Speaker 1: Is Michael garfil Michael Garfield. Michael Garfields joining in the High Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans to make life easier, new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add now your high Tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well, Happy post Father's Day to everybody out there who's celebrated. And it is officially the first day or two of summer. Welcome to Texas Freaking News. It's hot, it's Africa hot, It's Texas hot. I'm gonna keep you cool here for the next two hours. We always have fun. If you are a longtime listener of the High Tech Texan Show, I guarantee you we will talk just more, a lot more than just about technology. We ain't gonna geek things out. I'm not gonna tell you how to fix your computer, because I don't care how to fix your computer. I'm gonna tell you if you want to buy a new computer, I can actually tell you that I ash you and you could tell you what type of phone you want and maybe what type of phone you want to stay away from. Uh oh is that a segue into talking about Trump Mobile? Oh? Yes, I'm going to get to that. If you are interested in a new cell phone, here's another deal that I don't know if slim shady, if it's worth going, but I will really break it down of howie the Trump family is able to offer it's own cell service because they have such an unbelievable, long, lengthy background in offering mobile service. But I'm not stopping there. I am going to tell you how to stop trackers from collecting your health data. I'm gonna give you a review of a robot lawnmower. People, I grew up in Texas. I grew up in the heat, and I grew up mowing lawns because if you were a kid, if you're a boy who grew up in Texas, that's what you do. And from the ripe old tender age of I mean, I may have been ten, eleven, twelve years old, I was mowing lawns. I was mowing my parents lawn in Dallas, my grandparents lawn in Dallas. I'd go to Austin to see another set of grandparents. I did that. I've had two to three homes in my adult life when I had kids, and I still move my lawn. All I need to tell you is this, where the hell was this robotic lawnmower when I was growing up. I'll tell you if it's worth the price, and is it even worth the ha ache of you getting it up and seeing if it works. Those are just a few of the things that I talk about. I test, I give you my opinion so you don't have to. Also the famous weekly What's Michael Driving this week? I have been in not one but two cars for the entire week where I test drive and I will give you my thoughts ononovich is the Nissan Frontier Pro four x. It is a mid sized truck, a mid size truck. If you listen to me, you know I am a fan of mid sized trucks. They are very easy to maneuver, They're easy to park. I don't schlep a lot of things like I need a quarter or a half ton or anything. Nope, I actually like this. I will yap about that. And also the Honda Passport. I don't actually get a lot of Hondas, and I will tell you if this little suv, a small suv, is worth its weight and what you want to pay for. Now I have set up everything. Not much else to talk about in the world of sports, because pretty much the NBA season zo over, the NHL seed, this is over. Football doesn't start for another I don't know about eighty one days. Not niggas baseball.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 3: All you got is you and meet people. That's all you got. All right, let's roll. Let me give you the phone number here if you want to get in three four six twenty nine Techan three four six two nine eight three nine two six last I checked it as an interactive radio program, which, oh by the way, is podcasted on iHeartRadio. Thank you to callum. Read over here. He is behind the glass ache out. Once I finish, he will put that on the iHeartRadio and then you can listen to this at your heart's content. Anything else we need to talk about, you can follow me at High Tech Texan HI g h T e h T e x A n spelled the whole thing out. It is online on web. You can find that same on x You can find it on Instagram and Facebook. If I haven't blocked you, and let me help you out. I have blocked a few people and you know who you are, so sucks for you, even though I'm sure you've probably went to some of your friends account to see who I'm going out with, or what I'm testing or where I am at. But it's my life. You didn't want it. I'm just rolling here on the radio as I have for twenty three years. I actually am going to start with a little politics. And I don't talk about politics people, but I'm sorry, but so many things involved in technology has a political bent, mostly because of tariffs, mostly because of I don't know, hope people wanting to get into the mobile industry. But let's talk about TikTok. TikTok. Guess what. The clock has turned back once again. Your president has extended for the third time, TikTok's ban in the USA deadline by another day's promises, promises, promises, unkept, unkept, unkept. Trump has extended the deadline for TikTok's parent company, which is you know it is China based Bite Dance, in order to sell the app to an American owner. It went down for about forty hours in January. People freaked out. I didn't freak out. Because I don't have TikTok. Then March April comes a long Let's give it another ninety days and guess what, it's still there. Sign it an executive of order granting a third extension. Now this goes to September seventeenth. Does no one want to buy this? Is it too expensive? Or does anybody care? I mean, I want to be respectful because people do make a living off of TikTok. My son, my youngest son, is a very very big TikTok influencer, and I know he's not too happy if for some reason he shuts down. TikTok is one hundred and seventy million users in the US alone, and a support for a band has actually slowly declined. Why well, because then they think it's a Chinese based on and they're stealing all their information. Listen, I'm not going to get into it whether it should be banned, whether it should not be banned, because most every technology item, most every app that we have is from outside the United States. When I went to China last April, and I spent some time in Shin's In, which is the Silicon Valley of China, and I met all these companies, and I actually saw and realized how they can make things quicker, how they can make things cheaper versus the United States. Do they actually take the information and steel? I don't know. The thing is, I don't have really anything to hide. If the United States, for all I know, they may actually have been taking a lot of my data, and I'm sure a lot of it. Are they know where I am? My cell phone carrier knows where I am because I have a GPS, because I use Google Maps, they have to know where I am in a given point. Do I care that they know that I go to HB eighteen times a week. I don't know, dude. I hope they're proud of the fact that I actually, you know, go to the gym a dozen times a week, and I hope they track how much I run as they train for marathons. I'm not hiding any secrets, people. The only the worst thing that's gonna happen to me, I think I'm gonna get served up a ton of advertisements for things that I like, which, by the way, we're about to do We're gonna take a break right now. Thank you for listening to these advertisements here on the iHeartRadio Network because this is a free radio show. Doesn't cost you jack. People. All you need to do is just spend four or five minutes listening to some of these wonder commercials, and I hope you buy from them. When we come back, talk a little bit more of TikTok, and I'm going to delve into this Trump mobile phone. I'll tell you why this family is getting into it, how easy it is to start your own cell phone company, and also something like, uh, well, these these phones really are going to be made the United States specifically because what I just mentioned about two minutes ago. My name is Michael. I'm not a hater. I'm a fact giver.
Speaker 4: All the troops right here on the High Tech Texan Show.
