Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: It's Andrew's last day today. And we started the show by talking about something that we neither one of us know anything about, which is horse racing. And the reason I know that Andrew doesn't know anything about it is because we were talking about it and he was saying, how come there can be all this pageantry and all this stuff for this race that's over so quickly and then boom the fever dream ends and everybody goes home. Well, apparently, Andrew, and I'm learning this from our talkback line. There there are other races and.
Speaker 3: Tompson, come on, now, you guys are way off. I mean, whoever's talking your friend there with the yeah?
Speaker 4: Whoever is talking yeah exactly, who ever's.
Speaker 3: Talking your friend there with the Oh, there's no halftime show, there's no pre races, and there's races all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, and you're drinking and having a great time. You're betting, you know, and eating.
Speaker 4: Come on, thank you.
Speaker 5: I wish I'd known that they too, this friend of yours. They need to get them off this radio station, telling your luggy it's his last day. Whoever called in this is Eric who also wanted the disabuses of this notion that was only one race.
Speaker 6: Hey, Andrew re Mark, just hearing your guys talk about the Kentucky Derby, just so you know there are multiple races.
Speaker 4: Boy, well you're going to know this for next year, aren't you.
Speaker 6: Andrew gre There's racing all day, And in fact, there's a race that takes place after the Kentucky Derby. It's not the last one for the day. Each of those winners that runs into the Kentucky Derby have won multiple other races throughout the year and have come together because those are the best of the best.
Speaker 7: And of course it is the.
Speaker 6: Start of the Triple Crown which kicks off through the rest of the summer.
Speaker 4: That is so cool.
Speaker 2: Thank you Eric for calling in and setting us straight.
Speaker 5: You know, when I said, you know, I felt this was a safe space not doing this on Conway's show, I bit my tongue.
Speaker 2: I had no idea, I knew that I knew nothing. I said that I knew nothing about it, So at least I feel like that's my high ground. But it is true sometimes you just avoid this stuff that it gets into the culture, like it was all over TV and stuff. So somehow you feel like it's safe to comment on it, but then when you actually get into the specifics, you run aground, as we did.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: I do appreciate the KFI fans for keeping us in check though with it.
Speaker 4: Yes, the more you.
Speaker 2: Know, well done, so I promised you, and so I will get to it now. The President sat down with Kristin Welker from Meet the Press and talked about any number of things. One of the more controversial things. And I think a lot of the stuff that Donald Trump has done and is doing is super controversial. But the controversial thing in this instance is the deep rotation of illegal immigrants and due process that might be owed them and constitutionally dictated due process. And here's how that came up.
Speaker 8: Your Secretary of State says, everyone who's here, citizens and non citizens deserve due process.
Speaker 7: Do you agree, mister? I don't know.
Speaker 9: I'm not a lawyer. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, the Fifth Amendment, I don't know.
Speaker 9: It seems it might say that, But if you're talking about that, then we'd have to have a million or two million or three million trials. We have thousands of people that are some murderers and some drug dealers and some of the worst people on earth. But is some of the worst, most dangerous people on earth. And I was elected to get them the hell out of here, and the courts are holding me from doing it.
Speaker 8: But even given those numbers that you're talking about, don't you need.
Speaker 7: To uphold the Constitution of the United States as present? I don't know.
Speaker 9: I have to respond by saying, again, I have brilliant lawyers that work for me, and they are going to obviously follow what the Supreme Court said. What you said is not what I heard. The Supreme Court said, they have a different interpretation.
