be better as it keeps going ahead here and gets.
Speaker 1: I think with the Holidays coming up, Astrobot maybe like the I don't want to say baby game, but the platform or that some younger gamers may hop over to.
Speaker 3: Sure, but again there's a bit of a problem with how many like younger games. How many people under the age of ten have a PlayStation five? Really is that really the market or that console in the same way that you know PS one, PS two is, Yeah, a lot of young people had, especially the PS one right, PS one got cheap.
Speaker 2: There's so many people kind of grew up with Spiro and Crash, especially in that era, and Sony has kind of left that behind. Is sort of given that market up to Nintendo, and I think that was always a mistake, and I think it's you know, if they're looking for growth.
Speaker 3: I don't know about live service games, see ho risky that is. I really do wish that there was a bit more of a push for family friendly games again instead.
Speaker 2: Boo boo, boo boo.
Speaker 4: So I got a correspondent, Dan Riiker from the field.
Speaker 2: I'll break in with Bricket story here.
Speaker 5: That's right, coming in from the Taco Bell Corporation. The Chat has informed us that December nineteenth, nation wide, there are Crispy Chicken nuggets with the Bell sauce gimmick and Jalapeno honey mustard sauce, both of which I can confirm are incredible, are coming out nationwide for a limited time.
Speaker 2: That's right, folks.
Speaker 5: I hate them copiously when they were a test market here in Minnesota. Now all of you can see how delicious it is. Oh my god, I'm so fucking excited.
Speaker 2: We did eat those at your house elast. We were going to it, but they stopped doing it right before me. Okay, so you have not had them.
Speaker 5: They are shit fantastic, And if it's gonna be a limited time, I'm going to have those all through the holiday season.
Speaker 1: Hell yes, great, excited body, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Now I want to have to go to two places when the one kid who likes Taco Bell wants Taco Bell and the other kid wants chicken nuggets.
Speaker 5: Well, it's wild because like when they were out, I was just getting nuggets and fries from Taco Bell, and I liked both of them better than McDonald's, which I love McDonald's.
Speaker 1: You think you could do a hundred of these?
Speaker 5: They're pretty chunky. No, not, I could do forty honey mustard.
Speaker 1: I'm too concerned for my health to try.
Speaker 4: And thinks jalap jalapeno honey mustard.
Speaker 2: Is that what you said? That sounds really fucking good.
Speaker 5: It's good, and I'm not a mustard guy. But that Bell sauce is fan what foul sauce? It's like orange?
Speaker 2: Great, it's like cane sauce, I know exactly.
Speaker 5: No, it's like spicy orange. Yeah, but not like not like the fruit orange. But we knew you didn't mean the color snicy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't worry. It's fine and orange like a orange chicken sauce is pretty. It's not like that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, let's talk about returning to the previous world that we used to live in. For example, Fortnite og is returning permanently. So you remember they did Fortnite Classic Fortnite proback as an event a few months back, and it was very, very popular, and starting in December, that's just going to be another option that people can just go select and it will just be the game as it was when it launched.
Speaker 2: I suppose it.
Speaker 5: And for someone like me that came in really late to Fortnite, I think I came in when they introduced John Cena, it was fun to go back to like the original map, and so like, I'm glad I'll play that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's just so interesting how you know these life service games where they're changing all the time, and sometimes it's like balance changes or this, and that turns out a lot of changes are just arbitrating for the sake of change, so that when you do revert to the LG, it sometimes just works just as well, or there's something about that that counts as a change as well, right, Yeah, it counts as a change.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe we have more of a conversation about this. Because Overwatch Classic is an event that brings back the original heroes and maps. Overwatch two is launching Overwatch Colond Classic, a series of nostalgia inducing events that take players back to the game's early days. The first event will run from November twelfth to December second, and will feature original heroes abilities maps in the Classic six v six team based format. Now for me, it's like, man, okay, we're already like at the nostalgia, but it's like eight years, right, is that we're between now and when Overwatch over a while and.
Speaker 2: There were so many drastic changes with Overwatch.
Speaker 3: I mean just the six v six thing, right, because Overwatch two went the five be five, So that's a big deal. It's a little weird for me because like, well, the Overwatch changed so much and so quickly that what I'm nostalgic for is maybe like a year into Overwatch, not necessarily launch day Overwatch, where you could have six Winston's in a match and things like that. It'll be fun and wacky to try again.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: I am glad that they're doing this, but it can because a problem where this is so different than the Overwatch we have.
Speaker 2: Now, what happens if everybody likes this more?
Speaker 3: Right, But here's the game that's just been changing so gradually and sometimes drastically over those eight years that this OG version is going to feel very different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know a couple like eight years is longer than most console generations, so you know that is like, oh, I'm playing a three D game and then if you go back eight years, I was playing like Atari almost.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a long time. But also this does feel like, oh, this is the cycle that these games go through, and this is the midlife crisis of they're looking around and they just want things to be back to the way they used to be, and fans just want to want to recapture that magic and they're looking for their youth and the way that they felt when they came online after school and they were playing the game, and now the game is going to feel like that again. And part of me is like, okay, is this like okay, then what happens next? How do you go forward from here? And some do like World war Craft has definitely found a way to do that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, like World Warcraft just kind of has the two verticals. Now you have Classic and you have you know, the new stuff going and some people play one than the others, some people play both, and then you have like RuneScape or I think the classic version of RuneScape is kind of just the version most Yeah, right, right, so that could also happen at any moment, all right.
Speaker 4: Valve is selling a limited edition white Steam deck o led starting next week on November eighteenth, so six days.
Speaker 3: I not even considered yet.
Speaker 2: I'm good on my rog Galley X life. I love that thing. I like that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't afford this right now, but it's it looks really nice. It's white with some cool colored accents on it, but otherwise.
Speaker 2: It's it's the Steam deck O. It is exactly the same thing. So what a white one too? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, first I mean I am like, oh, it would be nice to have a new one because then it's like, now I would really have enough of the ones that are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have three, so the kids would each.
Speaker 4: Have one and I could have one and we have the Steam family sharing now, so that works really well. So I'm like, I'm starting to justify it, but like, no, I should just.