Speaker 3: You welcome, You're back to programming. The name is Michael Garfield. It is called the High Tech Textan Show, but we talked so much more about technology standby. I want to give a big shout out to the city of Dallas, Dallas Fort Worth. I was in Dallas last week and I actually got to listen to this show. My show on kfx R, which is eleven ninety am Talk radio five to seven pm on Saturdays in the after late afternoon also Sunday mornings from eleven in the morning to one. I don't ever listen to this show. I talk, I do the show, but because it's on in different times in Dallas and also San Antonio in Houston, the some we tape it and then we air it again. It sounds like live, and so I've never heard it. So I'm in Dallas visiting my parents for Father's Day. Happy late Father's Day people, and I'm rolling up and down Central Expressway Saturday, five point thirty six people o'clock PM. I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna tune into eleven ninety. I'm gonna actually hear a number one. I want to hear it actually airs, which it does, and it's really cool. I mean, Dallas is my hometown. I was raised in Dallas, my parents are in Dallas. I went to high school in Dallas. My buddies are in Dallas. And to be on the airways in Dallas, it's it's a thrill. It's a treat. And I'm moderored. So I'm listening in you know, a commercial plays and there's bump music, which sadly is not the bump music that I want. But last iHeart is so cheap. We have no money for actually licensed music, so we have to hear this crap music. And I apologize for that, and then I thought, Callum, you can help me out with this. I thought we had bumpers bumpers in the radio industry. Are you're listening to the High Tech Tection Show with Michael Garfield at eleven ninety am, Dallas. It reintroduces a show, So I really thought those aired every time we bump at the commercial, Callum, do we do? We not have that now? So I'm listening and all of a sudden, here's bump music and here's my voice, and I just start. I didn't introduce myself. I didn't say it's Michael Garfield again, thanks for kid. You know it's the third segment. I just started talking about content whatever I was talking about. And I'm thinking, if anybody's just tuning in, they have no clue who I am and what the show is. So until callum, somebody Brian Erickson, we get bumpers that says you're listening to the High Tech Tection Show with Michael Garfield. Every commercial, I'm going to reintroduce who I am. Hey, Gang, I'm Garfie nickname from Dallas White High School. Live in Houston now thirty years what's up, San Antonio? Love visiting? I'm here. I'm your guy. By the way, if you do want to call in, if it's not live, you still can call in because we have a voicemail. Then you can leave voicemails and we have a right to play it. Three four six two nine eight three nine two four six sorry three four six twenty nine texts in if you want to spell that out, use your cell phone. What cell phone service do you have? What cell phone service do you have? Well, there's the major network carriers AT and T jobless face by the way, who still don't even know who I am. Verizon familiar with those guys T Mobile that really don't have any Sprint anymore. Sprint was folded into to T Mobile. Those are our big three, But then we have tons of other ones, Boost Mobile, Mint Mobile, little things like this, and you're wondering how does that work? Long story short, I don't want to get into it, because if you're a long time listening you know how it works. Other than the big three who actually have built infrastructure, who have built cell towers, who actually sell you the data, the time, how long, how many minutes, whatever you want. They also lease some of their bandwidthout to small carriers, smaller carriers. Some of these carriers are actually owned by the big boys, they just rename them. I think Boost is part of Team Mobile whatever. There's also, for example, Exfinity. If you're in Houston and you have Exfinity Cable, you probably get things in the mail. You probably see the commercials for Exfinity Mobile. Well, Exfinity is a is a very large, one of the largest, the largest cable internet company in the country. Let me help you out. They don't do anything really directly with cell phones, but oh, by the way, they market some phone service for Expinity Mobile. What they do and what anothers do is they lease time. They lease space of bandwidth on a T and T Verizon and T Mobile. What these organizations are called are m v n o's okay, which is a pretty much a mobile virtual network operator. It's a virtual network operator. Anybody who's anybody who's got marketing money can create and start and mv n oh, I swear and I've thought about this. I probably could have and I maybe should have because I have I'm very honored to have such a nice, long, large audience across the country. I could create a high tech Texan mobile company htt Mobile, that's right, and I could charge anything I want. What I would do, I would just lease airtime least bandwidth time from one of the biggies. That's what Expinity does. That's what Ryan Reynolds does. Ryan Reynolds, who created if founded mint Mobile. All right, well, guess who did it recently. That's right, You're President of the United States. His family Trump Mobile. That's where we're going. It took me a while to get here. Trump Mobile coming out with its own smartphone and its own service. One of Trump's kids, the Trump Organizations, they just announced a smartphone that allegedly is going to be made in the United States. It's going to be called Trump Mobile, and they're going to have a plan that is going to be forty seven dollars in forty five cents a month. I like the marketing because Trump was is the forty seventh in the forty fifth president of the United States. Nothing solid, just an announcement, just a press release. Anybody gonna do this. The guy to talk out of things. I'm here to give you my thoughts, my reviews, my recommendations on so many topics, from cars to phones, to fashion to bourbon.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm here, but I will tell you this. Stay away from my man. Nope, In case you missed it, This four hundred and ninety nine dollars Trump branded built the United States phone and ain't gonna be built in the United States. There is no way in the Lord's work that a phone can be made in the United States for five hundred dollars. DNA can barely make one for five hundred dollars, and after a little digging. Oh, by the way, it looks like a lot of people have figured out this six point eight inch phone with a fifty megapixel camera is likely going to be me China, or at least parts of it. It may be put together or sing old in America. Does that matter because all the phones you have used in your life have been made and manufactured not in our great country. And by the way, don't get me wrong, I love our country. I am so American. I believe red, white and blue and burnt orange. I am not dis in America. I love me some the United States. But the United States cannot build and manufacture many things as cheap and sometimes not as good as other countries. Conversely, our great country of America produces a ton of great things that blows other countries away. But when it comes to mobile phones, not gonna work. Phone is likely going to be produced by a Chinese device manufacturer, which is type of company that designs and manufactures products based on a specification in another firm. If Trump wanted a phone built in the United States, we would probably be paying two thousand to three thousand dollars for this thing. Phones need foreign components. This t ie Trump's organization phone is different. Now, I have no information, No one has information of what's revealed in particular components. But there are some components that are gonna be out there. I mean, the screens primarily are made by South Korea firms Samsung LG. They produce these phones, They produce screens, they produce the microchips. The processor probably gonna be from the Taiwanese firm called Media Tech, because Media Tech they produce so many of these qualcum chips that almost every phone out there. I'm just doing research for you, am I talking you out of it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But don't believe the hype of people. Now before we take a break, I'm gonna tease you this. How hard is it for somebody to come up with an mvno? Not that hard. I will tell you the history of them VNOs, who actually has hit it and become a millionaire without a billionaire, and why Trump wants to get in the game.
Speaker 5: This is the High Tech Textan Show, and I am like, wherever you.