Speaker 2: So he is, let's speak frankly, he is very much buoyed by the fact that Americans put him in office in part because of his strong stands toward immigration and an immigration problem that was clearly out of control. And so in service of that, he is doing things that do appear to fly in the face of the Constitution. I mean, essentially, no person is supposed to be deprived, as the Constitution says, of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. I mean, that's one of the things that's underpinned life here. It doesn't matter what the person's American citizen or not. And the other thing I would just quickly say is that those trials that he's talking about. You know, the immigration court moves very quickly. Have you ever been to traffic court. It's like traffic court, Okay, it's quick. It's not like a murder case, which goes on over weeks. Whether you've p prove this guy's part of MS thirteen or not, that's not the way it works. So this gets to be controversial. But I mentioned the first part because I do think he's got a lot of the American public who's sort of like, eh, whatever, you know, do whatever you got to do. So it's a real inflection moment for him.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I said right away that no one's coming back, and particularly this Garcia who is in the El Salvador in prison, he is not coming back. I don't care how many court orders there are. I believe that he's not coming back. And there are a couple of reasons. One I just stated, which is the public essentially is in the again in the main because I know there people feel very strongly about this and should feel very strong about him, and the guy was poor without due process. But there's also a portion of the population, and the big one, which is, hey, I don't care about this guy.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 2: He's gone probably better than he be gone with a core process, Without a court process, they'd probably get rid of him. And most of the public again who voted for Trump put him in office because of his immigration stance. But the bigger reason that he won't be coming back, and this, as I say, I think is staring us clearly in the face, is that he represents a mistake on the part of the administration. The administration has said we deported him by mistake. Yet there's no way to bring him back. Apparently not. They're not inclined to bring him back. They don't like to embrace mistakes. Donald Trump, as you know, certainly doesn't want to steer into a mistake. And so I would say, regardless of court order, that this he who's down in El Salvador. He was first in that super max facility. Now he's in a different place. He's not coming back. And this entire now, I don't know anything about him, I mean, beyond what we have all read. So this is not a question of him. I'm just talking about the process, how it will proceed in the future. I think may have been determined by the Supreme Court decision and by some of these other court decisions along the way. But what I'm saying is this one guy who's become a cause celeb. Remember, he's become a huge deal. That's another reason that Trump doesn't want him back. And again, from Trump's perspective, this guy is just a pain, he's a problem. Moving on. No, he's not coming back. You think Donald Trump wants that guy stepping off a plane to all the photographers in media showcasing the fact that he was mistakenly deported without due process. No, he doesn't want any of those things. And for that reason, I think I can state with confidence he won't be coming back.
Speaker 8: On tariffs, So small businesses say they are being hurt by the Chinese tariffs, and some could be forced to show.
Speaker 4: How many businesses have been helped.
Speaker 7: Are you looking at doing relief for small business?
Speaker 9: Why do you always mention that you know, you pick up a couple of little businesses. What about the car business? They're going to make a fortune because of the tariffs. Do you know that the union, the head of the union, who is no fan of mine Faine Sean Fain. I guess his name is right. He didn't endorse me the team suits did. A lot of people did, a lot of unions did, but he didn't. He couldn't stand me. Now, he was saying, Wow, what's Trump's done for the automobile? I can't believe it. I assume he's going to probably now say the next thing you can say, is I endorse this guy. He's the greatest I've ever seen. He can't believe it's happened. He said, We've been waiting forty years for somebody to do what Trump is doing, So why don't you mention the big car industry instead of mentioning somebody that's doing strollers.
Speaker 2: Well, I will get back to this when we come back, because I'm actually shopping for a car right now and I had a long conversation with a guy who owns a dealership here in southern California. We'll talk about that when we come back. And more from Trump and his sit down with Christian Welker.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of talking Trump and his sit down with Christian Welker from Meet the Press, and they talked about tariffs at some length.
Speaker 9: You know, you pick up a couple of little businesses, what about the car business? They're going to make a fortune because of the terriffs. Do you know that the union? The head of the union, who is no fan of mine, Faine Sean Fain. I guess his name is right. He didn't endorse me. The team suits did a lot of people did, a lot of unions did, but he didn't. He couldn't stand me. Now, he was saying, Wow, what's Trump's done for the automobile? I can't believe it. I assume he's going to probably now say the next thing you can say, is I endorse this guy. He's the greatest I've ever seen. He can't believe it's happened, he said, We've been waiting forty years for somebody to do what Trump is doing. Why don't you mentioned the big car industry instead of mentioning somebody that's doing strollers?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just asking you about small businesses.
Speaker 8: Are there any discussions about giving any relief to small businesses?
Speaker 7: They're not going to need it, okay? Are they're going to make so much money?
Speaker 9: Are these if you build your product here, remember there are no tariffs. If you build your product here.
Speaker 7: It's very easy.