Speaker 2: Wait, me too for my kids.
Speaker 3: One thing I don't like about the rock Ally X is that the original rock Ally was white and the ex is black, and I'm like, it's not quite as sharp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have like I worry about, oh, it was the white gonna look dirty, But I have the white Ally and it looks great. That's what you all are too, you know it shut out shout out the jam there, all right, And then Switch to will be backwards compatible with Switch.
Speaker 2: Nintendo confirmed last week. That's what we hoped for.
Speaker 4: They they just came out and said it. Part of that is probably hey, keep buying games because they're going to work on the Switch too. But also it's like that they're promising to continue the Nintendo Switch account, so all the games you have purchase will continue forward, and then also Nintendo Switch Online so your subscription will continue forward. And they want that continuity because they've seen what it did for Sony. And you know, I always mentioned this, but Sony traditionally it would launch you do console and that year its profits would dip drastically. Infect it would always lose money, and it did that every single generation. The PS three was really bad where it took years to become profitable. With the PS four to PS five, it has been a very smooth transition. They just kept making profit throughout that entire time. There was almost no blip at all. A lot of that is chalked up to these accounts having your games, so people felt comfortable continuing to buy games and the subscriptions. Nintendo once in on that, and so that moved them to make this happen because this was not just like oh, flip and a switch of Oh, this thing is definitely going to be compatible with the switch. They had to do some work, but they did the work and now here we are, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Get the benefit of it. So good bums.
Speaker 1: Up to this greb, has there been any updates on that mysterious online test that they ran?
Speaker 2: It's over?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's over, but.
Speaker 4: They haven't said anything. I wish they would just release it because it is fun.
Speaker 2: It is it looks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I should share some more stuff, you guys, because there's there's you're getting a little bulldozer or a little fork lift, all right, It's like it's the size of a little cube. It's the size of you. And you're just like going and you drive around. You pick up a bunch of blocks and you just drop them down and make a big thing and it's uh and then you make the thing too big over to the side and you see the block starting to wabble and you're like, oh, I got to build a pillow pillar under that, and then you forget to do that and you go up there and all collapses and.
Speaker 2: It's cool. I want to play that game. It is god a cool thing.
Speaker 4: So they have not said what their plans are. They have not said like and weirdly, when they were like, hey do us do us a solid you don't talk about this with anybody.
Speaker 2: Most people have been like, yeah, okay, we're not going to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone seems to agree. Yeah, So there hasn't been a lot. I was kind of waiting for the damn to break and I'm like, oh, I'll talk about it. Then when everyone else is talking about and everyone's like, no, we were really afraid of anything.
Speaker 2: Please don't please don't come like that valve came.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely not so uh, but you know, it's it ended, and that was sort of it at this point, and it was not like, hey, look forward to more at this point, I look forward to it on the switch to they'll probably talk about it again. Maybe it's some direct in the future, but yeah, in the meantime, it's just this mystery thing that came and went and ten thousand people got to play it and that was it. All right, last couple of stories here. Grand Theft Auto six is still on track for Fall twenty twenty five release. Yeah, they're kind of they're saying this, I think that's probably going to happen or could happen, but I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be surprised if we get a delay into early twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Right Team twenty twenty five, I believe I thought I really care about guys. I thought about it, dam not having a strong position for some.
Speaker 2: Reason, not a rockstar guy at all.
Speaker 3: I like read that Redemption one a lot, and then I like to read their Redemption two pretty good, more than most people on this site.
Speaker 2: I think ETA games don't do a ton for me.
Speaker 3: Like I played through all five and had an okay time with it was largely unmoved, and I think that's the only GT I ever beat.
Speaker 2: What about Bully Played Boy?
Speaker 3: I bet I would probably like Bully Bully Play Bully though, because I was like, I don't like bullies.
Speaker 2: When it came was like, why would I play as a bully?
Speaker 5: It was like, Oh, it's gonna You're gonna be a bully and get people's swirlies. No, it's got a heartfelt story. It's actually really.
Speaker 1: I never checked it out either.
Speaker 5: It's not probably I will get on the Bully soapbox any day of the week. Uh, that game is fantastic I'm gonna played thrit again several years ago, and I was like, God, damn, what a cool, unique thing.
Speaker 2: They never just did another one of these. I'm gonna get.
Speaker 4: A table tennis running on the Parsec PC and we should play some table Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do that please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was surprising. I wasn't actually bullied very much by super Did I get bullied more than you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Very much?
Speaker 2: What the well?
Speaker 1: You went to Catholic school too, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, nerd?
Speaker 1: What did your brothers protect my older brother a.
Speaker 3: Little bit because he was a scene here. I was not so much of my brother, but my brother's one friend who was very tall and big, and he like liked to pick on me a little bit. But yeah, he was was also a bit of like, you don't touch him, he's mine.
Speaker 4: Do you think there was a possibility that you were so pathetic that people.
Speaker 2: Didn't find it? My leading theory because I was very quiet, and so I was cooler after school, and I am I cooler than you.
Speaker 3: I was very quiet in school really until I was weird, like normal school and weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 3: I think my weirdness was actually pretty closeted back then.
Speaker 2: I talked about wrestling a lot of recess. Yeah, see, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't even talk even wrestling. I think I was born too attitude. AER for me was like sixth grade, so everybody was just into it. And after that I wasn't watching anymore. So, like you know, like I wasn't going around singing zippity dudesa in the high school hallways.
Speaker 2: Right, So Mike was a job. I was the nerd. Okay, wow, because man, that mustaye? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did either of you have letterman jackets?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Actually I think I did get I got a letter because of Marching band, So I had a letter, but I don't think I got the jacket, okay, Jesus.
Speaker 4: Uh for the Weirder eleven twelve, twenty twenty four, Poule, Yeah, Dan is winning forty five to six winning.
Speaker 2: There's been a bad year for you, to know. I've been on board.
Speaker 5: I've been seeing the sentiment later that I'm dumber and you're weirder, and I'm on board.
Speaker 2: With that sentiment.