Speaker 3: Are listening, whatever city you are trustly listening in, maybe you're listening on a podcast, and iHeartRadio. We welcome you back. This is the first hour of what's called the High Tech Texan Show. My name is Michael Garfield, Dallas boy now living in h Town, but I'm all over the great state of Texas, and I do thank you here. I'd love to hear from you if you don't want to call into our phone number because you're shot three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine eight three nine six. By the way, find me on most all of the social media platforms other than TikTok, which by the way, there's another ninety day stay before it's old high tech text and spell the whole thing out h I G H T eh T E X a m. We're in the middle of a discussion of Trump's announcement of his new mobile phone service. And yes, I don't delve into politics, but yes I delve into technology. Yes, mobile phones are technology. I've been reviewing phones ready much straight for twenty eight to twenty five years, actually more. If you want to go get back to my original bag phone. Anyone raise your hand. Who had a bag phone in nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: All right. I will tell you a story, maybe the second hour, of what I found in my garage, an entire treasure trove, dozens of old Garfield phones. Will I'll get to that about twenty or thirty minutes. But anyway, what is how can Trump all of a sudden dizzy competing with AT and T, T Mobile and Verizen. Not really. I will tell you how Donald Trump and Ryan Reynolds can easily sell your phone plans. And I'll start with the I'll start with I'm gonna bury the lead right now. You can blame Ryan Reynolds, the actor, the heart thrub Blake Lively's husband, Deadpool, whatever you want to call him. He is a celebrity, and now Trump is a celebrity too, with the announcement in the debut of Trump Mobiles a week. It seems like there's a hot new trend in celebrities selling things, not just tequila, it's phone service. It's Ryan Reynolds' fault. To be clear, None of these celebrities, none of these political figures, are building new cell networks from scratch. Like I explained last segment, they're launching a mobile virtual network operator and MVNO. These are companies that buy wireless service from the three big US carriers and they resell it. It's a business model that exists and has existed for decades. And for those of you in Texas, I'm gonna give you the best analogy. Who is your electricity provider? All right? If you're in Houston, for example, you may have one of a MIL, you may have NRG, you may have discount power, you may have the I mean, it goes on and on and on and on. Let me help you out. All these companies are are marketing companies who buy and measure electricity, wattage power from center point in Turkey. They're the marketing arm. That is what a mobile virtual network operator is. You're gonna be talking on AT and T you're gonna be talking on T Mobile, You're gonna be talking on Verizons network. But your bill is gonna come from Mint Mobile with Ryan Reynolds, or it could come from Trump Mobile, it could come from anybody else. That's easy explanation. You're welcome. It's a good arrangement business wise for the big carriers because they may have extra network capacity that generally would go unused. So pretty much they get a guaranteed return on their big expensive network investment. MVNO's they have been around for decades, but you're hearing a bottom more recently. All this additional capacity that five g's allowed. Five G it's allowed. It's compared to LTE, which was years ago. If you have a five G network available, you are going to have some capacity to run these and probably to sell some of the extra times. If you think about it, they're more attractive to customers. There's e SIM technology where you don't have to physically take that little, tiny, little tiny SIM card out of your phone or put it in your phone to start it. These SIM cards are virtual and you could just light up a phone number or switch a phone number automatically over the air. But there's Ryan Reynolds. You son of a gun. You you Ryan Reynolds. It was about six years ago. It was twenty nineteen. Let me tell you a story. He bought an ownership in a company called Mint Mobile, and it was an MV and O that was using the T Mobile network, and he became the spokesperson. Very clever ads. He is a very smart dude, just like he did with his gin. He actually owns an advertising marketing company. Very clever ads. It was a very smart pricing model, fifteen dollars a month, all you can eat, something like that. It won over a lot of people and it turned into a very lucative venture for Ryan Reynolds, who eventually sold the business to T Mobile itself something like one point three billion dollars. At that point, celebrities are like, yeah, let's get into it. Didn't I tell you? Like last week it was Jason Bateman and those three comedians Will Arnette. I think they launched their own SmartLess I think so. It's called they launched their own en V I O. I'm getting ticked. I didn't. I still haven't done mine yet. That's how we wound up living in the world with a president's family company sells wireless service. I don't think it's a scenario any of the founding fathers could have foreseen. It's a weird concept. The Trump organization is a branding operation, real estate, whatever it is. They license their name. Good for them, they're making some money. Great. Is there controversy, Sure you could say there is so one is there's a captive audience out there, and there's a marketing opportunity out there. I don't think this is a last time we're gonna hear from a public figure ready to sell us wireless service. And I guess we have Ryan Reynolds to thank for that. So that is how the Trump family, out of the blue, they decided, let's license our name and let's just make some money on a forty seven dollars forty five cent per month plan, which, by the way, let's talk about this. If your cell phone or your data plan is up or about to expire, I want you to do your research. And if you think that there is only AT and T, and there is only T Mobile, and there's only Verizon, there are more. There are many, many, many more companies that are cheaper. Look at Total Wireless. I talk about total Wireless, lot, Total wireless is an envn O, but it's horizon. It uses the rise of network, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper. There's all unique if you prepay. I think there's an all you can eat plan for as low as twenty five maybe forty dollars a month. There's stores that you can walk into. I actually used too Total wireless right now, but I could sweach at any time, certainly because my contract is coming up in about a month and I am going to look at the best deal. Yes, look at the small print. Some of them could throttle the service. It may not be five G at the highest at the most used time of the day in the late afternoons. But I'll tell you right, I've never had an issue right now with my Total Wireless. So for all your questions, feel free to come in use your m V and O service US your actually the big three service to call me three four, six, twenty nine texts. And that is how your president and his family are getting into the mobile cell phone business, which if it actually ever comes out with a phone, and if it debuts, I actually may be surprised. There's just a lot of backtracking coming out in Washington, DC, look at me trying to get political but not being political. One more segment this hour. Don't hang up. I have fun and I tell you like it is. I will ask you your questions, and I do have some questions on the email and also some callers here on the High Tech Textan Show. Wherever you are listening, whatever city you are, trust really listening in. Maybe you're listening on a podcast in iHeartRadio. We welcome you back. This is the first hour of what's called the High Tech Texan Show. My name is Michael Garfield, Dallas boy now living in h Town, but I'm all over the great state of Texas, and I do thank you here. I'd love to hear from you if you don't want to call into our phone number because you're shot three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine eight three nine. By the way, find me on most all of the social media platforms other than tik tok, which, by the way, there's another ninety day stay before it's sold. High Tech Text and spell the whole thing out high Tech t e X A M. We're in the middle of a discussion of Trump's announcement of his new mobile phone service and yes, I don't delve into politics, but yes I delve into technology. Yes, mobile phones are technology. I've been reviewing phones reready much straight for twenty eight to twenty five years, actually more. If you want to go get back to my original bag phone. Anyone raise your hand? Who had a bag phone in nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: All right, I will tell you a story, maybe the second hour, of what I found in my garage, an entire treasure trove, dozens of old Garfield phones. I will I'll get to that about twenty or thirty minutes. So, byway, what is how can Trump all of a sudden dizzy competing with AT and T T mobile and not really? I will tell you how Donald Trump and Ryan Reynolds can easily sell your phone plans. And I'll start with the I'll start with I'm gonna bury the lead right now. You can blame Ryan Reynolds, the actor, the heart throb, Blake Lively's husband, Deadpool, whatever you want to call him. He is a celebrity. And now Trump is a celebrity too. With the announcement in the debut of Trump Mobile this a week, it seems like