Speaker 4: It's very simple. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The sad part, it really is sad for so many small businesses and the component parts and a lot of the things that involve everything from you know, crocheted blankets to automobiles involve component parts. You know, thread that comes from China or you know, beads that come from Vietnam, whatever it might be. And so those small businesses that are involved in so many things, the list is long that are affected negatively by these tariffs. I mean when I say negatively, I mean many of these small business people are having to close down. So it would be nice to see some kind of dispensation, some kind of way, some kind of relief for small business owners who are dramatically and negatively affected by these tariffs. There was mentioned in a conversation with Mayor Bass was communication with Donald Trump. Now, Mayor Bass has a tough hill to climb. I mean, you've got a huge, huge budget deficit in the city of Los Angeles, and you know, it's a billion dollars shortfall almost and the mayor's taking a pay cut, and she's saying that the office staff are not taking their regularly scheduled cost of living adjustments, et cetera. And she apparently spoke also to Donald Trump and commented on communications with him.
Speaker 10: Have you talked to President Treffer? When was the last time you talked to President Trump about the needs of your city?
Speaker 11: Well, I will tell you that I'm in contact with representatives of the administration. But I talked to President Trump when he came out to LA and it was a few days after his inauguration, and just.
Speaker 1: A contact, okay.
Speaker 10: And the contact you have with the administration, w you just characterize them, the contact as constant ongoing. Do you have any trouble getting through to anybody?
Speaker 4: Is what I'm asking.
Speaker 11: No, I haven't, And you know, it definitely has benefited me served twelve years in Congress that I've seen a number of my former colleagues receive appointments in the administration, and so.
Speaker 7: It's not been constant.
Speaker 11: There's not been a need for it to be constant. But I've not had difficulty getting through, and so I'm just very optimistic. I mean, the effort is going along very well now.
Speaker 2: No, I mean the reality is that these fires have been devastating. The January fires have devastated both the California budget and has it really put the mayor in an extremely tough position. And it's not just rebuilding, it's all the issues around rebuilding, which we can talk about a little bit again. There's there's been theft, and there has been well there's been there have been impediments. I mean, there's been, you know, various obstacles to rebuilding. Right, You've got essentially huge areas of the Palisades and of the Eton Fire area in Altadena that are toxified because of the fires. So that was Mayor bass On communicating with the Trump administration. And now this was fascinating to me. The timeline on rebuilding and recovery in the fire affected areas.
Speaker 7: Well little over one hundred days.
Speaker 11: The rebuilding the recovery is going very very fast.
Speaker 7: As a matter of fact, if you.
Speaker 11: Compared to other fires that have happened in our state, we are to six months to a year ahea of other locations. So at this point in time, the Army Corps of Engineers have cleared eleven hundred properties, So that's eleven hundred families that can start rebuilding now. A couple of weeks ago, I was at a property with the family and construction was already underway. So we had over six thousand properties destroyed in Palisades, and I will tell you within two months we had water and power back up.
Speaker 1: Because there are still.
Speaker 11: A couple of hundred people that live in Palisades whose homes were not impacted. So we've had other devastating fires in California.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you're living in the Palisades or the Altadena area and your place was not affected, as the mayor has just mentioned, on the one hand, you're lucky. On the other hand, it's awful. I mean, your community is burned out, there is no one around, You've got construction vehicles everywhere right now, they're not even construction vehicles. You have this clearing of what I was mentioning toxic debris. It's a pretty rough ride for people, even those who survived the fires and their structures survived.
Speaker 11: A couple of one hundred people that live in Palisades whose homes were not impacted. So we've had other devastating fires in California, and so my comparison as to how we're doing is based on those other fires, and in many cases, we're six months to a year ahead of where other cities.