Speaker 4: I think I think, didn't Kayla just say that to you? And now you're calling that a wide health sentiment. Many people are sharing this, Many people are people are saying I can't make a grilled cheese.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like I'll be like, I don't put beads in my britle. Might people be like, ah it? Dan will be like, oh is it?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: Milk cow pie? I wasn't say that they are equal. I didn't say they're eqal What you didn't say that?
Speaker 1: What were you didn't say cowpie? For folks that are confused, no, go back check the tape.
Speaker 2: I don't think I said that.
Speaker 1: Hey, we say this all the time. It's a good podcast voicemail dumb Truck. If you haven't listened in a couple of weeks, go listen to this last one. For sure, it ends on it ends on some notes. I'm not going to say high note, but it ends on a note.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a part where somebody talked about my beautiful dark eyes for a while, and.
Speaker 2: I like that beautiful Italian eye.
Speaker 5: I did, okay, people, I did think the utters were the ball's equivalent.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, it's the same thing as saying is in the milk cowpy.
Speaker 2: It's the exact same thing. I'm just saying. It's where like I screwed him would be something can be stupid and weird.
Speaker 1: Dan, have you seen the Pokemon milk tank?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Can you google that? And I just want to see your reaction of it. I feel like this is a trap milk.
Speaker 5: I don't want to google Pokemon make my algorithm a nerdy for sure?
Speaker 4: Okay, guy you pisoftis being sued for making The Crew unplayable basically two people in California. As soon I'm saying, hey, you made it seem like if I bought this game on this disc, I would have a game. But really, all I was getting is a key and a license that you could take away. And there is a rule in California now that the basically everyone that's just selling software like that it has to tell people you're.
Speaker 2: Just buying a license.
Speaker 4: But Ubisoft didn't say that because the rule or the regulation was not in effect at that time. So these people are suing Ubisoft saying hey, this is unfair and this could be a class action lawsuit. We'll see how it goes. But I mostly bring this up to point out like, what does this get us? This is not going to get us a future where Ubisoft suddenly keeps all their games online forever. Instead, it will just get us more warning labels on box art, so that'll be a fun future. Hideo Cojimus desk Randing is also available on Xbox now. That was a surprise release that happened in the last week. At simultaneously, the rights for the game reverted completely over to Kachma Productions. Parts of the trademark I P and and you know the copyright were owned by Sony up until that moment. Sony doesn't have any rights over that anymore, even if dess Stranding two is about to come out, so uh yeah, good, good for Kojama and I guess if you want to try out Death Strain on Xbox that is now possible, So have fun with that.
Speaker 1: That does it for the news. Keep scrolling down the multiple I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Grab smells that hurt my feelings. Okay, Ridge Racer blowout that's also here? That clicking sound you hear? I think I know what that's okay? Okay, these letters just keep getting bigger. Don k Kong hot Dog unnounced.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, yeah, this guy.
Speaker 2: I watched that direct.
Speaker 5: There was a direct last night about Donkey theres a.
Speaker 4: Nintendo direct for the Donkey Kong expansion at the Japanese Universal Studios that will also launch the Orlando Nintendo World when that opens twenty twenty five. One of the food options you get is a Donkey Kong hot dog.
Speaker 2: What does that say? Avocado cream? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was worried when they showed up the picture. I was like, Oh, what is that weird? Is that gonna be like a sour creem mayonnaise thing. No, as long it's gonna be banana prere or something, I'd be fine with that. But avocado, I'm totally okay with avocado. And it's got like little Dorito's in there too, which looks really good. Why either Darritas Donkey Kong like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 1: It looks like a two like King's Hawaiian roles that they just left together in the middle.
Speaker 2: Is that's exactly what's happening.
Speaker 3: And they imprinted them. They have like a tiki designed Do you think.
Speaker 2: Donkey Kong is a cool ranch or nacho cheese kind of guy? I think I think he's ranch. He respects nacho cheese.
Speaker 1: Here's my proposal for whoever is listening p r U Universal. I've eaten nine hot dogs for this website.
Speaker 2: I will after every single over is in the entire in one night.
Speaker 1: In one night and had nine out nine beers. I will do the same thing at your park and I'll bring bring these three and.
Speaker 2: We'll have a great time.
Speaker 3: I'll see how I can eat. Yeah, that's right. This whole park area looks amazing. I'm so excited, Jan, Jan, let me let me put on a producer hat here? Would you do that while repeatedly riding the Donkey Kong roller coaster five? Okay, you're going to really need special permission to be able to eat during the roller coast.
Speaker 2: Want to get on? Get on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly right. We have someone as the hot dog wrangler, right, we get off the ride, we get back in line, and I eat said hot dog as we wait, and we just do that nine.
Speaker 5: Times, or if we just like if it just doesn't stop, like if we could just have someone standing with the hot dog as we passed the passenger, just like just time it like a mini game like a mill.
Speaker 2: Listen, Jan, I.
Speaker 3: Know that some doctor told you that they didn't think eating the nine hot dogs and nine beers. Okay, yeah, I admit that this and it made me contribute to some owis Oh.
Speaker 5: Doctor Fuddy Duddy is really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is your doctor thug nomics art.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't we just got universal will have fun together. Yeah, we gotta get pick it up.
Speaker 3: It's a don't take that away from me.
Speaker 2: There's already a guy in a Donkey kock suit that looks good. I really think.
Speaker 5: I I when I watched that direct, I understood, like, oh I saw Donald Duck because I saw that Donkey Kong and was like, I want to meet that Donkey Kong.
Speaker 2: I get it. I want to meet that Donkey. Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 3: Moto specific was like, hey, this roll coasters even for you Whimpsey are afraid of roller coasters.
Speaker 2: I'm like, thank you, Shaggy. I can't wait. Uh.
Speaker 4: My favorite part was when he did like walk into one of the Q rooms and it was a mural of a bunch of gorillas worshiping a banana and he was just doing the worshiping thing to.
Speaker 2: It as well.
Speaker 5: It's just a very good image and Whalympics that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well there's gonna be a Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong power wristband things to get you one, just like in the normal Super Nintendo World.