there's a hot new trend in celebrities selling things, not just tequila. It's phone service. It's Ryan Reynolds's fault. To be clear, None of these celebrities, none of these political figures, are building new cell networks from scratch. Like I explained last segment, they're launching a mobile virtual network operator and VNO. These are companies that buy wireless service from the three big US carriers and they resell it. It's a business model that exists and has existed for decades. And for those of you in Texas, I'm gonna give you the best analogy. Who is your electricity provider? All right? If you're in Houston, for example, you may have one of AL, you may have NRG, you may have discount power, you may have the I mean, it goes on and on and on and on. Let me help you out. All these companies are are marketing companies who buy and measure electricity, wattage power from center Point in Turkey. They're the marketing are That is what a mobile virtual network operator is. You're gonna be talking on AT and T, You're gonna be talking on T Mobile, You're gonna be talking on Verizons network. But your bill is gonna come for Mint Mobile with Ryan Reynolds, or it could come from Trump Mobile, it could come from anybody else. That's easy explanation. You're welcome. It's a good arrangement business wise for the big carriers because they may have extra network capacity that generally would go unused. So pretty much they get a guaranteed return on their big expensive network investment. MVNO's they have been around for decades, but you're hearing a bottom more recently. All this additional capacity that five g's allowed. Five G it's allowed. It's compared to LTE, which was years ago. If you have a five G network available, you are going to have some capacity to run these and probably to sell some of the extra times. If you think about it, they're more attractive to customers. There's e SIM technology where you don't have to physically that little tiny, little tiny SIM card out of your phone or put it in your phone to start it. These SIM cards are virtual and you could just light up a phone number or switch a phone number automatically over the air. But there's Ryan Reynolds, You son of a gun. You you Ryan Reynolds. It was about six years ago. It was twenty nineteen. Let me tell you a story. He bought an ownership in a company called Mint Mobile, and it was an MV and O that was using the T Mobile network, and he became the spokesperson. Very clever ads. He is a very smart dude, just like he did with this gen He actually owns an advertising marketing company. Very clever ads. It was a very smart pricing model, fifteen dollars a month, all you can eat, something like that. It won over a lot of people, and it turned into a very lucative venture for Ryan Reynolds, who eventually sold the business to T Mobile itself something like one point three billion dollars. At that point, celebrities are like, yeah, let's get into it. Didn't I tell you? Like last week it was Jason Bateman and those three comedians Will Arnette. I think they launched their own SmartLess I think so it's called they launched their own envy O. I'm getting ticked I didn't. I still haven't done mine yet. That's how we wound up living in the world with a president's family company sells wireless service. I don't think it's a scenario any of the founding fathers could have foreseen. It's a weird concept. The Trump organization is a branding operation, real estate, whatever it is. They licensed their name. Good for them, they're making some money. Great. Is there controversy, Sure you could say there is. So one is there's a captive audience out there, and there's a marketing opportunity out there. I don't think this is a last time we're gonna hear from a public figure ready to sell US wireless service. And I guess we have Ryan Reynolds to thank for that. So that is how the Trump family, out of the blue, they decided, let's license our name and let's just make some money on a forty seven dollars forty five cent per month plan, which, by the way, let's talk about this. If your cell phone or your data plan is up or about to expire, I want you to do your research. And if you think that there is only AT and T and there is only T Mobile, and there's only Verizon, there are more. There are many, many, many more companies that are cheaper. Look at Total Wireless. I talk about Total Wireless lot. Total Wireless is an envn O, but it's Verizon. It uses the rise of network and it's a heck of a lot cheaper there's all unique if you prepay. I think there's an all you can eat plan for as low as twenty five maybe forty dollars a month. There's stores that you can walk into. I actually used too Total wireless right now, but I could sweach at any time, certainly because my contract is coming up in about a month and I am going to look at the best deal. Yes, look at the small print. Some of them could throttle the service. It may not be five G at the highest at the most used time of the day in the late afternoons. But I'll tell you right, I've never had an issue right now with my Total Wireless. So for all your questions, feel free to come in use your m V and O service US. You're actually the big three service to call me three four, six, twenty nine texts. And that is how your president and his family are getting into the mobile cell phone business, which if it actually ever comes out with a phone, and if it debuts, I actually may be surprised. There's just a lot of backtracking coming out and washing me. See look at me trying to get political but not being political. One more segment this hour, don't hang up. I have fun and I tell you like it is. I will ask your questions and I do have some questions on the email and also some callers here on the high Tech Textan Show, Happy Late Father's Day, which was earlier this week. My name is Michael Michael Garfield, the long running host of the long running high Tech Textan show heard all across the state on your wonderful iHeartRadio Network podcast the show if you have missed any of it on the iHeartRadio app. It is absolutely free to download for all you dads out there. I was in Dallas last week visiting my father. Maybe listening, maybe not right now, but my parents still live in Dallast. What Father's Day gifts did you get? Did you get a cell phone? You didn't want it? Would? I? Usually I do this on Mother's Day, I do it on Christmas, Honakah whatever. If you got a gift and you have to fake it, especially if your kids give it to you right in front. Oh, this is exactly what I want, this is the tie whatever, and you want to return it, feel free to call me three four six twenty nine textan right now. Disguise your voice if the kids are listening, and I will tell you. Maybe another brand or another model that may be a little better, that may be a little cheaper, so you can, you know, keep some extra cash, we return it or exchange it. That's some of the things that I do. That I mean, that's people want to you know, for some reason, you actually got some clothing that you may be a sh medium sized T shirt and you don't like the color purple or burn orange. I'll bite off of you. So let me know. You can find me online. High tech textan awsome Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. While we're talking about phones, we just were talking about the new Trump mobile announcement that allegedly there's going to be a five hundred dollars phone allegedly being built totally in the United States. How about iPhones. I don't talk about iPhones much, but this kind of it. If Trump I saw this headline and I'm just going to headline, if Trump gets his way, could iPhones made in the US really cost thirty five hundred dollars? That's the headline. And I thought about that headline, especially as Trump just announced his own phone is going to be sold for a really low, low lit Goo price of four hundred and ninety nine dollars. It is, so it's a game. I'm reading this headline. If Trump gets his way, could iPhones made in the US really cost thirty five hundred Well, if he's a smart marketing guy, sure make iPhones cost thirty five dollars, one hundred dollars, make the Trump phone four hundred and ninety nine dollars, and by going buy the Trump phone. Really not the point. The point is tariffs because iPhones are not made in the United States. You know why iPhones are not made or states because iPhones are actually good, they actually work. Because a lot of technology like that is not made in the United States. iPhones are costly, and a lot of people agree that a new tariff environment and pressure from Trump, they the prices may skyrock it there's a tariff of release. What twenty five percent that has to be paid by Apple coming into the US. There's no I don't know who came up with the thirty five hundred dollars headlock, but right now there's the there's a global head of technology research at a AT where to push securities. It's a financial services He estimates iPhone could run as much as twenty three hundred dollars when herrafs are taking into account, and that's a big increase from Apple's views models as about twelve hundred dollars. I don't know who came up with the thirty five hundred dollars I think goes a bad headline. It's yes, I wanted, I'm no there everything made that day in the United States for air. If they're not, so, what are you gonna do. You're gonna suck it up and we're gonna pay the pup. Listen one more hour when we canning back, I'm gonna tell you what I found in my garage. You're gonna laugh, laugh, laugh, You're gonna say, hey, I might have that same stuff in my garage too, don't go anywhere high tech.