Speaker 2: Were, And there's been a lot of these executive actions on the part of the mayor to make it easier to address a lot of these issues. For example, the permitting process has been made much much easier. There's a self certification that's going on. It's focused primarily on the Palisades rebuilding, and they want to drastically reduce the time spent on permitting and so they're trying a lot of stuff aggressively to allow the rebuild to happen. They're also trying to use use AI to help support the review of project plans and building and zoning codes. So again, these are all things that are done to try to speed up the rebuild. But it's a hugely steep mountain to climb, so much to rebuild, so much to consider, And I haven't mentioned Malibu. Malibu and the Coastal Commission notoriously difficult when it comes to anything that you're going to do in Malibu. And now you're faced with what property owners are going to rebuild where, what bar you're going to make them clear. I mean, you've heard probably of the septic issues. All of Malibu's on septic, so they're all kinds of attendant issues to be faced by many of these homeowners and property owners as they rebuild. Not easy and Alta Dina. I don't need to tell you. They've been affected, probably most dramatically by in the aftermath burglaries and problems they've faced with looting of many of the locations in the Altadena area. And they're looking at a really tough rebuild there for commercial buildings and homes that were burned out in that fire. So we continue, I mean, that's one to be watched, and I'll be impressed if they can continue the pace they're on. I must say the clearing of all of these various properties and all that toxic waste has occurred at a really great rate. I mean they've really click clacked along, and that's a good sign. So when we come back, I have a mentee. It's scary to think that I'm a mentor to anyone but my mentee. And this is the power of being a mentor when you just ignore your mentee and just claim credit for their success. That is what I've done, and she joins us. She is a new podcast. She is a great product of the foster care system with a great personal story, but now she's broadened that and she has a podcast that is really exciting, and her life itself is a testament to a positive and the many positives that can exist in the foster care programs.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Mark Thompson here on this Sunday afternoon. It is Foster Care Awareness Month. And I'm proud to say that my mentee, Nancy Mogi, is a product and a delightful successful product of the foster system. And she joins us. Now, Hi, Nancy, Hi.
Speaker 12: Mark Hyberbank.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever heard anybody say Hi, Burbank when they've been a guest here at KFI. I really emphasize what a success story you are because you came from such a rough time, man. I mean, your mom was a sex worker, in drugs and all of this stuff. And you were, as I say, in the foster program, fostered by this family, and you bonded with that family and they went on to full adoption with you some years after you had been with them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I can't take all the credit. I must give credit to my family. It takes a village. There was an amazing community of friends, family, friends, cousins. That just came a part of it, seeing that I needed a home and a place to grow, and it led me here a cam I.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you've done really well. I mean, how old are you now?
Speaker 12: Twenty five quarter of a century.
Speaker 4: And I've met you when you were seventeen.
Speaker 12: I didn't even graduate high school yet.
Speaker 2: It was crazy because I was m seeing a foster of care related program and you came up to me afterward. And I still feel the way I felt then, which is, I don't know if I can help anyway, but I'm happy to try to connect you or try to give you advice along the way or whatever. And that's kind of all I've done. Not much. You've really created a path for yourself. Tell me what you're up to now, and tell me about the new podcast.
Speaker 13: So you know, when I saw you standing up on that stage years ago, that showed me that there was a possibility for a career or just a pathway to stand in front of a stage, use a microphone and make an impact. Kept up with all the work you've done and I kept seeing that impact and you've actually been an amazing help.
Speaker 12: So you I got to give you.
Speaker 13: Credit while we're on air, and you know, I remember I've been telling her, I want to share my story. I want to do something. You kept telling me, Well, you got to make something yourself. You can't just you know, hop on other things. You got to create your own thing. And then I created The Future's Foster Podcast because I wanted to be a microphone for all the amazing people I've met in the system, so we could really create change.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because the system that you talk about is a controversial one. I mean, here's one sad story after another in the foster system. That's why I love your story. It's a story of triumph, it's a story of success. But tell me about the does the podcast then talk about the pitfalls, the soft spots as well as the success stories.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we don't hide away. We talk about it all.
Speaker 13: Each story is different, whether we're talking about a happy adoption story about foster youth to incarceration to you know, success story. There's so many different paths people can take into the system. And even if you were a part of the system, we've all experienced sadness, you know, close feelings of family, being detached from family, and we just really want to create a community for those people who feel at their lowest and just share the burden.
Speaker 12: A little bit.
Speaker 2: That's so lovely. You've got just such a great attitude too, and I think that comes across in your work and in your communication skills and the way you communicate.
Speaker 4: It's called the Future is Foster.
Speaker 12: Future is Foster. Everywhere you get podcasts.