Speaker 2: There's Pickman Easter Eggs. He saw museum you're heading around there.
Speaker 1: They should make a mini theme park that's Pickman size.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little circus, yeah great.
Speaker 5: They should make real Pickle the way they like brought dinosaurs back to life in Jurassic Park.
Speaker 2: They should figure out how to make like shoot Pickman. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If we're going to create a genetically modified like living what is it a not a hydra but a camdra? Yeah, Kimera, thank you from one of those things. The first one that we should make should be a Pickman.
Speaker 5: We need to make like a lot of pickmen. Yes, Like I should be able to buy like five hundred pickmen to live in my house.
Speaker 2: Island of Doctor Moreau. But just yeah, hey look doctor Moreau. So he's got some good ideas. All right, Well you just want an ant farm? If I can I just give you ants and said these were piment, would you.
Speaker 5: Accept they're not as fun as they don't come in like ice and fire farms and electric.
Speaker 1: Well, there's fire ants.
Speaker 4: There's like ten percent of our audience that has ever seen the Island of that whole movie a couple of years ago, and that is a trip is absolutely.
Speaker 2: I read Bell.
Speaker 5: Kilmer's autobiography and hearing about a Hem and Brando button Head sounded fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, god, well whoa that sounds a good time. This hot dog looks so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh it's Funk's gift shop too.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: I am going to be at Universal as well next week. And that's one where I like the Disney. We had like the planner help us and now I've got the genie thing in the app and I put a bunch of like recommendations and stuff like that, like, hey, we'll give you a rundown of the stuff. It's kind of like handling itself for the most part on a bunch of lightning Lanes stuff.
Speaker 2: What I got to do at Universal.
Speaker 4: Universal in California, Universe, No Universal in Orlando.
Speaker 2: Universal.
Speaker 3: There's just an up charge you can get for your ticket that gives you kind of permanent skip the line stuff And it's expensive, but got kind of may be worth it. I'm gonna do it, yeah, especially, Yeah, I think it's worth doing.
Speaker 2: It's so like if.
Speaker 4: If like we want to do like some of the like what they would we called that Disney is like the enchanting extras. If we want to do some of that stuff at Universal. Do I have to like book that ahead of time or can I book it that day?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 3: No, I think it's all just lines, like like getting a wand at Harry Potter. It's not something you book ahead of time. Okay, you just got to get in a line for it, and that thing will help you get through the line faster.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, I'm gonna go do that right after we're done.
Speaker 5: My favorite Universal Orlando memory was being there for WrestleMania and being in the King Kong Ride during a rain delay in the line and getting a call informing me that I'd be getting married at Taco Bell there you go, and then telling me to be quiet about it and not tell anyone. And I'm standing in the middle of a pack line with my friends and wanting to scream I'm getting married to the Taco Bell and not being.
Speaker 2: Able to yell about it. Yeah, it's incredible. Did you whisper it to King Kong's face? Oh he knew, he knew right away. Yeah, Jeff.
Speaker 3: So there's a Fast and the Furious ride that everybody hates but me. It's probably gonna be close soon. I would really appreciate it. If you went on it while you were there.
Speaker 2: I will take the kids on it. Absolutely good.
Speaker 1: All right, Wow, Jeff Creb, is there any more news?
Speaker 2: Uh? Jam, that's off of the news. This show's not back over to you. Wow. Wait what about Ridge Racer blow?
Speaker 4: And I said, Ridge Racer Blow. It's written down there. It doesn't mean anything. Those are just three words.
Speaker 2: It means everything to.
Speaker 1: Me, and it means everything to me that we take a quick pricky break and we will read your emails right after this. Hot Dogs, hot dogs, good food. The taco truck near my apartment start selling hot links, and I'm very tempted to investigate and see what that's all about. You're going to put it in like a bun or a tortilla.
Speaker 2: Hot a hot dog burrito.
Speaker 4: I have eaten hot dog burritos when I run out of bread and all I have our tortilla.
Speaker 2: Hot dog and fries and a burrito that could be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm meal prepped to it, but they're open. I might anyway.
Speaker 5: I read a SOUVD and I was thinking, grab you know that casey Jo's barbecue we get shipped. It's already in a vacuum sealed thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be a good way to do it. Yes, hey, if you so some of that by way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will order mine and yours at the same time here, probably before I leave for Disney.
Speaker 2: Mmm, I'm happy real quick. Who did this?
Speaker 4: Would you eat a pickman? Thirty five said yes, twenty two said.
Speaker 1: No, I would not.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: No, I'll eat trip all day.
Speaker 5: They have too much person to be like, I'm not gonna eat a dog, you know right, I'm not gonna eat a pickman.
Speaker 4: There was a Twilight Zone rip off that did an episode about like a weight loss method, and it was like you put on these glasses and you can hear the food like begging you.
Speaker 2: Not to eat it. Odd, And that's kind of what I imagine am eating a panta would like.
Speaker 3: Dann, You probably spent much time with cows if you discover that they actually have quite a quite a bit of personality.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whenever I think about what meat is, I do think like, oh, yeah, that's kind of fucked up.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I am like so ready for a lab create lab grown meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love all that beyond meat, impossible meat, all that shit. That's a benefit of like not being able to tell the difference between stuff is like, I'll eat beyond.
Speaker 2: It's just as good as a normal burger for me.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, three D print me a steak.
Speaker 2: I'll do it like it's start trek right.
Speaker 1: BombCast a giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails. To send emails about virtually any and everything you want to avoid an awkward social interaction. You want to be staring at your phone while your date goes to the restroom, or you want to laugh and remark about like my friend won't stop texting me. Go email the BombCast email address.
Speaker 2: First, you always say that I.
Speaker 4: Did do that a couple of times email the BombCast email when I was just like looking for something to do or to avoid something.
Speaker 2: So this is a real thing. It's a real thing, y'all.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's what. That's the service we provide here. Not only do we blast your ear holes with our fantastic takes and our warm voices, but we also give you it an out at a social gathering. Parallel timelines Harold's writes in Hello, question for cool bomb crew, what small thing you'd like to check out? In a parallel timeline Slash univer if it would be a shoot thing like a timeline where every Disney Star Wars project would be and or quality, or a universe where we suddenly discover quantum teleportation in twenty twenty five, energy would pretty much be free in humanity. You could start pushing space travel for real. Anyway, wish you well, best regards, Heralds.