Speaker 1: Next is Michael Garfil Michael Garfield. Michael Garfields joining in the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 3: To make life easier, system new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Halfway through the end of the show, which means this is halfway a happy hour. My friends, what is going on? Just like that big boomy voice says, it is Michael Garfield. I am known as the high tech Texan. What's good? People? We have a post Father's Day show taking suggestions. If you want to return some of your gifts, maybe I could tell you to get another model or something. It is three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine t e x A N. We actually spent a lot of the first hour talking about phones and cell phones and new mobile companies and how can the President of the United States and his family all of a sudden come up with a a a network, an operating network for for cell phones along with actual phones. Well, I told you what a multiple virtual network operator is, and feel free to go back and listen to that on podcasts. But I want to talk about phones. I want to talk about actual phones. What phone did This is a rhetorical question because I can't hear you right now. But what phone are you using right now? Okay? Are you using something made by app? Are you you made? Are you using an Android? Whatever it is? I am historically an android guy, and I get a lot of phones per year. I test them out. A lot of these companies don't want them back, and I don't throw things away and I don't sell them. So I have kind of a graveyard for phones. And I don't know what you do with your old technology. This is where I'm going with this. I do know that I have this container or this kind of storage box in my garage that is known as the cell phone boneyard of the Garfield family. I just tossed my phones in there. Friend of mine wanted to know if I had an MP three player laying around because she wanted it. She needed it for something, and I'm like, well, phones, it's at the end of the day, it's it's a storage device. There's tons of storage. Why don't you just use your phone and put music on there. Well, she couldn't do it, going to camp. Can't have any type of cell phones. That's got to be an actual, typical MP three players. And I'm like, man, I haven't actually had an MP three player in years. Point is, I go into the garage and I get out the boneyard, I get out this box. So I started having fun. I start pulling out I haven't seen this box in years. I start pulling out these phones looking for an MP three player, and I realized I could open a technology museum. I took a photo of not even all of these phones laying out dust, hobweeds, crack screen, and I posted it on my x account. Go to high tech text and hi g h T E c ht E XN. You can see it there. Actually, you sit it on Facebook. You can see it even on my Instagram high tech text him and I and I put all these help one two, three, four, FI, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen seventy. There must be about twenty four phones. This isn't even all my phones. People, I have Blackberries. I have a number of Blackberries, LG, Samsung Home, Dell.
Speaker 1: HP.
Speaker 3: Actually have an app. I actually have an Apple iPod, one of the original iPods, not a phone. VS run the gamut from the year nineteen ninety eight, nineteen ninety nine till till to recently. Here is a Motorola. What is this thing? It's a Motorola communicator. It's a clamshell thing that looked like it comes from a sci fi movie. I posted this with what what is your favorite What is your favorite cell phone of all time? For the next hour, we're gonna play the game. Let's call Michael Garfield on the High Tech Textan Show and tell him what is your favorite phone of all time?
Speaker 1: Time?
Speaker 3: Time three four six twenty nine, Texan three four six two nine eight three nine two six Post a photo if you're still using it, I don't care. I know some people are still using their clamshell flip phnes from two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight. They take care of them that you call my show on them? I know you, guys.
Speaker 1: Is just it.
Speaker 3: It's a walk down memory lane. I'll bury the lead and I'll tell you what mine is. I think my favorite phone of all time is the BlackBerry Pearl. It was one of the smallest Blackberries ever released. I loved it because of the small form factor. I can keep it my front pocket. It kind of slid up. It wasn't a flip phone. It didn't have specific letter keys that had numbers, and it used T nine. You remember what tennin if you needed a text on And here's the thing, we as Americans didn't text a lot twenty years ago. Other countries, European countries. They texted. They got into the texting thing before we did much much more. We talked on the phone. So what we had to do we you know, you have the keyboard one, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight nine. Was it at star pounds star zero pounds something like that. But there's also letters on those on the so if you look at the number two key, it's ABC, the three key D E F and so you had to tap on those things. It was just so it was sos like it was rudimentary, very morse codesh. That's fine. Love the BlackBerry pearl. And you could see the BlackBerry pearl right there, second row, right side. And look who the carrier was. People, I'm gonna throw out a name of your go a freak right now if you're old, if you're old like me, it ain't Verizon, because I see a Verizon. It ain't sprint. I even see a sprint for people. My BlackBerry pearl was on Singular C I N G U L A R, which I think was was that bought out by AT and T or Verizon. I don't even know. Look at that thing, it's got a little track ball. I got at least two flip phones. There is my very first BlackBerry, which is on the Verizon network, had a little plastic holster. Man, love to hear from you. Back in the good old days when we used to have newspapers and when you only had a radio. Hello, my friend, we had big, old, clunky cell phones that didn't even have letters on them. It was just numbers. Some of them folded, some of them were big, some of them weren't color. You couldn't touch the screen. It was the iPhone in two thousand and seven when was released. That was the first screen you can touch. There's no doubt, man, how'd we live back then? Those were the good old days. I'd love to hear from you, Michael Garfield High take text and show when we come back. Listen, I'm going to tell you how to stop trackers from collecting your health data. I'm going to tell you, actually, if you're an Android fan, Andre the latest version of Android Android sixteen is actually out, I will tell you how to download that, but only on a few phones. And also trying to unsubscribe from all your emails that you thinker spam. Think again before clicking unsubscribe on some of those emails. That's right, Garb's here to one, don't go anywhere, hang up your phone or actually comments three four six twenty nine Texans the Heigh.
Speaker 2: Tech Texans Show.