Speaker 4: And where do you get your guests? Can you do you do people contact you?
Speaker 12: Or yeah, You're.
Speaker 13: More than welcome to email us Info at the futurest Foster or follow us on Instagram the futureist Foster podcast, slide in the DMS comment on a photo. We want to share as many stories as possible because every story is important.
Speaker 12: We just need more people.
Speaker 2: Info at the Future is Foster dot com dot com. Okay, so tell me about your life a little bit in the last because I just think the way you've reconstituted yourself with that family went out of as I mentioned, sort of the ashes of a childhood that had all kinds of problems. You did really rise with this family and went to school, had an education. You have a boyfriend, I think here, yeah, and that's its own. How long have you been with your boyfriend six years.
Speaker 12: Wow, almost six years.
Speaker 4: Just about isn't that great?
Speaker 12: We've grown together truly.
Speaker 13: And I met him when I was fourteen and I was in the system. I had just moved with my family to Riverside and you know, going to court here and there, and he really stuck by and watched me and helped me grow.
Speaker 12: And now we get to grow together.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a great story. And what does he do?
Speaker 12: He works at Google. He's an engineer, Okay, And everyone's like, oh, you're there and with a big job.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 13: I stuck through in the beginning when he was sending job applications.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, you've been there.
Speaker 12: I love a success story mark.
Speaker 4: Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 2: So you guys, are you're forming a life together?
Speaker 4: You live together or what do you live together?
Speaker 12: We're forming a life together.
Speaker 13: We're figuring out how you do this whole adulting, living together, growing together. We're in such different fields and life goals. You know, I'm over he's over there coding today. I'm over here hopping on Kfi, like just trying to figure out how to mend and grow together.
Speaker 12: And best support each other.
Speaker 13: Because he didn't know about the foster care system, or had the same traumas as I did, so we're both learning and growing together.
Speaker 2: It's just so fascinating and exciting to kind of watch you in this world with a I guess you just have such a such positivity.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think you're you learn that.
Speaker 2: I mean, we all know that it's better to be positive than negative, Okay, I know that it's.
Speaker 13: Just as much energy, you know, to be positive than it does to be negative, So why not choose the brighter outcome?
Speaker 4: But you really live it.
Speaker 2: I mean, ever since I've met you, you just live the positivity, which is really cool. All right again, it's called The Future is Foster podcast. It's available anywhere podcasts are available, and if you're interested in connecting with Nancy, it's info at the Future is Foster dot com.
Speaker 12: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's not at It's not Info at the Future is Foster podcast. It's okay, The Future is Foster. Info at the Future is faust. So you're looking for potentially anywhere.
Speaker 13: Social workers, adoptees, prospective adoptive parents, people who know nothing about the foster care system and want to just come and talk about what they know. Really everything, no story isn't a good story.
Speaker 4: Are there other.
Speaker 2: Sort of high profile examples of of foster success stories like yourself?
Speaker 13: You know, I think each story is a little different. Not everyone gets to be adopted. Some people age out and then they go on to make a big impact. One of my biggest inspirations is Tiffany Hattis. She's a really big comedian and you might you might know her sure, and she has a really big success story because she took everything she went through and then created a nonprofit called the She Ready Foundation to inspire other people to grow through what they go through.
Speaker 2: I just I just love it. Congratulations on everything. Thanks mach and to follow you on Instagram. It's the Future is Foster?
Speaker 13: Yeah at the Future is Foster? Or at Nancy wanted Nancy?
Speaker 12: If you want to want to why not over here?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Nancy Molgi, Thank you so much. Love seeing you always you only occasionally and once in a while you'll fire up the batbeam and I'll be there for you.
Speaker 12: As soon as you got a microphone for me, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you're I think you're great on your own, So good luck with the Future is Foster podcast.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on.
Speaker 2: To man Mark Thompson here, and you know it's Andrew's last day. As I was mentioning at the top of the program, he's our stalwart news person a lot of weekend, a lot of weekday fill in, a lot of He's he can do it all. He's one of those valuable people at a broadcast facility where you can just you know, ask him to do anything and he can do it. But he's not going to be doing it here anymore. So we're, you know, kind of sad to see him leave.