Speaker 5: I'd like to see a world where car combat became like a dominant genre and like twist and metal, like had the cachet of like a oh, just as a game, not.
Speaker 2: As like a real shoot sport.
Speaker 5: Death Race two thousand that'd be kind of fun too, that was a real sport.
Speaker 2: I'd go to theirs. But people die in death Race, yeah, and you get points view run over pedestrians. I wouldn't sign off people die in shoot racing, so it's true. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I wouldn't like that part.
Speaker 5: I would like to see the state of car combat today, if you know, we have like pubg's of like really good car.
Speaker 2: Combat and stuff.
Speaker 5: I've wanted a good PUBG car combat game forever and I've not seen it yet, but bring it back.
Speaker 2: I just want to be in the world where National Treasure three was made.
Speaker 1: I never checked out that any Plus series was that. Okay at all?
Speaker 2: No I did. Okay, no one did. That cage isn't in it.
Speaker 1: That's true. You need the you need Nick and you.
Speaker 2: Need the cage. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I want to be an alternate universe where John Adams did convince everyone to call the President your Highness, because I think I'd be weird hit the president was called your Highness.
Speaker 2: That'd be a weird, weird place to live.
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, Next email comes from Jeff and they have they're asking for advice. Hey, bombers, what is the best best method for reheating McDonald's French fries. I tried microwaven, microwaving oven, mini oven, and refrying them in a pan, but it's never the same. Please share any tips, including set temperature and or duration for your preferred method. Thanks, Jeff, Toronto, Ontario, sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Speaker 5: I'm an authority on this. I have been trying to reheat McDonald's French fries my entire life, and I gave up very early on in life because you know your microwave oven, it's not ever the same air fryer is the closest to decent. Ever, it's not the same. It's not it's not great, but it is decent. It is good enough to where I will save fries now because it's worth reheating those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it's.
Speaker 4: Good enough to like I will feed it to my children and not feel like I'm doing something bad.
Speaker 3: Sure, how is anybody possibly having leftover McDonald's.
Speaker 5: It only happens if you're ordered too much, Like it's like, you know, we got four fries for two people or something like, I'm definitely eating all the fries every time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, have you ever met a five or seven year old girl?
Speaker 4: They just like, well, like I'm so hungry, I'm starving, and you get them like the regular amount of food and they're like, I had two bites and now I'm stuffed, and I'm I'm not wasting this. You're gonna eat this shit tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It is strange with the cause I see it in the East nephews all the time and just how little they eat, And I'm like, don't you need more food than anybody? You're like is doubling in sized constantly. Aren't you just ravenously hungry at all? Times, and like you give them their attends and cheeseburgers, and though they take like two bites and be like this is gres, it's both.
Speaker 4: They're constantly full and they're constantly starving. It's like as soon as they get home from school, they will not have eaten their lunch, but they will immediately ask me to make them all kinds of different foods, ramen, noodles, all this other stuff. They just want everything constantly, and then when they sit down to eat it, they'll have a couple of bites and then it's done. Feeding children is the most frustrating part of having kids, for sure.
Speaker 1: Emailer, I want to suggest to you something I did when I got a little too zuited one night and had an abundance of leftover fries. Yo, repurpose those fries. What about you turn those fries into mashed potatoes? Who well, if you turn those fries into yoki? What if you doant that? I may have gone too blasted and had a bunch of fries and was.
Speaker 2: Like, man, I got some tomato sauce on man yesterday. What if we just make yoki real quick? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, it's not a bad like make using fries as the base for Irish box dy.
Speaker 2: That would be really good. Okay, I might try that out. Truck can't do that thing.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 3: I think it is a shared memory everybody has, like the one time they tried just microwaving McDonald's French fried and.
Speaker 5: Just what happened. It's like, oh was this ever food? What nuggets? Even like you can you can salvage a burger. Taco Bell is the most reheatable fast food. It's crazy even like like I air fried Taco Bell like crazy now because definitely the best way.
Speaker 2: But microwave is pretty good. Still.
Speaker 4: You probably you probably order without like lettuce, but I was gonna say, oh yeah, yeah because it's very not microwaveable and it has all the vegetables.
Speaker 5: Or if I'm going to get like a bunch of taco bell and like one of them is a cheesy Guardia crunch with lettuce in it, because I actually don't most stuff I order doesn't have lettuce anyway. But I'll get a grdiaa crunch, and I know that's going to get soggy and stuff, so I'll eat that first because like and I'll save like the Qesadia for last, because that's going to air fry and.
Speaker 2: Be better than ever, you know, right, totally.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm just like more tolerant of it or I'm just getting lazy, but I will eat a lot of my food just cold out of the fridge.
Speaker 2: Now I don't care anymore. Yeah, sure, I even taco bell sometimes. I've never done that. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I like a cold regular burrito, you know, like a day old.
Speaker 2: Burrito, pizza, for sure? Is you know that's good cold? Sure, steff is cold.
Speaker 4: Stuff's not gonna be here for dinner tonight. She's gonna be driving back from Canton. Uh WHI garbage food? Should I get from me?
Speaker 2: And the kids?
Speaker 5: Get a couple of my Domino's order, I would like that. Get a bucket of fried chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of chicken, Arbi, get Arby's.
Speaker 3: Get a bunch of extra roast beef because those sandwiches are actually very good cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that fridge. It is a good snack.
Speaker 1: You gotta Popeyes near your grub.
Speaker 2: Get a Tuesday special. I wish I got.
Speaker 5: A new Golden barbecue, the new chicken sandwich. That's good as hell.
Speaker 4: But when the pandemic started and everyone was getting or was ordering their food to be delivered with door dash. There was that warning like, don't get French fries, They're gonna be ba by the time they get to your house. I think like Windy specifically re re like formulated their French fries to survive the drive of the house, and that's why they're crispier. But I don't know, Like a lot of times it feels like that's there's like this layer of film on it. That is why I still prefer McDonald's, Like you want the ephemeral nature of fries to be there, that's what makes them good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, brother, Yeah, I've still.