Speaker 3: For a second hour of the High Tech Textan Show. Thank you so much for joining me wherever you are listening, if you're over the airwaves in Dallas and Houston and San Antonio. Thank you for showing the kids what an AM radio DOW looks like. And if you're listening on iHeartRadio, you can download the app or talk to your smart speaker just say yo, wake up word whatever it is, and I don't want to wake up your smart speaker. Listen to this radio. So listen to KPRC nine fifty eight I AM on iHeart Radio. Listen to eleven ninety talk radio on iHeart Radio. Listen to WOAI twelve hundred on iHeart Radio. Do it right now. You can listen as you, you know, putter around the house and do whatever you need to do. See that's a more waste. You can not listen to your favorite radio shows. A lot of reviews that I do. And here's something that you can get dad for a late Father's Day gift. Dads who mow the lawn. This is one of those products that I reviewed that made me think, where was this invention when I was a kid, Because growing up in Texas, I mowed the lawn. Now, yes, we did, at one point we had a mowing mowing riding lawn or because our lawn was so big. But I still had to get off and I had to bag all the mulch and everything. But also for a good twenty twenty five years and at least two of my houses, as you know, when I had kids, I mowed the lawn. And the funny thing is I really didn't complain as hot and nasty as just as just the laborious just it's this thing that we have to do. I wanted to do it myself. I didn't want anybody. I didn't want to pay some dude did actually, you know, mow my lawn because it really was the only place anywhere in my life that I could escape and get away from everything, no kids screaming. I really didn't even fifteen twenty thirty years ago, I didn't have a radio or earphones or iPods or eye players right to put in my ears. I listened to the home of the mower, and I did thinking, I did my best thinking out there. As matter of fact, I think I believe I actually came up with the concept of the high tech text and when I was mowing, it was just a hum mowing out there twenty three years ago. Well, nowadays there are opportunities where there is no home from a lawnmower, even though your lawn is being mowed and you don't have to pay anybody to do it. Because I played with and tested and currently reviewing a robot lawnmower. A robot lawnmower, people, I'm not kidding you. It's hut out of the world conceptualizing to believe there is a robotic lawnmower. Because you know what a robot vacuum cleaner is. You may have one many of them out there from roboock is a brand name, I robot, whatever it is. You know what they do. You program it, They map out your living room, your dining room, your kitchen. You plug it and you charge it and they just let it go and it chases the cat around. There you go, same concept a little bit more technologically events. So there is I tested out and I tried. It's a company called Ecovacs. Eco Vacs They actually make robotic vacuum cleaners, but they also make, among many other companies, robot lawnmowers. Ways, about what is this thing? Weigh thirty five pounds. You don't really need to pick it up a lot. It's about the size of a small tricycle that a kid would ride. Charge it. It's got a battery. You put it outside. You initially one time map your lawn and it uses LIDAR. Do you know what light R is, Well, it's not radar. It's got two lightar cameras. It stands for light detection and ranging. And here it is what it is akin to. You ever seen self driving cars, way mos, all these new uberjaxis, they have all these cameras and all these spinning things. That's LYDAR. It's a remote sensing method and it uses laser light to measure distance and it creates kind of a detailed three D model of objects in the environment around you. There is a light ar that's kind of three hundred and sixty degree lightar camera on top of this robotic mower, and there's a front facing camera that also uses LDAR, and so as it moves it sees everything. It sees trees, it sees garden hoses, it sees pets, it sees people walking around, and it knows when to stop, when to turn does everything. So you charge it, you turn it on, You download an app and I put it in my yard and I let it go. I mapped it. I saw it going all at trace, all around the edges. Once it's locked in, it's locked in, it comes back. It charges itself. You hit a button and it goes. Battery lasts for about well, they say it's about forty three hundred square foot yard, which is about me. It's about a typical size of a lawn. It wouldn't do my one acre parents house, you know, lawn that they have. It comes if it does run low on battery. It automatically knows when it's running long battery. It will roll back and put itself on the charger, kind of like robotic vacuums. Charger does need to be plugged in. It's waterproof ip X six rated, so you don't want it in big ring downpours it, you know, so if it gets hit by a sprinkler, maybe you want to hose it down to clean it. That's fine, but I got to tell you you can adjust the cutting length of grass from about one point two inches to three and a half inches on grass, It's got two rotary blades, cuts about a thirteen inch wide. Half goes up and back and up and back, and it kind of actually does its own little twirl. But it knows where it's been because it has GPS. Nobody can steal it because it does have a GPS, and it actually does have alarm so you can track it if somebody actually steals it. I have no clue why anybody would want to steal a thirty five pound lawn more, especially because the charging pad is probably stuck, or because you can actually put these pegs and actually, you know, kind of really get it into the ground over under price before I tell you? Do you like the concept? Does everybody like the concept of a robotic lawnmower? So instead of slapping up and down, going to get gas, making sure there's oil, either pushing the button, pushing the lawnmower, getting your hands dirty, you need to do is start your app sit back, have a coldie. You don't even need to be home. You can set a schedule every Monday, every Saturday, whatever you want to do, and it cuts it in concept. I love the idea. So how did it work out?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Not back the lawn that it was cutting, and I want to be honest with you, I want to raise my hand. I actually took it to my neighbor's lawn because he has a bigger lawn, more wide spaces, because I was actually had to shoot a TV segment for my Fox and my CBS stuff that I'm doing, so I'm actually you'll see it. I will put it on my YouTube channel here the next week or so. You actually see what was going. So I needed a big lawn. He's got a big law. There was no way that this robot lawnmower was going to last his entire lawn, which is fine. I only needed about an hour's worth of b roll shots and everything. But it was relatively easy to set up, very simple to map out. I pushed a button and it was going. It found its way around trees. It know when the grass stop and the cement started, so we're to turn around and keep on the grass. It mulched closely enough, and it threw the mulch particles right back into the ground. It doesn't need bagging, and sure enough, when it ran out of battery, went right back and charged itself. I took a hose, I sprayed it off. I actually like it. What I get one tough question. I actually like exercise, breaking news. I kind of like mowing. I also don't like spending a lot of money host to this specific Ecovac A three thousand goat lidar robot lawnmower twenty five hundred dollars. Yikes, don't turn the radio off. There are others on the market. There are cheaper ones, Ego Vacs even makes it cheaper one themselves too. They're more expensive ones. But I guess this is where you start doing the ROI what's your return on an investment? So if I pay twenty five hundred dollars, well number one, I'm not gonna have to gas it out. Not that you pay a lot of gas for a lawnmower over a given summer. How much do you pay your lawn guy or your lawn gal. Do you pay them fifty bucks? Do you pay them seventy five bucks? Well, now you don't have to do that. Then again, does your lawn person do more than just your lawn? Because this thing, last I check it didn't like weed out flowers or anything or prune trees. How much is your time worth? Sometimes it does take several hours to prep to mow and do everything. Pretty much, this is other than almost simple. It takes a matter of minute to actually hit the button. It sometimes doesn't even take that longs to the schedule. It's a matter of time. This is what I do when I review products. I'm gonna probably tell you what I get it. But I am in a different lifestyle, my age, kid situation, family situation, probably than you are. I have three grown boys, I live alone. I actually don't have a massive, massive yard, which is why I look for cars, and I look for trucks, and I look for tech products, and I look for smart home gadgets a little different than you. But I am going to tell you these things are out there, Dad, if you're interested. I do like it. It is nice. You need to decide if it's worth whatever price you get it for. By the way, next month Amazon Prime days. I think it's got four days coming up. I don't know if this is going to be an Amazon Prime, but we could talk about that later. There it is my review the Ecovac's Goat, a three thousand robot lawnmower. Have you used one of these?