Speaker 4: You make it so so sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, maybe I've underscored the sadness when it's actually a new beginning for you. Yes, that new chapter, a new chapter, right, But nonetheless, I'm I'm going to miss you. I also recall that you you're involved in voiceover work too, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean I my voice will still be around, I just won't be in a news capacity right anytime soon.
Speaker 2: I remember we were sharing voiceover stories because yeah, you know, it's very hard to get a voiceover job. I audition, audition, audition, I still spend most of the time auditioning.
Speaker 4: You don't get anything.
Speaker 5: I know, Will Arnett has everyone's job.
Speaker 2: Now a lot of celebrities are involved in voiceovers. Now, there were always celebrity voices, but now on another level. I mean it was sort of viewed like doing commercials, et cetera. Was viewed as you know, a little bit in the old days, it's something you didn't want to do. You know, you don't want to be a pitch man for somebody, you know, And now there is no shame in it. I mean you just see celebrities crossing over in every way. Yeah, the biggest movie stars, the biggest TV stars, and then, as you say, somebody like Will Arnette, who has a lot of voiceover work already and you know, even more now with his rising profile as a result of you know, his podcast and TV work.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you're right, there's a lot, a lot being taken.
Speaker 5: By the way for you know, not a shameless plug for Mark Thompson, but I love following you on social media, Like I love tuning into your stories on Instagram because you voice over like wherever you are or whatever you're doing, and it is so fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Thank you man. I need to do more that it is it is.
Speaker 5: You do that stuff on the fly sometimes and I'm like, this is so funny.
Speaker 2: No, I just I think the scene is always better if there's a little narration around it. So yeah, you're saying, yeah, I'm on Instagram, I'm Mark Thompson TV. So it was actually Conway. Conway said to me. I walked in one day and I've been off Fox for a while, and Conway said, Thompson, when are you going to drop the TV? So I did, at his prompting drop the TV from Twitter. But I couldn't drop the TV from Instagram. It wasn't as easy. So oh, it's Chris Merrill coming up. Yeah, okay, yeah, totally. I will totally do a cross with Chris. I want to mention one other thing before I get to that, and that is that the in and out in Alhambra is now closed for construction. I know I should have asked you to sit down before I told you this, but in the San Gabriel Valley this affects a lot of people. The location on North Atlantic Boulevard in Alhambra temporarily closed because there are so many improvements to the parking lot and drive through lane that they can't keep the facility open. So if you go to In and Out, we're Atlantic and Garfield Cross before Huntington. It's a big intersection and a drive through line that is massive as our most around In and Out, be aware that that location will be closed. In and Out still a family owned and operated restaurant chain, four hundred restaurants across the West and completely owned by Again, the family wasn't the owner of In and Out.
Speaker 4: She's a lindsay, Yeah, she's a granddaughter.
Speaker 2: Did they do a reality show around her something? She's kind of a personality in her own right, as I recall.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was a documentary or just like a like a like a featured piece that they'd done on her. She's pretty grounded individual though. She's got like her grandparents, like work ethics. That's terrific values. That's really cool. It's it's probably not easy to stay grounded with all that. I was looking at. Who's Will Smith's son? The yeah Jaden, Yeah, and he was at the was a Paris fashion show or maybe it was the New York Fashion Fashion show and he was wearing this thing.
Speaker 4: You can find it. Just google the Jaden and.
Speaker 2: You'll see he's wearing this like house like thing on his head, and that got me sort of on a deep dive. And I watched him like going in and out of clubs and all the rest, and he's ultra stylized and ultra you know, he's got something.
Speaker 4: Equivalent to that. Very trendy. Yeah, yeah, thank you, very trendy.
Speaker 2: But I mean he puts the tea in trendy, okay, And I thought to myself, to be fair to him, it's got to be hard. You're growing up in this uber celebrity family with Jada Pinkett and Will Smith as your parents. You have a lot of money, a lot of privilege, a lot of access, and a lot of scrutiny. A lot of people are looking at him, and so maybe i'd start, you know, tweaking out like that. Also, it's starting to putting these like crazy outfits together or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've always noticed that Hollywood kids are with it. Nepo babies is what they call them. It's always harder for them because they're always in the shadow.