Speaker 2: We just been eating that mister mime cheese. Oh I don't like that sense. Yeah, where is mister mimes utters? No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from. I didn't write it down. Hello, bombshells. I've been thinking about getting a Pickman tattoo. My favorite Pickman is the yellow one, but the rock Pickman is pretty good. My significant other has endorsed the idea of a yellow Pickman tattoo above my ankle. This way he can follow me everywhere, just like he does in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: Also, he'd be following me against his will, just like he does in the game. I'm wondering what are the chances there will be a Typeflosian style cancelation of the yellow Pickman or Pickman in general, or anything other other fictional creature I may hold dear to my heart, thank you for keeping us happy. Guys all love.
Speaker 2: Do I want to ask what is no, you don't Pokemon Pokemon.
Speaker 4: That turned a teenage woman into wait no, he turned into a human to trick a teenage woman into having sex and marrying him.
Speaker 3: Now, so it was just something that was written down in a document at the Pokemon company, and then when that league happened, somebody found It's not like did the Pukema company ever willingly got that info out?
Speaker 2: There was like, this is official story stuff.
Speaker 4: And also it's it's based on folklore in the same way a lot of other like fucked up things are based on folk Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Zeus was a pervert.
Speaker 5: Oh you do.
Speaker 2: Animals and then fu people. Yeah, they then have babies and then like cheat on hair and kill people. Yeah, Zeus is weird. Thought there was lightning ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, more way more than that. They don't include those powers in hades.
Speaker 4: I think the yellow Pickman is like a for Ringy and it's super into ear stuff.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, la late.
Speaker 2: Wait, look, I appreciate for Rangy more than most people. How did you start taking high school too? I know? Wait, for Fringy are super into ear stuff? Don't they love having their ears? They do?
Speaker 5: They?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like yes when they it's uh sexual when people touch their.
Speaker 4: Ear on the Pickman side of things. Yeah, yeah, that's the big ears because they do have ears. They have bigger ears than than most.
Speaker 2: You have the piman right there. You could show us. Oh ship, look at that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, myself have the big dumb face.
Speaker 2: Oh man rush more of presidents listeners. It's it's tied to his microphone.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's other than my microphone. I think it's literally the object that is closest to me in the world right now, like proximity wise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you look at this fucker.
Speaker 3: None of us have None of us have video game tattoos of any tattoos.
Speaker 1: I don't have any tattoos anymore.
Speaker 4: Wait, okay, yeah or not? Some do any of us have any tattoos. I'm not a tattoo guy. Just like I'm not a CTE guy.
Speaker 2: Kayla had that Skyrim tattoos.
Speaker 5: Cayla got a Skirm tattoo before she played the game, was confident she was gonna like that, and now she's got a big dragon rush thing on her arm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like the game she's played the most, right, Oh, Skyrim, she's played the shit out of Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right. Next email comes from Ragnor in Norway. Hello, uh the email and ask hey, Bombers, what is the best game that you never finished and why didn't you finish it?
Speaker 2: Wish is Ragnar from Norway.
Speaker 5: It's funny, Mike said earlier, and one of the only GTAs you beat. I realized as big of a game it was, and as much as I played it, I don't know if I.
Speaker 2: Ever beat GTA three.
Speaker 5: I think I played these shit out of it, but I don't remember, like I maybe got into that, like Third Island, I don't know if I ever beat it.
Speaker 2: That's a game that, like man, I did a lot of bullshitting around in Oh yeah, Constant.
Speaker 5: My favorite was you'd kill that one guy that was walking down the university area and he was carrying a spiral notebook and if you zoom in on it on with your sniper rifle.
Speaker 2: He was drawing a spurting penis. I thought that was there, so I served clearly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I thought I saw that there was an update to the console PC versions.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, like Tilters that were in like the mobile version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I did, like, I was like looking forward to those remasters because I was like, I haven't really played a ton of these games. I played them when they came out when everyone was freaking out. I'd like to go and beat them. But then everybody hated the remasters and seemed like they did a bad job. So they're in a decent place now. I might like to try the advice.
Speaker 2: I would love to go back to Vice City. Yeah, vibe really good vibes like Vibe City.
Speaker 3: I try so hard to finish the games I play anymore. Honestly, if I like, if I like a game at least a bit, I usually do want to beat it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there are.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm sure there must be some example somewhere of a game that I was enjoying and then.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, Tales of a Rise. Actually I was really liking.
Speaker 3: And uh, it had like a very strong kind of midpoint thing and happened, like, oh, that's neat, but this is a good place where I can maybe take a break for a bit because some other things came out and maybe I want to a case or something, and I just never got back to it.
Speaker 2: And I feel bad about that because I was really liking Tales of Ares.
Speaker 1: First one that comes to mind for me is seki Row just because it was tied to a feature on the website that just stopped doing because I ran out of time. I don't want to go back to it, kind of want to go back to it.
Speaker 5: I feel like both the Final Fantasy seven remakes, I like really enjoyed, and then they just kept going and going and going, and then I stopped, like five hours from the end on both of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we mentioned it earlier, Baba, as you at, I'm like, man, yeah, I should go back.
Speaker 2: And finish that. I really like that game. It just made me feel so stupid at a certain point.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, last two emails of the show. Second and last one is Grocery Gossip. What are some stigma surrounding grocery stores in your area? The Seattle area trader Jos is notorious for how god awful it is to park at. Is it the same for TJ's in the rest of America or is it just the West Coast phenomenon. Do the Aldi's and Sam's Clubs of the country we also have quirks.
Speaker 3: Well, Aldi's famous for you know, you have to get the quarter to get your shopping car. You got to pay for the bags and everything like that. My Aldi, I think, I think I talked about before. The building one like half a mile away from me, and it is coming up fast.
Speaker 2: It's opening next month. Very excited for them.
Speaker 4: Well, is it just flies in the face of Reker grocery st grocery mart wisdom.