Speaker 1: You like it?
Speaker 3: This is where you could talk to me. Love to hear from you. Give me a call. Three four six twenty nine, Texan. The name is Michael Garfield with no calusis because I ain't pushing, no lawndower, no war pot them at the hour my friends cope Paul as well. Before I return you to the full first weekend of summer, you will be excused. And if you're at the pool listening to me, well you're probably already more excuse And I hope you have a nice coldie in your hand. Feel free to invite me over when I'm done hot weather out there. Michael is the name. It's called Michael, Michael Garfield. That's what they call me. They call me Garf, but it is called the high Tech Texan Show. We thank you for hanging around summer summer movies. Summer Lovin had me a blast. This is the tops Other than the Tom Cruise Dead Reckoning thing. Has there been a big action movie the least yet? I do know this coming week f one with Brad Pitt is coming. Those are I mean big blockbusters. I mean you see NonStop promotion worldwide tours and interviews on Enter Damage Tonight you see billboards, it's it seems to me, I mean, just the anecdotally, I've seen less and less of big blockbusters coming out or being promoted. And I talk about this because do you know what's being promoted right now almost bigger than any of these other movies. It's the fiftieth anniversary of one of the most famous films of all time? Where were you fifty years ago this week? Nineteen seventy five? Now, knowing my audience a lot of you were born, and if you weren't born, did you see this movie? Because I got to tell you. If you're a longtime listener, you know I am the king of pop culture. I am the king of the eighties. If there's music, if there is a song, if there is a fad, if there is a fashion, if there is a trend, if there's a whatever it is the era, I'm pretty much all over it. But it's I'm not embarrassed to say I when it comes to movies, I don't I haven't seen a lot of the big movies that have been blockbusters, that have been famous, that have been award winners and be in people are surprised. For example, I have never seen any of the Godfather movies. None, Nope, haven't seen it, and I can go on stop. I don't want any calls right now. I'm not doing it right now. I know point is fifty years ago one of the most incredible movies really, which literally and figurally started the summer box office boom where crazy movies, big ones were released in summer. It was fifty years ago this week Jaws. Jaws, a seafaring masterpiece about the shark. Steven Spielberg. Director John Williams did the music and score. I've never seen it. I never saw it because number one, I was relatively young in nineteen seventy five, even though probably somebody saw it. But I don't dig sharks. I don't dig movie that are scary. Now, I'm not saying Jaws is scary because I haven't seen it, because but I've studied it because when I was in Radyotos in the film, when we studied Steven Spielberg, I mean he talked about the shark where you never initially saw the shark, and you heard the dune done dune, dune, dunk to the two note, I mean and then finally you see the Shark and it's it's it's your mind in things.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was phenomenal. So know I if anybody has seen if you want to reminisce on the greatest big blockbusters all the time, now you can call me. Just don't yell at me for not seeing Jaws in many of the other movies. You can feel free to give me a shout if you want to pick up I don know, callum. If you want to pick up the phone three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine t E X A N, feel free to uh check that out. But I saw a list of the top ten shark movies. Let me just run through this people, the top ten best shark movies. This is according to US USA Today, Real quickly, ten Deep Deep Blue Sea, three Meg Too, the Trench, Jaws, two the Meg, the Reef, Open Water under Paris, the Shallows, Deep Blue Sea, and a number one, of course, was Jaws. I am oh for ten, and I am proud to say I am oh for ten. I just I'm not gonna do it. I do go. I don't mind the ocean in the water. I go to Southern California, so a few times a year to see the kids, I go to the ocean. I don't want in the back of my mind knowing or thinking there's a freaking movie shark out there, or a real shark. Anyway, I just thought that was an anecdotal thing. Happy anniversary to Jaws. And then we could play the what movie has mich Golt not seen? And then you would be in all just as scary as as sharks. This is a hard segue. Kids, if you're learning to get into broadcast journalism, this is how you do it, just as scary and sharks. How about all these potential hackers and trackers trying to collect data from your cell phone and from your personal lives boom see, I did it. So another story about trackers collecting your health data, and I found this one interesting. It's because I do track my health. I have several smart watches like all of you out there. I have apps that will show me my beats per minute, how long I've run, how I sleep. Because of technology, we are I think it's great because we are getting data and we are getting regular personal feedback on how we live, how we exercise, and how we sleep and how we can improve much more so than back on my old days, where we got it once or twice a year by taking tests at a doctor's office. Now we get immediate feedback when we wake up. If you sleep with your smart watch on a lot of the people, the first thing you do is you take a look at your wrist. It's like, oh, was I in rimsleep for an hour and two minutes? And what's my sleep score? And then you know how quickly and when I'm on my bike, can I get my beats permitted of my heart? And what's my resting heart rate? It goes on and on. Personal health information is very big. However, there's a lot of this information that is being leaked to third party companies who may be using it. Maybe it's the watch manufacturer or something. What is happening, Well, there are a lot of health websites, health exchange websites, and they you know, companies like Google and Snapchat and LinkedIn and believe it or not, they use they track user activity to target advertising.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: Websites. Website owners they install and they configure coating to provide tech companies on their pages. And these things are trackers. As you know, when you load a page this tracker coding runs, collecting data, sends it to the tech company servers, and it goes on, how do you protect your data from these trackers and especially when it comes to health stuff too? Well number one did you know? Well, quickly over here you can block trackers. If you're using Safari as a web browser, I want you to use go click on Advanced Tracking and finger Printing Protection. Okay, it'll block the trackers, a lot of the trackers. If you're using Chrome or other browsers blocking third party cookies, it actually won't stop the trackers from sending your data, but it's going to make it harder to link the data to you. Specifically, what I would do is I would install a privacy protecting browser extension. So if you're using a desk, hot brower browser, use a privacy protecting browser extension that they're they're called a number of things. One it's called privacy badger. One's called you block the letter, you block, you block origin. Those things can help to switch to a new browser. I actually use a browser browser called Brave. I have long used a bro It's a free browser. Brave. What it does it hides a lot of this stuff it's almost like a built in VPN, very privacy focused. I don't use Edge, I don't use Safarian do it. I use Brave duck Go. Believe it or not, there's all that also ones the block trackers too. But believe it or not, what doesn't work to block trackers a VPN. I've longchouted using a virtual private network to keep your privacy at least your Internet connection secure. But VPN they're handy for really kind of obscuring your location of where you actually are, right, But it won't stop trackers from reading and writing cookies and sharing details about your advice too. Also, oh you're gonna be You're gonna outsmart them. You're gonna use incognito mode or private mode. It's not gonna block trackers either. So if you don't, nothing is gonna one hundred percent stop blockers and trackers.
Speaker 1: But do what I do.