Speaker 2: You know, Yes, it's true, but I mean you do have a fork in the road. You can try to remain kind of somewhat normal. A lot of those actors I think of like a Scott Eastwood or you know.
Speaker 5: I think Demi Moore and Bruce Willis's kids are pretty grounded individuals.
Speaker 2: It's got to be hard, and it does come from the parents on some level, right, I mean, the parents help keep you grounded. So I have a lot of friends who who done well, and they always, to a person, almost are pretty tough about laying a lot of money on their kids. They want their kids to remain grounded and to have careers and to have aspirations that they pursue that aren't just served up for them by their rich parents.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That seems like the right thing to It seems like the right strategy, the right blueprint to pursue.
Speaker 4: So is Chris is next? Is he around? I don't know? Uh yeah, oh hello.
Speaker 2: Yeah you are, as I've always said, uh, a true talent of broadcasting.
Speaker 4: So you're a yeah right? So what you very grounded?
Speaker 14: That's because my parents kept me away from the celebrity life.
Speaker 4: Chris marril is not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are truly your day's drive from celebrity, would you say, Chris.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, never never have ahead on you that that the nepotism advantages.
Speaker 2: What what What kind of business are your parents in?
Speaker 14: By the way, uh So, the joke is that my grandfather on my mother's side was an electrician. My grandfather on my father's side was an electrician. My father was an electrician. I'm a giant let down.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 2: But do you have some electrician type skills?
Speaker 14: I mean, I can do basic, basic stuff just And the reason I do this is I never worked in my dad's shop or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 14: I mean, when I was a little kid, I used to put price tags on things that would go on the shelves, you know, as far as I went. But what I found is that as I've gotten older in trying to bond with my father now, we spend a lot of time doing projects. And of course we always sort of fall back on electrical projects because that's his you know, that's.
Speaker 4: His sure, sure, you know.
Speaker 14: So, so I find that we do a lot of real basic wiring around the how any house I've had, you know, We'll we'll replace outlets, we'll run some new wires. If it gets into three way wiring, it gets a little beyond me and I have to have him jump in and help me out. We replace some circuit breakers, you know, just just basic stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's I mean, what's tricky about it.
Speaker 2: I've always felt electrician, you really need an electrician most of the time when you're dealing with anything that involves electricity, because it's dangerous.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's tricky.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And it's it's something that struck me a few times that at some point I'm not gonna have Dad around and I'm gonna have one of those projects come up, and uh, and I'm and I'm gonna wish I did. Sure, I'm gonna have to hire somebody, and it's it's gonna it's gonna be painful, not only because I'm gonna have to pay for it, but also it's it's just a reminder of the things that that he and I were able to do together.
Speaker 2: And then, well, don't move on. The guy's still alive, isn't he. I mean, yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 14: He's funny because he's not that old. He's he's only seventy one, but he talks like he's ninety one. So he's got he's got these little every time he has a medical problem, he says, well, can't use my left arm anymore. And I said, this is true, he says, I can't use my left arm anymore. So I guess, I guess this year I won't be fishing. I'll just sit on the boat with you. And it's so funny. Again, he's only seventy one, and I go, Dad, I think we could probably do something about that. Let's talk to your neurologist. He goes, Now, it just happens when you get old. He just gives up.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 14: The time I was home, we did some we did some wiring, put in some put in some outlets, change out some breakers, and did that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: So that's great.
Speaker 14: I look forward to those I look forward to those things. I have to do all the work, but I don't care. That's terrific.
Speaker 4: That's how we love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those bonding type yeah experience is really cool. All right, Well, Chris Merrill is next. Chris, love listening to you. Always enjoy you, my friend. Thank you, and Andrew wishing wishing you the best. My friend. You are you know somebody who I've spent many an hour with on the radio, and I'm last looking forward yeah to to a lot more good news from your world in the years to come.
Speaker 4: So thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for everything you've done for us here at kf I. So Chris is next. K thank you, Matt, thank you everybody. Nicky would even get to you, We're supposed to, but we didn't. We'll get to know you on the air more in the future, Robin as well. I'll look forward to seeing and hearing everyone on Tuesday Night with Conway.
Speaker 1: Until then, KFI A M six forty on demand