Speaker 2: They don't pay for a grocery cart.
Speaker 5: But I'm not carrying around a bunch of fucking quarters just so I can hold my groceries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. Yeah, I like it in theory because it's.
Speaker 4: Like I am a fan of like economic incentives to do things. It's like, yeah, if you want someone to do something, put a little money on the line, and then I never have a quarter, so I can never partake in that. So I go to Aldi and I'm holding a bunch of loose items in my arms like an asshole, And.
Speaker 5: That's you know what the best feeling in the world was was after I spent many years and in San Francisco and New York City, places where I didn't have a car, and so it was like, okay, you have to basically I'm doing Amazon Fresh or Instacart, or I'm walking to a store that doesn't have a great selection and just buying what I can carry back. And it's just like after growing up with the Midwest where it's just big parking lots, you drive a car, you fill up a trunk, a big space, just like and then I was gone for a long time, coming back to the Midwest and having a car and just loading up a car and driving at home, it's just it is such a little thing that you take for granted when you live in the Midwest, but god, after like New York and San Francisco, it's just the biggest luxury.
Speaker 3: See, I've had it my whole life. I never made the move to a city, and I think it's too late for me now. I don't think I could possibly adjust.
Speaker 5: Mike, you goes Hollywood, that's the alternate parallel universe.
Speaker 2: I want to see Hollywood the grocery.
Speaker 4: Quirk in my area is that apparently, in like the seventies or eighties, I don't know the timeline, they tried to unionize grocery workers in northeast Ohio, and so Kroger left and never came back, and so it's like this weird pocket where there is no Kroger or Kroger owns that's interesting grocery store in any so, so we actually what we have are a bunch of little like weird grocery stores, like a place called Apples, and these ones that look like they are from the seventies and never updated because they didn't have the big mega conglomerate corporation forcing them to either out of business or to update.
Speaker 5: I think I saw in Apples. Wasn't that in the same parking lot as the Minati liquor store?
Speaker 2: Uh you? That was a Marx Marx. That's a Marx marxis Marxist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark, little bit of Mark Mars has that kind of I remember they opened a Marx here, and they opened it and they used this weird piss yellow paint everywhere, and I'm like, wow, this brand new grocery store looks like it's fifty years old and is covered in smokers store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of like it.
Speaker 4: I go in and I'm like, I feel like I am in a completely different universe. I want to be in the universe where there is no Kroger.
Speaker 2: I live you.
Speaker 4: Uh you have Giant Eagles, Yes, Johnny Goes like the bigger chain, and then we have this.
Speaker 2: They're unionized. I know that, yes, yeah, And like.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of places like that are still here. Did actually end up doing that and a lot of Krogers now are unionized.
Speaker 2: When I worked at Kroger as a kid, like a fourteen year old.
Speaker 4: I was in a union. So I don't know why they don't just come back. But maybe they're like, we're not going to invest in that.
Speaker 2: They don't need them.
Speaker 3: Now we have Giant Eagle and uh, we have ruly brothers here. That's the Italian groceries.
Speaker 2: Literally like a week ago.
Speaker 4: Stuff's like, I miss Kroger. I hate Giant Eagle.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wow, wow, I don't. I don't have that strong opinions on it. I just go to people.
Speaker 3: Do people do have strong opinion about Giant Eagle because it's one of those few perk grocery stores right, so like, oh you get few perks at our gas stations, but of course they do that because everything's a little bit more expensive, so you're not really saving anything and make you go through steps. I still go to the Giant Eagle constantly because it is very close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all. You might change it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a place called by right. Yeah we have drug marts. Truck is asking drug drug marts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a bunch of banding because all the Right aid's closed, so some of the drug marts are coming in to the old Right Aid territories.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Apparently Dollar General is the thing putting a lot of those pharmacies.
Speaker 5: I'm certain they were in Oklahoma. They were a lot of like grocery stores like d G Foods or something. Dollar General. We have cub Foods here. That's the big one here, no question for y'all.
Speaker 1: When you when you go grocery shopping, you you got to make multiple stops at different stores. You try and hit everything in the one everything I want.
Speaker 4: That's that is why I usually end up either going to Meyer or Giant Eagles, so I can just do it all in one.
Speaker 1: Why do you have to well, because like it's there's a really weird not turf war, but supply war here in the Bay Area. Gang war, right, Sharks and Jets, Yes, yes, Sharks Jets, and then maybe four other gangs when it comes to like the Asian grocery stores, Like there's a lot of loyalty over here. Sometimes I can't get everything I need at one that I got to go to another one.
Speaker 4: Uh interesting, Yes, yes, there's a there's a a shortage.
Speaker 1: This is only going to appeal to me and maybe a baby's handful of people in the audience. There's a shortage of fermented shrimp paste in they Why so I've been trying to go to every Asian grocery store in the area trying to find my fermented shrimp paste, and lo and behold, I'll always know where to find it because there will be like five six other Filipino people looking sad and dejected, arguing about like what.
Speaker 2: The fuck, why are we out?
Speaker 1: God damn it, and people trying to sell. This happened to me. I went to the East Bay, which is ways away from me, to look for some shrimp paste and hand.
Speaker 2: Them in a trunk.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was someone with a sign an old uncle missing teeth, chain smoking.
Speaker 2: Going like, hey, all right, shrimp pasted.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, this man is yelling at me.
Speaker 2: It's not the color that I want.
Speaker 4: But okay, jan, if you have a fermented shrimp paste in your home right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, because I had to go through great lengths to find it.
Speaker 4: If if you make something, can I request can I do with some content begging and say, hey, would you make another one of those videos you made of you making food with the shrimp paste because I want to see what.
Speaker 1: That whole process with. Okay, all right, this is Mikey. This is the main usage for me is going to freak you out, all right, And I just want to give you a shrimp apple pie not far off from the truth. Oh yeah, we will take the shrimp paste and it's fermented shrimp past so it's been cooked with onions, garlic and tomates, and we will dip green mango into it.
Speaker 3: Had me with that weird paste thing and the dip sounded fine. They had to go and ruin it with a fruit.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Wow, you're so hateful, Mike. My god.