Speaker 3: Use a use a a web browser, brave duck duck Go. Use a privacy protecting browser extension. It's something you can download for free that may help too. Just a little FYI, we got one more segment to go. I do think you can tune it in there. It is Michael barcod in the high Tech tex and Code. Don't go anywhere. We're gonna wind it up, big.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A few more minutes before we wind up the bag and close it and zip lock it up for this week show, the first radio show of the Summer of twenty twenty five, officially Summer. Hey, the good news people. Last Friday was the longest day of the year. Just lead to just terrestrially and solarly and everything summer, sourctice, whatever point is. Every day now become shorter as we count down to winter. I mean, listen, I'm sorry, I'm I'm from Texas. I've lived here most all my life. It's just hot man, and I you know, I like being outdoors because I'm a runner. I just did the one hundred plus degree weather. The humidity, it's not conducive for running for runners, and that's really why I just I like cool weather. Let's go people, Snap, Snap, Let's let's get it going. Michael Garfield final a few minutes of this week's high Tech Text and Show. Not going to give the phone number on. We've got a few things to talk about. I I teased them, I got to pay them off. Talk talk about all the emails that everybody is beginning. This is a good time year. If you're your schedule is getting a little bit lighter, maybe you're you know, you're working from home, maybe you have a fagation days to do something about all this spam mail that you're getting. I continue to get more and more, and spam is getting tougher and tougher to determine. I've ben get my website high tech textan dot com is hosted through register dot com, which is Network Solutions, and I've had it for years and years and years, and I know every year when the annual fee payment is coming up. So when I get emails throughout the year, I'm thinking, what do they want? Why do they want me to click this link? This past week, I've gotten like three emails that are very very suspicious. They con't it says register dot com from the sender. It's got the register dot com logo in the email and it's got hey, you need to verify your account click here. And I'm very cautious and you should I talk about this because I want you to be too. Before clicking on these things. You need to think about it now. It's a serious thing. I don't want my website to go down. And so this is why I'm reading this thing like this the suppruter film like word by word, going oh wait a minute. And what I found is when I got to the very bottom, there's small print. It's got legal stuff registered trademark. This email is being sent by Network Solution, and I'm looking closer, things are off. Number one, I look for misspellings. I didn't see misspelling, but networksolutions dot com is one of the but I look at how it's written or typed out in this bottom of the email. In the legal lees, it was like network in dot or period etwork, Like why do they put a period between network? The other thing that you could do is you could take your mouse. If you're on the desktop or a laptop, take your mouse, and I want you to hover over the link. Put your mouse on it, don't click it. What happens is you're going to get a little pop up. And if that doesn't happen, I want you to hover over that link and write click on your mouth. When you write click out of a mouth, you actually can potentially see what's the destination website that that link is going to take you to, and if it's odd, and if it's long, and if it doesn't say in this case register dot com or network solutions, eh, don't do it. Don't click on it. I didn't. The point is how do you get off? How do you amy? I'm a big unsubscriber. Every few weeks I go and I'm like, why why am I getting this? Let me scroll down and let me click the famous unsubscribed button. I want you to think twice before you do that. At least one in every and here's a here's a stat stat of the day by DNS filter. At least one in every six hundred and forty four click here to one and subscribe links led to potentially malicious web sites. Now one in six hundred and forty four. It's pretty decent batting average. Okay, okay, but the one time you click on that and your computer goes I don't want you calling me watch for that stuff. So what do you do? A lot of email service providers they have a built in unsubscribed feature that does not require interacting with any of these shady links. All right, The easiest, most common are the list unsubscribe headers. It's a banner with the little hyperlink that comes from your email provider. You can click through it. The other thing is you can actually go just get out of that email, go to the website. Actually go to the website that sent you. So say you don't want to there's a burger chain and you subscribe to it, Well you could get you don't know where that's going to lead. Go to the burger chain's website, go to your account, then unsubscribe that way. That's the other thing. And the other thing I could do is the famous junk button. This is my last resort, but sometimes I have to resort to it more than often. I use Microsoft Outlook and I have a junk folder. Anytime I'm getting something and it's from a Rando person email address, I will write click and I will hit junk immediately. It goes into my junk folder, not spam, a junk folder, and it blocks that sender from ever not sending me. They're gonna send me emails, but I'm never gonna see it. I junk those. You can also do that with ex girlfriends or ex boyfriends. See what I did there. Just a time of year, you got a little lecture time in your hands, you may want to do that real quickly, what's Michael driving this week? I told you this past week. Every week I do get to drive a brand new vehicle for a week. It is not from a dealership. I work directly with the manufacturers. I've been doing it for about fifteen years, been driven over one thousand cars. I don't get paid for it. These are my thoughts. This past week, Michael was driving in the twenty twenty five Nissan front here Pro four x crew cab. By the way, it's a mid size truck. If you're in the mood for a market for a mid sized truck, there are a few mid sized trucks you're usually thinking. You know, if you think of a pickup truck, you're gonna be a halftime. You're gonna be a four to f one fifty, the Ram, and you know, just all these. But the mid size truck Nissan Frontier, the GMC Canyon, the Chevy Colorado, the Toyota Tundra, those are the smaller ones. I actually like those. I personally prefer those if I had to get a truck because I don't really don't haul and schlep a lot of things. They're easier to park, easier maneuver, and you know they still work and act very nice off road. I've long been a Nissan fan. I haven't been the biggest proponent of the Frontier, but I really like this one, really because it's the Pro four X. Pro four X is the badge, the kind of the outdoor rugged badge that on the outside he gives you a lot more stability off voading opportunities, but on the inside they really kind of trick out the vehicle a lot more of The Nissan Armada has a Pro four X version, which I absolutely loved, but the Nissan Frontier Pro. I tell you, what, if you actually put Pro four X on a jar of mayonnaise, I would I would potentially try it. That's how great I'd like the Pro four X upgrade. It runs about forty one thousand dollars for the regular Frontier. The Pro for X is going to add about another six seven thousand dollars after all is said and done. But those are the premium packages. But it's got a very nice three point eight leader V six engines a V six engine at a relatively small vehicle, so you know you're gonna get a lot of pickup. It tows well, three hundred and ten horse powers. It's got great cool tires, the seventeen inch pro alloy wheels. There's a lot of neat things on this. If you are looking to get a mid sized bruck, I would look at the Nissan Frontier. If you have the funds and the necessary means, check out the pro four x versions. If you do, take it on motor off and there you go. If you want to hear all my reviews from fifteen years, you can go look on a podcast. You can even specifically check out Spotify. Look for a high tech texts in and every week it's just pop pop pop. You're going to get reviews. Other than that. I got to get out of here, folks. Callum's giving me to get out of here because it is cocktail and happy hour time. Officially, I do thank everybody in my Heart Radio network for keeping us on for twenty three years. You know how to get me at the long url high tech text and spell it all out. Hey, Happy summer officially on behalf of everybody who's been a part of this one may get a great week, stay cool, and we'll talk to you next week. My name is Garne and this show is over