Speaker 1: Also, there's like a war brewing here of like I got into a cookie war. A couple of years ago because I I was buying all of the Uh, fuck up some girl scouts. No no, no, no, no no. I fucked up two Instagram businesses, is what I did. I No, there's no way this gets back to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's fine.
Speaker 1: No, no, never mind. I bought too much to call your lawyer first, or I bought too much of an essential ingredient that this local cookie baker seller started sub tweeting me and sub posting me on Instagram. Uh. And the thing was they were saying I was ruining their livelihood when I was just baking cookies for friends. So fuck off anyway. Last email comes from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Can du They write in about the Giant Bomb Bloodline. Hello Bombers, longtime GB and wrestling fan. Which GB crew pass or present? Would you match up to a blood Light Bloodline member? These are my pairings pre nine nine nine hot Dog hot Dog Jan Jay us So Post nine nine nine hot Dog jan otc Roman Reigns finger up, one finger up of Mochi. Thank you, Tam Jimmy you So Bacalar, Paul Hayman, Grubbs, Tamatonga Minati Samy's aaying I see it, Bailey, Jacob Fatu.
Speaker 2: Maria Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fucking terrifying. Yeah, Patreon dot Cop slashed Mars And finally Dan tongaloa, oh, come on, best match up to Solo, the final Boss and the head of the table Roman and yes, Roman and Jan are too powerful and had to be split up. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Speaker 2: I'm at least solo. I would say your solo, thank you, thank you? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Dan? Did you also immediately start thinking of wrestling just because this guy's from Winnipeg.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm from Winnipeg. Of course, I can hear Winnipeg most Canadian cities. I just associate with wrestling Calgary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the next thing after wrestling you think about when you hear Winnipeg?
Speaker 5: Now, Literally, the only thing I equated to is I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot. There's not a single other thing that I associated like.
Speaker 2: The Winnipeg Jets.
Speaker 5: That why when Jericho and Omega had the tag team, they were the Golden Jets.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, probably, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm gonna Winnipeg Jets went away for a while, They're they're back now and they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: High.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of them. No, yes, okay, I only know. Yeah, it's just the Hearts.
Speaker 4: So you don't know the Calgary hockey team?
Speaker 2: No, is that the Hitman? I can't name a hockey team? Oh?
Speaker 5: Really, well the black Hawks because I know Punk never shuts up about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, Are the Mighty Ducks still a thing? They're just called the Ducks? Okay? Yeah? Do you know Pittsburgh's Is that Penguins? Yes, I because I email them. I email them because.
Speaker 5: When I was doing my ranking of Mario's stream and Mario and Dretti, No, Mario Lemieux is going to I was gonna rank one of those games. I was trying to get Mario Lemieux to do a video, so I had to email like the Pittsburgh Penguins front office or something.
Speaker 2: So that's why I know that he works in the front office. Ye's not a bad idea.
Speaker 4: You see what you never saw the Jean Claude van Dam sudden death.
Speaker 2: I know I really wanted to see sudden deaths, but no.
Speaker 4: This is pretty good. Yeah, that's a pretty good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to see that. Who are supposed to be casting here? This has the bloodline.
Speaker 4: Now it's like, who would best match up to solo the final boss and the head.
Speaker 1: We could re arrange this, I think Uh, I think Grub is a jay Uso.
Speaker 2: Sure, I want to stay samby Zame please yeah yeah yeah, but you're done.
Speaker 1: Got a beard. I still maintained that, uh, Turbo Shaan is the dirty dom.
Speaker 2: M hm oh definitely judgments good yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh who would Nikki be? Nikki is such a wild card m m yeah mm.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah that's really good. Yeah, I could see that. I could see that.
Speaker 1: Oh right, everybody that does it for emails. BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails to. Uh, we should make the Giant Bomb family tree, because I feel like that'd be stupid and funny.
Speaker 2: Oh, just use the Rocks Take a Look thing and it's just us.
Speaker 1: None of them are actually connected because no one is related all in Blake Club gimmicks.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do have a green screen version of the Rocks Take a Look Thing.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect, fantastic, fantastic, gentlemen, what do we learn today? We learned that it turns out using a mouse and keyboard to control shooters actually pretty Okay, we learned that there may be some fake Warrior fans among us and but fire stations. Hey, you're tired of your gimmicks, it's a good way out. We also learned that we're not afraid of dying, but we're a little bit conflicted about the existence of souls.
Speaker 2: And hey, special announcement, Taco.
Speaker 1: Bell Nuggets are coming December nineteenth. This is free pr for them. And also that Taco Bell may be the most reheatable fast food out there. And we also learned that inside all of us, just like at Nintendo Land or Super Nintendo Lands, Nintendo World, whatever they're going to choose to call it, there is a special little hot dog right inside all of us. Boys, what do we got going on this week? It's a shorter week. Yeah, and we're gonna plan it starting tomorrow. Oh boy, yeah, yeah, we play clubbing tomorrow. I would love to. That would be great. We're gonna try to. We will learn to see based on Lucy James's availability. But if there's no Blight Club, there will be a d light club something grub game mess for the rest of the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, even on Friday, where I might dip out after that to make sure I'm ready for my trip. Yes, game, last mornings on Friday, Thursday, and Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Voicemail, dump truck probably on Thursday.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, I'll be out Friday. I got some more. Yeah, who's coming to town and I'm gonna be a hosting so but yeah, I'll be up Friday.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll figure out what Friday looks like as well. Maybe Mike and I will just longingly stare at each other and talk about Kingdom hearts. That'd be fine, that'd be fun.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun. Maybe I'll try to beat metaphors of me. You can have our own spoiler cast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's do that. I'd love that. Let's do that. And what else we're gonna do is we are going to end the show. Thank you everyone for listening to the Giant BombCast. It's been a great show. It's been a great episode for everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: I've been jan he's been grubbing, he's been Mike, he's been dead, And you at home have been looking particularly great. Your skin is glowing, your shoulders look very strong.
Speaker 2: Look at those strong arms. Go bundle up. We love you, good bye, do it and don't understand that typing cont